Speaker 1: Hi, everyone. My full interview with Gucci wes Min is out tomorrow, but I wanted to share a teaser with you, and I'm asking Gucci your burning makeup questions, and of course she has answers for all of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, so six questions six really get ready?
Speaker 3: We have?
Speaker 1: This is from our listeners that knew you were coming on and they're very excited.
Speaker 2: So all right, what is the best product?
Speaker 1: And like easy technique for covering under I circles because that is something I think we all struggle with, some worse than others.
Speaker 2: But I think people get very confused because you're supposed to go a little lighter or you're just to match to your foundation or no.
Speaker 3: So it's it really depends on the color you have under your eyes. I naturally have more of a puffiness under my eyes. I don't. I have a little darkness here, But it really depends on if it's.
Speaker 4: Dark or if it's right. And so what you want to.
Speaker 3: Do kind of is you want to I mean, this is the best product. It's actually our skincare concealer.
Speaker 1: Got I don't have it, okay, dry like watching you like, oh my god, wait, I don't have it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so good.
Speaker 3: It dries as soon as it touches your skin, so it appears immediately really really good kushny texture and it stays like it stays. It's not like watery and liquid. It's a really really great texture. And also that we do have clinicals that have shown like people in four weeks like get reduced.
Speaker 4: This is not rapid for me, by the way, what am I doing rapid fire?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's really important because this is like a little lesson.
Speaker 3: Okay, so dark circles, but I would say, so you want to I'm going like, let.
Speaker 4: Me just I'm gonna go to artist. It's a little to show it. So it's a little bit lighter than my cremation.
Speaker 2: Okay, you don't want to go too.
Speaker 4: Light because you don't want to end up looking you don't.
Speaker 2: Want raccoonized like what you got when sunglasses.
Speaker 3: Right, And sometimes you need to play around and you need to.
Speaker 4: Blend up your blush a little bit or.
Speaker 3: Your contour or your you know, bronze are a little bit finger blend or brush.
Speaker 2: I like finger right because you can just it's less product wasted.
Speaker 3: And yeah and it yeah, just is more right, it's like you can control of your finger.
Speaker 4: It's it's just better.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh my god, I'm so obsessed. I can even see the difference in your two eyes. Okay, yep, okay, okay. What is your inspiration when you're doing a client, Like, let's just say, let's just take like a Nicole Kidman, she's going to a big premiere in Venice?
Speaker 2: Does she tell you? Do you talk of at it? Do you talk to the stylist like what is or.
Speaker 1: Or it could be a non celebrity time, but what is your like when you look at someone?
Speaker 2: What's your like? What's the psychology?
Speaker 3: So I think it's really varies. Some people like you to bring the ideas okay styling, some have specific ideas those who pictures. But I think when you establish a little bit of a relationship and a rapport with just now somebody, you just.
Speaker 4: Kind of have a flow.
Speaker 3: And usually I sort of say I was thinking this. When you look at the outfit, thinking for the hair, there's a conversation that happens with the stylist and the you know, you definitely want to see, like if it's a big moment, you want to see the dress.
Speaker 4: You want to see what's going on.
Speaker 1: But look, I have a question, do you I'm curious, do you still get nervous?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because if you ple used to ask me that, like sort of you know, in the in the in the final years of my career, people would be like, do you still get nervous, like when you walk into so and so's house and you still get nervous?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I was like, fuck, yes, I do, Yes, I do know one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: I get nervous, and I you know, and I think if you didn't get nervous, it would be a little bit I would feel to stop.
Speaker 2: Time to stop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, I absolutely, I think that it's part of it.
Speaker 4: It's part of the process. But to look here.
Speaker 2: If it's a difference, if it's too light.
Speaker 3: Though, bringing up for example, this is put a peh, I can up a little.
Speaker 1: Just on the cheekbone on the upper like that up like I just balance it so it cuts the wood.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: You know yep, that's gorgeous. Yeah, that actually made a huge difference.
Speaker 3: Okay, you just bring up You just want to always think about connecting the factors.
Speaker 4: So if you're doing you want to connect the blush to the contour.
Speaker 3: You want to somehow connect the highlight into it all. You want to integrate everything, so then it does feel more like God, it's so good as opposed to cosmetic transformation.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is interesting question.
Speaker 1: What's one easy makeup tip for someone in their twenties, Like a woman in their twenties versus one in their fifties.
Speaker 3: So one in their fifties, try to find the proper skincare that your your face responds with.
Speaker 4: Two Okay, spend more time on your spare.
Speaker 2: Hydrate hydrate, yeah.
Speaker 4: And then also I.
Speaker 3: Think in your fifties, some creamy, creamy air products are nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure I would agree with that.
Speaker 1: What about in your twenties on that young skin that might have acne or all the things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on the young skin, try to assess what it is that your skin is reacting to.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So oftentimes it's an easy fix, right, you know, but it's terrifying.
Speaker 1: And I think I think people tend to overdry in your twenties, right, they're like plan.
Speaker 3: The amount of people that I talk to that say they use oil free tins and oil free moisturizer and they strip all of their pH levels. Frikin is overproducing oil, so therefore the glands are overproducing in them.
