Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 4: This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wingstuck, where Flavor gets its wings.
Speaker 3: Now your hosts Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon.
Speaker 5: Gross Thursday, Welcome to the show boy, if we already got it before we got there, You're looking live at Tostitos Championship Plaza outside Ford Center at the Star of Frisco, Texas, where it's gonna surprise, It's gonna storm again.
Speaker 4: Seventy four degrees, the highest eighty three, the is seventy one.
Speaker 2: He is sinning. That is Nate. We are out without our boy Kirt today in the back keeping us on the air is Chris. I am Zaddi Holly. Together we make Hanging with the Boy the sports talk equivalent of brail. People feel us when we speak, Yes, they do.
Speaker 6: Brought to you each and every day by Wingstop Work. Flavor gets it Wei.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's like this in the rest of the country, And you guys tell me if I'm just making this up.
Speaker 6: The weather here, they're making it up and a half. The weather has been ridiculous.
Speaker 4: There have been more hailstorms and more tornadoes come through here, like usually Oklahoma gets all that.
Speaker 6: We've been getting this though. There's been what five six.
Speaker 4: Hailstorms in Plano Frisco area in the last six months.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's ridiculous. And another one's coming through today. It's I don't know what's going on with the atmosphere.
Speaker 2: I mean, at least you're finally getting like full full worth of your insurance, because sometimes you pay insurance nothing never happens. But now you're you're actually can put a couple of claims in.
Speaker 7: And uh they're called they're.
Speaker 6: Called acts of God.
Speaker 4: And supposedly your premium doesn't go up for an active God. But what happens is that a lot the area that's around you, your your claims are depending on how many claims are filed around you. So you cannot even file a claim in yourmium will go up because everybody else is filing Lightning like, so if you if you got hell damage, go get it fixed because it's gonna go anyway.
Speaker 2: Lightning struck my crib like or around my crib. They said, I had the thing that they're supposed to like absorb the lightning whatever. It knocked out my a c It knocked out light fixtures and knocked out I had to get to get a c fixed. How to get light fixtures fixed? I had to get a new garage. Uh deal, I had to get a bunch of stuff. No, they so they put the breakers in on my AC. Put the breakers in on my AC. Now that was an additional cost that they added in there. But no, I didn't have it on there before.
Speaker 6: Wow. I would have skipped that because if you get struck by likening twice.
Speaker 2: Or I'm gonna go ahead and put that in.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 6: You just talked about the weather here, it could likely happen.
Speaker 2: It could likely happen.
Speaker 4: It's been wow man, So stay safe, everybody stay safe.
Speaker 6: There's a storm bruin in here too.
Speaker 4: We got Jesse up before the shows.
Speaker 2: You let me tell you how that.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you how that went. Jesse walks in.
Speaker 8: We give our normal you brother, how you doing, brother? And I said, you know it's yes, not today. I just don't want to talk about back in the day.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 4: From that point and then and then Chris goes, let me let me ask you something.
Speaker 6: Are you guys ready to go?
Speaker 2: Let me ask you something.
Speaker 6: That's why we were five minutes late. And then and then here goes Jesse, whoa.
Speaker 4: Chris is like a, let's get go. So Mike is back in town, is he? Yeah, he's been at the Baths games. So we won't we won't go down that road.
Speaker 1: We'll talk. Why why is.
Speaker 8: It not Micah's in town and he's at practice?
Speaker 6: Because we don't see him at practice.
Speaker 2: He said coming, he said he's coming. Uh was it next week? I don't know the next one?
Speaker 1: That's next weeks?
Speaker 6: Money? Most players don't like to give them money for free.
Speaker 8: This is amazing, This is amazing. We cannot get him at practice. That's good. I mean, hey, whatever, whatever. And then all of a sudden, Mavericks, Hey, there's there. There he is, he's in town, but he's not.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, team player, you want to think about him. He's a team player.
Speaker 6: You want to see him on the field, right, he had just even.
Speaker 8: If you know what this is what I about these o t as.
Speaker 1: Were you a great player like he is, you don't have to practice.
Speaker 8: You can just walk out there that that's that's the luxury of being the man, the guy.
Speaker 1: You can just walk out there.
Speaker 8: Like sometimes it won't even practice, iman just walk out there. But we always felt okay, and it is a part of you know what I'm saying. So, but I don't know how that works. I'm not a new guy with new thoughts. So if you want to text Jesse ex Jessey to tell me, I would accept.
Speaker 1: That just is something wrong? How do we accept? I don't know. I'm not a new guy.
