Speaker 1: We like to welcome every one to another episode against the Chronicles podcast, and I got my boy, ye man, tonight we got some special guests in here. Man, we got you know, a legend here in the future legend the future Hall of Famer, one Hall of Famer, one first battlet Hall of Famer, and another one. You know you gonna have his time coming pretty soon. But he far from them. When either one of them is far from them. We got home hes, cocaine and Glasses malone in the building.
Speaker 2: Official.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, So what's happening to night fellas.
Speaker 3: Man, appreciate you having us on this platform. You know, I've been minute to come up here for a minute. But it's the right time right now, for.
Speaker 1: Sure, for sure, for sure, we've been planning this for a minute now. Glasses, this is about this one hundred time on the show. So I don't even know why I gave him an introduction. I'm starting to think this nigga live in the back of the closet or something.
Speaker 4: I was here the first day when you came up with this shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy. Look where we're at right now. Two Indred sth episodes later.
Speaker 4: I was telling Hey, that shit just old fancy screen back here big time.
Speaker 2: Now he's doing a little safon time you tried so big.
Speaker 1: Time Now, that's us dog, that's us man. So you know, fifty years in on hip hop man. And you know, in those fifty years, I would say probably one of the most pivotal things that happen in rap music was gangster rap a reality rap. We said, we can start calling the reality rap, right. You know, brothers talking about tales from the streets, what's going on in their neighborhood. One of the forefathers of that on the West coast, you know as many You know, you got Ice Tea that came before him. You had the brother school, he d the did the good. He put his version of what it was. But to me, it really didn't gain no bunch of significance until it hit the West coast, right, and you was one of one of the pioneering labels Man Ruthless records. Right, how you linking? How the hell you link up with easy? And he was reasonally on the right on the California right. How did you link up with Easy?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: Through my cousin cot one seven above the log go mac Recci Peace Laylag the late Great KMG Total Cash. It was back in early eighty nine, just when their record was about to come out, you know, living like Hustlers, And you know, I did a three songs demo put on the California and first signed a production deal with Larry Goodman and Laylaw and you know that landing me a deal through Easy Easy heard me when Hutch you know, and Laylong shot the kite to him and take long for me to sign because you know, Easy love controversy. So he tripped off the name cocaine, but he was like, damn, it's like when a person is on cocaine, you don't know how you gonna your mind state gonna be because you do so many different styles.
Speaker 5: I'm fucking with you. So and it take long for me to get signed to Ruthless Records.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure, for sure, man, I know Easy Man to me, he don't get enough credit for what he did in the game and what his legacy is, right because he pretty much brought street music like to the forefront. You know when you heard them records like eight Ball, Boys in the Hood and all these different records again you a glimpse of California. What funny it was like, I came out to California in nineteen eighty eight, so that's when dope Man that started hitting across the country kind of like and I remember I heard that song and I was like, damn, man, I wondered like it made me wonder about the city of Conflin. I was a nigga, you know, riding on the street with one of my homeboys in Cleveland that song came to the race. He looked at me and said, Man, you sure you want to go out there with them comft niggas and them crips.
Speaker 2: So I asked what I was supposed to be over?
Speaker 6: You was supposed to went down where else you had the scholarship to go?
Speaker 1: Man, I could have went to Coffeeville, Kansas. I came to the West.
Speaker 6: Coast, go to Coffeeville.
Speaker 1: I wasn't having it, man, I wouldn't have it. I wasn't going nowhere to know Coffeeville. Man, I knew this is where I needed to be.
Speaker 4: What made you want to come to California? I never asked you that all these years. I know you, man, you know what's crazy outside of football?
Speaker 1: Man. I think I said this a few episodes ago, looking at ice T's album because I actually told Darlene that shut off to Darlene or Teaz. I met her up here and I said, you and iced Ty the reason I wanted to come to California.
Speaker 4: So you saw a fucking album covering that made you want to come here.
Speaker 1: That was actually that actually led to my decision, man, of going to Coffeeville or coming out here to Los Angeles, because.
Speaker 4: I know you had to compare it like Los Angeles Coffee Vielle that. Man, it wasn't even no comparison, because I know football in the Midwest is big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was. But I'm not thinking about football. I'm thinking about what I'm gonna be doing. He yeah, he wasn't get all this crip. I said, I'm thinking about.
Speaker 4: What roder the hood they got out there in California.
Speaker 1: You know all of you know what do they call extra recular activities?
Speaker 4: You, Darlene boy, for all least you know what.
Speaker 1: That's what I wanted, man, I said, I want to.
Speaker 5: Bra like that.
Speaker 1: I want a chain like that, man, And I said, I wanted to sack my boy. Fine, be supplied the sack, I said, I want to say. I was listening to that music, and it sounded like it made it funes sound.
Speaker 4: Being a D boy was la D boy was crack already in Cleveland when you left.
Speaker 1: Oh hell yeah, this started already infiltrating everything. So I'd actually start dibbling and dabbling a little bit when I was back at the crib. Was the most you've had fifty man shooting Ohio fifty man out here. I was fucking with zones and ship.
Speaker 4: You know when Ohio fifty fifty fifty piece in Ohio had to be little. Yeah, it was a little probably is like a dime out here.
Speaker 1: Cut like a motherfucker. It's called that ship blow up, motherfuckers. Shit you hit that ship, that shit get the blowing up and popping this ship.
Speaker 4: Man, heah, niggas out this everybody on this side of the cow just like biggas also that every nigga up here soul blow up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nigga, that ship would blow up in your face. That that ship would blow up in your face.
Speaker 5: They came.
Speaker 6: I remember when you first came out, because you know, uh, I think ruthless at the time. Your deal was, uh, and if I'm not mistaken, went through epic Yeah, and uh they had controversy with your name because I remember they had promo cards with us on them and they had you as who am I?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that was Al Masaku and Kenny kempso at that time, because you know, Worries Morefield was cool.
Speaker 5: But you know, Eric had landed a big deal and he.
Speaker 3: Was considered our West Coastrussell Simmons because it was like the biggest deal at that time, with an epic distribution he had above the low Cocaine and poor Broken Lonely, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying, and Broken Lonely.
Speaker 5: That was an R and B group, Chris the Glove who did a lot of stuff.
Speaker 4: Chris signed to Chris one of myselves. Chris was R and B singer.
Speaker 5: Oh man, he's an incredible producer. I don't know if he was, I don't think.
Speaker 3: But once they signed, once they signed on, we was going everywhere.
Speaker 5: The Abbey Road back in the days.
Speaker 3: This was prior England before that, you know out here Abbey Road distributors, the distributors, Violet Brown.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was.
Speaker 2: Get this. It was right.
Speaker 6: It was right over it in wats a little bit like like off of Alameda.
Speaker 1: Because actually Abbey Road was where we would go buy the records at the count of Abbey Road.
Speaker 5: Brown Brown used to take us around there.
Speaker 6: Still me a gang cassettes going. Don't going through Abbey Road, man.
Speaker 5: You know, oh hell yeah, goddamn.
Speaker 6: They that that was like the biggest West Coast distributor as far as a lot of products. So we would do a lot of fucking uh. We would do a lot of promotional ship at Abbey Road signings and shipped for the retailers and all.
Speaker 1: That's what I did E. P. M. D up there as a retailer. You know, we would go get you know, we had the pictures in our stories back in the day when people signing them. We would get those that a lot of the the wholesale spots on Abbey Road, West Coast record distributors on all those other spots you go pick up your retail front and one one.
