Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Coveno and Rich podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven easterns to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Find your local station for Coveno Rich at Fox Sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: It's like searching FSR.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we are live from Vegue. Yeah, buddy, Las Vegas is Coveno Enrich and Terry Fader the Blue Men Group and happy to be here live from Vegas.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, Chris Angels live from the Fox Sports Radio studios.
Speaker 3: Come on Vegas. Hey, what's up buddy?
Speaker 1: Hey, you never know who's gonna stop by if you miss any of today's show. You want to catch the podcast, search Covino on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and after the show, yep, the podcast always goes up. Danny g puts up the best of every day rated five stars, follow rate and review or better yet, you could watch what you hear see us live in Vegas right now at Coveno Rich FSR on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Hit the followup button and let's be rocking out. Let's go all right.
Speaker 2: Hey, so much you get to today. There's a great Snoop Dogg Golden State Warriors moment.
Speaker 3: With Steve get to Steve Kerr losing it.
Speaker 1: But I think it would be I feel Steve Kerr though, I'm like easily agitated too.
Speaker 3: Everybody bothers me, Man, that guy had enough? Can I tell you Steve Kerr had enough? And you get to that point? Honestly? I want to karate kick everybody in my way. Yeah, but here's the problem.
Speaker 1: Let alone, you miss a call and then you're breaking my my, my bean bag. I don't know what I can say on Fox Sports. I'm doing my best bean bag boy over here. I want to elbow someone in the nose. And that's how Steve Kerr feels.
Speaker 2: I get the frustration, but I feel like there's some people that you have no reason to be frustrated, like really agitated.
Speaker 3: Can he know it was aggravated? Right now? What you do?
Speaker 2: You woke up this morning, You get a breakfast on the company dime. We had a couple of meetings.
Speaker 3: I woke up this morning, got some gabba ghoul. I don't know about you know.
Speaker 1: We're here having fun, for sure, but that's what when people get away of your fun. You don't think Steve Kurz blessed. That guy has been winning his whole life. But you know, people get in your way and aggrevate you. You become easily agitated, especially when you're trying to start off the new year on the right foot.
Speaker 3: And he saw him blow his lid? Is that the expression, Well, it's better than what I thought you were gonna say. You saw him have a freaking out.
Speaker 1: That was like a yeah, we'll talk about it, but first and first and mostly again. We're live in Vegas, but back in La I want to welcome the super producer that runs the show, Danny jan. He's on the phones at eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. We got Iowa Samuel i studio. He's our sound architect. He's our zany pal who does a stellar job in style.
Speaker 2: If you want to see I woua say I'm described in a video, go to my Instagram at Rich Davis. I'm trying to record some stuff at a studio yesterday and I look out the window and Iowa Sam's doing that thing where he looks like he's rowing a boat by the window, and.
Speaker 3: Then he pretends he's going down a staircase. I wouldn't be surprised if Iowa Sam like rode a canoe to work.
Speaker 5: He's been raining so much here like I could canue to work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he might have one.
Speaker 5: Busts is where I learned that.
Speaker 1: You know, of course, Spotty Boy is on the video. I spot again. You can see what you hear, Covino and rich Fs are and it's just a lot of fun. Thanks for being part of it. We appreciate you. You're gonna hear from Low and chron from time to time. He's got your updates and Broke Mahomes Showboy and Mahomes will be here with trivia questions later.
Speaker 3: Today, so it'll be fun.
Speaker 2: Hey Dandy j I think I have an opportunity for you to show off your deep singing pipes at some point soon. Have you seen uh Raiders fans singing Abba Fernando?
Speaker 5: Oh of course, yeah, this has been going on for weeks.
Speaker 2: But I but I saw the video you said to us, and it's a compilation of all Raiders fans get really pumped about Fernando Mendez.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, imagine one dude outside the stadium.
Speaker 6: Rich In there at Allegiant one Stadium, one stadium fan comes out of the porta Potti singing it.
Speaker 1: I can already Danny G only singing like Luther vandros Or. I don't know, like, hey, hey.
Speaker 3: Small weed every day that's really very white. Maybe sure, yeah, very white. There you go.
Speaker 2: But microphone, we're here in Vegas and you could already tell the buzz from the locals that, you know, the Raiders feel like there's some promise, there's there's a buzz in the air. I know it's more of a terresty town, but I've seen a couple of Raiders people already looking pumped.
Speaker 3: So we'll talk some of that.
Speaker 2: But Danny G, you hit us up with the fact that I did my own little extra due diligence and looked up some playoff performance records because there's a meme going around, and I know we live our life based on memes. The one Seeds and the two Seeds. This year in the NFL postseason, if it wasn't screwy enough, if it wasn't already a little wonky, were you like, what teams are good, Who's who's ready to bring it wonky?
Speaker 1: Would you believe that, by the way, that's a really white guy word wonky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you told me I'm you I'm your favorite wonky, right, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's my favorite wonkee.
Speaker 1: I never heard a brown guy say wonky, hony a little wonky.
Speaker 2: Never heard never, not no, no, no Latino dudes that never wonky.
Speaker 3: Maybe once in a while.
Speaker 1: It's like when our buddy said hubbub the other day, I'm like, I had a hubbub.
