Speaker 1: What's up, Brindoz and welcome into Leading Off, the final regular season episodes of Leading Off on Chris Welsh the Welsh on Twitter apps is it the Welsh? That is Casey Bubba on Twitter at beat Entrick. We are here to give you these final episodes for prep talking about how the season went, maybe a little bit of twenty twenty four this week. That is what we have got and it is all brought to you by prize Picks price picks promo code. Leading Off is going to get you hooked up one hundred percent match up to one hundred bucks. Go and do that today. You can steal prize picks and guess what you can prize picket when baseball's done. You can price picket while there's playoffs. Prize picking doesn't stop when the regular season does. It just always keeps going. So sign up today, use that promo code, support the podcast, just get some free money. Why not, Bubba, we are here. We officially made it. Its code razy that this is the final week of the regular season. Baseball, like fantasy teams kind of done. I'm not into the week or the you know, into the season. Guy outside of like roto leagues and stuff like that. But this is it, brother, this is it. I'm grinding.
Speaker 2: Got some teams in contention, hoping the rotal Gods are in my favorite. It's been a roller coaster the last couple of weeks, going up and down the standings. So yeah, the final countdown, we have made it. I'm not much of a marathon guy, as you can see if you're watching the video, but this is the last leg of the marathon.
Speaker 1: They would say, yeah, we got so what do you do in the last leg? Do you you speed up? Some people like have the runs. Other ones, you.
Speaker 2: Know, go go for little extra electro lights. Maybe I have one of those like little like jelly packs. I don't know, but yeah, it's all about pacing yourself, as they say, pace yourself and then go for the gusto.
Speaker 1: I'm always surprised when they see like those races at the like everyone's just I know, you're like you're tired, Like who am I to judge? You've ran like whatever, like ten miles or fifteen miles or something, But like, why is everybody just not absolutely booking it. Everyone's still kind of pacing themselves like that last like tenth of a miles you want to.
Speaker 2: Do people I know throw out your hammy or something on the last stretch because you changed your whole setup. They've been planning for this their whole life. Wels like you can't change things now. But I'm with you. Why wouldn't you go for the gusta.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. Just do the whole thing. We got some of the peanuts and the crackerjacks. You guys have been with us all season long, Michael said, Happy Championship Week final, three episodes of the week. It's bittersweet, it is. That's right. You can also have awful things like Manny Machado play Manny Machado this weekend. After the news broke he's getting surgery and might be shut down. That's a big question you got to deal with. Probably not, you're gonna be playing him. With him, you will answer some questions if you guys want to throw them out here. We've got a few more questions we can get to for all you guys that are battling it out. But whatever you got, this is it. Peanuts and cracker jacks. We got some good surprises for this week. We actually also have a time change for one show, which will tell you at the end. So let's get into write the stuff. And I've got a Welsh and Corb and Carrol. We're gonna have one today, one tomorrow, and then we're not gonna have one Friday because I will most likely just pick the winner, pick the winner for who's going to get that. And we've got the home run race, which is tight enough still, but when we get to Wednesday, if there's not a gap closing, I think we might be able to call it. So put your questions in the chat. We'll talk about that here in just a tiny bit. We've actually got some like real baseball based news that are it's sitting out there in that the Yankees have missed the playoffs for the first time since twenty sixteen. Oh, it's so sad.
Speaker 3: Are they gonna be? Okay?
Speaker 1: You know what I like? I like as a fan of a team that doesn't win championships. There's kind of that, like especially the the like really really good teams, like Bogman's dealing with this with the Steelers. You have this moment when you get older where you're just like, will I ever live, Well, I live the rest of my life to see my team win one more championship and it's like, I'm for bad for the Yankee guys. Yankees will be okay. The Diamondbacks actually were the eliminate tours, and it was also noted that there's a lot of change that's going to have to be made, at least at management was talking about, and as it should. You know, they didn't get aggressive in the during the trade deadline, and they kind of have that youth movement going on. I think they can continue that youth movement. And really the like core piece I think of being able to spend big dollars in certain areas and still be able to like go is that you've got to have two to four young, good players that are financially controllable and then you can build a few other pieces around. You just can't have, you know, like four Really like what the Padres have done, you know hasn't worked, even though they have had some stuff that has worked in their favor, It just the meshing hasn't worked. So the Yankees, maybe they go make one big move. Do you think they're gonna make a big splash in the offseason, some type of trade, maybe consolidate some of the young guys. I think you keep you got, like you know, Jason from He Recovers Perreira Bolpi. I mean that's kind of some of that good youth core. Do you think they're gonna make a big splash or it's gonna be more you know, financially controllable assets, but maybe just altering the bigger startable names.