Speaker 3: That was a one stopping plus back that was back in the days. You know, we used to go to record Pool's foot recipes. Scott was a big significant part of this game. But you know, once they you know, it was like about three months before my record was gonna come out, and they decided to change it because the FCC laws wouldn't permit them to say cocaine, right, even though we changed it now saying when you listen to cocaine, it's like it's a it's a mind trip. You're like, you don't know what this niggas gonna do, but it's gonna be funky.
Speaker 5: They wasn't having that. They were stuck in tradition.
Speaker 3: So last name. They changed my name. I had to cut out there called Nikkel slick Nigga. A lot of niggas was on that shit in nineteen ninety one. I finished the record in eighty nine. I had to wait, well Bob the Law to put out Living Like Hustlers, which was one of the most prolific albums you know, on on the project on the West Coast at that time. And they changed my name. They said who am I? So when a lot of niggas was going to the stores, that was like, well.
Speaker 5: Who the fuck is this?
Speaker 3: We look at people, Yeah, but that was that was That was a blessing. I'm gonna tell you why, something about getting doors shut in your face. And there wasn't no secret to controversy. There was like Chuck d NWA and NW at that time. There was like a modern day bomb squad, you see what I'm saying. And they was like, well, fuck Epic Records if you're gonna change the name cocaine.
Speaker 5: You know, the easy e.
Speaker 3: The whole fellas over there was very adamant about it because they were behind cocaine and they wanted Cocaine to come out just as.
Speaker 5: Big as n W had, Brother Law and everybody else on there.
Speaker 3: But they closed the door and a lot of people don't know. You know where I come from. You know, music is embedded in my twenty three chromosomes because of my father, Jerverybuddy long Senor you know, who was a ranger, composer and writer. Plus my uncle was Willie Hutch So it's like, I don't care what y'all decided to do. This is my creativity. We ain't gonna compromise it. And Eric felt the same way. And Eric was pissed off at that time, and that was one of the moves he made from Epic Records and saying bye bye going over to Alan Grumblatt and Relativity Records. You know what I mean, because because Ka whom I was out in nineteen ninety one, but it didn't have a critic ald claim just because you know, Epic Records was scared at that time. I mean, if you can't really fault them FCC's. He was like, see this nigga come along, nained cocaine. They think a nigga just like Escobar or something. But it was all about the punk. But they didn't have They wasn't hearing that shitty.
Speaker 2: They didn't know what the fuck. But doing that's all.
Speaker 3: It was beautiful because you know, me and the fellas got together at Audio Achievements at that time where we was recording shout out to Donovan rest in Peace, Donovan Dirt Biker. So it was like, man, well shit, man, we're about to shoot this do this Niggas for Life album, Well we want you on it.
Speaker 5: We're about to do Black Mafia like we want you on it.
Speaker 3: And that was the chance for me to get on Niggas for Life, introducing the character called sweet Talk.
Speaker 5: Well all right, y'all across the.
Speaker 3: Usc Compton March they do I know, just as well as easy saying, man, you'll call mop fucker with your pen. I want you to write my part for Appetite a Destruction, which I wrote his ten Gangster commandments for that, and I was like boom because that was my first platinum record in ninety one platinum, and prior to that, I had experience and chance to in nineteen eighty nine go over to Brixton London. So here I am a young coca over there and Brixton London.
Speaker 1: Like bricks is cracking.
Speaker 5: This shit is crazy. But yeah, but you know, those doors being.
Speaker 3: Shut on me is a is a significant reason why I'm the most featured recording artists in the world because you know, at that time and you know kids and you know, things was political. But I've always kept working in nine times out of ten when I go to the studio, whatever style I'm doing, I'm blessed enough that the other artists would be like, hey man, this this ship is cracked. Put the ship on there. So that really that that first door being shut in my face by not by me not being played on the radio. I think it's a significant fact that I work my ass off and twenty three, you know, thirty four years later, I'm over four thousand and one hundred and twenty eight features.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I heard a thousands of the motherfucker, So I got about a thousands at the DOE thousand.
Speaker 3: So it's it's unheard of, and a lot of people look at me and I'm like, nah, that's some bullshit. But people know what's happening because I can show you better than I can tell you. And I ain't never think about being the most featured artist.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: I was the person that was, you know, influencer, just as well as influenced by your m and your doctor dre's and above the laws and your dcs and the list goes on and it's like still sharp and still at the same time. So you know, that was the beginning of something that was very good because years later, you know, the resilience of any artists that stay consistent is the reason why they manifest and where they are today is because this game is brutal.
Speaker 5: It's worse than the dope game, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But music was embedded in me, and I was like, shit, man, I'm gonna keep going and I'm not gonna throw in the towel because a lot of people became one of it.
Speaker 5: Wonders than throughing the town.
Speaker 3: We could look at each other here and as old gs and as elders, you know, It's a blessing to go back and see youngsters all over the world now being intrigue with what's going on, because we used to be like that when we used to look at old records and we used to we was like, then, who did this?
Speaker 5: Who did that?
Speaker 3: So now it's going back because of the computers of worm up digging into crates and it's right on time, man. So you know, I'm happy. I don't live with no regrets through the good and bad. You know, the same thing that's designed to kind of stop you was the very same thing to catapult you years later.
Speaker 1: And see, you know what, you being around Drake kind of in this I ain't gonna say it's emphacy stages because it's by the time Drake was doing NWA, he had done world class recking crew and all kinds of other stuff. But you getting to work with him back then versus you getting to work with him now, kind of like in the prisons when you guys start doing all the stuff aftermath and everything like that. Did you see any difference in his production style or was he more laid back?
Speaker 3: It was it was dre is a phenomenal producer and a phenomenal DJ. First of all, you know, so back when they was doing any thing with Lonzo and Macola Records, can't forget about my coola of course.
Speaker 5: Yeah so yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So I had the privilege I choose my words carefully. I had the privilege of seeing doctor Dre, you know, and above the law and DC and mc ran. But when I would see Dre in the studio, man, he mastered that SB twelve like nobody.
Speaker 5: He never mastered. He was like, you know, back then, doctor Dre was like.
Speaker 3: So it was like considered the West Coast bomb squad, you know, because he was a hell of a DJ. And to be able to to see him, you know, knights up there with him in Easy arguing like him and Easy used to have arguments like Easy was like, man, put this shit on, like this man. Dre was like, nah, man, we don't want to do that shit, man. But they still came to an agreement and came up with two of the most bombased classic records that arguably one is greater than the last, but they both greater. And that's straight out of Compton and Niggas for Life, And those guys gave me an opportunity I remember in nineteen eighty nine when Warren G and.
Speaker 5: Jewel Rest in Peace.
Speaker 3: They used to be at audio achievements and they used to be the highlight because they used to always bag. Warreng G said one time to Jewel, he was like this, I make you chuck my dick and then want no bullshit. And then Jewel was so covid she said, well pull the motherfucker out there, you know what I'm saying. So those times around there, you know, seeing Jude, even michele A, Warren G above the law, Doc mc ran, Rescue, pece CPO, Chip DJ Train, Rest in Peace, you know what I'm saying, It was incredible because you got to realize all the success that came from ruthless. It's a significant reason why because of ruthless success is the reason why Death Row is successful, is the reason why.
Speaker 5: West Coast is successful.
Speaker 3: Of course, big ups to my twin, my og Pont the iced Tea. You know, he laid down the foundation, taking some of the elements because he knew the East Coast roots, but then easy put the shit on steroids because he took a chance being from Compton, and Compton is a significant part of West coast because they gave cats from Pomona, they gave cats from.
