Speaker 1: Are you leaving?
Speaker 2: I you wanna way back home?
Speaker 3: Either way you want to be.
Speaker 2: There, doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and a terminol and gay.
Speaker 3: We want to send you off in style. We want to welcome you back home.
Speaker 4: Tell us all about it.
Speaker 1: We scared her?
Speaker 3: Was it fine?
Speaker 5: Malborn? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 3: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 3: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride.
Speaker 1: With Karen and Chris welcome to Do you need to ride? This is Chris.
Speaker 6: Fairbanks and this is Karen Kilgariff. I am currently in Santa Barbara. Karen, I'm in a law you can see behind me. There's a lot, I can see it. Yes, yeah, Chris is in such a vague room. It could be it could be a conference room. It could be just a place where they put just those fifteen files. I'm on purpose propped up a law book, so you know exactly what kind of a conference room it is.
Speaker 1: I've just gotten into law, Karen.
Speaker 3: It's a law of friends room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a slip and fall.
Speaker 6: I got to deliberate this lady fell on smice into a lawnmower.
Speaker 1: It was non but it's a real.
Speaker 3: Pride.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I heard her pride. So we're going to see what we can do. No, I'm just it's my friend's place and they have great internet. It's happy to be here, and I'm.
Speaker 5: It's like, oh, go for it, No, launch into it. I can feel it happening the well.
Speaker 6: We have a guest waiting in the wings, and it always feels awkward to just let them sit there.
Speaker 5: Terrible, although there is a bit of a power element to it that I liked it entirely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I do. It does feel good right now to hold this.
Speaker 6: I'm going to let it go and we're going to introduce our Do you want to do it together? I know you think I'm uh and I do have a fear of mispronouncing names.
Speaker 3: People like it.
Speaker 6: You know his name, yeah, Salmon Giorgio, but when it comes up to the actual and I know you're not supposed to say the name early like.
Speaker 3: I just before it.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to prove it. I do know the name, but when we announce it, I will probably right away. Debrah did Giovanni again, just because there's a couple of letters in there, and she was just on you're right, but I'm as excited for our guest today as I was for Deborah.
Speaker 1: If that does that sound weird, okay, a little bit we How do we know? Our friend Karen's unfair?
Speaker 3: Clubs and colleges all over the country, many colleges, So he loves to do colleges.
Speaker 5: He likes to do new nurse, just any old like a local junior community.
Speaker 3: He does all those, and it's the king of all of those.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, midday in a cafeteria, but in all seriousness, he has an amazing late night set and we'll talk about that. I loved it very much. Everyone put your hands together for salmon.
Speaker 1: Georgio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: Now it's am I, mister, is it? Am I? Right to go? Georgio.
Speaker 2: Georgia is the correct pronunciation of my last name, because there's a lot of people Georgio would be an incorrect pronunciation of your first name, though, yes, you definitely, I'll accept it.
Speaker 3: It's Georgio, George you jo jo Joorgio.
Speaker 2: Actually that was my brother's, well my brother, because his name was very hard to pronounce. People gave the rest of my family got nick Nate with his names that are easy to say yeah, and he got he got George Georgio and it was just oh wow, thanks mom and dad.
Speaker 5: Then he started his own line of jeans.
Speaker 6: My awkward intro to you know, there's specifically what Late Night said, Did you do that really kind of blew up and kind of changed your career?
Speaker 2: It was Conan was Conan? I did very I went very well. It went really well. It's literally the reason why I eat food.
Speaker 1: Right now, because it turned into a career for you.
Speaker 5: It's it's hard to ask I have a question. Yeah, yeah, this is something I think of for all. We have lots of friends who are very funny. But it's a different thing when you go to do your first Was it your first Late Night set?
Speaker 3: That content set?
Speaker 2: That was my first, That was my very first and it was that was I remember I had I had to poop every three minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, until what I want to hear about. As we walked to that curtain, there.
Speaker 2: Was nothing coming out of my body but blood up until that point.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, it went into a medical issue. But before you went to the hospital, quick.
Speaker 2: Set, went on stage, got off stage. I've never I felt like I never needed take a shit ever again.
Speaker 1: Isn't that funny?
Speaker 2: Surely, honestly, if you're having any consumpation issues, get a late night set.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you weren't. I mean, for whatever, when did your nervousness leave you? Would you say? Because you did not seem nervous at all to me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, during that So I was nervous that whole time. But I think I just I think I'm just high functioning under chaotic situations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you seemed cool as a cucumber to me.
Speaker 2: The more fearful and terrified I am, the more collected and reserved I come off. Yeahich doesn't help if you're in danger, and me having conveyed that to other people, that's right.
Speaker 5: If you ever need people to help you in any way, it's not a good skill to have. But if you ever need to do high pressure comedy sets in front of a very discerning crowd of I think it's roughly three hundred.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's the skill to have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very handy. Yeah, house on fire, you don't want it. But yeah, well, were.
Speaker 3: You public speaking nailed it? Fine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's nervous.
Speaker 6: You were nervous because it was your first time, but also the set you had planned was pretty personal and you knew you were going out on a limb and may were you. How did you feel about that?
Speaker 2: Did you like, I don't mean, you know, some people call me a risk taker, and I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: That's what being.
Speaker 2: I don't know for me. Usually my jokes are my jokes. I don't really think of them as that risk a Uh yeah, I'm and I think I feel like I've surround myself with enough comics and I'm like, these people have fucking massive balls begin mine the board. So I yeah, like everyone's well, like that's That's the one. I really don't know if I can claim is the am I am I taking a big risk? Because I'm like, I've I'm taking a risk, but.
Speaker 1: Not yeah, you weren't doing it on purpose.
Speaker 2: I'm not walking into uncharted territory.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: I just remember before I walked through that curtain, I was wearing this cardigan sweater and at the last minute, I was like, I want to take this sweater off.
Speaker 1: It's too much.
Speaker 6: And the guy that whose job was he's like a grip and he was just there to open the curtain. He's like, you keep that beautiful sweater on and It gave me confidence, and Karen was like texting me and it's like saying reassuring things and get it.
Speaker 1: That really helped.
Speaker 6: Like I went, but once you're out there, it's hard not to until you hear a laugh, it's scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's my big question was when I did to Ocona said, is what does he say to you afterwards? Yeah? And all he did was like, what part of lady you live in is?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Did you like and did you say none of your business, stay away from my home and family?
Speaker 1: Why are you asking for my address right now?
Speaker 3: You drive by my house? Get away?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, that's uh, that's yeah, it was. But I think for me, I didn't realize how short of a walk it is from your green room to behind the curtain.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's like it's like, oh, like the second you get behind the curtain, you're going to start within ten seconds. Yes, And that's like I'm like, oh my god, you should always have to be ready. But like I had, I knew how long it was going to take. I just for some word reason, I was like, I think I have nine more hours left.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And when you were done, I can't remember did you go sit by him or did he just walk over to you.
Speaker 2: I did not sit by him. He came to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't think they do that wave over.
Speaker 3: It's the true power mode.
Speaker 1: Yeah didn't.
Speaker 6: It used to mean something where it's like if they wave you over all of a sudden, you didn't know, but you're doing a panel situation.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I've never been invited to the seat.
Speaker 6: So I think that's like I'm thinking of hurtful Carson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'm just thinking of cars.
Speaker 2: Look, I've been told, I've been informed that people get invited to the chair. I've never been allowed.
Speaker 5: Can I just add this that oftentimes the decision of whether or not people get asked to the chair is how how long that show has timed out to the second, because it has to be delivered at say, forty eight minutes and thirty five seconds exactly. So he either does the throw from the desk alone, yeah, or if they have to eat up time, they'll literally do a thing of like and what part of what part of Los Angeles are you?
