Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: We got a special one for ya tonight, y'all, special, real special.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So this is one of the ones, man, This is one of those ones that everybody has been asking for for a long time, and what better time to do it than now? So this is this is gonna be you know, a very educational, informational session.
Speaker 5: What's going on? Brother?
Speaker 3: So, my guy, how you brocuse everything with Troy?
Speaker 2: What up? Brother, my guy? What's going on with you?
Speaker 3: Brother?
Speaker 2: You see that set up? That mean something legendary about to happen. Yes, don't be confused. Legendary movements about to happen. Y'all.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the Welcome to the big show.
Speaker 3: Thank you, my brother, thank you.
Speaker 5: Draft ed and.
Speaker 2: With the number one E selects they call him mister smooth out there. You know, see that being served down to the heights. Dykeman, What up? Man?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me intro Chris. So if you don't know Chris. Chris has been teaching for us for months now at Eyo University. I think it actually teaches two classes a week and just breaks down stocks like one of the best to actually on the educational side to actually explain it from a technical standpoint, from charts, but also just from a you know, a baseline level, explaining you know stocks, how it works, how to get in, you know, how to open a brokerage account, you know all this stuff like you know, and that's one of the things with ey University that we try to do because I know, sometimes when we when we just talk and you might just hear it in on market Mondays or just on you on Instagram, it's kind of tough. It's kind of tough to just you know, move at the beginning level if you're just starting out. If we have an advanced conversation, So we always try to bring it back to the you know, a understanding so everybody can understand it from beginning to advance.
Speaker 5: And it's on going education that we do every single week.
Speaker 4: So yeah, Chris is one of one of our favorite teachers professors that we have at Eyo University. So being that, you know, he was thinking about a topic to talk about, and I'm like, oh, this is perfect topic because everybody kept keeps asking about puts, how to short stock. Obviously the stock market is going down right now, so you know, most people are under the common misconception that you only make money when stocks go up, but that's not necessarily true. You can make money from stocks actually going down. Well, and that's what we're going to talk about today, like how you know the whole thing, like what it actually means, what a putt is, you know, how to short the stock, things of that nature. So of course, like anything, you know, there's risk involved, so you know, do your research, be careful. It's not to tell you like this is what to do, like you should do this play right now tomorrow, but it's to provide you information that will equip you moving forward if you want to be a trader.
Speaker 2: I think that's that's one of the best things about Chris, so like not only do we talk about the things, but he actually shows you why you're looking at he's looking at it, and why you should be looking at it in a very very detailed way. So I've been sneaking in the classes, Chris, I know, I'm just sneaking in those classes. So yeah, and assessing what we're learning is important too, right, And that's one of the things that he does as well. I think it's rightly important to say like, yeah, we're airing, Yeah we kind of understand it, but how do you know if you understand it? And so like having that assessment piece is dope too, So kudos to you, my brother.
Speaker 4: And it's also important to it's not necessarily like that this is the time where you have to short, but you should know how to short because there's always an opportunity to short stocks, and even if you don't use it should it should be part of your It's like, you know, it's like a carpenter. You have to have different tools in the toolbox. So you just can't have a hammer, that's it. Like you might have a school drive, you have a hammer, you have a wrench. So now when the time comes for you to use that tool, then you'll actually be prepared. So this is something that you can use now if you want, but it's not a situation where it's like you have to use it right now because the market is going down. It's just something that is extremely beneficial for you to learn. So you know, you could use it now if you want, or when the time comes, if you have a stock that you feel is the right stock to actually put a put on or the short then you'll be ready. So yeah, that's what that's what this is about. So I'll just give a quick overview once again. Welcome to everybody on YouTube that's joining us. We do this once a month, the last Wednesday of the month at eight o'clock Eastern Standard time. What we call open Enrollment is kind of an open window to eyl University and it just kind of gives you a preview, a sneak peak of what we actually do every single week. And as I said, Chris is somebody that actually teaches multiple classes for US weekly, So you know this is this is a good indicator of what's.
Speaker 5: Going on inside the e y University.
Speaker 4: So I'll talk more about Eyo University later on, but without further ado, I'll hand it off to Chris and let him let him, let him get in his bag.
Speaker 3: Definitely, definitely. First of all, thanks again trying to shot for the great opportunity to talk about such a vital topic today, and that is how do you actually make money in a bear market, in a correction market? How do you actually make money and become profitable? So today's all about knowing how to get into puts, how to short, but most importantly knowing the technicals behind it to actually have the confirmation to make money. So with that being said, for those that do not know me, I'm Christopher Munios. I'm a cybersecurity product manager at Microsoft. That's my main you know career or you know job that I currently have. I'm a big, big advocate for STEM careers. I'm mostly the foundering CEO of Level of Academy is an educational platform. The founder CEO of Level of Apago, foundering CEO of Level of Financial, which is a creditor payer, and also bus is funding company, and most of the CEO of MVR Luxury Rental. So if you're ever in Miami and you want to get a nice car, a nice crib boat, everything like that, we definitely have that. So definitely feel free to tape in when it comes to that. Something critical that Rashad mentioned was that you have to be flexible. Right Oftentimes as an investor, as a trader, you probably have just one go to strategy. And the best thing when it comes to being a good investor or a good trader, is that you have to be an athlete. You got to be adaptive, you got to be flexible to all changing markets, and you got to have different tool kits when it comes to your bag to really profit, and right now is a very very tough time, you know, to profit. However, I'm definitely going to you know, dissect technical analysis today and give you the direct tools that you need to be able to make money. Right There's one word that I definitely want you to write down today and that is stackflation. Stackflation is where we're at right now. Although the headlines on CNN and these different use press they say that we're about to enter that market, we're already there. So for those that do not know what stackflation is, tackflation is where we are at a point where there's no economic growth, is very stagnant. So consider a chart. When a chart is not trending either up or down, is going to trade sideways. That's the current economy that we're in right now. So there's definitely a big difference between stackflation and also a recession. So to give you a better picture of what it is, it is definitely a period of stagnant economic growth. Right, there's not much going on, but there's definitely high inflation. Inflation is at eight point two percent right now, right, and of course there's also high unemployment as well. Right. That is the key right now when it comes to this current market, and you have to understand that right now, you're probably not going to have a lot of trend or a lot of movement in the market. But it is very critical us for us to understand that we're already in that's tackflation market at the moment. Something else when it comes to stackflation, is that this is definitely a good opportunity to buy, is a good opportunity to dollar cost average. It's also a good opportunity to do more research when it comes to the stocks than you actually own. So I've been actually traveling the last couple of months and one of the questions that I do ask, and I am monitoring the chat here on YouTube, is that if you don't know the CEO of the company that you're investing in, are you really investing? Right? I've been to Atlanta, I've been to Miami, I'm about to go to the Bay Area, And every single time I do ask this question, do you know who the CEO of Nvidia is? Do you know who the CEO of a Microsoft is? If you don't know who the CEO is, what's the vision behind a company? What's their competitive advantage? And are you really investing or are you actually gambling your money and praying to God that you're actually going to make a profit. This is the mindset shift that I want every single person part of this life today to really change. And again, during this time of stackflation, is very very critical for you to allocate your funds and companies that are going to be here five to ten years from now. So again, stackflation, it is definitely caused by a slow or stagnant economic growth. Inflation it is definitely increasing. I think all of us definitely feel it. And of course the unemployment is also increasing at this time. Just to add on to that, a bear market always comes to an end. And I'm always going to say this, and there's actually gonna be a lot of things that I'm going to cover throughout today that will hopefully give you more of a context and confirmation so that you're able to trade at ease and invest at ease. Bear markets always come to an end. And it's crazy, you know why? Because always the bad days are always easier to remember when it comes to anything, when it comes to life, when it comes to the stock market, when it comes to the futures market, when it comes to crypto, the bad day are always easier to remember. How come we never talk about the good days? How come we never talk about when Teslon was hit. It's hit, it hits sixteen hundred. Why weren't we happy and yelling at that time. Now when we actually have the opportunity to buy more and actually load the boat. Now, we're panicking and we're actually selling. So what is a beer market? Just to give some educational context here, a correction is a decline of ten percent, right, a correction decline of ten percent from the high of any security. This is more than normal and it is also very very healthy for those that are part of EYL, that are part of Level UP. I've seen the chat here we talk about market structure. After a high or high is going to have to make a rest. After you go to the gym and you do a set of squads or debtlifts, whatever it is, you're definitely going to take a rest. When you do a sprint, you're also going to take a rest. So it's very very healthy for a stock or any security to take a rest. So what is a beer market. A beer market is a decline of two twenty percent, right, So at its high, if we pull back more than twenty percent, we are indeed at a beer market. And we actually just introduced a beer market last week. So one thing about the beer market that I also want to talk about is that at this time, this is the generational buying opportunity. When the pandemic happened in the year of twenty twenty. COVID nineteen came through lots of people felt it. People needed to find a way to generate another stream of income. People were at home and they wanted to understand, how can it actually make my money grow? Where beer markets was the time to buy twenty twenty March twenty twenty, That was definitely the time to load the boat to be able to realize, you know, some good gains after we actually recovered. So it's very very critical for us to talk about that today and talk about how this is definitely the time where you want to go ahead and you want a dollar cost tiverage and you actually want to buy Nvidio, you want to buy Microsoft, you want to buy Apple, you want to buy your each like Vu and Vti. Why not the high of en video for this years, I think it's three forty six, you know, after earnings the things at one fifty seven. If if I'm not mistaken, it is definitely at a discount. So why not buy more? Generational buying