Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 3: This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wing Stuff where Flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon gross Fry.
Speaker 4: Yay day, Welcome to the show or each and every day we're brought to you by Wing Stop or Flavor gets it Wing We live and Toastinos Championship Plaza outside Ford Center at the Star of Frisco where apparently some kids don't have to go to school today. It must be nice at seventy six degrees, feels like seventy six. The hogh today is seventy eight.
Speaker 5: The load of night is gonna get down to fifty degrees. It's fair weather, spooky weather, spooky season.
Speaker 6: And you Shannon, that's Kurt, I'm Jesse, Nate is on the road right now in Colorado. Together we still Chris Beam in the back. We still make hanging with the boys, the sports talking quill and the brill people.
Speaker 7: When we speak.
Speaker 4: Yes and we got our our mashup lineups. And oh, I have a correction, I said on the air, got I screwed up yesterday. I got some bad information, I got some incomplete information. Let me just say it that way. Today we'd like to miss mister Jones a very happy birthday, yespy birthday, bosson.
Speaker 7: Happy birthday, Happy birthday.
Speaker 4: And I said it was brother Will's birthday. It is actually Will mcclay's.
Speaker 7: Another brother, another brother, another brother Will.
Speaker 5: So happy birthday, Will McLay.
Speaker 4: I think every there's not a lot of things that cowboy fas agree on. But I think I haven't met a cowboy fan yet that does not sing praises about the job that Will McClay does around here.
Speaker 7: Except for this trap class. No, I'm playing, I'm playing.
Speaker 5: Let's give it a year's give it a year.
Speaker 8: Out, first quarter's let it play out.
Speaker 4: But Will, No, Will is and a great human being, more.
Speaker 6: Than any person, more than anything, more than any like this is still a dude who doesn't have to stop and take a phone call or take a text back or from any of us. I don't know if you got sexy or not, but like for him willing to do that, like's just a better person.
Speaker 4: Yep, Yep, we'll talk to anybody.
Speaker 7: Yeah, is a clock ticking though?
Speaker 4: On him getting out of it, on him getting a GM job somewhere else, Is that what you're.
Speaker 7: Chris says, no, they're paying g I think. Kurt says no, he got a good gig here. You say no.
Speaker 4: I think it depends. So it's kind of like the dan Quinn discussion, like what do you want out of life at this point in your life?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: Do you do you want that? Because if he wants it, there's plenty of opportunity out there, there's people probably chomping at the bit. Or is he good with the situation here? His family's here? You know what, what do you want out of this?
Speaker 8: To deal with the You know, Jerry takes the blows.
Speaker 7: Right and wrong.
Speaker 4: So he's kind of the kind of the backup quarterback. He doesn't get, but he doesn't really get in the light shine on him.
Speaker 9: Let me ask you this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so say we could probably get him on the show and ask him probably.
Speaker 9: Textam and see coming on the show. Whoever else is not do that.
Speaker 10: So if he goes, just say give me a team, give me a team that needs a GM anybody.
Speaker 9: I guess I don't know.
Speaker 7: Let's let's say it Denver, Denver.
Speaker 10: He goes to Denver and he turns that program around. Okay, if he turns this program around, he's legendary, I believe you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: If he gets this Cowboys, the Cowboys, Yes, if he gets.
Speaker 10: Them into a Super Bowl contender, that's that's legendary. You know Denver, It's like, okay, but the Cowboys would be like.
Speaker 5: But he's is he going to get any of the credit here though?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 12: He gets credit now, you know in the community.
Speaker 4: He does for sure. Yeah, he gets credit in the NFL community. Yeah, you're right, you're right, like other people know what he does here, Like you're you're average fan. That's not hardcore. They think it's you know, all Stephen, all Jerry. They don't realize it's a kind of a collaboration.
Speaker 8: So yeah, he doesn't seem to one. He seems okay with that situation, Like Jerry got the Executive of the Year award or whatever it wasn't it wasn't Will And maybe he's okay with that situation.
Speaker 6: I guess I'll just ask the question, what do you think. I think eventually all good things come to an end. I just do I just I just think. Eventually he goes, you know what.
Speaker 4: It was cool.
Speaker 7: It was cool.
Speaker 6: I did it, and go see what else is out there. Let me see if I can go and do it again. Yeah right, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't I don't know, like I just I just pose a question.
Speaker 4: But and the other thing is too, like when you think about football, everybody that is involved in football, doesn't matter what level you're at. If you work for a professional sports team, you're a competitive You don't work in this environment unless you like to compete correct and at some point you like to test yourself.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Can I go do this completely on my own, start from scratch, build my own thing, go do like that's probably you're right. That's he's a competitor. Hell, he was a coach in the Arena League. Like he competes. I mean, so you're right, there's probably an.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying that it's going to happen. I'm just saying at some point in time, maybe he sits up there and he goes, you know what, because we've asked ourselves. Sometimes you see it across the league, you'd be like, man, that dude just walked away, or that dude just stopped, or he just went on to another company, because sometimes you just like, you know what, new challenge, new challenge, new thing, you want to kind of spice up your life.
Speaker 7: Right, I don't know, but I hope he stays here forever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love Will. Whill was a great human good There's a lot of there's a lot of good people in this organization, a lot of really good people.
Speaker 6: Because then I'll end up like Kurt, Like you know, Jesse, They're like, nah, you start losing, you start losing folks, especially important people like if you if you can't get if you can't get out of before.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like you know, Jesse, No, I don't never heard of.
Speaker 4: Them all your sources. Shoot, so we got the uh the podcast schedule for next week. We are mixing it up. Are we allowed to talk about this ship?
Speaker 7: Chris?
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, all right, So we're mixing up mixed shots.