Speaker 3: You have a second tier question like that.
Speaker 6: That's so funny because in the history of comics, they've all thought it. Oh, this was a decision he made because I've made that. I've made that step in my career.
Speaker 3: I think it did.
Speaker 5: It's a carson like in nineteen eighty one, and I don't I think that ended long ago.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think before they went out, they said, if he likes you, he might wave you over.
Speaker 1: If he doesn't scurry off behind.
Speaker 5: The curtain, if he pulls out a contract, sign it, it doesn't matter what it says.
Speaker 1: If he hits you, say thank you. He's quick to anger.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm just saying it's an opportune time to renegotiate your fee if they asked you to do something extra like sit down on the couch right right, Yeah, you know what I saw my contract. I didn't ask for this.
Speaker 3: Do you have seventy five dollars? Yeah, then fine, I'll do it.
Speaker 6: Sitting down technically sounds like a stunt, so I'm gonna need a stunt rate at it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Oh, sorry, I'm going.
Speaker 2: To say anything.
Speaker 5: I'm not either, I'm interrupting you not to say anything. I was just going to chime in on that idea of the nerves that I have gotten backstage waiting to be walked, like there is this period of time that I feel like it's the most vulnerable I'll ever be, which is when they come to get you out of your room and walk you down the hall, and that time in between where you're just kind of like just a jellyfish and it's all fear and it's going to go wrong and you're trying to anticipate, like how to not fuck this up, and it's such a and you always walk through and there'll be somebody kind of random and great in the green room as you're walked through it, but they're like a good luck and then you're like, now I hate you Ron Howard or whatever. There's all these weird I don't know the times that I've done it, it was such a like I really want this.
Speaker 3: To go well.
Speaker 5: I'm old, like I don't want this to be sad for anybody. I want this to only be like a victory for myself and the audience.
Speaker 3: Like that weird kind of like anything could happen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not at the last man, I'm like, what if I faint and then and they just kind of zoom in on my lifeless body.
Speaker 1: I thought that was an option.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's always a part of me I was like, I'm pretty sure everyone's just working against me here. I. Yeah, I don't know what's gonna They're gonna edit this out.
Speaker 3: Huge cuts in the middle of your set.
Speaker 2: Huge.
Speaker 1: Who was the guest that night? Did you interact with him?
Speaker 2: I didn't interact with It was Terry Crews, who left right after he went on, and another it was a scientist of some sorts that I couldn't remember at the moment. And then Adam Sandler filmed the segment for a future episode. Uh, so he was just he was there to film a segment. So I actually he came by and said, and he said, any complimented my set?
Speaker 3: What do you say?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: He just he told me he loved it and he thought it was amazing and I and I tried to and I was just I was just so flustered that he even came by.
Speaker 5: So you screamed, get out of my get out here.
Speaker 1: Won't you up your own green room, Billy Madison.
Speaker 2: Don't touch my melons?
Speaker 6: I he yeah, he's a sweet person.
Speaker 1: He's always been nice when I've seen him. That's so good.
Speaker 5: That's such a cool compliment and so like such the perfect person where it's like oh kind of the face of comedy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Cool, such like just like the last like the last person you kind of expect to be there. That's you're one of your idol. You's like, oh okay, this is yeah, but you're here, and now I feel good about everything I've ever done and you might as well. You might as well have just sound just like my dad and say I'm proud of you. And then oh.
Speaker 1: My my.
Speaker 6: The night I data was ice Cube and Wayne Gretzky, and ice Cube was much more approachable and friendly than Wayne Gretzky.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I love ice Cube. Yeah, I love him. Did you talk to him?
Speaker 1: No? I just said hi, and then I think I said have fun and he was like you too. I said have fun. I don't know. I want him to have fun.
Speaker 3: He deserves to have fun.
Speaker 1: Like are we having fun yet? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And two I thought it was are we there yet?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: But also the old script says dot dot to have fun?
Speaker 5: Are we there to have fun yet? One of my best celebrity dreams. And I'm sorry this is definitely boring, but I'm saying anyway, one of my best celebrity dreams.
Speaker 3: I woke up and I had you know.
Speaker 5: Like if you look at a Patagonia catalog, every once in a while, they'll show you people who are like camping on the side of a cliff, Like literally their tent is shoved into this side.
Speaker 1: Of like half yeah rope and a character.
Speaker 5: No sense in terms of like some yeah that you'd sleep there, maybe rest there, but sleeping. So I had a dream I was in one of those like basically weird hammock tents on the side of a thing, and I was like.
Speaker 3: Now I'm not gonna be able to get down.
Speaker 5: I'm too scared to go up or down, Like how the hell did I get here? And here comes ice Cube in a helicopter from ice Cam recued me off this side of this camping cliff in a helicopter, Like, girl, get in this helicopter.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh my god, you.
Speaker 1: Just watched Triple X.
Speaker 2: He's in the Triple as.
Speaker 5: I can't remember why he was so front of mine for me, but man, it.
Speaker 3: Was a great.
Speaker 5: It's one of those things where I'm like, oh, I didn't realize I'm in love with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I have now two celebrities dreams that shook my dream, and they both turned to werewolves. Every time, and it's Tina Fey and Harriet Winslow and then it started off with Harriet Winslow first, and then Tina Fey got introduced to the Warwld family later.
Speaker 1: On in life, it's a whole family. You have reoccurring werewolf dreams.
Speaker 2: I have recurring dream I actually have. I have my night terrors. Are I jump into lucid dreaming the second I go to sleep. Sometimes, Uh so I have way too many dreams. It's years of dreaming, lifetimes dream and.
Speaker 3: You remember them like they stick.
Speaker 2: With Yeah, yeah, because I actively try to get out of them because I literally am in that in dream sleep the second I like close my eyes and then it's like and then I've learned a bunch of tricks, like I trip over stuff because I have to get you out that because makes my leg jerk in real life and it wakes me up.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, So in your dream you conjure a trip situation so you can get up.
Speaker 1: You trick yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the thing with lucid dreaming sometimes because people are like, oh it's great, I'm in control of my dream, but also your subconscious is hanging out, throwing out whatever random thought it wants to be like, oh, I'm having a sex dream, and it's like, but what what if it's your dad? And like why did you have to say that?
Speaker 3: Where's a table leg I can trip over? It's the out of here.
Speaker 1: That's so wait?
Speaker 5: Can I ask? I'm sorry to ask this. Who Harriet Winslow is? Do?
Speaker 1: I know? I didn't know either.
Speaker 2: I just I just was quite Harry Winsow from from Family Matters. Yes, now I don't know exactly who you're talking about.
Speaker 1: You meant.
Speaker 2: Now I want to know what hard you think I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: I immediately Harriet Winslow sounded like the lead singer of a really cool band.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, the lead singer of the Sundays.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's Harry Harriet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's very close.
Speaker 5: Yeah Winslow turning into a werewolf. That is amazing perfect.
Speaker 2: She would always plea playing the role of my mother. Also as there's a role of my mother, she plays my mother in my dreams every time.
Speaker 3: That's starcastic.
Speaker 6: Do you ever have those dreams where you're not in them and know one you know is in them? They're literally actors whose face as you've conjured, and you're just watching a boring movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, well I'm actually when a pretty entertaining.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had this whole alien colony dream once and it's like fifty years of it. Yeah, it's my brain is wild, but that's its own.
Speaker 1: I never remember him.
Speaker 6: But sometimes I do have good dreams, and I feel like there's good ideas in there. And for the longest time I was trying to write them down. I had a pad of paper and a pencil right by my bed so I could immediately write them down, but I would always forget right when I went to write. I never remembered dreams until Quarantine started. And now I'm having vivid dreams that I remember. And I'm not sure why that is.