Speaker 3: Who says, don't say hubbub.
Speaker 2: So you can make a big hubbub about the wonkiness of the one seeds and two seeds having never.
Speaker 3: Won a playoff game.
Speaker 2: Bo Nicks and Drake may Over in the AFC neither have won a postseason game, and over in the NFC, Sam Darnold and Caleb Williams Man have.
Speaker 3: Never won a playoff game. So, but that's what's so cool about the NFL.
Speaker 1: And as you've been saying for years, we made fun of you, rich, but you're so right, the parody, the turnover right of new quarterbacks and watching these players develop, watching these kids step up, it's so cool to see. So yeah, it's their first time.
Speaker 2: I want to go around the room. And this is not a quiz. You're not going to be judged. There'll be no report cards. But I cross referenced all fourteen quarterbacks okay that are in the playoffs this year. All right, Just to talk about playoff experience, because while you might say, dude, either like the Broncos or the Bear, some of these teams just look better. Yeah, but when you have zero experience in the form of a goose egg in the win department when it comes to postseason games, then you throw like an Aaron Rodgers in there. I would love for you to start with that. I'll go through the AFC. First, you got Drake May and Bownick. Neither have got their first ever postseason win. I want to start with Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 3: Take a guess.
Speaker 2: I don't want to Danny spot anyone taking guess. How many postseason wins do you think Aaron Rodgers has?
Speaker 3: These guys have zero. Man, that's tough. I don't play on the spot.
Speaker 1: So he has more experience for sure, I mean twenty something years more experience. Let's see, man, how many playoffs? How many playoff wins?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll give you this. I'll give you a hint. He's played in twenty one playoff games.
Speaker 5: Ooh, I'm going to say half of those, then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is eleven and ten in the playoffs. Aaron Rodgers won a super Bowl and he has won a postseason game eleven times.
Speaker 7: I was going to guess eleven if you had come to me really because I'm a Packer fan, I was like it probably ten or eleven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so eleven wins for Aaron Rodgers, he's eleven to ten. I mean, think about it. When you make the playoffs a lot, unless you win a super Bowl, there's always going to be an Ellen there. I know that sounds like an obvious statement, but like Josh Allen, what do you think his record is? Because Josh Allen's never made it to the super Bowl, but he is in the playoffs every year, which means you're gonna have some l's in there.
Speaker 3: What do you think Josh Allens?
Speaker 7: Let me guess, I would say he has four playoff wins, No three, three, three plains.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say I'll.
Speaker 3: Go three, three through about three. Josh Allen's five and eight. Yeah, so five and eight.
Speaker 2: And then that's why when you look at experience, you got to decide how much do you think that matters to you? Because you might say, dude, it doesn't matter. Some of these other teams are just better. Drake May and Bo Nicks are on two teams that are, i mean arguably just better than the other teams. Both things could be true, there would be better teams. But experience that that could be could help Aaron Rodgers, I mean that could be, that could be the great regulator though well yeah, yeah, mound up, I mean it really could be. Honestly, when you're talking about, yeah, this team is just more talented. But this quarterback's played in two, like almost two dozen playoff games.
Speaker 3: And the other quarterback like c J. Stroud, c J.
Speaker 2: Stroud, Everyone's saying, oh, Aaron Rodgers at home playoff Aaron Rodgers versus c J.
Speaker 5: Stroud.
Speaker 3: C J.
Speaker 2: Stroud is one and one in the postseason. He's been there, he's won a game, but one in one. Aaron Rodgers is like, yo, I've been there twenty more times than you. Kid, eleven and ten. Josh Allen five and eight, Trevor Lawrence. Josh Allen's five and eight. What do you think Trevor Lawrence is in the postseason? He had an atrocious game. If you remember, he had one bad game.
Speaker 3: I think he has like one playoff win, we'll.
Speaker 5: Come back against the Chargers, right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one and one for Trevor Lawrence. So one in one. Oh, I wasn't thinking of him.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: The atrocious game last year was by the to two Justin Herbert. So now you're saying, all right, Justin Herbert Owen two Stroud.
Speaker 3: One and one Lawrence won and one.
Speaker 7: Lawrence's one win was the massive collapse by the Charger. Sorry, Isaac, Yeah, up twenty seven to seven, I believe, So that's his one.
Speaker 3: I'm still sorry.
Speaker 1: Does does Trevor Lawrence's one win, yeah, matter anything against Josh Allen's five.
Speaker 3: That's really what you're saying, you know.
Speaker 1: I think Aaron Rodgers may play a factor because he has so much experience. I don't think nerves will be a factored for a guy like him. I have a question if he still has a lot to prove. I think, yeah, there's a clean slate here, but it all comes down to.
Speaker 3: Isaac teams and what they're capable of. Isaac won. Crown's a man of integrity, man wisdom.
Speaker 5: Obviously don't know me that well, but yeah, and he's a Chargers fan.
Speaker 3: Not much style.
Speaker 8: Oh guys, I'm sorry. No, no, no, guys, I'm sorry. We we actually no joke. We have breaking news right now, seismic news that I have to duck in here.
Speaker 3: Let's go, let's do it. Whoa breaking news from Fox Sports.
