Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys world headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Heckma Harrison, and Newie Scrugs.
Speaker 4: It is time for the Players Lounges right here on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 5: We are at the SWBC podcast studio.
Speaker 4: At the world headquarters of the Dallas Cowboys. Hackma Harrison is here, Barry here, I am new He scrugs saying, we have football conversations to to chat about talk about with you right now. The Cowboys are going on Monday night against the Cincinnati Bengals and Joe burrow.
Speaker 5: Man. I asked coach McCarthy about him yesterday.
Speaker 4: So mikel a lot of a lot of praise for Joe ban no choice Joe by super Bowl quarterback Joe.
Speaker 5: Bur Joe borrow Yes.
Speaker 4: So he talked about a play he made way through and got a thirty two yard game. So he's been studying film up there and one of the more impressive first round overall picks that we've seen here in the NFL.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry man, that's a that's an icy little is that is that terry cloth? Well, I'm sorry for those who can't see right now. We got the quarter zip.
Speaker 6: That is that?
Speaker 5: A man, that's a quarter zip ThReD Countess.
Speaker 2: I think fresh Nike at the tasty you gleaming the twelve.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, what were you talking about?
Speaker 4: I was just like, my man, thank you, Mike sink, Phil my boy, Mike over there, zips that looks good on the golf course. Man man saying by running the sink, I ask you just let him know. You know, he gave me a bag. I got a bag, got a bag of so large for me. I just thought I'll see what I can. I'm actually heading over tomorrow Thereday City signing day at TC tomorrow and then they've got the uh they're gonna let us talk to women's basketball coach over there. Okay, yeah, yes, damn over there. So they're top ten team now. Sunday at six o'clock, National champions South Carolina running it, Don Staley, Yes, sir, so I will.
Speaker 5: I'll be there.
Speaker 4: No Cowboy game on Sunday, so I want to go watch Don Stanley coming to town.
Speaker 5: I'm coming to go watch.
Speaker 2: Does a lot of her players go though today or they still They just recycled.
Speaker 5: They just recycled, like U cont South you want something?
Speaker 2: She?
Speaker 5: I mean you're talk about selecting. She's selected. Now, she get the top of She get the top me you like to come here?
Speaker 4: I mean it's drastically different than the Southeast lot of teams I covered back.
Speaker 5: In the day.
Speaker 2: Were you talking about going to the league, going to a lot of her big time players from last year gone? But it don't even matter because they were They don't even it don't even matter. They got another one another one.
Speaker 4: We just we select. We're not reading recruiting. Oh you're to now yet?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 4: We lived for top five certain so yes, yes, I mean she's not good man that watching her. The final four was the final four two years ago. It was the first final four that Caitlyn Clark was. It was a great it was a great final four. So it was Iowa. South Carolina came in as the favorite, LSU came in, and then it was Virginia Tech and then Iowa had beat South Carolina. But when I was there at that the practice before they had the final four, she was like a rock star all these go these kids were there trying to sign autographs from me.
Speaker 5: It was you could like that was a super first star like them. Okay, just got Aura around you. Yes, she was like prime. You know.
Speaker 4: It was like there was coaches, then it was Don Staley. So anyway, they're coming to town here.
Speaker 2: So for somebody like you that that has covered the sport, obviously you knew Don Staley when she was a.
Speaker 5: Player, Dude, Don Staley. I was Virginia. Yeah, Virginia too young. She was in she was in w n B A, she was in w NBA, but this was before she was in the w A.
Speaker 4: W n B had Bet Bennett overseas. So she was a two guard at Virginia. Tammy Hollywood Reese was the point guard. Then they had the two Burgess twins. I didn't have the Burge and man, they were good. They played, they played, you know, played champions, getting thing lost to Stanford somebody else. Anyway, but I had been a fan of hers for a long time. And she was at Temple. And then Eric Hyman, who used to be the a D at TCU, then went to South Carolina. He ended up going to Temple and convincing Dawn to come down and uh coach sou but he said she was hard to get to know, so she, you know, hard had the wall up. But he said he went up there to Philadelphia spent time with her.
Speaker 5: And you.
Speaker 4: Talking about one of the great hires that anybody's ever made. I mean Eric hym And hire. Gary Patterson is a football coach going to the Hall of Fame Don Staley as the basketball coach Hall of Fame career already there were two national championships. But she's coming to town, man, So it's gonna be let's watch. You know, it's gonna be packed.
Speaker 2: I think I think it's kind of crazy when you have those players that were great in their position when they played that are now great coaches as well. I mean, it's that's such a I think obviously the game is so nuanced between just who you are as a player, but even trying to build culture and relationships within the locker room. When you see a coach being able to transcend and be that on and off you know of the field, that I think that's tough, but also that's something really kind of major, something to attribute to them as a person. When you can translate that both of those great player and great coach.
Speaker 5: How do you head lot, how do you see about Dion? Right now?
