Speaker 1: This is the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast with on our radio.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, we welcome to the Almost Famous podcast. Today, Ben and I are here to recap episode two of Grant season.
Speaker 3: Hi, Ben, what's up.
Speaker 4: It's a big episode obviously every season. It's where we start to get to know the contestants involved and we start to see maybe some themes that will understand from the Bachelor or wherever the lead is throughout the season. I remember Joey's season, Episode two is where we're really started to go. This guy's got what it takes to be a really good lead. He was listening, he was responding, and the season kind of picked up from episode two. This episode, we were just talking, have a lot of high hopes for the season in front of us. There is some shocking moments that we're going to talk about. One of the most shocking moments I've had in recent history when it comes to eliminations. The other Mark and I don't know listeners argue with us on this. I don't want this to sound like a bashing of the show. We're obviously still into the show when we have a lot of high hopes for us this season, but one of the words I would use to describe this episode specifically was a little cringey. It was had a lot of like dead awkward moments for me.
Speaker 5: There was so many unimportant moments for me.
Speaker 2: You know, I always say, like the moments that make me want to grab my phone and start scrolling.
Speaker 5: I had a.
Speaker 2: Number of those where I was just listening and I was like, this is so inconsequential.
Speaker 4: It felt like, you know, we watched the Bachelor franchise because it is that upper level reality show where yeah, you know, you can fantasize, you can romanticize, you can get hooked into the storylines, and it feels like, in a lot of ways, it's not reality and it isn't right. You're not gonna go on helicopter rides, You're not going to go these fancy dates. You're not gonna have this person show up to a random place and play a private concert for you. A lot of this is all overblown. This episode, I think, almost to me felt like watching a home video.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, okay, wow, I was gonna say we TV, but you just beat it there with the home video.
Speaker 5: It felt really low budget.
Speaker 4: It did okay, so let's dive in and talk about this episode, the good, the bad's the uglies, and why we maybe felt like it missed the mark when it comes to the standard that's been placed for over twenty five seasons on The Bachelor.
Speaker 3: So start at the very beginning.
Speaker 4: The ladies are in the house, they're excited, and we've had enough Grant puns so far to fulfill those quota for the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: And we're still continuing with the that's my husband, that's my husband talk. I still think it's way more this season than ever before.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Parisa gets through this week and Alicia didn't. I'm just discovering this reading out that group list.
Speaker 4: We're going to talk about that in a bit, Ashley. That's obviously one of the most shocking moments for us this season. This is a group date where they're going to play basketball. It makes sense. It's what Grant loves, it's what he did professionally. We knew this was coming. They weren't going to miss the opportunity to do a basketball date. They had the kids involved, which is always a good added touch. However, I felt the kids were underutilized when it comes to their comedic relief, their energy levels, the ways they could almost put pressure on these women a little bit because they ask good questions. I felt like the kids this episode or this date were underutilized, I agree, and almost made it not make sense on why they were there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, that was a point that I didn't think about, but now that you mention it, I agree, because they were really cute when they were fair. The shining moment with them was definitely with Natalie. Was she sat with that girl and what did they even I don't remember what they talked about.
Speaker 3: That girl was like.
Speaker 4: Out of breath and now kind of like calm back down, which was very sweet. It was very much a show of comfort that she knows what she's doing, She's fine in those situations. This date really is marked by the fact that they played basketball. Nobody there as a contestant is extremely good at basketball, but they The whole point of this date I think leads up to the most climactic moment, which is where Zoe steals Grant away from really their only group activity during this date, which is a dunk contest, which could have been funny to watch. I could have seen where it made like decent television to see these women trying some fancy dunks and doing some funny stuff.
Speaker 5: How are they gonna dunk? Is that why it never happened?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, not on ten foot, But Zoe steals grant Away.
Speaker 3: So my first question to you, Ashley as we break this episode.
Speaker 4: Down, is Zoe in the wrong for stealing grant Away in this moment?
Speaker 2: Maybe did it when she did it when she was told to do it.
Speaker 5: I can't get around it.
Speaker 3: But she did.
Speaker 4: She did it, and so it doesn't matter if she was go erst or told hey, this is a good idea.
Speaker 3: She did it. She made the choice to do it, and so was it a good decision?
