Speaker 1: I miss the green.
Speaker 2: For example, I'm already upset. When I find my ball in the bunker, I'm really upset.
Speaker 1: And when I find my.
Speaker 3: Ball in a Frida Egg Friday Egg, the dreaded Friday Friday Friday Bride Egg, Lie.
Speaker 2: I'm about ready to run off the golf course. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back for another edition of the Friday Egg Podcast. In our final Masters series, we welcome back Tron Carter from No Laying Up, DJ Pyehouski from Scratch TV, and we are joined by number one Sergio fan the Scores Adam Sarson. Welcome on, guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Andy Sarson. You're alive?
Speaker 4: U yeah, but barely, but yeah, I know. It's uh what a day, you know that they're there. I sent this out on Twitter probably about I don't know, probably ten fifteen minutes after it was over. But I always thought he would win one, but I never thought it would be this one. Like it doesn't you know, obviously super talented. It never seems like this was the one he was gonna win. And I actually I'm shocked that he did to be honest like throughout throughout the first few holes, even when he was like two or three up. I was thinking, Okay, well Rose is right there, Fowler's still there. I'm sure Speed's gonna just torched the back nine and something's gonna happen to him. But then it never did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you would think if you're going to make a list, it like starts with the British Open. But you know, you have to think that those wind tough conditions in the first two days helped him so much get there, because you know, it kind of it gave him a nice start to the tournament where it made it just, you know, so tough for everybody, and you know he thrives on that hard golf course and U but.
Speaker 1: He did make the first the first like what twenty three holes or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the tournament, Yeah, I mean he just he hits it so flush. I mean he I was listening to Brandle talk about it, and he was talking about his swing and how he had shallowed shallower divots this week than he'd ever seen, which I mean it was true though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, I felt like I noticed the opposite coming down the stretch. I felt he was just digging on those last peoples.
Speaker 1: He's always on those last people.
Speaker 2: But you know, like I kept feeling like you you know, kept going through your head. Oh no, not again, because like you know, the the shot on ten and the bad drive on eleven, you know, and then thirteen he's in the in the weeds. You know, seemingly it's over. But the guy just had he had something that he's never had before. I mean, what what do you think has changed? Is it is it is this personal life thing blown out of proportions or is it real?
Speaker 4: Uh? I think there's something to it. He definitely does seem like he's you know, more at peace with whatever he's got going on in his life. Uh. It has nothing to do with Sebby in my own opinion, But uh, I mean, look, I I it's he's always been He's always been good enough. I think I think you're I think your point about the first two rounds is a valid one. He always thrives on hard golf courses in hard conditions, which is why I was actually concerned about the weekend because it was supposed to be so much easier and you know, the greens are supposed to faster, and you know that's just not something that he's usually all that good at. But yeah, no, I don't. I don't think anything's necessarily changed so much in his actual game. I mean, I still don't think any of us actually trust him to hit, you know, any kind of like a downhill eight footer, like I don't. I don't think any of that's changed. I think it's it's got to be the personal life first off, and then you know, everything just trying of came together this week. No one, no one really made a charge out of him either outside of Rows obviously.
Speaker 5: I think the best thing that I heard from him was, you know, he was talking after his round.
Speaker 6: I know he's mentioned this in the past, but like, first.
Speaker 5: Of all, I was surprising to hear him say that he had kind of like penciled in himself for a couple of masters.
Speaker 6: Like back in the day.
Speaker 5: He was like, yeah, I kind of you know, I thought I would win a couple here, and then you know, it just the course blew me up basically for fifteen years. And you know, he's made all those comments in the past about how he didn't like it and it was unfair, and you know, it gets kind of quirky, and it just you know, maybe it wasn't his kind of place, which is kind of all the reasons, like we all love the golf course so much, I feel like and it felt like that was the one thing he said was that he kind of let it all go and was like, all right, you know, whatever, whatever.
Speaker 6: Happens, happens.
Speaker 5: And so I think like in the past he would have gotten some of those breaks. He probably would have seen some of the breaks justin Rose got to and just like completely said, all right, here we go again. This is it's just not gonna happen. And then that leads to more misses and more you know, more bad putts and all that stuff, and it just didn't didn't happen this week.
Speaker 4: I was about to lose it when I saw the ricochet that Rose gone on eighteen, and I couldn't believe that that actually happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was that was ridiculous. I mean, he had a great put there. It was so interesting that that putt just stays on the edge that time, and then the second time around it breaks, and it's just that's the crazy thing about golf is these little like nuances and moments like he got that unbelievable bounce to get in in there, and then the putt doesn't move and then second time around it does and I'm just I uh, I think that I'm so happy Sergio made that putt to win the play, you know, like it just it felt so much better that he didn't just lag it down there to six inches.
Speaker 1: That was like that was like an emphatic, emphatic exclamation point on the whole thing. Like it was just a it was like a middle finger to all the haters out there.
Speaker 5: And even just uh, just the way that it went like I'm getting too in the nitty gritty, but even just the way that it went in we're kind of like what a on the back cup and just shook.
Speaker 6: I mean, it was just perfect. It was so good.
Speaker 5: And the fact that he had so much I mean, it's just so much up and down throughout the round. I mean, I feel like when you watch a final round like that, a lot of the times you can kind of you can kind of identify the guy pretty early. I'm like, he's gonna hold together and win and whatever, and it just I mean, the meter is just going back and forth all day behind before you know between he's got it.
Speaker 6: It's gonna happen, and there's no way, like this is impossible. Here we go again. Just so just so compelling.
Speaker 4: I mean, after so so on ten, he basically chunks the drive off the tea. He had what like he had like what two hundred and sixty yards fifty one? I think it's like right after I saw that and then he puts it into the bushes and whatever. It's just yeah, it was I was. I was ready to just obviously pack it into that point.
Speaker 5: But has to be like among the worst spots on the golf course to try to chip from.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, he hit.
Speaker 5: Over the bunkers running away from you the whole time.
Speaker 2: He got a horrible bounce there because he hit like one of that was that shot was so insanely good and it got like a hard kick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but like that.
Speaker 1: The variables of like how bad like how much he could have messed that shot up to off of the like sitting off the pine strawl. There's there's so many awful things that can happen there, like either think same with eleven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know how we did that on eleven either.
Speaker 2: So great, you know, he almost channeled a little Speef out there with the way no, no, no, the way he limited damage from like just terrible shots, you know, like making par on thirteen was I mean, him making that putt was so big because you know, I think if he misses, Rose makes it and you know it's completely over. But you know, that's the crazy thing about golf is there's there's so much little psychological things. I think.
Speaker 5: Thirteen is because like it's just so cool how much of the tournament comes down.
Speaker 6: To that hole.
