Speaker 1: Did you see be just yet?
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 3: I saw Transformers one. Oh did you see Beat going tonight? Oh?
Speaker 1: To night? To Transformers one? They call it Transformers down here, and you.
Speaker 3: Thought it was Transformers one, you know up here as well? Oh wait, wait a second Transformed there's two different Transformers movies. Yeah, there's one and then there you know and one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a crossover with the you know the game. Yeah yeah, Transformers who know? Is just Transformers around, you know for ninety minutes.
Speaker 1: I am now, I'm like, I have to look up Transformers who Know. It's got to deck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean there's no flip Transformers Star. There's know for everything they did the they monopoly that ship.
Speaker 1: They were like with we can your kids like your kids like they know mm hmm yeah, I'm I think that's like one of the few games that has the same adrenaline rush from childhood into adulthood, like in terms of.
Speaker 4: Just straight up kid card games.
Speaker 3: Ah, when you do the like and reverse and pick five and I'm out, yeah.
Speaker 1: For real, to the point where I only I only play for the biggest high in Uno, Like I just filled my hand with just death cards like and I'll wait. I'll wait because I just want to build a hand to just go out with it.
Speaker 4: It's like my fucking favorite. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I think it's like rope adoping somebody, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: In a card game, man, I just got so many of these dang cards.
Speaker 1: You have three cards up, I have ten? No way draw for reverse blue switch. Fuck you, I'm out peace. That's that real ship. Because you know why, I think as adults would make they would I would cry when they would do that ship to me that like I was forged in those fires that now like when I do it, like yeah, like younger family members, bro, I'm a fuck you. All the adults, especially on my dad's side, there was no mercy for children in card games. Like they're like, well, we can go easy on them. They're like yeah, no, they were. It was like they were like, you know, my grandmother Michael Jordan's ship. She's like, what's up, Hope, He's we get that ship.
Speaker 3: Oh we got a bitch tonight. As you sit down to the table.
Speaker 1: Played to play scrabble, she's like cracking her knuckles and ship, She's this motherfucker can't read.
Speaker 3: Hello the Internet and welcome to this week trend edition of Guys. Yeah, production by Heart Radio. It's the podcast where we take deep to have into American share consciousness. And this is the episode where we tell you what wasding over the weekend. My name is, of course Jack, and that over there, well, that of course is my co host, mister Miles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nitrous oxide veteran. Wanting to your kids out really.
Speaker 3: Quick by telling them how to do it by you're doing it wrong.
Speaker 1: Get a big ass balloon. Stop hitting it from the can.
Speaker 4: It's more fun with the balloon, more fish.
Speaker 1: Anyway. Yeah, what a weekend?
Speaker 3: What a weekend?
Speaker 1: I'm forty years old and one week old now, I like to think of it like that.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to start doing this every week.
Speaker 1: I'm forty years.
Speaker 4: And two weeks now.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 3: Well, this is the episode where we tell you, guys, what is trending, what happened over the weekend. We also get to know you a little better by telling you what is something we think is underrated? What is something we think is overrated? Miles, you want to tell them something you think is under over dealers choice, what do you want to start with?
Speaker 1: Let's do under rated and I think the youth are underrating how terrible doing.
Speaker 4: Nitrous oxide is for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on Friday, right, I was like looking at Twitter and Sizza, you know, fantastic vocalists, Hilarious.
Speaker 3: I'm tweeting out about Sis's latest album very late, but bangers on this.
Speaker 4: Look, you gotta look, there's a lot of music out there. We're not kids anymore.
Speaker 1: We're waiting on the Tuesday when music would drop and be like, did you go to Sam Goodie and get the CD?
Speaker 4: Because it's like seventy things that come out every day.
Speaker 1: Anyway, she tweeted, sorry to be old and annoying, but is no one going to talk about how galaxy gas came out of nowhere and is being mass marketed to black children? The government is doing nothing. Since when are we selling whippets at the store? Somebody protect the children. Something about the childlike designs and marketing is so spooky, like stars and bright colors.
Speaker 4: You're trying to entice the kids on purpose.
Speaker 1: And at the time, like I've been like in the UK, there's like a lot of soccer players get fucking they get caught up doing laughing gas and shit like that. And I've noticed too in a lot of like rap videos too. You see people like hitting cans of like fucking naws like in different ways.
Speaker 4: Like it used to be those little whipp.
Speaker 1: It cartridges for like a home, you know, whipped cream thing that sort of like silver cartridge. Now this shit like Galaxy gas. It is branded. It's so colorful, like the bottles and stuff, and it's stuff like mango smoothie ice cream. Like it's straight up flavors. Yeah wow. Whereas like before, they're like it's nice like whipp It the things that used to be, but in bigger ass cans now and with flavors. But they say like, oh, it's to help in It's like it's for culinary use only. But if you're using it for culinary use, like you don't need a flavored gas because potentially you're like your head.
Speaker 4: Is so in the game.
Speaker 1: You're flavoring whatever yourself that you need to inject with like banana chemical flavor.
Speaker 3: It's to power your Derby car. It's mango smoothie flavor. Yeah, exactly for your kids Derby car their mouth.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I just like looking at that and now seeing like how there's definitely like a proliferation of articles more and more where people like the new trend. I saw video like they're just like there's people doing shit on TikTok making it look all fun and shit. I'm telling you that just as an old head, I will sat like an old person here, you do not this ship is not good for you.
Speaker 4: It is not the fucking experience you want, chemically or otherwise.