opportunities don't come often. This is the second chance that we get in the last two years. I love stats, I love numbers, So for that reason, I'm going to bring up this chart here just so that we can decipher what we're talking about. Here, give me one second. Here we go so bear market, bull market. Here we have our bear market and red. Here we have our bull market in blue. The average duration of a bull market is two thousand and sixty nine days. Now, let's go ahead, and let's go ahead and compare that to a bear market of four hundred and forty six days. There's a big difference here. The average return of a bull market is two hundred and nine percent, whereas a bull market is negative thirty eight percent. Now, I want you to take look at the time span that I'm showing here from nineteen sixty six all the way to twenty and twenty two, nineteen sixty six all the way to to twenty two. Just look at the amount of bear markets, and then look at the gains every single time that we recovered nineteen eighty six. Look at the game twenty ten, Look at the game twenty twenty, Look at the game. So why are we scared now? If we're getting a second opportunity in the last two years, that if you missed a twenty twenty beer market, if you miss what happened in the pandemic maybe you were not. Maybe you were not investing at the time. Now this is your check, you know, your second chance to actually go ahead and get your portfolio up and going. I want you to keep in mind that this is indeed a sale. We are definitely at a sale. We intered a bear market. Something else about a bear market. Whenever we entered a bear market, we actually go down twelve percent and additional twelve percent, So we're definitely gonna keep going down. But if your favorite thought, like Nvidia is at a day, is at a discount of sixty fifty percent, why not buy it? So definitely keep this into account. Bull markets. There, we actually have more of a trending bull market than what we do when it comes to a beer market. Second, there we go. Another cool tool that I definitely recommend everybody to look at is the Fear and Greed Index. So the Fear Greed Index. You're definitely gonna find this on your finbas, You're going to find this on CNN, on Yahoo finance. And this right here is a very cool technical tool that allows you to understand what are the emotions that are driving the market. Right, What are the emotions that are actually driving the market do we have extreme fear or do we have extreme greed? For those in the chat, do we buy when we are in fear or do we buy when we are in greed. Let's go ahead and give it a couple of seconds here so that we can let the chat tap in. And the reason why I talk about this is because when we have extreme fear, that's when we want to go ahead and buy more. We want to load the boat. When the stock market is definitely pulling back, you do not want to go ahead and sell your stocks. And right now I have people hitting me up, Hey Chris, should I go ahead and sell them?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: You know in my entire portfolio and just realize this, you know, realize the loss. The mindset should be. You know what, the stock that I love maybe is square, maybe it's in Video, maybe it's Microsoft. The stock that I love is at a ridiculous discount. Why don't I Why don't I go ahead and buy more and have a heavier position. Now I'm going to put it more into a perspective when it comes to my community. Why every time that Gucci sneakers are down or have a discount of thirty percent, the lines are packed right outside when there's a Black Friday sale for Louis Baton, the lines are packed right outside. Why don't we actually have that exact same mindset for stocks that can really that can help us, you know, realize generational wealth and that we can actually pass down to our kids and hopefully generations down the road. Why do we have that exact same so you know, that exact same approach, And that's what I'm talking about here, extreme fear. We load the boat. This is totally fine. I want every single person to be at ease because this just presents opportunities to buy more and be able to have a larger position when it comes to those stocks that you actually love. And I you know, I see that we have two hands up. I'll go ahead and take those two questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna wait. We're gonna wait to after Chris.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, I got you. So here's the question, do you want more sauce? You know, we talked about the current market. The current condition we're definitely at a at a stackflation phase at the moment is very very different than what it is of a recession. It's all about that, you know, mindset shift. Let's let's talk about some bear market statistics, cause again we're definitely gonna hone in on that this definitely presents another buying opportunity. It presents a second chance. Right over a dozen of corrections have taken place since the year two thousand. This, Sha'll let you know what, It is totally okay that if we have a correction, is very very healthy for that stock. Double digit corrections occur on average every one point eight five years, subheading them. So it is totally okay that if we had a very great twenty twenty one, it's totally okay for you for us to have a small pullback or enter a beer market. Here in twenty twenty two, stocks lose thirty six percent on average in a bear market. By contrast, stocks gained one hundred and fourteen percent on average during a bull market. Just just think about that for a second. I mean, let us sink in for a second, thirty six percent to a gain of one hundred and fourteen percent. These are the numbers that I want you to think about every single day. So let's assume that you're gonna invest for fifty year, forty years, thirty years. You're trying to realize generational wealth like I am myself. Assuming a fifty year investment horizon, you can expect to live through about fourteen bear markets, give or take. It is totally okay to go through a bear market. Why because a bear market percent another opportunity for you to buy. Of the last ninety two years of market history, bear markets have comprised only about twenty point six of those years. Put another way, stocks have been on the rise for seventy eight percent of the time. If you ask me, seventy eight percent is not a bad number. Actually, it's a very lucrative number and definitely percent a lot of opportunities for you to buy, reinvest, reinterer, and definitely look at other stocks. Now, here's the big question that I have for every single person out you know in this part of this audience, part of this live is your portfolio recession proof? And this is what I really want to hone in on. I want every single person to really think about your portfolio and the stocks that you believe in every single day. Again, I talked about how in Miami, Atlanta, when I asked who's the CEO of a MD it was crickets in the room. It was definitely crickets. You need to understand a couple of different things. Who's the CEO. If you do not know who the CEO is, honestly, you should not be investing in that company. Here's why. When you invest into the stock market, which is a proven way for you, you know, for you to realize wealth, you're basically hiring the best CEOs across the world to make your money grow. If you do not know the vision of the company. If you do not know that Microsoft's one of the you know, one of Microsoft's biggest revenue is actually cloud computing, which is Azure. If you do not know what that is, are you really investing or are you actually gambling? If you do not know the competitive advantage that in Nvidia has, then are you really investing? If you don't know the product line or the services that they actually provide and the different ways that they can actually bring in revenue back into the company, are you really investing into the market? Are you really invested into that company? Me myself, I'm heavily invested into Microsoft and Video and I go Vuo and VTI. Definitely invested into my ETFs and I dollar cost average every single week. I do not care what the price is. Why, because my vision is long term. And here's where it really comes down to. It comes down to step number one, what is your goal? Is your goal? Is your goal short term or do you have long term goals? Depending on your goals, it really defines the strategy that you're going to have when it comes to the stock market.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So knowing the CEO, knowing the vision of the company, knowing whether or not that company has an unbreakable competitive advantage, and also knowing the product line and services is going to be monumental in paramount to the success of your portfolio. So there's folks that oftentimes to have a portfolio of stocks that I don't even know what they do right, or they don't even know what they do right. So knowing this will definitely help you out. And if you and if you do not know the answers to these different questions, I highly recommend you to take some time out of the week and get these answers because this will definitely let you know whether or not you actually have a recession prof portfolio. Dollar cost savaging. Right, So we talked about a couple of different ways that you're able to hedge that you're able to, you know, stay alive when it comes to this very market. Aside from buying our shares, you want a dollar cost savage. So myself, when it comes to Microsoft, I have around six hundred shares of Microsoft's right I'm buying every single week. Especially now that Microsoft is at two sixty two fifties, I definitely want to buy that time, knowing that the highest three fifty, so it is definitely at a discount at this at this moment. The reason why you want to doe dollar costs average is because it really decreases your exposure to price volatility. Dollar cost averaging can definitely save your portfolio, especially if you believe in those companies that you're actually investing in. And this is the question where you have to ask yourself, do you invest and do you actually believe in these different companies that are part of your portfolio. I see people oftentimes that they have fifty to one hundred disparate stocks in their portfolio. Why not have five to six stocks that you know that they're going to be here five to ten years from now and just double down and have a larger percision when it comes to those stocks that will set you apart from folks that have one hundred or one hundred and fifty different stocks and maybe have two to three shares. What I'm trying to say here is that the larger the position that you actually have when it comes to the stocks, the more gains that you're able to actually realize in a short amount of time as well. So dollar cost averaging is definitely one of the ways that you can make money even with in a big market or any or any single pullback. Something else that you can actually invest into is inverse ETFs. So inverse ETFs allow investors to short the market, so as the stocks are coming down, you can actually invest in these different ETFs. I will only recommend these different ETFs for short term hodes. And something else that I definitely recommend is to actually put a stop loss or a trailing stop loss when it comes to these different inverse ETFs that will help you, you know, minimize the risk that you actually have when it comes to these different stocks. And here at the bottom, I just put two different inverse ETFs that are very very famous, and the first one is the sqqq which is basically the opposite of QQQ. So if you do believe that QQQ will be heading down. This is definitely one of the assets or different securities that you're able to invest in. Also, we else there's the SDS. The SDS tracks the SMP five hundred, which is basically the opposite of the SMP five hundred. There's different ways that you're able to invest and get into the market. Again, flexibility, becoming adaptive, and being versatile will definitely help you out when it comes to the stock market. And me personally, it doesn't matter what the stock market is doing. I'm trying to find different ways that i can definitely hedge against and I'm never sticking to one single strategy. You're gonna find people that they only stick to one strategy and once the market changes, they no longer make any money or they're not profitable. Why because they're not being flexible or they do not adapt to the changes of the stock market. You have to be an athlete, just like a sport. You've got to be flexible, you got to be versatile, you got to be the jack of all trades. Same thing here when it comes to the stock market. For you, you actually become profitable and realize generational wealth. These are definitely some of the ways that you're able to make money.
