Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't.
Speaker 2: Want to ask your question.
Speaker 1: Real good, Let's just keep it real straight shot with no chasing. So I'm gonna get a little bit rougher. I'm here for it. Those who really believed in the American process, all of us Street shot, no chase.
Speaker 3: With your girl, Tesslam, figure out on the Black Effect, podcasting at work, at work, straight shot, no chaser will tellest figure out Marcella's row here again tapping.
Speaker 1: Back, any of you guys.
Speaker 3: Always want to thank you for supporting me, for rocking with me, for nerding out with me, and caring enough about these issues that to be honest with you, it gets really frustrating because you're always trying to push through, you know, all of the commentary, all of the foolishness, all of the entertainment. And although politics has become entertaining, it's still you know, the boring stuff that people just don't find a lot of interest in. And so I just want to thank everybody, you know for rocking with me. I think people are getting more and more, you know, understanding of what is required, and it's funding ourselves. I was talking to Commissioner Hell this morning, and you know, we were talking about one thing about it.
Speaker 1: Once the Trump administration is over, people gonna respect.
Speaker 3: The work, you know, and people telling And what I mean by that is by the time he gets done dismantling this and taking this apart and putting this back to doing this and doing that, people are gonna be like, oh, that's what Tellson's talking about. Oh that's what sudden that I was talking about. And it's just kind of unfortunately maurselves. But people just gonna have to learn in real time. And this is not anti Trump and pro Democrat pro you know, I'm really there was a time. You know, I am all about giving Democrats a business.
Speaker 1: I really am.
Speaker 3: Anybody that follows me know, but I'm also objective and honest and telling you what it is calling a thing a thing, and so so much has been tribalized, you know when it comes to politics that anything you owe you must be Democrats shield Oh you must be. Have your issues with the Democrat Party, have them, feel free to have them. But when we talk about individual things, individual policies, individual you know, nothing that happen to do with who like Trump and who is who that have the issues that you don't if the issues that you think Democrat parties spend too much time on, which is the same thing I keep hearing from my conservative friends. LGBT immigrants. That's only two things y'all talk about. Okay, fine, I get it. But when it comes to healthcare, anybody that's sitting up here telling you don't worry about it, y'all, we gonna be Okay, I really want to know what we are they talking about, and that's what we're going to talk about on today's show because I'm going to continue to keep talking about this over and over and over all the way up until twenty thirty before y'all forget, because then about ten by then you guys forget. So first I want to do just a couple of little church announcements. Want to remind everybody the class of course two of course five five courses in the Push the Line program.
Speaker 1: Of Course two is January nineteenth. January. Now you know I'm sitting for talking sounded like what's the name July nineteenth, which is is that two weeks or a week from now?
Speaker 3: Okay, keep me on board. Marcella. Shit, I'm all high, y'all. I'm sorry, I just had my mind is just literally just all over the place. So two weeks two to five Eastern time, and we're going to cover building coalitions in traditional and non traditional.
Speaker 1: Coalitions.
Speaker 3: What it's many is it's kind of what you see Marcello's with happening with the NYC mayor, you know, the socialists, and how he was able to go get these other groups and galvanize it. And I love a good shakeup. I'm be quite honest with you. I love a good shakeup, whether you are socialist or not. I love it when people think that everything's going fine and the system is going and somebody come in and say, oh, you know what, we're gonna do something different. Saw a lot of articles on that today saying that it's a good message or you know, it's a good thing to shake things up.
Speaker 1: But he's the wrong messenger.
Speaker 3: Well, if you don't like it, a Democrat party, get out there and do something better, because it looks like people are aligning themselves with his message, which is people are sick of struggling.
Speaker 1: Period.
Speaker 3: Call it socialists, call ever you wanna call it. People are tired of struggling. Marcellus And I look at these rich folks who do well, these content creators and they say things like, you know, get you and shout out to Rege smile.
Speaker 1: I know he mean anything by it.
