Speaker 1: Yah, what's up? You're offing God's Country with your.
Speaker 2: Boy breath and is Born, also known as the Brothers Hunt, where we take on Winkland Drive to the intersection of country.
Speaker 3: Music and the great outdose.
Speaker 4: Don't know what you doing?
Speaker 1: Two things that go together like post malone and possibly being an alien.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or a whole lot of hard work and people saying must be nice, must be nice, must be the ice, must be a nice bloodline.
Speaker 3: And also two things that go together like.
Speaker 1: Kovas and this podcast raising us. Come on now, let's get to car I'm out sponsorman the show Now Baby's Cova sponsorm this show Now Baby, look.
Speaker 4: Good with khakis or your jeans when they're colored.
Speaker 3: Up in blue? Anywhere worth going is worth going in?
Speaker 2: Good Boom sponsor Cova sponsorman the show now Baby.
Speaker 1: Co sponsoring the show Now Baby sponsoring show Make him Down, Spots, made it out, made it out right?
Speaker 3: Zoom in on that ray.
Speaker 1: I can't he's not even back though, right, Give us a dog bark too, Baby crying close to the same. We gotta get you some more back there. We gotta get something programmed. Hey man to Cova's the show Now Baby may have some Uh, I don't know if the word is some some Lizzies might be coming our way, some lizzy skinnies, Lisbians, some Lisbians, Lizzy's skinnies.
Speaker 3: I don't know if we can put that in there.
Speaker 1: Sure Lizzie's coming our way, dude to Covia's.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie. I'm probably the most comfortable boot on right now.
Speaker 4: I got the double, the old extra wide. Oh yeah, my guys are just just comfortable. Yeah, they're just hanging out in there, no stress.
Speaker 1: Mine was the dean and I didn't know if these were gonna stretch or anything, but they kind of like conformed to my foot.
Speaker 3: It's a weird thing and feel amazing.
Speaker 4: I was feeling the same thing. It's kind of like, uh, kind of like it's a nice little cushion, like you're just walking in a pillow.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: What they say, what they say, can't have a good time and a pair of bad boots, And I'm having a great time today a pair of and a pair of really good boots.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you all to Covis.
Speaker 4: Be very excited when these guys came in.
Speaker 3: You said that last time didn't do it.
Speaker 1: Muskie down Bloodline, Charlie and Gary Killers Killers Man.
Speaker 4: You know, it's just fun to sit with someone who heard it. And I'm not saying that our other guests didn't. They clearly have it, but speaking to them as well our other guests, it's fun to sit in a room with guys that just plowed and pushed and the town knows it. Everybody knows it absolutely and are rooting for them based upon them. Yeah, I mean we're I'm rooting. I don't have a single song on this record, could care less. I'm rooting for these guys because I know how hard they work, and I know how hard it is to get anything going in this town.
Speaker 1: Their single ten to ninety is was the most was the most added at country radio. It's just broke the top fifty smoke great song. Might give you a little snippet of that in the podcast. Gary's just about killed a turkey in literally every state in the United States.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, but he's progressed, and I remember seeing him get real hot about turkey hunting and just want to kill stuff all the time. And it's changing. It's changing on him even today. When you asked him that question, he just was like you know what, man, If I do, I do, If I don't, I don't. I love that answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And he's having a baby here pretty soon, so he's trying to get in while I can. Just a great episode, great hang. You'll really enjoy it, So make sure you listen.
Speaker 3: To the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Proud of those boys.
Speaker 3: Make also sure make make also make sure, make sure also.
Speaker 1: That you go and uh follow us on TikTok.
Speaker 3: Kind of viral, kind of viral every every every week, pretty viral.
Speaker 1: These uh follow us on TikTok, foll us on Instagram, fall us on Facebook, follow us on YouTube, and uh leave us a five star rating. Roast us and you may get shouted out on this podcast. Yo dy yo, hit me with that roast.
Speaker 4: Big Dog Tim C from t N Harden County Escape. It is the name of this TMC. Do need Timc's Who could that be.
Speaker 3: Tim Curry? Is there Tim Curry? That's timc Yep, could be timc.
Speaker 4: But sending goodvice from Michigan. The guys don't hear it, but we actually applaud the end of the show because it's over. Two guys once compared smash Burger's to McDonald's and referred to their middle school careers on on camera. That's funny middle school careers. Yeah, that's funny. But hey, I think their dad. I have their dad to think for years of great sermons and baptism, so they can't be all that bad. Love the show, guys. Congrats on all you guys have achieved. May the best days be yet to come. Send in good vibes from Michigan. Take Care five stars. The second one is curing car sickness. Yeah, rj Ins twenty. The fact that Dan cured his most carsick moment with a pile of barbecue at the top of a mountain in North Carolina is It's all inspiring. These kind of life lessons are invaluable to the American people. You might you might may only find a lesson in one out of ten episodes. Just hanging in there. You'll get some solid country music knowledge in the process. Right, there's no nice guys. That's good. I like no nice guys. That's good, No l C references. Proud of that. Yep, you guys are stabbing it up. It's getting better. That's right.
Speaker 1: We're our own entity around here. Curry in God's Country. Gotta be Tim Curry, Thank you all.
Speaker 3: For hanging out.
Speaker 4: We love you.
Speaker 3: Enjoy Musky down bloodline to.
Speaker 1: Call that spotsman the show, baby Ray, give me thunderstrike, you just put them give me a thunderstra faded it out, not even close.
Speaker 4: We're working on it, just like we like it. Peace.
Speaker 6: Do you think, oh, we're already rolling, dude, I'm gonna unplug this clock.
Speaker 4: Keep going.
Speaker 5: No. I saw, uh, they we're playing somewhere like at a booth for I guess for for met Eat or something. And that was like the first picture I saw and I was like, Dan had a hat on that short haired I was like, look at this guy, this guy I had.
Speaker 4: Are you getting tired? Everybody telling me how ansome? I look around.
Speaker 3: You because I'm you are hot now. I stay high. I've been hot, Stay high, I tell everybody.
Speaker 4: I went from like, uh, like cool music guy with long hair to like it t tech dad like overnight, and I was like, I gotta get this together, you know. So I do hate the gym still. I hate it every day every day I go. I hate. I don't understand people that are like, oh I.
Speaker 3: Can't wait, but it's helpful, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess. Yeah, my shirts fit. You know that helps, and I mean for me, it's just like trying to stay alive, feel better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jim guys, big Jim guy. I go through phases.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wouldn't say like I'm not like getting there, you know, flexing in the mirror everything.
Speaker 3: But it's just like it's just a content.
Speaker 5: It's been a part of like just like my daily routine, uh for a while. I mean I probably go five days a week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's early morning late.
Speaker 5: When I can get it in this you know this schedule. It's like if I can find an hour and a half window.
Speaker 4: Enjoy that because that's about to be over.
Speaker 3: Oh it's over. Get that turkey.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I always just take well, I just I lose like twenty pounds every turkey season is just all walking or whatever. Hardly eating you too.
Speaker 3: Dang right, get ready to gain it.
Speaker 1: Congrats on that you're about to have a baby. Right, Yeah, that's the whole part.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know where it was like it could be both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got country music duo Turkey hunting heiling from South Alabama is mobillions right, Yeah, come on now, Big fish Catching most recently opened for post Malone in the Stadium tour, joining Laney out on her twenty twenty five tour, recently had the most added song of country radio ten ninety. We've got Musky Dome blood line?
Speaker 3: What else? Come on? Man?
Speaker 4: Thats is this a little more professional than the last time we were on the podcast with us?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, dude.
Speaker 7: We were at the Sony Room too, and it was still good. It was firehouse right, fire hall, firehouse subs.
Speaker 4: I remember us talking a lot about aliens.
Speaker 3: That did we go off on a for like an hour?
Speaker 4: We would just go back then we would go.
Speaker 3: For hours, like what's this episode about it?
Speaker 7: I remember too Iket bringing up like c W, my buddy c W.
Speaker 5: Who's this guy? Yeah, he lives, he lives seven different lines.
Speaker 3: I just remember that you still bud?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he's.
Speaker 3: Still the guy. Do y'all know do y'all know the peevies? Have we talked about this dude?
Speaker 7: We've never officially met, like everyone like it's it's so.
Speaker 3: Many people maybe were like, dude, you got to get up with Jake Like he's like the coolest dude ever, Like he loves country music.
Speaker 1: I've never we've never crossed paths he's got that Dolphin, they've got that studio Dolphin Street.
Speaker 4: I got you. He's never I don't there right now, he's doing all that stuff with the well being at work.
Speaker 3: That place is killer though, killer.
Speaker 1: That whole block, that whole strip is is mos is still right there.
Speaker 4: I'm guessing. Yeah, that's awesome, man. I love most wings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, smoke wings, buddy.
Speaker 5: It's funny. He's got property up close to g's been more close for my parents. That's where we yeah, yeah, and so it's get close to it and right there and uh it's in h Wilcox County, but he uh, everyone in the area like says where they live based on you know where Peev's at.
Speaker 3: Right, So it's like that block over there, we're about two miles out.
Speaker 1: Dude, we were we were headed down there, and I don't know if you're talking about the same property, but but he he sold this this big property. But it was five thousand acres and he had a replica like softball field of the big green Monster and all that, and uh, like a like a saloon style buildings and all this stuff.
Speaker 4: It was. It was awesome.
Speaker 1: But we were headed down there one time and we ran out of gas, had flat No, we ran out of gas one time.
Speaker 4: We had a flat tower. The other time we ran Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I'm talking about like it's it's for what four hours, four and a half hours to get down there something.
Speaker 4: Like that to.
Speaker 5: Catherine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably like four or five, four or five, so it's late.
Speaker 1: I mean, like we we wrote we were headed down to a guy's we can used to have with all his buddies and a bunch of baseball players and stuff. And we ran out of gas probably ten minutes down almost there in the middle of nowhere, dude, zero service, nothing, and we had to sit there. We were trying to push We tried to push your jeep up that heel to.
Speaker 3: Get it momentum, to try to get as close as we boss.
Speaker 1: We're freaking out and ended up I had to hitchhik a ride from some random cat and.
Speaker 3: The same thing. Like I was like, I got in and he was like, where are you trying to go?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: And I was like, I was like, man, you know, he.
Speaker 1: Was like the baseball players have I was like, I was like, yes, He's like, I hop in.
Speaker 4: I was terrified, dude. It was because the setup was like one thirty in the morning, you know how there ain't no stay in the street, like, ain't there there's nothing out of there, nothing. And a car came up and where he was like, you know, they were talking it out or whatever, and I just like slipped in my pistol and he just rode with my pistol in his pocket like legit.
Speaker 3: Pointed at the guy like, hey man, God didn't even know. Don't kill me.
Speaker 4: But wasn't there like some some mildly sketched conversation that went down a little bit. Yeah, I don't remember it.