Speaker 2: You know, it's times have changed. We must we must adjust to the times. And that's just that's just what it is. And more guys do their own things in the off season. The only and I have to tread lightly on the mica A topic because I don't want you're no smoke with anybody, please, I wouldn't no smoke, but we do. We have to tread lightly in how the new athlete is projected because times have changed. But when you talk about leadership, right, when you talk about that portion of it, and I don't get into people's contracts and who holds out who's not. But if the thing that you talked about the most was that you had to be a better leader. You're not off to a great start. That's just my opinion. If the thing that you talk about you have to be better at, you know, talked about his energy has to be better, he has to have more in the reserve, and you're talking about leadership and with everything that comes along with that. You're not off to a great start when you don't show up to things that give you an opportunity to practice leadership, to put leadership things in place. And I get that there's text and all that kind of stuff, cool whatever, But the fact of the matter is the leadership that you need is not via text, is not at the basketball game. And I'm not saying that you guys can't go and enjoy themselves, please, but all me is to see off season, you're allowed to enjoy yourself. But if you come out of your mouth and talk about you have to be a better leader for your team and the first at bat that you have to step into the box and to hit a home run in leadership, you say I'm good, I'll see y'all, when when it's mandatory to me swinging a miss.
Speaker 6: Yeah all right, So this is a little bit deeper question.
Speaker 4: Okay, this isn't directed at Micah, And I think I think.
Speaker 6: Leadership a quality of value. Equality of leadership.
Speaker 4: Is always going to be showing up and being there and be in leading through example. Right, this isn't directed at Micah, But we talk about today's athletes change, right, the new generation is changed, they're different. Does that in some way is now to be a leader because leadership has always been work hard, lead by example, do what you need to.
Speaker 6: Do, speak need, and then the other things that kind of trickle down.
Speaker 4: I think the core values of leadership are still work ethic, showing up, being there for your guys, but then the other little nuances and other things that you just kind of learned and absorbed from being around has Maybe is leadership changing because the people you're leading are changing, and maybe they don't react to the old school leaders kind of like the coaches. Now, you know, you got old school coaches, new school coaches. So this is more of like a I guess kind of a generational thing. Is No, do you lead different now because people are different?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, okay.
Speaker 8: The big part of leadership is all of those things you said, but knowing your guys and you have to be there to know you can. That's the show up part.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So if you know we.
Speaker 8: Had guys on our team that were finicky, you know they they they just didn't respond to the holland the cussing. They were finicky guys. But Mike Irvin knew that. Troy until a certain point knew that. And so when they when they walked up to you, like, if you cussed that Leon, let you lost them. If I'm talking about in an angry way, now, I didn't joking in the locker room. If you walk with you suck, you're automatic.
Speaker 1: He shuts.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: So it's like when Mike, Troy Holland.
Speaker 8: And Leon Lemon holler at let me, you know, Nate, They'll just come right at me because they knew I didn't care. I just wanted the message, whatever it may be, and higher ever it may come.
Speaker 1: You have to be.
Speaker 8: Here in order to build relationships to know what that leadership is. Now, some guys don't even care if you never show up. They just say on Sundays, do your job. Some guys need to be like, what coach, how does he always exempt? I mean, you can't always say something as a as a little tier player, can't always say something. But you know, how can the coach just keep coming at you because eventually you a man and you go, hold on, coach, this the eighth time, this dude is not did his assignment. And you can't come at me for one blown assignment out of sixty plays that ain't working today, coach. And once that, once the players starts shutting you out, you know that leadership that you thought you were is no good anymore now is wrong.
Speaker 6: You're absolutely right, Thank you old school.
Speaker 4: Now send my old school return.
Speaker 2: But I don't think leadership changes, it don't. I don't think that was my question. I don't think it changes like I think the core is the core, and yes there always are tinkering to different things. But this is the time where you build up your bank, right, This is the time where you know, you get sweat equity, you get hit, you know when when you see different things happen in the game, and I can kind of grab you by your face masks.
Speaker 6: And and you know it's from the right place.
Speaker 2: That's built out there, right, that's built Now, you know what I'm saying, because if you if I don't know you, you can't come at me like I can't you cannot. I don't care who you are, and I don't care how low the total pote I am. If we haven't built that the least for you to go off on me as a man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Has shortened.
Speaker 4: What do you think the percentage of alphas in a NFL locker room are? Because to get to that point, you gotta have some a little bit of dog in you, a little bit. Even if you're past it one hundred percent, you think everybody in there's an alpha to get to that level.
Speaker 2: There what you had to be, You had to be to certain degrees like to get to where you're at. To get to where you're at.
Speaker 8: It's so good you had to be. Let me tell yourself. It's some guys that was not drafted. Uh they number three, two and a half on on the start of list three.
Speaker 1: You cannot step to them.
Speaker 8: A man is a man now, And I'm being honest, like as nice as Jesse he'll be sometime it's I've seen certain things.
Speaker 1: I say, yes, it will not hear it. This is don't matter.
Speaker 8: Switch that's with you too. So it's certain and that's the leadership thirty years from now, forty years ago. You better know who you're talking to, because that dude that you thought that didn't matter can make can make it matter. Now he may get released, but you're gonna learn the value things to be. Like, you know what, I can't come to everybody with how I feel because I had a bad day because Dirt didn't signed my jersey.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, I just ain't about bike.
Speaker 2: That's Nate Newton, not Jesse put that out to clarify, to clarify that that was the other black guys, Chris kind of starting dudey version.
