Speaker 1: R and B Money.
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 1: Take volatility.
Speaker 2: We are the authority on all things R and B.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen. My name is Tank Valentine.
Speaker 3: This this is the R and B Money Podcast, the authority on all things things.
Speaker 1: Put it spilight on that R and B, R n B Yeah, R and B. Yeah. There's a certain texture, certain nuance.
Speaker 2: Visually sonically, things that make sense when you say R and B music.
Speaker 1: It's gotta feel like something. It has to feel like something.
Speaker 2: It got felt like you're taking a dry, nice drive. Yeah, top down, top down.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The weather gotta be nice to the weather gotta be nice, not too cold, not too hot. Yeah, yeah, you know, especially when they headed back to my place in a beautiful city. Yeah, a city that some of you have been, but I've been, a couple of my constitutions have been there as well. I love, you know, just kind of making a move in the month of October in the city of London.
Speaker 4: We're just right here right now, October London, in the building. I'm so happy to be here, so happy to be here.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Yeah, thank you, thank you for y'all who don't know October London.
Speaker 1: This is our guy. This is this is like, thank you, this is our guy.
Speaker 3: Like even before you were actually our guy, hearing what you were doing was like, yeah.
Speaker 1: We were tapped in for sure, coming from that's r n B. That's what you. Okay, so let's do this. Let's tackle this. First.
Speaker 3: October London. Yeah, genius, thank you. The words just you know, they fly together, Yeah, they fly? How did you get there?
Speaker 4: October London? I got that name. My birthday is. I'm a Libra, So birthday is October, October seventeenth.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, I live. I got a Libra at the house.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right, okay, I got my sister's a Libra and my wife's a Libra.
Speaker 4: Nice, nice, Okay. October. We got October and London because I well, I have this screen above my above my computer when I'm recording everything. I like to have the ambiance right, the candles, everything, everything right. And a picture of London. It was a beautiful, like night picture of London. And I was just trying to figure out, you know, I'm looking up, I'm trying to figure out the last time, like I can't be just October's October, October October. And I looked at the picture and I was like London and my boy Neil aka Trip Cambridge was upstairs. He was watching TV or something. I was like, hey, what do you think of October London. He's like I like it? And I was like, all right, bet that's my new name. Now, that's that's it. And then that was it.
Speaker 1: That's simple.
Speaker 4: That's simple because it was I had it Sam London at first because my middle name is Samuel. And I was like, no, I don't want that. October London sounded I like.
Speaker 1: October London Like, yeah, I like it.
Speaker 2: I mean it's too late now anyway, but yeah, October London Sam London is cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's cool. October London overseas basketball player.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: October London Sam London for two. He's having a game to starting to get his vibe together. You know, it takes him a minute to warm up, but you know right around halftimes where it really picks things up.
Speaker 4: Sam London for two is why London.
Speaker 3: For just checking in getting his feet wet. Oh So let me ask you a question. Let me just ask what do we're gonna go into? Because I got to ask these weird questions.
Speaker 1: Do they love you? In London.
Speaker 4: I've been there a few times and yeah, I got I got some good I got some good feedback in London. It should be it should be, you know, or it could be better. But you know we're getting there.
Speaker 3: You make sense in London, and not just because of your name, but because of your brand of R and B. They love school R and B.
Speaker 4: I've been in Germany, they love love it. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So you're just like you're just a few trips away in terms of building something really crazy out And when I tell you go every every chance.
Speaker 4: You get, go mm hmmm, because I know that show y'all.
Speaker 3: Love Well, here's the thing I went with genuine. So it's really it's really those guys, you know what I'm saying, The genuine Joe Jaggeted twelve, you know what I'm saying, Carl Thomas, all of those, all of those Drew Hill that came that I came out right after I missed the overseas boat where they were just going like crazy.
Speaker 1: And we're labels were sending their artists.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that's the biggest thing, right, Like it's we don't have the same road out as that we used that we used to have where when they released you and they released your album, then you had your UK release and you went over there for you know, enough time to really let the people get.
Speaker 4: To know you.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, Like talking to Boys to men, Sean is like, bro, we were in Europe for two years pretty much.
Speaker 1: Nigga, like get into it, you know what I mean? So like we don't. We don't have that no more.
Speaker 2: And that when you look up and you see that a Boys and Men can perform anywhere, and we're obviously the records too, but the fact that they can still perform everywhere in the world is because that was established really early for that, right.
Speaker 3: So that's what I'm telling you, Sasha, what are you going to look at the You know, it always starts with the money, where it's like, well, you know what, what what do we get out of this?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah, But.
Speaker 3: What what you will learn is that that investment, that sacrifice is going to pay off. One thousand folk, one thousand folk. They do not get tired of it. They are still into into the simple things, man.
Speaker 2: Absolutely just good music, good talent, right, good presentation, Like they are still in love with that type of thing.
Speaker 4: They absolutely love new artists. I mean when I was overseas with Snoop, I was just listening to the radio and we're in the van and we're like, have you heard any song like from the States that get played twenty eight thousand times a Day's like, no, I don't know any of these artists at all. They're all new, and they just love them.
Speaker 3: They just love the music and the artistry because they know music from from every genre, yeh know, all like because it's I don't feel like it's so program though of course there are artists that are worldwide that are always going to get the two arenas and that cool stuff. But even in terms of languages, because all of those, all of these countries are so close to each other, like they're in touch with Well, what's what's the heart of the hot Italian artists over here? They're coming to town, Let's see them. What's the hot German artist? Oh, let's go see them.
Speaker 1: Like it's it's such a different thing and such a different level of appreciation when it comes to music because they're still tapped into real music right.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, absolutely. I love it over there. I love it overseas, okay. October London, October Let's go back to the beginning. Man, let's go back to the beginning. I met your parents.
Speaker 1: Man, this is the first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is no no, this is the first at the pie where oh yeah, where somebody brought their parents.
Speaker 4: You are the first, dope.
Speaker 1: That's dope, that's crazy. So that's why I want to say our family.
Speaker 4: Family, guys, come on, come on, come on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I had to bring them to La.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: I just felt like I've been back and forth to LA, you know for the last eight years with Snoop and just I was like, you know what, I'm about to go on tour. I'm not gonna see him for a couple of months. You know, y'all want to roll to LA. You haven't been on a plane in twenty one years.
Speaker 3: Let's want you Okay. So when you said, I thought you said been to LA in twenty one years. They haven't been on a plane.
Speaker 4: They haven't been on a plane in twenty one years. So the airports were mad different. So I was like what I was like, yeah, yeah, yeah, So you know there are veers. So they go out and been a big you know, like a tour bus and the hard VideA and they go yeah, they got the big boy and they just go and they go kick it. So they travel a lot, but they haven't been on a plane in twenty one years. So I was like, why don't you just come home? But I'm not going to send y'all. I'm not gonna get there and send you guys because you don't know what's going on at the airport. You got to stand up and do the whole hokey pokey and turn yourself around, and that's how you get locked up, you know what I'm saying. So you got to kind of do that. So you know, I was like, why don't you just come with me? Uh you United?
Speaker 1: United? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, and sometimes Delta, sometimes United.
Speaker 1: What's your airline? What's your favorite airline?
Speaker 4: Whichever one that takes me from my hometown of South ben Indiana, to Chicago and to l A. Because all that going from South Bend to Charlotte and then Charlotte, LA or back to No. I think I'm pretty sure that's Delta. I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: So there's no direct flights from South Bend, No, No to l A.
Speaker 4: No, you got to go from South Chicago. Yeah, And that's fine, that's I'm cool. With that, I'm only an hour and a half away from Chicago, so drive. Okay, that's nothing. I'm literally twenty minutes on the air. Okay, so I might get off and do my thing.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the beginning, man, Okay, let's let's take me to do what you do, your cool shit, do your cool ship. When does when does somebody say you know that baby right there? Boy, I tell you you keep better, he gonna he gonna be somebody? When when does when does that happen? Or when do you feel it? Like, y'all, you know I got something here. You know, I'm kind of fly with my ship.
Speaker 4: I really hit it, really, you know, they knew I was always to music, but they never nobody ever saw nobody saw it coming till I was. I was like, okay, let me show y'all. Like I was fifteen writing rhymes in the bedroom.
Speaker 1: Right rhymes because he was a rapper.
Speaker 4: I was trying to be. I didn't know what I was doing, So I was writing rhymes and I was trying to sing. I was like, I'm right, and I just balled up corner corner, corner, and I just write it. It was trash and it wasn't until I was about eighteen where I was like, all right, I think my writing is getting a little better. I'm starting to feel where I'm at vocally.
Speaker 1: You weren't singing for anybody or anything else.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, no couple. I wouldn't say talent shows.
Speaker 1: I was with a man.
Speaker 4: My boys had a group called First Fam, and it was I was the only really well, it was a few couple of other singers. The rest of them were rappers and we'll go out and do like bars and stuff, stuff like that. But I was always with them, so I never wanted to stick out. And one day, one day, this is when it all started. I've actually never told this part of the story at all ever, and you know, the last couple of years I haven't. But we were doing this talent show and thing and they were gonna it was like, oh, get you a label deal, or get you a deal, you know, at least with an indie label. And we did our routine where everybody's doing anything, and then they stopped and then they were like, you, I forget what dude's name is, doesn't matter anyway, he's a bad dude, but anyway, he's like, you come here and he said sing something, and I sang and he was like okay, cool, and then we just all went back to the table. Everybody's gathered around everything, and they just took me out of the group and was like, yeah, we want him, We don't want the rest of y'all.
Speaker 1: Know.
Speaker 4: You know, I know they're not gonna like that part of the story watching this podcast, but that's just what it was. And they took me from everybody, and I really was like, no, I don't want to leave my boys, you know what I'm saying. So and I went and they were all like, no, you need to go.
Speaker 1: Like I was like cool.
