Speaker 1: So I recently had a team trip. We went to Atlantic City. We went to see Sebastian Maniscalco. When I heard about the show, it was last year, so I thought, oh, it's around my birthday. I'll do something for my birthday. And I originally thought I was going to bring some friends and have Paul come. And BRIT's getting really into stand up comedy. We went to see Adam Sandler and Rob Schneider and David Spade last year and I was watching Eddie Murphy really really young, so I get that bug I loved SNL and so I thought, oh, we'll bring her to see Sebastian Maniscalco. And I asked for as many tickets as I could get, so I bought ten tickets.
Speaker 2: The Borgatta was where we stayed.
Speaker 1: We got all these rooms because he was performing there, and want to make it a one stop shop. But I ended up bringing my team because I know Lany who works with me like stand up comedy and she's my life partner, and so I brought my whole team. I turned I instead, we will do a holiday dinner. But I made it into a team thing, and some of our team lives in La so they flew in from LA and I have to say, while it's great that everyone can be so convenient and it's efficient to do zoom work, there's something about connecting in person. There are people that I work with that I have met once recently. I was in LA to do a bunch of events and podcasts, and there's a woman that I've been working with for has to be six months, and another woman who has been maybe almost a year, and I hadn't spent any time with them, And it does bring a team closer together. And the iHeart team it's on right now. They're based in LA and so we're talking all the time, But until you actually put a face to a name next to you and you get a sense of someone, it's very different. So I think it's really important. So the trip to Atlantic City was really important for us to connect and also not just me connecting with people, people connecting with each other, you know, sort of knowing what team you're on, and then it makes you want to be a team more when you're working with these people. So my social media team was talking to my podcast team and my personal team, and they've seen all these people on social media and in YouTube videos, but they don't know each other, so I have to say that if you have to work remote, that there should be some connection.
Speaker 2: Sometimes. I think it's important to connect to people that you work with. I really do. I think it increases I think it boosts morale. I think it's great.
Speaker 1: So I want to talk about Victoria Beckham. The documentary with Victoria Beckham and David I'm watching. It's a lot about soccer right now, so it's really starting out about him. I did not know that he was kind of emotionally abused and bullied after he botched the World Cup game. Her trajectory is so interesting from a spice girl, and she seemed like she was so outgoing, loved being forward facing, loved the attention, and it feels like she morphed into this persona of this British celebrity that she became almost royal. And I know they were friends with Harry and Meghan and they are close to the Royals. But when you see Victoria Beckham as a spice girl, she's just like any other famous girl. She's pretty, she's striking. You get why he was attracted to her. And as they get into a very public, very fashionable relationship, you see her retreat, smile less and become more serious and almost become royal. And I say that because there's a veil on these royal people, on certain people and Harry, until they defected, they had a veil and allure, like something that was mysterious that you just it was impenetrable. You didn't know anything about them. And I felt like that about David and Victoria and the world of social media and TikTok now in twenty twenty three is making everybody want to kind of remove that veil, even someone like Sophia Richie, now I know kind of everything about her. I feel like someone like me with a big mouth, who's been on reality TV forever and who certainly wasn't wealthy and had no veil because no one cared.
Speaker 2: I let the cat out of the bag early.
Speaker 1: I mean, some people say there's a mystery about me because people don't really know me. But by no means is are a veil, as by no means you know, I'm mentioning it all. But for people like Victoria Beckham or there are others too, or Megan and Harry, you know, that's the fascination. The Kate and Williams that we know they have and a llure. Megan and Harry had an allure that was totally removed. And now it feels like Victoria Beckhams. She's got a personality and she's dancing with her husband and we know everything about her and her father drove a Rolls Royce, but he she wanted to pretend that she was middle class, and David held her, you know, to be accountable, and like, now I'm like in their dirty bag of laundry. Now I realized that he had an affair with someone who worked for them, And I can't imagine why they would, Like, like, how much could they have gotten paid to lift the veil? The veil is worth so much. They didn't get paid fifty million dollars to do Netflix. Maybe they get paid ten million. That's a very expensive veil. Like she is stoic, and now she's like doing videos about the slip dress that she designed for Kim Kardashian, and she's kind of going down the Kim Kardashian road where she's promoting the makeup in the bags and wanting to sell it because I guess the power of social media is just so powerful that you can make so much money by selling, and they're all seen and that skims money, and they're like, Okay, we don't care about the veil, we care about the cash. So I have to say, there'd have to be a lot of money for me to lift the veil if I had an alluring veil like oh Anna Wintour, full veil, I choked. I never choked. So when Brynn, this is a this is going from Victoria Beckham to Anna Wintour, who has a veil. Because when Brinn met Adam Sandler, she choked before him because I was like, you gotta go up and say your thing.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: She's like, you do it, mom. I'm like, no, I'm going to be the loser at the party. I can't be the loser. You have to you have to do it. So she choked, and then the next time she didn't make that mistake. So I was at the Glamour event and I wanted to say hello to Anna Wintour, but also not be a loser that other people saw, you know, like I know Nicki Hilton, I used to Nannie her. I mean, Lauren Sanchez was there, Chelsea Handler, Like I know these people and they probably all know Anna, I don't, and she's the hbi C of all hbi c's. Victoria Beckham is also an hbi C, but lifting the veil, I don't know if she's as much of an HBIC.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: If you're an HBIC and you lift the veil, I think you kind of lose your HBIC status. That's why A'maal Clooney is an HBIC. We've got the veil. Megan probably used to be an hbi C. Definitely not, definitely not. You go from HBIC head bitch in charge to like just being, you know, basic rich bitch. And Anna Wintour is the HBIC of all the hbi cs. And she was at the Glamour party and there was sort of this like bleacher like seating inside at Lincoln Center and I saw her down there, and Jill, my pup, says, is like, go down and say hello to her. So I went down to stay hello to her, but I didn't want to, Like we were both walking out leaving at the same time. I didn't want to turn around like in motion and say something. And she's snuck out the back and by the way, I could have snuck out the back too, and I didn't, and I was like, damn, So anyway I didn't. I batched my time to say Anna Wintour. Another time was I was invited to a dinner with her, and I think I was even more anti social that I am now and I didn't go. So I fucked up twice. You only get three chances, so I've had two chances to meet the HBI C. This one the most egregious offense because I was literally next to her, but wasn't gonna be like, Hi, I love your work. So I can't tell Brynn not to choke because I choke. Do You gotta like take that moment, whatever that moment is. You gotta do it in that exact moment, even if it's slightly awkward, because you might not get it again. And often we say, oh, give me a secon, let me, let me, let me get my act together.
