Speaker 1: Hayley, quick, wake up. What there's a storm. We need to get a move on the chores.
Speaker 2: Huh. Let me see. It doesn't look too bad, just a little rain.
Speaker 1: A little rain can turn into a lot of rain real quick. Plus they're calling for hal so we need to get the horses in the barn and see if the cattle moved under the trees.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the calves, this will be their first big storm.
Speaker 1: Then I'm gonna get started. Alejandro will be here soon. Keep your walk. He turned up.
Speaker 2: Okay, I hope he brought some boots with him. It's gonna be a muddy mess.
Speaker 1: That's right. We've got the animals secured. The neighbor's goats even came into the barn, I'm.
Speaker 3: Sure they did. What about the cattle. Did they go into the little forest?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Like some ventured up towards the gorge again. Oh, I'm glad we put a trail cam up there. There's some calves with them, so I think I'll have to move them. Don't want the hell to scare the calves over the edge. It's pretty high.
Speaker 4: Up there, Dad, that's a two person job.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try again with Bailey. Maybe now with how serious this is. She'll ride Sonny and help me.
Speaker 4: I hope so. But I don't know, Dad.
Speaker 3: She didn't say anything about my letter and what you told me. She said about the day we found Connor's cancer. M Blake thinks there's more to it than fear or stubbornness. Connor falling off Sonny was the catalyst that started us down that path. Blake has seen this a lot with the rodeo. Emotions get attached to events and that can override logic and training.
Speaker 1: Well. Her dad has always been able to see her best. Maybe that's why she's been avoiding his calls.
Speaker 3: She's not been ready to see herself correctly. I think I'm gonna pack up right now and head home. Maybe I can get there before.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, don't do that.
Speaker 3: I'll be all right, Dad, I don't mind, and I really think that I need to know.
Speaker 1: I mean it now. I don't want you getting caught driving in that storm. I'll go easy on Bailey. I won't push her.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, but please don't go out there alone.
Speaker 3: If Bailey isn't ready to ride with you, call over to the Buckholtzes or see if you can get in touch with one of the regular farm hands.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll do Sweetie, We'll get through this.
Speaker 4: Love you, Love you too, Dad.
Speaker 2: No, Alejandro, don't merge the mushrooms.
Speaker 5: Why not? Do I need to fill the inventory first?
Speaker 1: What you need?
Speaker 2: We are double twin flowers.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 5: Let me show you fine here, Szoe, I don't get this game?
Speaker 2: See like this?
Speaker 5: Do you like video games? Bailey?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Some.
Speaker 2: I don't have a cell phone, so I never played games like that. But we do have an old console in the house. But Bailey phone games are the best. They're portable for times like this, when you're stuck in a barn.
Speaker 5: I guess there's not usually a lot of downtime on a farm. Too much work.
Speaker 2: Sure, it's a lot of work. But when we finished with chores in school, Connor would always come up with something crazy to do, like driving ATVs. More like ATV hide and seek, or jumping ATVs over the low part of the creek.
Speaker 5: That sounds dangerous and extremely fun.
Speaker 2: It was just don't tell cheapop. But on days like this, Connor and I would dream about the business we wanted to start.
Speaker 5: What business were you going to start? I know a few business owners. It's hard work.
Speaker 2: We were going to run a sanctuary for wild and unwanted horses, and for the business we were going to gentle the ones we could to go into rodeo training with my dad.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's pretty cool. Actually, he said you were so not anymore.
Speaker 2: Not without Connor. We were going to start with a grant, but we never got to submit it and I couldn't do it on my own anyway. But aren't you going to train Wilder? That's a big deal. He's definitely a wild one. Okay, he's getting a little worked up. I get it, Wilder. My old apartment was so tiny. You just need a bigger stall. This is the biggest stall we have. It's for foling mares.
Speaker 5: Did you give him any staty Vailey?
Speaker 2: Not yet. He was doing so well with me and I wanted to keep working with him. If he's too sedated, he won't remember and we won't make any progress.
Speaker 5: Do you really want him remembering this? Right now? He seems to be getting more and more upset, and the pacing can't be good for his leg.
Speaker 2: His leg's actually doing much better. But I guess you're right. I'll give him some ace. That should take the edge off.
Speaker 5: I'll get you some fee to put it in. He's not going to let you near his mouth.