Speaker 2: I think it's altering the bigger startable names for now because of some of the contracts still on the books and the big splash they wanted to make with Shohio Tawny, and that's a little difficult to make at this point in time, so maybe they still go that route. I think they still kind of clean things up a little more. Realize the Stanton deal ain't what it is. I can't run like I think I might have a chance to beat him in a sprint right now. Like that's how bad things are. And that's saying a lot. So it's a little rough there in New York. Think they got pieces there, like you mentioned, it's just about how do they build around said pieces. And I think it's you know, you get Judge and maybe maybe played Glaber. He's actually worth it. People like Shocker, the guy's actually pretty good and a couple of those type of pieces, you know, let osmer Gomer, lets Rizzo go same bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Once I said it's about the same Freudian. Let Rizzo go eventually find a way to grit of Stanton and go from there. That'd be my two cents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's kind of where we're lining up. Also, in the kind of playoff run news, the Atlanta Braves reach one hundred wins for the second straight season, and I believe that was I'd read that was some type of record. It's an absurd team. I think it was what only team to have four players of like thirty five plus homers or just thirty homer Just some absurdity across the board. That also led me to want to take a look at the divisional stuff because someone posted just a second ago about how the Reds are what was it Red's only five games this week, but the Reds being in that contention spot. So going over in the standings you've currently got when we pull up wild card as Yankees are out, Braves are locked in, the al Tampa Bay is locked in, and they are actually literally locked in. They've got the top the top spot in the wild card Toronto Houston Seattle are within about a game and a half of each other. It looks like with this is it's two, maybe it's two one now maybe the actually Toronto has two on Seattle. But either way, these guys are all close right now. Toronto in their last ten is seven and three, the Mariners are four and six, and the Astros are three and seven. Those are all their last ten record, But it is Blue Jays Astros with I believe the Mariners on the outside. So how do you think this is gonna play out this week?
Speaker 2: It's gonna be tough because, like the Astros just got swept. Now they go into Seattle to kind of Seattle has their own fate in their hands because the Rangers did their damage last weekend. Rangers faced Seattle to finish the weekend. You want to not count the Astros out just because of who they are, but at the same time they're funn with their their pitching staff is letting them down a big, big way. So I think Toronto finds their way into this.
Speaker 1: Surprisingly, Toronto's in a really good spot being two games up and also throwing out to you the Astros and Mariners are playing each.
Speaker 2: Other this Day three today and then the Mariners play the Rangers to finish it off to the Mariners or they hold their own destinies.
Speaker 1: But it that way.
Speaker 2: Astro's coming off a sweep over the weekend, Manners got swept by the Rangers. I'm going to go to Toronto, Texas and take Seattle.
Speaker 1: It's the third wild Garden. Why do I not have the.
Speaker 3: Don't Tampa Bay's a wildcard? Don't mind be Tampa Bay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was about to say Toronto, Tampa Bay, Toronto, and I'll take Texas.
Speaker 1: They should still be in it. Well, Texas is they have the West, I think, so that's all a mess too. Yeah, Tampa's locked and Houston, could I guess come back and push because I think they're two back from Let me take a look from Texas because in the West, the West hasn't done two and a half. Yeah, so Texas is up two and a half, so something could happen there. I don't want to say that it can't, but right now it's Tampa Bay locked. And then you have two spots between the Blue Jays, Astros and Mariners Blue disen Riners.
Speaker 3: But how crazy would that be?
Speaker 2: No Red Sox no Yankees, no Astros in the same postseason.
Speaker 1: Well, we're looking at right now. I mean they are officially eliminated. There are no Yankees, there are no Red Sox. Yeah, this is pretty good. This is definitely pretty good. I'm gonna go with the Astros in the Blue Jays, I think the Astros are hard to It's hard.