Speaker 1: And I just like, again, I just need to tell the youth just leave that nitrous oxide alone, please please? And what the fuck is this company doing with like all this flavored shit. It's like it feels like the early Jewel days, you know what I mean, when it was like, no, this ain't for kids, but it's called like uh like unicorn, huh yeah, you know exactly.
Speaker 3: Galaxy gas is what a DARE officer would call it. Like I feel like, you know, did you when the DARE officer came in and we're like, yeah, weed, Devil's devil salad and like all the galaxy gas feels. I remember him like calling some drug like black ice, and everybody just like laughing at him because we were twelve. Yeah you know what the fuck?
Speaker 1: You know, like you go to a like I remember I was in a head shop like to get some papers, and like they just had a bunch on the fucking walls there. I was like wow, And it didn't really connect at the time. I was like with this big old galaxy gus shit. And now I'm like putting it all together and I'm like it's everywhere, and yeah, just please talk to your kids about galaxy gas and Halen's is like one of the like growing segments of like intoxicans for like younger people. So I didn't realize how much the kids were fucking with NOAs like that and not diverse.
Speaker 3: That's pretty scary. Yeah, I mean I was associated with like the very drugs that people did when you couldn't get like you were too young to get drugs. Like the things that the kids that I grew up with did was whippets and then like passing out, Oh where you just like took a bunch of deep breaths and then like made the person pass out.
Speaker 4: Ye ye, yep, just some light brain damage.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: We just just please damage my brain, hitt these thoughts away from me. That's fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So.
Speaker 3: My underrated I got a couple like sweaters on the beach movies love these esthetically it looks good.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, it's always Cape Cod. I feel like there's always like the Atlantic seaboard when you.
Speaker 3: Were and we went to like a tidepool beach like so not not like a beachy day, but just like a low tide end of the day check out, like what was left behind type beach. Leo Correo also shout out like there's all these places around Los Angeles that are named for like actors who I think were like the George Clooney of their day, but then like nobody remembers them at all, but like a.
Speaker 1: Smart idea Will Rogers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Will Rogers, I guess is pretty well known. But like Leo Careo, I didn't I didn't know about him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I didn't know either. That's a guy A place like you could go camp like as a teenager and no one would bother you and you could like smoke.
Speaker 3: A good strategy, find like an out of the way spot that is very pretty and name name.
Speaker 4: It after who was this Leo Careo.
Speaker 1: I didn't do a lot of research, but.
Speaker 3: I know it's an American actor, vaudevillian, political, cartoonist and conservationist.
Speaker 1: So said Will Rogers, also a vaudevillian.
Speaker 3: Guy too, like around that same era.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Will American vaudeville. What's the vaudeville beaches and ship?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Anyway, SoundCloud rappers should be the next generation of entertainers.
Speaker 4: I get their own beaches after this.
Speaker 3: I always assumed that, like you, why would you ever wear a sweater on the beach, But you know, we we brought our sweaters to this beach. It was like in the sixties and the sun was going down and the Pacific is fucking freezing, so it was chilly. And it's just a just a good look. That's just a brief, a little no no family photosh We we didn't. We weren't like coordinating or anything like that. We just but I got a lot of pictures shark fish and anemones and oh yeah, come on, dude. But the other my other underrated. So I watched this movie Rebel Ridge this weekend, which is has been like near the top of like the Netflix uh charts, and I'm gonna call it like a cabsploitation, Like it's like a guy getting fucked with by cops and repeatedly just like fucking the police up over and over again.
Speaker 4: It's like an ouva bowl film, like where like one.
Speaker 3: Kind of but it's like well done. Oh okay, it's it's pretty well done. It's like it starts out and you think it's just gonna be like a remake of First Blood, like where you know the first Rambo, which is like a better movie than people remember because the sequels were so ridiculous. But in that movie, like Rambo's a Vietnam vet and like he gets sucked with by a local sheriff and then like runs off into the woods and is just like killing cops from those woods the whole time. So in this I was wondering, like why they weren't doing that, because after he gets sucked with one time, he just like continues to go back and like find the movie just like finds ways for him to interact with the cops. But it's actually smart because it just repeatedly like recreates these scenarios we've seen with like corrupt cops, like arresting someone, finding different ways to like fuck someone up, or at one point they like pull him over but like don't use their lights and then they explain like it's because if the lights flash, then their dash cam camera starts up and like they're we're.
Speaker 1: About to be corrupt, all right, And it's like I'm lifting the hood of my car, Like that's the other thing cops do is like they pull the hood up to block the engine.
Speaker 3: To let the engine cool off a little bit. But it's yeah, so it's just seeing this these scenarios we've seen so many times in actual like police body cam footage like played out in a way where the cops kind of get fucked up is very satisfying, and I feel like it could be its own genre of movie of just like repeatedly showing people fucking up.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, you know, you know it's better than real police reforms movies where they taking it out of the cops and then that will act as a salve for us in our ailing society.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then it'll give people ideas of what to do and they'll all get armed. So maybe not a good idea, but it was very satisfied.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I mean, like when you said I'm I'm watching this, I mean just seem like a still poot. I'm like, why is this guy intact gear like fighting the cops and I'm like, okay, I'll ask last questions, yeah and start watching more. Yeah.
Speaker 3: His backstory is like that he trains the military on how to like do hand to hand combat when you're unarmed and they're armed, and like.