Speaker 2: Alejandro, you're starting to sound like a real farmer, like you know stuff now.
Speaker 5: I prefer rancher. I think horse is somewhere of my thing.
Speaker 2: But thanks, Yeah, just don't forget to lock the feed room. Yeah, cowboy. I like being around the horses too, but just brushing them and hugging them. You don't want to learn to ride, maybe one of your calm geldings, but training a wild horse. That's next level for my farming duties. I think I like the celebrity chickens best. I can tell. They're always following you around. Maybe they can tell you're from Hollywood. Doubt it. I didn't really fit in there, really, but you always have stylish clothes and seem to know what's going on with celebrities and all. I can never keep up with that. I just have good Wi Fi. Actually that was kind of the problem, part of the reason we moved here. What do you mean, what problem?
Speaker 5: Here's some feed? Oh thanks, but you girls could have at least kept Stone and Blitz from following me.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, those goats are always causing trouble.
Speaker 5: No worries. It's all good. That fake snake next to the door is working for now, but I think they're getting used to it.
Speaker 2: I'm like Wilder in his fancy birthing stall. You better hurry, Bailey, got it here you go, Wilder, come on, eat the tasty grain. He's not taking it.
Speaker 5: What are we going to do now?
Speaker 2: I'll have to go in there and calm him down. I can try and give it to him. Orally, you sure, Bailey, he's moving around the stall pretty quickly. It's that. Or maybe put him back out in the round pen. If you'd even let me walk him out there, he may just bolt.
Speaker 5: Good thing his leg's better, then maybe it'd be okay for him to bolt.
Speaker 6: No way, whoa boy, It's okay, okay, easy boy.
Speaker 5: How can I help Bailey?
Speaker 2: I'm going to get him dell over his head. See if you can put the lead rope over his neck. Okay, careful, you're safe, Wilder. I know you want to come out.
Speaker 5: Huh uh.
Speaker 2: Remember the nice lead rope. It's not gonna hurt you at all. That's a good.
Speaker 5: Boy, Good boy? Is that good?
Speaker 3: Bailey?
Speaker 5: Do you think you can squat it in his mouth.
Speaker 2: Now yeah, oh oh, he's gonna keep throwing his head. Zoe gets some banana bread out of my bag quick. I'm gonna try to give it to him and food again. Okay, here it is. Thanks smell this. Yeah, yeah, you want this, don't you. He really likes my mom's banana bread.
Speaker 5: It's working. He's eating it. Good job Wilder, and good job Bailey. I can't believe you got into calm down after all that.
Speaker 2: Thanks Alejandro, and thanks for helping me. I really think you do well here, you know, with me, So please don't say anything else about him leaving.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. I just thought that was the plan keep up. And I saw his hurt nearby yesterday and thought, but.
Speaker 2: That's not his herd. It's the gray stallion's hurd. We're his herd. Now, yeah, we're his herd.
Speaker 5: Okay, got it.
Speaker 2: You're his hurt and you too if you want huh, never mind, it's dumb, No.
Speaker 5: It's not. It's just a first for me being not a soccer team member of a band, but a heard Yeah, gump me into.
Speaker 2: Great where you all are a rocky? Don't seek all over me? Do you think the storm will pass by?
Speaker 1: I don't think so, Bailey. So I need your help, Zoe. Can you keep Rocky in here? He's not ready for this?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: Some of the heifers and their calves have gone up towards the gorge.
Speaker 2: They're just trying to get to high ground. I'm sure the creek's pretty high by now.
Speaker 1: Well, we don't want any calves getting scared and falling into the gorge. We need to move them away and carefully. Will you ride with me?
Speaker 2: Can I just take the ATV?
Speaker 1: No, can do, kiddo. The terrain is too steep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I can just drive the ATV to the base of the hill and climb up. I can keep them away from the edge. At least.
Speaker 1: It's already too muddy, Bailey. The ATV will get stuck before you're halfway there.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Will you try and ride Sonny and help me?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I but.
Speaker 1: Bailey, you okay? Slow down?
Speaker 5: What's wrong with her? Bailey?
Speaker 2: Give her space. She's having an anxiety attack. O honey, Bailey, look at my eyes. You're going to be okay. Sit down here, lean over. I've got you.
Speaker 1: You don't have to go, Bailey, It's okay. I can do it.
Speaker 5: I can help. I've done some riding in Billings. Just give me one of your easier horses.
