Speaker 1: The John Annick and Kenny Florian Podcast. John Annick and Kenny Florian.
Speaker 2: I fucking love him.
Speaker 3: I can't get enough of him than job.
Speaker 2: There are a couple of absolutely self involved artist.
Speaker 1: You're your hosts, John Annick and Kenny Florian's.
Speaker 4: Let's go, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 5: What is up?
Speaker 4: Everybody?
Speaker 6: It is Monday, July twentieth, twenty twenty six, Episode six hundred and four of the Anak and Florian Podcast. Voice might be familiar, Face might be familiar, but I'm not John Anick. I am his identical twin brother, Jason Annick. You know, Flow, He's finally give me a chance to host this thing after like six hundred episodes.
Speaker 4: He's in Hawaiian. I hope I.
Speaker 6: Pronounced that right. I guess Max Holloway is having a golf tournament, inaugural charity golf tournament. So John's chasing all these charity golf tournaments. But Flow, great to be with you.
Speaker 4: What an hona, What a privilege to be with your brother. How is the weekend? Kid?
Speaker 5: It is great to see you, my man. Man. John just gets to go to Hawaii and play golf. What the heck's going on now? He deserves a break, dude.
Speaker 7: You know, got a chance to watch some good fights and World Cup going on?
Speaker 5: A lot going on, dude.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, and I'm curious what you're rooting in. Just says you bring up the World Cup, so I'll just start there. But are you a fan of Argentina? Is that the team you root for? I know you're a Peruvian.
Speaker 7: Yes, well I should say I'm a fan of Messi, not necessarily Argentina. I just like seeing good soccer and the story was just amazing to see Messi at thirty nine years old do what he did to get to the final. Of course he came up short, but the better team did indeed win, and that was Spain.
Speaker 5: For sure.
Speaker 7: It would have been nice to see more goals, but I thought it was a fantastic World Cup. Argentina played great with a lot of heart, a lot of passion, but in the end, Spain was just too much.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean zero shots on goal? If I'm not married, zero shot Yeah.
Speaker 6: So, but they almost made it to the PKS and apparently they would have had an advantage there. But I will say for this American sports nation in which we live, it felt like having this World Cup on our soil move the needle a little bit.
Speaker 4: Like I I've always been into the World Cup.
Speaker 6: And obviously Kenny played college soccer at Boston College, so obviously I know you're a player.
Speaker 4: But it felt like the US little juice for this sport, you.
Speaker 5: Know, I think so.
Speaker 7: And you know, in a lot of ways, I think we got exposed in that Listen, we had a lot of great players. I think a lot of people it would have been nice for a lot of people to see them go a lot further in the tournament. But I think in a lot of ways it was a positive in that, Hey, we got people excited about the sport.
Speaker 5: Now, what are we gonna move How are we going.
Speaker 7: To move forward as a country as a sport to kind of get better results? And I think it comes down to the U system and really developing with a lot more intention and really deliberating like how we're going to get better at as a nation as a professional league. And I think for that reason, I think we'll move forward in a positive way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hopefully in twenty thirty we can make a little noise once we get that next stage.
Speaker 6: But I know y'all are here for the fight stuff. We are powered by all the smoke fight So let's get in to headline. A lot of combat sports stuff to talk about from the weekend past. So obviously Duplessi Usman was the main event. We'll get to that fight night. But you know where I got a start flow. For those of you that don't know Blaw Muhammed a close friend of mine, I want to talk a little bit about this real American freestyle wrestling, right, So Blala and I hosted a show on this channel. Remember the show, Cody Merrow was at the Helm. We hosted about one hundred and fifty episodes on this channel. Bila is a very close friend of mine and when we started hosting this show, he was an unranked welterweight fighter and became champion of the world. Obviously, it's been a tough stretch for Blao, so he gets this opportunity at RAF. So you had Muhammad versus Askron Ben Askron off the double lung transplant, which just blows my mind that he was even in a competitive setting. And then the main event you had Covington versus Saraukian. So it was fascinating event for me. Did you catch any of that. Baalah Muhammad did get his hand raised.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I saw some of the highlights, Yes, so.
Speaker 6: You know, I guess Askron was up three to nothing at the end of the second period and Balal, I guess came back, had a big win six'. Three seen him get his hand raised just warmed my heart given what he had been. Through and obviously he has wanted to Fight Colby covington for a long. Time So covington in the main event gets Through. SARUKIAN i guess he wins The crossover cruiserweight belt or. Whatever it, is sort of setting this up For balal And colby to face. Off and so the postfight press, CONFERENCE i Think cody has a little, footage But balal landed a front kick to the chest On. Covington apparently these two are going to, compete so let's say. This SO i guess they're talking mess And balal gets a little fired up. Here covington had some really choice words about the New Father muhammad earlier in the.
Speaker 8: Week, yeah significant, strike so much ado about nothing, here but obviously sets up a little.
Speaker 6: JUICE i guess they're gonna compete in the co main event On august twenty. SECOND i Think Sean brady's, headlining but you, know Real american freestyle sort of moving the needle a little. Bit i'd be lying to you IF i told YOU i had That Fox nation app but some juice for this.
Speaker 4: PROMOTION i, agree.
Speaker 7: LISTEN i think that they've done a great job in making the right matches at the right, time getting people excited about wrestling. AGAIN i think is. Awesome getting a lot of high level former wrestlers and of course current and former fighters.
Speaker 5: INVOLVED i think is a smart.
Speaker 7: Choice you, know obviously it's been a great funnel for mixed martial arts to get a lot of these former high.
Speaker 5: Level wrestlers involved in mixed martial.
Speaker 7: Arts and, YEAH i think they've done an AWESOME i don't know how they have a lot of current fighters on their competing you. KNOW i Think dana used to be so worried about people getting injured all the. Time but it's. Working it's getting people. Excited it seems like they always have a good. Crowd that they've been. Consistent i've been seeing it everywhere so, PROMOTIONALLY i think they're doing a fantastic.
Speaker 5: Jump they.
Speaker 6: Are you know What i'll say though it's Like Sean brady Competing august twenty second headline Against Jordan burrow's At Real American freestyle week before they're in his, hometown the uf seas In. PHILADELPHIA i understand you might not have been ready to make that, turn but it's Like i'm not Getting pypher In, Philadelphia i'm not Getting. Brady SO i don't KNOW i have a little itch to scratch. There but let's move on to THE ufc fight night From. Okay see Last Saturday, Night Drickis duplessi gets the five round unanimous decision win Over Kamara. Usman dominant performance from the former middleweight champion dup plus, ce, defeating in my, opinion really one of the BEST ufc fighters of all time In Kamara.
Speaker 7: USMAN i thought this was one of the more brilliant performances From Drickis duplici That i've. Seen he looked faster to, me AND i think it came down to a few. Things first of, all his ability to really judge the distance and master that. Distance it just took away a lot Of Kamara uzman's wrestling, opportunity so it seemed Like kamorrow was never really in the right spot to hit a great takedown and then when he, Did driggs did a great job of getting right back to his. FEET i thought his striking looked. Phenomenal he hurt Kamaraw uzman repeatedly throughout that. Fight props To uzman for his heart and his chin at one hundred and eighty five pounds for getting it, done but his SIZE i think was a factor as. Well it just seemed Like tomorrow just couldn't hurt him bad, enough and it seemed LIKE ddp also broke his hand at some point during during that. Fight BUT i thought he looked fantastic.
Speaker 6: And credit To usman obviously getting. Through you, know that was the first time he had ever lost by unanimous, decision which fascinated me a couple of majority. Decisions but just For Kamara usman for those that, know you know he hasn't been the most active fighter over the last three, years but won the welterweight title defended it five. Times like you, see a lot of these champions have a very difficult time going on championship, reigns if you, Will so just in, DEFEAT i couldn't have more respect For. USMAN i would like to see him back at, welterweight, THOUGH i do think there's some opportunities there and when he moves up to. MIDDLEWEIGHT i JUST i feel like the size was, really to your, point the big detriment that, night you, know, yeah and a lot of.
Speaker 7: People you, know when you've been in this sport for as long As camorrow has and he's won everything there is to, win there's always the question, mark like does he have the? Passion does he still enjoy to get up for fights and train and have that willingness to win during a? Fight AND i think he put all of that to rest with that fifth round, performance you, know where he was largely dominated for four, rounds but he came back to win that fifth round like he was trying to win that. Fight and like you, SAID i think size was definitely a. Factor but to see someone in that spot at his, age with everything he's done to really look for a way to, WIN i thought was fantastic AND i think you're. RIGHT i think he would be much more of a threat at one hundred and seventy. Pounds certainly an elite fighter at one hundred and eighty five, pounds but not quite enough at that elite level at one, five but at one, SEVENTY i think he can certainly do damage and perhaps even be maybe the only guy who can Threaten Isla Maha chef with his wrestling right and maybe thwart his takedown.
