Speaker 1: And this drink chess, motherfucking podcast. Man, he's a legendary queens rapper. He ain't say greed as your boy in O r E.
Speaker 2: He's a Miami hip hop pioneer.
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 1: It's d J e f N. Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drinks Chans mocavery.
Speaker 1: Days New Year c that's it's time for drink champs. Drink up, motherfuck mother? What it gonna be gon to sup? This your boy?
Speaker 5: Oh edit?
Speaker 1: What up? It's d J e f N and this middle teman crazy rall drinke chimps. Yeah, yeah right. We said that we want to do this show.
Speaker 6: We want to give it to legend who want to give it to people who has deserved it, who has earned this right? His brother here a tax politics at tax you know, real world issues direct straight on, got classic stand up issues?
Speaker 1: Excuse me, I got issues too, Classic issues?
Speaker 6: Got classic uh two seasons on Netflix. If you haven't seen it, you must be living under a rock because I'm in shock. So in case you don't know what we're talking about, we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Want to know.
Speaker 6: Because I just thought about it because I'm looking at the cocaine section that we got over there, Cocaine, that's Columbia right there, we got mister Lee Dominican. You pointed out a scarface accent. Are we good if ice run up in here right now?
Speaker 1: Probably not. I'm glad I got my paper.
Speaker 7: I say, I've been through it enough at this point that I'd been like, what, I'll just roll with the punches. I'm like, whenever I get out, this is going to be hot twenty minutes from stand.
Speaker 1: Up, And I think about it. So is it true that you didn't get your papers for twenty years? That's absolutely true? Does that? How does that work?
Speaker 6: How do you navigate being in this country with our papers?
Speaker 1: Because and then I'm want to give you my London story, So I like your London story. Jesus.
Speaker 7: Well, the thing is is that you you know I was documented, it wasn't undocumented. So the way you do is you file for asylum, and the asylum proceedings take quite some time. So before I even have my asylum granted, it took ten years. And people think, like when you get your asylum grants, you become a citizen.
Speaker 1: Well, no, it's not the case.
Speaker 7: You get your asylum granted, you wait five years to get your green card, and once you get your green card, you have to wait four years and nine months before you apply for citizenship. So in totality, it took me almost twenty years. You die of twenty years. So let me ask you, this is out of stupidity.
Speaker 1: No, it's fine.
Speaker 6: Does that happen from everybody getting a citizenship.
Speaker 1: Or does the guy from Scotland get his the six I mean it depends. I mean each situation, that's a whole difference. Yeah, it's a different thing. So we can filed for asylum. It's his own process and it does take time. You can't like skip the process.
Speaker 7: And they're so behind, it's so far behind in the court systems that it's just you know, it's by chance. And for us, we had all kinds of things that happened along the way that delayed it even further. I mean, my father passed away Altamo. He was he had a lawyer and you know, he had everything set up and then he passed. Once he passed, we didn't know who the lawyer was. We had to kind of start over again.
Speaker 1: Like the stuff in the series.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly what happened in the series exactly. That was a copy paste from episode seven and season one where the we finally get the case, We finally get the you know, we go into court and hopefully that we're gonna get our asylum granted. And then he says, I'm sorry, you know, I I you know, once he realized who my father was, I was looking for him. I didn't know that he passed away. He got teary eyed. He says, it has to remove himself from the case for compliment interest and that delayed is another like eight months, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So it's just it just things just happened along the way.
Speaker 7: And I always, you know, take a stance of like I'm a privileged refugee, right, Like there's a lot of people plagi away, Like, yes, there was a struggle to get the paper where, yes, there was all these obstacles, but I was still in a situation where there was opportunity for me to grow and make it. I mean, look where I am here today. So I'm very very grateful for that. I'm very very grateful. So so I don't want to compare myself to to others that are living in the tent or those that are like they didn't even make it to the country because they died along the way. Like there's some really really serious conditions that refugees have to live under for most of their lives. It's not their entire lives, So I don't want to necessarily, you know.
Speaker 1: I got to make sure that I point that out.
Speaker 7: Like I'm very, very privileged and I know that even though it was a massive struggle and a lot of turmoil to get over and still work through.
Speaker 1: You know, it's got very serious. I love the chill. Every time you come back podcast, it become so damn this will be more. No, I'm will tell you something.
Speaker 6: What's crazy is me watching especially is me watching the stand up.
Speaker 1: That's what your life kind of is.
Speaker 6: It's like you kind of make light of some very serious conversations, but you make it funny. And it's like it's like that's that's a gift in itself, Like.
Speaker 7: It's a natural reaction to these situations, like there's nothing else to do, Like it's so fucking depressing, you have to create something funny out of it, and it's very natural. It's not for us. It's just by like like even in the series, I just decided to put my character through the most pressure cooker of a situation. The more awkward or difficult the situation was, the funnier it gets, right, or maybe even the list of some kind of reaction from the viewer, like that was my intent, and uh, yeah, that's what it does.
Speaker 1: It's just a natural.
Speaker 7: Reaction to to the to the insanity happening around me.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about the series for a second.
Speaker 6: Right, the fat guy in the series, I believe season one, right, he had you in the corner, had the guy somebody was Boxing's a gangsta Houston big guy who's the gegst from Houston's related to Boston Little Jack.
Speaker 7: No, this is no correlation. It all stop shotting. I'm trying to connect dot to. He was just the best man for the role and said he's just having to be.
Speaker 2: Fat, just like.
Speaker 1: I've got everybody this morning.
Speaker 6: I was like, he takes his slip, Little Jack. It's big that he puts.
Speaker 5: He's giving us schools conspiracy theory.
Speaker 1: Boxing ring is in third ward.
Speaker 7: I mean shout out to the tray and uh, it's another neighborhood that's close to my heart, just like a leaf. The neighborhood I grew up in, and that boxing gym was founded by my dear friend's father, who was Reverend Reverend Ray Martin, and that gym is you know, uh, he's done a lot of great things for the community. And that's why I film it there. Okay, has nothing to do with I do do that ship. I do do plany. Absolutely, I do do yes, I do do you do as well? But I absolutely am very mindful about, you know, having little little thing seeds that I plan along the way, you know, little hidden gems along the way.
Speaker 6: Yes, Like even in the series, right, there's a part where you're you're a young man and then they start cracking jokes.
Speaker 1: This is coffee, not Guinness. Okay, Okay, damn about that. I was about say that, I'll go and keep it to myself, but so it is. So it's a time. I guess it's a double on tantra.
Speaker 6: Right, you as a kid, you walk over, these two kids are fighting. I believe that both Mexicans, I mean, because.
Speaker 1: They're playing the dozens, right, and then you walk over, you laugh, and then one.
Speaker 6: Of the the kids like start fighting on you. Now here's a question that I have, was that the first time you saw comedy?
Speaker 1: Was was that the correlation for that that scene? Was it the first time you saw comedy or that was the first time you was being American bully. No, that's definitely not the first time I've seen comedy. Okay.
Speaker 7: First, I've seen people play the dozens where they just rag on each other's.
Speaker 1: Mother's right, Okay, I've never seen that as an Arab person. That's Muslim person. That's the most sacred next use your mom.
Speaker 7: So I'm like, you know, and I had a British accent, was like, yeah, like you know, I don't know, doesn't know.
Speaker 1: What is that that's like raging? Okay, guy, I could tell you is a turn?
Speaker 2: You know that turn like like Richard pryor like that error they like your mama jokes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the first time is a Muslim as.
Speaker 7: An Arab guy is just fresh off the country from I went to British English school.
Speaker 1: I heard people, your mama's so fair.
Speaker 7: Everybody gets your your MoMA, so you know your mama gets wrong, She's like a doorknob. Everybody gets to turn. I was like what the I was like talking about each other's moment. It was just you couldn't believe, like this is like, you know, there's a murder that's about to happen in our culture if you talk about his mom.
Speaker 1: And this was just like, you know, just jokes. You know, I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 6: No, but I heard you told say Arabic slang and you said one of the Arabic slang is fuck you pussy that.
Speaker 1: I was like, Jamaican, I have I have a joke about language.
Speaker 7: It's really the joke essence of the joke is about language is really funny talk about No, I did not.
Speaker 1: Say I'm an American.
Speaker 2: I don't ever I don't.
Speaker 1: Ever come sign anything.
Speaker 7: I want to keep my I just had this basketboard. I've been very happy to travel world.
Speaker 1: Stand up.
Speaker 7: No, it's just like if it's a joke about you know, language and how sophistical languages, and I think it's just a funny turn to take just to talk about, for given example, about cursing in Arabic versus English, and cursing in Arabic is much much more, you know, has a lot of impact after like it, you know, yeah, bro, you said the movie The Pussy you slithered out of it.
Speaker 1: It's just craise's so horrible. Yeah, like what are you talking about? Like this is impossible, Like motherfucker's nothing, there's nothing you Yeah right, you know you said there's one word that's that fuck you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's probably one of my favorite is.
Speaker 8: Your whole history, which means your entire history, like my great great grandy, all them, the entire your whole DNA.
Speaker 1: Your whole DNA. That that is just diabolical.
Speaker 7: And it's not even like it's not even no like filthy words come out of it's just a sentence like that means, damn, your history.
Speaker 1: That's so fucked up, you know, it means this is really like a very diverse conversation right now. So how was it?
Speaker 7: Like he just told me my mom supposed.
Speaker 1: To joke, I don't know. He's from Iraq? Why, Okay? So in New Yorkers in the building.
Speaker 2: In New York there's an area where he's from called Left Frack City. So when he came out with his group, component nor Diega, Left Frack City became Iraq Cocaine Kwa Compone was from Queen's Bridge, so it's kwait and.
Speaker 6: He needs to know, just kind of like, you know, it was a very different places from For years I never corrected people, but also.
Speaker 1: People like, hey man, you from my rack.
Speaker 6: I'm like, sure, I'll tell you. Okay, So what were talking about? Okay, yeah, cool, Yeah, that's when I was.
Speaker 1: Stuck in Japan.
Speaker 7: Okay, yes, you said it's hard to get in London as well. Well, No, it was just like at that time when I didn't have a passport, it was very difficult to get into a lot of different places.
Speaker 1: But excuse me, difficult anyway if you have yeah, exactly, yeah, yeah, you have. What they do is they give you a refugee travel document. So I'm stateless, bro, it's not it so many stories. Yeah it is, and it isn't like it is.
Speaker 7: But when you have literally no other option, you don't think about it as like, oh it is scary traveling with this. There's nothing that's scary for you. All it is is like you're just trying to get to the gig. So there's many many situations where I had to, like you know, I had to learn the law. I had to understand what my rights were. Most of the time I'm educating the U the lady that's checking me in, or the person who's checking me into the airport. Yeah, I was like no.
Speaker 1: According to the United Nations in nineteen forty eight when it was once it was founded, this refugee travel document allows you to travel internationally while you're still seeking asylum in that respected country and therefore, you know, regarding the rules of the United States and that respect country that I'm visiting, they have a deal in place that allows me to travel there legally. Here's a document that pauls like, guess it was just my life.
Speaker 7: Its sometimes I would like miss lead the agent a little bit to just let me go in, and then I would just take my chances once I got to that country. So it was kind of a situation pretty much on a regular basis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I was. I was my case. Yeah, it is undred percent.
Speaker 7: And my first gig was I was like nineteen years old, I'm going to Germany, Italy, Sicily, and I went to the German consulate the day I'm flying out to Germany, like the most rookie ass shit, the day you're flying out, you're going to see if you can actually.
Speaker 1: Go to the gig to be I would have missed the whole gig.
Speaker 7: I was with the whole gig. It's my whole livelihood. I have nothing else, and it was nuts. Because I get to the consulate, he goes, this might be the luckiest day of your life.
Speaker 1: I said why.
Speaker 7: He said, because you have a refugee travel document that's issued by the United States. It is recognized by Germany essentially as a passport.
Speaker 1: You don't need to enter uh Germany with a visa. Additionally, you can travel eat Italy legally because they just passed the Shannghan law.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry if I'm mispronouncing that Shangan law, which means you can once you enter a European country within New European Union, you can travel now domestically in the other countries, so you don't need a visa anymore. Once I knew that loophole, I was booking gigs in Holland. I was flying to Germany. Go to Germany, kids, train and go down to Ampsteam. I was doing all kinds of moves like that just to get to where I need to get for the gig.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so is it.
Speaker 6: God blessed America for you.
Speaker 7: God bless America. God bless everything. Okay, God bless everything all the time. You can't do anything in there made yeah what I was trying to get my citizenship. Yah, it was just like I even forgot the bit that was so long ago, seven years ago.
Speaker 1: I don't even remember that bit.
Speaker 7: It's funny you're referencing the first special, because I feel like that was one of my favorite jokes at all in that sure.
Speaker 2: Comedy. Once you put out a special, those jokes go away.
Speaker 1: And bringing your jokes no more. It's like an album. No no, it's still yeah the comedy.
Speaker 2: Those jokes are gone, so we know them more than the comedian because we get in I.
Speaker 1: See him second looking at me. I didn't beat that. Yeah. Like it's the opposite.
Speaker 7: Like hip hop artists or musicians in general, like they write their album in studio, they released the album, they tore the album. Comedians, we write the album live in front of the audience, and we tore it like hell. Once we get it solidified, we film it, we release it.
Speaker 1: We don't know. We no longer tour the album. It's the direct opposite.
Speaker 7: Signs are not that fair because some people come to the shows and be like they start thinking request that it's never you used to like, it's lose lose really because every time they come out they love the new material. But also they're like, I wanted to see those if you would do the old ship, they'll see like I thought it was gonna be new ships. Never, it's always a work in progress, all right.
Speaker 2: They try to. There's talks with some comedians like doing the greatest hits and stuff. Yeah, because there's some jokes that consist of there's just some jokes that are so famous to us that we love so much, but once the special comes out, they don't ever do those jokes again.
Speaker 4: It wasn't always like that, because there used to be regular albums put out by comedians.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 7: But it was different though, because in those days it was either just audio or a few channels, a few channels that existed you could you could release something and still essentially tour it because most people haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: It was for the specials. Yeah, well even you know they had specials back there. But I'm saying that specials are big. Yeah, they're so big.
Speaker 7: They still they still would tour them back in the day a little bit to a certain degree, probably a lot more than today.
Speaker 1: For sure, but I think that's the problem with new comedians.
Speaker 7: Today, Like they post everything on TikTok, and they post everything that they have on Instagram, and then people come out and watched and they're doing the same.
Speaker 1: You don't have enough material, and that's not the way it goes.
Speaker 7: You know, you need to save that and have patience. There's no patience anymore about nurturing the art form and really really growing as a comedian as a stand up and then find yourself and then being able to get in rhythm and understand like your process, and then you just start just talking.
Speaker 1: You don't even need to depend on materials, just go on stage and just do your thing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's the difference.
Speaker 6: I know you said earlier said sometimes you said sometimes you think it's not.
Speaker 1: Fair, right.
Speaker 6: The one thing that I think is really not fair is when like, like you know, me doing this show, I started to like research, you know, the real chit in circuit, right, because you know, we had our versions of the it was called underground or backpack, right, oh, and we used to go to do these shows. But when I started to investigate the comedic world, I started to realize that it was a lot less comedians that made it like meaning like there was people that was on a bill with somebody that was getting five grand and somebody was getting one hundred dollars or like something like that, and I had met the fuck got here about like when we first started, Like because what I'm saying is like, if you get a little buzz and hip hop like a Beaer minimum figure, you're getting like twenty five or like three k, Like.
Speaker 1: You get one big hit, you eat off of that the rest of your life.
Speaker 6: It is correct, that's potentially situation.
Speaker 1: Then that's it.
Speaker 6: Like the comedians and I looked at like somebody like maybe I would know from Staten Island and no one else knows, but he's from Staten Island and he's funny white guy, and I'm like, I like him. And then I'm like, hey, you know, you know, you know you can book him for a fucking one hundred and fifty thirty five bucks, like what and like so that that part was like mind blowing to me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Bro, my first gig, I think I made twenty five dollars. You know, twenty five bucks. You were touring, you would do these one nighters. You have the chilling circuit like you said, for yourselves. My circuit was throughout the South, so it was me my Toyota Camri and just driving to one night or after one night, or you just go seven hours this way for I used to make fun of this booker, like, motherfucker, do you have a map?
Speaker 1: But you know, God damn, bro, I gotta go go Oklahoma.
Speaker 7: I gotta come back to Temple, Texas. I gotta go back to Oklahoma. Who the fuck is booking this?
Speaker 1: He was just reading.
Speaker 7: One time he called me. He was like, listen, I got you a middle of no desk on Friday. I got you a gig on Saturday, a monthly. I was like, where the fuck is monthy? And then I looked it up. I was like monthly Indiana. I was like, bro, I have to get off stage an hour before I go on to make it in time to months Indiana. This is twenty four hour drive. It's like, he's just absurd. But it was like one hundred dollars a gig that you can make, and if you come back with something, you are happy. But it's about like developing your r form, not really about the money.
Speaker 1: It's about the long term. It's like a forever promo run. It sounds like ye, like for artists, that's a promo run. Went on the road for free go out there, said yeah, he just got he's got to develop your material for yourself as an artist, as a.
Speaker 7: Comedian, as you know, slow and you figure out yourself. It's very very slow. I mean when I walked into the Comedy Showcase when I was like seventeen years old, my mentor, Danny Martinez, he looked at me, saw me go up on stage, and he was like, he took me aside. He took me outside actually, and he goes, listen, I've mentored a lot of comedians. They've gone on to have very successful careers. And he mapped out my entire life. Wow, and like he told me every step of what my life is going to look like. And he told me I was gonna have my own TV show. He told me I'm gonna have this, I'm gonna have a specials, I'm gonna do movies. He told me my whole life. He says, but it's gonna take you twenty years. And if you're in great, I want you know you will be my last student and you have to listen to everything. I say if you don't, don't waste my fucking time.
Speaker 1: Are you in? I was like, Hell, yeah, I'm in.
Speaker 7: It was the same mentor to Ralphie May you know it was a great comedian from Houston and t Shan Channon who wrote for SNL for many years, and many many other comedians who ended up having their own specials and have their own success at their own levels.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: So I was like as a seventeen year old kid that had no real guyance. I was seventeen.
Speaker 2: M wow.
Speaker 7: I started when I was fourteen in high school doing stand up in like my classes. After my dad died, I just like stopped. I skipped school. I was living like first US day off. I would wear like rollings school and seldom host. Was that like a thoughtful lot to do what comedy back then?
Speaker 1: No, it's not that stuff for a lot.
Speaker 7: It was just more of an unknown you know, nobody really knew. Nobody knew stand up, like especially my family. My mom didn't understand it. I come from a very educated family and background, so it was like it was weird for me not to go to college, like bypass going to college and do stand up comedies. You just concerned for my futures, just like any parent would be.
Speaker 2: You know, I was selling I was telling somebody the other day, like it takes a long time to get good at stand up. Because look, even as a DJ, right, if you have a shit gig in a bar, you get three hours and you practicing for three hours, right, Like, maybe there's ten people in there, and you like you rapping a three hours, You're like, you're practicing as much as you can. Stand up. You get ten or fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: And it might be a dude in there telling you suck. Yeah, like you got to get it's.
Speaker 2: Really clicking where you only get ten I mean, bro, ten to fifteen minutes means you have a good set. Open mics is four minutes. Maybe somebody that you open up for five minutes. Like when I was on the radio in New York and all these comedians will come do carolines. I'll be like, yo, can I can I open up five minutes before the show stuck?
Speaker 6: Before five minutes is taken us there? Five minutes or that five minutes is like.
Speaker 2: No, have a certain amount of open Like.
