Speaker 1: Welcome to Bill and Juliana the Podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey everyone, welcome to the Bill and Juliana Podcast. What a week it's been, Hubbell.
Speaker 1: Been amazing lot of press clippings.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of breaking news. Okay, So here's the deal. While we were on vacation last week we do my phone was blowing up, like suddenly, it just started blowing up with emails and texts from my agent, from an old publicist so I don't even work with anymore, getting requests from People Magazine, Entertainment Weekly in page six, and all these other outlets all wanting me to comment on something in particular, and I was like, what is going on? Like, nothing exciting is happening, is it? Well? Yes, actually, so they all wanted me to comment on my ex boyfriend's recent podcast appearance. So my ex boyfriend, being an actor named Jerry O'Connell, well he's a TV host now followed in my footsteps. So we dated back in three two thousand and three, and Jerry went on a podcast and he said he couldn't recall the exact words he used when he broke up with me via an intercom. Okay, and did it really happen over an intercom that's to be discussed. So he shared his side of the story, and I have no problem sharing my side of the story and very very open. So first before I do that, though, let me say something nice about Jerry. I do love that Jerry is an open book, even if his memory is a little fuzzy. Okay. And the entire podcast that we're doing today is coming from a nice place. It's coming from a place of love.
Speaker 3: Okay. Oh, Hi, like.
Speaker 1: Jerry, excuse me, it's always been very nice to me.
Speaker 2: We did invite Jerry to join us, Okay. Our iHeart producing team did reach out to him, and Jerry, you should know you do have an open invitation to join us here on the podcast anytime. He did not take us up on the invitation. Unless he's suddenly calling in and it's.
Speaker 1: Going to be surprised, it wouldn't surprise me.
Speaker 2: Yes, but listen, at the end of the day, I truly believe everything happens for a reason. We are both happily married now, we both have great families, and we are both exactly where we're meant to be. However, his memory is a little fuzzy, and we're going to unfuzz it today. So let's start from the very beginning.
Speaker 4: We're going to unfuzz a thank Jerry because he actually introduced me and Juliana.
Speaker 2: True story, and I forgot this story.
Speaker 1: So am I allowed to tell this?
Speaker 2: Of course, you are tell whatever you want.
Speaker 1: So I was.
Speaker 4: I just won the Apprentice. It was like the second season of The Apprentice. I'd become a judge on the show. We were at an event called Upfronts at NBC. It's where they introduced the new seasons of all these shows. And Donald Trump and I were doing a meet and greet at NBC Tower thirty Rock, and this guy came up to me and he starts chatting, chatting me up and we're talking looking for like twenty minutes, and at the end of the conversation, he said, you know, I would introduce you to my girlfriend, but I'm afraid the two of you would run off together.
Speaker 1: True story.
Speaker 2: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 1: And then she's like, stop, Jerry, I'm Juliana, nice to meet you. We watched the show. Blah blah blah. We just know. And that was the first time I met Juliana to Pandy.
Speaker 2: Isn't that so crazy? So it's a it is a very like little known story. So Jerry and I were dating and I was watching The Apprentice with my best friend Colette, who is also here. Hi, Coco, Hi, let's introduce. I was going to say, so that's the thing. We want to have fun today. So of course, like my friends, had a lot of questions when this came out, because it surprised a lot of people. It surprised me, and it surprised all my friends. And Bill, So Kate is joining us and a stage.
Speaker 1: She's in the Witness Protection program.
Speaker 2: Last no Kate Anna Stagia from Australia's introduce Shrimp on the Barbie Ava who we love Rianna narrated, So we're all here and Bill, this all happened so quickly, and then all my friends start texting me like everyone's like what is going on? Like wait what and what did he say? And I don't remember you ever telling that story? So I love that, like all of you guys. So many nine out of ten people here are very new to this story. Well not very new to it, but no like a lot of it. Some no, not so much of it. But Collette, who I've been friends with over twenty years, lived it with me. She was there, so like, Bill wasn't even there for this, because you know, when Jerry and I were dating, Bill wasn't my husband, thank god died, and so Coco with the communities that would be yes, but not our family. So Coco was there for the whole thing. And so she's going to have a very interesting perspective on all of it.