Speaker 8: Multiple outlets report that the Baltimore Ravens have fired head coach John Harbaugh.
Speaker 3: Wow, wow, man, Luke better send him an edible arrangement. Damn you know.
Speaker 5: Tom Brady better get on a private plane right now.
Speaker 3: Damn Harbaugh. Is that gonna be a hot commodity or what?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he will be hired in forty eight hours. I think you.
Speaker 3: Think Harball's all righty, Like he's that level.
Speaker 1: Put money on it, can you? We're here in vegae h forty eight hours. You think you'll be hired already?
Speaker 5: He fired himself from Baltimore just to get a different job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I bet you.
Speaker 1: Tom Brady will jump on a call with him. Somebody will for sure.
Speaker 3: All right, So Harba's fired. That's big news, Thank you, Isaac. Wow.
Speaker 2: Ilo breaking in and I was just talking about how great he is, and he brings us this great update.
Speaker 1: I get a stop that ILO's the man, He's the man of he's just the man.
Speaker 2: So Isaac Clone Cron, let me ask you, Isaac Low and Cron, your guy that's called games. I know you're a broadcaster, You've done play by play, color commentator, you've done it all correct.
Speaker 8: Yeah, is my big one?
Speaker 3: What do you say?
Speaker 2: It's a big difference in the level in which you call game, whether or not it's like some no game that no one cares about versus a game that's like televised and everyone's watching. What do you say, even if it's a little subconscious, doesn't affect your nerves a little bit?
Speaker 8: That's a great question. I think it differs from broadcaster to broadcaster. For me, it actually doesn't, because I've run the gamut from sell out seventy thousand foot stadiums to literally twelve people there. For me, personally, it's more about the quality of the game than it is the hype going in. But that honestly differs from broadcaster to broadcaster.
Speaker 3: And from player to player.
Speaker 8: Yes, it should be big, no matter what the situation is. But for a lot of people sometimes they're kind of looking at the clock and mentally planning dinner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard broadcasters, I've heard program directors.
Speaker 3: That's like the boss in our radio world say, listen, the.
Speaker 2: Only difference between being on the air in Los Angeles or New York compared to you know, like Road Oak, Virginia or Poughkeepsie or something, is the amount of people around the antenna.
Speaker 3: And that's the only difference. Do what you do.
Speaker 2: But I've also heard NFL players and baseball players, basketball players, the pro say, hey, listen, there's regular season speed, this playoff speed.
Speaker 3: And then this Super Bowl speed.
Speaker 2: Like people get up for different level of games, whether it's subconscious, whether they realize it or not, there's just a different level of like, you know, every play.
Speaker 3: Matters more and more.
Speaker 2: And I think an absolutely, that's advantage. That's advantage, Like Aaron Rodgers, that's advantage. Josh Allen, that's advantage. Matthew Stafford. And if you want to go to the NFC, you have Caleb Williams and Sam Darnold who haven't sniffed the w in the postseason. Brock Perty's four and two and he's been to a Super Bowl. Matthew Stafford's five and five, he's won a Super Bowl. Jalen Hurts six and three in the postseason, and he's won a Super Bowl, and Jordan Love won and one so Bryce Young obviously making his debut in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: But I don't know to me.
Speaker 1: All right, But let's just say, and I'm just saying this for a conversation's sake, Let's say the Chiefs made it into the playoffs, they hobbled in somehow.
Speaker 3: Just because they have that experience, You're gonna give him some sort of edge.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Damn well, their team wasn't you.
Speaker 1: Know, capable regardless of the experience and the wisdom are been there done that.
Speaker 2: It's funny would say that if the Chiefs had somehow hobbled in and made it towards the very end or something, Let's say.
Speaker 1: They Even though I get what you're saying, I'm just I got to throw that in there for sake of conversation.
Speaker 2: You know how, sometimes when it's a veteran team with veteran leadership, and you know, whether good starting pitching in baseball or a couple of stars in the NBA, the goal is like, just make the postseason, and then these guys know to step it up.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying.
Speaker 2: Aaron Rodgers is going to make a run because that team's not great, But I would not be shocked.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be shocked.
Speaker 1: Would you be shocked? If you know John j is composed. I'm not saying these things don't matter. What I'm saying is all of these things matter. It could be, you know, our our favorite reference when we interviewed Sugar Ray Leonard name drop years ago. He talked about just bio rhythms. When you wake up, is it your day or not? You know, how are you feeling like? All these little things matter?
Speaker 2: These things all matter for sure. So the tone of the game, how does this start? So but here's our moon of the game, here's our fun Covino rich twist on this. All these things matter because a lot of guys are our first timers.
Speaker 3: A lot of guys have not got that w yet in the postseason.
Speaker 1: Again, Drake may and Boennick's and the AFC, Sam Darnold and Caleb Williams in the NFC first timers, I gotta.
Speaker 2: Ask, what have you done in your life where the first time you were like, wow, I must have got lucky. I I nailed at the first time I have I have one dirty example and one professional example when I lost my virginity.
Speaker 3: Whoa. I remember being like, I'm doing pretty good. Really, I remember being proud of myself.