Speaker 2: That's the thing I think as far as Dion is concerned.
Speaker 5: You know how great he was as a player.
Speaker 2: I mean he was generational as a player, but as a coach, his ability to get these young men not only to come in buy into the program. His culture is different than the culture in Georgia. Okay, but then young men are coming in and they are being you're not reading if you could see anything in the paper, this is Colorado players, this and that Colorado. You're not reading that. They're not talking about that either. But the ability to get that culture, get everybody to buy in, get these guys to understand how the NIL works for them, get them to understand what it's going to be and where you fit at the next level, if you could go to the NFL, because he knows he already has the groundworks. Any look what it says, I have a gold jacket out and pay for right. The man is a Hall of famer, but also as a coach, his ability to lay the groundwork for that, him and coach Stalley. That's what I'm saying, Like guys that can do that. Man, that's something very special because now nowadays the players that they are dealing with as coaches are different than the players that they were when they played massively massively different because they had to do everything from the dirt right. They didn't have all this stars and projections and all those things. They get to do it just because obviously that's the sport they loved.
Speaker 5: They were the best where they were.
Speaker 2: But now as coaches after all, I mean, I think that's phenomenal what it speaks to.
Speaker 4: I've read this book by Adam Grant called Think Again and Hidden Potential, a really great, great author, but he talks about the challenge for people who are brilliant to be able to become teachers to teach it to people.
Speaker 6: Yea.
Speaker 5: And for instance, Magic Johnson could not coach.
Speaker 4: Magic could see things that other people just can't see because he's magic. They talked about Wayne Gretzky and somehow they checked out his vision like you see here. Wayne Gretzky's vision went to like there that he literally could see things other people could not see when they checked out his vision. And so for Dion right now to be able to be this next level player, Hall of Fame player and then be able to teach it.
Speaker 5: That's hard.
Speaker 4: Same thing with Don say. A lot of people can't do it. Usually it's the other way around. You see somebody who is an okay player who had to really study thee about the fundamentals and techniques, then they could go out and teach it. Jerry Sloan was an NBA player, good player, but great coach. Rick Carlyle NBA player but great. They show one the last dance getting abused by Michael Jordan. They got when they started playing that that ll cool j.
Speaker 5: Bad and it was it was the game like that.
Speaker 4: It was hilarious because because Jordan went golfing with Danny Ainge on an off day and he said it was leaving the off course. Oh yeah, by the way, tabley DJ got something from tomorrow Dennis Johnson and it burned my eye. Guarded him, Dennis Johnson, guard that. They show Carlile guard him and Carl he just like threw his hands up as Jordan and then look Rick, Carl he wants his mommy. You know that he was coaching here at the time.
Speaker 5: Nobody said that.
Speaker 4: No, we saw you on that, we saw you on that that and then Jordan's Rick Carlo played a Virginia, So you know he was Jordan been getting on him for years.
Speaker 5: You own giving him buckets this word. You know, me work every day. Everybody already carl and so, but Rick could teach. He's a great coach.
Speaker 4: He's a great coach. But that's that's a hard thing to do. And I mean, look at Jordan's greatest to ever do it. But as a GM, it was tough.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think I think Jordan's caught up in that same He can't pick players and also he has a massive personality that even his players can't get in the same room with. You know, what can you say to Michael Jordan? You don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 5: What do you say? You can't throw that line out there with Michael Jordan in the room. What do you mean to Jordan?
Speaker 4: He killed poor Kwame Brown, He took and you know, just abused it mentally, and just like that, that's when you watched the last dance at the end of episode seven. Episode seven is epic, because you will Purdue makes no bones about how much heated like Michael Jordan and Jordan getting on him because Jordan's used to say that man he called Will Vanderbilt because he played it. Man, he said, you was good enough to be named after the Big ten school. And then they asked me, bgr show. Was he a nice guy? He couldn't have been a nice guy to play at that level until Michael goes through the whole thing of hey, man, I played the game at a certain standard and all my teammates came after me, and you had to play to that. And he said sometimes I had to drag people said I have to get somebody. Then I got somebody. But you ask anybody. Michael Jordan never asked you to do anything that he didn't can do himself.
Speaker 5: And that's the difference. And it's just it's tremid and tell you and he cries.
Speaker 4: You see him tear up at the end and he's like, you want to play that way, don't play that way. And then he said cut, No, he said break and then he but he was just that adamant about one. But he as a general manager, he was too hard on guys. He hired too many friends. The problem he would get hiring buddies and friends like Rod Higgins to go run this didn't work out. I grew up a Hornets fan. When he took over to the Hornets man, it was hard. Oh, I forgot about it. They took took another, took another dude, man, another white guy.
Speaker 5: Who's that guy? He can't play? I mean, George Is that guy could play. They just could not play.
Speaker 2: He was trying to get on the European wave. A lot of people got it, the Mavericks. Mavericks figured it out. Everybody, he cannot check Republic, he can shoot the three bring him everybody.