Speaker 1: Collat has a memory like a steel trip she does. It's incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so buckle up, buckle up, baby. But I just going back to your Apprentice stories. So, yeah, I was watching The Apprentice like most people. It was a huge show with Collette. Every week we were watching it. I was working on E News. I was just promoted to anchor of E News, and I was dating Jerry, and we were watching The Apprentice, and I was obsessed with the show. And I was rooting for Bill to win the show just because he was like a nice guy and I just liked him. I mean, yeah, I kind of know and just well, ooh okay, yeah, I guess I'm the bad one.
Speaker 5: Jerry.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm the bad one. I kind of knew. I loved Bill, so I literally was watching I loved watching Bill when she.
Speaker 1: Said, Jerry was fire.
Speaker 2: Jerry, Well, I was. You know what though? This was so when Apprentice was on, I think that Jerry and I were already kind of on the rocks a little bit. And so we were in New York and then all of a sudden worded an NBC party and his Bill said, Bill walked in, and I go, Jerry the Apprentice. No, no, Jerry looked at me and he goes, you're gonna die. I go what he goes, the apprentice just walked in. I go, what I go? Do not embarrass me, whatever you do, because he's like very like funny, embarrassing, And I was like, don't embarrass me, don't introduce me, Tom, don't embarrass me. Like, if you're gonna introduce me, be cool, like just be normal. And then when Bill came over, oh I.
Speaker 1: Didn't come over. Sorry, Sorry, we're waiting in an hour long line. Just be clear. Okay, it was kind of a big deal.
Speaker 2: Back, you're right, yes. So when he finally, like when we were finally near Bill, I said, okay, Jerry introduced me, but like, be cool. And then Jerry just turns his back to me and starts talking to Bill for like twenty minutes and like ignore it, you know, like like he forgot about me, and these two were having like a total like bro moment, blah blah blah, and I'm like, so then finally I go, I start coughing, and Jerry turns around. He looks at me. He looks at Bill, and he says, oh, I'm sorry. I'd introduce you to my girlfriend, but the two of you would run off together. That's what he said.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the story just told? Sorry?
Speaker 2: And then because it's such a good story, and then Bill goes, Bill like almost spit out his wine. Bill's like, oh my god, like like you know, that's odd for someone to say, and I go, you're so embarrassing, Jerry. I go, no, the reason he said that, Bill is because I'm a big fan and I watch it and it's just really nice to meet you. And then that was it. And then I met Bill a lot later after Jerry and I broke up, or I should say Jerry broke up with me. So that's where we are with that story. But anyway, so when this whole thing kind of came up, it was like so weird because I had to like go back and relive it. And I'm going to be very honest with you, guys. I've only seen.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: I was looking for the phone. I sent you the clip of him on the podcast watched Kelly, I love Kelly. I haven't even watched it, of course, Oh have you guys watched it? Can we can? We just listen to the no?
Speaker 7: What the I want to ask you about what your ex wrote about you?
Speaker 5: And so I dated a young lady whose initials are Juliana.
Speaker 1: Pretty funny.
Speaker 3: I gotta say we had a lot of fun together.
Speaker 7: Did she run by you?
Speaker 3: No? But but we did break up on We broke up poorly. It was poorly.
Speaker 5: Now listen in Juliana ran six defense of this memoir or whatever.
Speaker 3: I was a pretty terrible boyfriend. I was his hand up. I was not a good says that you cheated on her.
Speaker 5: Okay, I was expecting more of a laugh when I said I was a terrible boyfriend.
Speaker 3: You said it cheated on her? And I heard audible guests from here.
Speaker 5: Now I wish Gelman was here saying let's go to commercial.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wrap it up, wrap it up.
Speaker 7: Jerry Hallowell.
Speaker 5: Okay, that is those who don't know that is Gingers, beautiful young lady who I recently saw, who is me remarried, has a great family. I was a terrible boyfriend that Jerry halliwell too, so I apologize to her. Let me take this moment to apologize to Juliana Ransick. I'm not kidding for being a terrible boyfriend.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 3: I was the worst. I was the worst. I wasn't the worst boyfriend like I didn't like. I was just a bad boyfriend.
Speaker 7: When she caught you cheating, you had as much as emotion as the customer service representative who tells you you okay, your bags missed the flag.
Speaker 5: Okay, shout out to Juliana Ransick.
Speaker 3: That is a great line. Okay, that is a good line. That is very uh what do you call it in literary terms? Very colorful?
Speaker 5: Yes, Juliana Ransick said I broke up with her through an intercom.