Speaker 1: I do remember the tire going, the tire going, remember, and it was it's sand, right, so it's an not like hard paying it's that sand off the shoulder of the road. And we kept on trying to jack your truck up and then kept on kept on falling off.
Speaker 3: Jack got terrible, terrible. Yeah, I'm glad anyways, never met Yeah. Yeah, he's a legend from uh. Yeah, y'all say you just got off y'all, just got off the.
Speaker 7: Road, yesh, where'd you? Where were you at last weekend? We were in Kansas City and Omaha.
Speaker 3: Are y'all are y'all busting?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, we've been busting for a few years now.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 1: That's cooler than the sprinter. Are y'all playing how many shows a weekend? You're playing just too too.
Speaker 7: We just played fifty shows a year now, like we've like had this like little like let's let's just keep our like mentals intact.
Speaker 3: You know, because we came from the days of.
Speaker 7: Doing one hundred and fifty and yeah in a van like three four days a week, and you're just like, what do I do it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: This is crazy our kind of things, Like it's it's uh uh how to say it. It's not uh too much to where like man, we're killing ourselves and it's not too less to be like dang, I wish we were playing.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like a medium.
Speaker 5: It's like get up with the boys for a couple of nights and you know, yeah, get back home.
Speaker 3: And we just do Friday Saturday.
Speaker 7: Like it's like those are the best nights anyway, Like why on a Thursday when it's not going to be as good Like just new Friday Saturday.
Speaker 3: Y'all doing the same spot.
Speaker 1: Y'are selling out same same venue both nights?
Speaker 3: Are you doing different different places like.
Speaker 7: Every now and then we'll do two nights, but like for the most part, we'll just roll rolling on to somewhere.
Speaker 5: It mostly like like fifteen hundred to twenty five hundreds.
Speaker 3: And clips shows. Man, it's crowdy.
Speaker 5: It's been great, man, A couple of way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ten years in so that's how we are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you started.
Speaker 5: Fifteen brazy, we feel like we just started.
Speaker 7: I feel like a baby still. I feel like a baby it honestly, no, honestly.
Speaker 4: Not a piece of You're not tired of video it.
Speaker 5: I think we got a good balance, we got a good home life, and our we kind of know our threshold of like I don't know, maybe it's been getting to that age. I feel like once we got in our thirties, it was kind of like, hey, this is what I'm willing to give, like time, and like after that it's like, if there's more to give on certain things, our manager Adam can can approach us about if it's worth doing. But it's honestly just kind of been nice to where it's like, hey, Charlie and i' I enjoy what we're doing. I'd rather do what we're doing right now. For fifteen years instead of like strike while the irons hot do something, go crazy, go for it, and then hate ourselves and then hate each other.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it sounds like a pr answer, but it's like the truth, like you know, like we it sounds like just.
Speaker 3: Like the let's just give them the good answer.
Speaker 7: Like it's like, man, it's like life's good, like the only thing if you really want a grievance. It's like social media kind of pisses me off. That's about it, though.
Speaker 1: Oh it's a great, great segment into almost I almost forgot it.
Speaker 3: That's just the order you get. Tell me about it.
Speaker 4: That's the same thing we did last time. We just started riffing and never stuck to the plan. Last time. I remember, before I knew it, we were talking about aliens.
Speaker 3: And c WWN. You don't need to know what you mad. Just tell us what it is.
Speaker 1: What you're mad is that you're in the lost kids, my being boss man, Oh, your neighbors.
Speaker 4: Cat, just tell us what you mad.
Speaker 3: This is great, you know, a little thing. So it's a little thing. We don't do it for a living or anything. What you mad at? Dore you mad at anything? Let me go first. Mine's Patty I'm mad at my troller motor cable.
Speaker 4: Oh what happened?
Speaker 3: It broke again?
Speaker 4: You mean my troller motor that's on my boat. That's your boat in troiler motor.
Speaker 1: Now you say it's your boat, but that thing's been behind my house. How many times you fished in the last four years?
Speaker 4: Forty?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm four hundred, so it's probably my boat now.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but uh, I.
Speaker 1: Was using just regular ropes and they kept on ripping, so I like bit the bullet and bought a really nice like threaded wire cable for troll them. And it's like lifetime warranty, which I should probably send it in because I was pulling it the other day. I was pulling it up and I went to pull it and the handle.
Speaker 4: Broke and I just fell straight back. You know, John Boat, I don't know I was there. You're kind of jerky about like life like you kind of there's not much finesse. It's just kind of a forced guy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I got places of beef a field guy. Yeah, I'm feel I'm a feel down on the course, but everything else is. But when I'm fishing man without talking, when I'm when I'm fishing, like all I'm thinking about is getting to the spot, Like I'm thinking about you know that bass wanting to bite right now?
Speaker 4: There going a bass want to buy right now?
Speaker 3: Our dad called at a ten yesterday. Were south, So yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: I didn't neither have it either.
Speaker 1: I was in my co write and he called me and I declined him and immediately caught.
Speaker 3: Me right back, like double quick. You were like, oh something was I was like.
Speaker 1: Dang, something something important. He's trying to talk and I was like, hey, man, what's up. He's like where are you? And I was like, I'm in Nashville.
Speaker 4: What do you mean? You know? I'm writing.
Speaker 3: He was like, you should see this fish I just called.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I was like, fell sorry, you don't gonna have to work on this course by yourself. And so he facetimy and sure enough, man, this thing is probably got two pounds worth of eggs in that dude, look at it.
Speaker 3: Look at the gut on that thing yesterday. Oh yeah, you know what he called? You know what?
Speaker 4: He caught it on?
Speaker 3: Good six pound crappy. You put your head in his man, I'll.
Speaker 4: Tell what's crazy. To me is him. You know he's holding the tail back there and the girth on that tail. I mean he've got his hand.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just noticed that, like it's like there's like still like four inches.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's how I looks like.
Speaker 5: A fish you catch down to like Florida or some like Okobe or something.
Speaker 4: Completely agree with that.
Speaker 3: That is a that is a pre spawn longer.
Speaker 4: He took some more with their terrible but he caught.
Speaker 7: He was crappie fishing, and I'm like, I've never caught a bass bigger than like four pounds.
Speaker 3: I can imagine like four pounds great founder a different fish. I mean that's a kicker and sometimes pounds I'll catch those.
Speaker 4: But he caught.
Speaker 1: He said, he was like I felt like I was like, you know, like wicked tuna. He's like like tuna fishing. I mean he had to fight that thing forever. So you said, cropound six pound croppery rig, Yeah, with a float.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: When he poked in that he didn't know what what he.
Speaker 1: Hit, well, he didn't know. He knew he didn't have a crappie that much. Yeah, I feel like my watch mad At is one of two things. Every time, it's either traffic or my wife. So I'm going to keep the train going and it's gonna be my my wife today. So I love my wife. Dude, love my wife so much.
Speaker 4: So blessed us every week you know what you moved away for so long. It's just those things. Just like I've noticed.
Speaker 7: You've got those things too, though, Like she's got something about you.
Speaker 4: She just doesn't.
Speaker 1: That drops every week sponsored about to covid uh so.
Speaker 4: Uh she has. We've all had this like creepy. You know, everybody said this like creepy thing lately croopy. But I've noticed when when if she ever gets it and her voice changed, like writing now her voices kind of scratchy. She takes on a new per song. Oh of like.
Speaker 1: There's a little more attitude just because maybe it's not because she feels bad, it's because she has a new scratchy voice, because.
Speaker 4: She has a gangster mob voice. I've noticed that, like, like, okay, here's a prime example. Have you told her this or is this gonna be spreading new she's gonna be mad at this week or when it just comes out? Yeah, this is area just to see how much trashed off about her.
Speaker 1: So she'll send us text to like critiquing, like y'all need to let your guests talk more, which you probably be true.
Speaker 4: It's actually really good. It's actually great.
Speaker 3: It's actually coming to play right now.
Speaker 4: So I noticed this morning it's like, what's.
Speaker 5: The segment called.
Speaker 3: Talk about the y'all still talking about the He's gonna love that.
Speaker 4: So we uh, this morning it was you have to leave our house at seven thirty two to get livees of my my five year old school on time. So it's like seven twenty and I'm like, I'm putting wolf some eggs up. I got you know what I mean, because if I don't, then I'll eat something bad. I'll hit you fil a blah blah blah. So I'm like she's like egx or she's like eggs seven twenty.
Speaker 3: Out the gate.
Speaker 4: Okay, what's you know, what's the what's a good game? What's the alcoholic? Yeah? What's he's like eight seven twenty Yeah, I mean, yeah, I got time. You do well? You know you gotta leave seven thirty two? Yeah I do. I know I'm gonta leave a seventh thirty two. And I think in regular voice, Shine, she'd have been like, okay, you know you got how about the door seven thirty in order to be the keep that in mind. But it's a different attitude because the voice, it's like it's like a little more confrontational. So I'm mad. I'm not even mad at that, I just maybe noticed it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Cool, that's a good way to like back off, like it is, bring.
Speaker 4: It everything you can be or glad you can be glad at something.
Speaker 3: I mean I was.
Speaker 7: I was joking when we first got in here, which Alburn's football team was good, not.
Speaker 4: Good at all. No, I stink miss real bad too.
Speaker 3: That's the thing of the past.
Speaker 7: Like it's weird because like on paper, we shouldn't be that bad.
Speaker 4: Oh we should we should just be bad, and we're.
Speaker 3: The last like ten years we've sucked. Basketball team is good. Yeah, that's been.
Speaker 7: Fun down the stretch though, it's been a lot of fun. But we lose the big ones, so it doesn't matter. You know, we lost over time in a road like in the season.
Speaker 3: On the high.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's the best way to like get the momentum.
Speaker 3: Lose a couple yes, tournament this weekend right now today.
Speaker 7: Actually, and we're such like I'm such like a romantic about Auburn sports for what for whatever reason? Yeah is that Like I'm like, we're like telling ourselves like this is actually the.
Speaker 3: Perfect time to lose, Like it's gonna fire them up a couple for a week, take a week off before the tournament.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we'll lose the we lost to Yeale, like the number sixteen seed last year in the tournament.
Speaker 5: Fun what I'm mad at. I'll go wife rout. But a different thing. Uh, my wife left for a baby shower. My mom through four like last Wednesday, So she hasn't been home and I'm not used to like coming home off the road and like my wife not being here, it's a weird feeling and so like and when she ain't in bed, I can't sleep good. And so it's like for the last you know, four nights have been just like you stay up to.
Speaker 7: Like four, I got this podcast, like an hour drop into town, just go to sleep.
Speaker 5: Ain't something like real bad gas station checking yesterday?
Speaker 3: Just like what am I doing with my life? You know?
Speaker 5: So, but I'm going out heading out Tossissippi right for this. Uh uh I'll get to see her opening weekend. Yeah, weather's gonna be terrible. But yeah, so I was mad at like, I wish my wife was here because she gives me a taste of my own medicine. I'm going every weekend and then coming back. And then I was just like, I just I need eight hours. Just give me one night of eight hours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I feel that. No, it's the weirdest thing too, because you'll you'll you'll figure it out when you're when you're a new edition comes.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, then there's no sleep at all, at least so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well it's like, uh, it's like it comes in sections, like you'll get like last night for me, I got four hours and then I was up and hour, and then I was asleep for another three hours and then I was back up.
Speaker 3: You know. So it's it's like block schedule, block schedule.
Speaker 4: There you go, it's exactly what it is, but but there's no real schedule to it. It could be like thirty minute section and then a four hour section and already could be like two hours.
Speaker 3: But it's not like eight hours of rim sleeping no id, No, that's out, that's out the door.
Speaker 4: And it's not even necessarily them like coming in there and waking you up. Sometimes it's just like last night, Boon just I mean Buck just cried. Each cried. Yeah, And I was just like that thing where you're just like Griffin. I could get on Instagram, someone really go down the rabbit hole, and before I know, I'd be watching you know, conspiracy videos or.
Speaker 1: You saw little you saw my little girl last night. She and then we'll get into Missy Turkey hount. I'm excited about that. She uh, last night, she and my kids sleep off. Man, like my wife got on Mom's on call was a not I can't say that.
Speaker 3: Word was very strict about it. And you know what I'm saying, I don't.
Speaker 1: Think I can say that, but she was very strict about it. So my kids sleep great, like very routine. When they're off the routine, it's tough.
Speaker 3: So it's be nice. We've kind of been off.
Speaker 1: We've kind of been off the routine a little bit, and my little boys in Kentucky and so we just got my little girlfriend the last three days and we've kind of been standing up a little bit later and hanging out, watching some movies, eating some pizza.
Speaker 3: So last night we went fishing.
Speaker 1: Yesterday afternoon and kind of went past her bedtime, and last night about it was about twelve o'clock, twelve thirty. I woke up and she was crying, and you know, I let her fill it out a little bit and see if she's going fall by sleep, but she didn't. And I walked in there and I heard her going, I want I couldn't understand her, so I went in.
Speaker 3: There and she was like, I want Graham and that's my nephew.
Speaker 1: Her cousin was like fourteen years old and we saw him this past week.
Speaker 3: And I was like, you want Graham and.
Speaker 4: She was like yeah.
Speaker 3: And I was like, were you dreaming about Graham?
Speaker 4: And she was like yeah, they're just starting to drink, I know.
Speaker 3: And I said, what were you What were you all doing in your dreams?
Speaker 4: She goes ship.
Speaker 3: That was like caching things.
Speaker 1: What were you I was like, hell, yeah, uh dude, miss TV, where you going getting into it?
Speaker 4: You're starting?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's this weekend, I'm going with some buddies, I'm going down my turkeys. I'm having an April baby. And you know, I had uncles and stuff. What are you thinking?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that kind of thing. And uh about that, Uh, it was an accident for sure, Like we were like playing it on starting and then.
Speaker 4: What exactly was where where does the accident come into?
Speaker 5: What was the We were not trying you know what I'm saying, Okay, yeah, we're trying to accidentally. Yeah no, no, no, the timing was an accident, That's what I was.
Speaker 4: I was trying to pinpoint what the accident.
Speaker 5: So we'd had we already kind of talked about like okay, you know, hey, let's start, Like we've been married for four years. We're like, let's like start trying at this point. And in my head, I was calculating that would be like July August, Yeah, perfect, and uh. Then we came home from the road and she was like, hey, guess what we're Uh she said, we're not going to Hawaii anymore and I was like, why did you send me? Like, uh, thinks we're going to go to Hawaii for the opener and uh and then I was like what. I was like, wait, when's this baby? Dude? She's like in April and I was like, oh, no, great, you know, oh no, I mean it's less, but it was uh yeah. So I'm just getting in while I can because my spring's gonna be cutting half going down there. But yeah, just gonna go down there for about a week and just home with some buddies. Yah, y'all heading down there.
Speaker 4: Man, we've got a spot that we can go. But honest, men, our lives right now are just solid. Kids, Man, I need just slam the e break on all that traveling now, young kids.
Speaker 1: I'll be at the Yeah, I'll be at the aquarium in Chattanooga this weekend.
Speaker 3: That's what we're gonna run out there. Yeah, take the kids.
Speaker 4: I'd like to. I'll slide down before we we start, but it'll probably just be like a day trip.
Speaker 5: Yeah, across the line, now get it back because y'all. Right, y'all are from like right close to the line.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, Yeah. Our parents are from Misissippi.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I remember that. I just like they live like right close to like that Uh what's that lake right over down there, Pickwick?
Speaker 4: That Yeah, our parents are from there. And then I went to school Assissippi State had a band. Our band traveled all in there. Probably played the same place as y'all played, play Ricks anymore.
Speaker 3: I haven't played there time. Yeah, we love that place. Two or three. Rick Welsh is like one of the nicest thing on the planet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're talking about.
Speaker 5: We ain't playing Misissippi in a long time.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just like there's not many, not many great risks like Mississippi. Once you get past it's like and then when we're only doing fifty shows a year, you're kind of like.
Speaker 7: It's like clubs and then the is like Brandon Amphitheater.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's kind of hard. As that web gets bigger, you gotta go play different. It used to be easy to play fifty shows in the South because that's all you could play. But now it's like now you're going all across the country and in the international. Yeah, it's like it's easy. There's a lot of cities haven't. Yeah, we're supposed to go to Australia.
Speaker 7: We're supposed to be there starting next week, but it was just cutting too.
Speaker 5: Close to the the date over there.
Speaker 7: I got a guy, Yeah you know what I'm saying really as guy, Yeah, it'd be fun.
Speaker 4: He said, put your book. He's like, I love country music. They're great guys people. I've had them like fun.
Speaker 3: We've heard Australia. I've heard Australia.
Speaker 5: We were we were really excited about it, but it's just like being gone for a week, like within four weeks of my kid being born. I was like, man, dude, that's that ain't like.
Speaker 3: In twenty hours away. Yeah different if you're like in Dallas, but yeah.
Speaker 5: You can hop on a plane, but.
Speaker 4: That totally different. Yeah. I just saw it last year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was wreck Yeah, I've seen those interviews where he's like, dude, like, can you imagine missed.
Speaker 4: Oh man, two weeks think about your baby being born in two weeks? And then you because in the trouble of the conflict of it is there was a lot of different opinions on this, and you can't really have an opinion unless it's happened to you, and it hasn't happened to me. But I was I mean, he sent me the text at seven am, Like I was in the room next to him, hotel room next to it, and I came over there and he was just happening right now. It's happened right now. We talked about it, like I and and now I'm not saying I have saved the day or anything. I mean, Kathy was there and Heart was there too. We were all just kind of talking and I was like, well, look man, ultimately, like here's here's the choices you have. Take off right now. You're gonna miss it anyway, because you're twenty four hours from more so, I mean like it's already, it's happening right now. You know, this baby's coming. Like, whether you're there or not, you can FaceTime through the whole thing and see the whole thing and be a supportive of your bosser. You can that way. You play the show to I then leave and it's like, but then you got to come back and make up all those shows.
Speaker 7: The pressure of those like stadium gigs. It's not like a bar gag exactly, you know.
Speaker 4: And he was torn. He was torn about it, man, And he was like, no, you know what, And and Nicole was really great about just knocked the shows out and come home kind of thing, you know.
Speaker 3: But his head was in a he was I can't imagine his head was home the.
Speaker 4: Whole time we were there, you know what I mean. And it was tough, man, It was tough to watch him go through it. It was tough, you know, as he's like a brother, you know, I mean, it would be like one of y'all you know, watching was it was so I think you're right. I think trying to play that out and trying to stay at least within a drive you know, drivable.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, we knew it was the right decision, and like all the all the fans like got it, like we canceled that gig and oh really yeah, like everyone that, like everyone was like yeah, family first, man, Like we get that, you know, because we've canceled gigs before, like we canceled stuff for the post gig, you know, and and we kind of got some backlash over it, but it was like this is real, this is different.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh yeah, it was like that.
Speaker 5: Immediate people like, oh, you turn it on your own fans, Yeah, that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Except there was a really mean tell us you remember any mean ones?
Speaker 5: I remember this one. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna die this lady out because she came to a show. So we just finished our rescheduled tour from the post Malone tour. So like most of these shows were these shows we canceled, so we had to go to these like VIPs and everything with these people, I mean every night everything, and they're like, yeah, man, y'all, you know, we were gonna be here for the first one.
Speaker 3: We had to see, y'all, but y'all can't.
Speaker 5: It's like that this lady hit my like it was maybe in the Muscadine d MS, but uh it was like the day or two and she was from this I'll give you the night yet. So we announced the tour. We found out how this works out. You gotta think of the timeline. We find out Labor day. Hey, we gotta make the decision by tomorrow. We got to be in Utah for the show Thursday.
Speaker 4: So you have a tour booked already, y'all's tour.
Speaker 3: Yes, you get.
Speaker 4: A phone call from who called you? Well, I had somebody calls it and goes, hey, Postal mottles to take you on his stadium tour.
Speaker 3: This starts.
Speaker 7: This starts Thursday, Thursday, and our tour started Friday. I need to know so I can tell the bus to change her out the worst possible.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's just kind of good problem.
Speaker 7: But it was almost not exciting because we were like, how would we even do that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like how how could we pull this off?
Speaker 4: So then so you call so anyways you post something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were like, hey, we just had this and that was like a hard needle to thread, because you're like, man, there's gonna like it ain't like we're sitting here waiting for shows and we got fans, and so it's like we're gonna let people down, especially this.
Speaker 3: Weekend, because especially the immediate.
Speaker 5: I remember Minneapolis. Minnesota was the first one and they they were it was rough and we went there a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: I'm going to Lee was then that was the most upset.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because it immediately affected their lives, like.
Speaker 7: They can't get refunds on that type of stuff. We can refund their ticket. We refunded everyone's tickets, but that type of stuff. It's like, I do have some empathy. It's like that is tough.
Speaker 3: What else did it do with mini app story short?
Speaker 5: This lady she just rips us and she tears us a new one, and uh but I was like, you know what we're gonna these kind of people. You got to kill them with kindness and so we and I so far down. But it's like after after like three messages back and forth, she was like fan for life.
Speaker 3: Like I just lead up. He went back and forth though, Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: It was just and I was, you know, once again like we're sorry, I'm sorry you took a night off of work and you know, you know, like I said, well we backed this is a big opportunity, blah blah blah, and then every she just kept chilling down, chilling down. It's like, I'll tell you what and when we do the reschedule, I'll have you some tickets.
Speaker 3: And I and I held her.
Speaker 5: She knew. I saw she had commented on our uh sending something like another DM commented on a story and I was like I know that face. And I was like, hey, just make sure you're coming this weekend. All that she came and then she came there, and I want and I wanted to every part of me just wanted to rip her a new one into her face, like yeah, don't talk to people like this. You know, it's just brutal, but you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, I mean that.
Speaker 7: The next week, like on our social media page and like me and Gary respond to every single DM, like to this day, we still respond to everybody no matter what, and like we it was like an apology tour, like it was like every if.
Speaker 3: It felt like every.
Speaker 7: Tenth DM was like us being like really sorry, like I hope you can under I hope you understand, Like, but like I am sorry, you know, Like, but it's it's.
Speaker 3: Like an opportunity. It's like you get an opportunity at your job.
Speaker 7: It's like I wouldn't be mad at you for taking that opportunity absolutely in a raise and in a cooler position for for a little whiles.
Speaker 4: Kill that.
Speaker 3: And it's also like you gotta do what you gotta do, man, you know.
Speaker 7: And that's like it sounds selfish a little bit, but it's like you do. Like it's like we're all ultimately trying to all get to the next step and build all of our resumes, no matter what business you're in. It's like we're trying to climb our way, claw our way to the top and get to a position that's comfortable for everybody.
Speaker 3: And but you know, I get I get both sides. I have empathy.
Speaker 7: I have a lot of empathy for for people. And you know who am I to.
Speaker 4: It was probably negative like ten, oh yeah, more like.
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, nice, Yeah, that's a great segue.
Speaker 3: Well the sad part is I almost didn't catch it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, almost crazy.
Speaker 3: It was like, well it was more like.
Speaker 4: Get that minute, listen mean tweets are hilarious. The one I always think about. So we before this whole thing started, we were on Ranella's podcast with Luke. It was the three of us. I'm sorry, it was me, read, Luke and Steven some other cast. But he was basically focusing, Like the focus was obviously Luke. Well he got because he's a writer. He was. He was curious about our story too.
Speaker 7: You know, and so he was like Janis was young.
Speaker 4: So for some reason, I don't know if it was just like nerves or whatever, but I like, I was answering a lot. He was asking us a lot of the questions we were asking. We were answering a lot of questions. And meanwhile, you have this mega superstar like sitting there in the corner, you know. And so one of the tweets said, yeah, I really enjoyed the podcast. Would have loved to have heard more from the from the global superstar, that one guy that wouldn't talk, We do exactly he was about. Man, it was great. We love me and tweets we get them pretty regularly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty far. That's fair, man, I mean, does it every I don't ever enjoy getting left.
Speaker 7: I mean I think like in retrospect, I do, but like it's still it's still like it's like.
Speaker 3: Damn, dude's just taking a shot.
Speaker 7: It's pretty messed, Like you know, it's like the audacity that like people have is wild to me.
Speaker 4: Oh that is wild.
Speaker 3: It's wild, yeah, unbridled.
Speaker 7: Like dude, I hate all kind of stuff, but like there's not an inch, there's not a fiber of my body.
Speaker 3: That's like I'm about to tell them how much I hate that. That's so wild. I'm gonna let them. Boys know you can do it, like whateverybody.
Speaker 5: We announced our summer tour uh Monday, and I just remember like it's like you now says it's it's hard to even be excited anymore because you know the commerce you're gonna be you ain't coming here.
Speaker 3: Gosh you are? You probably gonna care't the last minute.
Speaker 7: To far I even told them like I like hit him up, was like I just got a ran for sake, and I was like, it's like, who do these people think we are?
Speaker 3: Like like we're literally doing.
Speaker 7: Our best to play these shows, and like we're going places we haven't been. It's like we're we're on this cycle where it's like oh, you go here, and then you go there, and then you go back to other places and you go here, it's like.
Speaker 3: Why didn't you Why aren't you coming here?
Speaker 7: It's like, well we were just there like three months ago, you know, and it's like they're pissed and you're just like damn dude, like, yeah, I'm trying.
Speaker 4: Happy.
Speaker 3: It kind of hurts my feelings, Like this makes me sad.
Speaker 4: I'm trying man, you guys. That's uh, that's that's fun. I love hearing about people getting mad at other people. It's fine.
Speaker 1: Social Media's wow, it's let's stay let's stay on the music. Let's stay on the music side. Then we'll go back to it brings back. No, no, yeah, we're coming in. Uh so y'all are going y'all just did the post thing, You're doing the Laney thing. Where is that stadium? Where's that?
Speaker 3: I think it's like it's like it's like Shed's and Arenas. Okay, yeah, okay, that's sick.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like we're gonna be able to do like Madison Square Garden and like playing Bridge done with her and like.
Speaker 1: Did you ever did you ever think you'd be like where you're at?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 1: I mean I know, because John's journey sorry to cut off, but John's journey is anything but typical in this town. You know, like like doing it yourself and doing it independently and and grinding at that for so long to now, I mean it's on undeniable at this point, you know, and it's and you did it grass the grassroots way, man, And yeah, it's pretty incredible.
Speaker 7: Like when we when Gary and I started working together, like I was always confident that we could, that we would be successful in some form like if because if I did, if I didn't believe that, like we wouldn't have wouldn't have we even like entertained the idea of working together.
Speaker 3: So it's like I've always believed in it.
Speaker 7: But like, you know, it's it is wild to see that, Like, you know, my dream was like man, I wish I could play the rhyme in one day or something like that, you know, and it's like, okay, we done that, and it's like now it's like, well, dang, all this other stuff.
Speaker 3: It feels like a bonus to me. Like it's like no, I don't like.
Speaker 7: It doesn't feel real. You know, It's it's cool to see and it is real, but it's like I have to remind myself, like, man, this is this is special?
Speaker 5: Would I would say prior to the post Malone tour, I thought that kind of ship had sailed of like getting big opportunities like that, and I was just kind of content with like just what we do.
Speaker 7: I like what we do.
Speaker 5: It's we keep it simple. We don't have to make it more difficult than it has to be. I don't have five people hitting me from five different directions on what I should do with my career. It's more just like, have we got our little team. If Charlie likes it, I like it, we do it. We don't like it, we don't And it's like and that's why it's like, like I say, we have balance. If like if I want to go on a Turkey trip or take all a spring off to Turkey hot, I can do that and.
Speaker 7: He's always like cool. So it's like, I don't know, it's just we kind of got I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know where the disconnect was with even music roa like this is the first time I've been on Sixteenth Avenue probably three years.
Speaker 3: But really three years. Yeah, I was thinking the same thing when I put down here.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is probably our podcast last time that's probably would So it's like it's that that kind of blows my mind and beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So we're not kind of really in the I don't know what's going on in town. I know, like you know, the new artists coming around when I hear their music and stuff, but uh, it's kind of just been so far removed that I thought of It was like, Okay, well, this is just what we do. And like I thought like if we were going to play an arena or we're going to play a stadium, it's just it would be it'd be our own thing. But that's never gonna happen because that's so like we haven't set but our standard we've set for ourselves hasn't been that.
Speaker 3: It's never there. It's never been like do anything to get that place. That's never been our mindset, you know.
Speaker 5: And so now that we're ten years in and now getting these opportunities, I think it's just like the War of Attrition coming into Fruition, where it's like, hey man, we've just been doing our thing, giving our head down and it's.
Speaker 7: A cool tip of the cap that like some people especially people like Post Alone. It's like that's it's weird to say, but it's like him being a country artist is cool, and it's like it's a cool tip of the cap to him to like bring out some independent country music act. Like he definitely did not have to do that, you know what I mean, he probably was advised not to, just as a guess probably, but he was.
Speaker 3: Someone way bigger out.
Speaker 4: Did y'all ever, Like did you ever find out how that happened? Was he a fan? How did you even get on that?
Speaker 3: I really wish I could tell you the real reason.
Speaker 7: Like I know we have some connections inside their camp and like mutual connections in our team and stuff. But like Posts like Dug the music, I mean, he was he told us like from the get go, like he was like, man, I like this Dug y'all, Like it seemed like just that simple, and it was like weird. We have like this strange backstory with Posts because we put out a record, We put out the Country record the same day he put out his. We put out the Coastal Plane record, And that was actually the second time we've done that in our career. We put out a record, like a long or not a record, but we set like an EP or something a long time ago, and he followed us on Twitter.
Speaker 3: This was like eight years ago, like a long time ago, and like nothing came of it.
Speaker 7: I mean something came a bit, but it's like it was always just like some funny thing we told people, like well Postline he was just like a rock star, like.
Speaker 3: It was those early days. But it was just kind of like interesting that like they always we're like, oh, when Postmone might know who we are?
Speaker 5: And I remember we made this joke the day the Coastal Plane record came out. We're like, hey, after y'all get on a post We were like, hey, after y'all get done with the Postmone record. Next week it's like, hey, we're going on tour with kind of like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I don't know how it happened. But he is a cool he's a cool dude. He's just a chill guy and he's the most interesting. He might be an alien. Yeah, like the most interesting man alive. Like everything.
Speaker 3: We'll have to just give you a little short there if you want that.
Speaker 1: So the new So this the album's dropping April eleventh. So this will be out before that. Is that looking at the is it kind of like a continuation of the Coastal Planes.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 5: The Coastal Planes and what was left behind. Yeah, so it's just like two parts. But it's not B sides. Let's get that correct. Let's come correct with that. Like it's not like the scraps, you know what I mean. I know we kind of we kind of try to just strategically play something for both both records. The problem was we kind of got in this realm of like writing, I don't know, our writing process is totally different than.
Speaker 3: I want to hear about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, really then anybody's like.
Speaker 3: Three years yeah, absolutely different. Yeah, yeah, I have it. Uh there's no you'll some coffee, yeah no, uh yeah.
Speaker 5: For we've just kind of taken a different The approach is totally different. Like we did the whole like, hey, let's write three days a week, get the reps, get out on the road, and I think you can get really great songs doing that. And I think for us in the time, it was really good for us to hone a craft and right with guys you know that do this for a living and get better. And but we just started looking at things as like, okay, well, what's what's musket ISN? I don't really know what a musket ISN boy line is because we're so all over the board. We're just like throwing out these EPs and then there's no like, I don't know what this brand is. And then we started, you know, I feel like the Teenage Dixie record that came out in twenty twenty two, it was like the first record that we were like, oh, this is musket ISN. This feels like something, and then we just started going with that. And then and then the writing process kind of turned into a well, let's create a world from a thirty thousand foot view, and then let's treat a record like it's a book.
Speaker 3: In every song's a chapter.
Speaker 5: So now we're approaching the writing room like okay, well let's look at this list's song, what what does this record game? More so than that, and instead of just going a song trying to make and then trying to make everything cohesive through through that process and finding some kind of like what's okay, the we've been on this like geospecific kick of writing places we know about, and it's like there's something cool to bring someone to a world that you and I know really well because we're from here. But how do I take reading dan there and give them something where they're like, well, I've never been in that specific place, but I know exactly what they're talking about.
