Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: I am all in with Scott Patterson an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson. I'm all in podcasts one of them productions. iHeart Radio, I Heeart Podcast, I Heeart Media, I Heart Figs. I Heard Popcorn Pop Culture, Season six, episode seventeen. I'm okay, you're okay, Paris answers the door. Wait a minute, I am joined by my intrepid crew. Here. Uh, Suzanne is holding something to her head.
Speaker 3: Are you what happened to Suzanne?
Speaker 4: It's an ice pack because I had my surgery that. Yeah, I can't take ibuprofen yet, so I'm using an ice pack.
Speaker 5: Wait, let us see, And how come you can't take ivuy PROFI it's my boo boo bear.
Speaker 1: That's cute, actually an ice packed boo boo bear.
Speaker 3: How come you can't take ib prope And is that like a part of it? That's well, just because.
Speaker 4: It's I'm just now twenty four hours out and it can increase bleeding. So oh, I took also, but tilt all takes a while.
Speaker 3: Doesn't Tunnel?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: If Tunnel's an advertiser, they're great.
Speaker 3: But if they're not, I don't work as good as.
Speaker 7: That dedication just for two minutes.
Speaker 4: I need to ice it and then just roll her out of surgery.
Speaker 1: She's not even fully recovered. She's still on the podcast exactly taras suit Daniel Romo. Paris answers the door to find Logan, wanting to speak with Rory. Logan barges past Paris and into the apartment. Rory, go away, Logan, Paris, no one invited you. Get out now before I go. Bonaducci on your ass, Logan, I'm not going away. I'm not going anyway. We're gonna talk. Danny Bonaducci is a radio personality, actor, and professional wrestler. He's a professional wrestler. Really yeah, oh boy. Bonna Ducci became famous as a child actor in a seventy sitcom, The Partridge Family, which I watched religiously.
Speaker 5: And remember our whole tie to Bonnaducci because Jack and Stretch, who were the extras in the diner, because remember they were I got him that gig with you because they wanted to show Bonaducci, who we all worked with, that anybody could get parts.
Speaker 3: And then they just kept getting parts.
Speaker 1: So when Paris says she's going to go, Bonaducci on your ass. She's referring to Danny Bonaducci's time as a celebrity boxer. Did you know Danny met his current wife, a school teacher named Amy, at a Starbucks while he was crying over his divorce from former wife Gretchen. And if you're gonna gesticulate in that way, you're gonna do it at a Starbucks, not a coffee bean.
Speaker 3: A Starbucks.
Speaker 1: You don't want to do it a coffee You want to do that kind of thing as a Starbucks. Then they'll give you free use of the bathroom, matter who you are.
Speaker 6: I went to school with the Bona Duccies. Really not weird, it will not then, but there there children.
Speaker 5: Wait, you're that eight, you're they're that whoa? I can't figure out if you're that old or they're that young or what. Wait, you went to school with Danny and Gretchen's.
Speaker 6: Well, no, so Danny's niece. But they were always there, Danny's niece. It was in my grade.
Speaker 5: No way.
Speaker 3: I went to their house, not the new wife, but Gretchen.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 5: I've spent many day and night with Danny Bonaducci. By me, it's quite pleasant and nice.
Speaker 7: That was nice Yeah, great, that explains a lot.
Speaker 3: Wait that known Luke is on the phone when Laura Lai walks into the room.
Speaker 5: Did you not hear me screaming? You were screaming like Janetly in Psycho, I was on the phone. Why were you screaming? There was a spider in the shower. Psycho is a nineteen sixty American horror film produced and directed by Alfred Hitchcock, which I've never seen, but I did see that sort of scene for Seene remake that Vince Vaughan did.
Speaker 3: Do you guys know about that?
Speaker 5: So nineteen sixty Psycho like super big movie, like humongous, and then Vince Vaughn and like Anna Haitian maybe a few others. I think it was a scene for scene recreation. So it was exactly the same movie, but for some reason not.
Speaker 8: Quit Oh, like the entire movie, not just the scene.