Speaker 1: Yes, she said that.
Speaker 5: You said.
Speaker 7: This is very funny, because I don't in my mind, I cannot picture you saying this over an intercom or otherwise I'm going to do so yeah in quotes. Nope, sorry, homegirl, things change, but you take care.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm sweating now.
Speaker 3: This is like a trial. By the way, I feel like like a like a transcript that's just read to me in a court room.
Speaker 1: You know, here's the deal, and I will I've never so.
Speaker 5: Juliana Ransay claimed I broke up with her through an intercom in my building. I broke up with her through an intercom because Juliana Ransick came to my condominium.
Speaker 1: Yes, where I had.
Speaker 5: Julian Radsick came to my condominium and hit the intercom. I was not expecting Juliana Rasick to come to said condominium.
Speaker 8: Did you have come?
Speaker 6: Which I?
Speaker 3: Which? I? Which was the one was inside of my condominium? First? That someone was inside?
Speaker 2: Did not know there was someone inside, and I did not around.
Speaker 3: Sick wanted an entry into my condominium. Thank goodness, my boyfriend gate security. I mean, I paid a pretty heffy homeowner. Are these things cameras and everything? Yeah, it doesn't.
Speaker 5: Sound like something I would say, But again, I mean, if I was writing.
Speaker 3: A memoir, it made for a good quote.
Speaker 5: So you know what, I'm going to applaud Juliana for using colorful dialogue and everything and.
Speaker 3: Uh and not forgot your exes.
Speaker 4: We go around, especially with the younger generation, because and maybe they could ask some questions.
Speaker 1: So he wants to dig in.
Speaker 8: Jerry O'Connor. You know, how did you like Google that?
Speaker 3: Just now.
Speaker 1: O'Connell not O'Connor.
Speaker 2: And I still don't know who he is.
Speaker 1: He was in stand By Me. He was the.
Speaker 4: Okay, stand By Me was a classic movie back when we were kids, Kangaroo.
Speaker 2: Jack as I call it, kangaroo Jerry.
Speaker 4: So he was an actor and now he is in one of the chairs on the talk but he's films. Stand By Me was a classic. It was It was an epic movie. It was very successful commercially.
Speaker 2: Wait, do you know what I just read though? That I totally forgot he was in Jerry Maguire was Jerymire.
Speaker 4: He played the quarterback that cheated on the agent. He had an agent and then he decided to sign a deal with another agent when he was under.
Speaker 1: Fire. Tom Crue.
Speaker 4: You've never seen Jerry Maguire with Tom Cruise. Oh my gosh, it's a great movie about football.
Speaker 3: You complete me.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a great line.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna watch it tonight.
Speaker 2: He didn't say that line, but that was a great line from the movie, right. That was.
Speaker 1: A great life from the movie.
Speaker 4: Wait, did I have a pretty well no, now you're like a valley girl, I swear to god.
Speaker 2: God, Wait a second, Okay, so collect, let's go to collect Firsteconcus Collette was there during the whole thing. So, since we're fresh off of this clip, collect, you and I were probably together or we're on the phone when I went over to his house, because what happened was we were at that Maxim Park.
Speaker 1: So, okay, Max, do you want me to give you.
Speaker 2: Like the footnote version real quick of the.
Speaker 6: We should definitely give the cliff note.
Speaker 2: Or the cliff Notes version how you met Jerry? Oh my god. Okay, so we'll go back. Okay. So I was working at E and I had a weekend off because I was working all the time, and I had just been there like a couple of years at E and so I just been or maybe a few years I was and I became the anchor, so I was always really busy. But that weekend, I had the weekend off, and it was the super Bowl in San Diego, and I was supposed to go with friends, but then I'd canceled because I was like, no, I'm sure I have to work. Then I didn't have to work. So I'm like, I'm gonna get in my car and drive to San Diego and like see some friends there. So I go there, I'm at the w Hotel. I'm walking in to meet friends or like find where that party was. I was like a little confused trying to find this party, and all of a sudden, I hear a male voice say, oh, let me pull up the book. Yeah. I remembered the libe, but it was something like along the lines of, oh my gosh, like an angel has just walked in. I know, it's good, right Bill, And I go. I literally like looked around because there were so many celebrities that weekend, and so I'm like looking around. I'm like, who's that guy talking to? Like is there some actress by me? And I go and I literally look around left and right like a movie and I go and he goes, you, you're like an angel who just walked in? And I go me, and he goes yeah. And I recognized him immediately that he was this actor Jerry O'Connell, and I was like, oh, hi, you know, and he walks up to me, and literally that was it. Do you even know the story? Villain?
