Speaker 1: He is drinks chests, motherfucking podcast makes. He's a legends every queens rapper. He ain't agreed as your boy in O r E. He's a Miami hip hop pioneer. What ups d j e f N? Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players you me and the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drinks chans mother Postcavery Days New Years. See listen, It's time for drink Champs. Drink up mother. Would it gonna be hoping people to this year? Boy n A O n A A. What up is dj e f N?
Speaker 2: It's mill Tammy crazy boar drink Champs yep makes something. Now when we talk about this person, we talk about a person who makes hits, give out hits, fifteen million sold in your face, and he don't even be liking to be in front of the public. He don't even care. He just makes hits for any reason. We are gonna give him his flowers today. He deserves it, from being in front of the camera to behind the camera to he makes your your favorite artist a better artist because he's been pinting this ship for allbody. And in case you don't know what we're talking about. My mother, Oh do you bring your mother? Listen, listen to my brother. I want to get straight to the interview, because silu man, I've been doing this, what.
Speaker 1: Ten years, about about to be ten years.
Speaker 2: So I first off, let me, let me let me pick you up for being on time. I bet against you. I bet that you would not be on time. So that's what we do. We we based it on with the artist uh order, Like we know if anybody order hey and see, it's gonna be a different interview.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: We know patroll like certain things. But when you ordered as the Spade, I was like, it's gonna be smooth, that's one. But I said, he's going to show up late. But but so I I I lost on the show up lay and.
Speaker 1: We showed them and we showed up. We sucked up. So we apologize.
Speaker 2: So like I said, I was trying to point. I was trying to make I've been We've been doing this almost ten years, right, and when I go through the discovery of an artist. That's one of the thing, yo, bro, you really are hate maker? Like is that something that you you you you set out to be or that's something that just comes naturally for you.
Speaker 1: Uh. I definitely got to say I set out to be in for show. You know. In the beginning, I was like, I had this whole alias called pan Griffy. Yeah. Yeah, you get as many hits as Bro. But somebody just told me something about it hit today and I was like, I was in the studio session. It was like, do you know why they started calling it it hit? I was like, dang, I never even thought about that. It was something that you know, hits whoever's listening to it, they was in the meeting or whatever, And I was like, Damn, I guess that's really what it is with somebody, you know what I mean, Like somebody just feels it like it's them, you know, the resonates, you know, even if the song never really charted, you know or whatever, it doesn't matter. Like a bunch of people in my concert singing it hit to me, you know absolutely.
Speaker 2: What's the song that you made for somebody else that you regret.
Speaker 1: That I regret for somebody else? What do you mean like you.
Speaker 2: Would have wanted to keep it for you, You wanted to keep it for yourself?
Speaker 1: Oh, like something that I wrote? Yeah? Uh, I mean I don't really got I don't got too many under my goat. Okay, it gave to somebody else. Okay, because for me is.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you heard this record, but uh uh you know Jacob give you heard that record that that used to say that dude, and I gave that ship away and I regret that.
Speaker 1: So you don't have one of those? Na Okay, okay, So let's get to it. Louisville.
Speaker 2: How did how did how did because we're here we see Rich hit there? How did how did? How did that happen? How did that connection happen? I know Timberland, So how did how did this happen?
Speaker 1: My guy King King, He's from Miami, Miami based. He knew a couple of people that knew Rich and I think they was they might have been playing some video games or something. You know, they was connected, interconnected somehow. And you know, Rich called Window my music and thought I was super talented, and you know, I think I was. I was working at UPS when I first met Rich, when I first started talking to Rich, and you know, I remember they told me they was going to New York with Timbling to work on Magna Carter Holy Girl, the album. You know, they invited me up to New York. So I was like, oh, yeah, I want to go to New York.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so didn't tell you to quit your job or some ship.
Speaker 1: Like That's that was years later. Okay, yeah, yeah, you just talked about about when I met Rich, you know what I mean? But yeah, I met I met, I flew up to New York. That was my first time in New York. I was just so you met Rich first. I met Rich and this producer that he was working with and who was I think signed to Timblin after this producer. So we went up there and uh yeah, yeah he was in there. I wasn't evenly supposed to be there here. You know, he said what up to me a couple of times. I think, my boy Rich Timberland probably don't even know this, but Rich like he snuck a picture in me Timbo in the studio and I was like, he said it to me. I was like, yo, that's crazy, Like me and Timblin like that's a big deal where you know. You know, I got back home to Louisville and he wasn't even really at that time, I didn't really have nothing to really show for us. I didn't. I really shouldn't have been in the room, you know, if I'm being honest. But anyways, I got back to Louisville and I remember posting a picture that the one that Rich sent me, and I was just like, yo, man, I ain't saying that next year is my time. More the year after that's my time. But I'm just saying my time is coming. That was yeah, that was the caption, and I remember everybody was hitting me up and then once one person hit me up and was you know, I mean I'm going off on the deep end. Yeah. Anyways, one person hit me up and was just like, Yo, you know, we gotta you know, we gotta. We got a contract, we got an agreement, so you can just you know, he thought I was signing to Tim with something that wasn't even the case. I was just posting a pick. So I was like, I was like, what are you saying? Like he was like, I'm saying that, like we got to figure something out. But he had previously agreed to release me from this contract he was talking about. But seeing that picture with change everything, he knew something that's about to come, you know, come from that. Even though he didn't believe in me. But at first, like after that he said that, and I was pissed. I was like, oh no, I said, you know what, Bro, I said, I'll never make music ever again. I said, I'm gonna just go work at ups and just keep doing what I was doing the first You got it, bro, I'm good, you know what I mean. You know, he was trying to see if I was bluffing. I wasn't bluffing. I was doing that for about two years, two three years or something like that. After that, you know, I hit rock bottom. I was like, I can't do this no more. Man Like, I struggling, I ain't got no money, caught up a couple of people asking asking for bread. You know, Rich used to send me bread too, you know, just stand on me out. But it was another guy, that chem dude. I was telling you, you know, I hit him up asking for some money, and he was like, bro, you gotta you gotta get back in that studio, so you know, you know, crying and ship and I was just like, all right, you know, I'm gonna get back to the studio. Literally. The first song that I made was Stone so may you don't, yeah, don't. It was the first song I made, uh, you know, and I was sitting on there for a little bit fast forward, had it on SoundCloud. Uh you know, a couple of people was rocking with it. I was a little embarrassed about it for some reason because I hadn't did music for so long, and I fel like nobody was hit me up but talking about it. So I deleted it, and then somebody hit me up. I was like, yo, you gotta put that. You gotta put that back up online. So I was like, all right, bet, and I did, and it sounds correct, sound sound, and it just started growing like week by week. I remember at this time, I think I got a different job at Papa John. Papa John. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was going back to my locker and I'm just like up there, you know, somebody's playing with you. You know, what's kept going on?
Speaker 2: Like thousands of ten doollars felt, yeah.
Speaker 1: What's happening? Like this is real viral and yeah for real and this is before yeah, all of that. So yeah, at that point, then I got a call from Rich again. You know, I ain't talking to Rich in a little minute at this point, but I got a call from Rich. He's like, yo, Timbo won't how at you? You know, and this is the first time that I really seen Timbo show any interest in my music at all, because you had played records before, yeah, a long time ago, you know, because I heard you said you thought he didn't like it. Yeah, I would say he didn't. He probably thought I was talented. But you know, if you go back and listen to my ship from twenty eleven, you can understand why Timbland was like maybe he wasn't ready and I wasn't ready, you know what I mean. I was, you know, development that makes perfect sense, you know. So at this point I like changed, excuse me, I changed my sound up and you know, I had something to really grind for at that point, you know, I had my daughter and everything was just different. I was like, you know what, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna be too much of a sing singing, singing nas nigga, you know what I'm saying, but just like kind of dumb it down a little bit and mix it up with a little bit of rap, you know what I'm saying. You know. Anyways, got the call from Timbo and then it was like, Yo, come to come to Miami. You know, and that's that's when everything just went up.
Speaker 2: From ther Okay, so then when does Drake coming into this this pitch?
Speaker 1: I feel like every week something crazy what was happening. So I can't really one hundred percent remember, but it was definitely after the moment because like you know, you heard that story was the clips, but it was definitely after that. When I was back in Louisville now at this point, jobless, trying to figure out what I was going to.
Speaker 2: Do next, said put your job. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he never he never said that, right, yeah he did that. Yeah I think you said that.
Speaker 1: He said. He never said. I think you said you called Rick. It's all good. We loved him, love it don't matter, None of that matters. It was yeah, exactly. So I get back to louis woar, and I'm you know, I'm stressed out, but the song is still climbing. People's reaching out. And then it's crazy because I always had these these wild ass manifestation dreams. And I was sleeping at a friend's house on the couch because at this point I moved out of my my girlfriend at the Times house, and uh, you know, I'm still gonna sleeping on this couch making music in the basement, trying to like just keep my SoundCloud following fans happy. So I'm just like update new ship and I think I just put out a remix to a couple of OVERO because a lot of people it was like, Yo, you need to sign over yoh blah blah blah. They were saying that one thought you was signed the over you was before anything. So they was like, Yo, it sounded like you should be a part of it, you know what I mean. So I was like, dang, I mean I really love and my everything that comes out of over YO. So I was like, it makes sense. So one day I just decided to remix uh some Ovio shit. I think Macone was signed to O YO one time. Party next Door was signed over or still signed over YO. But I remixed their songs called Don't Worry Maley remix and I posted it and went to sleep or whatever. It was probably like a little bit later after this, but I remember I had this crazy, vivid dream that I was on UK campus. You know, Drake Fun with UK basketball, So you know I'm on this campus and then you know people they like, yo, bro, you know Drake's coming in town. You know we're gonna play this. We're gonna play you don't for him and I was like, for real, it was like yeah. So then they in the dream, they was like, I saw him in the huddle. Drake was over in the huddle. They all had blue jumpsuits on the ship and he was like and I was like, damn. And then I remember waking up from that dream, right, I swear to God, woke up from that dream and literally I got checked my Twitter just said Drake followed you on Twitter. And I was like, I was like trying to dream, no, no, no, out of the dreams, out of the dream, up out of that dream. The very next morning, like and then woke up and I saw that he followed me, and I said, yo, bro, this is this is crazy. Like I didn't even want to get into the whole fact that I just had a dream. Like I was like, Yo, this is more crazy than you think. He's like, yo, I've been working with month. We don't months. And that just my mind because it's like in my dream that he was literally saying that he didn't he didn't okay. And I had no idea that this was about the habit. It was just some crazy manifestation ship. I don't know, it's like God gave me a vision or something like. But yeah, that was when.