Speaker 3: But when I heard Miss Morning saying, you know, try to get you a dual citizenship. Can't nobody get no due where who getting a dual citizenship? You don't have three, four or five hundred thousand dollars to go. I want people to really know, like what that means, you know, one to go through the process get the dual citizenship, then to go to Africa. What jobs are you thinking's gonna be available to you? The only jobs that are available are service jobs. Now, if you got money and you can go over there and pay some roads and you know, get into engineering, construction, all of that you can do. Well, if you have money that you can go do something work for over there and be virtual, you know, making your money from anywhere. We got a friend ins of the turn that does her depositions online, do everything online. She flies back to the States when she got to go to court, and she's doing just fine. But for the average person that needs to go get a job, you know at the local store or supermarket or whatever, that ain't happening over there. Marcella's those countries are still very much under development. So when people saying I'm just mold to Ghana and I'm just gonna don't get twisted and confused on the tourists side of Ghana versus is where your ass gonna.
Speaker 1: Be living it? And if people there talk about it, don't even own their own their homes, don't even own the generator. Here in America, in the Land of the Free and the Home of the brave, Allegedly R W went over here, So what makes you think you just go over there?
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's what people need to coach, just to tell themselves the reality it is.
Speaker 1: Marcellus. We are here in America and we're gonna have to figure it out here in America. That's it. We're all gonna have to do our part to figure it out.
Speaker 3: Shut out to the I don't know if you saw it, but shut out to the Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: You've been seeing the waste of sanitizers that said the sanitation workers and say, y'all get somebody else to do it. No, you love it. They got trash for days. They said, you don't hey, meet us, I pay raise. Hold this trash because we're gonna hold the line.
Speaker 3: M That is how you forced let's just use that analogy. That is how you force people to be involved. If you got to come outside. Now, what the unfortunate part is if you walk outside your outside your door, and you visualize all the things you can get involved with in the local level. You got trash all over your house, all in your yard, all up the street, all around the corner. But you're so busy talking about what they doing that you ain't looking at the trash in your own front yard. So people should really visualize what that looks like. Look at Philly, all of that trash. Now, people are getting pissed off. They tell the mayor, Hey, you need to do something bout this, you need to get in racked. Well, when they ask for the rage, y'all don't want to hear it. Yep, So don't worry aboudy.
Speaker 1: Y'all can take y'all trash out.
Speaker 3: Y'all don't respect us, go pick it up and go take it uh to the to the dump field, because you can't take it up the street to the other trash being because guess what, they ain't picking that up either.
Speaker 1: So I'm loving it.
Speaker 3: This is the type of people power that yeah, where people can assaulted, said Marcella's love this. This is take the power that makes a difference and how you can make a difference. But tween you know the government saying no, we're gonna do something different, and then them aside, no, we're gonna go ahead and hold the line, right, sanitation workers, that's probably the best thing you can do because getting them to walk off, everybody gonna feel it.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 1: Everybody won't. You're gonna smell it. All of that. You gonna see every time you walk outside this door. You're gonna know, yeah, we see it.
Speaker 2: People looking down on them, but you see, but those are the people that you really need.
Speaker 1: Those the ones you need. That's right.
Speaker 3: Shout up to my uncle Daniel Reist in peace twenty five years. He's a sanitation worker, took care of his family, left his wife doing well, owned everything he had, took care of his family.
Speaker 1: So you look down him if you want to.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day, yeah, you're gonna respect them, or you can just go take their trash ash yourself.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: I love also that, uh don't call me white girl podcast mowner. She got involved in the conversation. I love how you know, she could just be talkalking about comedy, but she chose to you know, to spend some time to talk about that as well.
Speaker 1: Much bigger platform than mine.
Speaker 3: But that's what I mean, Marcel's when I say, we still need to get people involved, you know, like entertainers rap. I'll take whoever willing to talk about it. All I ask is partner with somebody every now and then that could do a little more service to your listeners and provide them with a little bit more information.
Speaker 1: That's all I ask. That's all I ask. So shut out to her.
Speaker 3: I done posted her like two three times that I'm just so proud that she just you know, using her platform to and not only just she's.
Speaker 1: Not just making a joke.
Speaker 3: This was really good because she's making a joke about it, she's being funny about it, but also saying we support the union and a call to action. And that's what take classes about. How do you build your non traditional coalitions. The traditional coalitions are fine, church, you know, organizations you're a part of, friends, family, whatever, But then it's the non traditional coalitions that really make the difference. So make sure you sign up for their class. There's course materials already available. I don't have a lot of course materials for this one because we're gonna talk through this, but there is a template available for you now to go ahead and start mapping out your coalitions. Now, let's go ahead and call on Marcella's in the class, because y'all.
