Speaker 1: Stay right here for our final news roundup and information overload. All right, News round Up and information overload. Our ar toll free numbers eight hundred and nine to four one sean if you want to be a part of the program. It's incredible the reaction. I've spoken to a lot of young people and how they've been impacted at this political assassination of Charlie Kirk. And I said this earlier in the week and last week that you know, in all the years I've been doing this, my kids only wanted to meet two people of all the people that I've interviewed, all the people that I know, although they do like professional athletes, especially my son, but the two people politically were President Trump and Charlie Kirk. And my son did get to meet and spend time with Charlie and it meant a lot to him. And I wanted to bring on bring back to the program two young people that have been on before, Isabelle Brown and Catalina Love. They'll join us in a second. I saw that Isabelle actually put out thinking back to last week, I am so moved by the fact that much of his quiet, free time in the green room with me, you know, he was talking about heaven. As people of faith, we know that death is you know something that I can't actually read this because I can't see it all. But when someone is pure and robbed of life so prematurely. But I rejoice in prayer today that even though you know we've lost Charlie, he's more alive than we are in a fullness of our Savior and his anchor in heaven. Which I thought was extremely eloquent and beautifully written. One of the things that really stood out to me is Charlie would go into these hostile environments on college campuses, knowing that they're hostile environments, and he'd take on all comers. He did it cheerfully, did it with a smile on his face. He'd be called every name in the book. You're a Nazi, you're a racist, you're a fascist. Okay, give me one example. You're a Nazi, you're euracist, you're a fascist. They could never give him an example, and they look stupid. I mean, this is the type of thing. Honestly, if these schools were not in doctrination centers, this should be you know, vigorous debate happening inside classrooms. But it doesn't happen didn't happen when I was going to school. And it's sad because this is an opportunity for the free and open exchange of ideas and principles and opinions, and you know, people should be free to express themselves. And Charlie would challenge, you know, the indoctrination of many and have a profound impact on these young people. And secondarily, you know, many young people that were conservative that felt they had to be quiet on college campuses. It gave them, you know, a sense of validation of what their true views and opinions are. Anyway, we welcome back Isabelle Brown and Catalina Lauf are back with us. Thank you both for being here. Isabel Well, you knew Charlie Well. I saw a picture of you and Charlie on the internet at Turning Point.
Speaker 2: You work with him, I did, Son.
Speaker 3: I've worked with Charlie for about eight years now, and like many of these students that are so inspired by his courage and his ability to tell the truth under fire, I was one of those college students who started a Turning Point USA chapter on my campus at Colorado State University in twenty seventeen, and I just have had so many wonderful memories come back this last year of all of the times, Charlie spoke life into me and so many other young conservatives who have a national platform now by giving us an opportunity, an opportunity to join him in this fight to tell the truth. And as mentioned in reading my Instagram caption there a few moments ago, I was so privileged to be able to share the stage with Charlie at a pro life speaking event about two weeks ago today, actually on the Dots, one of his last speeches here on this earth, and I've mentioned there what he wanted to talk about more than anything else backstage as we spent some time catching up and hanging out like old times, was God and his faith, and we spent quite a bit of time talking about Heaven, which translated into his speech for the crowd there as well. He was so peacefully rooted in his calling from God and his vocation from the Holy Spirit to show up and tell the truth. And I know he carried that same vocation with him through that event at Utah Valley University as well.
