Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty, arm Strong and Getty and he Armstrong and Yetty. Thanks being and welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for tuning in to Michael. The gift plane from Qatar would have to be stripped from the lead. We got that seventy on my sheet. No, well, I'll just say it what he said. The gift flame plane from Qatar would have to be stripped for security reasons.
Speaker 1: We were talking about that earlier.
Speaker 2: So the idea of a Katari jet being lent to the president to be the new air Force one then maybe goes to his library.
Speaker 1: There's a lot.
Speaker 2: Being made of it. Prob bleed too much. But we'll let the President himself explain what he's thinking. Clips seventy three, Michael, people who knew.
Speaker 1: That luxury jet as a personal get to you? Why not leave it by NBC? Fake news?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Why not only only ABC?
Speaker 4: Well a few of you would, let me tell you, you should be embarrassed asking that question. They're giving us a free jet. I could say, no, no, no, don't give us. I want to pay you a billion or four hundred million or whatever it is, or I can say thank you very much. You know, there was an old golfer named Sam Sneed. Did you ever hear me? What eighty two terms? He was a great golfer that he had a motto, when they give you a putt, you say thank you very much, You pick up your ball, and you walk to the next hole. A lot of people are stupid. They say no, no, I have just start putting it. And then they put it and they miss it and their partner gets angry at them. You know what, Remember that Sam Snead, When they give you a putt, you pick it up, and you walk to the next hole, and you say thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Sam Snead would have hit you at a golf club.
Speaker 2: You fake news ABC reporter, Why Hannah, just Katie.
Speaker 1: So many people are stupid.
Speaker 2: He just you know, lover hate the guy. He's funny. Yeah, sometimes yes, yes. So I'm less worried about the plane thing than some people are because there are ways that to take care of any ethical problems, and I have a feeling they'll be taken care of. I just there are much much bigger problems facing the US of a However, before we get to my main point, which is kicking Cutter the country, why not have a little fun with it.
Speaker 1: It's a late night joke off.
Speaker 2: We've got three comedians all making jokes about the same topic. I Joe Geddy will grade them the bottom grade. Getter will be banned from comedy for life.
Speaker 1: Hit it, Michael. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The eighty nine passenger luxury plane has wood finishes, custom carpets, and gold walls.
Speaker 3: The only thing it doesn't have is a way to safely land at Newark Airport.
Speaker 5: That's the only thing he doesn't make.
Speaker 6: Qatar is donating this new air Force one to the government. It's really just for Trump because air Force one is the president's personal plane, and when he's done being president, the plane would then be donated to Trump's presidential library, meaning he may continue using it.
Speaker 1: After leaving office.
Speaker 6: Actually, I actually think it's fitting that the only thing Trump's going to check out of his library is big plane.
Speaker 7: Trump administration is planning to accept a four hundred million dollars luxury jet as a gift from Katar's royal family. The jet features three lounges, nine bathrooms, and I'm guessing about one hundred and fifty hidden microphones.
Speaker 2: Wow, boy, felon Meyers both with c's just because you know they're reasonably topical and door. Yeah, the hidden microphone thing Colbert with a D minus god and it would be an F except that somebody in the audience appeared to like it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That was terrible. Give him an F.
Speaker 2: Yes, f you're right, it's too much great inflation. That made us all sad and less alive. That was terrible, terrible.
Speaker 1: I blame you, which is the important thing anyway.
Speaker 2: So yeah, the whole he gets to use it after the office. It's donated to his library number one Trump as old as the Hills.
Speaker 1: Two.
Speaker 2: If that is ethically unacceptable, there will be it'll be dealt with. It's just it'll be fine. I'm not worried about this bringing down the United States. And if there are ethical questions, I think they will probably be answered. By the way, there are a handful of presidential libraries I think. I know Reagan's has the Air Force one that he used, and other Air Force ones have been donated to various aerospace museums and flight museums and that sort of thing. So the fact that it's don't quote unquote donate to do his library.
Speaker 1: I mean that's a gift to a museum anyway.
Speaker 2: So you know, you might disagree on that I was talking earlier about I am very, very wary of accepting gifts from various Middle Eastern regimes, including the Qataris in general, beware Katari's offering gifts, bearing gifts. Great piece by Eli Lake I came across not long ago, a couple of days ago, Ashley.
