Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today.
Speaker 4: I'm Nathan Hager, joined by Bloomberg's Valerie Titel with retail earnings in focus. Valerie, we are watching earnings from Macy's across the Bloomberg terminal as we speak.
Speaker 1: Yes, we are, and they are positive that Macy's stock is up six percent just after these earnings have been released. The details in this release is that the third quarter total revenue beat estimates, coming in at four point nine to one billion. The estimate was for four point seven to five They're also adjusted EPs came in better than expected. They had been expecting a loss of fourteen cents to share. Wall Street had been expecting a loss of fourteen cents to share. The loss was only nine cents. This is looking really good for Macy's. The stock is up six percent. Remember that previously when they reported, they did raise their full year guidance in the last quarter, but they did warn of tariff uncertainty and more uncertainty in the economy yet to come, but it does look like Macy's stock is flying off the shelves this morning as their third quarter adjusted total revenue came in better than expected.
Speaker 4: And these Macy's earnings are coming hot off the heels of dollar Tree results. Have investors decided how they feel about what Dollar Tree reported this morning?
Speaker 1: Well, the stock originally sank three percent, but it's in the green now dollar Tree is up two percent, so been all over the place as investors have used have been absorbing this report. Shall I say that the sales when it came to net sales, they increased off the back of higher average ticket sales and that comes despite some weakness in foot traffic, So yes, there are some negatives to that and that they are attracting less customers, but it does seem the customers they are attracting or spending more money. So on the back of that, they did boost full year adjusted EPs their forecast for that and investors seem to like what they hear with a raise when it comes to their guidance for dollar Tree up two percent so far this morning.
Speaker 4: And investors really seem to like what they got after the close yesterday from American Eagle Outfitters.
Speaker 3: That stock is still jumping this morning.
Speaker 1: It is up fourteen percent in pre market trade, so adding to the after hours gains of yesterday, jumping after the company raised their full year sales guidance and reported a beat and net revenue, really pointing to a rapid recovery for this apparel company. The stock for American Eagle is up one hundred percent in the last six months, and this comes after a string of successful attention grabbing celebrity campaigns. Is really paying off the latest with Travis Kelcey and Sidney Sweeney.
Speaker 3: Ah yes, and Martha Stewart I think was on board as well.
Speaker 4: Marvel Technologies adding to the exuberant feel and the micro this morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's flip over to the AI trade. Marvel Technologies shares are up ten percent in pre market trade. Now. This is a chip maker that has benefited from the boom and infrastructure. They make chips for the infrastructure AI infrastructure, and the CEO was rather upbeat when it comes to a revenue's climbing twenty five percent over the next fiscal year when it comes to data center revenue and mentioned that their custom chip design unit is winning repeat orders from their largest customers. They also announced an acquisition which I think just shows for investors their confidence that they're able to push into AI infrastructure with this recent acquisition. So Marvel Technology is up ten percent.
Speaker 3: And finally Valerie a new overweight for Oracle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got to keep abreast of these tech giants. There is a new overweight at Wells Fargo for Oracle and the shares are up two percent in pre market trade off the back of this. The analyst writing the Oracle is in pole position due to its key accounts relationships which with open Ai to really take some market share in the cloud business, which they see Oracle could reach about sixteen percent of the total cloud market by twenty twenty nine. Now these I guess this overweight by Wills Fargo does come as Oracles five year CDs hit the highest in two thousand and nine, so there are some lingering worries over the amount of debt Oracles going to have to take on to fund their cloud ambitions.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.