Speaker 1: Russia, Russia, Russia, Well, Russia's back in the news. The Department of Justice has insisted on that they just announced the Department of Justice did that they were seizing thirty two domains tied to Russian influence campaign. Basically, these court documents alleged that rt a Russia state media network which was previously called Russia Today, that they deployed nearly ten million dollars to finance and direct a Tennessee based online content company to post videos I guess, you know, allegedly pushing propaganda and whatnot.
Speaker 2: But we've seen a.
Speaker 1: Lot of this, right, I mean, we recently found out that Governor Kathy Hokel had an alleged Chinese spy working for her office for nearly a decade. That comes on the heels of previously learning that Eric Swolwell was caught with a Chinese spy having connections to Fengfeng. We know that Diane Feinstein Center, Diane Feinstein had employed a Chinese.
Speaker 2: Spies your driver for quite some time.
Speaker 1: You know. There's also been newss are on Envoy Robert Malley had a security clearance suspended was also under investigation by the FBI. Senator Bob Menendez how to resign following a conviction for acting as an agent for the Egyptian government. You know, Mayor Adams is under investigation in relation to Turkey. So a lot of influence by foreign actors, right, you know, this is all what's been alleged, a lot of this influence. So why the specific focus on Russia by the left and the media. I think most normal people would say, hey, look, I don't want any foreign adversary to be messing with our country. I don't want them infiltrating or politicians. I don't want them having influence in our public policy decisions that are lawmakers are making. I think that's a normal conclusion for us all to draw of saying all these countries, I just listed our enemies. They're not our friends.
Speaker 2: So why just the focus on Russia?
Speaker 1: And why now when you know there were some you know, conservative people tied up in the recent DOJ drop, you know, particularly after we've already seen the FBI and the Department of Justice engaged in the Russia hoax against Donald Trump. We know that fifty one former intelligence officers lied to US about Russian disinformation, claiming that Hunter Biden's laptop was Russian disinformation? So what a make of all of this? You know Rebecca Kaufler, we've had her on the show before. She's the author of Putin's playbook, Russia's Secret Plan to Defeat America. She's also a former intelligence officer who served as a Russian doctrine and strategy specialist in the Defense Intelligence Agency from twy and eight to twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: We're going to get her take on all of this. What should you know?
Speaker 1: How much influence do these enemy nations have in our country? And why this dropped from the Department of Justice now heading into the election. What's the intention behind it? Is it just because people did something bad or are they trying to again influence our elections. We'll also get into to where the war between Russia and Ukraine stand today. It's hard to really know, so we'll dig into that with her. So a lot to get to stay tuned for. Rebecca Coffler. Well, Rebecca, it's great to have you.
Speaker 2: Back on the show. Appreciate you making the time.
Speaker 3: Of course, thanks for having me, Lisa.
Speaker 1: I wanted to get you know, Russia is back in the news. I mean, I guess it really hasn't left. But so the Justice Department just announced that it was seizing thirty two domains tied to what they call a Russian influence campaign. They alleged that, you know, these influencers were basically used in the United States on behalf of Russia to push propaganda. What do you make of this announcement from the Department of Justice and what should people know about it?
Speaker 3: Sure two things, Lisa. Yes, Russia traditionally does try to into veen in the US elections, right, just like China does, and a lot of other countries do. Any major US adversary with their standard intelligence service does that, just like the United States. We do that to other countries. There's a doctrine that the Russians have of elections sabotaged. And yes, this announcement is accurate, but only partially because the Russians don't do this to elect a specific person. They know that they are not capable of that it's the US voter that chooses the US president. They do that for a completely different reason. They do that to foment conditions for social unrest. There's another doctrine called control instability. But what's also interesting about the timing of this release, the US spy agencies are actually either deliberately not understand either unintentionally they don't understand the Russian doctrine, or they understand it, and they push this narrative right now saying that the Russians are trying to elect Donald Trump, they favored Trump, And isn't it interesting that just two months before the election, here we go again they're pushing that very same narrative. It's them for trying to intervene in the election. It's the US spy agency instead are trying to do that.
Speaker 1: In my assess, you know, they said that the documents alleged that you know, RTI, which used to be Russia today, deployed nearly ten million to finance in direct to Tennessee based online content creation company to post certain videos. I guess you'd kind of mention of what some of the things that Russia tries to do. How influential have their actions been and you know, trying to push some of these propaganda, you know, I mean, is it effective at all?