Speaker 4: My boy Travis was like, yo, you need to go. And yeah, I left with dude and they've gotten with somebody else and Gouy with somebody. Sod just build Bill Bill Build. I went to Miami and stayed in Miami for like a year with this guy that had an indie label.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, So I was just my whole career, I was just taking risks to get to this. I was just forget it. I'm just gonna do it. What's gonna happen, you know, like, just do it. And I don't know why I just kept doing that I got with Indie Label. That guy went to prison for robbing a bank.
Speaker 1: Because it was Indye label. So he gotta he gotta fund it.
Speaker 4: He got to fund it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I remember riding around the people's money, right right right.
Speaker 4: I remember riding around. I remember riding around this Dodge Magnum. That's when Dodge had the Magnum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we all seen one of those on the other day. You know, I had to google it because I didn't remember the name.
Speaker 4: Dodge Magnum was the dope and it had the hemmy with the big wheels man that thing.
Speaker 1: I loved.
Speaker 4: It was black on black. It had the seats to hug you. And I remember looking in the glove box and I was like, oh hello. I was like, oh, and you know, I'm a firearm owner, so I wasn't driven about that. But at that time I wasn't.
Speaker 1: I was, I was, I was.
Speaker 4: I was young then, but I was like, oh, okay, And then oh, there's a bunch of money in here. He was like went to the store or something like that the money, and oh yeah, no he was. He was locking loaded in there like and I was like, oh interesting, and he would just peel me off a little bit, and then you know, he'd give me some money, and I'd be staying wherever I was staying, and you know, he come picked me up. We go to the studio right around and get me Donald. It was crazy, Yeah, and I knew it wasn't I knew I was in a bad position. I knew I was in a bad position. But I was like, this is gonna take me somewhere. Maybe I'll link up with Rick Ross. At the time, Rick was Miami, I was. This was two thousand and seven, two thousand eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was so great. Yeah, yep, who's the inside joke? It's inside?
Speaker 4: No more, brother, Sorry, it's not inside.
Speaker 1: No one it talked about it. We watched it. But anyway, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nobody ever knew about their stories. I never told it.
Speaker 3: So so at this point, you are you are you going into the studio and just kind of locking in with is different producers and different writers who was available.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you exactly where I was recording at. I was recording at the famous, the infamous Circle House studios.
Speaker 1: Listen, all goes back, all goes back to Circle, It all goes back to.
Speaker 2: Abby Studio every other episode. Come on, you, your father, your family, all y'all, come on to the podcast.
Speaker 4: It all goes, it has to happen Circle House Studios.
Speaker 1: All goes back to some of my best times ever. Ever.
Speaker 2: I love Circle House ever Miami. That is without being said, yeah, welcome to Miami.
Speaker 4: In beneath the imam.
Speaker 1: So you lived there for a years.
Speaker 4: I lived there for a year, almost almost two years. Lived almost two years where I met one of my best friends, Michael Letter. He's a he's a surgeon out in Miami, but he did music.
Speaker 1: You know, he just did it as as like a the surgeon.
Speaker 4: He's a surgeon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I met him.
Speaker 4: He was there because he knew somebody.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 4: It was a crazy link up because I was going to Circle House and then like, here's this dude standing there, tall, six foot five, white dude. You know what I'm saying, clean cut, you know what I'm saying, Like in his scrubs, I'm like, what the hell is this guy? He's not like a producer or nothing like that. He knew somebody there and then he heard me doing stuff, heard me doing music. He's like, man, he should come by the house. He had a condo downtown Brickle. He's like, come by the house man, let's work on the record or something. He's like, I play a little piano and I write.
Speaker 1: I was like, all right, cool.
Speaker 4: And then as soon as I linked up with him, we started making music. Which one of those songs that I made in two thousand and eight called Eternity, is now on the Color Purple soundtrack. Wow, fifteen plus years of sitting in my hard drive, Larry Jackson came snatched that up and was like, we need that for Color Purple. To Larry Jackson, you know what I'm saying. So and I met with Mike. And at that time I met with Mike. God separated me from the drug?
Speaker 1: Did? He went?
Speaker 4: He did something crazy and he robbed a bank and he was gone. Then I was left alone in Miami.
Speaker 1: Mike.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a letter, Mike letter. So after that he left and Michael was like, man, just stay at my crib man.
Speaker 1: Forget it. It's all good. So what separated you from the U.
Speaker 4: He went to jail, he messed up in the middle of us doing music. That's when I met Mike. And then all of a sudden, Michael was like, well, you ain't really got you're gonna go back home, or.
Speaker 1: You could just stay.
Speaker 4: You just stay at the crib and crash on the couch, crash on the couch. For a year, and he went to work every morning, go you know, he you know, fix people up. And he come back home and we work on records every night. We knocked out I don't know how many records, one hundred and something, and he would just come back. And now they're all sitting in my heart driving now they're just now coming out. Eternity went on color Purple, our record time is now my new album, like they're just now coming out fifteen plus years later. Mm hmm, yep. Absolutely, I got so much work man in there, it's crazy. M I brought my heart driving man, so I.
Speaker 1: Drop off just in case, take me from Miami to the next move.
Speaker 4: Miami to the next move Miami.
Speaker 6: Uh uh.
Speaker 4: Me and Mike had a little quick spat or whatnot, and then I went back home.
Speaker 1: For a little bit.
Speaker 4: Got like three jobs, so I was working at I'm a car head, so I was working at a car wash, just to like be around them.
Speaker 1: You love cars like that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, I'll buy cars quick like I love them, not old school, like old school, like I like the new stuff, you know, Ferrari for eighty eight, Pietas on the way, you know that type of stuff and stuff like that. So I love that, he says on the way, on the way, trying to get like brother, our brother tangle. I have a family, yeah, said no, I have a family.
Speaker 1: Four seaters for me, four seaters. Very nice to you.
Speaker 4: I'm a fan, you know. I have a seven year old by turn eight. He just love cars to I just got the roll Spectru and he.
Speaker 1: Was just like the stars. He loves it. So you're talking to yeah, you've been doing.
Speaker 4: Before.
Speaker 1: This only has one electric flagship car and that's it. Yeah, and that's it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna stop putting it on Instagram to.
Speaker 1: It's car lifestyle like lifestyle. Yeah, they got to know that this R and B generates money. R and B money money.
Speaker 2: Because at one point your three jobs in because that's the part that people washing cars, people go over that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just go right to the to the roads.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they just Now we're not doing music at all. Fame nor wash. What what's the other two We're gonna stake and shake car wash and a car dealership doing the same thing, and the dealership detailing cars was boun.
Speaker 1: So Midweest super Midwest.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I worked at a place called Fazoli's two. But I had three jobs at once, and I got me a new Buick. I was happy, Yeah, baby Buick, Buick Saber, a Buick safe condition mid West as fu.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I love that. I love that. So how long do you stay home?
Speaker 4: Now? Or then?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 4: Oh then uh eight, nine, ten, five years something?
Speaker 1: You go back for a minute. Oh.
Speaker 4: I was like, this ain't happening for me. I was like, oh no, I'll give up, forget it. I'm going to get a job. I got three of them, got me a Buick. I'm happy making four hundred dollars a week. I got a cell phone bill. I live at home. Yeah, naice grand little.
Speaker 2: Strip plub money left over in the ship clubs in South ben No, it's not okay, all right, all right, all right, find you a diamond in the rough.
Speaker 4: You can't find you a diamond in the rough when that comes from Chicago or something like that, and she don't know, you know where you might find diamond rough?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: They don't last song because they don't want to be in South against That's that's probably the best move. Do that hour and a half, get your hotel for the night, kick it strip club.
Speaker 1: That Dan, he's.
Speaker 4: I know, you know, you can't tell some of that that that you know that money that that steak and shaken.
Speaker 1: Steak and shaking, sha. I don't think they yelled that older the d J booth as well. They yell for yelling.
Speaker 4: For hell, they gonna know. Now it's gonna be a whole bunch of comments.
Speaker 1: You shaking this motherfucker.
Speaker 2: You see him, You steak and steak and shak, bring him the mini platter out, Yeah, big beef.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I knew this was gonna happen once I got to the end of the day.
Speaker 1: I warn't careful for back in the day.
Speaker 2: It's him, you know my mind, you know, Big paulsom So.
Speaker 1: You're home, you're tucked in.
Speaker 4: I'm tucked in.
Speaker 3: I tucked into work life. You're tucked into your regimen. I won't I won't say you've given up, but maybe you've lost a little hope.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've lost hope. I was like, it's not gonna work out. I'm tired of dealing people. And then obviously, like any other armb artists on the rise are just like, all right, fine, I'll give it a try again. And you give it a try again. You do the same thing. You just keep going, you bounce back and forth. And you know, I remember going being in Miami, going back to Miami, going to visit Mike and yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah. That went to his wedding and we cool. It was just some stupid you know, just boys, you know, you know, it's just some super stuff. But but you know, going back and then we're like, Mike's like, yo, I got this connection at Satai, which that's my favorite place in Miami, Satai, go kick it. He's like, yo, I got this hook up. Thenny Kravit spot is upstairs. Let's go up there, very nice studio. We go up there, kick it, hang out, and I'm like, man, maybe I can get a deal through the producing all that, and that fell through.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: The dude we talked to was like, yeah, you're not ready yet and all this, which just discourags me more so, took my ass back home, got me another job, quit again.
Speaker 1: Hm hmmm. One thing you can do though, is good job.
Speaker 4: I work job. I'll go to Wendy's right now, whip up a double.
Speaker 1: They got the orange frosty. They do because because there there's shape machines, work work.
Speaker 4: You go to McDonald's anytime. I'm sorry, we try to do it.
Speaker 1: Love the commercial.
Speaker 4: Oh you know, I love me some French fries from McDonalds. I love it so much. I love it.
Speaker 1: You know what, you know what?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I'll be completely honest with you. Know what I get at McDonald's if I do go m I get a triple cheeseburg AD Max sauce, triple cheese, triple cheeseburger, ad Max Sauce, extra cheese. Mm hmm, triple triple triple cheeseburger, ad Max sauce, extra cheese.
Speaker 1: So bad. Let's get out of there. Let's get let's get out of there. Let's get out of there. Yo, go ahead and get out.
Speaker 4: This is this hay Money podcast.