Speaker 1: Have like escalate a situation premise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so he's like anti weapon, Like he's like kind of got Batman rules where he like won't use a weapon on somebody. He's just like disarming them over and over again.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a blast. I highly recommend. But yeah, it's just it was smart of them to be like, Okay, these are thereforce scenarios, keep seeing over and over again. Yeah, what is miles something you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: Overrated summer now that it's fall. And I have to say, along with that is the food.
Speaker 4: I have two things.
Speaker 1: The first is just a parent thing that I think all parents experience, which is like you get all these like toys from relatives and stuff that are nice that you think your kid is gonna play with, and they just want to play with a fucking tube of toothpaste for like days, and you're like, what about this nice thing grandma got you that's made of like wood and is like baby safe, and he's like, nah, dude, I'm gonna keep trying to eat this hand sanitizer hand spray bottle and like just like fuck with this forever very I mean, in a way, bless their bless their imaginations for making toys out of those things. But yeah, just like with the season change on paper, because it's still hot here. I did a thing last night, just like when we were talking with Lydia, just getting into I'm in Peepaw fall right now. Yeah, such a nice pork stew last night that with I'm not in like these mashed potatoes Jack, I put a fucking pound of butter for it was three and a half pounds of potatoes, one pound of butter, and it's just the perfect vessel for the stew to sit upon, and I cut up some.
Speaker 4: It was just so fucking good.
Speaker 1: And anyway, I realized too, how much like food helps bring like sort of in a sense, in a sensory way, bring you into the next season because like the mood. Yeah, yeah, because I did. I did on Saturday, I like grilled. I was like, let me just get my last kind of grill at not that I won't I'll stop grilling, but like this felt like they're like, Okay, this is kind of like, you know, we're getting into falling out summer grill exactly fully into the stews. So I just got to say, summer, it's been great. You were very fucking hot this year in Los Angeles, and people who knows what fall will look like. But now I'm realizing I'm ready to wear sleeves. I'm wearing ready to wear a hoodie. I'm ready to wear pants and I want that very soon.
Speaker 3: And you're you're ready to wear sleeves, but you're just for the listener. You're not wearing sleeves right now. You're still wearing a cut off yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And I have like cropped it's cropped too, like I look like a linebacker from the eighties.
Speaker 3: To Belichick chic cut off sleeves hoodies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wasn't that what he called them?
Speaker 1: They're called give ups like I give up, yeah, like wearing like rocking the sweatpants and at times, but yeah, I got my give ups on that's great.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'll take that.
Speaker 3: I was listening to a sports podcast that was covering like one of the rings NFL shows. I guess there's other sports podcasts besides my Jack Mad Boosts. Right, So I was just I just found out about this, so I was just checking them out. But they were talking about like coach expressions and like they were talking about how like Mike Tomlin is always saying cut your eyelids off, keep your eyes open, cut your eyelids off, players, and uh, what's his name? From the Chargers. Harbaugh was like, I'm gonna die leaning on my staff like Moses about like his coaching staff.
Speaker 1: Wow, trust, wow, Wow, this is this is great like high level coach poetry. He's the son of the other Harbor. Is that the deal?
Speaker 3: No, he's the brother of the other Harbor.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, so they were Jim John Yeah, okay, got it, got it, got it.
Speaker 3: Jim was the Michigan, right, Jim is the Michigan and now Chargers and now Chargers.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay.
Speaker 3: And people were like, so, how do you feel about your like offensive coordinator's decision? And he was like, ah, you know, call me Moses because I'm gonna die leaning on my staff.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I call him the staff al of Caucus because they're deadly to others, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: You hear me, our tactics, man our place.
Speaker 3: Yeah hell yeah, but yeah, I don't know if they have writers writing for them or if that's just like a part of you have to have that like weird gym teacher poetry in.
Speaker 1: The brain because it's like a pimp, you know what I mean, Like and like the least problematic sense of like you got to convince a group of people to like ride for you and put their bodies on the line, and you kind of need the gift of gap to sort of be like, you know how like that old player ship that like you got to make sure your next move is your best move, you know what I mean, Because I'm ready, like you know, like a referee with a whistle like that kind of shit. I feel like, yeah, you need those little isms that like kind of get it that connect, because it's not enough to be like wake the fuck up. Yeah yeah, and.
Speaker 3: You're like cut my eyelids off, exact, cut my and you always don't close your eyes forever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everyone had terrible eye infections.
Speaker 3: They're like anyway, kind of with my this weekend, it didn't go so well.
Speaker 1: A lot of pinky now, that's right.
Speaker 3: My overrated is old bagels I had bagels this weekend a place to like bagels every couple hours. Old bagels are overrated, fresh bagels underrated. I guess I'm just an underrated kind of guy because this is clearly an underrated disguised as an oprated. But I yeah, my like having a fresh bait. I was like, I have not been having bagels until now, like that. Any bagel that's not freshly baked is such bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so subpar. It's such bad pr for the bagel brand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 3: You know, I've been reviving them with the toaster here and there, but not close to what I experienced this weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, because you freeze them, like do you get fresh ones and then you freeze them sometimes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we've done that before, or we get the buy in the grocery store. It's just like a sponge and it's like mostly just uh, it's.
Speaker 1: Bagels taped bread. That's not a bagel like that you buy at the store like that. It has to come from dude.
Speaker 3: Like spongey from the preservatives.
Speaker 4: Have you had a sour dough bagel? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah from lady. Have you been to that spot?
