Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to it. It's Monday, and we've got a brand new episode for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're glad to treat you that way and today. You know, typically we do comments from Alexis because she gathers them all from our podcast page, but we also have a textboard. Yeah, dude, you can reach us in so many ways. You can text into the show seven eight, five nine two. Now there's one caveat on this. We can read international text, but we can't respond. Yeah. I always type out the whole message that I click said it if I can't, so we.
Speaker 1: Do read them. If you don't get a response to us, we apologize.
Speaker 2: But we have one today about our second date and Jose what does it say?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it says thank you, Brooke, I didn't need strawberry blowout in my Monday imagery.
Speaker 1: About what fun you have ahead? Oh yeah, let's get your new episode started right now, Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second date updates.
Speaker 3: We've talked before about how farmers' markets can be fun dates because you get to walk around, browse the produce, maybe show your sensual side and gently squeeze and heirloom tomato.
Speaker 4: Ah, don't squeeze too hard job?
Speaker 3: Why was that sexual? Clicking your cards?
Speaker 5: Red?
Speaker 3: That could be you wait, but I don't want to be How do you level that up even farther? Why not take your date to an entire food themed festival? Yeah, just saying like, just saying that sounds like it could be a guaranteed lock for another hangout because you guys won't fight about where you want to eat. But for some reason that isn't happening for our listener, Clark, so he's requested some help today. Clark, Welcome to the show Man.
Speaker 5: Hey, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to hear about this food experience. Is it like food trucks?
Speaker 1: What are we working with here?
Speaker 5: Oh? We went to the Strawberry Festival.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, I don't just set it up wrong again, like a Boysonberry festival or something like that.
Speaker 2: It is like jumpy houses and one grandma selling some stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe his was a different experience.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry for all the hate that you got immediately on your date idea there Italy Okay, yeah, not high budget enough for this group.
Speaker 5: But I feel like I've maybe learned the issue already.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just it's not hot. I'll say that it's cute.
Speaker 3: You can't say that when you don't know anything about what happened on the date. I don't think that's a fair thing. What about the name of the woman that you went with? I went with easy Brook doesn't like that either.
Speaker 1: He sounds fun. I assume you guys met on a dating app.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we met on the apps, and I mean, her picture struck me as somebody is really kind and I'm going, of course, beautiful, but I don't know. I just you know, got the jive from her and I thought, hey, I'm gonna message her.
Speaker 3: Okay, so clearly it's photoshopped, but yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: You can't photoshop kindness, Jeff, Okay, that's a different type of trade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm pretty sure I stigured it out. Okay, So let's get to what you guys did on your date at the Strawberry Fest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we wanted to go to have the world famous strawberry shortcake.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 5: And here's the thing, Like the line was huge, but it wasn't so bad because you know, it was a nice day. We could talk and start to get to know each other, and then the day just starts to get weird because we get to the front of the line and the girl says, I'm sorry, we ran out of strawberries.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, what at the strawberry.
Speaker 5: Strawberries at a strawberry festival.
Speaker 3: Well, they're so popular, the shortcakes are so such high demand.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously everyone in the world knows about.
Speaker 3: Him globally well known. What'd you do?
Speaker 5: But so it turns out she's like, look, I just need like a half hour to prepare some more. So we killed some time. We come back to the front of the line again and she's like, hey, I'm all set, but it's okay if yours doesn't have whipped cream because I ran out of that day.
Speaker 3: I'll be sympathetic.
Speaker 1: I'm sure this poor worker is like having.
Speaker 2: The business er store and buy someone the only one there is, like it's a massive attraction at this stupid festival, or it happened.
Speaker 3: In someone's backyard and it was like their little personal guardene.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. The thing I hate most in the world is waiting in line. So where are your guys?
Speaker 2: Is like patience level right now because you're hungry, angry.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, so here's the thing I knew if he was hungry. I didn't want to make a scene in front of her. But I'm like, dude, this was the whole reason you come here. So I asked for a discount. I'm like, if I'm not getting the full dessert, then give me a discount, give me a reduced price.
Speaker 3: It's like, what's wrong with that, brooke?
Speaker 1: Well, it's like if you're with somebody, you know, I get it.