Speaker 2: Because really quickly. So I see short term holds and you said stop blows, is it? But centers that you would recommend for a stop loss if somebody is out there listening to them.
Speaker 3: I would say for beginners, ten percent, I think ten percent is more than recommended. I think that's a very comfortable percentage for those that are beginners. For those that are more advanced and more seasoned, then you can of course go to twenty twenty five percent, but it definitely depends on one on your goal. Two you know what's the most the size of your account. But I think ten percent is more than doable perfect, definitely definitely. Next is put options. Put options is definitely the way right. And we've had indicators since the summertime, and I'm going to show you these different indicators that let us know that a bear market was indeed coming right. Market structure is the way to go, and technical analysis is the way to go. I talk about it all the time. For the earners. For the level of family, price action is definitely king right. This will definitely help you understand whether or not we're actually we're gonna have a change in momentum or trend when it comes to the stock market. So what is a put option? So put option is a contract that you buy and it gives the owner the option, but not the requirement to sell a specific underlying security at a predetermined price within a certain amount of time. Right, that certain amount of time is the expiration that those are one of the components that are part of a option contract. So put options is definitely one of the ways that if you believe that QQQ, that if in video Microsoft, if these different securities are going down, this is one of the ways that you can actually go ahead and make some money. So to put it into more perspective, when you buy a put option, you're anticipating and I definitely put it anticipating in gold here that the value of the underlying stock will decrease in value over the course of the contract. Again anticipating. There's no one hundred percent in any market. We can't time the market, we can't predict the market. What we can do is that we can build a hypothesis of what's going to happen, and then we can gather evidence. We can you know, we can actually gather confluence that can help us. You know, build an argument for our hypothesies. And again I'm going to show you different ways that you're able to do that with technical analysis to be able to make money every single day. All right, So here we go. So when it comes to the put option, you know, the direction of the stock market definitely determines what type of contracts you will have or you might take on. And I'm going to go ahead and just get my tool here just to highlight a couple of different things. If you think that the stock price will move up, you're more thanizing going to buy a co option or sell a put option. If you think that the stock price will stay stable, you can sell a call option or sell a pull a put option. If you think that the stock price will go down, which is you know the market that we're definitely in right now, you want to go ahead and you want to buy a a put option, and you want to sell a call option. So put options is definitely one of the ways. I'm going to show you exactly what happened. First, I'm going to go to the charts and talk about the strike price. Right, So we talked about the expiration. Right. When you buy a option contract, you have to specify a expiration. If I were to buy a Nvidia one D and fifty put for this week, that will be called a weekly, right, So weeklies are definitely risky, and you should definitely go ahead and put you know, you should definitely go at least two weeks out when it comes to your option contracts, just to buy some time. So the strike price is really really critical because that allows you to understand whether or not your option contract is in the money, out the money, or at the money. So actually, Troy Rashott, I got my iPad here that I would like to do a quick demonstration on what is in the money, out the money, at the money. But I just need some help when it comes.
Speaker 2: To this, all right, what you need?
Speaker 3: So my iPad is called Chris iPad. Gotcha, Yeah, let me know if you're able to put that one for a co host, HM, let's sit here, let's see, And I'm actually gonna go ahead and just raise my hand from my iPad so you're able to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, once you raise your hand, Uh, yeah, there you go. I see it. Is it the CM capital?
Speaker 3: Y's probably the capital? Yeah, gotcha, Yeah, there we go. Excellent, Thank you brother, only the host can sharing this meeting.
Speaker 2: Let me see, I got you right now, I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna stop sharing here and then there we go. Excellent, there we go. All right, excellent. So we covered this in EYL, but I'm gonna go ahead and cover it here because we definitely need to understand what is the strike price in the money, out the money, and of course at the money. So give me one second second, So in the money, at the money, and again we're gonna go ahead and just say that we have a stock like in vidio and video, let's say at one sixty, right, the price of Nvidia at one sixty. And I'm just gonna show this demonstration for calls. So we're first going to start with calls and then from there we are going to go into the put explanation. Right, So in the money, out the money, and also at the money, give me one section one uh second. Here will go ahead and just get my my pental work one quick second.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: YouTube, hit the like button and share if you can greatly appreciate.
Speaker 3: It one quick second. I'll be right back.
Speaker 4: So as we wait for Chris to come back, we'll take a quick break, intermission break, and we'll tell you more about Eyo University. So once again, Chris's professor does this twice a week, so a lot of times people ask, like, what's the difference between Eyo University and podcasts or like market Mondays. And it's a hands on learning experience where it's designed to kind of be a classroom where take it slow, answer questions, go through presentations.
Speaker 5: It's a community. So that's what it's kind of like private.
Speaker 4: School as opposed to publicher where it's like, you know, public school, the information is always going to be available for free, whether it's on YouTube or Apple, podcasts or Instagram. But you know, the Eyo University almost like nine thousand members I think is in there right now, and you know, a private Facebook group and MG the Mortgage Guide does real estate calls, I do financial planning calls. We have a movie club, book club, weekly classes, and you know it's it's all done at you know, individual speed, much smaller classrooms, individual learning staff. And the best part is actually the community that's actually built because people actually get to.
Speaker 5: Network with each other and build with each other.
Speaker 4: So that's kind of the difference between you know, what we've built on the bigger platform as far as you know for the media side, for the podcasts and YouTube and things of that nature, and what we built on the community side.
Speaker 5: It's called Eyo University.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think one of the dope things about especially what Chris is doing. A lot of times we get information and we can't apply it in real time, and so one of the best things is that his class every Monday at noon is happening while trades, while the market is open, and so we can hear the information from twelve to one point thirty a lot of times ask questions and then actually go out and that really apply it. And then just for a follow up, he has another class on Tuesday. So it's really hands on and it goes from the beginning level to a more intermediate level to sometimes advance and so you can enter anywhere you're at. I know a lot of us have joined Ewy Young University and we've grown in trading over the course of the past six or seven months, or even some of us who've been here from the beginning of the past two years. So you know, it's one of those things where you can take your time and learning. And the best thing, like Rashad said, is that there's people learning at the same pace you are. And so when you get that community feel, it's more of a situation where it's like, all right, I have somebody who is my air like that I can actually learn with and go with through my journey of investment. So it's a beautiful thing. I've learned a lot. I've learned a lot being in these classes. And shout out to everybody in e uy lu.