Speaker 1: It's not good.
Speaker 4: This is this is not a good idea.
Speaker 1: To get out of there. You're back in Miami.
Speaker 4: I'm back home. Got another job, got another job. Jiffy lou Oh ship yea worked a Jiffy Loupe. You changing oil, I'm changing oil. I'm changing oil.
Speaker 2: Everything to be next to these cars though, absolutely, you know I don't like cars like that.
Speaker 4: You don't know.
Speaker 1: Your work, and I love it on a whole nother level.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it bleeds off into how I do music now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you're not going to be without something. No, yeah, you're not going to be with helthing is a car. He's not going to be without a car.
Speaker 4: Oh. My boy's yelling me every day about a car.
Speaker 2: Just like, no, I leave the dealership before they can tell me what the car does. Oh for real, I don't want to hear any of that ship. I'm the one going break them down, and I'm like, what happened?
Speaker 1: And why did ship keep blinking? If he must have a rage rover?
Speaker 2: If you want to, we can come by and do the full intro in the car, like, yeah, I'm gonna call you back.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I didn't let my last car, didn't let him detail it.
Speaker 4: Why.
Speaker 1: I was like, hey man, I got I got ship, I gotta. They were like, sir, I don't know if we sold a car this fast before. I was like, what's meeting? Okay? Cool? Have my keys please?
Speaker 4: Oh I see what you're saying. Oh yeah, okay, I feel it's like, let me get it, just let me get it. Like the car already, That's one thing I don't like to do. Discover the blue tooth. You know, I'm not gonna That's one thing if I'm buying, like, I do not want to sit in the dealership either let's get let's get it, or'm gonna change my mind.
Speaker 1: I thought I didn't have a glove compartment though, because I didn't ask what. You didn't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't know where it was because it doesn't show what was it a Tesla? Well, we're not gonn talk about my car because you know it's crazy people out here. So I would hate for the car. You don't know this is my last car, but you have now Yeah. Yeah, there's like a button that you push.
Speaker 1: You know it's a car, but it's a spaceship. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then I'm getting what you put in.
Speaker 1: I'm picking up what you nigga I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: I was like, like, where is it at?
Speaker 2: And then it's one of those things where you feel stupid because you should.
Speaker 1: Know that, and I'm like, I can't.
Speaker 4: How about I just tell you.
Speaker 1: I got to call these people. I gotta say, man, I know I pulled it offst.
Speaker 4: And he's laughing. He's laughing at you, like I told him he knew it all. Like okay, she was European too, Oh she's She's like, I just trying to.
Speaker 2: Tell you I've done that before with a Lamborghini I rented. Oh and the guy was like, okay, you need doing anything about the car? No, I know everything about Lamborghinis.
Speaker 4: And trying to take off and be like where driving. I was at the station like this, what button do I push?
Speaker 1: Nigga?
Speaker 4: Oh, oh, it's the way to the cram.
Speaker 1: My girl was in the car like this, come on, we gotta go the know.
Speaker 4: I know, I'm trying to figure it out, calling me where your nigga's up? Yeah, he's checking.
Speaker 1: He should pay more attention like London, does man know.
Speaker 4: When you get a car, tell you where's that?
Speaker 3: You're like a car, a car, a real car enthusiast. In terms of her workings, I'm just I'm I like the seats in the outside.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 4: He's not gonna buy anything. My My thing is I'm not I'm not buying a car unless I'm continuously look back at it, Like if I'm not looking back at it like if a badass chick walks past me and she got that dang, I'm gonna keep looking back until it's go, until it's out of my sight, so I don't get out. Yeah, if I get out of car and I'm looking bad, like man, that is a bad motherfucker. Yeah, then that's when you get it. But if I walk away from the car and I don't look back at it, I should.
Speaker 1: Not have that car.
Speaker 3: I want women to understand the connection between MOCHIESE male and the car.
Speaker 1: Mhmm. But between testosterone and the car make me want to get back in that it is connected. It is connected because.
Speaker 4: They put out so many cars, so many cars out there in Italian, German, American.
Speaker 1: When you got the right one, m h and forget about the agent, fire up night. Don't forget about the cars. They make an agent. They do have Asian concepts. Some about your ego, yeah, some about your stars.
Speaker 4: The room levels absolutely going to flare up.
Speaker 1: When you pull up the right way.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: Let us do what we do, ladies, let.
Speaker 4: Us do what we do.
Speaker 3: That's y'all got purses, all that shoes, y'all got make up, all that y'all got shoes.
Speaker 1: Let us have our cars.
Speaker 4: Just let us have a car.
Speaker 2: That many cars? You got now, brother, I just got rid of three or two? I just got rid of three? Oh yeah, yeah, he the old.
Speaker 1: I got rid.
Speaker 4: No, no, I'm down to just two now. And then after and then after you have after the tour at one point and then after the tour, he was me, see R.
Speaker 1: And B money always take his cars. So it says, well, I.
Speaker 4: Mean if I go over his house, I'm definitely gonna be like what you got about the people know something?
Speaker 1: It was I was, I was gonna give him the money.
Speaker 4: You ain't gonna give him the money.
Speaker 1: I just needed it for something else. You coffee?
Speaker 4: Coffee, he said, probably hot in the back record right now, Shade Tree.
Speaker 3: I needed the money for something else else. B family, give me to give me to the discovery that changes everything.
Speaker 4: The discovery that changes everything is h me about to this is okay the end of twenty fifteen. I'm back home. And uh a friend of mine, close friend of mine that's been through the trenches or day one, DeMarco Black shout out to Marco he had a connection to Jazzy Fay and Uh it was one of the things that me and him go at it all the time because it's just like he calls me all every every week. I got this thing. We gotta do it. And I was like, not now. Call his nickname is black. I was black, not now, Not now, man, I don't.
Speaker 1: Want to do it.
Speaker 4: No, man, this is it. I'm telling you. He talks like Jesse be like what up, ken Folk, what's up?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: And he was like, come on, man, come by the house. You know I got something for you. Man, I don't think we can we could do something like no, like you just said that last week and the week before that and the week before that. I'm tired, man. I just want to get another I just want to get another job. I'm about to graduate truck drive in school. I'm about to be a trucker. You're gonna get your CDA, I'm going to get my CDL. I'm gonna make this ADGS a year. I'm gonna have a family, and it's gonna be a rap, you know what I'm saying. And he's like, no, man, just come by. I was like, all right, Like fine, man, fine, fine, fine, I come by. You got you got some liquor over there? Because I gotta get through this. I gotta get through this. I gotta get through it. He I got something, man, I got some verity in the fridge I got I was like, I'll pick up something. So then after that we get there and he says, I got a connection to Jazzy and I'm like, okay, I'm listening. I got the connection to Jazzy. I text Jazzy.
Speaker 1: Yo, what's up man.
Speaker 4: My name's October London. I'm friends with such and so.
Speaker 1: So you have the name now though you okay?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah I had to. I had the name. Yeah, I had the name at that point and I was like, okay, you know, I got some songs. He was like, okay, cool, yeah, just just just email them to me. I'm like, and now it was all day. I was waiting on text. I'm like, once again, I don't wait some more damn time and flaking. Oh bet. I'm like, yeah, yeah, back to the crib, hurry up. I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Go back.
Speaker 4: Put on you know, turn on the computer, open up the hard drive. I'm just that one, that one, that one, that one, that one's for this, that's that's for ti. Uh, that's for that's for t I, that's for Rick Ross. This is for this person. And I just sent it to him and he nothing. I was like, yah, I just send it to You's like all right, bet, I'm gonna check him out. Nothing all night, Like two o'clock in the morning, wake up. Oh shit, Jerzy calling me?
Speaker 5: Shut Yo?
Speaker 4: What up Jazzy? Yoh Hey yeah, man, dog you got some bangers, you got some hits, man, I got I got some ideas.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Just sit tight, dogs, don't move. I got you, all right, man? Cool Now. Obviously, next morning, I got to finish my truck in school. So I'm gonna keep doing it because remember I didn't give it up fourteen, you know, fifteen eleven times, and I'm over and I'm like, man, it's gonna be he gonna be like, it's not your time, blah blah blah. I'm like, man, I'm gonna get my CDA. I'm gonna get this money. And you know, dude, I'm supposed to do I do that next. You know, a couple of days after that, he hits me up, Yo, I think I think I think you got something.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Just sit tight. My damn it is it tight again? I don't waited a month, like I'm gonna need to fast forward now. Remember that was the end of twenty fifteen, so November December, you know, get through the holidays thing. But he's staying in contact. Now he's consistently. Now it's every couple of days we're talking. I'm sending more stuff. And now fast forward to February, right before Super Bowl. Think the night before a couple of days before twenty sixteen, he hissed me. He's like, Yo, remember we've been talking. Remember I told you I was gonna send them songs to somebody and dah da da dah We're gonna do something like yeah, yeah, yeah. He's like, just stay by the phone. I was like today he was like, I don't know, not right, not in today, but in the next couple of days, I was like, okay, cool. Now I'm at my parents house, we're watching football whatever, Jazz. He calls me, yo, Remember I asked somebody you can talk to him? Like, yeah, puts a girl on the phone. It's Rick James daughter. So I'm like, oh, talking to her whatever. I'm like, oh yo, I'm like, okay, that was cool. You know what I'm saying that was dope, you know. And he's like, okay, well, I'm put you on the phone a person that I told you. I was like, oh, I thought that was who I was fust talk to. Hey, what's up, nephew. It's the big homie Snoop Dog. I'm like that. I was like, Yo, sounds sounds like an intro to an album. Absolutely. I'm like, I'm in my parents kitchen.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 4: I'm like trying to, like, I'll go downstairs, look at my dad. I'm like like, yo, know it's crazyno. He's like, that's Snoop Snoop. You're watching football? Like what you know what I'm saying, like trying to watch the Bears, you know. He's a Bears fan, sadly to say anyway, So I'm like, all r I'm talking to me. He's like, Yo, I want to I want to fly you out.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: I'm a big fan of your work.