Speaker 4: Weave no shows on Monday because it's game Day. Tuesday, we'll have our normal show here at Hanging with the Boys, Nate, Jesse, Kurt and myself.
Speaker 7: The Hanging with the Boys sports talk equivalent, real people.
Speaker 4: Wednesday, we will have a mixed lineup, and I'll give you those mixed lineups here in a second no podcast. On Thursday or Friday, Monday, we'll have a mixed lineup, and then Tuesday, that'd be Monday the twenty third, and then Tuesday the twenty fourth, we will resume our normal lineups. So here on hanging with the Boys. Our lineup. This will be interesting. Our lineup will be myself hosting is it Aisha, Ayisha, ay Yisha, okay Issha, Aisha, Patrick, No, c Walker and Hekma will be on our.
Speaker 6: Show Heavy the Heavy Cowboy Homers. Right there is the heavy Calboy Homer show. Ayisha, Heck and Pat.
Speaker 5: I don't know Ayisha very well.
Speaker 4: In fact, I don't know at all. I've never met her. I'm gonna have to you know what, if there's anybody in any of this lineup that can out talk to you, it's gonna be Patrick.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That that's a that's a very So I'll feel right at home. I feel like we can get rolling too, so we'll see. That'd be interesting show.
Speaker 6: Just just do what you do here, yeah, yeah, just introduce you and get out cruise.
Speaker 4: Put it on Cruise Players Lounge, which is after Us from two to two forty five every day, will be hosted by Newie Scruggs as normal, Jesse Holly ever some Walls and Jess navarrees and.
Speaker 6: We're probably we'll have the mildest show of the week behind your figure because we just I always have to remember my audience, and anytime there's a lady present in our audience, we have to always kind of I gotta always kind.
Speaker 7: Of go a little bit always read.
Speaker 9: We'll have to Jesse Holly podcast.
Speaker 4: Were talking about it, He'll love it great. Just get out of the way unfiltered to storyline, this one's going to be interesting.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 4: Nick Eatman's new show that is on at ten to ten forty five College will be Nick and Nate. Nate's been trying to get on that show ever since Nick started it, and Nick has been heisman and him like, no, I don't want to buy it.
Speaker 11: You're going.
Speaker 4: And then Talking Cowboys, which is nine to nine forty five every morning, will be hosted by Kyle Yeoman's as usual, Barry Church Brian brought us and the always chatty Katy Kurt Daniels.
Speaker 7: Role brought us in church. Yeah, I'll make it. I'll make get to work.
Speaker 13: Give it.
Speaker 7: So there you go, beat the host.
Speaker 4: There you go, some fun lineup shaking around.
Speaker 7: Is Derek not working next weekend? I didn't hear him name on any of this. I was just doing the break, the break.
Speaker 4: I was just doing the shows that we're that we're going to be a part. We're got to be a part of.
Speaker 14: Go.
Speaker 4: I can give you the other ones real quickly. No, we're good, good okay, yeah, all right, Well yeah Nate, So Nate uh got the opportunity. I guess to go. I guess the uh prime the superstar list Wash calm down, calmed down a little bit, and they had some extra spots. So I guess Nate. Uh, Nate got to go. So he's gonna call in here at.
Speaker 7: The second second.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one ish, Is that right, Chris?
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're gonna do the last segment so he can make his pick.
Speaker 4: Yes, so he can make his pick.
Speaker 9: So Cowboys by three?
Speaker 7: So well yeah, we really need to call out.
Speaker 4: Fifteen minutes for that. So and we'll take some phone calls. Anybody called in yet, Chris?
Speaker 15: Not yet?
Speaker 4: Eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. What's the injury report look like if we got to get it.
Speaker 7: Yesterday, I had to print two papers.
Speaker 5: There was a lot of uh god, injury related resting.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they had a.
Speaker 8: Lot of guys resting. Let me where is it? Okay, you want the full list or what do you want here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, run through it.
Speaker 8: Marquise Bell shoulder full participant. Don't don't, don't do anybody that, Okay, lemoned de mont Clark's shoulder. That's what you want to hear from here now, starting line by right.
Speaker 5: Uh, don't need your shoulder to tackle?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yes, if you want to tackle.
Speaker 8: Neville Gallimore limited knee, Stefan Gilmour he got a rest day. Goodwin Peck did not play. Jonathan Hankins he got a rest day. Cooker he was hooker. Sorry, DeMarcus Lawrence rests like Martin rest, Tony Pollard shoulder limited, Tyron Smith or ty Yeah, Tyron Smith got a rest day. Juan Ye Thomas hamstring did not practice turping with his ankles out. Vander sh He's out. That's it. I guess some other guys are on there, but they were still full participants.
Speaker 6: That that leads to that stat you were talking about the other day his teams that play the Niners lose the next game. They like it's like one to fifteen. But it ended up being like if you date back to like even like last year, like literally like look into it, it's like twenty three of twenty four games.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's crazy, like teams have lost.
Speaker 6: Like the only team that's won like maybe like the last two seasons been Pittsburgh. After you played she was one in fifteen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was it's even like I heard it was like bigger.
Speaker 12: Than that goes back further.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so it's it's lining up to look like that. It's like the mass unit.
Speaker 4: And that's what you want this team to be, like you you want them to feel when they you know, when somebody plays them. You want them you want them to beat folks up, you know. And it's so that that brings us to this question. CD said after the game. He spoke, he was pissed. He spoke as little as possible. There was kind of a common theme of everyone that spoke in the media except Michael. Except Michael. He said that he doesn't know what the identity of this team is, and I'm with him. I don't see an identity. I thought maybe you had an identity the first three games. It was going to be a takeaway defense. Defense was going to control the Your offense was gonna do just enough to to get you some wins. They could put up points when they needed to. That's, you know, that's what I thought. And then then then you get the speed bump of Arizona, and then you get the train wreck of saying fran and then you're definitely not a vertical team right now. Could you be? Maybe, but you're not. You're not really a running team on offense defense. You're so banged up it's hard to tell what you are. Is that normal five weeks into a season? Is it usually take a little longer just to figure that out?
