Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Katty Armstrong and Jettie and.
Speaker 2: Arms from studio ce Ce Signor, a dimly lit room deeper than the bowels.
Speaker 1: Of the Armstrong in Getty Communications Compound. And hey y'all, midweek, we're under the two ledge of our general manager Shared values, as in, do we have any anymore? You've gone on OPRAH with the general managers? Yeah, you know, I have guilty. I said, nothing just jumped out, especially today Today's Shared Value, so which is very nice. It's a nice it's a nice impulse, charitable of you to say thank you. Yes, Yeah, I just nothing. Nothing leapt out.
Speaker 3: In particular, I could have gone with Daniel Penny, who did an interview with Judge Janine of all people, but it was actually quite good and compelling, and we'll have some clips.
Speaker 1: For you a little bit later on. Yeah, I gotta tell you I've been having I having trouble with this the last twenty four hours from the experience I had with a person very very much like the guy Penny ended up choking to death, coming on to my kids and me and my family one night, and maybe I'll retell that story later, just because it was so similar, and I mean, it was just this close, and I think about it way too often. I don't think about it every day, but I think about it a lot. In the last week or so, I've been thinking about it every day. And so I heard the Daniel Penny interview and he has talking about how he would have been able to live with himself if if the guy had hurt somebody and he hadn't done anything about it. And so I've gone back and forth over the last however many years, it's been of you know, did I overreact, did I underreact? All that sort of stuff. And I'm thinking I probably should have put my hands on the guy and not just hoped that he didn't do anything. I was between him and my kids. But if he had moved fast, how would I been able to stop him? I don't know, right, And God dang it, I hope you never end up in that situation. One of the reasons that so many of us end up in those situations is we have so many dangerous, freaking people on the streets of our cities, correct and so you end up in a situation where you have to make a judgmentcall of do I instigate this and suffer whatever consequences might occur in a blue state or blue city because I'm afraid right now for me or my kids, Or do I wait until they stab, shoot, punch a woman, a kid or whatever and then try to subdue them. Horrible situation to be in, but it's much more likely when you got thousands upon thousands of these people walk in the streets. The guy that I was involved with ended up. He had.
Speaker 3: Smashed a woman's face in a drive through in a McDonald's, then beating up paramedics, and he'd done this in different states, and bet let go in blue states and travel around the country.
Speaker 1: He was exactly the same sort of guy as this. Yeah, and you know, God to help you again that you're never in that situation because you got to figure out what do I do here? Do I actually fight this person and then good?
Speaker 3: Then good luck, especially as a public figure like me, So I'm fighting a homeless person, he gets hurt. Imagine how that could be portrayed in the news, right, especially if he was physically smaller than you or something like that, or he was a noted, you know, Michael Jackson in or something right, right, they produced one picture of them looking gentle and innocent, and it could be a nightmare.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm gonna read some of the stuff that was put out yesterday about this guy that Pennin choked out and his background and some of the things people are saying about him now. And the fund that is being a gather to go fund me to raise money for some sort of statue or fund or scholarship or whatever for this guy who lived a life of scumbaggery right, reminds me of George Floyd exactly.
Speaker 3: He didn't deserve to die, but the idea that it was some sort of hero is just ridiculous. It's astounding.
Speaker 1: I don't know. But we allow these to thing, we allow these people to be on the streets. There's gonna this is gonna happen more, not less. Oh yeah, absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 3: What really really galls me is the inability or unwillingness to tell the truth about this so called homeless situation. Elon Musk Ashley if all people just had an excellent tweet about it to describing it, and we'll get to that in a little bit. But the I've got to believe either it's that ideology is so clouded the minds of people on the left, or there's so much damn money being made you cannot get them to say out loud it's primarily a drug addiction problem. The so called homeless problem is in vast measure a drug problem. We're not people who were working hard and paying the rent and then they had one medical pill and then they're out and they can't afford housing. I mean, there are people like that, and I'm more than happy to help them, but the vast majority.