Speaker 5: It feels like from just a momentum standpoint, it like the last couple of years, I mean Bubba when he beats speed and like kind and did there this year. I mean, it just feels like that's kind of always wear it pivots.
Speaker 2: You know, this will piss pissed tron off is that Danny Will at last year pard thirteen every round?
Speaker 6: All right, Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about that.
Speaker 2: I think it usually matters except for Danny Will.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You just don't like anything with Danny Will.
Speaker 1: I don't know how anything Everything pisses you.
Speaker 2: Off, as uh Will Cabin.
Speaker 6: That was awesome to see.
Speaker 4: Can can we talk about the way Sergio played fifteen all week? Because what he did? I mean, look, he'll obviously almost jarred it from the fairway, which I I think I basically woke up my entire neighborhood when I saw that happen. But uh no, it didn't hit the stick, but it.
Speaker 2: Was I think it grazed it. I don't.
Speaker 1: I feel like this that it hit the stick on the way back up, but just barely, like barely glanced in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean even even yesterday, like you hit this ridiculous three iron from like I don't know, it was two hundred plus and it was just like it was majestic to watch that ball flight, like it was like, I don't know, it just everything kind of seemed to come together and I was ready to pack it again on sixteen when he missed that putt, and it's just like I've never I don't know if I've ever actually experienced the ups and downs of a round before it let us like it was insane, you.
Speaker 5: Know, if you think about it. He he hit a decent shot on twelve, right, I mean he was what right or left of the pin or twenty feet left or something yep. Kind Of from there, he didn't miss a shot the rest of the tournament. I mean, well, besides the drive on thirteen.
Speaker 4: Beside the drive on thirteen maybe from.
Speaker 5: The wedge on thirteen basically perfect.
Speaker 1: We worked at the drive on thirteen two. It was just totally like I thought the ball was fine. I mean, the camera like they couldn't find the ball, and then all of a sudden they showed they showed the pine straw and like, what like it's over there.
Speaker 4: Well, well he talked about that when in uh In Butler Kevin when when he was answering Nance's questions too, because because he was right yesterday, he did take the exact same line on Saturday, and he absolutely just killed the ball over that on that ridiculous line that he took. It it was and I guess I don't know. I guess he just didn't hit either barn up or high up and get it over everything. But yeah, it was. It was the same line.
Speaker 2: Why is there all this technology on the Masters app but not in the telecast, like because do you.
Speaker 4: Want to take that tron.
Speaker 1: No? I mean I was talking about this with Simon Filler earlier. It's like they it's like the broadcast is the last bastion of like, uh, you know it, I don't even know. It's just it's it's in fury eating.
Speaker 6: How how.
Speaker 1: Opposed they are to showing anything with technology as far as the actual CBS broadcast. It's like that's the holy grail and they can't mess with anything with that.
Speaker 2: You know. What I think is happening is that the Masters is just slowly just weaning CBS out and eventually it's going to be all on the app, all on by them. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, isn't there stated intention to have all Why why would they give out of every of every player for the whole tournament like readily accessible.
Speaker 2: That's well, that's my point is like why would they let their app have technology that a telecast could easily have and just blindly, you know, withhold that from them?
Speaker 6: Yea, it is weird, Yeah yeah, but they.
Speaker 1: Could do that. I mean they're like, it's not like they're locked in to some CBS contracts. It's like a year to year deal, right Like then they can cut the core. I don't think they have to like needlessly sabotage CBS in order to justify doing that. Down the line, I mean, they're they're in the driver's seat with the relationship, you know.
Speaker 5: I feel like we're getting down the conspiracy line here, we need to get back to it so hard.
Speaker 1: Sergio one of the masters guy.
Speaker 2: So now, So now that Sergio's got the monkey off of his back, you know what, what do you think at age thirty seven he's still got with the way he hits the ball. I think he's still got fifteen years of good golf in him. How many do you get?
Speaker 1: I think he gets a British for sure.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, I think so too.
Speaker 5: It's just so hard, man, it's so hard to predict all this stuff, just because of the sheer fact that there's only four Like, I mean, there's only four every It's like how many you know, if Rory won today, we'd be talking about how many Rory's gonna get. If Dustin won, We've been talking about how many Dustin's gonna get, Like, there's only so many to go around for all these guys.
Speaker 6: It's kind of the issue. So, I mean, I feel like.
Speaker 5: If he gets two more one or two more, that's massively like, that's that's massively capitalizing on what happened today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's just it's it's just so tough with uh. I mean, the talent at the top of of you know the world right now is just it's so good. I mean, you know, I would I do think he gets a British at some point. I don't think it's out of the question that he does a US Open either, But I mean, it's it's so hard, it's so hard to predict. I mean, I never would have thought he would have done this one. So I mean it's he has the name to win anywhere. I would I would be surprised if he didn't get at least one more. But I mean, I mean, are we going to be that shot, Say if if if Henry Stenson doesn't get another one, he just I don't think if he don't think I.
Speaker 1: Was surprised if Sergio didn't win another one than if Stenson didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think Sergio in general, Sergio's got more of a pedigree of success than Stenson does. In majors. In general, he's got I think I think Sergio is a more talented player. Like Sergio. The thing that goes underrated with how Grady hits the ball is is how good of a pitcher of the golf ball he is. I mean, like around the greens, there probably aren't He's probably one of the ten best around the greens with just pitch shots. And and I think Stenson, you know, he's one of the five best t to green but around the green, And I think Sergio is in a in a different career class than Stenson is.
Speaker 1: I agree, what And it's not like his game is going to be like it's like as guys get older, some of them lose they're they're putting and all that. Like, it's not like that's that's gonna be a huge issue with Sergio. I don't think where like he's kind of already faced those demons and figured out the workarounds with those where I think that may affect him less as we go along here, just because it's affected him so much already.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think he's you know, it's not like he's going from being the second best putter on tour to the eightieth best. He's going to go from you know, the eightieth best to the ninetieth best. Yeah or whatever. We're gonna change all that lunch.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what do you think? How many more do you think he gets?
Speaker 2: Ah? You know, I think he I think he's going to get to three or four on his career. And like when you think about Sergio. I think when you look at this kind of era of golfer, you know, in that Tiger realm, you know he's going to be from the younger era. He'll be number two behind. You know, he's got you know, like in this kind of ten years. If you take Rory as a younger generation and you you look at he's gonna be like, you know, two, two to three in there with you know Phil, You've got I mean, really it's Ernie Phil. It's kind of weird because he's in a different spot than Ernie and Phil. But you look at like who he's in there, like Adam Scott, Justin Rose. You know this.
Speaker 6: I think that's a good question.
Speaker 2: Here's here's a here's kind of the question I was thinking in my head, is you know it, if we had a major championship at you know, big time course tomorrow, are there two guys more than two guys you picked before Justin Rose in that championship? Like just blind, we're going to play a big boy golf course.
