Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Katty and he arms range. Why from Studio C. We're in a dimly lit room, he put in the vowels of.
Speaker 3: The Armstrong in getting communications compound. After Memorial Day weekend the unofficial start of summer.
Speaker 2: So time to ramp it down.
Speaker 3: It's time to go through the motions, time to go into summer mode. Time to just you know, kind of just pretend to be here at least for the rest of the summer.
Speaker 2: Today, today we are under the tutelage of our general manager.
Speaker 1: You know, I was gonna go with America's war dead day after Memorial Day. Must tip our cap to the true meaning of the holiday weekend. But then, of course our true general manager after that is Trump, Trump, always Trump. Fifteen different Trump stories the first account. How many is you scan your favorite to news sources? How many of the stories headline the first word is Trump, Trump declares Trump, crashs back Trump and whatever I know.
Speaker 3: I listened to NPR and they said King Charles is going to Canada today to open a session of parliament. But the first time the King of England has done that in decades. What message does that send to Donald Trump? Will be discussing later, Okay, so it's got to obviously be about Trump. Couldn't possibly be about anything else anyway. That's just the life with the world we live in Canada. We're not annexing, Yakay, It's going to be fine. And that summertime now once you did, since you mentioned the ward ed situation, my son who is in boy Scouts, they did a cool thing yesterday where he and his troop got to the local cemetery early and put up all the little flags before the big ceremony started with the band and the singing and everything like that, which I beautiful. So my shame had never been to before, even though I've lived in that town for twenty five years, I'd never been to the big Memorial Day celebration they have in the morning at the cemetery. And it was really cool, and I was glad that he was participating in that and seeing what it was all about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great, Good for you.
Speaker 1: I hope everybody got a chance to do something meaningful or at least to cast their thoughts in that direction. As I was tweeting and sending around picks to the crew, Judy and I went to a historical site, a fort to think about war and peace and freedom and that sort of thing. It was absolutely fabulous. More on that to come.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 3: The big story on NPR as I was listening on the way in just because it gets me angry, So I listened to NPR. It gets me angry, gets my blood flow and gets my heart pumping, and I'm ready to work.
Speaker 1: So in spite of that whole summer slack and off speech you gave, so you're still you know, you got your You're you're in the game.
Speaker 3: But their lead story is they're suing the Trump administration. They just announced that because Trump's trying to take away their funding and they're suing over some sort of he can't do that only Congress scan, which I think they're probably right on that, but AnyWho, So that got me going utterly shameless. That reminds me everything reminds me of something I was just reading about. How a really interesting perspective on and we're talking about the Israel Hamas than here the experts and historians cited by the nprs of the world over and over again. Historians are experts.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, dispute Israel's characterization of the tunnels. They went through some of these experts and who they are and how many times they're quoted by various news sources, and these people are cranks, but they are royal on NPR.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I've got one of those kind of stories coming up a little bit later too. I grilled last night, a Memorial Day tradition in my family, and I just remember when I think about Memorial Day as a kid, my dad always grilled. I hate grilling. As I've said many times, I absolutely freaking hate it. It makes me so angry. I'm bad at it. I don't want to be good at it, so don't missend me any tips. I don't want to be good at it. I don't want to do it. I don't ever want to grill again.
Speaker 2: I hate it. What are you like, transgender or something? Man? I know it is no man.
Speaker 3: It is the least manly aspect of my entire being that I hate grilling as much as I do.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: The problem is I never get the fire hot enough. I can always lay my hand on the grill. That's how not hot it is, and it'll take you a week to cook your steaks. And we got these because we do ads for Omaha steaks. So we got these fantastic Omaha steaks. I mean, just like the greatest quality steaks you can possibly get. Got filet mignon on there, I got tendroline on there. I got all kinds of great stuff on there. Not chicken. I don't eat chicken. Give that's my neighbors or something. Maybe you like chicken, but anyway, wow, but yeah, no, it's great chicken. We've cooked a chicken.