Speaker 5: No, No, it's never a good decision.
Speaker 2: It's it's a good decision sometimes if you actually is it really ever a good decision?
Speaker 5: Is it really ever?
Speaker 3: I don't think it's a good decision.
Speaker 5: No, I don't think so. I thought that she also seemed so. I don't know.
Speaker 2: When she took up to the roof, I didn't like the way she was talking to him. I can't really describe how she was talking to him, but like it was just like yeah, no, yeah no, And I was just like, God, this is why you stole him to have this kind of conversation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it always shows a little desperation when somebody does something like this. I don't know if it's a bad decision. In two or three weeks, when you're on a group date and you're like, Hey, we haven't had any one on one time. I want to make the effort to get someone on one time with you because it doesn't seem to be happening any other time, and so I am going to ask you to spend some time with me. This on the first group date, when the women are still trying to figure out what and the heck they're doing here and how these things even work. Yeah, it felt like there's only one way this could go, and it would be controversial with the women involved. Now, the controversy is going to happen. Issues are going to happen in the house. That's how the show's set up. But I think a philosophy for most people as they come on the show Kelsey on Joey's season would be a great example of this is, hey, try not to force controversy or try not to allow controversy to slip in. And this interruption feels like it would only go one way with everybody else in the house. And honestly, I don't know if Grant's far enough into it yet, but at some point he'll get there or he should have said no. The reason is it distracts him from the date. It makes everybody stand around for as long as they were away from each other. So it does make the women a little bit upset with him or just not having a good time. And the best thing he has on his side right now, Ashley, is that the women could at least have a good time during these dates. Like that's the one thing he has to his advantage is these dates are going to be set up for everybody to enjoy themselves, and if he loses that, he just has a bunch of bored, angry, confused people.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, the steal that I thought was interesting was later at the cocktail party, Ali Joe did she interrupt? I feel like she was the one that she was like totally done with Zoe and Kauz. Zoe interrupted Juliana, We like Juliana, but Ali Joe.
Speaker 5: Is like, hey, can I can I steal you?
Speaker 2: And then she was like he hesitated, and he was like, I'm going to come back to you. Like he's still into Zoe, doesn't care about any of these interruptions. Yeah, he said, I want to give you the two minutes. You're right, I want to give your last two minutes or something.
Speaker 4: I think Grant's going to be a great bachelor. I think he's a very handsome. I think he's kind. I think he cares. I'd say, if we're at all picking apart his strategy or how he's looking at things right now, I would say his mistake is that he might be too easily swayed by some of these interruptions and that he should have said no to both of these. They're not helpful. Right, You've already had your time. What's going to be said in the next five minute conversation that you have that wouldn't be said already.
Speaker 3: When she stole you?
Speaker 4: And so he needs to, in a sense, manage this thing before it blows up on him, and that every woman in the house is mad at each other or they're mad at Zoe. If he likes her, one of the ways to show that he likes her is to protect her and say, hey, this isn't a good points like, hey, we're good, you're going to be here next week.
Speaker 3: We'll get another week together. It's gonna be fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I'm want to go move and talk to some of the other ladies. He also has some This is the wrong word, but I think it will make sense fighters in the house, meaning they aren't afraid to stand up for what they believe in and what they think is right. And I think we're already seeing that, which is a great quality to a human. It's not a bad quality. But what it does do when you have enough of those and they have a common enemy, it can get very chaotic. Yeah, in the house and on these dates.
Speaker 2: Yes, So we know that Zoe is a fighter. We know Ali Joe is a fighter. Anyone else who's like really sticking out to you. I'm even thinking that Chloe could be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I think Chloe could be. I do think Juliana has a little bit of it in her. And I think we're gonna see, like some of the Baileys of the world stand up at some point. But I think so far what we're seeing is at least we've got a few on this date specifically. Now, honestly, it doesn't matter which team won. One team blew out the other wasn't even a game, which I don't think really mattered when it came to this date at all. It it almost I wish it would have because it would have made this date a little more important, But honestly, it felt like the basketball date, for all they could have done with it, was just a filler in a lot of ways, Like that. Was there anything really that came from that date of importance other than Chloe getting a little bit.
Speaker 3: Of time with him?