Speaker 5: I mean, this is stupid and I'm gonna get roasted, But I think I mean I would pay Rose over Rory right now.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's right, crickets.
Speaker 4: No, I I mean I get I doubt what you're I doubt what you're saying.
Speaker 6: It doesn't make it. There's a cognitive are we saying for a win?
Speaker 2: I'm saying you need a guy to go out and earn money, like like you're like the guy. It's not a crazy thing to say. I think, what is it over the last three years is his relation to Parr is almost double as low as the next closest player in major championship chips. So that's not a crazy saying at all. Like I think, justin Rose, when the chips are down at a at a you know, a pedigree golf course, I don't know if they're you know, I think DJ, him and Speth would be my three. You know, maybe I might put Sergio in there too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean with with Rose, I don't have the iss in front of me. But like, it doesn't seem like Rose has any real discernible weaknesses, you know. And I think like, I mean obviously that we we know the list of courses that he's won at too. I mean, there's no doubt in my mind that he dotes one of these before he goes to Like I it just seems like he's a perfect fit for this golf course. You know, I don't know if I I love Rory's game, So I mean, I don't know if I can I don't know if I can take if I can take Rose over Rory. But yeah, no, I think I think then it's a valid question. Though I think he's definitely in the top three.
Speaker 1: Or four guys. I I haven't I haven't heard a single word that anybody said since DJ or since since any listed off his guys just because Jay Day was has not even entered the conversation, which makes me so happy because I'm just doing psychological psychops on you guys.
Speaker 2: So I think, I think, I think that the if I was gonna say, you know, who's a guy that can go run away with a tournament or wire, Jason Day Rory would be on that list. But if I'm talking like I need a guy to go out and play major championship golf tomorrow, Justin Rose is on my list. You know, Does that make sense?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I think also that the week to week PGA Tour set up is drastically favored towards guys that bomb and gouge totally.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's there's something interesting about Rose that he's I was talking to somebody about this, and Day is kind of like this too. I Mean, there's there's certain guys that are just like, no matter where they go, they're always going to shoot ten under for the week, right. Roses doesn't strike me as a guy who's gonna go shoot, you know, twenty eight under and win, win at Hartford or something like that. He's just he's one of these guys that like, he just I don't know how you you kind of explain it. It's just when the courses get that much harder, he just it's magnified how much cleaner he is than everyone else.
Speaker 4: The tron's boy coach, he does the same thing.
Speaker 1: You know, He's not clean though.
Speaker 2: Let's let's let's talk about.
Speaker 1: That. You know.
Speaker 2: My top my one of my top moments of today's telecast was Cooch just taking it to the ncrib on the Bath nine.
Speaker 1: How about that closing speed coucher all d J. All there was was was our boy Huber Mexico story. I'll let him tell that somewhere down the line. But he said he this great, this great motivational thing that he says still himself after he makes big Potts and big Shop. So but like just envisioning saying that to himself. It was a sight to behold. Yeah, I mean he just he stuck it in me. He was inside of me on the entire back.
Speaker 2: I mean, did you guys catch his interview in Butler Cavin when he managed to talk about the Bridgetone on the ball be on the bridge.
Speaker 1: So I was like from the back door, not not Bridgetone. So and then and then somebody, somebody tweeted something like something really derogatory, like like oh, like in your face, Tron Carter. And then like like like Bridgestone liked it.
Speaker 4: The guys, come.
Speaker 3: On, you gotta just take the good with the bad today, way in the black today for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then then he was like ever present. He was. He pulled a butt. They're at the end, just kind of hanging around behind eighteen greens, shaking hands, Yeah, kissing babies.
Speaker 5: So he was watching watching his co medalist come in. So yeah, I want to know what was this? What was the scene at Tron Carter headquarters and Adam Sarson headquarters.
Speaker 6: I mean, I am I am nowhere.
Speaker 5: I love Sergio I am nowhere even in the same arena as you guys.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I think you're the you're the the Sergio fan club.
Speaker 4: Were there tears, No, no, no, there there were there were There were no tears here. I'm not going to speech for tron I. I was. I I'll say this, like, my my stomach was in knots for like twelve holes. Like it was. It was bad. It was. It was real bad. It got it got a whole lot worse when I saw him trunks that ball in ten, because I just figured it was all kind of come crashing down after he did.
Speaker 5: Not only that, but then he backed off that shot for the fairway like three times.
Speaker 4: But that you know, he was he was the pretty much all day yesterday and through the first six or seven holes today he he did none of that.
Speaker 5: No man, so comfortable. And then yeah, as soon as he got to the back then he looked like a different he would be.
Speaker 4: He just he just kept backing off and backing off. It was just it was like it was like I was stuck watching him at like Beth Page and O two. It was the same thing. It was the same thing, and and it just I just I thought there was no way that it was that it was actually going to happen. But then, I mean, fifteen fifteen changed everything.
Speaker 5: I thought fourteen was fourteen is gonna go down as his underrated hole of the week.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: That shot that he hit fourteen green was like, that was a shot where it was like you have to know with that pin where you need to land it, where it's going to feed to.
Speaker 6: That was perfect.
Speaker 2: Four So fourteen is such an underrated hole out there. It's so good.
Speaker 1: It's fourteen so good. And seventeen sucks.
Speaker 2: Dude, seventeen suck.
Speaker 4: I like, seventeen doesn't suck that great.
Speaker 2: That bunker, that bunker.
Speaker 1: It is like if seventeen and three switch spots, I would like seventeen so much more.
Speaker 4: You just I think I think Jake, Jake Nichols was talking about it too. I thought he said he was saying, like switch seventeen and eight seventeen and seven.
Speaker 2: Seven is the worst Hong Golf course.
Speaker 6: He was saying switch because they kicked to each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I don't know. I I was absolutely paranoid that he was going to miss that putt on seventeen. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, the short one. I know, the first one. He had no chance of him. But there was no chance that was ever going.
Speaker 2: How about put on fifteen? How did that? How did that? It did not look like it was going over the front edge.
Speaker 6: No, exactly.
Speaker 1: You're projecting your negativity onto the pot. I'm a very literally.
Speaker 2: Going I'm negative. I'm a negative.
Speaker 5: I think seventeen is a cool hole because of a couple of reasons. But like when you look at thirteen is obviously super gettible.
Speaker 6: Fourteen is gettable. I mean, if you if you hit good shots, which is.
Speaker 7: Some births down the stretch, fifteen is gettable. Sixteen is gettable with that pin, and seventeen like and eighteen is gettable with that pin. And so they did, like you need a punch hole that Like I was saying that it was texting with somebody earlier and saying, like, seventeen's it's still like a it's still a mover kind of hole, just because it brings Bogie to play instead of Bertie.