Speaker 5: Cleveland, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And that was the mission statement, you know, when Easy decided to put up his water money, you know, and his dope money for this to happen. Is the reason why years later it became a multi, multi, multi billion dollar industry helding.
Speaker 5: From the West Coast. So you know when you tell.
Speaker 3: Me that that Easy don't get his credit he deserved, that's genuine because he don't. Man, do not because Easy took a chance on us. Man, you know, he never made you feel like a two dollar bill the nigga used to roll with the Compton had in the back with the big ass body, bends quartiers and woo peopoo, pulling off greate nuts and made you feel like he was a multi million dollar nigga. So I learned that from him, how he was able to not just mex mess with brothers from the hood, but mess with essays that was a no no and political at that time. He took a chance.
Speaker 5: Then he went.
Speaker 3: Out the coast because he had the vision to say, Man, I'm listening to these dudes from Cleveland. They're gonna be the next this, this, this, and that Eric ideas a lot of people don't know people. I ain't gonna say bite, but was inspired by his ideas. Even all of us can say that no, mam, So you know, for me to be here and being that I was able to do what I was able to do, as being on all these records, I always pay homage to Eric, right, and of course I pay homage to Dre and everybody else that invited me on the project. It would be my blind arrogance if I was to say, yeah, I'm the most speached artist, but love is a two way street.
Speaker 5: Me all those people invited me on there, like.
Speaker 3: Your aids and your Dre's and your stoops and bust the rhymes. And so that's the importance of fellowship and unity that years later, because some of the homies ain't gone.
Speaker 5: Rest of Peaks, KMG recipeace a lot of people.
Speaker 3: But we're here as pillars to really reminded the youngsters that hey have a certain tribal protocol. We're not here to bash the youngsters, but we're here to say, get your elbows off the table, you know what I mean, because back when we was raised, you have your elbows on the table, Granny was slept ship out of you, and it's like, we got to get back to that because the.
Speaker 5: Youngsters is our future.
Speaker 3: So the discourse and disconnect between them is the reason why I think that we're still here able to put out those frequencies in magic and tell these stories that really gonna inspire people because people forgot about those stories and we didn't have no internet, we had storytelling.
Speaker 5: Do you feel you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Because you come from the era of you know where I came from as far as music and hip hop is concerned. But you know, a lot of young influence nowadays really kind of you know, I want to disassociate themselves with our generation of hip hop. Not all because there's a lot of today rappers or the generation behind us or whatever that respect, you know, the craft that you know I did or Easy did, or King Tea or Iced Tea. But then there's a lot of there's a lot of disconnection from dudes who want to even associate with our era of hip hop.
Speaker 2: Well, how you feel about that?
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, youngster's got to know that ain't no expiration data on dope music period. It's not like you in the NBA and then you break your achilles and then you can't play no more.
Speaker 5: But you see cats like.
Speaker 3: George Clinton eighty three years old, still killing them, you.
Speaker 5: Know what I mean. And it's only in hip hop. You can go to you can go to rock and bro.
Speaker 3: You can have Mick Jagger, they can fall off, they can lay back for fifteen years and pack eighty thousand people and the stuff. So the stigma between young and old, it's just some bullshit and bullshit propaganda that if.
Speaker 5: You're willing to listen to it, you're gonna be seduced by it.
Speaker 3: So I'm saying all the youngsters out there, you know, get back to the point to where you learn from the legends. And at the same time, it's accountability for the ol g's because some OG's wasn't even leading people youngsters the right way. Let's just keep it one hundred. Let's not throw it all on the youngsters like that, you know what I mean. It's accountability for everything. But it's a season for us to go ahead and talk about it. So that way, you know, once we gone and our music, you know, a hundred years from now, we'll be able to make a difference and be a cornerstone piece to influence them. And of course, you know, the disrespect is not tolerated, you know what I mean, because we was raised from the era well we you know, you would have a hundred gang bankers out, you know, in my front yard or something.
Speaker 5: And when miss y'all meanee Selim came by.
Speaker 3: And said take that shit down the street, we say yes, yes, miss y'all mean celn Yes, ma'am. Now, because of the Internet and because of the real weirdo shit, it turned up on steroids to where they're mostly projecting disrespect. But the good the good thing about us is that, oh Jesus, back to back against the wall. It could be a lot of y'all, but we're gonna stand tall because you know, all sperm cells don't get to the egg.
Speaker 5: Only one gonna listen.
Speaker 3: So you know, if we talk it to that one youngster out of ten that ain't gonna listen, that's gonna make a difference.
Speaker 5: And it really ain't no disconnect. It's all mental, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But more and more we embrace our youngsters with letting them know that, hey, it's a tribal order.
Speaker 5: To this shit.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, we didn't get down that, like we don't dish when George clinton't come in the room, I don't disrespect him. I might have a difference of opinion, but at the same time, I don't disrespect my elders. And we just got to keep pushing it and pushing it and stay in the rhythm so that way the youngsters could feel comfortable, as the OG's feel comfortable by opening up that dialogue with everybody not pointing fingers. Well, no, it's not about that.
Speaker 4: Is that really a thing? Still though at this point, well, like where y'all feel like young rappers is like that.
Speaker 3: I don't feel all young rappers like that. But the disrespect, you don't disrespect. It's just like you don't disrespect your mother, you don't disrespect your g's.
Speaker 5: Now, if a.
Speaker 3: Person's not leading by example and only doing a sample, well that's some hypocritical shit. But for those that are out there OG's that are on the front line still packing them shows, we're basically telling the youngsters, you're gonna be one of us one day live. Don't be a three pot, you know what I'm saying. Everybody trying to be a three pot there was only one Tupac. Everybody trying to be a three pot. No, man, if you humble yourself, you know, and know that all the rhetoric with the money and this and that and the lean and this. See what generation we come from. It wasn't cool to use drugs. Now it's cool to use drugs, and they pushing that line and pushing that agenda, especially with corporate structure, because we have been there before where there was meetings and shit to turn reality wrap into gangster rap, which white media did that shit. We was calling ship reality because guess what it was reality.
Speaker 5: You know, so I think give it some time.
Speaker 2: You know what the fuck I was calling my ship?
Speaker 4: I was just making rap.
Speaker 5: She was out and all that shit. I don't even I don't I call my shit reality rap.
Speaker 2: Like you know what, man, gangster rap. It wasn't reality.
Speaker 6: I was just making fucking music for ship that I saw going on.
Speaker 5: But that's reality.
Speaker 6: But then I wasn't like it's a trag new on records. You know, I didn't do that on records, y'all.
Speaker 4: Remember, basically was.
Speaker 6: Telling you, uh, when we hung out on bar Clay niggas came through dumping how he got killed when the police came through.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you something.
Speaker 2: We got Jack holding tank for twelve but.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you something. Let me ask you something. Is that fake or is that reality? No?
Speaker 2: That was shit. We were it was reality. But I don't think like I don't.
Speaker 6: I didn't look at it as like you know, because this ain't everybody's reality.
Speaker 2: This is what's going on in my neighborhood, right.
Speaker 5: You know what we used to call it street reporting.
Speaker 6: I used to call it just neighborhood music. I'm making neighborhood music because it's it's for it's for a certain audience. Everybody ain't gonna like my shit, and this is not everybody's reality.
Speaker 2: You get me.