Speaker 2: To count the Astros out just by experience alone. With that pitching staff's been brutal.
Speaker 1: Okay, So over in the NL, you've got Philly, who is They haven't officially locked it, but I think tomorrow, like they could lock it tomorrow because I don't think they played today, No, they don't, So I think they could lock it tomorrow with a win because they're up five and they yeah, and that's a great matchup. The Diamondbacks play today as a makeup with the Yankees, and they are in second in the Wild Card and they are half a game ahead of the Cup, so when they could be a full game above. And then you have got the Marlins and the Reds that are I mean, between the Diamondbacks and the Reds, there are four teams two wins differential, that are vying for two spots. So right now it's Diamondbacks, Cubs, Marlins and Reds are on the outside. Padres and Giants haven't officially been eliminated. So what are you gonna go with for the wild Card?
Speaker 2: I like the Cubs for sure, just something about them right now. Then it comes down Then it comes down the Diamondbacks and Marlins.
Speaker 1: What was the fourth team? The Reds? The Reds are the furthest back though the Reds are like, the Reds are in trouble.
Speaker 2: Give me the Cubs and the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean what Diamondbacks are the second in the wild card? Right? And you're like, maybe the.
Speaker 2: Diamonds because the Diamondbacks will find they have seven games, you know, I don't know that outside of Kelly and Gallon. He's a Gallon on Sunday, Kelly goes today on Monday. It's been shaky in that rotation as well.
Speaker 1: Well. If you guys all realize if the Diamondbacks hold the top spot, I mean, Phillies have like the top spot, but for what the wild card matchup would be If the Diamondbacks have that home game, Bogman's coming out here and as long as the tickets aren't some absurd amount I'm going Bogman and I will be going to that matchup. So like if the Diamondbacks and the Cubs make it and the Diamondbacks are on top, Diamondbacks host the Cubs will go to that that play in game, you know, should wich should be which should be frenzies because it is a play in game, isn't it? Or is it the best out of three? I guess it is a best out of three? Yeah, you're right, yea.
Speaker 2: That's why the top two seeds you like a five day by before the NLDS starts.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. The whole the whole process is weird. But that that's what that's that's yeah, I know that's what that ends up looking like. But that's not the only thing. We're gonna be talking about a couple just performance based things, and then we are going to talk about some hitters and some pitchers for you guys to look at this week. I know that's something that obviously is dominating the chat because you guys are making your last little pushes here. Just try to point out I thought this was fascinating. Mooky Bets set a record one hundred and five rbi out of the leadoff spot this year, Mookie Bets also playing second base, qualifying at second base next year. I guess we only need to keep going on about like where does he get drafted and stuff, But you think about how he bucks the trend of the deficiencies that leadoff hitters can have by having over one hundred RBI and he's qualifying at what is I don't know. I think it's actually a better position. As I'm doing. I'm currently in a early mock draft we're doing for in this league. And then you know you've now added like Nico Horner qualifies Hassan Kim, They make the position a whole lot better. Second base has gotten better. He's just like so much better. Mookie Bets is definitely like top five at worst if you're just looking at what he's done this year. And I wanted to get your take on this, so I know you've been very anti Vlad. Vlad hit two homers in a win over the Rays, and I believe I didn't. I don't know, I must have deleaded my thing, but believe it. Six homers in the month of September, which is the most he's had in any given months so far this season, is Vlad coming back, Bubba.
Speaker 3: Not for me.
Speaker 1: Now died.
Speaker 3: That was Flad stabbing me in the back right now.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he almost died because of the Vlad question.
Speaker 3: He is back officially, Vlad is a good player.
Speaker 2: My thing with Lad is he's not worth the ADP people want to draft him at. That's my issue. If Vlad was a round three player, I'd be interested. You have to pay a late round one, early round two price to get Vladi or Junior, and I'm not into that. So that is my concern with Lad. And he doesn't even have thirty home runs. He's not doing what's necessary for a top end pick.
Speaker 1: Okay, so okay, all choked up here now, they got all choked up on it.