Speaker 2: So isn't true that if had he answered to the text, you might be on over your right to this day, like, yeah, what did he leave you and read and read? Oh you know, he's just busy, was just busy.
Speaker 1: Just at this time, BR's really going crazy with all the music. I'm sure he had everybody hit in his line. But yeah, I think that was the only thing that was keeping me from signing. Bro.
Speaker 2: Well, let's we're ready for quick Thomas. Let's go, Let's do it. Let's do it, Let's do it. You're ready for this part?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, you got you gotta.
Speaker 3: Feel your sense it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but some PARTA I love this ship.
Speaker 2: But by the way, they got the hockey. Okay, yeah, I want to do quick Time line first or what? Okay, okay, okay. Well, I've been trying to get you, to get you on this show, to give you your flowers, to let you know how much you mean to the industry. The industry is a better place when you make it music, when you were a part of it. So we wanted to give you a flowers face to face.
Speaker 1: Man the Man Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 2: Said, it's better than a Grammy because it comes from its.
Speaker 1: People and we want to want.
Speaker 2: To give you flowers because bro, you really are something special.
Speaker 1: You really are. You know what I love about you?
Speaker 2: Like it's a rumor that you don't just go in the studio with anybody like you have to actually feel feel it. Don't never change.
Speaker 1: I like that. You know some people would come and be like yo.
Speaker 2: You know he's like they will credit that as being like hard to.
Speaker 1: Work with or whatever, But I really don't understand why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I understand it because I'm an artist too, you know what I'm saying. But if I love the fact that money, I can tell money doesn't move you. Has there ever been a time where it was it was tempted like like and you want you did something that that cost of money?
Speaker 1: You said, did something that costs money? No, no, be costs of money and you regret it is like movie nah mm hmm. Yeah. I can't think of what it is exactly those moments, but I've definitely had those moments. But when it comes to the to the music and whatnot, Like you know, people especially early on stroing all types of crazy numbers that me to do to do certain songs, and I'd be like, you know, I just really want to. I was just nervous a lot of times, right, you know, that was the big, the big thing. But the main reason why I don't really like being in the studio with people was like, you know, just PTSD and trauma, you know, from when I was younger. I'm being honest with you. What if I give you an example. I'm sixteen years old or seventeen, my bad recording songs, and I used to have this one guy, I'm not gonna say his name, but he used to record me all the time, and uh, you know, he wouldcord me an fl studio and yeah, I was just I would cut school to go to the studio, go to his crib. He was living in Louis and uh yeah, he would play play the beat and he would record me because I didn't know how to do it. And then you know, he would be trolling me sometimes, like playing gunshots and while I'm.
Speaker 2: Recording whatever et and I feel like I'd be like, bro, I'm trying to make it.
Speaker 1: Bro, like you just stopped, bro, And he would be laughing. He was like, you know, its just trolling me and ship. At that point, I was just like, you know what, like, can you teach me to record myself? Taught me how to record myself, and at that point, I was just like, I'm just cut out the middle man. I'm gonna just do it myself. And I've been recording myself ever since. So look at the correct you make the beats.
Speaker 2: I don't make the beat. You don't make the beats, okay, but you engineered yourself. Yeah, holy Molyuakami DJ College jumped over somewhere to get your vocals.
Speaker 1: That's that's what they say. What is this story? I don't know it was. They say he was jumped over the fence, but I don't think he jumped over the fence.
Speaker 2: But I know.
Speaker 1: He would do anything. But you know, we got it done. You know the story was. You know, I remember I told him when they played me the song for wild thoughts, that's kind for us. Wild thoughts came.
Speaker 2: You didn't get to hear the Rianna versionuntil it actually came out dropped right then you had the party you got.
Speaker 1: The Party next Door version. But not only that, but the song was in the lower octave and I recorded it. I had already did my part, you know what I'm saying, and he had hit me. I knew that she was going to record it in the higher octave, and I mentioned that to him, but he's like, no, we just need it done. We needed all right. I got it done, and you know, I didn't know how he was going to figure because I know they couldn't just pitch my vocals up. So he came knocking on the day on a horrible day I was having, like they threw a surprise party for an album that I wasn't happy about show up. My lambow broke down that day, like it was just a bad day overall, and I was like, yo, I need it tonight album release day. I was like, I can't do it tonight, you know what I mean. And I think everybody wasn't answering to answering the phone, and that's what happened. So we got to do you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I think you said I think arrest somewhere that you said to college.
Speaker 1: Uh, like I'm going through something. He was like, put it in music. Yeah, yeah, that was The media took that one and that thing with that one. But now what happened that was early on. If I mean, you can go back and listen to it, it was, what the fuck is that? The song with me a future on Major key album? You know what I mean, you go listen to it. What the fuck I'm saying. I'm just talking. I literally did that, and it's like I ain't trying to listen to that ship. I was just super depressed, you know what I mean. That didn't even what I want to make music about. You know, but like at that time, I was really going through all that ship that I was talking about on the song, and I was stressed the funk out because I was like, I didn't get here to be beefing with niggas in the music industry. You know, this person saying I owe him this, or this person that literally I ain't spoke to in four years, you know what I mean talking about like yo, you oh, you know what I'm saying. It's just like it was stressful for me to deal with. I had people leaving death threats and on my car. My daughter was in there sleeping while I'm somewhere else. Had to fly back home figuring shit out. CPS called my crib coming asking my daughter inappropriate questions, like all types of shit that was making me like really be like, damn fuck the music is you know what I'm saying? Like I don't want to be a part of this shit at all, Like is this what like my success is making people? Do you know what I'm saying? And I remember that was a point where I once my daughter was born, I kind of like I stopped talking to everybody. Like it wasn't because I knew I was gonna be famous someday or whatever. I just was like, let me see who really fuck with me for real? So like I stopped fucking people, started focusing on my job at ups, getting other jobs, and you know, there was only a couple of people that was reaching out to me rich you know, my Boye Swan you know obviously close family members and whatnot, and other than that, you know, nobody else was reaching out to me. So excuse me. Whenever the song took off, don't and then whenever I started having some success and all these people showing me love, Timblin Drake, whoever, all these people start knocking at the door, like yo, you switched up. It's just like, damn I switched up. That's crazy. That was while I blew my mind so like at that point, and then they really they really was like, nah, we gotta we gotta do something about this this guy, you know what I mean, this dude who like switched up on us. So they just start pulling every trick out the you know what I mean. I'm just like add it up. I'm like, can I just make music to be happy about it? But like the industry was just beat me up man for a long time, you know, and I just I wasn't funk with it. So that was the whole reason why I was like, he was like put it in music, you know. I was like, put it into music, But like, don't nobody wanted that? But were you were you musically trained in anyway? No, No, not at all. I'm really just a studio geek at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: Like because hearing you talk about the doctors and all that, Yeah, yeah, I'm sure most of the.
Speaker 1: People even were I don't know, just go ahead and sing that or I know a little a couple of things, you know, not for real, I'll just be in a studio like fucking with shit, and I like, I mean it's still a lot that I don't know, but like you know.
Speaker 2: You know, it was something I'll relate to you very much. It's how tough you are on yourself. Watch your second album like I you did. I'm gonna lie me hearing you talk about your second album, I'd be like, damn, I thought I was bad on myself. I actually had a line Melvin Flint dropped my whole colossal stop. I can't believe I'm fucked up and made a half assed album. My excuse is my pops just died and I ain't want to make music. My pops just died. I hated my second album, and I listened to the critics. I listened to the haters, and you're probably the only other artists in the world that I know that related to that. I was sitting there watching all your interviews and I was like, holy, somebody is just as hard on theyself.
Speaker 1: But but have you outgrown that or I want to say that there's like a bit of a common misconception because every time I see these clips, I always see some of my bands coming to my defense, like I just want him to know how good blah blah blah appreciate it, but I'm just like, yo, it's not about that. But the common misconception is this, like a lot of people think that I became depressed after my second album. It was after the first one that everybody tells me now it's such a classic, and it was like this, that and the third. It was after that win that where I was like where I was fucked up, you know what I'm saying. Trap Soul came out, and it's just because, like I said, like the fame all that, it was all new to me. So it's like when it came out and I started seeing all these critics going crazy on Trap. So that's when it made me have imposter syndrome. And I was like, I don't know what I'm doing, you know what I'm saying. I was like, I thought that I did something. It wasn't until about two years at two three years after that where people was really like, yo, this is this is a dope album. You know what I'm saying. Guess what. I had a label, I had another tour, a tour, a tour agreement that I had to fulfill. I had to drop another album and because had imposter syndrome. You know what, bro? Yeah, exactly, so it was like I didn't get time if I you know, we talked about the money thing. You know, that's it, right, Okay, that's the money that I shouldn't have took at that moment because it's like the.