Speaker 1: Are a drug addict. The percentages are high enough of it being a drug problem that it did to be perfectly okay to only refer to it as a drug problem and not refer to it as an almost problem at all. Exactly. Yeah, why are we doing the inverse of the truth.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, I'm always railing about letting the left define the language that you use. We ought to be calling them drug addicts, and if ten to fifteen percent are not, then you throw the caveat in.
Speaker 1: We really should come up with a a societal decision on this. Mentally ill, okay, if you if you're mentally ill because you use so many drugs, or you use so many drugs your brain no longer works. What is that?
Speaker 3: What are we gonna call that? What are we gonna do with those people? So I heard you'll not let them run around on the streets hurting people for for certain I heard, uh, one of the best analogies I've ever heard on this. Yesterday I was listening to the National Review podcast. Rich Lowry said, can you imagine if we let people with Alzheimer's just walk wander the streets?
Speaker 1: Oh? Great point, and said, well, you know they have Alzheimer's. It's not our job, to our business to put them in a home. What are we gonna against the is what is what is the literal difference between somebody with Alzheimer's or a different kind of mental illness caused by doing too much meth where they can't take care of themselves. Tell me what the difference is. But there's no way you'd let somebody with Alzheimer's just wander the streets. Yeah, it's a shame.
Speaker 3: It's it's troubling because there's no constituency, there's no lobbyist for the mentally ill. They can't bribe any Congress people to find a way to thread the needle. And it's a difficult needle. Of the asylums of the past, with their excesses and their abuses, nobody disagrees that they had problems. But then this progressive view that took hold in the sixties that we don't need those anymore because the drugs are miraculous, the mental illness drugs, And so I'll give them lithium.
Speaker 1: They'll be great. We're gonna close all the mental hospitals.
Speaker 3: We'll just open a center on this corner, in this street corner, and people go. It failed miserably, completely miserably. But and this may ring a bell. Having instituted a government program that failed miserably, it remains in effect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, we've got a lot from that Daniel Penny interview, which is pretty darned interesting. So join me.
Speaker 3: Please, no more use in the term homeless bums and junkies.
Speaker 1: DJs, if you will. So we got a lot more on that later. What is the other big story that I wanted to mention? Oh, how about how about Israel? So Syria used to have a military, Like four days ago, Syria had a navy, an army, and an air force. Today they got none of those. They got no air bases, they got no ships. They're all at the bottom of some body of water over there. I don't know my geography. Army disappeared and all the stuff that the army had has all been blown up. Five hundred air strikes from Israel since Sunday has completely destroyed the Syrian military. Isn't that something?
Speaker 3: It is amazing Israel calculating that, Hey, if the lunatics take charge, we don't want them to have access to these weapons, So goodbye weapons.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, I wonder if we're in favor of that or helping them out on that. We might be wrong. We might be giving them all the coordinates for all I know.
Speaker 3: Oh probably yeah, yeah, Although with Biden you never or no, and this will be my final thought. Then we probably ought to start the show officially because Biden's FCC is still in charge and they are draconian. Uh Iran, who unleashed Hamas on October seventh, may have absolutely sowed the seeds of their own undoing Amalas.
Speaker 1: And soon maybe could be more on that later. So let's start the show officially. As Joe said, I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty on this. It is Wednesday. We're two weeks from Christmas today. I got to remind myself of this. You gotta quit screwing around man. Time is up. Gotta get your shopping done. Stop yelling at me. I'm yelling at me. All right, Oh god, I gotta get my act together. They're twenty twenty four. We are armstrong.
Speaker 3: Seriously, seriously, what was the first and name of the year you've first uttered that sentence to yourself?
Speaker 1: I was eight, Probably we are armstrong. You're getting we approve of this program? Yeah, me too.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go officially according to FCC rules regulations. This is exciting, isn't it. Let's start at Mark.
Speaker 1: I love company holiday parties.
Speaker 4: You get to be with people that you work with all day long for more hours, and you get to say I love your ugly Christmas sweater and they're like, that's just my sweater. And you get to be like, hey, remind me, do you go buy Steve or Steven? And he's like it's Mark, And your boss tries to crack a joke and everyone around them does the employment laughter, Like.
Speaker 1: There's more to that bit too.
