Speaker 1: Welcome in his verdict with Ted Cruz the Weekend Review, Ben Ferguson with you as always, and here are the big stories that you may have missed that we talked about this week. First, up, Zelenski comes to White House and leaves empty handed.
Speaker 2: So where's he?
Speaker 1: Run to Europe and is begging now for support? So what does this mean for American taxpayers? We break it all down for you in just a moment. Also, Democrats decide to stand for nothing during the Joint session of Congress, including supporting us getting a terrorist back to this country. They didn't stand when there was a young man becoming a Secret Service agent who is fighting for his life with cancer. So is there anything that Democrats would actually stand for that most Americans would will break that down as well. And finally, almost one hundred known terrorists, those that are on the Terrorists watch List or have direct connections to terraces, were purposely let go into the United States of American twenty twenty four, and the Biden administration knew about all of them and could have stopped it. So where are they now? We'll break that down for you as well. It's the Weekend Review and it starts right now, which brings us to.
Speaker 2: Now where we are. And look, you've got.
Speaker 1: Uk in France and Ukraine that have agreed to quote work on a ceasefire plan and try to get I guess Zolensky back into a conversation with the President of the United States of America. They're having this big meeting over in Europe. A lot of different countries are there. The summit includes France, Germany, Denmark, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, Canada, Finland, Sweden, Chez Republic in Romania, the Turkish Foreign Minister, the NATO Security General, and the Presidence of the European Commission and the European Council will also attend. Now you notice I didn't say the United States of America. This is part of I think the most interesting part of President Trump's meeting was Zelenski.
Speaker 2: It's like, look, thank it's for granted.
Speaker 1: You're come in here, you lecture us, you have no plan for peace, You clearly aren't here for peace.
Speaker 2: Good luck. And now all of these.
Speaker 1: Other leaders are having to step up and say, okay, let us try to help you fix this so that we can save your country.
Speaker 2: Because he did so much harm to Ukraine.
Speaker 3: And look, I say great, if Europe wants to step up and fund the war for another year, knock yourselves out, guys, like our checkbook is done, but it is striking. It's an indication of just how disastrous Zelensky's meeting was that he immediately ran to the United Kingdom to France to meet with the King of England. All right, here's one story from NPR. UK Prime minister unveil steps towards a Ukraine peace deal urges US cooperation. Here's what NPR reports quote British Prime Minister Kiir Starmer on Sunday laid out of framework for a plan to end Russia's war in Ukraine, one where Europe will lead the charge for securing peace yay, while still relying heavily on US backing boo. The proposal is the result of emergency talks held by European leaders in London following President Trump's heated exchange with Ukrainian President of Vladimir Zelenski at the end at the White House last week. Over the weekend, leaders from over a dozen countries got together to discuss a roadmap for peace and security for Ukraine as the country faces its third year of war with Russia. The emergency summit was also aimed at working to preserve Ukraine's relationship with the US and Americans involvement in the war overseas. Starmer said that Europe must do the quote heavy lifting to secure a lasting peace agreement between Russia and Ukraine, and that the UK should lead the front. He emphasized that quote this effort must have strong US backing, which, if he means more hundreds of billions of dollars, the answer is no, thank you. But he continues quote. Through my discussions over recent days, we've agreed that the UK, France and others will work with Ukraine on a plan to stop the fighting. Starmar Center at the press conference on Sunday. Then we'll discuss that plan with the United States and take it forward together. Now it's interesting to do so. Starmar valve. The United Kingdom would ramp up at support for Ukraine that included a loan of what do you think.
Speaker 2: A lot of money?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: What do you think pick a number?
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, see, this is when you get me in trouble, because I'm going to either be way too low or way too high.
Speaker 2: Let's call it.