Speaker 2: Same exact thing with me. I'm sorry because I relate to it so much. Was they had gave me so much money, and how I'm gonna tell them not to go to the studio, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like I spent the money and I was definitely using it.
Speaker 2: So I was like I had to go to the studid but it wasn't time for me, you know what I'm saying. So if you could do anything to redo the process of making that album, what would you do different?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have made it. I would have waited a while, but I wouldn't have made it. But also I was gonna say that I would have worked with writers because that was the era when everybody was like Jake with the platinum with no features, so everybody was so stuck on it, and then they was like he went platting with no features again, and I was just like, damn, like I gotta go platinum with no because you know, my first ship platinum with no features. I was like, all right, I guess I'm gonna go platinum with no features again. You do that twice? Did I do it twice?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what's going on out here? Years later, but it happened though, you know. But anyways, I think I was so hung up on that and like I said, imposter syndrome. So like a big part of me was like, man, you know, if I could go back in time, really what I would have did, I wouldn't have I wouldn't have made an album. I would have waited to see what the fun was gonna happen with my first album. But I didn't have the luxury of doing that because you know, money running dry and something like, damn, you know what am I gonna you know what I'm gonna do? So you had your kid too, right, my kid? And you know at that point there was a lot of pressure. I was just like, I can't go back to ups. I can't go back to Papa John's right, you know, I gotta do something. And that number was nice, so I was like, I'm gonna take it, you know, I had to, and yeah, just put me. It really put me behind and you know, after and then that shit came out because, like I said, I went in my mind and then the critics went in and that just really sent me to yep.
Speaker 2: But like following you, listening to you, I can tell that you let.
Speaker 1: The critics get to you. Yeah, get to you. I did too.
Speaker 2: I did too, Like so I'm the same human being, like like, I know what's crazy. My first album, I got four and a half mics in the source right, which is a big deal. Which was a big deal, so I was supposed to celebrate that. But my second album got three mics, and I celebrated the failure of the three mics more than I celebrated the success. And I let the people get to me. But for years later it was it.
Speaker 1: Was people, you know.
Speaker 2: I would see them in the airport and they'd be like.
Speaker 1: Why the funk would you just this album?
Speaker 2: The album changed my life, and I had to sit back and I had to say, you know what, this ship wasn't about me. So that's why I asked you, did you go back to me visit that and say, like, you know, you know you you answer the question man, when you said, yeah, I can't even listen to it.
Speaker 1: You know the fans that you want me to do a couple on tours. So it's like there some of them I cans like, like the more the more popular ones, but a lot of them, I'm just like, it's the same ship with the cald song. Like when I hear the Calis song, I hear I heard my second out, you know what I mean. I'm just like, this is not where I need to be. He was like, put it into the music. That was literally what I did. I was like, I don't even know what to make music about. And I was like, fuck it, i'ma just I guess put it in the music and talk about ship that I'm going through. And it's crazy because, like you know, I remember one time I had another one of those manifestation dreams and I was in Australia and my manager at the time was like, yo, you know, actually I skipped apart. I had a dream I'm sleeping in the in the in the bed whatever. And my dream I was in my hood, my old hood in Louisville, and they was a jet just flew down in the middle of the hood and jay Z and Beyonce got off of it, and jay Z was like, were having some dreams. He was like, Yo, what you doing here?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 1: I was just like I don't know, and then like I don't know what happened, but I ended up waking up. Right. My manager calls me, was like, Yo, you know how you say you've been looking for a mentor right, And I was like yeah, he said, Yo, jay Z won't talk to you. I was like huh and he was like yeah. I was like, okay, cool. So you know, I think Lenny s put us on the group text or whatnot. And then you know, jay Z was talking to me about my second album. He was like, yo, man, I just want to say, you know, I appreciate you know, Yo, I heard when you talked about this and him just breaking down ship, and I was saying, really meant a lot to me, Like damn, that's crazy, Like you know, even though I had, you know, the second album didn't perform or whatnot, like I had, you know, jay Z pick me up on that ship to me personally, and that just made me be like you know what, fuck it, Like I just got to keep pushing forward, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Fucking awesome, bro Thomas dream all right, so this is our drinking game We're going to give you two choices. If you pick one of the choices, we don't drink. But if you say both or neither, like we didn't want to pick anybody or whatever, then we drink.
Speaker 1: And everybody drink.
Speaker 2: I got a feeling he's gonna be want to be politically correct, and.
Speaker 1: They say, really did this anybody? We just want to bring up stories.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anything big a story, buddy, bring it up.
Speaker 1: And and really the choice is really depending on whatever for you. It's your criteria. It's it's it's not who's better at anything specifica And then I gotta drink these right here, right, Yeah, that's that's hockey. Yeah, okay, okay, if you want, okay, you can sip to By the way, we don't make up these questions. It's the cocaine section over there. Colombian and the Dominican right there. They make up these questions.
Speaker 2: So if you get mad at anybody, let's just look over there. Rich knows them both. He'll he'll send it up. This is this is this is one I enjoy saying m J or Prince.
Speaker 1: MJ. MJ. Yeah, yeah, I mean because I play video games and like I grew up with m J. You know Michael Jackson Moonwalker.
Speaker 2: So you know you got your own video game? Drop it dropped the radio.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, Okay, I'm working on them. Okay, okay, jodas He or one twelve. I'm gonna go one twelve. I love Joashy, but I'm gonna go one twelve though they got like different type of sauce. Chris Brown or Usher. I love Usher, but I'm gonna go see Breezing. Yeah, just got talk with him too. Yeah, like we're yeah Jack Carlo or boss Man Dilo. I gotta go with the home with the home team. You know what I'm saying. I love boss Man. I gotta go with the home team. Timberlin, Ard Pharrell.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take a shot for you.
Speaker 1: This one's challenging because it's like him when uh.
Speaker 2: So, I just about one in the next one, Okay, Okay, well I like all three. The next one, okay, yeah, you go to the next you take the next one, boy, wondered Charlie.
Speaker 3: Heat Ah, that's a crazy question, man, Charlie.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Charlie, Yo, hud away, Way, I didn't pick yet, don'tkay. I'm just talking to my brother directly so hard because like Charlie, my favorite Charlie, my favorite producer ever, you know what I mean, because he just you know, he's my favorite producer I've ever worked because he'd just be grinding. He's always always ready to work on some new ship. You know, we try everything. You know, we didn't need a Paw Patrol song to Michael Jackson that song or a rap song like just everything Patrol. So yeah we did. Yeah, yeah, it's gonna be more hyper. Yeah, tell him like that. That's me here, he'll know it. But anyways, but boy, one day, he's just somebody that's just been you know, me and him. We probably only got like two records together or some three, I don't know, but like he just super down the earth guy and probably one of my best friends in the music industry for show because he's always kept it solid. So I gotta take a shot. I'm taking a shot with you, man. Follow cheers, just.
Speaker 2: Stevie Wonder And by the way, Stevie, Steve, did you see the new story that we just put out about Stevie again?
Speaker 1: We need Stevie on drinks already. Man.
Speaker 2: I think if I see Stevie, he sees me, he's gonna stop me. He's gonna stop.
Speaker 1: So we just.
Speaker 2: Deon Cole on here, and Deon Cole said that Stevie want to back this.
Speaker 1: Girl, damn, and then up the slop back like a bitch.
Speaker 2: Ste Well, I don't think Stevie gets on jokes anymore. I think Stevee's mad at us bro. I think I think I'm not sure. I'm not too many stories, man, so too many stories people.
Speaker 1: Have come on here.
Speaker 2: So the Eisley Brothers came on here said they seen Stevie j Stevie on crossing the Highway.
Speaker 3: A business street, not the Highway Man street.
Speaker 1: So I don't think he's trying on jokes for money anymore. Ahead, next one's big Stevie wonder stee.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, I want to I want to ask this one Drake or Tory lanez Rake. Okay, you got records for both? He said, I got you.
Speaker 1: Got records for both. It ain't about that, you know. I love Toy. Toy is super dope artist. I think he's just amazing, you know. But I grew up with Drake.
Speaker 2: Okay, so now let me ask the more controversy question Drake Kendrick.
Speaker 1: That's easy. I mean, I love Kendrick Labar, but it's straight because of your relationship. Relationship. But it's like, I just that's the music that I've studied, Like got it, you know, like, yeah, makes sense? Cool?
Speaker 3: Al Green and Marvin Gaye Marvin gay Okay, Whitney Houston did you all put three in this one?
Speaker 1: They went crazy?
Speaker 3: Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey. Okay, it's the cocaine section.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get roped up one of these days. I just gonna not grab people.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with Mariah Carey. Okay, I'm not answering this one. You asked that one.
Speaker 3: Uh Beyonce, Arihanna.
Speaker 1: Mm hm.
Speaker 5: Hm hmm, Kanye or Swiss Beats Dama, Uh let me go, yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay to speak total or s w B that's w okay. Curtis Mayfield or slod Stone.
Speaker 1: I don't know slod Stone, but I do know of Curtis Mayfield. So you're going d J Collin or DJ Drama. I love you Drama, but I gotta go with my brother Calin. So right, he climbing over the walls and gates.
Speaker 2: You should like that you gotta go with them mark uh fat Joe or Rick Ross.
Speaker 1: I gotta say fat Joe just because, like you know, I got you know, richest, one of the richest best friends. So he's just like one of the first famous people I've been around, you know what I mean? That like treating me, you know, like a human. So that's why I gotta make no noise. But we got one more. Well, they were going to send a couple more.
Speaker 2: Okay, but that's a question. Did you ever have a chance to be on a terror squad?