Speaker 5: Employment oh that's clever stuff. Oh we haven't had Paul Tarro. We haven't had a real Christmas party in years. I miss him.
Speaker 1: Actually before the show we were talking about it and everybody was thankful, but we don't have them. But I miss him. I think it's good for the camaraderie. It changes everything, you know, that couple of hours of getting together and having a few drinks and meeting the wife or meeting the husband or whatever and talking to them about something other than work. Right, Yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 3: It was always one of those man we've got to go, honey, are you and then you get there and it's fun.
Speaker 1: Uh, you're right because we.
Speaker 3: Used to work with a lot of really cool, creative people and the Christmas party somewhat oh yeah, yeah, real ravers.
Speaker 1: I's around some people last couple of days who had these great Christmas parties they were telling stories about and I thought, oh, yeah, that still happened someplaces. Well, good for you. How does mailbag look? Oh? Very good? Quite strong? Was the general manager today? Coming together? Shared values? Okay? Our text line is four one five two nine five KFTC. I know you're trying to be christmasy, Michael, but I don't think Jesus likes this music.
Speaker 3: No, No, indeed, the three wise men, all three of them thumbs down. Got a lot of great stuff to talk about today. His usual first year freedom loving quote of the day. Loved this sent along by David and NAPA. Good call David.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 3: Listening to the show Slash podcast yesterday and he said, this is perfectly related to your discussion.
Speaker 1: I think you'll get the context. It's from C. S.
Speaker 3: Lewis in his fabulous book That Hate, Hideous Strength, from the antagonist, Why you fool? It's the educated reader who can be gulled. All of our difficulty comes with the others. When did you meet a workman who believes the papers? He takes it for granted that they're all propaganda and skips the leading articles. He buys his paper for the football results and the little paragraphs about girls falling out of windows and the corpses found in Mayfair flats.
Speaker 1: He is our problem. We have to recondition him.
Speaker 3: But the educated public, the people who read the high brow weeklies, they don't need reconditioning. They're right, they're all right, all right already. They'll believe anything.
Speaker 1: Wow, what year was that ridden Oh gosh, the fifties probably CSL.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are some ideas so crazy only an intellectual could believe them. Thomas Sowell. It's it's just it's it's a facet of humankind that's really interesting. Smart does not come close to equaling wise referring sometimes the greatest wisdom is from the simplest people who live the simplest.
Speaker 1: Lives, no doubt, referring, of course, to many things, including the valedictorian of the private school in Ivy League who murdered somebody is now in prison, right right, mailbag or in jail. He's played the clips of that yesterday when he was shouting out as he was led into the courthouse.
Speaker 3: What a progressive grad school egomaniac nonsense being praised by various quarters online people are nuts. I was thinking of him actually when I said our general manager was shared values. Yeah, and you don't get to murder somebody in cold blood.
Speaker 1: That's one of them.
Speaker 3: Anyway. Drop his note mail back at Armstrong and Getty dot com. Scott from Pleasant Hill with some delightful sarcasm here, I must be having internet problems because I missed the calls for more gun control after the White CEO is killed, right after the haunter Biden pardon, can you guys fill us in?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: Excellent point, my friend, well said Tom, and SoCal writes, Dear Jack and Joe, I believe I have come across a word that may explain Jack's eating habits. It is a Japanese word, and I'll do my best. Kutcha sabishi. It means when you're not hungry, but you eat because your mouth is lonely.
Speaker 1: Your mouth is lonely.
Speaker 3: I haven't been able to confirm yet whether or not the Japanese would apply this to grabbing the last package of grocery store sushi late at night. That's great, Tom, And then he says, not sure. When you're breaking for the holidays. One to wish you and your family's all the best, to say thanks for another great year of entertainment, learning and laughing. Thank you, Tom. That's very kind of you, indeed. And then I'll follow it.
Speaker 1: Up maybe in about a half an hour, I might just walk out of here.
Speaker 3: I'll follow it up with this from Tim, So Joe Petty hates the media, Well, just who is the media these days?
Speaker 1: Joseph?
Speaker 3: It's you me, and every other jackass with an opinion and a keyboard. Still, it must be nice to cast dispersions without worrying about getting bitch slapped. But that's the beauty of having studio courage.