Speaker 3: Fifty million, so higher than that, so you're even more pessimistic. Okay, that includes a loan of two point twenty six billion British points, which is two point eight four billion dollars. So look, two point eight four billion dollars, that's real money, except for the fact that the United States has spent about one hundred and seventy five billion dollars on Ukraine. That's part of the fundamental imbalance there.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I love the breath thing about finding money, like you go back to Trump saying like, we're no long just an open blank check. There was also something else that was said that Europe quote needs to step in and release some two hundred billion euros it's two hundred and seven billion in quote seized Russian assets to help fund the war efforts. So all of a sudden, they're now saying, well, we got two hundred billion or two hundred and seven billion in US dollars two hundred billion euros of seize Russian assets. Maybe we should use that money instead of our own money to help them in Ukraine. And I'm like, wow, you turn off this picket in America A brilliant, simple plan and all of a sudden, they find two hundred billion euros sitting around, They're like, okay, maybe we can give that to them.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Look, I'm all for the Europeans stepping in and doing everything they can. If they want to do that, knock yourself out. They're welcome to spend their money, but we're not the welfare provider for the world. And to be clear, why are we borrowing when we got thirty six trillion dollars in debt? Why are we borrowing money from China to give it to other countries. That makes no sense, and it is an interesting shift.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Look, I will say one of the frustrating things about this meeting last week in the Oval is the meeting was there to sign an agreement, an agreement that had been negotiated ahead of time. And that agreement was an agreement where Ukraine would give the United States a substantial interest in its rare earth minerals and valuable resources to pay back the one hundred and seventy five billion dollars we've given them. That agreement made a lot of sense. That agreement was pre negotiated. I think the White House thought Zelensky was going to show up sign the agreement and leave. He didn't. Instead, he put on this performance. And I actually want you to listen to this exchange on CNN because it's a striking exchange. The first speaker of Scott Jennings, who, by the way, Scott Jennings is doing a phenomenal job on CNN being a voice of reason and common sense fighting against a bunch of numb nuts and and and left wing comies. He's really doing an effective job. And and he's in this case talking with with Josh Rogan. Josh Rogan is is a very smart reporter for for Washington Post Intelligence. He does foreign policy. But but look, Josh Rogan and and and Scott Jennings do not often agree. Listen to this back and forth as they're analyzing what happened with Zelensky in the Oval office.
Speaker 5: I don't know if he needs an apology. He needs Zelensky to recognize the position that he's in. We'll see you as what where their patron. We're their best hope for the killing to stop and for them to emerge from this sovereign and prosperous and we're also their best hope as a business partner. I mean all Zelensky had to do today was put on a tie, show up, smile, say thank you, sign the papers, and have lunch.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 5: And he couldn't do that. And this followed ten days of being difficult in private and now one day of being stupid and public. That this did not have to go down this way. And however you feel about why it started, why it's going on, who's right and who's wrong. We can help them in this and come out okay on the other side, and he's making it hard.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: First of all, I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I actually agree with Scott and everything that he said was basically right.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 6: I know I'm going to get killed on social media for admitting that, But.
Speaker 5: So I have a short answer on this. And so the short answer is the Trump administration believes that if Ukraine goes into business with the United States, that in and of itself is a security guarantee. If if your interests become our interests, we're going to be interested in making sure our interests are secure. So it would have been wise for him to understand the economic deal, the mineral deal is a security guarantee in and of itself, and he lost sight of that today in the arguments premedity.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think Zelenski misplayed it in the room and you can and we could disagree about JD. Vance's position on it or agree on it. But either way, Zolensky certainly had been briefed on what the right way to handle this was. And all he had to do was walk in there and say, thank you, I'm really grateful to be here. We want to be partners with the United States. We're grateful for your leadership. Where's the papers? And what are we having for lunch? That's all he had to do. And look, the posturing doesn't have to occur now if if he is serious about wanting peace and ending this war, you don't have to keep posturing as a tough guy. Everybody knows you're tough, all right. The Ukrainians are tough, they're brave, they're fighting a much larger country. Everybody knows. The question for Zelenski is can you take off the military uniform and put on the uniform of diplomacy.
Speaker 1: He failed to test it, yeh, he failed diplomacy that test today.
Speaker 2: It was not a hard meeting.