Speaker 5: Nobody wasn't that dude?
Speaker 4: You known Tony k Everybody hit that dude over there?
Speaker 5: Man, Everybody not that dude. All right? We were on Joe Burrow. Yes, we're on Joe Burrow. Here Joe.
Speaker 2: He had three thousand yards man, three thousand yards, thirty touchdowns, five interception, bad off its.
Speaker 5: Line with a bad off insive line to get killed each week he getting smacked up.
Speaker 4: He is, I mean there are foreign there FOURGN eight They had sko on with cried crying about the Bengals.
Speaker 2: Now I don't think he was crying about that. That That man was mad, hurt. There's something else going on behind the door. Something else going on with that.
Speaker 4: Situations like no, Joe, you said the Bengals was gonna be good, They're not good to listen and then you got you.
Speaker 5: Know, you're wiping you.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh, this man talking about to hope him this man and drank some hope um up there and he finally relays off of it hurting.
Speaker 5: That's gotta be.
Speaker 2: Hard for since Sinnati bigles fans to watch this team knowing that you got one of the best quarterbacks in the league and your team is underachieving like this. You sit out the power rankings, saw the power rankings with Cincinnati there. I mean, come on, this is this isn't where you expect the team with a generational quarterback, a guy like Joe Burrow that's literally raising these guys to a level each and every week, and they're still massively underachieving in that division, which is one of the worst division, what's one of the toughest divisions.
Speaker 4: So your point being, and this has been my issue with Cincinnati four. I've never believed in the coach, Zach Taylor, even though he took him to a Super Bowl. I don't believe in them. Also, I don't believe in the construction of the football team. I've got a quarterback who went to Kansas City and won an AFC championship game, and since that time, they not improved the offensive line.
Speaker 5: Boy getting I mean, with all due respect, we watched the Cowboys cut little Collins.
Speaker 4: And then he had start in the first game, Yes, first game to get Pittsburgh.
Speaker 5: J J.
Speaker 2: Watt, Yeah, look out, Doug and got him.
Speaker 5: And they just keep where where's the offensive lying a man? That's bad.
Speaker 4: You know they're taking news at the camera dot We're good, right, Joe started, Oh gosh, so I don't get that, So you know protect this man got Jamar Chase, one of the best.
Speaker 5: They trying not to pay him that.
Speaker 2: They literally told this man they are not going to negotiate the contract. Nuts, this is nuts. Didn't care that he was sitting out, didn't care. Hey, we are not we stand no business, no no down. That's we stand on. You know how we are standing on and had and had other Bengals players in the media going, don't do it, just don't do it.
Speaker 5: He's not gonna pay you. You'll sit out all season.
Speaker 2: Just imagine they will sit you out all s and then a lot of times it'd be these players, we fight for them, and we get you know, ticked off at them when they sit out and do certain things. But at the end of the day, when you see some of these injuries, you're like, man, I'm glad the dude set out and got his got his coin, and here it is right now. Jamar Chase, obviously one of the best wide receivers in the league, is unguardable, unguardable on a lot of fronts, and him and Joe Burrow, I mean they are They're trying to take this on all by themselves and do it.
Speaker 5: You can't. You can't do it.
Speaker 2: That's the one thing about that organization to me that really has thrown me off over the years. And that's why I feel like in this game the Cowboys, the Cowboys have a challenge with a team that really that down in the dumps because the players on that team got to know the same thing. You know what it is, you get you ain't protecting the quarterback they got.
Speaker 5: That's that's one of the biggest things.
Speaker 4: And so I do think if they got to I don't think they keep Zac Taylor.
Speaker 5: There's no way go get a better.
Speaker 4: Head coach and find someone who can like the coach, who can go to man. It's been to say, we must address this offensive line. We must want pay Chase to protect Joe and then run some better concepts out there to help the defensive.
Speaker 5: Help to that defense is I've always asked, where did zach Zach come from? Was he a Shanahan guy? I don't know he was. He was a quarterback coach for Sean McFall. No play you come from.
Speaker 2: He was the former quarterback in the league. I think he played accurate. Wait, he was in the league. He played one year in the league.
Speaker 5: Like for the Dolphins or somebody. But yeah, he played for two teams in one year. I believable. I mean, look, Kevin O'Connell, you know he wasn't exactly.
Speaker 4: I mean he played for the Patriots to come home and this you can do that that profile.
Speaker 2: He went to the I don't know, I'm guessing him. But either way, either way he.
Speaker 5: Went to the back. Okay, I don't know, we'll find it. Either way. I'm asking a question, where did he come from? How did this happen?
Speaker 2: Because all of a sudden he emerges as as a head coach and this is one of those guys that really if you think about him flying under the radar with his job.
Speaker 5: Before Joe Burrow got.
