Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty Armstrong and Getty and he Armstrong and Yetty. We were talking about Tiger Woods and how news came out that he had a couple of hydro codones in his pocket when he rolled his vehicle the other day. And I was saying, is that the thing Rush Limbaugh was on? Doctor friend of mine texted me oxy codone is what Rush was on. Oxy. I didn't know this oxy is ten times stronger than hydro codone.
Speaker 3: Now that you mentioned that, Yeah, Hydra's low the one I had after.
Speaker 2: So I didn't know that they weren't even close to the same strength. I've had hydro codon. I think when I had cancer I had to take one once, But I don't think I've ever taken oxy. That's interesting. Remember when I love the way we go, we swing so far one direction on the other Remember when we had six figures worth of people dying from these things because pharmacies around the country were just giving them to anybody randomly, and it was just it was just out of control. Well, now we went so far the other direction. My son is on one drug that could be addictive, and you just cannot You can get thirty days at a time, and you have to wait until the full thirty days are up until you can get the next prescription. Can't overlap by a day, and then sometimes they're busy and you can't get it. And I'm Michael, what are you supposed to do? You can't skip a day. But they just got to strict rules because you could get addicted, and just so unreasonably far the other direction, why can't we manage things in any sensible way?
Speaker 3: Government does two things, nothing and overreact.
Speaker 2: Correct. I remember you saying that many eight years ago, and that is one hundred percent true. So I've been complaining a lot about the media coverage of the war. I think it's by far the biggest story in the world. And like Sunday, I faced the nation. They didn't get to it for eighteen minutes. To start face the nation, they talked about TSA lines, and they talked about shut down, and they talked about some other thing I didn't care about before they got to the war. Like seriously, John Stewart on The Daily Show thinks it's ridiculous that the media isn't getting to the war more often and treating it with more seriousness. Also, his conclusion about the war is different than mine, but the coverage he's got the same point of view. What else is being blocked? It's getting harder to get food that comes with pistachios.
Speaker 4: You can't make to buy chocolate bars.
Speaker 5: Oh no, what will our influencers stand in line to pretend to.
Speaker 2: Eat to buy chocolate?
Speaker 5: By god, that's been an American staple for tens of days.
Speaker 2: I can't believe how the news has to.
Speaker 5: Frame world events to try and make Americans care. The whole region is being flattened. Innocent people are dying, They're food and fuel are in total chaos, and our news is like, if this goes on any longer, say goodbye to your stuffed crust pizza.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. I don't agree with his thought on the war, but they do. They have to come up with these gases expensive, So that's why you should get there's a freaking war going on that could go any direction at anymoy anyway. John Stewart goes on.
Speaker 6: It turns out there is another key material being affected by the war in Iran, fertilizer.
Speaker 2: There could be helium shortages. Yes, the gas that is used in party balloons.
Speaker 7: What the fuck?
Speaker 5: Halium is a fundamental gas used in the production of advanced chip technology. You don't have to dumb it down to make us. Oh, this war could be even bad for your promposals.
Speaker 2: Like, come on, I agree. Wow, that is shocking.
Speaker 3: That is I mean, I thought I was cynical enough.
Speaker 2: The same guess that's used to fillip party bella.
Speaker 3: Is Yeah, we know, ay, ay, we know, b that's not the problem at all. Helium's incredibly important to high tech production of chips at center as he mentioned.
Speaker 2: Well, all those things he mentioned though, including to me the price of gas. If chocolate bars go away and gas gets way more expensive than we'd like. The war's either a good idea, it's not. Let's discuss it on the merits of being at war with another major country or not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how about the whole major malevolent power exporting jihad around the world, killing more of our soldiers than any other country. And I mean, we'll get to the chocolate and the party balloons if you want to, But can we take a look.
Speaker 2: At that picture first?
Speaker 3: That is astonishingly I'd say it's condescending, but maybe they just know where their viewers.
Speaker 2: Are trying desperately. I'm guessing that, and I'm surprised to see Yes face the nation. That's barry wise. I'm sure she cares about the war. Maybe they've got data that says, hey, people just don't care.