Speaker 1: This wasn't something that was gonna It was harder to screw it up than it was to get it right.
Speaker 3: Look, he needed mostly to be saying sir, yes, sir, thank you, sir. May I have another it? And Scott is right. Look, this deal on minerals had the advantage for Ukraine of having the Trump administration being an integally involved economic partner with Ukraine. That's really beneficial. And the alternative is very different, which is without the United States, Ukraine's prospects are really dim. And so if you know that your prospects for success are miserably sad unless President Trump supports you, in what universe do you come in and start attacking and insulting him?
Speaker 1: Now, if you want to hear the rest of this conversation, you can go back and listen to the full podcast from earlier this week.
Speaker 2: Now onto story number two.
Speaker 1: I want to go back to one other point that we mentioned earlier, but I think it's important to kind of expand on it. And it was a shocking moment of just either completely out of touch or this Democratic Party, I guess you could just say, is in a sense just completely lost. You had not a single Democrat applaud Peyton McNabb, who suffered brain damage after a volleyball spiked by a trans person, a man that acting like a woman, ended.
Speaker 2: Her hopes of a college career.
Speaker 1: That's how significant the injury was, and it made her retire, and also it took potentially like a scout, changed her life forever, and they couldn't even clap for her.
Speaker 2: No, not a Democrat clap for not one.
Speaker 3: And by the way, just this past week, every single Democrat in the Senate voted against protecting girls from boys competing in sports, every one of them.
Speaker 2: And you know in the campaign.
Speaker 3: Listen, in my reelection campaign, Colin all Read claims, I don't support boys playing in girls sports. Well, every Senate and except the fact that he voted for it over and over and over again. Every single Senate Democrat when they're on reelection campaigns, they tell the voters, I don't support boys and girls sports, and yet every single one of them just voted for it, and not a one of them applauded. I mean, I mean, it's the simple reality of how extreme their party is.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I will tell you one thing that that was particularly meaningful to me was was all the Texans whom President Trump honored a night, including Alexis Nungary, the mom of Joscelyn.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: Alexis was going to be my guest tonight. Every senator gets one guest, and I had invited Alexis. She was coming up as my guest, and then the President invited her, so she went and she was sitting with Melania Trump. I was really grateful for the for her being invited by the President to come there. And then right next to Malania Trump was Elliston Barry. And Elliston Berry is someone also another Texan who was the inspiration for the Take It Down Act. So, Elliston Barry is a fifteen year old girl from North Texas from Aledo, who when she was fourteen and a freshman in high school, a boy, a classmate of hers, took an innocent social media picture of her and used artificial intelligence to create a deep fake naked image of her that appeared to be real but it was fake, and then sent it to her classmates. And she was the inspiration for my legislation to Take It Down Act, which passed the Senate unanimously.
Speaker 1: And by the way, how many times have you been involved in legislation that was passed unanimously.
Speaker 2: In your career in the Senate.
Speaker 3: A lot of times I've passed one hundred and one different pieces of legislation into law. A number of them were unanimous. The Senate off and if you do the work, you can bring people together and and pass something. And actually, just yesterday, the first Lady, Milania Trump came to the Capitol, first time she has his first lady the second term uh supporting the Take It Down Act, and we did a round table, which we're gonna we're gonna talk about significantly more on Friday's pod. But we did a round table where Milania Trump heard from Elliston Berry, heard from other victims of non consensual intimate images, and and called on the House to pass the Take It Down Act. And President Trump tonight called in the House to pass the date Take It Down Act.
Speaker 2: So I was really glad.
Speaker 3: The two people directly next to to Malania Trump to her left, where two Texans Elliston Berry and Alexis Nungary and and and that made me very happy.
Speaker 1: It was that that may have been one of the best parts of the night. Let's talk about what this looks like moving forward. I think the President's speech is going to play very well with the American people. I think it's going to help with momentum move moving forward. I also do think that the American people, in the way they were watching this on TV saw the the shocking moments when they wouldn't stand for children that were, you know, murdered by illegal immigrants, their families, police officers dyeing in the lie of doody duty.