Speaker 1: Uh m? Was that something? Is that a quiz if you don't thinks? So? I don't think. So I mean that Joe to me don't seem like type of guys is ready to snatch up artists, like you know, even lost money. She was saying, like rich, Like you know, rich could have made money off me plenty of times and just never wanted to. Like was like, yo, I want you to be in the best possible I don't want to. I don't you know what I mean. I don't want to just be a manager or sign you to my homie just because like I could get paid off of it. He wanted me to be in the best situation, and I have you and Joe ever worked together? Yeah, I did a song. I did a song for my long time ago oh wait, and then I did another song with him and uh when he did the album with with Dre Cool with Drake, okay, work, Okay, So I'm gonna take a shot for that.
Speaker 2: But the last one, there's a couple of more, couple more okay, dollar sign.
Speaker 1: T Paint, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go Teddy Teddy Pendergrast with T Pain and applies. What you gotta join with T Paint applies? Uh yeah, I do, actually, but you know what, I just got caught up on the fact I was like Teddy Pain to say Teddy peng but I remember I heard him say that on this album was Teddy Paint. But anyways, T Paint is somebody like my uncle gave me a CD. It was an epiphany album and I was just like, love, that's my favorite T Paint album ever, even though he had so many other hits and ship. Yeah, I really studied that album a lot. T Paint like the okay Barman Hill or uh well Laurence Hill, Little Baby or the Baby.
Speaker 6: Ye damn uh do the baby baby, Hey, old babies.
Speaker 1: We can say both neither or I can say both. Yea, Yeah, I don't know, but I thought I had to take you both. Got to take a shot. I mean, I say both. Outcast a U g K outcasts. Shout out to bun Beato, the great guy. He's always treated me respect. Another one of those people that's like down the earth.
Speaker 2: We're doing competing this, this number, this next one a lot. I think Niles doesn't care. But I think Jada Kiss.
Speaker 1: Is going to say, that's a long time ago asking me to take this out. He's retiring. Well, you know, the wrong person asks just because like I studied mostly be growing up. I didn't start studying rap until I was like, I don't know, nineteen years old or something like that. I don't know, I don't know. I mean either casual hip hop listener. I mean I listened to more of it now, but I would say, no.
Speaker 2: No, all right, cool, the bars are earth winning fire, Earth winning fire, Okay, all right, now this is last one. We go go back to the interview. Yeah, loyalty or respect.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, I got I'm gonna go with respect. That's a crazy question. I like that I'm gonna go respect. I mean, but don't they ain't they kind of hand in hand. That's why I figure, I think, yeah, that's why I want both. I want to because if you if you're not lawyer, how could you respect me? Like that's what I agree with you.
Speaker 2: So I'm yes, this is something I want to ask you personally.
Speaker 1: Do you enjoy being a part of the industry. Do I enjoy being part of the music industry? Yeah, yeah, no, you don't. No, I believe you right, like nothing about it. I'm making this game brough industry, you know, Like you know, as soon as you mentioned respect, it just got me thinking, like, you know, I might get a lot of respect from like fans and you know, the consumers and whatnot out there, and then sometimes maybe not. But you know a lot of times I always really wanted to respect my peers and the ones that are like in it, like really in it, and like are still out here competing to be number one or whatever, Like I don't really ever get the respect from them. And I'm a type of person like I feel like when I came into the industry and probably still know, there's a lot of people that treat me like I'm a threat or something threat threat, yeah, and I don't want to think that, but like the way they treat me day to day. You know, I've been in shit ten years. There's so many people that I can name that like I've been so we celebrating ten years to try sold. Yeah, but there's so many people that I feel like I've reached out to or try to talk to or try to get a meeting with for five minutes and they just be blowing me off or treat me like I'm just like some funky ass a nigga that's trying to be around.
Speaker 2: Say that, and I could believe, Like when when I forget what interview this was, I'm for searching you and then they said the tea paining features and it was like they were saying that how they they love that you went and got teap pain implies. And then they mentioned some other artists that I'm not going to name, and then you said, well, I can't even get them on the phone, And I was just like, is that you or is that them?
Speaker 1: Right? It's still because it's like I reach out, like I like I'm a man man, and I like I like conversation. We got a problem. We gotta fight, you know what I'm saying. We got to go back and forth, like we could just as men sit down and talk about it and nobody ever got to know about it. Like I don't know what the problem be. Like a lot of people will be saying it's like, oh, I'm just busy. They always put it on that. But you know, even jay Z hit me back every time I send him a message, and you know, I imagine he's one of the busy busiest I'm saying, so to see people that ain't nowhere even near that, you know, I get it. We all kings, we all got our own kingdoms, and we got people that's trying to get the Lite promise. You know, I'm sure you got twenty people trying to get with you right now, so you know what I mean, And like I respect that, but like also I feel like, you know, if somebody was calling me saying, or are trying to get in touch with you, you know, he really want to talk to you. I'm gonna we're going to have a conversation. You know, we don't have a conversation or something. But like so I always felt like if I did the same thing, maybe people will give me that same respect, Like y'all, I'm trying to get into contact so we can like either talk about a record or let me show you something I'm working on, and it would just be crickets.
Speaker 2: Not even listen you, I swear to I can't imagine that ship, bro, Like, don't be a lot of I don't see artists right now not picking up into.
Speaker 1: The sword of God, like I swear it's because they're busy.
Speaker 2: Listen, I've studied you enough to know that if I bring up an artist name, you're gonna say you know nothing.
Speaker 1: So I know that. But because I care about them, you know what I mean, I don't want to put them out because I know what the media is gonna do. They gonna take those in your alcohol. They're gonna a little you know what I'm saying, Like they got of context. Yeah, it's like shave room. They're gonna post some ship the next thing. You know, all the people are gonna be saying, and I just I don't want to do them like that. You're gonna bring that on them because I care? Yeah, and you sure.
Speaker 2: Now this is me asking as a person because I know the industry and a lot of the times artists will sit right in the position that you're at and they'll say, you know how it is, right, and yeah, I do, I know how it is. But we're not speaking to me. We're speaking to this whole audience. Is it you reaching out? Is it management? Because I can't see like I'll just throw out a random name, right, I'm not gonna it's not gonna be a real person. But can reaches out rights Until the reaches out the can can, it's higher, it's hollering back. I can't see that. So you do, like, especially fifteen millions so or the success that you have, I don't see nobody not picking up your phone call.
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 1: I thought that same I swear to god I saw I thought that same thing. As soon as they told me, I called like ten people to verify that that was even real. I was like, Yo, is this real? Is this true? Because if it is, I'm about to reach out to a couple of people. You know what I mean that you know that I want to talk to about my game and whatnot, reach out to them. And you know, I said them the thing that they saw me like, yo, you know, thinking like maybe that's what maybe that's what they respect, you know what I mean. I was like, Okay, they don't. They might, they might not respect me, but maybe they just respect winners. So I was like, I'm winning, you know this, Maybe they're intimidated. It's sound like a win to me. Possibly. I was like, that's sounded like a win to me. So I was like, reach out to a couple of people. Still to this day, I'm going to show you no response. I was like, yo, man, just I don't know, Man, yeah, I do be reaching out to him person. It's not managements to me, and you know who knows. I just feel like, if you got a problem, just hit my phone. You know what I'm saying. It's whatever, it is, like, it don't matter. Like I feel like people in the industry, it's be so many beefs between artists and I just I'm for the people, you know what I mean, And I feel like the people need music and the fact that we can't collaborate, like fucking we didn't even got to collaborate on music, Like I don't even funk about that. But like, you know what I mean, some people look at it like, oh, maybe he just want the clout, you know what. I mean, what does it do for me to do a feature with you? Like it's doing more for you than it is for me. Some people look at it like that and they're like, I'm not working him, you know what I'm saying, Like that's what happens to me all the time. Like, so I just don't don't. That's why I don't bother collaborating with people, because like, what's the point, man? People think it's me they say, Oh, I'm like, I'm here, like at the same place.
Speaker 2: You know what's crazy? And I don't want to say, well, i've seen you that seems you were cool and shit and I'm sitting back and I'm like, wait a minute.
Speaker 1: These people think that, like you're a dick. They might think you're a dick, right because you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But I've seen you cool, calm, collective, and I'm like, holy shit, do you think that's that's a room about you that you don't want to collab with people you don't want to.
Speaker 1: Be But here's the thing, Like that was when I first came into the industry, a lot of people was ringing my manager phone at the time, Yo, we want to get toll on the song and that was just like it was overwhelming because like at that time, like I didn't even have time, Like will people be like, yo, you got any think she was working on when he was working on traps. So I'm like nah, because like I had to go on tour right after that shit, and I was so fucked up about the idea that I had to be on stage in front of people for the first time that I was like, I ain't had no time to make music, you know what I'm saying. So that was all I was thinking about, and and people was reaching out like yo, we need you on the song, and I was just like, I just can't do features right now now, like because I don't funk with these artists, but just because like I literally don't even have time to make music for myself, you know what I'm saying. So that was the main reason. So maybe that you know, I ran into one of them artists. Actually I ain't gonna say his name, but uh like gonna say his name, but I ran into him at the Hit Factory and he was like, yeah, man, your manager told me you ain't trying to speak with people, man laying man about you. I said, I'm here right now and something. Yeah, I think I played him some ship and he was like, I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna like he put a verse on that bitch and it came out like a week or two later.
Speaker 2: But let me, let me, let me, let me give you a problem. Let me just let you know. I've been in this music business after Trap Soul. You changed the whole game. I don't tell you, okay, said.
Speaker 1: You changed the whole game? Is no, no, no, I.