Speaker 5: Attempt SO i think that would be interesting moving.
Speaker 6: Forward, yeah, well he'll certainly have eyes on that championship a couple couple weeks from. Now you know in Dup plas you, know talked a lot about his discipline and his, patients and you talked about how impress you were with the.
Speaker 4: Performance really liked seeing.
Speaker 6: Him not necessarily he sometimes can be kind of an awkward, fighter not necessarily prioritize the, finish put a complete twenty five minutes. Together and that middleweight division is just. FASCINATING i, mean who's next For. STRICKLAND i think there are a lot of different options you could go, There He, mavob you, know even EVEN i, mean who would you go with of those? THREE I, mavov would you go with? Dupless or you Think hamsa deserves that rematch right?
Speaker 7: Now, gosh you, KNOW i think The hamzat fight is probably the one to. Do unfortunately FOR, ddp just because of the fact that he's such a big, star AND i think For strickland it probably serves him well from a financial standpoint to go for that. Rematch but you, know there's a lot of, options you. KNOW i feel bad For, imavov who is kind of on the back burner right, now who certainly deserves, it but he doesn't have the star power of EITHER ddp or of course Hamzat, Chimaya SO i don't. Know maybe it's maybe it's A ddp In mava fight that you can, build but you also don't want to take away from one of the contenders in the. Future SO i don't know how THE ufc is gonna approach that. One BUT i wouldn't mind SEEING ddp And imavov go at. IT i think that would be an awesome. Fight BUT i think With hamza being such a big, star those are gonna have to kind of wait and see what. Happens so, yeah AND i maybe maybe something that has to do With strickland making his, choice.
Speaker 4: You, Know, yeah that's a good.
Speaker 6: POINT i don't THINK I mavov has made himself completely undeniable in the WAY i think THAT i And gary did you, know with his opportunity At. Welterway, yeah another FIGHTER i just want to touch on, Quickly tommy fucking. McMillan excuse my, Mind, god but this, guy, right, so he now eleven AND z is a.
Speaker 4: Pro he calls himself the Third daz.
Speaker 6: Brother but you, KNOW i so for those that didn't catch, it he landed two hundred and fifty two significant strikes Against Alberto montes AT UFC. Okc, right and the previous record in a three round fights for significant strikes was two hundred and thirty, eight set By Nate diaz all the way back in twenty eleven Against DONALD serroni this kid is.
Speaker 4: Unbelievable you.
Speaker 6: KNOW i saw him interviewing With Brian campbell, postfight AND i just thought this quote was. Fascinating you, know he was talking about in third. Grade, okay my daughter just finished third. Grade in third, grade he like went to bed mad because he was too young for THE. Ufc you, Know so for a nine year old, right like like to be mad in third, grade it just feels like his.
Speaker 4: Destiny AND i think we got a star comment at forty.
Speaker 5: Five my.
Speaker 7: GOSH i mean, again a lot of fighters are just, born and McMillan is certainly one of. Those and you, KNOW i posted a picture on my stories on My instagram and it was McMillan.
Speaker 5: Getting need in the jaw and his chin just looks.
Speaker 7: Deformed it looks like it's silly, buddy just kind of getting deformed by the. Knee eyes both eyes, open still focused on the, target looking to, punch, like.
Speaker 5: You, know to see that the guy.
Speaker 7: Was so focused and so determined to get that when nothing was going to stop, him even if he was getting dropped here and there during that. Fight but you, know talk about willingness to, win in, volume in, heart that dude has it. All and to make YOUR ufc debut in that, Fashion i'm not sure it gets any better than.
Speaker 5: That but what a. Fight what a fighter can't wait to see his next? One, yeah.
Speaker 4: Exactly so a couple other things of, note just to touch. On we GOT. R. J clifford coming.
Speaker 6: Up But Chase, hooper, right who's become a friend of, mine, right so gets the rear naked choke round one Over Mitch.
Speaker 4: Ramirez he had lost back to back first.
Speaker 6: Round TKO's i know he missed weight by a pound and a, half but happy For. CHASE i think is a big spot for, him and for someone who's sort of on their, path, growing sort of trying to build toward a, championship it can come quick with those quick two.
Speaker 4: Losses So i'm happy For. CHASE i assume you saw.
Speaker 6: That enjoy that rear naked choke from one of the best ever do it FLORD.
Speaker 5: I, did and that's how you get it.
Speaker 7: Done it's also nice to see him go out there and not have to take so much, damage get the, takedown bringing into his world he got the. Back getting a clean win like that and still being a young and capable fighter is. Nice so, yeah, no it was great to See hooper get the win in that.
Speaker 5: FASHION i love.
Speaker 6: It All, right we're gonna get some help a. Lot i'm gonna get to from the. Weekend can't find a much better man.
Speaker 4: To help us break it. Down let's get you, Rated. Arjie this is RATED r WITH.
Speaker 9: R J.
Speaker 3: Clifford the, fighting that's that's the fun.
Speaker 9: Part it's like hansle From, zoolander which is so fucking hot right, now, Dude, like, well think about.
Speaker 4: It LIKE i don't know who he.
Speaker 10: IS i just know he's. ARRESTED i you, know googled.
Speaker 11: Him only on The annik And Florian.
Speaker 4: Podcast Welcome.
Speaker 6: Rjie you KNOW i knew you weren't gonna stand me up on my day hosting this.
Speaker 4: Motherfucker appreciate you being on. Time, Man, Oh.
Speaker 3: I'm here for the. Mutiny you taking, Over.
Speaker 9: JASON i love This john like a trunk of a car somewhere holding him tied.
Speaker 6: Up, yeah, right SO i should be with him In, hawaii but, apparently you, know he just doesn't like funding all of these trips for two, people WHICH i. Understand, so Ur, JIE i don't know if you caught what we were talking, about but before we get to some of the fights from last, week what was your? Weekend, like were you working or you?
Speaker 3: OFF i was.
Speaker 9: WORKING i was In Oklahoma city catching all the action. Though what a sports, weekend, RIGHT i mean it was kind of like the theme of the weekend was, legends kind of seeing where the like the finish line is a little bit, right Yet Ben askrin finally able to kind of retire the way he wanted. To, Yeah Kamara, USMAN i think looking thirty nine for the first, time like kind of like looking, like you, know knocking on the door Of fording and Then Linel, messi you, know getting to the finals and then, uh you, know probably saying Goodbye. Kenny AND i want to say publicly thinking Of Linel messi because my six year old asked, Me he's, like why is his Name? MESSI i, said, well when he was a, kid he never cleaned up his room and the nickname stuck with him the rest of his, Life.
Speaker 3: So say.
Speaker 9: That's gonna Be it's gonna stick with. You so we got to ask that lesson down to my.
Speaker 6: Daughter so when you're working a fight night like that and Real american freestyles, happening do you chase?
Speaker 4: Highlights do?
Speaker 6: YOU i know you're a wrestler at, HEART i, mean do you do you go watch those, matches The komaan and main event or you just chase.
Speaker 9: ISLIGHTS i used to try to like aoid the, spoilers but it's just. Impossible it's just all, Over like a rifter is a good job of keeping it out, there SO i. DIDN'T i got to See askern's kind of like retirement speech and leaving the shoes on the map BEFORE i saw the actual.
Speaker 3: Match but that was the, highlight just seeing, this just the fact.
Speaker 9: That after a double lung, transplant he still got to wrestle me competitive and getting to be able to go out on his own. Terms cain reminded me of Like Daniel cormier right when he you, know miss he technically made wait in that Second, olympics wasn't able to competecause of that weight. Cut THE ufc did kind of a little match for him at one of The International fight weeks and he got to leave his shoes on the. Mat that's a big deal for someone who, leaves you, know everything they had to a. Sport so it, was it. Was it was a tearful weekend in sports in a lot of.
Speaker 6: Ways, SO i, know you get to know a lot of these, fighters and my brother tells Me drick As duplessi is really one of the absolute best men he has gotten to know in this. Sport really happy to see him sort of complete those twenty five minutes and put himself right back in the mix at eighty.
Speaker 9: Five your, Thoughts, yeah he's like a nineteen nineties movie, jock but with the heart of. Gold you, know he's kind of like you get a little like meat headish vibes from, him but he's just so genuine and he has so much respect for. Everybody he's Like, Usman LIKE i feel part of veteran savvy is being able to tell which referees you can doupe a little, Bit and so he was able to get a couple LIKE i didn't think that that.
