Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's look at some of the socks on the move today in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepga with Bloomberg reported claimber Lay, Good morning, Chovey. So over the weekend, it looks like some m and A interest being.
Speaker 1: Shown in WPP. Yeah, some m and A rumors for WPP.
Speaker 4: So it's reportedly drawing interest from Havass, which is a rival advertising agency and also potentially a private equity firm KKR as well. So this comes after really a series of struggles for the company cut its guidance just a few weeks ago. The share price has been on a big down spiral for a while, and it also lost quite big accounts over the.
Speaker 1: Last few years.
Speaker 4: So it was once the world's largest ad agency globally, but it has been a struggling quite a lot. Has been underperforming the closest rival Publicist by a wider and wider margin over the last two or three years. So it's been working on ways to kind of reignite that growth and streamline the business, cutting costs across the operations. But it seems that, you know, based on the share price reaction this morning, that investors might be thinking that a deal is actually a better option than that that could be actually the right way forward for WPP, given all of it's at troubles recently.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Indeed, so that in the advertising world, where you know, AI seems to be revolutionizing the way that advertising is delivered and made. Also, right, let's think about the defense company saab which has seen some recent success.
Speaker 4: Why, Yeah, it's been a really good week for saav actually, so it had one a few new contracts recently which have been really positive. So the latest is a deals to supply Columbia with new fighter jets and that's a contra that is worth.
Speaker 1: Three point one billion euros.
Speaker 4: The other major orders that it saw in the last week is also an order for rifles from Denmark and then an order for electronic sensors from Airbus.
Speaker 1: So this is very encouraging for the company.
Speaker 4: Anisas said that this could make Salabas's strongest strongest quarter ever for order intake on the back of those recent contracts, and that's kind of all really accelerated recently for SABA, with Sweden joining NATO back in March twenty twenty four, and then also obviously the broader surgeon military spending and in military investments that we've seen across Europe and across the world world more generally recently, and obviously SAAB is a big beneficiary of that. Last month they had raised sales guidance for this year as well, so it seemed that it is on a really good and clear trajectory and it's that we've seen that reflected in the shares this morning.
Speaker 1: They were by quite a.
Speaker 3: Lot, okay, Sweden's SAAB well, from the defense sector to semiconductors, some big targets for SUS Microtech, which is involved in the semis space.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it makes a lot of different equipment for the semiconductor industry. So in a capital markets day, it unveiled in new long term targets for sales and margin and profit that investors seem to be quite happy about. So that it comes just a couple of weeks after a third quarter results for that company that showed really strong order momentum. So the outlook looks very very bright. Some of the clients include Micron, TSMC, Samsung, so all of those companies that are really exposed to the artificial intelligence boom, and so that makes Seals micro take very well.
Speaker 1: Position going forward.
Speaker 4: We have seen quite a big gap in that chip making sector between those companies that are more exposed to this AI infrastructure and those that have been a little bit more exposed to the automotive and industrial and markets which have obviously been struggling a little bit more. But it seems that Sosmicrotic is on the right side of this divide, really exposed to this air infrastructure boom, and that is being seen in those very positive long term targets and in the shap price.
Speaker 1: This morning.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.