Speaker 2: You're your traumatized, is what's going on.
Speaker 1: And it's been great for my good news.
Speaker 5: You're traumatized, so sure, it's so scared processing huge shrinks at all times.
Speaker 2: He was upon a time you didn't have enough cares to want to remember a dream.
Speaker 6: But now right right, I want them to replace reality. Yeah, my buddy Jim got Jim Hamilton has an app that I think he got it because he wanted to find out if he was snoring or at sleep apnea and didn't know until this recording of his sleep that he full on yells and has full conversation.
Speaker 1: Wow, and it's his birthday.
Speaker 6: That's why I was here in Santa Barbara and I slept in the next room. He got a suite with like a door, and he has having full I woke up to him just trying to barter with someone in a marketplace.
Speaker 1: Or something like. It's having a full I've never have you ever talked or slept walked either of them?
Speaker 2: No, I'm pretty like the thing is that That's why I trip myself because if I move in my sleep, yeah, actively awake to move. That's why my arms gets really like I get dead arms so often because I have to wake myself up to churn. So yeah, I'm like a burger. I have to flip myself a.
Speaker 3: Way to do it, and you're out the whole time.
Speaker 5: I definitely talked in my sleep, and I've always had reports of saying weird stuff or like doing a lot of like giggling to myself that week.
Speaker 3: Is very sinister.
Speaker 5: I would scare me several complaints about that where I'm.
Speaker 2: Like giggling, yea, yeah, that's horrifying. I know I giggled my brothers at night when we would share a room. I would do like a really terrifying baby could go its like across the room and it's like.
Speaker 6: Oh a little hot, and it was okay, show my hands bed. Weadders just kidding. I Oh, no, Karen, if that was a legitimate I didn't mean to take away from you.
Speaker 1: Finally talking about this.
Speaker 5: Up until I was like, up until it was like slumber party, the beginnings of slumber parties. And then my mom we talked about this. My mom did this amazing trick where she handed me. It was a glass that only had like a quarter of an inch of cranberry juice in it. And I was right before I was supposed to go to bed, and she goes, drink this, and you won't want the bed.
Speaker 3: It's a new trick we're trying.
Speaker 2: And I was like.
Speaker 5: Really, And then I did it and I didn't want the bed, and she completely mind fucked me into not doing it because I was so nervous about my friend's birthday party. I'm like, I'm gonna wet my sleeping bag and all these girls are going to make fun of me.
Speaker 2: It's almost likes yeah, that's brilliant.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is amazing.
Speaker 6: I've done the opposite that Solomon does in his dream where I'm like, I've had vivid oh my god, I can't stop peeing dream where I'm just letting it go, and when i wake up, I'm like, well, for sure, that was my first bed weather and nods a duria as a potato chip.
Speaker 2: I'm not. My brothers, both my younger brothers were bed weathers until a bad age until and one of them when he like he got to the point like because he was afraid of the hallway so he was getting up to go to pee, would and said he would because he was too afraid, he would just pee under my bed, So like I would, I would Like I remember one Sunday, I just went to grab my church shoes from under my bed and just this wall of old urine smell overpowered me.
Speaker 3: As far as he can make it, I have any further.
Speaker 6: One time my friend got up in the middle of the night and he was snoring and walking, which is that's true sleepwalking, and he he.
Speaker 1: Was there was a pile of his clothes.
Speaker 6: They were clean, but he had unfolded him and he started peeing on his clothes, and I was like, what are you doing? And he kind of woke up and he's like, I'm in the bathroom and I'm like and I just said, oh, yeah, you are continue and I just watched him pee on his own clothes. I gave him permission, and he was very upset with me. But it's not like it was my.
Speaker 3: Idea tell him to stop drinking so much.
Speaker 1: It was that that, yeah it is. Yeah, we were very dark.
Speaker 3: Yeahs yeah, oh man, that's the.
Speaker 5: I've told this story millions of times, but it's one of my favorites because it was the year that I flunked out of college and I had to move back to my parents' house. And immediately my mom's like, the countdown begins and you're kicked out in a year, so get your shit together. I've never felt so unwelcome in my life. And then one night, me and my sister and some people that we went to high school with who also had already graduated, went out to the woods in somewhere in like Heilsburg. And then it was a keger out in the middle of the woods, which is super fun. But then the guys that were seniors when I was a freshman. So at this point they're probably twenty one, because I'm like nineteen, I guess, are there old twenty three? They're like Karen Kmre and they have a bottle of Yegermeister and they're like, this is this new stuff, So this is like, you know, nineteen ninety and they're like, you will believe this shit. And we just start passing around this bottle of Yegermeister. And I took it as such a compliment that like, I was a girl that would get picked to get pulled into the Yogermeister. So pretty except for you know, then cut to I'm so shit faced. Things are just coming in like memory polaroids because I was so drunk.
Speaker 3: I go home and I.
Speaker 5: Wet the bed, wake up in the middle of the night and like, oh my god, and I have.
Speaker 3: To go downstairs and sleep on the couch.
Speaker 5: And so then at like seven thirty in the morning, my mom comes downstairs and I hear her like shuffle into the kitchen and I open one eye from the couch and she's standing in the kitchen staring me, and she goes, you at the bed.
Speaker 3: She just turned around and.
Speaker 6: You at the beat to let you know in case there was another reason you were sleeping on the couch.
Speaker 3: It's just like, if you don't feel enough like a.
Speaker 5: Loser being here at your parents' house at age twenty, guess what else?
Speaker 3: Guess what else just happened that you might not realize.
Speaker 2: Luckily, for me, I've been so consistently dehydrated that there doesn't come out that my body clings to whatever liquid I allow it to have.
Speaker 6: I feel like I've brought this up on this podcast as well. But what is the movie where the kid becomes a runner because he's running home to take down the sheets that.
Speaker 3: He Michael Landon. It's Michaelden's life story.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's his real life, the actor Michael Landon's story.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, he was a paw on Little House on the Prairie. This very before your time and very of my time. And he, Michael Landon was like the what Aaron Spelling?
Speaker 3: What's the current?
Speaker 5: The Darren Star, the whatever Ryan Murphy of the late seventies, and so like Little House on the Prairie was the hugest show, and he was the executive producer.
Speaker 3: And so then they made his life story and.
Speaker 5: A huge part of his childhood was he had an abusive mother who would hang his pea sheets out the window so all the kids could see them, thinking that would get.
Speaker 3: Him to stop putting the bed.
Speaker 5: It's so he would run home from school and he was the fastest runner in his school because he had to beat everyone to his house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to pull the sheet. It's so funny.
Speaker 6: I just made up that it was a show about Prefontaine or something.
Speaker 1: It was about.
Speaker 3: It's very much like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would become the if I wasn't the fastest runner, I would be the fastest runner.
Speaker 6: Right, And that is the most abusive mom thing to do is hang your piece sheets to embarrass you like.
Speaker 5: That can teach you like that works, like wouldn't wouldn't know one? What the bet if that was a solution?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we all know, just a thimble of cranberry jews and intense ic contest. Yeah yeah, yeah, no blinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know what if she didn't do that, would we have highway to heaven? So I don't know, right right, always a lesson. I'm so glad you brought up that show. I've been watching it.
Speaker 1: It's on. Uh, it's still good.
Speaker 6: That's the first time I remember looking over and seeing my dad cry.
Speaker 1: His mouth would be open.
Speaker 6: Uh, that's how he tried not to cry, just open his mouth and keep his eyes wide because there was kids with cancer and was falling out. It was a heavy show. There was a lot going on. And uh and Victor Schwe French, they were such a sweet friendship and uh. We were not a religious family at all, and that was as close as my dad also got to spiritual. Is one to watch Highway to Heaven every week? Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: It was very Christian.