Speaker 2: You gotta just you gotta do it.
Speaker 1: Also, I think that Victoria Beckham is a very wealthy celebrity and they had to kind of live with this woman who Rebecca Loom who I now know her name. David Beckham allegedly had an affair with her, and now I know her name and so like if I were if I were Victoria Beckham and I was an HBI C with the veil, I wouldn't take like ten million to have to think about my husband and everybody out there being dragged through this affair that most people don't even know about. I didn't know about it, so now I know about it because of the Netflix. So I don't know how much the number was, but someone has to tell me because whatever the number is, it needed to be very high to lift the veil and go through like infidelity and all that stuff. Where are we on Taylor and Travis? People are like, if they don't get married, I'll be disappointed.
Speaker 2: We're putting a lot of pressure on this. I think they're just having a great time. Again. I fall back to NOBU. You don't go to NOBU.
Speaker 1: If you want your relationship to be private. And there's a lot that's performative. So I feel like they're loving this era. She has had more quiet, insular relationships, and because she's gone been in so many relationships. Often a person wants to be very out there about their relationship because they want people to.
Speaker 2: Know that they can land an amazing man.
Speaker 1: I mean, I listen, I get that, but there's a line, and once you open it up to everybody, then God forbid they break up. It's hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube. So when you're going to nobu and when you're jumping up into your person's arms and changing lyrics for your partner, you just got to know that God forbid they don't get married and live happily ever after, they're going to be devoured on the way out, God forbid. And we hope there's no on the way out. But what goes up must come down. So if you're going to enjoy all the attention on the way in, thank you Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly. They were loud and proud on the way out, which I don't know if they're still together or not. If they're still together, they got quiet because they saw that when they were rocking, and it wasn't great that it was massively loud because they went in loud. If they're not together, they're just going to know in their future relationships to stfu because open it up, and you've opened it up good and bad, you cannot there's no respect your privacy during this challenging time, once you've opened it up. Okay, So also, now Travis is talking on his podcast about Taylor giving him a shout out. This is all amazing because we're in the honeymoon phase. The car has the new car smell on it. This this, this has to land. They have to end up together because she's so astronomically famous and she's made him so astronomically famous that this would be like when Madonna and Guy Ritchie were together. Guy Ritchie was a very well known, accomplished and respected movie director, like Travis is a very accomplished and respected football player. So this thing has to land now because it's been so global that this would be a very painful exit publicly. You cannot say, please respect our privacy. You'd have to be like, please respect the fact that we're gonna be in a rectal exam together and you're gonna be up my ass and you're gonna see everything if we ever break up.
Speaker 2: So I'm open for it.
Speaker 1: Because we went to NOBU and because Travis talked about it in his podcast.
Speaker 2: So what goes up must come down. They must get married.
Speaker 1: They just have to get They can get married and have two separate relationships that live two separate lives. They just must land this plane. It's too public to not It's too big to fail, is effectively what's happening. They Travis and Taylor are too big to fail and it's okay, you could be. I was gonna say, it can be very public and let's and let and it'll work. Who's very public and it works. Let's really talk about this, you said j Low after being with Casper smart, she was the peacock, no question. And then she got together with a Rod and it was jiinormous because of both their backgrounds, the blending. They both had, the two kids. They're the happiest family. It was multiple years. It was a produced shot, edited and posted engagement in like the Muhammas I think it was or somewhere like that.
Speaker 2: Like it was full on public.
Speaker 1: They had businesses together, they were shooting workouts together. She came with him to the Shark Tank like first day that we all did press, which was they were upset, but that was strange. But she came like they were one dog. I call Biggie and smiles my dog. They were one dog. She's not doing that with Ben in the beginning, it was a full on parade, and I think it bit him in the ass. And now they are so quiet, quiet like mice. They're famous, but more quiet. And there's one peacock and her name is Jennifer Lopez and she's the peacock. Ben is not a peacock. Travis and Taylor are both peacocks, and I maintained there can only be one peacock in a relationship. What two peacocks have thrived and survived? Can someone tell me? Barbara streisand just came out with a book and she's very public right now. She and James Brolin, she was the peacock he sat back. Are Megan and Harry two peacocks?
Speaker 2: Kate and William? Kate is the peacock.
Speaker 1: Hash and Becks are they two peacocks? I think he's the peak cock, right, Who's the peacock? Passion Backs are good ones. Passion backs are good ones.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Anyway, I look forward to being invited to Taylor in Travis's wedding.
Speaker 2: What shall I wear?