Speaker 3: Well. Either that or she just hasn't gotten to face the nation because nobody watches it.
Speaker 2: The we get several texts of oh my god, you guys are talking about Iran again. Ignore them because I think it's a really, really important story. But some of you feel that way.
Speaker 3: Fine, good, great, some of them are dressing up as furry animals and having sex.
Speaker 2: And maybe they need conversion therapy. Was my transition to I know, I just I'm beyond helping Michael.
Speaker 3: I may't need the paddles, go out to the lobby.
Speaker 2: Might need thee get the paddles again already on Tuesday. Usually we don't have to bring out to the paddles till like Thursday or Friday. My will to live has gone solo. I need Claire.
Speaker 3: All right, here's the Oh my god, this is not going to help me at all. The Supreme Court made an absolutely fantastic ruling eight to one. I'll explain why I'm struggling with this in a moment, saying that a Christian counselor in Colorado who challenged a ban on mental health counseling for either transgender confused kids or in some cases gay kids or whatever, that you can't restrict that for First Amendment reasons. It's the lost censor speech. Based on viewpoint Justice gors trote in the majority opinion, Colorado may regard its policies essential public health and safety. Certainly cinsorious governments throughout history have believed the same, But the First Amendment stands as a shield against any effort to enforce orthodoxy and thought or speech in this country. Hagen wrote a concurring opinion. She went at it a little bit differently from a legal point of view.
Speaker 2: It was eight to one.
Speaker 3: Katanji Brown Marxist, was against, as she wrote, the only descent her descent was longer than the court's opinion and Kagan's concurrence combined.
Speaker 2: Wow, even the other liberal justices have to be rolling their eyes at her behind the scenes, don't they, right?
Speaker 3: And I scanned her reasoning and essentially and Oh my god, you want to talk about a slippery slope. This is this is you know, I don't know, one of those old playground slides covered with k y jelly. I mean it is a slippery slope.
Speaker 2: She said.
Speaker 3: Well, because the state has an interest in regulating medical professionals, then they can regulate speech medical professionals. And like, oh, for God's sake, the state regulates freaking everything at this point, so barbers can be barred from, you know, speaking out against democrats by your insane postmodernist reasoning. Anyway, here's the reason I was not completely enthusiastic about bringing you this story. Oh my god, I expected it out of the New York Times. Upset closed for some reason.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 3: The Supreme Court onto oh oh oh, sorry, you need to know this. This case is about the gender bending madness, especially for kids. These kids who are autistic, or they are victims of sexual abuse, or they are merely misfits. They want to be somebody else. They're not comfortable in their own skin. They have the sort of ankst that adolescents always always have, some more than others.
Speaker 2: God bless them.
Speaker 3: And as the dad of an autistic kid, I can tell you that angst is suffocating. At times, these counselors say, hey, before we start feeding you hormones or talk about surgeries or transitioning, let's talk about what's going on in your life. Let's talk about what going on in your heart and mind for a while before we go down that road.
Speaker 2: Would that be Okay?
Speaker 3: That's what this counseling is, and it's being called conversion counseling by the transgender activists because they want people to think of that like fundamentalist religious thing where you would tell a gay boy you can't be gay because that's against God. Here's a woman get with a woman, you can't be gay, when those are two very different things, although they're both protected by the First Amendment. In my mind or in my opinion. Okay, so that's what the counseling is. Let's talk about what some of the other problems might be in your life, and we'll get to the transgender thing. Here's how it's characterized in the New York Times. The Supreme Court on Tuesday sided with a Christian therapist, rejecting a Colorado law that prohibited mental health professionals from trying to change the sexual orientation or gender identity of LGBTH minors. They characterize that caring patient actually looking at the underlying problems is quote unquot vote trying to change the sexual orientation of minors.
Speaker 2: And then I look at the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 3: The Supreme Court on Tuesday sided with a Christian counselor who challenged the band blah blah blah on mental health counseling that seeks to change young people's sexual orientation or gender identity. The New York Times, written by Anne E. Merrimo, who has a died in the world progressive in the Wall Street Journal, handed this assignment over to James Rossimer, who apparently is of the same ilk or. Because big time journalists exist in a journalistic bubble too, you wouldn't think they would.