Speaker 1: Should be all by that. Let's ask Marceillis as Marcella's down't load and don't.
Speaker 3: Like as you know, I'm gonna check and look right now and download as Marcella's downloaded, uh, his course materials and start mapping out.
Speaker 1: Don't try to do it while we're doing it. Now, I keep your hands over the movie this is and you don't take an opportunity to view the course materials and start.
Speaker 2: Mapping ap the coalition.
Speaker 1: Yes, well you have Marcelfa and you now you know you lie?
Speaker 2: No, look go look and see you see.
Speaker 1: I don't believe you go see in real time due to your to have this you know showed, I don't believe it.
Speaker 3: So why aren't we talking about what's a couple of them? Are one or two that you've been able to identify as you know your try you know, if you needed to say, hey, I want everybody in the city to wear purple shirts. Give me a couple that you've identified as your tribe. Because as if anybody that's been following the class had a conversation yesterday on the dashboard, everybody got to access lifetime access to the dashboard, and I'm going to always point back to what you need to do.
Speaker 1: So my coalitions may be different than yours.
Speaker 3: So what is one that you that you think, even if you've never organized it or do anything besides the union, that's your traditional ones, your union and your church, your organizations, that's easy.
Speaker 1: What is it have you thought about?
Speaker 3: What is a non traditional coalition that you think, hey, that might be an interesting group to try to organize.
Speaker 1: That's how we know you ain't dead.
Speaker 2: The sheet I did look at see I don't know. I don't remember what I put though.
Speaker 1: But just what's top of mind we were working in nowuse.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, because if you say that's a traditional one, but you know, I'm always gonna be union, union, that's gonna always come to mind first.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what I want to encourage you to do is, okay, union union, Union, that's your traditional So what I would say, is we want to expand that because the union, you know, they pretty much make make decisions as a collective group. You want to expand that and see what type of I would say subgroups. It's not you know, that's the word, kind of like you got a topic and then you got subtopics. What kind of groups can even be formed within the union. So, for example, if you are part of I'm just making it up Union thirty three, within that group, there might be several coalitions that you can create on your own.
Speaker 1: The black the black.
Speaker 3: People, you know side of it. Maybe it's the people who all wear purple shirts. Maybe it's the ones that all live on the east side, all live on the west side. I want you to still be and look for how to even take the traditional groups and even create coalitions inside of that. Does that make sense? So let's use the church for an example. The church, old school church, my new school church, old school church. Everybody's a member of paradise about the church, let me ask you what groups could I organize within the church. Do I just say this is just the church? Or what groups can I organize within the church? Give me a couple.
Speaker 2: Examples within the church. M hm oh oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: So long now, that's that's what the rhythm. More to the story is, man say, don't know nothing about church structure, y'all, but just when you grew up, let's just think about it.
Speaker 1: Push through the think about it. There's a church. What groups are in the church?
Speaker 2: What the deacons the.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, try to push through it. The deacons, that's a group, the ushers, maybe the faith based ministry, the youth choir. My point is the.
Speaker 3: Church can have three hundred members, but within that three hundred members, there are also many groups that have commonalities.
Speaker 1: You know, something that they you know, the youth choir.
Speaker 3: The youth choir is going to be ten to eighteen. They have a different if we use and remind me, I got to make sure I use this in the class.
Speaker 1: This is good stuff.
Speaker 3: But if you just take a church, so you got your traditional hocking, we make those subgroups and then we have some non traditional stuff that we'll talk about as well. But I also want people to break down those traditional groups. So if I were to have a church and I say let's go organize a church, don't you think that the youth choir would have different goals, different agendas, different things that they want to see compared to the woman's ministry.
Speaker 1: Correct, Okay, So.
Speaker 3: In politics, if I'm creating policy and I'm creating, you know, something for one group, which is that's why we have a lot of the problems, by the way, on the federal level, because the average person in Congress is seventy eighty years old. So they're not taking into account with fifty year olds, forty year olds, thirty year olds.
Speaker 1: Twenty year old you know what, They're not bringing that voice to the table.
Speaker 3: So when you have age gender, and it may not even be just age a gender, it may just be different ideologies, different thoughts, different The women ministry could be eighteen to seventy, but women have a different agenda than the men's ministry. So although everybody is a member of the church, you still want to take those opportunities to galvanize within those groups. And a lot of people go missing with that. They just think, let me just get the church on board. And that church on board may be everybody over forty, but you forgot to tap into the young people in that church to give them a reason, you know, besides your souls to the polls. To give them a reason to talk their language. That's why you have a youth pastor. You know a lot of the larger churches have to have youth pastors. Now they don't have the youth going to listen to the senior pastor because they ain't lived enough to but here to understand what he's saying.
Speaker 1: You follow what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So coalition building is about finding and they don't always have to be aligned with you. You know, I talk about that with you all the time. You can still organize people that have a different opinion of you. They have a different thought than you, matter of fact, that's who you should be organized. Those are the people at the table.
Speaker 1: Everybody at the union believes we need a union to be our voice, but everybody don't think the same. That's why it's the union. And we get that.
Speaker 3: Black people really get that wrong because we think unity means thinking the same.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Unity means we're all coming together. Sometimes we agree, sometimes we don't. Our union is the ability to come together to do the work, if that makes sense. Not we need to unify everybody. No family all agrees what you want tonight, pizza, hamburgers, Chinese. There's always going to be a give and take, even in a family three or four, in a relationship with two people a give and take. So make sure you guys come to the class. That's the type of training that you get.
Speaker 1: Guys. You gotta figure out how to organize on the local level. Leaders are not gonna come do it.
Speaker 3: Everybody's talking about the you know, the national, national, national. You gotta spend some time, you know, talking about the local. I was looking at a post today that I just shared where they was talking about how crime went down by two black mayors, one in Birmingham and then also on Baltimore, and people saying, old the news ain't talking about it right, because all y'all like talk about is national.
Speaker 1: Y'all't like talking about local.
Speaker 3: Local is the most important thing that will affect your life as far as jobs, housing, transportation, school, all of that. Guys, we have to get on board on the local and state level. I am basically telling you shelter, bunker down, find.
Speaker 1: What you need to board your windows up, to do to whatever materials you need, the water, all of that. That is what local government is to you find what you need to survive the federal storm.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna keep paaring this for me over and over and over. And it's not just coming from no podcast talk. I'm giving you the steps one, two, three, four, five. This is how you do it. So I hope to see y'all in the class. Use the pupon cold. Let's go to take ten dollars off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, question, I'm gonna ask you, Yeah, in your opinion or facts or however you want to put why you think people are not attracted to the local like how they are with the.
Speaker 3: National Why are they not attracted to it as Yeah, Well, it's not saying it's not the masses are not talking about it. So if I have a radio show like the Breakfast Club that's talking to you, you s to help me to the front page news.
Speaker 1: If I'm talking to.
Speaker 3: Eight million people who's driving in the car, I'm gonna talk about things that are nationalized, even though it's still talking about an individual city, you know, obviously because something has happened in the city or the state. But anytime you're talking about the media, especial national media, they're talking to a national audience. And that's what happened with these congress people, and they start talking to a national audience like jazz and Crockett was talking to a national audience, going around raising six million dollars for the Democrats, doing this, doing that, and then after they said that's okay, we don't want to put you on the leadership and it's like, okay, well, I'll just go focus on dubtas. So national is more attractive. It's provocative. It's what gets the people going. Trump is constant entertainment, you know, It's just it's what gets.
Speaker 1: All the hype. Local is boring.
Speaker 3: Now in your local city, it can get down like you get in the niche of things like you see, you know with Reginia Hill oh Man. Local is the best, that's the messy, is the funniest, the you know, but nobody only people care about it that live there, which makes sense.
Speaker 1: That's the whole point. So it doesn't this is not My goal is not about what we need to be talking about in the media. My goal is about how to get you involved. That's what it's about. It's not about who's gonna get the headlines. It's not about the clicks and the views. In fact, Facebook, because the best place to give you really on local, you know, because that's friends of friends of friends of friends, opposed to Instagram and you know Twitter and all of that.
Speaker 3: Right, So it's about the local level nowhereas you gonna see exactly what it looked like. As soon as I get back to Orlando at the end of the month.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get busy and I will be bringing it to the national level. Whoa time will be had.
Speaker 3: And they know it because I'm a defile. Moved right back in my district too. Oh yeah, D five baby.
Speaker 1: DeFi day every day, so you better get ready. It's like we like a gang then, but D.