Speaker 2: Do you think?
Speaker 3: Well, it depends on how you measure effectiveness. Again, what the Russians are trying to do, they are trying to pit Americans against one another. Uh, they're tailoring their narratives to drive divisions among like religious people versus non religious people, right pro police and against police. So but we, in fact, we are already doing it to ourselves, right, just by virtue of Kamala Harris. You know, she comes out and she starts, you know, targeting certain people also, like Christians, like JD. Van like she's attacking him. And so what the Russians are trying to do they is simply amplifying this. But if you measure effectiveness but by Russian ability to actually change votes, then no, they don't have such capability. They have not changed a single vote. So they're creating all of that commotion, but it's not effective when it comes to actual election influence. It's more of creating disorder. You know.
Speaker 1: It's the timing suspicions on behalf of the Department of Justice. You know, they typically have a sixty day rule of sort of impartiality to not try to influence elections. Obviously, you know there are you know, quote unquote conservative commentators that are you know named in here and have been in the news with this. You know, obviously conservatives have suspicions on the way the Department of Justice and the FBI have handled things involving Russia in the past. You know, we all saw, we've discussed the Russia hoax that was weaponized against Donald Trump, and then we also saw, you know, fifty one former intelligence officers lie about Hunter Biden's laptop to the public, saying it was Russian disinformation when it was not. So I guess, does this timing of this strike you, as you know, interesting or suspicious on behalf of the Department of Justice, or you know, kind of what do you make of that aspect of this?
Speaker 3: One hundred percent, I am very very suspicious of the timing of this release. And here's why. I mean, we already know that the Obama administration, the spy agencies, and the Department of Justice completely weaponized the bureaucracy against Donald Trump to create that Russia Trump collusion hoax that never existed. And at that point, at that time, I was in the intelligence service, right in the intelligence community, in the DiiA Defense Intelligence Agency, and we know that, and I knew back then that it's John Brennan, the Obama CIA director, James Comy, Obama's FBI director, and James Clapp of the Director of National Intelligence in the Obama administration, they drove the creation of the so called Intelligence Community Assessment that was published the declassified version of it on January seventh, or six, rather twenty seventeen, and that assessment claimed that the Russians preferred Trump, and there was there and that's what pushed out that false narrative of the collusion, and that's when the whole thing started. And here they come again, right, And all they need to do is just so doubt in the minds of Americans and use the word Trump in the word Russia or Trump and Pudtin in the same sentence. And certain people who are already preconditioned to believe that they immediately will eat it up. And so that's exactly the interesting bit about this, Lisa, is that that's exactly how the Russians operate as well. They never try to convert a person who is of the opposite belief right. If you are a conservative, the Russians are never trying to make you a liberal. But they already are planting certain narratives to people who already to predispose for certain beliefs. And the Justice Department adopted Putent's playbook. So they're doing the very exact same thing. And people who the only thing that they listen to see is a CNN and if they read New York Times, which basically has become the US version of Pravda, right, the Soviet Pravda, it's the it's the regime newspaper supporting the Harris Biden administration. And so those people who already predisposed to believe all of these hoaxes that are coming out of US by agencies and the Justice Department, they're going to believe that. And so, in fact, like I said, it's the Justice Department that is trying to influence the election by spreading, by amplifying this narrative.
Speaker 1: We've got a quick commercial break more with Rebecca on the other side. We've also just seen a lot of this, you know, across the board. I mean, we just learned that, you know, Governor Kathy Hochel had an alleged Chinese spy working for her office for nearly a decade. It was the former deputy chief of staff, Linda Sun. She was charged with eating Chinese officials.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Eric Swollwell of course, was tied to Fengfeing a Chinese spy. You know, we know that Diane Feinstein had employed a Chinese spy. I think it was their driver for a long period of time. You know, unknowingly, we know that the Biden family has close ties to a lot of Chinese business individuals and Chinese companies. Uh, you know, I guess you know, how did how does China operate you know, to China and Rush operate similarly to influence elections? Or how does China you know do it? It seems like most of the their ties have been to democrats. We have Tim Walls, the vice president nominee for for DEMS, who has visited China something like thirty times. Like I guess is the Chinese does China more specifically target democrats?
Speaker 2: It seems is that is that the case?
Speaker 1: If so, why you know, what do you kind of make of China's desire to inflo and how they've got about it?