Speaker 2: Oh my shirt, it's fantastic. I just don't eat chicken. Barbecued chicken sandwiches.
Speaker 1: You got your chicken, you got your cheese, you got your bacon, a nice pumper nickel bread or something, a little barbecue sauce.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, maybe if it came pre grilled, because I hate grilling.
Speaker 3: But so, But the point was my son, the boy scout, it's starting to take over the grilling. He did most of it. He got it started and everything like that. So if he can do that, I told him, I said, man, he's thirteen. I said, man, you take over this. I'm going to be so happy if this becomes your thing and he watches all these YouTube videos, he's got all these shows he watched. No, Dad, you got to do this and then go ahead, you be in charge. Perfectly yourself out that. Yeah, knock yourself out, enjoy it, make this your thing.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's great. I know, that's super. I know, I'm very excited about that. You know what.
Speaker 1: Speaking of food and barbecue and that sort of thing, we did the classic. We had friends over and we had burgers and hot dogs on the grill for attle hosteaks.
Speaker 2: Actually, burger on the grill, especially those burgers is so good. They're so great. And you know, I go back to my principle.
Speaker 1: There have been times I've knocked myself out trying to prepare an incredible meal, you know, with the basting and the marinade and then the you know whatever, you slop it on on the grill and you smoke it for nine.
Speaker 2: Hours and blah blah blah, and.
Speaker 1: By the end of the year physically and mentally exhausted, and you know, it's it's really good. Or you could have burghers and dogs on the grill and have like the highest level of deliciousness known to man. And its practically effortless for normal men who can grill anyway, grow have sun skin, or want to.
Speaker 2: That's my thing. I don't want.
Speaker 3: That's the really missing element here is I have no desire to, right, sure, but so my son does.
Speaker 2: So that's fantastic.
Speaker 3: Before we get to the opening clip, well, maybe we should play the opening clip and that'll start the conversation, because we might be at a real turning point in this whole Ukraine Russia thing. Let's start to show officially before we get in trouble with you and get our funding yanked.
Speaker 2: I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getti on this.
Speaker 3: It is a Tuesday made the twenty seventh or twenty twenty five, where Armstrong and getting we approve of this program.
Speaker 1: Let's begin then officially recording the FCC Rules of Regulations. The show starts at mark.
Speaker 4: I'm not happy with what Putin's doing. He's killing a lot of people, and I don't know what the hell happened to Putin. I've known him a long time, always gotten along with him, but he's sending rockets into cities and killing people. We're in the middle of talking and he's shooting rockets. Into Kiev and other cities. I don't like it at all.
Speaker 3: Biggest attack by Russia on Ukraine since the war began. I know, I've said that several times in the last several weeks. That's because they keep increasing their attacks to outdo the one before. I'm not exactly sure what the strategy is there from Putin, but you heard what Trump said there, and then the new Chancellor of Germany yesterday announced no restrictions. Restrictions are off on Ukraine. He announced that for NATO, including the United States. He said, no more restrictions on NATO supplied arms. You can fire as far into Russia as you can with these weapons, which includes Moscow.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow, all right, that's big, Yes, so big.
Speaker 1: On the Trump clip five to twelve dimensional chess or had he actually flattered himself that he and Putin had a relationship and.
Speaker 2: I mean that line about what happened to Putin? Nothing. He's one of the most consistent human beings I've ever observed. What is up with Trump?
Speaker 3: Well, George Bush made the same mistakes, so did Barack Obama. Sending Hillary Clinton there with the reset button. Oh, it's just the evil Bush administration. You're a nice guy. We can reset relationships. I don't know why these people don't understand what he is, but maybe Trump does now and what that means I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, And that's one of Putin's greatest skills too, is to flatter you into thinking that you're buds and oh, finally, finally a real leader of leader. I can talk to one who understands the world. He he's a genius of that. Putin is an evil genius.
Speaker 3: Well, what's his firing on civilians all weekend long in Ukraine and blowing up buses and schools and actual hospitals, not fake Hamas hospitals and everything else.