Speaker 2: It was on the list. I mean, you look at all of this.
Speaker 1: Bringing an American hostag home from Russia, by the way, they wouldn't stand for that. That was another moment we left at earlier. Were you shocked by that as well?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: And you and I covered Mark Fogel coming back. We covered that on the podcast when had happened. That was one of the multiple times I turned to the folks around me, and I'm like, what the hell is wrong with these people, Like, like, how do you not this is not partisan? This is not I get that they don't cheer for, you know, conservative ideas because they're all wacko lefties, but how do you not cheer for things that are just unambiguously good good And it's today's Democrat party, it's accommodation. They become the party of hate and rage, and they're in denial. They don't know how to respond to this election other than to fume and glare. And I got to say, if you're an elected Democrat, how do you think this is a good message to the American people? We hate everyone and everything that's the Democrats like.
Speaker 2: I don't get that. No, I don't either. So what happens now? This is my prediction.
Speaker 1: I think the presence approval rating is going to stay solid and in certain categories, support on certain issues will actually rise coming out of this state of the Union. I think this is going to continue the momentum on on things like Doge and even in some of the issues that we're talking about that are in tough ones, whether it's dealing with Mexico and cartels or tariffs, or Canada and Fetanohl. The list goes on and on. I think the same thing on Ukraine funding. I think this could catapult him to even greater near term success. That's a lot of political capital that obviously you want your your prediction.
Speaker 3: Look, I agree with you. I think the American people are going to be happy with this speech. They're going to be happy with the results. The American people are happy with successes for America, and we're getting on the border, seeing illegal immigrations and illegal boarding crossings drop over ninety percent. That's an unambiguous victory. On energy, Seeing energy production going up, seeing regulations being repealed, seeing wasteful spending being eliminated, those are unambiguous victories. In terms of jobs, he went through the investments, the investments on new investments, whether from Oracle or Apple, or car companies bringing new factories here. Those are big wins. Those are the sorts of things. Those are the sorts of things. Frankly, when Joe Biden talked about if you know, he had crats and their speeches would talk about a new factory, and you know what, the Republicans would all stand and cheer, because, hey, a new factory in America is a good thing, and we even if we don't support many, if not most, of Biden and Obama's policies, we cheer for the American people. I think that the President's message was really strong, but I also think the contrast with the Democrats made it even stronger, and so I think this was a good night for America, but not a good night for today's Democrat Party.
Speaker 1: As before, if you want to hear the rest of this conversation on this topic, you can go back and dow the podcasts from earlier this week to hear the entire thing. I want to get back to the big story number three of the week. You may have missed almost one hundred terrace linked migrants released in twenty twenty four. The part that I think we really should hone in on is this wasn't an accident. It wasn't like a misappropriate of paperwork. This was done on purpose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they knew, they had full knowledge. And look, don't take my word for it. Listen to Tulsea Gabbart and what she said this week down in Texas to Eagle Pass.
Speaker 2: Give a listen.
Speaker 6: Jumpe has been in office. Really what you're seeing here today.
Speaker 4: And what you'll continue to see as a unified effort across President Trump's National security team, the Department of Homeland Security towards our mission, which is to ensure a safe, free, and prosperous society for Americans. As Director of National Intelligence, there are a.
Speaker 6: Number of areas where we are focused.
Speaker 4: The President talked about in his speech over twenty one million people have come across our borders illegally under Joe Biden's administration. There are many of them that we don't know who they are. They have not been vetted, we don't know where they are. I'll give you one quick example of one of the problems that we are getting after from Central Asia. There were over four thousand people who came across our borders using an ISIS affiliated network work. Our National counter Terrorism Center went through and identified those individuals. There were hundreds of them who were either known terrorists or associated with known terrorists. That information was provided to the Biden administration.
Speaker 6: You may remember in some of the news.
Speaker 4: A little over one hundred of those people were arrested in twenty twenty four. Of those who were arrested, only eight were either deported or remained in custody.
Speaker 6: Only eight.