Speaker 2: There, it was already murmurs and talks of this guy has maybe you know, over his skis in this whole situation. Like play calling was the time of you know, all of those things where people were like, look, man, something's going on with this guy. And then all of a sudden Joe Burrow. You get Joe Burrow and the like he's.
Speaker 5: Stood next to m Van and you you was it? You fit your description? It did it did? Barry got people coming after me on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you did it to yourself. You actually did this with yourself. No, no, no.
Speaker 5: Talking about that, talking about that, Barry Church. Respect.
Speaker 4: The playoff loundes brought to by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 5: Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 7: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL. Because you know games that show America's team on and off the reels, Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a proud sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Gambling problem.
Speaker 7: Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 8: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 9: Prescott kitsch it slid for the first down.
Speaker 8: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to.
Speaker 5: Be named the twenty twenty four Fan of.
Speaker 10: The Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 5: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 2: Tis the season youth football and dance camps presented by Invisiline. Don't miss your chance to learn from the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders at dance camps on December twenty seventh and former NFL players at football camps on December twenty third and twenty seventh. Celebrate the Holidays with the Cowboys. Register today at Dallascowboys dot com Slash Camps Santa at the Star Thank you.
Speaker 4: Heck Ma Harris send you Lounge about you by Aristocrat Gaming he Harrison, Barry Church, former Cowboys Safety and new he Scruggs also follow the show. Go on Twitter. We are players, Lounge players Underscore Lounge. Check us out over there. We appreciate the feedback we've been getting here on on social media.
Speaker 5: Talk about it. Why was they coming at you like day man, because you know, I put it out. I put it, I put it.
Speaker 4: I put the word out and put the word out there bout you all loving up on killing Wore.
Speaker 5: It's my guy, man. I want somebody believe in me, like Barry Church. I believe you. Kellen Moore, do you understand?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm and justin her don't let go justin her. I think I think Danny Dimes let go of hisself. Danny took herself off the hook. He figured out, you know what I'm saying, he got off that narket.
Speaker 5: I hope that was real. That was the blue magic, all.
Speaker 2: Right, That was.
Speaker 5: Was crazy. He got a bad match, that fact I was saying.
Speaker 4: But you know, man, you know so I put out I put out the tweet promoting the show, and I said, as usual, Barry Church got on his soapbox for Kellen Moore did it. I just don't feel the same way about the Eagles. O C pretty easy to call plays when you have a potential m v P at running back. Just respect watch the pod. It's just that somebody be weezy. Kellen can flat out coach. Ask Dak be weezy what I'm saying? I responded to be weazy. Understands, I said. Jack led the NFL in interceptions his last season with Kellen. He led the NFL touchdown pass his first year with Mike McCarthy calling plays.
Speaker 5: Then I got the jim when the brother steps his head, like, think about it, think about it, think about it. And then Ray she come at me.
Speaker 4: She says, uh, was that because Kellen called too many of the bounce off Noah Brown's hands plays.
Speaker 5: Damn, no one catches it straight. He ain't got his ticket, man.
Speaker 4: So I responded to Ray, I got no one catching the hell Mary Washington.
Speaker 2: I will give you that it gives man, and then be weezy gonna say stop it.
Speaker 4: He was also racking up the interceptions is year, and I didn't respond to be weezy at that time because I wanted to come out there and have to talk about.
Speaker 5: The offensive line issues and the.
Speaker 4: CD and the maybes at the receiving corps and they will right the running back room being being a shell of what it used to be.
Speaker 5: So I didn't want to say all that. I didn't want to. You know, that's crazy. But people, man, but the bud but your.
Speaker 4: Little sponsor, So I appreciate that, and uh yeah, man, but okay, more.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's doing this thing though, his thing of you got the number, what they gotta be top five offense in the league.
Speaker 5: Game the game is doing this thing. I mean, so let's make sure we understand.
Speaker 4: One of the things that McCarthy did mention with Kellen Wore was, hey, man, I've been in this spot. You know you want to o see you call him players, you want to put up points. Mike kept talking about complimentary football, which meant underlining running, run, pro tech, the defense. Okay, so Kelln, the joystick leaves here, goes out to charging what the joystick do? Fire everybody. So now he's in Philadelphia, what's he doing. He's doing what Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 5: Told her, to the ball.
Speaker 2: He's coachable, running the ball, he's coachable, because Harry, that's how, that's how great ones get better.
Speaker 4: How he rose in the coach, how he rose now, Harry, in fact, the ride you like Zoro, You're gonna run that ball.
Speaker 5: You're gonna run it. The Sirihanne in there shaking his head like this is wild. Run the ball.
Speaker 2: We didn't hear any of this back in April, back in June when I was saying I didn't have to, when I was saying Kellen Moore gonna go to the Eagles and they're gonna fly. H I mean, see if he could bring up the tape.
Speaker 5: But you was there.
Speaker 2: I thought, I was like, this is exactly what's gonna happen. Y'all knew who he had out there. A. J. Brown, Hurts Saqua was a part of the bunch.
