Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for finding the Second Date Update podcast. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, of course, the home of a Second Date Update. And I know when you think of Valentine's Day and romance, you think of this segment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you think of nothing but people who are being ghosted. Yep, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: That's why we're going to do a very special Valentine's Day edition of your Second Date Update.
Speaker 2: It's quite a treat.
Speaker 1: We love you, Thank you so much for being here. Please comment, subscribe, and just sit back and enjoy the show.
Speaker 2: Second Date Updated.
Speaker 3: Valentine's Day can be a dangerous holiday for a single person to try and meet someone. Lot something you do, you put a lot of pressure on yourself for it to work. Just look at college aged me and my infamous Valentine's Day massacre. Oh and started with a certain hunky frat boy inviting two lucky ladies to one party and ended with said frat boy drunk alone in his room, crying and kicking a hole in the ceiling above his top bunk because he's struck out with both ladies.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they literally left together.
Speaker 1: Can't imagine why they missed out?
Speaker 3: Just saying dating around this particular holiday isn't always the best idea, And I'm not really sure how today's caller Reese feels about it. You have a bunch of holes in your house somewhere right now that.
Speaker 1: You're not lying on a top bunk of a frat Yeah.
Speaker 3: Only Jeff could have two girls in his room in a frat house and ruin it like that's accomplished.
Speaker 1: Talent whatever, anti game, that's him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, when you're going a little a little harsh, a little far, but you brought it up just to laugh at anyway, Reese, So you went out with a girl pretty close to Valentine's Day?
Speaker 2: Were you feeling the pressure?
Speaker 5: Not really because it wasn't really thinking about it at that time. Okay, okay, make create the background. I had gone through a pretty rough breakup a few months prior, and I was trying to get back in the game. Damn you, I thank you. I met Jen her and I matched, and I kind of realized after like we sort of clicked and we started talking like. I didn't want to wait until after Valentine's Day to ask her out.
Speaker 1: Right, because you could totally lose momentum if you wait too long, you have to strike while right.
Speaker 5: So I was eager and kind of realizing at that time that it was close to Valentine's Day.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Well, as you start to book things and everything's sold.
Speaker 5: Out exactly, And that's why we decided to do something different other than a restaurant, Like, I didn't want to make her feel weird at a place where there's only couples and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So you invited two girls to one threat, and that's when the good stuff happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you call the right show for that to blow up in your face?
Speaker 2: You just took out Jen though, right, Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, we're just making fun of Jeffrey for his past.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, not yet.
Speaker 3: I mean a certain guy was brave enough to invite two at once.
Speaker 2: But you know, if you're not brave enough to do it, not a lot. Are you accomplished that?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 2: Again? It? Okay? So where did you and gen go?
Speaker 5: So she actually suggested a bar. They were having like an all things pink night?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 5: It's like a valen Sein's date. Ish, It's like pink clothes, pink drinks, pink food, darly. Yeah okay, and so we go in and I excuse myself to the restaurant quick. And while I'm doing that, she ordered us two pink strawberry dakeries.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, gotta say on theme.
Speaker 2: Sounds good.
Speaker 5: Here's where I messed up is I'm diabetic. She doesn't know I'm diabetic. Okay, I look at the drink. Can I think to myself, I can handle one? You know, my blood sugar is probably gonna spike. Okay, I'll get home, I'll take my insulin and I'll just monitor the Albokay, you.
Speaker 1: Will follow it up with a cake to wash it down.
Speaker 5: Well, I miscalculated it. Well, I started having an episode, so I needed medical attention. And the thing is is like there was a moment where I couldn't really talk, and I wrote on a napkin and I slid it to gen and I slid the word hospital.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: I hate to keep drawing parallels between this and the Valentine's Day masker at the frat, But I just keep lighting up.
Speaker 2: You're not diabetic.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying there's a bad experience that's scared.
Speaker 2: I'm scared on a date with someone you don't know what happened.
Speaker 6: Well, she doesn't even know your diabetic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she doesn't quite understand what the note means, and she references to someone else and the other person goes, maybe he's epileptic. You should shovel wallet in his mouth.
Speaker 3: What Oh, this is a fun Valentine's Day party game.
Speaker 2: Everybody take your wallets.
Speaker 1: Hot tip if you're having a seizure, you usually can't write at the same.
Speaker 5: Time managing to scribble diabetic on a napkin, which then Jen gets and she's got to drive me to the hospital.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what a first date experience.
Speaker 5: So things are a little foggy and I kind of come to and I realized, like all of a sudden, she's not there, and I'm surrounded by doctors, And it was a very chaotic.
Speaker 1: Night, sing I'm glad you're okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you get a kiss at the end of the night.