Speaker 6: So this is my form of reporting because motherfuckers all across the country is curious about what's going on because they done saw colors or saw some others. Motherfuckers is curious about what these niggas doing cripping in blood. But I'm not gonna go there because some of you niggas don't even get the aspect of what cripping in blood. Neggs, y'all just see bandanas in rags. These niggas gang bag That.
Speaker 4: Was curious something, right, because y'all like, right, the generation before minds, Right, do you remember the first time who was the first rapper you heard claimed their ship is gangster rap?
Speaker 2: Because I was singing on wax record.
Speaker 4: No no, not not gang banging, but like really saying gangster rap, like the first thing that come to my mind. And y'all could tell me sooner. But I remember Doctor Dre saying it on the chronic don't let me ride gangster shit makes a ganga snaps word to the motherfucker streets.
Speaker 3: Well, buff Law was saying gangster ship and they ship. Yeah, you look at living like hustles. They were saying, balling gangster. I'm just telling the truth facts.
Speaker 4: So I'm saying, do you remember the first time you heard it when somebody claimed the life not banging on?
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, A lot of stuff. I mean, I know, I know we talk about but you know you gotta get it.
Speaker 6: I heard it on King t Uh Yeah, King T. I heard it with Ship. I heard it on I heard it with Toddy t Mix on TDK tape. Yeah you give me uh Todd them was selling TDK tapes through the neighborhood.
Speaker 5: For twenty dollars tape.
Speaker 6: It was all they was talking about gangsters and cluckheads and straw.
Speaker 4: That's how I remember all that. That's how I remember old war.
Speaker 2: That was my.
Speaker 1: First glasses is asking if you're who was the first one to rip their hood openly.
Speaker 4: Going no, no, not not that big hot but just say gangster. Yeah, I'm not talking about gang bang because that's differult.
Speaker 6: You just talking about somebody heard the motherfucker gold nigga make gangster.
Speaker 2: This is a gangster U ship.
Speaker 3: A lot of a lot of a lot of people back then you say street knowledge. That's what street reporters. We're street reporters. They were saying that in eighty seven. Weren't nobody saying, man were on some gangster ship on MTV with five fath No, they wasn't. No.
Speaker 6: They just did that I think because and like I said, because of where we was from.
Speaker 5: That was my white media. And I don't even want to say the name.
Speaker 6: It was a publicist that said he represented and Cali was known for blood and that was gangster or as far as people looked at us like oh, because you know, back in the days, gangsters was the niggas who wore the hats with the three piece suits and shit like that. But as far as the West Coast was concerned, gangster was the niggas who wearing the red and blue rags.
Speaker 4: I always looked at it like a like a modern day extension of cowboys. So when I would hear y'all records when I was young, like my mom, feel me my first experience to a one starle My mom you know what I mean, raised me, you know, in the forums and richly forms. So we used to go to this one stop in Orange County and this she would buy so many albums. This is where she would go to Bomba. It was a better deal. And I remember always seeing it like y'all was like black cowboys, Like all the stories are like cowboys stories and as funny. As I get older, I think back, and I'm like, I never looked at y'all, Like I didn't even look at I don't think I looked at y'all so much like rappers versus niggas from around the way talking about how shit was going down around the way. It was like cowboys like outlaw. Feel me, niggas gonna have a gun. Niggas is going where they're going, whatever is happening, and that's how I always consumed it.
Speaker 3: But when you think about it, you know a lot of people, you know, because I remember when they had self destructure and then we came.
Speaker 5: We came with our ship.
Speaker 3: We all in the same game with Mike exception on. A lot of gangster shit came from the East Coast.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought.
Speaker 5: Just Ice was cast the message. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: A lot, a lot of stuff you know, came through there, and it was a blessing that that, you know, Ice Tea, you know, Twin had those East Coast elements because it ain't where you're from, it's where you're at. It's like they used to get the clothes, they used to get everything, used to come to.
Speaker 5: New York first, the Mecca, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So we wanted to change the whole thing by introducing our shit but coming from the West Coast because a lot of the names that were named were similar to the names of the East Coast.
Speaker 5: No bullshit, I.
Speaker 1: Can dig it, I can you know. I want to go back and ask a few more questions about my boy Easy right, So Easy goes to this big turmoil, everybody leaf and everybody bounced pretty much. You and him had a really good relationship. Absolutely did that impacts you when he did? You like, when that whole riff happened, where was you at with everything?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: It was crazy because let me let me, let me sum it up, and I got this shit down to a t nineteen ninety Above the log came out in the nineteen ninety Warren g on Snoop and Ny Dog to the studio on loci Enegan, Ctenola in Inglehood. Prior to that, in eighty nine, Orange and myself used to stay with Hutch and Coton California, Department one eight seven, Cottonwood Ranch.
Speaker 5: So we were all with each other everybody.
Speaker 3: You know, Sugar was our bodyguard back then.
Speaker 5: We used to hook up.
Speaker 3: I mean I got my first cars from Sugar in eighty nine. And Ron Brown that used to play for the Rams and shit. So you know, but it's a trip. How just everything just transpired after you know, you know, Snoop and everybody audition for Hutch actually above the law because they was gonna put their record on a lot of people don't know, just Snoop Snoop was going to be a ruthless artist. But because I was signed and had contractual obligations to him, he had to wait, you know what I mean. So we created something called black Mafia Life, and you got to realize, you know, everybody was influencing everybody, still sharp and still you know a lot of people say it was bid, it was this and that. You know, hot show and the butter Law and co Cocaine was influential to n w A and Doctor Dre and Snoop and everybody else, and they were too to us, you know.
Speaker 5: So it's a.
Speaker 3: Trip to see how the revelation of those two. I would say not.
Speaker 5: Brutal, because Biggie and Pockshit was brutal. They're not here, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm asking if anybody in here going live kind of cut it right now. We've got to put the show out and release it.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, what you talking about? Now? What was he saying?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 5: I forgot about what all said it was?
Speaker 4: How was the break?
Speaker 1: Really? Where was you at? Like? Where was you at with the rift? Like as y'all was?
Speaker 5: Okay, So.
Speaker 3: We were gonna leave Ruthless Records, BA La Lag Cocaine Wow, because of the contracts was fucked up at that time.
Speaker 5: That was Jerry. Oh wow, they were double tipping.
Speaker 3: You sell records over here, and we shipped three hundred thousand international all that shit, so we were tight. Dray didn't have to leave. Dre wanted to leave, you know, because he's seeing Q leave. The poison as being spread. And I can't fault him because the paperwork was wasn't correct. You wasn't getting published, let me tell you, and all that shit. And re rekindled our business relationship with Eric because we loved the brother so much, because he gave us an opportunity of a lifetime. And he called the meeting Loci and against Centinella at the Edge Recording Studio, and Dre didn't show up to that meeting. We rekindled our business relationship because actually the first people that were gonna be on death row was not Snoop, was not Dog Pound was above the long cocaine. But we backed out of the deal and to stay with E and at the time I had obligations with Rutheless and at that time much past Warren g took Snoop and they Dog to a barbecue whatever they was having playing the music. Doctor Dre called Hutch and said, I know you're working with Snoop Man, I want to put some shit out of him. I said, go ahead, man, he's a dope preestyler. I'm working on cocaine shit. That landed the deal because Hutch gave Doctor Dre the blessing for Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 5: Back then.
Speaker 3: Do so we were listening to some shit and even at the same time, we were at a party because it was all homeboys, even when the breakup happened in ninety one and we was we was at this function right and we was playing black Mafia life.