Speaker 2: That's what they think this is. They just don't know.
Speaker 3: Colorado law targets what is colloquially known as conversion therapy. No, it's called conversion therapy by transgender activists.
Speaker 2: Change you, jackass. Do you call it conversion therapy? When the teachers counselors at school are trying to convince your little girl she's.
Speaker 3: A boy and then tell her, let's not tell your parents. They don't need to know about this. That's not conversion therapy. Excellent point. Oh my god, only could justice Katanji Brown Jackson dissented in this eight to on er. I mean, for God's sakes, you'd think the journalists in the Wall Street Journal in the New York Times would say, holy crap.
Speaker 2: Eight to one. Maybe I ought to look into this, right, Why was it nearly unanimous? But no, I could see you right in that headline. If it was a five four you didn't agree with maybe, but it's eight one. You gotta think, well, okay, I must be missing something here if you have the point of view of your headline.
Speaker 3: KJP warned of the broader implications for medical care. She said could be catastrophic if states cannot regulate some kinds of speech by licensed professionals.
Speaker 2: And I quote this decision might.
Speaker 3: Make speech only therapies and other medical treatments involving practitioner speech effective unregulatable, she wrote, criticizing her eight colleagues for having made quote this momentous decision without adequately grappling with the potential long term and disastrous implications. Hey, I almost said something disparaging.
Speaker 2: Why would I do that? I'm a grown man.
Speaker 3: Hey, Justice Jackson, you don't get to regulate speech based on what you perceive to be long term implications. You fundamentally misunderstand the First Amendment. It exists to protect speech you.
Speaker 2: Think will lead to people thinking the wrong thing. That's why it exists.
Speaker 3: Well one won the right direction, Yeah it did. God, you cannot hate the media enough.
Speaker 2: End of rant. There is a mass exodus out of La County, California, and generally but specific La County among things we can talk about if you can stick around. Oh, ratings out. Trump's got the lowest approval rating he's had of this term. Is it because of the war? I think it's the economy.
Speaker 3: Well it's both, and the war is feeding into the economy, Sure of course it is. And more later stay here.
Speaker 4: The FBI says that that terror attack on the Detroit Synagogue was inspired by Hesbelah, that their propaganda is believed to be what fueled I'm in Mohammad Ghazzali to search for quote, the largest gathering of Israelis in Michigan to purchase fireworks, approximately three hundred bullets, and an ar fifteen sending a video to his sister just ten minutes before the attack, saying he would quote kill as many of them as I possibly can.
Speaker 2: It's just luck that we still aren't as a country talking about this every single day, because that guy went in there and killed fifty little Jewish kids, that that was his intent.
Speaker 3: There is a candidate for the Senate in Michigan who was I've got somewhere, Yeah, he said on a conference call with his media people.
Speaker 2: Look, I can't condemn that shooting.
Speaker 3: It'd be dangerous for me because he's got to get he's a Muslim and he wants the Muslim vote.
Speaker 2: So we'll just if.
Speaker 3: If anybody brings it up, I'm going to say Trump is just trying.
Speaker 2: To distract from the Epstein files.
Speaker 3: So here's a Muslim candidate who couldn't bring himself to condemn the near mass murder of little children.
Speaker 2: What does that tell you? And by the way, as is pointed out often, that's what globalized the Intafada is and we have college kids chanting that around the country and we just let that go. I mean, you have to let it go. It's free speech, but don't critique it. Really, that's globalizing the into fada, right right. You know what I'm sorry, I can two stories this. Abdul l Sied said he couldn't comment on.
Speaker 3: The death of the Ayatol law because a lot of people are sad, so I'll just change it to pedophile. President decides he doesn't like the front page news and there was a different story about a similar fellow, saying, I can't condemn that. I gotta be careful. I'll bring you the facts on that eventually. So saw the story break yesterday, didn't read about it.