Speaker 6: If he has thirty minutes and you say to him, can I get five minutes?
Speaker 1: He doesn't get thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: A lot of time before that depends.
Speaker 7: It ends, But usually there's a lot of time for whatever. Whoever's opening, just give them whatever time. But yeah, unless because sometimes it's back to back shows on weekends. Most of the time it is back to back shows. So therefore the first show is affected by the second show, So you gotta sometimes there's some adjustments you might take away from the first show, but the second show you can go along.
Speaker 1: So who's who's been a dickhead to you? When you ask us?
Speaker 4: To me?
Speaker 7: When I had to open up, I mean, there was some headline I don't remember their names, but it was just like, why you doing this material in front of me? Or don't do that because I touch upon this. I'm like, well, I don't even know who you are, what stand.
Speaker 1: Up you do? Like, I'm just doing my thing. So I was.
Speaker 7: I was raised and stand up as like, Yo, if somebody does a joke that touches upon yours in some way, wow, you have to be able to pivot and move and that's what makes you a great comedian. So I never do that to anybody who opens up for me. Where anybody who works with me or anything like that. I never rarely ever trying to say yo yo yo. Yeah yeah, not even like joke. So whose mind is more like the subject matter where it becomes repetitive. It's very very rare that I've ever even said anything like that. It's usually the circumstances there. But they do that frequently. People do that frequently. And I would say when I first started, because I was so young, and I was so like, you know, just like full energy. I'm seventeen, I'm bouncing off the wall very you know, very very expressive and all this stuff. So there's you know, there's just like this shit that exists in like stand up where they're like click is or you're not like.
Speaker 1: This or you're not like that. But bro, I'm seventeen, you know, saying what do you?
Speaker 7: You have to mature and grow and figure it out for yourself and see where you're gonna end up.
Speaker 1: So I didn't like that shit.
Speaker 7: That's why I really like I focused on what was important, which is getting stage time, getting on the road and getting better and staying focused and making.
Speaker 1: Sure that all the other stuff is just noise.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: I noticed that everyone was just trying to emulate who they love most, and we all do to a certain degree. But the thing the gap for me was I've only been in the country eight years, so people walk up to me and be like, oh, you sound like Sam Knston. I'm like, who's Sam Kennis? You know what I'm saying. When I was doing stand up eight years I came ou I was nine years old. I started when I was fourteen in high school. The only person that I knew was those famous ones who had television shows. And then by the time I was, you know, seventeen, I didn't know who Bill Hicks was. Or imagine tell your mom, like, who's just like making X amount of dollars? We need cable like get the fuck out of my face, cable trying to eat to make sure the rent is spaced. So I had no knowledge of previous comedians that existed before me. And that then there was a comedian that came up to me at open mic. He's like, you know, there's all these interesting characters on Mike. He does real estate, but he shows up every Monday Mike. He's the one who gave me all these VHS tapes of all these amazing comedians that have had specials and that's when I started really understanding my own art form. You know, I was like, oh, and even Eddie Murphy. I didn't know Eddie Murphy didn't stand up. I knew him from the movies because he only did two specials. I hadn't know any that was in the eighties. I came in ninety one, ninety ninety one, so I had no idea, No, oh, that's a Murphy Joe, who's it? Oh yeah, oh yeah, of course I know. I remember, but I didn't know he didn stand up.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It was like that raw too raw and delivery delirious. Yeah, of course I know that. Yes, No, incredible, incredible, incredible.
Speaker 6: So I thought I was the hotel king until one day I'm scrolling across complex and I see an interview with you, and you said, because I finessed the four o'clock checkout, I thought four thirty I was ill.
Speaker 1: I thought I was ill with the four thirty. I heard you get a six o'clock check I've gotten six pm checkouts eight pm. I have not all the day. I've never heard of this trick. Is is a British accent? You have to heard heard? Yeah? Okay, yound like he said, hello, Hello, who am I speaking with? You know, listen, this is my flight has been canceled out of Europe unfortunately, and this booked through a travelationship, so I couldn't I couldn't change my ticket, and I'm wonder, you know, you got to just put them in a very stressful situation and they're like, oh you know, and they're like, no, no, we can't do it. Well, I need to speak with someone you know, would do a lot of business with you. We have contracts, which is all bullshit contracts. Who deals with them any kind of way? Got the hate, you know, far business to be hurt in any kind of way if you're not able to, you know, accommodate me in some time.
Speaker 7: And they just fucking freak out. And then all of a sudden, the manager comes on and I do it for jokes. I don't even stay till four pm. I just want to see how far I can take it. But four, five pm, six pm is pretty standard. One time, before I was touring in India, I was in Egypt doing a show. He called me and this is just one FaceTime like drop. He called me on FaceTime and I got him a four pm checkout at this crazy like five star hotel.
Speaker 1: FaceTime through I was like talking, I have the accent see you on FaceTime because on the phone you don't look British, you know, No, it's not you know, I don't know if you've been to England.
Speaker 7: Nobody looks British anymore British.
Speaker 1: You look like from Miami anyway, exactly exactly National dishes Curry.
Speaker 7: And I think the most popular boy's name is Mohammad, or the second most popular something like that is Mohamed.
Speaker 2: I've been at a hotel with him and uh like, there'll be our person working at the hotel and like some regular lady will be like next and he'll be like, no, wait our person, Oh yes, forget it, we get breakfast.
Speaker 7: Yes. No, I don't speak for no, no, no. I speak Arabic and Spanish. I'm conversational in Spanish, all right, No, you speak Spanish like too. It's just what I grew up around, and I think it's just one of the funniest accidents, like so much pain.
Speaker 1: Come on, bro, what you mom? Bro? I finished the word like we're lated, bro. You It's fucking great. Bro.
Speaker 7: I have so much like love for Latinos. Bro, I just feel like such a kinship to them in some kind of way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's dope, and.
Speaker 6: They always mistaken you for a Latino. We've been heck a lot of times.
Speaker 1: I was hector a lot of times. And to the black people.
Speaker 7: Hose to the black black folks one hundred percent, Bro, I mean black folks. When I was growing up, people were like, well, you know they it was like a big thing. I didn't realize. I ain't know anything about gang culture at all when I first got to the States, and I didn't you know, I was always in these situations where that was like the Mexicans didn't understand where it was.
Speaker 1: They were like confused by me and black folks. In their gangs.
Speaker 7: There was very like segregated gangs, right, So the black gangs would be like, what you're doing here, what you're doing in this neighborhood say? And I'd be like, no, man, my name is Mohammed. They'd be like, oh ship, I'm like Mexicans me mad at me because I'm not with them, Like, oh, you think you do good for us, Bro, Like you change us, you change Oh yeah, I'd like, Bro, my name is Mohammed. They're like, well, bro, you look like my cousin head.
Speaker 1: So weird. Bro, it's so weird. But I do feel like.
Speaker 7: I was like driving down the street and I look up and I see that, you know, the immigrant blanket is furry that has the animals on them, the tigers on them.
Speaker 1: And ship, you know anything about exactly up, I saw one with two Mexicans on horses and the Mexican flag on it. I just pulled over. I had to buy that ship. I don't know why.
Speaker 7: I took a picture of it and I sent it to my friend Ralph Barbosa and he text me back. He was like, that's us, bro, And I was like, I said, his mind. I just bought that ship. I just have it at the house.
Speaker 1: But I don't know what the comedian yeah, yeah, yeah under comedian Ralph you you you you.
Speaker 6: FaceTime me with him and brat christ Oh yeah yeah. So now I'm gonna ask you, sife right, because to us is outside of looking looking in, it looks like the comedian. For years, it looked like the comedian world was the tightest net of people. I went to numerous shows, enjoyed myself. In fact, in fact, we're jealous of them. At one point, I'm like, no one's fighting, everyone gets their back end. Until recently, I want to say, and I'm not blaming this on this individual, but I want to say, since this dude had did this interview, it seemed like the comedian world slipped upside down and like people is Kat Williams.
Speaker 1: And more people are beefing too, like Mark Maren and I've been hearing prior to that, but once Kat did Club Shah, I felt like the comedian world became hip hop y'all beefing with each other.
Speaker 2: It was always hip hop.
Speaker 1: See that's the part we didn't know, right.
Speaker 2: Me being uh to be able to play both sides. It's always been hip hop, but it was always quiet. It was always on the low. The Cat Williamson definitely blew it up. And also social media and yeah, everybody just getting on a podcast talking for hours, you start slipping out with some beef or somebody that. But there was always like like.
Speaker 6: Joke stealers or that's not to play with joke stealing no, no, no.
Speaker 2: The worst thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there was always be from what I noticed, but to me, like especially like there's like different comedy worlds. There's like the urban comedy world. Then there's like the mainstream comedy world, which definitely means black and white. Right. Uh, the urban comedy world always had drama, but it was always quiet because.
Speaker 1: Scott loves in the urban comedy world. Tracy Morgan.
Speaker 2: Tracy Morgan, Uh, Tracy Morgan can't go into urban. But he's more mainstream.
Speaker 1: Like we're saying mainstream. We saying he's saying crossover. There's crossovers also, Yeah, let's say cross over mainstream mainstream course.
Speaker 2: But like the people that I learned under when I came up, yeah smoking from hoptown. Yeah urban Okay, Yeah, like I caick up under back in the day when I first started trying to learn stand up talent Compone, Smoky Mark Vieira all that. That's like the urban world. And then but the day about the urban world, they paid better, Like when I was doing them shows when I first started coming up, they would pay me too, three.
Speaker 1: Four hundreds, right Jesus that no certain wages.
Speaker 2: Were cleaning up some money or whatever. Then I went into the mainstream world, which is the white world and the comedy Celler Comedy Seller twenty five, thirty fifty ups. So a lot of the urban guys go, I ain't going over there because you don't make money.
Speaker 1: Amy Swimmers coming on after you, Sarah Silverman, you know what I mean about comedians manah, yeah, that's the cross over.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I see them beef, like at the Comedy Seller, I see two comedians beefing, and and somehow I get mixed in. I said, Bro. I said, listen, Bro, I've been in shootouts. I can't do this little Oh you stole my chicken wing like little you got, I said. I try not to laugh because they're obviously going through something. But I played at the Tunnel.
Speaker 1: Bro triggered, as mentioned in Tunnel that's not going on, said listen, listen, what are we doing where we're going? This was a club that other platinum artists from other places and other drummers.
Speaker 6: I don't want to say everybody, but I want to say a couple of them.
Speaker 1: But they would call me and be like, can you walk me in?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Bro, that's how it was like.
Speaker 6: They would ask me to walk them in the club, like and then the bathroom was it was you the sex so it was it was that's crazy. I remember I went to the Tunnel one time, and I had overalls on and this is this is the deeper time at the time, and my whole connected was people.
Speaker 1: And uh fuck my ship and my people just fell right into.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 9: I'm The thing was, how did you know.
Speaker 2: Many people you see in this studio right now? Roughly? Roughly how many right now? Rough about twenty people? Imagine Norrid in the nightclubs back in the day. Oh my god, eighty my god?
Speaker 1: Are you serious? How do you have fun? We had fun? We had fun, absolutely had fun. How do you remember everybody's names? Number seven? Yeah, I'll come seven and I went to bob Lub.
Speaker 6: So now let's let's a scrap Houston, right, Yeah, because not only you come from a very new place, Houston, but you come from this time.
Speaker 1: Right Like. I love the fact that she was living in real time right.
Speaker 6: On the episode on a series. Even the fact that you was selling fake Rolex. Now, was that a real thing, that you were selling fake roller?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I would, I would.
Speaker 7: I would sell stuff when I was a teenager. I was much younger than then. It was right after my father died. Sorry. Yeah, I had all of them, bro, all of them. So what I did was I used to work in this convenience store. So after my father died, his friend gave me a job at his convenience store. And there was a guy there wearing a really nice watch. I'm like, oh, that's really cool because it's fake. I was like, looks great. He goes you want to try to sell them? I can get him for I was like sure, So that's what I did, and then he got me sunglasses and everything else. And what I would do is I would look outside the window and honestly, I'd be real. It was drug deals, mostly in the neighborhood, and I knew who I was going to sell to you, and I would put on like besides the sunglasses, and I would just wait and he'd walk in and be like, oh shit, the hoses fire. The last one he did it, and I'd do my whole sales fish and they take it, and then the next guy walking up for another like, oh, it's it, so last one, and I would sell them.
Speaker 1: At the end of the week. They'd be so mad because everybody's wearing the same shit, and they.
Speaker 7: Would come through that the last one for fucking lit. I was like at the time, it was, but for real, for real, I have one Movado just two tone, and I would sell that.
Speaker 1: But did they buy it knowing it was fake? Yeah? Of course, of course, of course.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't be like, who the hell's buying a Rolex for seventy five dollars?
Speaker 1: Yeah, very true.
Speaker 7: If they thought that, I would just be like, come on, what are you talking about, bro? Like, you don't give me that Watchmack. I probably could sell it for one hundred and twenty five.
Speaker 6: But me and you we got together in Orlando, Yeah, and me and you had like a conversation for hours about watching.
Speaker 1: So was that how you developed your love for watches?
Speaker 6: Was actually dealing with the replicas?
Speaker 7: No, actually it was. It's a really good story. Man, my father everything is like tied in a lot of things are tied into my father and my history. So when the war happened, I was always told my father had this really nice Rolex and it was lost in the war, and it was always my like, it was always, man, I need to get that watch back for my dad.
Speaker 1: It was that kind of thing.
Speaker 7: And then it became about time and how obsessed I am with time. It's the most valuable commodity and the mechanism and how it works, and how refined each time pieces from the other. So it just became this like rabbit hole and then I just like got into it.
Speaker 1: Big time and.
Speaker 7: I got the watch back. It was like a really that same wash, Yeah it was. It was It was a date just that my father had stainless steel. It was beautiful and I wanted to get that back. And it was interestingly because I bought it in Bahrain Airport uh in twenty eighteen after my first special and it was the same airport that I was stuck at the airport for in two thousand and six for seventeen hours becau they wouldn't let me in because I didn't have a passport. So it was that same airport twelve years later that I saw just sitting there and I was like, I don't care, and it.
Speaker 1: Was a piece.
Speaker 7: No, I wasn't an interesting in yeah yeah, So but I basically I felt like I got that watch back from my father. And then it became more about time of understanding time or being obsessed with time, and then the mechanism itself and how it works and how each one differs from the other and how they're engineered and put together, and I just think it's so fascinating and how small, little and you know pieces that go into the watch to be so specific about time, and you know, I just find it to be so fascinating.
Speaker 1: And you're looking at me like, no, I just like it.
Speaker 2: I look.
Speaker 6: Because yeah, it's different ways how people getting guid into watches, Like, yeah.
Speaker 1: It was my father. It was my father knowing that he lost something.
Speaker 7: It was like my father came from nothing, you know, it was like a rags to riches and then rags again after the war, lost everything. And so for me, it was always a big motivation to be like, I'm going to get this back for him, you know, even though he's no longer with us, I just wanted to get it back with him, put it back in the family. It's very symbolic and that's why I got into it. And I also like, you know, you know, I don't like super fancy, super you know out there watches. I do like them, you know, stripped down and I like the Stanley Steel watches more than anything else.
Speaker 6: I think we'll come back to that because you also affected my life. The other day, I'm working around the grocery store.
Speaker 1: Child. Yeah, chocolate Hummers is fucked up, man, I think it was pineapple hummed pine How the funk do you say? Are you joking? No, I'm I don't think that exists. Is that really that? Seriously? But it was? It was a chocolate humas exists. I saw it.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: First of all, I never literally means chick peas. Hummos is basically when they play with everything. They played. Well, I know from you that that's that's bro motherfucking offence. It's a criminal offense. I've not seen the specially the way he was selling it. I can't do this.
Speaker 7: Non tula already exists. I know that's hazel up, but that already exists. Like, stop trying to make some and I heard it's delicious, but I'm not going to try that, right, I'm never never heard story.
Speaker 1: Okay, describe a good place and play them, Oh my god, describe it every day.
Speaker 7: This guys get on tour and see straight. He's like he wakes up everybody just for reading today, having them almost masrilling one hundred percent. Look, chickpeas, you know to me, I mean, excuse me, humbost is five ingredients, Okay, it's four sometimes five. The simpler the better no oil, but relax some people and it turns it gray and weird.
Speaker 1: I don't really, I don't, I don't. No, no, it is.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: You drizzle it on top, drizzle.
Speaker 7: Follow it once you get a fucking droppers the thing perfect. If you have the right olive oil. It brings all the flavors out. Okay, it's very important, guys, listen around. I'm not walking about all right, all right, it's chick peas. Chick chickpeas. Very important. Obviously. You can't make humbost with a chickpea and salt. Okayiny tiny paste just testing me. See it's into a paste and uh in lemon juice, lots of lemon juice. So you put that all together and you get the perfect texture. It's gotta be smooth, not graining all that bullshit. No, no, no, no, you get it perfectly. Some people like to put garlic in it. Some people like to put cumen in it for the gas because you know, yeah, it's a little bit of human just to take the gas out.
Speaker 1: I'm not a fan of all this. Now, just deal with what are you talking about, broummoss right now? I don't know.
Speaker 7: It's very you got to get the right texture and put it in a bowl. You don't put it on a plate. Knows how to dip on a plate all it almost goes over the size. And shit, you need a bowl to help with the dipping situation.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 7: Now, you put the put the aulmost together and you save some of those chick peas to put them on top of the texture.
Speaker 1: Okay, very important.
Speaker 7: And then you get some fresh sweeze lemon juice and you put it around there, and I like to just pour a bunch of olive oil, like real thick, green, unfiltered, gorgeous olive boy, just pouring in there, and you get some nice steamy bread. You fold like when you rip off a piece, you gott to fold it like a little cone. So when you dip it through, the cone is very important because when you dip through, you got to get the multiple layers and texts. You get the humbos, all right, and then you get the actual chick chick pieces in there for the texture. And then you get some lemon juice and alive oil in there, and you have that joint and you get a perfect bite of hummos.
Speaker 1: Don't funk with me on that what's up.
Speaker 2: Life?
Speaker 1: I do like some really some dicele opinions on it. That's the one I O.
Speaker 6: This a big controversy going on in the Caribbean and in Africa.
Speaker 1: Right rice, they say Gelafa rice?
Speaker 6: Who has the best Nigeria, Caribbean Caribbean got who's the best rice?
Speaker 1: Dominican Republic, Colombia.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, Hey, no, yeah, okay, thought Jolo Rice was Nigerian.
Speaker 1: That's that's that their.
Speaker 6: Part and then uh didn't have the Caribbean rice. Now what I'm asking you is I want to where the bad people come from get to that. Who is the best people to make hummus? I would say, because Greek people make hummers.
Speaker 1: Stop, We'll cut this podcast. Greek people make almost you talking about Yeah, British people make Nigerian food. We are talking about the Chinese food made my Mexican talking about well, make the best humbles.
Speaker 7: Look, I would say people come from the sham region, Shammi region, which is up Palestinians, Lebanese people, Syrians, not Jordans. Jordan's yes, Jordans, Palestine, uh, Lebanese and Syrians. They make the best homeless period in the conversation. Stop that's where stop. Yes, okay to me that that everybody's gonna argue it is actually Egyptian to the stop. I did hear the Egyptian. Stop stop stop, everything is fucking Egyptian. And also the Aliens made the pyramids. Just stop start stop, you do look at it. But I didn't want to go. We just went to Egypt. He's like, you.
Speaker 1: Want to just see it. You have to see.
Speaker 2: The funny thing about I told this guy for the whole year, all of September, we was in Europe, and then I told we was in the Middle East. So I'm in the Middle East. Everybody speaking arabict to me because they think I'm a Gyptian.
