Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: Yew Hey, this is ry Jang the Daily shows on break this week. But don't worry. We put together some special highlights for you to catch up on in case you miss them. We'll be back on September tenth. Until then, enjoyed this episode, Welcome.
Speaker 1: Back to the other show. Today is all about Tim Walls.
Speaker 3: But Donald Trump is still out on the campaign trail, and that means Jordan Klepper is too.
Speaker 1: Check it out.
Speaker 4: The last three weeks have been some of the most eventful and American political history. So I went to Harrisburg, PA to see how the Maga world is reflecting on these serious times. First, I want to know how they're coping with the loss of their favorite punching back.
Speaker 5: I've seen you many many times here on number rally we.
Speaker 1: Have eighty two.
Speaker 4: Are you sad about the shoe Biden chant being retired?
Speaker 1: I'm sad because of all I've invested in, all the sad time writing gear.
Speaker 5: How much Let's Go branded anti Joe Biden merch did you have?
Speaker 1: Oh? Thousands of?
Speaker 6: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Wow? I buy it at that Let's Go Brandon store in Thom's Reven, New Jersey.
Speaker 5: Did they have to rename that?
Speaker 1: I think they're gonna have to rename.
Speaker 4: How about one more for old time's sake, Joe and the Hoe. And now the name calling of Vice President Harris begins. If they could only decide how to mispronounce that name.
Speaker 5: I'm surprised Kamala even has a chance.
Speaker 2: No one likes Kamala, the want in and that's why I don't like to hear about the Kamala thing.
Speaker 5: Why do you say your name like that?
Speaker 1: How do you say it Kamala?
Speaker 5: It's Kamala, Kamala, Kamala O.
Speaker 1: Kamala, Kamala, Kamala.
Speaker 5: There you go. I appreciate that you're trying to say the name correctly.
Speaker 4: Yes, I actually I'm not, but I I indvertently, you know, I would you want to say it Kamala?
Speaker 1: It's the way Bush used to say Sadam? Who's sin Sadam?
Speaker 4: Did you work shopping elevating Kamala to Saddam Hussein levels?
Speaker 1: Kamala? Harris is a bigger threat.
Speaker 5: More anti American than Sadan.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yes, the most anti American candidate for president we ever had.
Speaker 4: I gotta tell you, if I ran into you three weeks ago, you might have said that about Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 5: Yet, do you think Kamala's qualified.
Speaker 1: To be president?
Speaker 2: Somebody that cackles all the time and laughs at everything under their son?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: A woman experiencing joy and not your thing.
Speaker 6: She's useless.
Speaker 7: She's a backpedaling on all her previous comments.
Speaker 5: Is that your issue with her?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes?
Speaker 5: What do you like about JD.
Speaker 2: Vans? He's a man of the people.
Speaker 5: You'll stand up for Trump?
Speaker 4: Yeah, ant will stand up to the people who compare Donald Trump to Hitlo.
Speaker 5: What happens if those people are also JD. Vans?
Speaker 4: He has acquitted Donald Trump to Hitler, America's Hitler years ago he flipped off.
Speaker 6: People can change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I still like parents.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 4: Apparently writing a book about your opioid addicted family makes you more qualified than any black woman could ever be. I heard she got up the ladder on her back, right, But millions of beautiful voted for Kamala Harris.
Speaker 5: Did she sleep with all of that? I just don't. I don't know. But how do you sleep your way to the top of elected positions?
Speaker 7: I don't know how she got to where she is, except if the word is DEI you know, what do you think of jd Vance? I thank you picked him for vote to the russ Belt. Diversity on the ticket, diversity on his ticket.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Over the years, the Maga crowd has faced a lot of criticism, but none more stinging than the line of attack started by Kamala's new VP candidate Tim Wallas.
Speaker 1: These guys are just weird. These are weird people.
Speaker 5: On the other side, Democrats are trying to call the Maga movement weird. What do you think of that one? It's I mean, it's I don't know what's weird about it.
