Speaker 1: With the eighty third pick in the twenty twenty five NFL Draft the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 2: So what Caleb Johnson coming back?
Speaker 1: IRW Caleb, welcome to Pittsburgh. Can you take me through what the entire pre draft process was like to finally becoming a Steeler? Cause it did it feel short or did it feel really long to get here?
Speaker 2: I felt like it felt really long, you know, as far as like the business, and I'm scared of flying, so I'm traveling everywhere at different places. So I was just really trying to figure out where to go. And when I got that call, it was just a sign of a side of relief and you know, I'm just ready to get to work.
Speaker 1: The OC Arthur Smith was very profusely saying, how you fit into this offense? Describe the kind of running back you are and why you think you fit.
Speaker 2: I'm flying, I'm a versatile back. I could be a Derek Henry back. I could be a Davin cookback. And I felt that's what separates me from a lot of backs in the league and in this class that I came into, because you know, I just feel like, you know, overall, you know, I'm a I feel like, I'm a fast back and I could be a strong back aff so catch the ball in the back. Feeling reliable.
Speaker 1: So you mentioned Derrick Henry. I had read that. He kind of made you realize, Hey, I'm a bigger guy, I'm taller, but I can still be a running back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he did. And I feel like, you know, I've been texting me've been texting me, and you know, he's been very motivative and really just telling me, you know, the ads and outs of you know, the league and stuff like that. So I was very exciting.
Speaker 1: He's okay that you went to the Steelers.
Speaker 2: I don't know I would talk to him since.
Speaker 1: So what is it like to finally get to play in the AFC North growing up and being able to watch it and just how physical it is?
Speaker 2: You know, it's really it's really grateful, you know, because I feel like, you know, it relates to the Big ten and what I played in. So I feel like I'm really used to the you know, the smash mouth, you know, running the ball football, and you know, I'm just really excited to get to work and really excited to be part of this organization.
Speaker 1: What do you like about Arthur Smith and what You've had a chance to get to know from him or learn from.
Speaker 2: Him ever since I came on thirty visiting me and him was talking about my fam. You know, he was just very positive and really just let me know how can fit into their schemes, and you know, just all just being his elf. And you know, that's what I can't expect more as a Parson of being myself. So I'm excited to work with him.
Speaker 1: He brought up the fourth quarter in what you do? Is it a mindset? Is it you're just consciously aware? All right, this is the last fifteen. I gotta go, what what is it that just brings out the best thing?
Speaker 2: I just feel like, you know, just anyway, first sec or third, fourth, I want to give my all to the team whoever I'm playing for, and it's to seal it. So you know, I just want to just give them, you know, my all, like I said, and just always, you know, just that's really it.
Speaker 1: During rookie mini camp, someone had asked, you know, what do you want to work on? You immediately said, past protection? How do you get better at that? And how do you learn from coach Faulkner and the other people.
Speaker 2: I just feel like, you know, just listening and really reputation, you know, just always just you know, just want to get a lot of reps and really just work on your technique and work on your work on your style, and you know, just work on the little things that you need to work on.
Speaker 1: So when you were growing up you were a multi sport athlete, how did that help you become the football player that you are.
Speaker 2: I just feel like, you know, with me just doing different things, like I said, like gymnastics, baseball, basketball, football, you know, wrestling, I feel like, you know, that really just helped me, you know, figure out what I wanted to do and what I liked more. And I feel like, you know, I had to make a decision between baseball and football, so I made football and then it was just you know on from there.
Speaker 1: So why'd you pick football?
Speaker 2: I felt because at first, you know, I had a lot of offers then and you know, I was just really just thinking about my future and really thinking about what I could be if I were to put myself and really put my my all into football. So I put my all to football, and I felt this is where I got me. So it was really a positive decision that I made.
Speaker 1: So can you just talk to me about your grandparents and how influential they were and not only helping you with sports, but also off the field.
Speaker 2: I just feel like, you know, overall, with my grandfather, you know, he just set hisself aside, sacrifice a lot for me, you know, just you know, always telling me to stay positive, and you know, just always you know, just telling me you know what it is to do and what it is not to do, and you know, just always you know, just being there for me. And I always been an aliable person that I can always count on to always tell me the honest and give me the honest answer.
Speaker 1: So other than gymnastics, which something we don't know about you.
Speaker 2: When I was little, I was homeschooled because my grandfather, it was a truck driver. So I've been like forty some states. So wow, yeah, very cool.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you very much,