Speaker 5: I'm not bringing just ahing, you know some of the shit. And Doctor Dre was.
Speaker 3: Like, Hey, HUDs Man, what's that ship. Y'all call y'all shit man, that's shit hard. I was just like, Nigga, we call a gphone man, that's our shit. He's like, Nigga, y'all go wing all, Drea, Nigga, y'all go win on that. So then we were all cool. Dre was beefing because the poison was spread. You know what I'm saying, niggas hated on us, and I know who was behind it. I don't need to say his name. You know he in jail, you know what I mean. But yeah, it was like hearing them say some of our words, bawling, chronic all the shit that came from us. So we was like and then we heard it was like damn this and us man, like you auditioned for us at that time, but see when you look years later, it don't matter if you right or wrong. If you ride with somebody, you don't care about shit. So I understood and in respect that that they were riding for them no matter what, and we was riding for us. So in nineteen ninety two, I still had a chance to get on a Death Row orientated soundtrack that was called Deep Cover.
Speaker 5: Nichols Slick Nigga is on that, on that shit.
Speaker 3: And I got a chance to get on Minister Society soundtrack doing a record for mss Keylo.
Speaker 5: Call All Over Ale.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was the ship.
Speaker 5: You feel what I'm saying, So everybody you know it was. It was.
Speaker 3: It was a crazy atmosphere at that time. And Easy was like, man, I ain't Fina dished them because I'm making more money off Dre because Dre he still was on contract and all this other shit. So but we got to the point to where we was like, easy, you gotta say something, you know, and then whoever put corrupt? And I loving the life, I love dash to life. But they dissed us on a song called Blunching Tangle Ray in nineteen ninety three. I don't I don't fuck with no motherfucking cocaine, cocaine to blow up.
Speaker 5: This is corrupt. But I love you nigga. You know.
Speaker 3: But back time, they was riding for death row and we were riding for roopless because we felt we had more yaps in the game because of what influence we did and what we felt like y'all took.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you a question, f me, what made so did dre and all of that stuff went a certain way? If I remember being a kid and reading about it. What made the ice que about the lost shit so crazy?
Speaker 5: How did they well?
Speaker 3: First of all, first of all, Nwa didn't fight ice Cube no, and he said some stuff at that time, you know, and ice Cube ain't no buster because ice Cube defended itself way and.
Speaker 5: Lose draw whatever. He defended hisself.
Speaker 3: But at that time, we was like, why you gotta say something about us? You know what I'm saying because he said, Niggas from Pomona. He was like count clowning us, and it was it was clowning us. He said, Niggas from Pomona. The only thing they need to be thinking about is the ten Freeway because they ain't nothing out.
Speaker 5: Dear should have said that, that's.
Speaker 3: What gangster shit going on, because when we came to Ropeus Records, Niggas was selling dope, Niggas was busting on niggas. Niggas was doing all that, Niggas was spiking the clubs. You Knowniggas was doing. Niggas was really know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: A lot of people, Yeah, didn't you know what it was? Yeah, so you can tell people what Yeah it was like, yeah it was it was it was street, it was neighborhood.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But see when we came came out because we had to prove ourselves because it was a small andreacy. But but with the last county out of l A, in order to go to the l A County.
Speaker 5: Fair Grounds, you got to go.
Speaker 4: To Pomona, So you'll go to the county.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we had some we have some real See when above law and cocaine came to that.
Speaker 5: It was on a different element.
Speaker 3: Eric was like, man, y'all need to stop selling DoPT really above the law, y'all need to stop selling dope. Man, y'all need to stop doing this. So they called above the law henchmen for n w A. So when that thing happened with q Q came up to the celebrity, No, I was a celebrity. That was the celebrity. It was rest in peace, Guru.
Speaker 2: But it was it was above the law. It was us yep. It was low profile.
Speaker 5: And Guru gankstart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was when the stage rotated around.
Speaker 5: Celebrity yep, yep.
Speaker 3: So when Cbe came through, you know, since Cube and Larry and mister Larry Goodman Laylaw were very tight, you know what I mean, Ben tight, you know what I mean? You know Cube try to you know, just come through and try to hash it out. And you know, Hutch wasn't having it. The crew wasn't having it. But it's not like he didn't defend itself. It's easy to be like boo boo, you can say that, but then is you gonna take that fade? He took the fade.
Speaker 5: However it went. He took that fade.
Speaker 3: But then that was at that time where it was like Nigga, you don't say nothing about pomoning niggas man. We we considered ourselves at that time the real ones at Ruper's records because we were smoking weed when niggas didn't smoke weed. We were shelling dope when niggas said they were selling dope outside of e It's real shit. It's not to take nothing. It's not nothing to take away from anybody else.
Speaker 4: I mean, you gotta remember that Niggas was in high school and y'all, yeah, you kind of heard that, you know, I mean, growing up. But I just wonder why the Dre stuff. I don't think it was as bad as this stuff. Like I guess maybe it had a chance to come to a head at that point because y'all ran into somebody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know, it was a lot of shit going on.
Speaker 3: And like I said, when you talk about beef, you gotta talk about people that are not here no more. I mean, Doctor Dre and Easy was dissing each other, but they lived in Calabasa, seeing each other traffic Hong Kong around the corner deuces. So nah, that was some other when other people are behind it, did it something else? And there was other people behind it. Because years later me and Snooped and Orange all of us, Doctor Draven hooked back up and was like, man, what the fuck we was fighting for? That was on some rubless deth row and that's on people. You know, sug was right when he was saying certain things as far as publishing. It's far as certain things, you know, But this is my opinion. It just got to his head. A lot of shit got to his head, and he took things in the wrong manner.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: Now, just imagine if he would have took it in a different manner, you know what I mean, he would be a multi multi billionaire.
Speaker 5: Park would still be here.
Speaker 3: But in this game, you cannot let your mind think you bigger than the bridges, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Easy to lose yourself, especially when you're being successful.
Speaker 5: And even see Easy Easy was never like that.
Speaker 3: And see Easy was going to get rid of I remember walking in the office in Calabasits. He was like Jerry Heller was on his side and Easy on a side.
Speaker 5: Me and Hutch walked in. He was like, I'm about to get rid of him.
Speaker 3: Man, it's bullshit because everybody found out even Easy that if you press up two hundred thousand and.
Speaker 5: A lot of the mafia motherfucker was doing.
Speaker 3: That in the industry and about that they would double dip in print out of town. But that shit got done to him too, and got done to all of us, and you know, yeah, but at the same time doing it. Yeah, but at the same time pros and cons. Jerry Heller was a significant fat of Ruthless Records doing what he did with JJ Padd because JJ Padd opened up the doors to straight out of Compton and everything else that derived from that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So it's pros and cons and everything.
Speaker 3: But you know, I hear a lot of people talk about a lot of stories on how Easy Went went. All I know is I'm gonna tell you this me Jada Pickett hutch KMG Recipes had a meeting prior to Eric Passion who that was gonna do. Jada Pickett was gonna do California because her.
Speaker 5: Jena King. That was after we used to go to Peanuts.
Speaker 3: They used to come to the studio with us, So.
Speaker 5: It was like we was talking Eric's coping. I was like damn, I don't like coming man.
Speaker 3: And then all of a sudden we hear you know, he's in the hospital now. Eric was cool a week ago, Magic Johnson, it's still here thirty. Eric had enough access enough medical stuff, just as much as Magic Dunton.
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna leave it right there.
Speaker 6: It's a lot of people have a lot of difference in opinions and controversy.