Speaker 4: Is it fair though, to call the Maga movement and inherently an unserious movement?
Speaker 1: I mean I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Do you think the discourse has gotten to toridiculous?
Speaker 1: I think so?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, yeah, I just think something that from an outside perspective, it feels like you come to a manga event and there isn't a seriousness. It's not about people trying to fix America. It feels like a carnival.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Is that a fair critique?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, these are people who are genuinely care about the country.
Speaker 4: People come here, they want to talk politics, Yes, they want to talk about gods that they want to talk about rights.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: This isn't a freaking carnival. Yeah, it's not Halloween. We're not all a dressing it up like lunat tanks.
Speaker 5: It's a serious than here.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, absolutely, absolutely you do know you're wearing that hat right now?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 7: Cool.
Speaker 4: The rally was just three weeks after a truly tragic day in US politics. The official story was that the assassination attempt was committed by a disturbed young man who was a registered Republican. But this crowd isn't always into official stories. I think people on both sides can agree that was a horrific moment in our history.
Speaker 5: It was looking back at it. Do you believe the things you hear?
Speaker 6: Oh no, I don't.
Speaker 5: I believe it's an inside job. The shooting was an inside job.
Speaker 1: A lot of things aren't add It's very strange. I think that was a playing job.
Speaker 2: Anybody with any common sense knows that was a playing job played by who.
Speaker 6: Good damns, the left, the deep state.
Speaker 1: Obama is involved in this.
Speaker 5: Do you think Obama set up the assassination attempt.
Speaker 1: I think he surely knew about it.
Speaker 6: It's the government, for sure.
Speaker 5: It's government. Think you think they would go through all of this.
Speaker 4: I mean when they really wanted to take out Trump, whul they just poison the big mac.
Speaker 6: It's a dance to FBI, the UH Special Service.
Speaker 4: Does it surprise you to hear that it was a disgruntled white guy, Republican gun nut.
Speaker 6: No, because you know what, would never know why he was picked.
Speaker 5: It's kind of the perfect cover.
Speaker 6: Exactly. They could have gotten a disquntled black guy and I'm not I no problem, And they could have gotten a disquntled black female. But no, they picked the disguntled.
Speaker 4: Discruntled white guy who's into guns out of Trump rally.
Speaker 1: Oh you go where? Yes?
Speaker 4: I was like, oh my god, who who doesn't fit that profile?
Speaker 5: Exactly right?
Speaker 6: And just about the security and everything, this like something wasn't white there from it gets.
Speaker 4: Me, it's like this kid was able to get an AR fifteen that year. The hell yeah, it doesn't add up. And that adds up so cleanly. It feels too easy.
Speaker 6: Exactly, there's no paper. They can only go so far, and it's like a dead end.
Speaker 4: It's a situation where like you want to connect the two dots, but it's just much easier to go all the way around exactly exactly.
Speaker 6: Exactly this way.
Speaker 3: Kamala Harris held her first rally with her new vice presidential picked Tim Walls. Grace, Coole and Schmidt went down to check out the vibes.
Speaker 8: I'm here at Philadelphia, Kamala Harris's first joint rally with her newly minted VP pick, Tim Walls. Wow, this much excitement about the white guy. Think the last one dropped off the thicket. The party people are here to slay. Are these commalomaniacs ready to get Walls killed?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 8: How excited are you about Tim Walls? On a scale from Joe Biden is running for president to Joe Biden just dropped out?
Speaker 6: Completely excited, That's all I'll say.
Speaker 5: Mostly excited, like mostly really excited.
Speaker 8: So excited.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's awesome, We're pumped.
Speaker 7: You look really popped.
Speaker 8: The excitement is infectious. Even jd Vance's nemesis is here.
Speaker 6: I think we're all fill de fun. I don't know a whole lot about him, but I trust Kamala's instinct.
Speaker 8: These Democrats were still discovering their new candidate, so I wanted to bring them face to face with the man himself. All right, So curious, Tim, how do you feel looking at him for the first time? I like him.