Speaker 3: No, So I just so I'm a novice to this. We were going to a place that last week, like a friend's house where my kids are like taking a class, and so last week they brought fresh bagels. So I was like, I've had these bagels from this place Courage.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: So I went there and the weight was thirty minutes to order, and then as I was waiting, someone who had just reached the front was like, oh, also, it's fifty minutes after you order for them to give you bagels. So I wow. Went to a different place that was called c A L I see, I think, and their whole thing is just like we baked new bagels every two hours and the whole shit, yeah, oh, I think just like fresh baked any bread product is such a is so different. Like my my favorite pizza place that I've talked about on here before is Manco and Manco on the Jersey Shore, And but I've like realized that it goes bad within ten minutes of like getting out of the oven. It doesn't like go bad, but it just becomes pretty mediocre after that. And I feel like if I granted every other pizza place that same grace, I would probably still think Manco Omeco is the best, but like it's I don't know, like that that makes such a difference. Like yeah, because bread is a pham so it's like naturally not going to.
Speaker 4: Be it's the insane environment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like ten minutes after it comes out and like achieves that form.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I like Courage.
Speaker 1: I like Bell's Bagels, I like Mary's Bagels, Layla Bagels.
Speaker 3: Yeasts a bunch of places. Yeasty boy. Yeah that sounds very I love a fun name. Also, Quick overrated your ability to own a pigmy hippo in my moodang research, I was searching pigmy hippo size to like find out what their size would be full grown. And when I put pigmy hippo s it auto completed to sale, and oh god, that that worried me. So I would suggest not owning, not trying to go out and buy your.
Speaker 4: Own island right now, smuggle one back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they get to be up to like six hundred to nine hundred pounds, and I'm just gonna say those Yeah, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: This is also a thing that I am now completely unsure of any any research I do, because I am realizing that the Google AI is Assistant is so fucking bad at it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Length four to six feet, weight four hundred to six hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this thing fulls oh shit. Yeah, I don't want nothing to do with that. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of them, I was like danger, pigmy hippo Danger, and like one of them ate a antelope at a zoo in Ohio. I think that's like killed an antio. I don't know if it ate the whole thing, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: So all right, well I guess I'll put that dream aside.
Speaker 3: So that that's our those are our PSAs, ye, and don't don't try and buy a pigmy hippo.
Speaker 4: Hey, always wisdom from this show.
Speaker 3: That's right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back, man.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: My kids have like a little bit of a cough, and this weekend I was having like a couple moments where I was like, man, I've got RFK boys, like my boy like has there's something on my vocal chord or something. Yeah, there was like something where I couldn't I've hadn't speak right for I.
Speaker 1: Sound like like when I've I was at a wedding, like maybe a few months ago, and I completely lost my voice and I sounded like funk Houser from Curby Enthusiasm, like super Dave Osborne, like it was like Larry like it was. My vocal cords were shocked. Didn't quite get to rf to shreddo Yeah, yeah, yeah, I couldn't. Could not get like a full bodied voice out all right.
Speaker 3: Well, amazingly, speaking of r f K h his being investigated for desecrating Yeah, and up p s A. So the p s A don't send nudes to r FK Junior. Okay, Okay, I know it sounds like a good idea. Yeah, and we were all tempted to do so, but I'm going to explain why why not to? So he was being investigated for desecrating a whale carcass, as we learned at the end of last week, for the story where he chainsaw the head of a whale off and put it on top of his van. That didn't turn out to be the biggest RFK Junior scandal of the week because New York Magazines Olivia, Newsy, Nuzzy and used ez I See was forced to take a leave after New York magazine discovered that she allegedly had a personal relationship with RFK Junior.
Speaker 1: Okay, a personal relationships like their friends.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, sorry, all right, I'm not allowed to have friends. It was not physical, but it did involve the sending of nude photos, which have repeatedly been described as demure.
Speaker 1: Oh, very mindful, very demure. Yes, very very on point with the use of the word demurre. It's happened such a moment right now. Okay, so very demure, very mindful nude photos. Yes, but they weren't having a physical relationship. They were not having a physical relationship. She had written a profile of him called that was titled the mind Bending Politics of RFK Junior Spoiler Campaign, and it wasn't like particularly flattering. I would say, like, sure, he seems kind of like an asshole, Like he seems like real angry. Throughout the profile.
Speaker 3: At one point they like hop in his van and She's like, I honestly like couldn't stop from gagging, Like this van is just like covered in dog hair and smells terrible. I don't know if it's the same van that transported the whalehead all those years ago, but it sounds like it could be.
Speaker 1: Dude, I'm gagging in your van is just like to fucking wild as shit. Yeah, I love that he drives a van, though, there's just something RFK Junior with his like wacky anti vaxer shit whale chainsng love of you know, life.
Speaker 4: He should be writing around this stinky ass van.
Speaker 3: With no seatbelts because the dogs have chewed all the seatbelts off. He just like runs around with a wild pack of dogs. But like that comes off with somewhat he kind of like So the drawing that goes with the article makes him look like he's having some kind of emotional breakdown inside a Doctor Seuss book and like he's crying and there's like dogs, but it's like a you know, a fun illustration. So that's because he does just like burst into tears throughout the profile piece. Oh and he just seems, yeah, like somewhat unstable. I remember reading it and being like, Wow, this guy seems like he's got a lot going on and shouldn't be the president.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, no, not at all. That's not the kind of guy. I don't even want to hang out with him. So no, I don't. I means I wouldn't trust him with anything outside of leaving me the fuck alone and not having to do it intersected my life in any way. Yeah, which and then she got fired. Is she fired?
