Speaker 1: He is drink Chants, motherfucking podcast makes He's a legends every queen's rapper.
Speaker 2: He ain't agreed as your boy in O R E.
Speaker 3: He's a Miami hip hop poneer put up as d J E f N. Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players you know, me and the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink.
Speaker 1: Chans mother every days New Ye see, that's it's time for drink champions.
Speaker 4: Drink up, mother.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna keep your rail off top. Do anybody got switches? The bide got switches? Goddamn? Is somebody for my drink already?
Speaker 5: Got damn?
Speaker 2: That's masterless Billy blunds. Jesus, how's everybody doing tonight? Make some names started to show started to show because our community, uh people always say, you know, when you got ten years in this, you're washed up or you're gone. But this is something in this world that's called legends, that's called icons. And the two people that we are interviewing today are legendary. They are icons. They raised some of you, some of you people, moms and pops was fucking to their music. Look at Big Boy while you look away, oh ship the legends just soyo, with no further ado. I just think we're gonna we don't even do a regular intro because you know why, they don't need no goddamn intro. That's motherfucking the time extra di Z in the building. Okay, Now I'm gonna say, I'm gonna keep it one hundred with y'all. I was over there and they got to play me the dre and snoop material. I could not stop smiling because you guys sound just as young as you did when you when when?
Speaker 6: When?
Speaker 2: When? When it first got? How the hell do you still have that passion?
Speaker 6: So you're basically calling us all right now, no.
Speaker 2: Hold on, this is ging juice right here right, Yes, it is that yes, yeah, So how do you how do you keep that same passion after all these years?
Speaker 6: Just the love for the music and the love for hip hop and what I do, and I just love being creative. I would do this ship if I was a plumber or something. It's just something I love to do. Unfortunately, I've been able to make money at my passion, which is the ultimate, the ultimate. I ain't fam there for everyone right to do what you love to do and make money yet it and make a living at it and be able to not only take care of your family, but your friends and everybody that you care about. So that's my mission.
Speaker 7: But what was what finally was able to get a project past the finish line? Now it's been a while, Like, what what was it special about this moment for you?
Speaker 6: Well, it has to be a brotherhood, of course. It's just like I don't just go in the studio and just work out a card and just give a track out for money. We never talk about money, you know, we just going to studio and work, you know. So I got to really fuck with you and have a love and respect for you for me to go in the studio and do my thing. So you know, this is my brother. And we've been knowing each other for well as actually we've been knowing each other for more than thirty years, but we've been working together since. But the first album that I produced two years ago, right, it was thirty years ago, was well a little more than thirty years ago. It was nineteen ninety three when I produced his first album, Doggy Style.
Speaker 2: And uh yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then we circle back and I don't know what the fuck. I don't know why the fuck it took this long for us to circle back and get down, but we're in there now. When you know, Snoop came in and allowed me to get down the way I get down. And you know, I feel like this is, uh, some of my best work because my mentality for the musicianship and everything that goes into doing this shit. But then those twelve notes has just advanced so much. So yeah, I feel like, right now today this is some of my best work.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie to you. I was sitting back there and I'm looking at the crowd walking and I'm like, I'm just looking at everybody. I'm like, you don't know what the fuck I'm listening to right now. I mean, like, I know you're a humble guy, but you do know you're the greatest producer of all time.
Speaker 6: I hear that.
Speaker 7: I thank you.
Speaker 2: I knew you was some more off time because we did a zoom call and you said thank you for doing this, and I was like, he just think us. I was like, we was like, thank you for assuming.
Speaker 6: I mean, nobody's ever mad at humility right right, But.
Speaker 2: It's like I heard, for real say one time that he sees sound right. I still don't understand what he means by that, right colors.
Speaker 6: Ok, But so there's something in those twelve notes. Just imagine this, since I think since the sixteen hundreds we've there's only been twelve notes for all the music that's been created, which is fascinated to me. Just twelve notes, all right, So if you really think about that, it's fucking amazing to vision. I just to think about how many songs have been done since that time, for hundreds of years, within just twelve notes, right. So, I mean, I'm nerd out right now.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's great, that's new. I spoke to you the on one day and.
Speaker 6: I was wondering when he was gonna get Yeah, yeah, what the.
Speaker 4: Fuck is gonna I'm getting warmed up right now? Yeah? Yeah, you know you got to turn the oven on.
Speaker 6: Let it give him the spotlight. We're here right now.
Speaker 8: The reason why we're study right now me question now because I didn't.
Speaker 2: Realize how dope our conversation was. We had spoke right and you said, he said, because I'm gonna get with you at the Olympics, and then you hung up, and I did not realize you're talking about the real Olympics. So I'm like, what Olympics is that he was?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Both know, he's like he was like after the Olympics, and then I didn't realize I had that information. As a journalist, I could have said something and then like.
Speaker 7: Two days he saw you way early, like two weeks.
Speaker 2: That didn't make the story. But he he didn't take the ball roun with it.
Speaker 6: I didn't tell you something. Snoop works harder than anybody I know. He'll be at my house one day, right and then like tomorrow he'll send me a picture on a camel standing by a fucking pyramid, like it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yes, the first time we interviewed you, this is when.
Speaker 6: I knew how powerful you were.
Speaker 2: We checked into the hotel and they gave us shower caps. Why they knew you were going to smoke.
Speaker 8: Or they put the shower camp bed over the fire and we still blew the ship out.
Speaker 4: You remember what the is the shower camp ship arms the alarmness put the shower cap over there and smoke.
Speaker 8: Now you knew exactly what to do.
Speaker 6: Jump right in on that.
Speaker 2: Un It's my technique. This is a question. This is is a personal question for me that I always wanted to know. After the East Coast West Coast, you know the termory that whatever happened right, there was a record that came out for my two friends Big Pun and Fat Joe and they did deep Cover over and at first before the dropped, we didn't know what's that? Was that something? And then the video dropped and we seen Snoop was actually in the video. But they actually took y'all record and made it.
Speaker 4: They gave it more life.
Speaker 2: My opinion was because sometimes when the person does my record over, I don't like it. He hates it. I hate it like it's not if they don't make it just as good.
Speaker 8: But that's that's when hip hop was hip hop. So for them to take it, they knew that they had the hip hop on it one and Fat Joe went hard on that record they did and fast crazy Fat Joe called me personally and was like, the fuck with you?
Speaker 4: We want you to be in this video. I'm like, nigga, get down, what I gotta do.
Speaker 8: It came to my house, shot to part and that and that's me and him became like this. So it wasn't about East West it was about love. I love what he was doing. He wanted me to be a part of. But I was never afraid to fuck with people from anywhere. It was never met pushing that line. You know, I just was defending my side.
Speaker 6: That I'm like, I love, I love what they did to that record. Man.
Speaker 2: So you literally literally little yeah, whole ship was crazy.
Speaker 7: Today's actually coincidentally the anniversary of two thousand and one the Crown twenty five years Let's let's.
Speaker 2: Take a shot to that. Let me let me get a shot. I'm gonna take a shot.
Speaker 4: Fuck up twenty five years old.
Speaker 6: Do see where you at? What's up? Big boy?
Speaker 8: You your nigga sitting in the front row like a regular nigga. I'm glad y'all got his ass squeezed in. Got that nigga squeezed in between swab and right squeeze his ass in.
Speaker 6: You know you wasn't gonna get away with that.
Speaker 8: No first class ship today, nigga, this is not California, nigga. Treat that nigga like a regular nigga asking Warris ticket at right now?
Speaker 2: Somebody so so so dre, let me ask you something, what is one of your favorite records that you worked on that it was not yours.
Speaker 6: Ship The next one, I don't know, man, that was not mine that I worked on. Please explain that a record that I worked on that wasn't mine. I don't know. I don't know how to answer that question.
Speaker 4: Okay, A song that you produced with somebody that you a song that I.
Speaker 6: Produced, like maybe the Firm Phone Tap? I really like you know, I worked with nas A Z and Nature on that song, and that was one of the times when you.
Speaker 4: Were still using that show on his radio show, he owe you money for that.
Speaker 6: Big still use that phone tap? That's right.