Speaker 1: Isn't it.
Speaker 3: Don't have to face the consequences of your words. All right, A, what in the name of God are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Bee?
Speaker 3: I hope you get help with your anger problems. Moving along, Andy and beautiful Martinez, California guys, I'll keep a short T shirt idea for you Californians against cal Unicornia.
Speaker 1: Andy. That's brilliant.
Speaker 3: That's great because you know, it's not like anybody in the show hates California.
Speaker 1: It's that it's been.
Speaker 3: Taken over by a hostile regime. You know, the evil rebels took over the country.
Speaker 1: Yes, Governor Gavin Newsom on TV something he did yesterday, and he's got aviators on with his always slick back hair. He's too tan for winter, which is a phrase I just thought of an autobi a phrase too tan for winter and one too many buttons unbuttoned on his shirt, slick back hair. Aviator's unbuttoned shirt tan. That's how you look if you want to get laid by a certain kind of woman. That's not how you look if you want to be governor or president.
Speaker 3: Oh, he is such a I need to search my vocabulary for a word that's up to describing him that isn't obscene. But he's you fill in the blanket home, folks, in whatever way we but he's a big one about you.
Speaker 1: Laugh. I laughed. I love this.
Speaker 3: Speaking of which, John from Colorado is in the Bay Area, California, is going to be riding the bart today, the Bay Area Rapid Transit, and he says, gentlemen taking Barton in the city today, Joe, you're a golfer. Should I menacingly clutch my three iron or five iron during the ride? John, I would suggest a sand wedge because of the weight in the head and the leading edge that's gonna do some serious damage.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing. You gotta wait until the crazy person actually stabs somebody or punches somebody before you can do anything. You just have to listen to them and watch them stomp around angrily and threaten people before you do anything. Apparently, well, and.
Speaker 3: As a society, we'll watch them punch somebody over and over and over again, and do nothing until they kill somebody and then talk about what a shame it is that we don't have better rehabs.
Speaker 1: Or something something something. Yeah, we got a lot to talk about today, as we've already mentioned. Hope you can stick around if you missed our get the podcast. Armstrong and Getty on Demand.
Speaker 3: Are strong and Getty.
Speaker 6: People are not thrilled with the Altuna McDonald's employees who mickfingered him. Several nasty Google reviews have been left of the Altuna location, including they got rats behind the counter, do not recommend, while many other simple left one star reviews citing bad service and so called snitches. You know what they say, snitches get filet of fishes.
Speaker 1: That's clever, It's yeah, it's troubling. It's interesting the lighthearted jokes about this, and I am not the humor police ever, etc. I've did that on their news segment. And then there's Colbert there Anywhoh, the fact that Google had to take down the place that you comment on that McDonald's like as a favorite of the McDonald's, because all these people were saying all these vile things about the McDonald's and trying to dos people who worked there in addition to that point.
Speaker 3: Of order, mister chairman, before we get to the serious stuff. Who reviews a freaking McDonald's. The food tastes like every other McDonald's on her.
Speaker 1: I know, everything gets reviewed, which is hilarious, and I do find it. We found this.
Speaker 3: Quarter pounded with cheese, consistent but unexceptional.
Speaker 1: Well it's all complaints, you know, So it's always the girl who worked there was, you know, drunk or whatever.
Speaker 3: Okay, fine, me too. You pull a devil's shift behind a fry machine, sa ie, you don't want to have a drink.
Speaker 1: So the people trying to docks the employees at McDonald's, who may have been the snitches who called the cops on their folk hero there, which is obviously cold.
Speaker 3: Blooded, self important, rich educated murderer, your hero fu boy, And I saw we got a little bit of the lawyer for this scumbag murderer.