Speaker 2: But also now we're arguing with the worker because you're also upset, Clark.
Speaker 3: Did you argue with the strawberry lady? Oh?
Speaker 5: No, no, But I was like, hey, you know we've had to come back twice. This isn't the product you're selling. Can you give us a reduced price?
Speaker 1: And okay, did you get what you wanted? Because that may be a victory.
Speaker 5: No. In the end, I just kind of gave up and I was like, all right, whatever. So we go to a picnic table, We eat our dessert. We start talking more than about our favorite desserts.
Speaker 1: Which it is probably not the one sitting in front of you.
Speaker 3: The dry strawberry pound cake.
Speaker 5: I'll wait for it. Hers is BlackBerry cobbler. Of course, mine is strawberry shortcake with freaking whip cream.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, okay, so the frustration might be starting to show, even if you're trying to hide it totally.
Speaker 2: It's like, you guys have covered this eight times in the line while you're waiting there as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I mean, look, I'm making a bigger deal out of it than it really was. Like I was frustrated, but I knew I was on a date, so you know, I kept my cool.
Speaker 3: Okay, well after the nuclear strawberry blowout? How did the date end?
Speaker 1: Glad we're not over dramatizing either.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, I mean we walk around some more, saw some live music. There was a jam judging contest. You know that was kind of fun jamboree if you will.
Speaker 3: Oh, they should have you on the PR team for the Strawberry and I would have been jamming. Okay, okaye, what was that?
Speaker 5: Mark?
Speaker 1: I mean, they're doing puns, jam puns right now? What were you saying?
Speaker 5: Yeah? So eventually she's like, hey, I'm having a good time that I should probably start heading home, And I said, oh, you know, we haven't seen the cutest straw baby contest yet. People dressed their kids up.
Speaker 3: Oh that's amazing.
Speaker 5: But look, I walked her to her car. We had a hug. It was nice. I haven't heard back from her since.
Speaker 3: Okay, how long has it been since you last had contact with Izzy?
Speaker 5: Oh it's been like a couple of weeks. That's a long time.
Speaker 1: What do you think what's going on?
Speaker 5: I mean between the strawberry blowout and her being like, okay, I should probably go home now, Like I actually, I'm not really sure what happened.
Speaker 3: His frustration may have come out a little bit too much, like I'm about to have a strawberry blowout. Let's go blow up. Okay, we'll blow up her phone when we come back and try and get you your second date update right after this hold.
Speaker 2: On Man Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 3: Imagine a karaoke night with no microphone, a roller coaster with no drops.
Speaker 1: Oh I see.
Speaker 3: It's amazing how taking away one little thing can completely ruin the entire concept of a fun activity. And that's what happened to our listener Clark on his first date at the Strawberry Festival, when he was served a strawberry shortcake with no whipped cream.
Speaker 1: After waiting, wait, after waiting, how long in line Clark?
Speaker 5: Oh, man, I don't even know. It was way beyond a half hour forty five minutes. Maybe because we had to wait in line twice.
Speaker 3: Yes, first when they ran out of strawberries, then when they had no whipped cream. So he tried not to make a big deal out of it, other than haggling over the price, but that didn't work. Yeah, so now he's not getting a call back, which begs the question. Was Clark's big public strawberry blowout too big of a turn off for Easy?
Speaker 2: I will say, when I'm anticipating something so much and I wait for it for so long, and then I get it and I'm disappointed, I can't let it go, like stop complaining.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we get it.
Speaker 3: Well, I know Clark has been anticipating this phone call we're about to make for quite a while.
Speaker 1: So that's gonna be a disappointment too.
Speaker 3: Well, let's not jump there. We'll see what the real issue is. Hopefully she picks up the phone. I'm a dollar number right now here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking to speak with Easy.
Speaker 7: This is Hey?
Speaker 6: Is he?
Speaker 3: This is a radio show we're on in the mornings called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. He is he we did there with the name. What if we were Brook and Jeffrey at night but we're on in the morning, that'd be confusing, crazy, Okay.
Speaker 1: I know, not a very funny show.
Speaker 3: Not yet it happens, Yeah, Brook, save us, go for it.