Speaker 5: Yeah for sure, Chris you ready or called the audible see your chart going up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's get it. Let's get it. Let's get it. My pencil acting acting, acting, acting out. But all right, so we're gonna do it here. I'm gonna go ahead and just drag this all the way to the right hand side. And let's go ahead and do this right. We'll use the text here in trading view. I'm telling you this is why being flexible and being versatile can definitely be helpful. Right, So let's say in video has a price of one sixty right, so the price of Nvidia it's one sixty second. Let's go ahead and make this a little bit bigger. And this is for calls. So I want you to understand how to pick a end the money out the money options contract and be able to be profitable in it. Right, So one sixty is the current price for in video, right if I and you know within the options chaining, when you try to choose that options contract, you're also going to see prices like one sixty one, right, I'm gonna go ahead and put it here. You're also going to see prices like one fifty nine or one fifty eight. Right. And because the price of one sixty or the or in video is at one sixty, if you choose a option contract that is a one sixty call, that will be a at the money contract because that is the current price of in video. So one sixty is the current price. If you choose a one to sixty option contract, that will be a at the money option contract if you choose a one sixty one, right, keeping in mind that in video is only at one sixty. If you choose a one sixty one option contract and video has not hit one sixty one yet, so for that reason, this will be a out of the money contracts. So out of the money aka OTM. So when they hear you say OTM, this is what they mean. This will be a out of the money options contract. If you choose a one to fifty nine option contract. Again, in Vidia has already surpassed one, so that will be a in the money options contracts or in the money aka that will be im right, So in the money equals im and this is how you were able to get your option contracts for calls. Right, If you want to go for costs one sixty one out of the money, one sixty will be at the money because that is the current price for in video. One fifty nine will be a in the money because Nvidia has already surpassed that that price.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Now, let's go ahead and change it up a little bit, and let's go for I'm gonna try to draw in here four puts, right, So for puts, there we go. So for pus for Nvidia, it's gonna be a little bit different, right, I'm gonna go ahead and just take this text and bring it down. Let me take this banging down, and let me go ahead and take this out the way as well. So for this one, it's gonna be a little bit different because which one to you know? Say that in Vidia is going to go down? So again one sixty is the current price, right, So if you go for one sixty on the puts. This is the current price. If I choose a one to sixty put, that will be a at the money contract.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: If I go ahead and choose a one to fifty nine, that will be out of the money, right, because in Vidia has not decreased or gone down to the one to fifty nine level. If I choose a one sixty one, this will be a d the money. So this actually is the opposite when it comes to puts. The one sixty one becomes the end of money option contract and the out of the money is the one to fifty nine because in Vidia has not yet decreased to one fifty nine. So this is how you're able to choose your option contracts. Now, a question that I often get is this, Chris, if if I'm a scalper. And for those that don't know what a scalper is, a scalper is a type of trader that you're in and out right, You're usually in a trade from you know, less than eight minutes. You know, that is the type of trader that I am. I go in heavy, and I'm in and out. I'm just trying to capitalize of a small movement when it comes to the stock market, if I'm a you know, if I'm a scalper or if I'm a day trader, which option contract should I go for? Well, you should definitely go for in or at the money contracts. And here's the reason why. Aside from understanding the stripe price when it comes to options, you also want to understand the Greeks. So the Greeks allows you to understand how how much money you will make if that trade actually goes your way. So in and at the money contract should be the preferred or the or the recommended option contracts if you are a day trader or a scalper. The only time, and again I'm gonna say this again, the only time that you're going to choose a out of the money contract is if you're going to swing or if you're going to go into leap calls. That is the only way that I would say that it will be lucrative for you to go for a out of the money contract. In the money, at the money definitely have the best Greeks, and the Greeks will definitely be on your side when it comes to you and at the money. When in respect to either being a scalper, or if not being a day trader. When it comes to the stock market.
Speaker 4: One thing that I just want to drill down is that a this is for people that are interested in being traders. You don't have to be a trader, but if you are interested in you know, having that as part of your arsenal, and you need to know how to you know, make put options. And then also and you know, either one that you can chime in but you don't want to keep it's not something that you keep for a long period of time, yeah, or it's are usually more short term as opposed to like leap options, what could be potentially years, like years, two and a half years for a leap call.
Speaker 2: You agree with that, Yeah, And I think Chris, you spoke about that in the presentation kind of around at the same time when I was talking about stop laws. I think you put that three to five days or somewhere in that or definitely less than two weeks on a put ouction. But just knowing that you can do it right for years, I'm talking about years we had no like a lot of us had no ideas what options were even were, And so to know that to know that you can make money either when the market is going up or down is critically important, right, because we're seeing it happen over the course of six months, I mean since January, we've seen what happened, what's happened to the nastac And now obviously that's and p's and bed market, and most people are like, wait, they're just watching the money deplete and deplete and deplete, not knowing that there's an opportunity that you can actually make money on the way down. So this is vially important information.
Speaker 3: That's funny, absolutely sure.
Speaker 4: So all right, so this is another part of the EYO University experiences that we have question answer sessions. So if you you know, obviously if you watch a podcast, you're not going to be able.
Speaker 5: To, you know, ask questions.
Speaker 4: So the whole the whole model was kind of designed after you know, education in a real school, and not to say that, you know, universities are bad, but a lot of the things that aren't in universities aren't useful and they're over priced as well. So we're like, how can we take the best experience from a university as far as the community, as far as a professor coming in, as far as a class, as far as being able to ask questions, as far as being able to have a customized learning style, like those are all good things that are part of university. How can we take out the bad part, which is like having to just do electives on you know, Earth science and American studies and art classes and how can we you know, not have to charge seventy thousand dollars a year and have student loans and things of that nature. So like I we can, we can actually you know, scale it down and give what people actually want and need and for a penny of the price. So yeah, that's kind of the model behind Eyo University. And once again we have great professors like Chris who who teach, who teach classes and you know has built his own community as well, which we'll talk about.
Speaker 5: That later on.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so the second part of this is going to be the the question and answer experience and you know, get to ask questions and you know, get to answer it. And then there's also a zoom chat going on too, so a lot of times people actually answer questions for other people in the zoom. That happens to my financial planning class a lot, even if I don't know the answer to a question somebody else might know the answer. We just look it up on the spot and different things of that nature. So it's a real it's a real vibe. So we're gonna go to that. But if you're interested in joining Eyo University, we are running fifty percent off sales, so I put the link on the YouTube.
Speaker 5: It's Eyo University dot com.
Speaker 4: Pretty easy and if you want to, you know, sign up and become an earner, we'd love to have you on the other side. So let's let's get some some questions if we can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, real real quick. Shout out to Andrea and shout out to Mercedes in the chat. Shout out to y'all. Ill see y'all. Y'all answering half the questions in there, so shout out to y'all. Getting busy, chat chat chat lit Right now, Hey, Chris, I have a quick question. So I'm and this is golden. If you're watching right now, you should be taking a picture of this technical announcements roadmap. Yeah, moving averages, which which moving averages do you use? So are you twenty? Are you fifteen hundred? What do you do two hundred?
Speaker 3: So fifteen two hundred are definitely known, you know across hetch funds and stuff, but it's like the hedge funes already know that. We know that fifteen to two hundred are definitely the ones.
Speaker 2: Earners. What's up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts of digital tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com, backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com, backslash, go backslash eyl, don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring the safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 6: Behind the delivery trucks that keep your life stocked. Thousands of employees at BP go to work every day. People bringing a new offshore production platform online. People making our refineries capable of more like making renewable diesel from agricultural waste. People trading and shipping fuels to our customers, and people helping truckers fill up and get maintenance at our convenient locations. They're part of almost three hundred thousand jobs VP supports across the country. Learn more at VP dot com slash Investing in America.
Speaker 3: I used the nine em A and twenty one em A. And for those that are you know, part of uyol, y'all know that we we print money with that n twenty one A man. You can use it on any time frame and it's called you know, just like the fifteen two hundred. When it comes to crossover, you know, when the nine am man crosses above the twenty one, that is a golden cross. When the nine am A crosses below that is a death cross. But the nineteen twenty one twenty definitely or for scalpers, for day traders, for spring traders, for long term positions. So it's definitely the way to go.
Speaker 2: Shout shout out to the earners of the chat. They open one too. I hope you got that gym. All right, let let's open this up a little bit. Ashley read, we are coming to you. Unmute yourself. You have been unmuted. What's going on? Ashley received cashier. Hello, Hey, I'm so sorry sorry you guys.
Speaker 7: I'm at work.
Speaker 3: I definitely did not.
Speaker 8: Think that I have take it through to ask a question. I just want to say, thanks you guys for everything that you all do, and thank you for trying to educate the community and for giving back and for adding value.
Speaker 7: To our lives.
Speaker 8: I really do appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Appreciate that, of course.
Speaker 8: So my question is, Okay, so you know most of the stocks now are going in a downward trend. We're in a bear market. Do you think that it's a good time to start loading the boat or this is and this question is for anyone, or do you think that I should like give it more time and let certain things continue going down. So right now I have about seven thousand dollars to invest, and I'm trying to decide on if I should just go ahead and put it in the stocks.
