Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club Morning, everybody in stevej Envy just hilarious. Charlamagne the guy we are the Breakfast Club. Lola Rosa is here as well, and we got a special guests.
Speaker 3: In the building.
Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 3: How you doing.
Speaker 1: It's been a long time.
Speaker 3: How are you feeling.
Speaker 4: It's been a very long time. It's been probably over what seven years or something like that.
Speaker 5: I'm bugging at This is the twentieth anniversary of your debut album, My God Dance.
Speaker 6: Fly By.
Speaker 3: It is a long time.
Speaker 1: How does it feel when you think back to think about that.
Speaker 3: I'm still processing it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm happy that we're able to do a tour twenty aeth year anniversary tour is more insane because I mean, I mean, it's a great album. So yeah, I appreciative of the fans and them supporting.
Speaker 5: So what do you remember about yourself twenty years ago? The woman you were twenty years ago?
Speaker 4: Recking moons baby, just just fighting is crazy, just insane.
Speaker 3: But I learned a lot, so it's all good.
Speaker 2: You ever go back to some of those old times and those old interviews and watching them and be like, god, damn, I don't know.
Speaker 3: M I just act like it never happened.
Speaker 1: But you gotta love every version of yourself. Every version of yourself played a part because we grew up.
Speaker 7: Well, I feel like I grew up with you.
Speaker 8: You going through those different times like music and.
Speaker 7: Reality Showish Cold then mom, Keisha Cold.
Speaker 3: That's what did it be?
Speaker 7: The mom?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I didn't want to, like, you know, go to jail and never get to see them again. So I mean you have to make life altering decisions. That gay man if I do that and see me up the creek.
Speaker 2: The Keisha Remy ma.
Speaker 1: Ever, that was a crazy era.
Speaker 3: That was That was that was That was stumping for sure.
Speaker 2: I'm just thinking I'm thinking back, like wow, just about that. If there was like heavy social media back.
Speaker 3: Then, oh thank god no heavy phones back then. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think soon as I actually was pregnant when instant was it Instagram, Twitter?
Speaker 3: When Twitter first.
Speaker 4: Started, and Monica was trying to get me on Twitter and she was on Twitter, and I just I didn't like it.
Speaker 3: It's like everybody just they was talking.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm like, okay, I spelled one word wrong once.
Speaker 3: It was not my type of tigue. But yeah, it's been. It's been a minute twenty years.
Speaker 5: What part of your story do you think people still get wrong even after all these years.
Speaker 3: Wrong?
Speaker 9: Wrong, yeah, misconception, Uh yeah, that I'm really mean, that I'm nasty, that I got a bad attitude, I'm a bit.
Speaker 4: Stuff like that, I guess because that's not the case, right, But maybe back then, I don't know, you know, but we all grow, we all changed, we all evolved. So I think that now that's the vibe. Like, you know, it's twenty years. My oldest is fifteen, so you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh, and she was just telling me she wanted a little girl. She's ready for a little girl. Now I am ready for a little girl to start over.
Speaker 4: If God yes, for the rest of my life, yep, that would be awesome.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, when you were accomplished.
Speaker 4: So many things, and you set so many goals for yourself, and imagine accomplishing those goals, all.
Speaker 3: The goals that you set for yourself.
Speaker 4: Like I always wanted to headline my own arena tour. I'm pretty sure I said that when I came up here, maybe ten years ago. And I mean, just like that, I'm on my second one now for my first album, that is just insane to me just to kind of process that. But I mean, I think setting new goals and just wanting new things in my life.
Speaker 3: I think a girl would be one.
Speaker 4: Of them, because this version of Keisha would be better for sure. A girl, Yeah, and a husband and a husband. The old one was not taking it, not having it.
Speaker 3: No, actually you got to go. I think, yeah, we came up here one time. Yeah, yeah, so that was the thing. But yeah, like you know, I think this version would be better.
Speaker 5: For I think the beauty of you know, Keisha is that you did grow, at least to me, on your own terms.
Speaker 1: Good, bad, ugly.
Speaker 5: You grew on your own terms, and a lot of people don't get get that opportunity.
Speaker 1: Really, I don't think so, especially in.
Speaker 5: Music, because like like you grew, you grew out loud, you grew in front of people. You know, like some people gotta there's an image that they got to maintain, so they don't ever get to do that, and then you know, they end up slapping somebody on stage and you was like, damn, I even know that was you.
