Speaker 1: George.
Speaker 2: I'm a homegrowl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you don't lie about that, right, Lauren came in, Hey, y'all was up. It's Laura l. Rosa and this is the Latest with Laura L. Rosa.
Speaker 2: Your daily dig your daily breakdown, an easy digestible one too at that we love a good snack of all things pop culture, entertainment, news and the conversations that shake the room. Now, you guys know, I love to keep y'all up to date, but more than anything, I love.
Speaker 1: To take y'all a court. To take y'all a court.
Speaker 2: So today, while on air for Breakfast Club, I got a text that something was coming. Then there was a story that broke via TMC's website of Diddy and a filing that was filed on Diddy's behalf.
Speaker 1: Now we had kind of predicted this in the room.
Speaker 2: I know, we talked about this here on the Latest with Laura Rosa as well that since former Prosecutor Camy was like, I had already had an inkling that if I was, you know, Diddy's team, one of the things I would do is try for that bond again. You know, and try to get him home to await his sentencing, which is going to go down on October third. Now, the reason why I said then that I thought that this would be smart was because even though the final decision is up to a judge, the prosecutors are the people who've laid out all this information, and if at all there is any hiccup with the prosecution, it can potentially favor Diddy on his side. Now, I found it interesting that in this request for bail, it's a fifty million dollar bell package, which is not a crazy number or number we haven't heard before. If you guys remember months ago, back in September of twenty twenty four, did he had actually offered a fifty million dollar bell package, and his plan was to put up his mom's home, a couple of the Miami properties other collateral. He said, you know, he would stay away from any woman, and there'd be like a signing sheet of who goes in his home, and you know, he wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Fly and all these things.
Speaker 2: So they basically just took that same ball package offer because of course, you want to have a good number.
Speaker 1: You want to put up as much as you can.
Speaker 2: Because the point is to make the court believe that you have so much on the line, you're not going to mess up at all while on that baill, nor will you try and flee before a court can sentence you to face whatever consequences it is for your crime.
Speaker 1: So that's not new. They altered it a little bit, but that is not new.
Speaker 2: So the new bill package that they're proposing is a fifty million dollar bond secured by mister Colmbs's home in Miami.
Speaker 1: So now it's only the one home.
Speaker 2: The bond will be co signed by three financially responsible people. Colmes will residing his home in Miami. Colmbs' travel will be limited to the Southern District of Florida the Southern District of New York for attorney meetings, as well as airports necessary to travel between the two. Now this is a little different because originally, and it's been updated probably like I would say, two times since the original one that I keep referencing.
Speaker 1: But originally they were mentioning Jersey.
Speaker 2: Being one of the places that Diddy could travel to as well and again and there were multiple different assets listen, including his mother's home. I do think it's interesting that they're offering up the bond for the home, like the home is the asset, right, But then at the same time they're saying he'll be residing in this home, It's like, Okay, we want to put together this is very favorable bond package, right. We want to put together it's very favorable bell package. Right. We want to put up so much that you believe that we know we got too much on the line to lose.
Speaker 1: The way that we can do that. We're offering you money, we're offering you assets.
Speaker 2: But basically I'm telling you, I'm going this is the place where I'm laying my head that I'm giving it to you right in your hands. This is important to me. I thought that that was, you know, something worth calling out as well. They also mentioned that Diddy will be placed under express supervision of the US Pre Trial Services Agency and that he'll be reporting to the agency as directed by the agency.
Speaker 1: Before that mentioned.
Speaker 2: Something like almost kind of like a house arrest type of thing where like there was like check in and you know, like he would be on lockdown essentially, And that's what they're proposing here, is like it'll be very heavily supervised, it'll be expedited the minute that he can get out of here and we can get them set up with that, that is what we're gonna do. And then lastly they say that Diddy's passport will be surrendered to pre trial services and he won't be allowed to apply for another passport in court on the final day of court when he was not granted bail right then and there, his attorney's made it clear then too, like we literally have his passport right now in our physical possession. They're just trying to show that he is going to abide by the rules this time.
Speaker 1: Now. Backing this up, The reason why.
Speaker 2: Again I mentioned I believe that they're filing for this is because there have been some hiccups when it comes to the prosecution. We still to this day do not know why US Attorney Komi, who was the lead attorney for the government on this case against Ditty, she was let go. But there has been a conversation of overreach. Was this a government overreach the way that they tried to frame or angle this case when it came to Diddy. Now, I don't know enough, nor does anyone know enough to point to that when we look at why did his team would think that now would be any different than before when a judge said no to bail, because if you think about it, everything the judge mentioned as far as why they didn't believe that he should be let go until sentencing, it's still the same. The judge mentioned the video from Cassie and the violence that that showed. That video is still there, that video still in the judge's mind. The judge talked about did he not having regard for the law essentially and just kind of doing whatever he wanted to do. That thought based on what we heard in the courtroom over these last couple of weeks, it's still there. Regardless of what he was found guilty of or not. It's still there now. I think DIDNY team is doing the right thing. I mean, it's their job too, but they're doing the right thing by leaning into laws. So throughout this docum, and I want to read some episodes from the document, they point out some things that, you know, I think they're able to now more clearly cite back up information for than within the time that.