Speaker 6: Or you know, the identity I think a lot of what Mike McCarthy talked about it being right, we're gonna rely on our defense and the offense will be kind of the pacesetter and you know, doing what we have to do. It's it's when that doesn't work, what is your counter right? Because when it worked and those three wins, it's, you know what, I like this identity and we can go with this identity. This is we're we're winning these games far and away. It's when it doesn't work, when you have that glitch in the system, that glitch and the matrix in and you face a team, and you meet a team, and then the one thing that is really so difficult to equate, and I don't care who the analytics person is, what formula they have, is when you begin to lose players, when injury begins to present itself. Now, because no team, like no team comes into the season and go all right, Jamen, here's our plan.
Speaker 7: We're gonna do this, this, this, this, this, this and this.
Speaker 6: But if we lose this guy and lose that guy, he's hurting, he's banged up, then we're gonna do this.
Speaker 7: No one ever does that.
Speaker 6: Everyone goes in with the idea of here's what we're gonna do, full steam ahead, and will adjust along the way. The hope is and when you look at the end of the season, a lot of teams, the ones who are successful and win, yes, have skill, but a lot of them are able to win the war of attrition, They're able to win the injury battle. They don't limp into the playoffs. They don't have major key members of either side of the ball, especially the side of the ball where now your identity is supposed to be built injured or hurt. The Cowboys are starting to run into that thing where, all right, our identity, there's kind of been a crack in our foundation because now guys are starting to you lose Traymon Diggs and you Donovan Wilson was hurt coming into the season, and now Layton van dersh is heard, and guys are starting to just come up on the injury report banged up, banged up, banged up. And when you have to do these musical chairs where guys have to come out of what they was playing before into this place and now you have to change the what you call a game. That now presents another situation. So when you start looking at what our identity is, no coach on either.
Speaker 7: Side of the ball plans for injuries. You just don't. You don't how you just don't.
Speaker 6: You hope that you have a good enough roster of backup guys that if you lose someone that you're able to move into that spot, move them into that spot and continue on and somewhat the same path.
Speaker 7: But for this team, now it's.
Speaker 6: All right, if our identity is defense and we're gonna be physical and turn the ball over.
Speaker 7: When that doesn't happen, you have to have an answer.
Speaker 6: And the fact that the fact of the matter is they haven't had an answer for that, and the two losses when it was like, hey, the defense and this is what this is. This is how good teams balance each other out. When y'all aren't having a good day, we'll give you thirty, right. You and Nate talk about all the time. Nate would come in and say, Jimmy will come in there and say, hey, North, we need thirty. We got to score to day. Hey, hey, so and so, we need y'all to hold in the thirteen. If y'all can hold them thirteen, we'll do the rest. It's when you look to the other side and you go, hey, we need something, they go, hell, we need something too, And now y'all both looking there like who's on first.
Speaker 8: That that's kind of the scary thing. I think is that you're talking about the injury part of it, and I think I read Lamb's comments is like he was mainly talking about the offense. Well, you haven't been other than a banged up offensive line. Your starters have been in there and yet we're seeing problems with them getting that offense and going. And NATO has always talked about, you know, the first four games of the preseason with this new offense. Are we just it needs more time to find the rhythm and find how to work this offense? Or is this have we have we now eached a point where yeah, this there's something wrong and then we got a problem here as far as wrong, Yeah, I mean they're they're moving, they're moving the ball, their their time of possessions. You know, we're all been great, but their production is lacking. And I think that's got everybody kind of worried.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, in today's football, Like the style of what they're trying to operate right now is just not today's football. The six yards its air passing, the control offense, the you know, the running game at you know three point four four point you know, yards of carrying, it's just not it's just not an efficient way to do business in today's NFL. And that's where you see a lot of the stories. And I have an article that I haven't got a chance to kind of dig into, and it's talking about is this offense and antiquated offense? Is it is it an offense that is outdated? And you kind of have to look around and start asking yourself is it Because we're heading into the week six. Now, I get that you want to kind of, you know, get into the system of this thing. But I mean we're getting close to the point where you're starting to look around and go, well, how much more can you change?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: Like, how much more can you change? We're six weeks into the season, you know. I know, after a bye you kind of make adjustments, but even during the bye, you're not making wholesale changes.
Speaker 7: It's tweaking.
Speaker 6: So if we're talking talking about tweaking, what you tweak every single week, right, depending on the opponent. But we're talking about a wholesale change. Wholesale changes don't come in the in the middle of the year unless you're Jason Garrett. You know, let me stop. But unless you fire a coach and they have to bring in an entire new system in that's when the wholesale change happens. There is something that's philosophically, or stylistically or schematically incorrect with this offense. Right now, I'm not going to say broken. I don't I don't want to use that word just yet, I'm going to say that it's.
Speaker 4: It's missing, it's it's not clicking.
Speaker 7: It's on the IR, it's on the injury report, it the pup.
Speaker 6: It's with the rehabw This offense is with Britt Brown, Okay, it's with Brick. Crown's on the cords with Britt. Britt's over there on the course and he's gonna work this thing out. And you hope that when you get done with Britt, when you get when you get inserted back with the in general population, that you're you're fitting ready to go.
Speaker 7: You hope that that is the hope.
Speaker 6: But as you know, tick tick tick, tick, tick tick, you just don't have a lot of time sticking of time.
Speaker 4: We're way overdue for a break, So let's take our first break. We were having so much fun in this segment. I felt like this. I felt like this is the first time we've like all contributed to a segment.