Speaker 6: It was very it was but they called him the boss and they'd be like, oh you like it was a fun relationship with God.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the lighter side of God.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Actually yeah, he redescribed us.
Speaker 2: They both angels. I'm trying to remember if they were both.
Speaker 6: Victor French was just a guy that I think in the pilot episode, which I've watched recently, I should haven't memorized. He was in a bar fight ship and Michael Landon was just passing through like the highwayman that he was, and he he broke up the fight and got Victor French to stop drinking and then said, hey, why don't you.
Speaker 1: Be my best friend? To travel across the country with me.
Speaker 6: I think initially the plan was to take him to the edge of town or to every clinic.
Speaker 3: But they became a psychiatric hospital.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they became I mean they had a bunk bed together or they just drove. They never slept, They just drove in that silver El Dorado or whatever it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, but I did see the origin story. I did. I never knew that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Victor French was a hitchhiker and then in real life and drunk. They died within months of each other, did they?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, Victor French died after uh Michael Land and I think Or.
Speaker 2: Died of complicated HIV.
Speaker 1: I think it was.
Speaker 6: It was his hair. They cut his hair. All his power came from his hair, and he had this long lots.
Speaker 1: Of his hair.
Speaker 3: You're thinking of tangled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's different.
Speaker 3: That's a different TV.
Speaker 6: Oh, yes, yes, yes, speaking of yes, yes, yes, the other steady view.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You cut your hair, you lose your power and your will to live.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But they were like good friends, and they were in I mean, Victor French was in I think Highway to Heaven two or Bonanza, like they were in many.
Speaker 2: They were both on Yeah, they were both in the little house and the prairie together.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then for them to die within months or weeks of each other. It's like a couple dog like when a dog dies and the other do or people. It really made me sad.
Speaker 2: I would actually expect that of all of my friends.
Speaker 3: That's such a nice way to say you're my best friend.
Speaker 2: It is the least you can do is also die I die.
Speaker 1: The most Deltish thing you could do is keep on living.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really honestly, for your best friend dies, yeh.
Speaker 6: Way to let them know from above where they're hanging out with the boss that you never cared, not at all.
Speaker 1: You're just eating a sandwich the next gang.
Speaker 3: Would you say?
Speaker 5: Is there a TV show like Chris's Had Highway to Heaven to help him get through the pandem? Is there a certain TV show or thing you like entertainment, piece of entertainment that you return to time and again for your sanity.
Speaker 2: Family Matters maybe I Well, Family Matters is a show that I will always love because of the show that jumped the shark within the first two episodes.
Speaker 3: And they sold out immediately.
Speaker 2: If you just like that, whenever the show jumps a shark is one to show becomes genuinely fun, like it becomes it becomes anything happens, and there's it's like there's no reason for anything. And I think I have fun watching those shows. Most people don't, but those people have no taste.
Speaker 1: What was the shark jumping in family Matters that they that's the introduction of Steve Kle.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: Right, the show was supposed to be about the Winslow family from the from the viewpoint of Harriet Winslow, because she was actually it was a spin off of Perfect Strangers. Her character was on Perfect Strangers.
Speaker 6: Oh I didn't realize though, Okay, and Steve Verkle tested so well and then it became about this kid, and it's just it was like the first because that's then then it became a there was a robot arkle, there was a myrtle erkle, there was a it was all this.
Speaker 2: It was all insanity.
Speaker 6: After that, I didn't watch it a lot, but I do remember the episode where he became smooth and cool Stefan. He was like, he became like this handsome, cool kid, and I loved it.
Speaker 2: It's Sefana kill it, but also his his almost played by Donna Summers Uh, Luna from Altoona, who spoke very quietly and whispered until it was time for her to sing in her Donna Summers voice, and that was the best. But I went I bet. Actually, I just finished ree watching Cheers Uh and Taxi, and I'm now back into Designing Women, so I'm watching. I love sitcoms.
Speaker 6: Those three shows are just solid joke after solid joke. I need to revisit Designing Women. That's anything, Andy Potts, I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Julius sugar Baker has probably the best move lost ever written.
Speaker 1: Yes, sugar Baker, I forgot that was her name.
Speaker 2: It's the best her The Lights Go Down that's the night the Lights went Down in Georgia's Beach is the second episode too. It's one of the greatest pieces of writing in history.
Speaker 3: It's true.
Speaker 5: She would always, like, you know, whenever it was like I guess it would be the bottom of VAC.
Speaker 3: Two usually or whatever.
Speaker 5: Before the resolve, Julie would step forward. She was like the original social justice warrior. She would step forward and just be like, I would like to point out right now and you know the lesson we're all learning right here. And then put it in very fine, put a fine point on it.
Speaker 2: It was Shakespearean. It's like, that's at that point where they do that too, is it the sonotymous chorus. Yeah, yeah, it's just it's masterful. Yeah, it's like we're just gonna let this Southern woman be cutting as fuck for the next three minutes with no no pause or even a breath.
Speaker 1: I got at Star War.
Speaker 6: I loved it when I was so good, but I didn't I even't even thought about designing women for years.
Speaker 2: It's the cast is so amazing. Jean Smart, any Pods Heltberg, It's just like they're all stunning.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Like, Jeane Smart's the best, She's funny.
Speaker 5: She's so legend. I loved watching her just get part after part after part.
Speaker 3: When that show ended.
Speaker 2: And her parts were never the same, it was so like I I think it's she doesn't give enough, like her role in the Brady Bunch movie as the promiscuous neighbor that's trying to get a piece of Mike Brady. It's really.
Speaker 1: So good.
Speaker 5: I think I haven't watched Taxi in a while, but I think that might be my one of my number one childhood shows. The from the opening theme to that vibe where I was like, this is what it's like deliver in New York, you know, like a taxicab garage and with mechanics.
Speaker 3: I just loved the whole.
Speaker 5: You know. It was just very like scenes from a Italian restaurant, Billy Joel type of vibe where you're just like, yeah, adults working out their problems.
Speaker 1: Totally.
Speaker 6: That's how I got from here. Old Street Blues I don't even remember. Yeah, that the cop show. It that was the grittiest part of my life is just watching that show over my dad's shoulder.
Speaker 1: I don't think I was allowed the gun and play.
Speaker 3: They made good TV.
Speaker 5: You know what else is GOODA Sorry, I just saw trailer for this because I just started following the Twitter feed the silver Age of television, and so they keep tweeting old promos for old shows, and there was a promo for Cagney and Lacy that was so ridiculous. But that is an amazing show to dive back into Cagny and Lacey and the streets of San Francisco.
Speaker 2: I remember that's Michael Douglas, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Michael Douglas and Carl Malden.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michael Douglas in that. I think that was a crush me remembering a crush now because Michael Douglas in that was hot as hell.
Speaker 3: Hot as hell, and I think he was the EP or something.
Speaker 1: I don't even remember. I have no I have no memory of that.
Speaker 2: It's like nineteen late seventies.
Speaker 5: I think at mid to late seventies, I would say, because there was from my memory. Definitely could be wrong, but there are so many long car chases that that almost are like real time cars. Suddenly you're like out in the car and they're going over this hill.
Speaker 3: Then the second car comet. They take their time. It's a full hour.
Speaker 2: They do like a full pause in the middle of a scene. I don't know if it's like like the way they cut into the commercials so abrupt yep, and then and then then they like you show up where it's pause, and then they play again. You're like, Okay, are we watching it from.
Speaker 3: Your are you holding the remote for me from inside?