Speaker 1: It's well, which is kind of a heat hole. Yeah, you like, if a guy's rolling along like he's got to hit two solid shots in there, and I agree, it's much It is a much better hole in person than it is on TV too, like they don't capture on TV, like it's it's such a high point of the property and you know that's that's a cool green.
Speaker 2: But you gotta hit just you gotta hit two primo golf shots there, and that that front bunker is death. That's like the heart one of the hardest shots on golf because you get that back.
Speaker 6: Then so fast and you got to get it all the way to the back.
Speaker 2: It's it's like and you can't blade it because then you're you're gonna make double, you know.
Speaker 4: But I thought, I thought Rose hit a really good shot out of that bunker, like and it just it was still what twelve feet short or whatever. It was like.
Speaker 1: Somebody say like this is this is not a hard golf shot or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's not a bad spout to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so back your.
Speaker 1: Question is so good. I had tears. There were there was some tears.
Speaker 6: It was just like.
Speaker 5: He was so just just unvarnishedly like ridiculously happy. It's just awesome to see anybody like that.
Speaker 6: He had.
Speaker 1: He really had an it's reaction to all of you could tell immediately if the shot was good or not.
Speaker 4: Like unusually and usually that's a problem with him because usually like he does that little you know, he does that little grown face or whatever it is. Yeah, exactly, he does that after every shot and it doesn't matter if it's good or not. He does it after every shot. But today, no, he was it looks like he was chasing after a pretty much every good shot he.
Speaker 6: Yet, yeah, every good tea.
Speaker 2: It's true that I don't know, it's it's the Masters that back nine. I think that it just shows the how nice it is that there every year is hosted there because everybody knows the back nine and and it you know, the players know it, and you know, there's this just you know, the casual fan knows it because they watched this tournament every year and it always seems to deliver the goods, you know, for the moment.
Speaker 5: I know I'm going to sound like a PJ Tour shill here, but that's the same reason that I think the players has gotten so good as what seriously like, it's it's awesome for all a lot of the same reasons, like the fact that you know the holes and there's that's the place that like they have turned.
Speaker 6: You know what, We're not here.
Speaker 5: To talk about the players even we can say that forget it.
Speaker 2: It's all right, you can.
Speaker 1: It's the same reason why the President's Cup really took hold of those first a few times too. You know, they played it at the same venue this first couple of times around it. It really just captured people's hearts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, uh, you know, not the way this conversation down, but uh, you know, a couple of guys had a little bit more disappointing of a Sunday. So Spith and Speith and Ricky, lots of hope coming in, lots of lots of words wasted by sports journalists everywhere on uh, on Jordan and just just a tough tough day. I was, I was in on the rictator and you know I felt the burn.
Speaker 6: Yeah I was.
Speaker 5: I was ready to lay the house on Jordan this morning. I was completely wrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I I I was. I was. I was ready to do the same with with Ricky, right, I didn't, uh you know, I don't. I just I didn't. I didn't see it with speed. I didn't know. I don't know why. It was weird though, Like I've never seen him have such bad speed control on his on his putts. He just he didn't he didn't hit anything. He wasn't And it wasn't that he didn't hit anything, was that he wasn't particularly close to hitting anything. And I point today was it was just it was really bizarre.
Speaker 5: I think Shipnik, I think Shipnuk said, I think with him tweeted something that was basically like he it. It had the look that like he had just burned so much energy trying to get back to four under where he was that like today he just looked totally spent, like he just didn't have anything.
Speaker 1: Well really there, like there wasn't really a big opening at any point where like it felt like like I think if Rose would have really struggled on seven, eight, nine, but like when those when a lot of those guys and speech was already out of it by this point, but like were so ricky, and like even Casey and Peters and those guys, Like if if Rose would have stumbled on six or seven or eight and given him an opening while they were on yeah, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, like that, that would have been huge psychologically. But I think he made those three birdies in a row and just kind of closed the door on them being legitimate contenders.
Speaker 5: Yeah, him to a point where they had to press too hard, too early or something. Jordan was pressing obviously the whole time. But yeah, yeah, I don't really know it was Sadu's.
Speaker 2: Sad I feel like speaf so he you know, he was really calm after he made that nine. He kind of just was just going about golf. He was just golfing, and then all of a sudden he got into contention on what do you do? He made that birdie on what was it thirteen, and then he burdied fourteen yesterday on Saturday, and then on fifteen, you know you saw him just like something switch and he became like that really talkative speef where he's like, you know, getting at griller, getting at his ball, you know, and just a different mentality. And then you know, you hit that great shot on fifteen but didn't close the door. And I think there's something he got. He gets still like O C D almost over you know, stuff in contention. But I don't know, he's still great. I mean, his his track record even with this T eleven. I mean, he played awful and still finished eleventh, So I'm sure he's got to be considered, you know, him and Rose and certain you know, him and Rose probably are two favorites next year in DJ.
Speaker 4: Yeah if I yeah. I mean look unless unless he you know, somehow falls off a twift and and doesn't play well the rest of the year. I don't. I don't see how he's not the favorite to win next year. I mean, he's he's still he seems to. I was saying, I can't remember who I said this to the other day, but it's like it's like it's just like Ben Grenshaw, honestly, but it feels like he was made to play this course and I and I don't. I don't know what happened today other than it's just, you know, one of those things like he just had a bad day, you know again, he his his speed control today was so bad, and it just seems like he was he backed off a bunch of putts at least early. I don't know how much he didn't. They didn't show a bunch of them towards the end, but at least early on, he just didn't seem much he was comfortable at all with what he was seeing.
Speaker 2: So h do you guys, uh, what do you guys think about Rory moving forward? At the Masters. You know, is uh kind of once a course that you thought he could never lose at until that, you know, kind of at that implosion and and now it just seems you know, he just can't. Is that. You know he's got the game for it. It's just you know, whether it's the short putts, is it you know, the short putting, because that's what I think. You know, Sergio did so well today was limit damage and you know he you can't give away shots at Augusta like and then Magnifi.
Speaker 1: I don't think the putting was Rory's issue this week. Like it seemed like he never he never got comfortable. I mean, he hits a strage, but he never got comfortable with you know, kind of that drive you have to hit with taking taking a little bit off of it and just getting into the fairway.
Speaker 6: Like he didn't.
Speaker 1: He didn't seem never seemed like he just got in a rhythm at all.
Speaker 6: He was just That's what I.
Speaker 5: Agree, And that's kind of what it seems like with him there is I think it is a putting thing because I think he kind of like this is a very intangible way to look at this, but it seems like he misses a lot of like momentum putts like he'll get it going, get it going, get it going, He'll stick it to you know, six feet for Birdie and a miss and then it just kind of just feels like all the air goes out of the balloon and it just never gets it going where speed kind of feels like the opposite where it's like, you know, it's just every time he needs to make it seven foot for par to keep moment of going, he does.
