Speaker 1: I miss the green. For example, I'm already upset. When I find my ball in the bunker, I'm really upset. And when I find my ball in a frid Egg, Friday Egg, the dreaded Friday Egg, Friday Friday Bride Egg, Lie, I'm about ready to run off the golf course.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to another edition of the Friday Egg Podcast. We are now got a couple of regulars here. We've got Tron Carter from No Laying Up and Dj Piehowski from Scratch TV. We are gonna preview talk a little bit about New Orleans as well as hashed the last couple of weeks with the Heritage, the Valero, the Big Siege Lodge Tournament. So guys, welcome on.
Speaker 3: Thanks Man, Thanks, We're sitting here, Jack Speach together together in studio to.
Speaker 2: The YEAHDJ and Tron have created a makeshift studio where you know, they're sitting next to each other and I'm I'm back in Chicago.
Speaker 3: You can hear his high five kind of like that Golf Central yesterday they did like a whole team thing. His whole team tame on. Golf Central missed.
Speaker 2: It was what was the team was George Savarcaz.
Speaker 3: There, SACas and Rose. I think they I think they high five about seven times.
Speaker 2: Your boy, mister mister Rooset for sure.
Speaker 1: So off to a good start.
Speaker 2: Off topic, off topic already, So heritage. You know you guys were out there, give us a lay of the land. What you thought? You know, how was Harbortown DJ.
Speaker 3: Never seen the course before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, first time.
Speaker 3: Did not disappoint.
Speaker 1: Just a very fun fun place just walk around and watch golf. I mean, it's fun to see guys deciding what shots to hit. I mean we were camped out behind number nine and you know, saw everything from do titting drivers to Charles Howell apologizing to us after hitting seven iron off the tea, and just all kinds of scores, all kinds of strategy. It was. It was awesome, so fun to so fun to see it. Just perfect weather, and I thought it was interesting that we were able, you know, Wes Bryan was able to overcome a little altercation with Tron to get the w which was very interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I heard rumors of this altercation. Can you set the scene and give us a little color on on what happened? I don't.
Speaker 3: I requested a comment recording.
Speaker 1: I think you kind of just shouted something at him as he walked by. It was kind of more about it and uh, you said, hey, it's Tron and that He kind of waved his head and scoffed and was like, Tron, it was all all very much in good fun. He was going to practice and obviously that was a good decision.
Speaker 3: He wanted to come on the Trot Draw podcast this weekend because he took the weekend off. But then I think he realized that it's an imaginary podcast. I thought, you guys wanted to squash the beef. We do want to squash the beach.
Speaker 2: So I could see in a question, you know, in his press conference being you know, I heard that you snubbed Tron Carter and him pulling a shooter McGavin saying sorry, I was too busy winning.
Speaker 3: That's true, you know what. I was rooting for him down the stretch. Though it's a good tournament. It was kind of an LPCP takeover for the first couple of days, and then things kind of righted themselves. I mean, real talk, though, I think I respect the heck out of him winning in his first what's six months on tour here after getting the battlefield exemption.
Speaker 1: Last year and that's oh he does his win. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: The battlefield exemptions, like the they should call it like the Tiger call of duty battlefield exemption.
Speaker 1: It is like one of the coolest things in golf that rarely we're allowed to talk about, I think, just because it's so rare that it happens. But that's like going out there and winning three times is just so badass of a way to get your card.
Speaker 3: So I was thinking about this today, like, how about instead of so, you know how Premier League soccer has relegation, Like I feel, instead of just having this kind of milk toast priority ranking or you know, status, they should do relegation on the PGA Tour.
Speaker 1: So like Poulter just got relegated. I mean they kind of do that, right, yeah, but call it relegation. It's more of a semantically, whereas like Brian Brian Gay, like he avoided relegation last week much to my sugar in Okay, well, they should do like quarterly relegations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I would love to see more fluctuation for sure.
Speaker 3: Oh, they made it way too hard for guys. To lose their card and for guys that I'm gonna bang on this with with the heritage a little bit. It's kind of a funky field because it's I guess it's like one of the few like four or five invitational events on tour and doesn't totally go by priority ranking. It's like there's also like past champion, you know, much more weighted heavily. I don't know. I don't really pretend to understand how it works, but I did think it was bs that my man JT posting the postman ninetieth in the FedEx Cup and he can't get into a freaking event. I mean that, you know, Rookie Year.
Speaker 2: It's like, come on, man, he's from the Carolinas.
Speaker 3: Too, exactly.
Speaker 1: He's from North Carolina.
Speaker 3: He lives down the road and see island like tailor made for this course. You can't can't even get in the field because of yeah, Brian Gaye.
Speaker 1: Well that's what I was gonna actually, that was the example I was gonna bring up, was like, it's kind of a cool example to see someone like Brian gay who I assumed got in the field because he's a past champion.
Speaker 3: I don't know, what his status is, but I know he has major.
Speaker 1: Maybe either way. I mean, it's cool to see someone like that. If posting or those guys are not going to get in the field, it's cool.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: What you don't want to see is somebody who does get in and come in and finish, you know, one hundred and twenty fifth. So at least it was cool to see Brian Gay because at least it was cool to see Brian Gay come in and.
Speaker 3: Like hang up a awesome score and quay. Well.
Speaker 2: You know what's interesting, which I looked at all those stats of Wes Brian and Luke Donald and they're like identical for the week there, and then it got me thinking, is like Wes Brian, like this era is Luke Donald.
Speaker 1: So I was going to ask you about that. One of the one of the things that everybody loves talking about with Wes is you know, oh he was he was kind of a you know, just a really solid college player and then you know, he did this putting overhaul and now he's like a world beater. I don't know any more about that, Like do you know what he's been changing?
Speaker 2: Like the perfect putting aid and it's got it's like this big metal thing and it kind of looks like a stimp meter. But then he's got I.
Speaker 3: Think, walking by with that actually when he ghost to truck, So I don't.
Speaker 2: Know exactly the how far, like how far you're supposed to be, but it's got matches and then it's got a laser on it, so you figure out like the exact break and the exact speed to make putts perfectly.
Speaker 1: And then like that's the whole thing. Like it teaches you.
Speaker 2: How to read greens better and then how to hit putts. Sounds like he's in big data. Honestly. Like the guy's like career changed when he started using this, because like he became like the best putter in the world or one of the best putters in the world. And uh, you know anybody that says putting doesn't matter anymore, I mean everybody hits the ball relatively the same on the PGA Tour, and I mean, whatever.
Speaker 1: Aaron battle, it's just nowhere.
Speaker 2: Aaron Badley must be the best putter in the history of the world. He's won like five times, saying I remember I saw Aaron Baddley play in the nineteen ninety seven US junior.
Speaker 1: It was I was.
Speaker 2: I was eleven at the time and it was at Conway Farms in Lake Forest, and I went out and I was like, I was like shot, I was in ofw of Aaron Badley's game. He was like the number. He was like, he was so good. He was the number one.
Speaker 1: I think amateur junior.