Speaker 6: That was the old school, not sitting with Hey, I now Jesse said that. Just man, by the way, Chris, send us some breaking news. Jaylen Waddle just agreed to three years eighty.
Speaker 4: Four point seventy five million, seventy six guaranteed.
Speaker 2: Every time I see a wide receiver deal get done, I just I just fat. Joe goes off in my head and it says, yesterday's price yep.
Speaker 9: But here's something that he's over there going, Yeah, I thought the price went up, but you know something, I averaged that out.
Speaker 1: It was only twenty eight a year, which I thought was low.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, but only but now see, he's gonna say, you can't give me twenty eight. Jayla Waddle has twenty eight and he's thirty thirty, the number two guy. Yeah, so he's like he's number two, he's the number two guys, Tyreek Hills, the number one guy. You can't get me nonumber two money, first team off pro. So every time you see these numbers and he goes, Okay, here's my basement, my basement set. My basement's twenty eight, twenty nine.
Speaker 4: He he just texts agent, the cool guy, abode you with nothing else.
Speaker 2: Just boom boom, We're good.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: The funny thing about all this signing and stuff, Uh, it's gonna get done, either now or somewhere else. It's gonna get done. And CEE CD is my CD signing.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing that and for for Dak, for CD, for Micah, right, that is the comfort and knowing, unless I die, will have a tint of straw fixed something.
Speaker 6: I'm getting paid.
Speaker 2: Yes, whether that's here in Dallas or somewhere else, well, one of the other thirty one other in the teams in the National Football that money is on the way. You can you can you can pretty much let the bank know that there are about to be some deposits coming in the next three hundred You know.
Speaker 1: You know what I like about that when you get to a certain level. And I didn't.
Speaker 8: I didn't always notice, but I do know it now. And I'm telling all of you moms and dads who kids are fortunate to go over that couple of million dollar mark or three million dollar mark. You know, you can go into the bank and negotiate interest how you want to. I didn't know that you can go in and say, you know what, I can guarantee you this amount of money and your whoever y'all people are.
Speaker 1: What can they guarantee me if I lock this money in for so long? Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 6: You you you.
Speaker 1: If they don't want to negotiate the bank, somebody will know, yeah you yeah, when you when you talk.
Speaker 6: Who knew I was going to get a financial lessons?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: You know brouh see Mountain. I mean, I blew all my money that high, But I.
Speaker 1: Wish I knew.
Speaker 4: By the way, you look good today supporting the FAM mood colors.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, but that's Jones High orange and green and college orange of green. In high school orange, man, I was fortunate.
Speaker 6: It's a good good color.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good color.
Speaker 6: So before we go to break tomorrow, why did you play for Miami?
Speaker 8: I wanted to pray for the universe in Miami, man, But I don't think they was really.
Speaker 1: Hot high the Dolphins.
Speaker 6: You know, the orange and green there.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like that, right, No, sir, not No Dolphins. Never. Never Cowboys for life, all my.
Speaker 6: Life, unless they would have paid you, and then you'd have been.
Speaker 1: Like, forget the you know.
Speaker 8: The best thing that happened to me was when the Washington dead Skins cut me.
Speaker 1: That was the best thing I ever had.
Speaker 2: Speaking of a quick Miami story, like when I got released from the Cowboys. On the phone my age and he's all right, you know, is there any teams in particular that you're looking at that you want to go to? I said, any team but Miami. And it wasn't because they were a bad football team.
Speaker 1: Because of the beach.
Speaker 2: I just couldn't. I couldn't go. I'm like, you can't put me in Miami with money.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna make this much and it's gonna last.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you cannot you ever heard.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go?
Speaker 2: You cannot put me in Mia, I said, anywhere but Miami, anywhere but Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Well you.
Speaker 4: So the marl of the story before we go to break is leadership probably changes, but the core values of leadership showing.
Speaker 6: Up action around leadership is an actionable.
Speaker 2: That a vert adjective. Actionable gotta be actionable. Just can't be talk. If your leadership doesn't have action behind it, tangible action behind it, would then it's just talk.
Speaker 4: And I think that's the big thing, because we're we're moving to a virtual society, right, We're moving to where everything's digital.
Speaker 6: And online and games and pads and phones.
Speaker 2: And this isn't a Mica thing now, this is a leadership overall. This is if you're looking to be a leader for your team. Whenever team it is like, you need to have it has to have action behind it. There needs to be boots on the ground, especially in team sports.
Speaker 4: And you know, I was gonna say sports, because everything else is going virtual, right, Sports is probably one of the it's going to be one of the last frontiers where you physically have to be there and be physically involved to make it work because of those reasons, because you're depending that in the military, you know, because you have to know what if you get in a situation, you got to know your guys good enough to know like, okay, this is where you got to be able to depend on each other. So those are probably two of the the last frontiers that you physically have to be present because everything else is going. You know, work's going virtual, friendships are going, relationships are going virtual, like it's I don't know, man, the virtual world that we could spend four hours and you know, go off on that, but you know, it's it's interesting just you know that leadership is still as much as everything else is changing and people are changing. That that's one of the things that you know is still left. You got you gotta be here, right unless it's voluntary and then you don't really have to be here.