Speaker 1: Later he's done an interview, so not surprisingly, his lawyer is a super activist also and was on CNN talking about billionaires this or whatever, some sort of class warfare. You're a rich lawyer representing a kid of like the highest privilege, I mean, like the elite of earth. What are you talking about. But what was my point?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: The lawyer mentioned that they've had so many people offer to pay the legal defense of this kid. Yeah. Yeah, money's just money's just rolling in to support this guy. And I should stop calling him a kid. You were right yesterday when I said that it is just because we're old and bitter, and because he's twenty six. He is like a child to me. But when we when Joe and I were twenty six, we were working together and at a radio station, and I did not feel like a child at that time. So I gotta quit calling him a kid. But this twenty six year old scumbag, life of privilege, murderous, just crazy person, and you're gonna give your money to his legal defense. What is wrong with you? Yeah? I know, I know.
Speaker 3: It's you know, the enemy of mine, enemy is my friend, no matter how awful he is and how over the top what he did is I just want to show which side of them on.
Speaker 1: But could there be a less sympathetic character. You're the sort of person that has money to throw around to help. I guess the downtrodden or the afflict you're gonna go with him? Went to a forty thousand dollars a here junior high and then an Ivy League school, and his parents own a country club. You're he's the guy you're gonna help? Wow?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would seriously, And again I get the very base animal instinct of all right, insurance companies are sometimes cruel and turning down care. There's documentation of them be behaving on ethically that sort of thing, and United Healthcare is certainly a giant one of those. And I get the initial impulse. But then if you can't let your frontal lobe take over and ask yourself, all right, are all the CEOs of all the insurance companies okay to murder? What if they are a woman? What if they're a black guy? Just to examine your own beliefs?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: What other industries are are not terribly a sympathetic these days? Can we murder all of their CEOs?
Speaker 1: Or what? Explain to me your moral code here? This one is tough because, like Joe Rogan on his Much Listen To Podcasts yesterday, for whatever reason, I never hear Joe Rogan's podcast, but he blasted the dirty healthcare industry as effing gross.
Speaker 3: A lot of truth to that, right.
Speaker 1: But I'm really uncomfortable with the conversation being had because a guy got murdered in cold blood, because it definitely sends the message that if you want to get an issue addressed, you murder so many in cold blood and then people will start discussing your issue. That's not good.
Speaker 3: Well, and I suspect very strongly, although I didn't hear it that Joe, like virtually everybody who talks about this, completely leaves out the fact that anything that's happening in healthcare right now, anything that's happening in health insurance, is happening because of government.
Speaker 1: Policy, right And as I keep saying, I assume most of these people, Luigi and others would be for government healthcare. And please do a little research about other countries that have government run healthcare and whether or not you get fair quick treatment then that you're always happy with and nobody gets denied or has to wait for care till they die. Happens all the time.
Speaker 3: People come from England, Canada, other places to the United States to get care because they can't get any through their government healthcare.
Speaker 1: Right, Yep, it's very frustrating. Okay, different topic just came across this poll first poll I've seen anyway on ap Nork poll. It's one of your believed in polls, credible polls. Joe Biden partning his son. Approval rating on Joe Biden Partning Hunter twenty two percent, twenty two percent, And the only reason it has twenty two percent is because you got like forty percent of Democrats say it's okay, really, and like zero percent of a Republican So you will justify any Yeah, yeah, everybody. If there's one thing I could get people to do, it's not say yes or no, right or wrong based on whether or not it's your side. Try as hard as you can to separate these things out. There's no way forty Democrats think Joe Biden Pardning Hunter was a good thing, not a chance Hanson label.
Speaker 3: This segment of the podcast, Jack Comma charmingly. Comma asks for moral consistency from mankind.
Speaker 1: Right, you're one hundred percent right? Of course, I know. Do we used to do better at this or not? Am I wrong about that? I feel like we used to do better at this at times. At times I think we did. There have definitely been eras.
Speaker 3: We'll just restrict our discussion to the us of a but there have been times in this country that yeah, unity and shared values were very important, and that if you violated those shared values, it didn't matter if you're on mis's hide or not for the vast majority of us. But that that's that that feeling of unity ebbs and flows, and it's it's at a low, low ebb right now in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Well, to argue with myself and I said this a couple of weeks ago, but because I'm old, I'd forgotten it. Learning in the book Sapiens that that's one of the things evolutionary speaking, that has allowed Homo sapiens to survive, is that we go with we're gonna follow our leader, what right or wrong he's on it, We're on his side. Because if you have a whole bunch of people who are like, I don't know, I kind of agree with our leader, but you know he's not completely right about this. I'm about sixty forty, the other tribe that believes in their leader is going to come in whoop your ass. Wow. So there's a great advantage to right or wrong. It's my team, let's go. There's a big advantage.