Speaker 3: She's been put on leave because they said it like poorly reflects on their you know, impartiality and you know, all the stuff that journalism is supposed to care about. Although she said it happened after the profile. So the way that this apparently came out is that she sent him the demure nude photos and he proceeded to brag about that to so many people that it got back to the editor of New York Magazine, who they do not like. Uh so did you This is gonna seem weird and based on your reporting, I can't imagine it's true, but yeah, you And then she denied it, denied it, and then came clean from HR.
Speaker 4: Right, that's why she's here. So that's what I'm just gonna ask this to you.
Speaker 1: And this is I'm asking you this in the most objective sense, Right, did you send nude pics to RFK Junior? I can say that, right, Uh yeah, I mean that makes sense. That's so when I read that, like, like she only got busted because this dude was bragging about it. I like, immediately, I was like, wait, there was something about that in the Vanity Fair this guy's eating a dead dog profile too, and I went back to find it. And then this is another part. This is from that Vanity therapiece quote. When Kennedy was married to his second wife, Mary Richardson, he was known to text other damning images to friends as well of nude women. Those friends assumed Kennedy himself had taken the pictures, but they didn't know whether the subjects had consented to having their genitalia photographed, let alone shared with other people. When one friend lost his phone, he panicked that somebody might discover the images. So yeah, this is all this is. I know, lies detected at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his campaign, for the most part is like he only met Olivia Nutzi once in his life for an interview which turned out to be a hit piece. And if she wants to send him some demure nude photos, right, you know what can he do?
Speaker 1: Hit piece and now rag about.
Speaker 3: Them to everybody?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So he is married to Cheryl Hines from Curb Your Enthusiasm? Any update on that as no updates as of yet, Babe, they.
Speaker 1: Were very demure, very mindful nudes. Okay, that that's account for something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was annoyed by the whole demure thing just because it seemed like people were really forcing it. But now it just seems like people are going to use it more in their vocabulary and it's a very fine word.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but I think I would say, like at least a solid sixty percent of people don't know what demuir means, right, Like it's just a way to describe a vibe. But I hope people understand the modesty aspect of Yeah, that's what I hope comes back to our society.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of the Trump campaign, because our kid Jringer did endorse Donald Trump, we do like to check in with the Trump campaign from first of all, from the perspective of what's he selling these days?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's what's he grifting on? Hell? Yeah, what do you got for me?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: How can how can I? How can you unburden me of my dollars? Donald Trump?
Speaker 3: So every week it feels like there's some sub QVC merchandise being uh sold and ridiculed online. So he has recently announced that he's selling coins, claiming that it's the only official coin designed by me. I love I love the idea of Donald Trump taking graphic design courses and like learning photoshops.
Speaker 4: And a design you will guess what's on it, so.
Speaker 3: You're never gonna I mean, this is pretty wild, Like the guy's doing some next level thinking. It's on one side, it's the White House with his signature with a big flag, big flag over what's.
Speaker 1: It's like that half the width of the White House is about how wide this fucking American flag is above it?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, it's a it's it would be a illogically big flag where it actually sized that way. And then like the it's in God we trust is written above the top, but it like doesn't it looks cheap and weird because it only has like it doesn't have all the detailing of even a nickel, you know, right, Like there's a lot of empty space in it, which makes it weird. And then on the other side, the moneymaker, we got Donald J. Trump across the top, and then a picture of Donald Trump that looks like Ted Copple.
Speaker 1: Yeah if Ted Copple was like flattened by a steamroller. Yeah, yeah, that's what this is.
Speaker 4: This is exactly what this looks.
Speaker 3: Like very unflattering. So that's very mir very unflattering, very demure, very very mindful.
Speaker 1: He's selling the coin for.
Speaker 3: One hundred dollars even though it contains around thirty dollars worth of silver and perfect. Yeah, this is not you know, as as you might have noticed from his sale pitch that this is not the only Trump coin. This is just the only official coin designed by Miame. There are other Trump coins, these ones in gold, because he knows that his followers love gold. Love of gold now.
Speaker 4: Asterisk and not made of real gold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but these ones are like even more unflattering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, so he should never be shown in profile, even if it is for a coin that's like meant to pump your own dick up and pretend you won the elunction. There's like a Trump one challenge coin and his profile he looks like Boss Nass from Phantom of the Menace. He looks like Phantom of the Menace. Yep, Phantom of the Phantom of the Opera Menace. H huh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the other one is just troubling, all the images of him. What the silver one looks nothing like him, and then the gold ones are seem like they would be like very unflattering likenesses and perhaps the reason that he felt the need to put his own coin out.
Speaker 1: And the other one, it looks like he's taking the Elvis ship that seals your destiny.
Speaker 4: That's like, what is basically it's like.
Speaker 3: And you have taken the Elvis shit that seals your destiny.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 3: So anyways, just we wanted to share this exciting opportunity, investment opportunity with our listeners.
Speaker 1: Now, let's soften that with a bit of polling.
Speaker 3: Well, and also explain why this might be the official coin of the realm pretty soon. Because he so, he is surging in polls. According to the latest New York Times polling, he's going up in Arizona, Georgia, and North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: And if Democrats lost all those states, it'll be bad, Like it would be much more difficult for.
Speaker 1: The Georgia, North Carolina, Arizona. Kamala must win, Pennsylvania must win, Wisconsin, must win, Michigan. Yeah. Yeah, it's there's it's it's it's a it gets tricky there, It gets tricky there to get to two seven.