Speaker 4: I don't think he ever paid you.
Speaker 2: Come never that nigga. Never even talk to me about money. When being the front road goes wrong, I still love it.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you how to know what you was in store for coming here, how big?
Speaker 2: Let me tell you how dope your life is. Doctor j Is. When we spoke the other day, I said, you know, I know I met you before we worked on the Firm album. You was the one who played I'm leaving on the Firm album for me. You was the one who did that, and you co signed me being on the Firm album. That's how dope your life is. You don't even remember you could change my life and don't even remember trying hard to remember.
Speaker 6: Yo, I'm actually a little bit embarrassed, right, No.
Speaker 2: No, So how was that working on the East East Coast album? Because you know, predominantly you you fully produced the n w A. But then you get a chance to work with Nas is arguably one of the lyricists and he says, I want to come with my crew. Was that it's a different process working with East Coast artists, working with you.
Speaker 6: When I go in the studio with somebody, I'm not thinking about where you live, where you're from, East Coast, West Coast and all that bullshit. It was complete bullshit that caused a lot of motherfucking violence, danger to our culture and what we do. That was really unnecessary. So I wasn't thinking about it in that way. What I was thinking about was working with an artist that I really love and respect Nas, So you know that that was it, That was the draw for me. So I got a chance to get in the room with this amazing artist and we just created something that I thought was spectacular, you know, meaning Phone Tap. I thought that was a really fun record and that was one of the times that there was no managers or anything like that in the studio and it was just us artists just in there, just free to be creative.
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel like you guys started something as well. Right Can y'all put the spotlight on Snoop? It's both y'all right now.
Speaker 6: The super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Time need to get your ship off here.
Speaker 2: Alumni, he's like the third host right now.
Speaker 4: Look at my uniform, dream already on the team this.
Speaker 2: Look at the reason why we're in here right now. Let me ask y'all, since y'all performed at the super Bowl and that super Bowl happened to be in Los Angeles, it's this big thing that's going on right now that everyone thinks that whatever the super Bowl takes place, the artist that's there, it's supposed to know.
Speaker 8: What we need to think about is that before jay Z got control of the Super Bowl, was no niggas performing. So let's go back to the essence of the beginning of Breach. He's creating a wave of artists to have an opportunity to perform. If you're good artist, and you're a great artist, your time will come. Like I was never crying about it or mad about it. When doctor Dray called me and asked me to get his back, I was there for him, but I didn't feel like I was supposed to be there.
Speaker 4: I was, you know, in demand to be there. This is a big event.
Speaker 8: People looking at everything when they pick the person to perform. You should just be honored that, you know, hip hop is being able to be seen on that platform for all of us. And not hate on the next man, but be happy.
Speaker 2: We had you on the show after the super Bowl and you spoke about game and was there anybody that you felt like you left on stage or you was good with it?
Speaker 6: No? I was good. It was perfect.
Speaker 2: That's it. Nobody get no cigars.
Speaker 4: I got some backwoods.
Speaker 2: I spoke a backwood. I like, oh, what is time for flowers?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: Yes, lets, our show is about giving people their flowers while they're alive. While they're doing it, Dre, you haven't been able to be on our show. And our show is based on giving people their motherfucking flowers while they're alive, Snoop, and Snoop says. Snoop says, this is better than the Grammy because it comes from your motherfucking people. To everybody in the motherfucking house. Make some noise for motherfucking doctor, dre stoop dope.
Speaker 6: Get you. Yes, that's dope.
Speaker 2: So let me let me ask you. I'm sorry to have it all on you, but let me ask you something. As anybody ever told you, I appreciate it any I ever told you no, because I feel like you one of those people that no one says no to. Oh shit, is that quick?
Speaker 6: What you said no to?
Speaker 2: Snoop?
Speaker 8: I say no all the time, but he do too. But that's what that's what a brotherhood is about.
Speaker 6: It depends on you know the question, you know, and the no.
Speaker 4: Is not mean no.
Speaker 8: It's like we're trying to make each other better. So the no is usually because we think we can do better.
Speaker 4: That's what the no is.
Speaker 8: It's never like no, I ain't fucking with you. Is no, I think we can do something better than that.
Speaker 6: That's the drawn fuck suck Wait.
Speaker 2: Snoop said no to a drake beat ever.
Speaker 8: Always he said this. Nigga sent me beats one hundred beats all the time. And this is how you know. I don't fuck with it. I don't say nothing.
Speaker 2: A real relationship.
Speaker 6: But if I funk with it.
Speaker 8: He getting all kind of emojis, and yeah, Drake got the emojis.
Speaker 6: I'm always up at like six am sing sentence Snoop tracks and ship like that, and then you know, I don't hear ship, and then every now and then it's like non fire emojis, you know. So, yeah, that's that's what it is.
Speaker 4: That's my niggas when he put that one out.
Speaker 2: So at one point, right, it wasn't like y'all wasn't messing with each other, but it was like Snoop was doing his own thing. You was doing your own thing. How did that time feel to you guys? Being separated?
Speaker 8: To me, it felt it felt good because I was able to show.
Speaker 4: Doctor Dre that I was. I was who I was.
Speaker 8: That's the reason why he was fucking with me. And I was always trying to impress Doctor Dred. And the part that he didn't understand was every fucking producer I worked with would always ask me about him. They would play his records that we made, or they would play the song that we made.
Speaker 4: Even when we did drop it like It's Hot.
Speaker 8: Arell called this nigga to the studio and I told him, I'm fing to go to the car and get some blunts, and I left because I didn't want to be in there to hear this nigga to say that he didn't like the record.
Speaker 6: But after he heard story.
Speaker 8: That nigga called me, it was like, Nigga, that motherfucker fire hot.
Speaker 6: Yes, I saw of my favorite records that Snoop did.
Speaker 8: That made me feel good and I was able to impress doctor Drake because it's all his students. You got to understand, we all thrive on impressing him when we not with him, because he's so exceptional when he's with us. So it's a demand of that level that we demand from the producers for real timblin.
Speaker 4: These niggas they always.
Speaker 8: Put the up against him, and when they making records for me, they're like, man, I don't know, man, what you think Drake Gonay?
Speaker 4: I'm like, why the fuck is you worry about what he man?
Speaker 8: If Dre don't like it, man, I'm like, he ain't gonna like the motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: I imagine this problem. I don't know why I'm in those conversations. Set the bar, you set the bar.
Speaker 6: Cut yeah, Okay.
Speaker 7: I imagine that this project probably felt different because before it was the mentor and the student, and it's like the student n't graduating.
Speaker 2: You guys are more than you.
Speaker 6: No wash, Wait, hold on, let me tell you what the fuck I'm dealing with.
Speaker 4: Man, tell you.
Speaker 6: So when we started, I'm like, snoop, let's do this fuck a right, and he was like, yeah, we could get this done in two weeks.
Speaker 4: Did you say that two weeks? I did say that, what.
Speaker 6: The fuck we're gonna do in two weeks? Two songs?
Speaker 8: I was trying to lock you into getting this shit to come out.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, that's what we're doing now. No.
Speaker 8: I knew if I got two weeks with you that that would be a solid two weeks. But then it turned from two weeks to after we finished two weeks.
Speaker 2: Nah, nigga, keep it a buck. You wanted to do the whole album in two weeks.
Speaker 8: I did because you was on one. You had a thousand beats, you had a gang of shit over there. You was energetic, you was ready to go, and I was ready to go.
Speaker 6: See what I'm dealing with.
Speaker 4: But then he said, just give me two days. I game two days. It's give me two more days. Just give me two more days.
Speaker 8: It's been two more days since we started, but we're at the finish line and those two days are great days because we make exceptional music and we push each other and it's the funnest time I've ever had working with him and his crew, because he got a hell of a crew that he don't speak on it.
Speaker 4: I want to speak on the ic U.
Speaker 8: He got some bad motherfuckers with him that they don't do nothing but put their hand down and they work and they make sure that the project is effective. So I want to get him a shout out because it's a pleasure working with you.