Speaker 16: Me and Kurt I contributed in the beginning.
Speaker 5: Real good about the segment without Nate. I was worried, afraid we was gonna limp a little bit, but doing good. All right, let's take our first break when we come back.
Speaker 4: Uh more football stuff and personal stuff. Oh and Nate later in the show after the break, when we come back. If we go to break, are we even in break?
Speaker 2: The fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties, Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamoli made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 7: Grab some today.
Speaker 17: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour.
Speaker 12: The Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls.
Speaker 17: With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 18: See if Geek has your back. No matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a dog really care fan and we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The Sea Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here every week fan or haven't been here in years fan, Sea Geek has you covered? Download the Sea Geek after day Seed Geek, You're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys Seats.
Speaker 15: How's wing Stop sound crispy juicy, classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceted tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop range and of course spicy cajun fried corse. I think you've heard enough, Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 3: Back to Hang in with the Bull Welcome back to the second segment of the show.
Speaker 4: Each and every day is brought to you by blockchain dot Com. Thank you blockchain dot com. Chris, give me some sound in my years. There we go?
Speaker 5: Uh, breaking news?
Speaker 7: Did he did he do?
Speaker 14: Dee?
Speaker 4: The NFL has fined George Kittle thirteen thousand, six d and fifty nine dollars for use of abusive language on the T shirt he wore under his uniform against the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday night. Per J Fowler, ESPN.
Speaker 6: I gotta be honest, guys, I do kind of miss the day's where thirteen thousand dollars just didn't really matter that much, not a.
Speaker 4: Big deal because he probably say, well worth it, Okay, all the salary, all the pub, all the pub that he's gotten from this in the airtime, but just about this one deal, well worth thirteen.
Speaker 19: What is his salary, Chris, Well, he's just base for the season's only million, So he makes sixty eight thousand, only a million, relaxed sixty eight a game, so sexty eight thousand dollars a game. So but I mean his contract seventy five million, So let's be honest with yeah, And.
Speaker 4: I'm think I think he's doing okay in the marketing de enforsement deals.
Speaker 10: I think he so thirteen is probably like do you want cash?
Speaker 7: How do you want that? Straight cash home?
Speaker 4: You can just pull that out of my wiles.
Speaker 7: Straight cash.
Speaker 4: It's in my glovebox.
Speaker 6: If you're laughing and joking like some of these dudes like walk around with with ten twenty fifty k on them. Yeah, like a quick, quick story like I love so my ck. My locker mate at one point in time was Andre Garard. I might have told the story before him one time. And so when you're in the locker room, if you're not a tidy person, usually what happens is someone has a son or you know, a player has a son that's always around the locker room, you know always, or an equipment guy. You usually say, hey, if you clean up my locker, if you get my pleating order, all that kind of stuff, take the old ones out straight, I'll hit you off with a little bit. And the little boy does it, and you give him twenty bucks, fifty bucks, one hundred bucks, whatever. And so we're like nearing the end of the season, so cads are kind of starting to clear the locker out and clean stuff up, and so Dre is and so when you go in your locker. There's always a pile in the middle of the locker room that we donate cleats because most guys, the big dudes, will wear their cleats or their their shoes multiple games. The divas of the world, we don't. We get new cleats every game. We get new gloves every game. So three hours worth of cleats. Those are brand new cleats. You throw them in the middle. They donate them to a local school in the area. So Dre is cleaning out his locker and I'm right next to him, and he's like taking his shoes out, no, no, no, throwing them inte and he goes.
Speaker 16: Oh, snap, here's that envelope. He pulls out an envelope, a bank envelope. He had misplaced fifteen g's cash in a bank envelope.
Speaker 6: Now, granted, I said what he said, Man, I lost this like two months ago. And I said, you've never said He said, yeah, I did know. I thought I dropped it.
Speaker 4: I thought, I.
Speaker 6: Said, if I lost fifteen g's cash, I'm tearing the place up. It had felt like back in the old lockers, they had slits in the bottom of the lockers, and it had fell in there, and it felt and behind. It was cleats on top of it, so he kind of got wedged into the bottom part of his locker and I said, you were just okay.
Speaker 7: It's like, I mean fifteen thousand and one hundred dollar bills.
Speaker 4: He's like, that's a there's fifty bill.
Speaker 6: He's like, oh, there it is whatever, And I was just like, bro, you lost fifteen g's.
Speaker 7: You never asked me, did I see it? You never asked anyone.
Speaker 20: He's like, I just nobody's leaving this locker room till you get the cameras.
Speaker 6: I'm going down there to see the cameras because I'm I'm short.
Speaker 7: Fifteen g's.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 7: Never said a word at that time.
Speaker 6: Dre was probably during that pay salary time, was one of the highest paid centers right in the league.
Speaker 4: So he was just like, yeah, chump change whatever.
Speaker 7: I'm miss Stills days.
Speaker 4: There's a this isn't I mean, this is not really related, but just the mentality of athletes right in money there. You may have told me this story, Chris. Somebody was telling me when you get back late at night from road games, when it's cold, your car's iced up, and you know it takes forever to do. Now, everything's got a remote start. You can do it with Wi Fi and stuff like that. But this was probably ten, twelve, fifteen years ago, and I think the guy he was an equipment guy and he worked I think it was Green Bay or Denver somewhere was cold, so like most of the time when they were coming back, the cars were and the guys would give him like one hundred, two hundred bucks and they would all give him their keys, and he would go out to the airport at two or three in the morning and start thirty forty cars and make five six grand wow, because he would go warm their cars up and you know, thirty minutes before the play would land, turn the heater on the defrost and you know, and it was just like because.
Speaker 7: The last because the last day won after a dame.
Speaker 6: If you travel far and you got to sit, I gotta sit hit away for the you're in Green Bay, I gotta sit here really wait.