Speaker 3: And if he's actually doing really well in those states, he's probably doing much better than expected in other states. Is usually how election results work, you know, the like the states aren't completely distinct from one another. So this is this is the first really bad polling for Harris in a number of weeks. But the New York Times polling has been a little bit to the right of the overall averages over the past, you know, since before the debate, and then this is the first poll that like kind of seemed to return to that right word lean since the debate. I've also I just want to like note how I'm reading polls these days, because there's this guy and ed Injermentum. Are you familiar with him. Yeah, he's like a poll reader who is one of the few people who got the polls right ahead of the midterm. He was like one of the few people who was like, I don't think it's going to be a red wave. And one of the things that he was able to pull out was basically that there's all these polls and You've mentioned this off handedly before, but I just wanted to like kind of focus in on it. There's all these poles that are basically designed to generate the appearance of support for Republican policies and Republican politicians. Yeah, because they know it's like absolutely guaranteed that Fox News will pick those up, like or you know one American News confirmation bias.
Speaker 1: Baby, who's God for me?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So basically, even though these are polls that are like, well, we'll give them a C or like a C plus or a B minus in like like five point thirty eight takes all poles into account and just grades them differently. And this guy basically predicted the midterm results by being like, you actually shouldn't take those into account at all, you should just leave them out. So his read has been that she's like in a good position heading into the final forty two days. Jesus, that's giving me fucking anxiety the area. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been telling this motherfucker to take its fucking time, and now we're forty two out, all right, Jackie Robinson, that's right.
Speaker 3: But yeah, there's just all these garbage pull Like so even since the mid term, there's like a bunch of Twitter personalities and what he calls politics obsessed teenagers getting into polling as a hobby, and like all of their polls get averaged. You know, they have a small weight on it, but they have enough of a weight that they affect what like five thirty eight averages and models look like, right, and so he was able to get a more accurate read by just ignoring all of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean because what Nate Silver, he left five thirty eight, right, He's like doing it own. He's like doing a weird thing that people are like, what's up with his polling? But yeah, I mean, I know, like in Newsweek they were saying, you know, like they're like, Nate Silver's model has Kamala Harris winning for swing states. But it's not the swing states we were just talking about. It was the ones that like Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Nevada that are must wins in the event that you know, North Carolina and Georgia aren't aren't going to turn out the way it will. But yeah, I mean, I think there's, like like you were saying, there is there's a lot of confirmation bias that play with polling and like.
Speaker 4: How people hire polsters.
Speaker 1: Like so if you're working on you know, like a ballot proposition and you have like a consortium of wealthy donors who are the ones bankrolling the entire thing. You need to check in with them to show them how their money is being well spent. By that, I mean, you show them polls that look good and be like, oh my god, thanks so much. I know, we asked for that extra hunter k blah blah blah. That's how that translated. This Like here's some latest polling. Da da da da da, and they go, oh, okay, here, here's more money.
Speaker 4: Here's more money.
Speaker 1: So guess what you will hire polsters that can help shape the reality a bit, you know, to keep your dollars flowing or you you know, getting to you know, you know, covered on Fox or One American News or whatever. So it's always like there's a there's definitely a bit of it. It's not the most objective thing because sometimes polls aren't necessarily for us or to indicate to us what's happening.
Speaker 4: Sometimes, like you need polls that.
Speaker 1: Are just meant to message things for other purposes too. But yeah, yeah, and it's going to be close.
Speaker 3: Fact, they have an effect in the sense that they like give people confidence that oh the foxest narrative that they're talking about is the act actually reflective of how people out there feel. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you also you do for considering how deflated conservatives have been since the beginning of Brat summer and all the weird oh shit they need they need to see something that tells them they're still in the game and.
Speaker 3: Nothing weird about those numbers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and by all measures, like I just in the same way, like Democratic voters are being told like a lot is on the line, a lot is at stake, the same is being told to conservatives in a much freakier fucking way. But they're they're also trying to tap into their like this, it's all on the line this November. Get your ass out there, so you know, we'll see forty two days though, and and Georgia is gonna make it fucking very difficult. So speaking of Georgia, we've talked about the Georgia Elections Board and the MAGA members of that election board that like Donald Trump, like called out by name at a rally, like we love them, notary folks. They're gonna completely fuck the rat for us when it comes to these election results. And they've altered the rules to the point that like essentially this election board can decide whether or not to certify election results uh oh. And now it got worse somehow because over the weekend it was reported they've changed the rules now, so millions of ballots will have to be fucking hand counted. Jesus hand counting. The handcover quote requires the poll manager and two sworn poll officers to unseal ballot boxes, remove and record the ballots, and have three poll officers independently count them. And it's not like that they're saying, like you need to record the results, just purely the number of ballots cast.
Speaker 4: It is what they're trying to go after, and.
Speaker 1: The process is so fucking convoluted it's like pointless to describe. But essentially three people at each polling place are going to handcount ballots independently to make sure like all three arrive at the same number. They're like, what'd you get? What'd you get? Like, ah, off by two uh oh, over four million? Yeah, or another like if it's taking too long, which is the point, the Elections Board will take over and determine if and when to certify the results of a given precinct or.
Speaker 3: The Elections Board, which is very pro Trump, Yes.
Speaker 4: They have a Trump majority.
Speaker 1: Who is they are doing things that are extra legal they are doing. They are not a legislative body. They are an administrative body, so they're but they're saying like, oh, well, now we're going to decide, you know, like we are the b all end all and everyone's like, you can't do that, and that's I'm like, our system's so fucking flimsy.