Speaker 2: And it normally only matters if you drive around La much or you're gonna be there on vacation. They're going to build this twenty four billion dollars high speed tunnel underneath the four H five Freeway that could change commutes drastically around La from the way they've been for many, many decades. Project will probably cost twice as much, three times five times as much as supposed to and take forever to finish, but it gets done, it could really change LA traffic. Funny that that's happening at the same time that the population is shrinking shrinking in La County, though tens of thousands of residents are fleeing La County. The region recorded the largest population drop of any in the nation over the last year of US Census data. About fifty four thousand residents left the county during that one year period, continuation of a steady slide for the biggest most populated county in America. Once home to more than ten million people in twenty twenty, it's now nine point seven million. Yellow's three hundred thousand people. Your commute's gonna get better. Yeah, maybe I want to hold off on that tunnel and see if with you just don't need it anymore. So is it going to be like an express tunnel just no entrances and exits. It's just if you're going downtown, that sort of thing. I didn't read up on it, but it's interesting that it'll probably never exist. Like the bullet rain, you'd think there'd be more attention paid to why is our population shrinking for the first time ever? For the state of California and for La County in particular Los Angeles, A thousand cops. That's it. That's it.
Speaker 3: I found the facts about that Michigan Democrat thing. I will back up what I said. It sounded outrageous, didn't it. It was true. Much more to come, including a fair amount of humor, so stay tuned. If you can't stay tuned, subscribe to the.
Speaker 7: Podcast Armstrong and Getty from.
Speaker 3: The good folks at the Babylon b When California Liberals getting invited to a Texas backyard BBQ, Thanks.
Speaker 2: So much for inviting us.
Speaker 8: We've never been to a real backyard barbecue before.
Speaker 2: You need to meet the host. Oh yeah, nice folks. This is Clay. Hey, how you doing it? I'm timpany? She her Steve he him. So I heard you guys moved back to California. Actually, is that true?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: We did. When we got there, squatters were in our homes and by state law, we can't evict them for months, so we moved back.
Speaker 8: We had no real right to the house anyways, it being on the traditional and unseated homelands of the Tongva, Shumash and kitsch people's.
Speaker 2: Huh, Well, we are about to eat, so we're going to say a few works. Use acknowledgement, grace, I don't get it, pray oh like the emoji?
Speaker 7: All right, everybody, why don't you guys come on over.
Speaker 2: Let's take care, take our hats off its bow, our heads.
Speaker 7: Now, poor god, heavenly father or mother. We just pray bless this meat we are about to eat in the name of.
Speaker 2: Jesus, who was a person of color. Everybody said, we're going to say a few words before we eat. Oh a land use acknowledgement. Oh my god, where did I read one of those? Just yesterday? Where was I? Anyway?
Speaker 3: And I was trained as lost its mind with that stuff. I was screaming at this plaque. Yeah, who had it before them?
Speaker 2: I guarantee you somebody had it before this tribe you just mentioned Garanteed and.
Speaker 3: This tribe on the plaque probably took it by force, or if they didn't, it's it's really immaterial anyway. So what do you mean Canada has lost their mind on that? Oh, the whole land acknowledgment thing, the whole wokeism thing. It is still twenty twenty two in Canada, and maybe worse.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll talk about that another time.
Speaker 3: But although we do have some very amusing audio from Canada's New Democratic Party, which is some ascendant lefty party at their meeting. Hilarious more later.
Speaker 2: So I know this makes me a pain in the ass, and I'll keep this short, but just because it's I'm looking up at CNN right now, gas hits four dollars per gallon for the first time since twenty twenty two. That is just flat out not true in reality because of inflation. We've had so much inflation that four dollars today is three fifty eight and twenty twenty two dollars just twenty twenty two, not nineteen seventy. Yeah, yeah, nineteen ninety two or any distance. No, just a couple of years ago. So for it to hit four dollars for the first time in twenty twenty two dollars, which you're claiming it is, I mean, that's what you're stating. It's got to get to four forty seven, which I think it probably will in a couple of weeks. But you know, it's it's just inaccurate, and it drives me crazy since you're making a big deal out of Plus, everybody should be aware of how much inflation we've had in the last half dozen years.