Speaker 1: I forgot you do look at you do like this.
Speaker 2: We went to an Egyptian restaurant. The guy was talking to me asking me to translate for him.
Speaker 1: I said no.
Speaker 2: The other guy he was he's the Egyptian.
Speaker 1: But to me starts speaking every what's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: But they really serious about their like the hummers and the different regions and the food. And then we went to Egypt. Bro, Egypt is the pyramids is in the hood? Yeah, you know, bro, when you see the pictures of the Pyramids. You see the sand, you see the sunset. The pyramids is like, oh ancient gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Bro. If you look to the right, it's pretty gorgeous. It's the hood. They thought you like to try to like to get you to buy things.
Speaker 2: Bro'stion, but they definitely haven't.
Speaker 7: They don't get on the camel. Then the camel will. They'll lead you to a spot. You by these oils like fuck, and he's serving you all this stuff. So now you feel guilty into it, like I'll stop bringing food, bro, stop littering the Jamaica.
Speaker 2: They need you to stuff is It's just fun, Bro, were driving in Egypt. I'm looking over me and my boy Jay. That's that's moldt camera. Guy I'm looking at. I said, Bro, I know where I'm at. This is the hood. There's the people, this doll vans what we called on the side of the highways. There's people crossing the highway on foot like this guy's crazy. Oh, this guy's crazy. This mother with three kids is crazy. They just crossed the highway and you look over and you see all the like laundry like on on a line.
Speaker 6: I say, yo, the up there.
Speaker 2: The parents supposed to be like an hour away right there, right there, Master, you go to.
Speaker 1: Queens Bridge the pyramids is right.
Speaker 2: Well, it's crazy, it's really the good.
Speaker 1: It felt real normal to me. But for him it was the first time. So he was like he was looking for scrolls and ship. That's fake.
Speaker 7: He's all digging in the sand. Maybe I find that the street getting the car.
Speaker 2: Street went on the restaurant. It was like neighborhood, local job. But it's like famous. I said, well done. I need everything well done, well done. He's like, yeah, I said to say well done out of it. I need this guy to know it's got to be well done.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 7: Thing bro as don't do medium. We don't do that ship anyway, you know, we don't do all that. You know, mixed grill. You're not gonna get something. It was pink, individial. It's seasoned like crazy. It is grilled and it's gonna be well done.
Speaker 1: On another question for you, I'm sorry, there's some fool ship.
Speaker 7: No, go ahead, cherry rice, cherry rice you ever, No, I haven't had cherry rice. But let me tell you something about fruit inside of rice. Stop doing that ship. Okay, there's nothing worse than finding cherry raisins in your rice, Like that same amount raisins and rice is fucking absurd, bro stop it. We were just a Morocco and I love Morocco. Moroccans are amazing, incredible, But we had one tajen. It was like the lamb was coated in raisins. I'm like, what am I eating right now? What am I eating right now? What's happening?
Speaker 1: And who made this decision to put an insane about raisins on top of the lamb? Just ruined the lam Yeah? Okay, but thank god we recovered. Well, we find a great spot.
Speaker 2: It's cherry race from Yeah.
Speaker 1: Please, who speaks farsie purjecse that make cherry race and cherry race? Somebody check this.
Speaker 7: I've never had I've never I know a lot of Ali's my son, that's what you know they make. They don't make cherry rice. I gotta look this up.
Speaker 1: If somebody's got check this situation. Yeah, you might want to add that there's no motherfucking cherry race, you know with this rices visus. And that's another thing you said, you say. Another thing I really don't like is that this thing has been happening in the air world is that they garnished everything with pomegranate. Like, stop doing that too, bro, nobody wants to have this with poma.
Speaker 7: Like stop all this rising. All of sudden you get a pop pomegranate. It's nothing cool. Yeah, it looks good, but it doesn't taste well. It doesn't taste well.
Speaker 1: All right. So the other thing I heard you say is.
Speaker 6: Another thing that heard you say is you said that everybody's eating ass, but nobody's watching the ass.
Speaker 1: How do you know that? What you.
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this amber forgot Hey man, this in case you know that's the name of a cologne, is it? Yeah? In my mind, got.
Speaker 5: Cool camera old boys question just come out, so spraying moai and you gotta have like girls like with with the with the with their thing on and as soon as they spray them, it comes off.
Speaker 1: That's what this man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I have a big problem with the fact that there's no bidets in America, Like, butdets are not the standard of America. Like it's crazy to me that just cleaning, just just wiping your ass after going to the bathroom is sufficient enough.
Speaker 1: It's just absolute insanity. Like if you got ship on your shoe.
Speaker 7: You would run immediately and wash it off, but on your person, you're like, oop, that's good enough. It is crazy to me. My cousin was visiting seas and I was picking him up. He wanted this day and this is a real nice hotel Houston. So I picked him up and he had this really pissed off looking on his face. I was like, what's wrong?
Speaker 10: He goes no bday five start, no bday. Time I go to the bus from I have to take a shower, I'm taking five shower.
Speaker 1: I was like, shot, how many ships are you taking? He was like five star? Fuck you one star. And that's how I judge hotels if they have a bid day or not, if you don't have a biddat just rolling my whole stead. It's crazy to me that there's no like that's not like the normal practice.
Speaker 2: The cheap hotels. When we was in the mills hab it.
Speaker 1: Everybody has it.
Speaker 6: But how about the digital toilets where they like they wipe you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no they don't wipe you. But I don't know what toiles you you you gottle Japanese arm coming up, cre toilet. I've been bragging about. It's a Japanese toilet fire.
Speaker 7: Yeah, is fires like Japan went to the Middle East and we can make this so much a bit of creates a robot to create yourhold.
Speaker 1: I'm not really a fan of those.
Speaker 7: I like the the handheld and you know where you're spraying at once. This might be dem my, butfuck it. But whenever you turn these things on, you got like you know, you got wign Just make sure you get the area. I'm not really fond of that. You're sitting there like, I'm gonna tell you how it happened to me. Pause, I got dunked it.
Speaker 2: You gotta.
Speaker 1: The Hall of Fame. I was in there rolling up.
Speaker 6: You know, because I don't I don't smoke actually in the hotel, but I would roll up in the hotel. So I'm in there rolling up. I dropped the bag. I go like this and I hit the joint. I never used it. I just used to heated toilets. I like that, and I like the floor getting heated. I like it.
Speaker 1: But then I hit the dawn and the joint. I was like gig against.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the worst feller for me. The first time I did that, I didn't know there was a stop button. So I was sitting there like, how old is this good? I was like, you gotta push stole.
Speaker 1: An idiot. I thought they learned how we know.
Speaker 7: How long it takes to clean as tim Yeah, you know nothing like that whatsoever, But that is how I judge things for sure. If the hotel does not have a day, I'm like, this is the fucking worst.
Speaker 6: It was my whole day. I got a bedet in my crib good. I'm not sure if I've ever used it.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? Did you know that you're about to see the crack of your ass? Right? The friend ship? What do you mean watership?
Speaker 7: You mean the separate yes, okay, so the separate one. I'm not really a fan of that either. Okay, you gotta get up.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 7: You talking about that and I'm talking about little hand and it's like a little handheld spread.
Speaker 11: I never bathroom had.
Speaker 1: Shower, yea, but sash shower. You got a ash shower, you know what I'm saying. So I was in the middle of yeah, I'll you're looking crazy at this guy.
Speaker 5: I know, yeah, I'm byself.
Speaker 6: I'm saying, like, you know how many places was drinking from store and did not know that that that's what that's what you Yeah, I know that's exactly right, but you gotta be careful of that.
Speaker 7: And the middle used to be hot at fun outside and if you push the wrong one I had it, were scolded my asshof pushed the high one was.
Speaker 1: Fun. It was not fun.
Speaker 7: But I do remember that because I always remember traumatic memories and that was a very traumatic movement for me.
Speaker 1: And this segment was sponsored by but to be I really needed to be. I'm so down. I would be a sponsor for the days all day we get for that, man. Yeah, now we're talking about a completely different day from washing as. This is very different.
Speaker 12: You got.
Speaker 1: No got the way quick time? We got that on how you doing or the slow time?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I always look terrible on podcast.
Speaker 6: No no, no no, But we just want you to know more what you have done for comedy.
Speaker 1: Episode comedy, what you have done.
Speaker 6: You know, you know, for the days, for the days, the real issues and you know making it, you know what I mean, making us all laugh throughout this time because you know, the world is a better place man when you're out there. So we want to give you face to face man, Snoop Dogg said, it's better than the Grammy because it comes from the people.
Speaker 1: That's one hundred pep. You know, That's how I feel.
Speaker 7: That's a I got to be honest with you, This is one hundred percent how I feel, you know, because I did feel like you know, the show I put my heart and souling in season two specifically and first season two of course, but like season two with all the stakes that were on it, and just like you know, you always want you should to be recognized, and you think it's crazy for it not to be and to win so many awards the first un still got plenty of time for the second season, but you know, seeing the crowds and seeing the people, but it's been the best prize that you could ever win, the hearts of the people, and it's just like I can't even describe it.
Speaker 1: I mean sight for seeing it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I tell you, I'll say something, but I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: Something.
Speaker 6: For years, right, you know it, like twenty five years. I had a great I have a great fan base. Right, people will come up to me and people were like they think they know me, right, you know, they grew with you so long they kind of kind of do.
Speaker 1: At least I didn't know the professional version that you presented.
Speaker 6: You said, yeah, and there was a data that I was with you gonna land though, And I was like, Yo, this is probably the first time I've ever done this, Like I was acting like I knew you my whole life because I watched you stuff so much and I identify with you so much. But here's a question that I want to ask, right when I see you act, But I see you act, it's a certain passion that comes with that. But when I see you on stage, it's a certain security and a certain type of like uhh, like self provis a certain type of like the longness, like like you're so comfortable on stage. Am I wrong for saying that you like the stage more than you like acting acting?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I definitely enjoy the live performance of it all very much. I'd like the unpredictability of it, how spontaneous it can be at times. I definitely, I definitely appreciate that very very much. In the same vein like it's not necessarily just the acting is creating something from scratch and writing. I do love leading a team and directing and having all these different artists around you. And I really love, like molding a story together and putting it together and telling that story. So I think I'm really really great at it. So I really enjoy being in that bag a lot. Stand up to me is like always home base. It's always going home. I'm always gonna always want that, always need that I can't. Like, I really feel like it's what's gotten me through a lot of these hard times in my life is stand up. And so acting itself is tapping into something that I've never done before, which is so interesting, Like the emotionality on camera. That shit is crazy to me, Like like the first time I broke down on camera where I was recreating a particular scene of my life and being that vulnerable is also something really really fulfilling in that and ties some really great nots that were in my heart, you know, Like, so I'm very grateful for that.
Speaker 1: So they're very different. They're very different.
Speaker 7: But I love filmmaking. I love making television. I love making movies as well, So it's just a it's a different extended arm of you know what I feel like I can do well, you know.
Speaker 1: So it's just like comedians make some of the best dramatic actors. Sometimes sometimes I didn't even know. Honestly, you don't know you could do it until you do it. It's one of those things like you're in there.
Speaker 7: And the first time I broke down when I was of my favorite scenes and when I'm in the confessional in season one and uh and it was the priest was played by Bumbe, shout out Bumbe, and I didn't realize I was gonna break down. I was gonna go more in a comedic route, and of course there was, you know, some emotion tapped into it. But when it really all hit me all at once, and I really started thinking about my father and what he's done and what he went through. And I never really I realized very quickly that I never sat there and thought about it, you know what I mean, Like you you like that not just passing away, it's the just really visualizing what he must have gone through in those moments and and just kind of tracking that while you're saying the words. And then I started seeing him like vulnerable and struggling and having to start over again and losing everything, like and it just fucking hit me, man, It just hit me, like it just like it's one of my favorite things. And I put the I put a track right after that. It's very very near to my heart. Man, I just absolutely loved it. It's uh, lost in the jungle with us? What is it with man, I'm losing it right now. I'm stinking with my father. Uh Jay Electronica. It was on the song he had a song. It was j Electronica from from a track he did with uh with Uh, my god, I hate that. I I'm up terrible at these things, but I want to.
Speaker 1: I want to actually thank you so much. I was hoping you. It seemed like that a one taker. If you get that emotional joint, joint, your own joint, you do whatever you want. This is fine, okay, let's go, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 7: I took a couple of puffs and I remember, it's how great. Uh the track is how great? And the and the verses from Jay Electronica, and it's like lost in the jungle. Uh no, no mer cat, no on the tide of my day. But to night I fight my tears back.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: It's just that track by thinking about his father and being lost there without anybody, and it just was one of my favorite cuts that put in the show. Actually, but yeah, So was it a one taker that one the one I used, Yeah, it was a one taper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was so it was like, remember it's been so long, right, but that one that the the clip that I use, I know is that is that is one from the first like very honest, unfiltered, and people were like, man, great acting. I was like, that was right now.
Speaker 6: So let me ask you all question because every time a comedian comes to town, the usually hit us. Well, well we shout to them and then we'll go see where they show is at. We looking and y'all don't have shows. Yeah, we came here to visit you. We did a show that.
Speaker 1: I finished the tour.
Speaker 7: We just finished the tour both side, and I went on the road everywhere, like it was so fun. We did so many shows in the States, and we got to Australia. We're sitting down to dinner and Sipe goes, you know, this is the first time we've had dinner in four months touring.
Speaker 2: I was like, fuck, I'm strolling with him off and on what seven eight years? I've known him for at least ten years. Always great shows, always great fans. We did a lot of weekends and comedy clubs. We did one nighters the last two years. This guy blew up to a superstar. He's famous everywhere. Everywhere he got a day brings with him. But like now he's like famous, Like it's weird because he's just my friend mal ammer, you know what I mean, Like he blessed me, like let me open up when I don't even think my voice is bringing him up special And now he's like a superstar where like people are fighting to get to the stage after a show to take pictures with him and coming out like rushing the tour bus and stuff.
Speaker 1: It's fucking crazy. God damn nose for that.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Let's let's make the noise for more security.
Speaker 6: And this is going to be a stock question, but this is gonna be it's gonna be a ill question right me throughout the times.
Speaker 1: You know, I've been doing this twenty five years.
Speaker 6: Right, so I can go to my show, like I go downstairs, like I look at the crowd and I can know that I'm tonight, I'm a perfoman running the sky.
Speaker 1: Record, I'm aform with my dad Yankee record.
Speaker 6: Just wh I'm looking at the crowd like I say, yo, listen, this is a more of a Latino based show. So I go to my DJ and I'm like every other record, let's scratch to a reggae throne record.
Speaker 1: But then I also go to a crowd and I can be like worry for all night. Okay, this is component over cuts, bloody money.
Speaker 4: Like that.
Speaker 1: But then I got another crowd where I gotta on a dresser, home boy, I can't party, but I could kind of assess that from just looking at the crowd.
Speaker 6: Sometimes I'm wrong, at least ninety five percent of the times I'm right, and the other times which rockets writing my DJ big and month. Is that something that you have to do because you have a diverse audience. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You go out there seem like all sit my pal seating niggas in the building. Yeah, yeah, I mean sorry, I don't know if you say that. All my friends say all the time, I'm playing friends. That's all they said coming in the building.
Speaker 7: But I mean, yeah, I mean site first of all, is like one of one. Let me tell you something like PRAI to go from music into stand up and then what he's done to blend things on stage.
Speaker 1: I've never seen before like Jenuely. That's why I was like, Bro, I'm Torri up in the Middle East. You have to come.
Speaker 7: And the growth that I've had in the last two years has been so significant. I need this like element in the show to just and I want you to work and do your things. I genuinely like love Sife, but seeing him, seeing him, see him do his thing on stage, I'm like, Bro, he's fucking one on one and he does this like mixture of songs and cultures and everything on stage to really identify what the demographics in the room are. So one day it would be like ninety Arabs right from all walks of life, and the next day it's just like in Spinning Europe, it's like all white people or or you know, South Asia or Southeast Asia. Like Bro, it's just like changes from one day to the other. Now stand up in particular, I don't have like, yo, I'm gonna take out this track. Is I'm gonna take out this track for that. It's not really like that. But what you can do is is, oh, I have this joke here that ties into this and they'd love this a lot, So I'm gonna play into that more. But I've always written very universal and so it can go up anywhere. Like if I'm doing a corporate and I gotta put on the suit and stuff, I can be squeaky clean, like my mentor always said, like you could always be dirty, learn how to be clean. If you could be clean, you can work anywhere. And that's the and be very universal. So the stories are transcend everywhere. Now there's certain places you're like, I thought I was going to hit more here than it hit there more. You know, like you'll have that like postgame analysis after the show. But that's it because we had Dion Cole here right. That's in theaters, though, let me clarify, in theaters it's like that. You know, in the clubs, you might not do it set at all. Like it's very different. Like people come out to the more internet, they want to see the show. They got to give them a show. It's a very different practice. So once you go into the clubs, people expect you to mess around, people who expect you to be spontaneous. People expect you to, you know, switch it up a bit depending on where you know, what the what the arrangement is that night, and who's there.
Speaker 1: So it shifts.
Speaker 7: It's different places, right, and even if you go to smaller rooms open mics, it's different too. It requires a different skill set. So yeah, so it varies, but yes, I guess we do do it so.
Speaker 6: Because we had just had Deon Cole here the other days. Yeah, but he said that he went to LA one night and he's about to perform and he had he had a joke, but it was a gay joke and there's a bunch.
Speaker 1: Of gay people there. Okay, so he didn't do the joke.
Speaker 6: Right, And it made me interested because has that ever happened to you guys?
Speaker 1: Like where you like, you know, maybe you got.
Speaker 6: A a Puerto Rican joke and there's too many Puerto Ricans in the Proud with navs. It just doesn't seem proper. And do you do you take it away from that? Do you fall into that? I mean it sounds like you.
Speaker 7: I like, if I'm writing a joke about it, it's not offensives where I can do it, you know, I think it'll be fine. It's all it's all in the delivery. It's always in the delivery and how you put it together. But I don't ever look at the crowd like Oh, they're gonna hate this joke. I'm like, oh, let's see what happens. It's more like, let's see what happens. But I think it's going to be fine. And I've had situations where I'm like, oh, I'm, you know, tell a joke about house in a wheelchair in the eighth grade and I look over and I see like three, he's looking at me like.
Speaker 1: Like coming down.
Speaker 2: Really no.
Speaker 7: But you're also projecting, you know, you start being feeling self conscious and you're like, oh shit, maybe he doesn't want me to talk about Maybe he does. Maybe he's happy I'm talking about this all like silly inner dialogue. In the end, you do, you do what you've written, and you do the best that you can, and standing up, you're always fixing it.
Speaker 1: You're always working it out.
Speaker 6: I remember speaking to you. You gave me this amazing story. I don't know if I'm allowed to use this, but I'm gonna bring it up. And if we got to scratch and scratched, but remember I asked you I be this this first time he met me, he was in Orlando.
Speaker 1: We're just sitting there kicking it, and I asked, because you have a bomb and he was like, oh this this one time, I believe it was a handicap kid. Oh my god, you have us crying. It was the worst, most traumatic. So this is in my life.
Speaker 7: Okay, explain to all right, Misland. I mean, this is exactly what happens. I don't come out from me. That's exactly what happened.
Speaker 2: So the college, yeah, yeah, so, oh my god.