Speaker 1: Qatar's war for young American minds.
Speaker 2: Right now, senior leaders of Hamas, the perpetrators of the worst atrocity against Jews since the Holocaust, are huddled in Qatar.
Speaker 1: Or do you say Connor?
Speaker 2: They've been there for years, but American foreign policy has turned to a blind eye.
Speaker 3: Why.
Speaker 2: One reason might be that for the last twenty five years, this small, energy rich state has pumped billions of dollars into America to purchase influence in good favor. The Katari have spent their lavish fortune at American law firms, on lobbying contracts with former senior officials, and on junkets and partnerships with big media companies. The biggest recipients of Katari largest, though, have been major universities in think tanks, and we're talking about unbelievable amounts of money. A couple of years ago, the National Association of Scholars did a study. Katara is the largest foreign donor to American universities. Seems kind of odd, doesn't it that this little oil rich country in the Middle East would care so deeply about our universities. The study found that in the twenty years between twenty one and twenty twenty one, the petro state donated a whopping just under five billion dollars to US colleges. Largest recipients those are some of America's most prestigious institutions of higher learning that already have a ton of money. That's odd, too, says if the Kataris are trying to buy influence, not education. These schools have partnered with the regime to build campuses in Doha's Education City, a special district of the capitol that hope holds satellite at hosts rather satellite colleges for American universities. So, for instance, in the last quarter century or so, Katar has donated more than one hundred and three million dollars to Virginia Commonwealth one point eight billion to Cornell, seven hundred million to Texas A and M, and the list goes on and on. Seven hundred and sixty million dollars to Georgetown University for a school of politics and six hundred and two million Northwestern University for a school of journalism. All but one of the universities contacted declined to comment on the relationship and the future of the Doha campuses. In Qatar, which again hosts Hamas and has for years and years and years, there's one school that said serves a broader purpose fostering international dialogue and cooperation, peaceful resolutions rather than conflict, which is a lovely sentiment. But there is a significant body of thinking that believes that the Kataris are trying to soft pedal any criticism of their behavior in Islamism in general. Organizations like Hamas, these universities have incredibly Islamist friendly faculties and programs, and the reason is they're getting hundreds of millions of dollars from Cutter. So I just I see Cutter coming with another big giant gift, and I think you guys are up to something.
Speaker 1: Anyway. We'll dig more into this at another time. I have the very latest. Enough, Now I have the very latest in the Sean Combs trial. Oh good lord, is it gross?
Speaker 3: Today's today, man, the star witness, the key to the whole thing is testifying, and this is the whole ball of axe today, even though it's spected to be kind of a longish trial, The whole ball of axes today.
Speaker 2: Pop singer Cassie also known as Cassandra what's her name? Yeah, that's the gal, the one who took the beating in the hotel lobby.
Speaker 3: Right, And she's testifying, and she's got some gruesome things to say, and I will explain what those are coming up. And it might be one of those what's not might want to be one of those deals, one of those deals, or you don't want to definitely don't want your kids.
Speaker 1: Listening, oh boy, in any way whatsoever.
Speaker 3: But I can't imagine how this would, these details will land with a jury. She's eight months pregnant, so she got an eight months pregnant woman up there testifying to some really crazy stuff.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I think she's gonna be quite sympathetic. Oh yeah, one hundred percent. But then the the defense is gonna hammer look dated him for ten years. What's that you dated him for ten years? That's well one thing, Yeah, number one and number two is gonna be Look, having wild sex is not sex trafficking, right, Domestic battery is not necessarily sex trafficking. He's a hot tempered guy. He's hit a woman. It's terrible, but that's not the charge here, folks. That's what the defense is.
Speaker 1: Going to say. Folks. He dropped the folks absolutely. You know why because I'm folksy. Folks.
Speaker 3: Seems out of place given the testimony book and other stuff on the way, stay right here.