Speaker 3: You're jokingly referring to yourself as Captain Pedantic earlier, but no, I think it's an excellent point. So not only is the news item just misleading, it's fundamentally misleading. It also papers over for reasons I can't imagine the insidious effects of inflation and how government fiscal policy monetary policy causes inflation, which is like a massive tax on your savings and your pay.
Speaker 2: You'd think people would want to know that he used, he used to need an inflation calculator app or whatever. But now all your all your chats can do it. All your chat app thing, ease your your what are they called ais, All your ais can do it. So just do it. And this is depressing. It is depressing, and I don't know when you're in the mood to be depressed. Yeah, but it's it's disillusioning in a positive way. It's informative. But like if you have in your mind what a million dollars is based on, like I don't know, nineteen ninety five, check and see what it is. Now, just help help you realize what you've actually got in your you know, the value of your home or your four to one k or whatever.
Speaker 3: Let's use the numbers just to keep it simple, like the ones you're bandying about. So four dollars gasoline is actually.
Speaker 2: What did you say? It is? Three fifty eight?
Speaker 3: Okay, So my four hundred thousand dollars in investments is now worth three hundred and fifty eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: In four years.
Speaker 3: It's worth declined that much because you know, I know, and both parties are absolutely complicit, but mostly because of the Biden gigantic trillions of dollars of infusiona currency during COVID.
Speaker 2: They stole that money.
Speaker 3: From you, and for whatever reason, journalists are too dumb or incurious or ignorant or something to point that out to you. It's just frustrating. I don't want to bring everybody down. Oh my god, the next thing I was about to do is even more depressing career. It'll change tack. Here, got a couple of sports notes.
Speaker 2: I want to get to maybe next segment, how the whole robot umpire thing is going. Also, Lebron with another first. He seems to have one like weekly in this his last couple of months of his career.
Speaker 3: Hey, here's a little on air meeting of us and everybody listening. This is the sort of thing in the modern world nobody wants, and yet probably because the lawyers, nobody can do anything about. Here's this Orlando, Florida hospital, got some woman in room three seventy three. She was in the hospital for a medical treatment. Well, that's a good reason to be admitted to a hospital as reasons go. But anyway, on October the sixth, it was determined she no longer needed acute care services and they told her you're a discharge. You can go now, and she's like, no, I'm not leaving.
Speaker 2: I like it here. This was October of last year, and they can't make her go. The hospital has repeatedly made efforts to coordinate her departure with family members, offered transportation, to obtain necessary identification whatever, and the lady ke said, no, I like it here. I'm saying this is you're going to keep feeding me and the rest of it.
Speaker 3: And instead of heaving her out on her ass, having a couple of big burly orderlies pick her up by the elbows and dump her out the front door, they feel like they can't do anything about it.
Speaker 2: Wow, and that's costing somebody tens of thousands of dollars a day, I would guess, well, especially because the lawyers are now involved. The talent Hassi Memorial Healthcare.
Speaker 3: Has now sued the patient, saying she's refused to work her hospital room I can't last October.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that there's not some sort of thing you sign all that paperwork when you get in that includes when we determine you're better, you gotta get.
Speaker 3: Out well right right, And she says, yeah, I don't have an attorney, I'm representing myself. And no, I'm not going to sign those papers. No I'm not even gonna even respond to them.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 3: According to a federal agency, hospitals can be investigated by the FEDS for violations of treating patients when they need it. The patient can be discharged when the clinicians have determined any further care could be provided as an outpatient. Blah blah blah. But there's nothing about it. And but if she won't leave, you can eat her ass out. I'm telling you. I realize its kind of a semi amusing story, but that isn't that a symptoms being of.
Speaker 2: Medical care of terrible dysfunction?