Speaker 3: Punch was an. Eyepoke it was a clean. Punch but he was able to get some time by, like, Hey Carrie, hatley what are you? DOING i just got, cheated blah blah. Blah and he pulled it off, right and none of that. Mattered none of that mattered To. Dracus he was just, like, dude this guy's a. Stud this guy's.
Speaker 9: Awesome AND i didn't mean to keep pilot On usman because he fought so, hard like there's one thing to survive and there's another thing to survive and stay, Dangerous like there's at no point When usmin was clearly behind on the score, Cards he's just, like all, Right i'm just gonna kind of pack, it pack it in a little. Bit there wasn't gonna be any of those like that's not the cloth from what he has cut, lines because he was dangerous till the very.
Speaker 3: End But dracus JUST i think he.
Speaker 9: Shored up some of his wrestling holes that we saw when He jamaiev and the one time it didn' EVEN i don't think you have even technically counted as a takedown When uspin got him down because he popped up so quick and of course you just got to be got to be drinkist on his feet and with some wrestling holes short, up it might be the most dangerous freak as we've seen.
Speaker 6: Yet So, Kenny i'll let you get in, here BUT i just want to bring our j back to the conversation we were. Having So strickland's sitting in the, wings AND i really feel like there could be three, Dude so our J i'm curious sort of who you think we're going to see and who you want to see. Next but For strickland between Between Duplessy chimayev uh and, uh.
Speaker 4: Who AM i? Forgetting?
Speaker 10: AM? I?
Speaker 4: YEAH i like everybody forgetting that.
Speaker 3: Guy, geez exactly.
Speaker 9: RIGHT i think that that kind of sums it all up perfectly right right, There, JASON a little bit Like i'm always like done the dirty. Work BUT i THINK chamaiv is the best, PROMOTIONALLY i think it's the best. STYLISTICALLY i think he's the second, best you, know the, best either him Or.
Speaker 3: Strickland at one hundred and eighty five.
Speaker 9: Pounds that first fight was close and controversial enough WHERE i think everyone wants to scratch that itch a little.
Speaker 3: Bit it's just it just feeds EVERYTHING i.
Speaker 9: Know drink, is you know, again just the consummate, athlete you, know performer Like.
Speaker 3: Jock he's just, Like i'll Just i'll knock him all. Down like he's.
Speaker 9: Not he wasn't demanding a title. Shot he's, LIKE i want to beat. Everybody and SO i think him versus a movov makes a lot of. SENSE i think that's a great main event somewhere in you, Know europe or something like, that and you have a you, know a true like you cannot deny me number one contender fight right.
Speaker 3: THERE i don't know if the mob of is down for, that BUT i.
Speaker 9: Think if you, DO i Have strickland two in a mob OF ddp maybe on the same card. Too that'd be fun as. Well you got One indy fiveball kind of wrapped up for the next eighteen.
Speaker 7: Months, YEAH i, mean you've never been. Tough, NO i was gonna say it's never been. Tougher you have you Have, piper you Have Brendan allen in. There do you think they're going to kind of risk having two contenders or two good fights in the, future kind of have one of them canceled out by doing a movov and AND. DDP i, KNOW i Believe uh he broke his hand in that fight Against, kamorrow who's one to SO i don't know if he's gonna be out for a little.
Speaker 5: While what do you think is gonna happen with those?
Speaker 3: Guys, YEAH i think there's.
Speaker 9: Enough like you, mentioned there's guys coming, up and then if like let's Say chimaiah of wins.
Speaker 3: Like a really good close, fight.
Speaker 9: You think only the UFC's against an immediate, trilogy, right if there's no one really just like demanding to be. Next, uh you mentioned a couple of guys coming.
Speaker 4: UP i THINK i.
Speaker 9: THINK i think it's almost like how THE ufc kept trying to like get ball all to. Lose he's, like you have to beat everybody who become a. Title same thing With. MOROB i think it's kind of more in that, situation they're, like oh, no we don't want to knock off these. Contenders it's, like, eh let's uh let's let's let's make these guys. Undeniable there's you know, this guys like there's certain fighters that are like they can't wait to get into a title.
Speaker 3: Shot because that's what fans.
Speaker 9: Want there's certain guys is, like you're gonna have to, come you have to go the long. Way and if you make yourself, undeniable you can always make yourself, Undeniable, Kenny you can always make yourself.
Speaker 3: Undeniable makes.
Speaker 6: Sense, Yeah so So connor, McGregor we've heard torn acl torn, meniscus and we can touch on the.
Speaker 4: Injury we'll see about the.
Speaker 6: Recovery but, FRANKLY i want to talk to you guys just about this one quote from him because it really fascinated. Me so he's talking about had he won and gone out, afterwards AND i quote here from his EX i, wonder WAS i saved from something?
Speaker 4: Worse?
Speaker 6: HERE i believe SO i would have attended the after party as the, man and who?
Speaker 4: Knows THEN i BELIEVE i was. Saved and this is fascinating to.
Speaker 10: ME.
Speaker 6: Rj you can, start but, basically he's he was about going to get all.
Speaker 4: Buckled had he found a way to win that fight that night and sort of gone right back down the bad. Road PERHAPS i.
Speaker 9: Didn't Dominic cruz put it really really well over the course of the weekend when he was working the. Desk he's, LIKE i firmly Believe connor McGregor came back to save himself from. Himself when you're in fight, camp when you have some singular, focus when the goal is you, know A hall Of First, Ballot hall Of Famer Max, halloway like it's you, know it's kind of easier to say no to that bottle sitting on the. SHELF i know WHEN i, fought LIKE i, DIDN'T i didn't drink at, All like the you, know fighting was the healthiest thing that ever happened to my, body, ironically because WHAT i do to it When i'm not.
Speaker 3: Fighting SO i Think connor.
Speaker 9: CAN i think there's A i think there's a place, there Right and Obviously connor has been so vocal about his new devotion to his faith and how you, know kind of where his mind goes with these, things AND i think THERE'S i think there's something to. THAT i don't think it's Just connor. BRAVADO i think there was something.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 6: Kenny you know you've heard guys Like Alexander volkanovsky talk about how difficult it can be for. Him sometimes without a. Fight on the, books you just See Dustin poiet sort of navigating his new. Life you, Know i'm sure you've experienced some of these, temptations if you will. Flow maybe not the addictive personality of, others But i'm sure you can relate to some of this.
Speaker 5: Stuff no question about.
Speaker 7: It it's it's a really difficult thing when you have someone who's you, know either a type a personality or someone who has to stay active physically or needs something that calms THAT i don't, know inner spirit inside.
Speaker 2: You you.
Speaker 7: KNOW i remember JUST i didn't know what day it. WAS i just knew it was like wrestling in jiu jitsu day or sparring.
Speaker 5: Day like that.
Speaker 7: Was it was so nice to kind of be institutionalized in a. Way it's like being a prison where you're just LIKE i JUST i know what my schedule, IS i know exactly what you need to. DO i have goals in the, Future i'm working towards. This and when that's taken away and you have all this free time and, money well that's dangerous for a lot of these. Guys who are looking for that next, high who are looking for that next, Thrill and, unfortunately, guys for you guys who are still, fighting there is no high better than winning in THE. Ufc you're just you're going to be chasing it. Forever so when you say goodbye to, it make sure you say goodbye to it and look for something else to kind of fill that, role something that's healthy. Anyway, so, yeah it is so tough for a lot of these, fighters especially someone Like connor, McGregor who has more money than, everybody more access than, everybody more stardom than. Everybody it's like all the, traps all all of those things are there waiting for.
Speaker 4: Him yeah you think we see him, again R.
Speaker 3: J i do for a couple of.
Speaker 9: Reasons first, OFF i remember after he lost to Dustin, poria people were, like he's never gonna fight, Again nobody, CARES i don't want to see him, Anymore and he goes and breaks the gate record next time he's out. There for what demand is still? There don't let anyone tell. You LIKE i remember when like When Floyd mayweather would hype up these big fights and he would just like jab dip and turn his butt for twelve rounds and everyone's.
Speaker 3: Like i'm over. It i'm never Watching floyd fight.
Speaker 9: Again six months, later he sells a million by pay per, View like the demand is, there don't let anybody lie to.
Speaker 3: You it's still.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 3: Yeah, also he is. One he has one fight left on his.