Speaker 1: Man. I love Colorblind songs and everything.
Speaker 4: He started naming songs. I had a song called Colorblind that sound very Marvin esque, and he was like, I love that, man. You know, I'm you know, just just you know, sit tight, you know what I'm saying. And we're gonna work it out, but I definitely want to get you out here to La. I'm a link with Jazzy. We're gonna get it together. But blah blah blah. I was like, all right, bet, bet Snoop, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Literally.
Speaker 4: A little less than a month later, Snoop's like, Yo, we're about to fly you out. Flew out to Uh flo out to La, went to Snoops Compound. You know what I'm saying, met him, came out and he's a libra, so instantly it was like we've been knowing each other for years. He was like, Yo, what up, big homing man, what's up man? Blah blah blah blah blah blah. When the studio, he played one track because he was testing me. Now at this point, remember that work ethic. That's where it's like and I'm knocking knocking shit out like this place. He's like, what do you think of this? I'm like, it's dope. I go in to booth, bam, knock it out. He's like, shit, okay, he was like, dope. We did this record called a top Down. I don't know. You probably can find it on spoder. It's twenty sixteen, twenty sixteen, and I'm in the studio with Snoop Dogg and I'm just like, holy shit, I think this might be it. I'm calling Jamie and Sean and this is it. Nigga, just it filing. They didn't see me give up eighty times. You know, They're like, oh, we hope so nigga right, you know, like damn and I signed to I signed to a Cadillac Records at that point, that was Snoops thing is Cadillac Records signed a Cadllak Records, and we just started cranking out songs and we cranked out two albums or one album that was a two part series. And I was just getting on every song that he had. He was just like, yo, jump on this album. Since twenty sixteen, I've been on every project he's at, evenoos Snoop and Martha Stewart presents a cooking with Smartha. That's me singing the intro.
Speaker 1: So he put me on.
Speaker 4: And I want to say this, being on death Row has been absolutely amazing, absolutely because I have all my creative control. He's like, what you feel like on this next album? I feel like doing DM all right, cool, let me know what.
Speaker 1: It's done. That's it.
Speaker 4: There's no well, I mean you know what I'm saying, like, you know, fourteen people over my shoulder, like oh well, I don't think and that shouldn't and this is we can't market this this. He's like, man, this is covied, let's just do it.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: Because you know him, he's just.
Speaker 1: Freedom, freedom, everything, and he does everything. Yeah, he does everything.
Speaker 4: So when he sees me going in because I engineered, I master, I mix, I produce and I'm writing, he was like, oh okay, bet and we're gonna see And he tried it out and we did it. I knocked out an album and I knocked out the first album that we did in three or four days. I actually got sick doing it. I knocked out in four days because I'm like, though, this opportunity I can't miss, right, and that work at the Kittain and I knocked out. I knocked out eighteen songs in four days. And he was like, holy shit, and we put out all of them. We just dropped it. He was like damn. And I was still trying to go. He's like, no, go back to the hotel, get you some rest. I was like, I don't want to miss anything. I don't right, it's an opportunity. I was like, okay, cool. I went back to the hotel robotuests and robotuzzin robot doesn't and got back and he was just like, yo, you got something. And then everybody started flocking in Faith Evans. You know, it's so many, just so many people, artists started coming in just to see what was going on. And that was just That's when I was like, yeah, that's I think I'm out of here. That was twenty sixteen. I've been rocking winning for weather eight years.
Speaker 1: Now. How long did it take for you to move? Are you still living in Oh?
Speaker 4: No, I'm still living Indiana. Absolutely. You take all the money you're making, you go live there.
Speaker 2: No, No, you know what I'm saying. When you were working, obviously you went home. Yeah eventually, but I'm saying eventually yeah, yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I stayed out there for I don't know, a month or something like that, okay, and then went back home. And then I was just going back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. I gave up truck and I was like I didn't even finish.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like forget it, so I can't put this work drug spot. You can go ahead, we can buy some trucks up. I'll be trying to figure out how to turn to yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, oh yeah yeah yeah yeah. You know I got some people don't got yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: You know the nigga that they wrapped the back, man, I'm sure he got Lord, he got the pounds man, god yeah, mercy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, it's it's and it's been a ride since man, but being on death Row is just so it's it's it's really I'm happy. Yeah, I'm a happy artist.
Speaker 1: I'm not like, that's great to fucking hear that.
Speaker 4: I gotta work on this album that I don't want to do and I like and Snoop no like my work, like the work ethic. He'll hit me and be like, yo, I just sent you a record thirty to forty five seconds I give, I give a record for me to make a hook. If I don't hear it in forty five seconds, I don't do it. And Snoop knows that he won't.
Speaker 1: Even hit me back.
Speaker 4: He'd be like, I'll have something back in a couple of minutes if he wants to do it. He'll do it. If not, I don't, He's like, I'm not calling him forty five seconds, So play me a beat.
Speaker 1: You a first listening guy.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, absolutely, I'm just a first listen I just want to do it. If I want to do it, I'm gonna give you. I'm because I just don't want to ever give anybody shit work. Yeah, I just don't like if he sent me something I don't like. Jesus Christ, I know I gotta put him forward because I've looked up to him for a long time and vocals of the runs and everything, you know, study him, you know what I'm saying. That's what it's all about. Like artists be like, oh I got it, and no, man, shut up, listen and study, sit back, shut the fuck up, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And then just progress, you know, just to Snoop though. First of all, Snoop, get all the shouts, man, because Snoop is one of my favorite human beings. Yeah, period, and every time I mean over the last shiit twenty something years, every time I've ever seen Snoop, it's been it's always love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what he leads with, smile and some what's going on?
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, It's like inviting. It's like, man, what you need Snoop? You didn't need to do anything?
Speaker 1: What can I do for you?
Speaker 3: It's like these personality So I can imagine being in a space where you get to be creative and get to be yourself with a guy like Snoop, who is just the ultimate cheerleader.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, do his thing.
Speaker 4: That's right, right, and he got the power, has the power power. He's likable everywhere everywhere commercial Snoop, Commercial, Olympics, Snoop everywhere, Corona Snoop.
Speaker 2: I was about to say that, you know, during COVID he had a Corona commercial. Because you need Snoop to change the narrative of what they are connecting to this brand.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, who do you call you? Cap? You need it cool? You need to be cool, be cool, you need it to be cooled Snoop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that's great, that's great. So okay, so now we we're working on we're working on the on your projects purely indy at this point, though, like y'all fully indie, because at this point there's no there's.
Speaker 1: No death row.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no death Row at this point right fast forward to only twenty was that we're in twenty we're in twenty four, so twenty twenty three when he when he acquired death Row, I was in the room's year. No, I've been with him for example Aqua Row. Yeah it's been I think it has been a little over a year. I believe, yeah, just over a year. And it's like I was in the room where I'm like him doing it, and as he's getting off the phone like okay, cool, we got da da da bam October, He's like he's like, you hear that. I'm like, yeah, was I supposed to be in the room here and all this? I don't know that. That man is the like he is so transparent with me. No artists should be like like, well, every artist should be you know here in these cos I want to say, no, every artist should be hearing these conversations. I'll be like, I'm gonna give you a minute. He's like, set the fuck down, Like he's like, no, I want you to hear this. Hear these conversations. Hear what's going on, so you can understand, you know, for when I'm gone or whatever whatever, when you're when you want to just explore old after you can, you know. And I've learned so much from him just being like, noa sit here, chill drank listening to this conversation. I've been in the room with so many people execs and everything, and everybody's executive and I'm the only person just sitting there. And I'm like, you don't see me sitting in the bay, like sitting in a circle, and I'm just sitting there and I'm just quiet and I'm just listening because I have nothing to say. I don't have any weight in this circle. And I'm just like, Damn, that's how labels think. Damn, that's how good, Damn what Being on death Row is the best thing for me. Like, I don't want to be a part of this shit. It's crazy. So it's like doing that and like having that creative control and being able to just do stuff and be you know, it's I love it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: I'll retire from death Row. I'm not going. I'm not going anywhere else. It would be a death sentence for me to go anywhere else. That's how I really feel. If you want me to be real on this podcast, it'd be a death sentence for me to go anywhere else.
Speaker 1: Wow, I've never heard it already say that about a label ever. Incredible.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Give me the breakout October London moment for you. Back to your place? Mm hm, back to your place.
Speaker 4: And we didn't when we came out with the album Rebirth of Marvin, which is out on all streaming platforms.
Speaker 1: You Rebirth of Marvel hard copies too. Did y'all do anything?
Speaker 4: No, we're about to do Vinyl about to say, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah vinyl. Yeah, so I think we're about to. We need to tell you a piece of vinyl to put up here that you want to meet it. I got yall, man, Yes, can we just.
Speaker 1: Problem we really fuck with you? Brog I'm just a truck. I'm just said, he's just a trucker. I'm just know you not nigga. You can't get these packs off. I'm trying to get off. You can't, no motherfucker drug nigga you're talking about.
Speaker 4: No, I just got too big for bridge, not too big for your I don't know what the truck. No more talking about. You don't want to always one one nigga. You better, you better get you better get that. Don't want a truck, Yeah, Hollywood, you know what, Hollywood.
Speaker 1: He don't want to try about.
Speaker 4: He don't eat ramen no more. He don't eat rhyme ram he steak tar tar.
Speaker 1: Don't be a steak.
Speaker 4: They gonna be a rhymen.
Speaker 1: Nigga, that's boozie to another.
Speaker 4: By the way, I still make the best rhymen. But anyway, talk about you know, let me really get a rest. I get the rest right now.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: Everybody laughs at me. Know for it. I want to know my son thinks I'm the best.
Speaker 1: You cook a spread though.
Speaker 4: I can grill, I can do like steak.
Speaker 1: I can over your head's penitent. He didn't truck long enough, because that's what the because yea calendar.
Speaker 4: See, I don't lost me. I'll wait till you return. I'll wait till you nigga, I thought you was the king of South being. Oh I am I am that, Oh I am that somebody right now South. It was like I thought I was the king of South. No no, no, no, no, no no no no.