Speaker 7: For my car to warm up. I gotta iced to the wind.
Speaker 20: If you win, you're like, I gotta get to the club as soon as you know what I'm saying, I got to go, she says. The trailer parks is jumping. You know what I mean the double wise is jumping. I gotta get over there, and they got chicken frying for me.
Speaker 4: Oh, Chris, do we have a phone caller before we go to break again and bring Nate on? Yes, we do, laughing. Who do we have?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 9: We got? We got Rebecca?
Speaker 4: All right? What's up?
Speaker 7: Why do you look at me?
Speaker 6: Because you're looking at my face because you know if we said a something and be like, hi, hey Rebecca, Hi, I.
Speaker 11: Am so so that you guys took my phone call. I have listened to you guys since the way way very beginning. You are the best show of.
Speaker 4: All the Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: You can come on anytime.
Speaker 4: Get Chris to give you the hot last before you get off.
Speaker 11: Also, also, I'm a teacher, so I never can call in, and I have the day off, so I am calling in because I had the day off, and I know my dad's list day so hi dadda, so I know all about it. If I could have somebody that could come in and start my car in the middle when.
Speaker 4: That's awesome. Well, thank you for teaching youth. By the way, Yes, very important job and very underappreciated profession.
Speaker 7: I don't know what you make, but I know it's not enough exactly.
Speaker 11: Oh, thank you. And Jessie, I think I've heard that you subbed, so thank you. There's not enough subs out there. So if you're listening and you're a substitute out there, bless you.
Speaker 15: Thank you.
Speaker 11: But anyways, I wanted to say that before the season started. I honestly, this is kind of what I thought we were going to be. And I hate to be a hater, but I really kind of thought we were you it's going to be about five hundred. And I feel like Nate said that. I know he's been saying that Chimber is kind of like preseason and it's not really until about now you know who you are and trying to feel like this is who we are. And Jesse you were kind of kind of talking about identities and I think you kind of just is kind of come full circle with what you were saying, and I think this is who we are. I don't think we're going to win this Monday. I'm sorry, I hope I'm wrong that. I don't think we're going to and going into the buy if we don't make changes. I mean, I think that's just kind of set in the tone for just another rinstant repeat. And I really, and I think a lot of people really had high hopes for this season. And it was super Bowl or bust. I'm sorry, it wasn't Championship or bust.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 5: Yes, it was super Bowl.
Speaker 11: Or buts and I just don't see it. I don't see it. And that means something has to happen. That has That means that something has to change. And I just want to hear what your thoughts are. Thanks again, love the show. Uh keep it going to I said, Hi, we.
Speaker 4: Will Rebecca bringing all the heat.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 4: Well, all right, so there's a lot of things to touch on here. One, this is what she expected coming in you as a Cowboy fan. If you are a realist and you're not drinking the kool aid like Computer and all those folks and Nate, if you were programmed as a Cowboy fan to be five hundred, that's what you're if you If.
Speaker 8: You think so, Kurt, I thought most people thought this would be a ten win team or whatever.
Speaker 4: But I think you're programmed to you're for the letdown. Like you you think, yeah, okay, on paper, rate this this and this is our year. But you in the back of your mind. It's kind of like, but I'm ready for the.
Speaker 7: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 6: Like Rebecca said, some fantastic that was one of the great, the great calls we had.
Speaker 7: I don't agree with how the coming into this.
Speaker 16: I had high hopes we know you did, which I was very surprised I had.
Speaker 6: I was like, man, this this but again Washington training camp and I saw.
Speaker 7: What you guys saw. I was like, this thing looks explosive.
Speaker 6: This defense looked like it's like it's Harozon fire, Like hold on, well I think this, you know.
Speaker 7: And then it was like hold on, this is like.
Speaker 4: Arizona hold.
Speaker 7: And then it was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: So I heard an interesting question post this morning, like I'm still not giving up. Is this game going to be the true measure of the Cowboys because they were clearly better than the New York teams?
Speaker 7: No, No, true measure was last week like that. See but their argument.
Speaker 8: Was forty nine Ers are just a step above and so you've beaten these teams you're clearly better than. You've lost to a team that you're clearly worse than. Is this a Chargers game? Paper you kind of are you truly gonna be in that upper.
Speaker 6: Because like, when I look at the Chargers, I think they are a team in flux.
Speaker 7: Right. They're two and two. They had some bad wins.
Speaker 6: I mean, Matt lost is some good like, so they're not quite a team that you can that they're not doing things consistently enough to be like, Okay, that's a good barometer to where we're at kind of like us, Yeah, I know, so, man, if you there's that stretch we talked about, that four or five game stretch we talked about, like, I think that might be the barometer. I don't know, that might be the kind of the really that might just be the tell tale signs of fans just off the way, Like that four or five games stretch where you're playing some some quality football teams, like that might ultimately be the thing that truly either sells me on this is a really special team or the thing that I really go, you got you gotta you need a roommate from Mexico because I'm on the way.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying, Ye.
Speaker 4: Got an extra spot, Jesse. Let's take one more break. Let's take a quick call, and then we'll go to break and then we'll bring Nate on.
Speaker 9: Who we got Chris, We've got Tyrone and DC Tyrone.
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 14: What was going on? Guys?
Speaker 15: What up?
Speaker 4: Coach?
Speaker 7: This coach?
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 14: Yeah, this coach?
Speaker 7: What's up? Coach?
Speaker 14: Not much man, he little Jesse once again. Man, the words of wisdom, Uh, they really really helped. Right now, since you spoke to my girls with three and oh let's go, we got a game tonight. We got a game tonight as well.
Speaker 7: Man, I can't give you too free weeks. I can't give you. I can't give you too free speeches.
Speaker 9: Coach.