Speaker 1: I don't care to.
Speaker 2: Look over.
Speaker 1: I'm good, all right. No, I don't know what happened. I'm not going to tell everything.
Speaker 2: But bottom line is we like literally, I kid you, not like I'm not going to get into all the details because my husbands sitting here. But like when I tell you, for the next year and a half, except for the one breakup with Spice, Ginger Spice, we were together twenty four to seven, like every day, okay, every night, so sorry, honey, No, sorry, okay, every day, every day? Sorry Phil, We were together every well. I mean that's what you do when you have, like when you're in.
Speaker 1: A real relationship. I understand.
Speaker 2: The reason I'm saying this is because I think you could listen to his interview and think that maybe this was like just like a kind of like easy relationship. Oh I was dating a bunch of girls or something. It's like, no, it was a real relationship. You know. Everyone knew it, everyone at e everyone in Hollywood. We were photographed all the time on red carpets at a million events. And so I think that like all these years later, he's like downplaying it what the relationship was. And so the only reason I bring it up is because you know, I do remember, and we were together and then when he went to London to shoot a movie, we were literally like, you know, like everything was perfect, thing was totally fine. He goes to shoot a movie starring his co star is going to be Jerry halliwell, Spice Girl, and literally he's like so sad that I'm leaving London to go back to LA to work. And about a week later, I'm walking Bill, You're gonna die. A week later, I'm walking through the E newsroom over there. He's not even listening. Are you even listening to any of this? You want to go? Okay?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: So a week later, yeah, we're on air.
Speaker 2: So a week later, okay, Jerry goes to shoot a movie in London. I go back to work in LA like I was with him in London, getting him ready to shoot this movie whatever. I go back to LA and a week later, You're gonna die, Bill, getting ready to shoot what.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about this.
Speaker 2: So a week later, I'm walking through the newsroom and this guy comes up to me who actually worked for US Weekly at the time, and he was doing a segment for E and he goes hey, and he's like a big like gossipy and it was Kene Bigger. He's like a gossip columnist. And he comes up to me and he goes, hey, is everything okay with you and Jerry? And I don't know what. And I just immediately knows, like, oh my god, something is wrong here, Like I have good instincts like that. I was like, why is he asking it like that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: So to save face, I thought quickly on my feet and I go, oh, he's in London shooting a movie. And he goes, are you guys still dating? Like why would he ask me that? We were literally like connected at the heap forever? And I go, I don't know. We're figuring things out. He goes, oh, phew, So you are you trying to get a quote from you? No? He goes, look at this, okay, and he pulls out pictures of Jerry O'Connell and Jerry halliwell, walking out of a restaurant holding hands.
Speaker 8: But was he trying to get a quote for you for no?
Speaker 2: I think he was so shocked when he saw the pictures. First, they hadn't come out yet, and when he saw the pictures, he was so shocked that he kind of came up to me and approached me like, oh, like casually, are you guys still dating instead of like did you see these pictures? Yeah, because of course we're still dating, like there's no reason we're not dating. And he was like saying it kind of like, I think, softly, like approaching me, almost thinking like there's no way he would be out in public with the girl if they were like still dating. And it was so shocking. How long was it?
Speaker 1: How long was it since you left London getting ready? And then the photograph?
Speaker 9: Probably a week ish holding hands quick?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe maybe a week to two weeks. I don't know the exact date. Meredith Bill, what's going on over there? They're holding hands now? But I don't know the exact date, but it was within two weeks, I'd say, around a week or two. And so he shows me the pictures and I look at them and I go, oh yeah, and he walks away and I went into the I walked down the hall and I was literally, you guys, when I tell you, I it was like the most shocking moment of my life so far. And I walked into the voiceover booth, which is like a little insulated booth, and I just like fell to the ground crying hysterically like it was awful. Sorry, Bill, but I have to be honest, Like I'm just being honest because I think you know that's that's the truth, Bill. And it was so upsetting and it was so devastating, and so Collette. I'm gonna bring Collette in here, because that was the first big Jerry chakra was in London, right, Goko, Yeah.