Speaker 3: Yes, the Chinese actually have penetrated the entire democratic apparatus if you will, and you I don't even need to name those, you have already done it, right, so uh, and they do that for decades. They have infiltrated operatives and these are intelligence officers. But they are unique in the sense that they are here not necessarily to collect secrets, although if opportunity to present themselves, they do that too, But they are here to infiltrate the Democratic Party and get close to decision makers within the US government so they can influence policy. And so all of these people have been very close to the Democratic Party, and they've been trying to uh to shape our laws, right because remember the Congress people are creating, uh, the legislative branch is uh writing and implementing these laws. But people who are putting certain narratives into the brains of people like Dane Feinstein and all of these Eric Swolfo, they are under the influence of the policies of the Chinese government. And so everything that we see right now unfolding, especially during the election season, is a result of decades worth of influence, not just months, not just days or weeks, decades, And that's how China operates well.
Speaker 1: And that's just you know Russia and you know China. You know, we also saw that you know, Biden's are on envoy Robert Bally had his Maley had his security clearance suspended, has been investigated by the FBI as well. And then you have New Jersey Senator Bob Menendez how to resign after being convicted for acting as an agent on behalf of the Egyptian government. So it's like it kind of makes you wonder how much of our public policy is dictated by foreign influenced a lot?
Speaker 3: And that's and that's a good question. And that is because the foreign advisories they have figured out how our system works, right, and we have something called lobbying in for example, like Russia doesn't have lobby and lobbying is in America. It's a it's a legitimate way of shaping laws, right, it's a it's a legal way of shaping laws. But it was not meant to be used by foreign adversaries. And so they've been paying attention. And that's exactly what they're trying to do, is covert lowering by placing these operatives, you know, Chinese, Iranians, the Russians, by the way, they do the same thing. Remember the keen Russian operatives that former President Obama sent back to Russia. Unfortunately, right, instead of turning them and flipping them and having them work for US intelligence, he just sent them back to Russia. But that's exactly what they were doing here as well, and they got very close to Hillary Clinton's circle, and that's exactly why the FBI pulled the trigger on arresting those ten illegals. That's another form of a contestine intelligence officer. They're called illegals I legalis in Russian. So all of these countries do that, and unfortunately there's no account to both. And nobody sat down and actually reviewed these laws and some does this law actually benefit the United States or does it benefit another country? And especially right now when we see, for example, a report has come out on deployment report that is actually foreign born the folks here in America that gaining more jobs than American born, Right, how did that happen? Well, Kamala Harris have led all of these people in and it's not just crime that the result is. It's not just crime, it's also changing the entire employment landscape of this country. How did that idea come to Kamala Harris and to her circle whoever is pushing that, who originally planted that idea? And it's definitely not in the interest of US security, or US stability or even economic prosperity of the American people. It's in someone else's interest, it's very clear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you've got a lot of foreign money going to universities in the country as well. And then you've got the Biden family into the Department of Justice found that they've made something like twenty seven million dollars from you know, foreign entities and foreign business people. It's very hard to imagine that that didn't influence policy making, you know, Joe Biden's policy making decisions. And to your point, you know, we're supposed to have the Foreign Asians Registration Act, which in my opinion, should be heavily enforced across the board, but unfortunately we sort of see an unequal application of it. It's typically used for political reasons, and I think if it was actually applied universally and evenly and justly and not in the name of politics, that might go a long way and keeping some of this you know, foreign influence, or at least keeping people honest knowing who's you know working on behalf of hill.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, I wanted to shift gears for for a minute and just kind of get from you. You know, what's it's hard to really ever know what's going on with the war between Russia and Ukraine. Where do things stand right now in that war?