Speaker 1: You got this record, you got this thing that's.
Speaker 4: Going I'm breaking out. I'm in the middle of making amazing cuisine Ramen. I'm breaking out. But we dropped the we dropped Rebirth of Marvin, and we didn't want to drop a single first, so we were like, yo, let's just let's just put the album out and let the fans decide what the single should be. Because at first this point we're like, oh, we're gonna put out the Way You Move or what one of the one of the records, this is the one. Let's just let the people decide. Put it out and we see which is crazy? You see just all of the you know on iTunes where you see like the popularity, Yeah, they're all going up, and I'm just like, which one ones? Lord and this? So I think I'm just like but back to your place. They the radio stations started saying no, that's the one. We're like, okay, okay, all right, let's let's do that. And it's just it's like longest running R and B song of the year something like that, Like I forget how many weeks I want to get it wrong, it's template ten plus or something like that.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, you had a run run with that record.
Speaker 4: I had a nice little run with it.
Speaker 1: So I want to talking to talking to Sam about it.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, yep, yep.
Speaker 1: It was like October London, he's got this record just like I love him. It's it's massive.
Speaker 2: I love him, and so so this is what we're gonna Dott, This what we're gonna do. We got to put butts in the seats. So we're gonna get I need I need you to get October London. I need you call him for me. I need October London. You and like Nigga shout out that record went up. You were immediately in the conversation that's crazy immediately, and we need him on the shows.
Speaker 4: And when Sam things like you and you, you and Tank and I was like, Man was like hell yeah, hell yeah, I'm not taking my shirt off, but hell yeah. You know what I'm saying. I don't contract me to do that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Oh there, but as long as I have my cigar on my liquor, I'm good to go.
Speaker 1: Tell me the difference.
Speaker 3: I mean, because we've all been through it, the experience of before this record drops and you just kind of having your shows and making your way through the mall to now this record is number one, and now you have your shows and you're making your way through the mall.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's crazy. It wasn't even the mall, it was the airports.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out. Shout out to the TSA workers. Absolutely everything they.
Speaker 2: See everybody top flight security cracking. They're not going to say anything no, but if you're cracking, they gonna sing your song. They're gonna say shit you said on the podcast.
Speaker 4: Absolutely because they're like they in it. They're like, oh, I'm going through TSA Preja and they're like, you ain't got no cigar on you, huh? And I'm like, oh, I'm like oh, okay. On the way here, I was like, yo, the lady was like, take off your glasses. I'm like, huh, take off your glasses. I took off my glasses and she just stopped talking. She just went on a bottle whel okay, put.
Speaker 1: Them back on.
Speaker 4: She was like, take off your glasses and I was like what. She was like, you that one nigga?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do that.
Speaker 4: You have one singing nigga. I know you are my grandmamna.
Speaker 6: Love you.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 4: I was like yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I told her.
Speaker 4: She was like I knew it all right going about to day. I was like, all right, but now it's that, and then now then mhalland Drive is number one, yeah, and now it's yeah slot man. I judge it off of being back home because back home everybody knows me. But it's like it's Jared. So I'm coming through. I meant Lemon Pepper Wings out to find Lindon Grill. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Even even feed me for fifteen plus when I go up to South Ben that's what I got to go.
Speaker 4: London Grill. That's the first stop. And then the second step London Linden Grill.
Speaker 1: So the second stop, the second.
Speaker 4: Stop Frankie's Barbecue bening business for fifty plus.
Speaker 1: Your like sound frank that sounds likes that sound like something you want to be.
Speaker 4: If you ain't going to Linden and Frankie's on your first day, you should have Linden Grill for lunch. Get the Linden Pepper Wings or the October London Meal because they do. Hey hey, hey, he got his own money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what R and V money, dude.
Speaker 4: He got his own money. Yeah, and his own meal, the October London Meal.
Speaker 1: After you see some meals back home. Get on. I'm following his footsteps. I'm going make some call.
Speaker 6: Dog.
Speaker 1: Somebody give me my fucking meal. Amn, ye big in mind, thank you, because man, he got the restaurants and she give me a goddamn meal. Man, we need a Valentine Vegan.
Speaker 4: Vegan Tank the drink. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It is that's Tank Away himself right there.
Speaker 4: You gotta have a drink, man, you know. So you go to you gotta go lind the grill and you gotta do franks. After that, there's a lot of boogie stuff. But that is like where you go get that, okay, Grandmama made woman.
Speaker 1: Is where you get your indicators home.
Speaker 4: It's work, yeah, absolutely, because before it's like, all right, what's up, Jared?
Speaker 1: What what? Okay? Cool? Whatever?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, I'm pulling up in the buick. Now it's just I'm eating and I'm with my son and there's fifteen people out there and they're just like and I'm cool with everybody, like i'd know beef for nobody. I'm good in my city, like I talked to everybody. I'm not like, oh, give me a man, I don't need like I'm gonna do that, Like I could be on the phone or something like that. Just give me a second. I'll take it. Yeah, for sure. I don't be like no, man, leave me. I'm like that. You know what I'm saying, because God gave me this blessing and and if you know what I'm saying, if I were to abuse this power, you're grateful. Yeah, I'm very grateful, very grateful. Like my ship talking is always in the studio, I should talking studio all day as soon as I leave that. I'm not a singer. I'm just Jared here and so I'm just I'm just me. Yeah, I'll take a picture and do all that. So me and my son would out and there'll be a bunch of people out there taking pictures. And let me see the car. Man, I'm opening a car you sit in and I.
Speaker 1: Don't care about that because you said you would before you suld pull on. Yeah now now what do you those open?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: This way?
Speaker 4: And now they open yes, you know yeah, yeah look up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: At first it was business and that was pleasure.
Speaker 1: Because when the legs go that way, you know, can we just get we can?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Back, yeah, come on trying to base myself, keep clecking glasses.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, you know, that's how it is. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, So yeah, being.
Speaker 4: Home and just chilling and all that. So I'm still so that's how I'm like, when it starts getting crazy at home, it's going to get real crazy over there. And that's exactly how it is now. It's like getting to that point where it's like, Okay, a little attention, pan attention. It's a lot going on here and as soon as I leave and it's paparazzi or it's you know, being in South Carolina or Alabama and people are you know, or Philly. One day, I was like having a Michael Jackson moment. I've walked out not masicket, but the security there. My security no better, but the security I had there. They took me out the wrong door. It was right when everybody was coming out after my show. It was a run down the escalator thing.
Speaker 1: It was, so it's that's your craziest fan moment.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, that was like a MI like. It was that moment. I was like, oh yeah, I was like, I don't know if I'm ready for this mic No what I'm just saying it was that moment you know where everybody is. You know, it's a chance, it's a it's like you know what I'm saying. I got all these older women and they just I'll cook your grints, you know what I'm saying, Like, come on by the house.
Speaker 1: We heard them stories before.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm making some chicken.
Speaker 1: Cook it.
Speaker 4: Oh they'll cook it. They're like, come to the crib. I live at three ninety five.
Speaker 1: You talking about the ones that put their hands in the oh, just going in.
Speaker 2: They don't use the utensils. They go like this here, baby, ain't seen the tong They like that.
Speaker 4: The tornado twistering at.
Speaker 1: Shaking it in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dog, yeah, they going in. They going in.
Speaker 2: Your DM is gonna go crazy right now because you know the O Jesus they own the social media.
Speaker 1: Like they on the social media like I like to eat.
Speaker 2: So I stayed getting the boy if I was, well you not, ma'am, Well you're not, man, take that girl.
Speaker 4: That was good.
Speaker 2: That's on the tour, bro, that's the tour I came. I came to one of your dates with my guy John Brown.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, tour man. Absolutely in a great room like Dallas is something money Dallas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, and.
Speaker 1: That wasn't there was that. I just be remembering ship that was.
Speaker 3: You missed everything like Elephant. It was like that was your first headline tour. Yeah, absolutely, give me, give me that experience wrapped that up.
Speaker 4: First headline tour was was incredible. Man, we did we did great. Numbers turned out really great. That was just a really great learning experience because you know, funding the tour.
Speaker 1: Oh, we know you want to talk about funding.
Speaker 4: Us three. No, what that's all about. A lot of people don't understand in funding ain't no funding, funding, ain't no fund and funded.
Speaker 1: I don't think people really get it.
Speaker 2: No, you really love your fans, absolutely, you have to really love your fans.
Speaker 4: They're like, oh, he's making this much. Yeah, but it's that much coming out maybe more, maybe more, maybe more sometimes you and the negative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they overages is what they call them.
Speaker 2: Exactly what you mean is oh yeah, y'all pulled up thirty exactly when you were supposed to load in it right right.
Speaker 4: That tour didn't favor that damn rolls.
Speaker 1: That was royalty.
Speaker 4: That wasn't no tour tour. I mean Roman, Yeah, you know what I'm saying, it's just that's what it is. Uh, twenty five hundred I think, yeah, something like that. Mm hmm, yeah, I think I think twenty five hundred eighteen or twenty five something like that. So, you know, we did Madison Square Garden and the twenty five year because they got different with the theater. We did the theater. I did that with Babyface. Yeah, man, we did Uh oh, I forget what it's called down I did. I just did something with Buster. But but that was a great experience and it was a really great learning experience from me and my team because you know, I got my boys, man, I got you know, Seawan and Jamie are here. You know, those are my day ones, you know, twenty plus years of being friends. So I got them. I got my whole team's trying to buy you know, ones doing merch ones my day to day which is Jamie Shawn's of renaissancement. That dude just does everything. He's all over the place. Funny story. I called that dude real quick and was like, yo, oh, I'm not We were standing. I was like, I'm out of cigars. I'm out of cigars before I go on stage, and he's like, oh, man, okay, I dropped the ball. I'm gonna go get it. I thought he was getting an uber, so I called him, Sean, Yo, I'm about to go on stage in like ten minutes. He said, I'm about to pull up and all I here is and I'm like, oh, you got your window down.
Speaker 1: He's like no, No. I was like, well were you? I'm on a scooter.
Speaker 4: He was on a line scooter. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on the thing and pulled up with a cigar, like we'll make it. Do what he do, bab So.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Sean, You're going to get them cigars. Come on, take me, take it. Drink for se Take it drink for Sean. Shout after Sean, Man, you know what I'm saying. We're going to get them scars on. He calls him a Cadillac for some reason.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so you don't go on stage without a stick.
Speaker 4: No. No, I've had one where Sheriff was in the audience and he gave me a cigar that exactly what I smoked, the placencia of the green labels, and he was like, I got one for you, and he came up. Probably the most emotional part of the the whole entire tour. It was amazing and I love the whole tour. The most memorable was you know this guy, he comes up and he's saying me the cigar, and I'm just like, oh, thank you so much. I'm like, yo, tell him to come up. You can come up and watch the show from the stage. And they brought him up and I got a cigar. I'm like, thank you, man, I appreciate it. Get off. I give him this big hug and he looks at me. He's like, man, I was about to kill myself. He's like, man, I listened to your album man, and I just kind of got through it. And I'm like, huh, yeah, you're about to what.
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 4: He was like, I was going through stuff, man. And that's when it kind of hit me, like is my music really doing like because to me, I make so much of it. I'm just doing it and I'm like a machine. I'm not thinking of anything else after it. I'm just thinking of just making different content. And I'm just like I just blew my mind. And that was towards I think the end of the tour, and I was just like that was the most emotional moments. I was just like, I didn't know that this was doing anything to people. To be honest, I just make music. I don't know how it touches people. And then when they come up and say that, I had a seven year old girl come up and sing mahaland dry front to back, I'm like, what.
Speaker 1: Now, my daughter knows exactly who you are.
Speaker 4: I'm just like, wow, Oh, I'm just from India. Say Indiana cat I'm just doing music, you know, and.
Speaker 1: You know you know Indiana cats man, It's something in the water.
Speaker 2: Come on, bro, don't just don't just say I'm just Indiana cat man.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I mean we got we got Michael Michaels from from the Land.
Speaker 1: Brother, you're from the Land.
Speaker 4: Well, and you know we got my we and j and Tito Nigga. We got Tito.
Speaker 1: You gotta have.
Speaker 4: We got yeah, you gotta have. We gotta have t Though, we got the whole Jack five, we got everybody, come on, man. So it's just I don't know. It's just weird to see people really loving the music, because when I put it out, I get closed off. I'm just like they're gonna hate it. We knew I should have put more vocals on this.
Speaker 2: Ride if you even go more vocals, we got babyface. Yeah, you got the Edmonds brothers. You gotta, I mean, you got after seven. Come on, y'all listen, wait after seven related they're his brothers. Oh yeah, well this just starting to kick in.
Speaker 4: This is starting to kick in. This is brought to you by death Row. Oh ship, here we go again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got real heavy hitters, bro man, y'all got real heavy hitters out of Indiana.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: So don't just say like I'm just a guy out of Indiana. You're from a special place, bro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because South Bend, everybody just thinks the sports. They don't give a ship about the music part, because they're just like, we want sports, want football, Notre Dame, you know what I'm saying. And now seeing that now that Notre Dame is even recognizing, like, oh, like my city gave me a proclamation so I have my own day and all that kind of yeah, what's your day September October? Every time I say that, they say, yo, why isn't it in October? And I'm like, you got a good point, But I was so on a natural high.
Speaker 1: You just took it.
Speaker 4: I took it. I said, ship whatever, change it for you. Yeah, absolutely, I think we should change it. Might well change to my birthday.
Speaker 1: Seventeenth is the new being Yeah, yeah, yeah, Mayor Pete.
Speaker 4: He's in the office now, he's in he's around the White House. Now I need to give me something.
Speaker 1: We will give you a day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna give you a day.
Speaker 1: We got a gift for you in September, butrary.
Speaker 4: You drinking with us.
Speaker 1: We got a day in August. It's really gonna change your life.
Speaker 4: We gotta in August.
Speaker 1: You just stick around. I promise you, we're gonna do something special for you. In the it's seen today.
Speaker 4: It's the who you got the wrong man, man cam.
Speaker 1: Thief is what you are today.
Speaker 4: That's not me.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take care that's not me in a special way.
Speaker 4: My son's birthday is November third. I wonder if he's gonna be November London, if he be artist, because he's an E D M. He's his favorite R was DJ Marshmallow. So now you got to get in touch with DJ Marshmallow somehow, some way, and so shout out DJ Marshmallow. Please call me or hit me up because I need my son to.
Speaker 1: Meet I'm sure Snoopy knows.
Speaker 4: Maybe you could because you.
Speaker 2: The tank knows and ship Okay. I was about to say, stoopid, I need it, I need it. Yeah, November London. November London is actually yeah, he's already already.
Speaker 4: He's already going in see all the basketball games like November not Uncle Jay, you the old what the end? No matter what you are doing London. There we go, there it is he already, he's already his school, like you know, like I said, my sons seven by turn eight November thirty and he's talking talk. Oh no, he's he's he's into it. I just hear him in the here's the crazy part. I think he's I think he's not gonna do me. I think it's gonna be into movies and have the music in it. Because I go in his room, He's like, Dad, I'm making a movie right now. And I'm like, all right, son, I just was coming in here. If you want some something to eat, he was like yeah, I'm hungry. I'm like all right.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 4: So he's in there like building a set and cameras come down and like Carrer's car fanatic too. Cars are the cyber truck is rolled over on its side. This car then blew up and this and that, like I just I'm just I love my imagination. Let him cook. And then he's playing music. This is what and he's rolled. I'm just watching from the corner door and the cars coming down.
Speaker 1: And he's just.
Speaker 2: We were having this conversation earlier today, myself, my brother and my brother tank.
Speaker 1: Parents, stop being killers of dreams. Speak on him, speak on it. Every kid is not prepared to fight against that. You can't do something. Some kids need this.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: You can do whatever you want to do. Yep, you will make movies. I'm gonna come to your movie.
Speaker 4: I'm a company movie.
Speaker 1: They need to see that.
Speaker 2: They need to hear that, parents, because you are the first superheroes for these kids.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, do not kill their dreams. Absolutely. This man's parents let him live in the house until.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, until I'm still eating food.
Speaker 1: He was just saying, that's something I picked up every time you went back I went to.
Speaker 4: Mom and dad, Mama, Daddy, my dad always yeah, my dad alway telling me, He's like, I leave a light on next to the front door and the other door because just in case y'all want to come home. He's like, and I'm gonna do that until they I die. He was like, light is always on, and it is every freaking night. It's been like that for I'm thirty seven by to.
Speaker 1: Be thirty eight.
Speaker 4: It's been like that every time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love them for it.
Speaker 4: I love my parents for it. So now they're instilling all that knowledge into my son.
Speaker 1: And now you know, and and my.
Speaker 4: Son is on doggy Oh by the way, you know, you know me, Snoop. You know, I'm a co owner of Doggyland. The kids talk about it, and I put my son on that, so it's like, you know, he's getting a piece of that.
Speaker 1: So he's getting that that.
Speaker 4: Long that long generation, that generational that generates. Yeah, So I do the voice of Wolfy. I do the music, so I'm producing, right, a lot of the music. And then co owner also me Claude Brooks and Snoop are the owners of Dogland kids. You know, I'm all over the place. Man, A lot of people don't know, like I'm I'm doing dogging. I'm doing the whole Wolfy voice.
Speaker 1: The doors open, Yeah, and then your son Rose pulls up. Yeah, what this ship is about?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And it's like you know, those those moments for you on tour, like I love those moments for you because sometimes you know, it's hard to it's hard to know. You know where your music lands absolutely and what ultimately is your true purpose, the true purpose for your music, for your existence. You know, and we we love all of the perks that come along with it. But when someone walks up to you and says your music saved my life.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 3: Gives you something different, That gives you a different energy, a different motivation, makes you want to be part of something different, something greater, which you unconsciously are because you work. Absolutely you're one hundred percent dedicated and committed to the work. I'll be in here all night and all day if need be. But I'm glad you got to experience that to know what your music is actually doing. Not just the billboard, not just the back end you pick up.
Speaker 1: No, not that how you how how your gift affects life. That's the muscle important part of it.
Speaker 4: Just thinking about that is.
Speaker 2: They're they're pisses, Like it's like people are watching you that you never imagine people are listening to you, that you are that you never imagine people are finding something in your tone, in your lyrics, in your production that you didn't put there on purpose. It's just there because it's your gift and it's saving and it's healing them.
Speaker 1: Like that's that's what all this is about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's God moving, man, God is moving on, shaking and move, shaking and moving like, Yo, you're not putting that there, You're going here, you're not doing that there. And that's just that's why I just go. When I'm recording, I just go and how it turns out, that's how it turns out. And that's just what it is. And it just it just falls right in the slot every time. I'm just I'm just grateful. I'm just very grateful.
Speaker 1: What's next for you?
Speaker 4: Next?
Speaker 3: For me?
Speaker 4: Well, I know us three are working on a joint project t j O. I think working on that.
Speaker 1: I think that's be more initial yea, the mechanics or something.
Speaker 4: Let us work on these cars, ladies and gentlemen coming to the state steak in shape and shape and sh I wouldn't be in.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: What's next for me is uh, well, two things about to drop the single she keeps calling a single for for the October new album coming October eleventh, called October Nights and the singles coming. Yeah, so thank you, thank you. That snoop title. Once again, he's two titles and he's stay in it, stay in.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yep.
Speaker 4: So I was gonna name the album Triple Cheeseburger Max, but I guess.
Speaker 1: With with the Maxauce.
Speaker 6: Max doing, we're doing that, we're not doing it. We call the album that we're not doing Knights Tripple.
Speaker 1: This is day where we are. Bro, let's go to for two. You got to take out of that. Wow, you're going triple a little bit.
Speaker 4: Oh, I do this, I do this is gonna happen. We all got one room. If we hit a stage together, it's not gonna be good. Backstage, it's not gonna be good. But we're gonna have a great time.
Speaker 1: Man. We do that.