Speaker 1: You know, I spent a lot more time this weekend looking at videos at Charlie, And because I'm so wrapped up and doing four hours of broadcasting every day, it's almost completely all consuming. And so many things that he said and was saying to young people was so impressive. You know, Catalina, you know, God forbid, you have somebody on a college campus mentioned God, or encouraging young people to go to church, or encouraging people not to be part of hookup culture, or encouraging people not to be the stupid kid throwing up in the bushes or doing drugs and finding the spiritual side of your life. And even when you would go out, or if you're a guy, you would take a girl out, you would respect her, you would pay for your date, you'd open the door. And he described his own experience with Erica is you know he called it an interview process, wanting to find you know, the purpose of dating, to find a potential mate. And I found that very encouraging and telling people, you know what, don't be part of hookup culture. You know, this is something blessed and sacred, and you don't hear that often on college campuses. Probably the only time some of these kids heard it was from him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks for having us on Sean. You know, he was a big brother. So many young men in particularly need it. And I know that firsthand because when I first heard about Charlie, it was back in twenty thirteen when I was graduating college and he was from my home state, Illinois, and my two younger neighbor boys who you know, I'd watched grown up, I had watched grown up, I'd babysat them. They were still in middle school in high school at the time, thinking about college. And I'm sure this goes for a lot of us then that when young people you care about are about to go to college, there's always that fear that when they go off to college, they can be poisoned and indoctrinated. And we obviously didn't want that happening to these young boys in our neighborhood. And one afternoon I was home and from college and they were raving about this young guy from our state named Charlie Kirk and about all of the conservative values that he was talking about social issues, but he was so relatable to them, and I knew in that moment, I was like, you know, what, these kids are going to be okay. And then fast forward, you know, eight years later to see Turning Point USA become what it was because of Charlie's leadership. I was running for Congress at the time, and I got to meet Charlie and many of the same mentors and investors and donors who had once believed in Charlie and Turning Point USA. We're now getting involved in politics and specifically supporting young candidates because of Charlie's advice to support young people in the political space. And that just shows, you know, Charlie's impact was generational and it will continue, and it's just absolutely devastating for all of us in this all around. You know, I get messages from people who said, I've never spoken out, I've never had the courage to, but because of what happened, I feel the need to now. And so it's up to our generation to carry that towards forward and to live Charlie's legacy and not only a positive light and bring the good that he did, but also bolder, louder, and stronger to fight against this evil that's infecting our country, especially young minds.
Speaker 1: You know, Isabella, as I was watching a lot of these videos this weekend, and I sent many of them to my kids and my son's twenty six. My daughter just turned twenty four. She was born thirteen days before nine to eleven. And this generation never experienced nine to eleven. Kids that are in college today and they have no memory of it because they weren't alive. And this is a watershed moment, I believe for them. But just the idea that he would tell young women to know your worth and to put a high price and value on that, and telling young men to be respectful, I just think that those values are timeless.
Speaker 3: They absolutely are. You really hit the nail on the head there, Sean, that this is a generationally defining moment. You know, I was born in nineteen ninety seven. I'm what most people agree is the first year of Generation Z and I have the very very faintest singular memory of what nine to eleven was like. I just remember my parents staring at the TV also, But we don't have an intimate experience as a generation to understand this concept of all being under attack, our way of life being under attack, and what that will do to your society. On the other side, that you have a choice to come together in true unity, based in truth, and based in this idea that we are one nation. Under God, or you can let evil continue to fester and continue to become more and more impactful tomorrow and every day after that. But what I think is so impactful about Charlie's death, in particular to an entire generation of people that he spoke to, even those who vehemently disagreed with him, is you're right. He was so honed in on this concept of virtue in a generation that so many people had already preemptively written off as too far gone. I've been somewhat of the Gen Z apologists for the last few years, and Charlie has always championed my voice in that regard and has written forwards for my two books and given me tons of opportunities to share good news about Generation Z on his show and with his organization, Turning Point USA for the last few years. But we've been seeing this return to culturally conservative values, with young people wanting to get married, wanting to go to church, wanting to speak their minds, wanting to challenge their own preconceived notions and get off of these indoctrinating college campuses start their own businesses. Revived this concept of the American dreams, and Charlie saw an opportunity with young people that most of those older than him didn't. I can't tell you how many times I've heard on national TV programming or radio and programs similar to this one that young people are all, you know, purple haired, non binary, insane people that have lost their minds. But Charlie saw something different. He saw a broken generation simply needed someone to speak life into them and encourage them to embrace virtue in a broken world, with young men returning to chivalry, with young women returning to godliness, and elevating ourselves as dignified in a society trying to commodify us, and with young people everywhere finding our innate dignity as made in the image of God. And of course, it's frustrating to see the vile, vitriolic responses from some of the more radical voices on the left celebrating this death or saying that this is normal somehow it's not. But I'm blown away by the number of young people, even those who vehemently disagree with Charlie during his time here on earth, who have used the past six days or so to look in the mirror and to say ost this young man's legacy is so much bigger than electing a president of the United States or reviving the Republican Party. This is about a return to beauty and what's good and true in society. And I want to be a part of that legacy too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: I do believe that Turning Point now will be so much bigger than ever. I had Charlie's pastors on this radio program yesterday, Catalina, and they were amazing people, and they believe as I do, that Turning Point is just getting started. And when Charlie came up with this idea, I don't think people gave him a lot of thought that there was a huge chance of success. But it was through sheer force of will and dedication that he got people on board to support him and his efforts. And then he did all the hard work, and he traveled to all these hostile environments and he didn't stop.