Speaker 5: The next morning, I send her a text and say, hey, I'm good, I'm so sorry about last night, and she responds back it was like, hey, just glad you're all right, And then that's pretty much yet. And I hadn't heard anything such no.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean obviously not like your fall out of your control, but also really traumatizing for her too.
Speaker 2: You know, think about what she said.
Speaker 3: She thinks like, oh, anytime he has one drink, he's gonna need.
Speaker 2: To go to the hospital. I don't want to date a guy.
Speaker 1: I think she would have more empathy than that.
Speaker 6: Plenty of other things.
Speaker 3: Let's see how empathetic this woman really is when we give Jenna call. Hopefully she picks up, and see what she asks to say when we do your Valentine's edition of Second Date update. Right after this Second Date update, a Valentine's themed date that ends in the hospital for some of us wouldn't be the worst Valentines that we've ever had.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jeff get over the night in the frat house.
Speaker 3: It was for our listener Reese, who was a diabetic and took a chance drank a pink strawberry dackery during his date, thinking that he could had just one. Fast forward to him being driven to the hospital by his date Jen, where he had to be treated by doctors. It's all kind of a fuzzy experienced him because he was going through an episode. But afterwards Jen was gone and hasn't responded really to him since. Lebrook you've had worse Valentines recently, right, give him a little.
Speaker 2: Bit of hope.
Speaker 1: No, Honestly, if this girl isn't calling you back because it freaked her out, that is somewhat understandable. But once I feel like she talks to you, she's really going to understand the situation and just have a lot of empathy for you. I can't imagine her not giving you another chance.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about that, Reese?
Speaker 5: I feel like if she's got empathy, she would have gone out with me already. And I really don't understand.
Speaker 2: She drove me to the hospital, ale she needs to do more than that.
Speaker 3: My mom drives me to the hospital, and I don't want from my mom what Reese wants from Jen Hopefully.
Speaker 2: Who knows?
Speaker 1: Who knows. Maybe it's not the hospital or the die beades. Maybe you had bad breath and you didn't realize that.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? You mean your blackout drawing on napkins. You were like, show me you know something.
Speaker 3: Do you want to speculate a hundred more things that could have gone wrong?
Speaker 2: Or should we just call this girl? Don't speculate?
Speaker 5: I like, please call good choice, good solid.
Speaker 2: Let's dial Jen to see if she answers. You just sit tight there. Here we go. Hello, Hey is this Jen?
Speaker 6: Yes speaking Hey Jen.
Speaker 3: This is a radio show. We're called Broken Jeffrey in the Morning. How are you doing?
Speaker 6: Oh h yeah, I'm I'm okay.
Speaker 5: How are you guys?
Speaker 1: Thanks for asking Jen? You people aren't that polite?
Speaker 2: Very well? That was kind of an empathetic move there.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: Oh, good point, jes So that's that's good news for you.
Speaker 6: Jen. What's what's a radio station calling me?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll give you five guesses. That was unfair.
Speaker 1: He's just gonna tell you right now.
Speaker 2: Sure, people take the joy out of it.
Speaker 3: This is called second Date Update, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners that you went out on a date with recently named Reese.
Speaker 6: A very memorable night.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah dude, it sounds like that night was crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, great, you got the rundown.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We spoke to him a little bit, just too kind a snapshot of what happened that night, and he told us that you're not really responding for another date at all, and he doesn't really understand why.
Speaker 6: Hmm, well, yeah, I mean I'm not answering him back.
Speaker 7: That's accurate.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see, do you hate diabetics? Is that what's going on. I've had a few of those people answer, Oh.
Speaker 6: My gosh, no, it literally nothing to do with that.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't hate people who have diabetes. I hate people who have girlfriends.
Speaker 7: Girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Wait what did you just say?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 6: I hate people who already have girlfriends.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have a girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Well, we didn't ask her. Want to come on here, Like, wait, are you saying you're saying that he's in a relationship.
Speaker 2: You think, why do you think that?
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, if he gave you the rundown, I'm assuming he told you that I took him to the hospital, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: Because he was having an episode and you were like his savior.
Speaker 6: Yes, I was his savior, but somebody else was his emergency contact. I guess because I'm sitting in.
Speaker 7: The reception area and.
Speaker 6: This woman comes in and she's asking for Reese. She's saying that she's his emergency contact. She's saying that she's his.
Speaker 7: Girlfriend and they took her back there to see him.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, that okay, objectively looks really bad. But the thing is Obviously, we don't know everything about Reese and his situation.
Speaker 1: Maybe there was another Reese having a different diabetic It's like a where my past boss is really my best friend.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's like those things.
Speaker 3: But do you remember when we first talked to me, he mentioned that he went through a bad breakup with somebody a little while back.