Speaker 3: And in my head around good point Where does that leave us?
Speaker 1: I don't know, easton confused, morally unmoored.
Speaker 3: What now where do I turn? I guess you hope an interesting point.
Speaker 1: I guess you hope that our intellect is able to override that to a certain a certain extent.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I think it's a There are a thousand examples of this. It's like the like during the worst moments of the way over the top me too movement or the BLM thing or whatever. But where these these lunatics were like condemning if you said, well, you look great today, or you know, out with a coworker, would you like to get coffee away from work someday? That was just a horrendous crime. Because all of human courtship is evil and leads to forcible rape. That was a crazy attitude. A certain amount of the natural course of human courtship, including the woman not refusing consent but delaying consent. Sure, that's part of our mating dance, has been for millions of years.
Speaker 1: Absolutely right.
Speaker 3: It's that last percent that turns ugly that we've got to rein in with our intellect. We're better than chimps. Well, some of us are better. A few of us are better than chimps. And it's that last bit of my leader right or wrong, even as he gases ten million Jews for instance, or you know, whatever example you'd like to give.
Speaker 1: And then a science story before we take a break that I read yesterday about how we kind of have a brain in our stomach. Scientists have discovered down at Caltech or tiny little portions of a brain. And it's first.
Speaker 3: Only has my schwunstick have been attempting to take control and make the decisions in my life. Now my stomach is swighing in his way.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what they got to discover, is the leader's a really unwise brain down there in your genitals.
Speaker 3: Kind of single minded, yes, a bit myopic. Yeah, as I think you're leading up to a point.
Speaker 1: There are similar neurons in our gut as there are into our brain. And they're saying there's not a lot of difference between just being a tiny little brain that makes various decisions on situations. So should we be digesting the food and doing the normal thing, or are we in a crisis now where we better hold back, slow everything down so you can deal with things.
Speaker 3: Sure, we don't need the muscle I'm sorry. The blood flow to our digestion digestive tract. We need it in our muscles right now. Yeah, you also don't need to be sing your p while you're I don't know what phrase you losing your mud? We you know when you're when you're in a crucial situation. Well, right, that's that's weird Freudian slip right there, Michael, am I wrong? Did I just hear that or the way he pronounced the situation? I think was all right? If it makes you a grain, leave it in. Yeah, that's a fascinating thought. We have neuron networks that make decisions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then many many brains, right, and they discovered in the and they think it might be more places in the body, meaning the whole brain system is more complex and spread out than they'd ever thought before. Now that's thought provoking. Is the genital's angles pretty funny? All right? You know it doesn't need a brain because it's it's always Yes, it's not like he's making a lot of decisions. Yes, but the circuit I'm seeing some red flags being waved. Nat forget about it. Yes, well let's do it. I'm all in, who's in, who's with?
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 1: She's clearly nuts.
Speaker 3: Yes, we've got Oh, I a downer after all this laughing. I want to get to some of the commentary around the dude that got choked to death by Daniel Penny, Yeah, and trying to make you hear out of him yesterday.
Speaker 1: It was just amazing, amazing. Can't wait to read this to you. You'll be amazed yourself. And other stuff. We're gonna get to Katie's headlines on the way, shoy. I'm not stealing one of your headlines, Katie, but inflation ticked up in November two point seven percent first time line, Jack, Did I steal one of your headlines?
Speaker 3: Total?
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 3: Well, and I want to talk about Crooner's and he brings up inflation.
Speaker 1: God, you're a drag. I am. I am no fun. I am no fun.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about Dean Martin's boozy warblings and you want to talk about inflation?
Speaker 1: What next?
Speaker 3: The Federal Reserve?