Speaker 5: Big news from the Sports World Number twenty three is back. Michael Jordan will be part of the NBC Sports coverage of the NBA. Jordan said he's excited about his new role as a special contributor. You can catch the sixth time NBA Champs starting this October.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see if he's got anything to say. It's not really ever been his brand of having particularly witty or interesting things to say in a compelling way, But we'll see. I wonder what he's getting paid as opposed to his former best friend Charles Barkley, who contract goes from TNTDESPN next year and he said for the weekend, ESPN was rolling out all the states. So Barkley decided to keep working. They threw so much money at him. I think it's two hundred million, two hundred million dollar ten year deal.
Speaker 1: Wow. And he decided to keep working for that amount of money.
Speaker 3: But so they announced all this stuff for Barkley that he would be you know, he'd be joining on this show in the morning and this show in the afternoon, and all this stuff. And he came out over the weekend said no, I'm not I'm not doing any of that stuff. You think I'm gonna do any extra work at this point in my life, fire me if you want, but I'm not doing those shows.
Speaker 1: Wow. That's funny. That's something man, that's when you got leverage.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised he signed a ten year deal though, I mean, maybe he just really enjoys it.
Speaker 3: Good for him, he enjoys it if he gets to completely dictate, you know, his own hours and pace.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So they so they came out with some sort of we've been in these situations before where they say, now you're gonna go on the morning show in New York every Tuesday morning at eight, And he.
Speaker 1: Said no, I'm not. I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, and I should know better than this. It's a ten year deal. But he can quit any time he wants. He just can't go to work for a competitor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's got more money than God anyway. And then the NBA last night, as we mentioned, the Knicks are up three to one over the Celtics city defending champ, but the.
Speaker 1: Star player for the defending champs went down.
Speaker 3: I've always been interested in the idea that athletes are so in touch with their body and injuries that they seem to know it instantly when they've got an injury that's a really big deal.
Speaker 1: Like most of us, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've gotten hurt before I thought, oh my god, I'll never walk again, you know, and it's fine, or we're the opposite. I think, you know, that's kind of a little tweak, and then it ends up being eight weeks or something.
Speaker 1: But they seem to just know.
Speaker 3: And like this, Jason Tatum for the Celtics, he went down, and everybody said he knew immediately, Oh, this might be the end of my career. I'm not playing again this next year. Even it just did they know this. There are some injuries. I think, yeah, you don't need to be in all with an incredible ripport with your body or whatever. But I see your point. But yes, some when your knee is pointing sideways and you think, well, that's doomed.
Speaker 1: This was an ankle, but he is. He may be done forever. So the Sean P Diddy thing.
Speaker 3: Just want to throw that out there, do not if you're if you're squeamish about this sort of stuff. I shouldn't even say squeamish, and that makes it make it sound like you're weak or something like that. I don't even know what the right term is. But this is really gross what I'm about to say.
Speaker 2: And it is testimony that the jury is hearing, right, but this is really gross. I mean, this is not some sort of rumor on the web. This is evidence in the trial.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So this Cassie Ventura, who is P Diddy's girlfriend for ten years, and if you know anything about this trial, you've seen the video where he drags her down the hall by the hair and all that.
Speaker 1: Sort of stuff. And she's the star witness in the trial.
Speaker 3: And I guess there was some discussion of whether or not she'd actually even testify as recently as this past weekend. But here she's going to testify, and it's today, like it's right now, and this is gonna be the really hard to overcome thing, and he is going she is going to corroborate, corroborate. She's going to say the same thing somebody else said to a bodyguard yesterday that testified that did he would hire male escorts to have sex with his girlfriend in front of him, sometimes for as long as ten hours, which is hard to even imagine.
Speaker 2: On Hey, this is great, but there's a ballgame on. I'm gonna yeah, that's wow, that's a kink. I don't know if that's a drug thing like that. Those of us who don't do those kind of drugs can't understand. It keeps you interested. For who could stay interested for ten hours?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there's other stuff to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or there's a you know, I don't know if you know how the whole sex thing works, but there is a there is a payoff usually that is quite pleasant, and then you think, you know, I'm good for a while. I'm good for a while ten hours, No, maybe next week, maybe even this weekend, but.
Speaker 1: Not like after lunch.
Speaker 2: Today anyway, on stop the testimony yesterday, wash and again, this is highly gross among the things that the.
Speaker 3: Paid escort was forced to do, like did he threaten them? Was he had to do?
Speaker 1: We wanna can we just be vague? How do you be vague about this?