Speaker 1: Just tell her we're calling please.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, we're calling because this is a segment we do. It's called second Date Update and oh lord, yeah, I know it wasn't my first choice for a career, but here I am. So the reason that we're calling you is because apparently you met up with a guy named Clark two weeks ago.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, Okay, what am I supposed to say?
Speaker 2: Well, is it just you're not calling him back because you're so busy and you meant to and you can't wait to see him again.
Speaker 3: We just we just want to know what it was like, because he did tell us about the date a little bit, and men to a few fun things that you did together, also a few frustrating things that may have happened, at least for him.
Speaker 7: Okay, like the strawberry shortcake place that ran out of basically the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Exactly, how was standing in line for you.
Speaker 7: I mean, the whole thing was ridiculous. You know, it was just like it was a strawberry festival. How do you mess that up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we understood that. But one of the things that he mentioned that I thought was kind of interesting is he said he attempted to haggle with the lady over the price of the shortcake with no whip cream. And we weren't sure if that experience may have been a turn off for you or how you felt about that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean he should have, like I agreed, like he should have. That was ridiculous. They should be giving it discount. There's no whipped cream, like what okay?
Speaker 3: And the fact that the girls selling it was six years old, that didn't make a difference.
Speaker 2: I mean, what a bummer for him though, right, Like he wants to take you here or he wants to show you something cool, have this experience, and the whole thing is just deflated by their lack of preparation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, whatever, it didn't ruin the whole day. You know, it's being fine eating.
Speaker 3: So I guess we're kind of in the dark here about why exactly you're not reaching out to him.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm just kind of pretty sure he's dealing with like a situationship or something like you're another girl that he might be dating, or like maybe some fact situation.
Speaker 3: Why would you say that?
Speaker 1: Did you think one of the babies at the straw Baby festival.
Speaker 3: That's why he wanted to see No.
Speaker 7: No, it was there was text messages that kept coming up on his phone like the entire day, and it was like some girl named Ginger. Like one time he was grabbing napkins and I could see the message like clearly wrote Ginger needs you, and then like he looked at it, he rolled his eyes, and I don't know. I was just kind of even like, I know it's not his sister, because he had mentioned that he was an only child, right, So I'm just I don't know. I'm not looking to get involved in drama, especially if there's like another woman involved.
Speaker 3: Okay, the drama was too much for you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that's just a simple question to him talking a first date.
Speaker 3: He cares, it's not overly sexual. It's a simple question that we could ask him right now. Actually, because you don't know this, but Clark's been on the other line listening to this call waiting to talk to you. Oh fun, I believe that, Clark.
Speaker 5: Are you there? Yeah? I mean, come on, this is crazy, so literally, that's the reason you're not calling back.
Speaker 4: Maybe start with the high Clark, don't He didn't say she's great, he said this is crazyated, Well.
Speaker 5: I mean, why didn't you just ask me?
Speaker 7: I just don't want to get involved, honestly, get involved.
Speaker 5: With who like my roomba?
Speaker 1: What is that a joke?
Speaker 5: So Ginger is the name I gave my roomba?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 7: I so honestly believe.
Speaker 3: That, Clark explain.
Speaker 5: So, look, when you buy a new roomba, you name it and it can text you updates on what it's doing.
Speaker 1: I mean, we named ours Alice cars.
Speaker 7: That's not believable. And it's like, honestly, if you're really sticking with that story, like, I don't know, maybe I should talk to her in your number?
Speaker 3: What you want Ginger's number?
Speaker 5: Ye o, fine, I mean it's not how it works. You actually have to be in the same room and sync with her.
Speaker 7: Oh I see, so you're trying to get me back to your place so that I can sing when you're vas.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Next thing, you know, my talk comes off.
Speaker 1: What is happening is are.
Speaker 7: All like you'll want one thing, We'll make up anything to get a girl, like a roomba. Like this is on another level.
Speaker 5: Okay, why do.
Speaker 3: I see like a guy has asked you to sink with his appliances before.
Speaker 1: You need to take a deep breath.
Speaker 2: I think that he might be telling the truth and you might have a clean house.
Speaker 7: Yes, okay, so while we're on a first date looking at your phone, you're chatting in your vacuum and that was like more.