Speaker 4: Crazy. I mean because I felt that way listening to uh Chickenstaw Church Acrist I felt I know that yeah, same, I know that parking lot. I know exactly.
Speaker 5: Spot that one's gonna be.
Speaker 4: In my head, I see a small red brick church with a big, super black parking lot surrounded by oak trees, like you know how some of those are just cut out of a little Yeah, I could see it, man, I love.
Speaker 3: I love that song, thanks man, but man for me, dude, like you gotta.
Speaker 4: Tell you probably can't play it. I wish you would play it. Well, let your people say if you can play. When is this coming out? Is it coming out after the record or before the record?
Speaker 7: This?
Speaker 4: This will it won't be out way too high. It is in my guts, dude, you like that. It's in my guts. I have watched that freaking Where's it?
Speaker 3: Where is it? A?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 3: On Instagram?
Speaker 4: Over and over?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's it's a nostalgia.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna ask.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, okay, well can you play what you played on Instagram? Can you play that here?
Speaker 4: You just played the section you put on Instagram. I'll dropped it real quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we can't. You hold on it, don't bother us.
Speaker 5: I gotta figure it.
Speaker 1: He said, I can play song, man, I legit. I'm excited because I legit. Haven't heard of no clue me on. You is my that's my Yeah, you're a jam I love how y'all just put you on the spots.
Speaker 3: Sorry, we'll cut it, like, let's see if they're actually talented.
Speaker 4: Is that post that first two verses?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, the song is first course?
Speaker 4: Is that chorus?
Speaker 3: That's the chorus? So like the first verse, give you first verse course?
Speaker 4: We can what you want.
Speaker 3: Man, Well, if we need to cut it, whoever we need to. If we need to, we'll prove it.
Speaker 5: So so y'all, so we're from mobiles right on the Misissippi line. I'm giving you context of like because these are like real story that it's a real these are real people that we're dropping in the song. And so like every Friday after school, we'd cross the state line Mississippi because you could buy a tobacco when you were eighteen. So it's like me and my buddy Brandon Richardson, we call him be rich and so we would we drive, we drive to Hurley and then come back and then just like and then I got a lot of trouble because I was buying for all the freshmen and stuff like that, and they're giving you a twenty dollars.
Speaker 4: Who are the Baker Boys.
Speaker 5: It's a high school and mobile where they were like always like they were the fighting group. Like after every sporting event, they were like walking over to the bleachers being like where we meeting y'all.
Speaker 7: After that we went to private school, so there was always like this like high private school, public school, like rivalty private school.
Speaker 1: It kind of feels like Dennis Lindy is a little bit totally you know what I'm saying, Like I have to explain what that is, but yeah, well I don't really know it too much.
Speaker 4: Basically, just Lindy had a made up town of his brain.
Speaker 1: They wrote, he wrote, I mean like John Dre Green, characters in that Earl had to die, had to die, all those same characters. What's the semi Kershaw Uh yeah, queen my double wall trailer.
Speaker 4: Yeah close, are about the same place, in the same same character.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just built it. He built a town in his mind.
Speaker 4: Except you're building the actual world that you're from. Sorry, we'll shut up. Play songs so good, I can't wait.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's two enough.
Speaker 5: Mein and bear Ridge wood Head Hurley for weeks worth of grids. The straight turning a teen was a magic number to buy it over that state line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, twenty town was a time ago.
Speaker 5: Turning down Derk Johnson Road, you can tell Trey Sles was the place to go from. The trucks lined up outside were blackened miles of swish to swing Little Wayne on a birth seed. Ain't up and down down thief or streets in the truck up way too high.
Speaker 7: Yes, Baker boys looking four five made us over at the pitgon nine half a case of warm.
Speaker 3: Bush led in the truck up way too hide.
Speaker 7: That's it, dude, course being singed up and Colby Rogers up tame Brest and Cownboary collar locked ons walking to the fidging full of flip on Friday night. We were too cool for school and too cool for prompt Skip the dance because of rough. It was on living like we won't live long, but a country boy can't survive, whist Black miles of Swiss and Swiss Little Wayne on Mercy Day, Up and Down, then Theater Streets in a truck of way too High, got Blaker boys looking for fine, made us over at the pits of night half a case, want us slide in a truck of way too high?
Speaker 3: What it just feels like you're in high school. Come on, dude, Yeah there you're there. Yeah, Yeah you're there.
Speaker 4: Meg a fan that too, thanks man, I mean, he'll not get that's one.
Speaker 3: Of those ones like that.
Speaker 5: It's all it's I feel like but it's like that's the thing.
Speaker 3: That's like, that's how we made it.
Speaker 5: We tried to make it like and there's this long like I'm not gonna give it all the way, but there's like we had like a long outro of.
Speaker 3: It's just like a feel thing.
Speaker 5: And this song, this song never goes anywhere, and so but which is also but it's all you're there and if you're where, you immediately well it's it's also like it's a parallel to where it's also it doesn't go anywhere. Because we're right there still. So it's like and like it's like, how do I write a song? And I think as men like you know, us getting all in our like emotions is you know, especially Southern men, so you know it's like you know, we don't talk about but it's like I always want to write a song about my boys to where it's like it prompts me to call them like that kind of was the concept of of that, and it's just like the life we I mean, it was just us and like people from Mobile like I have heard that song and they're just like, dude, this is this is crazy, Like kids from who went to high school at Baker. We had a boy come to Baton Rouge and see us playing uh with the Baker. Yeah, he went to Baker and he's like, dude, that's just sick and it's so true. And then we started and then we started, and then we started yeah, and then so it's like it's all these uh, I don't know, it's just cool. And then people met him and the guy his thing's been given and we went to college together, but he also went to Baker, and it was like we just started rapping about the whole.
Speaker 3: The mobile, Like.
Speaker 5: We just went back there and it's like you remember, and it's like and then we're right back there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Bro, we still flip Adamsville off when we dropped by the high school. Yeah, hope'll lose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, there was an interview and quote with Charlie where you said, we can't control the uncontrollable.
Speaker 3: We just want to enjoy the ride. Like what has the ride been and what does it meant for y'all?
Speaker 1: You're going on ten years, You're it's so cool to me that hearing hearing y'all play that song like that, Like y'all get to go play songs like that every weekend to people and sing about your life and sing about real things and real things you believe in and the way you want to do it, when a lot of these cats don't get to do that. They got to go do the thing every weekend and and and like what the thing you're referring to is like the bit, the bit, yeah, the bit the main.
Speaker 4: Yeah man, Dick, Yeah, Yeah, I'll second what you're saying. And I'm not adding to the question, but like when you pave it your own way and you gain fans based on like your actual soul and your actual song and the actual craft that you've developed through your life. Like I feel like those are lifelong fans instead of folks sticking around for a hit. And I'm saying that you don't have hits on that record. I think you've already put out hits hits now. But to cultivate a real band driven like band is a mega hard thing to do, especially in the world of social media. You've been able to do that. What does that feel like? I mean, you have to be proud of it.
Speaker 7: I am, like, I'm I'm immensely proud of what we've built. And I think you know, that's something that's kind of striking me. Is like interestingly enough, like we don't know it any other way. Okay, So, like sometimes it doesn't feel like it feels like what we've we were just meant to do, Like it doesn't feel special sometimes and I'm trying to word this correctly in a way of like it doesn't feel like we tried to do it, you know, it's like we gary and I just like there's this schemon and strategy and there is, but it's like it feels such it feels almost as organic today as it did when Gary and I were like sleeping in the same bedroom, you know, and it's like we've.
Speaker 3: Always we've always.
Speaker 7: Well we've shared hotels. Yeah, it's like I don't know, man, It's like I'm extremely proud. I know how blessed we are to have this, but I know that we like worked really hard for it and and we still do. And that is the most rewarding thing to me. And there's nothing better than like going out on the road and meeting people and seeing them, you know, become like emotional to your music or like just songs that you made with your friends in the studio that that meant something to you at the time, like means everything to these people.
Speaker 3: And that's like that's heavy to me, but it's like it's cool to see it, you know.
Speaker 7: They and those are those like reminders like, oh, this is why I leave every weekend, you know, like that's it's hard to leave, but it's like this is why, like this is my why you So it's it's cool.
Speaker 3: It's cool to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I mean, arguably, I would say it's it's reaching the world at this point. I mean, you're going to go to Australia eventually, and you're going to people singing your songs back in like a different dialect, and that's wacky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: It's wacky. But to not imagine the same things that you're wherever you're you're writing these things are making it that that far as I.
Speaker 7: Mean, we still can't believe people show up to see us in Omaha, you know, like, like that's crazy enough. It's like, sure, I would love to go see Australia and play the UK one day, and we're doing some Candida dates this year. But it's like it's like, man, I never thought we'd play outside of Alabama, you know, Like I was talking about how all that stuff that feels like a bonus. It's like, man, it feels like a bonus. I feel like we're in bonus time right now in the States.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: It's like, damn dude, two thousand people are coming to see you. Name the state, you know, and it's like that's crazy to me. It doesn't feel like it doesn't feel even correct, Like it's like why do we I think people come?
Speaker 4: Seah, Yeah, we said to say that about this podcast. We're like, well, I don't know why anybody listening you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's I think it's the time investment too that people don't understand. They can't, especially especially in nowadays, because it takes We saw our buddy, you know, Hudson Westbrook or whatever, he played Billy Bop.
Speaker 3: We sold out Billy Bob's the ten years.
Speaker 5: It took his ten years to do it, five thousand tickets, like we sold it out, and we were like, man, that's cool. And then Hudson Westbrook comes in and sells out and he's been doing this for eight months, and it's like, I'm not there was a time where I used to be salty about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 5: But he's uh, he records over it Amber Saum where we do all of our records, and but it's just like in today's day, he's he's like the anomaly of like, oh, it's really going and he's really talented, and but it's like that's kind of like the standard people put on these artists now to where it's like, sure, well that's the standard because he can he's actually doing it, and so then it just messes everybody up up here because they're like, well, man, like my song ain't going off to take this long yeah, and that sort of thing. And so it's like being you know, in our thirties now and been doing this for ten years, and it's nice to we're getting these moments and like to open for post Malone and Laney and like at this point it's like, oh, this is just walking the park. We're gonna have fun doing this because like we've been working on our craft for ten years. Last thing you want to do is muscan Ione play in front of you. So it's like that's that's the attitude. That's the attitude you come in and feel like, you know, that's how I want to feel. Yeah, I got this, I got this opportunity. I'm gonna go seize it. It ain't you know, taking for granted. And then it's like this is for all those eight years you know we're swumming in a van. Yeah, and so it's like those are those uh, I don't.
Speaker 7: Know, it's just like but after it's like, yeah, it's easy to say now because like, man, look how cool this is it you tell you it's like, yeah, what whatn't cool for eight years?
Speaker 5: And so it's like it's kind of like you know, we talk about like country music, it's like or the industry or whatever. It is, like you know, it's kind of like you said, it's like it's the bit right, you go play the thing. It's like, but the testament is true. It's like, if you're willing to put in the time, you don't have to play a game. You can just go do But but that that concept of times like well I don't have time to do that, so let me And it's like let me fast track or short cut this. Get a team that's doing that, and I do whatever.
Speaker 3: This is your life nor answer, no, agree.
Speaker 5: It's just everybody's doing doing their own thing. And it's just like we can only speak from the concept of like this is what this is what we had to do, Like we didn't have offers. So it's like, well, I know I want to play music for a living.
Speaker 3: So let's figure out how to do it. So let's make a business. And that's it.
Speaker 5: And so it like what Troy says, it's like organically in twenty fifteen, I feel the exact same way as we did and we were first starting like how we move but it's just like I can afford the house I live in now, you know, I'm proud of that. So it's like, that's that's the difference.
Speaker 3: I love when people say, man, you're lucky to do what you do, and it's like, no, man, I'm not lucky.
Speaker 4: There's two things that keep coming to my mind hearing you talk about that, and one is, first off, if you have if you don't know who Adam Hood is, He's an unbelievable writer. Here is a song that says it took a whole lot of hard work to make it look easy, and man, that is so true and I don't think and hopefully this, the podcast that we're doing right now, helps people understand how much work actually goes into being a writer, how much work goes into being an artist, a touring artist, a touring artist that can support himself, a touring artist that can support a family.
Speaker 1: An independent torn artists that they didn't have the handshakes and across the table contracts that a.
Speaker 3: Lot of people get in this town down like the driver was there to do. That's that's what's beautiful.
Speaker 4: The second thing is that and we don't talk about this a lot, but I feel like we touch on it once someone in our whatever you want to call it, stratosphere ends up putting food on the table and socks on their kids feet out of the creation of their of what came out of their brain consistently. You can't tell that song a bitch or not.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you can't tell me nothing. I have the power.
Speaker 4: We trenched all the way, you know, to having a song on the radio, to having a couple on the radio, to being able to you know. And they're like, oh man, it must must have been nice, you know. I'm like, well, you don't see the twelve years we were.
Speaker 3: Grinding thousands songs the house boat just to eat, you know.
Speaker 5: So it's like those are the I mean, that is the reality of this thing. And too, it's like what we do collectively, it's so foreign, right because well because for us to go right, it's like you got to go live too, And to go live it means sitting back and doing nothing and thinking, So like, how can I explain to my dad, who works on air conditioners, just like, well, no, I sat in this room and stared at this wall for three hours and then finally lightning struck and something came here and I and I started chasing something and yeah, and it's like it's so they don't understand that, like, I mean even in the touring aspects, like man, like you said, must be nice, you.
Speaker 3: Know, being buddies with Luke Colms must be nice.
Speaker 5: You know. Yeah, just like so.
Speaker 7: And like that's the that's just the reality of it. And it's just like hey, like and that's not gonna change.
Speaker 3: But it's like.
Speaker 5: It's but we are all blessed, you know. It's like you've made like you said, putting socks and your kid and food is on your tables.
Speaker 7: Be nice as my favorite, that's my favorite because when people say that, it's like, hey, man, if you did what I did, you'd have this ship too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it ain't no doubt.
Speaker 7: I mean, you know, if you worked as hard as we did, you'd be right there. But you're only saying that because you ain't got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you're mad.
Speaker 4: All you got to do is sound like me, look like me, right like me, I say all the time. Man, And I know this is hardening to people, but I was at a ten year twenty year reunion. Sorry ten you know your agent, I'm old as hell. Uh my tenure union. A girl came up to me and said, hey, my husband wants to do what you do. Oh my god, how does he do that?
Speaker 3: And that offends me?
Speaker 4: It is an offending question, even though it's not meant to be offended.
Speaker 3: Like I think, I think I'm going to move to Nashville.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like my favorite thing is I give it a shot. It's like And what the answer I said was, well, he needs to learn how to play guitar and maybe start listening to some different stuff. That broadness is you know, musical horizons. But what I really wanted to say, what I really wanted, Okay, he wants to do what I do, right, So first off, find a damn time machine, go back twenty years, be fat all the way through high middle school, and high school. Bottle up those emotions. Live in a glasshouse where the preacher is, the is the community, and.
Speaker 1: A younger brother that's balling out and everything the most handsome man.
Speaker 4: Brothers way more, you know what I mean, Like, because that's the only way, you know, get your heart broken eighth grade and then get you tod on in college. And then because that's in order to write what I write, you're going to have to go through the exact same experiences that I went through to get to that.
Speaker 1: Play well and everybody's got everybody's got that right, everybody's got that story. But tapping into that and and creating a product from the product that's that is who.
Speaker 3: That takes years and years of not even writing songs, but just like.
Speaker 1: Going to that level in your mind and trying to trying to grab things that matter and are important to you and mean something to somebody from those moments. And we say, we do say this all the time, but I feel like the depth of your well that you draw from in order to write those songs or in order to to play those shows or to sing those songs deepens with the journey, the amount of journey you have before, you know what I mean, So like, because we have all those experiences to reach it and draw from in those twelve years of barely being.
Speaker 4: Able to ourselves much less like a wife and not even considering the family. You know, here's a guitar. You feel guilty to make money?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's that's what we did.
Speaker 4: Feel guilty. You're like, and I say this, I said this to somebody the other day. It's like my wife shy and she didn't have the dream I have, so like she's kind of enslaved to my dream because you know, I'm the one I have. I'm the one that has to make it work.
Speaker 7: Well, our wives are all in the same position where it's like, you know, and that's another part of the difficulty of like the time investment of it too. It's like it's like my schedule takes priority a lot of times too. Like you know, it's like this is important even though it doesn't seem like it. It's like when you explain what you're gonna go do, it's like it doesn't feel that important. But it's like no, like this business is such an investment. Like it's like it's pennies here that turn into one hundred dollars here. It's and it's that time investment you know, that can create some some like some hardships in marriage too. It's like, you know, like I hate like my wife. She she has difficulty with like being like, well I just I just it just thinks to like have to like get on your calendar, you know, And I'm like I get I totally get that. Yeah, but like that's just adulting and like grow as people. It's like, and she's great with it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 7: It's like our wives are the poster child gray wives for this type of business because it's not easy. It is.
Speaker 4: It doesn't make a lot of sense. I mean, I can't explain how many times I've been like, Okay, I gotta go play golf. I won't be home till ten o'clock tonight, and she's like, why what I wants to go play? Like we had plans, and I'm like, yeah, but in order to do the thing, I gotta go do this thing, you know, or go play in some tournament or you know what I mean, go hunt. Just a lot of time, man fell into y'all slap though, Yeah, congratu.
Speaker 3: Y'all are killers. Y'all are killers.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 1: Usually we talk for an hour about hunting and then like ten minutes about music. But it's kind of flipped, flipped the script because the story so it's great, it's great, let's get into we gotta get into turkey hunting. Bro, What are you trying to kill a bird in every state? At this point, I was, I think, but I kind of had Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm like it, I'm in the thirties, but of like states have crossed off. But I always told my wife, I was like, man, I want to I want to kill them in half the states before I have a kid. And we got there and I kind of had this realization. My buddy Lake Pickle, I don't know if y'all know Lake to Primos and we were actually on the road to South Dakota and uh we had we killed one in South Dakota, and like, man, let's pop over to you know, whatever states beside it. Let's see if we knock out this one too while we're out here. And I kind of just kind of got burdened with I was he was like, man, like, there ain't no trophy at the end of this thing, Like what's the rush for? So let's go home. Like we had fun like and so I kind of put it into perspective. I was like, man, I do spend a lot of time doing in this. I also have a job already that takes me away from home. My one hobby like taking me away And not to say I'm still gonna go on some hunting trips comes spring, but it ain't, especially with a kid on the way. Yeah, you know, it's it's kind of like my my priorities are kind of changing. Of I love to do it, but it's like, hey, they're goblined by the house. You ain't got to go to Maine to go do it or whatever. Right, It's just it's you know, it's like those kind of things. But uh yeah, I mean eventually I would love to do that. I'm not like, there's probably not many cats that you got time have done that. Yeah, and like it took now I've kind of gotten like over halfway. I'm like, man, if I can knock off of one or two a year, it's something. It gives me something to look forward to that, it's something I think. It's great for Charlie and I and you were asking, like you know how this works. We also have activities we enjoy to do outside of Musket Eye, away from away from each other. And also too, we're not trying to monetize it, so it's like it's not business. It's just strictly pleasure. I can't tell you how many times people are like, man, y'all should start a hunting show, get somebody YouTube you in the woods. It's like, well, then that takes.
Speaker 7: All the fun out and it just work with Golfer, like why are you filming? I'm like, dude, because I don't want to.
Speaker 3: That's not at Adam My manager's not saying that.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying like people are like, man, we'd love to see and it's like, ah, well, well that's my time, right, you know.
Speaker 4: So I see the show.
Speaker 7: I don't want to spend more money and to get somebody to follow me around with the camera, Like, no, dude, I want to smoke cigars and hang out.
Speaker 3: It changes in, it absolutely changes it. Give us your best turkey story. Okay, uh best turkey story.
Speaker 5: I was in Idaho. Uh this was like twenty twenty two. Uh, me and my wife are up there. I got an uncle who lives in Montana, close to Missoula, and so every now and then we'll ride up out there and go hang for So I went up three days early. It's and so went up there three days early, and I was like, hey, actually I'm gonna I'm gonna go turkey hunt for a couple of days in Montana or whatever you up there, pulled up on actually started looking public land whatever. We end up killing one first morning, and so I was like, well, dude, I got two days to kill. I'm gonna go to Idaho. And I heard some good stuff about this area, and it's crazy how many people will be on like you you could look up on YouTube and like you can find out where people are going for sure. And I feel like turkey hunters are the people that are doing that. They're kind of like the always like trying to get inside access on whatever. But uh, I go up to Idaho and it's across the border, and uh get out at this spot. It's a bunch of timber, timber company land that you can just hunt. You pay like a five dollars fee and you can, and there's so much of it.
Speaker 3: Get out. See.
Speaker 5: As soon as I get out, I see I thought I saw a horse track and I was a moose track and I was like, and now I see a bunch of moose can I was like, oh, I spend enough time in here, I'm gonna run into one of these suckers. So anyways, Rooster Bird that night and uh Or that afternoon, and I'm like, okay, I see where he's at. I'm on this where I'm gonna get my game plan together. This is where he's gonna pitch this right over here to this uh ridge and whatever's perfect set up. So I get up top early and uh, I got my gun facing towards down. This thing got a great setup. You know, I got some I mean what kind of trees they were? But uh, trees in between me and the turkey, so to speak. He's gonna pitch. I'm guessing left right, right on this ridge is the only opening he can do it.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: But then I'm sitting there and all of a sudden, over to my right, there's like this, there's like this role in the hill, and uh I was like, man like I started hearing something thrashing, and I was like, man, whatever, that thing is big. And uh So all of a sudden, I'm like, I just hope it's not. I mean, I'm in grizzly country cho up there, up in northern Idaho, and so uh, it comes over the ridge and it's a it's uh it's a cow moose. And they talk about like in the spring, like don't find them. Cow moose is get yeah, and they got if they got up young. And it's even worse. So I'm here twenty yards, am I right?
Speaker 4: Twenty yards?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Oh it gets worse.
Speaker 5: Uh comes over this ridge and I'm like, okay, smell me, catch me something, just go somewhere. But at this point, I'm like this is too close. I'm not moving like and so my little ass is sitting up there on you know, against that tree in a mossy oak little you know what a leafy's jacket.
Speaker 3: He's looking like a little bush on this tree.
Speaker 5: Well, he don't go left right, he comes straight to me and this it stops on a dime, just like a deer here, like end of my gun. He's here and he starts, you know, turning that head like a deer wood when he's catching sent are you by yourself?
Speaker 3: By myself?
Speaker 5: Jeez?
Speaker 3: And this sucker goes you have.
Speaker 4: A bear gun or anything?
Speaker 3: No, this is just so much.
Speaker 5: Exactly what I had. There's a yeah you turkey hunt you hear one? Godble it don't danger, it don't matter. It's like who cares? And so uh yeah, So he stops, broad's eyed at me and he it's like turning, and all of a sudden, his nostrils just in my gun, like my, my goodness, it's it's literally inside of his nose. He's just like, oh, smell something here, what is this tree? And so I'm just sitting here at you, yeah, and like I was, and then all sudden it got whi of something it didn't like and it just dark just darts off. But I just remember like the convulsion of like the adrenaline.
Speaker 3: Him and I was just like it was just but the whole time, I was like I was telling my uncle because he even told.
Speaker 5: Me that, hey, like when you're up there, like that's like that's the wilderness where you're going, so just be cognizant of that. And yeah, and then after that, like that was my last day of turkey season that year, and that it ends up pitching.
Speaker 7: Way down the mountain like somewhere else. I just but like that was that was enough adrenaline.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean wow, But I'll tell you what if it was a grizzly, Like I just saw what four ten t s s would have done right to this skull. Yeah, and I would have just what will Steven say, rather be uh tried by twelve instead of walked out by six whatever. So it's twelve and carried buses. Yeah, I wish that's that's when it comes to mind or whatever that's intent.
Speaker 4: Idaho it's such a great state.
Speaker 3: It's best. It's awesome everywhere everywhere I got.
Speaker 7: I've got a couple of good Turkey stories. But have a better deer story already.
Speaker 3: Wait, I want to hear the story. Let's were both of us my first turkeys cool, just because like we went to Wyoming and we I think I've seen those pictures. Yeah yeah, yeah, my first bird ever.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And we went to Wyoming and it was snow in that morning, and like me just being the guy that's like I've never turkey and I just want to kill my first bird. And Gary was like, dude, this is like it's fourteen degrees. It's snowing, like it's like the three am. We're like filming, like joking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like, this is gonna be around there.
Speaker 7: We go, we go to this first spot to listen and we're we're all just like sitting there and we hear like fifteen turkeys gobble and we're.
Speaker 3: Like a group of them, which which at the time I was like super excited. Well, part of the year is this.
Speaker 7: It is opening opening opening day, so it's April, but we got dump snow. It's like it's like April like fifteenth or I remember this video and I was like yeah, and I was in NWFNWG have filmed and everything, but like and I was pompeds because I heard a bunch of birds and I was like, oh, this is exciting.
Speaker 3: Like in my head, I was like, oh, we're going to kill ones your first ever?
Speaker 4: First time?
Speaker 3: Yeah, first time, and uh what about that? And so we hear like fifteen.
Speaker 7: Birds on the roofs like goblin and I'm like, oh my god. And then and those birds up there like they gobble like real funny, like yeah.
Speaker 3: It almost sounds like a joke, really good.
Speaker 4: It sounds like toy.
Speaker 7: I'm almost turkey, Mississippi turkey. And then you hear one from Wyoming and you're like, what's going on here? But anyway, so so we're like try to decide to make a move, and I'm I'm kind of looking toward Gary because he's much more experienced, and he's like, dude, Like he's like, this is actually kind of an issue because you don't really know which one to chase, like you know, And so we ended up like going down this hill and we.
Speaker 5: Heard one like way off and I was like, that's when we didn't go after he bubes. And once they all pitched it was early season, so you know, they pitched down, they shut up, and so but then this one's gobbling over here, and I was like, we need.
Speaker 7: That's our guy had down and we're like setting up on this tree and it's like the most like coolest like western thing ever.
Speaker 3: Like it's like it's dumping snow. There's like two.
Speaker 7: On our bills of our hats. There's like elk walking by like in the distance. It's like where are we at? Like it's crazy, and but it ends up nothing, nothing happens, and like we we get up and we start moving maneuvering again, and they weren't really weren't like reacting like once they were on the ground, they weren't like gobbling backer so.
Speaker 3: Early they was like they're so fucked up like winter, and it was it was really interesting.
Speaker 7: We kind of just like saw a turkey basically, and we you know, were able to get them front and there was like a bunch of trees.
Speaker 3: We were able to just get in front, and then he just like headed up toward us.
Speaker 7: So like I got lucky and killed my first bird that day in the snow, which was just like it was really cool.
Speaker 4: That's sick, man. You got to send us some pictures.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so will man, It was.
Speaker 4: It was it was so cool.
Speaker 5: You know how the Marriams are like, you gotta like, you gotta play their game, no goble their heads off, no god with eight hundred yards from you, no doubt. And so it's like you just gotta move to where we go to them now if you get in their line of like where they're decided, already decided where they're going, like, it can be really fun, but they can also be frustrating as hell for sure, get it go.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the deer story, all right, So like I just we spoke a lake Pickle earlier and he.
Speaker 5: Gave me a bow like it was like my first bow and uh nice, not something.
Speaker 7: It was just me like a sick like Matthew's bow, okay, and uh we had like I just like one like deer hunting out in Mississippi.
Speaker 3: There you got one, Yeah, you got one.
Speaker 7: He's like, what's the third. It's got the big cams. You know, it's a bit too big for you, which Charlie on it. And I was like yeah, and and I hate this Gary.
Speaker 3: It's like I was like I want to kill I just want to shoot a deer with my bow.
Speaker 7: And uh, I was like, let's just go kill a dough or whatever, and Gary's like, cool, I got this little spot over here, and so we go in the woods and we're just hunting off the ground. Like Gary's like, let's just let's just chill on the ground. It's just good spots in Tennessee. And it's freezing and it's like it's awesome and like, I mean, we're we're on our knees hunting and like my knees are like numb because I'm just like like they're just like it's so cold and you're just like on your knees. It's not comfortable, right, and you're just like Okay, I hope we see stuff or whatever. And I mean there's doughs walking everywhere, like it's like, i mean twenty feet from us.
Speaker 3: It's just like action. So I'm like this is already like worth of getting up.
Speaker 5: Okay, setting the scene, I don't mean you. So it's a lease that I had and rut I found this like awesome deer. It's like this it's an a big ag place, but it had like this like a big strip of timber that went that went to a creep bottom.
Speaker 4: Perfect.
Speaker 5: So it's perfect setup because in the morning, the thermals. Trail pulls all the way down, so it's like literally I just go in there with the wind checker every time I go in, ease in. And so it's like we either setting like this trail is prominent, like they've been going through us. And so it's like especially this time of year, and.
Speaker 7: I told you it's like if we wait a few days, like this will be if it's I mean, it's peak rut like they're everywhere. And but it's a great setup because this is huge, like two log jams that come together.
Speaker 3: So it's like just pinch, pinch them in there and you got cover and like yeah.
Speaker 5: And so sorry I need to be on the mic telling story, but uh yeah, So it's uh yes, the thermals. It's like literally they're setups on each side. So it's like depending on the winds going to the field or the back, it's like you just move, yeah, you just move anyways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so we're just sitting there and we see this.
Speaker 7: We see this buck like coming in like crashing in over here on the left, and it ironically was like the bigger buck that day.
Speaker 5: It was it was like it was nice and I had him. He's probably one hundred and forty five inch, not almost like a papa.
Speaker 8: It was not.
Speaker 5: Yeah he wass Alabama boy. That's uh yeah.
Speaker 7: It's like I mean, I've killed a couple of bucks in my life that were like really.
Speaker 3: Small, but you know, like whatever.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and but it was like seeing a quality size deer from like the thirty forty yards.
Speaker 5: That's like you're like, oh my god, our wind swirl he cut picked it up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he starts blowing and like and so he he's scared and he he kind of leaves and he's like blowing his tail off and then we hear someone like crashing.
Speaker 3: On the right and I just done a rattle sequence.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and so another one, another buck starts coming in on the right, and and so you know it's like you're on the ground.
Speaker 3: There's no like good place to put your bow. So my bow has just been like sitting on the ground. I've had an arrow like on the knock, like just chilling. And he's talking like a bow hunter. Yeah, I pick up.
Speaker 7: I pick up my bow because I'm like okay, like I'm about to get ready. Like this thing is walking straight towards and we can it's like a nice little six point and thrashing through.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's pissed.
Speaker 7: He's trying to see what's going on, and so it's like close numb. Geary's like he's like, go ahead and draw, you know. So I'm like, okay, so picture this. I'm like full draw, like I'm on the camera, I'm about to get film this or whatever, and I'm I'm full draw in the buck. It is probably like where the door is, and like right when I get it all the way back, my arrow falls off and not.
Speaker 3: You, I think it's still on the it's just hanging. It fell off the knock and it's just in the h Gary's.
Speaker 7: Films see this at the time, and the deer is slowly walking closer and I literally am.
Speaker 3: Like hey, and I look over and I was like I couldn't just like I couldn't, Like yeah, I was like. I literally was like I was like put my hair.
Speaker 7: And he reaches his hand inside knocks it inside my seventy cowbo. I swear to Gosh that the buck is right in front of me. He sticks it back on the on the knock and a letter eat and that my hand was really it was tom dude, like the craziest thing ever.
Speaker 3: Oh that's it was insane.
Speaker 4: That's adrenaline. Don't like that.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, it was crazy. That's awesome to me. That's the But that was my first boat kill.
Speaker 4: That's the beauty.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 5: Off his knees.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's what hunt does, right, Like, it puts those and you can go back. I mean like you lived it.
Speaker 4: I mean you just did it beautifully, but like you could relive every second of that in your head. And how long ago was that?
Speaker 3: It was like two two years.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, like that kind of stuff it sticks with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I mean like I'm looking at these deer right here, in these animals, and it's not like, look what I did. It's it's for me to the story, dude.
Speaker 1: It's for me to think back about about that deer on the back ridge of Wayne County and me and Dana sharing that experience and that deer in Illinois that we hunted and lost publishing deals over, and it's just like that's the Yeah, that's the that's the that's the dream.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: What's what's it like getting to like share your passion?
Speaker 5: It's I mean, it's cool. Well, already I'm being honest, Charlie is the luckiest guy ever.
Speaker 3: Will go on it.
Speaker 9: We must be must be nice to believe this, by the way, says that about any outdoor activity we do.
Speaker 5: It's like, Okay, we're gonna go hunt public on real foot duck hunting. We're gonna shoot a six man, Charlie comms, and we did. He came one day. He's like, I'm starting to believe it. I'm like this, let's do it again hard, which is the hard part. I'm just like that deer hunt. But now it's cool, man. I mean, I was kind of late to the fold on the turkey hunting stuff. I grew up deer hunting, but like my dad didn't turkey hunt, so I didn't.
Speaker 3: That was myddad didn't either, So I didn't untill in that area.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so now it's just like I quit them all just to do these, to have If I could have those six seven weeks of spring, I wouldn't hunt anything else. I just like, I love it that much. It's just like, I mean, I know and people think it is, but it's like, uh, that's that's just my things are.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's that's how them are.
Speaker 5: Just that Alabama, you know, Salabama, South Mississippi. It's like when you grow up, you can't chase I mean, you kill one hundred ten intes deer and in Pearl River County, Mississippi, or what have you done something like it ain't there.
Speaker 3: It's just there.
Speaker 5: So it's like you find what I mean. But yeah, it's just kind of the culture, and you know, I don't know, I just kind of like I just fell into that and not like I don't have any like hobbies, Like I only have like four things I really just love to do. One of them just happens to be songwriting and playing music. Now that's turkey hunting. And it's like so it's like like this last dear season, I went twice and then I went during the run, I just went up and bummed on some public land close to y'all's neck of the woods, and I passed on like this small, little cold It looked like a little eight point because I was like two miles deep in there, and I full drawed on them and everything, and I was like, man, this is just gonna be a hassle.
Speaker 7: I've passed on a couple of deers and I just drawed it back, and it's like, you know, look, yeah, especially I wouldn't if I was in like Nebraska, if I was like on a trip, or you know, if you're in your backyard and you're you're your hunt leaves and missip or whatever.
Speaker 5: It's like, you know, I remember y'all used to get onto James and Rogers, the six point Killers. Dude, I sling one on his spike.
Speaker 3: I don't give a rip.
Speaker 7: Would fit good in the hunting club. I'm in the Mississippi Buddy the sling, but I don't care.
Speaker 4: Ba.
Speaker 3: Simply it's out.
Speaker 1: What's your what's your favorite way eat turkeys? What do you what's your favorite?
Speaker 7: I mean it's hard not to just we got the tragger, not the trigger, the black stone. Yeah, we throw down on some hibachi a lot of times with it. And then uh had this recipe my wife does. It's like it's like a it's like a coconut or like the bass. You put it in so it's kind of got you almost eat it almost like a soup. Uh over rice.
Speaker 3: It's got like uh your yeah, it has like a brothy but it's but it's like sweet broth.
Speaker 5: It's kind of interesting. So it's like and you can throw hot sauce on him, you know, whatever your flavor is. But it's like we do that a lot, and I'll just do that or any I mean, I eat the legs. I know a lot of people just breast them. But it up tacos and you know, buffalo sauce.
Speaker 3: Slider bacon around it too. It's pretty good.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'll just take the breast and just throw it straight on the grill to salt rock.
Speaker 3: But them fried turkey nuggets. It's easy, like the pickle juice recipe, like get it, Like the Chick fil A.
Speaker 7: You're like introducing people to like wild game, like that's it's a good flower to publics and get the Chick fil A sauce and just.
Speaker 4: Do it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I fed my wife rear buy in the Sky. She's never had it.
Speaker 4: I've never had it.
Speaker 5: It's good, buddy, like this not like you're eating like you're eating a bird.
Speaker 3: She's like it's bizarre, like it's that much.
Speaker 7: Like yeah, it's literally is is it the breast that you're that you're yeah, yeah, And it's just it's just a dark.
Speaker 3: It's just a dark.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't say like this. It's like just almost like a lean steak. It's like a a but it really is good. Like you cook it right. You can probably mess it. I can mess anything up, but you cook it right, it's pretty good.
Speaker 4: We've been talking about it forever. We just we spend so much, so much time of the deer.
Speaker 5: I guess your battles, buddy.
Speaker 4: We save everything from that time of the year so much so that we sacrifice other seasons. We'll slip out.
Speaker 5: It's the same with me, but like that, it's like, hey, dude, I'm like, if this is going to earn me that I will not I I want to go this weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to do that.
Speaker 1: I'm excited, man, I really, I'm I'm fired up this year for some reason. And I've been fired up. I always get fired up. But like, man, honestly, honestly, it used to be I used to be more passionate about it, but now it's it's it was comparative to dove season for me, like it was just something to scratch the itch to get me in the woods.
Speaker 5: In'sterested that kind of like, Hey, we go kill our turkey and it's fun.
Speaker 3: My turkey cup is is is not huge.
Speaker 1: All I need is one one good goblining morning fly down, see one struck, and see one drumming in front of me, and see one flopping dude, and my turn.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 5: I kill that one.
Speaker 3: I'm like, where's the next one.
Speaker 1: I kind of feel that way this. I'm kind of mad that they they took the limit down a little bit, like yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, why why we I first moved been here longer than I have, but it's like, yeah, you kill four, no doubt. It's that COVID year. Man, everybody was at at the house. I mean, how much y'all turkey hunting COVID every day day?
Speaker 3: Same?
Speaker 7: He even said that, like he was like, I guarantee you they're going to change the limit after COVID.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, because like your weekend warrior, who might kill one a year, he's killing he's going every day you can dumbm into four turkeys.
Speaker 3: Especially Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah jokers. Now they got robo decoys and man, y'all are awesome.
Speaker 3: Crazy, y'all are awesome. I'm a huge fan.
Speaker 4: Yeah we knew you were.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no surprise, appreciate We need to hang out, I know, man, you know, way south of town too. I'm forty five the other way.
Speaker 3: You are in Columbia, Yeah, spring Hill, Columbia down there. Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 5: That area bumping got in at a good time.
Speaker 3: The only area you can move now that you can afford in this damn town.
Speaker 4: It's crazy and even now it's just like you get you.
Speaker 3: A little you got a little piece out there.
Speaker 5: Now, how many acres you got out there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, must be the episode, the name of the episode. It must be nice with episode.
Speaker 4: Hey, we gotta do gravy. Let's do gravy.
Speaker 3: Wait, can y'all give us a little bit of ten ninety?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, Oh yeah, I want to do. Let's do ten ninety and then let's do then we'll then we'll do gravy. I just want to I want to hear top fifty, right, you break breaking the top fifty rocket?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Man, Sorry, we're.
Speaker 3: New to the radio things.
Speaker 7: It's like we explained this to like our radio reps and stuff. We're like, we don't know anything about this is this good? And they're like this is great, like this is flying most sick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's all. Yeah, school man, are you ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Give him from the verse. When the rivers raging.
Speaker 4: I'll be the levy.
Speaker 3: I'll be steady, hand this hold and all I'll be if you you change the scene, read.
Speaker 8: Well, let me be away, and you as a clothes and inns a doll give me you you worn't study and din give you my best.
Speaker 10: When you only got in our bed ninety left it. So go on run mereckie long as you haven't a street. Don't everybody meeting me middle when amlready on your range?
Speaker 3: Heck yea dude, heck yeah. Yeah, that's so good. First song radio man. Good for y'all.
Speaker 4: Maca grats, Yeah, does it should do it? Yeah? I hey, Taylor, does or not? You've already cultivated an unbelievable career and unbelievable story. Proud of y'all, the town, it's proud of y'all, Like, we know what you put into it. We know how hard the journey was, and it's it's it is sweet satisfaction to watch you reap the reward, no doubt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, we can feel it.
Speaker 7: Man it We've got a lot of friends that you know in the business that like support us, and they're like, man, it's crazy, it's so cool to see this finally.
Speaker 4: Beautiful, beautiful thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gravorite tune, greatest slash favorite.
Speaker 4: Uh, you know what you're gonna do, you'll kind of didn't know what you're gonna do.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give him. Oh okay, it's in drop. Let's see, let's see, let's see all I can move it with you.
Speaker 4: I never have picks, but I have one there.
Speaker 3: Protect at home, which you know you can't. I know you heard that.
Speaker 7: Don't wanna outline a battle love at first sight?
Speaker 3: I never knew that was worth true.
Speaker 7: You walked in night on took just want loop to knock me in off of my feet.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not a man of many worse. And while I'll make this short.
Speaker 5: And swim, could you what he?
Speaker 3: Ain't you gonna anybody as he? Would you want to be my baby?
Speaker 8: Night?
Speaker 7: Ye'll take a chancelow dance, make a little room as honey, It'll be all right.
Speaker 2: Early.
Speaker 7: You got me wishing we were hugging, in a kissing, in a holding each other time?
Speaker 3: So could you would he? Ain't you gonna anybody? Ask you?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: You want to be? My baby?
Speaker 5: To?
Speaker 2: Night?
Speaker 3: Blood? Where can I get it?
Speaker 2: Get on there?
Speaker 3: You got a man that sings home, you got to pick a different one.
Speaker 4: Exactly right, That's exactly right.
Speaker 1: Hey man, dude, y'all are crushers man, y'all killers, yelling, yell are awesome.
Speaker 3: Thanks for hanging out with it, Thanks for having us, man, that was a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Of course, there's a lot of an hour and a half. I could have gone three and a half.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, that's how it feels. After like every podcast, I'm like, oh man, it's over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know. That was That was a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: It's been cool though to see like kind of like like you said, like last time we did this, it was cool. Like the media network, the whole te man really awesome.
Speaker 3: Thank you every.
Speaker 5: Weekend and week out. I'm like, they're gonna they want to have us. They got some really cool.
Speaker 3: People out here. It's crazy to see how it's all just giving y'all man, you know yeah, yeah, Silver Platter.
Speaker 4: Must be.
Speaker 1: Hanging out Guy's Country with us. Y'all boys are awesome. Thanks for chilling with us. And what was Left Behind coming out April eleventh. That song you just turt not that one, but the one before ten nineties out now on the radio. Y'all request it, spin it, love it, support these boys. That's right, that's right, that's right, and thanks maning out God's country.
Speaker 4: Peace,