Speaker 1: Are you a Frank Sinatra fan? I've never really gotten into Frank Sinatra. I shouldn't take some time on it. It's like one of those bands I like, but I don't love. Yeah, I just I don't think I've taken the time I should take the time. There's got to be a reason. Do you're not that big a deal by accident. Yes, phrasing is cool if you're into that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: But anyway, let's talk about including the Biden administration taking a victory lap on their great win in Syria, which is beyond inappropriate. I mean, it's practically bizarre. But first let's figure out who's reporting what it's lead story with Katie Green.
Speaker 7: Katie, thank you guys USA today CEO Gunman Merchandise raises controversy, claims of glorifying violence.
Speaker 1: What's the merchandise?
Speaker 3: Oh, people are making.
Speaker 7: Shirts with his face on Etsy and posting.
Speaker 3: BDI delayed defend shirts and sweatshirts and hats.
Speaker 1: And I'm starting to agree with people who think this is a like turning point, watershed moment, something or other inflection point in terms of our going off the rails as a country.
Speaker 3: It's nineteen sixty eight to seventy three. Again, We're going to see bombings and assassinations and god knows what else because everybody's going to be so still justified in their own heads that their gripe is the gripe and I'm so right, I get to hurt people.
Speaker 1: CNN.
Speaker 7: Syrians celebrate falla facade as Israel strikes nearly five hundred targets.
Speaker 1: They thought, here's our opportunity. This is a tree, that's a tact us we've been worried about. They no longer have an army, navy, or military or the ability to produce anything for a military. In four days, it's all gone.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, the main rebel guys are continuing to say the right things about human rights and then freedom and that sort of thing. We'll keep an eye on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who knows, this guy might the leader, whatever his name is. He might turn out to be an islamis horrifying job. But his body language and the way he talks is definitely different than most of these people.
Speaker 7: From the Washington Post, Ukraine races to develop its own long range weapons to counter Russia. From the New York Times, Biden administration looks to reinforce US China ties ahead of Trump's return ties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the bidens the problem now.
Speaker 1: And I hate all these New York Times stories where they they're like the Gavin Newsom trump proofing California. Everything he's got to come from the angle of gotta get this done before the evil Trump comes in. Oh, shut up with that.
Speaker 7: From the New York Post, women are getting quote designer nipple fillers for Perkier bosoms.
Speaker 1: Saw that.
Speaker 7: What is that true? Well, going brawless is becoming a thing.
Speaker 1: I live in college town. I've become aware of that.
Speaker 7: Kim Kardashian released a bra that had a nipple built in, and then it just kind of took off from there.
Speaker 1: Your meme of the Yeah, your meme of the day, think about.
Speaker 3: This nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 7: Don't get into a car with strangers two thousand and eight. Don't meet people from the internet alone twenty twenty four. Order yourself the stranger from the internet and get into a car alone with them.
Speaker 1: Oh that's pretty funny. Yeah.
Speaker 7: And finally, the Babylon be Biden cancels aid to Syria after finding out some needy Americans live there.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, wow, Hey, Katie, I used bad form in the gym yesterday and strained my shoulder, and this morning I have to pick up my left arm to reach for the mouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Boy, you gotta stay out of the gym. It's dangerous in there.
Speaker 1: The public service announcement.
Speaker 3: Right, I never strained my shoulder like laying around on a couch.
Speaker 1: I did this. I did this the other day.
Speaker 7: I was lifting at the gym and then I went to change the toilet paper roll and it was lights out for my shoulder.
Speaker 3: And it's still not all the way.
Speaker 1: Back to normal. That sucks. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, welcome to something like middle age. You're too young to be described as middle aged. You're no longer a kid officially, right. Weird injuries you get reaching into the back seat, for instance, you're not a kid anymore.
Speaker 1: Some high school kid almost dropped a thirty five pound plate on my foot the other day, just missed it. I would have been in an ambulance and never walked correctly again. If that had landed on the top of my foot, you really would have had Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're dangers of the gym.
Speaker 1: Stay you never get hurt like that. If you all, you can eat the feet. I'm just saying we've got a lot more news on the way. I hope you can stay. Well.
Speaker 5: This is we do four hours.
Speaker 1: If you must an hour gets podcast, subscribe
Speaker 5: Armstrong and Getty