Speaker 6: I got an amazing team from my Smitty Khan, Coco, all of my you know, uh fucking focus Fred record is in here, Eric, Yeah, Griz, It's just like a team of us appreciate it. So it's a team of us that we come in there and we get down and I don't know what we do more music or laugh, but it's a whole it's a whole situation. Every day we come in there and it's just fun. I don't even know what we call it work.
Speaker 8: But remember you saying that the student I graduated, this is the trip about this project. I turned back into the student, but even more of a student. When I was a student the first time, I was like going to the board righting ideas, and I think this should happen this time as a student. I set my ass in class and let the teacher teach, Let the teacher produce and engage and tell me, direct me and show me. So it was more of a like I'm going back to first in that mode.
Speaker 6: That's actually what happened. We're both we we don't get in each other's way. I do my ship, he does this ship and then boom, it's magic.
Speaker 2: Are y'all in the same room or do you do?
Speaker 6: You? What the fuck?
Speaker 4: Don't see where you at?
Speaker 6: He right there?
Speaker 2: The fuck that you just say, no, no, no, nose. You know why we're in the same room. One time I worked with Premier and Permit just got in the zone and he just went in in the room by himself, in the preproduction room, and he just made the beat. And when he came't he walked over and he raised every bat. He played me.
Speaker 4: Doctor Drake Cook and the motherfucking cake fro front of everybody, and then one of those.
Speaker 6: The room, hold on, let him tell you, I don't know what the fuck that is. She was just talking.
Speaker 2: I just said, some producers do that. I've seen for Man do that. I seen for Real do that. Go on his own and just kick everybodyself of my favorite producers. But however, you make beats in front of everybody, Go ahead.
Speaker 8: Doctor Drake cooks the motherfucking dish in front of everybody.
Speaker 4: He put the motherfucking.
Speaker 8: Lady ingredients side on the table and he cooked that ship. And whatever's in the motherfucking room. We know how to take every piece what's in that room and make that shit fit. And then at the same time, the production ain't right until he says right, So we can say the song is done, but he gonna go listen to it. Then he's gonna add some pieces to it, and it's gonna it's gonna be fully it's gonna be fully loaded, locked and loaded.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I'll do for doctor dre Be.
Speaker 4: You gotta have a whole lot of money, cuz right here, it's all right.
Speaker 6: You're working on it right now.
Speaker 2: No, I'm coming out of the time. Were on the record, right, You got method Man on a new album too.
Speaker 6: Yes, method Man came through it was shiny bla fabulous Yeah. Yeah, he came through, not only for a song on Snoop's album. He killed the second verse. It was like, actually one of my favorite parts in the album, the song It is Nuts. So, and we did a short movie for the release of the album. It's a ten minute short movie. That's craziest shit. And method Man blessed us and did the narration over the movie. So yeah, so that's gonna come out right before the album drops. The album drops December thirteenth, and hopefully this movie comes out December ninth. Goddamn shameless plug, shameless plug.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take a shot to this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let him getting drunk.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so let's talk about this one second, because I remember at first you had that this.
Speaker 6: Is okay, this is the part that Jimmy Where is Jimmy head?
Speaker 2: I think right over there?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, oh there he is. Yeah, this is the part that Jimmy's been waiting for. Okay, that's my man.
Speaker 8: Saw were pushing the product right now, hold on. So what we did was we start with the can first, right because we wanted to make it easy grab. We wanted to have everybody moving and grooving to it, So we came with the can.
Speaker 4: Then we moved on to.
Speaker 6: The pre mixed.
Speaker 2: Right, it's already mixed, already.
Speaker 4: Mixed gin and juice, already ready.
Speaker 6: This is the business right here.
Speaker 4: You understand me, Ready to go, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: The ladies really love it. And then we wanted to come with the next level was the steal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is my ship. You send me that, You send me this, and.
Speaker 4: I know that won't cost too much.
Speaker 8: See the bottle, this is send you some can.
Speaker 2: No motherfuckers, not trying to but take a shot of this. Please, did you drink it?
Speaker 4: I got to hand you the bottle. Nord that ship laughing to break.
Speaker 6: I did that bottle and he's amazing. Cheers.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie, toll, I ain't gonna lie to you. Move. But it's smooth. Yeah, I'm not even a ginger and this is smooth.
Speaker 6: It's smooth, and it's gonna fuck you up.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and this is in stores yet, let me get a little bit. Yeah, yeah, is this in stores?
Speaker 4: Jo, hello, sun shine, because you bring me mind.
Speaker 6: Jimmy's right there. You can ask him what mmy.
Speaker 2: We need Jimmy to have a Mic over there. He's not gonna come up here, but let's let's talk about that for a second. You and Jimmy's relationship, it seems like it's been like it's been impeccable, Like you know what I'm saying, Like most people say, you know that, you know how bad the music industry is, but then you got examples like you and him who had this great, you know, a relationship, Like how did that start?
Speaker 6: That's a great question. Jimmy and I we have a massive amount of love and respect for each other. And one of the things that makes Jimmy so great is that he was a music producer that produced a shipload of fucking crazy working with some amazing artists from Bruce Springs Thing to John Lennon and all of this. So we understand he understands what it takes to do what I do. That's one of the reasons for our friendship. And not only that, we have a personal relationship that's just unbelievable. We talk all the time, and every time we talk we have laughter and the whole nine and again, it's a massive amount of love and respect. So that is just the foundation, just the tip of the iceberg of what our relationship is.
Speaker 2: God damn, that's hard. Let's make some noise for that. Got damn, that was hard.
Speaker 7: I want to go back a little bit here, Okay, Dray, Was there ever a blueprint that you followed or an inspiration to start doing collaborative projects like the first being The Chronic where you were grabbing people, whether it be underground casts or unsigned artists and bringing them together to make a queees of project. Like there was nothing like The Chronic when it first came out.
Speaker 6: Well, fortunately for me, I was extremely naive, thinking that they're supposed to be one producer on an album, right, So that's how I attempted it. From in deb you wage straight out of Compton. You know, I'm producing all of this shit. The Chronic album is just me. From Doggie Style Stoop's album, it was I thought, you have one artist and one producer. Fortunately I was naive at that time and was able to accomplish that. And that happened all the way up through the early two thousands with Eminem's I think first three or four albums it was just us, you know, and then we then we decided to collaborate on get Rich or DoD trying with fifty cents. First album, it was just me and Eminem. He produced the first half and I produced the second half. So that was fun. And it's just finding an artist that it's like Snoop or Eminem or ice Cube or anything like that. Find an artist like that that you cannot only produce, maintain a friendship with, and have a love and other shit with is amazing and that's what I look for. So that's what it is to me as a producer, you know. And also finding people to collaborate with is a skill in itself, you know.
Speaker 7: So yeah, because you put people out of the underground, whether it be adfar Eye or cast you know, legends like like King T and you'll make these records that people wouldn't think that these artists with dre what what that would be. It's like, you're not scared to take a chance on these artists. I'm here something not it makes sense for your project.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no risk, no reward. I mean, you know, I'm not mad at taking risks. You know, I failed at times, but I've learned from those failures. So yeah, and the way I think has put me in this position in my life, which is fucking fantastic, you know, And I'm like, damn, don't finch me.
Speaker 7: I guess the cliche is that we think hip hop would take it this far.
Speaker 6: Huh. How about that we're here because of hip hop?
Speaker 4: Facts? Absolutely what I'm talking. God comes down, Snoop America.
Speaker 6: God comes down your time.
Speaker 2: God comes down, and God's having a meeting with you, one on one. And God is like, Yo, Snoop on the load. It's between me and you. You gotta make one record, save humanity. This one record's gonna change the World's gonna save humanity. Who's gonna be the producer and who's gonna be the feature?
Speaker 6: Oh? Ship mm hmm?
Speaker 4: To change humanity?
Speaker 2: Yeah, save the motherfucking world.
Speaker 4: Can I can I grab somebody from from death? Not here no more? Oh yes, because I'm talking this is God.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's God dead all live.
Speaker 8: I've got that, so God can raise the dead, right, he could be with them niggas.
Speaker 4: Okay, forget it down.
Speaker 8: So what I'm gonna do with as a producer, I'm gonna I'm gonna double up on the production, right.