Speaker 6: I'm like Jerry. I'm like Jerry. I'm gonna sell you to hope him. On the first one, he gotta get on. The next one you gotta pay, you gotta get on.
Speaker 14: They just don't worry about it because I'm taking awards and reward.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, okay, okay, I got you, I got you. I gave you something. I gave you some goodies earlier the week.
Speaker 7: That's good. That's good.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm gonna have you. Had to send me your I got you. No real quick question though, with the string of injuries and whatnot that we've had over the past couple of weeks. Do you think playing not playing in the preseason has something to do with where we are right now because they are they haven't been. Uh, they didn't go through it in August, so now we're going over in October now, and you know, it's starting to really really add up and I sit back and listen. Man, thanks guy.
Speaker 6: I think injury wise, it's all depending on what type of injuries. Because when you talk about the soft tissue injuries that comes when your body isn't quite I always talking about getting the callous on your body that you get through training camp and get the lit preseason games. But something like you know, Trayvon Diggs, that's a practice, they're out in practice. It's an unfortunate situation, right Leyton Vanderesh. Unfortunate situation. He gets blocked into Michael Parsons and he kind of jams his neck into into hisself. Unfortunate situation. Now, if you're talking about things like hammy's or groins and things like that, that can sometimes be equated to getting your body into the proper shape to go out there and play football. But there's certain injuries that you know, you go and say, you know, my shoulders hurting from I'm a linebacker. That's not because you know, and Demon Clark's been in training camp and been in some of the preseason games. Uh So some things are you can kind of equate to training camp. But some of other things you gotta just I told you, God, this is the one hundred percent hurt business. And the teams that kind of finish this thing off at the end, they they for the most part, win the war of attrition and allow themselves to be as healthy as possible.
Speaker 7: Man the man from start to finish.
Speaker 6: But some of the stuff, like I said, some of the stuff you can some of the stuff is just it's part of course of playing football.
Speaker 4: All right, I'll take your last break. When we come back, we'll get Nate on the phone, give you our predictions. We're gonna make our own pod picks up this week since Nick didn't give us the subject, okay, and then maybe we ask some fun questions for each other if we have time. When we come back. On Hanging with the boys.
Speaker 12: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dollas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: And they snapped the fresh guy who looks white.
Speaker 7: It's not there.
Speaker 5: He escape flapped.
Speaker 7: He'll work for a punch down.
Speaker 12: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: Pruscott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 12: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 7: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 12: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 7: How's wing Stop sound?
Speaker 15: Christy juicy classic wings, made to order, cook to perfection and sausted tossed and those eleven soul satisfying plavors paired with handcut, seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop branch, and of course spicy Cajun fried corn. I think you've heard enough. Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot com. See if Gig has your back.
Speaker 18: No matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are, so whether you're a diehard fan or a dog real a care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan? The seat gegk not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here every week fan or haven't been here in years fan, Sea Geek has you covered. Download the sea Geek after the seat Geek you're a ticket. They're great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 21: James right here, you're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. If you know how much I love my Cowboys and I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fans to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 4: Enter today, back Hanging with the Bulls. Welcome back to the last segment of the show, Hanging with the Boys, and each and every day it is brought to you by the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys, Jigsaw, Thank you Jigsaw. Chris? Are we are we making a phone call? Or do we have a guest? I'm working on right now? Give me a second, all right, Chris is Chris is working on? Not only did Nate ditches today and tell us he was going to ditches? He's not answering Chris's phone calls after he said that he would call into the show. So Chris is trying to uh wrangle that big timing us all the way around.
Speaker 6: What happened when you start rolling with those people? He's shutting with right now.
Speaker 7: I'll just forget about the little people. I'll never do that to you, guys. No, never, when my day comes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're us with you.
Speaker 8: No, pick up the phone.
Speaker 7: I'll pick up the phone though. Here's in the first ring.
Speaker 4: Here's my question. This will be my fun question for the day.
Speaker 13: Oh wait, hello, hello, Hello, what's up?
Speaker 4: You decided to ask the phone?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 13: I'm sorry, man, I'm so sorry. My phone's just acting up in this room.
Speaker 7: Man, you sound like up in the room.
Speaker 13: Yeah yeah, yeah, guy.
Speaker 5: You know what, he was asleep.
Speaker 4: He was asleep.
Speaker 9: He was taking a nap. That's why.
Speaker 4: We're good.
Speaker 7: We're good.
Speaker 4: How you doing, Nate, thanks for telling us you want to go be here today.
Speaker 13: Y'all having a great cowboy Friday?
Speaker 4: So we are, we are.
Speaker 5: How's your Friday going? You drive all night?
Speaker 4: Thirty?
Speaker 13: That's fine?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: We have to have a phone, bro, Yeah, we had to call him back.
Speaker 7: We had to call you back. Man, Man, phone's breaking up. Because the phone's breaking up.
Speaker 9: Your phone is breaking up?
Speaker 13: All right? Okay, well you guys be good.
Speaker 4: Now, hey, what's your prediction?
Speaker 7: What's your prediction?
Speaker 15: Story?
Speaker 13: We need to win this game, brother, how much is a bounce back of all bounced backs?
Speaker 19: Man?
Speaker 13: You know this about one point? This is bounced back bounced back man.
Speaker 14: Nate one?
Speaker 9: All right, who's winning the Colorado game?
Speaker 13: All right? Who's winning the Colorada five fifty five?
Speaker 4: There you go, Hey, be on celebrity watch for us. Now, let us know who all you who all you shake hands with? And all that.
Speaker 13: Gets y'all know, y'all know, start, bro, I just be looking at him like who in the world is just right?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 14: All blows to come of this?
Speaker 4: So well take take take some pictures and send it to us from the sideline.
Speaker 13: All right, y'all be good. That's a great show.