Speaker 4: Got you know, Charlie who you know I did not know so personal Isabelle and others, but I know he was exceptionally well read in history, and he knew that the fight was in the schools and in the culture wars, and that's exactly why he created Turning Point USA. And I wanted to bring up history that really highlights that threat. You know, in a nineteen sixty FBI report, Jaegger Hoover once said, during the past two years, quote, Communist spokesmen have appeared on nearly one hundred campuses from coast to coast. Their purpose to create confusion, raise questions, and spread doubt among our young people concerning American way of life. Quote. He goes on to say that, quote today the Communists are engaged in an intensive campaign to control the minds and win the allegiance of American youth. Unquote. Charlie was the counter to that. He was going to hundreds of schools coast to coast and preaching Americanism, God, good cultural values. And he was so effective in that. And think about it, you know, he was born in nineteen ninety three, and that was a report from nineteen sixty. This was decades in the making, and Charlie came in and was a pioneer in a lot of ways, Titan for Liberty to go and basically unravel all of that into Isabelle's point and to your point, Sean, preaching good and doing what was right and creating this healthy, friendly debate, This platform for us, and that's why he was so effective and so powerful.
Speaker 1: Well, I will say this about both of you, having gotten and know you both now, both Isabelle and Catalina, both of you have you know that that same energy, passion, the same principles, the same values, the same courage as Charlie. And I know that both of you will play a big role in carrying on his mission. And I want to thank you ahead of time for what I know you're going to be a big part of and what you're doing for young people. It's incalculable how important it is that they hear the message that both of you are espousing.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Sean, and thank you for honoring our beautiful friends legacy.
Speaker 2: It's just my pleasure.
Speaker 1: I knew him pretty well and I'm heartbroken over the whole thing.
Speaker 2: It really is heartbreaking. Thank you both.
Speaker 1: All right, twenty five now till the top of the hour. Eight hundred nine point one shown is on number. If you want to be a part of the program. Everyone's always looking for, rightly, so ways to save money. One way to save money not sacrifice service is switched to my cell phone Provider, a veteran owned company known as pure Talk. They use the same cell towers, same five gen network. You get the same exact service and the family average family saves over one thousand dollars a year. Businesses are saving thousands of dollars a year. And by the way, if you went the big carriers at and T, Horizon, T Mobile, can you brag about your wireless company? Did your wireless company ever, you know, give away a thousand American flags to deserving vets? Did they ever forgive ten million dollars in veteran debt? Did your company ever raise a half a million dollars to prevent veteran suicide? Because pure Talk has now, not only will you save money, get the exact same service, same cell tower, same five G network, but you know you can brag about the company that you're doing business with. Go get unlimited talk and text, plenty of data. Just twenty five bucks a month, saving the average family of fortune. Just di'al pound two to fifty. Say the keywords save now, do it now? You save in an additional fifty percent off your first month pound two fifty keywords save now, and make the switch. Pure Talk Wireless worth bragging about? I see, I don't know It's sort of like when when Charlie Kirk was being interviewed by Gavin Newsom, I have no idea where the words latinx came from.
Speaker 2: I had never heard it before.
Speaker 1: I Meanwhile, then we went back in the archives and we found example after example, never supported the right of men to play women's sports, and then we found example after example. I don't know, maybe liberals have bad memories. Latest example that idiot governor from Illinois, JB. Pritzker saying I've never called republicans Nazis. Well, we'll play that and then we'll play him calling republicans Nazis.
Speaker 2: Listen, that is completely false.
Speaker 5: I have never called republicans Nazis. Everything that he has done has been tearing down constitutional democracy, and that's what happened in Nazi Germany. It doesn't take very long to tear apart a constitutional republic. Indeed, the Nazis did it in fifty three days, and our democracy is almost as fragile, and we're seeing it right now. The dangers that we saw in you know, Nazi Germany, especially in the earliest days of Nazi Germany, are the dangers that we need to react to now. It's a five alarm fire.
Speaker 1: Everyone, it's a five alarm fire that you know. All these radical leftists just lie, you know, with unbelievable you know, casualness and just utter hypocrisy. Get to our busy phones. Tyson is in Louisiana, Tyson High. How are you glad you called?