Speaker 4: You have the single, got the single and the album and now it's called October Nights. Singles called She Keeps Calling comes out you know a couple of days and yeah, it's it's it's really dope. So I got that and what else I got? I mean, we keep putting out. Yeah to the tour, yeah, yeah, the tour actually coming out September fourteenth is when we get on the first round. I'm out there with Come on, tell us. I don't know if they're ready. Oh you're I'm out there with Maxwell and Jasmine Sullivan, Maxwell and Jasmine Sullivan.
Speaker 1: Yeah's work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta prepare because they gonna.
Speaker 1: Go work absolutely well for that challenge. Yeah. No, I love it. I love it.
Speaker 4: It makes me better every time I'm not out there like mo No, it makes me better. Twenty six, twenty six cities, forty four days on the road.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I just got that tour bus bill.
Speaker 1: T me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I know, I know, you know you know, but yeah.
Speaker 1: What hit? What it hit? Folk? I was trying to sell my bunk for the nights. He wasn't on to his bunk was eleven hundred.
Speaker 4: Eleven hundred dollars. It's just nasty work.
Speaker 3: With my son out here. Leven honey, eleven here, your godson, eleven hundred. I'm not gonna let you do these lives on me night.
Speaker 2: Charge Zion eleven honey, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, can get his weight up, get his weight up.
Speaker 4: I need to pay the bill, pay his tax. Eleven You gotta learn, and that's with tax.
Speaker 1: Gotta learn eleven. You gotta pay resorts, niggas. I hate that ship. You be thinking you're gonna pay for the nice little role. Yeah, I'm not using your punk as amen.
Speaker 4: Then you gotta pay the minute, these bill and everything else. I might as well pay the.
Speaker 1: Water in the gas. So before you go on your next.
Speaker 4: Tour, Maxwell Tour, Serenade Tour, after.
Speaker 3: You finish that tour, let's talk before you do another tour. We keep we keep saying, but let's let's actually you already booked for another tour right after that.
Speaker 4: This is the ship I just signed on another tour. I can't even say when it is right now, but yeah, I'm no. But let's just go overseas. Why don't we just all go overseas. Let's just go do I got time. I'm gonna have time. Have it between November and the time I'm gonna tell you about next year. I know, yeah, I know, but I'm gonna have that time.
Speaker 1: My brother, I appreciate no memory into the week.
Speaker 4: Why don't we I don't like to.
Speaker 1: Go to it's a come on, man, that I got your flight for this weekend.
Speaker 4: Uh, I'm not going to minneapolet's go.
Speaker 1: But I'm the TV show. I'm trying to good luck nigga. I'm not doing it. Do it by yourself?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, but we should. Let's just let's go do it. I say, let's just go do it. I say, you call my agent, They're gonna call you. We're gonna get a crack.
Speaker 2: Just go.
Speaker 4: We're just doing that. I'm good after Hey, look, I'm free after November one. I'm talking about between November one and oh my son's birthday is the third, so I'm off November fifth through.
Speaker 1: March.
Speaker 4: March is twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: So when do you go with your next door? It is after March. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just can't say that. I can't, you know, no, but we can do it though.
Speaker 1: Who are my top five London? Your top five R and B singers?
Speaker 4: My top five that I could say that have been pivotal in my career because I gotta do that.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: Number one, number one, the one and only R Kelly Hm, unapologetically speaking, R kills the writing, impeccable, impeccable. Number two, you are ready for this?
Speaker 1: Yeah with me? Wait a minute.
Speaker 4: Number three D'Angelo. Yeah, this top five, Number four Maxwell, Yeah, Wow, that's what's crazy. That's how I came full circle, the best full circle of the moment. Number five, thanks Wow, hands down. I'm not saying that because I'm on here. I literally look.
Speaker 1: Up to you. Wow to good brother taking another Top five.
Speaker 4: Toast to creating another monster. Ladies and gentlemen, you are you are him, You are the one they chose. Absolutely your top five R and B songs? Top five R and B songs? Is it okay if I pull out my phone?
Speaker 1: Your world? What do you mean?
Speaker 4: I just want to pull out my phone because I wrote it down because these are the ones that I played the most. I just I just didn't want people to think it was a cheat code.
Speaker 1: Whatever you want to do.
Speaker 4: But my top five I want to the songs that I bang on a daily, daily consistently. Number one Tank, No Limit featuring Alex Yeah, come on Alex.
Speaker 1: Yes and real.
Speaker 4: Real Sanging.
Speaker 3: Alex sent that record back to me with them vocal talk about it, and I said, my god, Cooks, we are shooting.
Speaker 4: A video asap and I love the video. Oh my god, We're gonna get the location I need? Yeah, Yeah, crazy, I love Alex Love We hopefully, hopefully I'll be able to work with her because I know we're friends on Instagram and all we go back and forth.
Speaker 1: Yet we gotta make that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I need no need you on the album too before it come on anyway. Uh, Jeremiah Bryson, Tailler and Chris Brown just came out of a record called wait on It. Dang It every day, just wait on it really.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 4: I'll be it's a I'll be like, oh, and these are the records that just I'm banging right now. Uh, Brent Fayres where you at?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 4: Come on?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 4: Love that record? Love that record, love that record. I've done some well.
Speaker 1: Yes, amen, the Lord's work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Lord.
Speaker 1: The Lord's work.
Speaker 4: The Lord's work, The Lord's work. Anyway, I just ran across an artist I don't know him. I just ran across them, and I was like, oh, this is dope. I need to so shout out to this brother right here. Isaiah Falls is called Diva very dope people. Isaiah Falls Falls and the records called Diva Deep Falls.
Speaker 1: We're looking for you.
Speaker 4: We're looking for you, Isaiah, where you at? And then the last one got to give it up to our brother because I just did a record with him and it's actually coming out on the soundtrack on Friday. I got it because I've been playing this record. Me and Tyree got a song called Bedroom Bully, Bedroom Bully, Bedroom Bully, and it's a monster.
Speaker 1: And this is what I'll say with this.
Speaker 4: You have the first.
Speaker 2: Top five for right now, you're the first. Everybody else does top five of our time. You did your top five, but what you jammer? No, no, no, which is perfect.
Speaker 4: I was like, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: Because you also introduced an artists, Oh absolutely, which is incredible. Yeah, which most male R and B artists don't do. Oh they don't shout out other niggas.
Speaker 1: Oh, definitely niggas.
Speaker 4: I was thought I was going on script. No, going off script.
Speaker 1: You went off script. But you wrote a great one.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you. Yeah, Isaiah falls, Isaiah Falls, diva Diva check that out. Alex Eisley, Yeah, come on, come on, I mean fire as a Beast. And then the Men Tank song Man Bedroom Bully comes out August thirty. Now, see this is the.
Speaker 6: What is.
Speaker 1: Snoop? Probably you make the top of it. Snoop probably was like, you know, we're doing nineteen ninety two right now, that's why. Yeah, you ain't in nineteen ninety two. Yeah, man, I didn't get that call. You didn't get that call either. I'm sure you could have played a gang member in nineteen ninety two or something. But just wait on it. He called me when they feel like.
Speaker 4: They just they just called me when they feel like I've been by the way. I've been trying to get Tank on a record, and he keeps sending me a voicemail. So I called him last night and he's just like his voicemail was like if this was October, I'm busy gassing up my brand new.
Speaker 1: That's not true.
Speaker 4: McLaren, p one, McLaren, I told you.
Speaker 1: I told you have a family gasing.
Speaker 4: I wish your family do about that garage.
Speaker 3: They got all them cars listening. I'm in my sprinting van driving it. Kids are wiping the bag. Where you want to go next?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're like, Dad, don't want to go to steak and shap, let's go.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a long That's true. I love driving my sprinter. I love driving my family around. I love it. You know, he really does.
Speaker 4: About I'm about to come over and check it out.
Speaker 1: Cheatko saved me about fifty sixty grand on tour.
Speaker 2: As an additional vehicle, yes, yes, and tacky right to taxes? Yeah right it okay, that's working.
Speaker 1: The whole thing wrote off already money.
Speaker 3: Because you just you just named one tour that you can speak on and another tour that you can't. So honestly you need to buy it to absolutely, and then you just want to And then you just announced let me see my up four seventy five five ten I would expect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just half a million in one car, and then he went to that point and then he went to the order.
Speaker 3: You about it about half you about a million in cars alone, R and B.
Speaker 4: Money good really good to me, ain't it? It is just saying that was good.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna let you know what that bus gonna do though, that bus gonna do that work.
Speaker 3: That what the bus gonna do for you, And then when the bus go out without you, that bus gonna pay for the rest of your work.
Speaker 4: On a bunk.
Speaker 1: Let me rich your bunks out.
Speaker 4: It's twelve bun.
Speaker 1: Let me be your bunk. The math that's twenty.
Speaker 4: That my my camera guy, Chris Riquez, He's like I didn't know I was paying eleven a day.
Speaker 1: He got check your statements. I'm missing for twenty six to do the math. That's fourteen.
Speaker 4: That's that's oh okay.
Speaker 1: Is it a night?
Speaker 4: Is it a night or is it every week? I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let's do this make a volt trying. You're super R and B artists. I want to know you do so many good things. I like what I like what you do.
Speaker 3: I want to know where you're getting the vocal from the performance style, the styling, the passion of the artist, who's writing for the artist, who's producing for the artists. Vocal What vocal are you getting for your super R and B artist? One vocal?
Speaker 4: You vocal vocally? Manils down? Sorry man, I wasn't trying to make you drink.
Speaker 1: Who's just being real?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry vocally vocally all day you Wow?
Speaker 1: Thank you brother? Yeah no, yeah, you want to colds performance style on stage.
Speaker 4: It's the art of being not crazy. Is the art of not going doing the flips and doing all that stuff. Shout out to Chris Man because he'd be going in. Shout out Chris Brown. I honestly don't have the gut for it. You know what I'm saying, don't have the body stamina for it, body standing up for Chris Brown, the body for it. No, no, yeah, I don't have the body standing for it. My belly button will be absolutely mad at me.