Speaker 2: The scene going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so good, I'm gonna I'm gonna. Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's there's something comfortable about watching these old shows because they're familiar from your childhood, but also it's fun to find out what was good or well written because other stuff you revisit it and it's like, oh my god, this is the worst.
Speaker 2: Yes. Well, Also, you realize how like insanely talented people are in sitcoms like that, Like the cast of all these sitcoms. You're like, these are people that are just that went and launched. Like for exactly, Taxi is like, oh, three of like three, four or five the greatest comedians of all time all happen to be in one show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I got a star watching Taxi. I've never really I've never really watched it.
Speaker 2: Ria Proman appears in it as Danny DeVito's character's girlfriend, and the acting those two, I don't know why don't they've not done enough stuff together, because the way they play off of each other is some of the best.
Speaker 6: Maybe they weren't a couple yet and there was some like there was like some anticipation, you know, some rocks and Rachel shit no stage.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, when you see them together, it's the funniest thing where it's just like it's almost like I bet they both were like, yeah, I guess we have to be ya. Like, no matter what the chemistry is or anything. It's just like we have to.
Speaker 6: A few years ago they tried to break up, remember, and really I didn't hear that part.
Speaker 2: Well, they're separators now. I don't think they're together anymore, but they're they're still very good friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they have to be. They have to be.
Speaker 3: If you're the following this, you've been tracking this relationship.
Speaker 2: I just dand Vito and Ria Perlman are just a thing that I want to be just I want to know what's going on with them and at all times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Solomon, have you ever watched w krip and since now?
Speaker 2: Of course, yes, Okay.
Speaker 3: I love that show.
Speaker 5: If you're in for the sitcom of that era, that one is a great one.
Speaker 2: Also aesthetically, it's everyone looks amazing in that show, Like it is the most visually pleasing seventy show. Like it's so every like I want to I want every outfit from every gender in my closet from entirely.
Speaker 3: It's so true.
Speaker 6: There was a guy named less Nessman on that Yeah, it's all I remember.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back with more music and less ness Men. That's amazing lines on that show.
Speaker 6: And I don't think I ever watched Cagney and Lacey, but I remember in the beginning there's a clip where Cagney goes to Lazy, you.
Speaker 1: Gotta go out there. You gotta tell them the truth. That's all I want to know that, And I think that was enough as a kid. I was like, I don't know if this is for me. Yeah, I gotta go back. I gotta go back.
Speaker 5: It's you know, time daily, just as we would all guess. But she's acts her ass off in that show, and it's really delightful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she's she is great.
Speaker 2: I was. I also watch Alice a little bit of Alice recently, and that one is a fun like I'm just on my way to Hollywood, but I decided to stop in this town instead and become a waitress. And that is like they just needed the flimsiest idea, and they made a whole ten ten seasons of a show for it.
Speaker 1: Is that is that kiss my Grits?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, and Kiss my Grits.
Speaker 5: So it was like Alice was a single mother and a divorce a who wanted to be an actress, but now she's going to be a waitress. Then there was vera she was nervous. Then she was a smart mouth, and then there was mel and he was a slob. And what's really simple?
Speaker 6: Was the spin off One Day at a Time or what with Snyder? Or are those unrelated?
Speaker 5: It's I think the same. I think it's Neil the legendary Norman Lear.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Norman le.
Speaker 2: Right, Alice Normally? I know One Day at a Time is Norman Lear. I'm not too sure if Alice is. I can't remember.
Speaker 5: Wow, I mean, Steven, would you help us out? That's but I'm guessing it. But it's because maybe it's because all this they all use the same font, that gold that gold collect capital looking font.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, era of TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but with the curly cue.
Speaker 2: Alice was created by Robert Gotchell.
Speaker 3: Oh no, Norman Lear as an executive producer.
Speaker 1: I don't see him anywhere on here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say so, they would tell you right off the bat.
Speaker 6: It turns out I don't remember my child. But that's what that means.
Speaker 3: I think I thought Normally made every show on TELEVI.
Speaker 2: He what he did for a solid decade.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's true.
Speaker 2: And I would watch everyone. I think that's that's probably should be the next library I break back into it's a Norman Lear library because it's the best one.
Speaker 6: What do you what do you want to do other than much TV? Once it's all are you vaccinated and ready to get out of him?
Speaker 2: I am vaccinated. It was part of the clinical trial.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, congratulations, that's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I sacrificed my body for science. Of course you did selflessly. Well, it's it wasn't that selfless. I had selfish reasons.
Speaker 6: Uh, and then it has it been a couple of weeks, like I could you?
Speaker 1: No, I got?
Speaker 2: I got. I got the shots back in October of last year, in October because I was in the actual trials trial.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: And I was unblinded because it was it's a blind study, so I didn't know if I was a placebo or not. I'd say two months ago. I kind of knew based on my reaction.
Speaker 1: Sure, but that would be a disappointing reveal.
Speaker 6: It's like, no, we just put a little poison in there, so you get that would step not least sugar water, otherwise.
Speaker 3: Sugar water and a little chlorox.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, so thank you for but no. If the thing is that if you when they unblind you, that you do give you the vaccine if they give you the placibo.
Speaker 6: I'm blinding. What a curious phrase. I mean, I get it, but.
Speaker 3: But you were right. You were right and guessing that Yeah I was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't have reacted, like, but the thing is that people can react to placebos, but I could tell the genuine body reaction. Uh yeah, no, I'm vaccinated with the Maderna vaccine. Ye. And it's it's like showing up to a party six months before your friends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, the house, do this thing.
Speaker 1: Let's do this thing. Be sure and try the dip. Oh is it gone?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Is it rotten?
Speaker 2: Are you ready to go?
Speaker 6: Are you starting to think about booking work, getting back to doing real stand.
Speaker 1: Up or are you I guess yeah, you know me too.
Speaker 2: I go back, like I got to sit down for a year and realize life is long.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's true though, stand up will always be there for us.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, especially when now like I'm now at the end of my thirties and at no one at the place mentally where I'm like, oh, it's not like these goals are kind of pointless. You just have to keep on living. So yeah, just work with stuff you want to work on, and if you get a thing, you get a thing. If you don't get a thing, you don't get a thing. And then you go on to the next day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then maybe then you get a thing. There's always a thing.
Speaker 2: There's always a fucking thing. And it's true. It's really the issue. It's you keep living and there's always going to be a fucking thing.
Speaker 5: Then you kind of spread it out a little bit and you're like, I could get this thing over here, I could get one of these things too. I'm good at that as well, and then you kind of like, then you have a nice repertoire, and then you get more things because you can do more things.
Speaker 2: A multifaceted, multi talented, multitasking multi hyphen.
Speaker 1: The third.
Speaker 5: I think in the early days, my mind used to pronounce your name Solomon Gregorio and I'm sure I said that in front of Guy Bronham one time and then I say, Brandam, yeah, yeah, yeah, and then he was like, who are you talking about. I think that's how I remember it, but.
Speaker 2: It's I I feel like, I think my name is easy pronounce, but then I see that it throws some people off sometimes, and I'm fine with that. I'm like, I'm also of the school of im if you get close, I'm happy.
Speaker 1: I just knew a guy named Mario.
Speaker 6: It's not any to correct you if you said Mario, which I don't think he does anymore. But it was Mario did Georgio, And so for a long time I put a d I called you did Georgio?
Speaker 1: And so have you ever heard me? Do that?
Speaker 6: Know that it came from a place of a friend that I love, and I'm just confusing you for this this other friend I love.
Speaker 5: I love.
Speaker 2: I love how you apologize for the possibility that I might have heard you do with thing that I did not catch.