Speaker 4: The rest of them were released back into our country. Where are they, what are they doing? What may they be plotting? This is just the beginning.
Speaker 6: There are many many areas that we need to.
Speaker 4: Stay very focused on, working with Department of Homeland Security, working with the FBI to ensure that we're keeping the American people safe. Our counter Terrorism Center is working on making sure that we have that single source for vetting so that we can figure out who is actually in our country and identify those who pose a threat and get them removed. The President's designation of the the cartels as foreign terrorists organizations falls directly into this, especially as we're seeing some of the tactics that these cartels are using reflect some of the tactics that we've seen used by Islamus terrafs in countries that many of us have served in overseas.
Speaker 6: Our mission is very clear.
Speaker 4: Our objective is to keep the American people safe. I'm grateful to be a part of this team that President Trump has assembled to accomplish that mission.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I love the focus.
Speaker 1: The Vice President was down there as well the team, and you know, you compare that to the borders are who never decided to go to Eagle Pass, didn't want anything to do with it. And now we understand again more why because they knew they were doing all of the things that they were doing to put America's national security at risk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's worth really focusing on the facts that Telsea Gabbert is now the Director of National Intelligence. What she said, she said from Central Asia, there were more than four thousand people who came across our borders using an ISIS affiliated network. So isis, you know, kind of bad guys, terrorists who've killed lots and lots of Americans. They're smuggling over four thousand people illegally into this country from Central Asia. By the way, Central Asia includes multiple Islamic countries like Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan, where radical Islamic terrorism is a real threat. And Tulsi said, the National counter Terrorism Center went through and identified those over four thousand individuals, and there were hundreds of them, hundreds of the word she used, who were either known terrorists or associated with known terrorists. And then she says, quote that information was provided to the Biden administration, So the Biden administration knew hundreds of either known terrorists or people associated with known terrorists were smuggled into America illegally by an ISIS affiliated network. And then she goes on to say, in twenty twenty four, a little over one hundred of those terror leaked people were arrested. And then the shocking thing of the little more than one hundred, only eight were either deported or remained in custody only eight quote the rest of them were released back into our country. So this is not illegal aliens crossing the border that get apprehended. They let them go, but they don't know their terrorists. These are people they know are either themselves known terrorist or associated with known terrorists. They also know that they were smuggled illegally into this country by an ISIS affiliated network and they were arrested again. And yet over ninety of them, nearly one hundred the Biden administration released into America into your community, into my community in a single year. This is in twenty twenty four. That is stunning. And I got to tell you, bet, I've never heard a single Democrat give any justification for what is just idiocy. Let's release terror linked illegal immigrants into America.
Speaker 2: What possibly could go wrong with that?
Speaker 1: When you look at the and you sometimes it's just people are stupid, is it? But it also could be more I could be more sinister than that.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: I look at this, I'm like they knew it, did They just not want to admit that the open border would allow for so many bad actors to come across, with many that may just be coming across right for a better life, a job if you put it in the best like possible center. And so they knew that if they admitted they caught these people and then they didn't release them and they actually prosecute them or sent them back to their country, there's a lot of options here that was going to sign a huge light on the problem. So therefore, hey, we can't admit it's happening. So we're just gonna go with this anarchy and in Sandy till the end.
Speaker 3: Look, bet, I really don't know. You know, I had My very first boss had a phrase he used to say. He said, never attribute to incompetence and never attribute to malice. What can be explained with incompetence. And look, I think there's a lot of wisdom to that that. A lot of times people are just they just do dumb things. That being said, listen, I do I believe the Biden administration wants terrorists to attack America? No, But then why the hell would you release these people? And I guess the only plausible explanation I can come up with is there such radicals on open borders. They're so committed to their open borders because they want millions and millions of illegal immigrants because they can. They view them as future Democrat voters. That they're just deportation was off the table. They're not in that business. They don't do it. I don't know. Listen, this is related to a story we covered in a pod a couple of weeks ago. We're in Massachusetts right now. They're taking violent child abusers, child molesters, people who are raping children, who are illegal aliens, and even with violent child rapists, the Massachusetts authorities are releasing them rather than give them over to Ice to be deported. Now, look, reasonable people, you could have an argument about what should be the level of illegal immigration. You could. There are all sorts of things you'd have reasonable disagreements on. But I mean, Ben explained to me why someone says, you know what we need more of, We need more child rapists in our community. Let's let these go. Like I my brain cannot wrap itself around those repeated actions. And yet that's what's happening. This is the same sort of thing. You apprehend someone who's a known terrorist who was smuggled into America bi ISIS, and you say, oh, let's let them go, Like I don't know, you.