Speaker 5: I ain't hear none of this. Anybody could do it. Run right, run left. I ain't hear any of that.
Speaker 2: Now all of a sudden, when he's doing today, it's anybody could do it.
Speaker 4: Kelli Moore could have been coaching the Bears and he was gonna be on. It would beever you were. You enjoy you on a joy but whatever you go.
Speaker 2: But what has happened? Are they not one of the best teams in the league? They are best offenses in the league. They and I And if you didn't say that all season though, what would you say in the all season?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 5: Even when they had what after? I found that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Man, joy?
Speaker 2: If Keller Moore had an auto autobiography right now he wrote his book, what was what.
Speaker 5: Should he name it? Thirty percent? Look at twenty six goal, he's gonna name it. Do what you got to do that it's gonna be on.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be You're gonna be the old Ron Washington doing the game asking, Hey, we.
Speaker 2: Said no, you could do what they did. Hear the name of the book is, how do I take credit for this? You could do what they did here?
Speaker 5: Mike was right.
Speaker 2: Mike was right, fifty miles right.
Speaker 5: That was your man right. It's the problem, got no right excuse?
Speaker 2: Keep the reason we're like this from Saint Kwon Barkley after a year like this, I mean, his two favorite players, say one left, sake one right, touchdown, touched down.
Speaker 4: I'm not left right, get it, Take one out the back, take one out the.
Speaker 5: Fourth play, fourth plays? Would you rather be making crazy?
Speaker 4: So we're gonna give you what you gotta do one jumping over people like give Kellen Moore credit.
Speaker 5: And I would rather I would rather what Kellen Moore is doing right now? And would you rather that? Or we'll be here now, what's what's the right here? We're fining five and seven? What would you rather be?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: So somebody, somebody, somebody gonna go out there and mess up, make him, make him head coach.
Speaker 2: He'll be say all that, say that, like coach, that's where's going. Some guys are coordinators. That's where it's going. Yeah, the rumbling verse.
Speaker 4: If if coach soul and Zach Taylor and Connor can get jobs, Kellen Moore can get a job in this league there hired.
Speaker 5: Listen to me, Kellen, don't do it, man, just you got a lane right now, right there.
Speaker 2: Man, you don't want to You don't want that because that's a different it's a different lea minutes different than so. His genius has limitations. This I've always said, he is that eliteer. Always you rich. I've always said, hey man, you got your coordinator, okay, don't don't plot thickens always so you know, I was in the locker room with my guy, like I was there. Sometimes sometimes you don't know everything about everybody will get out and I'm like, you couldn't follow that, you know, I was in the locker room and he was just different kind of That's what we were just talking about, you guys and guys like.
Speaker 5: JS.
Speaker 4: James Johnson just hit us up on Twitter. I was there, but James hit up on Twitter. Since I think growth can happen. But I don't know how much of a leader of men our guy is, but he can. He can dial up a few Madden players. That's what That's why I'm there.
Speaker 5: You go stay in your lane. You know I will support you. You know what I mean, I'll be like, yo, you could do it, but only okay.
Speaker 2: I mean, but the next the next step for him after this is him becoming the head coach. That's when I'm gonna be at the train station. I mean, I was just talking about Cliff Kingsbury. Cliff Kingsbury. You're starting to hear the rumbles about it.
Speaker 5: Come on, there's another He ain't a guy out there, He ain't he ain't a gat falls. We're seeing it, We're seeing the cliff. This is where it's going this is that.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're looking at the end of the year, maybe what six seven teams that are gonna be looking for head coaches. Just right off the back, he gonna be on the top. He's gonna be, you know, one of them guys. But if I was him, just got a good lane right now, stay in that lane.
Speaker 5: M v P. Possibly. I mean, come on, they gonna get him. I'm gonna be like he kind of gold.
Speaker 2: Because as soon as it got just man, you you've been in the locker room when things don't go right, Things get ugly in there quick, and you gotta have a guy that's in there that can control all that.
Speaker 5: Look Chicago, Yeah, players starting to talk. You know, they were bolted after that Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: They I mean, but if you go to a situation like I mean, come on, where you have a bona fide quarterback and you can bring in a running back.
Speaker 5: I mean this, there's a situation where how did that work out for Keller last year at the Charge? It didn't work out. It didn't work out. How they went out had a quarterback? Birds have to see birds. Yeah, you see how they went out with stately Man. How's it different this year? Ringing and they got right there.
Speaker 4: You know what, man, this is like what Kellen Moore is doing is the equivalent when I went to the New Orleans School of Cooking.
Speaker 5: All the food was right there. All you had to do. They already chopped, go ahead. All you had to do is just to put it in. Mix it. You can't mix it up. It's all right there.
Speaker 2: For him, and they still give the chef the award, right, you know what, even though he has all the tools and chicken, you know what, and so so.