Speaker 3: Now or wait a little bit longer. I got definitely answer that. So I mean I would say start, you know, start buying, startloading the boat. Right if you look at the stocks that you that you would that you actually believe in. Let say you're Microsoft, You're in video and videos at a crazy discount right now. There's no reason that if you like in video at three hundred. How Troy says you should definitely like it at one sixties. So I would say it's definitely the time to load the boat. Yes, the you know, the stock market may still going down, but if it's stocks that you know are going to be here five to ten years from now and you're thinking long term, there's I mean, I don't think you should definitely, you know, hesitate when it comes to buying these different stocks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you can also dolo cost average and even if the stock goes down, you can dolar cost down. Well, Like it's like let's say you put one thousand dollars in even I mean, like let's take a stock like Amazon, where it's I think it's like forty something percent off of his all time high. So yeah, it could potentially go to like fifty percent off of his all time high. We'll go to sixty percent off. Maybe probably not, but like if you're kind of runner, you don't, if you're kind of nervous and say, okay, I don't want to put everything in, then it drops down again. You can always drop you can always buy more even at a lower point, and the benefit with that is that you you lower your your buying price. So now when the stock goes up, you're actually you know, in a better position. So that's always a strategy as well. But yeah, I mean, you know, being at it's at the start of the band market, I think you know, it'll probably be choppy.
Speaker 5: For a while, but you know, it could always it could also move sideways.
Speaker 4: It doesn't necessarily mean it has to just continuously drop as drastically as it has dropped. But yeah, I think Chris brings up a good point. You got to look at each stock on an individual basis. A stock like Apples only down twenty percent, but you know a stock like video is down fifty like that. Yeah, right now, so you know that's that's different, right that that might be a better then something that's only down fifteen percent or something that's down eighteen percent that's kind of held pretty strong, which has more downside potential. So it really just depends because there's so many different stocks on the stock market that it really just depends. But the deeper that it went down, and of course if it has to be a good company that you believe in, but you know, the deeper the dis the deeper the discount, the better.
Speaker 2: The buy yeah, I was gonna say, and I see some people put in the chat like scale in or taper in, and that would kind of be like the method for dollar col savaging. But we got to like realize what good companies are, Like, it's Amazon a great company. Yeah, it's Apple a great company. Yeah? Is in Video a great company? Yeah? They're great companies. It's just that we're in a bear market and so yeah, they're gonna trend down, but there's still solid companies. You got to realize that it's still a solid company. It's just at a discounted price. And we shouldn't be panic trading or feeling and fear because we've already seen I'm glad that Chris brought that statistic up. Seventy eight percent of the time the market moves in the upper trend seventy eight percent of the time. It feels like this has been going on forever because a lot of us have just gotten into investing, and so it's like, wait, it doesn't go up every day, Like this is what a pullback is. And so if you're patient enough and you're in very very solid companies, and I think that's one of those great shatages you talked about Chris actually knowing the CEO, actually knowing what the moat is. I know you talked about competitive advantage, So knowing what the moat is they have a versus everybody else in that sector. It's very important before you make an investment, and so just realize that this is a beer market, but nearly eighty percent of the time the market trends in an upward manner. So keep that in mind when you're making these investments. All you're thinking about making it and you're feeling a kind of apprehensive about doing it. Appreciate you, Ashley.
Speaker 8: Yes, thanks you guys.
Speaker 2: TJ. We're coming to you. I'm mute yourself. You've been unmuted. What's going on? TJ? There you TJ? What's up?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 5: Try going on?
Speaker 2: Chris? They been good? Brow you.
Speaker 3: I'm good. I'm good.
Speaker 2: Bless up, bless up.
Speaker 3: Question Chris, did you get in that Nvidia one seven call?
Speaker 2: I just spoke about it last night.
Speaker 3: I did yep, iRED you feel about it? You still got tom so so I so I did play earnings. I did the one seventy call. I also got into an in video trade today. I got like a forty percent game. It was a quick scout, so I did make money today. But I'm a little salty about the Ernie's play, all right though. You know Ernie's play. One thing about Ernie's play is definitely a gamble, Like when you put money into Ernie's is money that you got to be comfortable losing. So you know, I was ready for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got into it too. I'm done, but it's all good. Yeah, for those not in the note and video had their earnings today and I'm looking at it right now after hours they down another seven percent. So obviously if you if you're scalping, which means you're you know, you're in and out of these positions, obviously it's a downtread. But this is why it's they're having the advantage of time works in your benefit here, right, because yes, it's a pullback, and obviously theself because did they report that the guidance was kind of low going forward, Chris? Is that what I said?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it was very very low. Honestly, they definitely have bullish momentum throughout the day. I was a little bit scared about that, the bullish momentum because you know, Spy was definitely going down and they were definitely buying it up. I just didn't think that it was going to continue going down, right, But there was Bairey any guidance when it comes to the Ernie's player. I just feel that in video is such a strong stock that maybe tomorrow go back to win seventy or one sixty five. You know, it definitely has those days. And at the end of the day, you got to think about this. Market makers they want to bring it right right back down to the one fifties, to buy it right back up. So I think mar should definitely.
Speaker 2: Be a very interesting That's one of those things that people have to realize. The market market makers will pull back the equity or the asset to a number that they like, right so they can actually buy more. And so I told you this is if this was like finding Nemo, Like we're Nemo in this and there's whales out there, right, or there's sharks out there that eating off the things that the movement that they know that we're going to participate in. So be very mindful of that. Welando, Welando, we are coming to you. You are being unmuted. Unmute yourself. Orlando what's going on? TJ. I appreciate you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: How's it going?
Speaker 2: Can you hear me? Yeah? We gave you this is crazy.
Speaker 3: First of all, thank you for selecting me.
Speaker 9: And I really appreciate all the work that y'all do. I've leveled up so much my personal life and like my whole view on the world has changed. So I appreciate the fact that you guys are taking the.
Speaker 3: Time and energy to do this.
Speaker 9: So my question is this, what would and I asked this in the zoom chat. What are the books audio people that I should research on, read or know in order to develop top level technical analysis for skill technical analysis skills.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you can get the Charting and Technical Analysis book by Things Frank McCallen Frank Allen. But this should be your roadmap. This is the rolemap you need. I mean, this is everything you need. You don't need no secret strategy, no secret sauts. You need to be able to understand market trends, how to actually plot supporting resistance. What are the different candlestick patterns that actually matter? So, for example, a hammer candle at a downtrend is going to be critical. And I promise you that when we actually recover from this beer market, you're probably gonna see either a hammer candle or if not, a bullish and golfing format. You need to understand truck patterns. What's a double top? Was a beer flag? You know? Bullflag double bottom? How to actually use trend lines every single day. Trend lines, out of all the technical tools that we get out of technical analysis, is definitely my favorite. And you could use trend lines for scalping, for day trading, for swing trading, for anything. And you also need to know the moving average crossovers nine to twenty one is money that is gold right there, that's definitely golden. Highly recommend you to do it. You also need to understan and if you want to be a day trader or a scalper, what are the intra date strategies that suit you know your personal needs. So for example, the ABCD pattern is go the opening range breakout. It allows you to understand the trend. The break and retest strategy is very very critical. And then on top of that you can add some additional layer of sauce and you can add the mcdee, the rside, the stochastics, but price action is definitely what you gotta take into account, but it will never click if you don't do it. You can read all the books in the world. You can read fIF you know, five thousand books. If you don't sit down and actually write it down and draw a double top, draw a beer flag, draw a bull flag, it will never click. Why because you need that muscle memory right and at the end of the day, it will definitely take some time. It will probably take anywhere from one year to two years for you to get really good. I taken coll analysis, but I definitely feel that this role my prayer here when it comes to these different topics. You should be able to look it up. Also part of Eyuniversity, we definitely as well, So that will be my recommendation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rolando, the fact that you are on the other side, you're an earner. We actually had a book club about charting and technical analysis, so that's our chive. We actually did that in January, so you can actually go back and watch every one of those book clubs about that book. And I mean that this is like that'd be like a crash course for you on top of it. Actually, like I think the most important thing christ is saying is like actually applying it, and so it's good for us to say it and for you to watch it. But when you're in the game, when you have a leg in the game, it's a little bit different. Shout out to you, appreciate you, bro Shout out to Angie said, I should read the disclaimer in the market. Money is disclaiming. Trading has considerable risk. Let's see who we got. Andrea, were coming to you. We're coming to you, Andrea. I'm meeting you. Unmute yourself. How are you doing? Good? Even happy? Made twenty fifth? What's the deal? We have another fish bread? Now? Andrew gonna do that to us? She got nervous. All right, we're gonna go to I think this is a milli a million. I'm coming to you. I'm yourself, ya, I'm you. If I said it wrong, I apologize in advance. Did I say it wrong?