Speaker 2: What's what's his game?
Speaker 1: Demoralize the Ukrainians? I guess, although, as a couple of different wars have shown us, in particular World War Two, this sort of bombing of civilian populations does not reduce their resolve.
Speaker 2: It increases it, It hardens it.
Speaker 1: Whether it's the Battle of Britain and the blitz in London or the bombing of Dresden. The German people got more resolute because of that, we found out, so Germany goes. Nobody knows Germany's missiles that they've been supplying Ukraine travel over three hundred miles, which is well beyond Moscow. And as I said, he announced yesterday no more limitations on them where you can shoot those things, and they're going to send a whole bunch more of them.
Speaker 3: So this could be a major turning point in this this conflict. Where is Trump? That's well, you know, I don't forget, which analystized reading yesterday the balls and Trump's court, it absolutely is. Is he going to say, which they hinted at last week, that's it, you guys don't want peace, I'm out no more, and we back off and just get out of it, which would be a win for Russia or huge US. Or does he take this personally, which I'm hoping he does personally, because that's the angle I'm coming from. I hope he takes it personally, that that Russia's treating him like a punk, putin specifically treating him like a punk.
Speaker 1: I find it kind of scary that he's got a quote unquote ticket personally, but I think you're one hundred percent right. We'll see that there's no way to run America's foreign policy.
Speaker 3: But so we got some headlines on the way, we got some mail bag, we got some other news of the day, and there's lots of it because we are off for four entire days.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it was fantastic, mostly clarious. I'm mostly uh parented, which is fine. Yeah, that's what I signed up for.
Speaker 3: It relax. I wouldn't call it relaxing, but it was. It was satisfying. There you go, satisfying. It's a very satisfying week.
Speaker 1: That's where I'll go with had purpose right, Yes, the secret to a happy long exactly.
Speaker 3: Laid my head down on the pillow at night, feeling like I'd done what I was supposed to do, which is I on the other hand, which is what I'm sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt.
Speaker 1: There is a good thing, all right, absolutely, and I with my frivolous golf and food and cocktails and cards with friends. It was just terrible, just unsatisfying. I didnt zero for those things.
Speaker 3: So we got a lot of the way in our text line if you want to join in any time is four one five two KFTC.
Speaker 2: So Katie, Katie, the newslady is off for a couple of days. I forget what it is she doing, or maybe it's a secret. I don't know, but she is done.
Speaker 1: I just say she's off of then, don't mumble weird, but the nonspiratorial one.
Speaker 2: Rice, just something toward is happening. That is what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: I'm suggesting something on toward is happening. So Joe and I are just gonna hit you with a bunch of headlines from different sources mine or from the last four days, because there are things I want to talk about that have happened over the last four days, including gonna start with a stupid one. Ex flight attendant caught smuggling one hundred pounds of a deadly new drug. So this is the hot new drug that's made from human bones. Oh stop, it's called cush. So if your kids are talking about being on the cush, you're getting some cush. That's what they're talking about, the hot new drug made from human bones.
Speaker 2: What more on that later.
Speaker 1: My favorite stupid headline, Harvard professor I'm sorry, Harvard Fire's professor for fabricating research on dishonesty. She studied dishonesty dishonestly and.
Speaker 2: Got fired for it. That's pretty funny. What do you expect? All right?
Speaker 1: So headlines, you got Russia carrying out its largest ever drone missile struck on Ukraine. We talked about that, with more than three hundred five the explosive drones at least nine cruise missiles reigning over a Kiev. Yeah, and I already mentioned this, but just to give you the quote from the new German Chancellor over the weekend, there are no longer any rage restrictions range restrictions on weapons supplied Ukraine, not from the British, not from the French, not from US, and not.
Speaker 2: From the Americans either. He says.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he gets to speak for us, or if he'd already worked that out, but that's what he said.