Speaker 8: I remember you telling me that, oops.
Speaker 1: Yeah listen, I was, uh, didn't give you a gift?
Speaker 8: I you know, he said, yeah, Rich, what happened since?
Speaker 3: Rich? I know?
Speaker 2: But I feel like beginner's luck there. And here's a fun one in the world of broadcasting. I went on my first audition.
Speaker 3: You're saying, young little Dicky Doo laid it down teenage me.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Was.
Speaker 3: I look back and I'm like, I'm proud of your kids. I'm all the years I've talked to you, I'm not sure I knew that story. Other beginner's luck.
Speaker 1: You know what happens all the all the smutty, dirty stories. They they creep back when you're in Vegas. That's which is what it's the Vegas you started thinking those things.
Speaker 3: Beginner's luck.
Speaker 2: I mean, I went on my first TV audition and it was for some corny thing on Nickelodeon, and I got it, and I thought, oh my god, this is going to be easy.
Speaker 3: And then I didn't get anything. I didn't get anything like the next ten years.
Speaker 1: It's like the cal Ripken Derek Jeters sort of story where you jump into the league and you think the rest of your life is going to be that way.
Speaker 2: You win, you win the championship your first year, you won a World Series, or of super Bowl your first year?
Speaker 8: Yeah, super Bowl? What what Nickelodeon show is this?
Speaker 3: By the way, I was doing? Oh he was Steve from Blues Clu Isaac.
Speaker 2: I was the guy in between all the shows that was like coming up next on Nickelodeon, Keenan and kel and it was just.
Speaker 3: Me on screen with spikey hair.
Speaker 8: Like seriously, well, what year was this? Because I probably watched.
Speaker 3: You two thousand and two thousand and one.
Speaker 8: Wow, is that on YouTube?
Speaker 3: You could find it. I'll text you something during the break.
Speaker 1: The hell you doing watching Nickelodeon. Good for you in the early two thousands.
Speaker 3: You're my age.
Speaker 8: Look at you A good point.
Speaker 2: Isaac's tabs on his on his computer right now are John Harbaugh and rich on Nickelodeon.
Speaker 8: You're right, they literally are.
Speaker 3: I'm not making that.
Speaker 1: Up, but yeah, but yeah, I see what you're saying, Like, you know, Will Drake may experience that beginner's luck, that first time luck. You know, we'll bow Nick step up in this way, you know, Rich, I have to credit our buddy Lenn, my girlfriend's dad, Lenn, who listens on ninety nine to nine in Boise and Idaho. He took me fly fishing and I'd never gone fly fishing.
Speaker 5: I'm in the.
Speaker 1: Water, I'm wearing what are they called? Wait, I'm in there and like like swimwear. I'm in there not knowing a damn thing, and he's, you know, showing me the roll ups.
Speaker 2: How the way you fly fishing reminds me of like, remember when Paris Hilton in the two thousands at that show where she did like h.
Speaker 5: Oh, it was very much like Simple Life.
Speaker 2: It was exactly you fishing reminds me of Paris Hilton on the Simple Life.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: It was comedy, it really was. But he was very patient with me. And I'm worried about my hair and I'm like, I don't know what I'm doing. What do you say before I Votos don't say fly fishing though. They don't say uh hubbub hubbub hullaballoo. They also don't fly fish. Yeah, I know I mean about those fish though.
Speaker 1: But I'm out there in Idaho fishing and hey, I don't know what I'm doing at all my first time and dude, I called twelve twelve that day on my first.
Speaker 3: Day the villa.
Speaker 1: Anyone else there? You know, I don't know if that's beginner's lucker. Maybe I'm just the Roy Hobbs of fly fishing. I felt like I put the fly and fly fishing that there's just fishing before.
Speaker 3: You right, it was just finishing. Man. They were like, yo, it's fly fishing now.
Speaker 1: So anyway, you know, first time beginner's luck, it did happen.
Speaker 3: It's the allah.
Speaker 1: You remember when mister Miyagi spent his whole lifetime trying to catch that flying with the chopsticks.
Speaker 2: Yes, Daniel LaRusso did it first time. So here's my question to the Fox Sports Radio Nation. If you have a story where you were like, first time's the charmp first time good luck, And then which quarterback in the NFL that has yet to win a playoff game do you think has that beginner's luck? Is it Drake May Is it Caleb Williams who comes out in their first postseason game and lights it up.
Speaker 3: It's a good question.
Speaker 2: And by the way, if you're just joining us, not only are we talking NFL Wildcard big news, another head coach out, John Harbaugh fired by.
Speaker 3: The Ravens, and Danny.
Speaker 2: G believes that in forty eight hours, the guy's go to be doing interviews and have a new job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure he's not worried, and you know he cares. I love that behind the scenes footage they showed last week when he's at the bar, the team's at the bar and he realized they still have a shot and they're celebrating. Like the dude cared. They just had a bad scene, you know what. You know what makes me think about it was a weird season. Even Lamar Jackson said weird. The whole season was just a little off for them. I don't know if you want to point the finger at him, but he's available.
Speaker 5: Covina.