Speaker 3: He flew to Fiji. I think our junior year high school playing the Aaron Baddley World Junior Championship. Like I remember, all of our teachers were like, where are you going. He was like, oh, I'm going to Fiji this week. Like he was gone for like ten days. They were like, all right, you're you're on the verge of failing at of school. Man can sit down with his parents and stuff. But I mean Aaron Baddley had his own Worldly junior event. Yeah, Fiji.
Speaker 2: All the guys are doing that. I saw J T had a h g A event. You know, Jimmy Walker's got an a j g A event.
Speaker 3: Your boy.
Speaker 1: Hunter Mayhan probably.
Speaker 2: Does what is he on tour? Still does he have a card?
Speaker 1: He pops up every now and again.
Speaker 3: He had to cut it heritage. He was in the web dot Com to Finals last year.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know that he got through, to be honest, No, I think this is the last year of his He won fourteen fifteen, fourteen, and then you get to you get to four years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why would you mean, why would he be in the finals.
Speaker 3: She's trying to up his priority.
Speaker 1: Will investigate playing for the lord of the game. Yeah, we'll get back to you.
Speaker 2: But uh so, then then we had a Valero the next week.
Speaker 3: Wait, all right, hold on, hold on going back. Luke Donald is Matthew Fitzpatrick like the millennial version of muc Donald.
Speaker 2: No, Wes Bryan's Luke Donald. Matthew Fitzpatrick's way better to.
Speaker 3: Just because his stats were.
Speaker 2: They have the same game. They don't drive it well, they hit it like short. They don't drive it well, they hit wedges, and they have unbelievable short.
Speaker 1: Games and pot twell like they're they're like identical players. What's this? What's the scouting report of Fitzpatrick's game? I would love to say that I've watched him more than I have. He's like Speth, He's like.
Speaker 2: Moderately long all around.
Speaker 3: Games, just very tidy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's tidy. He's very talented.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very talented spe zero speak.
Speaker 2: Zero Yeah, he's uh, He's England's version of.
Speaker 1: Speed from Chicago's Big ten team.
Speaker 2: He spent like that's the funniest thing is he spent like eight weeks on Northwestern and he like rocks in Northwestern, but you.
Speaker 3: See more Northwestern theme, sup. He literally he spent.
Speaker 2: And Donald Yeah he left Northwestern because Northwestern doesn't start school till after Labor Day. He left in like December, so he spent ten weeks there.
Speaker 1: Good ten weeks. Hey, hey man, when you're when you're ready, you're ready.
Speaker 3: Where does Northwestern play their home what's their home track for? For golf?
Speaker 2: They play north Shore or I think they play north Shore Country or Skokie. On Mondays they play north Shore Country Club, Skokie Glen View Club. They got a nice little rotation of north Shore country clubs they play.
Speaker 3: You then fly down to Florida in the winter when the weather ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they go hang out with LD down in Florida.
Speaker 2: I think a lot at the Bears Club. Juke Life. Hey, big week for juke Life. Kevin tway last.
Speaker 4: Week that gotta make handbill on the on on eighteen, he was like two ninety five Yeah, that was Duke's at three over the green Uphill.
Speaker 2: I kind of think he's going to be good.
Speaker 1: I don't know too much about him. He was solid in college, I know, but Oklahoma State, Uh, yeah, I haven't. I watched him a little bit on Sunday, but yeah, I couldn't really tell you a ton about his game.
Speaker 3: Is he one of those guys though, that just I mean, just a bomb and gouge specialist to where probably wouldn't have as good of a chance if if if not for three quarters of the courses on tour being I don't know. I mean, this week's not super bomb and Gougee, is it.
Speaker 2: I mean it's that Valera. Valera wasn't very bomb and guage.
Speaker 3: Well it's kind of an yeah, but you gotta be good off the tea. It's not bomb and gage, but you gotta be accurate. Yeah, you guys where I feel like it's really accurate off the tea despite being long.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think he I think he's good, a lot of potential.
Speaker 2: There are so many good rookies now, I mean like Spawn hosting, Brian Swan.
Speaker 3: Might be top five players in the world. No, I'm not I'm not even kidding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go ahead and lay out the case.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna pull up this. I'm gonna pull up.
Speaker 2: His Alwa's been really good too, Schneider Dans.
Speaker 1: He's been about just quietly good rookies that are kind of like finishing, you know, the Postman, just top thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're just like consistently doing well. I don't know it's.
Speaker 1: Been I heard a sad about uh Dominic Pizzelli. Oh too, He's well, he's got like I got a look at his stats, but I think he's got like two top fives and like eight miss cuts or something like that. He's deep in that Scott Staaling's game.
Speaker 3: I've just win like win or miss a cuts, deep in that Lasagnia game.
Speaker 1: Bizzelli Big Marinara.
Speaker 3: All right, spawn's gone from let's see here, he's gone from being like sixteen hundreds in the world, playing the Canadian Tour.
Speaker 1: Winning the money list.
Speaker 3: The guy's just bootstrapped his way under the PGA Tour and he's just taken scouts man, crushing people loving.
Speaker 2: He kind of loss like Ryan Moore too.
Speaker 3: Totally DJ very into that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ryan Moore, Ryan Moore, JJ Sha Kevin Chappell. Kind of a hybrid is what I think.
Speaker 2: My game is kind of modeled after big, big week for you with the Chapel one.
Speaker 1: Huh, huge week for me, very vindicating fellow short backswinger Kevin Chappell.
Speaker 3: Get that, I am Chappie.
Speaker 1: That was awesome. Let's let's get into it. Let's talk like I don't like I'm into Kevin Chapel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am too.
Speaker 1: I Uh.
Speaker 2: I think I like everybody though, so I thought you like nobody? Yeah, I like everybody's game.
Speaker 1: If you hate everybody, do you hate anybody?
Speaker 2: If everybody stinks?
Speaker 1: Does anybody stink? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You gotta like a guy winning when he hasn't, you know, when he's been a second for so long?
Speaker 3: Like was he the best player without a win?
Speaker 2: I don't think so, because like, well, it depends on what you term win, like PG the best player with win, PGA Tour win. If it's PGA Tour win, then like Alex and Orange in the top ten in the world and doesn't have the PGA Tour win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, true, Montes, Monty's the best player in.
Speaker 2: The world without Did Monty never win a PG?
Speaker 1: Mind blowing thing in the world? You know, what every time he was in the US, he was just.
Speaker 3: He didn't even win like a co sanction. Well, he was just getting steep in the National Park game. That's true.
Speaker 1: How are you gonna win a pebble when you're just hanging out it, you know, John Muir Woods, National Park.
Speaker 3: I think it is.
Speaker 1: Look it up. Tweet at me if that's not real.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of Woods, can we talk about the big seater lot?
Speaker 1: Sure? Yeah, got va.
Speaker 3: Here's sorry, dude, that tournament sucks.
Speaker 1: Here's here's what I want to say about Valero. I'm at the Tour Championship. Last year, Kevin Chappell hit like one of the like nervest putts I've ever seen, I think on eighteen to get into that playoff or to win outright, and ended up getting in the playoffs. And I was terrified to see him like standing over that putt on eighteen or you know at Valerity, just bury it.