Speaker 2: I forgot maybe it's his like ex girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Who's who's listed as his girlfriend?
Speaker 2: How often do you update your emergency contact stuff like? That's possible, it possibly. I mean, we don't know.
Speaker 3: The thing is, we could ask Reese right now, because he's been on the phone this whole time listening what the heck?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I.
Speaker 1: Think that this is something he actually needs to hear.
Speaker 2: Okay, it couldn't give us a little bit of clarity. Reese, are you there?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Hi? Jen hithe so? Uh. I guess I was just wondering, what's going on? Why haven't you gotten back.
Speaker 2: With Are you serious, dude?
Speaker 1: Why are you not coming in and saying I'm sorry, there's a misunderstanding.
Speaker 2: Let me clear it up.
Speaker 5: I mean, do we really have to talk about that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty important to her, and I think tell all of our listeners at this point, Are you in a relationship?
Speaker 5: Okay? Look so here like yes, Like, but what.
Speaker 1: You just said you broke up with your axe and you were heartbroken and you were finally back in the dating pool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean when you when you do stuff on the radio, I mean you might say a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: What you're trying to make yourself look good?
Speaker 1: Bro, you're using us to cheat, Jen, I kind of feel like his girlfriend might know though, Just.
Speaker 3: Say it was your ex girlfriend and we're good.
Speaker 2: Jeff, Jeff, you were You're just joking again radio, you saying.
Speaker 1: Girlfriend, Jen, I'm sorry, very sloppy, sloppy work, y'all, y'all.
Speaker 6: Should have betted him.
Speaker 5: Like okay, Jen, Like, yes, I'm in a relationship, but I'm not happy and I want to see what was out there.
Speaker 6: So this is like your whole is getting dug deeper and deeper.
Speaker 5: Man, Sorry, I guess so, Jenny, I mean, does this ruin our chances?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've kind of created a big mess for yourself. So I don't know what it is that you want to say to Jen.
Speaker 5: But all right, look, I'm just saying Jen, like I'm not happy and I feel like if you want to have like an actual Valentine's Day together.
Speaker 6: Like we can do that.
Speaker 5: We can have like a legit reece.
Speaker 6: You're just a big walking red flag.
Speaker 2: Ah like Valentines you.
Speaker 7: Got a free ambulance ride and let's just chalk it up to that. Okay, you got lucky.
Speaker 3: Are you saying that him telling you how sad he is doesn't make you want to date him right now?
Speaker 7: It really is. It's tugging at my heart strength.
Speaker 1: That was sarcasm, Jeff, Well, yeah, why why don't you just break up with your girlfriend? I don't understand this.
Speaker 5: I want to, I don't. I don't know that I want to do that either.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, you're the worst. You know what I'm almost regarding taking him to the hospital.
Speaker 1: Told you.
Speaker 2: It's a little far Jen, although we understand the same to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you worried that your girlfriend's going to hear this or.
Speaker 6: Does she know?
Speaker 3: I'm not worried yet, because the thing is, Jen could be his new girlfriend if she says yes to this question. You have two girls in his room like someone I know didn't want to die. I'm telling you works for the Frank guys were never in Jeff's room. Bottom line, Jen is we would love to pay, not love, but we will. We'll pay, We'll pay for the second date with and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, come on.
Speaker 7: And it's like, it's not a no, it's a hell no.
Speaker 2: I did not see that coming. Blindsided by that one. Sure he was at least you have a backup. You can always go back to your girlfriend. Is his girlfriend? I don't know, inviting two girls.
Speaker 3: Into the studio Jeffrey in the morning. Man, I thought I knew what cheap voice sounded like because.
Speaker 2: He he didn't have cheater voice. But I was totally wrong.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I was so like nice.
Speaker 3: But you know what, give him some points, Brooke, because he was honest at least admitted that he had a girlfriend.
Speaker 2: He got exposed. He admitted it though he got there, not to be honesty.
Speaker 1: You think he went and was honest with his girlfriend. Suddenly I doubted Jeff.
Speaker 2: He cares that he was honest with us. Yeah, and yet he was still trying to go out with Jen even afterwards.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's that type of hootspud that if I had back at the frat house, things would have turned out so much differently that night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what you're crying. Hey, before you ladies leave them, are are you sure?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Consider the Valentine's Day masker could have been the Valentine's Day rodeo for me.
Speaker 2: But I don't think so, Miss Stopportunity, you could.
Speaker 1: Still do it, Jeff Do not admire to be this dude?
Speaker 7: Yeah, please, let's get out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll admire somebody else that calls in to get a second date update email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of ours. They're available up on podcasts wherever you get yours.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: At Brooke and Jeffrey home of the second Date Update
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning