Speaker 1: Welcome in We're Driving the Great Episode three seventy six. As always, this episode is presented to you by boost Mobile a ton to do. As Major League Baseball playoffs are in full swing. I was in attendance for Game three Yankees Blue Jays and listen, I gotta say that Judge home run. And credit to the Blue Jays, they were the better team all series. They dominated the Yankees in that series. They deserve to move on. But that Judge home run was one of the most electric in person moments I've ever been a part of. And I didn't even like I didn't have an investment in the game except the fact that if the Yankees won, I got the next day off from work because we were preempted. But him coming through in that moment and oddly demonse, it made me feel like you should feel better about one day Lamar having a similar postseason moment.
Speaker 2: For real, like, just make it all that much sweeter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Judge had been has been in a his It's not an over exaggeration to say a historically great regular season player with the numbers and the accolades to back that up. Truly one of the greatest players of not just his generation, but any generation. He's in that class who had year in year out, played some of his worst baseball in the postseason. And I understand for the Yankees, you know, it's another year without a World Series sixteen. Now it's it's a year where they, you know, don't even make the ALCS as a team. It's disappointing. But Judge was phenomenal start to finish of this playoff run, and that three run bomb to tie the game and keep their season alive was all time. It was really really all time. We're gonna obviously spend a lot of time today on Week six in the NFL. Tomorrow we will get into our gambling show, where again the story of our gambling show this season has been I go two and three every week, Demande hits his teaser every week. Sadly, that's basically I haven't quite gone two and three every week. I went three and two once or twice. But I've been doing decidedly below mediocre, and Demonte's been crushing on the teasers, including a teaser that he didn't actually put on the show, but he did bet so really he's five and one on these ridiculous eight points. I ain't three teamers that he just can't lose on. Also, I am not yet ready to dive in to the NBA. I know preseason's going on, and that also means I am not going to even though this will make our YouTube overlords very unhappy and some of the data and analytics people in charge of this pod unhappy because this would do numbers, But I just don't have the time, energy, or urge right now to respond to the single most high profile person in sports media saying paraphrasing essentially, but saying that if a forty soon to be forty one year old player in year twenty three has a bad game, I'm going to assume he might be drunk. I'm not going to entertain that commentary. And I did funny thing real quick before we get into the full show. So the whole bit demonse that I did about how anybody being fooled by Lebron's tweet was a dope. I was on Lebotard show yesterday and he asked me about it, and I basically did the same bit that Lebron's tweet was an IQ test that you if you got fooled by it, you're a dummy. And what I didn't know was that Lebotard had been oh, this whole I go, I do this whole brand. And then Dan just very calmly, he's like, well, he's like, so Nick's calling me an idiot to my face, and I and listen, Dan's the greatest.
Speaker 2: I have great relationship for him.
Speaker 1: No, I love him, but I think and he's a good enough sport. I think he thought I knew that I was talking about him, but I didn't know I was talking about generals. I would have been a little nicer with it, or I would have attempted to be funnier with it and directly make fun of him in a lighthearted way. Instead, I just very matter of factly, was like, if you thought he was announcing his retirement, I don't think you're a very smart person. And then after I got done saying that, Dan was like, well, I was one of those people. So that wasn't great. But we recovered. All right, let's get to straight. The voicemail brought to you by boost Mobile. Jonathan Gannon find one hundred grand for hitting de Marcado on the sideline. Jerry Jones find quarter of a million dollars for his obscene gesture people are gonna look at those as portionate. The Yeah, and Jerry was like I tried to go thumbs up.
Speaker 2: I went middle finger.
Speaker 1: The problem is there is a precedent owner. Oddly, there is a we have been through the owner flipping off fans thing. It was Bud Adams with the Titans like fifteen years ago. So the fine was a quarter of a million then, so it's got to be a quarter of a million now. It also kind of means Jerry got off cheap because of inflation and all that stuff. I do. We didn't really talk much much about it. The Jonathan Gannon thing. To me, I I don't think i'd fire him because of it, so I think one hundred k is the right amount. But I did think it was a terrible look and I do wonder how correct how the locker room he's gonna respond and the Yannest. Here's what I'll say about the Yiannis trade rumors. Quickly. Did you see the report about his family?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like they went back, they want to go back to Athens. His wife preferred to be out there.
Speaker 1: His wife and kids are going to live in Athens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was not to me.
Speaker 1: An unrelated story to Yanni's potentially leaving Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: And playing in his hometown.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, In that I listen, I'm sure Yannis is spread in Athens is sick, and Athens is you know, I've never been to Greece, but I've kind of nothing but amazing things about how beautiful it is and the weather and the food and the people all that. So I'm sure it's great. But do I think that his you know, Kevin O'Connor pointed out that the only US city with direct flights to Athens is New York City. I think it's Newark.
Speaker 2: It might be JFK.
Speaker 1: But either way that that's something. But do I also think that is that are there may be American cities that provide more of the things Athens provides than Milwaukee. That if Jannis we're playing in the family would be back there because this is the NBA season, buddy, is long, and to have your wife and four young children halfway around the world is enrolled in school over there, that's jarring. And so I found that story to be a kind of tied to Jannie's potential future in Milwaukee, Like I.