Speaker 1: Know, The poll numbers that came out from the president speech the other night were truly incredible. Seventy six percent approved of Trump's address to Congress. That is a massive win for the president. You look at some of the other ones and poll numbers. Not only that, ninety one percent said Trump spent time on issues they cared about. Yeah, that is a home run seventy one percent. So the speech was quote inspiring, and sixty two percent said it was unifying. And they said that this speech sixty eight percent, so they felt hopeful fifty four percent, so they felt proud of the country from the speech.
Speaker 2: And when you look at these numbers, even on.
Speaker 1: The issue of inflation, where Democrats leaned in heavy over the last few weeks to try to say everything that's you know, eggs and everything else are the problem of Donald Trump, the American people aren't buying that either. When they were asked for the president a clear plan to battle inflation, sixty eight percent said yes to that as well. And then on the issue of immigration the border, the people watched in seventy seven percent said they were in favor of Donald Trump's plan on immigration at the border. When you see this right and you look at what the President's saying, and then all those that are working towards this. You've got the Vice President, You've got told you, you've got the Secretary of State. Everyone seems to be in lockstep on this issue of the border. Is that the reason why you think the President's winning so much right now on securing this border, because he's explaining it the way we are right.
Speaker 3: Now as well because he is not absolutely frigging nuts. Yes, I think the Democrat Party has gone insane. Releasing murderers and rapists and child molesters into America is a really bad idea. It turns out it's a really unpopular idea. Releasing terrorists into America is a really bad idea. It turns out it's a really unpopular idea. Look, you and I the we cover did pod the Night of the State of the Union, and we talked a lot about how the Democrats for the first time ever, didn't applaud for the President of the United States, didn't stand for the President of the United States, didn't applaud and anything. I'll tell you actually yesterday and the Senate, Jim I had a conversation with a Senate Democrat. I'll keep him anonymous. But he was a Senate Democrat, one of my colleagues, and he.
Speaker 2: Made a comment.
Speaker 3: He said something about he thought we were just living in a surreal world. And I said, look, I got to say, I was shocked that you guys didn't applaud or stand for the president at all. And he was like, well, you got to understand, we just think he's destroying the constitution. And I said, look, I stood and applauded every year for Barack Obama, I stood and applauded every year for Joe Biden. And I disagreed with almost everything they were doing, but I respect the office and I respect the America people. And he just kind of shrugged and said, we're living in different universes and we're and we're our bases are fundamentally different. You look at Secretary of State Marco Rubio.
Speaker 1: He also announced the policy to penalize foreign countries that allow the transit of illegal immigrants and is pressuring many countries that refuse to accept to the return of their migrants as well. This could also have a big impact on this country. I want to get your thoughts on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, this administration is securing the border they're doing it right now, and they are going to deport illegal aliens. They are going to send out of the country, especially the violet criminal illegal aliens, the murderers, the rapists, the child molesters, the gang bangers, and the countries that don't take it, they're they're going to make them take it. And that's what a strong president who's actually defending this country does.
Speaker 1: As always, thank you for listening to Verdict with Sentner, Ted Cruz, Ben Ferguson with you don't forget to deal with my podcast and you can listen to my podcasts every other day you're not listening to Verdict or each day when you.
Speaker 2: Listen to Verdict.
Speaker 1: Afterwards, I'd love to have you as a listener to again the Ben Ferguson podcasts and we will see you back here on Monday morning.