Speaker 7: So there's like a whole college circuit within the stand up. There's two I'm sure for musicians, all right, of course, So you go to these conferences. You do the conference, and all these colleges book you for stuff. You're dope, they book you. So I go do a regional one upper in the Northeast, and all Penn State schools book me literally every sing there's twenty seven schools I booked, all twenty seven. Twenty three of them are happening to be Penn State schools. So there's like noon shows and there's night shows. So you book two a day, so you might drive four hours get to that campus. It's a commuter campus. So they have a noon show. You're literally performing in a fucking cafeteria. People are getting their food. They don't even know comedies happening.
Speaker 1: Nothing. You just show up, You win them over, You do your shit, You go to the next show.
Speaker 7: Usually the late shows that night is inside of a theater. Inside the it's a bigger campus do a show anyway. So I go do this commuter campus Fenn State noon show. It's the biggest cafeteria I've seen. I was like, Oh, there's a lot of people. It's gonna be a dope show. I know how to get them. I know how to do this thing. I'm gonna have fun. I was like, oh cool, because you got people. Fucking great. The guy who's introducing me is horrible. Now the stage just remote comedian like literally talking like this low speaker, mumbling. He's like, come to the stage. He's trying to read my names, Amber, Amber and Amber. I was like Amber, I was like what am He was like. I was like, I had to walk on stage. I was like, yo, thank you.
Speaker 2: You know, I got it.
Speaker 7: I started doing my thing, rallying everybody, letting them know it's a comedy show. I got jokes, it's gonna be fired this and that. Five minutes in, I got them. You know, now we're now they know the cadence you know it's supposed to happen this and that.
Speaker 1: Now, a class of uh, I don't even know, social needs scial need kids walk in a whole class, whole class, like you know, it's like ten of them or something like that. I look over.
Speaker 7: I was like, Oh, it's interesting timing, you know, like it's gonna be that. It's just nice, it's gonna be cool. They're coming in and everybody's like looking over. One of the kids sits down in the middle of my joke in the whole cafeteria while everybody's in his like five hundred students there, okay, and they're all like eighteen nineteen years old Max. All of a sudden, he sits down while I'm talking.
Speaker 1: He goes like, what's going on? I say, who invited this guy?
Speaker 7: You know, just thinking, I know, you can't miss it as a whole class, you can't miss out. But I started saying, I was like, oh, who invited this guy? Doesn't get a laugh. I was like, Oh, this is gonna be a situation. Everybody's too immature.
Speaker 1: To deal with it, right, so they're not gonna be able to react it or not.
Speaker 7: This is funny and not funny. This and that this goes on for forty five minutes. Hey, well, every time I'm talking, he goes boo. I'm dying for forty five fucking straight minutes on this little as stage in the middle of Noway in Pennsylvania, in a fucking lunch room, while everybody's awkwardly eating their chicken strips and fresh fries, while I'm getting heckled by a special.
Speaker 1: Needs kids for forty five minutes straight.
Speaker 7: I'm assuming it's at least forty five because I did fifty two minutes that night, and I know I did that day, and I know it was fifty two minutes because my agent, my college as called me and said, you only did fifty two minutes. You contrying to do sixty. I was like, if I had a.
Speaker 1: Problem with time, I've never had a problem time. You know what the fuck happened?
Speaker 7: I just died a miserable death for forty five plus minutes of just this guy.
Speaker 1: Nobody was clapped, Nobody else was laughing, Nobody stopped it, nobody's laughing. I could hear them eating, they were liking. At first, hear people choose yeah, yeah, you know you have them. At first, I'm doing my thing fuck, I know how to do this ship. At that point, I've done like a sixty colleges maybe under my belt. You kidding this cakewalk.
Speaker 7: I just got to get the guy out of there, this mumbling start my ship and I got I'll, I'll get him, I'll get him, because it's just like some organizer of the schools introducing you don't perform nothing, and those kids don't even know comedy shows happening. There's like flyers up and nobody's paying attention. So I do it and I'm killing and then this kid walks in and starts booming. Now I've thought about this and I think this is what happened. I think this special needs kid knows that nobody takes him seriously, no one really like you know ever does, and so he's went there with the intention like I'm going to have fun, and his fun was I'm going to boom this.
Speaker 1: Standing up community and laugh at me bullying him.
Speaker 7: Because that he's gonna die a miserable death and that's going to entertain me. And I can get away with it because nobody takes me seriously. So you know what, Fuck all, y'all, I think that's what happened.
Speaker 1: Because he knew. I looked at him a couple of times, like, I know, you know what the fun you're doing? And I was it wasnt the funniest thing for the comedian to watch of another comedian is watching them bombs.
Speaker 7: Say it's so funny. Bro, just so I say stuff, but it's really really funny.
Speaker 1: That's just said. They said. That was worst those other comedians. He was glossed over one of the most traumatics in my life. He was like, that's what he said. I admitted a therapy after that. Bro. Was there anybody watching the other comedians? There? No, but it's like the whole city was. But what's this game like? And share him on? Like you go ahead get him?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 7: I was looking at the teacher like you're really not gonna do anything. But honestly, I'm glad they haven't attained him for that forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: It's god damn it, it's worth it. Let me tell you some I couldn't wait to get to that seven PM. I was driving like, oh, I can't wait another You're gonna get the best show in my life. But the best show in my life you want to record? It wasn't it wasn't the best show in my life. We're getting Sonny for a drinker. Oh yeah, come on, I'm sorry, No, but Sipe is basically Muslim now.
Speaker 2: Already I turned Muslim when I was in the Middle East.
Speaker 1: Muscle Why that's what I mean. Where's Sunny go?
Speaker 2: So Saddy's gonna drink?
Speaker 1: Drink? That's what you want to ask. That's why she has an you're independent, all right, We're about to play our drinking game.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: We're gonna give you two choices. One and we're not drinking. But if you say both are neither, we're drinking. Okay, you already listening to both? Neither both neither? They say it again.
Speaker 7: I wish I didn't smoke because now I'm like thinking about everything. I'm so introspective now.
Speaker 1: By Boris, Boris, ask me something of them blunts? Alright. The first one, Bore is like, you're behind bro, Bro, Why do I look at you? And I feel like I'm looking at myself?
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 1: It's shaking.
Speaker 2: I'm little man. Damn.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 13: I saw when I walked in. Yeah, I go almost here ready, And I said, what so too? I said, if people are gonna be mistaken for me. We got to get you dressed by we're gonna take you out.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go shopping.
Speaker 7: Bro, I want people to think we're gonna get you a joke at all, and just pretend he's like, no, you're unattractive, attractive r Look he found it Terry right, Erry right?
Speaker 1: Can you read it out? Read it out? Please? Iras okay, Rock, No, it's Iron, that's right, right. I think that to say, like, yeah, you're Rock, You wrong?
Speaker 2: Yea, yeah.
Speaker 1: Iran has the Kurds in the north, and so you're ready, and then you have what are we doing? The choice? Yeah? Tell me again? Yeah again. We're gonna give you two choices. You pick. If you pick one, yes, we don't drink, okay, but if you say both like you don't want to answer, you say both both are neither. But we really just want stories from anybody we're mentioning. Have you got any stories? Okay? Cool? All right? Richard Prior Eddie Murphy. Bro, It's like, yea, what we do, I'm gonna drink, but I'm gonna drink. I'll drink coffees are coffee shots Kevin Hart or Chris rock CODI Bro, I hate. This is much harder than I thought it was gonna. Be honest, I thought it was like every time I watched these clips, I'm like, man, just to fucking choose. I mean, reasons, Yeah, it could be any reason. It doesn't mean that one better.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna pick. I'm gonna pick Kevin. I'm gonna pick Kevin. But I do love Chris Rocks bigger than Black. I mean, I listen to out that CD like a thousand times, one of the best. But I like Kevin Hart because he's so spontaneous all the time.
Speaker 1: I really like that. Yeah, Marlon way storytelling is beautiful. Marlon Wayn's or Damon Wayne and oh oh my god. I love both of them, absolutely love both of them. I love Marlon, always been very nice to me. I love them death thing.
Speaker 7: He's fucking amazing movies that he's able to put off from credible.
Speaker 1: I gotta go with the O G Damon Williams, let me take this one.
Speaker 2: I mean, Marlin, even Marland would say.
Speaker 1: That's the best way to answer the person.
Speaker 2: YE say that, stand up?
Speaker 1: Come on, I would you don't play that? Also from a living color And like, be honest, I think that this is like Middle Eastern ship right here. They made they made it, not really though, you know how many these are not even why you know what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 6: That's the Colombian god and Dominican guy with they made this, all right, But I'm curious because one of them shouted me out, and one of.
Speaker 1: Them is my friend. Okay, he's I'm sorry, or Russell Peter, not like Eastern comedians for you ready, He's sorry, come on, Middle Indian. Yes, both very very different. Both again very very different.
Speaker 7: But I do have to give it to Russell because he was like the first guy and I think it was like two thousand and eight his clip went crazy viral and he was doing it globally where on a level that on a scale that I think very few people have even done today, like they're starting to do a lot more now than ever.
Speaker 1: But Russell was like when that ship popped, it was hot. It was like as far as stand up.
Speaker 7: Stand up is concerned, it was not to be fun with and it was really really dope to see because he spent so much time in stand up and he was like an outside Hollywood guy but inside out, like everybody knew him.
Speaker 1: But He really really took it to a whole nother level with that. So that's dope.
Speaker 6: You know what I love about Russell Peters. You know he didn't want to Russell shouted you out. No, No, he was like, I didn't know what the viewing Pharrell. And then he goes to Pharrell because I keep forgetting like I made classic records.
Speaker 1: He goes to He goes, how did Normy come up with that? He said, how did you want Normy come up with?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: What? What?
Speaker 4: If?
Speaker 6: Pharrell goes it was just Normy, He goes, I just imagine Normy going what And I'm like, ah, that was dopeople.
Speaker 1: But this is what I love.
Speaker 6: To me, there isn't a lot of all out comedians, lot of what.
Speaker 1: Comedians now. Thank you friend of mine who we just had on here. Uh we had Jack Thriller on here.
Speaker 6: One time he had Jack Thriller on the on the show and we start like like like talking, Jack starts getting like gangster. He falls out of being a comedian as opposed to me. I had Marlon Wayne's on here. Well a Wayne gets out.
Speaker 1: And he just looks at everybody and he connects with everybody. He just goes straight into being the comedian.
Speaker 6: When I'm connect with people are like, yeah, it's just never lose being a comedian. That's what I love about Russell Peters because every time I see him, he finds something funny in everything we do, whether it's a fucking lizard. And I just love peer comedians who stayed being a comedian. Oh god, damn day, Like you know what I'm saying, Like, Russell is a great guy.
Speaker 7: Bro, there's just very different, you know, people like as these I'm sorry, Like I think the most the thing they have the most in common is they.
Speaker 1: Both really love hip hop. Crazy for hip hop? Yeah, so much hip hop. Hip seems like more commercial hip hop.
Speaker 6: Like he's like like you see you see as got Travis Scott in his his playlist and Russell Peters has Big Daddy.
Speaker 1: Can't I think.
Speaker 2: Like hip hop?
Speaker 1: Russell is hip hop? Yeah? Straight up? The fair Did you just talk beef? Because I don't want if you're going on Twitter, I'm like, I'm not gonna lie. While we were talking, That's all I can think about this. I'm looking at me like you did you defend us? Why weren't you in the hard out here?
Speaker 10: Because it's not as easy it is. I can't believe I'll do this while drinking because y'all like.
Speaker 6: They cousins, right, like how Jamaicans and Haitians are with the Indians.
Speaker 1: Like it's not.
Speaker 2: I can't even.
Speaker 1: I can't even Jamaicans and Haitians not cousins, young cousins.
Speaker 7: But you've been wearing it. But yeah, I mean there's yeah this cover right you ask you. I don't really understand the questions. It was a very complicated thing. You don't know how I'm in the trade roots in India.
Speaker 1: The Middle East referring to yeah, which is a.
Speaker 3: No no.
Speaker 1: But I think that sharing that you only get why you like that when you asked me that sharing? What do you what are you talking about? Where? What show? Mom? Okay, this one is good? JB. Smooth or Face on Love JB Smooth JB. Smooth Man. Did you watch the last season of curby your enthusiastic yes. Did you realize that he is the new Kramer? I didn't really put it together like that if you if you notice, then yeah, for.
Speaker 6: Years Larry been saying that he sucked up the sign fel finale. So what they did with from he said that he feels like you up the finalite. You know, the world said that to him. He's always embraced it, like, yo, you're right.
Speaker 1: So if you look at the.
Speaker 6: Last episode, Kramer says, excuse me, JB.
Speaker 1: Smooth, who is Leon Black.
Speaker 6: He goes to Larry David and goes, I don't like Kramer because Kramer always jumping in and barging in and he's staying where he's not welcome.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what Black is doing at the time.
Speaker 6: And then they go they go and he goes, I'm gonna watch I'm gonna watch Seinfeld, he said, because I heard you fucked up the finale. And then he goes, I don't even want your opinion, you.
Speaker 1: Know me, And then they we make the whole ship over. And that's how like Larry Davis.
Speaker 6: To me, this is this is your and now I'm not blowing your home talking about you when when you're not around, I'd be like, Cipher hasn't the the Larry David comedy, Like like if you don't, if you don't, if you're not knowing it, like you miss over your head because it's smart comedy, you know what I'm saying, Like when you talked about people taking Brooklyn, you said you said the white people took Brooklyn, and I was like, damn, like if you actually know what he's talking about was horrible.
Speaker 1: I've only heard stories there. He said that you go off to the Brooklyn Bridge, they give you a greeting. Man, I don't think you want to hear around people. Yeah, an you you will hit a city bike before you hit but yeah, but so okay, we got that right.
Speaker 7: Dave Chappelle, Martin Lawrence, Dave Chappelle. I mean it's my brother. I have done thousands of shows with Dave.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. I appreciate you.
Speaker 6: You definitely smoke more cigarettes than Sunny D. I don't know if he smoked more cigarettes than Dave Chappelle.
Speaker 7: I don't smoke more cigarettes and Dave, Okay, Dave Shpell will wear me smoking cigarettes.
Speaker 1: I generally, I see you. You did some ship like this, what you usually like playing with it? Like okay, like that, I keep my drugs, vegan, bro, I keep my drugs being okay, okay, alright, cool, cool day.
Speaker 2: Bro't even whatever person you said, it would always be Dave Chappelle.
Speaker 7: I mean, like you know it is like like objectively not even less my brother and I love him very much, and like I've seen what he what he did. Like when he first started making his comeback and I started doing the shows with him, I was always surprised. And there's no like, Dave won't give you Lee time you want to come tomorrow, Yeah, she won't come to next thing. You know, it turns into thousands of shows. It's and I'm really just blown away by his presence, his ability to like move to writing, to how he thinks his process. It's really really a massive blessing in my life that I was able to see that in real time and he endured so much a long way to get there.
Speaker 1: It's just really so inspired for objectively just take you so ill, bro. So when I got to see.
Speaker 6: Comedians work, well, I'd love to see that because it's like rap, but it's not like raps. It is your own unique process. But he had a show head Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It was in the Hollywood Harrock Cafe. So I went all three days. First day awesome, tore it down, but you could tell like it was something bothering him. Right the next day to the same as act show, tore it down, got it tight. But then that third day, it was like it was like watching Superman, like because it was like.
Speaker 1: He he he learned on Friday when he when he should have did whatever. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know what he saw because I saw everything was being flawless. When he came to me, I quite threw the l yes man in.
Speaker 1: The world, like you like because I did, like I didn't see. I didn't see what he saw. But then the next day I saw him tighten the short more.
Speaker 6: On that Saturday, then on that Sunday, it was just like it was like I never saw Friday and Saturday, like I got to see him make it in real time.
Speaker 1: Like is that how you perfect your special student?
Speaker 6: You have to go out and like continue to perform and see what works and what doesn't work even though we got get it first.
Speaker 1: So you remind me of two things. Okay.
Speaker 7: Number one is Big Sean. I need to call him out right now. He was on your show and he mentioned how Dave hooked up his dad and he came out and his father.
Speaker 1: Can you remember this? Yes?
Speaker 7: Okay, well Big Sean, I am It's crazy. You just omit me from the whole entire situation. This is actually okay, it's actually a really special thing. Okay, I'm just fucking with Big Sean. He's a great, great dude. So I get tickets to Stevie Wonder tickets in Detroit. Okay, just random, random, What what happened?
Speaker 1: If you Wonder?
Speaker 2: Start? All right?
Speaker 1: No, take me.
Speaker 7: It's fucking is so insane, bro, this night was crazy. So I go do a show on Wednesday in Flint.
Speaker 1: Hilarious.
Speaker 7: I have off that yeah water definitely did not drink the water. I got it the hell out of there, unfortunately. But I go I saw my my my friend she for the Palace, and I had an off dawn Thursday. It happens to be Stevie Wonder in Detroit hometown situation. Got two tickets. I'm like so fired up, Like this is gonna be amazing. I was like, I gotta who's gonna go with me?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 7: So I hit up my friends that are from Detroit. Everybody's out of town. I was like, this is crazy, so annoying. So then I go, my boy's filming movies, great directors, and he's q he's directing a movie there, so I'm on his set and I go listen, bro, like, I got this extra ticket. What time you get out of here for Stevie Wonder?
Speaker 2: You want to go?
Speaker 7: I was like, oh, man, I'm directing all night, but I got tickets for my mom. It's her birthday and she's taking her best friend with her and her best friend's husband doesn't have a ticket. Would you mind him going with you? I was like, man, to go to Stevie Wonder with the older black man, are you kids?
Speaker 1: This is gonna be the best.
Speaker 7: That's exactly who I want to go with, right, somebody who's like, appreciates and loves it as much as you know, way more than I do. Probably it's his era. So I said, yes, absolutely, So meet him up, hook him up. All this we hang out. We're sitting in our seats, great seeds. We're watching Steven Wonder, this and that and then uh and then I see Freddy One's playing her Monica and I was like, oh, should I know Freddy? I was like, that's my friend. He goes, oh, he looks at me. He goes, I just want to let you know, like, thank you for this. This means a lot to me. I was like oh, no problem. Of course, this is the best my pleasure. I love Q and this is amazing situation that happened. He goes, if you ever need anything, my son is Big Sean. What he was, my son is Big Sean. If you ever need anything, you know, like I'd love to, you know, thank you. It's just showing appreciation. I was like, your sounds big Sean.
Speaker 1: I love Big Sean. It is crazy. So it just became this thing.
Speaker 7: And once I saw Freddy playing her Monica, I was like, oh that's crazy. After the show go, you know, try to go backstage and meet Stevie Wonder and it'll be so amazing. And then I see Freddy. Freddy sees me, He's like, what's up. I was like, well, it was crazy. So now Big Sean's that like, what the fuck is going on? Like how is this all happening? I was like, I don't even know how's happening it and he gives me backstage passes. We go down meet Stevie Waner. He actually had to take his wife back and his dad's leave. They didn't do it, but we changed numbers and when I came back that same time, Stevie has changed number yeah, no, no, no, no, no, no, Big Big Shawn's father went down and stee This actually really fucked up. I took him selfie with Steve Wonder and I forgot he was blind. I just took a Steve and he was like, did you just take a selfie? I was like, yeah, how did you know? He goes, I can feel by your body movement.
Speaker 1: How you tell? I was like, oh man, I'm so sid I just want to let you know.
Speaker 7: I told him my appreciation all this, and he he goes, you got to give a time for an old man a smile like that.
Speaker 1: It was really really sweet. I took a picture of him. Crazy.
Speaker 7: I go back do a show with Dave, and Sean's father hits me up, texted me, you know, can I call? I was like, of course, I'll come up for tickets. And he comes out and that's how the whole thing happened.
Speaker 6: Stevie ain't trying to take your girl or nothing like that.
Speaker 2: Wait, ste.