Speaker 2: Figure out because I know I can feel that your humbleness. But like the way music is made now has changed since Trap so and it's celebrating ten years. Correct, Yeah you're going to take a shot for that. Yeah yeah, hell yeah, come on.
Speaker 1: I got do you do you realize what Trap Soul did to the people. Always let it to me, and I don't never hear it or see it. To be honest with you, You're just too humble, man, I just don't see it. Like I'm just being honest, Like I hear, like I don't hear what they hear. Maybe they hear it, but like for me, I just hear people making music. You know what I'm saying. That's all right?
Speaker 2: Well, well well and I've seen an interview where they asked you about this and they say that you actually have babies out there. People follow exactly Trap Soul and I know you don't want to claim it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was talking to some of my homies at OVO at this party one time and prayings.
Speaker 4: People.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they was.
Speaker 4: They was pissed at me because I was like, the say yo, such and such as a song of the.
Speaker 2: Story they said at the club, at the club and come on at the club.
Speaker 1: I was like, bron, I was like, nah, they're not my son, but you didn't like the fact that they was calling the son. Yeah, I don't like that. I don't like because anytime I heard sons and him, it's bad. It's like, you know what I mean, the way rappers, you's like, Yo, this so and so is my son, and it's always some ship that's putting them down in the wraps New York. Not always.
Speaker 3: You got to you gotta tell me the time, just say like I'm the O G and they coming up behind me.
Speaker 1: That's really I guess I get it. When he explained it to the collect Okay, I get it, you know what I mean, But I you know, I just don't ever want an artist to feel like I'm they daddy. You know what I'm saying. I get that. I'm just saying like I never want that. Like you just inspired by me, you know what I'm saying. You took you know, a page out of my book, study my you know you're gonna make it your own. You know, they say a thief stials with a genius borrows, and you know for the artists that do that, you know, but yeah, it's cool. I get the whole You got some babies out there, I get it. No, it's the truth. It's the truth.
Speaker 2: Like you know what I mean, uh me personally, you know, Sorry to keep twisting it to me, but there was a whole genre after I worked with Pharrell, Like people didn't want to work with Pharrell, and then people just follow that that thing. And that's why it reminds me of trap soul with you is because after that people followed you and they mimicked and they made music exactly sounding like you. And I know you humble enough not to be like fuck them, Oh that's my son. You ain't claiming that shit at all, but but you do recognize people are following you.
Speaker 1: I don't recognize that. Nah. I mean I've seen people come out with albums called trap soul and like you know what I mean, or went out or they'll tell me that they like I'm their favorite artist and they'll make music. I have just seen that.
Speaker 3: But like you know, you can say it differently. You inspired a movement is probably a better yeah way to say it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but like noah, I don't really I don't really see it.
Speaker 2: So if if let me let me so, let me ask you a question, God comes down to Earth, h price, You're gonna make one record to save humanity, get one feature and one producer.
Speaker 1: Who you calling dahm. One feature and if you want to make it easier for you that a uh, okay do I get to do? I get as many chances with that. Let's say this feature does a hundred can they do a hundred verses until I get it right?
Speaker 4: But the producer might not get it right. I might not get it right, like I just want to try.
Speaker 1: I'm probably I'm gonna go with my boy Charlie Heat for sure, so just because I believe in them so much. And then as the feature, uh, and I get to like vocal produce everything, Like I get to really craft this ship together. Save a minute. I'm going with Drake. Yeah, I can see it what you said. You you've vocal produced him. No, not ever vo Okay, but like if I could like be like yo, now we gotta do it like this and you know what I'm saying and really be a part of our our go with bro.
Speaker 2: Is there anybody like you know, we got these collab albums.
Speaker 1: That's like being popular.
Speaker 2: Now, what is there anybody you will do a collab album with a Yeah, there was a bunch of people. I'll do one with Future for sure. I really love Future, like pick up the Future. I just seen him another day. We squashed it. We had a little first and we squashed it and I told him I'm sorry for my bad.
Speaker 1: Part's not even doing.
Speaker 2: Talk about the good part, and thank you Future because he was actually right and you know what I mean, thick him up. But that's what you in Future.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would love to do some Future just because, like you know, Future, you got the melodies for show. You definitely got through caduses and like you know, I understand like rap music. I study his catalog for a long time. You know, if it's for him. I wouldn't There's so much shit that I just would have never made, you know what I mean? But I feel like we would make some some real dope ship, not just for the ladies, but just for the fellas who love ladies. So what do you love more? Rapping? Or I mean, R and B is my first love. But I always say we're rapping. I can I can say more, you know, singing. It's like it's it's a lot more slow, slow paced, and uh yeah, we're rapping. I don't know, it's just like a million words that I could say in sixteen bars versus was the moment you decided I want to start with? I started rapping because of who gotta started rapping because I got a credit c B as a person that made me want to start rapping. But also there another CB.
Speaker 2: You know, we don't know, we don't know.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's the person that made me want. You can relate to him because he was a singer like for me, like I was like, yeah, I really want to really really really rap. And I feel like even y'all, I ain't never heard me really really rap, and I could play out you got a double album. The double album, I was like, he could you can listen to Minny Kelly, you know on vices you know what I mean, and hear me spit and whatnot, But I got some other songs and whatnot where it's like, I think that's the hardest part about being me, like because it's like, you know, I really don't feel like there's as it's like a catch twenty two almost because it's not a It's not a singer out there that can rap better than me, and there's not a rapper that could sing better than me. So it's like, I'm like, but where do I fit in in this industry? But to answer your question, I probably yeah, I mean singamore and who made me want to rap? Or when did I start taking rap? Seriously, there was a reverse that Jay V did on a song called Click and I remember you know for a long time, Wayne was my favorite rapper for a long time. Way I got to say, I can't believe I forgot bro He the main person that made me want to rapt. Way yeah, A little wait, but then Broa when I think when you stuff, when I seen be doing it, I was like, oh yeah, maybe I should try to fuck it, you know what I mean. I start trying and and but you know, I was never really that good at it, Like you go back to my twenty eleven twenty ten shit, I wasn't that good at it. And then I heard people used to always say jay Z was the best for best rapper to ever do it, and for me, I never really understood it because and then I heard him say someone times like yo, people just ain't listening so they can't catch up to what I'm saying, something like that. And then one day, you know, I just heard, like you know, it was just like mumbo jumbo. You know, for me as a person who didn't really listen to rap music, but Wayne somehow connected to me. But one day on the way to work ups this click versus playing, and then he said everything he said on that verse, and I said, yo, I just get it.
Speaker 4: It was like an awakening. I was like, yo, I fucking get it. Jay Z is the best. I was like, yo, hold up. I was like, let me go back, let me listen to all this man ship. Then I started listening. I started understanding. I don't know if I got smarter or what.
Speaker 1: I got smarter than I finally started understanding what bro was saying. But like I started because I really appreciate words, you know what I'm saying. So he really is a worsmith for real. So like I started listening to everything he was saying. I was like, yeah, I gotta get better at rapping for sure, you know what I mean. And then shit, that's kind of.
Speaker 2: Jay Z's first album. I didn't I didn't even get it. I wasn't getting money at the time. Then I started getting money.
Speaker 1: I was like, you couldn't relate.
Speaker 3: You couldn't relate to that some money.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, all right, I've been looking at your wrists this whole time. I'm a watch cornoisur holds of VVS diamonds. That is a very beautiful watch. What is that?
Speaker 1: Uh? This is a rich Can you help me out here? It's just ibby right coat? Can you show it to the camera?
Speaker 2: Plan holy ship, it's it's blinding people, it's lying.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna I stick out some braze bowl dust on it. I ain't clean this one. It looks it looks band appreciate it. I only got it because, I mean because of the tour and ship. I was like, you know what, I ain't got no background dancers, none of that. So I was like, I need sometime some dancing.
Speaker 7: You know, I've never heard of that.
Speaker 2: That no bad his his risk is his background. Dann sas motherfucker believe that. Holy moly moly, your dad is a beautiful beautiful Are you in the watchers?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Not really, not really, No, you're not You're not in the ship.
Speaker 1: I only got it, not really.
Speaker 2: Shot for you, just yo. But yo, I ain't gonna lie to you. I admire that for you, like the fact that the industry hasn't you know what I'm saying, Like I see your motherfucker into this industry and the way they come pause, the way they enter, and the way they consumed you. It's too different. You ain't let it affect you. You didn't let it make you a bad person. Trust me, I've saw it all. Thank you, and I'm gonna take a shot to you being human. Thank you, bro, appreciate that's real ship human. That's a crazy pause though, you know that, you know what I'm trying to say, like, yes, thank you, thank you for correcting what he paused me.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: But you have no idea how many people you see coming up pause and when when.
Speaker 1: When it's time for them to you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And that's when they want to be humble, that's when they want to be cool people.
Speaker 1: And then no one takes their call. Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but boy when they there, homie, God, I tell them I'm there. I've been here twenty five years.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna stay here. You might not. I gat me more.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry I went. I went. No, but for real, man, like yo yo. I watched Rory and Maul your interview and Rory just called me as funny as hell. And Ory said that the time that he went to your show, it was the most females he ever seen.
Speaker 1: In New York City. Come out, maybe you gotta it's a breezy bubble, of course, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: With me.
Speaker 1: I mean, but like they're there for the you know, no, they said this is your show, Chris Brown about show? It was your show? Yeah, come on.
Speaker 2: Rory said that he went to your show at Webster Hall and it was the most females in New York City that he ever saw.
Speaker 1: Did you know that? I mean he said it to you, Yes, he said it to you. You know, you know, you know, no is that is that something? Does that make you a sex symbol? Nah? Definitely not. Do you think you're a sex symbol? No? When you make sexy fucking music, right, I appreciate that, man, I appreciate that. No, I'm just nerve.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: Let's just be chilling. That was a whole gamer man, I just be chilling, like you know, the girls are like me, like me and the girls who don't you know whatever. I just make music and you know for people who you know love women, and I appreciate women a lot, so you know you don't think the new Definitely not. I'll be sure none of those. I'm just a guy who's uh, I'm just I'm just a guy who's in the house. Break.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take a shot for you, man, because I wanted to give you your flowers.
Speaker 1: Solo, Solo should go take a shot. I don't want to, and I just want to say something real quick. That's one. Everybody didn't know that. I just ran in New York City, motherfucking marriga.
Speaker 2: I think this is no other artists. I would have came out.
Speaker 1: For a pause, stop that ship, bro, but I would have been in bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they said I appreciate you got right, and I'm coming off he came shimmering. He was like, yeah for you, motherfucker because you and the motherfucker. So is there anything that you felt like you didn't do in the industry that you is this something that you want to get an accomplished.
Speaker 1: I ain't really collaborated with all the people that I would have loved to collaborate. I won't name the names, but like, I really love but let's go it out there in a positive way. YEA, Yeah, Well I love artists, I love people that create. I appreciate icons. I appreciate people who you know, it's not easy to bring people out to your shows. You know, a thousand people, five thousand people, ten thousand people that some people doing fifty thousand and six the Bridge Bowl's crazy. So it's like anybody that can do that, like, I appreciate them, you know what I'm saying. And you know, there's so many people that I would just have loved to work with, not because I feel like it could do something for me, or like it's gonna bring me more money or more fans, or like I get a chance to shit on them on the song and sang better than them, or rap better than them. But just because we get to make something create people to you know, to just enjoy and live with for their life, you know. And there's a lot of people in the industry that I really never got the chance to like sit in the studio and chop it up with and be like yo, whatever and then we make a song. You know. I used to think that that's how the music industry was, like, you know, because in high school, I wasn't really the cool guy, so you know, but I was really fucking good at music. So I was like, you know, that made me cool. So whenever I started looking at the music industry, I was like, okay, ship, when I get a music industry, it's gonna be like I'm meeting all my my people. This is my table right here, like all the people in high school that wasn't you know, I had no table there, like this is my table. And then I got there and it just was like more tables, a lot of tables. I was like, my damn, you know, and I was just like, holy shit. Uh so that's probably the one thing that I haven't done. But want me throw a couple of features that I think I would like I love shot that. I don't know if she that would come out the you know, she don't come out, but but I would. I would do that. I would do that. Who's producing that I would? I mean probably probably Charlie, but I would let her do. I was like, yo, shot that, What do you need me to do? Like if it's just an ad lib? If I just got to sing in a lower octave under you and I don't even get no shine in time like no verse, you just sing it back up? I don't get it damn. You know, like I'm doing that taking a shot for that took still on? How about a joint with Josh? Yeah, I do that. I want I want them to push me to be a better singer for sure, you know, so I would. I would try to do some ship that I've never done before.
Speaker 2: Now up, up, who is somebody you would want to write for? C? B.
Speaker 1: Drake? Those are people always named for, I mean, name a lot of female artists. You know, I haven't really gotten into my songwriting bag so like to be honest, like it's hard for me to really to say, but those will be the people that come to mind, like right away, and honestly newer artists who you know, don't have nothing at all, like let me, let me, let me write from ship for you, Like if there's somebody out there, honestly, another thing is like FIRS, a rapper with a really really really really good rapping voice, I would write for them just because, like the thing that about me is like the fact that I'm a singer. You know, people will never in a million years ever take me serious as a rapper. It's just how it goes. When you sing really good or whatever, you make really good R and B songs and then you rap, They're just gonna be like you're trying to rap. Even if you rap than anybody else, you know what I'm saying, It's just like nah, you're trying to blah blah blah, or like I don't like when you rap whatever. So I would take all my raps and I would give it to somebody who has that rapper you know, rapper voice and that rapper energy. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You think like one time I came outside, right, I was in Puerto Rico, in fact, I'm going to Puerto Rico tonight, and the dude bumped into me.
Speaker 1: And he sung me my song. Guys, he was this is me as he was this singer. Yeah, he was like.
Speaker 2: I looked at it and it's awesome to me. But I looked at this guy and I was like, holy shit, and I knew that record is bigger than me, but he knew it was you, right, hell no, oh that's even hell know, like the video wasn't really out.
Speaker 1: Like that, like you know what I mean, like Puerto Rican.
Speaker 2: Maybe he thought she looked like the video wasn't out yet, so he's no, it's he just really wanted to beef with me.
Speaker 1: And want to be for him that song in his head.
Speaker 2: Do you like, do you think that music sometimes superseds a person's image?
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely absolutely. I'm one of those people. You know, there's so many people that be like I never knew what you looked like. There'd be some people that be trying so hard to.
Speaker 2: Not know what I look like because you're like you're like you're like hip hop's clark In. Yeah, you get what I'm trying to say, Like you can put on your cape when you go perform, but then you can take it off and you go and be ship. And I said, I seen you in a restaurant.
Speaker 1: He was mad.
Speaker 2: I was think, you ain't loading. But what I'm saying is that's fucking that's genius. Yeah, that's genius that you can do. Do you feel like, because this is a very hard question, do you even like being famous?
Speaker 1: Nah? I was just talking to somebody about this earlier.
Speaker 2: Nah, just because I mean, it definitely has this perks, you know, but like you don't want to wait and there's a couple of lines in the restaurant. Yeah, that's what I was gonna say, Like I get to skip up people the apple.
Speaker 1: I guess that's okay, you know what I'm saying, Like that's the one thing, and the other thing is like, you know, you still get to use your fame to get money later on in life, you know, m And that's cool. But other than that, what other perks doesn't really have to being famous? You know? And bro, yeah, it's just like you know, I've never been, don't get me wrong. In the first year when I came out, like it was cool to see people knowing who I was, but mainly because I love music so much and the fact that people knew my music and they see me on the street, it was different. You know what I'm saying. It was like, oh, Ship, like people recognize me. But like after a while, I was like, Okay, I don't. I don't care to be famous at all. Like you're different. I want to walk around like I don't give a funk about Like I'll be the nigga waiting outside in the line to get in the club if I have to, like I'll be trying to skip line and ship like I be chilling, you know, and I'm just.
Speaker 2: Look, Josey, you have a question, you have any questions you want to This is your biggest.
Speaker 1: Fan, you know. That's that's good. We got a song. We got a song. Let's repeat?
Speaker 3: What is.
Speaker 1: Okay? Yes? Yeah, shout out to Caroline. Man, we've been friends for a long time. You know, we both kind of came into the music industry somewhere around the same time. And uh yeah, we got we got, we got, we got a song together. You know, we always just been you know, real friends. So like, you know, we never forced the music. We do have something. I think it might be coming out. I don't know, so yeah, yeah, Ship, I'm taking a shot for that. I'm sorry, man, Yeah, so what what what is I know?
Speaker 2: I asked this earlier, so my access him reverse because I asked alive and you picked Drake and you picked So Now I was like, what would be your dream collab of a person that's passed away? Who would you Who would you dig up from the grave?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. That has to be music, right, No, I mean, go ahead, pick anybody. Now that's direction because like I love I swear to god, I love music so much, but like not to the point where I wanted to think him up out of the grave. Okay, grave, Like, man, I wish I wish you could have did a song like I don't think I like, I don't think I cared that much about music. But if there's somebody I was like, I just wish I could have picked their brain and just talk to them and tell them to tell them about my ideas. Be Steve Jobs. For sure, I didn't expect that, but I didn't. I'm really really curious about just like what was going on? Is oude of his mind? You know I'm mistaking about.
Speaker 2: Okay, So let me ask you this, speaking of Steve Jobs, do you respect streaming?
Speaker 1: Streaming? Yeah, well, I gotta say streaming is the main reason why I'm the highest certified R and B song.
Speaker 2: So, like I remember at one point people were mad at you for keeping loading up a sound Clouds. They wanted you to stay on Apple, they wanted you to be pe. You kept you kept going back to sound even Soundclouds still streaming. Yeah, it's almost like free though, like Geff free, and a lot of people don't really I mean sorry SoundCloud, but there's a lot of people.
Speaker 1: That don't have it, you know. I mean they're going to Spotify, They're going to Yeah, that platform is not used as much as it. Yeah, but I gotta you know, a soft spot a special place in my heart for SoundCloud because for one reason, and one reason only really is just because it's just lip not just that too thousand percent. And in this instant, like when I'm feeling something like and I love what I'm doing, I'm like, I gotta drop this tonight, right. You can control when that compit? Yeah, I can drop. I can litle go on my computer. That that is, that is that is I can't do that way for music. I can't do that with Spotify. I got a call this person and that's the second for the Yeah, and as an artist, I ain't really trying to do all that, you know what I mean, Like if I'm just feeling something, you know, fans like, we want music, we want music, you know what I'm saying. I feel like SoundCloud is the easiest way. But you know, so a lot of times when I did that, they would be pissed because they're like, why are you still dropping on SoundCloud? Like you know you're getting free music?
Speaker 3: What do you mean about a lot of artists came out for SoundCloud, but there was a whole generation of art discovered.
Speaker 1: I believe he's king. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying, Like, you got to give SoundCloud his credit? Yeah, yeah, we will. And it was another time.
Speaker 2: You posted a picture online with your girl, people were mad at you that you.
Speaker 1: Were happy that happened. Yeah, what the fuck is this? So?
Speaker 2: Is it true that they want they want you guys to be sad to make a thousands. They think that you have to be sad to make good. The reason why they were I just know they wanted you to they want me to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They would always tell my girl, like, you know, break his heart so we can get into love. Man, I'm kind a terrible fan. Is that?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: This is horrible. It's hard. Yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you do you believe that that you have to go through pain to make your music?
Speaker 1: No, that's not the case at all, because a lot of people are like, yo, Trap, So he was heartbroken. It's just like, how do you How would y'all know that I'm heartbroken? You know what I mean? Nobody knew what I was going on, and I don't want to spoil the magic for nobody. I'm not going to y'all who Trap Soul was about.
Speaker 2: Who.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna I don't even want to ruin it for people, So like, think whatever you think. But like, you know, I definitely wasn't heartbroken. You know. It's just like as humans, we have we have our days, you know, we go we go through specific things. One day we might be feeling this way, you know, and like when I'm feeling a certain way, I wrote about it. You know, I'm feeling happy and I'm feeling good, like I'm about to make it and like all my ex is gonna be calling I made this song. Sorry, not sorry, you know what I'm saying. So it was like it was different emotions, you know, that I was feeling so well for people to be like, you know, yeah, break his heart so we can get a new album. Like bro, I just you know, it's not my job, you know, like y'all need therapist, yeah, for real life or like you know, I mean even my my Solid, the album that I just released was the first time since Trap, so I was like, you know, what the fuck it, I'm gonna be super vulnerable, you know, and talk about like some of my hard times and what I'm what I'm going through, so so people can just relate to it, because I know that sometimes people need to hear other people talk about their feelings so they could feel comfortable to talk about theirs or you know, like they need something that's gonna help them heal and to heal me ship. Like I was listening to the you know, my last album Solid on the on the treademill a lot. But I still think it's fucked up that, like, you know, people would just you know, I think they do that to Ryle Wave too. They're like, yo, make sad music again. It's just like he he ain't or not, like he don't want to do sad kind of do it to Oi y'all. It kind of went y'all side yeah, but like that's like you got you got some other issues you gotta work out. There's so many other songs music that you can listen to. That's like for me personally, like I'm not listening to those sad music to help me get through my sadness. Like so see me personally, like I'm not. That's not like I think I was listening to Latin music the entire time I was heartbroken. I was listening to nothing but Latin music because I didn't understand none of the lyrics and I was like, I was like, it sound like music and they happy and talk about exactly. I'm just like, yo, this is what I'm rocking, you know what I mean, just because like I don't want to hear nothing that's gonna put me deeper in that, you know, Like yeah, like I don't know. So I hate that, I really do, But at this point it don't matter to me no more. They can say whatever they want, make this type of music, make that type music. I'm going to make whatever the fuck I feel like making.
Speaker 2: You know, so, you're one of the only artists that dropped the double album, and like this era.
Speaker 1: Oh for real? Yeah, what do you mean this era?
Speaker 2: Like I believe the last time a double album was Biggie and Tupac.
Speaker 1: No, no, no Scorpion. Oh it's a double goddamn it? My bad? Yeah, all right, my bad.
Speaker 2: You know, niggas I recognized dropping a double album.
Speaker 1: I would say that this might be. I mean, now, I got to say that Bruh's album was a true double album too, though, because he did like arm mostly like R and B feels and shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Rap on right, Okay to me, let me make my question make more sense us knowing that you being the writer, like we want to get paid for like eight to ten songs when you do that double album, that double album is basically that second album is basically a giveaway? Did you honestly you knew that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Shut out? Shut out my manager, man, you found out talking a lot about this. But like, I don't be doing it for that reason. Man. I think what I was going through with Solace and Ship, it was so sad that I was like, bro, I just want to have fun. I ain't trying to think about all the other ship And the main reason I did, I decided to make it a double album. Solace was supposed to be his own thing, and then the Vices was like, you know when I dropped whatever She Wants or whatever that came out and it was going crazy. I was like, whatever he wants, God damn it. Man, like up that record.
Speaker 2: Every time a person gets into an argument with the girl, they girl plays whatever.
Speaker 1: See it's cool to you man ahead, but nah, So when I had that song, it was going crazy. I had my last album, which is called it was the Bright until album was self titled, and I was like, it was like mostly like a bunch of R and B shit, and I was like, yo, I was sitting on the four minute. I was like, Yo, let's pivot, let's do it. Let's do it like an album that feels like this, that's catered to the women, that's fun, just flying vibe, you know what I mean. And you know, they was like, nah, we should just you know, we should just put it as a bonus on this album. And you know, I was a little upset about that because I was like, I guess we can do that, you know. So we ended up putting it as a bonus on the album, and you know, it just sucks because it's like it's the most popular, it's the most stream song on that album, and like, you know, even I feel like even Quincy Jones would listen to the album maybe, like nah, this ain't the best song on the album, you know what I mean? This is lod whatever she wants, whatever the fuck I'm talking about, you know what I mean. But that's other songs like Prize on there or like just I won't even get into it, but that's songs where I'm really singing, I'm putting a lot of armonies in Charlie Heat really doing his thing, and like they all got overshadowed and overlooked because people is looking for whatever she wants. They're like, Yo, where's that where's that energy at? You know what I'm saying. And I wanted to do that, but you know, people you know labels like nah, So you.
Speaker 2: Think you are like a victim of your own success, because now I'm gonna give you an example, right and then I know you went through this, so I'm gonna just say it. When I did what what What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Then I came out with oh no, right after that, it was the same exact thing, and they compared it to.
Speaker 1: That don't was so huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that they kept comparing you know what I'm saying like that, it's not don't, but it's it's good. Do you do you feel like you're victim of your own success like that? Oh no, uh, because everywhere they say the compared to your last head, they always compare to see.
Speaker 1: Your last Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I mean, That's what I'm That's what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 1: Well, fortunately for me, don't wasn't my last head, you know what mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But yeah, like yeah, I've heard people say make another don't, But like I've always been the type of artist that, like, I'm not trying to make the same song. And there's people out there that will argue, like all his music sound the same, He's just making the same song over and over and over about you. Yeah, yeah I've heard that. But like I'm just boalid because the songs that literally don't sound like each other at all, you know what I mean. But now, like I don't like trying to make the same like even me as an artist, Oh no, no, I'm sorry. As a fan listening to artists, I'm not like, Yo, I need Frank Ocean to make another Channel Orange. I need him make I need jay Z to make another you know what I mean? Like for what made it? You know what I mean? Like he already made it for me to listen to, So like why do I need him to go make another one of those? But a lot of these fans nowadays, they just they really and shiit. People might see this and be like, nah, you don't know what he's talking about. We need you need to go back and make it again. Like it's like nah, but that's not how it works, you know. Like you know, so for me, I don't really pay too much attention when people say that. I just keep making ship And you know, I'm so glad. I thank God that I'm blessed and I've been able to just continue to take care of my family and and make money in the music industry doing whatever the fuck. But I really want to do you know what I'm saying. But I listened to him every Here's when I when I do my fans a solid, you know, those people that really rock with trap soul. Every anniversary, So like when it's a five year anniversary or a ten year anniversary. For the five year anniversary, I dropped the album called Anniversary, paying homage to Trap Soul, which is my first album. Like I didn't call it Trap so Too because I'm just like, that's that's just suicide. I'm like, but I'm gonna compare it, you know what, But I'm compared it anyway. But like this is what that is. You're paying how much to yourself, like to it. So I did that, and then on the ten years I dropped Solad, so I was like, yo, I'm paying homage and I'm going back and tapping into that bag, you know, even getting the old beats that I was listening to back then. But even still it don't matter, like they're still gonna be like nah, it's still not the same, you know what I mean. But you know it's like when you hear people make new new Christmas music, you know what I'm saying, Like somebody might make a new original Christmas song and it ain't gonna hit as hard as the Frank Sinatra and all that, you know, all them Christmas songs. Then you make a Christmas album. I did, but it's not a shame, yeah, but not making a point that like, you know, it ain't nostalgia. People are really driven by nostalgia and they think like.
Speaker 3: Now, but they can plain now and then five ten years later look back at Oh man, that was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly. That's why you can't listen to it in and now. Nope at all. He's got to keep moving forward and even listen to none of that. I just right now. I'm in the space ever since twenty twenty. You know, I recently posted something like, yo, it's a common misconception that pricing till it don't drop enough, And I hate hearing that shit he don't drop enough. But like I've been dropping ever since twenty twenty, Like I haven't stopped. It's the algorithm, it's the social media, it's all that. It's the brutal industry that's keeping me suppressed and keeping me, you know, smothered to where it's like nobody would ever know that I'm releasing, you know what I mean. Twenty twenty, I dropped my anniversary album twenty twenty one, I dropped I Think the Deluxe, and then I went into the Christmas album, and then I dropped a ten year anniversary of my first mixtape ever, Killer Instinct Too, and then I dropped BTA, the album which I was working on nine stop putting out singles when I could, and then then I came out with slum Till the mixtape. Singage was Whatever she Wants was featured on That's three three I think three of them. And then I came out with a double album this year and like I'm working on the next ship, you know what I'm saying. So it's like I can't I'm saying all that to say, like you know, it's just people like all here and dropping. I was just like, nah, you just you know, you can't. You can't see it, you can't hear it.
Speaker 2: And that's cool, you know, just the mean lot of question for me, this is my favorite question in Dream Champs history.
Speaker 1: Independent or major. I never experienced what it was like to be independent, so I couldn't really tell you. I'm trying to learn a little bit more. I'm trying to I'm trying to learn. I'm trying to learn a little bit more what what what it means to be independent. That's somebody I was gonna reach out to. Don't that I want to be not that I want to be independent, but more so just because I just want to understand what it means to be independent.