Speaker 3: Was grewing in there.
Speaker 4: Nobody knew that anger was yeah yeah, yeah that I thought that was stage. Okay, so boom. I don't know because that's what they show on TV. They say that it would happen before and something.
Speaker 3: What the heck was that?
Speaker 4: But I like, yeah, my son too. I was like, I never seen my my oldest son. He's angry at all ever, like, and I'm scared about that, Like I'm like, where is it coming? When is it coming? Because I've never seen him yell, get loud argue.
Speaker 3: I'm like, never seen him, so that would be scary. But no, I have. I have. I have lived my life in front of everybody. I don't. Yeah, I just never had a problem with it.
Speaker 5: You said you've never seen your son a yellow screen, but that says a lot about the environment you raised him. Yeah. Maybe we just used to that because that's how we came up. So we think that's almost supposed to be.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah no, But I don't know, because my little one he cuts everybody out.
Speaker 1: Okay, give me all hell.
Speaker 3: That broke loose with me. I hope I pray not.
Speaker 10: But it looks as if so because he don't take no yeah all, like he'd be capping on his brother, like for real, big back and all.
Speaker 4: Yeh what his brother yeah, and what his brother do, Tobias, that's not nice.
Speaker 3: So one is alk, one is Malcolm Max oh Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, very much. So call your son the big back his brother brother, yea.
Speaker 3: Her little son.
Speaker 4: Because DJ's dad and grandfather they're six to six nine.
Speaker 3: You know, his grandmother is tall, all of them. So DJ is big.
Speaker 4: He's like, he's a big guy, but not No, he's not fat, but he's a big dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah play football. Yeah we don't.
Speaker 1: We called him. We don't call him big backs.
Speaker 3: We called Tobias.
Speaker 1: But as a kid, you call everybody big bag? Is he got it wrong? You gotta teach him.
Speaker 3: I tell him all the time. That's not cool.
Speaker 1: To teach him when it's obese people that walk by. That's when you use that, is.
Speaker 4: Not when you use the term. No use the term. Where Tobias got that from?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Oh YouTube, No, yeah.
Speaker 7: You definitely you and.
Speaker 1: You made it a little bigger.
Speaker 4: What I've always loved about you always been relatable with your music and even like showing your life on TV with your family and everything like that. Was there ever a point that you said that she regretted doing that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Hell yeah. When everything started going to ship. Can I say that?
Speaker 4: Yes, Okay, thank you, because yeah, when everything started, like when nobody was getting better, you feel like that was the goal for the show.
Speaker 3: And I remember talking to me me Val about this.
Speaker 4: She was the editor of a vibe magazine and I was like, I don't know if I should do it.
Speaker 3: She said, well, what is your purpose of doing it?
Speaker 4: And I said, well, I want to show the girls out there where I come from and me being able to make it out the hood and like really put that work in. She said, we'll show that and make sure that the focus is always that. And when it was like coming became a point of like unhealthy, just like really unhealthy. Well my mom was showing up and it was like, bro, we cannot film today. Bro, Like that's not cool, Like I'm not doing this. We got to stop this. And everybody was like really pissed at me. Okay, because it was a lot of money on the table and I didn't care about that.
Speaker 3: Like it was like no, every we.
Speaker 4: Need to get some see some counseling, you know, put my mom in the program. And she was just like he said, that's just it's just not what I want, Like I'm happy with my life the way I am.
Speaker 3: And I was just like, stop.
Speaker 4: Spending your money. It's no need to do that. I don't want it. And I was like, I just it was just a point where I was just like, Okay, well, it ain't no reason to keep continuing. They know we living, you know what I mean, like, and I'm not showing anything that's growing people anymore.
Speaker 3: So I prefer to not do that.
Speaker 1: Oh I respect that.
Speaker 8: How hard was it for you to hear that from your mom and accept that like that, that she wanted to live her life on her terms.
Speaker 4: Well, I just was like, you don't you sure you don't think it's anything we could do, you know, like maybe we can try, and she just just like no, I just prefer It was like maybe a year before she passed, actually, and she came out there and she actually told me not to put her in a program because she had Obamacare and she wanted to use her medica or whatever to go into a program. And I was like, okay, well that's what you want to do, you know, And she told me, she pulled to the side. She said, you know, Kisha, you never made me feel unloved, You never judge me. You never cursed at me, You never put your hands on me. She said, God is gonna bless you for that. And I'm like, my, like, come on, she said no, And I'm just I'm just telling you, like you know, and I know I won't to do things the way I want to do them, man, and but you're doing You're gonna be all right, And I'm just like this is just like I just can't take this, bro, Like, come on, like, sure's nothing we.
Speaker 3: Could do, Like I'm thinking it's something we could do. But yeah, are years later?
Speaker 5: Has your definition of family changed since since losing your mom?
Speaker 3: Definition?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What you mean just in general, like your definition of family change, Like what was your definition of family before?
Speaker 4: I guess no, no, love and supporting and unconditionally being there for people if that doesn't hurt you for sure, you know, because there's limitations to everything, especially if it's doing something that's not you're hurting yourself now, No, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I learned that when I have my.
Speaker 4: Boys that there's there's different ways I can support you and be there for you, but not harming my children or my family. Right, But it's still the same. I mean, you know, I still visit my family and see my family. Nieces comeing to live with me. She's I gave her, I'm giving her summer job.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. And you know, my nieces are beautiful nephews. So yeah, day at.
Speaker 1: A time, reconnected with your siblings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nephew. Yeah, just you know, just.
Speaker 5: Slowly, surely, and then the love you have for your kids, you realize that's a total different love that you would ever have for anybody else.
Speaker 4: I think so well, yeah, I mean, but there was a point where I looked at Nephie and just was like, oh my god, like the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life, Like you know, and I felt like that about my mama, Like, oh my god, I don't care what nobody said about my mama.
Speaker 3: Mama just looks so beautiful to me, like you know, my children.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's just like I would. I would hurt myself for my children, you know what I'm saying. So, yeah that I guess in terms of that for sure, Yeah, for sure. Yeah, because that go back to what I said, Yeah, I gotta protect mammy, gotta protect that first.
Speaker 3: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Keisha Coles, is my story? Did you like that that lifetime story.
Speaker 4: I felt like it was so much more I wanted to tell and go back to me saying that I sell a list of goals for myself.
Speaker 3: If you go back to the reality.
Speaker 4: Show the way it is in the first season, I said that I wanted to do my own movie, and I sat with suld what was his name that did.
Speaker 3: He passed away?
Speaker 4: John Singleton, I said with John, and we talked about doing the movie and stuff like that, and we actually had a screen play about it, and it was about my life and my struggles with my mom and my family and my love life and my music career and all these different things.
Speaker 3: But when my mother passed and they we.
Speaker 4: Had already been speaking to them before the verses about.
Speaker 3: Doing the movie, and then when my mom passed, it kind.
Speaker 4: Of shifted that story a bit into my mom and me paying kind of homage to my mother and everything that I've experienced with her since since a little girl. And so it became the Frankie movie. Like always she's even in passing, She's just I was like, by it's your movie, like you know what, But I'm cool with it, you know, and hopefully one day I'll be able to do my own movie because I felt like that was really just a movie on our life together.
Speaker 2: You have so much history, I mean so much history, from the mc hamm or to pop to the music industry to.
Speaker 3: Dwayne Wiggins rest in peace.
Speaker 2: Yes, I look at your you know, your crowds, and your crowds go from sixty years old to fifteen years old because your songs just transcend like Love.
Speaker 1: I'm looking.
Speaker 2: I'm like Love is twenty years old, which is crazy?
Speaker 7: You play that in.
Speaker 1: The club now, yeah, and how does that feel?
Speaker 4: Well, if you think about it in the reality show, we can go back to that and my mother and people seeing a Frankie in their family, like I'm from across the world, like you know, every hood has, you know, somebody like my mom, you know. And then we got somebody that Frankie, I mean, Nephie crazy just you know, like you know, it ain't gonna hold nothing back, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Then we got somebody like me that want to make it work, somebody that's going you know.
Speaker 3: So if you got.
Speaker 4: Those generations and them now I have children, you know what I'm saying. And those five year olds, six year olds, seven year olds, they singing love, you know, but we have these generations of the mother that plays the music for the daughter and now the daughter who's my age has two kids and now they're singing it. So it's like to be able to see that. And Stevie Wonder told me this. He said, you are to your generation what we were to your parents.
Speaker 3: And I was like, huh.
Speaker 4: He was like, yeah, that's what you are. I'm like, ain't no fucking way.
Speaker 3: That's insane. No, I was like, dah, heicked up.
Speaker 5: Man, No, when did you realize you was the generational curse break for your family?
Speaker 3: Huh? What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 3: Serious?
Speaker 1: When did you realize you was the generational.
Speaker 3: Crisis so much? Why do you think that you give that? That is it?
Speaker 7: That's what that reality show was watching that.
Speaker 3: And you just kind of uttered it out of your mouth.
Speaker 4: You say, you had someone like you that wants to make it work, that wants to see change, that wants to break the cycle. Yeah, that's what you are, not just with the man, Yo, that's insane to think that. I mean, I don't know if I process that, but nah, not having processed that, because it's so much work that needs to be done, and I would love I mean that dream of that little girl on wanting to be superstar so that she can have all her sisters and brothers live with.
Speaker 3: Her in one home.
Speaker 4: I did that it didn't work out, and and that's sad, you know what I mean, because I really wanted that for all of us to be together, and that didn't really happen. And that's why it took so long to bury my mother because a lot of my brothers and sisters would not come together. And all my mother wanted to see was all her kids. I know she wouldn't have been able to see it, but wherever she was that she was able to see it. And that's why it took so long. Because I wanted to bring everybody together for her one last time. That was all she kept saying the year before her passing. I want to see all my babies together. Wow, And we couldn't do it, and it's just like really pissing me off. So to know that the curse is broken, it would have to be everybody getting along, everybody coming together cohesively and making things work, even if that's not you know, hanging out all the time, but at least speaking and being cordial and loving one another, and the children most most of all. I think you know, that would be to me a successful generational curse breaking, not just me and my family living well.
Speaker 3: And you know that. I mean that would be mine. Yeah, did you.
Speaker 1: Tell the family? Did the family know that?
Speaker 11: Wow?
Speaker 1: And they couldn't put you to the side for that?
Speaker 3: No? Wow, that was all my brook. Oh, this is all that.
Speaker 4: All that ain't nothing we were talking about right now, you know, And that's what y'all gonna have to live with for the rest of y'all life.
Speaker 3: I mean, at that.
Speaker 4: Point, I was like, I ain't you know, my mom gotta she got to rest in peace finally. So it's like, if that ain't gonna be the vibe, y'all don't want that. I can't want it, you know. And for y'all.
Speaker 5: So do you hold a grudge like somebody ask you for something like, nah, you ain't come, You ain't come to mama.
Speaker 4: Now they don't even have my information. I can't see it to say no, you know what I mean. So but a grudge, I don't think so no, because anybody, like I said, can change and anybody like you know, but you have to show that over time. And I was talking about this last night, which is so funny. We're having this conversation right now, and who I used to be and the person that would wreck the room at steven Hill. They had to pay for it, you know, and me and my sister just slat boxing at them because me and nephew just used to go at it like cast the dogs and fight and fight outside in this hotel room.
Speaker 3: By everything's broke, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But over time, we've shown that that's not the way we fix it, and that's not how we deal with it, you know what I'm saying, whatever that may be. And she's still crazy though, but and I'm still crazy a little bit, but he doesn't say it, but we just it changes it just and you show people over time what that looks like.
Speaker 3: And that's by you know, you proven it.
Speaker 1: You jump somebody together.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, we've never nobody's given us the opportunity.
Speaker 3: Nobody presented it to it. It's not like it could happen, like nobody was voted.
Speaker 1: Like make that thing.
Speaker 2: You mentioned versus before, people were thinking that there was tension between you as Shanty during versus.
Speaker 4: Was it any No, and in addition to that, I'm so mad I had got COVID because I was ready to just I was so mad, like so pissed, and no.
Speaker 1: That's what she was mad about having COVID.
Speaker 4: I I was mad that I had COVID in addition to the fact that my MIC wasn't working. Yeah, yeah, And I was like, get my mic right, don't do that to me. I don't know what who's in who's in here, but y'are not about to sabotage my stuff. So that was that was But it came off as like I was being unappreciative of the moment, which I wasn't because I was so excited about that moment. And I mean to be up there with such a beautiful like artists like Ashanti, like I came up on a Shanti like that, so fire, So nah never and I hate that people took it that way.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nah.
Speaker 5: There were some people who thought that was stage two though, because they think that that's like your persona, like a character you portray that would like always with the drama, always angry damn.
Speaker 8: I think it was during the verses when it was the thing about whose turn it was, people were like they I think I don't know if she was reminding you it was her turn. He was reminding her it was your turn. And people was like, all right, they're doing this to play into the whole. Wait what during the verses, I think it was a shanty was telling you that it was her turn. You're about to play another song. But I think you were just excited to play that other song. You don't remember this really, yes, but people grab that online too and they were like, this is them playing into the whole like Keishakle do her thing her little one too.
Speaker 3: Oh no, man, that's too bad. I hate that.
Speaker 4: I hate that, But I mean shout out to Ashanti, because I mean she's amazing. So yeah, I mean, just to be up on that platform with Ashanti.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that.
Speaker 7: Did y'all talk after that?
Speaker 3: No? Okay, No, she got a baby? Yeah she pregnant again. Yes, congratulations.
Speaker 5: Have you ever felt pressure, like from the label or a TV network to I guess market pain or drama because people associate your music with heartbreaking.
Speaker 4: I wish I could blame that on them.
Speaker 3: No, it's just the way it is.
Speaker 4: Right twenty years now, and on tour twenty years later for the way it is. No, I actually I wrote a bunch of them songs myself, so they're all everything that I've experienced. It's like a selected few that wasn't written by me enough to no love. I should have cheated Deron and Q for one twelve. You know there's a few.
Speaker 1: Songs you would on somebody else. I should have cheated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that was not my idea exactly. Sure, that's for twenty years. It's true I didn't write it. I mean I wish I would have because it was actually a hit. But nah, I can't take credit. When you start trusting love again, I have you every time heartbreak? So yeah, wow we shall love like well, you know, just what the mess? Eleven eleven period?
Speaker 6: Are you?
Speaker 3: Are you single? Yes? Or is it complicated? No, it's not complicated at all. It's very much given single.
Speaker 7: Okay, are you dating?
Speaker 4: I haven't decided to date again yet. I I take compliments, thank you, will you answered that? Thank you for that?
Speaker 3: And then no? But am I ready to move on?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 4: I still have the tattoo here, so I can't like, I feel like until when I if I don't know.
Speaker 1: You love fast?
Speaker 3: Wow, that's really.
Speaker 7: Coming from him.
Speaker 4: You're coming from Martinez sitting over there. You fast, that's what you picked up over all these years I've.
Speaker 2: Seen you, and you you seem like you in love fast, like you love love.
Speaker 3: It's nothing.
Speaker 8: He means like you you're you're You're locked into the love, like you're how.
Speaker 3: Long you know?
Speaker 1: These people love that?
Speaker 4: No, when you see it on Instagram, you see that, you think I'm in love fast then, But there's definitely lead something built before.
Speaker 3: I just yeah, like before I just post somebody but love.
Speaker 4: I definitely love love for sure, Like I'm a lover girl for sure.
Speaker 3: But and you haven't given up on that, I hope not. Yeah, but right now I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, have you ever felt like why do I feel like this? And I just don't, like I can't act on it right now, Like I just can't. It's like I'm going with the flow or whatever that feels like I'm not I'm not doing too much calling.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 4: It's like everything is reciprocated right now, like you know what I mean, Like you give me love, I give you love. If it's no love to be given, it ain't no love to be given. And that's just gonna be able to mention.
Speaker 7: The tattoo, and you might not get rid of the tattoo.
Speaker 3: I don't know yet, I just haven't did it is the tattoo?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I thought, sorry, she has Hancho's name tattoo. But I was wondering if not getting rid of it is because like you're hoping to rekindle.
Speaker 4: Well, I just I'm just I'm not dating. So it's not like, Oh, I'm dating some dude and I'm sitting across the table and I got to him on my chest, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 4: I guess I got too much work to do right now, Like I'm going on tour, the BET Awards is coming up.
Speaker 5: Yes, even he's not doing They don't have a problem in writing you backup.
Speaker 1: You don't updressing room.
Speaker 3: I mean they liked me more, made reality show. Come here.
Speaker 1: No just no ideas.
Speaker 5: Please.
Speaker 1: You know you'll tell some ship in a minute.
Speaker 3: Will you know? I'm not like you. I'm not like the Yes, I'm not. You don't tear Damn No, I don't.
Speaker 1: Just curage people out.
Speaker 3: You got to pick up truck.
Speaker 4: I felt like I at one time or another when you pulled up to a house.
Speaker 3: And two, no, girl, ago, I believe you. I believe I do.
Speaker 11: That's so crazy, my husband go on, but I don't.
Speaker 5: I want to rephrase my question. Then when did you start trusting love again? Would it ever appeared when you didn't trust?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no no. I know when someone cares about you. I do, And but things happened, you know, Like I just feel like some things aren't made to last. And unfortunately my last thing love has it. I don't know. Maybe it's here, maybe it's not. I don't know. Like I said, I'm just really for re legitly going with the flow. And like I said, I'm so blessed to be able to be here still like twenty years later and do the way it is tour that came out twenty years ago, and have these little babies and the older people like you know, my mom, and singing the songs and loving the music. So I'm just focused on that right now, and if it happens, it's like cool. I'm not in a rush to get no tattoo covered up right now. I'm not in a rush to date right now. I just want to like appreciate the moment for what it is right now? Like I think more so than anything, it's not about love right now, it's about my fans. And yeah, has it ever been a point right where you was like where you have to be reminded of who the fuck you are?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 4: You know people say I would love to address that. What do people mean by that?
Speaker 3: I guess it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes you forget who you are or people playing on your name.
Speaker 4: Okay, so can I can we dive in a little bit in that? What does that truly mean? Knowing who you truly like, knowing your worth and people playing in your face?
Speaker 3: So and then what do you do?
Speaker 9: What do you?
Speaker 3: I mean, do you do? What you do?
Speaker 7: You want a more direct statement what we're talking about?
Speaker 5: So for me go ahead now I was gonna say the answer, just question directly. It is like, sometimes you got to silence the noise around you. Because we hear so much opinions about us, about us from other people. Sometimes you might start believing that ship and that ain't that their opinions aren't real.
Speaker 4: And pretty much I know that truly and who you date right like, because I always was I was seeing the comments around whenever you.
Speaker 3: Will go viral for actually you're not going viral.
Speaker 4: It would be something around your relationship, right, and it would be like, yo, did.
Speaker 3: She not know who she is? Like she is Keisha Koch, She don't need to put up with this ship? Or how did how? How did he even get to be with her?
Speaker 4: How?
Speaker 3: Why she keep dating young girl? Why she you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 4: Okay, So specifically, yes, so when things were surround no, I really want to get to the rood.
Speaker 3: Okay address, that's that's the real way. Okay.
Speaker 4: So when things happen in his life are surrounding him, but me and him are in relationship, so boom, that then makes me look like I don't know my words because of these things that are that's outside of our relationship and what he's dealing with now, that makes me look like Keisha, do you know who you are? So then ask Keisha Cole, what would you suggest I do? What would be that to show the world I'm Keisha Cole?
Speaker 3: Would that be.
Speaker 2: I was not given the thing? Am I am? I?
Speaker 3: Am I tworking? What am I doing?
Speaker 6: This?
Speaker 3: Show?
Speaker 1: People think they know, but we don't know your relationships.
Speaker 5: Shots you do whatever makes makes you happy because you put the diaper on and.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, get the money right, okay, so boom that that looks good?
Speaker 3: Okay, and stay quiet?
Speaker 1: Mm hm, who do what you want to do?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 4: I just want to know because people say it all the time, remember who you are?
Speaker 3: And I thought, me, remember who I am?
Speaker 4: Just my personal opinion of myself and love and when you truly love somebody, you don't just be like, oh yeah, because.
Speaker 3: I'm Keisha Cole. Now I can go out and I.
Speaker 4: Can show him who I really could be with or who I really could be around, who really my friends who really like No, it's cool and whatever happens God is happening because God said it's happening.
Speaker 3: So how do I like? I can't just I'm just not like that.
Speaker 5: So you know that I think about it. And if they say remember who you are, maybe clearly we don't know you if you're.
Speaker 3: Doing what you want to do, like we think we know, that's the problem.
Speaker 4: Like that, like you say, other people's opinions are you know just what they are?
Speaker 3: Other people's opinions, but we don't know, like the people don't know.
Speaker 4: So above all of this, it's what that is. It's like you're above all of this.
Speaker 3: You're above, You're.
Speaker 4: Greater than everything that's happening in your life, right, Yeah, that's so fit above that. Don't deal with nothing and actually don't even bring nobody to the forefront no more. Actually we don't even want to see you with nobody, Kisha until this.
Speaker 7: That's how you feel like people feel.
Speaker 4: I think so because and I'm not taking it as a way that like people feel like they don't want to see me happy well sometimes, but you know they'd rather see it, like if it's gonna be real, then it's gonna be for forever, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I think my fans are like, we didn't see you go through enough what.
Speaker 2: It is, we don't see so much.
Speaker 1: We want you to be happy.
Speaker 8: It was a video that when Barro you you were performing, it was doing all the hunt Sho stuff and you were crying and they try to say, Okay, this is because of the Hunchho stuff, and people were really really upset, like online, because people want to protect you so much, and but you stay quiet when you see stuff like that, and whether it is or it's not about him, how you feel.
Speaker 4: It was actually the last show of the last tour, and that was my first arena tour that I prayed for, and I was thanking the fans for like being there for the whole tour and you know, us having great, a great tour. Like I was crying of my fans being there for me. Like I don't know where the hunch thing came from. I don't know, but if they wanted to think I was crying over front, I guess out of the.
Speaker 7: I was like cool anyway, a happier note.
Speaker 8: I love to see people giving you your just due because you deserve all of the flowers and the things.
Speaker 7: I was an usher show when he brought you, brought you on stage. That was great. It was amazing to see that. I was like, what is happening?
Speaker 8: And it was so pure because you could tell you didn't even want to be up there, but he just made it a point to He dropped love and she didn't even have to sing a word.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was so sweet for that. He was so sweet. He just wanted you to listen to them. They were screaming at the happening along as the whole arena. Oh my god, for word. Yeah, I think that's what I think we were talking about. This the other day. I think when people do that, it makes me feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: Really, I don't know, I get real like, I don't know, like, but maybe that's what y'all mean by I remember who you are?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm that as well. I thought.
Speaker 2: Charlomage on stage put cherry and Charlamage mount to the diaper.
Speaker 3: She like it.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't care either way. I'm just asking because people be.
Speaker 3: On I feel like it's really it's cool.
Speaker 4: It's another thing like my fans are people in general just like to pick at me. I feel like because I could have sworn it, but like they were telling me that Douce wore it to the super Bowl or something like, doc, yeah, she wore it to the super Bowl and she wore the same outfit and everybody says she did it and it was fashion and it was And I was like, oh really, because I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: They showed me last night and I was like, oh, not like it.
Speaker 4: And they showed you you've been but okay, so remember who I am and remember but I can't, so don't do fashion, okay, boom.
Speaker 3: So I try to keep that on the list. Remember who you are, don't do fashion.
Speaker 4: Don't love until it's time for you to love and be married, and like we want to see you happy.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to satisfy the fans. And listen had another one. Don't text a b because he's gonna put it out there. The nerve to bring that up, the nerve that he did. I don't know why this is the thing.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Okay, you have you ever used the diaper on stage?
Speaker 1: What is wrong with you? That's what they called it.
Speaker 4: They was calling it trying to be funny. It's an actual outfit, yo, know because you.
Speaker 1: Know the wrapper of the baby used to wear diaper on things. Yes, because the whole the baby, the baby used to you.
Speaker 3: Need to stop. That's not because that.
Speaker 1: Was his whole person. It was the baby. So we had a panther on during weekends.
Speaker 4: When he was like attached to the belt. That was before he came the belt on the side.
Speaker 1: It was a pamp.
Speaker 2: To promote himself.
Speaker 4: This is on the over the jeans. No, No, he did not have ass out with the diper. I don't believe that coming for.
Speaker 1: I'm not coming back.
Speaker 6: I never paid it.
Speaker 1: Like, it's not like I stopped. It looks I thought it wasn't a pamp.
Speaker 3: Don't do that.
Speaker 1: You know what you're doing normally been doing with Wendy.
Speaker 3: But exactly happened?
Speaker 4: Did you punch him? You want to punch your front the diaper? And I mean Antony, I'm talking about Adrian. I'm saying that's the wrong. Ad Be not the one to be getting beat up. They want to be beat people.
Speaker 1: What why?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know all I know, and I'm gonna try to be as respectful as I could be at this point, because.
Speaker 3: I do think that he said a lot.
Speaker 4: But in addition to that, he also said that nobody wants me and nobody cares about me.
Speaker 3: So I just felt I took that as a that's like a hm hm hm cool. Then that means that you shouldn't speak about me.
Speaker 4: That means that there should be nothing there that should be If you nobody wants or cares, then it shouldn't be spoken anymore.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought. That meant.
Speaker 4: I just don't like corny ship and I just wanted to ask you, did you punch him for that?
Speaker 1: I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen him since for years, for years since that since that was said, I haven't seen him, so I don't even know. I asked him to stop. I asked, I told him I have children, and I.
Speaker 3: Would prefer to.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, and please and God bless you, and and and it persists.
Speaker 5: Whatever point you thought to yourself, I gave the world too much of me when you think like I think about all of this stuff that's coming up in this interview, and you're like, damn, all of that has been out there.
Speaker 3: It is. But I guess then then I wouldn't be kishak mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: So if in order to have.
Speaker 3: Some things, I wish I could just erase for sure?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like what like like the last two minutes of this, you.
Speaker 3: Don't wait.
Speaker 8: To go before we raised is my last question? You said, having another baby? So I said, I thought that's what they said.
Speaker 7: Oh no, no, no, no, no, the second baby.
Speaker 3: Anything I saw that.
Speaker 2: Just announced, I did not.
Speaker 7: Now rumors it has not been confined. So I'm like, what the heck is happening.
Speaker 4: I thought that happened when they was on live the other night, and now they said, yeah, I swell thought Kea did break.
Speaker 3: It, And I don't know.
Speaker 8: We could start racing now go ahead, Okay, last two minutes of race.
Speaker 1: Okay, what did fame take from you?
Speaker 5: Will take from your inner child that you're still trying to get back when you think about the last twenty years.
Speaker 3: I was twenty one when I made it. I had lived my little childhood.
Speaker 4: I didn't miss a beat. Actually I was bad as it went through the streets in Oakland, that will, trust me.
Speaker 3: Trust me, I didn't miss a beat. I'm cool now, I'm cool. I'm cool.
Speaker 7: Do you feel the love after all the bullshit? Do you feel the love today?
Speaker 3: Of course? Heck yeah. I mean, I haven't made a record in so long. I did.
Speaker 4: I did Kilanie. I did that record with Kilanie. I did do a record with Hanho. I just got in the studio with Trippy Red.
Speaker 3: That was that was.
Speaker 4: I mean, I did a song with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna do another album and this Glow realer thing, this glow really I did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, y'all getting that verse here? I thought I would because I love you guys so much, and yeah, so that's gonna be super fly.
Speaker 3: I'm supporting Glow. I like her style.
Speaker 4: I like her to so cute and sweet.
Speaker 3: She I was seeing her on stage I was like coachill, I said, yeah, this time clean record.
Speaker 4: I got Kanye called you to then and say, Yo, I want you to do one more song with me right now. We're first, we're going to church and and and and yeah, we're calling. We're both gonna call the pastor at this point because everybody needs a little God.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know what I mean. And I don't know.
Speaker 4: What's going on, and I'm not here to judge, but I definitely would.
Speaker 3: I would.
Speaker 4: I would like for my friend to actually, like really, I mean, I don't know how hard or how bad it hurts to people to say things and do things, and like I would, I would really want him to find some love for real.
Speaker 3: I wish that for all of us to that.
Speaker 1: Know, do you feel the way when you performed last night?
Speaker 3: What kind of is this? This is all.
Speaker 4: I am. I am hopefully hopefully you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's like when you feel things like I did.
Speaker 4: I did a song. I did a song. Yeah, by my last relationship.
Speaker 1: How many talkslationships have you been in? Some things that's traumatizing? It was only like like two, that's enough, that's enough.
Speaker 3: A whole lot your last time I love my God, Oh my God. Love you, Keish, We love you more. Thank You.
Speaker 2: The Wade is the twentieth Anniversary tour celebrating the twentieth anniversary of her debut album and We Love You, I Love you guys.
Speaker 5: Gonna be in York on July twelveth to by the way, July twelfth, we all ski.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club's Cup. Wake that ass up in the morning. Breakfast Club