Speaker 3: So that's the thing, if you like, especially because he was talking about it in his presser afterwards. He was like, yeah, I had a putt that I thought was to win last year at one event and like at bay Hill, I think, and he like four feet short and then he left another punt. Yeah, I think he left it crazy short Tour championship and so to see somebody slay the dragon, yeah, like conquer their demons like that. So that's so much cooler than just seeing like Big Cat in ninety seven. It's like a little tap in, you know, like that's still that's my almost like yeah, yeah, where it's like, man, I had like fifteen punts to get this done. It's like, no, man, you should have should have made the first one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's uh. It was like kind of eurally similar to Hoffmann's pipe last year too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was like the same length, like almost the same spot on the green, by.
Speaker 3: The same same emotional reaction.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you know, like with Chapel last year he lost to like Rory, he lost to Jason day at Arnold Palmer. I don't know where else he Like, it's not like he was losing the scrubs. He had three runners top five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was in the top five players.
Speaker 1: I remember I almost won the Memorial one year. You know who beat him? Couch?
Speaker 2: Oh man, that's a big hey, speaking of I had this question written down. I wanted to know, you know, Cooch isn't playing this week. Is it because he couldn't find a partner, or like, who would be his ideal partner?
Speaker 1: Dude? You know what his either Justin Huber undefeated shout out Justin Huber, or I mean his partner is his partner's laid up man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was out of solidarity. I respect it. He's probably doing like some tag team call of duty.
Speaker 1: With him this week, probably getting deep in the tennis game this week.
Speaker 2: You know, I tweeted something double sibbys the Island earlier. I tweeted something earlier today about like college, you know, pairings in this thing, and and somebody tweeted back if think Kim and Tiger were repairing, And I was like, well, what about Noda and Tiger? You know, we could get a live feed into Tiger's couch with Noda sitting there next to him.
Speaker 3: What if they let Noda and Tiger put play it like in a video.
Speaker 2: Game Tiger Went's two thousand and seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like like virtual but they get to count their score.
Speaker 2: What I mean, do we really need to talk about Tiger? Is it?
Speaker 3: No? It's totally unnecessary, disgusting that was even brought up.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought that's what you brought up when you said, speaking of Woods, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 3: You want to talk about the big Cedar log.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Franco Baby, I mean DJ, the Big Virginian, Big Virginian just iron play in that place to death.
Speaker 2: I am in shock that Steve Stricker hasn't won a Champions Tour event yet.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like what A said. Some of these guys just come out and they think they're gonna run ship and then they get bodied hard and realize that well, I mean it's Trigger almost won the first week, like he he lost by one or two. I don't think his competitiveness and energy level is I think the Champions Tour is like a step up from the PGA Tour as far as like grinding and like putting and not waste team shots. I swear to god, you guys are laughing. I swear to God. No, like like it's like kill or be killed out there. They eat their young I'm a Champions Tour.
Speaker 2: It's just filled with guys that still are hitting their competitive apex.
Speaker 3: We exactly. It's guys that like they they really didn't fully take advantage and so they've got this residual hunger, unfulfilled potential on the PGA.
Speaker 2: Tour, like Bernhard had the yips which held him back from them, and now he's just you know, taking it all out with his long cutter, you know Bill or Jay has.
Speaker 3: I could see it.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know more about the course set up stuff, but like not that the pins are set up easy, the course is set up easy or anything like that. But I wonder if there's something to the fact that like a lot of these dudes, I mean, they've won so much, it's really like a you know, they're not looking to finish T twelve. So I wonder if it's just like there's just gonna be a hot hand every week and they're just hitting at every flag I feel like, and just try like trying to go crazy crazy, crazy low each week, and like it's just hard to beat. Like I don't know, I don't know if this isn't making any sense, but it's just hard to beat when there's gonna be one at least one red Hawt guy every week.
Speaker 2: You know, they put the pins in the middle a lot there, like they don't touch them as much. You know who that's not for is just and Rose is not going to be playing the Champions Tour.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's where he thrives.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, I think that's where I mean, that's where trigger thrives too. It's a great wedge game.
Speaker 3: So the Champions Tour had had this team event. We had some good teams too, Fred Funk and Jeff Sluman like such a good team.
Speaker 2: Jeff Sluman still sponsored by paychecks.
Speaker 1: If he's not, I want my want my money back.
Speaker 3: Who finished second?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: Uh? Goidos and it was like a great Goidos Sutherland, those guys are best friends.
Speaker 3: Corey Paven shout out to the rat family, Duffy Waldorf, those two pair together, and then Olin Brown and Steve Pate Steve pat the Volcano's Jerry Page. I've banished him from my memory from that one year when the match play was like which ever paid? And I think like both the Sutherland brothers.
Speaker 1: But are you talking about the Ryder cuff?
Speaker 3: Lit was the match play?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: When they had it back at LaCosta, I think, oh the first year, my god, the final four was like literally the most not the foremost non descript guys you.
Speaker 2: Could the sixty four seed that yeah, he'd bet big had in the first round he did RP. Yeah, it's uh so, what do you guys think about this New Orleans tournament?
Speaker 3: Very pumped, I'm excited. Let me guess Contrarian Andy is not excited.
Speaker 2: No, I kind of love it. The one thing I don't like is that, like say, the Kapkas win, Chase Koepka just gets a two year card on tour like he's on if you win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, like I know they're not doing world ranking points, but it's pretty much everything else and you get except for the mets except the man I think you get.
Speaker 3: You get, you get half the points you normally get.
Speaker 2: I think you split, Like I think.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I think that you would get first and second and then you split it. Huh not positive though? Need uh need like a Will Gray or Justin Ray.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I see where you're coming from. But that's like one guy out of the field. Also, I just.
Speaker 2: I just don't think, you know, like I mean, Brooks kept go almost won last.
Speaker 1: Week, like you know what. Like we didn't touch on the about Valera, but the wed shot that Brooks hitted at eighteen was boss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like a foot when he had to make berdie to tie. I'm gonna abstains just objectively.
Speaker 1: It was a good shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was a good shot. I mean, can we can we put in the bed like the like a lot of tour players walk up to the green when they hit a web shot, like a lot of amateurs do that too, Like, that's not tour sauce. Can we can we put that to bead like? Like?
Speaker 3: I disagree, I think that is tour sauce.
Speaker 1: But I'll defer to I'll.
Speaker 2: Be playing in the Lake County am and I'll have a twenty yard web shot and I'll walk up and look at the green to say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think he had plus three. I think he had like a I think he had like ninety yards.
Speaker 2: Though, well you need to see where the pin was.
Speaker 1: No, I'm with you, but it's a long walk. I don't see a lot of amateurs walking it out from ninety yards.
Speaker 3: Can we stop talking about that is such a bad turnament?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Yeah, I I it's not that that's my thing.