Speaker 1: You until now, and i'd tell you I did it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said, he doesn't care.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm gonna keep digging it. I'm so sorry I called you Solomon to Georgio. It doesn't even roll off the tongue. And had you heard me, you would have been offended.
Speaker 2: I assure you I would not have. I am.
Speaker 6: You gave me a look. I knew what's acknowledged. I knew I blew it. It was three years ago. We were at Tenants of the Trees.
Speaker 2: If you remember my my opening set, if I remember my credits. It's it's I'm the toughest skin in comedy. Uh, that's what I make people say every time.
Speaker 3: Yet they changed from clubs and colleges. I didn't know.
Speaker 5: I didn't the thickest skin in comedy stand in comedy. That's right, you know him.
Speaker 1: Yet somehow the most blemish free.
Speaker 2: I free to heckle.
Speaker 1: Great skin. You can't hear it on the podcast, but Solomon ads great skin.
Speaker 2: Well if they can feel it?
Speaker 3: Yeah in your voice.
Speaker 5: What's a what's a place that you have fantasized about going back to once everyone does have the vaccine, like in a group setting, in a group setting.
Speaker 2: I got Acbar's.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Acbar is my favorite bar. It's my favorite place to be drunk and make unwise decisions.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: And it was also a place where me and my friend who's no longer here, Richard Bain, went to all the time. Yeah, and we haven't said, I haven't been since his passing. So I want to just go and uh get it over with ye, say goodbye to that monster, and then go on about my day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's been it's probably still closed. It's been closed.
Speaker 2: It is, Yeah, it is. I there's been a fundraiser to keep it open. But yeah, it's just it's it's just the right amount of dive bar but it still plays.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: It has the best chickbox.
Speaker 1: As Yeah, it really has a good box.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I like doing stand up in that side room with the archways, and it's.
Speaker 3: The best room.
Speaker 2: It's just it's a nice cal It's like it's like a bar that can get busy but still has the low keyness of a diabar that you can appreciate. And that's why I love it, and i want to go back so badly. And I'm afraid that every other bar is going to open that I don't want to go to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, except for the one you want to go to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'll go there too. I'm I'm I live in that area now.
Speaker 6: I spent so many years in Venice, but now I'm right near acbar.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: I always wanted to go there for one of their dance nights because I've only been there for the comedy and then that like afterhang but like.
Speaker 1: Karen, that back room.
Speaker 2: I'll take you to a dance night.
Speaker 3: Yes, let's do it.
Speaker 6: I'm the surprise, Karen. I'm very surprised to hear you want to go to a dance night at acbar.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm not saying I'm not shy or that I don't have body horror, but at the same time, I like to have a good time.
Speaker 1: I found that.
Speaker 4: Room is perfectly dark and mysterious. They have a fog machine most of the time. No fog machine, just smoking up the room. So and it's like it's a nineteen nineties level of fog machine where you can't barely see in front of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it might be toxic. I had that taste.
Speaker 2: Oh that's that's That was my favorite part of the late nineties early two thousands is the aggressive use of fog machines. The clubs now don't effectively use it up to the standard that I was used to, which is small space, no windows in my face.
Speaker 1: Fill it.
Speaker 6: I did it the first and maybe last time I headlined the improv. They had a fog machine on hand right, brought one, and it's just whenever a joke didn't go well, it had a foot pedal and it would just make this sound and the fog just go in my face and I just kindacted like it was annoying.
Speaker 1: But it was for me. I love a good fog machine.
Speaker 2: Oh it's it's unnecessary, but it's so fun. It's like, I'm I've never really been in a place mentally where I'm in a space thinking, you know what, the needs mystery and the inability to see and yes, but yet I don't walk away from one when it's available to me, So I yeah, I think, yeah, that's that's like. It's it's such a it's such a perfect remnant of the nineties and two thousands, and I kind of and that's why I love going acbark, But it's perfectly nineteen ninety nine to two thousand and three in there.
Speaker 6: All times, it really will be a fun thing to just dance in a room, something I'm hesitant to do, but I know that I like watching dancing. Like when Biden won and the bottom of my street on Sunset just became a dance party, and I just stood in a doorways stoop, kind of scared someone would breathe on me or whatever. But I watched people dance with a creepy smile for like an hour and a half. It was like the most joyful just because you haven't even seen people be next to each other.
Speaker 1: But dancing. I miss it too. I want to dance. I want to be I.
Speaker 2: Don't have to dance, I just want to. I want to hear the top forty jams of the early aughts. Uh yes, sumping Riana, Rihanna, Rihanna, Rihanna, mo Rihanna, then a Brittany song, then and Rihanna again.
Speaker 5: It's a fog and maybe there's indoor smoking that you're not supposed to be doing, but there's so much fog from the fog machine it doesn't matter. Wow, Like almost like people dancing like it's a job, like they just got to do it.
Speaker 2: I love that when somebody walks away from the dance floor and their song that they like plays and they just obligated to churn around, Like Yeah, I was gonna stop dancing, but.
Speaker 3: Now umbrellas on and I'll never hear it again.
Speaker 2: This will be the last time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that will be a specific thing to enjoy watching my movement.
Speaker 2: I want to do karaoke again. I want to do Yes. It's a disgusting, gross habit that I am with you. I should never have participated in to begin with. It was terrible when I first did in the nineties, but I still love it with my whole heart. I just love karaoke. I'm not a singer at all, but if I can the beauty, if I can, I mean to endure it.
Speaker 6: I've watched enough TikTok karaoke that it's like I'm constantly reminded that I did actually like it.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 6: It's a guilty pleasure of mine as well. They had it at the Halloway and I was going I was going there a lot, and I had my songs and I go listen in the bathroom and I didn't know anyone there. That's when you know you're kind of getting serious when you go alone to work on your own, to work on your song and I go through it in the bathroom and practice singing in the bathroom and be like, Okay, I got it. I know how it starts, and then get it out the song. Oh what was the last I.
Speaker 3: Was getting good at Separated.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but I've been looking for the right words to say that.
Speaker 3: The promise, the promise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I And you know I wasn't just trying just then.
Speaker 6: That was my podcast singing You have a joke singing And when Karen's really singing, it's like, holy shit, you're a professional singer.
Speaker 1: There's that same revelation with me.
Speaker 6: I can kick it up a notch and when there's an audience, it's like, oh my god, is that Chris fair Makeser? Is that the band that sang the promise? Whatever they're called I am.
Speaker 2: I personally have no vocal range, but if I drop into Caribbean accent, the world is my oyster. Hey. And that's why I always sing jump the Line by Harry Belafonte. Yes, that's my go to.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 3: I think that's like an automatic party.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Harry Belafonte music and that kind of like what was this something my dad used to always play?
Speaker 3: Mama, look at Boo boo? You know that song?
Speaker 2: I do not know that song?
Speaker 3: Their mama tell them shut up their mouth. That is their daddy. Oh no, it can't be.
Speaker 5: Ugly, so shut them out the way you never heard that song.
Speaker 2: It's the best.
Speaker 5: It is a real party, like you can practically hear the like the I want to say, the limbo.
Speaker 3: What's the other one where everybody grabs each other's hips.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was like a Kong line vibe of like everybody's like singing and having fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Thank I think I.
Speaker 5: Hated before quarantines or I just wanted to make this. I hated karaoke because I don't drink anymore, But now that it's over, I don't care, and I know how much other people love it and the like the joy of the vulnerability of just doing it and not giving a shit is the fun part.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I want to see that vulnerability. It's same with dancing too. I want to watch people dance that are self conscious about dancing and maybe aren't good at it, and I want to see them go for it and.
Speaker 3: I want to see them leave it on the floor. You want to see them.