Speaker 2: They played horrible, disgusting ppe games.
Speaker 3: Well, she was on the receiving end of something that she says was not her idea or something she wanted. And she's going to say, yeah, that did happen. And I'm thinking, in terms of scoring points with the jury, that makes you look like a crazy person.
Speaker 2: Well, and I've been harping on the fact that the defense is going to say, well, being a perv is not sex trafficking.
Speaker 1: Having orgies not sex trafficking.
Speaker 2: If they testify that she was made to do something so gross and off putting for most people, uh, the vast majority of people, and they ask her why did you do it?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 2: And she says, because I was terrified. That's going to be really damaging. Right, So this thing, we're two days into this and the big cohuna is today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go, And.
Speaker 2: Then I guess you get into the specifics of trafficking and money being transferred whiles being broke is more legalistic stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, I guess that's the way you want to do it.
Speaker 3: You want to you want to hit the hit the jury with this hard first early while they're paying attention, then get into the.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, yeah, I see the strategy.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 3: So who won the big trade deal between China and Trump? It seems to be running pretty one sided when you ask people to be Joe Alwayer, Armstrong.
Speaker 8: And gettystick d escalation in the trade war between the United States and China. Starting Wednesday and effective for the next ninety days, the United States government will lower it's overall tariffs on Chinese goods from one hundred and forty five percent to thirty percent. China will lower its duties on American imports from one hundred and twenty five percent to ten percent.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that was the headline yesterday, and as you know, as we had it here and here's where I get I could get in trouble with Trump fans if I had to. If I had to click a box of whether I'm a Trump fan or a Trump hater, I definitely would have to check Trump fan.
Speaker 1: Between those two choices.
Speaker 3: But uh, I took in a lot of coverage on the analysis of this yesterday, and I'd be interested in what your takeaway was the vast majority of it, I mean, like ninety five percent of it, unless it was somebody who worked for Trump basically said he backed down, he backed down, and we accomplished nothing. And that's from obviously from the from painting sources, but from also a conservative leaning sources.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some of them hate Trump, but true. Uh yeah.
Speaker 2: I have searched far and wide for people who are saying that this made perfect sense and the result is great, and it's just nobody's really saying that.
Speaker 3: And to the extent that the market's roared back up, it's not because uh, Yay, we won something.
Speaker 1: It's okay. Now we've got some certainty.
Speaker 3: The super bad scare of you know, immediate recession stagflation we can put off and kick the can down.
Speaker 1: The road, which is the way markets react. It wasn't a yay, this was a great deal. It was a thank God it's over. Yeah, it was a thanks God it's over. He has I heard somebody describe it yesterday.
Speaker 3: It was a you know, it's like you're punching yourself in the face and you stop punching in yourself in the face.
Speaker 1: It feels good and you're you're happy for it, but it doesn't mean it's a good idea put yourself in the face in the first place.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I would agree, Uh yeah, I'm troubled by a lot of it. In it's you know, it's one of those issues that there are a couple of layers to it, which doesn't lend itself well to a lot of the super blunt, super strongly fell talk of whether it's talk radio or politics in general. You talk about tariffs, all right against our allies, all right, what are their non trade barriers? Let's talk about it. Let's let's have a little more equity here with that. I'm one hundred percent fine with that. The China thing's completely different. And within the China thing, are we talking about areas where they are flooding the market in ways that violate trade agreements with the steel for instance, which we'll get to in a second. Or is it a strategic industry that we need to protect just for national security reasons.
Speaker 1: That's a different question. And then you got the problem that.
Speaker 2: Wherever there are tariffs there are carve out because the powerful and well connected go hat in hand to the White House promising gigantic contributions or threats or whatever, and the powerful and well connected get carve outs and the small business people don't, and it becomes a very very swampy cesspool of what's called rent seeking among economists, which means begging the government, essentially spending your time, energy and money on begging the government as opposed to innovating and designing better products. And so the tariff thing bothers me a lot on that level. Oh, by the way, I want to get to later. There's a chunk of the new Jake Tapper.
Speaker 3: Book that comes out in a few days about all the secret hidden stuff in the Biden White House that Jake Tapper and his friends were ignoring. But anyway, there's some interesting details in there about Biden's infirmities.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll get to an hour three.