Speaker 5: What happened was is she got stuck and needed my help. Basically, she needed help.
Speaker 7: Kids your priorities, right, So like if I'm believing your story that like your vacuum cleaner was texting you, it's like, okay, your vacuum cleaner at first, then the whip cream a second, and then me bird in terms of priority.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, wow, I don't know how we got to this point.
Speaker 5: I mean when you put it like that, I guess that seems like it was true. But look, we were just hanging out. We're not in a relationship or anything.
Speaker 7: I don't think your room is kicking priority over me.
Speaker 1: So now, now you first he was lying and it was a woman.
Speaker 2: He was trying to get you to take your top off, and now you're still mad even when you believe it's a vacuum.
Speaker 7: Either way, it doesn't work for me right, Like if it's a rumba, then like, why is he spending all of the time on the date like talking to this roomba.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just feels like maybe you're finding a reason to be mad about the situation.
Speaker 3: No matter what, unless he was flirtatiously talking to you get the rumba to take its top of Clark, I don't think you meant to say that your vacuum cleaner was the top priority that night, like more important connecting with Izzy.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, my vacuum cleaner was stuck in my living room. She was alerting me. I'm not.
Speaker 7: I wish that Ginger was like a true real woman because it's less pathetic than a man dealing with his vacuum cleaner.
Speaker 1: I think it's jealous she doesn't have a room bus.
Speaker 2: That was a low bloody You are the master of spin on this one.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think I think at this point I need to ask Clark, would you like to go out with Izzy or your vacuum cleaner, Ginger either one we would pay for that date.
Speaker 5: I mean, honestly, this thing has fallen so far off the rails. I think I'm good. I almost regret calling.
Speaker 1: You have some closure.
Speaker 3: You're turning down Isy and Ginger at the same time, you don't want to date either of them.
Speaker 5: Correct, Yeah, I think we're good here.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I think this brings up a good point. We should all name our vacuums only male names.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like Gus would not have gotten you in trouble exactly.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, why am I still on the phone.
Speaker 1: No, maybe you're stuck in a corner too in his living room?
Speaker 6: Is he?
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 3: I agree with you. You're good to go. You can hang up if you want to.
Speaker 5: Buy.
Speaker 3: She doesn't like you, Clark, I'm sorry that went the way it went.
Speaker 5: Thank Yeah, I was not expecting that.
Speaker 3: None of us were. But it's a good lesson there that whenever you go out with somebody, you need to mute Ginger so that she can't reach you, or.
Speaker 1: Just don't run her while you're on a date.
Speaker 5: Oh so now you want me to be controlling? Okay, I see how over your appliances.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe E're more.
Speaker 1: Like Izzy than we thought.
Speaker 3: Okay, my dishwasher text me, I need to get that. What is in the water right now?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning text to seventy five nine to two says, did jeff really just ask a guy if you wanted a date with his vacuum cleaner?
Speaker 1: That's where we're at the show? Huh.
Speaker 3: It looks to be fair. It seems like Ginger's been through a lot. She's probably the hardest worker out of the three of them, and she deserves a night out at Applebee's. Maybe she could suck down some riblets.
Speaker 1: Dude, I wouldn't though.
Speaker 2: I think those vacuum cleaners are way too high may and also really needy.
Speaker 1: They're very attention needy.
Speaker 2: They can't just do the job without literally every five minutes having to be to whether or not they were doing a good job.
Speaker 1: They drive me nuts.
Speaker 3: I don't have one. So does it tell you like when it's starting, when it finishes the job, when it's messed up?
Speaker 1: Mostly I'm stuck. I'm stuck, Yeah, like stuck in a corner, stuck.
Speaker 2: On a rug, stuck under the couch, this is the only thing you have to do.
Speaker 1: How can I not program you for corners? Every house has that.
Speaker 3: Fair Back to the dating thing, Is it too much to ask that you prioritize your date over your smart vacuum on the first night that you meet?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean, was that really her problem?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 1: She came up with a problem every time we tried to solve it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, Yeah, that may not have even been the real issue. She was ready to get off the phone as quickly as possible. Hopefully that's not the case with you. If you ever need our help, just email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back, or that vacuum that too,