Speaker 5: Entire movie, scene for scene for scene for scene for scene for scene. Oh, Gus Van Sant directed it. So anyway, it's weird that it's seen for scene for scene but not as good. And Janet Lee am I correct that that is Jamie Lee Curtis's mother.
Speaker 3: Jamie Lee Curtis's mother.
Speaker 8: Wait, but they spell it leave differently.
Speaker 5: Correct because the Lee is maybe the Lee, but they spelled it different because Curtis. Tony Curtis is her father, so that's why her last name is Curtis. So maybe they did the Lee because she's Jantly, but they yeah, different spelling.
Speaker 8: Oh you're right, yeah, Jamie Lee Curtis.
Speaker 5: Brushing life right now, by the way, like getting all the role in the wards, just being awesome, like way to be awesome? Anyway, did you know? Director Alfred Hitchcock bought the rights to the novel anonymously from Robert Block for nine thousand dollars. He then bought up as many copies of the novel he could. Oh, to keep the ending a secret. Oh, the ending is a fricking crazy twist. Do you guys know the ending?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: What is the ending?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: I don't want to spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen a movie in nineteen sixty. But so basically Norman Baits, which the whole thing is kind of interesting because then they did Bates Motel. But so Norman Bates is the murderer, right, so he goes into the motel rooms and murders people and you think that he's up in the big mansion, the creepy one that's on the universal tour with his mother.
Speaker 3: But the ending is you find out the and Suzanne keep me honest that the.
Speaker 5: Mother has died and he's living with the dead body of the dead mother.
Speaker 1: That's who he's having conversations with and arguments with.
Speaker 5: Pretty great.
Speaker 3: So then high then watching Bates Motel. So basically that did did you guys ever see Bates Motel?
Speaker 5: The show? So Freddie Himore plays the young Norman. It was I got like halfway through it. I need to finish it because it is good. Freddy Himore, I.
Speaker 3: Just go on a lemon and say, oh I love it.
Speaker 8: Yes, what's the doctor show?
Speaker 3: He does the Good Doctor, the Good Doctor. Yes, good, but it's ending.
Speaker 8: I know it is really good.
Speaker 1: I just had five figs.
Speaker 3: I just say two rolls.
Speaker 6: I had a Chick fil A sandwich.
Speaker 1: FI Newtons, no figs.
Speaker 3: Like, so you're healthy?
Speaker 6: I thought you have you allergic to figscut it's one thing I can't eat.
Speaker 1: What happens?
Speaker 6: What happens when you yeah, red scratchy eyes, itchy, itchy throw, heavy breathing.
Speaker 8: Like that, like like tragedy.
Speaker 5: Good you eat figs.
Speaker 6: Don't die, but I do get very uncomfy.
Speaker 5: That sounds bad, like mostly if I just eat something that I shouldn't eat, it's just diarrhea.
Speaker 3: I love to talk about diary.
Speaker 7: I'll I'll just keep it moving, just keep running, just keep it flowing.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 8: So Luke is taking the spiders from the shower outside.
Speaker 9: Luke says, Okay, I'm going to take these guys outside any particular place you want them. Lourl I says, yeah, someplace shady, shelter from the elements, and ideally near a talking pig. Lorelei is referring to the spiders near a talking pig like Charlotte's Web by Ebe White, And did you know the story is based on Ebe White's real farm in Maine, where he admired a spider becoming a mother, and he was so captivated by it that when he had to leave for New York, he took a spider sack with him in a candy box with holes punched in it, and placed it on his mirro the sack hatch and he was amazed. But then someone cleaned out, clean everything out, and the spiders that.
Speaker 5: Movie's too sad for me.
Speaker 3: No, can't that too sad? Who dies the pig or the spider?
Speaker 4: The spider so sad? Yeah, it's very sad. Zach shows up at missus Kim's store to discuss Mary Englaane and missus Kim says, I thought you were a musician. Well, yeah, I am, and this is your true calling. Yes, but that doesn't mean i'mant to drugs or looking to do the whole Baby Shambles thing. I just like to play Baby Shambles.