Speaker 9: CONTRACT i think he wants to either get that done or THE ufc him obviously wants to keep, them so there'll be like a. NEGOTIATION i don't know how that, works BUT i know That connor wants to get to that finish line for both personal and business. Reasons AND i and, THIRD i think he truly is like of all of everything that is Around, connor he is a martial artist competitor at his, Core like he is like he walks that, walk AND i think going out like that and kind of back to back fights broken, LEG i don't think he wants to go out that. WAY i think THAT'S i think that's a major factor for, him on top of the other TWO i, Mentioned.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ja, Yeah.
Speaker 7: JOE i think he definitely wants to compete, again AND i think we will see. HIM i think the bigger question is is what's going to happen when we do see? Him, again you, know coming back from ANOTHER acl, injury meniscus, tear all that stuff that's going on with his, knee it's not going to be the same when when when he was in his. Twenties coming back it's going to be more, difficult and obviously his body has experienced a lot.
Speaker 5: Of wear and.
Speaker 7: Tear AND i think not only will we see him, AGAIN i think he wants to continue fighting for another few more, fights and how he performs in that next one can really be a good indicator of what we're going to see forward and what that does to his value as a. Fighter Right, SO i don't. KNOW i think he's he's got quite the road.
Speaker 4: Ahead Of you, know it's.
Speaker 6: INTERESTING i was on this radio show and someone asked, me you, know the next opponent For connor if he does come, back we can talk About Nate, diaz we talk about trilogy With, max AND i said the ship had sailed On Michael. Chandler and the guy who was hosting the show his Name Zach gelby sort of questioned me on that and, thought maybe now's the time that that fight does make. Sense AND i thought about it a little bit AND i, said, well you know, What i'd Love chandler to get that opportunity and maybe finally it would make sense to make that match or make that. Fight given all the random circumstances that could take, place we still could be a, year year and a half away from.
Speaker 9: THAT i, mean It's connor, McGregor like there's no there's always, Matchups like this is a guy that was like planning the seed to Fight Donald serni like seven years before he thought out the matchups are, there and that's WHAT i was thinking to, Myself like before the fight went down the way it, DID i was thinking of all the, circumstances like if he just like Torched max Haul away and just Like jose aldoed him in like thirty, seconds like he's fighting for a, title, right he's gonna skip everybody like he's he's fighting for the time he's getting Mackat chev Or gary like that was.
Speaker 3: Happening that's just that's just because It's.
Speaker 9: Connor if you would have won like a close split, decision like like a really really good fight and it was really, CLOSE i, thought, okay maybe trilogy or you, know like a number one contender. Fight but if he looked absolutely, terrible like if he looked dog. SHIT i was, like look That Nate dias, Trilogy like they could both be on ten fight losing, streaks and that's still like the biggest fight of the year just because of how the first two. Went so it's, like no matter the, results no matter like how many legs he has, functioning no matter what, weight like there are there are fights For connor McGregor That i'll get people.
Speaker 3: Excited that's.
Speaker 6: Cone So tommy, McMillan where were? You where were you watching that? Fight were you watching right there octagon side or WHAT i?
Speaker 3: WAS i was octagon's. SIDE i WAS i was right.
Speaker 9: There McMillan's sweat flying onto, me and, Dude i'm man, LIKE i am so high On Alberto montes going into this.
Speaker 3: FIGHT i think he's so.
Speaker 9: Slick his left hook couldn't miss that awesome anaconda the photo you, Mentioned, Kenny, LIKE i broke that thing down like frame by. Frame he slipped a, jab Knowing tommy was gonna have heavy, feet a heavy left foot, inside kicked it to get him to squares, dance drop his head and then his short ass was able to get his knee all the way up to McMillan, said and.
Speaker 3: Then he slipped the calendar like this guy is so.
Speaker 9: Slick and it was just a nice, Reminder, kenny that's just like volume And cajonez can beat a lot of really Good marshal still due, right, Still, Tommy tommy was just he was he's, younger he's more. Durable cardio for days kind of reminded me of like a Strike Force Gilbert, melendez kind of leaning, forward volume, punches even had the, fro kind of bouncing a little bit like that is that is such an appealing style of fighting to be a. CONTENDER i think he'll have to clean things, up but he's young enough that's certainly a. Possibility but just just balls and grit and volume is just a fun way for a young D.
Speaker 5: I don't give an f style of. Flat, yes, yeah so R, j.
Speaker 4: We got What Abu dabi And? Serbia are we going to either?
Speaker 9: DESTINATION i have a family reunion this, weekend SO i am not Doing, abu BUT i head To serbia On sunday and then it's back on the road for everything. ELSE i don't even. KNOW i know the next FIGHT i go, to and THEN i process it and move.
Speaker 3: On OTHERWISE i leave my.
Speaker 6: Mind, well when you're In, serbia if you don't, mind give some love to my Guy Milo Yan if you don't know that. Name, right he fought in dirty boxing a couple of, times finally getting an opportunity in the big. SHOW i can't. Wait HE'S i think he's a second prelim of the. Night but if you meet, him say what's up for? Me if you don't mind on it all, Right, well we appreciate You. Randall got to call You randall one. TIME i HOPE i did okay for you. Today we'll talk to you next week, though after your little family.
Speaker 4: Reunion appreciate the.
Speaker 2: Time.
Speaker 3: Brother, yeah make sure And john has his like oxygen in the back of that. Trunk maybe some water every now and. Then and you gotta keep the vitals just barely.
Speaker 6: UP i will, say, though alcohol is a performance enhancing drug in terms of golf For john AND. I, Right so he played in a member of guest last, weekend had a couple of, cocktails played a little.
Speaker 4: Better SO i hope you know the time zone maybe.
Speaker 6: Up But i'm not saying you need to get, drunk but a couple of, cocktails it's sort of.
Speaker 4: Slow, yeah all, right appreciate.
Speaker 3: You R j better C.
Speaker 5: Rj that is rated R j with R J.
Speaker 6: Clifford i'll tell you what a lot of fucking traffic on The anak And florian, podcast trying to move all these guests along without. Hesitation let's get to what they call the star of the, program The Ray Longo.
Speaker 5: Minute it's now times The Ray Long.
Speaker 6: Minute So i'm going to push a hole in this fucking shot that's, long The Ray.
Speaker 1: Long, minute The John annik And Kenny Florian.
Speaker 6: Podcast oh, Shit, yes what a what? A?
Speaker 10: What where is? He you? Know where is? HE i want to know.
Speaker 4: He's In hawaii playing in a golf.
Speaker 6: Tournament but IF i had worn a, hat, right is there a chance we could have messed with you a little bit here? Today HAD i worn a, hat could we have gotten?
Speaker 10: You?
Speaker 4: PERHAPS i thought about doing, This And cody, SAYS i purposefully didn't Tell ray this was. Happening he, Was BUT i purposefully didn't wear a hat BECAUSE i didn't want to fuck with the old guy with, respect with. Respect So, RAY i just got to. Start did you see this? Picture always, rough always?
Speaker 6: Hard SO i Assume, ray you saw this, picture you were in the text chain Of Kenny florian And chris.
Speaker 4: Ads at Dick Sporting. Goods cody once, again please.
Speaker 6: If you got it there anyway while he's loading this, though like When kenny sent this in the group as a group text and then later On, Instagram, Like, KENNY i can't tell you how happy it made me to see that.
Speaker 4: Picture it made my whole, Week, jenny what was? That, like you guys just walking there and then there it.
Speaker 7: Is i'm going Into Dick's sporting Because i'm looking for a pair of. Cleats he's actually in the in the cleat section buying a bunch of cleats for his. Kids he's got like eight kids, Now he's got a few boys with him trying to buy some. Cleats and, UH i run into the Freaking hall Of.
Speaker 5: Famer Chris. Widman he's been living next to me for a, lot like five. YEARS i never bumped into.
Speaker 7: Him finally get a chance to see him in and around town and And chris is doing, great, man what an awesome.
Speaker 5: Guy and it was.
Speaker 10: Great to see.
Speaker 7: Him after he got in ducked to The hall Of fame and we were talking about all you, guys and, uh, Yeah chris is the, man. DUDE i SAW i saw a comment On twitter That Kenny florian's transition to look Like clay guit is.
Speaker 5: Complete oh, wait.
Speaker 10: How Fa how close actually are you?
Speaker 7: Guys he's right over the, border so he's not he's not too. Far he's he's probably within twenty.
Speaker 5: Minutes that's.
Speaker 10: Crazy, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was.
Speaker 6: Good So, kenny you, Know, cody you, know was like putting in our chat Like kenny looks like he's ready for. War john was, like, yeah, Geez, kenny, chill but you, know you zoom just wearing a tag top with an over the shoulder. Bag but all the gun gun activity and all the pistol training that we've Seen kenny, do we're just sort of assuming it's like a fucking bulletproof.
Speaker 4: Ray you, know he mentioned The hall Of.