Speaker 2: So anyway, the whole you know, has this been good or bad? What Trump's done with China?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's complicated. And then it's not over yet. We've still got a weird system where we're hammering some of our allies harder than we are China. If you leave out the twenty percent, hey cut it out with the fentanyl tariff.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I thought this was go ahead. Were you gonna jump in there? So?
Speaker 2: Do you know who Kevin O'Leary is, The bald headed shark tank guy, mister wonderful they call him. It's funny they put out in the Free Press that he's got a lot in common with Donald J. Trump, both conservative built reputations as successful businessmen turned into reality TV stars, and like most tycoons, O'Leary takes issue with Trump's one hundred and forty five percent tariff on most Chinese products. This was written a couple of days ago before the big change.
Speaker 1: The twist.
Speaker 2: O'Leary doesn't think they're too high. He thinks they aren't high enough. And here's what he said. When President Bill Clinton welcomed China into the World Trade Organization and OH one, the idea was to hold him accountable. China was some push to adhere to WTO rules guaranteeing intellectual property rights and cooperating with American producers, but they never complied, not in the first week and not in the twentieth year of doing business. The Wtoshia kicked them out for non compliance. Instead, it's a given that the Communists, the Chinese Communist Party had free reign to cheat and steal from other members. Partly that's because the West was able to import cheap Chinese goods even if their own companies were being put out of business. But it's also because too many governments were intimidated by China. Now the WTO is racked and stacked with grievances from the US and other countries that have never been arbitrated, litigated, or resolved. Frankly, I don't see the point of the WTO even existing if it can't keep China in check. That's pretty good and some details. Let me give you a good example steel dumping. Chinese government intentionally subsidizes the over production of steel, flooding global markets with products with exports rather that China sells for below the cost of production. That is totally against the international rules of free trade. Producers in the US, Europe and Asia simply can't compete while China unfairly.
Speaker 1: Gains market share.
Speaker 2: Or how about the way the Chinese government repeatedly steals intellectual property and then he gives a couple of examples, including one that was on Shark Tank that it was just clearly a ripoff the Briggs, as the folks in question went to all the trouble and expensive patenting their product, patenting their product and did them no good. As soon as the revenue hit a certain amount. China just absolutely stole it, frustrating. Here's another of China's favorite tricks, the golden share. That's when a preferred shareholder sells all their stock except one percent, but that one percent still allows them to control the company.
Speaker 1: Guess what.
Speaker 2: The Chinese Communist Party has golden shares in everything. Literally, there's no major Chinese company that is not controlled by the CCP. So when something like TikTok comes along with Congress demanding the TikTok either be sold or banned from the US, there's nobody at the company to negotiate with. There's only one guy to talk to, the guy who runs the Chinese government. Shees in Ping since he holds the golden share, and then he goes into the fact that Chinese companies are not complying with the generally Accepted accounting principles the GAAP when they list their stock in the New York Stock exchange, and those are the rules that guide financial reporting in the US. In twenty twenty, Congress passed the law that gave them three years to comply, but as usual, China completely ignored the law, and the chairman of the Security is In Exchange Commission under Biden didn't so much as lift a finger against them. Now his successor is trying to force China to be compliant, but doing so could involve delisting companies with as much as an eight hundred billion dollar market cap on the New York Stock Exchange and the NASDAQ. Will that sure hurt the NASDAK, Sure it will, But some things are more important.
Speaker 1: And there's paragraphs more of this stuff.
Speaker 3: So the Wao WTO is yet another farce of an international body that China runs over and nobody pays the attentions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, certainly it doesn't stand up against the Chinese communists. It's very much like the who run by that China ass kissing Moroccan guy? What's his face during COVID that helped cover up for the communists is spreading this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, what was his name?