Speaker 1: And it gives it more energy versus packing on Rory psychologically.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what it feels like. I don't know if something was off, something was off.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Every every time I saw, like every time I saw someone tweet out like a photo of like Shaw Tracer today from or even yesterday from what the Master's website, it was always like Rory just hit like a three hundred and seventy five yard drive and it's like, oh, well he made Bodie and it's like, well, yeah, you know, like I so like, I don't know if it's you know, again, he wasn't shown at all today, it seemed like on CBS, so it's kind of hard for it's kind of hard to tell. But it's I mean, it's not a it's not really a secret that he hasn't really been you know, hitting his wedges all that well, you know, it's it's it's it's something I don't know. I don't know if he needs to just like Tron said, if he needs to kind of take you know, dial it back a bit off the tee or whatever it is. But I still feel like his game is still too perfectly suited for this course not to win it, like when it at least want.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I agree, I think it's going to click. I don't know what it what it takes.
Speaker 1: I mean, how old.
Speaker 4: Twenty seven, twenty seven.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't expect him to be somebody that plays can do his forties. But at the same time, like for still relatively you know, like technically it's just entering his prime.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, but at the same time, you see, like what happened with Sergio. I mean, Sergio has you know, as almost as much talent as anybody in the world, and it he came into golf like with high actress. But but that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Majors.
Speaker 2: He's won three, right or four, so you know, I don't know, it's you get these droughts and golf's the golf's a different kind of game where it's it's not like it's not reactionary like basketball. It's not reactionary like football, where you know, like it's you're making these split second decisions with no time to think you've got time before every shot. And I mean it's a crazy little game in that sense where weird things happened, bad bounces happened, bad breaks happen, and you know, you can play a whole great and make par And.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess, I guess the argument for him not winning it is is something to the effect of, well, Greg Norman was perfectly suited to winning and he never did either. But but I don't think I don't know, I just I mean, look, I wasn't, you know, I wasn't actually wasn't born when when Norman was really going through either when when he was when he was trying to win it at his peak. But I mean, it just it just I would be shocked if he didn't win one. It really would be, Yeah, your.
Speaker 1: Boy had one?
Speaker 4: What what?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: What? What about him?
Speaker 1: It's seven birdies today?
Speaker 4: He is a freakishly good butter like he is. He is so good on the greens. I mean, I don't know that that doesn't this does not seem like a course that he had ever went on. But I mean he's he's a stud man. He's he's the real.
Speaker 1: Deal, Hedy. I mean, he birdie pretty dues, you know, the three of the par fives today, But then he had pirty seven, eight, nine and ten, which is pretty pretty solid, you know. And I mean had a couple of doubles earlier in the week. But this was his debut, right, This was his master's debut, right, yeap? And he was the only Canadian in the field.
Speaker 2: Besides weird Mackenzie Hughes too. Who are you putting all your stock in of the Canadians? Is it had one?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, no, it's it's had one. I mean, to be perfectly honest, like, I still think I still think Grahm Dallette has something there if you can figure out, like he's still a good ball striker. He just needs to figure out what he's doing around the greens. I mean he's I mean, there was he pulled out of a tournament last year because he had the yips. I mean that's I mean, if he if he can figure if he can figure out around the greens and with the putter, I think he can still be something. But had one had one's the guy for sure.
Speaker 2: What about uh that Corey Connor's kid seems like a player on on the web.
Speaker 4: Corey Corey Connors, there's a Taylor Pendrith just absolutely mashes the ball. There. There's it's it's getting better, there's no there's no doubt about it. I don't think, you know, we're not going to be filling that President's Cup roster anytime soon, but I mean it's, uh, it's getting a lot better, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this question. Would you say that this is the Mike Weir effect?
Speaker 4: Jesus Well, I'll say, you know what they I'll say this like people like I can I can see Tron just laughing right now. But you know, if you if you if you talk, if you talk to you know, golf courses and whoever else who are in you know, people who are in the game. The two things that they always point to are obviously Tiger having the impact that he had in the late nineties, but Mike we are actually playing well for that what four or five year stretch from like the late nineties into two thousand and three, two thousand and four, but he got to number three in the world, and it actually like he did have a big impact on on golf in this country for sure. If you if you, if you talk to guys like Hadwin in Hughes, they do they do mention we're quite a bit as as obviously a big influence. I mean they still usually mentioned Tiger first and everybody else would, but he's definitely had a big influence on the game up here for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, he's I mean I bang on weird a lot, but he's really it's obviously had a he had a he had a few hot really like historically good years there. How many more majors do you think he had? Sorry, how many more Masters do you think he plays in?
Speaker 4: But before he gets the water, Yeah, I mean he actually didn't play that bad this week. I mean he had that one. He was he was close to the cut, he was flirting with it for a little bit. I'd have to look it up. Well, yeah, he shot seventy nine on Friday.
Speaker 2: Larry just earned himself, like.
Speaker 1: He avoided the big number though I don't think he had.
Speaker 6: He didn't have a single double.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, if if they let they let Larry Mice play forever, I mean it's not it's not like, yeah, he's done, he's done well the last couple of years, but there was that stretch there too where he didn't do anything.
Speaker 5: I mean, one of my favorite things about this year is that Fred Couples is fifty seven and Larry Mies is fifty eight, and everyone looks at is like he's eighty nine.
Speaker 1: Making I kind of missed the days of like Charles Coody and like some of those guys going out and shooting like.
Speaker 2: Eighty eight eighty nine, and they were.
Speaker 6: Just kind of demented about it.
Speaker 4: But what what would what would Dary Player shoot in this course today? From from the Back.
Speaker 2: Tis God ninety five?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna say.
Speaker 5: I was telling you guys the other day had actually Buddy Tom Alter, friend of the pod uh, playing with Gary Player at his Part three course in a big Cedar lodge. Tron's plays Alter alters like a two handicap. I mean, he's a stick and Gary eat him.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: I meant, granted, granted, that was like a Gary player seth Raider signature design.
Speaker 5: Though, right, you guys, you guys want to talk about west Wood rise into the occasion today?
Speaker 2: You know what you you you already you already got torched by your you know, Westwood just being in it, in the thick of it all week.
Speaker 6: He was never in the thick of it. That's the point.
Speaker 5: He did exactly what I said he was going to do, which is like hang around and ash a huge check and never ever ever be you know, a factor.
Speaker 1: You know what, he beat He beat the most underrated player in the world by seven shots.
Speaker 5: Though that's true. Everyone's got a bad day, man, He's.
Speaker 2: He's beat I think he did. He beat Phil?
Speaker 6: He beat oh probably Phil.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he beatshil well after Phil.
Speaker 6: Had lost his chance to win. He packed it anything care honestly.