Speaker 5: Not really.
Speaker 2: I could it would be nice if he did one on one with both the girls. Yeah, it could have also been like kind of intimates.
Speaker 4: So we're through the first part of the date and we move on to a really beautiful date with Alex. On one date, Alex did receive the first impression Rose, which Commit promised her the first one on one date of the season.
Speaker 3: I love that idea.
Speaker 4: I love that the first impression Rows also gets the first one on one. However, I do think it really catapults them to the top and far beyond for a few weeks everybody else. But I do like what the show did this season where add a little bit uh more to that first impression Rose, Alex and Grant have a tremendous first date.
Speaker 3: I think it was again odd for the show. They did it in like a mall.
Speaker 5: I was like, this is the Beverly summer, like I used to just go shop there. Yeah, it's just like the most average. Honestly, it's a really average mall these days.
Speaker 4: I mean, it looks like any other mall that like isn't really in business anymore. And they had it to themselves, which is cool. And I love the smell of them all.
Speaker 5: I love the smell of them all.
Speaker 3: The fountain in the middle that makes them all.
Speaker 4: Like chlorine, and then you know everybody's like germs everywhere and the prencil like malls a cool place. I wish the mall would make its resurgence, even though I don't know how it would, but to have it the day stable at the mall, it feels again like it missed the mark because it wasn't. I don't know what it was like. I don't know the point of going to the mall. And then they like had some stars open to them and they got to.
Speaker 3: Do that.
Speaker 4: But I don't even know if. I mean, these people are so young, did they even ever go to a mall growing up? I mean, Grant said he did, but did he really?
Speaker 5: Yeah he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, there is a there's a four year age gap with us.
Speaker 5: Isn't he thirty two?
Speaker 2: Oh he's thirty, so he's six years there. The malls were still around. I understand what they were doing. The purpose was to make them feel like kids again. It was silly though. It's like the big wow factors, like there's a big rose on the screen and she's supposed to be like, holy cow, oh there's a rose on the screen. And then they go around and do these silly bachelor things where it's like they bump each other with these moving stuff animal horses, and they jump on a bed as if like in life, we ever effing jump on a bed.
Speaker 3: I've never jumped on a bed in my life. And they broke that bed.
Speaker 4: So the show really backfired on if they're doing low budget date, they're like, no, now I have to buy a bed. I can see how this played out, though, for whatever reason, this is what the show chose to do. These are my least favorite dates, Ashulely when I was a bachelor, because there was so many activities that the show wanted you to do. You can't like get in a rhythm and you're like bouncing around from the thing. Now the show's like how fun would it be if you got on those things and hit each other? And you're like, wasn't really thinking about that, but yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 2: That's just like it's stupid giggles to me, like I think i'd be doing this. I'm just feeling like really dumb, like I would never do this with somebody, and like this isn't that much fun. I can't pretend like it's fun.
Speaker 4: It's too planned, is what I would say. Is it's too formulaic to make it fun. There's too many things that we're asked. If they just said, hey, let's go to the mall, we're going to open up a few stores, you guys like have your pick and have a little fun with them, great, But they had all this set up and so it was like almost like they were moving station to station to station instead of just like kind of letting loose. So as a result, I don't know how much of their personality we actually got to see, because I think it was also planned and it felt planned to me. I do, though, think they're date together. They have the chemistry, they have the comfort it feels like the two of them are very attracted to each other, and so I am leaving this date going a great first date again it so let usfies our idea that Alex is going to probably be here a while.
Speaker 2: Great first date. You forgot to mention the most important part to the date to me, and that was when he played the piano for her. That could have been the only stop.
Speaker 3: It was good, It was really good.
Speaker 2: I had so much respect for him ad liping that song, coming up with that from the top of his head like there is a hook there. It was a romantic That was a That was a good bachelor moment.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Grant for coming out with his first single on Spotify last week.
Speaker 5: I would download it like, there's that dune, dune dune?
Speaker 2: How do you come up with that on the spot That's just a lot about somebody's No, he did actually.
Speaker 4: Come out with the song on Spotify last week. Oh really, not that song, but a different song. Oh yeah, party girl or something.
Speaker 3: Really need to hear this, No, you gotta look it up. It's not the song you heard it girl.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't it make sense if it was this song? Because I would actually want to listen to this song again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it did. He did. I mean he's great.
Speaker 4: He's he's very swoony in these moments, and you can see why people or why the girls are like, hey, I like this guy.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 4: I go back to thinking, I think he's going to be a great lead if he doesn't get in trouble in the house, meaning that this chaos becomes such a focus point that he can't actually invest in these relationships because he's going to have four or five dates and the women are going to go I got to tell you what's going on in the house. And that's always some annoying moment of the season, and I think it's going to happen a lot this season. I just expect it, and then it's going to take away from who he is and what the relationships could be. But I think you and I both agree, Ashley, we walk away from this one on one outside of everything else going, this is a they have a legitimate shot, right Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: And they have a lot of commonality in their background with having issues with parents and feeling like they come from.
Speaker 5: Sort of a broken home. Yeah, especially with her.
Speaker 4: Definitely they talk about it, and I think there is a comfort, and I think she says it, there's a comfort knowing that like Grant can relate with me and that he understands the situation I'm in. I think that obviously is a huge point. And here's the interesting part, Ashley. Some seasons we see this being told second third one. I went in right later in the season like, hey, I just want to let you know Hometown's is going to be rough for me because here's my family dynamic. It's interesting to me that this was brought up right away and that they both could be shared, you know, similar experiences, and that that's already on the table, so both of them know when they talk about family, this is what the response is going to be, or maybe hey, I'd rather not talk about family. I do think it showed a level of comfort with the two of them that isn't always shown so early on.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I also think that it's nice that the two of them know that they want to raise families, knowing that they want to do the opposite of how they were raised.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, and that's such a I mean, here's maybe I'm just picky. I would love in those moments for either of them to be like can you tell me more about what you mean by that?
Speaker 2: And you know, maybe they did and we just didn't see it, because obviously they had a long time there. And I actually think that they may have been there until the sun rose, because I feel like I was seeing glimmers of sunlight in there, and you know that they didn't start until it got dark, So that's a really late time to start a one on one.
Speaker 3: This sounds terrible. I think we how bad your breath would be by the time the date's over.
Speaker 2: I know, especially after're talking all that time than having champagne, who the heckry mouth?
Speaker 5: Gross?
Speaker 3: Okay, disgusting?
Speaker 2: So next day we actually probably have good amount to talk about here. This is the singing and dancing group date where they have to beasically be a girl band.
Speaker 5: It was led by Robin Anton and.
Speaker 2: She created the Pussycat dolls, so you know it's gonna be sexy and I would I was just thinking how I would fail this date because I can't sexy dance.
Speaker 4: I was thinking about my wife and I was like, just just would hate this so much, like she.
Speaker 2: Doesn't Nat turned Jess and I on a date like this, like overtly sexual, no.
Speaker 4: Like they couldn't, like she wouldn't do it, Like I don't know what she would do, it would be hilarious.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: So I feel bad for them, But the girls do a great job. The thing to talk about on this date is Carolina and the fact that she gets she gets picked as like, you know, the winner of the date, and then she goes ahead and straddles him and makes out with him in front of the other girls, like I don't think I've ever seen anyone do before. It was like sex make out. It was like it was whoa, it was whoa.
Speaker 4: You know, I've talked about it one of my philosophies. I think another safety mechanism for being the lead girl or guy is to try your best not to kiss any contestant in front of other contestants.
Speaker 3: I think that.
Speaker 4: I mean, it doesn't always work right, and it doesn't always happen, especially when you're in the mansion. There's so many viewing points that people can see you from if they want. But to be blatantly in front of everybody and do this, I do think causes some damage to these relationships, and it makes everybody question where they actually stand in these relationships and it heightens I think everybody's thought process, and I need to do that at some point. So then there's a world in which he's kissed every girl in front of every other girl, and then things get really weird because I think one of the benefits and Caitlin Bristow I think did a great job at this after a certain important time was you there's a mystery to where the other relationships stand. Yeah, and everybody's mind. So you're like, I really I think they like each other a lot, but I don't really know because I've never really seen them together. But it feels like, you know, their eyes light up a little bit when they come in the room. But maybe I'm reading too far into it. I think if you get too physical with anybody in front of anybody else, it it eliminates that mystery in that other person's mind, and I think that's a dangerous path to go down, especially this early haun.