Speaker 6: Fame With wideman AND i don't know how much you guys touched on, it BUT i thought your speech was exceptional AND i love seeing you in that. Moment what was interesting to me, though is like, You Demitrius johnson couldn't get THE f word out of his mouth in his, speech, Right not a not a single curse out of, You raymond on your speech is that?
Speaker 4: Accurate you could have gone away with.
Speaker 10: It, YEAH i THINK i changed it to but YEAH i had.
Speaker 12: One you had, One, okay BUT i, said you, know oh oh, yeah you didn't Changed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah BUT.
Speaker 10: I THINK i purposely changed it.
Speaker 4: Too so are you sort of settled back off your?
Speaker 5: Jet?
Speaker 10: Lie?
Speaker 4: Now back back In Long.
Speaker 12: Island i'm gonna say just about, now because That baku trip back to back with The vegas did a number on.
Speaker 10: MAN i was.
Speaker 12: Getting vitamin, injections glue to, dio you name. IT i would just shoot me. Upward it was, just, man this was. Tougher this was the toughest one so.
Speaker 4: Far, dude it's No. Joe when are you? Leaving when's your next? Trip?
Speaker 12: NAH i got a kid fighting in THE pfl next. Week i'm very excited For Levon. Kobolev but uh after, that, NOTHING i don't think.
Speaker 4: Anyway so you watch duplus A usman this. Weekend, YES i.
Speaker 12: Did wait wait, first let me just touch on. Something O ja hit the nail on the head And, kenny it is crazy what you were saying about mc millan like, that just balls and just wanting to be in there can still carry you probably eighty percent of away in this. Sport you, KNOW i try to sometimes a guy lose the, fighter.
Speaker 10: Dude the guy was tougher than. You that that's all it came, down. Right he wants to be it'd be defensively, irresponsible but he throws volume and the kid WANTS i, dude it's crazy and it makes for an exciting. Fight but the other guy technically looked like he was trying to hit some beautiful, counters but he just got broken. Down man's that's a really good fight to look at for a bunch of. Reasons BUT i thought Au jay knocked it out of the park with.
Speaker 12: That it's just still amazing how that guy could kind of get away with. That but he is tough as a. Motherfucker, man hats off to. Him everybody's gonna want to watch that kid.
Speaker 7: Fight McMillan's one of those guys where he turns the fight into a horror movie, where, yeah you shoot, him you stab, Him you're doing all these, things and the killer keeps coming. Forward you're, like what the hell DO i need to do to get this guy out of? There and as skillful As montes, was there was nothing he could do to get Mc millan from not hunting him, down and that, alone you, know breaks. Him and then of, course you, know breaking a record with you, know throwing as much volume as he did that that does a job. Too but my, gosh it was unfreaking believable to see him go out there and fight like he.
Speaker 10: Did, yeah he's just striking what morob is the?
Speaker 12: Takedown, yeah they just they they're not stopping right this, too and he was getting hit. Too but remember that Old Chuck norris movie where they couldn't kill the Guy kenny and they had to throw him in the well at the.
Speaker 13: End that's what we have you want to get rid. Of he's got to go in the well so he can't get. Out that's the only way you can't kill him. Exactly he's coming, Back he's going in the. Well that guy you're gonna have to put up with him for the rest of your.
Speaker 4: Life so ray before you talk About.
Speaker 6: Duplessy you, Know john had said he was gonna make an appearance today and pop on at some. Point and of course the moment he chooses to come on is, now because you're we'll bring in my better half From.
Speaker 4: Hawaii there he is take it.
Speaker 10: Over Stanley. Tucci let's, go guys In. Hawaii we're over, here.
Speaker 6: Like dogs, grinding, grinding right, Right no sweat equity in the show over the last eleven.
Speaker 5: Years for me.
Speaker 2: Years like.
Speaker 4: Filter be with you. Guys so what you got a dog tag around your? Neck is it six thirty in the morning out?
Speaker 6: There this is my son's artwork six, seven right? Seven so, yeah we'll set the scene for.
Speaker 4: You guys a little.
Speaker 6: Bit great to have everybody with us always on The Ana Comploring. Podcast Hopefully Jason anik is absolutely fucking, murdering like.
Speaker 4: Six out of, ten six out of killing, it he's killing.
Speaker 6: It raise raise your hand if, Raised Chuck Norris, well movie was lost on.
Speaker 5: You he didn't ask.
Speaker 4: Me he just Asked. Kenny he knew not to ask.
Speaker 14: Me so we are, movie, yeah please Do so we are here at The Four Seasons Resort oahu at Co oleina and the golf courses right.
Speaker 6: Here we're here For Max holloway's inaugural golf tournament The Max Holloway. Foundation so Just gains he's, Here DC's, Here Cubs swanson is, here and uh, yeah so we're here for a couple of days and uh, YEAH i just wanted to say hello and see how everything was. Going TREMENDOUS ufc main, EVENT i thought On saturday, night you know yeah, beautiful, Yeah ray was about to touch on. That would you think OF Ddp, Man.
Speaker 12: Look he put a beat down on a couple of let me say a couple of things about the. Fight one hundred percent put a beat down on Kamara. Ousban But i'll tell you for a thirty nine year old kid moving, up you, know heavy awight class, man that he is a tough mother tough man LIKE i got to tell you man resilience and you KNOW i you, know one hundred lost the. Fight that's a little confusing at the ad because he almost made you believe he thought he won the. FIGHT i mean he did get rocked probably five or six good times where his legs. Buckled how he stays in that fight is a is a testament to his will power and. Fortitude but SO, ddp great. FIGHT i MEAN i thought it was a really good. Fight great fight to come back against a guy that could have given him some troubles with the, Wrestling so that was a big mental boost for, HIM i. Think and also even in, LOSING i still got to give it up To. Usman just being an older athlete and putting in that type of Effort i'm staying is not, easy especially even at that. Weightlist not easy at.
Speaker 6: All, YEAH i feel like drinks dupless with a year, off ubiquitously regarded as one of the hardest workers in the. ROOM i just think he was going to be a hard man to beat on that night for almost. ANYONE i agree with everything you guys have said About Kamara usman all.
Speaker 4: Morning it was a little bit of a weird.
Speaker 6: Visual AND i Know kenny can speak to, this having been in the octagon with. Fighters after, fights you call a fight AS dc did And daniel essentially calls it fifty to forty five for DUPLES, c and then you go into the octagon and your good Friend Kamara usman turns around to you like, What, yeah you, Know AND i didn't think IF i was particularly. CLOSE i just think DUPLEUS c, is you, know is an absolute, animal AND i think there's a good chance that he regains the belt at some.
Speaker 4: Points.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, well let me just say one other. Thing the other thing is his corner did tell him you need a.
Speaker 12: KNOCKOUT i THINK i do believe that at the, End so that tells you where they thought the fight. Was SO i think the hits in the head maybe disoriented him a little, bit and he did finish with a twenty second, flurry which you know he probably juxtaposed into the whole.
Speaker 10: Fight in his. Head but still a phenomenal.
Speaker 12: PERFORM i would never want to say one bad thing about, it because thirty nine years old is no. Joke you, know his knees have been banged, up AND i thought he. Did he showed why he was a champion for so long.
Speaker 7: NOW ddp fought to prove something that, night no question about. It and the fact that he went against a guy who could have been a huge threat with his. Wrestling, yeah coming off of That, hams That chimaya, FIGHT i think just showed how TOUGH ddp, is how focused he. Is he looked phenomenal on all fronts and again to get it done with a broken, hand to continue in that manner and find a way all of his weapons were.
Speaker 5: Firing, man he looked.
Speaker 6: Awesome john Does ousman take that fight because he thinks perhaps there's a shot at middleweight gold where maybe welterweight seems less.
Speaker 4: Attainable, no one hundred.
Speaker 6: PERCENT i think he was unceremoniously denied The islamikashev fight by the. Promotion and when you look At Michael morales And Carlos protests And Ian Maschado gary and there's probably.
Speaker 4: One more name that is maybe more deserving the.
Speaker 6: Newsman he took a full year Off biden his time was hoping that the makashe fight would.
Speaker 4: Materialize it.