Speaker 1: That is so interesting, what's going on in the White House behind the scenes. We will get more heavily into this story later, but it is amazing, horrifying. A crypto investor, this is a guy with a ton of money, was charged in Manhattan over the weekend with kidnapping and torturing a man in a bid to access his bitcoin wallet.
Speaker 2: He was over the course of several weeks.
Speaker 1: He was held in a luxury townhouse where he was beaten, electrocuted, and forced to take drugs and dangled over a high stairway at one point, And why is.
Speaker 3: This any different than like it couldna happen in any other rich dude in like saying give me your money or I'm gonna pluck your eyes out or whatever is the crypto thing and make it more likely that that happens.
Speaker 1: Yes, one hundred percent, because it's so quickly accessible and.
Speaker 2: Then untraceable you transfer it.
Speaker 1: You've got those little digits and there's not a paper trail like a bank.
Speaker 3: So you wouldn't be getting a diamond or a painting or cash that you can obviously trace.
Speaker 1: Right or you know, I think, yeah, now that I think about it, because my wife generally handles this sort of thing. But I mean, if you broke into my house and held a gun to my head and said I want your entire net.
Speaker 2: Worth, I'd be like, it's gonna take at least two weeks.
Speaker 1: I got all sorts of codes to enter and clearances, then I got to call somebody.
Speaker 2: Then they're gonna email me in.
Speaker 1: The Bible if you know how to access it, good for you, Yeah, no kidding it out for me. But with Bitcoin, I typed in the numbers. You have all of my money, so anyway, it's extremely attractive and you're seeing more and more of that. As we're discussing last week. This headline will lead to a conversation later. We have not talked about this at length. It's about the television show, the Netflix show Adolescence, and the headline from the Hill is toxic online content is poisoning boys minds. Congress must respond, this show's getting a ton of attention. I gotta watch it as a parent of a couple of boys, and I'll tell you how people are reacting to it coming up. It's something yeah, okay, I'll be interesting to hear this because my first exposure to the show and the commentary on it was saying that a lot of the criticism was coming from the left in a way that I found not compelling.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, but I don't know, I haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: And then this, I've got to admit I've been confused, perplexed, as other folks have that Trump seems to be harder on our allies than our adversaries at times in terms of trade agreements. But I read a great account of well, let me hit you with the headline. Trump delayed his unexpected threat to impose a fifty percent tariff on the European Union, pushing this decision back by a month after announcing it Friday, and so the stock market went back up again. Blah blah blahs were not going to hammer Europe with tariffs. But I read an explanation of it. It is so frustrating dealing with the EU because and if you're old enough to remember this, this was the criticism from the start.
Speaker 2: It's kind of a unit, the EU.
Speaker 1: It's kind of one thing, but it's actually a bunch of different countries with a bunch of different priorities and languages, and some of.
Speaker 2: Them don't like each other very much.
Speaker 1: And so you're trying to negotiate quote unquote with the EU, but their negotiators always have to say, I gotta go back because Germany and Frans don't agree on this, so I'll get back to you. And negotiating with him is just it's incredibly frustrating.
Speaker 3: Another headline we have to get to. Not important, but very fun. If you have a marriage where your wife physically shoves you around, don't have it caught on video. Why was French President Macron shoved in the face by his wife before they got off on the plane yesterday. Love that story, and we'll get to that among other things on the.
Speaker 2: Way Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: We do have a lot to catch up on after being off for four self indulgent days, including where we are on the Big Beautiful Bill, including on where we are in the Big Beautiful cover up, as that continues to be a story of hiding Joe Biden throughout his presidency and the Jake Tapper book and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: There are some new wrinkles there.
Speaker 1: It's funny, mediocre minds think alike. I have been surprised and gratified at the continued energy around that story. People are not content to let it lie and forget about it, because I think the more you hear, the more you realize, Wait a minute, we have a serious sickness in our system, our media specifically anyway.