Speaker 3: I stand my ground.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be one of the best debatable things in the offseason. It's going to be talking about, you know what these values are going to look like, because you know the argument on Vlad with the cost and production to this year. I think it's gonna come to a head in the offseason. I don't think we're gonna see those same costs. I'm trying to I'm trying to remember where he went in my early mock, but I don't think it was in the top two rounds. It could have been at the end of the second, but I think we'd get into like third round. It's okay. The only problem is is we were in the fifth round of a fifteen team roto and Christian Walker is still there. And it's like, if you lay out Vlad in the third and I don't know where Vlad went. I think he went in the third. We'll break it down. But if you have Vlad in the third or Christian Walker and like the fifth, I don't think you. I don't think you could make that case that vladd.
Speaker 3: Christian Walker is pretty darn closed.
Speaker 2: That's why that's my anti Vlad stance, because it's not like he he's no Freddie Freeman, he's no Matt Olsen, like he's no Pete A.
Speaker 1: Lonzo.
Speaker 2: There's a drop off and then he kind of gets, you know, the Christian Walkers.
Speaker 3: Of the world.
Speaker 2: There'll be other guys we'll be able to break down that'll be more similar to thing people think it comes Blad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jason said, if I can get Vlad early second, I'm all over it. He was nearly a top five guy two years ago years it was great. Yeah, I mean that's the problem is it was two years ago. We're not saying like he was a top five guy like two months ago.
Speaker 3: You have one great season two years ago.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm still like, I'm still a supportive long and he helps big guys around the world keep their hopes alive. So I'm a fan. Paby said he traded matt Olsen for Fatimir.
Speaker 2: I want to I want to jersey with the twenty seven Jay's but says Fatimir.
Speaker 3: On the Fatom, I want that jersey right now.
Speaker 1: I think we could come up with some pretty good names on that, So you know, keep those in your brains because that's what we're going to be doing. Also planning to do off season content here on Fantasy Pros with some dynasty stuff. So those are the type of things we got to be looking at because that one hurts when you look at matt Olsen versus Vladimir. But you know, you talk about age, I don't know that there's a production that depletes age, you know, ex for years of production, like the production that they can have over three years regardless of age versus the extra years you get. There's a math equation that breaks those apart, and you know that's what that's what goes down, that's what goes down, and all of it all right, Let's take a look at some streaming, hitting and pitching options for the week, because I think that might be the best approach for any of you guys that are just I'm obviou seen some of the questions that are just desperately grasping at it and actually know what we can do. Let's answer some questions because I think there might be a couple of those in there. Let's see bu bu bu bub by going here. Lee asked, does Hunter Green get two starts? He's he's scheduled for two right now. Yeah, he's as sending he's scheduled for two, but they've only got five games. I would say no. I would say if if they get eliminated, if they're like out midweek, I don't know why he would they would push and I don't think he can get two with only five.
Speaker 2: Well, what they're doing is that off day, they're skipping someone of their rotation because they've been doing so many bullpen games lately.
Speaker 3: They've been a mess. So it'll him to be on regular rest and.
Speaker 1: If you wanted the extra innings. I mean, there's an argument he missed.
Speaker 3: That time on the IL, so I think they might want the Indians is what it comes down.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there's a higher probability. It's just I don't think I could count. So what would you say? Would you say like sixty percent?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm gonna I'm leaning coin toss fifty to fifty.
Speaker 1: It works sixty percent of the time. It works.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm starting him in my weekly league, just even for the first game where he's at Cleveland. I'll take my chances there. And if you somehow get to at Saint Louis, that's gravy, so I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Okay. I don't see any other like this week question. Uh oh. This was one that Lee followed up pitching choices start to Mata versus Oakland, Clevenger versus San Diego, or Hunter Greens starts to and then School versus Kansas City. So he can start to boy, what are the Hunter Green matchups? Because I want School.
Speaker 3: City Cleveland at Saint Louis for Green, those.
Speaker 1: Aren't the worst. Just the strikeouts in Cleveland don't happen. I want School in Mata if those are your options. Yeah, and look at our boy, Joe Rico. Look at Joe Rico on Joe. You must love that blue Jay is a conversation maida coming out of the bullpen. Yeah, I think I'm gonna go with I gotta start Schooble, and I'd be cool with just keeping Hunter Green in there just in case it happens. I don't hate the Cleveland start, but I just don't think the strikeouts.