Speaker 3: Well, and the joke in the Babylon b bit about well, there's squatter's in our home and we can't get rid of them for many months selling move back, Yeah, yeah, I mustay all right, just to prove I didn't make up something as incredibly outrageous as what I said. If I lost it again here it is, hang on a second stand bye. A Michigan Democrat campaigning for a US Senate seat opened up about how it was a risk for him to condemn the local attack on a synagogue full of small children, but he did anyway. It was a risk, he said. All of our team was really worried about saying something. But leadership is willing to say the thing if you believe it to be true that nobody else is going to say.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: And Nelly Bowls of the Free Press makes a point which is a nice point about leadership, I guess. But can we go back to that part where everybody was worried about condemning an attempted mass casualty event on children to understand how fast the rhetoric has shifted toward mass murder of American Jews. This is what counts as a brave stance now, So this Mom Abdul al Sayad is actually there's a very funny story about him too. He wouldn't comment on the death of the Ayatola because many of his constituents or would be constituents were sad and he felt like it was a real act of courage to condemn a near mass casualty of little children because he's a Muslim and his voters are Muslims. Folks, does that not kind of wake you up a little bit or make you think, wait a minute, wait a minute.
Speaker 2: It's not a good place to be.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's terrible. It's absolutely terrible. On a lighter note, because everything's a lighter note, hundreds of protesters swarmed to propose New York Men's homeless shelter site, physically blocking the construction beginning. It's a pretty Asian neighborhood, and they say, no, they're going to be all sorts of junkies and weirdos and drunks and perverts around here, and we don't want them in our neighborhood.
Speaker 2: We'll do it wherever you want them, Donnie, but don't do it here. Do we have more of the homeless person that clip we opened the show with, We have more of that? Oh? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah? Where is that?
Speaker 3: It's actually it's a report on a junkie vills in La LA's bums and junkies and trying to clear them out. What don't we Yeah, let's do forty and we'll do forty one see how we feel about it. But forty first, Michael Matthew seedor for Fox eleven.
Speaker 7: Dangers hidden in plain sight along the La River.
Speaker 2: We can see the cap of a needle right here.
Speaker 6: That's where they put the met in signs of illegal drug use, stolen property, in what some describe as gang activity.
Speaker 1: Some of these gang members, you know, they carry backpacks with tools and ghost guns and a lot of narcotics.
Speaker 2: Dangerous very.
Speaker 3: And then he goes on to interview some of the bums and bometts just.
Speaker 6: Steps from a busy trail near Griffith Park. Dozens live in fourty fine shelters, tense and even storm drains with murky water below. How long have you been out here?
Speaker 2: Thirteen years?
Speaker 7: A place time stand still?
Speaker 2: Over ten years? Ten years, yeah, over ten twenty years up that I know of.
Speaker 7: Do they try to offer you help?
Speaker 2: Yes, I've been offered housing.
Speaker 7: Why not take those resources?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 8: It's just right, It's just not for me, and I just always come back out to this and I just like it.
Speaker 2: She is really a glasses half full sort of holmless crack at it. Yeah, she's got again single U huh ten or twenty I don't know or I don't remember, but as far as I.
Speaker 3: Know, everything's great. Very single digit teeth. By the way, on this little cow, I hate to turn this sad and serious. That plucky, positive, agreeable attitude is how a lot of women on the street avoid getting like beat up, or or they get allies to help them not get raped by being very friendly and agreeable.
Speaker 2: It's a survival strategy. Oof.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but she's and and she didn't come off.
Speaker 2: As like twenty years or twenty what as far as I end or twenty.
Speaker 3: Oh if you don't know who does? Uh yeah, yeah, craziness. Let's hear the next clip.
Speaker 1: Sort of a place for people who have been forgotten or who want.
Speaker 4: To be heard.
Speaker 7: Dirty sites. Many who use the trail have grown numb too.
Speaker 2: You get used to it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sure, yeah, it's like seeing a gooser, like just see something else.
Speaker 6: Or don't want to talk about I'm just asking about the homeless society, That's exactly.
Speaker 7: I don't think that's a I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I don't want to comment on that. Why not? I mean, I don't want to.
Speaker 1: They put on the blinders. Honestly, they look on their phones, they focus on their work out on the bike. They don't want to deal with it because homelessness is everywhere.
Speaker 3: Well, bums and junkies are everywhere.
Speaker 2: I want to deal with that. I don't know how to, but I want. I want to deal with I want to get them out of there my tax money paid for. Yeah, because I have a similar thing in my town. The bike path that we got to ride our bikes passed the homeless junkie. I hope you don't get.