Speaker 5: I feel like he's kissed everyone thus far. He's even eliminated people he's kissing.
Speaker 4: Week two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is nuts. That is nuts. It's actually worth discussing.
Speaker 2: It might be it might be the first time that anyone who has kissed night one is eliminated week two and that would be Alicia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is shocking.
Speaker 4: We're going to talk about alisiha a lot here as this episode continues, because it is a shocker to us all. But to end this kind of dancing date Carolyna obviously one. I do think it was great. It was a fun date. It had a lot of It was aesthetically fun like a bachelor date would be right there, all out there.
Speaker 3: Doing their thing.
Speaker 4: They're trying to get creative, They're putting themselves in a little bit of an embarrassing moment, and they all step up to the challenge. I didn't know if they all would, but they all stepped up. And I think that's always something to applaud as we break down each episode. Is it takes a lot of courage for them to get up and do this. Even if you were uncomfortable doing it, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: You just did it. And so kudos all the contestants for doing Bravo hard.
Speaker 2: And hey, he voluntarily sang as well. Maybe that was the single that you put out or does he just want to be a rapper or like an R and B artist.
Speaker 4: With his release on Spotify, I think we're seeing where grants passions lie. You know, maybe if somebody asked him, what would you love if you had a dream, where would the Bachelor go for you? And he would say maybe. Music At this point is probably our best guess because it is what he's focused on so much. And I don't think it's going away. I think he's going to continue to play and sing and write and do those things throughout the season, and that would be fun to watch because he is an entertainer and he crushed it on stage during this date. But this day ends. No shocking moments for me. During the dancing part, like everybody did great.
Speaker 5: I think right right, everybody did great.
Speaker 4: I mean Carolina obviously straddling him making out with him was the you know, the only takeaway that.
Speaker 2: Was my biggest takeaway, well, between Alicia getting eliminated and the most memorable Okay, those are the two most memorable moments. Like I just can't believe the type of makeout that was not only in front of all the girls, but in front of the audience, and it was just so strange.
Speaker 3: I would feel very uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: I would feel very unomfortable watching that if I wasn't supposedly dating him either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd be uncomfortable if I was I close my eyes during people making out on TV, so like if I was an audience member, I'd be like, definitely feeling uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: So weird.
Speaker 2: Okay, So after party cocktail party, he he pulls Rebecca aside to see if that there was any like energy off because he was sensing that, and she was like, oh, you know, we all just feel feel like weird, you know when you're out with other people, Like yeah, okay, Well he I definitely think he pulled her aside because he this sounds bad. I think he wasn't that into her. That's why she doesn't get a rose. And he pulled her aside because he was like, Oh, if I'm going to talk about the vibe with someone, maybe i'll talk to her to talk to the talk to a woman who I'm not really into.
Speaker 3: She's another shocker.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, she was really high for you.
Speaker 4: Well she was high for me, and she was a big character during this whole episode. It's weird, I know, to have characters that have been focused on be eliminated so quickly. It almost makes me feel like the show didn't know or expect any some of these women to be going home when they did.
Speaker 3: She was a big character of this episode.
Speaker 4: She was highlighted almost a whole time during the writing part of this date, and there wasn't any controversy with her other than the fact that he did feel like her vibes, you know, were off.
Speaker 2: They even have like a character building scene with her when she was talking about makeup with Dina. Yeah, so why would they even throw that in there.
Speaker 4: Either there's two options to this from my opinion. One, they don't have enough content yet to really fill an episode and they have to find whatever they can get, which is never a good sign. Or they didn't expect her to go home, but they had so much content on her because they thought she was going to be a front run that they had to show it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Letia gets the group date.
Speaker 5: Rose.
Speaker 2: I think she's sticking around longer than we thought she would. Oh.
Speaker 4: I think that conversation they had between the two of them, I think her ability to bring up something that hurt her and there was a misunderstanding and the two of them, you know, reconciling or coming to some type of understanding shows a.
Speaker 3: Big step in the relationship.