Speaker 6: When we filled in for Dan Patrick a week or so ago, we talked about the rumors that were coming out of Baltimore, fast and furious about how Lamar maybe was on the outs with the organization because of some of those reports. One report being from a longtime Baltimore reporter, is this the Ravens choosing Lamar Jackson over Harbaugh?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, very well? Might be you know, you heard some weird rumbles like that Danny. Even Lamar when he reflected on the season, it did sound strange. So for that move to be made, I think you're onto something.
Speaker 2: Are you saying with Lamar and Derek Henry in that style offense that Danny?
Speaker 3: Do you think the Ravens might be leaning towards like yeah, if.
Speaker 1: Something less vibe and maybe that's that's what wasn't You've heard Colin talk about it, like the trend towards like uh, you know, offensive type of guys.
Speaker 3: Right, yep, that might be the move for for the Ravens.
Speaker 2: But interestingly enough, we always tie things to relationships because sports and relationships have so many commonalities.
Speaker 3: Harbaugh is a great example of you.
Speaker 2: Know that girl that she was actually a really good girlfriend in your life, but she just wasn't the one anymore.
Speaker 3: And you're like, yeah, you know what, we're gonna break up.
Speaker 2: But you know, I don't wish any harm, Like you were a good girlfriend, just not the one for me. I don't think anyone's saying like like Harba is the type of guy that someone else will want. You're right immediately like this is this is interesting? I just wonder does Harball want to go somewhere else immediately? If you were a head coach in the NFL, Covino, Danny g.
Speaker 3: You got to take that opportunity.
Speaker 2: Well there, but would you you know a lot of head coaches like I'm gonna take a year off and then I come back, or if something's in front of you now in this seven vacant six other vacancies, now are you are you intrigued out the gate or do you say, nah, I need a minute. Man, I've been coaching this team for a decade plus.
Speaker 3: Easy. Was he one of the longest tenured coaches? Right?
Speaker 5: He was?
Speaker 8: He was right by Mike Tomlin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I was.
Speaker 2: Gonna say he was coaching the Ravens when they beat my forty nine ers in Kaepernick was the quarterback.
Speaker 3: So it's been like, you know, it's while, it's been easily over.
Speaker 2: A decade the harpball ball, think of that, Isaac the harbball ball. Since then, Jim Harbaugh's gone to Michigan, won a title, had some drama, and now he's already like into a tenure in you know, Los Angeles for the Chargers. Meanwhile, his brother's just been chilling in Baltimore the whole.
Speaker 8: Time, and he has the flexibility to choose an attractive opening, which could be the Raiders, the Giants, some of the others may be not so attractive. But also he has the flexibility that if he does what you said, if he wants to take a year, he's going to have people lining up to throw money at him for a cushy TV job in the meantime.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's that's.
Speaker 2: The novelty of a of a guy of that statue. He's a Super Bowl winner.
Speaker 3: Think think about thinking about this options man.
Speaker 6: Ilo just said Raiders, Giants, if Vegas lured him there and he was interested in picking his quarterback and all that.
Speaker 5: Who's the other coaches in the AFC.
Speaker 8: West exactly think two hard bowls a year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dag spicy.
Speaker 8: But he has the flexibility because, aside from the Giants' job is attractive, but others aren't necessarily that attractive.
Speaker 2: So, yes, the flexibility if you have an opportunity to go somewhere where you're like, oh, that's a quarterback I could work with.
Speaker 3: That's a team that's trajectory is upward.
Speaker 2: I think you know, no offense Danny I think the Raiders have nowhere to go but up and now they're going to have Mendoza, they have Bowers and genty and like we talked about, the Raiders are like you know, think need to revamp both lines, but they're not maybe as far away as you think, right.
Speaker 5: If they if they spend their money wisely.
Speaker 8: And agency and the Giants are farther along than the Ravens because of the quarterback, the running back and the pass rushers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, interesting, Well, listen your feedback at Covin and Rich at Fox Sports Radio. We'll talk more about this experience, and of course Harball, the big news of the day, what happens now?
Speaker 1: And the raindo question based on the first timers looking for their first playoff win, their first appearance in the playoffs, was there a time in your life where you experienced beginner's luck? First time you rolled up and it was like you've been there, done that, Like you've been there before, you were just the natural at it. We'll take your phone calls and your feedback. Next eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox, It's Covino.
Speaker 3: And Rich live from Vegas.
Speaker 2: Now, have you ever wiped with a piece of dry single play toilet paper and wondering is this as good as it gets?
Speaker 3: Well, it's not.
Speaker 2: It gets a lot better thanks to the wet extra large cleaning power of dude wipes.
Speaker 3: And we say extra large, we mean business.
Speaker 1: So no matter what the size of your from top to bottom dudes, as you covered for a confident clean, they comfortably clean up whatever TP leaves behind. So no more maintenance wipes, debris, no way, irritation, not a chance. It's time to make the trade of the season and switch from TP to wet extra large dude wipes and start experiencing the confident clean of dude wipes made from one hundred percent plant based natural fibers, coming in a variety of scents and sensations like Minty Chill and Shay Shape Butter.
Speaker 3: To protect your end.