Speaker 3: So it's graduation season, and particularly around colleges, it's the time of the year where self important liberals get invited to major universities to give speeches, and then the media covers them like a news event because they're saying the sort of thing that most of the media agrees with.
Speaker 2: That's what happens.
Speaker 3: Well described there are you know, people who lean right that go to colleges that lean right. The few that are, but they never make get a new news coverage, so you don't hear about them, including the President for instance. But here Joe mentioned this last week. I've seen this starting to burble up and get more attention. Where was which university? Was he speaking at.
Speaker 2: Wake Forest Wake Force in South Carolina, Carolina?
Speaker 3: I thought Weak Force was South Carolina and not unless it's moved, Okay, it doesn't really matter. It's you know, it's it's your your, it's your major figure of the left giving a lefty speech.
Speaker 2: But he went over the top.
Speaker 3: And one of the reasons it's so remarkable is he's on one of the most important news programs in the world, Sixty Minutes, which allegedly is trying to be you know, a nonpartisan, hit it down the middle sort of coverage.
Speaker 1: Or at the very least fair, just be fair. And a guy with this point of view can't be doing that. This is Scott Pelley speaking to college graduates.
Speaker 5: Power can rewrite history with grotesque false narratives. They can make criminals heroes and heroes criminals. Power can change the death of n of the words we use to describe reality. Diversity is now described as illegal, equity is to be shunned, Inclusion is.
Speaker 2: A dirty word. This is an old playbook, my friends. There's nothing new in this. We have another clip that I'm tempted to play.
Speaker 1: It's all about the fear, be very afraid, We're all in grave danger. Goes on and on, But that one really caught my ear because he claimed that the center and the right are trying to change the definitions of words, or say that they're no longer acceptable. Diversity, equity, and inclusion, which we all know exactly what they mean, and we all know they're wonderful. Those sickos on the right are trying to change what they mean, which is just unbelievable. Diversity, equity, and inclusion coming out of the mouths of a leftists mean nothing like you think they mean.
Speaker 2: It is a tool of capturing institutions, right man.
Speaker 3: The left is so good at this game, and they get to pull it off with the help of the compliant media. It's like what I was listening to an NPR today. They were discussing how Trump is trying to change the way we teach history in America. And all the things he's attacking. Well, you put it in there. What do the allages within the last ten years, what they teach in schools is not the same as what they taught in schools when I was a kid.
Speaker 2: You put stuff in there that a lot of us don't like.
Speaker 3: When Trump tries to take it out, that's not rewriting history. You rewrote history. He's trying to write it back to what it was before. UH sixty minutes anchor Scott Pelly ripped for angry unhinged commencement speech criticizing Trump. Now that's the New York Post's headline on that their version.
Speaker 2: Of it, but angry and unhinged is not far off.
Speaker 3: He said that the UH we should all be worried about the insidious sphere that has infiltrated schools, businesses, and homes across the nation, leaving America in a state of peril. The country needs you. The country that has given you so much is calling you. The class of twenty twenty five. Country needs you, and it needs you today the morning our sacred rule of law. This morning, our sacred rule of law is under attack. Journalism is under attack. Universities are under attack. Freedom of speech is under attack, and insidious fear is reaching throughout the schools and into our private thoughts.
Speaker 1: All right, boy, that is just absolutely classic. You spend all of your time and your career convincing people they need to be terrified when there's like two thirds of the country that's not at all, I mean, from mildly concerned to very interested.
Speaker 2: But no, we're not.
Speaker 1: Being torn apart by insidious fear at all, Scott.
Speaker 3: And the part right before that little clip about power that we just played you the fear to speak in America. If our government is, in Lincoln's phrase, of the people, by the people, for the people, then.
Speaker 2: Why are we afraid to speak? What the effort you talk about? Don't know?
Speaker 3: I assume he's referencing that Columbia student that got snatched up on the campus and that you.
Speaker 1: Were literally speaking about how you're afraid to speak. Do you see the irony there, Scott? Do I see the irony there?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Now, the New York Post says the speech was received with scattered, scant applause.