Speaker 1: Chill man, Yeah, listen, by the way, don't get the story.
Speaker 6: No, no, by the way, I'm gonna be honest with you. I think if I'm walking down the street, Stevie Wonder might swingle be.
Speaker 1: We have too many stories.
Speaker 6: About him, like like like on this show and all right, first as Theisley Brothers came on here and said they saw him crushing the highway.
Speaker 1: Highway busy street. Wait, man, that's the highway busy street. First thing I asked is like, how old was Stevie Wonder at the time, because you.
Speaker 7: Know, his skills are skills are extremely refined. At that point, he's hearing.
Speaker 1: Shack said that he went.
Speaker 6: They lived in the same building and one day Shaq got on the elevator. He was on the elevator ready shock, and Stevie got on the elevator and said, what's up, decent.
Speaker 7: Shaq has a particular rombo and you know that I have snoop FaceTime. Come on, I would FaceTime people if I was blind all the time. That is funny because you can just FaceTime zone.
Speaker 2: So you like, he've been a superstars whole life. So he knows people want to see him when he FaceTime. And also he can see he's white.
Speaker 1: Can see he might be legally blind, but maybe it's something that yeah, no, absolutely on you bless you Stevie Wonder.
Speaker 7: So so that and then you said about refining material, also refining the material. But this is actually greatest Sie saw this in real time. Pun intended. I guess Punin intended. But I have a whole bit at the end of the special. It's more like a poem bit reflection, just trying to capture the time, and it's all about time, but the whole thing. And I wrote that the day before I filmed the special, and it was like four pages that was kind of panicked over.
Speaker 1: It not paniced, but it was just a good word.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean, like, look, you that's very It's not really the way you operate. You tour, you get the hour set and then you film it. And in this scenario, I felt like something was missing. So I wrote like a three to four minute chunk all about time and.
Speaker 11: During the shooting of a special that no one does memorize that. Yeah nobody, Yeah, wild Yeah, it was nuts. It was really I don't think you understand how that was. Yeah, grandmouth, fantastic, Yeah it was great.
Speaker 1: Great. Mike Apps or Chris Tucker neither, I can't pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's drink.
Speaker 7: I love him both exactly. I'msa say neither the rest of the way and see what happens.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna I'm not a lot of you if both that was you know why it was genius because they both played that same role in Legendary Friday.
Speaker 1: If it wasn't for Chris Tucker, the party would be a day Day.
Speaker 6: Or I would say, not Mike Apps a day Day, because I don't believe Mike Apps stole that picture as Mike Apps. I believe he stole it as dayDay because just the same way we were calling Chris Tucker smoky, Yeah, we were calling Mike Apps day they.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean it's true, you can't. I mean, he can't really pick between the two. But Chris Tucker has like such an amazing on screen. So when he came on the scene, like he was just he took over everything, right, took over everything, And Mike Epps was similarly the same way. I really liked that Mike Epps has maintained like his stand up and stand up chops. That's why I just can't pick between others, or else I would have said Chris Tucker.
Speaker 1: Right, okay, you GK or the ghetto boy. Oh you know I still live in Houston, you know, you know a section away into Colombia. No, no, what do I gotta go home?
Speaker 7: And I love and I genuinely like, I think the first hip hop track I ever heard in my life was my mind's playing tricks on me.
Speaker 1: But they get the boys.
Speaker 2: I feel like that.
Speaker 1: I won't tell you about.
Speaker 2: I was ten.
Speaker 7: My brother had the tape and I put it in and I listened to it. I was like I was, my mind was completely blown away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bumbe has come out on a few low shows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bump Bee, Like, yeah, I love bum Be Broger.
Speaker 7: Of course, I've had a burger, whether you or not, you're going to try the drill burger like you'll be just chilling here for a second and behind you like, have you had a drill burger?
Speaker 1: Not the way? They are delicious? Delicious. So I even eat the vegan one, Yeah, vegan one. I don't be so I forget for what holiday he came, but you know where he's surrounded by six champagn about this is this is Shempauga chipa from the temps Oups. Oh my god, I gave you a segue from Okay.
Speaker 7: Bosa or George Lopez. George Lopez, No wait, thought you said George Carlin. Sorry sorry sorry sorry, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: I know what I thought, George Carlin. I thought he's about comedian.
Speaker 1: Be that's what that Orge, Because George Lopez said, you did that on purpose for you tricked me.
Speaker 2: Yes, there was. One of my.
Speaker 7: Favorite comedians of all time is George Carlin. So that's the only thing I thought of. That was like all those game their messages talk about about No, don't even say that, bro, Why would you say that. He's one of the greatest minds, comedic minds.
Speaker 1: Of all time. He wouldn't have justice, he wouldn't have like Trump. I don't think he likes either of them government yahment. But George Lopez is hating on all the lou Young no, no rap.
Speaker 7: One hundred percent of Ralph Barbosa, that's my brother. He was in season two of MO. He's also like a genuine comedian. Yeah, Ralbosa for one hundred percent of Barbosa, that's my guy. Yeah, I love him to death and fucking solid work tricking me Dominicans.
Speaker 1: Keeping one on the younger comedians, like, first of all, you should never do that, really fucked up. George always young.
Speaker 7: You know, I started as a seventeen year old and the exactly say I don't know exactly the full he was shitting.
Speaker 2: On on on he was he was on the podcast with Steve Trevino, Trevino and and Steve Trevino was talking about the young comics coming up in the game that he feels like the comedian game.
Speaker 1: Name of these comics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said that He's like, for example, Ralph Barbosa, Oh wow. And he was saying how the comedy game is thriving right now, and was like, who's that. I don't know him? Damn okay, you know so that Steve did. Steve trying to start explaining from while he's a young Mexican from Dallas, he's doing this, this and that, And George was basically saying like, nah, I don't talk to people like that. Don't put them on you. You're giving him the easy way out. Yeah, wow, fuck you. What this is at a time when I'm saying that real fuck you. This is a time when Ralph was blowing up on YouTube, and I mean Ralph bro Ra. I love Ralph to death.
Speaker 4: He hit me.
Speaker 2: I was doing the show in Houston, great guy before he was anything, and I'm nobody. He hit me. He's like, hey, can I come open for you, and I always try to put I.
Speaker 1: Want to get back to that because I heard you say that a couple of times. Comedian, comedian. It's not normal. It's not normal, but it's like a show of respect for sure, especially if you're like a seasoned guy and all this stuff. You look up. He's so humble.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 7: Ralph first of all, works his ass off, he's doing it right. He's in the clubs. Of course, he's funny, and he's just The more important part is that that he's really really working on his craft and respects the crafts.
Speaker 1: He knows the craft.
Speaker 7: For for George Lopez to say nobody knows that motherfucker or whatever it is, first of all, it's so is someone who started as a kid in the game. It is very, very disheartening to hear that kind of discouragement because you could throw somebody off the tracks completely, or you can get strong, but now you're taking away the spirit. You're taking away the spirit or somebody like, why you doing this? You know, especially you don't even know Ralphie looks up to you, loves you and all this stuff, and guess what, motherfucker, You're gonna retire at some point, you're gonna stop doing it. It's gonna fizzle out, and all you're gonna have is these young guys that look up to you and say, come and say your name, and it's gonna keep you WIY.
Speaker 1: So you're doing that, that's straight up Hayden, And.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna just be honest with you. Yeah, I don't know in the content it was asked. It doesn't matter the context was acting because because.
Speaker 1: Now it doesn't matter, the context is not, you're correct, correct. And first of all, it's not to throw shade on George Lopez.
Speaker 7: George Lopez is extremely accomplished, did it the right way, like stand up wise, like putting in the time, putting in the effort, worked his way up, has his moment. And also you can't say by George Lopez without mentioning Paul Rodriguez. Like Paul Rodriguez, he's the one to have the first sitcom as far as I remember, as someone of his background, and he's the one who opened those doors. Like if that was bigger than it was, you know, he anticipated he could have they might not have been in George Lopez.
Speaker 1: Or just say what not exists without Paul?
Speaker 6: What I'm saying is the older you get, the less of troll senses you have, right, meaning they don't they like I guess I could tell to someone's troll to meet the minute you open your mouth, I'm like, oh okay, I know to play this game. But sometimes the older you get, you don't those senses don't go off, those spidy senses.
Speaker 1: So they could have been asked like hey like it could have been acting like.
Speaker 6: In a disrepectful way, like hey man, you know these are young comedians.
Speaker 1: They're coming to they're coming for your spot, and then he.
Speaker 6: Could just want to say I want to give him a benefit of a doubt.
Speaker 1: Because I don't think.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's just a natural thing for an elder comedian to look down on this person.
Speaker 1: They do that, they don't you got as far as I know, I'm not sure.
Speaker 7: Like there's some comedians that don't even like, you know, people of their background touring with them, you know that happens.
Speaker 1: And I think that these had this more stories like you guys, you get that that world.
Speaker 2: That world is a started country. That world is a little different because it's comedy, but it's also Mexican. And they got their own rules, They got their own system. So it was like yeah, so like that that that whole beef with Ralph and George blew up comedy wise, like we were like, oh, you shouldn't do that. He's a young good comedy. But in the Mexican world, it's like, oh, it's it's even even Ralph was telling me there's a difference between Texas, Mexicans and California, and he was like and a lot of people was like, oh you you talking bad about young Mexicans. You don't put no Mexicans on all the Mexicans on being So that's all that. That beef went even deeper than just comedy.
Speaker 7: I take on a very different approach from this young Arab guys because I had no I didn't have anybody. I didn't have anybody by myself as far as like from there was no no Arab stand up Arabs zero. I started stand up in nineteen ninety five. It's my first time was stand up. I started, I started touring.
Speaker 1: It's wrestling, and it is, it is and it is, but it isn't but it isn't, you know. But I didn't have anything like that at all. I have anything like that at all. I was creating old the old road, her own path.
Speaker 7: And actually like this is the one thing that like the comedians would hate on when I was first starting. It's like, oh, he's just talking about because it's so hacky. He's talking about his Arab family and everything. Bro, nobody had I've never seen this on stage before. This is not even touched upon. You can never this is.
Speaker 1: But I wasn't doing only that, yes, but someone so what that's the point. It's all original material that's based off of my life and stand up is that you know. So that's like And so that being said, like I try to look out for guys that I know.
Speaker 7: They're doing well that are from my background that are you know, ask me questions my phones always.
Speaker 1: Yeah, figure out you know ready yeah so not the iron sheet, not the iron sheet, but yes, the iron sheet r ip.
Speaker 7: But no, I think it's really really important to that And that's what like I want to I want to give them the game. I want to give this exactly how you do it? You know, And whoever you know calls me And there's a young commun out of Toronto that open up for me that I talked to him, you know, whenever he needs it, like he hits me up there, guys that tour together, and just I think it's important to share information, not just with that, even with Siphon and I because Cipher.
Speaker 1: Is you know how many years you be doing stand up?
Speaker 2: I mean now fifteen yeah, fifteen years.
Speaker 7: I mean it's just that point, you know, it's that point you go through different growths and you're like, hey, what was it like when you were fifteen years and this is what you do?
Speaker 1: This is what it is.
Speaker 7: And so my mentorship with went only so far with my original teacher and with Dave was he was able to teach me about this altitude. You know, it was a different altitude to it. It's a different game to it. So there's it's like getting your PhD or something, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean.
Speaker 7: That was a good one, though it's all work, work guys. Please take away that fuck up. Jim Carrey or Will Farrell Wow, Wow, wow, I bro I genuinely love both of them very much. And I grew up, you know, obviously watching Jim Carrey and that's the guy I will.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't.
Speaker 2: That's a rough one.
Speaker 1: That's a rough one.
Speaker 7: Who cads really going I'm gonna say, I'm gonna fuck. I really love both of them very much, but I'm gonna give it to Jim Carrey. I'm gonna say Jim Carrey. I'm not gonna say both. I wanted to, but I'm gonna say Jim Carrey. You realize because like watching the variety of roles that he was able to accomplish and to be so the Truman Show and I'm about to say the.
Speaker 6: Liar liarons kind of showed us to what our life is going to be. Like we're all in the Truman Show right now. Yeah, we're trapped in our phones and we're all in our own version.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: I just love that you've seen that any of Rosy which one idiocracy? You never seen that movie, I don't think, so go watch that movie. This is exactly what we're living like right now. The smart phones made us dumb. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 7: I agree, it's like a slippery slow it's kind of I agree, and I don't agree.
Speaker 1: It's how you use it.
Speaker 7: It's always like how you use it, Like AI could be exceptional if it's used for good, but we all know that it's going to be used for bad.
Speaker 1: They got drones. Now, they got drones that can just shoot you. You know, they got drones that can follow you.
Speaker 6: It's dope for people like d OC for use it for his voice, people like be See who to use it for their voice. But then it's hard, it's horrible because those same people that can use that same voice can call a bank and tell them, hey, man released one hundred grand and it's the same voice, while wing Bank believe them.
Speaker 1: So that's a that's a plus. In the mic you're talking is like someone who has a lot of money. That's the truth. Alight, Thanks Agad. Next one, Chevy Chase or Steve Martin.
Speaker 7: Oh, oh my god, but I'm gonna say both. Okay, I'm gonna say both solid and I'm not gonna pick one. I love Chevy Chase though too, and Steve Martin very different Chevy Chase. I picked Chevy Chase, Is it too?
Speaker 1: Favorite? It's coming? James Lucy or Chris Fawley, Chris Farley, Jim Jim Jim.
Speaker 12: Because that's his nickname, James and Jay. You know that my middle neck James John James, Chris James. Either I picked Chris Farley, that's your Yeah, I picked. I picked Chris Farley, and Chris Farley was the I really yeah, Tommy, yeah, rest in peace. I think that's eighteenth he passed away. Yeah, nineteen ninety five or ninety six or something like that. Yes, but no, I grew up admiring very much.
Speaker 7: It was the first time that I saw a fat guy on television that was hilarious. It was him and John Candy also, I love Candy. I love John, but Chris Farley, Chris Farley. When I first did stand up in school, I would I would, I would roach the guys little Cody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would wear a little cot guy.
Speaker 4: To me bro like.
Speaker 7: It was always that ship. I would always I would always do that. I would put on a little little jacket and I would roast people in class as Chris Farley. And I also met Chris Farley. I was thirteen years old. It was planning Hollywood openings, remember that. And so they had it in Houston, and I was like, oh my god, Chris Farley's coming. And they had like so Ester staloan Arnold Schwartzenegger like always Bruce Willis. Bruce Willis had a blues band at the time, and so uh, and I was just like all I can think about is just meeting Chris Farley.
Speaker 2: That's my guy.
Speaker 1: Like I always wanted to be on SNL.
Speaker 7: I'm going to do SNL a comedy book art like this as oh man, I knew that I was gonna like be an s like I wanted to do that. Like that's all I can think about was Chris Farley. And when I met him, I saw him coming up and I grabbed his hand and I was like, I love you and I wouldn't let go.
Speaker 1: It was like over dude was like and I was like, oh my god, it just happened, you know, it just happened. He just and that just made my whole life.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: I was just like, oh my god. And Arnold walked by. I was like, oh cool, you know where you guys? Cool?
Speaker 7: This is a planet Hollywood Grant and we got there early so we can be right against the railings. So that's all I can think of is I just wanted to meet Chris Farley. I genuinely did not like I obviously felt good to see like, oh, you know, Arnold Schwarzenegger and this guy and Bruce Willis and it was dope. The fat guy a little coach. That was like seeing a reflection of me as a little kid.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: I love like chorus and you seeing each other right now.
Speaker 14: I don't feel here, Okay, I don't feel here. Flip here, Flip for zero. I know you man, Little Flip or Zero I had.
Speaker 1: I had a bro. Yeah, both both we had them. Both want to together. I can't do we can't.
Speaker 2: You can't play with you.
Speaker 1: You go flip my show in Houston, man, Yeah, Little Flipp was just the show, right. He came out of the show. He came out to the show in Houston, popped on. It was the homie and the way he went on stage and did the way we bought and the whole fucking place went correct. Yeah, you can't know.
Speaker 2: You can't play with the rap.
Speaker 1: You know what I call Little Flipp stars.
Speaker 6: He's a walking store, Little Flip walking store. Everything he has he sells yount, he walking compass myself. Hey, the shirt that he got on everything.
Speaker 1: Like he's a I love it. I got his back forever, all right. Johnny Carson or David.
Speaker 7: Letterman, Man, this is like really really annoying, But I'm gonna say, David Letterman, that's the one that got to be yes. Yes, I'm gonna say David Letterman, and I love Johnny Carson. And when you went on Carson back in the day, that's like you made it.
Speaker 1: You just go there.
Speaker 7: I mean people will go up on Carson and do five minutes and you could tour and make a living and you've got famous that overnight. You're just on making famous. So I got a tip the hat big time to Johnny Carson. Oh going here today, you know that's and he was one of the most brilliant interviewers, Like he would really ask question, ask questions. See now you're rubbing off of me. You really ask questions. You're gonna ask questions to really be a fantastic host. And he would let like let the talent do their thing. That was really really cool.
Speaker 1: Uh. David Letterman was my era.
Speaker 7: Right, David Letterman somebody looked up to, loved and I met him in the Cornfields in Ohio and we were doing those shows with David and the Cornfield during the pandemic and he came out and I was so excited because I was I wanted to do Letterman. And then he retired and ended up doing the Late Show six months after he retired. So I was like, man, yeah, yeah, uh with Stephen Cobek, Yeah yeah yeah. And so he came out of the cornfield like, that's all I care about is I want to perform for Letterman. I don't even care about the crowd. So I went out there and give the best fucking show I could.
Speaker 1: And I asked my man. I was like, did he like it? He was like, yeah, he liked it. I was like, just liked it. I was like fuck.
Speaker 7: And then and then Dave's boy Paul came over. He's like, bro, David let Himan was loving your ship. He was like, who the fuck is this guy? He was like hunched over laughing. Was my man just sai wonderfully? He told me he just liked it. Like I don't want you to head to be too big. I was like, this is not the time, right And it was really amazing, and I let him walked in and he uh and he went up on stage with Dave, surprised the audience. The whole place went crazy, and he just kept giving me props from the stage.
Speaker 1: He was like what about mo, Wow, and just like amazing.
Speaker 7: And then and then like a week later we end up having a phone call, just like a check and he wanted to I wanted to, you know, talk to him, and he wanted to get to know me a little bit better. And we spoke on the phone for like an hour. By the way, really funny. I just got divorced. I'm sitting up parking Houston, staying at a hotel like season one, Yeah, right before I started doing right before season one is very official, what like like like season one, like how you like broke up?
Speaker 1: Is that like a fishing Yeah, yeah, that was real. Yeah, I mean it was like that season two.
Speaker 7: I was, but it was not before I started, before I started filming season the first season, I was just gotten divorced, and and I'm sitting in the park and am on the phone. I'm looking around and see some people walking around, and I'm basically seeing a reflection of myself on some level. Put on on the phone with David Letterman, the person that I've like looked up doing my rosola and wanted to be on the show.
Speaker 1: And We're having this like one hour conversation about life and how I got here, and it was just really really beautiful. Yeah, goddamn, make some noise to David lettering letter and he did. Why he was interviewing Dave. He didn't know. He didn't know me at the time. I was wearing a mask and all that. I didn't even know who I was.
Speaker 7: And he goes, where are you from? It was like Houston, and he goes, I'll be seeing you in Houston. That's what he said to me. I'll be seeing you in Houston. And for some reason, I just felt like really like serious, like yeah, at Santa Claus, I think I am going to see you. I just feel like I've got that get for you. It was really interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like, it's just yet interesting nas Jada kiss.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Jada kiss.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: I got to hit my phone call ye picked that I should picked that one.