Speaker 2: Zone Shay Shape Butter, I join the movement right now available at Amazon and at major retailers nationwide. Dude Wipes best clean pants down.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's Rob Parker and Calvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 9: And in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio. We are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: You can now watch the Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 9: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 1: Come on, Danny singing Bro Fernando Fernando, Fernando, Covino and Rich live from Vegas with Danny g Our, resident Raiders fan. He's pumped about Fernando, the possibility of Harbaugh, who is recently like, first.
Speaker 5: Of all, I don't sound anything like that.
Speaker 3: True, but you do. Second of all, Second of all, I hate this song. We're live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. Embarrassing that I do like aba every time I hear an Appa song. I'm like, this is a good song.
Speaker 1: Embarrassing, but it's not surprising at all. Your next success can begin sooner than you think. Apply now and save with no application fee through February eleventh at University of Maryland Global Campus. Yeah you this new year, you put your goals within reach at an accredited state university. Learn more at UMGC dot e Edu. Again, Covino and Rich, We're here in Vegas and the rest of the crew back in Los Angeles. The numbers eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox stick around because we are giving away prizes playing games. We got Showboy Mahomes trivia, So multiple choice trivia for your chance to win an NFL Nerve Football, CEN rn FSR NERD football and breaking news with Loewen Kron hardballs out what does that mean? But we're in the middle of a conversation about Drake may Bow, Nick, Sam Darnold and Caleb Williams. Is their first time in the playoffs. So who's going to have that beginner's luck? And we want to hear your beginner luck story? Eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. If you have a story, but Rich, I know you got something on your mind. You're sitting there giggling like the school boy.
Speaker 2: Have two dumb observations. One I'll stay for later. It has to do with Tom Brady. But you know how talk about how your names sometimes age you. When we were kids, think of the quarterbacks Joe Montana, Steve Young, Dan Marino, Bernie Kozar out of the boomerisiasin the names were like now considered like older guy names.
Speaker 3: Phil Simms, phil Phillip Sims. You know you're talking about guys like that.
Speaker 2: Now when we just name those names that it dawned on me that it's like Bo and Drake and Caleb and Samuel, like these are like the kids of my little league team.
Speaker 1: Like sam is it was an old guy's name back now Yeah, now, Steve our name and Rich they sound like old guy names.
Speaker 2: You're in love Jordan, Jalen, Jordan's Bo Drake. If you coach these are this is your roster for any little league or pony ball or anything.
Speaker 3: So I got it just the coming of a names.
Speaker 5: I got a first name for you guys. Yeah. Tyler as in Tyler Loop oh man.
Speaker 1: You know, we were talking about him off the air. Did he cost Harbaugh the job? That's a really tough question because there's probably a lot of truth to it.
Speaker 2: They said, did you believe in the sentiment that whoever lost that game coach was out no matter what?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Kind of because how do you let him go if they make the playoffs there?
Speaker 2: Because they started terrible, and you could argue that they battled back to find.
Speaker 1: A way to you know, which is ironic too, because who was one of the first guys there to console.
Speaker 3: Young Tyler loop.
Speaker 2: It was Harball, but you know what, maybe Harbaugh wanted a fresh start and he's like, hey, she's don a deep down inside like you know what, it's how the cook crumbled ends.
Speaker 3: They know how it was.
Speaker 1: But you know, I think there is truth to that, and your thoughts on that as well. Eight seven seven ninety nine, O Fox, Danny G. What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: You know, you guys were telling me, well, Tomlin might have been out, but there were rumors that Tomlin might have been wanting one foot out the door there for a fresh start somewhere. You guys saw him do the gorilla pounding on his chest and then uh blow that hard kiss to the camera, right because he's been hearing hate for how many seasons in a row.
Speaker 2: I interpreted that chest pound and the kiss as an f you to everybody.
Speaker 5: That's how I took it too.
Speaker 3: Did you take it that way too? He looked at that camera like, yo, every critic.
Speaker 2: He might have been talking to us and Colin and Dan and steven A and McAfee and anyone that's on radio TV.
Speaker 3: He was probably looking up bump bump, bump bump have you?
Speaker 6: And there were there were some Pittsburgh fans who have boot him over the last couple of seasons. There's some media there that have been harsh towards him. And what does he do? He wins every single season. But when you can't get over the hump constantly, the fan base starts to get frustrated. And that's what's gone on there in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's it's uh, it's like when when things aren't that bad in life, at a job, in a relationship, anywhere, it's hard to pull the plug on something when you're like, that's all right.
Speaker 1: So Loop cost Harbor his job. Yeah, but he kept Tomlin's job. Which is he more ironic him missing kept Tom Tom Yeah?
Speaker 3: Interestingly Aaron Rodgers winning it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I'll be honest, I think as much as Lamar's fun to watch and who doesn't want to seeing Derek Henry bust open for like fifty yards at a time here and there, I think the Aaron Rodgers making a postseason run and.
Speaker 3: It could be. It's so cool, you know.
Speaker 2: It's interesting, especially when we talked about the playoff experience. To tie it back to our first conversation, when you have c. J. Stroud and that defense that Houston has. On the other side of the ball, very little experience, DeMarco Ryan as a head coach, little experience in the postseason. And then on the other side of things, you have Tomlin and Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 3: It's the opposite.
