Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Jim Staneveek along with Carol Master. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We've got normal Inta with us from Bloomberg Television. She's markets reporter for Bloomberg TV.
Speaker 1: We got to start with Micron because this is certainly one that has caught our attention here in the aftermarket, and that was a market focus.
Speaker 4: I feel like all week.
Speaker 1: Leading up to today, and we did see a big move in the aftermarket.
Speaker 5: A big move that we're seeing the aftermarket. We're seeing shares up double digits in the postmarket trade. Now, this is the company that delivered a sales forecast that topped estimates, and of course we know that the forecasts really shattering estimates across Wall Street. As we think about this in satiable AI demand, there's been so much demand for artificial intelligence. You've been seeing so many companies in the tech space making out more and more money as everyone's just trying to rush through this artificial intelligence race and seeing who ends up on the other side as a winner. And certainly you're seeing investors betting on the fact that they think that this report from Micron, not only the report itself being strong, but just thinking about the forward outlook really underscoring a lot of optimism for Wall Street traders.
Speaker 1: Can I just say nasdak MANI, NASZUAK one hundred many futures up about one point four percent here in the aftermark.
Speaker 3: But before we get to the Nasdaq trading tomorrow, we get to the South Korean market opening later. Great Point, and our own Christina Quino writing on the Market's live blog, the question is is this enough of a good omen for the costspeed. The big question is whether Micron's earning surprise and postmarket boost will be enough to ward off this week's still drums. Remember we woke up Monday morning to a big sell off Monday or too, I don't even remember what. I woke up one day this week and stocks had sold off in South Korea and it was these Memory stocks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, and videos up about seven tents percent.
Speaker 1: But I do wonder if the market's going to kind of separate, you know, certainly be between some of the different players, even within the same group.
Speaker 4: So all right, Micron's soaring. Where do you want to go next?
Speaker 5: I want to talk about home builders tick her S one and five home. The indent was doing pretty well looking at the group, climbing about six percent to end the day. Now, the biggest gainer in the index was KB Home. They did separately report earning, so that's why they got a boost. They rose seventeen percent. But while we were seeing the reason we were seeing a broad based rally is because of the fact that Congress approved a broad housing package aimed at lowering housing the cost of housing, and we also deceive following treasury yields of raising hopes in terms of the relief for mortgage rates. But we do know that President Donald Trump was saying that he's canceling his plans to sign the bill into lawmakers pass a voting legislation, so that kind of is putting a bit of the fate of the legislation in question. But certainly you're seeing investors at least buying into homebuilders and seeing a positive trajectory.
Speaker 1: No, it says to me politics, but we'll keep an eye certainly on that sector.
Speaker 4: All right, we.
Speaker 3: Should talk rights real quick. To the thirty year treasure yield fall fell ten basis points on the day to four point eight four percent.
Speaker 1: Right, and so, and that really plays into what you've seen, and certainly the mortgage market.
Speaker 4: It's a really important thing. All right. So we covered home builders, we covered micro We want to go to Wendy's.
Speaker 2: Yes, hi about lung fire.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about lunch. Though, I haven't been there in a while. Do you miss the Frosty's though, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've not been there in a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, used to love it was the only place it was likely.
Speaker 4: Chicken nuggets were quite good at Wendy's. Yeah, he used to love the chili.
Speaker 5: Oh that you said the chicken nuggets.
Speaker 4: No chicken nuggets. I'm a really embarrassed. But I like the met McDonald's. I used to love a little you know, what is the kid's meal?
Speaker 5: That's honesty, happy meal?
Speaker 4: What's that to love?
Speaker 1: Happy meal with a little toy with a smile on your face, a little bit of fries, a little bit of chicken nuggets.
Speaker 5: Well, it's now a meme. Stock We're looking at shares of Wendy's jumping more than twenty percent in the day, best day since twenty twenty one. It's the same story we've been seeing over and over with the memestock media. So you're seeing a lot of retail traders online chatting about the fact that they really want to drive up the stock, especially if you think about the short covering that comes alongside that. We did see high short interest on the stock with about twenty four percent of the float really in focus here, So you did see a pretty strong gain on the day as people are really digesting whether or not this is something that's actually going to last. We know most times it doesn't, she.
Speaker 3: Said, digesting what I'm talking about that, you know, and I didn't even catch that.
Speaker 5: Now there we go.
Speaker 4: Nice, nice job.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android auto with the Bloomberg Business app.