Speaker 3: Yes, it is very hard. And you know why, Lisa, is because the US media is really not covering it accurately. Because again there's this narrative, very simplistic narrative that is spread not just in the years but across Western media, and it's very simplistic. Put in bads, let's get good, Russia bad, Ukraine good. So here's what's going on. Effectively, this war is in a stalemate. But uh, there's no military path for victory for Ukraine and so eventually you Raine will collapse. That is my professional intelligence assessment. And here's why from the very beginning this fight was an unfair fight. You have a small country of Ukraine with forty three million people population and you have Russia with one hundred and forty three million population. In the military that the Pentagon itself has designated as a near peer competitor. What does it mean a peer competitor. It means that the Russian military, both capability wise and doctrine wise, is comparable to US military. How do I know this to be true is because again it's codified already within the Pentagon's doctrine. I personally in June briefed the Northern Command Combatant Command. Northern Command is on North comb we call it is the command that is protecting the United States from foreign missile strikes, including from Russia, China, et cetera. I was briefing them on the Russian war fighting strategy and Putin's mindset. They are very concerned about escalation. And so despite the fact that we have all these media types saying how the Russian military doesn't know, you know, how to properly hold an ik, you know, forty seven. I'm kind of, you know, marking a little bit tight here, but that's what essentially they've been saying. The Russians can't fight. Eventually, Ukraine is going to be destroyed because it's already the critical infrastructure is almost entirely destroyed. By Putin has prepared to fight a very long, protracted war It's called the war of attrition trinally, and he will prevail simp because Russia has three times more people and it has a transition. Putting has traditioned its military and economy on a wartime footing seven years prior to the invasion, so he is going to our class and we, on the other hand, all of this weaponry that we have provided to Ukraine and two hundred million dollars worth of military assistance, both in cash and the military hardware, we are depleting our own arsenal already, right we are two dangerously low levels one hundred and fifty five millimeter shells and a javelin stingers. It's going to take us anywhere from five to eighteen years to replace. And so who understands that those resources are not finite and the patients of the American voter and the taxpay is not finite either, And so the longer the lens Ski weights to negotiate, the more Ukraine is going to be destroyed. And it's already ceasing to exist as a viable independent country because it completely relies on us, the United States and on the West for its existence. We're providing about fifty percent of its GDP, and the Ukraine government will collapse as soon as we pull that assistance.
Speaker 1: We've got more with Rebecca, but first we're quickly approaching the one year anniversary of the horrific Commas attacks on Israel, and still the Holy Land continues to be attacked on multiple fronts. Deadly threats are increasing in northern Israel. Constant rocket attacks from Hesba have been fired at Israel, causing widespread damage, with raging wildfires destroying precious farmland. Since the war started, the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews has been on the forefront in Israel, addressing the needs of the most vulnerable. That's why I'm partnering with IFCJ today. Your life saving donation will help provide emergency food as well as critical security needs such as flak jackets, firefighting equipment, armored vehicles, bomb shelters, and so much more. We're looking for five hundred listeners to join the Fellowship and me by donating one hundred and fifty dollars to meet these urgent security needs. And thanks to a generous IFCJ supporter, your gift will be matched, doubling your impact in.
Speaker 2: The Holy Land.
Speaker 1: Call to make your gift right now at eight eight eight for eight eight IFCJ. That's eight eight eight four eight eight IFCJ or four three two five or go online to support IFCJ dot org to give. That's one word support IFCJ dot org. Israel needs or support now so, you know, there's been a lot of reporting on Ukraine's offensive into Russia's Cursk Cursk, I'm saying that region. Yes, you know, what do you make of that offensive? Does that changed the dynamics of the war at all?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Is there a significance to that? You know, I guess what does that mean?
Speaker 3: So there's there's.
Speaker 4: A little bit of significance here in the sense that Lendscape has demonstrated that he is able to.
Speaker 3: To violate Russia's traditional red line. What is the red line? The territorial integrity and sovereignty of Russia has not been violated since World War Two. Well, Zelenski was able to do that, but Putin has retaliated massively. Uh, And it's not going to dramatically change anything in terms of the dynamics of the war and in terms of the outcome of the war. The reason why Zlanskap did that, in my assessment, is because he wanted to demonstrate to the United States and to the West that he can stay in the fight. Because what he's concerned right now is to lose, you know, to lose our money, to lose our military hardware. And he's also desperate because remember Zelenski, because the entire career is dependent on this narrative that the Western media has created that he is this amazing you know, democratic leader Churchill in the T shirt, and nothing can be further from the truth. Z Lanski is a mini cho whutin he is only you know he's he's not a democratic leader because he has outlawed all of the opposition. He outlawed all of the independent media in Ukraine. The intelligence services who work for Zelenski, the SBU, s Luzburg Spee Ukraine, they grant Ukrainian men off the street to send them to the front line because nobody wants to go fight anymore. And so this man is effectively having its own country destroyed by unwilling to actually come up with achievable war goals, because he has articulated his definition of victory to be able to kick the Russians out of the entire Ukraine, and that's unachievable because Russians control about twenty percent of Ukraine. And so the fighting is going to go on as long as nobody pushes Pudin and Zolenski to sit down at the table and actually negotiate and stop the senseless dying of Ukrainians because these are healthy, young European men, you know, child producing age, that are simply being illuminated from the Dean pool, if you will, Right now.