Speaker 4: He's not.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I won from my own Dream Champs episode.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say no, I'm gonna says Okay. Both both.
Speaker 4: You do it, but.
Speaker 7: Def jam comedy or in Living Color, there's a supper time.
Speaker 1: It's not even the same points comedy when the States comedy, which is wrong.
Speaker 7: Both both definitely both they both like did something significant in the culture. One was for sketch and making one of the most diverse shows on television and then you have you know, what are you what are you laughing at?
Speaker 1: You don't think it was diverse. I'm sorry, I shouldn't say it. Cut that out.
Speaker 2: Look good stuff.
Speaker 1: This is the previous stuff. Okay, I don't know. I think he was camping right here. I think he's setting me up. Yeah, both this one. This one is a little shout out of staying latest, a little weird, a little weird. But Patricia O'Neill or Robert Harris.
Speaker 7: I didn't know Patrise. You didn't know, you didn't I didn't know. Unfortunately I didn't. Not wish I did. But I'll pick Patrise.
Speaker 2: Yeah wait, did you know Robin.
Speaker 6: No, I didn't get to meet Robert, but I met Patrise multiple times. That was one of the funniest people. Worth Beast top three. Like he can, he can, he can, he can? You can freestyle, Like can you walk in the room and take this piece? You can take has red shirt? He could take Roster's dreads and chips, glasses and just make a whole story out of that ship, like right then and there on the plate, He's there, He's there. Pat I started working started working out with them. Yeah, weight and Angela and yeah, she has it all documented. And I worked and he was like, yo, man, you know, look you're working out.
Speaker 1: And I was like this back then, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: And I was like yeah, and he's like yo, And we took each other numbers and I started working out with them.
Speaker 2: Patree can't say one thing about Patri please. This is this is when I started doing comedy and I watched you know, all the great Kill all the time, or even Specials or def Comedy or whatever. I went to go see Patrice live at the club and he was kind of bombing and also like he made a lot of women upset and a lot of women were leaving. But I loved it. And that's when I really learned like, oh, every show is its own thing, and if you don't like what I'm saying, you could leave. But this is what I'm doing. And that's when that was really one of the greatest moments for me for stand up. So I was learning like, oh, you you gotta be you. Like when you first start doing comedy, you kind of almost impersonate some of your favorites and you try to be like, I want to be energetic, like this guy thoughtful like this guy, and everyone tells you one of the biggest piece of advices that you gotta find your own voice. You gotta find your own voice, and it takes time to get that. And I watched I said, oh, this is his voice and it showed me. Yeah, show me you don't have to be like yeah, bro. And he would be like you feel that, you see that. You see how them girls are sucking the front out of the room. And I was like, oh my god, and they would get so upset. But I was like, he's right.
Speaker 6: I went to a comedy show with him one time and the dude says something and then he's with his girl and then he looked at it was like I could tell you don't suck this nigga.
Speaker 1: I was like, yoh my god. Undefended. Actually he gave me the tickets and go see.
Speaker 7: The way he was stand up was described to me very early on by my mentors, like, you spend all these years on stage to eventually be yourself. Like when you first start, you have this like wall in front of it. Every time you go up, that repetition is like chipping.
Speaker 1: Away at that wall. Eventually there's no wall and you're just yourself.
Speaker 7: It takes a long time and some of the some of the times the things that you imulate from the people you looked up to is just even subconscious, you know, it's not even like a conscious thing.
Speaker 1: You're doing it. Those are you've seen behind you do it at the highest level. Therefore, it just it's in there.
Speaker 7: Right, Even when I watch my special, I'll just be like that little tone sounds like Carl h. This is like so and so this is very interesting, like a little small all thing. But it's all performative, right, It's all like understanding how you say a certain word you say and.
Speaker 1: It's not like you think about it. You just do it right, you know.
Speaker 7: And there's some people that do think about that need to write it out and every single word is is what they hang on and they depend on that. And I was I never came up like that. But every time everything I do is improvised. Everything I write is on stage, spontaneous, based off a particular thought and he build it out from there. And how you deliver that story or those words just it's just you just do them. You don't think about it.
Speaker 1: It's real. You got to find that comfort zone. Harry Spears or Dessie Banks both.
Speaker 2: Guy, what you said, they're not the same thing. I don't know how you're comparing them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we never know how anything. David Allen Greer, Tommy Davidson who not out on is crazy.
Speaker 2: That was crazy.
Speaker 1: That was definitely both too.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 7: Tommy Davidson, Like when I first started standing up and watching him in the clubs, he was, like I heard, Tommy Davison was the illest person. The reason why I say William look, the reason why I say both because they're also different. You know, like Alan is a very like stage guy that came from the stage, Like the way the stand up, he was a theatrical guy. That's where he came from. Tommy's from the streets. Bro, It's like he brought that energy, he brought that like it's just like he was so fucking funny. He was shut it down all the time. And Houston, whenever he was doing he was shut it down. And then see Al Greer and how he's with his acting and his performance is commedy timing all that. He's extremely special and he's just very different. So you can't I can't pick no problem. Yeah, you were in a picker down.
Speaker 2: Also, Eddie Murphy was only like, yeah, it's only twenty two right when he did like yeah twenty when he did Delirious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy. I'm gonna say buddy against Eddie. Yeah, both both. I think Jurious better Delirious.
Speaker 3: I think so it was which one that I was the first regular more like it was it was rough around the edges. I think that's what made it better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those comedy.
Speaker 7: I love both of them, Paul Wall or Mike Jones. Both by Paul was like my best friend. I love this guy's pieces. So you don't got I'm gonna say both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do have? Are I have? Yeah, I'm gonna say both. Respect both. I should have said that. I looked up Jones, you still got the same number.
Speaker 2: Herd call it up.
Speaker 1: Let's see, well we went.
Speaker 2: I love Paul Wall.
Speaker 1: He was like that guy is my brother.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: He always checks up on me.
Speaker 7: This guy, bro, I grew up listening to him and to know that he's my friend is like my brother, Like I really appreciate him.
Speaker 1: He can't.
Speaker 7: He's been really, really a great friend. And that's why you still tipping. In the series and the first season.
Speaker 1: Black pictures.
Speaker 6: We say, like, you know when a person is down, like invited to the barbecue I have.
Speaker 1: I haven't known a time with Paul Wall was not invited. It's barbecue, I'd to please, and he's bringing potato salad.
Speaker 7: And this is what makes like a really uh like a great human is that when they're not there, they're missed. You know, you're like, it's one thing to always be at the barbecue. When he's not there, like, man, where is he at?
Speaker 1: This ship? This is fun? But you know, I love y'all. But he's like he brings that little energy and I see him ice ice fish. Yeah, he ordered a fish. He came off. He put the teeth on the grill. I was like, you don't believe that she's just talking ship. That's not true. For a face. Yeah, I don't know if it was his actual girl. He took it off.
Speaker 6: He put off, but he posted on Instagram fish had the grill. Yeah, the fish had a grill that he was about the of the advice. I don't know what kind of fish you're talking about. That was a rich He gave me my first hit like immediately and the fire emoji. Okay, John Candy Sam Kinison Candison fuck again two different ways what he is doing?
Speaker 1: Who makes this list? I told you.
Speaker 2: Stand up the fat white comedian.
Speaker 7: I mean, I love him both for many reasons, but I'm gonna pick John Candy, John Candy, John Candy, John got too many, too many. I love his subtlety. I studied his acting actually when I before I did my show. He's like a big influence on me too. Okay, Yeah, uncle buck uncle buck bro uncle Yeah.
Speaker 6: Drunk uncle. I had a whole uh uh mixtape that dedicated to Uncle Buck bro.
Speaker 1: How he like shifts gears from being funny to dramatic.
Speaker 2: And trains planes and autimable saddest scene in the colony ever?
Speaker 1: Yeah, broke my heart. Robbin Williams or George.
Speaker 14: Carlin dang broa rest in peace of book.
Speaker 1: Grill.
Speaker 7: You know this is so different man again, Like this is really impossible, so you said. Robin Williams and George Carlin.
Speaker 1: Robert Wallis miss out fire.
Speaker 7: Look look, Robin Williams is an improvise improverse I'm gonna stop smoking this blood improvisational genius.
Speaker 1: Robin Williams is an improvised.
Speaker 7: I can't even say more bro smoking Yeah, he improvises like no one I've ever seen like Robert Williams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 7: And George Carlin is probably the most one of the most sophisticated writers and and uh definitely in my top five of all time stand up comedians. So yeah, I love the fact that Carlin could be like goofy the ship the people shop on like you don't even know, like how goofy and outrageous he was in his material very early on, and he kept that. He kept that weirdness, that quirkiness, that fun, silly little kid energy all the way up into the seventh which the.
Speaker 2: Subject matter.
Speaker 7: He still By the way, by the way, modern man, modern man. That clip you've seen that clip, That George Carlin clip probably one of the greatest bits ever written. It's unbelieva said about something that's seen.
Speaker 2: They said, George Carlin filmed HBO special and got in the limo as started writing the next one.
Speaker 1: I believe, like in the car like, OK, I got it. Yeah, he's that brain, bro, He's that kind of brain. It's just call it. And Robert Williams was a genius to Man's James too.
Speaker 7: He had a different reputation and stand up though, you know, like he would take what you didn't the reputation, so its stand up is very different. Like when you talk about actors, Uh, just improv Oh my god, I can't.
Speaker 2: Take the grill out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you gotta take the grill out, you know, as far as someone who's spontaneous and able to take a particular subject matter and just run with it, beat it to death.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 7: So he's the best king of that. Like, so it's really really it's very different people. But I'm gonna say both because I love them.
Speaker 1: But I thought we drank three times. The tailor to tat was tending the tenth mounts. I feel like I need to do a vocal exercise to give my back. Jay Z or Big Daddy Kane, you can call your hip hop front. Can I all this?
Speaker 6: Who?
Speaker 1: Please just pick one for me? I picked that one for me.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: Since you all are best friends, you funk it up. I mean, remember who set it for? Who would say who? But then maybe you don't. It's your carteria. It's your carteria.
Speaker 2: You can't no matter what, not even getting mad. It's just like you know you got if you start breaking it down. There is no jay Z without Big Daddy Game. There's no I put this recently on Instagram. There's not a lot of people without big Daddy Game, right, But jay Z took it to a whole noth level. If I had to, if I had to pick, if I if I had to pick, They're for both my friends.
Speaker 1: Hole is the top.
Speaker 2: I always say, oh, so there you go. I would pick, you know, I would.
Speaker 1: I would amaze.
Speaker 7: Actually just said, oh, I would pick jay Z one hundred percent because he married just Love.
Speaker 6: Yes exactly. I heard you say that Beyonce is God. And if you don't say she's gone, you go.
Speaker 1: Never never say that. I stalk for a lot of.
Speaker 7: Out there watching just one thing. You know, I had nothing to do with this. I'm gonna help him once the cameras go off and talk to him. I'm gonna touch him about God and the exists of God.
Speaker 1: Your incomprehension of God is your comprehension of God. Don't think that this.
Speaker 7: What's happening here at the table, that I am ever so absent of where I come from, my roots, where I am. The entire time we've been talking, I've been praying interns forgiveness and to make sure to absolve me for anything like this, because I don't say he said if anybody say anything about Beyonce than the fact that she comes from Houston. She went for a day and everybody's like she's from a Lea, but she's like from the third ward and everybody's fighting.
Speaker 1: She's from both. She's from both areas and we both celebrate Beyonce. Yes, okay, I'm not.
Speaker 7: I never said those words, but you said something as like if you don't well say it, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I forget what it is. But just you heard what your what's your words? Your words?
Speaker 6: My words beyond something like it. It was on the radio station because listen to all your interviews, maybe when I was on Fallon, and I think like, like, if you're from Houston, you have to like, no, no.
Speaker 1: I never said that.
Speaker 7: I never said I don't believe you know what you said about Yeah, obviously she's just like the queen.
Speaker 1: Is Beyonce queen.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what the fact queen?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: Is that word?
Speaker 1: For sure?
Speaker 2: I not yea.
Speaker 1: If you're not at task, thank you, And I got these candles in front of you. Bro. This is gonna be over what. Okay, that's good. So you're depicting yourself as a spiritual creature. I don't understand fast. That's nice? Can I get these made from myself?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Have you here in the middle of us, right next to God?
Speaker 2: Jamie Fox, Jamie Fox, Jamie Fox.
Speaker 1: I just think that. I mean, I love Cat Williams too, but I think I think I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 7: Jamie Fox influenced me a lot when I was a kid, like just watching him on television. His abilities bro from being a singer to crossing over to from a stand up to sketch.
Speaker 1: To acting to ray What the fuck did I believe he was? He?
Speaker 7: I think he thought he was right. He was like it was really really just a masterclass. I've never seen anything like it. I've probably watched that movie at least a dozen times, at least.
Speaker 1: Cat Williams neither Yeah, no, no.
Speaker 6: The other day, let me tell you how infliction influential Cat Williams was. The other day, I walked in the bike lane, and everyone is very mean in the bike lane.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you know about that. They're like, you don't have to bike lane, you don't belong in a bike lane.
Speaker 6: So I got a bike lane. When this guy comes and he circles around me and I go, you know what, sir, I'm sorry. He goes, don't be sorry. And then in my mind, you know what I said?
Speaker 1: Did you know what I said? Look at you?
Speaker 6: Because this is how powerful Cat Williams is. So he said, he said, don't be sorry. I said, I'm gonna be careful.
Speaker 1: Don't be sorry. And that's how it was. Like the dude said don't be sorry, and I just automatic throw the pack.
Speaker 7: I want to keep going on that because Cat now literally say Walker is hilario, Like he's just fucking classics right, and just hanging out with him, like I remember, uh, it was like the moment he and Dave like met up for the first time in a while.
Speaker 1: I think at the store.
Speaker 7: It was it was no beef anyway, it was no beef, but it was beef, but it was no beef. That was the funny part of the story.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 7: We all went out that night to a diner and bro Cat was so generous. He was like serving beal, taking care everybody, tipping out like crazy. He's always been very every time I've seen him out like that's what he's like. He treated me to golf in Houston, like he came through. We played golf before I filmed Season one. I like snuck out one hung out with him. Okay, so yes, it's real real, nice too, bro, but he's a real question changing it up. Kat wiels to Dave Chappelle.
Speaker 1: Dave Chapelle, Yeah, yeah, extra shoff take wants to take a shot. Let him let him live, bro, let live.
Speaker 2: Is a great actor to that credit great in Atlanta. Yeah, Atlanta, she's incredible. Yea, yeah he did. We did.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he won Amy for that and uh we were we were out that night. Dave did a pop up and he came through. It was like the most for that role in Atlanta. I'm pretty sure that's what he in.
Speaker 1: Fact, you know how great, Like I don't think people are giving.
Speaker 7: On I know you don't get credit for Yeah, yeah, I'm just yeah, I really think that he's incredible.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 7: There's no doubt they're both very different. Again, it's just that grew up on Jamie. It's a little different. I'm gonna take this very personal. Yeah, Okay, Curby Enthusiasm.
Speaker 1: Half man can't pause. That's a pause bro, it's not gonna Curby enthusiasm. Kirby enthusiasm. Question, it's Kurby enthusiasm.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I like, well, first of all, in his world seinfeldt is there's some some foul ship going on.
Speaker 1: There's no black people. No, that's my world.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: It was just like.
Speaker 1: Like I'm like, you know, my.
Speaker 7: Genuinely has nothing to do with whatever Seinfeld has said, like him saying, you know, somebody uh.
Speaker 1: Catching him off?
Speaker 2: No, No, it's not in seinfeld confus situation. He started showing.
Speaker 7: Everything objectively objectively. I I love uh, Kirby Enthusiasm. I think it's the one. I like the fact that it's ed you. It's you know, it's more real and unfiltered, like you say whatever you want, and it is a lot of it is improvised and you can just see yeah, curb that's yeah. Now to say, like, you know, whatever I feel about side, it doesn't matter. It's still objectively as a show. The structure, the characters, I mean, it's all about like Kramer, George and Elaine and those are like really I.
Speaker 6: Can count the amount of black people, Yeah, somebody.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: That's why Jamie had very racist all of us kind of racist the Pakistan. Yeah, it didn't works.
Speaker 1: Definitely Curb. I'm a Curb guy for sure. I'm here, So you are you going with?
Speaker 2: First? I love Seinfeld the show. I remember I saw the first episode air live on TV because I saw him on Johnny Carson and I went to watch the show and my mom walked and she's like, what the fuck are you watching? Like Seinfeld in the like the eighties. But I like Curb better. And the reason why is because the way Curb works is there's no script. There's no script for Curb.
Speaker 1: There's no script. It was not improviser's very that's he wrote that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's Curve has a lot of people on.
Speaker 7: The show, but surely, like the mind you could tell like once you watch Curve, you're like, okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah it makes sense reality show.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Curve is.
Speaker 6: Watched the first episode. The first episode was the trailer, which wind up being a pilot, Like he didn't even want to be there, like like it was real HBO execs. They had to switch switch them to actors. Oh yeah, because he was He's pissing them real HBO execs. All He's like, you got three hundred million who is doing this reality.
Speaker 2: Take you for hundred million?
Speaker 1: Short episode?
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, no, no, that's the episode is when he met that guy that first So when he went to they went to the delivery store and they got the orders respect. Don't play with me, listener, I felt Kirby enthusiastic, don't with me.
Speaker 1: I was like, we're getting this very details. I love common time. No, I love comedy. We're right. You throw me under the buses.
Speaker 6: Yeah no, no, no no, but because what you have been able to do. But listen, finish this, finish this, and then we get back to that. Let's go to the last one, last one, last one. This is my favorite. I'm not going to leave the witness. Loyalty or respect. You gotta have both.
Speaker 7: They can't. They got to coexist together. You have to say you have to say both. You have to say both. You can't have one without the other. I believe you can't.
Speaker 1: You can't be loyal on somebody without expecting. But I believe that. Yeah, yeah, I believe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was full. Yeah, it was. Well, you guys are like watch brothers.
Speaker 1: I just noticed that. Yeah, they text each other and.
Speaker 6: Them put the watch on as soon as he said yeah, he said, well, that's the Oyster beat. It's very that's very it's very dope watch right there, very dope watch Man. He's great, the green Let's let's get it to watch that you have on right now? It's the Sea Dweller. It's the fifty years Swellow.
Speaker 1: But that but that's not an oyster flex band, is it? No? No, I did. I did have the Oyster flex Man, but I just took it off because I was it's my daily watch, okay, so I just this is the one I always wear, like, I just don't really watch not yes.
Speaker 7: Not up Marina exactly. Okay, yeah, is that when I put a different band on it? Because I was just beating the other one in the hell, So I just have it. It's the fifty year anniversaries, the one with the red writing on it in the middle.
Speaker 1: It's nice. Yes, it's bigger than something that's bad side because the people go exactly things like ten thousand. I'm not sure. Yeah, yeah you know. And is this a Rolex Man? Is this? No? No, it's not that. Okay, beautiful watch Man where hell good health? I love it.
Speaker 7: It's because I be another one that hell, so I just I really don't wear to watch his really I like to just yeah, and I got into like old visit yeah Vintage.
Speaker 6: We just did an episode about did you Yeah, we got the Adam Menta and my boy Lex to borrow. They both just guys, but they bites car guys as well.
Speaker 7: But I'm not going that far. I just I just know I don't really go that far either. It's mostly like related to to airb World is what I'm into with the with the crests of whichever country that you can get it from. So the king would have like we would commission them from Rolex to make watches and he would give him to his officers or you know whoever.