Speaker 1: I like him.
Speaker 8: Oh shit, yeah, wait, my bad, Sorry, Tim Walls.
Speaker 5: I thought it looked like Kim Kaine.
Speaker 8: I got them confused. Sorry to execut every other white guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's a teacher.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 8: What is it that you love about Walls?
Speaker 5: Friendly dad, energy, friendly dad energy.
Speaker 8: That's very fun.
Speaker 6: He served this country in every way, so my capacities.
Speaker 8: But can he serve yes? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Who will make sure that he could serve? Right?
Speaker 8: So Tim has a lot of positives, but nobody wanted to name the albino elephant in the room that makes him such a political asset.
Speaker 1: He's well loved by his stake.
Speaker 7: And his name is two syllables, Tim Walls.
Speaker 1: And I think he'll he'll bring.
Speaker 3: The voters that she meets because we need somebody from the heartland.
Speaker 1: And he seems more relatable to average Joe.
Speaker 5: Veteran coach, teacher, gun owner, and.
Speaker 8: Nothing makes me more secure than a white guy with a gun.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 7: He knows about hunting, farming, He knows those people.
Speaker 1: Those are his people.
Speaker 8: Those people, I know what you're talking about, Oh the Midwest?
Speaker 5: Are we allowed to say those people?
Speaker 8: After talking in circles for hours, somebody was finally ready to come out and say it.
Speaker 7: I mean she definitely did it.
Speaker 8: I hit it all one someone.
Speaker 6: Why.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's kind of like hello, like they run the world a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 8: It's good to have a white guy back, isn't it.
Speaker 5: I mean, diversity is wonderful.
Speaker 6: We can make an exception in a way special white males.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're right. How crazy is it that there hasn't been a special white male on the Democratic ticket for the last sixteen days, one hour, and fourteen minutes. So it wasn't hard for you to these past three weeks. You weren't kind of like, where am I going to have some representation around here?
Speaker 4: I feel represented right now.
Speaker 6: So that's what's up.
Speaker 8: Shout out ten giving white guys a whole new way to look at the world and understand that they haven't placed there. They can belong by having a black Asian woman as Democratic candidate.
Speaker 4: So I think it was necessary that we had a white man in a way.
Speaker 8: Was he kind of like a DEI hire.
Speaker 7: Oh absolutely.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 8: So we know Tim Walds is white, but is he white enough to win all nineteen electoral votes from Pennsylvania? Have you guy seen him play.
Speaker 5: A Hackey sack?
Speaker 8: Have you seen him out of Dave Matthews Man concert? Have you seen him meet yogurt? Have you seen him say I love yogurt, I love eating yogurt, and I'm a white guy. Have you seen him say that? Is he white enough?
Speaker 1: Who's close to Lily White? I think so?
Speaker 5: Do you think so?
Speaker 1: When it comes to white he's right.
Speaker 5: Gotcha, gotcha?
Speaker 6: Gotcha?
Speaker 8: Okay? Cool, Okay, So let's see some real American style diversity in action in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: We respect our neighbors and their personal choices that they make.
Speaker 5: There's a golden rule.
Speaker 1: Mind your own damn business.
Speaker 8: He's definitely white. It's clear that this ticket is already reaching across the aisle.
Speaker 7: Their platform speaks for us way more than the Republican platform.
Speaker 8: This might be a crazy question, but have you thought about just being Democrats?
Speaker 6: So I want more of everyone in American real life that not all Republicans are weird.
Speaker 7: I think that's really beautiful.
Speaker 8: Yes, changes in the air Republicans are getting less weird, and democrats are getting less normal, and some things are more of the same than ever. Let's lug in the camera together right now and say it, Hey, white guys, future's happening.
Speaker 7: Baby.
Speaker 8: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 5: Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven.
Speaker 8: Ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount
Speaker 1: Plus Paramount Podcasts.