Speaker 1: Oh, I guess I'll get the explanation. I'm going up.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you right now. Baby Shambles was an English rock band established in London. The band was formed by Pete Doherty during a hiatus from The Libertines, and Baby Shambles members had issues with drug abuse, with guitarist Patrick Walden leaving the band because of the drugs. And did you know when Kate Moss dated Pete Doherty from Baby Shambles, she was once photographed doing cocaine during a recording session. It was all over the cover of tabloid in the UK with the headline high as Kate.
Speaker 5: I did not know any of that.
Speaker 3: Every single thing you just said was new to me. She came through for Johnny, so it's all good.
Speaker 8: Weirdly, I just thought of the same thing, all good.
Speaker 7: What else?
Speaker 6: Lorelai and Rory are rushing to clean the house before Emily and Richard arrive for dinner, and Laura Lai says, just throw away or hide anything that might be incriminating. Rory says incriminating. Laura I says yes, anything that can could or might lead to a conversation about anything. Rory says, how about this, Lauraai, are you kidding me? A freckled, half naked Lindsay Lohan on the cover of Vanity Fair skin cancer, drug abuse, anorexia, bra shopping, Just dump it? Lindsay Lohan was on was first on the cover of Vanity Fair in June of two thousand and four, called the Queen of Teen. She was only eighteen at the time in a swimsuit, but in this scene the magazine issue she is featured in is from and six, where Lindsay is wearing a white swim suit and opens up about her food and drug addictions.
Speaker 2: Did you Know?
Speaker 6: Although she is known for acting, her debut album Speak was certified for platinum sales in the United States, so good. I remember the entire album. What's your favorite song?
Speaker 1: Car?
Speaker 8: I mean rumors has to be like, never heard.
Speaker 3: The album, but I know her. What's your favorite Lindsay Lohan movie.
Speaker 6: Freaky Friday with Jimmie Lee Curtis.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, If she does a platinum record, why didn't she go out on tour and continue.
Speaker 7: She kind of did.
Speaker 8: Think she did go on tour. Yeah, she did, like, but she did the one album.
Speaker 1: She didn't do another album.
Speaker 6: No, I think that she had some other songs that didn't do so, you know, it's funny. Obviously she had great music Parents Friday great music. No, it was great music. There were there were some definite bops on there. But when I think of Lindsay Lohan, I just think of mickenos Oh.
Speaker 3: I just think, oh my god, I think the picture.
Speaker 1: Did hear some reality show about that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think so beach.
Speaker 1: Sure, but it didn't go well, right, it didn't.
Speaker 3: It wasn't big.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 9: Wait, you guys she released music in twenty twenty. I told you she did have more songs, but but but it was just one. Everything else is from two thousand and four.
Speaker 5: You guys didn't when you think of Linda Lhuan, I immediately go to the photo of Brittany, Lindsay and Paris in the front of that car.
Speaker 1: Oh. Yeah, I guess it doesn't matter. Bastion, Bac and I are going to take over the music business in the stadium at a time. Uh. And that same scene, Laurela and Roy continue to clean hides her flowers because she doesn't want her parents to feel welcomed in her house? Is that nice, LURLEI no, but I do have this incredibly bad smelling perfume that Luke gave me for Christmas last year that I could spray around the house. It's like cross between Loves Baby Soft and Curious by Britney Spears. Justina Loves Baby Soft perfume made its debut in nineteen seventy four, soft powdery scent and its classic bullet shaped pink bottle soon became the fragrance icon of the seventies. Curious is Britney spears first fragrance for Elizabeth Arden. The perfume was released September two thousand and forum was internationally successful. She reportedly earned fifty in chump change compared to Kardashian fifty two million from the endorsement. That's a day's pay for the Kardashians. But you know, as of July twenty twenty three, Britney Spears has made forty two fragrances.