Speaker 2: That's the New York Post version. I don't know. I haven't actually listened. They might say that, and that might be true.
Speaker 3: Or it may be true, and it might be because everybody's barely paying attention and they just want to get out of there on.
Speaker 2: A hot day.
Speaker 3: How long is this going to last? As opposed to not enjoying what he had to say, but that that is, that is that is just craziness. It is just craziness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love the It reminds me so much of when Komy.
Speaker 1: Braefed the president, so then he could liake that leak that the president has.
Speaker 2: Been briefed on this Stele dossier.
Speaker 1: Well, so Scott Pelley and his brethren preached being terrified and in fear all the time, and then he goes to the graduation ceremony and breathlessly reports and.
Speaker 2: Everybody's really afraid. There's fear, in citious fear going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder where that in citious fear came from. It's the roughly third of the country that listens to you and beliefs your crap. Don't terrify them. Then report that they're terrified and act as if somebody else did it.
Speaker 3: Well, and as he stands up in front of a bunch of university kids and said, now is the moment your nation is calling on you with all the fear to speak out. Yeah, the fear to speak out for the past quite a while has been from anybody to the right on any college campus because you'll be a physically attacked and the university will do nothing about it. As long as you as long as you speak progressive stuff, you're safe. You speak anything the other side, you're physically not safe.
Speaker 2: But you didn't care about.
Speaker 1: That fear to speak out aspect, did you, Scott Pelly? You pampus asked, not for a second, did you worry about that? And just to double down on what you're saying. And it wasn't like the right half of ideology that was afraid to speak out.
Speaker 2: It was the right eighty percent.
Speaker 1: Anything outside of the most radical leftism had to keep its mouth shut on college campuses. And now Scott Pelley's preaching that people are afraid to speak out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god, he is a piece of ass.
Speaker 3: Freedom of speech is under attack, and insidious fear is reaching throughout our schools, our businesses, our homes and indoor private thoughts. What are you to hands shoe hans who's got insidious fear going in their business because they're afraid to speak or whatever. Now, maybe the tariffs have got you upset. I'll grant you that. Well, I'll tell you what that is, idiot, I'll tell you what that's driving that is. He believes diversity, equity and quality inequality means diversity, equity, inequality, that they mean those words inclusion, mean those words and not what they've twisted them to mean. And it's so that's what he's basing it on. So he is the useful idiot.
Speaker 1: He is the big, famous, pompous, useful idiot who doesn't understand neo Marxism. He just he thinks it's a moral ark. Well, I'll move on from this because we don't need to belabor it forever. But do you think do you think he doesn't know that college campuses are not a safe space? I hate that term for anybody to you know, on the right eighty percent? As you said, right, Yeah, does he not ignorate?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't think he's a knowledgeable, insidious activist. I think he is a pompous, rich, famous idiot, probably with big guns. Oh and tight shirts. Your shirt shrank in the dryer or something. It's very tight, very impressive for an older man. I'm very impressive for an older man. Yes, you pomp us pos.
Speaker 3: Well more right after this, armstrong and get here for trust and will get security and peace of mind by making it a state plan. Now, and you're thinking, well, how much work is that? Or where I do it? There's a website you can go to and you can do it yourself, and if you need help, they'll help you. And it's not near as art as you thought or near as expensive as you thought.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it will save you a whole bunch of money. Each will or trust is state specific, customized to your needs, and you can avoid the lengthy and expensive legal battles or the state deciding what happens to your assets if everything has to go into probate. Don't put your family through that.
Speaker 3: So you can create and manage a customer state plan on this website. Start that we're going to give you starting at one hundred and ninety nine dollars. Manage your truster will online with their easy to use website, and then they've got all kinds of customer support through chat, phone or email if you get stuck on any particular problem.
Speaker 1: Get twenty percent off of your estate plan documents by visiting trust and will dot com slash armstrong. That's trust and will dot com slash armstrong. I mean, you're already gonna save a bunch by using the site. You get twenty percent off of that trust and will dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to read up on this new drug made out of human bones called cush, because I like to be up on the.
Speaker 2: Hot new drug. It's no jenkom hey, Michael, Yeah, I was thinking the two might go together.
Speaker 3: Jencom is least a twenty year old reference, is it not? What what was jencom?
Speaker 2: Roughly?
Speaker 3: Broadly it Yeah, it was a drug, yeah, fermented poop. He was going to use the term feces like a biologist or something. You, on the other hand, used poop like you're a four year old. And it never existed, and it was an internet rumor and it didn't It was never real. I think cush is real, grinding up human bone.
Speaker 1: Round human bones. Why would you go to that much trouble for your drug? There are lots of drugs.
Speaker 3: Well, watch the video later and break it down second by second. But what's your hot take on Macron getting show in the face by his ninety.
Speaker 2: Year old wife. Well, he's a Frenchman.
Speaker 1: He probably had an affair right in front of her on the plane.
Speaker 2: She caught him bent over stewardess or whatever.
Speaker 1: And sorry that was indelicate, and and and and was giving him the beat down.
Speaker 3: That's what is what a funny video if you haven't seen it. They land in the big presidential plane wherever they're landing. The door opens with the door opens with just the worst timing for him. The door opens with all the cameras to watch the French president walk down the stairs right when she shoves her hands and his face, pushing him backwards.
Speaker 2: Bad timing for him, bad look for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what they're they're a fiery longtime power couple.
Speaker 2: They're sick of the stress and the travel.
Speaker 1: And they were squabbling and she gave him a hand in the face, caught by cameras. They said it was a joke. They were joking. They were playing uh uh, you know, way you don't play that.
Speaker 2: Game where where Judy shoves you in the face.
Speaker 1: No, and front of you know, if they're twenty somethings at like a Memorial Day barbecue and they're playing and everybody's had some beers and they're being silly.
Speaker 2: Okay, I could believe that.
Speaker 1: But a couple as old as they are about to get off a plane, she's shoved them hard in the face.
Speaker 2: Now they're on a fight.
Speaker 3: Well, when he was a twenty something, she was a fifty something, So they're different brackets.
Speaker 2: There, right, So she's ninety year old one.
Speaker 3: We've got a mail bag coming up, among other things. Stay here, hey, I just saw the video of the cheese rolling contest they had in England over the weekend. Guy who's won back to back years. Holy crap, does he sacrifice his body for that? If you're willing to break all your bones and maybe die, you can win that competition.
Speaker 1: I mean, gravity is on your side, well until you hit the ground. Every year when they show the quote unquote highlights of that, I am struck by the incredible violence of it.
Speaker 3: Have you ever watched that Netflix video with the girl who won seven times?
Speaker 2: Oh it's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, she's battered like she was way her shoulder sticks up at a funny angle from the voice.
Speaker 2: She smashed it.
Speaker 1: She's chasing contest. Damn, you gotta want it. So here's your freedom loving quote of the day. I came across a couple of I love. They're of no particular theme. I just thought they were interesting. This one is as a baseball fan, Gene Mack, the Great manager, losing streaks are funny. If you lose at the beginning, you got off to a bad start. If you lose in the middle of the season, you're in a slump. If you lose at the end, you're choking. And you know, as a non baseball fan, I think you can still appreciate that. That the nature And I had a great conversation with a friend about this just yesterday. The nature of success and failure and perseverance. I mean, we oughtit like that ought to be a third of everything we teach kids as youngsters. Perseverance, reading, writing, good manners, and perseverance.
Speaker 3: I'm teaching my kids if you're struggling, figure out who is to blame for holding you back and focus on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, mail white straight men, Yeah, oh definitely, yes, we as a class of people are intent on holding you back.
Speaker 2: Just know that mailbag, drop us.
Speaker 1: A note mail bag at Armstrong and getty dot com. First of all, this is a bit of an aside, but last week we were talking about Gaviy Newsom's tantrum against the beautiful town of Turlock, California, and how he was trying to scapegoat the mayor there for insisting that there be accountability for the zillions of dollars spent on quote unquote homeless problems, which is just handouts for transient drug addicts, and the mayor, Amy bou Black, said, no, we're not going to sign off on this.
Speaker 2: This is irresponse, and so.
Speaker 1: Gavin tried to turn her into a monster and him into this hero of trying to battle homelessness. Anyway, as a recap, well her honor the mayor herself rights, gentlemen, thank you for taking the time in your show to discuss Gavin's tantrum with our city Turlock.
Speaker 2: Thanks to your show, I've.
Speaker 1: Reconnected with a few people from my past. I appreciate what you two do, So we appreciate what you do. Amy, You've got some real guts, sweetheart. I appreciate what we do also, Yes, well done. Moving along the frequent correspondent honorary co host of the show, at least during mailbag, JT and livermore similar to how only Nixon could go to China. Our country will never address our debt and deficit problems until the left is willing to legitimately participate and lead the way. Only the left can go to fiscal sanity. The right share as hell isn't, which we'll talk about more later.
Speaker 2: But the reason is simple.
Speaker 1: It's just too easy for the left to demagogue every effort by Republicans to reign in spending. For decades, social security was the third rail upon politics. Remember not too many years ago, the GOP threw in the towel and yelled vociferously and vehemently against accusations by the left that the GOP were going to cut entitlements. I remember that during the State of the Union, you drew great attention to that turning point in American history at the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, perspective, as Kevin.
Speaker 3: McCarthy said, whoaha, whoa, whoah, how dare you claim we're going to cut entitlements?
Speaker 2: Whoa Yeah.
Speaker 1: More recently, with Doge flagging billions of dollars of waste fraud and abuse, the left took the side of waste fraud and abuse. Any effort by Trump and the GOP to cut the waste frauden abuse of being met with in Medicare louder voices about how healthcare is going to be taken away from millions of poor Americans. By contrast, when a Democrat was willing to reform welfare, it was done.
Speaker 3: That is probably true the Nixon China references. Nixon, because he had built decades of credibility as an anti communist, could go to China and you didn't have to worry nobody.
Speaker 2: He had to worry that he was, you know, soft on communism.
Speaker 3: If the Democrats stood up and said we are spending too much, that would get everybody's attention.
Speaker 1: Demagoguing cuts to entitlements or even legitimate cuts to waste, fraud, and abuse that nobody could defend is just too powerful, too easy, and too effective for the right to overcome.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk about the excellent point, big beautiful build. It's on its way to the Senate. Coming up a little bit later. The horrendous, hateful, horror.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, there's the cheese rolling video again. How did that guy not break his neck?
Speaker 3: It's just luck, It's just look, you can't land on your neck that many times.
Speaker 2: He's just not be paralyzed. They carried him off he's got the cheese in his hands, but they carried him off.
Speaker 1: Normally this might not make their grade. But this note from Dennis and Lincoln has to do with eating chicken, which we were just discussing.
Speaker 2: June issue of.
Speaker 1: The Atlantic has a very interesting article titled How the Chicken Sandwich Conquered America I thought you would enjoy. For example, in the last five years, chicken sandwich consumption increased by twenty percent, while burger consumption dropped by three percent.
Speaker 2: Kidding or indicative.
Speaker 1: Over that same period, twenty eight hundred fast food or fast casual spots devoted to chicken opened, twelve hundred burger joints closed. Behold the humble Chicken.
Speaker 3: I was at Kentucky Fried Chicken on Saturday. Long story, won't get into it. I didn't eat My son ate. He ordered chicken tenders, water, no sides, twenty eight dollars. Twenty eight dollars the Kentucky for chick for the tenders. I said, are you sure that's right? He said, yeah, it's expensive to eat here. The guy buying the counter said he's empty. Also inflation Man, inflation, Armstrong and Getty