Speaker 1: They were given to do it.
Speaker 2: Right after they proposed the idea of didn't get in bail, it was literally like we had hours that we waited versus Now it's been weeks and days for them to be able to, you know, provide more case law and things to back up their argument. So what they're saying is is that first of all, the district Court must find by clear and convincing evidence. This is in the first opening pages of their submission for a bill request. They say, the district Court must find by clear and convincing evidence that the person is not likely to flee or pose a danger to the safety of any other person or the community if released. Second, it must be clearly shown that there are exceptional reasons why such person's detention would not be appropriate. Now they're like, look, this is everything we need to show you, and we have no problem with doing that. So the first thing that they bring up is and you know, this is a conversation that they've been having in the world, honestly, has been having since did he was convicted of the two Man Act counts right that deal with prostitution. So they look the history of the Man Act and the way that this has always been used. No one has ever been jailed presentencing in the document, they say in the lifestyle that he and other adults voluntarily chose, mister Combs will be called a swinger, but in the vocabulary of the man act or of prostitution, generally, he might at worst be somewhat recognized as a john, someone who pays to have sex with a sex worker, in this case, a male sex worker, more particularly a male sex worker who works for and is vetted by a well known company or agency, which is the agency it was like the Cowboys or the Cowgirls agency that they reference a lot in Diddy's trial, So they're they're already framing him as a john. This is the're framing him as a john. And basically they're saying, look, there's no other person in these cases, from what we can find, who was considered a john the same way he would be considered that hasn't been able to go home while they're await sentencing. They also then point out that from what they can find in the history of this act, there is no evidence of someone having to sit in jail while waiting to be sitting They're basically like, look, y'all have never done this before in this case, and what he's actually found guilty of is not exceptional to the point where y'all need to do it now, so please help us understand.
Speaker 1: They're leaning on the law heavy.
Speaker 2: The judge and the prosecutors leaned on Diddy's actions. Diddy's team is like, we acknowledged those actions, which I think, honestly, you're not going to get around them. I don't think that Diddy will be granted a bell this time. I really don't. But the judge and the prosecutors from the beginning said, we're not going to act like this didn't happen. And on top of us acting like not acting like it didn't happen because we saw on video our testimony of it. You guys stood here in court for the first week of court and admitted to all of these things. There is not enough in front of me as the judge, right, I'm speaking hypothetically as a judge where I feel like all of those things that you admitted to and that I heard of and that we witnessed are counteracted, where he's rehabilitated enough right where I can believe that these things won't happen. And again we talked about here on the Latest with Laura La Rosa. The last time we talked about Diddy and him, you know, being in a rehabilitation program. We talked about the optics of that and the reason why if I'm Diddy, regardless if I really want to be really rehabilitated or not, why I would do that now. I don't know if at some point his team tries to bring that into the conversation here, because if we're being honest, it's a bit too early to claim, Hey, he's doing better now. He's only been in a program, but some weeks if that.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Diddy seem also call out the fact that, you know, the man act as a hundre and fifteen years old, it's outdated. People think of sex differently, so being a swinger living in lifestyle that you know, Diddy and his girlfriends, including Cassie Ventora were living. It's not a crime. It's just a way of life for some people. But he's being treated like it was a crime. We've talked a lot about that here, you guys know what I'm referencing. But something new that they mentioned. They talked about how MDC Brooklyn, which is the location where Diddy is, the conditions of the jail and why that based on other case law that they cite as a look, y'all did that over here should be a sufficient reason for him to be released. So they say, number one, the jail has continued reports of inordinate periods of lockdown. They say, number two, there are claims that the facility provides inadequate or substantially delayed necessary medical care, a particular risk in this case because Diddy has had, you know, his own health things. There was, you know, the reports of him going to the hospital and having to be taken out of the hospital late in the middle of the night because of a health scare of some sort. Number Three, they cite general issues about the conditions at the facility. These conditions have not abated in mister Colmbs's detention at the facility, as the court is aware. During mister combs incarceration at the NBC, the facility was subject to an interagency SUITEP that was designed to achieve our shared goal of maintaining a safe environment for both our employees and the incarcerated individual's house at in DC Brooklyn, And that was a statement from the jail.
Speaker 1: In other words, Diddy's.