Speaker 5: Does anybody want a little trivia?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 5: So in the commercial for Curious, there was like Britney and a guy kind of like running around or something, and then they were up against the wall Curious like that. And it is our friend and fellow podcast network mate, Eric Winter, who does a show with his wife Rosly.
Speaker 6: I do remember that Eric and.
Speaker 5: I have been friends since well before this whatever, like early two thousand maybe whatever, and he was on Days of our lives and then this was like a huge deal that he got this commercial with Britney Spears, and I just always remember being like going up to Eric and just be curious if.
Speaker 3: You find the spot. He was like sort of running around, and I just remember I.
Speaker 8: Remember that I had the perfume too.
Speaker 6: I mean, you were not a millennial if you didn't own.
Speaker 8: The blue one and the pink one. There was two, but the pink one was better.
Speaker 5: Suzanne, I think you and I are not millennials, because I'm not sure.
Speaker 8: Danielle do you remember and held the little like thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like ye, I had loves baby Soft, but I did not have curious.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Wait, what was the other one? What was it called scroll it?
Speaker 6: He loves babysoft?
Speaker 3: What's that that?
Speaker 4: You don't remember that everybody in middle school had loves baby Soft?
Speaker 3: I had white shoulders.
Speaker 5: Do you remember that?
Speaker 4: Oh no, that's like really old.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was like really in that. I was like ATI's grandma y And do you remember that other one? May?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: And remember?
Speaker 3: Gosh, what was that other one that was so stinky? Suzanne? It was like eternity?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, everybody was wearing eternity and the boys were all wearing like recall as were before Axe Acts came along after us. I just prefer soap, dove soap, ivery soap. I'm just gonna go with the smell of soap. I did have a college boyfriend who's like, yeah, you smell like soap.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 9: Emily arrives at laurea Iz and sees that Suki is catering their dinner. Emily says, the wainscoting here is substandard. If you called me, I could have recommended a real professional lurl. I says, well, since mine was a fake professional. I got to pay him in Monopoly money. Monopoly is a board game and in the game, player's roll two dice to move around the game board, buying and trading properties and developing them with houses and hotels. Players collect rent from their opponents and aim to drive them into bankruptcy.
Speaker 1: And tell you something, Nick and I have wars.
Speaker 3: Have you ever finished a game? It's just songs so long?
Speaker 6: Have you ever played Monopoly Deal?
Speaker 5: What's that? No?
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, you guys are missing out. Monopoly Deal is a card game version of Monopoly, and you go through a game within fifteen minutes. But it's so fun, so so fun.
Speaker 3: Can you teach us?
Speaker 5: Not right now, but at some point I liked I sunk your battleship. Remember that one was so rad. We had the electronic version of that.
Speaker 9: Sh Monopoly was published in nineteen thirty five, which is eighty nine years ago. And did you know in nineteen seventy eight, the Nemen Marcus Christmas Catalog offered a chocolate Monopoly game for six honds.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of money in nineteen seventy I know, so that would be like a.
Speaker 1: Lot that could get right there? Six hundred bucks you get a Porsche.
Speaker 3: Although that would be fun. I don't know why it was so expensive.
Speaker 5: That seems like a I wonder if anyone's selling it, Like, okay, first, everything's expensive.
Speaker 8: Correct, No, you know someone saved that ew that's part of us.
Speaker 5: Do not eat chocolate from nineteen seventy eight, because you know why?
Speaker 3: Do you want to know why? Scott?
Speaker 5: What will happen to you if you eight Chacola from nineteen seventy eight.
Speaker 1: You'll become unbearably wonderful?
Speaker 8: What you'll have diarrhea?
Speaker 6: Let's flow into the next and that.
Speaker 4: Jackie and I worked on this one last night. Oh good, Laura I answers the front door and mouths to Luke that her parents are here. He turns around and Laurel I goes to sit back down at the dinner table, and Emily says, who was at the door? Laura I says, Oh, it was Ed McMahon. He's always showing up with these big cardboard checks. They're impossible to endorse, by the way. Ed McMahon is best known as Johnny Carson's sidekick on TVs The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson from nineteen sixty two to nineteen ninety two, and famously opened the show with his introduction, here's Johnny, And of course I have to throw in that our live event was in the theater. This all took place for so many years.
Speaker 1: What we're talking about. Wait a minute, we shot our thing, our live show. Yeah, that was that was Johnny Carson's theater.
Speaker 8: You know this, Scott, Yeah, they know.
Speaker 1: They asked him out. They said, no, this is jay Leno's theater. But I thought it was the same one and the same.
Speaker 5: You might be right. Wait, it definitely was jay Leno's. But wasn't Johnny Carson and Jay Leno in the same theater?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's the same.
Speaker 1: It was Johnny Carson's place. We're hanging in Johnny.
Speaker 7: On that because it was definitely jay Leno, we better double check.
Speaker 6: That's what everyone says, that it was Johnny Carson's before.
Speaker 1: Jay len Because I felt all those spirits in the room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you felt the present. We feel ed because Ed.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I was introducing people just like Ed McMahon.
Speaker 5: Had a pajama party. I had a pajama party with Ed McMahon and his wife on.
Speaker 3: A TV am. I no, no, No, it was for a TV show.
Speaker 8: I don't know what.
Speaker 3: Yes, I do. It's coming back to me.
Speaker 5: They were doing an interview with us in segment one and segment two was this Ladyhood invented these special pajamas that Oprah loved. So Ed McMahon was there while the rest everybody was in their pajamas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't believe I missed that.
Speaker 1: Did you ever meet Johnny Carson?
Speaker 5: I did not. No, Jay Leno, Yes, Ed McMahon yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: I've seen Jay Leno's stand up pack and.
Speaker 5: Johnny No. Murv Griffin Yes, I went on a week long trip with Merv Griffin when Seacrest did a game.
Speaker 1: Show for him in the yacht. You were on the yacht.
Speaker 3: On the yacht, I've talked about it.
Speaker 1: The yacht, Yeah, one of your many yachts, in one of my many.
Speaker 4: So, Laurla, I think she's referring to Ed McMahon working for publishers clearing house holding a big check, but in fact, he never did love it, worked for American Family Publishers, and he never ambushed winners with the check. Most people often get this reference raw and automatically associate him with the big checks. Even political figures reference Ed McMahon and these checks. This is called the Mandela effect, which is an observed phenomenon where a large segment of the population misremembers a significant event or shares a memory of my favorite thing on TikTok. It's my favorite thing on TikTok. Do you want me to give you Suzanne? You probably know the one The Berenstein.
Speaker 8: Bears, Yes, says know the book.
Speaker 3: The Berenstein Bears. It's Barren Stain Bears or.
Speaker 5: Is it stein nopetin sta?
Speaker 3: I M crazy?
Speaker 4: So did you know?
Speaker 8: I did not know this.
Speaker 4: Ed McMahon was a decorated Marine fighter pilot during World War Two, a few over eighty five combat missions and earned six Air medals. When he retired from USMC reserve status in nineteen eighty three, he went on to He went on to host Star Search full time, a show of which performers such as Britney Spears and our Sinio Hall his own successor to the show, were later discovered.
Speaker 1: Thanks for your service, Ed, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Ed.
Speaker 3: Chocolate monopoly is kind of not what it's cute?
Speaker 6: Did?
Speaker 8: It looks cute that.
Speaker 5: Hotels and houses are not chocolate and the money is not chocolate.
Speaker 6: No, the money looks like it's I think it's.
Speaker 5: Just you think it's just not brown.
Speaker 3: It's just it's like, oh, so the houses and hotels must be chocolate too.
Speaker 5: Somebody should bring this back.
Speaker 3: I would buy this. That was six hundred dollars, but no.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, fifty bucks one hundred.
Speaker 3: I was going to say one hundred.
Speaker 6: Lorelei and Rory discussing their movie the previous Night, Lorlei size and starts to walk away, and she says, I mean, why even bother calling it Final Destination three at that point? Just call it now? You're really, really, really good.