Speaker 2: I don't want to name the wrong ass kissing Moroccan guy and be accused of splan slander. One more thing from mister Wonderful. The trouble is that collectively we in the West have allowed China to walk all over US for years. Administration after administration, not just in the US but also in Europe have let China screw the West time after time. I speak for millions who are sick to death of China's shady business practices which they've been getting away with for decades. So my advice to President Trump has squeezed China even harder. The current tariffs, which are around one hundred and forty five percent, don't go far enough. Come on top of the US should impost four hundred percent tariffs or put another way, should shut down trade with China completely? Well, Kevin, bad news, brother. Not only are we not doing that, we backtracked from the other stuff, you know, getting back to the theme of this stuff is fairly complicated and doesn't lend itself to bellowing on talk radio. He's right in principle. But if you got a heroin addict who DT the DTS will kill if he goes cold Turkey, then you got to come up with another way. And some of the stories about small businesses being absolutely murdered by those one hundred and forty five percent tariffs were heartbreaking. I mean, they're the backbone of the US economy and a lot of them do a lot of business with China because that's what we've set up, partly by ignoring all the stuff while HER's talking about, but that's our economy is a heroin addict for Chinese goods and manufacturing and the rest of it. And so, you know, Trump tried to go semi cold Turkey and a lot of people were howling and not just you know, the ouch that's hurting me, even though I'm a giant rich corporation. They were like, no, I will my business will go away and I will be poverty stricken. We have gotten ourselves into a tough spot. You do the you know what kids? First of all, what the hell are you listening to this show for if you're a kid. Secondly, you do the wrong thing long enough, undoing it becomes really really hard.
Speaker 3: We have breaking news. Joe Biden has a nodule on his prostate. According to an exam today, Joe Biden's prostate nodule will have graphs and uh.
Speaker 1: At least that's not another perverted thing. Did he did full.
Speaker 3: Team coverage coming up of Biden's prostate nodgin?
Speaker 1: Did Jill discover it? She has a doctor, that's true. That's true. Not a real doctor, that's true.
Speaker 3: She is a doctor. I looked up at CBS News. They're doing why is allergy season worse this year? It's all across the What's interesting to me is that it's all across the country, that it's worse this year. I didn't know that's the way allergies could work, with so many different plants and weather systems and you know, climates and all that sort of stuff. But it is horrible for everyone nationwide, coast to coast. It's worse than practically any year. So if you're guessing it's the.
Speaker 2: Climate change according to the TV newspeople, yeah, a doctor, very nice doctor who helped me a lot on Saturday.
Speaker 3: But I said something about the allergies. He said, well, she's only gonna get worse with climate change or not? All right, whatever, all right, all right. A couple another headline I just came across. There's a report Fox is saying that Democrats are looking to have an intervention against Senator Fetterman of Pennsylvania to try to drive him from office. So that hit piece in the Atlantic about his brain or the New Yorker, I guess is just the beginning of it. Now the Democrats are looking at an intervention where they would I don't know.
Speaker 1: What you do.
Speaker 3: Is there a article five something or other like you can do with the president with a senator to say that they're not mentally amitment? Yeah, twenty fifth of minute. I don't know anyway, that's kind of an interesting story. And also how bad is shape was o'biden? According to Jake Tapper's new book, they're starting to leak stuff out before it comes out. We can get to that too at a good stud right, sounds fine, There a lot of good stuff.
Speaker 1: Stay here.
Speaker 9: Did you study comparing two popular drugs used for weight loss. Researcher studying obese and overweight patients for seventy two weeks, finding those on zep bound lost an average of fifty pounds, with GOV patients losing an average of thirty three pounds. Both groups reported some known side effects. Both drugs helped improve blood sugar and cholesterol. A study in the New England Journal of medicine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, the question is always did do you keep it off? Right? Of course?
Speaker 2: And the whole side effects thing, which jackassd David Muir kind of gloss glossed over there. Oh I can't stand him. That was the nicest clean sword I could come up.
Speaker 3: What did he do to wrong you? I mean you, you really do hate him? What was the main offense?
Speaker 2: Oh, he's had so many but he is horrifying during the debate. Oh, right, right, right, right, Oh, he's blatantly biased.
Speaker 1: Because Judy like him? Is that as Judy kind of Oh David Murskay couldn't pick him out of a lineup? No, uh, you know if it was a personal grudge or something.
Speaker 2: No, he's just he's a jackass. I was I gonna say, Oh, I was reading a bit about the side effects, and you have to remember if ten percent of people experienced blah, that sounds like a small number, but with many, many, hundreds of thousands of millions of people getting prescribed this, the number of people who are having like horrendous side.