Speaker 1: M sure you're gonna be okay, Bailey?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Don't be sorry. It's okay.
Speaker 2: I've got her. Gee Pop, she'll be okay. You can go save the baby cows.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go, Alejandro, grab soldier from the stall and come over here by the tack room. I'll saddle them up for you.
Speaker 5: Got it. Feel better, Bailey, I'll be back as soon as I can.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Just sit a little longer. Gee Pop and Alejandra will take care of everything out there, and we'll take care of Wilder. Okay, okay, it's all going to be fine. Let's just relax him in then we'll check on Wilder the medstra kicken soon. I don't feel better. Mm hmm, that's good. How about you? Are you feeling more like yourself?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Am I feeling like myself? I haven't felt like myself for a while, but am feeling better than I did a few minutes ago. Okay, well that's good. How do you know I was having an anxiety attack or it can be called a panic attack. Yeah, that I have some experience with anxiety. I even take medicine. Though it seems to work better than Wilders, it might take a little longer since he's so worked up. Oh, so, is this the problem you were talking about before? Why you moved here? Yeah? I was pretty miserable back in California, but you're like the happiest person I know. I had trouble with some kids I went to school with and stayed in my apartment a lot, but then they started picking on me on social media. Mornings before school were really hard. I often had anxiety attacks. I'm so sorry. That's awful. I'm doing much better now. My mom helped me as best she could, but eventually decided we needed a change of scenery, and I really like it here. I'm glad you're here too. I'm sorry I never asked you about you know you? That's okay. I understand being good at friendships is tricky, but even more when you're hurting. Yeah, I guess I've been in my head a lot. I was too, But you know, when I'm brushing the horses or feeding the chickens, I can forget about stuff and feel calm, and I even forget to check my phone. Wow. That is a pretty big deal then, I know, right. Oh, I just remembered I found this when I was getting the banana bread earlier. Oh, my mom's letter. My mom was kind of my hero through all my troubles, but only once I finally told her what was happening. Oh mmmm, yeah, I see what you did there. I'm going to run in the house and grab some more supplies. Okay, thanks, Okay, Dear Bailey, I want to leave you this banana bread as a gift, and I want to share with you a gift that I have received from Sonny. From Sonny, huh. I know you're having some trouble writing Sonny again, and that's probably because of the accident. I know that was a terrible day that led to some terrible months. But I see that accident a little differently. I see it as a gift. It was because of the fall that we went to the hospital and then discovered the tumor when we did months before it took his life. In fact, the doctor just called it a silent tumor, usually not found until after the patient has died. So you see, Sonny gave me the gift of time. Although the doctors couldn't cure us cancer. I had time to tell my son how much I loved him, and I had time to say goodbye. Pain of his loss isn't less. It's still just as painful not to have him, but I'm thankful that I had that time with him. I hope you can forgive Sonny and find your way back to her. No, she misses you because I miss you.
Speaker 7: We need you, Bailey, love Mom, Mom, Oh, Sonny.
Speaker 2: Oh, Sonny. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry girl. I've blamed you, ignored you, yelled at you. I know it's not your fault. Oh a hug, Thanks girl, You're forgiving me already. That's all it took. Thank you, Sonny. I love you too. I know I've been pushing you away. Mom and dad too. I'm so sorry, Bail. It's okay, Sonny.
Speaker 6: Oh daily, zolly Ugh, Where are you in, Sonny stall?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Gepop and Alejandro just called on the walkie talkie. They move the calves just in time and are taking shelter in a small cake. Good. Oh wow, you're both still calm. Oh yeah, I have some experience with storms and with horses. You've got to be calm and confident, strong and gentle horses can feel our moods, so in times like these we need to be relaxed for them. You must feel a lot better than before then, yeah, I guess I do. Hmm, maybe it's something we did for each other. We should probably hang out with wilder. Then he's not looking very relaxed. Oh man, the ace should have kicked in by now. Yeah, he was breathing kind of hard and oh, never mind. He must be more comfortable now he's laying down. What he's laying down?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, what's wrong? I thought you said that was a good sign. You said laying down meant he was getting comfortable, feeling safe. Not this time. We need to call the back quick. Something's wrong. I think it's callic call like, what's that? It's bad, very bad. Collicking means he doesn't get held fast, he'll die
Speaker 3: To