Speaker 6: It was that. And I I mean for me personally, you know, because I love you so much in your my family and my sister. I got a little offended when he inferred that the relationship wasn't serious because I lived the whole relationship with you guys. You know, I was at dinner with you guys every night. We were doing karaoke, we were doing they were doing karaoke, singing endless love to each other till five in the morning, like literally every night. I would be he.
Speaker 2: Like the guys still.
Speaker 6: Three years, Jerry, I really genuinely kidding me. Look at You're like her life, your everything, and you.
Speaker 1: Know this is the replaced me.
Speaker 6: But for him to kind of imply that it wasn't serious, I mean he called me when they got when he came back and he was crying. He's like, cocoa, please tell her to take me back, Please tell her to take I mean he was he was in love with you after There's no two ways about it.
Speaker 2: So she took him, which is she took him so when when it was so devastating, So I would see pictures of them, like coming out of in and out of her house. I mean they were like a public couple in London.
Speaker 8: Did you talk to him after the pictures the first pictures came out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did, of course immediately, and I was like, are you kidding me right now? And he just you guys. I went from literally a year of like like ten like a plus plus plus plus ten ten ten, like not one little not one no no, like a year no no no, sorry, not like no. What I mean is okay, let me rephrase one little red flag, thank you.
Speaker 3: It a year.
Speaker 2: A year of literally, as Pete, literally not one red flag, literally, not one red flag. Every single pursue Metis was like he is so like in love with you, obsessed with you, like you know, it was like crazy. And then it went from all that to like all of a sudden, I call him and I'm so in shock, and he's like, and this is before AI, I would have thought they were fake I'm not kidding, seriously, would have thought they were fake pictures. And I was so in chuck, and he was like, yeah, I'm sorry, just yeah, sorry, one thing. I don't know. I don't know what to tell you, Like, yeah, I'm sorry, I screwed up. Like basically, have a nice life. Yeah, can you freaking believe that? He basically was just like, that's it, And so I was just left to like pick up the pieces of a year relationship that was like literally a perfect relationship for a year, Like there's no signs at all. Did you guys say, did you guys say I love you?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: My god? Long, I mean, yes, great question.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the so a.
Speaker 4: There's an old saying, you know, screw me once, shame on you screw me twice, no pun intended, shame on me.
Speaker 1: Why did you take him back?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: He that was just once, right, I mean, so, I mean, wait, you met the second time. I thought you had the second time?
Speaker 1: No, Bill, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: I thought you meant the second time.
Speaker 6: Like the first time though. He was so in love with her though this is the thing that It was like incomprehensible for the people around her at the time, like me, I was like, okay, well maybe you should give him another chance, forgive him, to forgive him.
Speaker 1: She took him back more than once.
Speaker 2: No, so just that time, it only happened once, when this happened in London. Then all of a sudden, so they're hot and heavy. It's totally over between he and I. We don't haven't spoken at all, Like it's completely over. He's moved on and I have to pick up the pieces while he's having this great life like with his new girlfriend after like just out of nowhere breaking up with me. So then one night I come home from work and Bill, you remember, I lived on in a building on Wilshire Boulevard in Westwood and Klett live next door to me in the building next door to me, And I come home, just like any night, I go to the vallet, I walk into the building and there's Jerry's standing in the lobby and he looks at me and I look. I go like I was so in shock. I didn't expect him to be standing there like we were done. He had a new girlfriend, in a new life. They're probably gonna get married, And I go, what are you doing here? And he's like I got to talk to you, And I go, get out of my way right now. So I go around him and I'm trying to get in the elevator and he's like right next to me in the elevator. He gets in the elevator with me. I'm like, I want nothing to do with you. You are the worst, Like I can't believe what. I can't believe you did.
Speaker 1: This me is this is going to end with like some rebound activity.
Speaker 3: I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Passionate. I just just.