Speaker 2: Behind what happened to you because of the way it happened and how.
Speaker 5: Like this put it like this. A lot of motherfuckers don't know Easy was really connected.
Speaker 3: He was connected connected on some other ship, and he wanted to do right by his artists. He wanted to do right by n WA, his whole ship. But because he was too deep in the ocean, you don't know what to expect.
Speaker 1: It's a lot, especially when you start talking about that amount of money, because I know the physical game, right, you're talking about two hundred thousand records. If you were able to go print up to press up two hundred thousand records overseas, you gotta think about the exchange rate at that time for like the pound right compared to the American dollar. So if you go over there, and get five five you tell it to them for five pounds, that means you getting ten dollars, possibly ten to fifty depending on this change rate that day. So we talk about millions of dollars being gone. Man, somebody could feel that some kind of way when they get put out that monic.
Speaker 3: Cheese and see Eric was like, man, we're finna get NWA back together.
Speaker 5: He had a quick meeting with QBE he told us.
Speaker 3: Called us on the phone, like, man, we gonna make all this shit happen, but it's shit happens the way it happens.
Speaker 1: Now before we go on. You know further, if Easier stayed it live, let's just stay theoretically he stayed alive. You think Ruthless has probably been the biggest record label hip hop record label of all time.
Speaker 3: Of course, of course, absolutely, because it wasn't no stopping us. It was something new, it was fresh. It was coming from a suppressed environment where everybody, I don't care where you're from, they related to that.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean. They influenced all of us, man.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can go back and say I might have been rapping at the same time.
Speaker 5: But they out the gate. They influenced all of us.
Speaker 3: Man, that allowed people from a suppressed environment or ghettos or a hood.
Speaker 5: For us to go ahead and capitulate to success.
Speaker 3: You know, we were very successful because you know who would think man like a brother from Compton that put up his dope money and years later you see the family tree he created. It's just on a business administrative level, it's just astronomical.
Speaker 5: So of course they would have been the biggest shit ever.
Speaker 3: Because death Row wouldn't be death row without the success of ROUPUS records.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta remember. I think a lot of people forget that. When trade, when he had all those defectors, he had a budd of law y'all was still doing your thing, signed bone thugs, harmony who blew the fuck up because.
Speaker 4: They were so different with dope for it to be out of state, that's that was always a different kind of He knew.
Speaker 3: When Eric came to us, he said, look, man, all that where you're from. Yeah, I don't care if you crip blood essay. We got to sell records to everybody, so we don't need none of that ship. You know what I'm saying. We're selling records. He understood the vision that we all do down like we messed with a lot of people. Definitely, but he understood that vision and you know, it's safe to say he was the first one to have that vision. That definitely hustler, you know what I mean, and don't get nothing, don't get nothing twisted. Everybody rhyme Sitdeka was definitely doing their thing.
Speaker 5: I want to say that. I mean at that time.
Speaker 4: To me, that's how I look at it, right, Ryan, all the stuff that came with Iced Tea and Unknown and all the stuff that came from Easy and everything which goes to me like Uncle Jam's Army and world class record crew. So all the things, right because Unknown come from Uncle Jam's Army. Unknown, you know, you get the Ice Tea records, you get the comp's most wanted and then all the same from Easy, dren.
Speaker 3: Check a few Egyptian Lover was motherfl Us, they had King t Yep, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all of that stuff came from those things as a head elements.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it goes back Man to influence. You know, influence is important because all music is recycled, you know, and we were influenced and we was on the custom things that we didn't know years later, how much West Coast influence would have an impact on the world wide coaches, from low riding to banging to how we wear our whole ship. We don't call it. We didn't call it a trap. We call it the You know what I'm saying. We influenced a lot. And what you know, at that time, they didn't give East Coast a chance to have breakout records to make millions of dollars?
Speaker 5: What Eric did?
Speaker 3: He and Jerry Eller they showed a blueprint on how to make millions of dollars. Because if there was no rubless records in blueprint, it even goes down.
Speaker 5: To jay Z.
Speaker 3: I mean, they wouldn't even knew what to do because on the West Coast we were making money on the West coast, East Coast. It started from there, but then when it moved to the West Coast, we were checkbusting, we were doing our ship, you know what I mean, And it became a rival. At that time. I remember Tim Dogg had a called Whoop woop Compton and it's like, why did he do that? You feel me? Because West Coast was making a big impression on the whole fucking world.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: About it right there was talking about self destruction. Now you look out there and they got bloods and crips, they got bloods.
Speaker 5: And man, I went out there.
Speaker 3: I went out there, Hey man, this is Brooklyn, blood do Jersey, Grape Street, all kinds of ship.
Speaker 4: And I don't hung in all the hoods. They got neighborhoods. In the Bronx, they serious suits and Brooklyn they got brims and and and and and I was calling still, I'm telling him every time I'm hanging out with different people, they got were woo tangs from they got brims and them projects. Now you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But that's what that's that's that's that's you know now you know.
Speaker 3: When we're looking back and you see all the movies you did it was a part of and different.
Speaker 5: Other things that we did. It it's like it's deep with the influence. Man, definitely, it's it's.
Speaker 3: Super deep, like like the gospel so to speak, you know what I mean. And we're we're definitely privileged to be able to tell a tale because some of the homies, you know, rest of pees.
Speaker 2: Ain't you just didn't make it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And uh, like I said, it's it's it's it's definitely fortunate to be able to come from and walks of life and be able to still sit around and tell people about you know, uh, what you basically had to go through, you know, to get to this point right now, because it wasn't always studios and microphones and shit. Before that ship came along, Niggas was really living. Uh, you know what we speak about and and what you see and what we try to represent.
Speaker 2: And that ship wasn't easy.
Speaker 6: You know, No fuckers look at uh being from the neighborhood is a glorified faction or some ship, like.
Speaker 4: A bunch of poor niggas trying to make mother.
Speaker 2: That was a hard life.
Speaker 4: That was a poor bunch of poor niggas trying to hardever you can. It's funny. I did an interview with Arion Foster and some white guys and they was like, you know, what do gang members do on Tuesday? And you know, he didn't want to ask. He felt his embarrassed, And I'm like, ship, what you do on Tuesday? Usually some nigga line And it's just so funny how they look at it like it's this different thing, and I keep explaining it's just a bunch of poor people trying to make a name for themself.
Speaker 5: Makes ship talk.
Speaker 4: Like you said, those oppressed communities always tell still to still always give me ship about it. And I'm like, it's not as crazy as it seems. A bunch of shorts. You act like this is a unity.
Speaker 6: Where you you was from somewhere to man, where hood you was from? Say where you was the Long Beach Nigga five, he was from one hundred and five.
Speaker 4: Nigga came out here five the Loan Beach game.
Speaker 2: That's why. That's why you ain't get put on the.
Speaker 4: He got put on the Long Beach game. Put him on.
Speaker 6: He got what was what they call you over there? What fine being? Them call you? They all you big. They called his ass state. They call his ass big Country. That's what they call the.
Speaker 4: He come up with CONTROVERSI you know what, I don't know why I gotta becas. They called that nigga Big Country. When he came through the hood, man, it was like, that's that nigga from Cleveland. That nigga probably looked like a slave back.
Speaker 1: Here because cocaine. You know, he came through and blistered.
Speaker 4: Some albums still look like a young slave back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, your nigga that played oigga that played roots running through the day.
Speaker 1: He's gonna kill back real quick.
Speaker 2: Classes.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you about cancel thee nuts because you got album. Yeah, cancel theese nuts.