Speaker 2: Get it knowing that's it. Those are two places where you can see the expectation is that you shouldn't have to be good. If there was a profess If somebody doing a professional dance routine in the middle of a dance floor, what nerve?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Dare you go to Barney's Ganery.
Speaker 6: A friend of mine host to karaoke there years ago, and it was it was American Idol contestants like yes, there were professionally good at singing, showcasing hoping someone would come in and Yeah, we're way more annoying than someone's voice cracking at a bowling alley.
Speaker 2: Harry, Yeah, Like, you have a great voice, but if you have the confidence of somebody with a great voice, get the fuck out of here. Yeah yeah, gross.
Speaker 3: Don't you know what that looks like from out here? No one wants it.
Speaker 1: And I do it right.
Speaker 6: When I know I'm doing well at a song, I'm still looking at my shoes, like in an awe Shuck's way. I don't act confidence. I'm like, what did I just sing that?
Speaker 2: Like it?
Speaker 5: You have to get the bar behind you by not going like I also work at Universal Studios. Like, there's no fun in the girl that was always the lead in every musical in her high school singing because that girl's never stopped singing her whole life. Yeah, there's no vulnerability to it. She's truly going, like, no one will pay attention to me. I do this on the bus, please. But then there's the other people are like, oh, I had to do five shots, but now I'm going to do this song, and then they're just giving it. They're all yeah, and it's a real passion moment.
Speaker 1: It's got to be strangers for me. Though I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't understand where it's a room of your close friends and you sing to your friend that or you're family.
Speaker 1: It's weird to me. It's strangers only private room.
Speaker 2: Karaoke is with your Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm not I will participate, but my joy is subjugating people I've never seen before.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Perfect, Yeah, And that's what I want to do with stand up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a strange comedy is singing like I definitely because well, well stand up. I I'm not as forgiving to myself as I am with karaoke. So that's why I love Carrio.
Speaker 1: Oh sure karaoke.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh you didn't hit the note. Fine, yeah, you didn't nail that song. Who cares?
Speaker 3: Who cares?
Speaker 2: And that's why I love having it because it's a just position to my mentality when I do stand up, which is like that joke didn't work, you should go kill yourself in front of.
Speaker 1: Your family, which is how we all feel that.
Speaker 2: Yes. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Also there's a moment where and I haven't done it enough to really have experienced this moment, but I've watched other people experience this moment where it's a regular like there was a bar in that was near the gap we used to work out when I lived in San Francisco. It's called The Mint in San Francisco on the upper marking right, and it's right by the Mint, the actual Mint, and it has an amazing karaoke night.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you went there.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, and I watched a woman sing a dream on by Aerosmith and she blew the fucking doors off the Mint it was and no one saw it coming because she kind of, you know, she didn't look like she wasn't a preiny type. She wasn't a She kind of looked like a plumber, you know what I mean. She was just kind of like whatever. And she didn't have like his fancy outfit on or anything like that. That song started and everyone there was like, oh, like what and the complete like chatty bar turned entirely toward her.
Speaker 3: By the end of that song, people were like screamed. It was one of the.
Speaker 6: Best things I've ever seen, I mean, looking like a plumber. It's it's a It worked for Bruce Springsteen. It's like I'm weird, low key yeah, white T shirt sleeves are alled up basics.
Speaker 2: I am about I would totally watch a documentary about karaoke kj's karaoke jockeys I would like because there they essentially their job is to uh man the knight, deal with people, but most importantly, be the best singer in the room.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, yeah, come in and out and make people feel bad for what they just did by.
Speaker 3: Doing it way better.
Speaker 2: And it's like there's also the power they have where like, you're a good singer, you get to cut and line.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just yeah, and you have to tip them and they wink and stuff, and yeah, it's you should take offense if they decide to sing after you, because that's them trying to clean cleanse the palate.
Speaker 1: Yes, you stunk it up.
Speaker 2: And you should feel good if they go up there and join you on the chorus because they think they've deemed you worthy of their backup vocals.
Speaker 5: Yeah that means that means you're killing it and they're trying to suck up some of your some of the glory you're getting.
Speaker 6: And it's a little awkward when that song isn't a duet, but yes, let them.
Speaker 2: And honestly, that's I have so many friends that that were ajs And comedy has a lot of people in the being KJS and I just I would happily just the day in the life of a Carrio.
Speaker 5: Yes, and kind of like really good stories from the from the karaoke floor, like people that have lost their minds.
Speaker 6: Just to do some studies in this documentary you just decided you're going to make, you should start at karaoke night at oh.
Speaker 2: I would not be a good karaoke host. I would not kJ is not in my nature.
Speaker 5: What if you were the underwriter, so you just make it happen and get all the people there and I.
Speaker 2: I will definitely I will make a karaoke night happen so me and my friends can all harass strangers in an unwanted space.
Speaker 1: That would be kind of a fun thing to have.
Speaker 6: Stand up and then if you stick around, you get to see these comics do karaoke. I know there's a bunch of shows that it's comics singing or whatever. But if the karaoke was just for the fun for the comics to have that, I would love to do a show.
Speaker 2: I would I would do that as well. I would do it, but I wouldn't do the comedy part upfront. I would just do karaoke all night about that.
Speaker 1: I want to tell jokes during the measure breaks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, just pick some queen or like something and then it breaks up like that that has big long instrumentals, so do bits during it.
Speaker 2: There's so many songs that have minute long intros that you can just let out a couple of couple of quick one liners into and then just go right into the song.
Speaker 5: Or like the Laila, that big old break down the mill of Layla that changed the song changes entirely.
Speaker 3: That's when you go into a solid six.
Speaker 1: I love the common I love comedy.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's a there's a better word for it, but oh I can't wait for it to be.
Speaker 2: It's like love Love Bizarre is a twelve minute song, So get the whole. That's right, get the whole, Get the whole late night routine in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but remix of Personal Jesus.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm going to practice my half hour set with Iron Butterfly.
Speaker 1: Thirty eight minutes song.
Speaker 5: Any plan that you make once everyone has their second shot, I'm going to be there for it. Solomon, Yeah, I'd love to be at any event.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will definitely. I'm very excited for everyone to get their second shot. That's truly Wickel.
Speaker 1: I'm going to have a party.
Speaker 6: Karen has promised to have multiple parties, which I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Have a one party at night every night of the week.
Speaker 6: I want to be with friends and that's that's what I'm looking for to the most. And We've talked about it a bunch on here, Karen and I that in the past we had anxiety about going to parties or we just didn't show up, and not anymore.
Speaker 1: I'm going. I'm going I'll all be there, Yes, even if anywhere, even the brained ankle.
Speaker 5: I'm going to be the personnel that has a baggie of drugs.
Speaker 3: Just like, hey, what's it?
Speaker 5: I found this in the bathroom, Like insane, just insane.
Speaker 1: I'm going to become a briefcase with whippets in it.
Speaker 2: Guy, Yes, guys, are just talking about my friends. Now.
Speaker 5: There was a party that we went to, and I think it was at when Cornell lived with like all the boys from Power Violence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had that.
Speaker 5: We remember, Chris, You and I went to that party and we got stoned with Howard Kramer and then we all split up and I ended up talking to somebody I was in such a full on pot panic and I started talking to somebody and uh, it was it was a comic.
Speaker 3: I can't remember his name.
Speaker 5: He started telling me about the intramural soccer league that he belonged to, and I was so afraid of that. I was about to leave the planet. Like I was really in a full I should not have smoked that much thought at a party, and so I was like really, and I kept asking him really detailed questions about his soccer game that was happening.
Speaker 3: I was fucking fascinated.
Speaker 5: By this person, but it was purely just so I wouldn't like my head wouldn't explain it.