Speaker 5: All right, Nate, see you all right?
Speaker 6: For those that don't know, Nate ditch test today and jump to this truck and is in Boulder. He finally made the celebrity list at the University of Colorado Buffalo Week. Yeah, slow week. You know, most guys can't come out Friday. They got stuff to do. So Nate's at the Stanford Colorado game that takes place tonight that Dion doesn't.
Speaker 7: Quite not happy about. He's so glad he's not gonna be in this conference.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because of the late game.
Speaker 7: The late games. Yeah, I don't like the Lake games.
Speaker 9: You do call me.
Speaker 10: While I was trying to call Nate, Dion no computer, Oh did he? I'm so glad, I said, computer. I'm sorry I got Nate on the phone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hold up.
Speaker 8: There at that game, and I hope Nate wrapped up. What time is that game at It's like eight o'clock, eight o'clock, yeah, forty two down in the thirties football.
Speaker 9: I hope he brought a jacket.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: Nate's thick though, Nick.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, no, like cold weather, yeah, is it not. He went up there for the spring game and it started snowing and guess what he did.
Speaker 9: He left, He left.
Speaker 7: Freeze one.
Speaker 11: Listen.
Speaker 6: I I cannot wait to get to that point in life, like I'm going to relish the moment when I get into my sixties and like just don't give a darn about nothing. I'm believe when I want, I'm a short when I want. I'm gonna speak when I want and collect my NFL pension.
Speaker 7: Yep, that's Nate.
Speaker 4: I'm out see you.
Speaker 5: All right, Let's do our Let's do our picks.
Speaker 7: Let's do it all right, Kurt, Ah what you got.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go with the Cowboys, although it's it's close, but I think in the end the offenses are pretty equal, and I think the Cowboys defense is better. It's gonna be tough playing out there, so I give it to him, but it's gonna be like thirty to twenty eight.
Speaker 4: Thirty to twenty eight, Chris, Who you got?
Speaker 9: Oh Man, that's what she said.
Speaker 4: Come back to me, Hey, get Jazz's get Jazz is too You told Jazz to think but she in there? No she Ah Man, Jesse, what you got?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, I think the Cowboys will still be looking their wounds from last Sunday that that's stat that it's showing. It's kind of true when you play the Niners. After that game, you kind of you're kind of going to that thing wounded. And I didn't like the fact that we're at Friday and there's still people talking about Sunday right, Like, I don't like that now, look like like you the twenty five our rule is going gone. And I know that you have an extra day because you play on Monday night, but.
Speaker 4: We were guilty of it too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I think they're still looking their wounds, still trying to figure out, like still standing eight count of what happened last Sunday, and I think they go up there.
Speaker 7: I think Kellen Moore takes it very personal.
Speaker 8: I do do our players take this personal with him? Or this is this a media fan thing.
Speaker 6: It's a it's a media fan thing. But I think his players take it personal for him. I think his players will be like, let's win one for the Gipper, right, like, let's get this game ball for coach Moore. I think it's twenty eight, twenty twenty chargers.
Speaker 4: Chargers, all right, Chris, did you put some thought into it?
Speaker 9: Yes, it's gonna be twenty eight twenty.
Speaker 4: Four Cowboys or Charging Cowboys twenty eight twenty four Cowboys. Man, this is a this is a tough one.
Speaker 7: That is this is a tough one.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I'm gonna say, I'm gonna go ahead, and I think I'm with Jesse. I think I think they're banged up to the dark side looking at that, looking at that injury report, and you're gonna have guys playing places that they haven't played in real games. And I think I think there's some dysfunctionality going on that.
Speaker 7: That behind the scenes.
Speaker 4: And Chargers are a good team, man, and I think they're gonna figure something. You're right, Kellyen's had this circle. And I'm gonna say Cowboys twenty four.
Speaker 8: What is the over under though, Kurt two and a half over total score, I don't remember.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say Cowboys twenty four, Chargers thirty one.
Speaker 6: Okay, touchdown, we all got we all got up. I just about a touchdown either way? Right almost?
Speaker 4: Yep, uh pod pick.
Speaker 5: Since they're not doing those, let's go, let's make up our own.
Speaker 4: Which Cowboy player will have the longest reception?
Speaker 8: Fifty point five?
Speaker 4: Fifty point five?
Speaker 18: Sorry?
Speaker 4: Which cowboy player will have the longest reception, and then guess what that that number will be.
Speaker 7: I'm going to say, Tony Pollard, Pollard, all right on a screen?
Speaker 8: Dump one off time and let.
Speaker 9: Him run, let him run?
Speaker 4: How far?
Speaker 7: Fifty three?
Speaker 4: Let's go and they're still going to lose fifty Yes, Kurt, who you want?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 7: And then he gets called back for holding no play.
Speaker 8: It needs to be CD. I hope it's CD. CD down the middle usually talked about it.
Speaker 6: Usually when the when the receiver comes out in the media and he's complaining about getting targets.
Speaker 4: Targets, how long.
Speaker 8: You let's go forty forty two?
Speaker 4: Two? Chris? Who you want?
Speaker 9: Give me cooks for fifty five?
Speaker 4: Who I was gonna take? Cooks? Cooks for fifty five? I'm gonna play Debbie Downer and I'm gonna say ten Fergusons, Hunter Lipsky Ferguson for fourteen. Wow, That's what I'm gonna do, all right, and it's time for us to go. But one quick quote, one fun question each each you didn't do what Kurt didn't do?
Speaker 14: It all?
Speaker 4: I'll just do it. We'll just do one Kirk, Okay, fine? Every time I have every time I have a bit. The other show went late, We're gonna go, Okay, let's do it. Yeah, screw those guys, Chris. I hope they're not.
Speaker 9: They all laid.
Speaker 4: Yeah. If if one of you won the power Ball the one point seven billion.