Speaker 2: It's it's almost an abundance of experience in big games.
Speaker 3: Both both have been there, done that.
Speaker 1: So it's gonna be fun to see, well the new blood be victorious or would experience overcome. We'll see and your first time is a charm phone calls. They're coming in at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. Lots of moving parts today. Let's take a quick phone call now, and we got Isaac with your update. Who we got Danny g.
Speaker 6: Let's start with Oregon Gunner, speaking of new age first names.
Speaker 3: Hey Gunner, what's up man?
Speaker 1: How're we going?
Speaker 3: What's up? Bud?
Speaker 1: Happy New Year?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 8: I just wanted to say I have to say Rich Joe Hawk.
Speaker 5: What an amazing game by my Sea Hawks.
Speaker 2: Talk about your Niners, Dude, your team's your team's defense. If they play like that in the postseason, I'm not quite sure who could really score on them. I know the Niners are beat up. But I'm not making excuses. Your defense seemed lights out every yard the forty nine Ers games. In that game, we've all talked about how it felt like they had a fight for every yard. So if they if they rest up even more and come out against whoever it might be the Bears, the Niners, the Eagles, whoever they get in the next round, it's going to be a battle.
Speaker 8: You team's good, man, as long as the ginger Jesus doesn't give it away.
Speaker 1: I don't have no faith in that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that might be.
Speaker 8: One thing that I think one team is underrated right now that I think it's a.
Speaker 9: Great team ready to go and make a run.
Speaker 5: As a Falcons, I think that's a great landing spot for any great head.
Speaker 3: Coach right now go forward.
Speaker 2: The Falcons ended strong. You could argue they under delivered early. So Falcons is going to be a really intriguing spot.
Speaker 1: And there's that story with Matt Ryan possibly becoming the president of Football Operation.
Speaker 3: You want to be the top Brady of the Falcons essentially.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's a great blueprint to follow if we have time, we'll talk about it later.
Speaker 3: Before we go to I Loove Front update.
Speaker 2: I just want to point out, you know, how we're so quick to judge quarterbacks and people like on such a small sample size, and we forget that it took other quarterbacks a minute to get there.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's fresh on the mine with the John Alway stuff. Well yeah, you saw lay Well he got there. I mean, but to finally win it.
Speaker 2: We talk about Elway Montana in basketball, we talked about you know, we forget that it took Jordan a handful of years before he got past the Celtics and the Eastern Conference. There's someone that we're all overlooking and I want to talk about him as soon as we're done with Islo.
Speaker 3: What's up? Ilo? What Ilo? Fellas?
Speaker 8: It is indeed the end of an era in the NFL. Multiple outlets report the Baltimore Ravens have fired head coach John Harbaugh after eighteen seasons, including a victory in Super Bowl forty seven. Harbaugh was the second longest tenured head coach in the league, behind Pittsburgh's Mike Tomlin. The Detroit Lions today fired offensive coordinator John Morton. The Washington Commanders today fired defensive coordinator Joe Witt Junior and mutually parted ways with offensive coordinator Cliff Kingsbury, the athletical bort of the Commander, who's also fired offensive line coach Bobby Johnson. The Dallas Cowboys fired defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus. Former Cleveland Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski will interview with the New York Giants and Tennessee Titans for their head coaching job. Colts defensive coordinator Lou and Arumo will interview with the Giants and Titans for their head coaching jobs as well. Finally, Fella was just kind of a thought and a theory about this John Harbaugh business. We mentioned the existing openings with this John Harbon news and him coming onto the head coaching carousel. If you're a team that as a head coach currently but is kind of on the bubble, do you make a move with them now that John Harbaugh is out there. I'm talking about the likes of the Colts, Dolphins, and Bengals, teams that didn't fire their head coaches but had to make a statement saying we are keeping our existing head coach.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 3: That's a great question.
Speaker 1: I think it changes everything. Yeah, there's a there's a new option out there.
Speaker 3: Interestingly enough, if you have a teenage kid, you're as faithful as your options. Chris Rock said that years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you realize that if you have like a teenage kid, their life hasn't involved another coach other than Harbaugh eighteen years Do you remember the last coach of the Ravens? I guessed it right, But does anyone want to throw it out there? Who was the last coach before John Harbaugh?
Speaker 8: Brian Billick?
Speaker 3: Brian Billock? That seems like an eternity to go.
Speaker 2: You were wearing bootcut jeans and you know you didn't even have a smartphone yet when Brian Billick was the coach.
Speaker 3: Damn, it's been a minute. So this player I'm talking about I mentioned it before.
Speaker 2: There's a guy that I feel like we might owe an apology because much like every sport, we forget to give people an opportunity.
Speaker 3: To grow ours initials t L.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll talk some more NFL Wildcard and a bunch more Covino on Rich next doing it live from Vaguas.
Speaker 3: Hey, are you facing hiring headaches?
Speaker 1: Staffing your business is complex, high turnover, skilled gaps and ever changing regulations can slow growth and drain resources. That's where Express Employment Professionals comes in.
Speaker 3: What about dealing with the pain in the co host?
Speaker 2: With decades of staffing expertise, Express connection to a larger pool of qualified candidates, helping you reduce turnover and build the right sized workforce. Get started at Expresspros dot com.