Speaker 5: Totally felt this, like I felt this, And they were talking about all before destinations, like why are these people getting on roller coasters?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 5: I agree?
Speaker 6: Final Destination three is a film where a group of teens who escaped a fatal roller coaster face a bloody date with Yeah.
Speaker 5: Basically, it's like they were supposed to die on that roller coaster and if they didn't, death.
Speaker 8: Was going to get them.
Speaker 6: Laura keeps complaining about the absurd movie and questions how it was made into three different films. Did you know the cast members on the roller Coaster had to write it twenty six times on the same night in order to shoot the film's main premonition scene.
Speaker 2: A rouble.
Speaker 5: I would be vomiting. Rory is browsing an Anna store. Nineteen sixties pan Am Stewardess bag. Oh really a stewardest bag. Yeah, I have the stewardess that goes with it too, but it'll cost you. Pan Am was the first airline to fly worldwide and pioneered numerous innovations of the modern airline industry. It closed operations in nineteen ninety one. Being a pan Am stewardess was an extremely glamorous job, so glamorous that they tried to make a TV show out of it. Yeah. They were known for being beautiful and flying to exotic locations, and those bags were legit.
Speaker 3: I think when that move that TV show came out.
Speaker 8: The like the bags made it come back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they sent them around to like press. I wish I saved that because that bag was legit.
Speaker 8: It only lasted like one season, right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: It wasn't very popular, but there was famous people in it. And the bags are not They're kind of like you could easily.
Speaker 3: Get a rip in them. Speaking of Luke's stuffel.
Speaker 5: In twenty eleven, there was a TV series called Panama, Oh Hello, There we Go, based on fictional pilots and stewardesses. It starred, like I said, famous people, Christina Ricci, Margo Robbie, Corrine Vanasse and Kelly Garner.
Speaker 3: I only know the first two, but let's we should do a rewatch of that.
Speaker 5: Ju then you guys is having it back, even if I had to do it by myself in my room, I'm doing it.
Speaker 3: Bunheads rocks.
Speaker 1: Rory walks toward Laurel. I at the end, Roy, I'm getting three hot dogs tonight, and I'll tell you why I have Bugsy Malone running through my head, especially that scene where Scott Bao buys Flory Dugger a hot dog and he offers some mustard onions. Or Catch Up Without Bugsy Malone is a nineteen seventy six gangster musical comedy film written and directed by Alan Parker, starring Jody Foster, Scott Bayo, and John Cassisi and Major Rolls. The film is based loosely on events in New York and Chicago during the Prohibition eras, especially real life gangsters such as Al Capone and bugs. Did you know Scott Bail Yeah, first guy you think of for a gangster film, He's the first guy. It's like Scott Bao is like the Scorsese He was like for mean streets and taxi driver. Get me Scott Bao. He's not available. All right, we'll go with an area.
Speaker 5: Get me Chachi.
Speaker 4: People are laughing, but Chochi, yeah, Aridge see Bugsy Malone?
Speaker 7: Though it was so cute?
Speaker 3: Is this telling me that Chachi was in Bugsy Malone?
Speaker 1: No? It was a music It was a it was a musical comedy. Felt oh. I was like, what is It wasn't like like the real deal?
Speaker 5: Did you get me sing? Though?
Speaker 3: I'll give that to Scott Bao.
Speaker 5: Chachi can sing? I loved when Jonie Loves Chauci.
Speaker 1: Did you know the average age of all the child actress and actresses in the movie was twelve? Wow? Uh huh wow?
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 9: Laura is freaking out about her parents moving to Stars Hollow. She prefers them thirty miles away. Lourai says that Buffer is my mother's best friend. Take the Buffer away, and you've got Nancy Grace camping out on Miss Patty's low for a month.
Speaker 8: Rory says, Okay, you need to get a grip. Maybe Kirk is wrong.