Speaker 2: Think that always has them on eggshells over there in Milwaukee. I feel like he's.
Speaker 1: Correct, but and like he also seems like a real family guy. Yeah, and if he was borderline unhappy in Milwaukee already, how is it going to play now that he's after practice just going home by himself. Like, that's a tough one. And so that is to me something to watch, all right. Reminder everybody like grate subscribe, subscribe review to the pod. Also, one last thing for it, we get to the Belichick thing. I was going to give you this compliment privately, but I'm gonna give it to you publicly, and privately i'll give you more details on it. I watched a pod recently I'm not gonna name names here, privately I will, and it had a very similar dynamic where there was the main host whose name is on it, who is the person that people know, and then the person who sets things up plays in your role seemingly was either friends or family.
Speaker 2: With the host.
Speaker 1: Okay, like you know that that's the connection. And I've actually now seen two pods like this, but one in particular. And if you have any insecurity or whatever about how good of a job you are or aren't doing, I'm gonna have you watch this other pod. You're crushing it, bro compared to your compared to your contemporaries, the people in the same role who like got put on because like, hey, the guy who's show it is wants to do it with them. Like if those are if those aren't, Just like I've talked about my media rivals, If those are your rivals, you're killing the game. So feel good about it. Pale all right, like Brass Tribe review to the pod before we get to NFL Week six, I want to talk about Bill Belichick. Let's get to it.
Speaker 2: So, Yeah, things have not been going well over there in u NC for Bill Belichick. They are off to a two and three start, and there's even talks of the documentary being canceled, but I think that's actually canceled. And there's there's other talks of Bill Belichick initiating his own million million dollar buyout. You wanted to talk about this. Things are looking rough for Bill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so listen. I think that it is noteworthy what Ali Connolly is saying. So you guys might be like, who is Oli Connolly? People that listen to NFL Daily Greg Rosenthal's Great Pod are familiar with Ali Connolly He also has a sub stack in a newsletter called The Read Optional. I think he also is involved in some of in but he's in the UK.
Speaker 2: He's a.
Speaker 1: He's in the UK. I don't know if he's British. If he's Irish, I'm not sure. I think he's British. I know that that's one you don't want to get wrong. My apologies regardless. The reason I am mentioning it is he was the guy who broke Belichick to North Carolina, and people initially like one of the reasons they it didn't get taken as gospel initially was because it's like, why is this guy in the UK breaking this story? But he had it first by a lot. So he then yesterday sent out the following tweet thread that I want to read to the audience again. The guy who first had Belichick to Carolina told us this. Bill Belichick has discussed buyout options with North Carolina's hierarchy. Belichick has signaled a willingness to trigger his own million dollar buyout if he can find a soft landing with another team or in media he goes on. Members of Belichick's coaching staff have already spoken to other schools that are expected to be in the College Football Playoff about taking on roles during the postseason. From one coach quote, the rats are leaving the ship end quote. Some staffers believe a change will come within two weeks. Reports of serious recruiting violations remain under investigation at UNC. Recruiting and practice violations have already been proven by the school, according to multiple sources, Using recruiting violations to knock down a coach's buyout has become a standard practice. If Belichick cannot find a landing spot to trigger his own buyout, he's expected to accept a greatly reduced compromised rate. More on that in a second. I'll explain it. Belichick's community Back to Dolly Connolly. Belichick's communication with his staff in the past two weeks has been described as weird and distant by multiple members of UNC's coaching staff. Multiple coaches were unable to get a hold of him during un c's bye week last week. From one UNC defensive assistant, what we've done to these kids is eft up end of tweet threat. So let me just give a little explanation about the buyout stuff, so people understand. If Belichick gets fired, they owe him like twenty million. If Belichick leaves on his own accord one thought, potentially for another job, they Belichick or whoever's hiring him has to pay one million. What Ali is reporting is that it is now on the board that Belichick pays that million himself just to bounce, just to be out of there, or if that doesn't happen, if he doesn't have you know, like they said soft landing, that he agrees to a greatly reduced number off that twenty million. But what Ali Connelly is reporting, the too long didn't read version is this thing's already over If you already have coaches talking about who they're going to coach this year's playoffs, it's over there. And that would be we have talked about like can Belichick, is it fair? Can your legacy ever go backwards? In sports? Right? Like all Let's say bron was in year twenty five and averaged three points a game and was terrible, Like, would that be fair to hold against him? And my general rule has always been you shouldn't. You should not be penalized for continuing to do something if like, if your legacy was here, I'm putting my hand if you're listening, up to my eyebrows, basically, and if you quit, it was going to end there. Then continuing to play your coach. It doesn't necessarily have to raise it, but you shouldn't go backwards, right. There are rare instances, though, where it feels like people do go backwards. I think Russell Wilson posts Seattle. I think he went backwards a little. I think of Russell Wilson after when Seattle had said I'm retiring, and we never saw him be bad. We never saw him on awful teams, We never saw teams repeatedly move on from him. We would hold him in a probably higher light. For Belichick, for the the thing at Carolina. I didn't think he needed to be great there. But the fact that they are yet to beat a Power five school. The three legitimate teams they've played have beaten them by an average of twenty six points per game, and they are averaging on scoring themselves eleven points per game, and he might just be ready to call it holy smokes man. I it is unfathomable that it would have gone on this wrong, this gone this wrong, And I say this with all sincerity. It is a bit of a lesson and not just Hubris. But in what can happen if you only surround yourself with acolytes and with yes men like the GM is Lombardi whose whole the only you know, the only relevance he has left in the NFL and in football is his relationship with Belichick. I don't listen, I don't relish saying that for me. I don't know how much of the audience knows this. But when I started with Fox, I did a three time a week, two time a week for a full football season podcast where it was just me and Mike Lombardi. It's called make Me Smarter. I mean, I know the guy, but I get fair is fair. I have to call it what it is like. In the last decade, his connection to pro football has been his connection to Belichick. Lombardi's kid is on the coaching staff. Both of belichick kids are on the coaching staff. They they have they have not. There is not a lot of new ideas coming in. They seemingly did a very poor job in the transfer portal. And I mean there was the quote I wish I could tell.