Speaker 2: Five, Oh, that's what they call it. Defied.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that paramo.
Speaker 3: Includes Paramore but also includes all of Downtown and includes the Central Business District. So even though it included the Hood and also include all of downtown.
Speaker 2: Is District five? Is it? Is it pretty big? And District five?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I mean it's big of what you would say, like with a city I think of British voters might be six seven hundred thousand, but again all of them don't vote, maybe ten to twenty thousand, you know, actually vote. So it's Orlando is a small city, just so you know, it's so it's six districts that break up Atlanta, I mean a break break up Atlanta, and then the county, which you know, the city is inside of the county. And then we also have County Commissioner six that oversee that. So you have the city commissioner, the county commissioner. We have mayor for both city and county. I've worked on races on both of them, and so that's that's how it works. So Commissioner Hill D five, that's you know, where I did the most work as far as campaigns are concerned. So I've worked on D five, I worked on D six, District six on the county level commissioner former commissioner Timney Moore Russell, who's now Clerk of Courts.
Speaker 1: She's running for mayor next year, so that's gonna be big fun, big big fun.
Speaker 3: She's running to be the first black woman mayor of Orange County. Jerry Demmons is turned out Bestval Demis, who former congress from valdmis husband, so she's going for that seat. So Tiffany has been County commissioner clerical courts and now the next natural thing, you know, will be to be mayor.
Speaker 1: So I'm hoping that works out.
Speaker 2: For that's gonna be good. And to both of y'all are veterans.
Speaker 3: To you and Regina, we vet as a different type of veteran. We're looking forward to it. All administration, the time will be had.
Speaker 1: You can best believe that because I got a right to say something. Now, ain't this ain't no more virtual? Yeah, this ain't. I ain't got nothing to do. I'm right up the street. I'll be up every Tuesday I need to be. And I mean, let's see Atlanta. I said it, but I still, like I told you, you don't just come in the city, you know, popping your ship.
Speaker 3: You need to see what's what and you know, can't get caught up like somebody like, hey, come help us run against Andre.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, sis, you're not kidding me calling my ship. I don't know. I'm watching. You know, I'm in the observed post. You know what I mean. I don't know who one are we telling you? Hey, you ain't telling me ship. I'm not getting called it. I'm not making an enemy. That's a rule. You guys. You know gotta know know the layer of land. You don't just pop up a lot of news and pop up and get the talk and get your ass ran out of town. That ain't how it going in Orlando. She's bad. I got there, I know, I know.
Speaker 3: Them city, and I have contributed to the city. Now I'm gonna sit back a little bit and just kind of wait, you know, you know, just get a good little you know, put my.
Speaker 1: Little toe in. But it's definitely like Atlanta. I gotta wait, you know, a couple of years, you know, before I can just really get down.
Speaker 2: So what so why you why you believe in that? Why are you believe and you can't just come to a.
Speaker 1: City and when you put you don't believe in it because you believe in crashing out.
Speaker 3: So you, being as king of crash out Caucus, raise your hand with all the bright ideas over the job the first day of telling me, I got an idea of why they're doing this and doing that.
Speaker 1: So you king of crash outs. So this is how you don't crash out.
Speaker 2: You don't know, I said, I said, I said, you know, poster, but it ain't gonna be too.
Speaker 1: Low you do what? Yeah, I know that's your problem. That's why I ain't taking to you. It ain't making sense to him, y'all. But myself day five talking about well, I noticed y'all did you ain't did it? I never get that. I worry.
Speaker 3: My first sales job it was Sabis Baille Mobile, which is a T and T now, and I was like, Marcella's you know young. I was younger than you, but I had my little blue suit on, and you you know, I had my little first outside sales job.
Speaker 1: You know. I got to tell from ourselves love story yep. One from point a time Marsellers. I had my little blue I was small then, so had my little blue suit on, probably about an eight or something. And when a matter of fact, I bought the suit I'll never get bought the suit from Partique Sophisticated. I don't think partic.
Speaker 3: Sophisticated still in business, but used to be a story called patique sophisticated. And it was the first time that I had a real suit, you know. And I was like, wow, I'm on outside seal and I'll give you the backstory with that just quickly. When I moved to Dallas, I didn't have nothing, I didn't had no place to stay. I was, you know, going from house to house basically in my car. And I was working temporary at Southwestern Bell Wireless, you know, answer from the phone, and I would see the outside salespeople pull up and these Mercedes and all that.