Speaker 4: Man, your dish was great, you win. So I followed all the instructures. Me and all these other people. People are looking at me. They're saying, are you a chef or something? I'm like, no, just followed instructure. He was pretty easy. But you thought I was a chef. They thought I was some big touch. And that's what you got with Kella Moore. You are here thinking he's some chef.
Speaker 5: He ain't no chef. He's still going to win. Follow instructure.
Speaker 2: How we said, what's the end result? How he gave you all the what's the end result? Were you a top shit? You could have been like, yeah, that's.
Speaker 5: My dish, that's what Joyce ship. How do I take?
Speaker 2: All that matters is what's the end result, that's that matter, or we talk about what happens in between. Were talking about the end, that's all we talk about. I just look, man, your belief in Kella Moore incredible.
Speaker 5: It's drunk Your wife jealous, Missus Church is jealous.
Speaker 2: Result man at the end, Missus Church jealous like that.
Speaker 5: You could be like that. You could be five and seven, you got me. You could be drunk off nine and two or ten and to.
Speaker 2: My bad, my bad, Keller dunk Off'm glad your wife.
Speaker 5: Don't you can get sober five and seven? Which which you want? Five and seven or ten and two? Oh my god, I want to play to or or or or you can't go? You will, you will, man, you will. Man.
Speaker 2: When we come back, you get the fixing, so you will get grandberry sauce and all that. He dig in and won't dish who got Oh that man got the dish on time. He got the dish. Man potato, who brought it? I worked hard on this potato. I worked hard, No, but he brought it.
Speaker 5: Ke Keller brought that stove shop.
Speaker 4: You brought that stovetop, dressing it. But help on it.
Speaker 5: I made that myself. Oh damn, this is good. Let me that's good man.
Speaker 2: They ain't see the receipt in the garbage, trying to say you made biscuits and they look just like.
Speaker 5: The ones from churches. We know, we know you put the butter on them. Bring trying to bring him back of a cold too. When we come back. Did it win?
Speaker 4: Someone in the media asked the question about brock Hoffman, should he keep his job if and when Zach Martin becomes healthy.
Speaker 5: Let's dive into the.
Speaker 4: Next very church strug this as a players, I talked to you why Aristocrat gaming on Dallas.
Speaker 6: Hey, Danny McCrae, here for Smoothie King. You know every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit crunchy purely a big granola, creamy coconut and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle with two new flavors. It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track. Scoop up new COCOMs moothie bows only a Smoothie Ky, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gearing enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot Com. Check it out today. YETI Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Hugo Boss dot com and Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 9: Raising Caines presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited.
Speaker 5: Rule twelve, no crinkle cut.
Speaker 9: Fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of canes when it comes to winning game day. Caines Rules Raising Canes Chicken Fingers one love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 5: To the Players Loud Cowboy Nation.
Speaker 2: Amanda Foster has been named your twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboy Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan for her dedication to the team and spicing up the game. Vote for Amanda to be named the Ultimate NFL Fan of the Year at NFL dot com Slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 5: Heak Maharrison, Thank you very much, oh man.
Speaker 4: You are in the players Lounge, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming.
Speaker 2: Buggy Buggy Okay got a chance, Man you got it. That book don't work with some time. That book don't work sometime the book.
Speaker 4: Mal office line offensive line prevented it happening this year, I didn't make this.
Speaker 5: So the Pro Bowl voting is in right now.
Speaker 4: The current prom they got Kyle you checked one, which is no surprise.
Speaker 5: My man is at number six. So many fullbacks of the legs. They got a list of ten, they only got nine. I ain't got ten.
Speaker 4: They got nine on here, so Hunter of Lifky, the Cowboys and six man. You know, I said, man, check get hurt. They used my man right, but it was all a dream. So it's not happening. Man, it's not happening. And Mike can't putting him in good positions.
Speaker 5: Man, we got to keep a second set of books. Man, I was wrong.
Speaker 2: We gotta get because it's times like me and you don't have our books. We don't have our books, right see, we gotta cook these things you got right.
Speaker 11: Time.
Speaker 5: He want to go in his arsenal. All he do is I didn't need to go on there. I didn't need to go in the jump you right now? Can you want my blood? Take my take my how you flipping back? I just I was wrong. I was wrong. But it's not wrong with this team.
Speaker 2: Not wrong.
Speaker 5: Ain't no running back here. Can't do nothing with this. Nobody we beted. Uh, we betted.
Speaker 4: Zachadoll Man left guard, left left, left tackle, holding makes that penalties.
Speaker 5: Ain't no room for hunt looking to get nothing. I can't get down with this. You can't get with this.
Speaker 4: Yes, so no, it will not happen. But I meant I was there. I was take my blood.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no, no, you're good good. So when it come down to brock Hoffman and Zach so so.