Speaker 4: If three assholes can just be.
Speaker 1: Like, no, we're changing it and now I'm in charge and fuck you and there's no remedy to that, then this Holy shit. I thought, you know, I thought this was gonna get sorted, but no, here we are. And you know, I think we've said this before because there's.
Speaker 4: Republicans like we need a hand count or whatever.
Speaker 1: That is one of the most I mean, like, I guess, the most inaccurate way to count something unless you were like blindfolded and on like acid or something and you were told these were snakes you were handling, maybe you get a more like a less accurate count. But machines, So why machines fucking work here? And there were no issues with these existing systems previously. But again, this is all happening because this is the playbook for this election, and there is a murky figure behind this elections board like sort of the like a group of very willing elections officials across the state of Georgia.
Speaker 4: She was like, she's like very close to Trump.
Speaker 1: She was actually on the line on that same phone call when Trump was asking Brad Rathensberger to find some more votes. Yeah, so there's like as an you cheat on this and make me president. Yes, she was like on the phone for that call, like on the Trump side. And now she has an entire infrastructure in place of elections official that will basically do whatever they can to cause as much chaos as possible and delay the results. The Attorney General of Georgia is like, this seems like a little bit too far. But whether or not that is going to translate to any kind of legal remedy, I'm not sure. Forty two days away jesus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in other countries, like they know the results the night that the election happens, in real time based they're just like, uh and yeah, we have a winner like right away. But in the US, yeah, this is gonna George is gonna take days like maybe like weeks by design because they want to give the Rats as much of a chance to fuck.
Speaker 4: I think they have a six day period to count Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: And the fact that it's not happening sooner again is because if you slow down the map from turning blue or red in certain places for an audience that has been fed a steady diet of election result denihilism, it's just gonna it will help put roots down in their minds that wait a second, is it happening again? Ye, if it isn't an out, if it isn't a total blowout, or if you know, Trump just drastically overperforms too, and it's we got twenty sixteen Michael Jordan cry face on the way.
Speaker 3: I do feel like he's going to do better than like the MSM narrative of the past twenty days.
Speaker 1: It's too it's too cocky, Like yeah, it's weird, Like I know that they're they're terrible at covering Donald Trump, but they also are so dismissive to be like, and we've won. Look at them. They're a mess. But yeah, also, like, don't count out the fact that there are a lot of wealthy people that are putting tons of money and also to try and help Trump win, and add to that all these fucking creeps out here who are just like, yeah, man, I'll fucking I'll put my finger on the fucking scale.
Speaker 4: I don't care even if I am indicted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I feel I feel like I don't know. But either way, like it's important to stay focused on the information that actually matters and not a smoke screen of like people who are just horny for Hannity to say their name or the name of their pulling outlet. But yeah, like the stuff with the Georgia election board feels like it's gonna matter. And then like the actual pulling that seems to be suggesting he's doing better than expected. Uh, probably need to pay attention to that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just tough too, because like he and I think you are alluding to this in something you're reading that I wrote, is that like his playbook isn't to appeal to anyone aside from like the like the biggest low lifes. Yeah, Whereas like Democrats are like they're not doing the thing that energizes progress, like their entire base of voters. They're like, if we just fucking curl up into a ball, maybe no one will notice anything that we're not changing this situation in the country, And we can just get through this, rather than like Joe Biden even was you remember when they're like, yo, this motherfucker fdr to electric bogloo when he was running in twenty twenty with like some of the policies, Like these policies aren't e fucking close. They're like, yeah, man, yeah, more money for the cops, baby, uh, less money for people?
Speaker 4: All right, any questions? Yeah, all right, great, Yeah, the see November.
Speaker 3: The stuff that the mainstream media like points to as like disqualifying, like his racism, willingness to say anything, just seems to strengthen his appeal with a lot of the people who are already interested in voting for him. And then and then the mainstream media pointing it out like I don't know what you're supposed to do in this case, but that also seems to make people happy because it's like triggering the the Libs. But yeah, on the Democratic side, it just feels like we're watching them try to like balance between different positions that won't offend this party, and you know, like right, because they are for a status quo that the people voting for them aren't actually happy with, and so it just it's a disadvantage.
Speaker 1: On a macro level, Like this is where I'm like, these people are so stupid. Ask any normal person who has a regular existence like a job and a family or a debt or whatever, I would tell I'd wager eighty percent of people are like, man, this shit can't continue the way it's going. Yeah, like the way my life, how chaotic my life feels, how you know, stretched thin I feel without any help, without any kind of relief.
Speaker 4: This isn't sustainable.
Speaker 1: And the fact that that is so that's permeating throughout the zeitgeist and through people's like minds and not being addressed in sort of like you can activate something that a huge, a large amount of people are feeling right now that quite can't articulate it. But the fact that, like to your point, it's like, well, we're kind of here to defend that shitty status quo.
Speaker 4: It's like, dude, you're ugh, this isn't it's not energizing.
Speaker 1: This fucking freaks out here being like they're eating pats and they're fucking jacking off to this nonsense. It's fucking wild.
Speaker 4: And like here it's like, hey man, we have like.
Speaker 1: Like the most regressive immigration plan we've had as a party in a long time. Uh sure, yeah, excited. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Trump is also, by the way, for a status quo in all the important ways that would impact people's day to day lives. Like he's going to do things that benefit the extremely wealthy, but just.