Speaker 2: You where I saw going against the integrity of the game. But their recruiting process and all that, like, he's it sounds like they were kind of cheating a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, so that so that listen, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I how much of that is true or.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know enough yet about the recruiting violations. And I also, to be totally honest, don't even know what's legal and what's illegal in college, Like I don't even know what, Like it seems like I don't know how you could break the rules these days, like and so that part of it is odd, but set that aside. There was a quote from a coach of a non power five square last week that said, yeah, I knew North Carolina was going to be screwed because they were recruiting all the same players we were. He's like, whenever there's a team that is recruiting all of the guys we're after, I know that team is not going to be able to compete at the top level, but they so they and that sounds mean from the coach, but that coaches. Again, I'm not saying what school exact because I don't know, but he's saying he's coaching a small school and so they should not be going after this. North Carolina should be able to get elite players and did again. I don't want I don't want to put you on the spot here, but you had a friend or someone you knew.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was, but he he ended up going to Colorado, but he he Yeah, he went on, did the whole process. I think he was going to do it, but you know, playing at Colorado this year.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, but he was recruited by Belichick's crew. Yeah, as a transfer student. Right, he wasn't a graduating senior. He was transferring somewhere, right, Those seventy kids that transferred into North Carolina did.
Speaker 2: It yeah for Bill. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And if we are five games in and they're already talking buyout and just giving up, that's pathetic, man. And I do think that. And I try to always be consistent and honest on this.
Speaker 2: I so.
Speaker 1: The revisionist history that some folks do, acting as if those first three Super Bowls weren't teams that were led by the defense into which Belichick was in charge of. I'm not down for that. And the final Super Bowl they held the Sean McVeigh, Todd Gurley Good, Jared goff Rams to three points. So I am not going to act like Belichick was carried by Tom Brady. I don't think that is the case at all. I think they both helped each other greatly. But I'm also not going to act like.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: The last half decade has not been an abject disaster for Bill. He's stopped being able to draft, he made outrageous coaching staff decisions, his personal life became very public and a legitimate distraction. All the bridges with New England seem to have been burnt. And now he goes to North Carolina and we're talking about it being over already. That's a train wreck. And there is not yet any coach, any modern coach Demons that has a close enough resume to Belichick's to start a reel who's the best coach ever?
Speaker 2: Debate?
Speaker 1: But if we get you know, Andy is the obvious one that has a shot. But I but I'm not trying to make this about the Chiefs. I'm not even really trying to make this about Andy. The point I'm making is this, if somebody gets close how it is ending for Bill will hurt him. The fact that it was just rank incompetence across the board. The moment Tom left even will make people do something that I think is unfair, as I said a moment ago, which is start to put a bit of a curve negative curve on what he did with Tom, and so I normally would not.
Speaker 2: Leading with this. All this was with Tom and then like every single thing he did after that.
Speaker 1: It's been a disaster. It's and so and again.
Speaker 2: But the thing was is him trying to recover on that. It's like, oh, I went to college, look at what I did and.
Speaker 1: Correct or and that's one of the reasons he wanted to go to another NFL team to show he could do it. And so it will just like again just to bring up the Andy piece of it, like Andy had an awesome run without Patrick Mahomes, you know, like double digit playoff appearances, went to a super Bowl, multiple conference championship appearances, all like they it didn't get to the top of the mountain. But was an excellent coach without Patrick. Now he had Donovan mcnabby and Mike Vick. He had good It's not like he had terrible quarterbacks. Obviously had really really good quarterbacks. And so it's not an apples to apples comp I'm not acting like it is. But and nobody cares about like where did Vince Lombardi. See, you know how I know nobody cares. I don't even remember like Vince Lombardi did he finish with the Saints, the oh no, Washington, Washington for a year, Like people don't tend to care about, you know, the final chapter of an all time legend if it even if it doesn't go well. But this has gone so horrifically, Like nobody does the audience remember what Bill Parcell's final stop was, and it was the Dolphins. But he wasn't the head coach. He was the you know, basically the guy in charge of everything, and so people don't people don't typically hold that stuff against you. But this is such a train wreck that and I, by the way, I believe Ali Connolly. If Ali Connelly says this could happen in the next couple of weeks, This could happen in the next couple weeks. And what I think is now locked and why it's worth discussing and then we'll move on. I think it is. I think it is now minus one thousand that Belichick is not the head coach of North Carolina next year, which leads us to this, and then I promise we will move on I guess he's just not gonna coach again. Like if the NFL was leary of him after the Patriots stint, then I guess this is just how it ends. What a crummy ending, man.