Speaker 4: This early on, right, if this was your first date with somebody or second date, let's say, second conversation and you brought up Hey, you said something and it kind of hurt me last time we talked. But I'm still into this enough to still be here, and I want to under I want to hear you out and what you meant by that. For him to own it and say, I'm sorry, I said something to do upid, didn't really mean it. Jumped to some conclusions there, I think shows that they they have some strength. I also just think that he's obviously very into her, think she's beautiful, which she is. But I think he very quickly when he said you're so pretty, I bet you don't get said said no to very often. I think that was a sign that he is kind of infatuated with her, like he's like, I want you around. So yes, she would definitely be in my top three at this point.
Speaker 5: Well, you're gonna have to fill in your top three after the Alicia.
Speaker 3: And I'm really messed over right now.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I guess it is. Oh, we'll talk about Bailey before we talk about those eliminations. So Bailey, I really I wasn't feeling her last week because I was like, this girl's embarrassing with her like Emily and Paris shtick where everything's on camera and she's like influencer girl. Well, she was like really expressing how insecure she was, and I felt her in this moment because she was like just you could tell that she was like, oh wow, I thought I was going to rock this process, but this is not as easy as I thought it was going to be, and everything that comes out of my mouth seems awkward. So I really appreciated her just being like being open about that, and I'm glad that she got through. And yeah, I want to see more from her now because I think that I just thinks she came across so surface level the first episode and now she's like, oh, okay, so this is me. Yeah, and I'm not as confident as I was putting out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean last I think last week, when we broke this down, I made it pretty clear I thought Bailey was going to cause some issues in the house. I would backtrack on that statement now and say I think I might be wrong, and that there was a huge jump in my mind for her this episode, saying yeah, you know what, she had a weird first week. That's okay, it happens. Everybody's nervous, everybody's awkward. They're trying to figure out how they fit in this house. And I'm glad she's around long enough so that we do get to see it. I don't have the same opinion of Bailey after two weeks that I did after last week.
Speaker 5: We're on the same page, all right.
Speaker 2: Now for the eliminations, Alisha's gone, Ella is gone, and I Ella didn't really you know, we didn't really see too much of her except for during this cocktail hour where she was all concerned that she was gonna leave, and then Rebecca. So Alisha's got to be one of the weirdest eliminations we've ever seen because we thought that she was possibly going to get the first impression Rose last week she was the first serious conversation that he had, the kiss during the first night, the first kiss, as so far as we saw, it was the first kiss. And this week we had no screen time from her and she went home. I need know, like, actually, guys, instead of showing us some of the one on one situations that we had or even fun makeup moments, I would have loved to see if his interaction with her was awkward enough to send her home like that? How did they go from having a great connection conversation that first night to this, like, did something happen? Was there the most awkward conversation that just stalled out?
Speaker 3: Here's my Ashley. I'm concerned.
Speaker 5: I love it when he did things like that.
Speaker 4: I'm concerned because I thought we took huge strides with Joey's season when it came to character development and storylines and making sense of things, so that we were, you know, we had a great season with a big following because people were in the know right they could watch an episode and kind of see and predict and understand why things were happening the way they were happening.
Speaker 3: Season's previous to that.
Speaker 4: You and I sat on this podcast and we continued to say, I don't know how this happened? What did we miss? Yeah, stories don't seem to be completed. Why are we not getting better storytelling? Why are we so lost each episode on how things are going to happen? Joey season fixed that for us, and people watched and they invested into it, and they celebrated it and it made sense. I'm afraid we're going back to what we had We thought we had gotten through. Yeh, where we're going to be sitting here week after week going I don't understand, Like the story isn't complete, Like how did Rebecca and him all of a sudden have a conversation and she was such a main character and now she's just gone and we don't know why she's gone. We have no explanation for why she's gone. Alicia, they make out last week. We thought she was at the front runner on this show, and we shouldn't be that far off. We shouldn't be predicting, like, hey, our top three and one of our top three goes home in week two after week one.
Speaker 3: That shouldn't be a thing. We watched this show for long enough. We've been on the show ourselves. We should know enough to make accurate predictions for at least who we think could be there at the end. And that could change a week of a week.
Speaker 5: I have a stupid suggestion.
Speaker 2: Do you think that any part of them was like, Oh, this will really throw people off. It'll be shocking, and shocking is good, kind of like back in the day when somebody was eliminated from American idol.