Speaker 5: Dollars, how much would you give each of your.
Speaker 4: Co hosts on this show? Interesting because I have a feeling Jesse would be like nothing zero. How much one point seven billion you probably take to take home with that's probably around a billion, So that's a thousand million.
Speaker 5: That's a thousand million dollar stacks?
Speaker 7: Stop. Do you know how many billion dollar stack?
Speaker 8: I don't know. That's hard to say. I mean, that's you know, that's.
Speaker 10: Really tough for me, Nate is because if I say a million, I have to give twenty five million because I got twenty five right?
Speaker 4: Or do you just like not give anybody anything and just not show up for the show the next day and just disappear.
Speaker 9: I'd buy my own neighborhood.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't disappear, but way around, I would give y'all at least at least one hundred grand, at least I heard it one time.
Speaker 7: I would I would buy the house Yep, that's so.
Speaker 5: Buy whoever wherever they're just pay off, buy a neighborhoods.
Speaker 9: I can pick my neighbors.
Speaker 6: There sure segregation, Jesse, You're away for whatever reason. I have thought this out like in real life. And I never played the lottery, and I know I'm never going to win. But I've always said, I've always said, like the people that were closest to me, I would always pay off your biggest debt, whatever your biggest debt is, and then I would.
Speaker 4: Give us well buy them from.
Speaker 7: It will sell them.
Speaker 6: And I always said that I would pay off your biggest debt and then I would help you start whatever that dream of yours was. But then after that, you can never get another dime for me again, You're done. Like so if you said my house has cool your house, would you do.
Speaker 4: How close, how little, how small would your circle be that you would do that with?
Speaker 6: Like if I don't talk to you ever single day, you're not getting money like that, Like you you're not into that circle. Like I have to be around you and have a relationship about the people.
Speaker 4: That you have to talk to you every day like us, you get paid to talk to us.
Speaker 6: I actually I don't mean. Let's be honest, like, you know, when we get paid. I like doing this. I like being around you guys. I don't have to be around you guys. I'm really doing I really do enjoy being around y'all.
Speaker 7: So that's the thing. It's like, if I didn't enjoy being around But you know what.
Speaker 6: If we didn't enjoy being around each I get another show, please, we wouldn't have.
Speaker 4: A annoying group text that we all contribute to off the air.
Speaker 5: Do you think all the other shows do that, Chris.
Speaker 9: Have annoying text message off the air.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like a group chat all the other shows with me.
Speaker 7: Oh so you're not even in them. You're not even in them, Chris. That's what I'm saying. We're better.
Speaker 6: But I've always had that mindset of that's what I would do, so like whenever and then, But you can never act for another dollar. Like if I paid off your biggest debt and I gave you a substantial amount to start, if you're like, hey, I want to talking pleasent all right, cool.
Speaker 9: Getting native Madden cruisers go anywhere you want?
Speaker 7: There you go, you have a driver.
Speaker 4: We would never see him again, he would he would he would take that through Mexico down through South America as well as he didn't have to go over water.
Speaker 7: He would we never see him north Pole whatever.
Speaker 8: You'd still the show.
Speaker 5: I like you guys, but I'm probably getting I'm probably getting new friends. Zero good show.
Speaker 7: Jesse, you never said what you would do.
Speaker 4: That said probably give got at least one hundred grand grand. Yeah, I mean it would. I think it would be more than that. I would I would have to.
Speaker 6: Evaluate, honestly, out of anybody who would disappear and not talk to us ever again, it might be you might You would be you might be on an island somewhere half past drunk, and like Jesse, here's what I Here's what I've always said, because he'd be posting.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I wouldn't give up. I'd be like whatever, Like here.
Speaker 6: You turn you know, you would turn into you would turn to that dude, what is his name, Dan BILZERI you would turn into him.
Speaker 7: I can see that being you.
Speaker 4: I would little shorts, oh yeah, shirtless everywhere.
Speaker 7: I get shirtless everywhere.
Speaker 4: I have my shirt off more than j R.
Speaker 5: Smith one hundred percent Champagne all over me one.
Speaker 7: None of them would speak English. Or good English.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they would all be swim suit models.
Speaker 7: That would be that's your life right there.
Speaker 5: That would I've always said if I ever did.
Speaker 7: You see how when I said Dan, he knew exactly.
Speaker 9: What you're talking about.
Speaker 7: Like place poker, Yeah, see, you would play poker, you just.
Speaker 4: I've always said I would do a whole lot of good, but I would do a bunch of bad.
Speaker 5: I would get my eye, but you get.
Speaker 4: That kind of money you buy yourself out of trouble. There ain't much trouble you can get in that you can't get out of it with a billion dollars. So I would do a lot of good. I would help a lot of people out. I would do a lot of real nice stuff, but I would do some damage for we.
Speaker 7: Get to Heaven. Be like, listen, look I did this. I know you see this, but let me tell you about I know you're about to wait. I help that orphanage. I rebuilt those schools.
Speaker 22: Be like yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, fair, all right, fellas, let's hope we have a cowboy victory on the woday.
Speaker 4: Yes, I don't want to come in here and deal with this for two weeks. Cowboys, go do us a favor, prove me and Jesse wrong.
Speaker 7: Please dominate the game.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you this. If they go out there and they dominate, they shut them down on defense, they put up thirty plus points. Are we back? Are we good?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: We still got to win a few again.
Speaker 23: Thanks for keep us on the air, Brother Will, Sorry, I screwed your birthday up. Happy birthday, Clay Jones, Jazz, thanks for keeping Chris straight, and uh Nate, We'll deal with you when you get back.
Speaker 5: This has been hanging with a boys. See you on Monday.
Speaker 4: No Tuesday, Yeah, Tuesday Tuesday.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.