Speaker 2: Give I don't no, so okay. So then he basically all I'm getting at is that night he basically I was so upset and he basically I was like, are you kidding me right now? Like what you did to me? What are you even doing here? And he's like, I am so sorry. I made the biggest mistake of my entire life. I don't know what I was thinking. Please take me back. I love you, loved my life, all the stuff they say. And I took him back because to Kleet's point two, like it went from so hot to so cold in one second that it's like I actually believed him, like, yes, it was a terrible mistake, like he would never do that. He made a mistake, He'll never do it again. And that's what I believed. And then there we were again out and about paparazzi, photographers, red carpets, the whole thing. And then this was like what four or five months later, and I have it all. I mean you could look up all the dates of all these parties, like and when he was on set. And then Maxim magazine at the time was this like magazine. Okay, that would like yeah, it was like all these you know, girls in the magazine whatever. And Maxim magazine had something called the Hot one hundred List and they called me and they're like, you're on the Hot one hundred list, which was very sweet, and they have a party every year in Las Vegas for this Hot one hundred list. So Jerry and I go to the party what boyfriend and girlfriends do, and we are in reviewed on the red carpet by everyone, including E and all the footage is there of us being interviewed and he's so complimentary and he's like so proud of her. I mean, I love you know, she's hot. Okay, Yes, I'm so proud of her for being hot.
Speaker 1: Don't bring your boyfriend who's cheated on you to a maximum.
Speaker 4: Hun Yeah, it's like throw into a lion's day.
Speaker 2: In the world.
Speaker 1: He was in the in the lion pit.
Speaker 2: And so we move on. And then when I was in the we were both in the party and then I got kind of pulled away to do press and you know some stuff you do when you're on the maxim line one hundred was like, like you pour like wine on the No, I'm kidding you. What's that thing?
Speaker 8: Champagne?
Speaker 1: Champagne.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Like I don't know, I'm probably making that up. I don't think I did a champagne tower, but like that's kind of what you would imagine. You'd get pulled, Hey, thank you doing photo ops and then you guys are going to die, like literally, have a great weekend in Vegas, go back home to La We go back home to La like we probably drove or flew. He and I and then the next thing I know, that week, he's acting really weird and I'm like, what is going on? So he tells me at the end of the week, I have to go to Vegas to go to some shoot like I have a shoot that I'm going to. I don't even know what it is about, but I was like, are you filming something?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: And then I kept trying to call him to see when he was going to get back from Vegas. I mean, I'm his girlfriend, like when you're getting back from Vegas? Like are we going to dinner next week? Like what are we doing? Like I see you every day and cut to can't get in touch with them? And then all of a sudden, this is what happened exactly. I think I texted him. I said, Jerry, I'm just worried about you, like I haven't heard from you in a few days.
Speaker 1: You're to make a wellness check on him?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 8: Can I have like an insight into the technology at this time? Are you like T nine texting?
Speaker 1: It's the the thing that you flip up the T mobile sidecarch psychic?
Speaker 8: What color was it?
Speaker 2: I think mine was pink?
Speaker 1: And no idea what that it was?
Speaker 2: Not dazzled. I had a pink one. I had a pink psychic and I think he had like a razor a motorole eraser.
Speaker 6: Okay, or he had a psychic read message or oh god, no.
Speaker 1: This is like two thousand.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, So we were either so we were calling, calling, calling, and then texting, and so I texted and so this is what he was not responding at all.
Speaker 2: And finally what made him respond is I said, I said, hey, I can't find you in Vegas. Everyone's looking for you. Can you just let me know where you are. I'm worried about you. No message, no response. And then finally I said, Jerry, I'm gonna like, I'm gonna call the police, like I'm really worried about you. Where he writes back, do not call the police. He goes, I just got back to La. I'm at my condominium. I'm at my condominium, which he loves to say, and he goes, I'm fine, I'm fine. So I was like, oh my god, okay, So I write, I'm coming over like I haven't seen you in like five days. What's going on? So I go over there, and that's where this whole thing happened. So I go to the intercom and I ring the bell and normally it's like the second I ring it, the door opens, the buzzer goes, and I go upstairs. Well, I ring it, I ring it, I ring it and I see his lights on and I'm like and he's like hello, I'm like, hey, open the door. He's like what's up. I'm like what's up. I'm like, uh, your girlfriend's here. Open the door, like what's going on? I'm and see you and he's like oh. And he comes out to the balcony and that's where he really said it, kind of said it on the balcony and I go, Jerry, what is going on? He goes hey, and I go hey, open the door, like what is going on? I was just so shocked, like I'm your girlfriend. And so finally we kind of go back and forth. I don't remember every detail, but I mean he was very like dismissed, like just like whatever, and he's like, I'm so and he goes and he basically said he's like, sorry, homegirl, it's over.
Speaker 1: It changes take care.
Speaker 8: And he used to call you home.