Speaker 3: I would imagine in the R and B field, it would be a lot more different.
Speaker 1: I would say. Right now, as an artist, it feels like that the labels are just bank, you know, like just what a bank? Yeah, I mean that you're correct, because it's not like they're taking this song.
Speaker 3: And making it independent is wrong. But listen, you can't say that right now. It's different than back then.
Speaker 1: Man, we got, we got, we got. Back then we got what's my man name? N B A young boy and that's it. He independent. Now I forgot, I forgot, I forgot, all right, But what I know, man, there's a lot who else is killing the independent?
Speaker 2: Come on, russells Russell ship you make it points then you will to the Russ and Russells, Russell and Russ Oh Christian artists?
Speaker 1: No, bro, who's the wressel Man from the area? Oh my bad? Okay, okay, my bad. I thought it was La Russell, but yeah, maybe it is Russell. Yeah yeah, but you ain't fucking independent. I mean, I don't know who who's I'm signing r C. Okay, I've been signing like that. He liked that major. I'm signed R G A. I mean, I don't know if that's good or bad, but like you know, shout out to them. As long as that money comes along. Yeah, as long as you're successful and flourishing.
Speaker 2: Independent is yeah, you don't want to be independent, you know, you don't listen.
Speaker 1: Don't listen to this guy.
Speaker 2: Man like the Wall, it's not for everybody, but you will go back to the Sheraton and not good.
Speaker 3: And he's speaking from the era in the nineties when the labels were flushed with money and they were just showing these artists with money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he's talking from a different area, the Major. That sounds fun when you stay in Major. Yeah, no, hold on, let me cheers with you. What is that ma majuana? What exactly? It's room based? It's a Dominican drink. Okay, who over there? All Dominicans?
Speaker 2: All Dominicans when they find out they drinking wanat.
Speaker 1: You open up.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the game for a second. Stuart, Uh, you've been is that it ship? Holy moleague wakamo brutal industry? Okay, so you're selling a console.
Speaker 1: I'm not selling the console, but like this is a handheld what consoles a handheld piece, It's called an antag. I got like six of them. But it's like different, and your phone is a Macintosh. What it looks like? Actize you really want to see now? But this is this is brutal industry. It's like it's like I said, it's a handheld PC, so I can like extract files and ship. But you know, I basically just download. Every Friday we get a new build that comes out, and yeah, I download my game on here, I test it out, we play it, we see where it goes. And you know what I'm saying? And what is it like a downloadable app game or is it it's a real game that comes out on all platforms.
Speaker 2: And uh so I have to buy that council to get that? No, no, no, the Xbox yeah, Xbox any anywhayo switch? How about my phone downloaded?
Speaker 1: And wow too? Yeah, so I started working on this back in twenty twenty. And uh, but is that your console that you know it is? Okay? Yeah? Just so uh that little Yeah, I've never said it like some Japanese ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Antex. This is like I was gonna give it to my daughter because we got pink on it, but I just bought it to see how it runs my game or whatever. But it's a handheld PC essentially, it's just a PC Windows essentially. So and what's the premise of the game. I heard he's killing CEOs. Uh, he wants to be independent. It's about it's about the music industry.
Speaker 2: I can't say, yeah, yeah, it's telling leles and.
Speaker 1: It's a very satirical game about the music industry. You know, I think a lot of times this industry is like the ship that I go through is laughable. You know. I'm just like, damn, Like, I can't believe that is that way.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I've been somebody that's in the house, Like I said, I'm a nerd, like I play video games, and I've seen this music industry ship. Make somebody send some goons after me, like we gotta get Brice until it touched because of they get touched because he disrespected me man and he owed me or whatever. That's just like, damn, bro, it's a brutal industry, man like, And I think it's sad. It's really sad that, you know, artists are gonna have to go through this ship. You gotta ship that you might not expect. Like I said, I stopped talking to everybody when my daughter was born just to see you know what I mean, I didn't know what was gonna happen. Yeah, who's gonna fuck with me? And then once I popped off, which I didn't know was gonna happen, all of a sudden, everybody started coming out the world words talking about oh miss oh, I'm met, and we're gonna we're gonna put death threats outside the house. Oh yeah, yeah yeah, like O W E. So yeah, that's just you know, and then dealing with egos in the music industry, dealing with the media, you know what I'm saying, like media, but like you know, there's some people out there that are, like y'all that they got malicious intent and they're doing it because they know, you know, like I said, there's gonna be some clips from this ship that I'm probably gonna hate to see. But I ain't even on social media right now, like I'm just chilling. H no, broom, turn this off, but out right now. But not like you know, the industry is just it's fucked up with artists have to go through, you know, just there's so many different things that I just have made characters out of and I love anime and there's a lot of anime influenced in this game. And yeah, I just.
Speaker 2: I just want to give you a slight bit of advice. You're a legend. Uh, let me let me finish your a legend. You're on your way to be in the icon, and there's moments that I don't want you to to miss. Yeah, enjoy this ride is cool. This ride is cool and and and I feel like you're being careful. So you're not like really in like you know what I'm saying. You're looking at the ride, but you know that.
Speaker 1: That that ride is going to go up.
Speaker 2: You're in Great Adventures, right, so you know that you're on the ride, So you're being super careful and you're not I want you to enjoy this more. You are a legend, bro, You're a legend. These people came out here. Look at all these people turn around. We do this for ten years. Everyone was like, listen, you're alleged. So I went as you know you know what your own family. You're our family, whether you know it or not. You know what I'm saying, Like, coming through Rich Rich is my family. You want my family. I'm your family, and I want you to enjoy this a little bit more, if I can give you a little bit of advice, just a little bit of advice. Enjoy this ride because so many people ain't gonna get this, so many people like I just ran on New York City Marathon and I've seen people fall in front of me. They felt they came right to the fucking finish line and fell and I couldn't pull them because they wouldn't wh me. But you're at the finish line, and I'm gonna tell you something. I want to pull you with me because you are a good dude, and enjoy this motherfucking ride because it's ride is beautiful.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry I got got old, got older, old on your own.
Speaker 2: That was old, but yeah, not for real, because I was just living a beautiful life.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: If you heard my question, I'm just what's what? What's the legend to you? To you? To me?
Speaker 2: A legend is person who stays outside, who doesn't listen to the critiques of these people fall for both of our second album, and they comes back outside and the press bevers and keeps going. And I know that word might have just sounded a little crazy, but it keeps going and does not let anybody crack them, And let me just tell you something.
Speaker 1: You have done that. You have done that already. Celebrate yourself.
Speaker 2: Pat yourself on the back, and just in case if you don't want to, I'll help you pat yourself on the back. Bro, you are fucking legend. Accept that ship, bro, accept it because because that's the That's the beautifulest thing about this is I know that you're accepting where you at. But you're also like, man, fuck this all right, which is cool.
Speaker 1: I've been there. But you have to look over that ship.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: You already made it. You're already who it is. There's people who already look up to you. Yeah, they're inspired by you. So you just got to accept that ship. Bro, You're a fucking legend and accepted.
Speaker 1: I'm just is that cool? Is that cool? Yes? I just want you to know that.
Speaker 2: I want you to know that, like for real, because I know what you humble, Yeah, and sometimes being humble it's next to being like not accepting your credits, you know what I'm saying. And now you got to accept your credits. Bro, You got to look at the fucking the end of the film, the end of the film. Your name is dead as fucking executive you know what I mean. Solute to you, brother, Thank you, bro, Solute to you, appreciate it. And salute to your crew for holding them down. Salute to you being here man, because this is this is this is beautiful and I wanted to give you your flowers, brother, and I thank you.
Speaker 1: But this is the last question. How many babies do you think you made? Damn?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Did you make love making music? Motherfucker? You know people used to say that to me, and I never understood because I was like, really making love to this, like motherfucker's to your ship. That's wowd I don't know, man, I'm happy that I contributed you like three three thousands, maybe three hundred thousand babies, who knows, man. I really just hope that I made a lot of men question question the decisions, you know what I'm saying, and and or not even just had just people men they relationships that they might have broken, you know, more than babies.
Speaker 4: You know, hopefully some babies came out of that. But like you know, if you just meant like I just want to help people get through.
Speaker 1: They they mentioned the sart their relationships or just really think about it, like damn, you know what, maybe maybe I did up. You know, maybe I need to like, maybe I need to revisit that and and see it from a different perspective.
Speaker 2: So, so, is there ever a record that you you thought you went too personal on? Because I know you personal question? Uh ship, I can't. I can't recall right now.
Speaker 1: Especially not about your girl your ex's. Yeah, I can't, I can't recall.
Speaker 3: Just leave that alone, like you never released music or an album and and kind of like social media.
Speaker 1: Where you kind of like I kind of exposed too much there. Definitely my second album for Shure, I was like, yeah, I'm saying, wait, way too much, you know, Like the Alcum cover itself was inspired by like that that MTV show is called True Life or something shit, exposing like what people are like really going through. I was like, this is all I know that I'm just telling them what I'm going through. So but it was too much, you know. So listen, man, what day?
Speaker 2: Me and you going, Hey, I just diss each other about our second album.
Speaker 1: Because you ain't letting it go. And his second album is a classic in my opinion.
Speaker 2: So I relate to you so much because I know exactly how you feel. Because it's exactly how I feel. But thank you man for being here.
Speaker 1: Man. I appreciate that man.
Speaker 2: Appreciate your energy, appreciate rich appreciate all this.
Speaker 1: Ship man like Yo, You're a legend.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: I want to give your flowers. Take a picture. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e f N.
Speaker 1: Listen to Drink.
Speaker 3: Champs on Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thank thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real noriagon ig at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com