Speaker 6: Didn't so, yeah he thought if he could win this, one you, know given his history WITH hamzachimaiv And Sean, strickland potentially he would you, know cut the line, here but uh, yeah obviously that's not gonna. Happen AND i just want to, say can you mention the word focus With? Duplessi and that's, it, RIGHT i, mean the guy has a championship focus as if he's never won the. Belt he has a hunger and a. Focus and both of these athletes were just so, omnipresent. Right And connor McGregor came out recently AND i don't know if he saw my comments or somebody, else's but suggestive that when he hit the Tunnel kenny And ray And, jay he he didn't have that lunius look of lunacy in his, eyes, right and when you See tomorrow And dracus walk, out but Especially tomorrow at his, age, right like just so present and ready to go and in the. Moment and you, KNOW i just wasn't seeing that From connor at. All, Yeah, OUSMAN i just can't say enough about this. Guy AND i, feel you, know WITH covid, nineteen that's when you got a lot of these younger fans in twenty, nineteen twenty, twenty twenty twenty, one and he that was sort of the end of His but this guy's.
Speaker 4: Prime is so ELITE i talked about.
Speaker 10: Earlier.
Speaker 6: John you see so many guys unable to defend their. Belts this guy did it five. Times so the first time he ever lost to unanimous, Decision i'm just blown away by usman and, defeat AND i just even stepping in there with that, Dog i'm just blown.
Speaker 4: Away, YEAH i, Agree SO i go, Ahead.
Speaker 10: Ray, NO i agree With jason one hundred.
Speaker 6: Percent SO i was at the bar here last night and ON a AND e The Matt Sarah George Saint pierre special comes on THE, tv and it's this thing's. On every TIME i turn on the GODDAMN, tv, Right But Raymond pete in all his youthful, glory, right just stealing the show with his relative handsomeness in the background in the octagon in. Interviews it was incredible to see you've aged very, Graceful thank you very.
Speaker 10: MUCH i THOUGHT i did A i didn't THINK i did a good job on.
Speaker 4: That, no you weren't good in the. Documentary you look just.
Speaker 10: LOOK i look, good all, right.
Speaker 5: Relative. Handsome they dragged.
Speaker 12: Me out of bed for that was doing.
Speaker 6: It so we're not doing any would you rathers? Today ray not a single.
Speaker 10: One thank.
Speaker 4: God So john's me tee and off what's going?
Speaker 6: On, so so it is six forty five am right, now we're going to be downstairs at like nine o'clock AND i think it's a shotgun start at ten it's a scramble and there's a putting CONTEST i think. Beforehand but, yeah just excited to See max in a non fight week.
Speaker 4: Setting.
Speaker 6: Right you, Know kenny's heard me for years talk about What holloway did Against Calvin cator singularly is the greatest individual Performance i've ever. Seen AND i haven't really had a few minutes ever to talk To max about something like, that or you, know to talk to him about his.
Speaker 4: Son So i'm excited for. That but, yeah it's a beautiful day here In.
Speaker 6: Hawaii and, uh one THING i want to say real, quick and you can let me go at any.
Speaker 4: Time SO i was doing.
Speaker 6: And asked me anything last, week and they asked me who my favorite fighter, was.
Speaker 4: And ULTIMATELY i Said Kenny.
Speaker 6: Florian so come, on, well, yeah WHEN i think about WHEN i think about my emotional investments and how MUCH i care about a, result, Right i'm not SURE i ever cared more about a result than When kenny was FIGHTING. Pj penn Or jose Ald Or, Clagleader Joe. Stevenson i'm just, saying, so, Yeah ken. Fighter i'm the president of The Team Florian Fan, Club Team florian For, Life honorable N.
Speaker 5: And look at this. GUY i love This.
Speaker 7: Johnny have you scouted out the? Competition are you one of the? Favorites that's WHAT i want to. KNOW i Know gaichie's got to be up, there but, like what are our chances?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 6: Bud so three days AGO i had no confidence at, all AND i had the chance to play in my, Agent Gideon cohen's member Guest Clan bake In New, york and NORMALLY i don't drink tequila before the, round But gideon was tipping them, back SO i had a couple of reposados BEFORE i even went out on the golf, course AND i played one of the best rounds of my. LIFE i didn't lose a golf ball for the first twelve.
Speaker 10: Holes.
Speaker 6: Yeh the plan today is to hit tequila, early off it test and hopefully it produces the desired. Result but, yeah we're. Confident we're. CONFIDENT i love.
Speaker 5: It let's go all.
Speaker 6: Right, WELL i Think i'm gonna Get john And ray both the fuck out of here at the same time and continue With. Kenny but Because, john WHEN i read this Thrown coffee, Promo i'm not gonna have your ass judging me reading. This you could be, well, actually if you read the, rundown you're posts to middle the Long Goo minute with the right. Front BUT i didn't expect you to come. ON i didn't expect you to come.
Speaker 5: On don't know. What we're just gonna do it now And.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna make you stay as.
Speaker 6: Usual Ray Longo minute is brought to you every week By Throwing sport. Coffee Thrown Sport, coffee the official beverage of the Anticon Florian Podcast, coffee is Functional better For you coffee made for active on the go. Lifestyles each can one hundred and fifty milligrams of natural, caffeine natural, sweeteners and one hundred percent of your daily b. Vitamins lattes pack ten grams of, protein and the cold bruise For Raymond longo are low sugar and dairy, free multiple dairy free options for all of.
Speaker 4: You ray you need, more by the, way you need.
Speaker 10: A ship just send those cold bruise over, all?
Speaker 4: Right for those, Others oh, wait, wait.
Speaker 12: Wait hold, On hold on a, second The Peanut gallery has made a.
Speaker 10: Request please will you send?
Speaker 4: This we got.
Speaker 6: You but for those that don't get the shipments Like, longo you can find Thrown Sport coffee in retailers wide Including, Cases Quick, trip And Whole, foods or online At, Amazon, walmart or just go directly to their Website sportcoffee dot Com Throwing Sport. Coffee get, going keep, going and look he's showing us a Little uh.
Speaker 10: Wait, JOHNNY i thought he jumped off the.
Speaker 6: Ledge, John, hey real, Quick, john have you have you talked to Gai chie since The White, house just via.
Speaker 4: TEXT i haven't seen him in. Person see that's, YEAH i mean that's gonna be you, know you talk about some of the moments where you've seen fighters after they've realized, championships The Leon.
Speaker 6: Edwards hug rings a. Bell you've got to be excited to see j G, Yeah i'm gonna tell HIM i came this close to violating my contract to bet on. Him you, know we were talking at the bar last, night and, UH i don't Think Justin gaigie is going to fight.
Speaker 4: Again you.
Speaker 6: KNOW i think there's a little bit of maternal pressure coming, in you, know and. Beautiful so we'll, see we'll. See but, YEAH i MEAN i think financial freedom has been a crude but uh, Yeah i'm.
Speaker 4: Excited to See justin that that's. Awesome we're gonna grip.
Speaker 6: It we're gonna rip, it AND i hope you guys have a great rest of the.
Speaker 4: Show, yeah thank, you, brother appreciate. It Johnny, Man we'll pull it for. YOU i feel Like i'll see WHAT i can.
Speaker 6: DO i have An anakin floorin podcast golf shirt That i'm about to put off The let's GO i feel Like i'm on an island WHERE i truly do not want to See Justin gatgie compete, again where everybody else is, like, Oh i'm AN mma, FAN i just have to have. IT i would love to see him walk.
Speaker 7: Away i'm with, you, Dude i'm with. YOU i think that it doesn't get any bigger or better than. That just everything around that fight was just magical for the, guy and, uh it would.
Speaker 5: Nice it would be so nice to see him go out on.
Speaker 7: Top if there's one guy who deserves, it that's the dude after all the wars and all the things that he's done for the.
Speaker 5: Sport, dude for, me it would just Be cinderella, ending.
Speaker 6: Right you know on the visual FROM ufc three, HUNDRED i believe was three hund where he's flat lined By. Max if that was his three, hundred you, know but the visual from that to now be somewhat of a distant memory given what he.
Speaker 4: Did at The White. Sis actually you know WHAT i mean for that to just sort of be, removed, Right but let's.
Speaker 6: Not and, LOOK i think he could be very. Competitive taporia was the ONE i really feared for. Him but you, know what's the ultimate? Goal you, know AND i think it's undisputed and he achieved. It so, Anyway, raymond appreciate you being with. Us anything else before you get out of, here mister?
Speaker 4: Longgo?
Speaker 5: Uh that was?
Speaker 10: It any other fights to talk? About what'd you talk?
Speaker 2: About you?
Speaker 6: KNOW i mean the comin event we didn't touch. ON cld took care of cannon.
Speaker 12: Ear, Oh i'll tell you one. Thing The Fatima client FIGHT i thought was. UNBELIEVABLE i thought that kid's a future champion for. SURE i, mean or at least she's fighting for the title very. SOON i would THINK i would Take.
Speaker 3: Yeah she looked.
Speaker 5: Great you. Know it reminded me of W, w where she's, like you, know.