Speaker 1: Need to flanks your staff for peak seasons or special projects. Express Employment Professionals offers contract staffing so you can scale up or down with ease, preventing burnout and boosting productivity.
Speaker 2: Worried about compliance, Express stays on top of ever changing employment laws. Express is recognized for excellence, earning Clearly Rated's Best of Staffing, Client and Talent Awards plus the Diamond Award for Client Satisfaction. Don't let hiring challenges hold you back. Visit Expresspros dot com to find the local office and discover how Express Employment Pros can help you hire smarter and faster.
Speaker 1: If hiring is taking you away from growing your business, get the support you need from Express. Don't spend your time weeding through spam online applicants. Hire faster with Express Express Employment Pros, building your workforce supporting your success. It's CNR on FSR we're live in Vegas, Covino and Rich by the way, if you're wondering, we got into Vegas last night and we stuffed our faces the minute we got here at Javier's eating Mexican, not wasting any time. So just know we're representing doing our best. The rest of the crew back in LA live from the Fox Sports Radio studio and it's time Rich. I know we've got lots of NFL to talk about it. We're taking your phone calls eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. It's time for our Tiract play of the day. Some sweet sweet revenge for Kevin Durant last night against the Suns.
Speaker 3: Five point one seconds remaining.
Speaker 6: Chapari to Durant at near mid court, right's on angle three for the wind.
Speaker 3: Yeah he know that quit.
Speaker 8: Three tents of a second remaining.
Speaker 9: We'll check the clock, but it's a Katie three.
Speaker 6: This second one of to day.
Speaker 1: That's courtesy of Sports Talk seven ninety am Rockets Radio Network, and that was our tire Act play to Day. For forty years, Tyrak has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive.
Speaker 2: Chip Fest and Free back by Free Road has a protection with convenient insulation options like mobile Tire Insulation, Tire act dot Com the way tire buying should be.
Speaker 3: Now, you know we were traveling. We don't know what you were doing.
Speaker 1: But it was sweet, sweet revenge for Kevin Durant, and he was really honest and open about how that felt.
Speaker 3: If you missed it, take a listen, Adie.
Speaker 10: I know you still have love within that organization, but as a competitor, does it mean anymore to you to be able to hit that one against your former guys? Most definitely, you know what I'm saying, a place that I didn't want to leave, and my first time being to sound I don't want to sound too dramatic, but I will be kicked out of a place, you know what I'm saying, and and felt like that. You know I've been scapegoaded, you know what I'm saying for the issues we had as a team last year. Yeah, it felt good to beat them and hit a game winning shot. But that's that's all it is. It's not just for the moment, you know, it's something tomorrow I won't even think about, you know. So it was it was a fun game, like I said, of course, Yeah, I felt you played with a little chip on your shoulder against your former team, especially when they trade you.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a pringle if anyone's wondering. But you know, it's like winning the breakup. I'm not saying that's the soul motivation, but it always feels good of course, right that revenge or to know that you got him back or you're still winning.
Speaker 3: So props to him. That was cool. Now lots to get to, you know, there is a way.
Speaker 1: On a side note, you could watch what you hear Covino and Rich FSR. And I don't know if you see Rich, but he's writing stuff down like a mad man, like he's Don Draper in the boardroom, like he's Roger Sterling.
Speaker 3: He's a mad man.
Speaker 1: Just what do you do? Are you playing the hangman yourself? No, I'm cross referencing.
Speaker 3: He's he's he's got something up asleep.
Speaker 2: I'm cross referencing, yeah, Chriss Angel, right now, something up asleep. I'm cross referencing every I guess you would say, star NFL quarterback in our lifetime?
Speaker 3: Okay, and how long it took them to win a Super Bowl?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And it all goes to me making a case that we are so terribly rude and impatient with one quarterback in particular because he came out of college and he was called a quote generational guy.
Speaker 1: In a way, I have a butt for you, No thanks.
Speaker 3: There's plenty of him out here in back. You're not my type, but you have a butt.
Speaker 2: But there there was a sentiment that he was a generational guy and he is in year five and we've given him no patience. I'm talking about Trevor mother Evrin Lawrence and I wrote down when all your star quarterbacks won their first Super Bowl, and I'll give you a hint, only a couple of them did it before year five.
Speaker 1: There was speculation though there here's the button that he didn't get enough criticism sometimes like he got a pass. A lot of other quarterbacks got more criticism. But you know, not to take away from your point, I agree. I think we were a little too impatient.
Speaker 2: Danny g Were there a sentiment once also where Trevor Lawrence made it seem like he has interest outside of football, and it rubbed people the wrong way, and I thinking of the wrong guy. I feel like there was a quarterback who's like, yeah, I like other stuff too, and it was like you're supposed to eat, eat, breathing, sleep football.
Speaker 3: I feel like that was him, though I.
Speaker 5: Don't remember that on Lawrence. We'll double check.
Speaker 3: I mean, I remember what you're thinking of. I'm not sure it was him either though, So listen.
Speaker 2: I got a case for Trevor Lawrence will talk more Wildcard and I thought about Tom Brady coming up, So hangtime more CNR