Speaker 4: For some strange reason, this became a topic, became a topic in the media, and then someone asked Mike McCarthy about it in the walk off section yesterday and and like, well, you know, could Hoffing possibly you know, playing with the job And Mike said, Tank Mark good football player, and he kind of laughed, see what you mean. No, no, but Zach Martin. But Zach Martin is ready to come back, brock off and we'll go to the bench.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I know that's what's gonna happen. That we all know that's exactly what's going to happen.
Speaker 5: But I mean it's been playing well.
Speaker 2: Granted it was against the giants, but you look at Washington, thank you, thank.
Speaker 5: You, Washington front, look at Washington.
Speaker 2: And that off the line was doing the stand. He was one of the main contributors. Like a thorn in the side.
Speaker 5: You you was about to fight somebody about Zach Martin.
Speaker 2: Remember, wait a minute, yeah, wait a minute. The players by Zach Martin. And if you don't have this, you can't be I swear to god. Uh I hate Chris. Chris, get in here, help Chris, come on, get hit them on the show right about now?
Speaker 5: What did you order to right talking about?
Speaker 2: You can't say nothing if you've been in the churchill now we can't we sit this ten days, two weeks and now we.
Speaker 5: Win it? Damn all that, damn it. I don't know. I don't know who is that guy? Boy? You know?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Right?
Speaker 5: So wait so wait right right? We are we going over? So yeah?
Speaker 2: Not right? Go ahead, man, Yeah, y'all know, y'all all wrong.
Speaker 5: Y'all.
Speaker 2: First of all, y'all wrong, right now, y'all wrong, because y'all know that's not what I was saying, right, It's not what I was saying.
Speaker 5: You know what we.
Speaker 2: Know so rock Hoffman has been playing his tail off.
Speaker 5: He okay, And when it.
Speaker 2: Comes to Zach Martin, it is his decision whether he should come back or not. All right, if he's not healthy and he can't come back, give it another week.
Speaker 5: That's his decision.
Speaker 2: That said, what if he's like, I'm ready, he plays, hands down, he plays. I'm just saying, Zach Martin, Hey, rock Hoffman has been playing his tail off, and I'm giving him the kudos that he deserves because he stepped in and he's been a major contributor. Well, Zach Martin was was in man, he was hurt. He I mean, the production of the Office is line as a whole was down.
Speaker 5: It was down. I mean he.
Speaker 2: Couldn't do it. He couldn't move, he couldn't extend. All of those things were bad. Brock Hoffman comes in and you see the difference, and I like, and I like what his coach said, I've a pretty damn good player.
Speaker 5: And which Hall of Famerly he gonna he gonna be in?
Speaker 2: Look, I go with what my uncle says, Hey, you're not in, and to you end talking about the Hall of Fame. All right, and so he will be on the Porch and Canton one of these days, all right. But all I'm saying is, right now, we've seen we wanted to have that depth, and we didn't know about brock Kaufman. How many people can stand on the desk and say that brock Kaffman would have done the job that he did. I damn sure didn't know. I mean, we had had looks at other guys like TJ. Bass, and we've seen that he could come in and replace guys in spot duty. But being able to do what brock Hoffman has done over these last couple of games, I mean, that's that's something to look forward to in the future.
Speaker 5: But right now, Zach Martin is healthy. He can play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And as much as I talk, you know, if he's he go, he gonna play, we all know he gonna play.
Speaker 5: It's just like man, he's Howen was balling.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 2: This is eerie similar to what we've seen this organization do in the past. You know, when it comes to WHOA making sure whoa you knows of a certain.
Speaker 5: Stature don't play. I mean we've all sewy you know, we've all.
Speaker 2: Seen those guys that are behind those guys wait for you know, maybe a little bit longer than they should have because you had a you know, maybe a Hall of Famer in front of them. Man, Look, Zach Marin's a hell of a player, and when healthy, I think he's still one of the top guards in the league.
Speaker 5: So if he's fully healthy, you can go out there. He's gonna start. He's gonna play.
Speaker 2: But you know, if he's a little hindered by you know, whatever injuries may he may have still had from those games, then I wouldn't mind seeing brocking him the chance out there.
Speaker 5: But he's gonna play. Yeah, he's gonna play.
Speaker 4: And that's basically what Mike McCarthy ended up indicating here.
Speaker 5: So yeah, he gonna play. Man. So Tuesday players off.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow, more preparations, they get ready for Cincinna's and Monday night games. So Cowboys rop on Sunday, they play Cincinnati here on Monday. As the Cowboys try to make it back to back winds at Jerry Can.
Speaker 2: I ask this question, when you came off of Thanksgiving and you had a Monday night game, how much was that an of rest?
Speaker 5: But did that feel like a ton of rest?