Speaker 1: I think Phil was just trying to stack up Crystal.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so uh so Sergio Sergio is out as best player without a major. Westwood just is just anchored in on one of those spots. But who else is up there? Like, is Coucher a legitimate case a best player without a major?
Speaker 4: He has he has a case? I yes, I mean because he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Play well enough in majors like he never can he never.
Speaker 2: Actually this is the third top five in Augusta. Yeah, but Andy won the players. He won the players.
Speaker 1: He gets it, y, he won the players.
Speaker 2: The players come on the best field in golf.
Speaker 6: He's one of the players.
Speaker 5: He's won the Memorial, he won a playoff event, he won the match play I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's got a w GC like.
Speaker 5: Stunted Tron, despite your despite your bulter, won two wg.
Speaker 2: So you know, is it is it Ricky?
Speaker 6: Now, it's gotta be It's gotta be the rictator.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, it's it's well, so that so that was my question. Then, like is there so statute limitations? Obviously, like Westwood was the guy he's gone at this point. Is it too early for It's too early for rom and Peters? Then, like you can't just know they can't.
Speaker 2: You can't be playing like your first time around certain venues and be the best player of that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but from a from a uh for being technical here, the best player to not win a major is probably John Roth. The best player in the world does not win a major, right now?
Speaker 2: What about Matsuyama, He's he's in there. Yeah, Paul Casey doesn't win enough Man more kind of there, kind of isn't really like a bona fide outside of West West was the only one that.
Speaker 4: You're like knocking them off.
Speaker 5: I mean, look at who the last major winners were, Sergio, Jim Walker.
Speaker 4: Henrik dj DJ.
Speaker 6: Yeah, isn't Can we talk?
Speaker 4: Can we talk about Patrick?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Talk Patrick missing a cut again and still not having a top ten in any major that he's played.
Speaker 2: Is that hard draw?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: You can't that one to death on the l.
Speaker 4: I've told I'm Old Sally so many times that that that Reid is basically just the American Poulter, and time I say.
Speaker 1: That, all right, going back to Couture, Coucher has zero zero second place finishes in majors, one third place finish, three top fives all in the Masters. He's he's He's played forty five majors. He has eighteen top twenty fives, one top three, and out of all those majors, I don't think he's ever there's been one Masters that I can remember.
Speaker 3: Him actually having a chance, having a legitimate chase chance.
Speaker 6: They missed a really bad put on fifteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But of the of the players, I feel like he's the only guy that, like, you know, it's too young to put that pressure on Ricky at this point, you know, of like he needs to win.
Speaker 6: You know, Ricky played in I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean he's I played in since twenty three times four, so he's probably played in twenty majors.
Speaker 6: It's like, it's a lot of majors.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're if you're if you win and five percent of your majors he played in, you'd be one of the greatest players of all time.
Speaker 1: You know, all right, he's played, he's playing twenty two, he's playing in twenty nine majors, made twenty two cuts, and he's got two seconds, one third, and five top fives. So, I mean, granted most you know, the majority of those were in twenty fourteen, which was a transcendent year, and he really hasn't done much since then. But yeah, he just never really Ricky just never really got it in gear.
Speaker 2: This week, he never hit He's hitting it terrible. He was like this cuts, he was forty second in strokes gained approach going into today, and then he hit one green in the first six greens. I think he had hit four greens by through twelve, so you know, you just gotta hit greens to to make birdies and come from behind. It's especially with Sunday the pressure. But yeah, Patrick Reid, I really believe that he's got to ditch the draw to contend in majors because that's just that you can't. It's hard to hit it close when greens get firmer and firmer, and pins get more and more tucked because you're coming in with overspin and it. I think I think he's got to get a little bit more neutral of a ball flight. Like Ryder cups, he's great because the setups are extremely easy and set up to make birdies, you know, middle middle flags. But I think I think Reed's gotta gotta get a more neutral ball flight.
Speaker 6: That's a strong take. I like that.
Speaker 2: Think about DJ he started, he started.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Sergery Stenson, Fader. Don't that's the question.
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't know that he needs to necessarily get rid Like it's it's the type of thing, the type of draw that he plays, like he slings it all over the like, it's just it's like it's such an extreme draw that like I don't know, I'm I'm a little I'm also always like a little wary of guys who just like, Okay, well I'm just gonna try to hit a fade now. Like it's it's not like I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, it takes a lot of work to get rid of it.
Speaker 3: Just such a veiled insult at Kimer. It's not a veiled sub subtweet.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: Let's say this real quick, by the way, when everybody writes their previews next year about like having to hit a draw Augusta, let's look at the guy that just won, yeah, Drion finished second, and the guy who.
Speaker 6: Finished second, and the guy who's won six times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and uh, I don't know.
Speaker 6: That's one of my least if it takes.
Speaker 2: You look at that leader board almost.
Speaker 5: Read today by should they move the Sunday pain on sixteen? Can we talk about that?
Speaker 2: Take who should that Golf Digest dies?
Speaker 4: You want to you want to take that on Trump?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't think it even deserves words and time to be frankly honest. You know, let's say, hey, what was better today or last year's Open championship? Stanton Michelson Duel.
Speaker 4: Uh, it's it's it's it's Stenson Mendelson for me, like, I don't like. I obviously I was very happy to see the result today, but I mean I don't from a pure golf standpoint, there was I don't think I'll ever see anything better than what we saw lats oft year at the Open.
Speaker 6: I think it was today.
Speaker 5: I think today for me, just because I knew the course is so much better and you know what's going on and you know where the misses are and all that stuff, and like it just draws you in so much more. And I feel like Sergio is just such a better He's a better main character. I feel like, yeah, so I'll qualify that the story today is better. The story today is the actual physical golf was way better last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: And they were making like long putts last year too. Yeah, like they were like they were they were draining everything.
Speaker 6: I kind of was thinking about this.
Speaker 5: I kind of like that about today, that you had these two dudes who just ball strike the cover off the ball and it's so dicey on whether they're going to make the putts or not.
Speaker 6: That was so fun to watch.
Speaker 2: Because you're worried on every like three and four footer with those guys. I mean, I guess Stenson. I felt that same way with Stenson all last year through that Open Championship, every time he had a four footer. As the thing that was that was good about today was it went all the way down to the stretch. I mean, you know that's Stenson, the Stents and Mickelson thing. When he hit that iron on the par three that I thought he like pull hooked by the way he reacted and just handed the club to the caddy. But then at lands like eight feet away, it was over then. But you know today, I.
Speaker 5: Think they could have made today better was and I know I'm kind of contradicting what I just said, but the only thing that could have made it today better is if it was Sergia winning the Open for his first major. I don't know what I thought so much. It's just so much more his his style.