Speaker 2: As much as I hate the golf course, I think it's actually a decent golf course. For a golf tournament, it usually turns out pretty exciting. Yeah, like they have good leaderboys. Like the field is miserable. The field is miserable, and it and it had chapel f now Koepka. Who else was there that tie for Kevin Tway? But like the field, the field was miserable and three of probably the biggest names were at the top. I kind of think it was. I think it's a terrible place for anybody to play. That's not a pro, but kind of a good course for a pro tournament.
Speaker 3: And Oaks Course.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it's a sponsored course.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess that's kind of smart though. Right, everybody's paying all these big dollars for names on the actual tournament, but swoop in give them a little check for the to name it after your company actual course. It's kind of kind of jerrymandering the sponsorship there a little bit.
Speaker 2: I wonder how much it costs, because I'd love to sponsor a golf course, you know, the Friday course.
Speaker 3: And people want to play.
Speaker 1: You got your.
Speaker 2: I might start with, like, you know.
Speaker 1: The course by my the course I grew up at, just closed. You can probably pick that thing up.
Speaker 2: For well, I don't want to. I don't want to.
Speaker 3: It's like an hour from your house.
Speaker 2: I don't want to own it. I just want to pay a little dollar amount to be like, you know, Lake Bluff Golf. Hey, DJ, Why so, why do you hate New Orleans?
Speaker 1: It's a loaded question.
Speaker 3: Uh. First of all, that's a bit of a bastardization of my stance on the issue.
Speaker 1: I think. I don't know, man, I've I've been there a couple of times. It's just not my not my speed, not my tempo.
Speaker 3: I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that there are awesome parts of the city that I have not seen yet, but the whole I don't know. The quarter is. You know, it's cool to walk around in the morning, like get some coffee and kind of look at the architecture and that kind of stuff. I'm into that, into the history of it, but like you know, it's just not my favorite place to spend some time. Yeah, you know, a lot of this boils down to and I think this is where we can find some common ground. Is I just don't like that kind of food. I'm not saying it's bad food. I'm not saying the restaurants are bad, not like that. I just don't like that. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm not deep in the shelfish.
Speaker 1: The family reason to go to Tronts with big shellfish. Though you should just see the massacre. He had it spicy, juicy crawfish the other day. So this is what I'm talking about. This is what happens when you float an opinion out there.
Speaker 3: No, it's like, all right, you don't like butter salt.
Speaker 2: He didn't like a good What about gumbo? Do you like gumbo?
Speaker 1: It's okay, look, do we really want to break this down? But what what one kind of food I like?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm just alarmed that you went to a Buffalo wild Wings when you were in New Orleans.
Speaker 3: It was an invitation.
Speaker 1: It was an invitation from a good friend talk to watch the bulls. That's why they were in the playoffs, if you must know. And we're looking for a restaurant next to the course? Was this when Tibbs was dead? Coach? It was it was me and h the brothers gut Thrie because of the bulls.
Speaker 2: I'm a I'm a big bulls fan.
Speaker 1: I'm doing it again.
Speaker 2: In a heartbeat, I would do that too. Actually, I'm you're you're of san Hey, what what do you guys? What do you guys, think about the format. Do you like the alternate shot bestball? You know, what do you what do you think?
Speaker 3: I'm still pissed into a scramble and so many people got after me yes when I said that on Twitter. It's not real golf, man. I'm like, I would be so into watching, like this is an alternate shot best ball event. You're telling me that a scramble on Friday or Saturday wouldn't be fantastic.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like scramble is just as weird as alternate shot.
Speaker 3: Alternate shot is. I'm into That's like I alternate shot like, I like it.
Speaker 2: I don't think we I mean, we don't see enough of it.
Speaker 1: It was cool.
Speaker 3: Actually, I was listened to Harold on the.
Speaker 1: I feel like that was good.
Speaker 3: Damn it.
Speaker 1: I was listening to Harold on the No Lap podcast this morning, and I mean he was like literally couldn't remember the last time he played alternate shot.
Speaker 3: And you start thinking about it, and it's like, well, man, all these young dudes.
Speaker 1: Like never play this format, and then they go play in the Ryder Cup for the first time. It's like it's awful.
Speaker 3: Uh, And so I'm super into seeing altern shot well, so three of the like the I think three of the four or threes this week are odd numbered. That's true. So you really have to game strategy. Yeah, with strategy, just from a spectator perspective, if there's only seven, there's seventy teams, seventy two teams something like that, there's not that man shots in alternate shot the gay faster, it's true. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, what about a shamble where shamble where you both hit the T shot, you pick the best T shot, and you play your own ball in from there.
Speaker 3: I think that's the best format to play parameters.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of all in on the shamble.
Speaker 3: Love it's but this course.
Speaker 2: It's a peat die. It's got wide, it's gotten with it's.
Speaker 3: Like the easiest pee die in the world.
Speaker 2: Though, right, No, Yeah, greens have like you gotta you gotta hit really good shots to have good putts at Birdie. Yeah, there's a lot of water, there's a lot of bumpers. You know, it's a it's a pretty mediocre tour course. But it's like it's like the best course in in New Orleans, and New Orleans is like the worst golf.
Speaker 1: City in America. Soad in Nashville.
Speaker 2: Oh, Nashville might be right there too, and then uh, I guess it's gonna move to that new Rhys Jones course.
Speaker 3: And yeah, talk about the budget on that course.
Speaker 2: I guess like five million went to some water reclamation program or something. But even then it's still paid. I don't know how somebody spends that much, that kind of money on that guy.
Speaker 1: But that's another talk for another day. Yeah, how do you think these guys pick their teams?
Speaker 2: That is a great question.
Speaker 1: It's uh just dying to get who's your favorite obscure team?
Speaker 3: Like so so easy, not even a question, Ye, Spencer.
Speaker 2: Get you can only get one, So Tron, who's your favorite team?
Speaker 1: Now that at first? Let me pick another one. Yeah, I just I just Pete on that team.
Speaker 3: That's my team.
Speaker 1: How about can't I and read oh I love I Love Just from a like head scratching perspective, Sabatini and Deshambo, it's very interesting.
Speaker 3: It's the fact that that one's not PGA Tour lived is a disgrace.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to san I. Actually, what about what about Charlie Wee and kJ Troy?
Speaker 3: I thought Charlie we like retired.
Speaker 1: Didn't you have a thing like a couple of months ago where he was like, I'm hanging it up, thanks for everything.
Speaker 2: He's he's must be bringing it back, Like maybe do you think kJ like got on the phone and said, Charlie, I need you for this event?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 3: Did I think you know what he's played really well this course before?
Speaker 1: What about ye Yang with ye.
Speaker 3: Oh? You know what I love is the Kyle Raimy Phil Schmidt team.
Speaker 1: You want to talk through that one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So I saw the guys and I'm like, who the hell are these guys? And I did some hard research. I mean like I googled like eighteen different things before I finally found who these guys were. And they're Section PGA guys. So they're like club pros who won Louisiana PGA events and got into the UH into the field.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: I hope they hope they just take a DP.
Speaker 2: I kind of hope they win because they get exemptions.