Speaker 2: And hey, if you they just start winning games.
Speaker 1: They're not good. I mean, I don't think they recruited the right players. I don't think they And it seems like there was an article on w R A L Yeah, which is like the A rally Raleigh the city in North Carolina? Is it Raleigh Rally? I'm gonna pronounce it wrong, Raleigh, I think. BUTMANI used to live there. The that uh about the dysfunction and the infighting amongst players about It's a bad situation.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to the NFL. Today's show is brought to you by our new presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet. If you love excuse me, if you love betting on sports or you just love sports, I want to try betting hard Rock Bet sports. But Gap makes it simple plus packed with great insights and NonStop promos every day of the week. Bright lights of the Big Apple set the stage for Week six. Tonight Eagles Giants, But I'm already looking ahead to Sunday Night in Kansas City. Game of the year, not quite Game of the Year, but a great game. Hard Rock Bet stats up right there in the app tells you what everything that's going on. Here's what the app is showing me, Arrowhead. We already know this one of the toughest places to play for a reason. Kansas City has won twelve in a row as a home favorite. Also, the app told us last week Kareem Hunt had found the end zone in six straight October games. It's now seven because he did it again. If you seven dried your first bet on a hard Rock Bet, there's still time for you to get one hundred dollars in bonus bets if you win. Just place a five dollars bet and if it hits, you get not only your winnings but also an extra one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets. Plus Tonight on hard Rock Bet you can get a Thursday Night profit boost for the game boost your same game parlay or SGP Max, so your bet pays extra winnings new pro almost every day. So if you're listening to this later, just open the app and check out what you've got. Any day of the week. Download the hard Rock Bet app today, take a look around and make your first deposit. Payable and bonus bets not a cash offer offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida. In Florida offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC and all other states, must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one eight eighty eight. Admit it in Indiana. If you are someone you know as a gambling problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem, Call one eight hundred gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee or Virginia. All right, DEMANSI, let's get to this Thursday night game.
Speaker 2: The Eagles are heading to the met Life them and the Giants are coming off a loss. Herts and Saquon kind of downplay in the converse they had with aj Brown Sakwon, kind of saying that it shouldn't have gotten out or it should have stayed between the two, the three of them. I guess, is there anything that the Eagles can do to kind of quiet the noise?
Speaker 1: Yes, play a normal game. I mean, you're gonna have a standalone national TV audience against a bad Giants team. Can you just play a normal game? Handle your business, have a nice mix of running pass, not this bipolar offense half to have, Like, I don't some of this stuff for Philly, I have to say is self inflicted. Two years ago, when they were ten and one to start the season, they kept talking about how something felt off. Yeah, we're but we're not playing our best ball, and then it spiraled totally out of control to losing six of their final seven, including the playoff game. They then made massive changes on the with the coordinators in the offseason. Last year, everything was fine until AJ Brown then you know, said yeah, we need to basically get better in the passing game. And then Brandon Graham, who was still on the team, did a radio interview saying, yeah, I don't know what happened with Aj and Jalen. They used to be super close. That was not the The media was not looking for something there. And then AJ Brown started reading books on the sideline like that all, they did that themselves. Now they won the Super Bowl anyway this year. Yeah, Aj said a little something, but it was really just the media and fans reacting to these bizarre games. The game against the Rams when they can do nothing in the first half, then the game against the Bucks when they do nothing in the second half, and then the game against the Broncos last week when they have a lead at halftime and just never run the ball again. There. How much of this is just Kevin Bittulo, I don't know, but it is a weird team to have this much success and this much self inflicted drama. I and and also, like other four and one teams are not having multi hour meetings between their best players to figure out what's going on. So just play a normal game, that's all, and you should be able to against the Giants.
Speaker 2: I loved what Dabel said in his presser. He's like, yeah, they got a lot of weapons over there in Philly. He's like that all the time.
Speaker 1: You saw that, Yeah, that was crazy.
Speaker 2: People don't smart.
Speaker 1: If people don't know, it was really smart, But you don't know what de Mondesay's talking about. Brian Dables asked about all this, and he talks about how many great players they have and all this stuff, and then he ends the answer with and I mean, if you turn on the film, hey J. Brown is open a lot like sewing a little discord, like, hey, why is he not getting the ball? I thought, I thought that was really sharp by Dable, and I liked it a lot.
Speaker 2: If the conversation wasn't such a huge deal, why do you think that it was leaked?
Speaker 1: So I do find it interesting that it got leaked, and I don't know who is incentivized to leak it, like I don't you. Usually the way to figure out where leaks are coming from, leaks really only come from two places. One is someone that wants to damage one of the parties involved, and the other one is someone who wants to look better by the information leaking right, So very often you can you can triangulate who a story came from based on who looks good in it, who looks bad in it. My issue is this, and this is the reason I can't figure this one out. Nobody that knows about this meeting wants bad things for the Eagles, and I can't imagine there's anybody in the meeting who thinks leaking this makes me or the team look good. So I don't know why I can't figure that one out. I was thinking about that because would be the It's usually not that hard to figure out where stories come from. You can never like definitively say it. But and if you can't, if there's ever little I think I've talked about this on the pod before, but a little for the very you know in tune football, consumer basketball as well, I guess if you ever wanted to know who within organizations might feed information good, bad, or indifferent to the media. It's a really cool thing most of the insiders do at the end of the year, which is they basically compile a list of all their leak sources for you in the form of keep a look out for this guy as an up and coming GM head coach, scout coordinator, and then it's a bunch of names of people we've never heard of. That is typically the payment the return for all. Right, you give me a heads up what's going on in the organization, and then I'll throw your name out there as man, this is a front office guy the whole league has its eyes on. So you can usually you know, read between the lines a bit. All right, one more follow up on this game.
Speaker 2: The Giants have allowed the six month most rushing yards of the NFL. Saquon obviously hasn't been able to get it going this year. Do you think this is the time that he can against his ex team?
Speaker 1: Tell me if you think this is fair. If Saquon, assuming you know, he gets carries, it's not like the second half of the Broncos game. If Saquon gets the opportunity to get it going tonight against his former team that has a bad rush defense and doesn't get it going, do you think it's fair to say he's not going to get it going this season.
Speaker 2: I mean, I always feel like when teams play like their X players, they're all on ten. And then especially the Giants were really pissed it him when he left. I don't know. I mean, those same guys were over there. But I mean he's also dealing with injury. I believe in Saquon. I just think it's I think it's a weird situation right now. I think it's also a little bit of the play calling as well.
Speaker 1: But no, I think it's all of the above, for whatever it's worth. Last year against the Giants Saquon in the first game against them, did he not?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he missed the last game against him. Yeah, it was the final game of the year. In the first game against him, he had seventeen carries for one hundred and seventy six yards all right, So they were really able to slow him down. I think it does. If has another quiet game, then I think it's fair to just be like, hey, this year, he's not gonna have a great year. The wear and tear of last season, the extra games, the extra carries. Did you already say that eighty three and a half?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean a touchdown.
Speaker 1: The touchdown prop to me is not instructive on how good of the game he has, you know, because so you you can have a well right, The toush push takes touchdowns away from him typically, but you could a running back can get a touchdown without having a great game. It's more about the yardage and listen, set at eighty three and a half. Given how this year is gone, it feels like the smart bets the under, but you gotta feel like he should be able to hit that over. I wouldn't bet in either direction, but he should be able to hit that over, folks. I am so excited to be able to see the NICKT. Madison Square Garden when the NBA season starts back up. And that's why I want to give the sponsor of today's video, seat Geek a huge shout out. With over twenty eight million downloads, seat geek is the number one rated ticketing app. There are more than seventy thousand events listed on seat geek, including concerts, sports, festivals, and more. With the NFL season here and the MLB Playoffs in full swing, now is the perfect time to get to a game. You guys know I love using seat geek. You guys know that I buy basically all my tickets, whether it be to Broadway shows, the US Open, any games I go to, I get oh the Ryder Cup, I get them on seat geek. And like I said, you guys, you open up the app, you type in the game you want to go to. Like, let me give you an example. I'm not gonna go to this game tonight, but if I wanted to go see Eagles Giants tonight at MetLife, you open up the app. They show you all of the available seats. Big green dots means you're getting a great deal little red dots means find a different deal, and they also rate them on a scale of one to ten, ten being the best. Of course, every ticket, of course is backed by their buyer guarantee. And if you guys can help me out, if the next time you use seat geek, use code right ten wright ten for ten percent off your next set of tickets at seat geek. That's ten percent off any tickets with promo code RTE ten. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later. Thank you to our friends at seat geek. All right, demanse, let's go to the next game, your.
Speaker 2: Chiefs in primetime again, this time against Detroit. Detroit we know has looked pretty well ever since that week when lost in Green Bay. Kansas City is two to three, coming off of brutal loss to Jacksonville. You guys really need this one. How are you feeling well?
Speaker 1: It would feel like it makes up for giving away the game to the Jags right that after that Ravens game when they steadied themselves. If you had said the Chiefs are gonna be three and three, getting Rashi rice back. You just said, Okay, like that. Now, the assumption would have been they win at Jacksonville and lose at home to the Lions. I thought they could win both those games. They obviously, you know, could have won the Jags game. We spent a lot of time on it on Tuesday. We don't have to rehash it. They they they didn't do it. I am going to spend a lot of time on this game during our pick show because the line is interesting. Of all the games where you thought the Chiefs might be home dogs, this would have been high on the list and they're not. The Lions are the hottest team in the league, and the Chiefs are coming off of many meltdown against Jacksonville, and the Chiefs are still the favorites. This is what I'll say. Being two to four through six weeks not a death knell, but not great. So how badly do they need it? They need it, And I also think they they have played so many high leverage playoff games that you don't want to be playing a ton of high leverage regular season games leading into the playoffs.
Speaker 2: And so the do you think the NonStop primetime games ever wayl in Kansas City.
Speaker 1: Well, listen. Yeah, I think the fact that they are the premiere I don't care what their record is. I don't care honestly that the Eagles won the Super Bowl. The Chiefs are the premier team in the league. And because of that, for five years or six years now, they get everyone's best shot. Every single week they and they play. They're under the spotlight more than any other team. They have the you know, like you said, prime time pressure, all of it, more than every other team. And I think they have dealt with it as well as any team in the history of the league since you know, other than Brady's Pats, to be totally fair, and they felt with it to me as well as Brady's Pats. But they're not typically in this position of a slow start now. The last time they lost the Super Bowl, and I've said this many times, will say it again, they started that year three and four, and if they lose this game, they're gonna start this year three and four. And you might say, well, they could start two and five their next games against the Raiders and after that, so that they should be fine on that front. But I I this is a huge spot and we'll talk about it more on Friday Show. I know you have a couple of quick follow ups on it.
Speaker 2: Though, Mahomes and Golf have gotten into a legendary shootout against each other before. What are you expecting in this one?
Speaker 1: I think it's gonna I think shootout is what it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: And also, Golf, I believe is one of the only act that maybe the only active starting quarterback that Patrick's played more than once that he's never beaten. I think he's zero to two against Golf the fifty four fifty one Classic on Monday Night six seven years ago and we see over. Yeah, I think those are the only two times they've played, and so oh that's I think that's an interesting little wrinkle to it. The bruises can tell me if I'm wrong on that, but I think that's in and that my be hard to look up in real time, but I think that's the case.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Uh, Golf, we know is a different quarterback when he's under pressure. Are you expecting a crazy game from Chris Jones or what are you expecting from Chris Jones?
Speaker 1: Listen? I think Chris. You know, Chris has to bounce back. It's a tough moment. For him at the end of that game. I'm not going to overreact to it was a tough moment, uh And you know, Patrick got a bad moment with the Big six, Chris had a bad moment with the play when Trevor fell down, and so you need your first ballot Hall of Fame guys to respond and I and I expect they will all right next game.
Speaker 2: All right, so it looks like we got Mac Jones again. Party's still dealing with that turf toe. You said there's no quarterback controversy in San Francisco, But if Mac Jones kid managed to pull this one off against Tampa Bay, who's kind of been humbled as well.
Speaker 1: I don't think there will be a controversy in the building. I don't think Shanahan is going to, you know, consider not playing Brock and he's healthy. But I do think there will be a lot of noise surrounding it. And I also think the better Mac plays and the better the team plays, the more cautious they'll be with Perty's injury that we're now told could linger all year. And I do think because of the injury, if Purdy comes back and plays really poorly, I think that there are they have an out to go back to mac Jones without being like we benched Brock to be like, no, he's not healthy, and listen, I think Shanahan will just They drafted a kid third overall and before he had barely played, they were like, no, we're going with Purty. They you know they are not will He is willing to simply play whoever he thinks that season. Those games give him the best chance. And I've been skeptical of the Niners, but you have to give him it for being four and one, dealing with all these injuries, and you know some Kittle will be back. The other receivers you know will be back. I don't know how much to expect from Ayuk, but they're a dangerous team at this point. And San Francisco Tampa is just an awesome game. It's one of the games of the weekend. What's one money lesson you wish you learned earlier? And how are you trying to pass that down to your kids? For all the parents out there with teenagers, we know you're already trying to keep a million different things under control. Cash app is here to help make your teen's money, and they're to help make sure your team's teens money and they're spending isn't adding to that craziness. With the cash App card, available to teens thirteen to seventeen with sponsorship by an eligible parent or guardian, every transaction triggers a real time notification for you to see, empowering your team to practice independence while giving you peace of mind keeping track of their spending. No mon fees, no minimum balance requirements, and no hidden charges. When sending a receiving money with the cash app card, you and your team's balances received twenty four to seven fraud monitoring, and if something ever feels off, you have the ability to lock their card right from your phone in just one app. Parents, it's time to start focusing on your team's financial learning and growth instead of stressing about the fine print. If you're ready to give your team more independence while staying in the loops, start by downloading cash App and setting up their account today. For a limited time, new cash App customers can earn ten dollars if they use code family ten in their profile at sign up and send five dollars to a friend within fourteen days. Terms apply. Cash app is a financial services platform, not a bank. Banking services provided by cash Apps Bank Partners, prepaid debit cards issued by Sutton Bank member FDIIC. Visit cash app dot com, Slash Legal Slash podcast for full disclosures. Demondsit your sister's only she turned twelve yes day, when she turned thirteen. I think you should maybe put her on the cash app card since she's hit you up for money all the time. Might have Our twelve year old has really been running a hell of a scam, which is sending texts to her brother, her sister, her mom, and me asking for money, seeing who replies, and if multiple people reply, just holding onto the balance.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I gotta say. I gotta say. I didn't know she was asking anybody else for money. I thought it was the only one. I literally thought it was the only one.