Speaker 5: And nobody ever would assume that they would be. And then like it got headlines the next day and everybody was.
Speaker 2: Like, could you believe that so and so is eliminated? To do you think that in any way? They're like, let's eliminate that scene so that people can wonder more. I think this is I hope not. I actually don't even think so. I'm just trying to come up with a reason.
Speaker 4: Maybe later on in the season, right but right now, I don't think anybody's that invested into any of these characters yet. Like, I don't think anybody is causing that much controversy from their literal right.
Speaker 2: Nobody's gonna make a real headline likes even as we we are Bachelor podcasters, of course we're going to be shocked as alicia elimination. But I don't think US Weekly is covering it tomorrow, you know, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Mean maybe they're trying to create the note next grocery Store Joe, where you know, somebody's eliminating, people freak out and it gets like great headlines and then they go on to do the thing. But it's we're not very yeah, we don't know that yet, Like it's impossible. That happened almost organically because people freaked out there wasn't a show cultivating that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they probably didn't even know that was gonna happen with Joe.
Speaker 5: Joel Mobla is an anomaly, he.
Speaker 4: Is, but it's it is just confus me and I would love to know even more from him, Like they didn't do a lot of in the moments with him or interviews with him, or maybe they would have asked him, what do you think about Alicia, Like this is gonna be a little bit shocking, what do you think about Rebecca? And he could explain, Hey, it just feels like we're off, Like it feels like every time we sit down and have a conversation, we're not on the same page.
Speaker 3: Or I'm just not into it as much.
Speaker 4: I was hoping or thought I would be after week one, and then it would give us that kind of that would bridge the gap between us just being completely confused and being in the know, and they're not giving us enough yet for us to understand why he's making the decisions he's making.
Speaker 3: Now, is it that important?
Speaker 4: No, so early, but if this continues throughout this season where we're just always confused and we feel like we haven't really watched the season even though we have. Then it becomes a problem because people just check out. Why would they watch if they're not going to get any like they're not invested into it.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but that's how I felt leaving this episode.
Speaker 2: This episode made me think if I wasn't on the show and I didn't have this podcast, I want to be watching this show anymore.
Speaker 3: Like you would stop this season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I would be watching these two episodes, especially this episode, and been like, Eh, I think I'm going to skip this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I could see where you would think that, because one, is there anything gripping leading us into next week? There's not yet, And that's another. I mean it's something I want. I want to be gripped to where I'm like, I cannot wait to see what happens next week, and they have the cliffhangers and they have the storylines to do that. Also, we could pick out some women that we think he's into, right, Alex would definitely be above everybody right now. However, we don't really have much relationship build.
Speaker 5: Up yet, which is fine, and we are in episode two.
Speaker 3: We always say it takes like four weeks.
Speaker 5: So maybe it's just us being like an episode two. Yeah, but that's what I mean. You know how like with shows, a lot of the times.
Speaker 2: You have got to give it three your episodes. I do think that applies to the Bachelor. But when the episodes are two hours long, that's a lot of time, not a cap again, that's like, honestly, that's like watching an HBO show.
Speaker 5: And giving it six episodes, yeah.
Speaker 2: Saying oh no, you just got to wait six episodes, and I'm like, I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 3: I don't get I don't have that time in me. Yeah.
Speaker 4: We will be watching here, though, and we are excited to see things progress forward. I'm not out on this show yet this season. However, I am concerned that we aren't going to get much from this season for many weeks because so far we're off to a what I would say of an odd start.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I would love to say that we had we had so much.
Speaker 2: Momentum last year, like Gary season did so well, and then Joey season did so well, and then with Gens, I feel like like a lot of people fell off again and I'm just like, oh, we're in, Like the wheels are falling off territory again, which sucks.
Speaker 5: Sucks because we were we had so much potential.
Speaker 4: I'm still holding out hope. I believe in the producers of the show. I believe that they want a good story. I believe they want to make a good show, and so my hope is that that will start next week and we'll be here breaking down the next episode of the Arm of the Bachelor on the Almost Famous Podcast until next time.
Speaker 3: I've Been Ben, I've Been Ashley.
Speaker 5: I Love you guys.
Speaker 1: Follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.