Speaker 2: Okay, double up two?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Okay, it's gonna be I could drink quincy Jones's Christy Jones.
Speaker 6: That's great company right there.
Speaker 4: Amazing.
Speaker 8: Watch this, watch this left hook. You said humanity to change the world, right, got to get Marvin.
Speaker 2: Gay One those in I'm just I'm just hear that the record.
Speaker 8: Those four in one room, Marvin, Snooth, Quincy and Drake with God overseeing it.
Speaker 2: God's executive producers.
Speaker 6: What's going on.
Speaker 2: I'm taking, Yeah, I'm taking.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take a shot to that.
Speaker 6: Take a shot.
Speaker 8: I'm taking the shot that that's that wasn't bad for me a little bit with your heavy ass hand, niggata.
Speaker 2: Give me a shot to the bottle.
Speaker 4: Girl, This nigga made my whole drink too.
Speaker 6: I gonna lie you got Yeah, this must be special because this nigga don't even really drink. Yeah, you know what he does.
Speaker 8: I fuck with y'all are once in a while, but nigga got ship to do.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I so s missionary. Yes, we got some records. And by the way, crowd, I did not know that these brothers, they love y'all so much that I wanted to be the only person that heard these five records. I want to share it with y'all. We're gonna play some records today. They records for y'all.
Speaker 6: Okay, so let me hold up. I was funny about this because I don't want to be I don't usually want to be in the room where my music is being played. And that's one. Two. There's gonna be a song that's played that I'm not finished with yet. So it's a demo of a song we just did. What was it.
Speaker 4: It's called thank thank you.
Speaker 6: It's called thank It's called thank you, and I'm not done when it's a demo and fuck it, play that first, but.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, hold on, but on thank you, on thank you?
Speaker 6: Wait wait, wait, we're not supposed to play thank you first.
Speaker 2: Okay, out to blue Jimmy had Jimmy had the request. We wanted to say.
Speaker 8: Gorgeous first, right, because gorgeous out Now to the echo, it's out. Just in case those that didn't hear it. Let I'm gonna get a bucket play okay, hold on, hold.
Speaker 2: Hold on, but before we get to that, you say on thank you, say things just ain't the same for gangsters. You said that back then, but you said it again, you repeated, Doctor Dre said Okay, that was my record. Things still ain't the same for gangsters.
Speaker 8: It's not it's not they're telling now mmmm, but they've been telling U snoop. Not at this rate they telling and they become gangsters. See it's about that answer.
Speaker 2: You don't like that one.
Speaker 8: It used to be when you told you wasn't gangster. Now you're telling and you becoming gangst Like that's that. Ain't the book I read out of God damn it.
Speaker 2: Before this?
Speaker 6: This the me Why do you be rich? Why do you become rich and then decide to become.
Speaker 2: Against That doesn't make any sense. It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna stop practicing. Let's say, universe, that's a whole different commed.
Speaker 4: You see me, we got I started that way.
Speaker 8: Look at me now. Yes, you're supposed to reverse the brainwashed. You know what I'm saying. When I was brainwashed, I was pushing that line. Now my line is love, peace, unity, no division, just bringing everybody together.
Speaker 6: We're not only doing now, we're building schools, we're doing all of this shit and we're taking care of our community, our community, and we're giving back. So that's what we're on. So just imagine the trajectory of where we were in nineteen ninety three and where we are now.
Speaker 4: Shit banging ain't damn it just wasn't legit.
Speaker 2: Before we play the music, No, no, because I want to yeah, ago, because I want I want to ask this because in hip hop, we have so many great movies, right, and then we have you know, the biopic move right and straight out of content.
Speaker 6: Ship. It was the Ship.
Speaker 2: I love that movie.
Speaker 8: It was I know them niggas and didn't know that story. So that was beautiful for me to see it as I was a teenager on the sideline watching that story and then to see it come to life, it was beautiful. They told it very well. The actors were very believable. The direction, I.
Speaker 6: Mean yeah, I loved everything about the process of that. The actors all new actors that we've never heard of scene before, and they killed it. Gary f Gary Gray killed it. He directed it, and yeah, I just yeah, I love it. I'm proud of it came out what you said.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, I'm rugging.
Speaker 6: She smelled good. I didn't even see that.
Speaker 8: And he get my blood out of my bag and we got a live audience because you know what it is.
Speaker 6: By the way. I didn't. I didn't even know we were doing this with a live audience. This is yeah, but neither this is cool. With that being said, this is such an honor. But I hope that one day we could get you in the drink Champs set.
Speaker 2: Yes, the real dream. That's what I thought, Jesus, listen, Jesus, but that's what I thought.
Speaker 6: I was doing it, and that right away.
Speaker 2: You know, you're like, so, do you think that Straight Out of Confident was a success because most of the people are still here? Snoop or you think no.
Speaker 8: I think it was a success because it was a beautiful story on paper. A great movie starts on paper. The script was amazing. Then they found actors that were believable that really, you know, made you feel like you was watching those characters on screen, and it had heart and had soul and it had a beautiful ending. You've seen doctor dre go off and say, what's the name of that weak ass label Nigga? After math Nigga and walked out Nigga. That ship was so.
Speaker 4: Gangster coldest seeing the motherfucking.
Speaker 2: Movie shout Out the CHOREO cried when I seen.
Speaker 6: Shout Out to Corey Hawkins who played my character, because the day I met him, I'm like, okay, he looks nothing like me, but we pushed that aside and his performance was just like, Okay, he got it. And it's really crazy because his voice sounds similar to mine, and I just like, I stay in touch for him because of that. He's an amazing actor. Again, his name is Corey Hawkins.
Speaker 2: How about you, snoop, did you not like the dude's voice because you did the voice right boy, and and the character, No, I wasn't you. That was the voice. That was the thing. He did a voiceover like it's a game or something.
Speaker 8: Nigga, the actor nigga, look Keith man, nigga was sound like you like that isn't it was?
Speaker 6: Keith is amazing. Ain't seen his worry up.
Speaker 2: Nobody else thought that ship no fuck y'all man, So I don't know.
Speaker 6: Look Keith, come on man, this nigga lo.
Speaker 4: Keith fash feel is an amazing actor.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 8: I honor that he played me in that movie. I didn't even know I was gonna be in that movie. That's what fucked me up. I was just thinking that it was gonna be.
Speaker 6: W a yeah.
Speaker 4: Then when they got to that point, I'm like, oh, Ship, I'm in.
Speaker 8: This moment, nigga, we told you stopped playing. But you could tell me that. But certain things you say can get cut out of a motherfucking movie and be left on the floor in the editing room.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you some funny Ship. Right when I first heard straight out of Comfton, I thought it was a jail. It was like, I don't never want to go to Compton. That was the power, that was the power that was about. I was wow, Okay, I was literally scared of n w A like from the music. Yeah, like like I could because we like we were used to African medallions at the time, and then where it came. I was like, straight out of Oh.
Speaker 6: That's why it worked, you know what I mean. We just we're just making music, right. All we don't want is making music and having fun, being creative and writing and let's see what it's gonna do, and if it's to chrain some mindsets or temperatures to what's going on. But that's what we were doing at the time. I was, you know, twenty years old making that music and a little bit reckless, of course, but you know that's what we were doing as kids and adolescens and creating and making music, and that's what came out.
Speaker 7: But it was so powerful about NWA, I think for hip hop and for me, like personally, NWA and Public Enemy.
Speaker 2: Were my favorite groups of all time, right.
Speaker 7: And I feel like what happened in hip hop at that moment is that you guys can conveyed an emotion that hip hop and rap wasn't doing at the time.
Speaker 2: Like, like he said, he was scared to come down, I was scared. We was like whoa, whoa, Yo, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Isn't that what we're supposed to do. That's a part of entertainment. It's like, you know, you go to a fucking horror movie to get fucking scared.
Speaker 2: Hip Hop wasn't doing that yet.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, I know it wasn't, but that's the way I decided to do it, you know. So it's like it's all entertainment and we're supposed to touch certain oceans and that ship, right, whether you're scared, whether you're like fuck you, I don't like what you say, we're still touching an emotion with that ship, which means it's entertaining, right, That's our job to entertain. So like it or not, you're still listening to it. You had you actually comment on that ship, so you were entertained in some type of world, right.
Speaker 2: I think it was a positive thing. Yeah, so.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, uh see, like, shut the fuck up, play the music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want that.
Speaker 6: I want that.
Speaker 2: I actually don't have.
Speaker 8: Nobody actually said, yeah, we ready for the track park.
Speaker 6: These motherfucker's talking too much.
Speaker 2: Y'all want to hear the track for the tracks? Yes, okay, So I'll drink some jin and juice while you're doing it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, bring I'm kind of nervous right now.
Speaker 2: Somebody take another shot and make sure you're gonna listen to Missionary.
Speaker 6: So what what?
Speaker 2: What record do we want to start with? Out the Blue? Out the Blue?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 4: Because it's out the blow.
Speaker 6: Now, I think this is one of the songs. I think I'm on two songs on the entire album, two out of the sixteen, and this is one of the songs that I'm on, and it's a part of the short movie that we just did. So let's see if you guys enjoy it.
Speaker 2: They gonna enjoy it, trust me. You got to queue up. Is everybody ready, because I mean I know the crowd ready, I'm talking about to.
Speaker 6: Think we're gonna play four songs, right, okay, yeah, all right, so this one is out of the blue, Out of the blue. Yeah, ready, don't.
Speaker 4: Can't turn that ship up. You ain't got to run that out night.
Speaker 9: Make these motherfucker kick.
Speaker 6: Up house and I need more highs.
Speaker 4: Back in business.
Speaker 6: This ship I've been smoking.
Speaker 4: It's highly recommended record this all of money because pushing.
Speaker 6: The limited high.
Speaker 2: I mean we be in the final sec Yeah, I've.
Speaker 6: Been around the world and now yeah, yeah, it's seen the mother fucking things that I can't but reaching knees to. If heights come with the third time, I'm better re betting on me. The numbers don't lie. That's how we rolling.
Speaker 4: Niggas, you know them go.
Speaker 6: Then you want to pick up the letter very in the mid and figures.
Speaker 4: I keep the triple hitters, call them silver back of rievers going. They shipping.
Speaker 6: You know, ain't nobody.
Speaker 4: Show time nigga yet.
Speaker 2: This is the big gigging coach of copsime I'm talking to that can't rich and this is this is like a movie I'm seeing the bigger picture, said Snoop.
Speaker 6: Couldn't get much higher.
Speaker 2: But I think it's different on sight.
Speaker 4: I be eating green lights. Some niggas, it's all walking nigga. We all fight you gabbling with your life and fuckings frow the dice. Some motherucking problems with this dog, and I'm like, that's right. Smoke in that legendary sound there like legendary. We can't arrange that, you know, I ain't that.
Speaker 6: PLoP ship globe. We don't get he want to see your mother. We're showing you how to pissot.
Speaker 4: Got this ship from DM seek.
Speaker 2: Let's slum with it to the fundamentals and having us some.
Speaker 6: Fun with it.
Speaker 4: These songs came on my team show. God said, let's say fire to whatever I bring. Got to kill us in quiet, all singing my thing sound.
Speaker 6: I can never do this alone.
Speaker 4: Motherfucker.
Speaker 6: Still trade still on shop, still got it, the sonics still like kind of they still stiff in the products. I've seen the money coming.
Speaker 4: I showed you that I'm a prop had a riding shot God. In case niggas get out of pocket, why do you want to press? They'st you money.
Speaker 10: Case you need to stop and keep them all your over day for depositions and doctor back at the topic against you niggas, but got it, but not in mishead father.
Speaker 4: May you keep that listening, legendary missionary. We can't arrange that, you know what, fang now, just take you take your.
Speaker 6: Not.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie to y'all. That ship sounds so good. It's even better with them doing the lyrics right now. No, I ain't gonna lie to you, man. And to see Jimmy put out his phone him recording, I'm like, holy shit, Oh this is an euphoria moment for me.
Speaker 6: Holy moly. Got to go. Are we chilling?
Speaker 2: Or we want what's the next shoe? No?
Speaker 6: We talked enough?
Speaker 8: Okay, Well, just so y'all know that song is also featured in Jame What's the Next Song? Jamie Fox and Cameron Diaz new movie that's coming out on Netflix. That song is featured in that, so be on the lookout for that as well.
Speaker 6: Shameless plug and y'all just pushing all right.
Speaker 8: Oh, it's in Madden twenty five right now too, So if you're playing mad you can hear that ship.
Speaker 6: When if you're playing you won't stop promoting and marketing.
Speaker 4: Nigga plugging right now, I'm fugging nigga.
Speaker 6: I'm the plug to your plug. I'm, you know, talking about see what I'm dealing with.
Speaker 2: Hey man, you know you know I'll be eating your cereal too.
Speaker 6: You fuck what?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He talks about all the time. Sploops, Yah, I got your phone number. I don't even Astley has.
Speaker 6: A serial called Snoop Loop.
Speaker 2: You shut up?
Speaker 6: I love you knowing? Do you really?
Speaker 2: Do you realize you're the most famous rapper everywhere? Like a nigga can say I know Snoop and nigga be like, I know, like, you can't go nowhere.
Speaker 6: No, everybody knows Snoop.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows I talk about babies, know you? But then come up to the womb here that's Snoop.
Speaker 6: What's the next generation gonna be called? You know, I don't know anyway they're gonna know this nigga.
Speaker 8: You don't know this nigga? Yeah, how the hellful thing that happened? I'm engaging, you know what I'm saying. I got grandkids, so I make things for kids. I got a football league, I got you know, I got a relationship with Martha Stewart. So I got like different people in my life that allow me to you know, go to different places and be different football league though, Yes, sir, yes, sir, yes, sir. Proud of that right there, man, that's that's my baby right there in my football league. We sent up with forty kids to the nf fail. We got you know, graduates, Rhodes scholars, you know, fireman's share, sheep of polices that came out of my league. I'm so proud of that league. Thank y'all for the great work, and thank y'all for appreciating what we do.
Speaker 6: That's part of what this thing is, the foundation of what we're trying to do moving forward and how we'd like to give back. So let's stop the talking. You want to play some more music?
Speaker 2: Werena, We're gonna go, thank you.
Speaker 6: Thank you? Okay, So let me can you explain some of the Yeah, let me. Yeah, this this one, I'm not done with it yet, right, I just started on this ship. It needs horns and strings.
Speaker 4: You just started on this record, yeah, days ago, Yeah, we just did this.
Speaker 2: Is this the one that when we was on the Zoom you said, I'm about to go finish this.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, so I'm not finished with it yet. So it's fucking weirdest hell to be playing my music.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised you let us play it.
Speaker 6: Let's go for an audience, my unfinished music for an audience. But uh, let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, see what se thank you playing for says something.
Speaker 6: But by the way, thank thank you, and you.
Speaker 8: Gotta you gotta ay time out, time out, turn my stop about time about stop stop.
Speaker 2: We lost we lost the engineer.
Speaker 4: Now you don't love the I We got a nigga that ran off.
Speaker 2: Nigga, you know how to push play, how to tickle?
Speaker 4: Yeah, turn that ship up, turn it up, nigga, get.
Speaker 2: Us kick down?
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Yah yeah, please excuse me while like it's the.
Speaker 6: Sky thank you.
Speaker 10: Day yeah yeah yeah yeah, please excuse me wild like this style. Thanks just saying the same against us time to change in your niggas is dangerous, rich and.
Speaker 4: Shameless to any thing.
Speaker 6: To be famous.
Speaker 8: If you're talking about the script and then you're speaking my language, and if you're waking up with the world up under you.
Speaker 4: I'm going this us fucked up. It's so cd.
Speaker 10: I'm reving that my revenue. What am I not available somewhere amailable. Somehow I made it off the avenue, the.
Speaker 4: Taws and waking long the street sent them.
Speaker 10: Up as in the field that the sails close calls with big whales, got fish scales.
Speaker 4: That's so fall shit. I like to thank me.
Speaker 8: And if we're talking about the West, nigga, thank me Walker Fane made a name.
Speaker 4: Nigga, thank me ain't nothing. Now, this is what a nigga do. I just want to say thank you.
Speaker 6: Let me.
Speaker 7: How you thank you?
Speaker 6: It's me would like this?
Speaker 7: Thank you?
Speaker 6: DAGs? Excuse me?
Speaker 2: Why like this?
Speaker 4: The sty Now you're gonna fuck around and find out I thank you. Niggas need to take her time out. Might have a leave a a dope to me. Gonna be your posts to read high level pope and see better than dope for me. You fucking would have winn a winner.
Speaker 6: What a ship.
Speaker 10: It's been a minute since we went up getting now for six billion ways to get it?
Speaker 4: She was one snooped off about.
Speaker 10: They the hell of a running any comic tick bile the man dropping a pile.
Speaker 2: I'm in here with both guys.
Speaker 4: How I made mind click click boom and show.
Speaker 10: Come nigga, These Niggs.
Speaker 8: I'm throwing money like at this guy's saying.
Speaker 4: Hold on your I'm playing nobody.
Speaker 6: Well, shit, get heavy.
Speaker 10: You know when Nigga pushed the limits locking up on every coming Nigga.
Speaker 6: I just want to thank you.
Speaker 4: Lazy huge like.
Speaker 6: It's that guy, and thank you for letting myself.
Speaker 4: Can we get hi yah ya ya yao.
Speaker 6: Style? All right?
Speaker 2: Hold up? You did say that this is your favorite record when we were.
Speaker 6: Talking to us, Oh, what are your favorite? I said it's my favorite because of the like this one, did that one? Like I said, It's not done and I'm still working on it, so it's weird.
Speaker 2: What else you got to do that record?
Speaker 6: It's weird playing the unfinished products.
Speaker 2: You can put a thing on it.
Speaker 6: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: That's the difference between his ears and our ears.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's not done.
Speaker 4: It's rough mixes sound like most niggas master mixes. But he's a perfectionist.
Speaker 8: He's it's something in there that he doesn't feel as right as a composed of the.
Speaker 2: Whole How bell in there?
Speaker 4: Oh we got a whole album?
Speaker 8: No that that song got to go inside of the whole album. So it's not just a standalone record. So he's thinking about all of the other songs, and.
Speaker 6: It's the whole thing. I'm on my fucking I don't know. It's just strings and horns that are missing, and it's not mixed yet. So you guys are hearing just the demo and unfinished work. So and I'm weird about playing that shit. So all right, so I've never done this before.
Speaker 2: So great, the greatest, that's what she said, the greatest, thank you for doing. Let me say something. The greatest thing about twenty twenty four is you could get an instant response, right, you could throw something out and get instance. I just wanted the crowd to tell you how. Tell us, motherfucker record, tell us, motherfucker Now. I don't know what you want to think about the recond.
Speaker 4: Yes, let's drink some gin and juice, man, real quick.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 8: Big up to my brother Swiss Beat. Yeah, rest of that blood. I don't smoke with niggas, says COVID.
Speaker 6: Fuck that. Well, yeah, work.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you niggas.
Speaker 2: Got, but big up my brother Swiss Beasts and Timberland. But a Swiss Beasts and Timberland was to come to y'all and say y'all. We want Dre and Snoop Dogg to do a versus, but y'all get to pick y'all pony.
Speaker 6: Okay, So that's a really good question. I was just on the phone with Swiss Beach yesterday and this morning, and we've been swapping trash together and I actually just did a song over one of his beasts, zip, where zippit? Where are you at?
Speaker 2: Right there?
Speaker 6: What was that yesterday or the day before? Day before yesterday? We just did a song to us Swiss Beats on one of his tracks. That's I mean, we did our thing around it and play with it. But yeah, it is a co production. It is probably gonna be that we haven't finished the song just ship, but yeah, Swiss Beats is like one of our brothers. Timberland is like I really appreciate like Timberland because I feel like he inspired me. He was the one the first person that started doing a double time ship with the beats like that thing. So I was really impressed with that and that inspired me. So yeah, big shout out to Timberland.
Speaker 2: Because you versus supposed to be a celebration as well. It's not a battle, right, So they say what artists. Would you what your artists? Would you Snoop want to go against?
Speaker 4: We got to go up against Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis can't nobody.
Speaker 6: Jimmy Jam. I'm just that's like, what how about jay Z and Kanye talked at Jimmy Jam every every now and then. Yeah, and he's a super humble motherfucker. He doesn't even I don't even think he knows how dope he is. But yeah, it's really cool.
Speaker 2: So Missy and Timberland. Nah, you said jay Z and Kanye? What do you think about that?
Speaker 6: But say it again?
Speaker 2: Versus versus versus? Yeah, Oh, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 6: How about you thought that ship was cool?
Speaker 4: But I did versus with DMX.
Speaker 2: That was a beautiful thing he had on Timberland's in your studio during.
Speaker 4: Cod and you know, it turned into a love thing. It wasn't a battle, you see what happens.
Speaker 2: It was a celebration, it really was.
Speaker 8: That probably was the first one that was actually a real celebration because we was in the same room her.
Speaker 4: We shared now ladies and chicken wings and hennessy, you know what I'm saying. And then we share some party to me.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 8: Then he told the story of how his record holler at me, get at Me Dog. Yeah, I said him. When I was at ja Varga Square. I was performing out there and cousin was coming out the club and I ain't knowing me.
Speaker 4: He said, what's up?
Speaker 8: I said, get at me dog, and he said that's how he made his motherfucking record For me saying that.
Speaker 6: To him, I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that, he said.
Speaker 6: He said it.
Speaker 4: Out of the X mouth. Rest in peace to the King. He understand me.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize it was that I passed crazy.
Speaker 6: But he was at the show.
Speaker 4: When I was at Jervagar Square.
Speaker 6: You wasn't there though, huh No, I was too young. I was in jail tripping. He was like a big app Okay another story, Yes.
Speaker 2: Story for another day. We're on positivity, happiness, God damn it. Yeah, the best, ain't you. I'm a real drinker.
Speaker 4: This ship is great, it's smoth.
Speaker 2: They're gonna put you on y'all.
Speaker 6: See what y'all camera, Yo, listen, I'm holdly for the camera and do this for Jimmy.
Speaker 2: I be the first person to besides you guys and Jimmy, I mean, the first person to promote this ship.
Speaker 8: So can we can we make sure when you get back to the to the real establishment in Miami, we're gonna we got like I need like five of these lined up every episode absolutely, whether we're there or not.
Speaker 6: This is right.
Speaker 9: Listen, but look at me, look at me, yes, by the way, sit week.
Speaker 2: With Snoop Dogg. By the way, get the pants, oh ship.
Speaker 6: On the one time show.
Speaker 2: A little bit of that state walker yo, yo, by the way, you got my address, no.
Speaker 4: Way walk God God to give him the room.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you Snoop before we get.
Speaker 6: Into the music, right.
Speaker 2: Since not like us, right, everybody everybody crip walks and not not cripwalk, they blood walk in kripwalk. That's both.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's the thing. Sorry, yeah, don't get fucked up. It's it's real.
Speaker 4: Ship on the West I'm talking about.
Speaker 8: When you've seen that stage where Kendrick was that night at that concert, it was ninety eight percent bloods up there.
Speaker 2: I thought it was cribs. I'm saying the East.
Speaker 8: So why would they have all that red on? Oh no, let me tell you, Let me tell you what that record did. Do it unified the West.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 8: So it may have been disrespectful, but it's hip hop, so it's part of hip hop. I chose no signs because I have no individual cause with that. That's a grown man going against a grown man. But what it did do was unite the West and make everybody out here start looking at each other like how much love we got for each other.
Speaker 4: It was a blood walk where the bloods had peace.
Speaker 8: You had certain crib gangs that came together and became you know, real friends as opposed to being an enemy. So that record did a lot for us on the West as far as uniting. So we should speak on that, right.
Speaker 7: I mean, one thing I always say on drinks, y'all said, you don't have to be against someone to be for hip hop?
Speaker 6: Right right?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Everybody makes that. So what is that dance called?