Speaker 2: He did, he did. And so it's also start.
Speaker 6: Like he knew this girl was like now that I was hearing it, and was like trying to act so cool and like all this girl downsays doesn't mean anything to me, Like you know.
Speaker 2: Right, well, what's so crazy is until he told his story on that podcast I had. I had no even for a second, didn't think there was someone in his apartment ever. I really just thought that he was on the balcony breaking up with me, like it's over, and I knew, like, obviously he's met someone, something's going on. But I didn't think for a second until he said that on the podcast last week that I was like, wait a second, there was someone in there.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know.
Speaker 2: You didn't know that there was someone in there. I did not know that I promised was.
Speaker 6: Someone there.
Speaker 2: Wait, wal Coco, Wait Coco said.
Speaker 6: I said, that was God's saving you because if you had known someone was in there, deep with ropes climbing the building literally.
Speaker 2: Been so he found my way in there.
Speaker 8: Did you just walk away after he broke up with you?
Speaker 2: Or kind of what I mean? Can I be honest, Like it was again like so shocking. I think like I was going back to like you know, when I heard when I saw the pictures of him with Jerry Hallowell, and it just was that like sinking feeling again like oh my God, like it's over again. And it was just so shocking because I put all my faith back into him and took him back and everything was amazing, and then all of a sudden, there he was again, just like cold as ice, and he was like, it's over, And I was like what.
Speaker 4: In his defense, people grow you grow up in five days. No, but I'm saying, twenty two years later, you got to you know, wow, you have some grace?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no question was my balcony.
Speaker 2: Was the balcony like a first floor balcony or like a tenth floor second floor?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: He was right there, so you couldn't scale the wall.
Speaker 2: The whole thing was just very shocking, and so he broke up with me. And why I did not scale the wall or try to do something is a I didn't know there was anyone in there until he just admitted that last week.
Speaker 1: But also, come on, you had to have some suspicion, Phil.
Speaker 2: I promised you. I did not know that. That's how much. Can I be honest? That's how perfect things were?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: I'm out of here?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, can I be honest you guys? I promised you, Like I thought. He was literally standing on the balcony looking at me, and he had changed, obviously changes my broke out up. He didn't want to see me in person. He didn't want to see me in person because I mean, he didn't want to come face to face like downstairs, because he thought maybe I'll be like I want to kill him, you know what I mean, like like I want to like punch him, or I don't know. He didn't I obviously he wasn't didn't have enough courage to come down and see me face to face, like a foot away, and instead did it from a balcony. He broke up with me from a balcony, and I honestly thought it was because he was just like over it done and he was just like bye, and I was like and it was so it was a million things right. It was devastating, heartbreaking, humiliating, It was traumatizing. It truly was, and I just could not believe what I was hearing.
Speaker 1: Again, are you tearing up?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not tearing I'm not tearing up. But I got in my car and it was and he literally, like, to be honest, I think he actually turned around and went back inside and closed the door. Oh wow, yeah, And so what am I going to do? And so I got in my car, Wait, Collete, what am I missing? Am I missing something with you? Then I called you right, Collette when I got my gun.
Speaker 6: And then we went over to your condo and like, I mean, you were devastated. He he broke your heart, you know. And I was devastated. I mean I was enraged all the things because I trusted him too, and I was like get back together within my head, you know.
Speaker 2: So I then I went on E News to anchor and I had a T shirt that said you were never my boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: No, I just remember those like T shirts.
Speaker 2: Do you remember those T shirts?
Speaker 8: It wasn't like Drew Barrymore wearing one one time.
Speaker 2: I love it. Yeah, they were like popular back in the early two thousands, and so I said you were never my boyfriend. And then I think he might have like called E and he didn't love that T shirt.
Speaker 6: I remember, Yeah, he called He was so mad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, And so you know, the whole thing was just crazy. Listen, at the end of the day, you know, here we are twenty two years later, and obviously we both moved on. We can speak about.
Speaker 7: Sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're literally at the forty minute mark, so we have to wrap things up. So we are gonna do a part two. We're gonna have to do a part two, so we're gonna do Part two tomorrow. We're literally just coming up with this right now, so okay, we're gonna say goodbye right now. Everyone, Tune in tomorrow, Bill and Juliana the podcast for Part two, where I'm gonna take specific questions, burning questions that people have, So we'll see you tomorrow