Speaker 1: It would be PGA tour players.
Speaker 3: I got a couple to kind of highlight here, Freddie Yak and Willie Wilcox. I want to know the backstory on that one, Like how that one came about.
Speaker 1: They seemed like a couple.
Speaker 2: Like it doesn't it doesn't seem like your your son's namesake kind of partner.
Speaker 3: No, No, that one kind of made me scratch my head a little bit.
Speaker 1: ZB and C. T Pan.
Speaker 3: I'm big into that team, The Breadman, The Breadman.
Speaker 2: Those guys, Uh, they're Yeah. C T Pan's got game. It's got to play Furman fat. Has it been raining in New Orleans?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 2: What about way Kim and Greg Owen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that wouldn't That would didn't do much for me, to be honest, Like, I.
Speaker 3: Want to know if that if there was a pool of guys like twenty or thirty guys just like Hey, it's like with whoever Man and so they just like either randomly selected guys on a hat or what.
Speaker 2: But I think I heard Seamous Power and Steven Alker were complete random pair.
Speaker 1: Really just like show. It's kind of like when you just show up as a single of they just pairing them.
Speaker 2: Somebody, Hey, what what are what are Brian Stewart's chances of offending with Chris.
Speaker 3: Droudj Chris Droud.
Speaker 1: I think Chris Stroud has played well here in the past two I could see it.
Speaker 3: I could see that being some local knowledge. Fans are gonna get behind him.
Speaker 1: As a past champion.
Speaker 3: Will I think Willie Mack and Steve Marino might be that's a couple of couple of guys like having a get tired, so that should be part of the scramble that they they have to go out crush a few beers during the scramble.
Speaker 1: Couple. I think you guys are just describing like a golf outing. That's what they should just like a charity golf turnlement, Like that's what the New Orleans even should be. Like Michael Kim and Brandon Hagy, that's kind of an under under the radar one.
Speaker 5: Cal bears so many a lot of college partners, So I feel like we've got some dejure segregation here, go ahead, you got I think it's it's the facto, and I think is like kind of a matter of circumstance or like kind of by choice, whereas.
Speaker 3: De factos by law. Maybe I might be mixing those up. Whatever you've got, you've got the Canadian dudes playing together, and then like which which Canadians delay and the hitman.
Speaker 2: And then they heard that's a good team Presidents Cup team Mackenzie Hughes is playing with somebody else, some other Canadian. I forgot who.
Speaker 3: That's what I was serious.
Speaker 2: But oh the actually the random pairing was Xander Schaflet and Tagg right riding.
Speaker 1: How's the tag? Right?
Speaker 3: You're like the only person I think who even would know remotely? Like those what are those guys backgrounds?
Speaker 2: Dude, I'm in on Xanders. He makes a ton of bernies and he went to like San Diego State. He's only gotten Like the problem with these rookies is they don't get any starts. Like I was looking at man Bobby. Whyatt's gotten five starts this year?
Speaker 3: Five fully exempt though?
Speaker 1: Right? He got it?
Speaker 3: Why it's fully exempt?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He bought out here last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah he came in.
Speaker 2: He almost won last year. But he's gotten five starts this year.
Speaker 1: Five, Like it's going all right, I could get I can get way down with this Russell Henley Blaine Barber team very much like that a lot.
Speaker 3: Can we talk about Tom Hogy and JJ Henry TCU.
Speaker 1: Man, what about your boy Smiley.
Speaker 3: And HV three. I think the moment might be a little big. Smiley's playing a whole game, probably entertaining people I've got some pressure on him.
Speaker 2: I saw he went to the Pelicans, like yeah, place, and then I think he was somewhere else. I think it's finally might be on the up and up. He made a cut last week.
Speaker 3: I think The Landlord is trending as well. I think Smiley's just trying to to cash in on his five minutes of fame.
Speaker 1: I really like Wes Bryan and Ryan blomb Jack speaches. Ryan blom Ryan is going to be a lot of perks in that group.
Speaker 2: I'm one of my fantasy squads, big big fan of blomb.
Speaker 1: All right, going back, going back, going back. Sorry, we've got I got a couple of good ones.
Speaker 3: We've got and Summer Hayes two Mormons are paired up together like that you've got. Do you think the Do you think Gonzale for not just Cassania thinks that Martin Flores.
Speaker 1: Most man, uh dude to anyone who has never dealt with Gonzala, fornanis Castana Remedy, that that guy the best. He's awesome.
Speaker 3: Do you think Herman and Cody Grimble are going to talk about Republican politics? How about who's tasing and Grace? That's a formidable. Would that's nice?
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this question, is there anybody you'd rather play in a like a team event more than with Louis Sasan. I feel like he'd just be the best partner.
Speaker 1: Totally, just like never never.
Speaker 2: Shoot, Like you make like a ten and you're like sorry, Louis and he's like whatever.
Speaker 3: You know what team might be?
Speaker 1: I don't know, is either going to win by a hundred or like I think I know where you're going with this, uh Berger and Thomas Peters.
Speaker 3: That team might might be vibeen too much.
Speaker 2: They might be Yeah, they might might be vibe too hard.
Speaker 3: I couldn't be more out on the Brendan Steele, Keegan Bradley unsubscribed.
Speaker 1: That's not great, Patrick Reid and Patrick Can'tley is interesting.
Speaker 3: Because scheme's like just two guys that I just really really want to win.
Speaker 1: Totally. Yeah, I think that is like cool the course tomorrow, No, I don't want to talk to you all.
Speaker 2: I like the quietest person ever, so like probably killer though, man, he's like he's just an assassin.
Speaker 3: So do you think Reid is is well positioned for this event from a vibe perspective and from kind of a well a little bit. It's not a match play, but it's got a little bit of me.
Speaker 2: The first question is are his club style?
Speaker 3: Then don't even don't even get me fired up on that. That was That was one of the more shameful displays of professionalism I've ever seen. Just disgusting. That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: Next Quitz, I mean, I think can't can't Lee. I think it's gonna be. I mean I've been all over Can'tley for like I've been waiting two and a half years for this moment.
Speaker 1: That they that you can't lay up on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't lay up on him, but he's like a stoic killer, like big yeah big stew hagenstand was telling me like like he's never not like just a slender man, He's never. He's like never, not like very calm and stoic like in any moment.
Speaker 1: Which which is kind of what read needs, right because he's gonna like he's gonna be just alpha as hell, and he just needs like a partner who's like quiet.
Speaker 3: It just hits really good shots.
Speaker 1: I feel like, I don't know, maybe not.
Speaker 3: I also like and who doesn't stink when he's playing well when him and Speed speed, When him and Speed play together, I guess Jordan kind of like fires him up. So I don't really know. I don't I'm very interesting to see how that goes.
Speaker 1: So we're out on the Speed Palmer oh way in on that.
Speaker 3: I love Ryan Paulmer. He's he's one of my favorite trage special Yeah, he's just a pros pro, just gets it done.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean we haven't really talked about any of we spent twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, buying or selling the big the big name. We haven't looked at any of these chock pairings here.