Speaker 6: Is it called?
Speaker 4: It's the walk? If you're crip, is the crip walk, if you're blood is to b walk?
Speaker 2: But now it is white people walk.
Speaker 6: Say that a gag, But no, no, wait, say that again, because.
Speaker 2: The most they're just walking.
Speaker 6: Yeah wait, wait, wait, no say that again, Stull, because most people don't understand that and they don't even know that that exists.
Speaker 8: Okay, So when it comes to the gang coaching, that dance was created by gang members. So on both sides danced to the music. They danced with that in mind. So if you're a blood, you put your gang first. That's the blood walk. If you're a Cryp, that's the crypt walk. But the Crypts have been so dominant in the music, and it's me that you think that that's the only way that it's difficult, right, But when you see Kendrick, you see Quick, you see you know yg whoever you see that's from the Red side, they dance the same way we dance. Because it's a it's a culture thing, you know what I'm saying. It's for the culture. They just represent for they side, but both sides are together, so it's a unification. So it's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 6: And you could never understand this ship if you don't understand the coach, right, you know, there's a lot of people probably in this throne and probably going to be listening and looking at this ship that don't understand it. But hopefully we can at least clear it up for you a little bit, to at least take a chance to understand it.
Speaker 2: Stevie wanted to really call you at five.
Speaker 6: M off that stupid Now we're back to the levity, right, No, but let's get back to the funny ship. Let's get back to the entertained part of this.
Speaker 2: Because they said that Stevie want of those streets like seeing basketball players play on some real ship. Kis Steve c on everything?
Speaker 8: I love Stevie Wonder, does FaceTime me? Come on, man, I can't make this ship up. Nigga, I was in there chilling with my I was getting my hair done with my hairstyling and my phone and my hairstyling is like, did I say Stevie Wonder?
Speaker 4: I said yep. I went boom and he was like, nigga, I've been looking for you.
Speaker 9: I got the fuck out here, man, the fuck out I've been looking for No.
Speaker 2: Stevie Wander calls me like a five five am.
Speaker 6: And he's asking me to text him. I'm like, what the what the fuck?
Speaker 4: What you say?
Speaker 2: You send your text?
Speaker 6: Send them a text? And I'm like, okay, I'm hanging I'm hanging, hang up the phone. I'm like the fuck that Stevie wants me to text.
Speaker 2: Him who see Wonder on drink?
Speaker 6: First of all, let me just be clear, Stevie Wonder is one of my all time favorites. He's my year role.
Speaker 4: He is funny, and he is funny too. He would laugh at this, so he get funny.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's funny as hell. Right. He walks up to you and says, that's a nice red shirt you're wearing. You know, so that ship.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question. Does Stevie Wander have TVs or lights in his house? Let's move on.
Speaker 6: Let me.
Speaker 2: Okay, to what record we're going through?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: What record we play?
Speaker 6: Jimmy keeps streaming off Mary Jane? All right, so Mary Jane, Okay, this didn't have to marry Jane. So there's a ready.
Speaker 2: When I was back there, my little Nord keep saying back there, No, no, they didn't have it back there.
Speaker 6: We got it up here. You gotta get it ready up. Yeah. I'm about to give a whole setup for that ship. So hopefully they have it ready. All right, let me let me set it up. Stop for a second second. This is the one. So the Great Tom Petty said something in our documentary, and he said, the day that doctor Dre does a version of Mary james Last Dance is going to be an instant hit, right. So fortunately his family blessed us with the files and all of his vocals. So I took his did a whole new beat and put his vocals on the chorus, and it's harmonica playing on the chorus. And then jelly Roll. Jelly Roll came to my house and sung the second verse. Right, So yeah, that's the setup, and that's what we're about to hear. Can we churn it up?
Speaker 4: Don't bother ask me to ever? Give my lady up? What's goo? Five years old? Take him my first puff? It was love at first life, feather love her first night. My uncle told me, don't rush, this could be your first crush.
Speaker 10: Now I'm on the block with all my homies and it's up amber a fair seventeen with a dream blowing smoke in the air. Seven things. My routine is one, what's that year? Avoiding them fucking pandas in my rear view.
Speaker 4: Meter County Blues want of news. Ship, I'm on all of my pills looking back. I wouldn't change ship or what a career? I used to flip bags with her skip class word. She comfortable the fuck on, I'm trying to smash with her.
Speaker 10: She got always the last and ashes to ask the dust, so it looks like I'm last us. I can't get past the rushing never passer up. Who took this bitch worldwide? Nigga we gas in that and now with the.
Speaker 4: Before the things, she was my novercare. You know what, it ain't gonna get a video where they ain't gonna say, right my little slave by my chid.
Speaker 5: Jelly rode high spends and faces in my wood. She's like, I'm rich in this side this time, I'm changing my time. I'm saying good side of the danger inside. Sometimes got a hold the fast time as a can copy as somehow she came among between them.
Speaker 6: What gusn't made it follow everything you.
Speaker 1: Ever told me you were from the kick go yess I didn't. And if I gotta graphic, can I guess I mean to strike him that super bird that appreciates it's so fan been to me. The wishes barked this piphany.
Speaker 2: Don't walk away by the combling.
Speaker 1: In the whole world, combling in something panther.
Speaker 4: Change knows my before the things, it was my noga.
Speaker 7: You know what name?
Speaker 4: Just say the second one that my m.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he.
Speaker 9: Went off.
Speaker 2: Hey, come on, so that's label Mary Jane. Not the last dance.
Speaker 6: That was that was dope, thank you?
Speaker 2: So what's the name of that one? That's Mary Jane?
Speaker 6: Not the last last last dance with Mary?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay. I called this because I heard that one. They told me. I didn't hear Mary regime.
Speaker 4: Hey know how much money Jardine give it what it had? Jeez, Luis, how much dope they give you?
Speaker 2: You fucking found nigga.
Speaker 4: I fuck with you people trying to make sure you getting what you're supposed to get.
Speaker 2: So how fun was it getting back in the studio with him?
Speaker 8: It was it was like me being a kid again because I got a chance to like just go back to being directed and not have to be the leader in the studio and be the one to come up with all the ideas and be so creative. I could come to the studio and just really just let them work on me, and it feel good to be in a position to have them produce me and write for me and put me in, you know, great positions as an artist, because I want to be a great artist.
Speaker 4: When I'm done with this, and sometimes you got to be produced. I look at all of the greater.
Speaker 2: You already are a great artist.
Speaker 6: No, but I'm saying a great artists.
Speaker 8: But I think I think one thing that was missing from my artifacts was to be produced, and to actually be produced and let the rings go and say okay, let go a lot of bit like everything like this is what it's all about when you really trust somebody, like to trust doctor Dre's process and his procedure, no matter how long it take, I trust it, and to trust it and say, look, produce me like nobody else has. Is everybody too afraid to try to write for me or try to do for me because they feel like, oh, you know what you're doing, snoop you at that level.
Speaker 4: But with him, I'm still his little brother.
Speaker 8: So it's always that he knows what's best for me, so to produce for me and to write for me, and to put me in a position and where I can sound good and feel good for the moment.
Speaker 4: That I'm in right now. Very appreciated today.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It also it feels like you can with it to meeting a giant. Hold on, hold, look, we got a couple more records play.
Speaker 6: Do we need anything else after that? Yo? I mean all right, let's.
Speaker 2: Getah come on, So what's the next record? Another part of me feature Stink.
Speaker 6: Yeah. It was crazy because we did this song and we just sent it in to Sting to just clear because we redid all of his music guitar, paused, drums and everything. We just sent it into him to get it clear, and he asked if he could be on the record, Like what the fud? Like? What see?
Speaker 7: That's what stuff that You're still a fan of it so much that that excites me.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, man, in order to be great at something, you have to be a student of it first, you know. So yeah, and I'm not. I'm still a student of what I do, you know. So yeah.
Speaker 10: So he.
Speaker 6: Called back and said, you know, would you like me to be on the song? So the end of the song, we wrote it and he sung and did the harmonies. Actually, he left some of the same harmonies that were on the template. I know, I'm fucking talking shit that he might not give a funk about right now, but yeah, but he did. He he left some of the backgrounds in and he did the whole outro and he sounds amazing, So I'll stop talking. You want to play it like to hear it? Here you go, turn it up.