Speaker 2: Yes, because you basically get two full days like you get that Monday fully away and Tuesday fully away. Like usually when you play Sunday, you get Monday fully off. But then Tuesday you kind of got to either come in here and watch film or something. You ain't not being at the facility. So Thursday extra day, So Thursday after the game. Then then that Friday. Are you off that Friday? Yeah? You off completely? Yeah done? Okay, what about Saturday? Sunday? Saturday Sunday you off? You usually back on Monday, back on Monday. Yeh, that's what can usually get back. But they ain't got that thing until next Monday. Yeah, they're gonna have some good time, some good time, especially after you get a dub too. I mean, the spirits are high seeing the family back to back, but what about the help. I'm asking that question about the health of the team. We're dealing with the injuries that were they should have some cats back. I mean, don't you know the law went down what three four weeks ago? Man?
Speaker 4: Basically what Mike said yesterday that he doesn't anticipate him still going to be in the rehab group, so he's still got a little bit of work left to do.
Speaker 2: So damn guys like Digs hopeful, hopeful on digs Ferguson.
Speaker 4: Ferguson, he believes he should be ready to go. There'll be enough time.
Speaker 5: Get back. Yeah, that schoony.
Speaker 4: Schooney's out there doing this thing. And then Michigan won over the weekend too, So what y'all thought?
Speaker 2: So y'all think it's that big of a deal when Cass plant the flag after you, it is, it's it's a big man, it's a big deal. It's a big especially for Ohio State Michigan. That's a big deal. Was it like how to escalated to that point where teens was fighting? Like where was that doing the game? No, it's I think for the rivalry, for the communities and the way that they build that up through the recruiting and everything, that's a big moment. And for them to bring it like it's that's like taking the knife and just here right here, just sticking it, just sticking it to I mean, some rivalries are different, Some rivalies are different. When I was at Kansas State and we beat KU, the student section walked the gold post from Lawrence to Manhattan. Damn, they walked google it. They walked the gold posts from Lawrence, Kansas to Manhattan, and when I saw the gold post at Agieville, I was like, oh, this is a real rivalry. I mean, so something's just running, bro, that's a dedication on highway because it's time of the year.
Speaker 4: It's it's up there this time of the year. So okay, that's four straight from Michigan, ain't it? And Urban Meyer never lost he was seven, And oh it's not good. They was supposed to stomp Michigan this go around. I worked up when I worked up there in Ohio, John Cooper could not beat Michigan and it ended up costing him his job eventually. Then Jim Trussell came in there.
Speaker 5: He was be them. So this is a problem.
Speaker 4: And basically, if you're Ryan Day, you need to win the national championship, so you make everybody shut up. If not, they could easily raise funds up there to replace him.
Speaker 5: The trick is who do you get?
Speaker 4: That's always my thing. You fire anybody all day long. Who do you go get? And in a job like that, you want somebody to understands it. I heard Marcus Freeman's name for Chicago with the Bears, but Marcus Freeman is a former Ohio state linebacker.
Speaker 5: Marcus Freeman, the coach for Notre Dame. Yes, sir, that's a better job. No.
Speaker 4: I mean, in my opinion, I say his better job in Notre Dame because you can get kids in Tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Willingham were talking about man the hardest system.
Speaker 4: I'm recruiting the same kid that Michigan, Ohio stated I can't get him in more to day. And they're sitting there taking the guys and you know they just wand to was a couple hundred.
Speaker 5: Million or whatever.
Speaker 4: They spent twenty million dollars roster whatever for the players this year. They got bread Man. They got bread I just.
Speaker 2: I guess I said that because his you know, his reputation must be really good to be mentioned in those in those same circles with those jobs. I mean they're mentioning with NFL jobs and the Ohio state job. That's that's respect.
Speaker 5: Leader of men, sir. That's crazy.
Speaker 4: How joy Stick ain't got that. But that's a conversation for another day. Harrison, I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Well he didn't. He just get smacked by Northern Illinois matters.
Speaker 4: Crazy season, Go up, man. Everybody everybody got that. Everybody got a bad everybody got a bad loss this year.
Speaker 5: Man, that's true. Oregon? Okay, Oregon. Yeah, you're ready to put your money on them and take the whole thing. They pretty good put it on. I put you They're pretty good, man.
Speaker 4: Be interesting, be interesting interesting. These playoffs are gonna be wild, man, they are. It's gonna be like the NCAA tournament. You go sit around season, tell me how did that happen? Because it's the playoffs, people go out there balling, So it's me fun.
Speaker 5: This is gonna be a fun From Texas to Heisman. What's what's my guy? What's the running backs name for Boise State? Over over? Travis hunt one hundred percent? Okay, Barry Church is spoken, y'all think he's not agreeing with you.
Speaker 2: You don't think you should get that over Travis hunty over. I mean we've seen what Travis has been doing on both sides of the ball. That's is it a snock count? That's a y'all, Wow, I didn't decide either way. We're at a time.
Speaker 4: Thank Maharson, thank you, Chris, Jazz, Josh, everybody's been a part.
Speaker 5: Of the place. Come at you tomorrow two EI Central time. Right here on Dallas Texas.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.