Speaker 7: Suplexing she had got to look into the crowd like she was that comfortable and that inner element to go out there and be that.
Speaker 5: Present.
Speaker 7: Right she was just having a good time and just killing her in all, fronts and, yeah she was dialed. IN i thought that was a very good fight for her to kind of get the fans and know how good she.
Speaker 12: Is oh, yeah it gets a talented. Girl it just made it look. Yeah, yeah that was the crazy.
Speaker 6: Part, well you, know and it's the, swings you, know she's THE i know these meta usc meta, rankings you, know leave some things to be. Desired But i've seen at number fourteen By klein's, Name Tabitha, ricci number.
Speaker 4: SEVEN i, Mean klein just blowed me. Away you.
Speaker 6: Know she lost her debut To Jasmin jazzavisius and now she's one four. Straight AND i think sometimes being in there with a dog Like jazza vision having a, LOSS i think she learned a lot from it and just a lot of.
Speaker 10: Fun.
Speaker 12: Lot but, again a short notice fight and she fought up ten, pounds you got to put that in.
Speaker 10: It that was a good.
Speaker 12: Category, yeah she was competitive against a dog at a another week list this early. On pretty fucking good even in that. Fight SO i wouldn't h you knew what was going to come after, that you, Know.
Speaker 5: Well good, Stuff.
Speaker 6: RAYMOND i HOPE i. Did, OKAY i. DIDN'T i, didn't Bank, John but always a. Pleasure you know how much LOVE i have for.
Speaker 4: You appreciate the same.
Speaker 12: Thing, Good good back at you. Guys take it, easy, MAN i will see you next. Week all, right you're, right take it.
Speaker 10: Again.
Speaker 4: FLOW i wasn't going to go with The Raymond pete. STUFF i.
Speaker 6: WASN'T i just wasn't going to do. It SO i, know we talked a little bit about The World. CUP i know you're not hugely a, gambler if you, will but you, KNOW i bet On france before the tournament, started And john had a lot of bets tied To, france And i'm hoping he hedged appropriately On. Spain But spain's won like thirty seven in a row. Internationally it's just. Unbelievable you think about their plus five point fifty to begin that. TOURNAMENT i feel like MAYBE i should have looked. There but, anyway we're gonna get To DraftKings here this. Summer whatever you're, watching, baseball, golf, soccer, Racing DraftKings has you covered for every single moment of. It The DraftKings sports app is now available in all fifty, states Including florida WHERE i, reside.
Speaker 4: Bringing the game straight to your fingertips wherever you.
Speaker 6: Are so New DraftKings customers sign up with the code af, pod spend five bucks and get one hundred and fifty dollars in rewards within fourteen. Days this includes all markets That's code af.
Speaker 4: Pod in partnership With, DraftKings The crown.
Speaker 6: Is yours bet WITH dk sportsbook gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or one eight hundred mi Reset connecticut eight at eight seven eight nine seven seven seven. Seven VISIT ccpg dot org on behalf Of Boothill casino In. Kansas bet tax passed through may apply In illinois twenty one plus void In. Canada event contract trading With DraftKings predictions involves risks of, loss availability, varies predictions offer void In New. York bet to get bonus bets that expire in seven. Days trade to get predictions dollars that expire in one. Year fifty dollars in rewards issued every seven days via click to claim for fourteen. Days one non withdrawable reward redeemable terms AT dkng dot co slash offer limited time.
Speaker 4: Off so, flow you, know last, YEAR.
Speaker 6: I believe you were in the black in terms of your place your bets right and you know he's still in the black right. Now SO i want to talk about The comain main event as we're getting into the main event challenge here and then we are gonna make you wager.
Speaker 4: Again we'll talk about your wagers last. Week so.
Speaker 6: Two FIGHTS Ufc Fight night this week And uncliah versus Goose CoV live from The Eddie Had arena In Abu. Dhabi main event gets underway twelve O'clock eastern. Time what's that going to be like for? You are you too busy with kids or do you prefer that afternoon.
Speaker 7: STAT i kind of like that afternoon. Start it depends on what we got going. On it's a jiu jitsu day for the, kids So i'm gonna have to manage that, appropriately but, YEAH i love.
Speaker 4: It how Old how old is your? Son?
Speaker 5: Archer archer is? Five? Now?
Speaker 4: Wow, Yeah i'll tell you. What man and training jiu jitsu as he should he.
Speaker 5: Is he started at. Three, yeah you started younger than. Everybody, Yes i'll tell you.
Speaker 6: What all these, kids even if they don't go up to be, fighters should be doing jiu. Jitsu it's a big. Mistake my girls aren't doing jiu.
Speaker 4: Jitsu but, anyway all, right we're gonna begin with the komain event in the flyweight.
Speaker 6: Division close fight on paper here Flow Steve versag minus one fifteen takes On Ramazan tamirov come back in minus one oh. Five So ersega has won two straight after a tough three fight losing street against the elites of the division that included a championship opportunity back in twenty twenty four Against Alesandre pantosia did take him five rounds last time. OUT i thought he looked outstanding in a three round unanimous decision win against a Game Tim elliott that was In perth back On may, Second so pretty quick turn here Against. Tamirov tamirov nineteen and two is a pro two and zero in THE ufc hasn't made the octagon walk Since march of twenty twenty. Five that, date he Beat Charles johnson by unanimous. Decision tough test here Against Astro boy for the man From. Uzbekistan your thoughts on the comain event.
Speaker 5: Such a great, Fight, YEAH i.
Speaker 7: Agree in that fight Against Tim, Elliot ursa had to use all of his skills to get it. DONE i was able to battle back into some you, know tough spots when he was getting taken down into side control and things like, that and timiliate Tim elliott is such an awkward, Style but, yeah he looked. Great he looked. FOCUSED i thought his striking looked a lot. Cleaner but he's gonna have to be on point defensively here against Team arov Or. TEMEROV i don't know how we're pronouncing, it but this, guy for Most Azbekistan uzbekistan is a big time. Problem he's got some serious power built like an absolute.
Speaker 5: Beast his spinning back.
Speaker 7: Kick is, uh you, know it's been curated from. Hell you got to watch out for his, speed his. Power this guy just keeps on throw AND i think he needs to manage his efficiency here Against, erseg who's, obviously you, know such a veteran of the game and, really you, know so comfortable now competing out. There BUT i Like timirov here in this. SPOT i think, that you, know his, overhands his shots of the, body him being short and stocky and coming from that area which is traditionally a wrestling, Powerhouse he's going to be tough to be taken. DOWN i think that's What ersak can win is with a submission. GAME i think he'll have the better submission. GAME i just don't think it's going to go to the. GROUND i LIKE toi mirror off here in this.
Speaker 5: SPOT i like.
Speaker 4: It we'll see if you put any of Your american dollars on the slight dog in The ko main.
Speaker 6: Event another man From uzbekistan competing in the main event wasn't originally, scheduled so former UNDISPUTED Ufc light heavily Champion Maghaman ankliev a now minus five thirty five favorite against the replacement Bogged On guskov coming back at four to one plus four. Hundred he accepted this fight on fourteen days notice After Khloe Roundtree junior suffered an injury in, training So guskov was supposed to rematch You On bohovich a week later In. Serbia couldn't resist this massive. Opportunity he had one four straight before that majority draw Against bohovich back In. December big step up here, though against the heavily favored former Champ Anka, laiev who's looking to sort of forget about that last fight With paeda at the end of last.
Speaker 7: Year well A guskoff can get him to remember that last fight Against pereira if he goes out there like he normally, does which is you, know looking for that knockout straight, away hunting him, down backing up his, opponents AND i Think, uncliav with all of his, experience is gonna need. That he is a big favorite for a reason THOUGH i think skill wise he is the better, fighter but make no mistake about, it Gust golf is, very very, dangerous especially on the.
Speaker 5: Feet of.
Speaker 7: COURSE i Think unclia, though is just so well. Rounded he's so good everywhere typically fights really really. Smart there were some rumors about him potentially being injured in that last fight Against, pereira BUT i think we'll See Uncle liav perform extremely well here in this spot Against Gus. Golf would be surprised as him initiate or look for some takedowns if there is a lot of pressure on the part Of Gus. Golf But Guz golf can get it.
Speaker 5: Done.
Speaker 7: Man he's got some serious. Power he's very, fast he's athletic for the. Division but, YEAH i Think anclive is a big favorite for a. Reason SO i Have uncle.
Speaker 6: Elive So i'm sure your fight camps were very calculated in terms of every day sort of leading up to.
Speaker 4: It But i'm curious for a.