Speaker 4: So what is That's why I think it's the opposite though, because it was never it was never supposed to be this one, like if anything, it was never supposed to be.
Speaker 6: This and like Phil winning British, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well I didn't. I mean look today, like I said it earlier today too, but like at least on the front nine, it seemed like there was there was one player who was actually hitting good shots like Rose, until about what seven the first seven holes or so, it seemed like Sergia was the only one consistently hitting good shots, and then it was basically just Sergio and Rose the rest of the way, Like every other guy that was supposed to contend today basically faded and so like, I don't know, it's it was. It was a weird day. The story today is amazing, but yeah, I think I still think last years was probably a little better.
Speaker 1: So all right, So what's your prognostication on the next couple of months for Sergio?
Speaker 6: Does he just go into like.
Speaker 1: Laid back shots are relaxo mode or does he does he try to keep the moment. I'm going to parlay this into something.
Speaker 6: I don't know any of you. Have you been to Aaron Hills?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, what's what's look there?
Speaker 2: Hey? You know, I don't want to compare it to Chambers Bay.
Speaker 4: But I played it.
Speaker 2: I played it like eight years ago, so you know, it's been it's been a while and they've done some changes, but it's really long. It's like eight thousand yards from the back piece. It's like stupid and it's uh pretty well.
Speaker 5: One of the things that was most impressive today was how Sergio drove the ball, just how he just drove today.
Speaker 2: He's hitting it far all week too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how it has that much lag and the it doesn't like and he gets that much rule out of those drives.
Speaker 6: Like, yeah, they were just going forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean like like the ball would just anybody else in the world, Like you just have that kind of lag and get that steep on it, even drivers, and the ball would just blude on you.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He rotates, man, rotates, flag and rotate. But so from from here, you know what, what do you think uh as we go uh forward? Like, is anybody going to watch the Heritage or is everybody going to have a big hangover?
Speaker 1: We're going to the Heritage DJ and aren't going to the Heritage.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll be on the ground. Yeah, I'll be boots something.
Speaker 1: I love the Heritage, Dude. It's like the chillest week after the Cauldron that is the Masters. Uh, you're just hating on you know, you're hating on the RBC. Uh, you know, the the Royal Bank of Candidate.
Speaker 2: You know, you know, Who's prime, Who's prime for a win? Next week? Donald RBC Ambassador Matt Coucher fresh shot the.
Speaker 6: Last time, the last, the last one.
Speaker 1: TVC saw the last time that I stepped foot on the grounds at the Heritage Matt Coucher hold out on the eighteenth toll.
Speaker 6: That was the last shot I.
Speaker 1: Saw that the bunkhot to win, all right, Yeah, but the bunker shot that would have gone like forty feet past if it didn't hit the pin.
Speaker 6: Hey man, shoot shoot or shoot man?
Speaker 2: Well, hey, if that would have happened to speak too, if at the deer, you know, and he may never have gotten.
Speaker 5: So you know that's why, Man, the more you practice, the luckier you get.
Speaker 6: Right, I've heard Gary Player's name.
Speaker 1: Like ten times too many lately.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I hope you extend extend this week.
Speaker 1: No, I think Cuture and I we're gonna have at some point down the road, we're gonna have some sort of summit and and hash out.
Speaker 4: I need to be there for that summit, I really do.
Speaker 3: I feel like, you know what, I feel like the page has kind of turned already.
Speaker 5: I feel like knows it's inevitable that eventually he's gonna be gonna become a mac Coacher fan. But he's already he's too deep. It's like the Civil War. He's already like he's guys, he's already chosen his side, and he can't go back on his word.
Speaker 6: Down I might. Uh yeah, I'm gonna get him.
Speaker 1: Broiled in some sort of bets sometimes where I'm gonna be forced to work coatures like sketchers for like a year, and you're gonna notice.
Speaker 6: You're just gonna just keep going with it.
Speaker 1: And then I'm just gonna say to play another I'm gonna another eighteen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So should we overrated and underrated? Thing out?
Speaker 2: You got? You guys want to do overrated underrated?
Speaker 6: That's a I thought, that's the Friday staple we'll do.
Speaker 2: We'll do three truncated version. We'll get it out of here, all right. We're gonna start off with has Thomas Peters gotten overrated?
Speaker 6: Oh? You starting?
Speaker 4: No, not at all. He's a stunt he's doing. He's the I can absolutely see him when in this tournament at least once. And I would absolutely think from what I at least from what I've seen about Aaron Hills, like I you can't be surprised if he actually was out in one.
Speaker 5: Thatthing in jim Yeah, I'm gonna say under underrated. Yep, that guy is just a phenom the Belgian rom ag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'll never go overrated on him. That was a terrible one.
Speaker 4: That Okay, we'll go with. We'll go with.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Walker sneakily top twenty this week despite having mano.
Speaker 6: It mono, I missed that.
Speaker 4: I didn't even.
Speaker 2: Know that so overrated, underrated Jimmy Walker, Tron, I feel like you were ready to go on this one.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna abstain I have to say about Jimmy Walker.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't want to fall into a trap of saying everything's underrated.
Speaker 6: So I'm gonna say overrated on Jimmy Walker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know, Like to me, like he he's that time major winner like Keiden or Duffner, and I mean he's he's a good player. I just I don't know. I think I think for the nets, like for the nets like two years, he's gonna be an overrated player, and then I don't know what that means going forward, but it's I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think he's kind of we were talking about guys earlier who you know, the regular PJ tour schedule is just so conducive to these guys who bomb and gouge and are a little sloppier and a little kind of you know, just not as not as tidy, not as major championship. I know full well that he won one of the last two majors, but the point, the point still stands. I think he's the guy that goes out and shoots you know, twenty six under in.
Speaker 6: Hawaii and and wins those events.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think his legs are every picture I see of him, his legs are just super long. Crazy hits it far man, Yeah.
Speaker 2: He does hit it far all right. Uh Master's food.
Speaker 6: Oh that's the good one.
Speaker 1: Are we gonna make a distinction on it or just say it just lump it all in general.
Speaker 5: We're gonna lump it all in the whole actually stable TV. We're just trying to start a fight. Loved it all it together. H I'm gonna say a little a scoche overrated.
Speaker 1: I think the I think the eggs seld sandwich is underrated, but the pimento cheese is so overrated that it just drags it drags everything else down with it.
Speaker 6: I like the pamenta cheese. I'm in on it.
Speaker 4: I've I've actual so, I've I've never been, so I can't really, I can't really comment on it. I mean pimento cheese. It's it's not doesn't sound much. It's something for me at all. I know Shane Bacon's probably gonna kill me over that, but yeah, it's not for me.
Speaker 1: I hear they put bagged milk.
Speaker 4: The base, that would make it so much better, Like you have no idea.
Speaker 2: So so last one is gonna be a twist. What's the most underrated stretch of hole, Augusta.