Speaker 1: I mean, Justin Rosen Hendrick Stenson is like pretty wildly.
Speaker 3: I don't think they're gonna make putts though.
Speaker 2: What do you think about what's what's j J Days going to be? We haven't seen much of them this year.
Speaker 1: We haven't.
Speaker 2: And Richard Fowler, both these guys are kind of like Pete Die sneaky specialists, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I would have to I feel like I could be wrong with this, but I don't think Ricky. I don't think Ricky ever does much a disipate because he's always got like so much Zurich stuff to do. I feel like I think he I don't think he's played well here. It does seem like he would, so he's just hanging out.
Speaker 2: With the actual Well I think, uh, you know, Follower won the players, he's won it. He's got die die success and then you got days one Day's one players and at Whistling Straights. I kind of think they're they're they're a sneaky team because of the course. But I don't know, you need to die is cast. The die might have been cast. I mean they could be just you know, they're obviously like the biggest favors. What about uh what about the chapel and.
Speaker 1: JB Holmes, Bubba coming off that jet lag but played well last week? Those who played well at the Ryder Cup. I just I'm kind of disappointed that jab Holmes is paired.
Speaker 3: With Has Bubba ever played well? Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait wait?
Speaker 3: Why like good good way a bad way?
Speaker 6: Like just because you like JB Holmes or because you just think I kind of I kind of like JB Holmes and I just don't like that he's you know, paired with Bubba.
Speaker 2: I'm not like, I don't really have an opinion on JAV Holmes but you know, now, I you know, I don't know how am.
Speaker 3: I gonna I got? Is?
Speaker 2: Are they gonna play with the Volvic during alternate shot?
Speaker 3: That's a great question. Well here's another question. Is Bubba actually playing with the Vulvic still? Or do you think they're just painting tro v ones? Little bait and switch.
Speaker 2: Action would be a good call. I wonder about that, like when some guy signed a big deal and like then he gets the ball or the club and it's complete tra ash, Like I mean, like we saw Zach Johnson painted on top of a titleist when it was supposed to be a PSG last year. But like I bet Bubba, that could be Bubba's resurgent play?
Speaker 3: Do you all right? Should I know who Richie Warinski is?
Speaker 1: A fun fact, first golf star I ever wrote was about Richie Warrensky at a junior tournament, great.
Speaker 2: Guy, big break winner.
Speaker 1: It was is he Georgia?
Speaker 2: Indeed, I think top three on the Web Tour last year too.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I sound like rigsy here.
Speaker 1: Brendan Todd.
Speaker 3: Trying to.
Speaker 1: Trying to do a piggyback riding on Chris kirk Kiss Downtown. Scott Brown, Scott Brown.
Speaker 3: Then ambassador to New Zealand. If there's a there's a cushier job in the in the world, I haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: What about Dirt McGirt and Robert Garrigus.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I like that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hasn't really keeps.
Speaker 3: I I think he might be tired. He's been playing a ton that's what he does. Though this doesn't This seems like a good course for him.
Speaker 2: He is the most overlooked player on the good player on the PGA tour.
Speaker 3: So so is this just gonna come down of a playing contest.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm just fascinated to see how everything goes. You gotta have.
Speaker 2: Guys that are putting the bomb play like both of them, Like the key is having two good looks.
Speaker 1: That's why I think Speeds and Palmer might be it's just Plumber's player can get a little hot.
Speaker 3: Keep scrolling out Alex Chicken sworn Keltson into that weather.
Speaker 2: It's not going to be bad enough for her.
Speaker 1: That's true. Yeah, there are a couple of mutters, well, naughty Mark Wilson.
Speaker 3: That's that's like the that's like the undercard.
Speaker 2: What about the scene. The Champions Tour bid for Stricker and Kelly.
Speaker 3: Former Franklin Temple to shootout winners together.
Speaker 2: If they didn't win at Top of the Rock last week and then they came here and won, you know.
Speaker 1: What they should have done is v J and Carlos Franco should have parlayed that went into a spot feel sweet. That'd be sweet. They should do that next year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Justin Thomas and Colly Collie.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a.
Speaker 2: Good sneaky team.
Speaker 3: His tempo makes me uncomfortable because it's so similar to my own. It gets after, it's way too quick at the especially on Sundays.
Speaker 1: Uh, just played Bombing Gadget Windsor Park Golf Club Jack.
Speaker 2: There's there's a young pairing of the young and the old Argentine with Cabrera and at Tulane at tu Lane's a rookie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like the Charles Schwab Mentor series. People h Rifers and Beef we got we got a little Italian, a little Italian. Uh, a little Italian deal there. And I think Rifers is sponsored by a jerky company to prime cuts.
Speaker 1: Perky jerky.
Speaker 3: No, it's not perky jerky and it's not it's not a king made.
Speaker 1: It's like a just so much beef jerky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the beef jerky lobby is strong on tour.
Speaker 2: Your barstool boys through beef today.
Speaker 3: That's a match made in heaven right there. Uh. I don't think we can judge Beef by the company he keeps. I should have I should have included him on that, on that Overexplode, I think he's Beef is just looking to have a good time whoever's around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he's just I think he's a good Yeah, he's a victim of circumstance.
Speaker 3: Is the Michael Thompson Tim Wilginson pairing? Is that on the is that on the what's the the the Interpol watch list?
Speaker 2: Tell me trying if there were if there were four guys and four teams in contention, what would be your worst four nightmare?
Speaker 3: That would be one of them. Let's see here Sean Stephanie and John Rawlins, General College, Uh, Shay Reedy, sha Chez Chez Reedy and Lucas Glover probably major champion. Man, I know I keep going. I need a good Stewart's past champ here Mark Wilson Malnaught. He's tough to tough to.
Speaker 1: Top m and he's got and he's got a lot of Chicago listeners not gonna be happy with your Mark Mark Wilson slander.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you who might win this thing, please Fabbi On Gomez and Johnny Vegas. This guy's mansistently punched him.
Speaker 1: Off their weight. Uh Davis two time winner, Vegas a two time winner. Also, that's kind of a sneaky thing.
Speaker 3: Was most underrated winners and.
Speaker 2: It might be I let me tell you who I'm rooting for.
Speaker 3: Actually, Brendan Steele and Keingan. I want to sub them in on that. On that terrorist watch list that I put together. How about Tarrell Hatton and Jamie Donaldson? What's Jamie Donaldson though too?
Speaker 1: I don't know, just kind of I think he might have been playing and then was he playing last week in China?
Speaker 2: I feel like the last year vicious chainsaw accident with his thumb.
Speaker 1: That's great, Yeah, I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: It was the most sold Greg Norman, Yeah, it was awful. What are what are the chances of Kyle Rammy and Paul Schmid making the cut?
Speaker 3: So how does the cut work? What is it.
Speaker 1: So it's what bestball one day in a shot, one day cut and then do it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean they're probably not gonna make the cut. I don't think I would love it if they would.
Speaker 2: Uh. I mean there's a lot of like pretty good teams that they.
Speaker 3: Call this the member guest you know that would that's what they should do.