Speaker 1: I'm like, wow, I think I can do that. That'd be cool to do. You know.
Speaker 3: I've never seen anything like that. And I thought I was pretty good. I thought I had a mouthpiece. I didn't apply for the job at that particular time. Long story short, ended up getting a job at Geico. But I always said, wow, they make a lot of money, because back then, like when she said she made forty thousand a year, prety thousand a year, I was like, wow, you know that was a lot for me being twenty one, twenty two, you know at that time.
Speaker 1: So I went in.
Speaker 3: And got a job at Geico Insurance and we had to sell insurance in fifteen minutes, like when they say that fifteen minute quote. And I got somebody on the phone that worked in southwardson Belle and he worked outside sales, and I was like, wow, that was a job I always wanted.
Speaker 1: I always kind of.
Speaker 3: Saying, he was like, you should go apply, give them my name and whatever. Just somebody I was selling insurance soup.
Speaker 1: So I did. I got the job.
Speaker 3: They didn't they put me in event outside sales, which means you know, well you two young might I remember, like back in the day when in Okia fifty one twenty came out, we sold phones at you know, concerts, festivals.
Speaker 1: You know, different things like that.
Speaker 3: So back then when the cell phone really got popping, we sold them everywhere. It wasn't like going into now ordering the phone and all that. It was, you know, we.
Speaker 1: Out there activating them, selling, running people's credit, you know, doing all that. So I got the job. I remember getting my little Sue had it all going on. I thought I was going to impress.
Speaker 3: It was all the outside salespeople in a you know, company, little meeting or whatever. And I can't remember what bright idea I had, but it was I thought it was pretty daln bright.
Speaker 1: You know, it was a birthday. I showed up or raised my little black AS's hand and.
Speaker 3: Like odd, I was like, well don't you think we should have da da da da da? And I remember it's like, oh, that's a great idea. And they kind of you know, patronized me whatever. But at the end, Thomas Munyols was my supervisor and never forget pulled me to the side Dallas really made me like, I'm not from Dallas, but that's where my two places made me.
Speaker 1: Dallas in Orlando. Dallas made me in business. Orlando made me.
Speaker 3: I was all ready business mind, but I got my business popping in Ortlanta.
Speaker 1: But really that's from my political roof's got developed. But Thomas Munyels pulled me to the side.
Speaker 3: He said, you ain't tell to don't don't speak till you sell something until.
Speaker 1: You get asked. In the door, you don't have no opinion. Pipe it down. Now. See the women the union, they say union union, Come get them the union. Sales don't work like that. In the door, you shut your ass up. We don't want to say about nothing. The quickest way for you to get put out.
Speaker 3: So I learned that lesson and I ever since then, and I you know now that I'm thinking about it in real time. That's a part of not all of but a part of, you know, my theory on where the receipts.
Speaker 1: You know, listen to all this theory.
Speaker 3: And all this what we need to be and how we need Where are the receipts? Can't go in a no courtroom without the evidence. Now you can go up there and talk to the judge and plead to the judge and talk all day long, end of the day.
Speaker 1: Show me the evidence. Where's the evidence? No evidence? Don't nobody want to hear it. So I just believe in the fundamental principle of evidence.
Speaker 3: And if you have a great idea and none of your ideas work, and you can't show me how nothing worked, but yet you got all the ideas, I can't listen to you. And that's why I'll let each you because there's too many. It's full ideas, but not enough receipts. Nobody gonna hear, they think, because as long as it sound good, you know, Oh it's sound good, So I'm gonna follow that.
Speaker 1: Oh that look good. Oh man, wow, he looked good. He got the music in the background, it's the music real slow and you know, put on inspiration. Okay, but show me how are y'all listening to people with financial advice without a series six or a series seven or any type of financial y'all just listening to anybody. And that's where we are. So with that said, like I said at the beginning of this podcast, it's gonna all make sense in time, guys.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, people gonna have to see in real time. I don't wanna talk about Medicaid before we get out of here. On July third or fourth, the big beautiful bill guys has gutted Medicaid. And I know they gonna tell y'all, al, it's only for the able body, all this, for this, only for that. Well, we just gonna see in time what it looked like. Marcel's bottom line is people are gonna be hurting. And if anybody give a damn about black people, you should be concerned about this. Even if you're not on Medicaid, you should be concerned about this. This is a real issue. People with disabilities, elderly, cut children, how many children are on Medicaid, all of the programs that tie into Medicaid that pay you know, that covers things that people just don't have no clue.