Speaker 10: Now you got it?
Speaker 9: A million?
Speaker 5: A million, A million, a million.
Speaker 2: A perfect person. Going on?
Speaker 9: What's going on with Pisces? Ah?
Speaker 2: What day? What day? Man? February twenty fifth? Okay, February Pisces.
Speaker 10: I'm right there by, y'all.
Speaker 2: What's the deal, Professor Souci?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 5: How you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Good? God, you forgot to.
Speaker 9: Tell him about the nine and the v walk.
Speaker 10: Come on, yeah, professional trading, that's professional trading.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is, but they get that, you know, insidy well university right crossover.
Speaker 11: True.
Speaker 10: So all right, I got a question because I understand how important this is right now.
Speaker 2: I do understand the importance of it. The thing is, my.
Speaker 10: Funds are not right there right now where I could do like a big like load of boat. So I'm coming up with a creative plan and I want to know what you think about it, and would you recommend it?
Speaker 3: Is, should I take a loan.
Speaker 10: Out to actually invest, even though I know interest rates are high? I don't know how you feel about that, like, well, we'll feedbacks.
Speaker 4: I definitely would not suggest taking a loan to invest. You always want to invest, especially trading money. You know, investing has considerable risk. All investments run the risk of you know, losing ainythinking happen. So yeah, you can potentially use leverage, and you know, debt is leverage, but I just, you know, think that that probably might not be the most responsible way to go.
Speaker 5: So that's that's just my opinion.
Speaker 2: I listened to my financial advisor when she was like that come up. I'm lucky that you're sitting to the left for me. I'm very fortunate man. So yeah, I would not I would not suggest.
Speaker 3: That, all right, So I figured out another way.
Speaker 9: No, I'm not huh.
Speaker 4: Also, I'll say this, A lot of times people feel like, yo, this is they There's always going to be opportunities. There's always going to be bear markets. It might have to it might not be next year, but there's always gonna be opportunities. So even if you're not in a position to really really go extremely hard like you want this time, you know, you get a knowledge, you get the information, and then you get the resources, and then the next time around you're better prepared. So I know that's something it's like fomo, right, fire of missing out when people feel like this is this is the opportunity, this is this is it, this is it.
Speaker 5: But there's always going to be opportunities. It's not going to be the last opportunity.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I would say focus more on, you know, if you want to start a business or get a side hustle, or just find ways to just generate more income. That way, when the next opportunity comes, you'll have you'll have more disposable money that you can put at it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I take that, take this, Yeah, I appreciate you. All right, love bro. All right, seeing we are coming to you, I mute yourself. You have been immuted city. What's going on? Yes?
Speaker 12: Hi, I have a quick question. So I was day trading and also doing a little scalping, but I got discouraged because I lost like ten thousand dollars, so my account went down. But I think my problem was I was actually using the Think or Swim platform. But I know that some people use active Traders, So I was gonna ask Chris, what do you use when you're scalping?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So actually, yeah, active trader is actually pretty good on on on think or Swim. Uh, the fills are okay when it comes to Think or Swim, they've been buggy the last two years.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: If you're using an active trader and you set it up, actually I'll put a link in the chat so you can actually have it with with active trader, you should be in and out in less than two seconds.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 12: So what else is there out there apart from active Traders? Is there something else?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, there is if you want to take it up a Notch. You could definitely create an account with Interactive Brokers. Interactive Brokers is a very professional platform. That's where all the big scalpers definitely go in and they trade at And on top of that, I would highly recommend the stream deck. So stream deck is another device that you attached to your PC via USB and that one with one button, you're instantly out. And in my opinion, Interactive Brokers they have the best fills out of all the platforms.
Speaker 12: How do I guess on the stream deck?
Speaker 2: What is so? Yep?
Speaker 3: So the stream deck is on Amazon. You want to get the Elgado stream Deck?
Speaker 12: Got it?
Speaker 9: Yep?
Speaker 12: And is that different from the Interactive Brokers.
Speaker 3: So that one actually integrates with Interactive Brokers because you can actually set up hockeys with stream Deck and Interactive Brokers where you buy something, you know, let's say you buy ten contracts, you sell ten contracts and your in and out in less than a second.
Speaker 12: Okay, thank you yep.
Speaker 3: And just to add some more confidence of why Interactive Brokers is better than TD is because they actually work with more exchanges than what TD Emergency works with. So I definitely recommend them if you really want to become professional, and especially as a as a scalper, every second counts, right, so every bit of money definitely counts, And that's the one that I definitely recommend Chris.
Speaker 2: Real quick for the people that are listening, especially on a tube. I know some of the EYL University earners, they're familiar with the terms. But can you just tell the difference between a scalper, day trader and a swing trader.
Speaker 3: Yep, So a scalper somebody that's in a trade for less than eight minutes. Me I go in heavy ten twenty forty k into a train and I'm out in less than five minutes. A day trader is somebody who opens up a position, let's say at ten o'clock, and they may close that position at two pm. So a day trader they open and close a position within the same day. A swing trader is somebody that holds a position overnight. Maybe overnight or if not a couple of weeks, or if not a couple months, or if not a couple of years. That's a difference between the three different type of traders.
Speaker 2: Perfect, perfect, Javonte. We are coming to you. Mute yourself. You have been unmuted. You're talking is permitted. What's going on, Javonte? How you doing that?
Speaker 5: What's up? What's up?
Speaker 2: What's going on? Man? Mister?
Speaker 3: My question is to you, Troy. You shout it out your portfolio on market Monday or something. I can't remember what week it was, but on healthcare stocks, are you looking at healthcare?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The only the only stock that I had, and I guess within the healthcare industry was Striker, just because I've had personal conversations with Ian about Striker, so I haven't I have it on my watch list to invest in. I just want to pick the right point. That's the only one that I'm looking at right now. Okay, okay, okay, we're on the same type of vibe. Good Man, good Man, I have a good night. Man. I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Just one comment there. When it comes to if you want to look into new stocks that are going to be primed for the next five ten years, highly recommend to look at software. Cybersecurity is definitely hot, and cybersecurity more than ever is important right now. So Palo Alto CrowdStrike is definitely hot right now. So I'll also look at companies that shut you know that definitely do AI as well.
Speaker 2: So, Chris, I was I thought you was gonna give them the top three. We actually spoke about my top three, I think maybe two weeks ago. So Alto was definitely one of them, CrowdStrike was the other, and z Scaler was my yep, yep, yep, you agree, yep, yeah, yeah, yeah for sure. All right, Well, we are coming to you. Hold on, he can't well, they said you gotta update your zoom. I'm sorry. My brother Zoom has told me you gotta get an updated version from my apologies. Well, a mayor, we are coming to you on mute yourself. You've been unmuted. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hello, we hear you. What up though?
Speaker 5: Detroit?
Speaker 2: What up?
Speaker 3: Detroit? Yeah, Detroit, Detroit?
Speaker 2: You know you know. Also, I got a.
Speaker 13: Quick question, So, Troy, I believe it was last this Monday, past Monday, you were talking about going to Yahoo Finance.
Speaker 2: And looking at the statistics.
Speaker 13: Yo, the one stock in my porfolio that's bled down the most is a Square. And as I'm looking at their statistics, their revenue is down.
Speaker 2: Well, let me I read it right now.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it says, yeah, They're quarterly revenue is at negative twenty one. The mark profitability margin is at negative point forty six and I forgot and their net income is negative seventy six point ninety two million. And this is the one that's bled down the most and profolio at all the stocks I have. Is it a time for me to, you know, just cut the loss that I've let it go down.
Speaker 3: Like sixty percent? Or should I still hold it for the long term?
Speaker 2: You have stopped in it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Start Yeah, Like we've said this before. I think we covered this last week as far as Square the whole industry right that the whole industry has taken a hit when we talk about fintech. Do I believe in Square still? Yeah? Do I like it at the price? I mean almost we have lost no choice at this point to like it at the price that is sat. Do we believe it in long term? I do? I still like it from payment processing. I think they have viability to be around for a while as one of the top two in that space. But yeah, we've taken a hit, So I'm holding on. I'm with you on that. I've lost money on that. I've averaged down probably more than twice already, so I'm not willing to do anything more than that. But you know, I'm holding on.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think my average pricingding right now is like one eighty I believe you know when it was up in the two seventies, I was, but now it's like hey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, square is one of those yeah square.
Speaker 5: Square.