Speaker 9: Nancy Grace is an American legal commentator and television journalist. She hosted Nancy Grace, a nightly celebrity news and current affairs show on HLN from two thousand and five to twenty sixteen. Lorli saying that the buffer is the thing that prevents her from killing her mom, and if she did, Nancy Grace would be camping out in front of her house.
Speaker 1: So good.
Speaker 5: I kind of remember Nancy Grace talking about some murderer and being like, if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's a duck.
Speaker 3: And I was just like, yeah, Nancy, you go.
Speaker 9: Did you know the murder of Nancy's fiance is what prompted her to seek a career in law for fiance. Her fiance, William Keith Griffin, was shot and killed by a co worker. His killer is still in prison to this day.
Speaker 1: All right, well, you know there's laws against that.
Speaker 4: Zach is playing his hit song for missus Kim and she tells him to switch to a different minor chord. Come most, Yeah, that's better, very Ray Davies, missus Kim says, I was thinking Dave Clark five. Now try it again the whole chorus. Ray Davies is an English musician. He was the lead vocalist, rhythm guitarist and primary songwriter for the rock band The Kinks and the Dave Clark Five, also known as the DC five, were an English rock and roll band formed in nineteen fifty eight. They sold more than one hundred million records and had seventeen hit singles before breaking up in nineteen seventy. And did you know that in an early stage of The Kinks, before Davies was willing to be the lead singer, they recruited Rod Stewart as a singer.
Speaker 9: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: After a couple of weeks of trying to be a band, Stuart and the future Kinks found that they did not get along that well, with their musical tastes being two different, and they parted ways.
Speaker 6: I should say so, And Lorlai is still talking about Final Destination three and Lorelai says, okay, but c I'm sorry. They did not even come up with a villain, No Freddy, no Jason. The villain is death. How lame is that who is seeing this movie and Lorli is naming famous villains from horror movies like Freddy Krueger is from The Nightmare on Elm Street and Jason is from Friday the Thirteenth. Lorlei still can't believe the villain and final destination is death and compares it to real villains from other Who.
Speaker 5: Do you think you could beat in a fight, Freddy or Jason? And I have a clear answer on this Jason, because Freddy is like, you can't stop that guy. He's like in your dreams, the real Like Jason, if you have the right technique, I think you could stop him. No, do you guys watch these movies?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: You never seen Friday the Thirteenth.
Speaker 8: No, I don't like.
Speaker 6: Years ago with Kevin during like Mike Myers and then I can I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you two things.
Speaker 5: The very first Friday the thirteenth is so scary. Not now it's sort of camping now, but back then very scary starring Kevin Bacon, uh. The first Nightmre on Elm Street Johnny Depp.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. Let me tell you something. I grew up in the town that the town in Halloween the original Halloween is named after No. Yes. Deborah Hill and John Carpenter wrote the Original Halloween. Deborah Hills from Haddenfield, New Jersey, where I grew up. They couldn't use the town name, so they switched it to Haddenfield, Illinois. So don't tell me about horror. I know.
Speaker 5: I stand strong on that Will Smith one being so scary, And thank you to whoever agreed with me on Instagram.
Speaker 3: I saw you and I feel you.
Speaker 1: Mmmm.
Speaker 3: What was that one?
Speaker 9: What was that called?
Speaker 5: Again?
Speaker 3: That will Smith one where.
Speaker 8: I am legend with the robots the that was the heat There was like, no, that's he's the last man on Earth or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because everybody's got a disease in their zombies.
Speaker 6: What's the robot one?
Speaker 1: Robot robot?
Speaker 3: She got the eye right?
Speaker 1: All right? I think that's lunchtime, kids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good stup. Next week is crazy The.
Speaker 1: Real Paul, the Real Paul Anka season six episode of eighteen. All right, Thank you ladies, Daniel, Roma, Suzanne, French, Teria, Pseudami, Sugarman. Thank you so much. Always a pleasure, best fans on the planet. We will see you next time. Everybody stays safe, Hey, everybody and don't forget. Follow us on Instagram at i Am all In Podcast, and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com