Speaker 6: Hey, Sean super gad that you were able to take my call. It's an honor to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, the honor of mine.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Two quick points. I'm a thirty four year old here in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. A lot of similarities in my life as Charlie Kirk, you know, where both young men trying to raise our families the right way, the Christian way, if you will, and I think both of us are. I mean, I'm not as loud as he is, but I like to tell people how it is. You know, if you're gonna ask me out my faith and my beliefs, I'm gonna be blunt with you. I don't know if that's just a Southern thing, but that's my first point. Secondly, I do think that there is I don't know how you put light on this situation, but I read an article Monday that said there was thirty two thousand Turning Point USA chapters that were being applied. For a little bit of homework myself, and if we have it is.
Speaker 1: Right, thirty two thousand requests for new Turning Point USA campus chapters, thirty two thousand.
Speaker 6: I read read that, and I do just a little bit of homework. I know you don't have to be a university to hold a Turning Point USA chapter. But just if we have six thousand universities, that's over, you know, six thousand applications of university and that just shows that God is working. And you know, I think it's important that as conservatives, as Christians, we remember that it is a scary, scary world that we live. And know when you know, these people can assassinate somebody, whether it be Charlie Kirk or you know, Brandon Thompson, the CEO from the United Healthcare and just celebrate death. But just want to encourage you and encourage your audience that God is good and that we have we have the higher ground because crisis on our side, but man, it's scary.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to encourage everyone to do exactly what you're doing, and that is, you know what, don't be timid, don't be afraid and and you know what, I think this is a moment where conservatives now can be just as plain and outspoken, you know, with patience and love and kindness. Don't don't be like the radical left and live by example and not. You know, it's gotten to the point where I think kids got afraid to even mention their belief in God and mention their faith. And yet we you know, most Americans are faithful people. We are generally of very good people. We're not a perfect people. Christians are not perfect people. As a matter of fact, that the prerequisite to first become a Christian is to admit that you're wrong, Admit you know and acknowledge or fallen state, Acknowledge that you need forgiveness, acknowledge that you are incapable of changing yourself. The word repentance comes from the Latin to change one's heart.
Speaker 2: And and it's.
Speaker 1: A pretty There's there's been false perceptions of Christianity that are out there.
Speaker 2: All Christians wants to proselytize.
Speaker 1: If you want to ask me about my faith, I'll tell you what I believe, and I don't I would not be here today. I can tell you with a certainty without it. That's how important it is to me in my life, and it just is at the core of who I am. Again, not perfect, all of send them fallen short, my friend, but I'll explain my journey.
Speaker 6: I was just gonna say, there's a saying out there. It's a you cannot heal wound by saying it's not there. And that's really the only thing that separates Christians from others is that we understand we have the wound. We understand we need healing, and that's where Christ comes in. And so you know, continue to you know, praise God if you will, and you know, keep putting Christ first, and just know that there's there's hope for us. You know, there's there's hope in this scary world.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of hope in the scary world. You know, one thing is a Christian that you do understand is there's good and there's evil. But we also know how the story ends. We know it's going to get bad, because the Bible is very clear about that in the last days, but we also know how the story ends. And you know, as we've seen so much vile, future, disgusting, repulsive comments of the Left's also we've also seen incredible acts of kindness and generosity and an awakening in the country that is inspiring, you know, and I I maybe should focus more on that aspect of it.
Speaker 2: Tyson.
Speaker 1: God bless you in your journey, my friend, and appreciate you calling a great call. Ross is in my free state of Florida. Ross, how are you glad you called?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 7: Hey, mister Henny, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 2: Hey, you for calling. What's going on?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 7: Number one, I mean, Charlie Kirk was was one of one, and I think, you know, I'm roughly his age. I got a group of kids myself and just kind of preparing them for the future. And one thing that just was so amazing about mister Kirk was the way that he just had this breadth, this wealth of knowledge, and the conviction he was able to express his ideas of whether it be politics or religion or you know, civics, history, any of that. And so, as a as somebody that wants to get more involved in this type of you.
Speaker 2: Know area, where do we start?
Speaker 7: It's a little bit overwhelming when you listen to him and how how easy it is for him to talk about this and Obviously that takes years of research and reading and whatnot. So in order for us to kind of carry his legacy on where where is a good place for us to start and kind of build that wealth of knowledge that he had?
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, you already have it. You just may not know how how deeply you have it. The fact that you have it in your heart and it's your desire and it's within you, you know, just let it overcome you and immerse yourself in it and follow the path that God has obviously put you on. You know, I am a very firm believer that every human being was created by God with a purpose and that is the fundamental you know, meaning of the word education from Latin, and that you know, all of us were born with talent and ability and it's unique and very specific for every individual. And obviously your heart is calling you in this direction to contribute. Maybe it means just volunteering at your local church. Maybe it means devoting yourself a little bit more deeply to your family, your fought, your kids. Uh, maybe it's you know, doubling down on what your value system is.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Look, I can tell you right now, there's probably people right now that are in their car and they're probably driving to do something they know they shouldn't be doing. What do you think the odds of that are probably pretty high.