Speaker 1: Before we go, why is the left so obsessed with Russia? I think most normal people objectively would say, Okay, Russia is not her friend, China is not her friend, Iran is not her friend, and recognize that these countries are adversaries. But then the media and the left only focus on you know, they ignore the Chinese infiltration into our country, they ignore the Iranian infiltration, but they solely focus on the Russian infiltration. It's just it's strange. You would think that we would be equally concerned about any enemy nation, any adversary trying to influence impact metal with her country, but it's only Russia they focus on. You know, why are they so obsessed with Russia?
Speaker 3: Well that's the one question that I'm afraid I can't answer, Lisa, because I've been bewildered myself, because you have Shi Jimping, who is as much of a dictator and as much of a murder right, if you will, as look what's going on with the wiers, right, it's there's there's effectively genocide that's going on. Uh, and yet we are you know, in on good terms relatively speaking with with China because we're so dependent on the economically. I have no idea why there's such an obsession, uh with Russia. My only guest is that there's such a preconceived institutional anti Russia bias because remember, uh, the United States and uh the Union have been at war sort of uh, non kinetic war, but right the Cold War was lasting for decades and the United States has won. Although right now you're going to actually, you know, argue the other way because the United States is now basically turning into USSI to the zero because of of the Sovietization of americ everything that I experienced back in the year. So it's the censorship, the government control, and it's all has come here to the United States. But so I don't know, I don't know exactly why there's such obsession with Russia. It beats me, honestly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you've got like Iron saying death to America, yet they've infiltrated the Biden administration. It's like you just think, you know, it's just it's weird to me. It's like, I think we could equally say that, you know, none of these countries are our friends, we should be concerned about, you know, any enemy influence into the country. But it's just just strange the hyper focus on one country as opposed to just you know, being concerned about all of it.
Speaker 3: But exactly, yeah, one thing, one thing I want to mention here. Yes, we should be concerned, just like you said, about all foreign adversaries, and we should be prepared for the worst case scenario because yes, they're chanting the Iranians death to Americans. And the intelligence community's assessment is that Iran has been developing clandesta networks within our country for a decade, okay, and so and instead here we are sending all of our weaponry to Ukraine, depleting our own arsenal. We have China that is getting ready to invade Taiwan, and one of the high rank in generals, who is the head of the Air Mobility Command, which is part of the Transportation Command, has assessed that China can invade Taiwan as early as twenty twenty five, which is just a few months from now. And we actually, unlike Ukraine, who is even not our traditional ally, right, it's not part of NATO. Is just you know, somebody just decided we're going to make Ukraine an ally, but Taiwan, we actually have an obligation to defend them. How are we gonna and if things go bad? Both Russian and China have the doctrine to target, at least in the beginning, non kinetically, to target the United States. And we have no answer for that because we are running out of capability by sending it to Ukraine, and we even have forced is Rill to give some of the weaponry to Ukraine. I mean, it makes no sense to me whoever is running the show over there, And now I have no idea who's running the show. It's clearly not Biden, but that person is either incompetent or they maliciously are making decisions that go against your security and against yours economic prosparity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we have open borders, and you know you had mentioned the Iranian Clindestine you know, operations here in the United States. We've we've basically rolled out the red carpet for bad actors to get into the country.
Speaker 3: So you know, yes, I'm incasingly I'm increasingly concerned Lisa. We have September eleventh next Wednesday, and with me being the intelligence officer, I constantly watch for what we've on the intelligence business. I am w indications and warnings, and what I see right now in terms of threat level rising, I really do not like. Because what you see in Aurora right now in the Venezuelan Gang, that show is coming to a city near you, and I am really concerned about September eleven.
Speaker 1: I am too, well, you know, prayers for safety of the country. Yeah, we're going through some tough times and so you know, hopefully Trump wins in November and hopefully that we're able to turn the ship around and bring some stability not only to the United States but around the world as well, because we're sure as hell not going to get that under Kamala Harris, so.
Speaker 3: And into that.
Speaker 1: Rebecca Coffler, appreciate your time. Thanks so much for joining the show and bring your insight. God bless that was Rebecca Coefler. Appreciate her for taking the time to come on the show. Appreciate you guys at home for listening every Monday and Thursday, but you can listen throughout the week. I want to thank John Cassio and my producer for putting the show together. Until next time.