Speaker 2: So I'm with you, bro, I'm with you on this. But yeah, you know, my mom, if you watch market Monday, is it Obviously if you've been at y L University, you know the market pays those of a patient. And so I'm gonna I'm gonna be patient. I'm gonna lean on the side of patients, all right. Appreciate man.
Speaker 13: I'm gonna tell I'm gonna try to hold on a bit longer than man.
Speaker 2: When we when we, when we, when we pull up on the trail, you got to pull up on me, man. Yeah, we'll have a drink together and talk about how far we come. Appreciate you, broh Jay j Moe. We're coming to you. I'm mute yourself. You've been unmuted. What's going on? Peace? Peace? Family? What's going on? Everything?
Speaker 10: Good?
Speaker 2: How are you? I'm good man.
Speaker 11: I have a question for all of the newbies, that is, you know, trying to do the options trading. I've been you know, looking at this for a while. When you talk about getting into the strike price when and taking profits and stuff like that, how do you actually get out of the trade?
Speaker 2: Does that make sense? Out?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 5: How do you sell? Yeah?
Speaker 11: Like like I guess, you know, say if the if I get in at strike and I guess it and it looks like it's going to close because of course if you get the options contracts out three weeks, uh out right? And then how because I'm trying to understand how it works to where of course you're working against the data, you're working against the time, but you're also trying to uh.
Speaker 2: With the stock price goal try to stay the same. So are you going to make it? Are you making a call or a put? Either one? So how do you got Well? I mean, when you want to get out, you're going to go to the actual option contract that you have. They're going to ask you if you you can choose the option you can sell and they'll tell you to ask you how much and it will ask you like sell the clothes, sell the open I would obviously put sell the clothes and pretty and you just click that button. If you're in profit you click the button and it should happen instantaneously. The only time it doesn't is like when we see things like how the game stop situation. And that's some people need to understand. When you're buying option contracts, when you're buying them, right, you're buying them from someone right, and when you're selling them, somebody, the brokerage has to buy it, and so it has to make sense. And so like when we saw a GameStop when people are up thirty forty thousand dollars and they couldn't sell it, it's because the brokerage could not fulfill that many contracts being sold for that amount. And so yeah, I mean it's it's pretty like like a one to two step sell the clothes, click it, make sure that you put it at the market, because when you're selling, you want to have it at the market. When you're buying, always suggests people put the limit and tell that's the price you want to buy it, buy it.
Speaker 11: But yeah, yeah, okay, okay, Because I was like, because I remember like a couple of days ago, I think when sea I was talking about how he got.
Speaker 2: Out of his Apple options.
Speaker 11: And I was one I was like, how does he know how to do that, you know, like how to I guess when the price off to drop, you're able to see that it's not going to hit its target, but you're already in a certain amount of profit, and you could just say, Okay, I'm going to close out right here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's whatever your risk tolerance is. And it's like there's really no set like rule of like this is when you have to sell. It's like, you know, just the reason why I sold a lot of my options about a month and a half ago is just I just had a strong feeling that, you know, we were headed in a downward cycle and I didn't want to lose money. I mean, I was up, I had already lost some money from what I was up previously, and I just made a calculated decision that I felt the market was headed south. And luckily I did do that because it saved me a lot of money. Yeah, but you know, it's one of these things where it's like, you know, you could be up twenty percent, you could be up fifty percent, you could be up one hundred percent. So it really just depends on what you feel comfortable walking away with. As Chris said, you can never lose by taking profit, and you can't be greedy. Sometimes we get greedy and we're up like thirty percent. We're like, all right, if I let it ride, I can be up one hundred percent. Then you go up one hundred percent like a r. If I let it ride, I can go up a thousand percent. But yeah, you can lose money very quickly in option. So you could be up eighty percent one day and then a week later you down twenty percent.
Speaker 11: So you know that's more so what I was looking for, like that answer. Yeah, okay, I get it now, okay, yeah, yeah, okay, I appreciate it. Other question, one more question is what's going on with the chips? Y'all your wraps next coming out? Well, flavors, we're getting flavors chips.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking at the raps next right now.
Speaker 5: It was good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, we're talking to some people, some very important people. So hopefully those are hit the streets and then we'll put them inside out of in the machines as well.
Speaker 5: So very important.
Speaker 2: Then it's on top of business. Appreciate you, very important, No problem. Thanks. More questions, Yeah, I think somebody in the chair asks why do I put the limit when I'm buying, and we kind of explained it like this. If you think of options as a car dealership, right, the ask price is what the sticker price is on the car. When you go into the dealership. You don't want to pay the sticker price. You want to pay the price that you've walked in saying like this is how much I'm going to pay for this car. And so that's what the limit price is. You set the limit at what you're willing to pay for this option contract. And so sometimes it feels but you got to be patient. Sometimes it doesn't. But you got to be patient enough to say, you know what, this is my plan. This is my number. I'm not budging off this number. So keep those things in mind. And then when you're selling it, obviously you want to put the market price. It's going to be the highest price available.
Speaker 5: Yeah, taking a profit is better and taking a loss.
Speaker 2: I've seen it happen. I've been up one hundred and down ninety seven. It happens. Taking a profit is better than We don't all win every trade. All right, let's go to Kevin. Kevin. We come to you, Kevin Henry, what's going on. I'm mute yourself. You've been unmuted. There are no fridge breaks. Y'all know the rules and I haven't said guidelines, but gotlines. How y'all doing everybody good? How you doing my first time? You know, tappaningine.
Speaker 13: But I had a cursion for Chris about the strange day I would want to do it matter about the buttons. I seen one for six buttons, sixteen button, twenty one button.
Speaker 3: I think with six buns should definitely be okay. At the end of the day, it's all about your how much like how many contracts you actually buy? So me, I buy ten to fifty contracts at a time, so I set it based off those parameters. If you don't trade heavy like that, and you don't have like a very you know, entry and excess strategy, then I would say just get the six button. That should definitely suffice you're trading all right? Thank you, thank you anything.
Speaker 2: Where where you're from, man, I'm from mim I'm from Hannesbury, Mississippi. But I'm living in mything right now. I love that outside New all hundred mile outside you have it deep in the South.
Speaker 3: Yeah, appreciate it. Man.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm gonna see y'all that events this year too. I'm told my wife I'm coming all were going up. I'm looking, cav I'm looking for you. We're going way up. Man, I'm gonna make sure you found you see me too, were going way up. I can oh, don't don't please, don't appreciate you. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Appreciate it. Brother, that's fast. Get your tickets. It's gonna be a move v V. I'm telling you right now, movie and a half.
Speaker 2: How we feeling? We feeling good? Christy feeling got over there, feeling great. Let's get it all right. Let's go to Janelle. Jane. We are coming to you? Or is it Janelle? I think so? If I got that wrong, I apologize. You know, I'm yourself. You've been unmuted. Would you go? There?
Speaker 11: You go?
Speaker 2: They had it for me, They said, I didn't know he's gonna call on me. Hey, can you hear me?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: Joe, what's going on you? Finally? Yeah? What's going on? Joe?
Speaker 5: Not much?
Speaker 14: Actually I didn't know you picked on me, to be honest, because I heard a different Joe name.
Speaker 2: But it's all good, Joe, Joe. Ay, what's the deal man?
Speaker 5: Much? Nothing? Much?
Speaker 14: I was actually just I'm Chris, I met you a few times.
Speaker 2: I met you in Miami.
Speaker 3: Good to see you.
Speaker 14: I'm glad all was like and good to finally get in contact with the main stairs from Eyl troyan rastadt so blessings and love to y'all. I'll get right to the question though, I just want to know for Chris, I know you were like always big on crypto.
Speaker 3: That was some of the advice you provided. You were like, hey, you know, cryptos doing his thing.
Speaker 14: But since you know the recent little mishaps, is there any like redirection you have towards like your interest, any new interest placed on certain cryptos or are you now disinterested in certain cryptos things of that nature.
Speaker 3: You definitely want to keep investing in bigcoin. Bitcoin is like the head honcho when it comes to cryptos. I'm big on Solana. I mean, it's not a secret that the banks black rocks these different hetchphones. They are definitely buying it up. Algrand is definitely one of my favorites. Polka Dot is another one of my favorites, and one that people never talk about is chain Link. I'm heavy in chain Link is actually adopted by Oracle Oracle is a big enterprise out there, and those are the ones that I'm definitely investing in and I will definitely continue investing in those as well.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, I appreciate that.
Speaker 15: And then just briefly a request for Troy and Rashad in the future, can we get a little education like regarding like setting aside money towards taxes when you're doing a day trade, because day trading as a semi profession, because I don't know if I've heard too much information about that.