Speaker 2: A little love.
Speaker 6: This is more of a pop one.
Speaker 4: Play with the top crowd.
Speaker 6: It's like, that's so that's what we're turning around from the stadium. Love it his spelling. Go ahead, get.
Speaker 4: Like just another part. I mean, I'm just trying to show you some gang step up wearing my heart or my slaves. Yeah, out of living long that dang, you.
Speaker 2: Must tell me what do you want fucking.
Speaker 4: Get in the end of the Lost Center, Scanners and.
Speaker 10: Um the Golden Nights right the wave walk thanks, just the dead loss and jan Us Cool.
Speaker 4: I'm not done.
Speaker 10: He decided one of one from a hood to one, No moms getting the top, run, don't back out on the more to run being drank red.
Speaker 4: Run they can take with these bread crumbs on.
Speaker 9: My mama, son of a coup.
Speaker 4: This on my people. I'm just having no Lember of features. You ain't no see no thing, no ego vision like up there's.
Speaker 10: An eagle could start with woe guards from breaking laws and beating charge just topping charts.
Speaker 4: The ship is all stakes. He had him on a blue cat and standing in the close, your fucking around and got your got back. Get from the smell of it, call for rag and they pat your feeling good. Don't the same? Make the same? Older? This is they not kind of moment Pney on my mind.
Speaker 8: O game she about to come a knife okay, and it's right before you ride them O Jameson, just the.
Speaker 10: Keep it in the night, little skin you the jump on the run by a black away.
Speaker 2: I'm the one give a pup, but the guy to say I'm gonna.
Speaker 6: Get up abide on my way. This is a better time than to day.
Speaker 2: You know me jump about set in motion, up broken, go up, choosing.
Speaker 10: I just gotta high sway times passing that they act the Babu's half of movies Rapping Mill Stack and the one half of Lapis is on the same to jump.
Speaker 6: Out and run by blah blah away.
Speaker 10: I'm the one give a pup, but the gout to say I'm gonna get up a bid on my way.
Speaker 4: There's no time that you tell.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah. That's fine.
Speaker 4: These making sound big.
Speaker 2: They sounds big.
Speaker 7: I can't.
Speaker 6: I can't wait for this album to drop so much.
Speaker 2: It's so cute. So we're sorry the time. But let me just say something to you, Drake again, because I never had a chance. I never had a chance to tell you this or Jimmy this. I know that you actually said that the firm flop or whatever. But the firm didn't flop for me, okay, the firm made me my whole solo artist. Well I shouldn't have said that. Actually, no said but go ahead, okay, But I'm just letting you know that you and Jimmy, I was the only person that was on the album that wasn't firm. I wasn't officially firm. I was just a queen shooter and they put me down. And really, but you co signed that and Jimmy. I never told you. I got your phone number two, Jimmy, and I never told you that when y'all let my record rock on the Firm album that set up my whole solo career. What's set up? Drink champ? So I think I owe you money and ship like.
Speaker 6: He too rich?
Speaker 4: You don't want me the money, noorr he too rich? Give me the money.
Speaker 6: I hold it for him, yo.
Speaker 2: But I want to tell you, I want to tell you thank you because that shit changed my life. That one record. From that one record, you know, I dropped an album called The War Report, and I dropped it and everyone said it's a classic. I didn't feel it. I was still selling crack.
Speaker 4: It was horrible.
Speaker 2: I was still selling crack. And then I did that one, that one record. Now, sobody to fly out to the l A. I believe it's record one on this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I went there and I did it, and they'll have that studio actually, but go ahead and continue, let's let's see it.
Speaker 2: But you for you co signing along with NAS. Of course after that record, I pressed it out and did so much wonderful things as a solo artist. But if it wasn't for that record, I wouldn't went on that path. So I gotta thank you. I really do.
Speaker 4: I really do.
Speaker 2: And Jimmy, I speak to Jimmy. I never even told you this, right, Like Jimmy's like probably like what the fuck is wrong with Nori?
Speaker 6: But man, I really take week a last day fucking camera on Jimmy, Right, he doesn't want that, but yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Actually want to say.
Speaker 7: My thing is gonna be a little bit more cornier than his, because Mush is a little corny.
Speaker 2: I was corny. No, no, just corny. Now it wasn't corny? Is gonna be corny?
Speaker 7: I told you on the zoom that we briefly met at how can I be.
Speaker 2: Down in Jamaica.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you sat across and uh we was in a picnic table and you was right across on the other side of the seat of the picnic table. And and I'm telling I was like, I'm a huge n w A fan, the legacy of everything n w A, and I couldn't bring myself to say ship to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's fucked up.
Speaker 2: I could.
Speaker 6: I was like, like, I'm not that guy. Bro, I don't like that.
Speaker 2: We're here right now.
Speaker 6: Bro, I'm not that nigga that takes my my job to my head to where I'm not approachable and ship.
Speaker 2: It was my problem.
Speaker 6: But I'm just letting you know I'm not that guy. I'm not that nigga. You can Yeah, what what's up? What's up? You know what I mean? You want to I want to take a picture whatever you want you want, Like, it's like, it's really impressive that motherfuckers still want to take a picture with me and get my autograph and ship.
Speaker 2: So you know, I just think it's dope. When we're at right now, how important.
Speaker 6: That is for me, And that's that's how I get down, bro, and.
Speaker 2: I want to congratulate both you. You know, both of you. What you've been doing with Death Row Records is so impressive. It's it's inspiring. To be honest with you, I'm dropping my single with Doctor Dre on Death Record.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you something. I was so upset when I heard that Snow was fucking doing the Death Road ship at the beginning, like nigga, what that ship has so much bullshit following it. But then now I'm so happy about it, and I'm so impressed with my what my bro is doing because he's taking our thing that we that we created and bringing it back to life. And now I see I see his vision now when I I appreciate it and I'm proud of it now. So I'm a flag that.
Speaker 4: It made me feel good.
Speaker 6: Thank y'all.
Speaker 4: You'll trying to make a nigga cry because I'm I just.
Speaker 2: Want to say something. This is a room in my city. I'm going to raise in New York City.
Speaker 8: And when he give you a niggas a countdown, let me say, let me say real TV right now, flow down, nigga.
Speaker 2: Let me say this. It's a room in my city that when the Knicks is winning, the city is better. Right. So I want to say to y'all on behalf of the music industry. When Dre is making music, life is better.
Speaker 4: That's the fact, doun he ain't lying on that.
Speaker 6: That's what we're doing right now.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest because you know, Snoop. Snoop knows how I feel about him in the world knows, and it's very seldom that. By the way, I got a flaws too, were the first podcast Doctor Dre. Are you motherfuckers?
Speaker 6: We got it.
Speaker 9: Got?
Speaker 6: It's hard to get me outside, but I'm here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm gonna take another shot. But man, life, you changed my life in so many ways. I know that personally, but.
Speaker 6: Thank you for all. I really appreciate all of those words.
Speaker 2: Besides all that, like you are the best producer of all times. And when you are embracing the studio and you embrace this industry, life is better. Crime goes down?
Speaker 6: Really and is that true?
Speaker 2: It's great?
Speaker 6: Okay, So what we're going to Okay, it's Snoop that's official.
Speaker 2: Doctor Dre. I want to thank y'all so much because I literally could never repay y'all back for which I did just about now sitting down with us in front of.
Speaker 6: All of these people's honor.
Speaker 2: It's honor, man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I want to thank all of you guys for coming out to check us out and listen to us just talk all ship. We really appreciate it, really appreciate it. And that's a no bullshit, you know. Thanks awesome.
Speaker 2: Also, smack up a complex right complex con God damn juice, Jenny juice, and we're gonna take a picture, and yeah, get out of here.
Speaker 6: Thank y'all, Let's take the pic.
Speaker 7: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and d J E f N.
Speaker 2: Listen to Drink.
Speaker 7: Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by yours truly, DJ E f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials that's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real norriegon ig at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig At, dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com