Speaker 4: Yea cocaine on it. Like I just told you I added another three to that four thousand, two hundred and thirty five. For sure, you don't like your four record.
Speaker 1: In all kind of fingers. He definitely gonna make any song better.
Speaker 4: Him and sugar Free. Them niggas will do some ship. They will be like, send me that, and they'll just have these little parts and these little ports could just make the song better. Like sugar Free heard a song, He's like, I'm just do your ad libs. I'm like, why are you hearing the ad libs?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But that's the but you know, but but you know what, Malone, It's like, you know, why have a six four if you don't have the check the flags on it, if you don't have the detail, See like certain ship. When you just do little ship, people pay attention to details, you know what with the cruise and so between me and p we we we a detail type type of or like my.
Speaker 5: Record like that.
Speaker 4: It's funny on this album and it's so funny because I was listening to I'm like, it's these little small things like Cuz only this nigga could do this ship and then free se me. He was like, send me this and he did the same thing. I just thought that was y'all. It's a funky town of creator, just creativity. Man's funking that town for man. I don't know where y'all get that.
Speaker 1: From here, y'all, y'all know before we go, we got always touched on the news right right forgettle news, though not the regular news, but the ghettle news. What's y'all think about this whole situation? Man with blue face and creation.
Speaker 4: I don't think nothing about it that some high school ship can't get your groopies pregnant. Man, that was just groopie.
Speaker 5: High school ship. A lot of people still in high school.
Speaker 2: I don't pretty much follow uh ship like that.
Speaker 1: It's unfortunately it's a muffler, I know.
Speaker 6: And that's a little lot like like I always tell you, you know, it's unfortunate that we as a people like to see you know, silly and crazy ship and embarrassing ship, and that's what puts the scales of curiosity up there. But sometimes you gotta, uh, you got respect who you are and not want to do a lot of ship for a paycheck.
Speaker 2: And that's what I feel.
Speaker 6: Just listen to this world ship and you know sometimes his world like like I said a couple of shows ago, today, motherfuckers would do anything to become faans social currency.
Speaker 2: You feel.
Speaker 4: You see the cocker road, Yeah, you're on the internet and bathing and mayonnaise or that's how motherfucker running across some hot colds butt ass naked just for a t away for my future. That's how he got on. He had the cocker roads in this video. Just just he tough. He tough as fuck you I know, you know he is.
Speaker 1: His first video.
Speaker 4: He ate a roach, but I think blue Face he just you can't get she was a groupie, like she was trying to change your life and he knew that and he let her get all loney and it kind of messed him up. And now you get your groopie. Now you got this craziness because she ain't gonna never be grateful to him. She ain't gonna never give me credit for her success. It's all about her. But every other woman is gonna make him the trauma of her life.
Speaker 3: But you know what, you know what, you know what, and you know some people have strengths. Some people are weak. That's a weakness, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's just young man, young brother, live a little bit.
Speaker 3: You know he gonna go back and be like damn man. Because that's that's what we want to really perpetuate, is that youngsters listen, learn because you want to be a O G two one day.
Speaker 5: You don't want to be No.
Speaker 3: Five pop po pop pop will get short and.
Speaker 1: Don't want to talk to you about you in past tense for sure. And you know I'm gonna ask you all, whats y'all think? You know the sister that got here with the brick? Don't raise thirty thousand dollars on go fund me.
Speaker 3: So far, all I can say is, you know I wouldn't do it, but don't start.
Speaker 5: No shit.
Speaker 3: Won't be no shit prior to that. You know, whole live about this, she run around slapping people.
Speaker 4: I don't really want nothing, but I just wouldn't be on my phone. So I've seen a video right, and this is some real quick shit. I'm just let out. Like Instagram couzins for Brandon, It's short so people come up with silly shit off the smallest.
Speaker 2: Thing on Instagram.
Speaker 4: Twitter will read your motherfucking ass. Twitter is where the smart motherfuckers go. They will research everything about you and make a qualified decision. I saw one video where the lady is antagonizing the niggas in a parking lot that she said let her get hit with a brick and they let him leave. Well, why would you antagonize these niggas if they just let you get hit with a brick? You know what I mean. You just seen the last time you was antagonizing, some motherfucker got you hit with a brick. Why would you antagonize the niggas who let you get.
Speaker 2: Hit with a brick.
Speaker 5: Some people ain't playing, But you know, like I said, I don't know.
Speaker 6: People do anything today to be seen, to create a lane for them to become famous, and nobody is satisfied with being a regular motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Ain't this Just think about.
Speaker 4: It like this, She's the new brick baby, that's her name.
Speaker 1: You can get cancer for any motherfucking things. Baby, you can get canceled for saying some real ship. It's backwards nowadays. If you go online and talk about crazy shit shit that don't make no sense, you get praised for the rewarded for it. But if you say some real ship, they talk about canceling your ass.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's what that That that lets you know. It's a real agenda.
Speaker 4: Break baby, Man, she's gonna be out. She got thirty bucks.
Speaker 3: All right, oh man, raised more, probably raised more, and then at the end of that, shout out the big brick. Probably She's probably gonna be like, Damn, I'm glad that motherfucker hit me in the head with a brick.
Speaker 5: Ship, I got a hundred thousand chips.
Speaker 1: Shout to the ship that paid the bill.
Speaker 4: This shit right here is gonna get thirty thousand.
Speaker 1: They got it.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 4: It be hard, you know, but you know what it be hard. They should bring her on no jumper.
Speaker 6: They're telling to pick up the homie shit. Man, I want to do Glasses Malone. Talk about your album, Man, you're supposed to be the promote now. Album is trouble. Everything about Glasses. Every nigga sitting up here gonna tell you it's trouble.
Speaker 1: Anytime a nigga call this album cancel, he's nuts. You know he coming with some bullshit.
Speaker 4: It's just trouble. That'saw all. I represented trouble, this earliest Gangst the Rap phases. It's exactly everything. That's why when eight everybody get mad, I'm like, y'all made me this way. How y'all gonna be mad? How you gonna be mad at me? Y'all made me say what I want to say. That's why I say what I want to say now. So this is nothing but a continuation. Shout out to the giants, shout out to EP. We're just telling you what it is. It's the first socially charged album and Gangst the rap history. It's ain't politically charged. We just on everything here. That's goofy. We the voice of barber shops. We the voice of the Promona barber shops, counter barber shops, was barber shops, l A barber shops.
Speaker 1: Whatever, that's it.
Speaker 4: We said what we say when we're getting our haircut.
Speaker 1: Somebody need to say something because we in some crazy.
Speaker 5: And I'm glad I'm the man you invited me on the project.
Speaker 1: And tell you all picked this up yet right here, this is a bad motherfucking album. Dog Sugar Cane Mane sins Rat.
Speaker 4: When we're saying it should have been a funk album, hard, Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Funk.
Speaker 1: This ship banging like a motherfucker. It's like to me, a transcend rappid remind me of like listening like with Boots and Them would be putting out to day, you know exactly. And I was.
Speaker 4: I was saying that to Ted and them. I'm like, this is a real funk album. It's a disservice to call it a hip hop album. Right, It's bigger, it's greater.
Speaker 1: Even the way the album covers the sign. Look at this, This is like the album cover that your mom had shot.
Speaker 5: That's that.
Speaker 3: That's that old school nostalgia from the ohio playing adio players.
Speaker 5: Yeah, feel me, but we call ourselves put on the players.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: Oh and Banks produced another who.