Speaker 2: Right, pretty high?
Speaker 1: Yes, you know what I want to say to that person. Turn around, go home to your family. Don't do it. People that are about to do drugs, don't do it. Go seek out help, you know, make a phone call, Call call a friend, call a family member, you know, call a hotline, whatever you need to do, and and use this moment because we really only have the moment. You know, the past is the past, the future is then here. So you live in the moment. And I believe you know, if you if, for example, Moses, what did Moses? What did God tell Moses? You know, when Moses asked, well, who should I say?
Speaker 2: Sent me? I am what?
Speaker 1: Does that imply always was, always, will be ever present, omnipotent. And you know, I look at the beauty and the majesty of creation, and I just know that the hand of God is all over it. And you know, if the Bible tells us that every grain of sand on the beach is counted, in the hairs of our head are counted, I kind of have a lot of confidence that that God knows what he's doing and will guide all of us if we desire and seek him out. I really just think it's a matter of opening your heart and wanting it. I don't think it's any more complicated than that, and it will come into your heart. And I've experienced it in my own life. I don't talk a lot about it, but I guess this is as good a time as any to do.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 2: All right, it sounds like how old are you kids?
Speaker 7: By the way, from eight down to four months?
Speaker 1: How many kids in total? God bless you. I had two and that was hard. So don't just be there for them. Just take them to church every week. Start there and talk to them. Yes, sir, you know, I'm glad as my kids have gotten older. You know, I've gotten closer and closer and closer and closer to them. There's nothing we can talk about. Nothing they can tell their dad anything. Rosscott busher Man appreciate it. Eight hundred ninety four one, Sean, if you want to be a part of the program. Kim and Delaware. Hey Kim, how are you?
Speaker 8: I'm well, Shawn, thank you so much for taking my call.
Speaker 2: I thank you for calling thank you.
Speaker 8: I'm listening to everybody talk about our fear, and I think that I know for me, that's the biggest problem is. Leading up till last Wednesday, I was I was just afraid. I'm afraid of offending somebody. I'm not going to say something about my faith or my belief because I'm afraid that I'm going to offend someone who doesn't agree with me. But of course they're free to say things to offend me. And after Wednesday, I just realized that there's a whole population. Really, as cliche as it is, it's the silent majority, and we're just we're realizing that it's time for us to be loud. The far last is so loud, and it's time for us to show that they're not the majority. They're just really loud. But it's time for us to be louder and to not be afraid.
Speaker 1: I say all the time, let not your heart be troubled. Right you believe in God, you believe in me. Peace I leave with you my peace. I give to you, not as the world gives, but as I give. Let not your heart be trouble, neither let it be afraid. I don't I don't want to ever live my life in fear, and it has directed me in my life. You know we use terms like in sports, no fear, no fear right. Well, I think that's also a good motto to live life under right, no fear, that you're not going to let fear consume you in your life or or or I tell my kids all the time, don't care what other people think about you, or else you can't live, I said. I asked them, do you think I could do my job if I cared with the people that hate me think about me.
Speaker 2: I could not do my job well.
Speaker 8: And I think that's where so many of us on the right have fallen. Is that where it's like I put my flag at half mass my personal flag at half masks, and my first thought when I did that was maybe I shouldn't do this. What if they burned my house down and I still did it? But that's so so awful that that's my first thought is instead of supporting honoring this man who was assassinated, I'm afraid of what people will say, what they will do, because it's just gotten so ugly.
Speaker 1: You know something, I appreciate your blunt honesty. God bless you appreciate it. Eight hundred ninety four to one, Seawn, you want to be a part of the program.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: That's gonna wrap things up for today.
Speaker 1: Hannity Tonight, nine Eastern on the Fox News Channel, Fireworks with Cash Bettel on Capitol Hill. We'll have all the coverage, We'll get reaction. Jim Jordan, Jason Chafitz will join us. Also, Jack Chadarelli, running for governor New Jersey, has a message for his radical opponent. We'll get into that. Sage steal tonight, Hugh Hewitt Tonight, Ryan's previous tonight. Say you DVR Hannity Tonight, nine Eastern on the Fox News Channel. We'll see you then back here tomorrow. Thank you for making this show possible.