Speaker 2: That that is the team for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's that's often when your skin is triggered by just not being able to catch up with the pH Okay two more easy way to contour, because that is a That is the biggest trend from where I sit.
Speaker 2: In makeup.
Speaker 3: Just find your cheekbone anyway. Definition Okay, I'm using biscuit right now.
Speaker 4: I'm just going right under.
Speaker 1: My cheek is making the fish face a thing anymore, not really a little bit, not really, I mean a little bit.
Speaker 2: I guess that's how I grew up, Like yeah, right, okay.
Speaker 4: But it's so blendable.
Speaker 3: I think part of it is like finding a texture that you don't find to be intimidating and the color. You know, if you make a mistake, it's not the end of the world, right, And then anywhere you just want definition and knowing that the older we get, you know, everything gets flatter, but like.
Speaker 4: I feel like more definition.
Speaker 3: Everything, eye shape changes, everything changes, So just give.
Speaker 1: Yourself a little That was one of my biggest learnings the side of the nose that was that was a good thing I love.
Speaker 3: I swear I started contouring my nose on an a car ride working in Russia years ago. I'll never forget because I was like, oh, that looks good.
Speaker 1: That's a true makeup artist. By the way, I started contouring my nose in a car in Russia.
Speaker 3: I know why, why, I don't know, and I just was like so into it.
Speaker 4: And I have never not contoured my nose since. Okay, I like have to do that before I go anywhere. That's like as the same for me as my eyebrows or art.
Speaker 1: I would like a dedicated unpaid social media host from guccis men, dedicated to Rachel's out Here is all the ways to quickly contour your face.
Speaker 2: With blah blah blah, like because I've seen it here.
Speaker 4: I've seen it here.
Speaker 2: I've seen it here here here, But how do you know?
Speaker 1: I just think, I just think you showing your little secret contouring tricks would be amazing to do in any ride, whether you're in Russia or like Alabama.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that I definitely will take you up on. That's a great idea.
Speaker 1: And then I'm going to shoot it using my Westman itiliate and for the civilian you know.
Speaker 3: How to do it because that because you know what, I find a lot of people contour in a way that you know, you see them on TikTok doing it, and then it's like not suitable right for more mature faces, because.
Speaker 4: It's more it's just different.
Speaker 1: You're right, And that's what I'm saying, the more mature version. And we're watching twenty two year old's doing these.
Speaker 3: Like wire what and it's so and there's the thing that is intense is like.
Speaker 4: The layering so much.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 4: But I do.
Speaker 3: I love makeup and I love when people celebrate using makeup and getting their rocks.
Speaker 2: Off and love makeup yeah, and love makeup, yeah, I do.
Speaker 4: I do like.
Speaker 3: When it feels like it's an individual, you know, it's like you are Rachel, when I know what you were in face.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know, I know what you would feel like, Oh it looks so pretty, you know, and as opposed.
Speaker 3: To to kind of like one fits off a kind of a I don't know, I know what you mean.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean. There's like an esthetic. I'm never going to.
Speaker 1: Say to you, make me the most natural version of myself. Let's be real, I'm going to say, let's make me the more.
Speaker 4: Best version of myself. Sure, great, I love that. Yeah, but it's.
Speaker 3: It's knowing reading the room and knowing.
Speaker 4: What your audience is into and you are. But for me, you do look natural because that is you.
Speaker 3: You've always had big eyes and you know, beautiful like fun.
Speaker 4: But it's true.
Speaker 3: It's it's like I think that it's just the way a person is and they're confident in that way and what they like and what makes them sparkle, you know.
Speaker 1: All right, goods if you have to choose only one, but this is specific, but I actually feel like you have a different answer. The question was if you can only choose one mascara or lipstick, what would it be? But I could say, if you could choose one makeup product to never walk out your door without, what would it be? I know it's so hard. People ask me what would I save in a fire from my archive?
Speaker 4: Your jewelry?
Speaker 3: I would say that, I think, sure, yes, yes, yes, what about your children? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, you have to take anything blood related out. It has to be a material.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, I would say the jewelry, the cartoon.
Speaker 1: But what makeup product? If I had to choose you to mescara and lipstick. It's very hard because I feel naked without both. However, I would have to say lipstick, because without a lip I actually feel like I have.
Speaker 2: No clothes on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the older you get, the left clothes you have the less.
Speaker 2: Yes, that nude lip is out the window for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I don't know, Like what would be my desert Island?
Speaker 1: I got desert island. Any makeup product? And what about concealer? I think because you can spot conceal, I would say that, Like if I could choose one anything, I would have to say that because at least you.
Speaker 4: Know, but then you have no color in your face.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's why a lipstick, because you could put on your lip and then your cheese cheek.
Speaker 3: No, I would have to say probably the complexion drops, right, or the foundation stick or the concealer or something like that.
Speaker 1: I say my Attilia seven, Yeah, your attilie, my Attilia seven, it's in my pocket. It's always yeah, or the drops. But I just do stick because I'm always like on the move, so stick for me is so clean and easy.
Speaker 3: You're gonna like the concealer too,