Speaker 6: And I'm really into that lately. You know what my holy girl watches. I don't know if you know.
Speaker 1: I think I did tell you rainbow and I got the Rainbow I already got.
Speaker 6: I got the Rainbow pump protect Oh. I was thinking about the Roles roombo oh no no, no protext a little bit. It's big homie. So I'm about to get the big Homie.
Speaker 1: Did I go through far? I mean, I'm just gonna I just want a phone call. Can I get one of the what are we talking about. My holy grail is the u AE u ae AP.
Speaker 6: Perpetual calendars turquoise faces, not Tiffany, but it's only made seventy five for u AE members. And my thing is I keep asking watch collectors is this working for me? Because I know it's four hunan and forty thousand, it's a wait sh but.
Speaker 1: Like, is it worthing for me? Because is it just meet it?
Speaker 6: I love it and I may maybe never be able to flip this just in case anything happens, or am I and my bugget I should have I should have took this off market because it's only thirty five.
Speaker 1: But now they offered you one. You said, no, I've never been offered okay, but.
Speaker 6: Now it's one of that landed in the US from the you know these watched chats that be happening, and like I got all these these watching I'm.
Speaker 7: Not as I just realized I am nowhere near on your level. I just realized that why I collect them and why I like them. You're in a different league and you're in the n B A he's.
Speaker 1: And I'm a. I was like, oh my god, this guy's on tag whow's watching talking Watchers? It's the whole next level of one one.
Speaker 6: Just the plash in the US and so many of my chats people they know that I want this, So they started off like, Yo, I'll take the FPCE on off of you.
Speaker 7: And I'm like, oh, he's speaking in code, watch code. You hear me, I'm gonna take that FPS. He's speaking Japanese to me at this point, I don't know, I don't know. I'm not saying I'm impressed. I'm like wildly impressed.
Speaker 1: He's definitely into it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is second season made you emotionally stressful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was emotionally stressful. Yeah. How is that so?
Speaker 6: Because me, as the outside of looking at it, inside of looking out, season one looks successful. Season one seems successful. It was successful. So how does that make you go into a stressful state going into season two?
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't know if you've looked at the news lately, but it's been it's been, you know, the utter decimation that is happening in Gaza while being uh, you know, a Palestinian created television show with Palestine leading Palestine family within the show.
Speaker 1: It's it's a lot to carry.
Speaker 7: There's a tremendous amount of way to carry What do you talk about when you're not talking about and how.
Speaker 1: Do you not talk about? How do you have to like?
Speaker 7: Yeah, So there was like decisions that I made throughout the writing of the show, specifically for season two, that where I felt were like best to tell the story. My dedication was to the family. My dedication was to be authentic and grounded, like do you talk? Okay, I got to start over this is this is a lot to like cover but you're saying, so after the writing strike, we went back into the room. October first, October seventh happens, and of course you know, the whole world is up in arms.
Speaker 6: It's after COVID O prize to COVID saying before October seventh and Israel will happen.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah, so October seven happens.
Speaker 7: And then like I'm writing a show about a palace to nean family, and you know, everyone wants you to talk about the events, not talk about the events you should or shouldn't. So I had to really think about it, and so I did attempt to do so, like to write a world post October seventh. But that was a very like really unwise route because by the time you film the show and put out the show, a whole entire year plus has passed, so you could be dating yourself. And then second of all is like, if you do talk about that particular event, the whole show becomes about that event. And then if you do it, if you do, you know, go into it and talk about October seven, then you don't have any contexts on what was life like pre October seventh for a Palestinian, right, you know? So I just kept my focus on what I know and what if I experienced firsthand, and that was was going to drive the ship.
Speaker 1: Was my own real.
Speaker 7: Life experience, and that's what's going to inform it not only mine, but my mother's, my father's, my aunts, my uncles, the community around that of course my brother.
Speaker 1: So it just carried so much weight. And even before that happened, I lost my aunt, I lost my uncle, I lost my brother. Yeah, I talked, I lost my brother right before the first season came out, and then before October seventh happened, I lost an aunt and an uncle was like a mom and another father to me. So it was just a tremendous amount of stress to carry, not really stress, I would say grief. It wasn't really like the stress part.
Speaker 7: It was the grief managing the grief that's happening inside while feeling, you know, a you know, a deep love for my people and humans as a whole, and connecting us and trying to bring something together and making something that's so emotionally real and grounded that it resonates.
Speaker 1: And I feel like I did that.
Speaker 7: I feel like I accomplished a big purpose in my life for season two, especially with that last episode, and I was just even very mindful. You talk about like hidding gems within the show. I think some of those things like flew over people's heads. Like there was a dream sequence that happens in episode eight where there's peace throughout the lands coming from my own dreams that come from on the plane heading to Tel Aviv and UH at some point, at some point, you see the melting of guns.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, you see the melting of the guns in this. You see the whole process.
Speaker 7: And I turned into Bob Ross like it's like this really abstract dream that I'm having, And then Bob Ross says, isn't it fantastic? It's amazing what you could do when you change your mind, you can create all kinds of happy thoughts. Yeah, that's nice. No more guns, no more wars. That's isn't that fantastic? Like, but I'm talking to people through Bob Ross. It's the mechanism to say like, hey, it's amazing what you can do and you change your mind, you know, like that's you can create a happy place. And yeah, there's all these like little things that I did throughout the season that that were meaningful and every second was accounter for.
Speaker 1: Genuinely, every second was accounted for. Is there anything you did after the season to be able to try to address those things you might have wanted to address? Yeah, So that's a special.
Speaker 7: So while World comes out October twenty, when this episode comes out, it's already be out. But that was the idea, is that in the special, it's meant to address those things not only what I felt personally, but also the things that are happening around me. So it's not just like as a comedian, yes, you talk about the things you think but also think about, but also you're a student and you're watching everyone around you and you're just taking notes and you're seeing what people are talking about. And once you mention those things on stage on a public platform like that, through that art form, you say the things everybody thinks about but never says out loud, and that's what creates the vibe.
Speaker 1: And the set, you know. So yeah, but I did that. I feel like I did that while world completely and I lost.
Speaker 7: My sister three months, a month before I even filmed that, and I was so stressed out, and I was obsessed with this concept of time, taking us back to the watches and how they work, but also as a fundamentally, time is undefeated, time is fleeting, time flies, You can never go back in time. And I just think about my sister, the loved ones, us as human interactions, like how we are one another and how I could bring that together. And that's why I wrote that bit about time literally the day before I started filming the special, and it was like four pages and like four pages, and I cut it down as much as I could, but that I memorized it the day I'm shooting.
Speaker 1: Literally the day.
Speaker 7: I'm shooting, I'm in the green room, I tell my managers like almost if don't let anybody like, I'm just gonna be sitting here just memorizing what I wrote, and also you got to capture the emotionality of it.
Speaker 1: And be real direct.
Speaker 7: Anything out of order, it's like it's a big wordplay, you know, associated with it as well. So I memorized. I had a teleprompter. I told him to turn off the teleprompter. I've never used the teleprompter for stand up. It should be natural. So I turned that thing off and I just like said fuck it, and I got it.
Speaker 1: I ended up getting it.
Speaker 2: It was very very.
Speaker 7: I couldn't believe I did it. Actually, I couldn't believe. I wrote a whole bit the day before and uh, and I ended up. And it's the closer. It's the entire closer. Yeah, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: You see that all the time.
Speaker 1: Was that a good recap? That was fire?
Speaker 7: It was just I was I was skipping around like crazy. And once you see the time better, you gotta see this. I'm really really And that's the close. It was two things.
Speaker 1: It's like a dedication.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 6: We're on our way here. But listen to all your interviews. I want in one of the interviews, you just.
Speaker 1: Said, man, I want to fuck this guy up when I see him. What do you think I do my research and I'm gonna se you. Okay, that's fine, go ahead, and.
Speaker 6: Today you get the privilege. I'm watching two seconds. You watched a minute in ten seconds.
Speaker 1: It was the Netflix part. Yeah, it's yeah, as they see you.
Speaker 2: That's okay.
Speaker 1: That's not close to one. And this, this, this puts me in a weird position, because why do you say that one doesn't put sight from a weird position.
Speaker 6: No, no, I'm gonna tell you watch I'm gonna tell you why. It puts me in a weird position. Probably this a long time ago. I don't know when. But I have a friend of mine.
Speaker 1: His name is called Arab Can Arab Can, Arab King Ken. Yeah, okay, if you know him, you know him.
Speaker 6: But he has a bunch of us all on a group chat.
Speaker 1: And I don't want to name these people.
Speaker 6: When I when I tell you, and I guess that's when the war started to break out. It was like I want all of y'all to kind of like say, free Palestine, right.
Speaker 1: Is the person I'm referencing also that you're referring to that group chat? No, he was not, not that I know of. Maybe I didn't have his number at the time, So you know how you know only the numbers that you did. You have a numbers you have. I had didn't understand that, and I had.
Speaker 6: Kind of like got out of my own controversy, so I didn't really understand what was going on. But I realized, you know, how serious a rap can was. And I believe that was the last group chat that all of us ever had together.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, deestimated the entire group chat. Is he kind of like took a stand, and that's my man, Like I love him. The stand was that all y'all better say free Palestine.
Speaker 6: Or he was basically I think he was an alternate, but he was like, I need y'all help, right, And a lot of us that's like you. That's like you're saying, it's like you being from the Bronx and the person describing to you beef in Brooklyn. It's just like, even though it's fucking twelve minutes away, it's a totally different perspective.
Speaker 1: So I have to say it, arect, I'm agreeing with you.
Speaker 6: But what I'm trying to say I'm writing down a simplistic way. It's like when you're dealing with industry people like like we were involved and attached to so many different things, and we like it was like post it now and most people were just like they just didn't know what to do. Fast forward, we keep hearing the same thing, keep hearing the same thing. I jog every morning, I see uh, missing people posters posted on on on the wall. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on. What's going on?
Speaker 7: You skipped a lot though ahead, Yeah, no, I so what I'm saying, I just definitely tell you it's very important to be very very.
Speaker 1: Specific in these moments. Yes, things can be taking a yeah October.
Speaker 6: So there's a lot of history in generally so so one of the famous things is, you know, we get to see you know, we get to go on social media and a lot of people could teque a person that I'm pretty much cool with, pretty much called my family, pretty called my friend.
Speaker 1: College. Now, something that's very real special starts out with what God say it don't be scared.
Speaker 6: He's yeah, but that's what you said, right well, first of all, and then and then and then you know, off top for me, we walk in and you say, you know, you look at Boris and you say, you know, Boris looks like me. It's a little bit and Boris says, man, you look like me to a little bit, right, but then me, I kind of thin.
Speaker 1: You in college. Yeah of course. Yeah, So now joke in my life.
Speaker 6: I would like to be quiet, and I would like to you to explain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he skipped over a lot first. It's very very important. These are like the normal uh as Palestinians, the things we experience happening around us.
Speaker 7: It's been happening a long time. There's a lot of history there. They've been fighting for thousands years. Oh my god, like this shit, which is like fucking nausea. All right, it's nobody's fault directly.
Speaker 1: It's just like what the the regularly scheduled program is the same word. It's over and over again.
Speaker 7: So that's what gets captured in the culture, right, what happened after October seventh is just like this big veil has been lifted to show that to a mass mass level because it's been it's happening for a long time. The occupation itself, what palsie endure, the fact that there's an apartheid wall.
Speaker 1: Every single every single you know, respected.
Speaker 7: Institution on earth that makes these judgments are saying this is an apartheid. Palestins can't walk on the street going there. Gadz has been getting bombed for like nineteen years before this October seventh attack had And yes, it's a horrible thing. Yes, all of that is obviously, it's like a normal human reactions say that is a terrible thing. That doesn't erase as well the seventy five plus years of you know, unfair treatment of Palestinians, apartheid, being occupied under not even able to live your life all that.
Speaker 1: So that's been happening, right, So.
Speaker 7: It all comes out to the service October seventh, and I'm using, you know clearly, like it's very very important to note this and I don't want this to be cut out like this requires like a really you know, in depth conversation outside of alcohol respectively, you know, to have it to make sure we're clear so we're not fucking up, because it's very very important and be like mindful of the whole situation, but also with the Palestinians, the history and being precisely important. So just speaking on the culture of what's happened since October seventh, is that, Hey, why don't you speak why are you afraid to speak out? You should say something that's its own thing. There's a lot of pressure that comes with that, being who I am, there's a lot of pressure that happened with that. I feel like people were very impulsive sometimes and very angry, and understandably so, and how they're posting and going about it. It's also important to be mindful, and it's really important, really difficult to be patient, even for a week or two, just to see how things unfold so you can truly articulate yourself, because there is a responsibility with how you post and where you put out into the world that could be interpreted a certain way, looked at a certain way. But when it's a complete decimation of a civilian population, when the entire area is going, when I you know, I always knew I was gonna make it, but I never thought it was gonna be under these circumstances. Where's Sipher seeing this I'm holding, you know, meeting with kids that are just like lost limbs but still cheerful coming from Gaza. I'm old little kid that's three years old, missing his leg. You can tell, like the way he's turned, and I was like he lost his mother as well. There's people who have told me they've lost over two hundred relatives. I met with someone the next day that I was like, what's wrong with him?
Speaker 1: I asked the question. I saw him like had a real, like this gaze in his eye.
Speaker 7: He's lost, right, And he's just like, oh, he's just lost thirty seven family members yesterday and one night.
Speaker 1: And he's like, God, what you are just still keeping his faith in he man.
Speaker 7: Now that being said, all these things are happening that I did a very very quick summation of that. Please forgive me if I miss something, and I know I missed a lot, but just to capture just how fucked up this thing is happening. And you have the most famous figure in the world this happens to be Palestinian, which is DJ Khaled, and everyone just sees he's completely silent, and not only on top of that, the people are starved, don't have food, don't have access to things, and he's showing how much food he has, how much it's not even like, Okay, you're not gonna say anything, Well, don't fucking be so grotesque with this, because this is so insensitive. Everybody looks like a lot of a lot of Palasan can look up to you. How would you do this now if your people are being decimated down the street, wouldn't you say something?
Speaker 1: Wouldn't you acknowledge that exists? Advocate if he's not a politician, Like I don't want to be a politician either. I don't want to be that. You're a human being.
Speaker 7: I don't want to be a gross I'm not a politician. He should not be a politician says anything about politics. It's a simple thing. But like, this is horrific. I am so torn up about this happening. Just like he's doing the polar opposite. Something you gotta you have to say something, and how you say it and when you say it is everything you know. So it's just like what he could have gained as a real human right now, I see as a caricature, like George Lopez is saying, Oh rapaos, this guy's This guy's a young Mexican American stand up comedian. That's like, you know, doing this thing you should show left to. You should know who he is, you should acknowledge look at like, at least know who they are. You don't have to be like best friend with them, but that's how you lift each other up and for you not tacknowledge that whole thing and then to go about yourself in that way makes it look really bad. Now that being said, what me opening the show DJ call is not intended to be like for real, like for real fuck you.
Speaker 1: It's how the people feel.
Speaker 7: There's a reason why literally all over the planet when I do that opening line.
Speaker 1: People are just like because I that's how they actually feel. They're like most of the people they know your struggle, like where they come in to see you're.
Speaker 2: One of your Palestinian, where your family comes from.
Speaker 1: There you do that, you it's just like it's uh shocking, it's over, it's like beyond shocking.
Speaker 7: It's so people, it's unforgivable. Now, that's how they feel. And I'm just as a commentator on the culture. You you say, what's what everybody's thinking about, and that's what that is also too. And so if you introduce me so when he see the guys completely not there, you know, like as far as conversation though I don't even know if it's I don't know who's the real cat, Like I don't know, does he really walk around like that?
Speaker 6: I don't know, football, But are you supposed to connect with him because you probably.
Speaker 1: Because like I'm just just be honest with you.
Speaker 6: I remember it's not about white here, but I remember my wife used to introduce me to like her her girlfriends.
Speaker 1: The boyfriends like to try to hang out with him, but he smokes weed. I'm like, you know, it's way deeper. Yeah, Like that's like saying a black guy like like just because he's black. I'm just I'm not sure off a month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you have the black man, no though, right, I got that nod, you got the black you see a black man, I got that club.
Speaker 7: You didn't see that when you see another area, Like, I don't know what's said, and I'll be keep some kind of acknowledged and pros fucking dope what you're doing like in the in in that world and this world. I just wanted to just be like, I'm probably, let's dope. Have you accomplished in this world and genre? Like people look up to you and the fact that you don't even acknowledge that it's crazy. Your man, so to speak, is that the top African American standup comedian can't be friends with the best hip hop artists and they overlap their both in the entertainment industry.
Speaker 1: How would you not know each.
Speaker 7: Other Kanye David Chappelle where they wearing the bear all that ship like that's a that's a fan. Yeah, exactly, it's a community that you build that you can build off that. The fact that you don't even acknowledge that was is very, very hurtful. So so not saying that he has a responsible that he has to live his life, he has to make a living.
Speaker 1: Those things some way too. His position, right, he is in his position.
Speaker 6: That's that's that's actually that's actually put it in his Why do you think he's not speaking out?
Speaker 1: I don't know, he can only say that I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's not.
Speaker 1: You know, everyone that's on the streets is like, oh, he's worried about his money. You know.
Speaker 7: That's what the word is between Like I asked them, I don't assume what somebody else is going through and if he is going through in light. So I also at the end of the special, I opened the door. I'm not I'm not like saying fuck you, I'm gonna fuk you up. It's probably what I feel like happened when you read is me riffing on stage trying to find the joke before I early version of that, and I'm just working it out.
Speaker 1: That's I told you. No I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I'm saying that, Yeah, I'm working out the joke. What it is because of what I was noticing is that there's a lot of things going on. And that's why it's such a part of the special. It's not it's my own first hand experience. It's what the people are saying, why people feel how they feel, not just Arabs. I'm telling you, like and I in Dublin, it was like one hundred percent of white people, bro.
Speaker 1: Everybody. When I said that they understand it right away.
Speaker 7: I'm talking about everyone that understands what's going on, knows that they don't like him for they can't believe it. And if find it really over the top without even like mentioning, you know, he'll understand what he's doing. He'll communicate in different ways, like love is the only way, you know. I know he's trying to He's like trying to tell people like love is only way is how we can persevere. But love is not just enough to solve everything, you know, It's just.
Speaker 2: Not This isn't me as an outsider who's who was very close to cal It and now I'm close to Mo and then I feel caught in a bad position.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, trying to be Switzerland, but you're not. I'm just story from what I did Mark, from what I see.
Speaker 3: I see.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he knows this or not. Cal It, I don't know if he knows this or not. But me with this guy for the last year, those people that come see him and they express it are very hurt about DJ Khalen. You know what I'm saying that when he says that on stage, I can't speak for him. I can't speak for him. I'm watching as an outsider, and I'm watching the audience and they're very because they say it after the show. They like what they say. You know him, right, I go, yeah, I know him. Why does he say anything? I can't answer that. I don't know why, but they're very hurt. That's somebody from that culture, that from that place. However, you say it correctly, and I know more than anyone else you can. I know more than everyone else because I wrote with him, and I hear all his conversations with all these different people we had a conversation with these doctors that were on the ground in God's I have to leave the room. Wrong started crying, and like, I'm watching these people when they speak about Calid. They're very hurt.
Speaker 6: So I don't know how, but maybe let's let me be Devil's advocate one more time. Maybe, And I know I'm gonna sound very naive right now, but just hit me out. Maybe he knows it, but he doesn't know it, right, Is that a possibility.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to be That's what I've said that because I'm trying.