Speaker 1: Well, she gave up asking her sister for money when she asked her sister for money and her sister sent her a screenshot of her bank account that said she had a dollar thirty in it. But child yesterday yesterday, her school went to a Broadway show and it was her birthday, and so she asked me for money. She was like, the concessions are very expensive, and so I sent her because it was I sent her more money than I know. I usually send her like seven dollars, like the something like that. But she was at a Broadway show and it was her birthday. I sent her twenty five dollars. And then I saw when I picked her up she had sour Patch kids, she had a soda, and she had a souvenir magnet that she bought for your mother. Because she is the sweetest little.
Speaker 2: Girl in the world.
Speaker 1: So it was very very nice of her. But I also know that you cannot get sour Patch kids, a collector's cup, soda, and a magnet for twenty five dollars. So I said, how did you pay for that? She's like, with the money you sent me. I was like, that had to be more than twenty five dollars. She's like, yeah, but I already had money. I'm like, oh, so she had money on her phone asked me for money because she wanted to buy more stuff. So I'm just saying, just had on a swivel, buddy had on a swivel, And maybe you sign her up for the cash app card when she turned thirteen next year. All right, let's get to the next game.
Speaker 2: Uh So, Monday, last year's top two picks, Kle Williams and Jane Dames are facing off, and we remember how last year went with the hail Mary. Who needs this game? Who needs this game more?
Speaker 1: Between the I think the Bears coming off of bye, I think the Bears need it more. And I also think that we are in a very cool spot where twenty ish games into these guys' careers, we really don't know Caleb, Jaden, Drake, Who's who's gonna be the best of them? We just don't know it like it was we knew the last time when it was ced Bryce, CJ, Anthony Richardson. It was very clear, and even though CJ is regressed a bit, there's been no debate at any point who the best quarterback in that class is gonna be. It's CJ. Anthony can't get on the field and Bryce is about to get taken off the field. Jaden obviously had this transcendent, historic rookie season, but I still think Caleb is a viable option that he might end up being the best of that class, and Drake may some people think he already is the best of that class. So this is a really fun game and for Washington, it's to basically reassert themselves as Hey, we're just as good as we were last year, as long as Jaden is playing like. We lost a weird Thursday night game with a bunch of injuries to Green Bay, and then you know, we lost another game without Caleb, but we're here. And for Chicago, it's a way to stay on optimistic schedule for the season off of by play Jaden outplay him, get to three and two and then have the Saints, Ravens, Bengals Giants as your next four. And at the beginning of the year that didn't sound like an easy stretch because of at Ravens at Bengals. Right now, at Ravens at Bengals is about as easy of a road stretch as you can have now. Again, Lamar should be back for that game, so that changes things. But yeah, the Bears. The Bears need to win that game, certainly more than Washington does. Hey, guys, are you thinking about upgrading to the all new iPhone seventeen Pro design to be the most powerful iPhone ever? But you're also thinking about all the traffic on your way to the store, the headache of transferring all your data. Good news when you order a new phone online with boost Mobile, they'll send an expert to your homework work to deliver your brand new iPhone seventeen Pro and get you all set up on boost Mobile within minutes, no hassle. Visit boostmobile dot com to get started. Delivery available for select devices purchased at boostmobile dot Com. Terms apply. All right, let's do Cincy green Bay real quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Cincy is heading over to Green Bay and they are fourteen point dogs. I don't know what that is because Cincinnati just created for Joe Flacco. Joe flaccoll obviously beat Green Bay earlier in the season. Do you think it's possible you can repeat this.
Speaker 1: I do not think it's possible he's going to repeat it. I am interested that Cincinnati wanted Flacco over Jamis. Like if I were trading for a veteran QB that I just like, hey man, can we just get the ball to our star receivers? I would have gone Jamis. And I also, here's my other thing. There's I have two other notes on this. One is that and I'll just never get over this. And I understand this is now almost ten years old, but I remember the insistence at times when people were trying to act like Colin Kaepernick was not blackballed from the NFL. One of the big things that would happen his first year of being black baled was when a quarterback got hurt and folks like me on TV were like, hey, you can call cap. The response would be like, oh, well, no reason to, because you know, the starter is supposed to be back in three weeks, and it would take him two or three weeks to get up to speed for the playbook anyway. And then every year we see an instance where it's like, no, that's not true. We saw Baker Mayfield the day after he got signed by the Rams win a game for them. Joe Flacco is going to play this week. He was traded for two days ago. And so that, you know, I just I feel almost an obligation to remind the audience how many people put their head in the sand that Colin Kaepernick was not being blackballed and just created narratives out of whole cloth that have no grounding and how actual NFL football works. The other one is this, if they name Bailey Zappi the second string quarterback over Shadoor, then we've got a real problem Again, I am not. I think I have been very fair. I've called balls and strikes on the Shador thing. I don't think many people have. I think a lot of people are trying to play to Twitter mentions or afraid of getting on the wrong side of people or whatever it is. But you cannot have Bailey Zappi jump Shador in the depth chart. You can't. And it is the idea of oh does not go ahead.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's also going to get to a point where the Browns when it's like, if Gabriel, they might as well just get you know, five games in from Gabriel, five games in from Shador or whatever, they can test some stuff out. You guys aren't about to do anything.