Speaker 2: Offense team says, there's a significant issue at MDC Brooklyn that obviously relates to the safety of employees and incarcerated individuals that require outside law enforcement to come in and take action because MDC as a jail didn't have significant law enforcement.
Speaker 1: The presence of law enforcement.
Speaker 2: They mentioned that throughout the walls of the facility he's in for twenty four hours of the day. At some points there's insufficient safety precaution has been taken place, and they point back to but very subtly because I think they don't want to lean into heavy year because it can kind of look crazy on them because it's like, he's a celebrity, but so what he committed a crime? But they subtly hints at They say, because Sean Colmes is in an exceptional situation as a post verdict pre sentence inmate at MDC. Now, there is nothing about someone who has found guilty of a crime going to jail that is exceptional. I can understand their argument of no one else has been jailed for this, and that's a conversation. But if you say that, you know, just his post verdict and pre sentenced confinement is exceptional. And then you point out things like they're not being adequate safety or enough resources, or you know, they don't respond to medical things all in the right time. I'm not saying that this is right, but these are things that we hear people complain about and that we see people fighting against for their loved ones every single day when it comes to these prisons in these jails. So when I read this line, I'm like, it would be much better if you guys just said what y'all are saying, because for everything you allege that the jail is lacking or inadequate of, they're gonna come back with an answer of how they fix it or how it's not lacking or inadequate because they don't want a lawsuits and you.
Speaker 1: Can't just I mean you really.
Speaker 2: If I'm Diddy's team, I wouldn't even lean into the celebrity.
Speaker 1: Of it all.
Speaker 2: And it's more of like and not even like he's a celebrity. Oh my god, he shouldn't be living like this. It's more of the celebrity of the case. If every day inmates are not being kept saved and every day employees are not being kept safe, with the celebrity of the case, this should be an exceptional reason why we should be able to move for him to come home and wait until a sentencing. But I think you there's a really slippery slope there. Wow, you can't even say slippery slope when you talk about this, and then the baby will there's a really slippery slope there though, when you have a conversation about this, because I get what they're saying.
Speaker 1: But at the same time.
Speaker 2: A judge has already had weeks of testimony presented in front of him in evidence that he said to watch in a jury who's decided on certain things where it's kind of like, you know, the narrative has been because of this man's money, power and celebrity, he's been able to do these things and go about his everyday life as if things are fine. And that's kind of what the judge you know, talk briefly about when making his decision for Bill the last time. It's like, these are things that you blatantly ignored the rules of the court on. So if you'll do that for whatever circumstance or whatever reason, because of who you are, because of the power, because of whatever, we can't trust it. And you've shown us that you have no regard for authority because of these things.
Speaker 1: So we'll see what happens y'all at this point.
Speaker 2: Now, what normally happens is you know, the prosecution will have, you know, some time to respond, so that should probably be coming out within the next day. I give it twenty four hours before they respond, because it's going to be textbook response.
Speaker 1: It's going to be the Cassie video.
Speaker 2: It's going to be allegedly the hotel room being set up for a freak golf while Diddy was waiting to be brought in by police here in New York on these charges. It's going to be the fact that in that hotel room they found drugs.
Speaker 1: It's going to.
Speaker 2: Be all the things, all the things like they're going to be. They haven't went anywhere since the last time. So I predict that Diddy will not receive the bell. I said the day that the last bell hearing happened at court when he was found not guilty on the most serious charges like the conspiracy and all those things, that I wouldn't have been surprised if he got a bell. I'm honestly not against that happening. I think that at this point it would make sense for him to receive one. But in me hearing the way that Judge responded to Diddy in his team before and the facts of the case are still the same because Diddy's team can't. They don't even reference the firing of the prosecutor, Like they don't even get into those things for real, for real. So it's like, what's new here? And to me, that's the only thing that's new. But it's like there's a tiptoe around it. And I don't know if the tiptoe is because you know, that's just internal information of like why maybe they don't know why the firing even happened, or you know, third, maybe the firing has nothing to do with something that they could even use to prove that Diddy should be given another shot at bail, whatever the case may be. Outside of that firing, nothing else is new. So I see the judge leaning in the same way. Not the judge doesn't. It's gonna really make me want to know what Coomi was fired for, because to me, that's the only thing new here that has happened since the last time they put this re quest.
Speaker 1: But let me know your thoughts. Take it to the streets and outside we.
Speaker 2: Outside, the outside, hit me on I g on X, I'm Lauren l Rosa everywhere l O R E N l O R O s A.
Speaker 1: I want to hear from y'all.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, there is always a lot to talk about you guys, my Lowriders. I appreciate y'all every single time you join me to talk about it. I will catch you guys in my next episode.
Speaker 1: Y'all know. Look, we stay in court, don't we. Y'all can wait