Speaker 3: Stabbed, right right. I see the description of this next clip, and I'm intrigued. Go ahead, Michael.
Speaker 6: And a statement to Fox eleven council member and mayoral candidate Nitthie Rahman calls homelessness along the La River a unique challenge, adding steep concrete slopes, culverts, and hard to reach areas make these encamments among the most difficult to address in the city. The only lasting solution is to bring people inside, and we are pursuing that solution with urgency.
Speaker 3: Boy, there was nonsense followed by bad policy in that person's statement. Okay, see a need challenge because of the steep culverts, it makes it harder to do what.
Speaker 2: So got a couple of sports notes for you. And then Katie's got a story about these bugs that are going around a stinging people's eyeballs. Pardon me, their i stinging bugs that are apparently a problem. So we got that to stay here. So Lebron James the played more NBA games than anybody ever, scored more points than anybody ever. He's got all kinds of more than anybody ever for a variety of reasons, how long he's played and how good he is. But he had the first ever father's son something the other day, because they've had a couple of them assistant shot or alley oop or whatever. But his son's playing on the Lakers and they which is just amazing. Remember old producer Scott said that was what was keeping Lebron hanging around, is he wanted to play with his son on an NBA team and he is. That's got to be a really weird feeling. Yeah, God of fun. Unimaginable that anybody will ever do that again. I mean, because just the ages will be really hard pull off and everything else. But Lakers are a three seed, by the way, currently they want a tear in baseball checking after the first week roughly of baseball. Still about fifty percent of the time the robot is right versus the umpire, So it's averaging like two or three times per game that people are trying this. Hey, I don't think that was a ball. I think it was a strike or vice versa. And it's about fifty to fifty. So anything to conclude from that, I don't know. Iose, I suppose you know, you can look at it two ways. But those close calls where you thought the empire was wrong, well half the time you were right, the ump was wrong.
Speaker 3: And it's a lot harder to call balls and strikes than you think it is.
Speaker 2: I don't know how anybody does it. Yeah, and I certainly don't know how anybody does it watching on TV. I've never understood that. I don't have an eye for it. But I've never stood sitting in the sands one hundred yards away. Oh, I never hilarious.
Speaker 3: Because, yeah, as an umpire buddy of mine has put it, there's a reason we don't position the homeplate umpire fourteen rows back one hundred yards that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Interesting. Uh.
Speaker 3: And he also commented to umpires are expected to learn a new strike zone without any visible references without any training in the machine that Major League Baseball uses. The measure has a calibration err and a measurement error, but they hold the umpire to one tenth of an inch for the accuracy of their ball strike decisions.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't like where it's going, but I guess a lot of baseball purists do. So whatever Katie tell us About the bugs that are eating people's eyeballs, All.
Speaker 8: Right, right, The Mosquito invector controlled district says that the San Gabriel Valley in California has see a surging population of tiny eyeball biting flies.
Speaker 3: Well, this won't haunt my dreams, they said, just a new flyers.
Speaker 2: It always been around. Now, it's been around.
Speaker 8: But last year at this time, guys fly traps for these little guys, we're catching just in the single digits. This year, the number of these flies cut has been in the hundreds.
Speaker 2: Oh, they bite your eyeballs specifically.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're saying, apparently it's because of the unusually warm weather from earlier this month. But the tiny black flies common in the foothills are so small they're actually hard to see. They are known to bite people's eyeballs and necks.
Speaker 2: My neck is fine, but eyeball does it hurt? I can't.
Speaker 8: I'm agree good not seasoned in being bitten in the eyeball, Jackson.
Speaker 3: This is a biblical plague. I mean clearly, it's probably because all the sodomy gotta be the sodomy.
Speaker 2: Gavin Newson's gonna have to answer for this eyeball eating flies on your watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I just well, I think, for the grace of God, we do four hours of this every day, twenty hours a week.
Speaker 2: If you miss the segment Orn Hour, you should get our podcast. Subscribe to Armstrong and Getty on demand, and then you'll never miss anything.
Speaker 3: One of the best descriptions I've come across of the No Kings rallies coming up Next Hour Again. If you don't get Next Hour, grab a podcast later Armstrong and Getty