Speaker 1: Effects is nasty. Speaking to an including death, now that's a side effect. Speaking of weight loss.
Speaker 3: Taylor Swift's boyfriend, Travis Kelsey has shown up to camp looking like a different human being.
Speaker 1: Got a new body this year, kind.
Speaker 3: Of dropped the uh you know, kind of soft physique that you've been carrying the last couple of years after a an embarrassing Super Bowl loss and is in really good shape.
Speaker 1: So here you go.
Speaker 3: This is something a Newark airport, which had all those troubles last week.
Speaker 1: And everything like that.
Speaker 3: One air traffic controller showed up yesterday. They're supposed to have a minimum of fifteen to operate, and they had one.
Speaker 1: That big walkout. Huh No, it's just it doesn't even really explain it.
Speaker 3: It's just all kinds of you know, somebody's sick or that person's not here, or their shift is up or what are They just aren't enough of them, and it all kind of coincided on a day where they had one. They thought they'd have two or three, which is way fewer than you're supposed to have, and they had one for at least of the morning. That's isn't that crazy. I don't understand anything stuff, but it is astonishing.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, a surgeon showing up to the operating room and there are no nurses right and it's just like, well, I got to try to do this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how does that happen? So it's getting I don't know why this is getting any attention.
Speaker 1: I miss. This was a mistake. I miss made a mistake and.
Speaker 3: Pre bought the Jake Tapper tell All book about Joe Biden, and as we get it comes out in a few days. That's twenty five dollars wasted because I'm realizing more and more there. There's just a very little there that's surprising in the least and they're putting out probably the most interesting stuff ahead of time to try to tease people to buy it. I mean, that's usually the way previews for TV shows, movies or books work. But they've got the stuff out today that they and this is shocking.
Speaker 1: You might want to sit down for this.
Speaker 3: Turns out the team was thinking Joe Biden might need a wheelchair after he wins the election, but not before because they thought it would do too much damage.
Speaker 1: To have him be seen in a wheelchair.
Speaker 3: But how could that be even in the least bit surprising or interesting really to anyone?
Speaker 2: He could barely walk. He's crazy old and getting older. Yeah, we can do that math ourselves.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Jake, Joe, as have all our institutions.
Speaker 3: Joe Biden's physical deterioration was so severe in twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we all knew that every day. We talked about it.
Speaker 3: I like the way you write it a year later in a book and act like it's some sort of deep fake.
Speaker 2: That's a Republican talking point conspiracy there.
Speaker 3: That advisors privately discussed the possibility he'd need to use a wheelchair if he won re election. Cee it n's Jake Tappern and Axios, As Alex S. Thompson write in their new book, Original Sin, the discussions reflected the extent of the president's declining health. Yeah we know, and his aid's alarm over it as Biden sought a second termin a j eight one. The conversations also revealed the White House's determination to conceal the reality of Biden's condition. Yeah, we caught onto that too, by starting to use the lower steps and the shorter ramps, and the surrounding him with people so you couldn't see him.
Speaker 1: We all knew this. Do you not know that we all knew this?
Speaker 2: David Burge, the Great IOWAHACA blogger just tweeted, come on now, it was just an ambulatory stutter.
Speaker 1: That's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: The book is based on interviews with more than two hundred people, mostly Democratic insiders. Oh man, you're so lucky to have access to two hundred insiders to bring us this information that we all knew three years ago.
Speaker 1: I find that odd that this is even.
Speaker 2: Happening straight out of the department of Elephants are big and the sun is hot.
Speaker 1: No, kidd, thank you for that revelation.
Speaker 3: Biden's physical deterioration, most apparent in his halting walk. Yeah, I know, had become so severe that there were internal discussions about blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: It goes on and on.
Speaker 3: I do they think they're revealing something? I mean, are they so surrounded by their kind that they think they're revealing something that's the least bit surprising to most of us?
Speaker 1: I think we.
Speaker 2: Would be shocked the level shot by the level of non disagreement with any of the big talking points Biden's find He's rate and nobody dared dissent in their circles.
Speaker 1: That's wild.
Speaker 3: If you missed a segment gets the podcast, Armstrong and Getty on Demand, Armstrong and Getty
Speaker 2: Mm hm