Speaker 6: And I was an exercise and really trying to feel normal, and all of a sudden, he thought, you wanted to be on the team.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'll show up.
Speaker 6: Yes if it sounds normal to say that right now on your kids, than I am.
Speaker 2: The amount of times people have come up to me and said, Solomon, there's this one time you told me something really poignant and profound, and I just have to stand there and go. I was rolling my titties off on Mollie and you were the nearest person to me, I am, and that is just the way it is, and I don't remember saying that, But here we are.
Speaker 3: The fun of a party, saying stuff to people.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've shown such interest in things that the next time is like what Like I felt like I was just staring out into nothing, but there was a whole person there that I was talking to specifically about a thing they're going through and I don't recall it at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which is like your own fault of you're going to talk about stuff like that at a party.
Speaker 3: It's like, well, guess what you can't. You might actually get advice, it will help you.
Speaker 5: But for the most part, there's people who are not in their bodies anymore. I don't know why you'd be bringing that ship up.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, I just want people out there to understand that if I'm sweet to you one night, please assume that I'm high out of my mind and I go, I.
Speaker 1: Will be a bitch to you the next day. You knew it.
Speaker 3: I am not coming back to that place of love with you.
Speaker 1: I had a night in question with you, and now I know they're true. Yeah, I knew it.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately about it, I've cut back, so now I'm just so I'm now in a genuinely sweet place.
Speaker 3: We've all been so affected by this.
Speaker 2: I've been doing them. I've been, I've been, I've been. I've been trying to be a sober baby over on these parts. Yeah, in quarantine, in quarantine. Yeah, it's uh, it was. I tried it a little bit. I broke off for a bit because of Richard's death, and now I'm back on it again. Uh. And I'm not hard on myself because it's difficult. But I think the most difficult part of it is that I also I quit smoking. And quitting smoking, Oh man, that is just that's hard. That's not fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I done it. Do you feel better? Look better? Do you feel like you're healthier?
Speaker 2: And like, well, it's hard to measure on me because I'm amazing looking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you already were. Yeah, it was a dumb.
Speaker 6: I asked some questions all the time, Solomon, that was one of them.
Speaker 2: But I definitely it. Feeling better is very true. It's just it's really hard. Like I'm usually a very calm person, So whenever I have the little moments of like sort of mania from not smoking, it's like I'm trying to learn how to process.
Speaker 6: Through those, try the gum yet the gum I'm on the chan text Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah they were.
Speaker 2: They were like Solomon, just be wary, it might give you crazy dreams. And I'm like, Mama, I got I got night tears. I want the material, come on it.
Speaker 1: It made me a sore throat. Yeah yeah, it made my throat sore. That gum. It's powerful. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I never did the gum because I just I feel like the gums and the patches, I've tried them in the before and it just never it doesn't stick because it's not something that it's something that has to do the whole time. And it's like it's just like I just can or I can just grab a cigarette and that makes the most sense, much easier. Yeah, But chantings, it's like the I don't want to advertise without sponsorship, but it's really the cravings are so minimal and I'm not like I would have like before, I would have chewed my arm off and now I'm like, Okay, we're fine.
Speaker 6: And that's the one that ray Liota threatens us with.
Speaker 2: And even though he's never smoked, I believe.
Speaker 6: Yeah that's honestly, Oh really he hasn't He wasn't.
Speaker 2: I don't think he was a smoker. I think that sort of was the thing. I don't remember what it is. I just feel like, but I love that. I love anyone selling a product that they don't really need to use.
Speaker 3: They don't need it all.
Speaker 6: Like Rob Low and it's Atkins Shake. It's like at one point, at one point where you not just a zero body, fat hot dude.
Speaker 1: It's like they were.
Speaker 3: You never once had any weight to lose.
Speaker 6: Well, if I just realized that, why is he the Atkin spokesperson?
Speaker 2: I love that song, Credy.
Speaker 3: He probably has a lot of taxes he didn't pay.
Speaker 2: Oh that's for financial reasons. Okay, he probably had to get the money. But I love I love anyone. So like, I feel like people were mad at Share because she was selling that shampoo in the nineties even though.
Speaker 1: She wore wigs.
Speaker 2: I'm like, so, yeah, yeah, and letter sell the shampoo. You're going to buy the shampoo, aren't you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you not believe she's a panteine girl buy Share a shampoo?
Speaker 2: No one no one's no one's real, no one's using the product on their hair that it's in the thing that they're advertising.
Speaker 5: No ever once who was just saying this thing, and it made me left so hard of how should I'm going to say it and not be able to give credit. But it was just basically we were talking about people that have a ton of things sponsored. Or it was on Twitter and I'm misremembering it as a conversation, but it was someone making the point that Jennifer Aniston is just needs moisture so much because everything was it with Joel Kimbooster, that everything she advertises for is like water moisturizer. It's like a thousand things like conditioner in her shampoo or whatever, like she must be so.
Speaker 1: Dry, she's got great skin. It's it's it's it's extra win.
Speaker 2: Marketing campaign of hydration is so clever because I feel like I have so many things in my house to hydrate me, yet I never feel hydrated. So it's just it's an effective marketing pool because I will be fooled by it every single time.
Speaker 1: You got to get a swimming pool that's Los Angeles.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's impossible to be to feel a corrected, correctly moist.
Speaker 6: Say that that's all everyone favorite word, But there's no other word.
Speaker 2: There was no better one.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to also say hydrate.
Speaker 6: That's what there was the way you enunciated it too, a delivery of mice correctly moist erectly moist.
Speaker 1: I would get there.
Speaker 2: I'm getting that tattooed on my arm. It only shows up when I'm hydrated.
Speaker 3: So you know you can still drinking water for the days.
Speaker 5: Oh there it is, there it is.
Speaker 6: Oh shit, well I got it. Yeah, I gotta get back. I've got to prepare for this litigation here in the Audic.
Speaker 2: Office.
Speaker 3: He only rented it for forty five minutes we workstation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was just for your guys enjoyment. I wish it had been a bigger hit.
Speaker 3: But uh, Solomon, any plugs, any stuff we can look for you upcoming comes Otherwise.
Speaker 2: I will be leaving my house eventually, uh, at some point or another.
Speaker 3: So we'll call it like a fall tour.
Speaker 2: Yeah house. So I live in the Greater Life Sandals area. So if you do see me around, just say hey, Solomon, and that'd be great. I will talk to you. I haven't spoken to anyone very much in the last year.
Speaker 6: And yeah, when we are all doing stand up, when you see that Salomon's in your town, I very much.
Speaker 1: Encourage you to go see him because he's very stand up, very.
Speaker 3: Good stand up comedy.
Speaker 2: I should probably figure out like dates and stuff and like places. Hey, me too.
Speaker 6: I didn't even mean to add that pressure. I don't know either. My guy was like, do you want August. I'm like, that's a long ways away. Maybe I don't know. It's it's impossible to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one day I'll be out there and I'll be Solomon Giorgio then too, and it'll be everywhere, and you're.
Speaker 1: Not going anywhere.
Speaker 3: Until then, we'll be dancing in the acbar back room.
Speaker 5: I can't wait exactly your karaoke The newest tour for all three of us start dancing tours.
Speaker 1: All that part you have been listening to. Do you need a ride? Do they are? Are you leaving? I you wanna way back home?
Speaker 6: Either way, we want to be there, doesn't matter how much baggage you claim, and.
Speaker 5: Give us time and a termino and gay.
Speaker 3: We want to send you off in style. You want to welcome you back home.
Speaker 4: Tell us all about it.
Speaker 2: We scared her? Was it fine?
Speaker 5: Malcorn?
Speaker 6: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 3: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride. Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do me rides? Do you need with Karen and Cress