Speaker 4: For that group of people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, for that group of people that don't care. They just he can say whatever wild ass thing pops into his head and they're going to enjoy it as long as it makes people say that's that's a terrible thing to say.
Speaker 1: Exactly, because again, those people are also dealing with their stressed out, unhappy lives too. But it's the remedy to that is manifesting in a very different way, which is like, yeah, man, fucking everyone's gonna cry. And that's that sort of level of destruction, Like I mean, will be who will come to pass if things don't anyway. Yeah, we'll see, we'll see. We'll see, man, we'll see, we'll see, we will see.
Speaker 3: Let's let's take one more break and we'll come back and talk some pop culture stuff.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back, and.
Speaker 3: Uh at the box office, let's check in with the bo Beetle Juice. Beetle Juice continues to be baffo was number one. Still I'm going tonight. It's legging out. It's it's got legs the trades.
Speaker 4: Is are they saying it's legging out?
Speaker 1: Oh it's a leggy box office boffo.
Speaker 3: Okay, So it was number one of the box office for a third weekend in a row, chopping topping the new Transformers movie Transformers one, which our writer JM was like, wait, what there's a new Transformers movie. Yeah, my kids were acutely aware they were locked in on this ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's live action.
Speaker 3: No, it's animated.
Speaker 1: And oh it's not computer animated. That's why your kids know about it, and the fucking drug using adults don't know about it.
Speaker 3: That's right, Yeah, which isn't fair because I'm sure it would be fun to watch on drugs. The animation is pretty cool in moments.
Speaker 1: Oh really, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 5: Like Spider Man level interesting, like King with the Okay, no, just like not like it kind of has a unique style and it sticks with it and there's just like some cool action sequences where they take advantage of the fact that they don't.
Speaker 3: Have to like make this look like it's happening in reality. It's made by the director of Toy Story four, which you know that movie. I really enjoyed that movie and the overall. Yeah, so I took my kids to see it this weekend. Only fell asleep for like fifteen minutes. Yeah, my kids absolutely loved it.
Speaker 4: I thought they fell asleep.
Speaker 3: I no, No, I only fell asleep for fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: Was it which should they wake you up? Or did you do that thing? We're like, oh, ship up in a sleep?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the latter.
Speaker 3: And when I told them that I was asleep for a portion of it because they were asking me a question that I couldn't answer.
Speaker 1: About what happened? Like that what happened?
Speaker 3: But I, yeah, it's a very good execution of what it is. But I expected this movie to do badly from the second I saw the first trailer because it like takes place on their home, like on the Transformer home planet, like in a Transformer's world where they like it's just like Transformer v. Transformer fighting, like bug aliens mixed in and there's just like a ton of moving parts and like it's not even clear like what the steaks are or like what what's haed Like you kind of have to be familiar with Transformers lore, and the animation does take like a little getting used to, and my kids fucking loved it. I ate too many Jlopago peppers with my popcorn and haven't felt right since.
Speaker 4: With each kernel.
Speaker 3: Basically, oh man, that I don't recommend that I like. As much as I enjoy it, I need to stop doing it because it really fucks me up. Stach, Oh yeah, but it does. It does feel like a movie where the IP is weighing it down, like if they had taken a similar story and like put it in a world that wasn't Transformers and just like simplified it without like all the lore and you know the things you have to do because you're telling a Transformers movie. I feel like it might have done better.
Speaker 1: I wonder how it did in China, though, which I felt like has become the biggest audience for Transformers films, like the last few.
Speaker 3: Ones disappointing both in America and overseas. I don't know if it's opened in China yet. I can't imagine Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice is doing well in China right because don't they not fuck with ghosts.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I always heard that as an explanation for why the Star Wars movies don't do well in China.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Beetlejuice is like a fucking you know, a creep. Yeah, yeah, ghost.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's true. He's just you know, he's real piece of shit. But yeah not now my kid, like I fucked up. Basically I shouldn't have taken my kids to see this movie because now they're like, all they want to do is see the Michael Bay Transformers movie, which I had managed to not see a single like one of those end to end.
Speaker 1: Then they'll have a formative memory that of Megan Fox working on an old car. Yeah ah wow, to be young again and have that be the movie or like and I had, I had a crush on Megan Fox from this old Transformers movie.
Speaker 4: Right, what an age?
Speaker 1: What an age?
Speaker 4: What an era?
Speaker 3: Anyways, it does feel like, I don't know, the the IP stuff is obviously working in some cases right inside out to Beetlejuice too. It's like a real uh summer for Part two movies.
Speaker 1: I feel like the.
Speaker 3: Parts Parts two are killing it. But it does feel like we're at some end point, and like movies made by independent filmmakers on like cheap budgets are going to have to start coming out and replacing what is being lost in the current studio system.
Speaker 1: It's just a matter of like where.
Speaker 3: People are going to go see those because now like Sony owns the Alamo Draft House, and like even the independent theaters are kind of being owned. And you know that there were there were monopoly laws about like distribution and studios owning distribution methods, and those are kind of gone away.
Speaker 4: Losers.
Speaker 1: Man, yeah, fuck the paramount decrees. Man, yeah, yeah, we can all agree.
Speaker 3: I think we can all agree on this.
Speaker 1: I think I think look, Maga Democrat, we can all degree all degree, we can all agree, agree, agree, Fuck the paramount.
Speaker 4: I gotta go.
Speaker 3: That's been our time, folks, our brains shutting down.
Speaker 2: It's early.
Speaker 3: We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to all tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Bye bye,