Speaker 6: So all right, we'll be back on the next segment. Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 3: Fall is here, and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Late Yo Kiero but your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamoli made with real hals avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 6: Grab some today.
Speaker 10: Stars Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and ods with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 11: Seat Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are.
Speaker 6: So whether you're a diehard.
Speaker 11: Fan or a dog Rey Care fan, we got them next time fan or We'll never win Again fan, Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan, the seat Geek not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a Here of You Week fan or haven't been here in years. Fan seat geek has you covered? Download the sea Geek. After the seat Geek, You're a ticket the Great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 6: How's wing Stop sound?
Speaker 12: Crispy juicy, classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop branch, and of course spicy Cajun fried core. I think you've heard enough. Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 1: Back Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 6: Welcome back to the people show. Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 4: The second segment brought to you each and every day by blockchain dot Com. Thank you blockchain dot com. Well, we have some interesting conversations during the break.
Speaker 6: We talk about.
Speaker 1: Child support ninety nine.
Speaker 2: We can get you on that. We can get you on exclusive.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exclusive feed. We talk about AI. We talk about child support and we only have three minutes we and then we still had time to talk to Chris about other stuff. Football stuff.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Welcome back to the show. Interesting interesting topic. Leadership was kind of where we left off.
Speaker 6: Where we let off. By the way, go Stars, Go MAVs.
Speaker 4: It's it's fun to be a sports fan in Dallas. If you're if you're watching. I wonder how many what percentage of our Cowboys followers are.
Speaker 6: MAVs are Stars fans?
Speaker 1: Probably all of them, because.
Speaker 8: Dallas has always been if you win, we support, and so I'm telling you rang your fans. I'm excuse me, excuse me, Stars fans. Can you know I'll sell this playoffs team because they it'll pay for next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll pay for next year.
Speaker 8: So in the MAVs, I am not a Maverick fan, but boy, oh, what.
Speaker 1: Do you go to Luca things?
Speaker 6: What are you going to do when they meet?
Speaker 1: What am I gonna do?
Speaker 6: The ship?
Speaker 1: I don't play. I don't know.
Speaker 6: What I'm gonna do. Is gonna be cheering for my Celtics.
Speaker 2: That's like my man, I can I tell you what, which question of that?
Speaker 6: Would you wear Celtics? Do you own Celtics?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 1: I don't. I bear their own Cowboy because it's free.
Speaker 2: You brought on from Michael He got a setic jersey, know he does?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Jason Tatum, Yeah, he wore it to the Boston Celtic game.
Speaker 1: Wow, Michael, get me one. No, did he wear it to the the Sixers game?
Speaker 2: No, he had the Sixer jersey as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he got probably every jersey of every team.
Speaker 2: And it's those first one. Yeah, he has.
Speaker 6: That's his thing. Man, do you own any Do you own any? You own some Yankees gear?
Speaker 1: Right? Hat? Hat?
Speaker 6: But that's not but you don't wear hat but yeah, that's a different. You have a lot of hat not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a different. Doesn't wear hats like remember but as a semi not old dude, like not old guy. I come from the culture of hats being a fastened state, right right, So like the colors get like that, the new blue Yankee is like it's it's it's in my culture. It's the equivalent of having a black suit. Like a black suit goes with anything.
Speaker 6: Right right.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You go to a funeral, go to a wedge, and go to a job interview, that's the blue Yankee fit. It the blue Yankee fit. It was, It's a staple. It goes with any outfit, any color, and so especially if.
Speaker 4: It happens to match your your college colors, like the Tar Hill blue that they come out with.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that helps then it's multi facetting.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But but the Yankee blue, the Yankee blue fitted, Yeah, there isn't. There isn't a color that doesn't go with that. Yeah, that with brown anything like it's almost it's it's.
Speaker 4: But do you own any other gear of any other teams besides I guess teams you played for?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I own like a would you ever wear Would you ever wear another man's jersey?
Speaker 2: Never?
Speaker 1: Never?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 6: That's me to do you wouldn't do it, that's me to do.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Even back in the day when the Celtics were rolling the Robert.
Speaker 1: Parrish and him to death, met him, great man Bill.
Speaker 6: Did you ever meet Bill Walton?
Speaker 1: No? No, great Bill wall No I didn't No man, Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, nope, couldn't do it. Chris. Do you own another man's jersey?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 8: I do, put it up on the wall. That's one thing we talking about wearing it, about putting it up on the Yeah, you can put up on the Cowboys or other other.
Speaker 4: I don't have any Cowboy jerseys really, So what jerseys do you own?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 6: I have Blackhawks jersey. I have a Connor Badar jersey. I have a Patrick Kine jersey. Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: And then when I was growing up, I was a catcher in the eighties and I have number eight Gary Carter jersey.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, expos or no Mets.
Speaker 1: I was a Mets fan.
Speaker 4: Growing Okay, all right, well there you go jersey talk. So all right, question for you guys, heard heard some What are you laughing at?
Speaker 1: Jersey talking? That's pretty good. You broke that. Pretty nice.
Speaker 4: We'll see Nate and his Celtic jersey when Oh, back to the Luca thing.
Speaker 6: Is he the most clutched guy in the NBA right now? That do cole him and Kyrie together?
Speaker 1: I am not no Luca fan, but that dude that is cold.
Speaker 6: Right right now? Is he the most clutched? It's fun to watch he either.
Speaker 8: Gonna crowd on the clutch shot he gonna just make it, because.
Speaker 4: It would be so much better to watch him if he didn't complain about every shot.
Speaker 6: He's hard to watch sometimes. Tim the Tim Duncan of modern day basketball.
Speaker 4: Everything is is a foul, Everything is a It bothers me.
Speaker 1: Why is our basketball expert going.
Speaker 8: Quiet on us against the team up north? That that last game where he got the tech. It was it the last game where he got the tech against the team up north, the team up North Oklahoma. Yeah, okay, one of them games. You gotta tech right early in the game, and I saw go to the real I say, I have something to say. Please without text. I mean, you can say what you want. I'm telling he's gonna either clutch up on it. He's gonna either complain up on one. He's just gonna get mad and it's gonna happen. So he cold, man, he's legit. He's cold, legit.
Speaker 6: Who's your team right now?
Speaker 2: I'm going for the I'm going for the mass.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, he's lying. He's being kind of quiet.
Speaker 2: He's quiet kind No, I was letting y'all get that, get you'all stuff off. Looking legit like that, dude. I'm telling you, man, he's in your conversation. You hat one player the league like he's in that.
Speaker 6: Who do you think and that and that we're.
Speaker 4: Going off on basketball talk, but whatever. Who do you think the NBA is going to promote as the face of.
Speaker 2: The league an American player?
Speaker 6: That's who you think is gonna be. You think they're making a push for Anthony Edwards to be the face of the league.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 6: I love his attitude, I love the way he's can.
Speaker 2: They wanted it to be John Morant, but.
Speaker 6: Too many, too many issues because Lebron's on the way out.
Speaker 2: Lebron on their way out. But like the league loved the promotion of Joker wemby Luca because they're continually trying to grow their international game. It's working, but you gotta have an American born player be the like. You don't have to have it. But I would think sponsorship, I would think viewership. What would be more happy if it was an American born player. Yeah, it's just it's just it's easier to sell. It's easier to sell. The markets are here, Like you know what I'm saying, Because like as great as we think Luca is, I think sometimes we we already think Texas is his own country. You know what I'm saying, We think Texas own ye know, I don't like Texas. The only place that I know that has like the Texas the Texas national anthem that they do in school, you have the Texas flag that you do the right, Like I've never heard that anywhere else, Like not in Jersey not North Carolina, not in Ohio, nowhere, but outside of Texas, if you're not a sports fan, I don't think you recognize Luca as great as we do here in Texas and so. And that's part of that is because you know, there is no college that he went to here. There's no roots here that that connects people outside of this state and outside of like the basketball fandom that you can kind of help root for him, you know what I mean. Guys like you know Anthony Edwards. If you're a Georgia Bulldog fan, you know whore Anthony Edwards is. You come from that culture. If you're a college basketball fan, you know that. So I think they will prefer to have an American born player. But I mean the joker three MVPs out of the last four Luca and the six years in the league, I think five times First Team All Pro. So I mean these are the guys Giannis MVP champion, Winby should have been Defensive Player of the Year this year, will probably be Defensive Player the Year next year. And beyond what he can do with his skill set, they got another kid that's coming out from France to another seven foot that's coming out this this upcoming draft. So it's it's a lot of the European players are playing well, but you still have Anthony Edwards to Jason Tatum's Shaane Gilders. He's a Canadian though, Yeah so, but hopefully John Morant comes back around and you know, starts acting right, get.
Speaker 6: His stuff together. Yeah, that's an interesting thing.
Speaker 4: That's one thing that NBA does really well, and it's it's kind of a byproduct of the actual the sport itself, because basketball is you can say, it's more of an individual sport. You know, it's a more you can have one superstar on the team. Football, you can have a superstar on the team, but you gotta have a lot of help to win a championship. NBA you gotta have help, but you can you know.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, one guy can take over a game in the NBA, right, right, you can have Luca go off, I mean and score twenty five straight points, right and help you win a game, you know what I mean, Or have a quarter where he scored I mean, we see in the playoffs he can score fourteen to fifteen points in the quarter, or Kyrie go off in the quarter and win a game. And in the NFL. You know, having a superstar quarterback is kind of becoming, not becoming. It's always been necessarily. You gotta have a quarterback.
Speaker 6: You gotta have somebody to block, you gotta have somebody that catches it.
Speaker 2: But there were times in the league where, like you know, you go with the great Baltimore Defense is or the Chicago Bears defense, those type of teams. You know, it'd be like, hey, listen, get us thirteen points. Yeah, if you get us thirteen, don't turn it over and don't turn the ball over. Got you take care of the rest. We may even give you an extra touchdown. You know what I'm saying from what we do now in this league. If you don't have the Patrick Mahomes types, you know what I mean? Like that that limits what you can do. I don't care what you got around you. If you don't have that.
Speaker 1: Did you put plural on that type?
Speaker 2: I did, because it should be a type. Yeah, you gotta have like that guy. You gotta have, you know, Aaron Rodgers and his problem. You have like those type of guys. That guy is in a planet of his own. But guys like that to give you a chance, we can if you don't put it like this. If your quarterback isn't a top ten quarterback in this league, you can you can pretty much chalk it up that you're not going to hoist the Lombardy in this league.
Speaker 6: I've had that debate before.
Speaker 1: Big injury is the only way you get there. Big injuries.
Speaker 6: The French player you're talking about is Alex Sar.
Speaker 4: Sorry, yes, but it would be my point to circle back around was the NBA does a really good job of they can take you and make you the face of the NBA league.
Speaker 6: Can the NFL does that? Only that doesn't do it properly?
Speaker 2: Is MLB. It's the dumbest thing in the world, the dumbest thing. Mike Trout for a long time with the best baseball player on the face of this.
Speaker 1: Earth, and even I know, make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: You can't even you don't even know.
Speaker 6: You don't even see his face.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, show hey, like this is a guy should be an international superstar. You got one Sodo in New York, you got he just got hurt. But you got a Kunya Junior.
Speaker 6: And I mean you have they should be household names.
Speaker 2: This should be marketed. The MLB is the only league that just goes, ah, we're good, Like they won't market their star players.
Speaker 4: You know who, people probably know his name more than their star players, the umpire Angel Hernandez.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's retiring, like you know, like you know you got god price. I mean there are names upon name like there and there's so many storylines that you can that you can push to have these guys to be you know, household names across to and it's not like football football. The the disadvantage of being a football player now I don't care what team you play for, is you wear a helmet. For just about every single player that you're actually being televised, you're you have a helmet on.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, Like if.
Speaker 2: MLB you don't have a helmet, Basketball on help like all the other sports. Hockey have a helmet on, but the other major sports you don't have a helmet. There's nothing that is stopping the visual. The visual of who you are sell it. Sell sell some dude being handsome, sell them dude. In addition to him being a superstar. Hell do what the WNBA is doing right now? Whoever, whoever's the rebrand of the w n b A because y'all selling sex. Y'all all selling sex right now to WNBA. But one hundred percent the thing about it is no more Britney grinders are the face of the league. It's it's the fine, fine women of the face of the league now w n b A.
Speaker 1: They are.
Speaker 2: They are broadcasting that religiously. You can't see enough of. If they showed me, if they show me Cam and Brinke one more time, beautiful La Sparks, they showed me, I mean, Angel Reason and and and some beautiful women that they are pushing and I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: But they're ballers too.
Speaker 2: That's the good part about it that they're actually on the court. They're hoopers. They're real life hoopers. So they're they're like, we don't we we're But their outfits have changed. Their outfits have changed. If you watched them walking in now, they ain't walking into big sweats and T shirts.
Speaker 6: It's a fashion show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they walking in the heels and skirts and and and bosoms is showing.
Speaker 8: You can thank Emmitt for the helmet deal because every time I think it's our first Super Bowl the second Super Bowl in running out there, every time he scored.
Speaker 1: He took off his helmet and next year it was illegal to.
Speaker 6: Take off you it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, I mean thanks Missus Jones. You've for it too.
Speaker 4: All right, let's take our last break. When we come back, maybe some football, maybe not, we'll see six.
Speaker 13: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 2: A fresh down who looks white.
Speaker 6: It's not there. He escape flapped. He'll run for a punch down.
Speaker 1: Just like football.
Speaker 13: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 6: Preus Scott's gonna run this himself.
Speaker 2: Run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 13: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 6: What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com. How's wing stop sound?
Speaker 12: Christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed, tossed in those eleven soul satisfying flavors, paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard blue cheese or signature wingstop branch, and of course spicy Cajun fried course. I think you've heard enough. Get your flavor delivered at westop dot com.
Speaker 11: Seed Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a dog with a care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The Sea Geek not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here every week fan or haven't been here in years fan, see Geek has you covered. Download the Sea Geek After the seed Geek. You're a ticket the Great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 6: James right here.
Speaker 14: You're a twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. Do you know how much I love my Cowboys and I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fan to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallas Cowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 6: Enter today.
Speaker 1: Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 6: Welcome back to the final segment. Hanging with the Boys, brought to you each and every day.
Speaker 4: By Jigsaw, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: We just gotta We just talked about affair a picture getting throwed out of a game, throwing his gloves up in.
Speaker 1: There, and Jesse. Guess what Jesse said.
Speaker 2: I did not say. I did not say, get him, say Nate, don't do that, don't do that.
Speaker 4: I said, he's just trying to get something going it he he just trying to get it going.
Speaker 6: Look at it.
Speaker 2: They'll they'll they'll stop it to go well, Jesse said, they'll stop it, stop the clip, and then they'll pay it again.
Speaker 6: When he said what it was actually said, see looks all right. Question for you guys.
Speaker 4: NFL p A is proposing eliminating voluntary on field practices during the off season.
Speaker 2: We're getting further and further away from actually damn playing football, But go ahead.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, No, you are going to add another but starting training camp a week earlier.
Speaker 6: What do you think about that?
Speaker 8: It's just what Chris said, It's all about that eighteenth game.
Speaker 1: It's not about.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're negotiating eight games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's all about christ how soon before?
Speaker 6: This is NASCAR and you just play year round. It ain't gonna have you get three weeks off, three months off the rest.
Speaker 8: Because they already controlled the Yeah, and they already Yeah.
Speaker 6: Maybe you have a first half no team and wouldn't hold up. Bro, there's no way.
Speaker 2: The bodies.
Speaker 4: But I mean, we're bio engineering is getting better and better. You know when we go to this AI world, I mean, there's not gonna be real bodies out there anyone in the simulation.
Speaker 6: Dude, where are you?
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 6: This stuff? Man, it's because may be plugged down to tell tell.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll know a better about the right rite four.
Speaker 6: I may be plugged in. I may be plugged in.
Speaker 4: You never know to say a step scary, man's scary.
Speaker 1: Come over with your kid, ain't even yours.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: That's a possibility in real life too, right, whoa anybody?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: But but that's what the NFL is like the NFL. Unfortunately, the nfl PA for the National Football League might be might be one of the worst players associations in all the professional sports.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not from a player's perspective play and that's what they're supposed to do is protect the player, correct.
Speaker 2: But boy do we get shafted every time we go to the table. Every time we go to the table, and and and the NFL just sits back because the last go around it was the marijuana. Right, Oh, you don't want you don't want to test marijuana. No more cool? We need another game, Oh y'all don't want okay, So no marijuana, y'all don't want that. That other preseason game.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, no problem.
Speaker 2: We won another game because we need to. We want the revenue. We had another game. There's more sponsorship, there's more time we can sell that.
Speaker 1: And we get y'all a half a point. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And so now when the NFLPA comes back and they're like, hey, you know the time frame between this and training camp injuries and no, no, first of all, gods don't want to stay in shape that long, right, God don't God don't want to have to work to stay in shape for that five weeks that you that you have between the end of OTAs and the start of training camp. So they're trying to move that up a little bit. But if you move that up, that's just open up the door for the for the owners to say, Oh, okay, cool, we move that up. We'll move training camp up, We'll move the preseason up. And guess what, you just opened up.
Speaker 6: The back end.
Speaker 2: You opened up a slot for us to add another regular season football game in there. So eighteen football games you'll probably have to go two buys. However, you work that out throughout. You know, in the middle of I can I can hear this call?
Speaker 8: Uh, Jared, do we have anybody that's close to us and the players Association?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, let me call hey man.
Speaker 1: This is how we want to work this. It's something in there for you.
Speaker 6: But you know, this is that deal we talked about on the air.
Speaker 2: This is this is the money part of the business, right And I always laugh when when owners an older hip in the league says that we're worried about the players safety. You can't possibly worry about safety if what you're doing is adding more things that the safety that you're worried about, you keep adding more games that will impact the safety that you're saying that you are concerned about. Right, Like, it's just if the more head contact and the more trauma that you get into. And I know the fans are going to be saying, hey, well then don't play. I get it, I understand it, but don't You can't talk out of both sides of your mouth. You can't say that I'm worried about the players and this it is for the players, but I want an eighteenth game, right That's another game, another week of practices, all that kind of stuff that's just to wear and tear physically on the body. And I know that AI and technology and medicine, all that kind off, all that stuff is great, but at the end of the day, you just the body is a body. It can only take so much. So I think even adding an eighteenth game, and I may not be around to have these numbers later on, but you'll see you'll see players careers dwindle because you won't be able to maintain that over a ten twelve year career. Just again, the body just won't allow you to do it.
Speaker 8: And to add on it ain't just the body, it's the money that you're going to be axing for in them. That second contract if you're fortunate enough, ain't gonna allow you to be there. Yeah, but player's gonna get younger.
Speaker 1: If they give up the ot as.
Speaker 15: Just say they give up an OTAs, right, and you're gonna add another week of training camp. So ultimately they're not gonna give up mini camp, right, They're gonna have a mandatory three day many camp probably still right, Jesse.
Speaker 2: Sure, right, you have to.
Speaker 9: Okay, So if you give up those this year, we have what six days ten we don't use in sets. Okay, so we're you're not really giving up any OTAs because you're just adding another week that you have. Player needs one day off in seven days, so you're just adding that to the beginning of that.