Speaker 1: To be genuinely the case. I don't even know what the fuck to make of that, Like, it's such an insane thing to say that someone whose pousing doesn't understand, especially someone who clearly likes palasing food he talks about it, I want to quit a clue ad. It's called called m kluba by the way, And just like he's constantly referencing Arab food like that, and you know, God bless his family, his mother.
Speaker 7: I've seen him poast with his mom. God bless her, you know, and nothing like that is so the real respect and you have to maintain that. What I was saying is capturing what literally that entire universe is thinking.
Speaker 1: Okay, so could I do?
Speaker 7: And the part about Slavish Germany, I'm building a bit. Somebody recorded that put that on trying to get baits. So how about what does that not mean? I'm just trying to think of it.
Speaker 1: I'll do a celebrity chops and kind I'm trying to take a solution. Do you think it's left for you to be a conversation with you and him?
Speaker 7: Of course, of course that's the whole point. That's what the end of the special one, the time bit. I'm not he's not I say, he's not the one. It's weird, good, great, I said, he's not the only one behind the times as many many other ones. I'm not gonna mention names. Seinfeld. I believe what you said was I don't care about Palestine. Well, Jerry, I care about everyone. And it's better to kill time than kill with your time. Festivus for the rest of us. I used to watch that show on much simpler times. Festivus for the rest of us. I used to watch that show on much simpler times. I'm saying, like yo.
Speaker 1: With George.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when George Fidy.
Speaker 1: Think I don't know. That's the whole point everything. I'll tell you, I'll tell you. I'll tell you one portion of the time.
Speaker 7: Bit so I say, I say the part the part before that, I say, I say, if you really care about I want another You should check in on each other from time to time. My mother always says, if you love me, show me. And that's why I'm so frustrated with DJ Khaled.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's really no, really, he's Palestini, He's one of us, and instead of being with the times, he's behind the times.
Speaker 7: And for this guy, it's always dinner time. I know, I know it's a fat on fat crime. I didn't want to say this. You know who put it in my heart.
Speaker 1: God did.
Speaker 7: But he's not the only one behind the times. There's many, many other ones, not gonna name names. Seinfeld, I believe what you said was I don't care about Palestine. Well, Jerry, I care about everyone. And it's better to kill time than kill with your time Festivus for the rest of us. I used to watch that show on much simpler times. And what does it say about these times that the world trusts Miss Rachel more than New York Times. Yes, yes, Welcome, Welcome, This is real, real time with moammer. I hate to break it to you, folks, but we're all gonna die. You could say we're here for a limited time. Only time is of the essence. I could go on and on, but unfortunately I'm almost out of time because it's prime time and the clock's taking. We're on borrow time, and every second counts. We're down to the wire, and in this life there's no overtime. So I always remember the one who transcends space and time. And next thing you know, there's no more time. We thought we're a big time but we're actually small time, and now we're pressed for time. It's a race against time.
Speaker 1: That's one of this.
Speaker 7: Yeahs a race against time, against time. I'm hired up, but it's like it's a race against time. And now now you're running out of time, and now it's high time, it's go time, it's crunch time. It's the end of times until next time, myrtle free palace time. That's what you gotta watch it to understand the rest of you gotta cut that a little bit.
Speaker 1: Sorry already, but it's like it's not but that's the that's the thing I left.
Speaker 7: I left the door open because I'm saying, like, yo, he's fousting, bro, like what's happening, whatever it is, and what I was saying on tours like, no, it's very sad because if he feels like he's gonna lose everything, when reality is you'll gain everything. And sometimes you have to lose everything to get everything. That's just how it is. And all the grades have done it, so Muhammad Ali grades have done it. So for him, that's like, you know, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's like, it's okay sometimes just sometimes watches not everything you didn't have to be That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: It's not nobody's asking him to be that, but just not acknowledging that you're even Palestinian to humanize it in such a beautiful way. And the fact that he makes all these relationships and he has all these relationships, he has a big, big opportunity and instead of like tapping into that and getting into that, it seems like I'm not saying it is seems like you're all about the fucking money, and that's what the concern I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's what it looks like. I'm not annoying as your friend, I'm not, and a lot of us are all about the money.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, I mean like yeah, I'm saying it's well, it comes as a price, and then you shouldn't be mad when somebody says, okay, DJ, that's what I'm saying. And it's not even meant like for real, like fuck you, like it does not like that. It's like, hey, i know we're all thinking this, you know, like that's what the whole thing is about. I know you might want to take another drink.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll bring it the house. That'd be hilarious if he just walks out right now, it's actually him. The one thing I will say, but I'm not. The one thing I will say the only way moment is.
Speaker 6: I don't understand politics, so I don't like, but I want to support it when I'm supposed to be.
Speaker 7: I'm saying that you don't support policy. It's not about politics. It's about people. It's about human beings. I don't even talk about politics. I'm not even talking about politics. I'm talking about the whoever's hearts are hardened, you know. And you've seen these images on a regular basis where so many children so many men, women and children that are just completely decimated, literally eviscerated by these bombs and technology. I mean, these doctors that they came to the show, they're doctors. They're not even palasting, They're from different backgrounds. They're talking about how like fucking drones are coming and they're like making like sounds of a baby crying. And then somebody comes out to think that there's a baby out there.
Speaker 1: And they get shot. What are you talking about?
Speaker 7: And then the way the shots are is like it's four guns like this, and he shoots, you know, four bullets, so he hits all the vital organs with the belamchtungs like that, hits all the void of organs. Like that's nuts, you know, Like, how do you I'm just trying to be a comedian and tell stories, and for some reason, I'm in this position and God put me here in this scenario, in this situation, and I'm just really trying to do the best I can. I mean, the guy who helped deliver my son is Jewish. He was hilarious. I didn't even realize it was gonna happen. I have no problem with Jewish people or anything like this at all. It's very very sad to see, like the inability to have a conversation, you know, that is so wild to me. If you can't even have logic or see me as an equal, it's just then you know, we can't even be friends, you know.
Speaker 1: Me, I always you know, I'm pretty much probably gonna end it with this, but but you know, it's really quiet when you can hear the air conditioning, you know why? You know why?
Speaker 6: I mean, I would rather discuss it with a person like you, like I couldn't like, No, I would say, discuss it with somebody much much better than me.
Speaker 7: I'm just a comedian. You know, you should discuss it with somebody much much better than me. I can, but it's just people that have a very sophisticated knowledge and understand.
Speaker 2: It, you know. No, I'm just staying. I'm around it so much because I've been with this guy for a long time, and I hear him talking to all these different people, and I try to tell him, there's a lot of people on our side that don't know anything about this stuff. They don't even know where these places are, you know what I'm saying. They don't even know where any of it. They don't know what you're talking about, And like I try to tell them, you can't get mad at these people that don't know the situation. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm not no, not you.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, we talked to so many people about this, and I'm just like, you gotta.
Speaker 1: How distracted can we all be at the same time?
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 7: That's everybody who's to know, but talk about what's happening. And there's like a Mexican guy in the audience, It's like, what are you talking about? What's heberting and Palastine bro something going on.
Speaker 1: Like his algorithm, you know, religious it's not plenty of Palestinian Christians at our Dians.
Speaker 2: Weld there's so many. Yeah, yeah, it's a crazy situation. Yes, I just I just try to tell them, don't get mad at people if they don't know what's going on. Just try to get the message to because yeah, like some of his fans he got like in America. We was in the Middle East, that was completely different, But in America it'd be like a lot of row a lot of Palestinians, a lot of Muslims.
Speaker 1: Living there living in America about the shows not the shows.
Speaker 2: But then they'll also be like wild groups of Mexicans that just love the show. Yeah yeah, and they're hearing all this stuff and they're like what's going on. Yeah, they're just like enjoying the comedy show because they're like more because like it's a Texas Palasadian Texas and it'll.
Speaker 1: Be like you know.
Speaker 2: And then when we were in Ireland, it's just like the Irish people are like one per like.
Speaker 1: Well they could.
Speaker 2: So there's Irish people with Palestinian flags and I'm like, this.
Speaker 1: Is yeah, Irish issue, of course, of course, you know. I love Dublin.
Speaker 7: The entire tour has been spectacular, like for real, like we I don't know how many countries we hit up in Europe, but over a dozen for sure, plus and I don't know how many shows, but it just it's a it's an extremely diverse crowd. The entire thing was like, I mean, Dublin was like it was like a lot of places where it was just white people and I be walking down the street and must the person receiving me like, what are you doing here? I was like, I did it, So I just did a show as whole it's just you had a show like all the white people bought the tickets first, you know, like it was it's a it's becoming That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's like it's becoming a much much bigger thing where I've been talking about this stuff and now people are like going, oh, oh, I get it, and it's just in my stand up.
Speaker 2: But I just like, you know, he does a great job of balancing, so let me get the best show. That's still funny, bro, It's still a comedy show even though he's talking about all this heavy stuff and not only the heavy stuff, he's also talking about his family and having a baby and all that stuff. But it's still funny, which is amazing that he could do that.
Speaker 7: That's like, really the biggest trick is like you have something that's incredibly dense, and how do you make this into it? Like that's that's like the walking the tyrope thing. That's the thing where you look up at the standards that you love and you grew up watching, like how are you gonna.
Speaker 1: Do this now?
Speaker 7: You know, get yourself out of this thing? You know, Like it's that's part of the fun though too, it's agonizing was really not fun the whole entire process was not fun. Snife saw me, he goes, you're fucking miserable. I'm miserable all the time, am I line?
Speaker 1: This year has been roughs crazy rough.
Speaker 7: I had to get off. I think after I finished the specially, he looked at me. It was like, I see like this thing off of you. I'm so happy to see it because he said, he said I missed my friend. That shit fucking broke my heart. He was like, I missed my friend. I was like, ship man, I don't even know who I am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's great, that's a good stood stay. We're going to go to DJ Cow's house after this all.
Speaker 2: Oh, that would be incredible.
Speaker 7: So you know what, I love the fact you guys drink only the best alcohol and also the best water.
Speaker 2: You have to have both.
Speaker 7: The company I want to deal with Mountain Valley because this is my wife's favorite water mountain. When I'm parched, there's nothing better than a nice Mountain Valley. It has the right alkaline levels and it's completely natural, and it's in a glass bottle. It's perfect, so there's no microplastic that you ingest while having the freshest best water ever. Also, a green bottle, which I love because it makes you warm, feel smart. It reminds me of olive oil, Mountain Valley, get refreshed.
Speaker 1: All right, cut it. Actually it is expensive, bro, I have to do it. Go ahead, bro, just give me a cut, Bro, give me a cut. Yeah, that that was. That was fucking awesome. Do you believe in that water ship or no? Yes?
Speaker 7: Yeah, water ship? You mean like makeup of your body? Yes, you believe in that water this I don't know why I always channeled like Eddie Murphy.
Speaker 2: Yeah you heard that more? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why you drinking water? Yeah? Of course I believe in water. You're crazy, you crazy man. Of course I believe in water. Who the hell don't drink water? You gotta have water? Would you do? I'm gonna get so many comments about this? Killed was then?
Speaker 7: Would you do playing the dude disguise another dude? How do you feel about that? As uh as being you as a black man in America? That he played that r Do you feel about this?
Speaker 1: Killed it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah he did kill it? Yeah he killed that Robert down Jack Black in that movie, killed the ship Cocaine. I'll do whatever you want. Remember the whole day he did the nutty professor farts over. Remember you don't remember what is his seguey? You know that?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Jack Black played the guy.
Speaker 6: He was called mister Farce or whatever, but he was playing every single role in that movie. In that sketch, that was him making fun of the nutty professor. Oh, I'm deep man, Come on, man, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, catch up man.
Speaker 7: Geography politics, fuck that. I don't give a ship about the trade routes? And what is Asia? What is the Middle East? What is Africa? What is your I'm her fun about know that profestivals for the rest of us, I believe I know what?
Speaker 1: So what number?
Speaker 2: What season? That was?
Speaker 1: Some watches watched your son that turboice the Rainbow to woman man ah.
Speaker 7: So I'm on this group chat with the f p's and I'm like, yo, I want that f feef f P I don't want that.
Speaker 1: People. Do you want to come on the market?
Speaker 7: Just let me know what you think about this UAE watch is only seventy five minutes. Very important, It's very very important. Humbos What the fuck is humbost? Do you like chocolate humbos? Pineapple humbles?
Speaker 1: The way you segue from one thing to the other is fucking I'm president. This shit is hilarious. Bro, can we FaceTime calib right now, let's do it.
Speaker 2: I'll do it.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm just edit it out. No, I'm doing don't do He's gonna be He's gonna be very mad at you. No, IoT, you just face silence because you know what I want to say that after I want to say this. I know who you are. I know who you are as a person. I know who you are as a person who loves your people, and I know we were playing around, but this is not a playing around situation. So I would like to approach it. Approach you very serious. You know what I'm saying. Because one.
Speaker 6: Me knowing Colin on the other side, I just don't feel like I think he knows how to approach it or he knows how to go about it now.
Speaker 1: As a person who's been in that situation, who's probably.
Speaker 6: In that situation right now with a whole nother thing, sometimes you don't just know how to, like because it's a situation, just address it. Sometimes you got to sit back and say, oh, fuck, you know, let me think about it now. In this situation, I can't relate that to that, right, What I'm saying is overall I can relate to that, like I can relate to maybe not registering the drama when you caught the drama, but I'm catching the same drama. It might catch me, It caught you on Monday, it might catch me Tuesday night, right, still catching me.
Speaker 1: Within that twenty four asters. So that's just all.
Speaker 6: I want to give him a benefit of a doubt because I just one man of a sent don't think that he's the person that people are describing now.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not describing him as a terrible person.
Speaker 7: I never said this. So you just like you keep I feel like you keep going back to the same thing. I'm definitely I don't think people. Maybe I can't speak for other people, but I don't think he's a terrible person or a horrible human being or anything like that.
Speaker 1: I really, I really don't believe that.
Speaker 7: I do think that you know that the world and the way season and the commenting on it in the end, you know, you just for for not being present at all in this situation, not even you know. I wish everyone be like it kills me all that whatever it is is you're going to have to take some lumps for that.
Speaker 1: I think that's the whole.
Speaker 3: Thing.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to keep talking about. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 6: So I mean for us, because when you go back to that and make the people watching the understand it, we were done. Yeah, we've done it, because you know what we're talking about something else that was more fun. It's about giving you your flowers. Man, Like you know, I can't tell you how much I thought I knew you just for me a special, both of the specials. I watched those back to back. I tried to like, outdo you like when I met you? I wanted to know you, mean like I wanted to be like you remember episode seven. I wanted to do that type of ship you. I'm like, no, I really appreciate that. It means a lot to me because I do it feels very lonely out here sometimes. So it's very very nice, always amazing to lonely out there. As far as what you know, I'm saying, like, just making your show like this felt very both.
Speaker 1: It was a it was a very unique connected with people.
Speaker 7: Absolutely no, no, no. The tours where I'm talking about the pre right like pre the during the It's like going out on a ledge not knowing what's gonna happen. Yeah, exactly, And then you watch it and you're like, oh, this is I'm very proud of this is. I can't wait for this to come out and then to see reactions on to you it is you put out an album, not a comedian. But when you go on tour, you see the reaction from the crowd and you see how much of the lyrics.
Speaker 1: Just made it clear to me.
Speaker 6: Today I'm performing the same material, Yes, exactly, material I clearly separated, clearly said you're in I'm in one a nor we go back to fourth.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much, thank you really appreciate it, man, Sifer, thank you.
Speaker 1: For putting out. Thank you. I'm so happy.
Speaker 2: I love you, bro. I feel I'm here with my brothers man, all in different worlds.
Speaker 1: So thanks you your flowers.
Speaker 6: Man, because because what you're doing, how you standing tall, and where you add in life, it's not easy.
Speaker 1: That ship is not easy. It's not.
Speaker 6: Somewhere everyone else is gonna get in life. And as a person who's done this, I was one of the first people to work with the Neptunes on a high scale level. Not the first people to work with them period. There's other people that working them, but I put them in my video. I was one of the other first people to work with Swiss beats. It's one of the other first people to work reggaeton when everyone said you're an idiot, you dad do that. And I was also one of the first people to work with podcasts other than these guys right there, I'm talking about artists wise.
Speaker 1: So with you being.
Speaker 6: First Palestinian comedian like you are the mountain rushmore, the mount rushing more for your people, for your or the starts with you, that's some fucking real heavy.
Speaker 1: It's that belt.
Speaker 6: Seen them belts, they gave that to us. But your belts is around you all fucking day. It's never gonna stop. It's never gonna.
Speaker 1: Slow down.
Speaker 6: You are a person for your people. You are a person that's representing your people, and you are a person that your people put in the forefront and it said, this is the person we want for us to talk talk to. And I'm telling you that responsibility is very heavy. Responsibility is very real, and responsibility is something that we're gonna support. Big feel you got big shoes to feel and I'm sorry that maybe you don't understand it's you're a political comedian, not you're not. But but the fact that how you broke down everything that we didn't.
Speaker 1: Understand, it makes you that, like D. L.
Speaker 6: Hugley is a political community, regardless if he wants to accept it or not.
Speaker 1: And it's not, no, it's not it's not is a wrong word, it's it's the wrong you're all weirdest comedian. You're making us aware, yeah, thoughtful comedian.
Speaker 6: Thoughtful awareness, whatever, because you're making us aware to things that we don't actually know.
Speaker 1: Well, it's very hard to respond to any of this. It just makes me a little itchy.
Speaker 7: I really really appreciate you saying that if I'm just too close to the elephant, you know, I can't see the elephant, but I understand the significance and the importance of it at the same time. Like I'm a comedian, I'm a filmmaker, I'm a director, I'm I'm thoughtful. I try to be thoughtful in my in my stand up, and wanted to talk about at the end, you gotta be funny, you gotta know the r form, you love it, and you touch upon many many subjects so I do protest on this political common thing and the next one, I don't even know what I'll do as far as stand up is concerned, but you know which direction is going to go. But this is, you know, the responsibility. I feel like it's just capture the time. Just keep going to that. And that's what this special is about. But caps this moment in time, and I have zero desire, absolute minus fucking minus desire.
Speaker 1: To be known as a guy.
Speaker 7: Damn political commedia at all, whatsoever. I think by nature, I think by nature who I am. It just makes it that way. Like when I come on this podcast, nobody look at it. Look look at this whole product. How much politics can they actually take it?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 7: It gets very serious, very good. That's fine, I'm saying. I'm just telling you what my sharing with you. So she's been not telling you.
Speaker 1: I'm sharing my experience of just trying to do stand up, but it always turns into this thing. And and I think that this special was to put that to better understand.
Speaker 6: Like you know, but but but let me let me big you up before we get up out of here. That's a special thing to teach people and to make them laugh at the same time. There's nothing like that, just so you know that, like like uh uh, I don't watch First forty eight because I don't laugh at first for well.
Speaker 1: Some of those situations are pretty fun. I mean, not the war being.
Speaker 6: But when you can entertain me and school me, it's the best fucking thing in the world.
Speaker 1: So that's what I think is your the best trade about you.
Speaker 7: It's like, well, that being said, I'm gonna do Dumb and Dumber three. I already signed the deal for it. I'm gonna I'm just talking.
Speaker 6: About but I just want to say, man, thank you man for continue to do what you do. Man, Thank you you man.
Speaker 1: Man. We're gonna keep going, Man, we keep going. Man, You're exciting to say the only way to go. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Exactly. That's an episode of dream Time. You see you Next time say we will have Miss rachel Tea.
Speaker 4: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs ll C production hosts and executive producers n O.
Speaker 1: R E and dj E f f N.
Speaker 4: Listen to Drink Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs. Hosted by Yours Truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real Noriagon, I g at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on I g at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com