Speaker 6: Guy like Guskav right to have this fight a week earlier than he was originally scheduled to. COMPETE i bet a part of him it's like fucking, great let's knock a week off the, calendar, RIGHT i, mean how do you think that's. IMPACTED i, know things sort of settle down to the end of, camp but sort of having that fight come a week, sooner how do you think that may it may or may not impact sort of him getting.
Speaker 5: Ready, yeah, no great.
Speaker 7: QUESTION i think every, fighter every, camp every coach kind of runs it. Differently BUT i do think you want to be able to manage yourself to be able to peek at the right, time and a lot of times that means shutting down or extending your sparring based on when you're going to. Fight and it also depends on what kind of bumps and bruises you have going into a, fight, Right so sometimes you'll see guys tone it down a little. Bit so managing that whole. Thing how intense your strength and conditioning sessions, are you, know what kind of circuit training you're. Doing all of those things get dialed in with way more precision as you get closer to that fight. Date so, yeah in a lot of, WAYS i think it makes more sense to kind of, eight you, know.
Speaker 5: Let's cut up a week out of the. TRAINING i don't have to worry about it as.
Speaker 7: Much there's less pressure on me going against this big favorite In, UNCLIATH i think that will Serve goose gov well heading into. This but, YEAH i think how they manage that is going to be, important And i'm sure they did that appropriately here Against, anklive you.
Speaker 4: Know and for Unkliev.
Speaker 6: Right, oftentimes when we talk about these these fighters taking fights on short, notice it's also you, know the fight is accepted By, Uncliath and OBVIOUSLY i think the betting line With Roundtree junior was a little bit, closer but a different challenge here FOR uncliab as.
Speaker 5: Well, yes, definitely.
Speaker 6: All, Right, kenny we're gonna have you put your money where your mouth. Is we're gonna get to place your. Bets as you all know who joined us last, week you were bullish ON cld put your whole thousand dollars, there which netted you just over three hundred and. Seven so you are now plus one two hundred and thirty six dollars and thirty four cents on the. Year so if you're if you're Tailing, county you're doing. Well so got a thousand to play with FOR usc fight. Night how are you attacking the board this?
Speaker 5: Week?
Speaker 7: Sir you Know i'm gonna keep it simple. Here yet, AGAIN i really see a lot of value On timirov here Against. Erseg and, YES i Know erseg has more, experience he's a bigger, Name BUT i think because of, THIS i see a huge opportunity for Timorrow, tamirov WHO i think really could do some serious things in that. Division So i'm putting all one thousand here On Ramazan.
Speaker 6: Timirov you, Know i'll tell you what when on some of the bets that you're bullish, on you, know when YOU i have a feeling that those large, wagers if we looked at your bigger, wagers they come in more often than. NOT i need to find my way to The Coconut freak sports book tailing some of your.
Speaker 4: Stuff all.
Speaker 6: Right before we get out of, here we've got to break open some, cards all. Right so let's get to these home of fight repacks AND i actually get to do a couple. Today so what IF i told you sixty dollar investment could land you a sixteen hundred DOLLARS ufc.
Speaker 4: Card that's what we're trying to do. Here so we each break open, too And i'll get to some of the.
Speaker 6: Details But Homophyte repacks powered by collectibles Dot. Com you secure your packet, inside we're going to open up an authentic GRADED ufc. Card from, there you can either keep it secure to your online, vault ship it home to your, collection or move it instantly back to collectibles dot. Com some of these cards that we send to our homes are going to be sent out to you. Fans so if you LOVE, mma if you thrive on, anticipation if you appreciate the championship level, stakes this is your. Moment head To Homophyte cards Dot com or download the collectible app just as easy there and get in on the. Action because sometimes the biggest wins don't happen inside the. Octagon so every, week you guys each break open two. CARDS i believe you got your best card of the. Season last week opened up An Alex paata. Card If i'm not, mistaken was that last?
Speaker 4: Week all? Right so we're each going to open. TOO i know we don't have that special music anymore where it's like, Wow but, anyway this is my For, john AND i assume Because i'm here hosting the, SHOW i would get this.
Speaker 15: Card so let's seho we Got let's. Go, well let me just make that Sound.
Speaker 4: Okay what we got twenty twenty five Tops, CROME Ufc kings And Queen's Macy BARBER psa.
Speaker 6: Eight what do they say in the value is? There buy back twenty seven? Dollars so not necessarily a great draw for me out of the, gate BUT i Like Macy barber very, much and so just so you all, know it's a sixty dollars sort of purchase, here, Right so they're, buyback so you're basically getting half of your money. Back Nate bronson thinks it's a cool looking. CARD i do as, well But i'm sort of In john's account. HERE i think we're gonna have to sort of sell it back BECAUSE i assume he would be doing. That, NATE i hope you don't disagree with my. Decision it is a cool looking. Card cody, says what if we get it? Signed AM i supposed to keep?
Speaker 15: It?
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 4: Right you guys make the decision for?
Speaker 5: Me buy?
Speaker 3: Back bye?
Speaker 4: Back so what do we do?
Speaker 6: HERE i get to open two of them and then we go to Ken flow's account buy. Again look at all these xp our balances with you, Guys but we do got to set something up where we're sending some of these cards out to.
Speaker 4: Fans yeah for.
Speaker 5: Sure all.
Speaker 4: Right my second card is a.
Speaker 3: My Man.
Speaker 6: Tops CHROME Ufc, Chrome Veteran Autographs Veteran Auto Goal Jamal hill p S a. Eight you Know i'm keeping that with my Guy Jamal hill sitting tore right on. It he doesn't look anything like that physically right. Now have we seen the weight my Boy Jamal hill putting on to go up to? Heavyweight hanging out with corner too much or. Something, oh but we're Keeping we're keeping that one hundred. Percent i'm gonna Have john ship that to. Me but you, know it really is. Interesting you, know we talk About Kamara usman and defending the belt five times And Jamal hill former, champion a lot of a lot of guys that have become, champion but sometimes what you do with it is what measures sort of that true. Greatness so Hopefully Maul hill can make a little run at. Heavyweight as we flip over to the count Of Ken.
Speaker 5: Flowt's see what we got. Here give me.
Speaker 4: We got to get that music back on.
Speaker 6: It just there's something ABOUT i know we can't do, both but here we go the account Of Canith.
Speaker 4: Florian all, right let's SEE.
Speaker 3: I got some sound effects.
Speaker 4: Here i'm going, here.
Speaker 5: All, right there's a past. Float it's Opening. Wow Ronda ROUSEY psa.
Speaker 4: Nine wow from twenty. Thirteen i'm a little. Sick bye bye, bye bout only forty four sixty? Nine what AM i?
Speaker 5: MISSING i Know i'm gonna keep that.
Speaker 7: ONE i love to have one of. THOSE i might actually Have ron sign it and keep. It, yeah, yeah thank, you thank, you thank you very.
Speaker 6: Much given the you're a broadcaster on her on her final fight or, whatever.
Speaker 5: It is absolutely all, right all, right it's gonna keep what else we. Got gonna keep, that.
Speaker 2: All.
Speaker 6: Right Appreciate Maddy bets and everybody over at home of fight locking us in on these. REPACKS i tell you there's a. Car but sport cards are just taking over the. World, flow, believer everybody's all into this stuff like WHEN i was a.
Speaker 4: Child what do we.
Speaker 5: Got At ASNIA psa? Ten why, dude these are.
Speaker 4: Great it's a nice looking. Card. Flow it is a nice.
Speaker 5: Car i've never seen anything.
Speaker 4: Like i'm gonna keep that busy fan, yeah house purpose.
Speaker 6: AND i like the p S a tens Like i'm you, know what's a? Card it's not in perfect? Condition you know WHAT i, mean fun day to day. FLOW i appreciate you letting me sort of keep the seat. Warm a lot of, traffic but you know we handled it the best we. Could, hey anything else you're chopping on BEFORE i get us out.
Speaker 4: Of here, TODAY i think that's. It.
Speaker 5: Brother it was, awesome awesome doing the show with.
Speaker 6: You do it flies. By thank you To ray Long, AGO R J. Clifford we Got Nate, Bronson Cody marrow in the. Back john will be back next week to Help Ken flow recap this weekend's. Fights get you ready for That august first card In. Serbia john will be in the building In serbia the first time THE ufc touches down In. Serbia main event The Doctor metich versus D Rod and if you're watching now and haven't yet subscribed to The Anich florian podcast, channel don't be afraid to hit that. Button we certainly appreciate the support and we encourage you to follow all the smoke as, well all The Smoke, fight all their content absolutely. Riveting and with that For Kenny flory and my name Is, jason and we'll see on Next.
Speaker 4: MONDAY, yo fucking later