Speaker 1: No, I was just thinking that then you look at like the pro ams that are out there, and like.
Speaker 3: Then then then it basically just turns in like the Tavis Dot Cup.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know that sounds as good as it sounds.
Speaker 2: If you guys are getting a if you guys spot you got the sponsors exemption, what pro are you gonna call up to say, I want you my.
Speaker 3: Partner Projestin Huber undefeated.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody knows he's not available.
Speaker 1: He had a wicked case of food poisoning this week down to Mexico. Bummer story.
Speaker 3: He's a all you can eat sushi You might have been trying to beat them all you can eat sushi dad in Mexico.
Speaker 1: Uh. Man, I mean alternate shot and best ball you're looking for. Well, that's a good question.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna win your year, That's true.
Speaker 1: Okay, So really we're looking like which player could do the best with my t shots. Essentially, you actually might want like Luke Donald. Yeah, maybe just someone who can to scramble. I mean, I think I'm picking speed in this. I knew you were going to How would you not you want somebody who just keeps it in play and makes a million birdies?
Speaker 3: Who are you picking Andy?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'd probably take like I think i'd pick Louijoh.
Speaker 3: You know. Yeah, so you guys might be too trill together.
Speaker 1: You guys might be time. You know, I was playing a buffalo too late, miss your tea time.
Speaker 2: I almost missed my tea time this weekend in a tournament. We were the same thing. We were just I was really hungover and the yeah, and then it was just all a sudden. You know, we're my partner and I are just kind of laid back people, and we were like, oh, ship, we we got to get going. We hit like ten balls, we barely hit them. We barely hit the ball on the on the range, and then we were on the tee. It was it was, it was a struggle.
Speaker 1: We started preparing to fail. You know, we got off to a good start.
Speaker 2: So we we had a we had this part three second It was like one hundred and sixty yards and we were it's like a really small green. We both hit it to ten feet and we were like high fiving on the way to the green, and then we both three putted.
Speaker 3: I tell you, I'll tell you I'm picking. I'm picking Freddy Yakobsen.
Speaker 1: Let's get picked, because he's getting me out of any sort of pincle we find ourselves in.
Speaker 3: I might pick Spencer. Honestly, if I'm not trying to win, I might.
Speaker 1: I might pick I'd be awesome, really, Oh yeah, I think we I think we'd vibe pretty well together. They'd be a Yin and Yang situation.
Speaker 2: What about do we saw him just get a sulky frenchman just roaming out?
Speaker 3: He uh, he's kind of disappeared.
Speaker 2: Huh, he's gotten like fat, really really yeah. I saw him last year. He was it.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's not the same guy.
Speaker 3: Minded to get him on a roast my swing. I can't believe he's getting fat on one of this monos, sat fatty fatty French foods over there. All right, what uh what else we need to cover here?
Speaker 2: I don't think there's much more.
Speaker 1: I think oprated, underrated.
Speaker 3: Close it out? Yeah, any how do you feel about the Great Hazard?
Speaker 2: Oh so underrated?
Speaker 3: If anybody listened to the Dope the Woke Dope podcast that Andy did.
Speaker 1: I really doubt that there's anybody that's listening to this podcast that didn't listen to the do that shows this one over the show? Yeah first first time walked out.
Speaker 2: All right, so let's yeah, we'll do some overrated, underrated.
Speaker 1: We'll do the whole podcast.
Speaker 2: Victoria National last year web web dot com a tour event, underrated, awesome.
Speaker 3: Underrated in general, or underrated by our estimation.
Speaker 1: I think it's just whatever pops in your head.
Speaker 3: I think I may have pimpeded so hard last week that it's now over.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 3: It did look just brutal.
Speaker 1: There was some there were definitely some definitely some strategy going on there. Though it's fun to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's uh, that course is just so hard.
Speaker 3: Just how many T boxes?
Speaker 1: Too?
Speaker 3: Is too many tea boxes?
Speaker 2: Do the tea box?
Speaker 1: What do the T boxes look like?
Speaker 3: It's like there's there's like one hundred t boxes on every hole.
Speaker 2: So I think that a te box like you shouldn't. It should be almost indistinguishable. You know, this is what the not always. But I think like if you blend some of the tea boxes in with you know, it shouldn't look so bad. But I don't know. I think you should have a lot of tea boxes, Like I should be able to play a hole wherever the hell I want to play. I was talking to some guy that was playing a course and he's like, they changed this hole from a par five to par four and I was, and I was, and he's like, so now I always go for the green when I used to lay up, And I'm like why, Like he's I mean.
Speaker 1: I would probably do the same thing, like not consciously, but I could see that being a subconscious thing that you just so.
Speaker 3: So question is is par overrated?
Speaker 1: Underrated?
Speaker 5: Par?
Speaker 2: It's way overrated. It's just a number.
Speaker 3: So do you think people overrate par as a matter of strategy?
Speaker 2: Yes, I think people just overrate the thing of par Like everybody talks about.
Speaker 1: Like oh Riviera, Like the first hole should be a.
Speaker 2: Par four, but then the whole going back is like the same yardage and it goes like uphill and into the ocean wind and.
Speaker 1: Is a par four.
Speaker 2: So like really the two holes are both like part four.
Speaker 1: And a hand.
Speaker 2: So if you get out of there with nine, like you're like, oh, I'm even par But like if you get there with eight, you're like, oh, I got a good start.
Speaker 3: It was right that story about while I also number nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like literally every year there's like four stories that are like, but should it be a part four?
Speaker 3: Who cares well?
Speaker 2: It's like it's this whole thing where like you need to have like a it has to be a par seventy two?
Speaker 1: Why like why can't it be a par of seventy five.
Speaker 3: Or sixty nine's And like I don't mean that like the Jordan sense. I mean like no, it's awesome, like totally up in uh one sits and it's like yeah, like one boy sit bast rocks.
Speaker 1: There's a couple of other.
Speaker 3: Ones, and it's like like, I don't it has no bearing on the round to me unless you just look down at the scorecard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: All right, So are you a fan of like the long runway tea boxes? Then just going back to te boxes kind of like the Robert Trent Jones senior style T boxes.
Speaker 2: You know what, I don't mind the long I was at this place Pine Tree last week that's got really cool like super long tea boxes. But they're like really narrow. They're like five yards wide and they'll be like one hundred yards long, and they'll they'll have double T boxes where it will be the same five yards wide and it'll be one hole to going the other way and one hole going the other way. I don't know. Tea boxes are apparently the hardest thing to build and make them look natural.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 3: Here's a question of tea boxes under overrated, underrated in general, Like would you rather just not have any T boxes? Kind of like oh yeah, the stream song where you just don't have any T boxes whatsoever.
Speaker 2: My dream is to build a course with just like the sheep ranches, apparently just just green conflict, just like greens, and you get it just teed up wherever you want.
Speaker 3: One of my favorite things to do.
Speaker 1: We do this sometimes if you've like if you've played a course one hundred times and you're playing a match, it's just whoever in the hole gets to pick the tea out of the next hole.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be all the way back, all the way up, whatever you want to do.
