Speaker 1: I mean when I looked at the notes for the show and so you had a report about quiet dumping, so many things crossed my mind.
Speaker 2: You know, the same thing happened to me when I first heard about this. It's like, why are you talking about what?
Speaker 1: You just do it really quietly?
Speaker 2: So confused, So that's not what it is, not what you're thinking about.
Speaker 1: No, why dumping and why are people doing it? So it's obviously it's not. Ghosting is different than ghosting.
Speaker 2: I think it might be even worse than ghosting because it's manipulative, it's it's gas lighting, it's it's it's a cross between quite quitting and ghosting. Do you remember we talked about quite quitting a few weeks ago, from probably months ago at this point. Yeah, And it's when people only put the minimum amount of energy into their job when they're over it already because they're already looking for something new. But they're just like, I'll just be do the minimum anyways, and if they get fired, to get fired or eventually or I just don't care.
Speaker 1: So is this people trying to get people to break up with them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's people just doing the minimum into but now into the relationship.
Speaker 1: And so that the other person sees that there's like nothing there and they break up with them. They don't have to do the breaking up exactly forever.
Speaker 2: It could go on forever, Noble. It all depends on what your style of dumpiness. Maybe this is your style.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know. I think that.
Speaker 2: Ryan seems very familiar with it.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not saying that. I'm just saying I feel like the term maybe is new. But I do think that people have lost interest for decades in relationships and they just go quiet.
Speaker 2: It's a slow phasing out right. So it's quiet. Yeah, it's quite quitting, but just in a relationship. But it's it's a form of gas lighting because then you start making the other person feel like they're doing something wrong, when in reality they're not doing something wrong. It's you with the issue, and you're the one that's not. It doesn't have the you know, wabeles to and the reallylationship.
Speaker 1: Tanya, have you ever just gone sort of silent or less engaging in a relationship to get them to be turned on less or turned off?
Speaker 2: I can't say that I have. I'm usually the dumpy.
Speaker 3: The dumpy, Yeah, you're the dumpy yeah, you say, can we have a chat? Oh no, sorry, the dumped dumped? Yeah, that is.
Speaker 1: The dumpy, then, isn't the dumper to the dumpy? I think you're right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I'm right, because which reminds me, I don't know that she's saying she's not the dumper, therefore she is the one that's dumped.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're saying you get dumped, Yes, dump. I know so sad.
Speaker 2: Well, we keep saying it over and over again. Thank you, Ryan, thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I mean, we know the value that she provides their loss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you weren't the right what do you say, you weren't the right sock for them?
Speaker 3: It wasn't the right sock for their phone.
Speaker 1: They're listening, some of them are listening right now, hearing about the success that you were having with Robbie, thinking, oh, she's the one that got away.
Speaker 2: Right, she's the sock that got away. Believe. I do believe that.
Speaker 1: Actually yep, And I think I know one of the few specifically that's saying that.
Speaker 2: Now, why you gotta go and put some nonsense in her head like that?
Speaker 1: Well, look at her face, but you see she's all let up.
Speaker 2: Now, she wants to know who she's gonna go and like search old instagrams and.
Speaker 1: Reason you think it is.
Speaker 2: She's engaged Bliss right now, and you're okay, okay, we don't need to go down a rabbit.
Speaker 1: Hey, this all stays here.
Speaker 2: It doesn't stay here, just stay here.
Speaker 1: A microphone, Yeah, but they're not listening.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyways, the point of this is, let this be a P S A. And so if you're in a relationship like this, maybe it's time to evaluate it. And that's all. That's all I'm trying to say.
Speaker 1: I hear it.