Speaker 6: I mean three holes?
Speaker 1: Are we talking like three holes or like what.
Speaker 2: You can put you can just three We'll say, we'll say three hole stretch, underrated, three hole stretch. So you can't say, heymn corner, that's not underrated.
Speaker 4: If if I was gonna say, if I if I had to pick one, I think it's one, two and three. Yeah, Like I like, I love the first hole, like it's so so like it's so difficult. I don't know.
Speaker 5: That was awesome to watch on Thursday and Friday, just watching guys get ejected from to start their.
Speaker 4: Day and like to like two you should have you should have a chance to get at least one back and then like a potential you know, yeah, it's one, two, three, I don't I don't think there's any doubt about it.
Speaker 1: So I was gonna say three, four, five, just because I feel like people I don't know, I feel like two is properly rated. People give it it's due. Three doesn't get a whole lot of attention. Four, But I would say three, four, five, But four just kind of I don't know, worth too long now, and it's just the hole doesn't play as it was intended to be playing. I don't think but five. I think five is the most underrating holes on the course. That green is just awesome, yeah, I think.
Speaker 5: I mean, this is an amen corner one with thirteen, fourteen, fifteen or like three of the best holds out there.
Speaker 1: That's such a bad take.
Speaker 3: That's you guys, know, I mean, you guys have already covered it. Though there's there's there's no all right talk about this. I'll tell you six seven, six, seven, eight is the worst one of the.
Speaker 1: Top two or three best part fives in the world. Number fifteen one of the top five or six best part fives in the world in my opinion, and then fourteen is a great hole.
Speaker 5: There's like literally no other stretches I could have said that, you guys didn't already touch on.
Speaker 1: So that's right, and you're trying to stay away from seven because seven is like a.
Speaker 5: No, Well, that's what I was gonna say, six, seven, eight is the worst stretch on the course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as uh, I was gonna go one, two, three. I think fourteen so underrated. No, bunker's awesome hole. I think seventeen's underrated. I almost said sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, but I don't like six. Hey did you guys see the old pictures of sixteen the greens?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sweet Cui unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I was reading an article today that I just I almost lost, like all hope for society. Golf WRX did a did a article interview with Robert Trent Jones Junior. It was it was called, uh, it was called like looking at Augusta National through like binoculars, and it talked about how they were the royal family and then he was like talking about the changes they made and they were like so yeah, we we we wanted to make instead of bunker You know, bunkers were supposed to be car crashes, so we decided to take out bunkers and put ponds in and you know, just like everything that's wrong. I see those.
Speaker 1: Pictures on Twitter yesterday.
Speaker 2: The guy was yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's somebody d m me. It made a good point. If they went to that bunker style, the golf course couldn't be it couldn't be so perfectly manicured.
Speaker 6: Then yeah, there's a dispix. That's what threw me out.
Speaker 5: Was that mixed with like the azaleas and like all the flowerings like it?
Speaker 1: But how cool did like twelve look where the bulker just goes.
Speaker 4: Up in the hill.
Speaker 6: That's awesome. I love it.
Speaker 5: It's just that's what it would be a weird juxtaposition to have that and like perfect everything else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'd have to like overhaul the whole vibe and that's not going.
Speaker 6: To happen, Rob Collins for dollars.
Speaker 2: We're stuck with the ice cream scoop bunkers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just take out all the times I'll say it. Andy. Can we talk about the pool?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I just I looked at it. The other a second ago. Some guy won. We got to come up with best names.
Speaker 6: So you're here first.
Speaker 1: Congratulations.
Speaker 2: Let me see the guy his picks were really good though.
Speaker 5: You know who finished Hi? You who finished high? Was poor ass? Obstructed privates?
Speaker 1: Where my where my name? Then?
Speaker 2: Queen Flee, I think took a big tumble on on Sunday. You know I found.
Speaker 1: Another good one moment was I think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we got uh it was Tyler Harper, Kansas thirteen one. Let's see where quef was?
Speaker 4: That was?
Speaker 1: That was my favorite name, just because there were so many names that were trying so hard to do something witty. This did just rolls.
Speaker 6: Queen.
Speaker 2: We fully went from like thirty second to nine hundred and thirty second. We got ejected on Sunday.
Speaker 6: The William, the William mcgert of the pool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's uh. There were some good ones. I was a big fan of Tiger's Call of Duty squad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how did we do?
Speaker 2: He was doing good?
Speaker 6: But how did we do?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We like you?
Speaker 2: Oh, I got ejected. I was in I was up in the high. Let's see Sally, Sally finished four sixty four.
Speaker 1: Sally thoughty one, he talked like He was like, dude, I think I won.
Speaker 2: I was like, he DM me and asked me, am I winning or something?
Speaker 1: You didn't even have the winner, dude.
Speaker 2: Uh, Romulus and Remus came in. Uh, you came in fifty seven hundred and ninetieth out of six thousand entries. That was me.
Speaker 1: And a lot of those entries probably had probably had Dustin Johnson and them.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: Well, that I say, hard to compete when you don't have somebody from the the good guy category.
Speaker 2: And then Tron you you came in forty for forty forty five hundreds.
Speaker 6: That's not that much better.
Speaker 1: The weekend was not kind to me.
Speaker 4: You would have you would have been higher up if you picked your boy coach.
Speaker 6: True. I came out, but.
Speaker 2: I came in three thousandth and then started. Did you do an entry?
Speaker 4: I totally forgot to even enter.
Speaker 3: Starts as Queen foot Fish.
Speaker 2: All right, well, hey, great masters, we'll have to do this again for I guess the US Open. We can talk about how many bogies people are making and yeah.
Speaker 5: Hell yeahol, I need to avenge my badness.
Speaker 1: You should probably do a pool for the players to.
Speaker 2: Just make JA happy.
Speaker 6: I love it. I'll see you guys down there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, alright, I'm gonna I'm.
Speaker 1: Strong with the President's Cup. Update two this week, excuse lined up to make the squad.
Speaker 5: I forgot that is that your thinger Sally's thing that you're gonna get.
Speaker 1: Get I'm gonna get the President's Cups.
Speaker 6: My baby Adams stacked up some points this week.
Speaker 1: I think I don't think Adam Scott wants to play in the President's Cup.
Speaker 2: Charles Schwartzel, you know Adam Scott will because it's he gets to stay in Manhattan for a week. He'll be like, oh, you know, I get a jumping up in Manhattan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's he's pretty worldly. You're right, you know he'll probably he'll probably.
Speaker 3: There's what about having outlet and soho that will probably go.
Speaker 1: Hit the flagship store.
Speaker 2: I think, all right, well we're out. Thanks for coming on and uh great masters, thanks guys
Speaker 1: Thanks for having us gars and congratulations man