Speaker 1: I am really, really, really concerned.
Speaker 3: It's gonna go down to the States to determine who gets what.
Speaker 1: So I'm telling people you need to be in line. Now.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna keep stressing that over and over and over, keep stressing that over and over and over. Do not get caught up on this. Oh, they just saying you just need to be able body. That's not how it works. We're gonna continue to unpack this. We're gonna continue to keep talking about this myselves. This is gonna be something I'm very very passionate about. I'm passionate about health care. I'm passionate about criminal justice. From those two things that are most important to me. So I will be talking about this a lot, guys. We don't have to spend all day with it, but just know that if you rock them with me, I'll be talking about it now.
Speaker 1: If y'all don't give a damn about.
Speaker 3: Mister Earle, just say it. If you all cary about miss Earle, just say it. But for those of us to give a shit about mister Earl and care about supplies that they need, you know, SPUs sing me an accidental text today, but he was talking about how he didn't get his supplies, and I automatically think about, you know, like he needs his supplies every week. This is non negotiable medicine and supplies being parallels. Y'all do realize they need supplies like to function, to use the restroom, to do all that Catholic like, they need supplies. These are the things that's coming so if he don't have supplies, how's he gonna.
Speaker 1: Use the restroom? Like, seriously, that is that important?
Speaker 3: Marcella's well, if you're not flushing yourself out as a pair, And I don't wanna grow somebody out, but I just want y'all know how real this is. If you're not flushing out your bladder life you're supposed to on time, because you don't have enough catheters, you get a u UTI infection. We've almost lost Fud a couple times behind getting septic behind those infections because they can't tell what's going on with their body. Then by the time they know the body passing out, you you know, you don't know what's going on because the infection literally takes over your body. My mom became septic once when she was on cancer, you know, when she was on her cancer uh treatment. You can have a simple infection and if your body can't probably you know, fight it off, you become septic. We've had to call uh not on one several times on him behind that because you sitting up chilling, all of a sudden you passed out because you're so sick, you don't even know, you know, like by the time he starts to feel issues like in his bag or something like that, it's already gone too far.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Right now, you and I have a bladder infection. You can feel it. The paralyze can't feel it.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So it's those kind of things that we're talking about. So you think I'm fit to let them shot of shame me in the top of my medicaid.
Speaker 1: No, not gonna happen. We got real work to do. Guys.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you always say, the Lord got something for me, and maybe this is it. I don't know because when it comes in to his healthcare, I'm dead asked about this, like we however he want to use me to be whatever whatever, because I just can't let this one go. I don't know if it's gonna be from the policy side, from law school, from the ore to side, the podcast ever it is, but I'm telling you it is in my soul, in my spirit, and I just can't let this one go. So guys, make sure y'all pay attention to what is happening. It's a lot two point six million people with disabilities. Hospitals are going to be closed, Rural hospitals are going to be closed. It's a mess. It's a mess. It's a mess. So uh and you know this was all about stopping Obamacare. When Obamacare, when they won that, they Republican looking for a way to you know, pull that back for a minute. So this is this is under And I don't give a shit if you like Obama or not. And I don't care if you like Democrats or not. I'm talking about our senior citizens, our elders are most vulnerable in our community.
Speaker 1: Really, Americans have free health care like Canada. That's all all of this.
Speaker 3: So if you if you're putting your issues with the Democrat Party over this over mister Earl and miss Betty and all of it, we ain't the same because you can't set aside your own person or whatever it is. I'm talking about this policy, this policy everybody should be behind y. Yeah, so guys, make sure you stay tapped in check in with us next time.
Speaker 1: Straight Shot No Chaser, y'all.
Speaker 2: Peace.
Speaker 1: Peace.
Speaker 3: If you like what you heard on straight Shot No Chaser, please subscribe and drop a five star review and tell a friend. Straight Shot No Chaser is a production of the Black Effect podcast network in iHeartRadio Ontilm figure out, and I like to thank our producer editor mixer Dwayne Cruffer and our executive producer Charlotta Magne to God. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.