Speaker 1: I don't have that.
Speaker 4: I don't have the stillness of some artists. So I would have to say when it comes to movement, I would have to say, uh. I would have to say Luther Vandross and why because he would point at your ass and be like, I'm talking to you and he would yeah, yeah, yeah, so you're gonna be in love with me? I want you and need you to be all that like and point at you. Still in love? So enough steal in love and.
Speaker 1: Pointing with me?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, that's he would. He would you be like my own acid. It's too it's so colored. I mean, he's so my God, So I gotta give it to Luther.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Styling, styling on stage man, To be completely honest, you know, it just popped up in my head. I think I got styling from Pitt Bull because he goes up there screaming dollar in a whole open Oh he will go bow get it on my throte.
Speaker 1: He'll go there, you'll go there.
Speaker 4: He'll bark at you. You know what I'm saying, And white you can't look first off, you barking anybody in a suit. Pit bullet is cold cold, shout out the pit Bull. So I got that from and I was I was watching him. I was like, yo, okay, he got leadway in the pants. You know what I'm saying. Like he's gonna move, he gonna move, he got leeway in the pan. It's not like it's like it's the suit is you gotta get it fitted. I literally just got fitted for a bunch of suits for this tour.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: Just so I was like, okay, cool, I'm gonna take that from pit Bull.
Speaker 1: Passion of the artists, Passion mean it?
Speaker 4: Mmmm mmm, Army start who means it? Man? I would have to go with who means it? I would, honestly, I'd have to go with Maxwell Man. I'd have to go Maxwell or D'Angelo because sometimes dangel is standing up with something. A lot of times he's sitting down at the piano. But that man is sweating like a hooker in a whorehouse. He is just cooking all types of chicken green. He's just sweating and he's just giving you the flake. He's the passion.
Speaker 1: He's just.
Speaker 4: Out of his seems out. You could smell the chiplins just coming out of the flavor. I don't need chills, but you know you can smell the flake you've had them. What do you think.
Speaker 1: I walked out of the kitchen ned, Oh no, I can't.
Speaker 3: Smelling him, And I was like, no, walk I know what time it is. Seems I get home from school and I smelled smell it is.
Speaker 1: It's just chip.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you just this this just you know, Maxwell, and then they just command something.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'd have to go with Dansel Max.
Speaker 1: That's so.
Speaker 2: That's who's writing for the artists? Who and who's producing for the artist. Let's do a combo. Put them both together, writing and producing for this super.
Speaker 4: Kells all day. Kells can't writing when you come to R and B and writing, stop talking about stop stop stop and stopping.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're here, Okay, we hearpe'cial segment. We tell us a story. Oh God, to take no SIPs funny, are fucked up? Are funny and fucked up? Only rude to the game. You can't say no names.
Speaker 4: Okay, mm hmm. Funniest story a fund up or fucked up?
Speaker 1: No names.
Speaker 4: I have a funny. I don't have funked up. I have a funny.
Speaker 1: We like to last. Okay, and then and.
Speaker 4: Then you know, once the cameras out, I'll tell you who it was.
Speaker 1: But I think I think you'll don't say that because they always ask us.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing. I think that once you hear the story, you're gonna know. You know what I'm saying, You're gonna know automatically.
Speaker 1: So this was uh.
Speaker 4: Circa two thousand, two thousand and seventeen or something like that, eighteen, so, you know, and.
Speaker 1: I was doing.
Speaker 4: It's my first time being an actor on Empire. I did season three, I think, episode fifteen of Empire. And we're you know, the trailers and everything else. Everything's getting set up, and I was we're doing the set, we're doing the scene. We did the scene. You know, we're talking to directors and producing everything. We're doing the scene. And but before the scene, a friend of mine, since I can't you know, name, no names, friend of mine was sitting next to me, and you know, he chiefs, he smokes a little bit, and yeah, he got he got you know, some some some really high quality grade California from from from you know, a significant other, from someone else, Yeah, from someone else, and uh he hit he hit, he hit it, and uh he's a he's an avid, avid smoker. He's an avid smoker. So I was like, oh, you know this might not be nothing. Yeah, okay, we're sitting there. He hit it and they passed it back and forth probably twice they get only made it like twice, and uh, I look over. I'm sitting just like that. I look over. I'm like, are you sweating a lot?
Speaker 2: What are you good?
Speaker 4: You have a heart? Attacker's home, you're sweating. And he's like, I'm good, I'm good. What you mean I'm good? I was like, alright, I guess I'm like all right.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 4: Google's were talking, We talking business and blah blah blah and by this cool and we're like all right. They're like, hey, yo, are young? Come out young? Can't come on out and we can start shooting. We left, We left, we left trailer. My boy he walked with us and we just walking towards the set and we do the set. My boy stays back and we go do the We go do scene. We come out the same bam, all right, cut, we got everything's good, cool, get out of there, and I'm like, where the hell did he go?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: The other person that's with me has some of the Cali's finest.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're both partaking.
Speaker 4: Oh, they were probably eating, and he comes out. Man, he hits it there, yo. I ain't gonna say they hey, yo, if you better be dead, because I'm coming to smoke you out again.
Speaker 1: And he is.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm laughing, laughing like crazy. We can't find They get on the radio. They can't find my boy. They're like, yo, yo, where's he? Hey? October London is looking for such as such. We're looking for such and such and they're looking for him. They can nobody can find him. And we walking. Me and this other person were walking and he's just yelling through where's he at? I'm gonna find him. And we finally get to my trailer. We open the door. They at this point it was cold outside and we're in Chicago, so all the trailers had the fire fireplaces going, so keep the eating and they're just going. I woke and I'm like, oh my god, it's hot. I look on the couch. My boy's laying there passed out sleep, sweating profusely, and I'm like yo, and I hit him on the leg.
Speaker 1: He wakes up.
Speaker 4: I think I just had the best sleep of my life. I think I just had the best sleep by life. And the other person walks in. He's like, yeah, you ready to go again? He's like no, no, no, not at all. And that was one of the greatest moments that I've just me bringing other people around, people that are He died for about a good forty five minutes. He had the best leap of his life, and he died already rolled.
Speaker 1: Nope, you don't smoke here.
Speaker 4: You have to be careful. You have to be careful. It could be that cryptic kind of life.
Speaker 1: What they call him pre rolls.
Speaker 4: No oh yeah, then it might be wrapped in another pre roll like you. That's you know what that's called. It's called a triple cheeseburger. Abmac.
Speaker 1: He's gonna get get his max geez. I want you to.
Speaker 4: I want you to get away from that double I'm gonna let you.
Speaker 1: Triple meat.
Speaker 4: I'm out of pocket. I'm out of pocket, like I.
Speaker 1: Got loose chain, out of pounds with triple meat. You gotta cut that out.
Speaker 4: I can't wait. I can't wait, bro dog, I'm about to go to McDonald's right now. I'm pulling up at the house.
Speaker 1: I brought you some food.
Speaker 4: What is it.
Speaker 1: It's better not me.
Speaker 4: That's better not what I'm thinking is it's better not me. If you live closer here, I'll pull it out.
Speaker 2: I'm like I'm pulling out this nigga literally has a natural Dave Chappelle voice.
Speaker 3: Though yeah, you know he's speaking. If he did comedy, he'd be outstanding. Has the voice.
Speaker 4: I got a joke right now, just joking.
Speaker 1: I should have.
Speaker 4: I should have, but no, a joke.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: First of all, man, you're really dope, You really dope. Appreciated and we that is just fine. We appreciate what you're bringing up.
Speaker 4: No funding, fun, no funding, it's no fund and funding.
Speaker 1: Appreciate what you bringing R and B.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: The work ethic, bro is, is to be respected, to be respected. And I tell people all the time, if anything you want is on the other side.
Speaker 4: Of our work, absolutely anything you want just on the other side. The woman that car that music, lifestyle, the lifestyle, everything is absolutely it's not going nowhere if in fact, it's just gonna be better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just gonna be better.
Speaker 4: It just keeps getting better, making them better exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean electric rolls mean, I hope you don't get this pose.
Speaker 4: Day's giving a pose that is just it's very triple cheeseburger of health.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 3: We we love you, man, we are we are your brothers first and foremost, thank you. But we are your peers and we are your supporters.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: We celebrate your brother and we will continue to be a safe space for whatever you need. You know what I'm saying, I need twenty dollars.
Speaker 4: That's what I need.
Speaker 1: I need.
Speaker 4: I need to borrow two dollars because there's no way I could get.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: I was trying to hold it in when you're saying we're brothers.
Speaker 1: For fun your pocket.
Speaker 4: Put this towards sprinkle and Sparkle to night after the Strip Club, nephew.
Speaker 1: You know you know Snoop.
Speaker 4: You know Snoop got that new strip club.
Speaker 1: So you know, take the Players Club.
Speaker 4: You bought the Players Club?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, where is it?
Speaker 3: Actau boss Lady downtown being but you know hear everything, yes, can see. The thing is like when brothers like Snoop when they're when they're when they're venturing out in businesses, we want to support them. We want to be there for them back to make sure black owned businesses, you know what I'm saying. So we're gonna to take it, take a trip down there to support the brother Snoop and all of his endeavors to the what is it called.
Speaker 1: Club?
Speaker 4: To act like you don't know what it is, boss Lady, because I know what. I don't know what it is, but I know what it is.
Speaker 2: It's going to go down to the Players Club and support Snoop, boss Lady, and Boss Lady is the big Yeah, the Big Boss. We absolutely supporting Boss Lady first, then Snoop second, and then Snoop second. So all the it's all the knowledges I got like about two thousand ones and now it's all just a celebration to them family to to to celebrate opening of new black businesses. Yes, gott keep we gotta keep them open.
Speaker 1: The ones who worked there got to keep up.
Speaker 4: You know, you gotta gain.
Speaker 1: You got to My name is.
Speaker 3: And this is the Army Monny Podcast, the authority on all things R and B. And this is This is one of my most favorite human beings in the whole wild wide world.
Speaker 2: The talent Ship, the incredibleppreciating off to but yeah,