Speaker 3: Does yeah that We actually were actually doing the video this Friday. Catch one song called Bitch Shut Up.
Speaker 1: You were just talking about that and she'll produce put the tippy in.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, chill produce that. That motherfucker.
Speaker 4: Tord I definitely got to do more.
Speaker 1: Work.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: We're already working on our second album right now.
Speaker 4: Five songs for every three months.
Speaker 1: Man. But what I think y'all should go with it this time? I think y'all should have George Cleaning up in there with y'all, because that's what y'all doing.
Speaker 4: Boozy Boosy, Why breathing Boosy is alive?
Speaker 3: Ave, I got something brewing in the store. I just don't want to say it to everybody, but keep it.
Speaker 2: On the hush.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you are too many ear ear hustles the game. Yeah, I got some ship coming out with this with this Doctor Cokenstein punkin Adventures of Doctor coach Stein coming out next year. It's a double album, real funky, like your baby Mama Monkey. You know what I'm saying, and you're gonna dig it.
Speaker 1: I know we gotta started relating. I promise you ain't gonna hold us too much longer. I think something that y'all both doing is dope is they both got your own labels. And I think what you're doing with Buddy Boys genius. I was talking to him one day about going to go stream his music. He said, you gotta go to Buddy Boy stream my shit. Oh yeah, iTunes. I'm gonna tell you something. I'm gonna tell you something not to cut you off. Motherfucker's laughing at me. It's like, yeah, streaming, streaming fourteen years. I've been pushing this website.
Speaker 3: Now who laughing everybody, and they Mama bo, you go to my web because dummy, is nothing more important than cutting out the middle man and direct marketing. That point zero seven on the sense is fuckery. And the industry did this on purpose. They purposely put out a propaganda blitz and they made more money with the streaming company than they ever did in the fucking music industry.
Speaker 1: But let me take that back. All something all three of y'all is doing because he is putting his own shit out.
Speaker 4: To you, just talking about cocaine and eight no.
Speaker 1: No, all three of yo, all three of yo. Y'all putting out y'all own music now. And I think that's incredible, and I think that's sportant out because you really don't need no middle man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I say, I saw four hundred and thirteen CDs in eleven days.
Speaker 3: Look, let me tell you something. Let me tell you something. You you gotta sell a billion, a trillion one to get a little bubblegum check compared to like selling twenty or twenty five thousand units.
Speaker 5: It's like, are you this is the music business? Do you do you? Are you in the business? Are you in the just industry?
Speaker 3: And it's like, I don't consider us a part of the industry because that shit is over with.
Speaker 5: Man, The word celebrity is unheard of.
Speaker 3: Anybody can hop up on TikTok and do some bubblegum ass shit and go viral, you know what I mean. So us as the last of a dying breed, it's for us to control the culture because we have the autonomy. Just be patient, you know, don't don't don't, don't sell your pork bellies yet. Man, when you already got your stable. And it's like, we're blessed enough to be here. We do shows. Money's is coming through. We can license out records, all kinds of things because we have went to that stature, you know what I mean. We have paid the cost to be the boss over a thirty four year plight. I can say, me and this gentleman right here, we're able to go ahead and transcend the time. So when you get older, you're supposed to learn more you know, that's what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 5: And we were blessed enough to.
Speaker 3: Take a risk, because no man can't win if you don't take a risk on yourself, if you always want to bang on somebody door, where you're gonna capitulate the being the third or fourth fifth party on your music.
Speaker 5: And I got tired of that shit. Motherfucker's just taking take taking.
Speaker 3: They don't take into consideration it costs over ten fifteen thousand the promotion.
Speaker 5: Shit, it costs over ten to be in the studio.
Speaker 3: It's like the word candy striper and free became intertwined when it came to the internet. Now we get an opportunity and chance to direct market and really create a new fucking industry because the old industry is archaic.
Speaker 5: It's out the fucking window.
Speaker 3: They done stole from us, you know what I mean, did this And it's like you see a lot of big record labels they shaking in their boots.
Speaker 5: Who whatever thought MCA will foul Chapter eleven.
Speaker 3: There's no mc A, no more MCACA is going all them.
Speaker 5: You feel me.
Speaker 3: But then that's good because it's good for the independent artists.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And you know, I get deals offered all the time. Y'all could do the cash money thing right now. But if a person say I'm worth fifteen to twenty million, that let me know I'm worth a billion, nigga.
Speaker 4: They can't you your wife and make money.
Speaker 3: It's just a matter of time taking ship, taking no deal, my nigga, and I don't want to put nobody on blasts, but they offer me a significant amount of money, and I said, nah, cool you want so.
Speaker 1: If this Jim walking here right now said eight, we want to put out one. We want to put out a.
Speaker 5: Part to Paish Now, don't get it twisted. Don't get it twisted.
Speaker 4: One album.
Speaker 5: The only way you deal with majors like.
Speaker 3: That is if you license out some ship. If you license out some ship, you own your ship. They got so much to collect and sell the record that give you insurance. It's no reason why anybody that has a that has a structure or independent should sell the rights and ship and get into a con con where they can track you. You feel me, contracts, you get into agreements, man. That's why things that I do all over the world, whether it's music, commercials, not just in the United States.
Speaker 5: You want to license on some shit. I have a catalog so motherfucking big, but hell nah, I don't take no. Man.
Speaker 3: I got offered four million dollars. I said, hell no because they seem my catalog like and that wasn't enough. But you know everybody gonna try to penny pitch. I said nah, And that's what makes you more powerful when you say no.
Speaker 5: Thank you for the whole thing. Glasses.
Speaker 1: Where can people go get your album shit for me?
Speaker 4: The cripstore dot com.
Speaker 1: Want the cripstore dot com?
Speaker 4: Uh, cripstore dot com.
Speaker 1: So you'all hear that. I'm pretty sure ain't nobody out there gonna forget that. The cripstore dot com. It's when you crack last and stuff. Oh buck you cooker where they're going?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: Man, you gotta go to www dot Buddy boy music dot com if you want to get the autograph copy of the Sugarcane, because unfortunately you can't sign an autograph copy.
Speaker 5: On a motherfucking digital. You can go the Www.
Speaker 3: Sugarcange Official dot com. In your mouth, super simple, come to the source, you.
Speaker 5: Know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And we ain't on no AI shit or none of that. Man, we still hear living legends, messing with the young g's and all that shit. So make sure you come to my site. Don't ask where you can get it from. Come to my site. Now you might hear a single or two on a social network, but I'm using him like they're using me. Come to my motherfucking site and get the album.
Speaker 1: Bengo listens to and listens to us out that's everywhere because eight fucking with the streamer platform.
Speaker 2: I fuck with anything I can get some money. I don't.
Speaker 1: Well listen to all now, Yeah, he did the thing, the thing, let's go.
Speaker 5: It's all right man. Shout out to sugar Free and Tied too, pushing that ship.
Speaker 4: What's up with it? G l a double dollar sign the shot. That's right, glasses malone And on motherfucking September twenty second, I'm dropping my new album. Cancel these nuts. But for anybody that want to support right now, hop online, go to the cryptstore dot com. That's right, the crypt store t H E c R I P S t O r E dot com and buy a physical copy right now, autograph from me right now. You can have it ahead of time before it's on all streaming sites. So social support to the real was. You know what I'm saying. Jump on the cryptstore dot com and buy my new album, Cancel These Nuts. Buy it right now before it drops online September twenty second. Yeah, the cryptstore dot Com