Speaker 2: And I think that's pretty important for us to learn. If anything, yeah, we'll do, we'll do. Actually our CPA, miss Business shout to his business. She's our CPA. She was getting on me about about some of the exercising some of the contracts that I had at the end of the year. So that's important too. I think people need to put that into the investment strategy. Understanding if you're going to be a day trader, if you're gonna be a swing trader, that every trade that you make, if it's in profit, it will be taxed. That it's going to be short term capital games taxed. So make sure that you put that into your plans. If you're going to be taking that method of trading.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, also speaking of crypto, there was a I don't know everybody saw it, but you know it was in business inside earlier JP Morgan. It has backbitcoin to rise twenty eight percent and says that cryptocurrencies are now it's preferred alternative asset.
Speaker 4: Might have things changed, says a lot about the times that were, but yeah, I mean cryptocurrency is something that you know, a lot of people are new to crypto, but this is pretty common these markets and crypto. It's a lot more volatile than the stock market, and it's actually less volatile than the last time. When I first got in crypto, bitcoin had reached twenty thousand and then it dropped down to three as low as three thousand, So you know, the drop this time is bad, but it's nowhere near as bad as the drop last time. So if you in cryptocurrency, just understand that it's a long term play. Of course, you want to invest in the top cryptocurrencies, but you got to have the stomach for it, and you always want to buy low and sell high. So this is actually probably a buying opportunity when crypto currencies drop. Yeah, not all not all cryptos, because some cryptos is just not worth anything, but the strong ones. This might be an opportunity where you can actually you know, invest and then ride the next wave, because there will be a next wave, you know. Like I said, Bitcoin just got backed by JP Morgan Chase.
Speaker 5: So what does that tell you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just one one more thing. One thing that Sigmon just mentioned in the chat is that it's all about the use case. What's the use case behind that token? If it doesn't have a use case, you shouldn't be investing in it. The white papers is where the gold is at. You should definitely read the white paper, you know, before you actually invest into any crypto coin. So get the use case, understand it. How can businesses and enterprises actually adopted and of course you know, read the white papers and invest in it, right, Actually, you know, go to the conferences, you know, go to the webinars that they definitely hold, just to better understand exactly how that token will be used across the blockchain as well.
Speaker 5: All right, let's get one more question if we can before we are Oh so.
Speaker 2: People just ask the white so Joe said, the white paper. So the white papers, like even if you go to like Yahoo Finance, any brokers that that has stocks on it, it'll tell you about the information about the company. And so the white paper in the crypto space is the information about the company. So we're talking use case, that's where you're gonna find it. When you talk about its inception and the founders, that's where you find it. It's inside the white papers. And so, like I remember on crypto pro, which is an app that you can use to track cryptocurrencies. If you when you click on information, it'll take you through obviously the name, how many coins circulate and supply, and will say white papers. So if you click on that, it'll give you all the information about the coins, a lot of them. If you don't understand it, you shouldn't invest, right. If you don't understand it, If the use case doesn't make sense, I don't care. If somebody's like, oh this is the next thing, this is the next doge, you shouldn't invest. Make sure that you understand the use case, make sure you understand the functionality before you do. Those are the white papers.
Speaker 4: Never invest anything that you don't understand, and never invest money that you can't afford to lose, and never invest money that you need. Don't invest your rent money, don't invest your mortgage money, don't invest you know, your kids, lifelong savings and crypto.
Speaker 5: Be be smart, Be smart, please, Nancy, what's going on?
Speaker 2: You already immuted yourself? How you doing? Hey guys, I'm doing all right.
Speaker 5: How are you sound?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 3: Thank you? So my quick I have a quick question.
Speaker 2: I think it's a quick question for Chris.
Speaker 7: So going back to SPY and you're saying major support is three eighty seven now and actually executing the put for in the options, there's always like a list of different strikes right prices, so you have so I'm looking at one now for thirty for June twenty fourth. I know the market is closed, but I'm just using this for like a live example. So for end the money, the price ranges from three ninety eight to four to three going.
Speaker 3: Out even further.
Speaker 7: How do you pick your right the right strike price if Spy were to hit that three eighty seven level.
Speaker 3: Well every day, like let's let's you know, actually, let's do a quick exercise. What's the current price right now for SPY.
Speaker 2: Eight?
Speaker 3: Okay, so if you were to go for a three ninety eight putt, is that in the money or at the money?
Speaker 14: In the money?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 7: Why it's because that's not the exact price.
Speaker 9: Of the.
Speaker 3: Stock. You got it, right, because it already surpassed that going down. Right, If you go for a let's say you go for a three ninety five put, is that out the money or at the money? That would be out the money, right, So it really depends, right. What I would say is that before you get into that trade, you'll probably wait for it to break down. Once it breaks down and it actually holds below that three eighty seven number, that's when I will say, go ahead and go for that put. Right, And of course you could definitely swing it, But what I would do is that I'll probably go two weeks out and if you're up forty to fifty, take the profit. Why because the market right now we're down one day, up another one. We are in the middle of a war in Ukraine and Russians, so there's definitely lots of catalysts that are definitely impacting the won the levels and also the different prices. But what I will say is, first weight for that three eighty seven to be broken. If spy goes about four hundred, you best believe that we'll get back to the fro fives and then back to the four tenths.
Speaker 2: Okay, shout out to Nancy, Nancy Child out to you for getting one hundred percent on that quizards now, Yeah, thank you, We appreciate you. Shit.
Speaker 5: Oh good, So let's do this. Let's do this. First of all, shout out to everybody that watched this.
Speaker 4: And like I said, this was a lot of information, almost two hours of information, So even if you didn't fully understand everything, this should be used as a resource that you can actually go back to stop, take notes things of that nature. We want to thank Chris for his time. We're gonna give him a minute to talk as well, but definitely want to acknowledge him and thank him for his time taking time out of his day on this Wednesday evening to educate the masses. And this is gonna live on YouTube forever, so it'll probably been twenty thirty forty thousand people that actually end up seeing this video. So I'm sure that this will be a resource that a lot of people can learn from for a long period of time.
Speaker 5: That's that's the beauty with YouTube. It's archived.
Speaker 4: It'll actually also be on podcasts outlets Audio podcast outlets on Friday. So once again this is something that we do at eyl University every single week. Chris teaches two classes for us and it's in this vein as far as you know, to educate, go over charts, answer questions, and that's just from the investment side of it. Of course, we have the real estate component, we have the financial planning component. We kind of you know, built like a sh mortgage board of thefferent aspects. And then we also have you know, Infinity Groups where people who actually started groups on their own inside of the Eyo University. So you know, something that we're very very proud of and have built the community of thousands of people that you know, learn from each other, learn from professors, and actually you know, get to have a hands on learning experience. So we love to have you guys. If you are not part of Eyo University. We run a flash sale fifty percent off. I think that's going to run to the end of the holiday weekend, so you can click the link join and yeah Eyo University dot com and love to see you guys. And there's definitely a lot of stuff that we will be doing together as far as us and Chris stay tuned. You know, he's a fellow New Yorker, So that's always that's always a good thing from one of our favorite neighborhoods in the city. Yeah, you know, I got, I got, we got the Skybox indictment. So it's sir, you go to the games, you're a fan, of course, bro, of course you gotta let us know many box. Yes, yes, you'll see that big Mecedies thing pulling up like.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, definitely.
Speaker 5: But now I so I love man. So yeah, you guys joined ey University. Sign up. We love to have you as an earner.
Speaker 4: Now, Chris, can you tell them your information with the follow you on Instagram things of that nature?
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely so Chris Romeo, Munos, Cris Romeo and and oz On on Instagram. My main account got taken down by some hackers from Pakistan, but I'm trying to get it back. But that's where you could definitely find me. And again yeah I couldn't.
Speaker 5: I couldn't find you. I couldn't find you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I just hit thirty K two and it got taken down. It's crazy, I'm telling you, it's crazy. Yeah, but I definitely want to say thanks to Trent Rashad the earners. I love you tons, I love teaching that. This is definitely my passion is to bring financial literacy back into our community. We definitely need it. I know, Washington Heights, Dicument, Harlem, Aara. I definitely tapped in heavy here. I do this for y'all, and I definitely want to say thank you everybody for the support and again every single day, one percent. This is definitely a marathon. This wasn't taught to us, so we got to take it day by day, learn and grow and definitely stay persistent.
Speaker 5: There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. Education at the highest level. Appreciate you. Brother.
Speaker 4: Like Wise, like Ques you guys tap in, stay safe out there, enjoy the holiday weekend, take some time to educate yourself and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll see you. We'll see you soon.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Hello, all right, guys, all right, y'all,