Speaker 2: What's really fun is to play the ladys Seas and see how how low you shoot a lot of times you don't even shoot very low, and you're like, what the hell?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, and that's what you're shots that you try to overpower the hell out. Yeah exactly, And that's a spot.
Speaker 1: Where like it does totally get into your head, just like par where when you're playing up you're like, well, I should try to get to the green, like we got close. I am this is great and it doesn't make sense what I was gonna say about T boxes, I was like, I kind of hate when I'm sure, I don't know if you'll be able to just school me on this or not, but I hate when you play those narrow T boxes because I love I love when a T box has with with with an angles, but when the tea can be moved around, especially in like a short part four and you can be moved around, that like totally changes the shot shape needed or stuff like that, Like it makes it a totally completely different hole, which I think is awesome. I love showing up to a T box on a hole where like I know what I usually hit or whatever, and then they jacked the tea all the way to left and I'm like, oh man, this is.
Speaker 3: Like a different shot. Like I gotta, I gotta think about this now.
Speaker 2: Totally this is totally acceptable. Tea boxes come in all different shaped sizes and yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, weird tangent, weird tangibly fenders. Yeah, let's get back. Let's do a few more overrated underrated all right?
Speaker 2: Uh, what are you guys thinking about?
Speaker 3: To Ryder Copper one of a couple of big matches at the Ryder Cup and clarified you don't actually a couple of them. Uh man, I think so, I'm gonna say overrated. I think I've said underrated on everything you've ever asked this, but I'm gonna say it overrated. Also the swing that that swing that he hit into eighteen, he kind of literated.
Speaker 1: That looked like that's your last thing. That looked like my roast, my swing.
Speaker 3: That was the last thing you saw of him though. No, but I'm kind of maybe I've never quite bought it.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: I think he's underrated. I think he's a phenomenal talent. And I think he's uh the fact that he won the Puerto Rico Open last year.
Speaker 1: You love the Porto Rico big fan, Yeah, big fan.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll do uh, we'll do uh headido tiny harra. Is he getting overrated? He's in a featured group this week.
Speaker 3: M I don't know.
Speaker 1: Man. He was a giant killer at the match play. Is he getting over rated? Is overrated? Man?
Speaker 2: Great question, something that nobody has ever thought of.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna say he's not overrated at this point. I'm gonna say he's accurately rated. What about GPC Sagras way underrated.
Speaker 3: To be to be determined on the Toronto Carter Spectrum, not.
Speaker 1: Enough data in thirty five years, No, I mean I don't.
Speaker 3: I love to play it, what three or four, four or five times now, including junior days. I want to see all these new greens, Yeah, come in. I want to see how it plays during the tournament. They're gonna be really firms. They were way firm. I want to see how they come in and I like the changes that they made though. But there's some man holes out there, but there's some really awesome holes.
Speaker 1: So to be determined, the Back Night, like the Back Night has just got so good with the way they changed twelve, which I don't know. Hopefully twelve goes well is here and hopefully people like it. I think it's gonna be cool because it was kind of it was such a throwaway hole before. But I mean the back nine, like ten is kind of whatever. I think that's kind of me you, But eleven's an awesome part. Five, twelve is awesome, thirteen is awesome, thirteen, fourteen is awesome to watch someone else play. It sucks to play yourself so hard. Fifteen's kind of whatever. It's pretty but and then sixteen, seventeen, eighteen are all awesome.
Speaker 3: Like I think four is the best whole course.
Speaker 2: Agree, four is awesome, just DJ showing that he works for the tour. I've never heard awesome so many times.
Speaker 3: Next he's going to start trying to sell you on the dives, the dive valley course.
Speaker 1: Love the valley course. You have to go a little bit hole there. It's great or good. It is difficult. It's a penal colony out there.
Speaker 2: All right. Well, I think I think we're done here.
Speaker 3: You can't just tap out here, what do you thing?
Speaker 2: I haven't. I'm I'm holding out my opinion. I mean, I guess see it in person for the first time in two weeks, so I'm not gonna not gonna weigh in on what I what I think before.
Speaker 1: I see big, big summit coming up in front of EA your beach. You give me like a Manhatt project down there getting all those great minds together.
Speaker 3: My wife told me Freddie is not allowed to come unsupervised without her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, A lot, a lot of a lot of people are for those that don't know going down to the players, So there's gonna be a large Yeah, so he'll be Uh, it'll be interesting. I might have to, you know, rent a different house to keep my contrarian views and in order not get too wrapped up in the mainstream hype.
Speaker 3: That's smart thinking we're gonna set you up with Doug Ferguson. You guys are gonna reun a house down the street. Person lives here. It was neither a dad.
Speaker 2: I don't even I've never met him.
Speaker 1: Was he like? It's very smart, dude, good reporter, probably the best reporter out there. I think, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, what about Rory's wedding today?
Speaker 2: How about Rory.
Speaker 1: I know I was telling you guys, Sinstarilier. Rory is unabashedly my favorite athlete in all of sports. And I can't tell you how little it's crossed my mind, like what his wedding was like, and how selfish it was that he did a charity photos with us, Like what a creepy take to have. All of these people were like, you know, he owes us to the media like that is so it's the creepiest to like beat that, like desperate to see photos that are just going to get passed around, Like you've seen how many times they've used that one photo of those two on the back of the golf cart. Like if I say running back Roy and Eric, Still, what's the first photo the pups in your head, it's the same one of him in the suit from the rider coat. And you see what happens when they let that one photo it like, what's gonna happen when they.
Speaker 3: Let anything else do. What's gonna happen when that pole vault comes out to Sagress right, it follows Ricky. It's just people are gonna lose their mind.
Speaker 2: Golf Digest is gonna divert coverage from the final round and just straight over to the whole vaulter and being.
Speaker 3: I think I have digestive tracked issues.
Speaker 2: Well, things are just digressing. I think we're gonna have to call this one now.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, I think I think we covered it all any crooked, low low energy Andy.
Speaker 2: It's getting late. I still got the newsletter right, you're on Central time.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 2: You know, if anybody doesn't subscribe joined the Frida Egg newsletter, you'll get more higher energy and Andy more often.
Speaker 3: You get great headlines, so great headlines. You've been in the zone front.
Speaker 1: I gotta think about it.
Speaker 2: There are so many contenders for the last headline.
Speaker 1: We talked about the rules thing I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't click on anything like out of a matter of the philosophy today, like what was what was the rules stuff about?
Speaker 2: You know, like nothing bothers me more and is than golf rules and I've just tuned them all out. But it's something with visual evidence and I've got to write about it. But yeah, I've never I don't understand why everybody is up in arms about it, like and why everybody feels the need to weigh in an opinion, like it's like it affects like one percent of the tournament's played.
Speaker 1: Not gonna affect very many of our our rounds. I don't think viewers call a good speak that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Speak for yourself. We've got a USGA regular until I got in fine regulators alright, alright on that note, and.
Speaker 1: We having a song dude alright later alright, manh yeah,