Speaker 1: I think that's what the owner wants them to do. But I think that the Browns themselves, in fairness, if Gabriel plays well, then he should just stay the starter right like the you know it would they they should. There should be no circumstances where Gabriel is playing really well and they're like, no, we have to put you to the bench to play. Sure, that shouldn't happen. Yeah, if it's mediocre, at some point you got to play Shador. You'll want to see some of Shador. But if you put Bailey Zappy in, we we have a we have a problem. We and I not even if you put him in, if he is listed as the backup quarterback, I'm gonna have some real questions. All right, the mont let, Let's get some of the listener questions. Donna says, did I miss the picks again? Just a reminder for the audience. Picks Now is its own separate show that comes out on Fridays, So you guys will get all the picks and we will go through every single game other than Thursday night game on Friday for Friday Show.
Speaker 2: All right, Next, Curtis s which of the quarterbacks in the twenty eighteen draft class will win a Super Bowl? First? You got Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, and Lamar Jackson. Dude, that's I would.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think two of them could win it this year. And Baker and Josh I like that. That could be your super Bowl this year. Yeah, if the Bills make it, that's the super Bowl I think we'll get. I would say if I were I would say Josh, I would power rank it Josh Baker, Lamar Donald one through four. But that's all of a sudden turning into a monster quarterback class. And I'm sorry that we've got Baker out of Lamar, but I just, all of a sudden, I think Baker, at least for this season, is in a much better position.
Speaker 2: All right, Next, uh Zicco. As Colin said, Golf is one hundred percent Hall of Famer. I think he's not even close unless he wins uh wins super Bowls. What do you think?
Speaker 1: I didn't hear Colin say that Jared Goff is not even close to being a Hall of Famer. I mean, it's just like not. And I don't even think one super Bowl win would get him in. So like I I agree with you, Zeko, And I gotta Colin sometimes plays fast loose with the yeah, and I also gotta see what he actually said.
Speaker 2: All right. Last though, Ethan asked Nick, what's your favorite part about living in New York City? If you didn't have to work, would you stay there?
Speaker 1: The food and the culture and the big events that are here is my favorite part if I didn't have to work. Listen, there's the if. I I think New York City is an amazing place to live if the fact that it is obnoxiously expensive doesn't ruin it for you. So like I would have not enjoyed living here at all ten years ago. And you know, just so the I don't know how to say that without sounding like an I'm not trying to sound like an elitist. I'm not trying to I'm just being transparent to the audience. Like, if you're going to have money related stresses, that'll sap all of the cool parts of the city away from it, and so much of the cool parts of the city cost a lot, so the and so I assume it's similar to like Paris in that way, Like Paris is unbelievable if you can take advantage of all the things Paris has. All right, there's some stuff for Demonse quickly. Leons must be new to the show, says, what's this guy's name on the right, and who is he to nick? His name is Demanse and he's my son. Andy demands this snake update.
Speaker 2: Demons, Hey man, the snakes are all doing good. Everybody's eating well, we're just at that process is selling them. You know, I got a bunch of guys hitting me up about stuff that is not pictured. H So you know, we're just dealing with that. I think it's all going very well though. Everything looks healthy. Okay.
Speaker 1: I feel like you might be under underpricing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do think what do you like under like literally underpricing the snakes or underpriced?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I feel like, yeah, I feel like you should if you have a bunch of people trying to buy them, then I think you, you know, to have the most efficient market here, I think you should raise, keep raising what you're asking and once you get to a price point where nobody in.
Speaker 2: Exactly no, no, no, the price that I told the first person definitely changed from the second person after. Okay, Garson was like, oh, yeah, that's all good. But like I'm not a gouger, and it doesn't didn't jump crazy, but but I know that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the fact that you're not trying to overprice them, yeah, but I also think you maybe have underpriced them a bit. And John says that when you did the mind bit when talking about the Shure thing was hysterical and our listen, our producers are on a roll with legitimately funny things use code write ten for ten percent off your Snakes Demons Snake Depot all right, like rate, subscribe review to the pod Pick Show coming out tomorrow. Thank you, as always, to the Volume, and to Blue Duck and Do our wonderful sponsors hard Rock, Bet, Boost, Seat, Get Cash App and of course our friends at Zen. Talk to you tomorrow with our Pick Show