Speaker 6: Does that make sense?
Speaker 7: The thing is what you're saying, the sixth that you do during you know, June and May is going to be added in July, and it's going to be just you don't have that downtime in between.
Speaker 8: Who is hurting is the fourth round pick and beyond and the old guys.
Speaker 2: I think it's ultimately, I think it's gonna.
Speaker 16: Help the older guys to stay around because because think about this, like a guy that's been in the league for five years, he can go out and train in this time, right like Mike, he goes to Florida or wherever CD is, they train, and the younger guys are going to have that opportunity to get on the field and practice. So the older guys will already know what to do when they get to training camp.
Speaker 1: Thoughts maybe no, you know all that, that's good stuff.
Speaker 6: I just think for me, I think about the back end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 2: I just think about, wow, I just went off the track.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just think about what your body feels like at the end of eighteen, right, And if we're moving everything up, then there's a less there's less recovery time between the time that we end and the time that we start up again. That makes sense. So the time that we end at eighteen and the time that we get back.
Speaker 8: Super Bowl guys are the guys that go deep into playoffs is gonna hurt after about three years.
Speaker 2: And so you just when you talk about adding that extra game, and it doesn't seem like much now, but that's a that's another car crash. Right, that's that's one step closer to a concussion, an ankle, a knee, or whatever it is. It's just I just think over long term you're gonna see the cycling of guys in the league. Then like the days of twenty year guys I think will dwindle over the in the next decade itself. If you go to an eighteen game, I think you'll see less of guys who play that long.
Speaker 4: Your life expectancy as a player is gonna decrease by a year, year and a half something. I think, So long term, all right, before we get out of here, but it's not but before we go.
Speaker 2: But that's not a concern of the ownership, no ownership of saying. And this is the part I think fans sometimes miss in their fandom thinking a little bit sometimes, especially when it comes to contract times when they and it pisses me off to no end when they start screaming out take a team friendly deal, and I'm thinking to myself, that shut the hell up. The teammate, the Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones, and whoever is the heir to the throne or whoever's in the line of the air of the Jones family they will make money off this football team for one hundred more years if they choose to.
Speaker 6: And that's any team, that's any team anything.
Speaker 2: I'm just talking about this, but we're talking about the Cowboys. So shy and shy kids and all the other grandkids. They're great. They're gonna make money off this team forever, dak CD, Micah. They have a finite time to go and make money. And so no, I'm not going to give you a team friendly deal. It's in the words of Tank Lawrence, It's not my job to figure out the budget. I should get every red cent that I can, because when I stop there, there is a time where I will no longer to no longer be able to physically do this. And I don't pretty much unless you own a team, ain't too many places where you're gonna go and make thirty four, thirty five, forty fifty sixty million dollars a year if you're a quarterback, or thirty million dollars if you're legally so. When the Joneses will make a hundred plus million dollars until the sun no longer exists every year every years, as.
Speaker 6: The player's done, that, that's it.
Speaker 2: Now you may still make money. You're still going make two million dollars, three million dollars, five million dollars. You may go and do a twenty row more deal and make nineteen million dollars. You ain't making sixty you know what I'm saying. So even you'll never catch the Joneses, You'll never catch them. They'll they'll You'll never never be able to catch them. So you gotta get everything game right now because it's gonna stop. And when it stops, even if you continue to make money, it ain't gonna make them. You're not gonna make the money that you would ever make doing this.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 4: So last last little point, Jesse, you tweeted something out are you interested in coaching girls flag football?
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 6: We'll get it out there.
Speaker 2: I am. And there's people out there who have a girls flag football team, maybe like middle school, maybe high school. I'm interested.
Speaker 1: But do you want athletes?
Speaker 2: And that's the I do want athletes. Yeah, But that's the fust I think that's the enjoy part that I'll have is he be't able to teach the knowledge of the game because most girls don't come equipped with the knowledge of football right because they's just not something that's like boys will they play pop warning and they just But most girls don't have the novel. So I think it would be fun to kind of impart that wisdom on how to break down film, what does it look like, skills and all that kind of stuff. So I've been interested in it. So if you have a flat girls flag football team and you're in the DMW area middle school, preferably some high school, I'll let you boy, there you go.
Speaker 6: Good stuff. Jesse, we got a little.
Speaker 2: Off football, so I will tell you like, hey, you know what, unless they take a team, I won't be honest with you. I'll be like, hey, you know what, you might want to get her in dance, you might want to get her in.
Speaker 6: How is she in basketball?
Speaker 1: I don't know if flag football got a portal, but Jesse test it.
Speaker 2: Said, I ain't hard to find.
Speaker 3: Kurt.
Speaker 6: We miss you.
Speaker 1: Chris.
Speaker 6: Thanks for keep us on their what's your sweet mate back?
Speaker 4: There's name An she Gosh Aron Shesh.
Speaker 6: Thanks for keeping us on all socials Jazz. Thanks for keeping Chris company. We'll be back next Thursday, same time, same place. On Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 11: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club