Speaker 2: Are going to play yeah right now. Actually, my dad isn't even verse Oakland like Joseid. He's coming out of the bullpen. It's ober Pablo Lopez, Sunny Gray in Oakland May. It is tentatively scheduled for at Colorado, but if he comes out of the bullpen, he could be used to getting a few win needed for the postseason.
Speaker 3: Guys, so you might want to go with the Hunter Green and Scooble.
Speaker 1: All right, So here are some Tuesday streamers that I have thrown out there. I have four on the list, and maybe we could just rank them. I mean, if there's one that you want to eliminate, please feel free to eliminate. There's not a whole lot going on today for Monday there's not a ton of games. There's actually the Diamondbacks game is going to be starting in ten minutes as we're doing this live. But so here are your Tuesday options. Reese Olsen Kansas City, Read Debt Mers Texas, Ryan Pepio at Colorado, Bailey Ober versus the A's. I think those are varying degrees. I totally understand that some of you guys are not going to have these guys available, but in varying degrees of what probably is available, those I think are the top options. I feel like we've talked a lot about Pepyo, We've talked a lot about Reese Olsen. Detmer's doesn't have the best matchup in the world against Texas, and Bailey Ober could be a little bit more of a wild card, but it's against the A's. So how would you rank these in order? And you can teer them as well if you want. How would you rank these if you were trying to get a Tuesday starter in.
Speaker 2: Bailey Ober and Rees Olsen, I go Ober Olsen and those two I'd want definitely if you can add them to stream on Tuesday, stream them. I'm still a huge Pepio fan.
Speaker 1: I have him.
Speaker 2: Third, I'm not that worried about Colorado and Coors, but there always is that a slight cours concerned. But so I had a Pepio third, Detmer's in case of emergency brick glass, just because Texas is on fire right now and we see when they streak, it gets nasty.
Speaker 3: So he's very good.
Speaker 1: Could he do it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yes, but I'm gonna be very cautious with that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm actually a little bit different than you. I am Debtmer's at the bottom. Like Debtmer's is more of a desperation. We're saying, I am going to put Pepio at the top, and I'm gonna not worry about Colorado. With the Dodgers pitcher, I'm gonna put results in at two, Bailey over at three, and I think those three are in their own tier, and Debtmers is in a tier below. So if you can get any of those guys, I am trying, And I guess there's also a question of like, like even if you didn't like really need it, would you actively want to throw these guys in? You know what I'm saying, Like, would you want you didn't need it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I do the must start. Guys are the ones I leave it all.
Speaker 1: Alone, Okay, And then so Richard said, Olsen, So we got lots of different varying degrees here, Olsen Pepio over. You know, that's just kind of where it goes with these guys. But Pepio has been one of those guys that we've been trying to lean on. It's just a destination bad spot. It's not like that that lineup is good. That lineup stinks. It's just the destination. Everybody worries about Colorado. So I don't think so, you know, angel Angelo put this. I thought about putting Braxton Garrett, but I kind of don't. Am I wrong to think that he's more owned than Pepio?
Speaker 2: I didn't he should be more owned than Pepio, But if he's available, I would start Garrett immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so, I think I would do that Wednesday. I found one viable one that I really think is owned. So you tell me something different. Brandon five Brandon fot versus the White Sox. So is this one that you could throw it on Wednesday if you need it.
Speaker 2: It's a great matchup because I'm streaming through the scheduled starters right now, and there's not a ton that no Like Wade Miley's actually been decent against and it's against Saint Louis.
Speaker 1: But I don't love it. I don't need that one.
Speaker 2: Adrian Hawser throws Tuesday. He's actually been really good of late, and people hate Adrian Hawser. So the Milwaukee starters could be good. But other than that, there's not much. I guess the homer in me, I'll throw this one out there, and if people listen to me long enough, they know my hatred for sham and Aya, I at least acknowledge that I'm wrong. He's pitching very, very will right now, and he's actually starting for the Giants and he gets San Diego. It's risky, but that just shows you Wednesday does not have a lot of great streamers.
Speaker 1: I love. Richard said it wouldn't be an MLBA season without Welsh recommending Fought in the last week of the year. Double down, baby, I love it. I know Fought's been a little bit better.
Speaker 2: You know it's probably wait, I want someone to play that clip back for you. Your voice changed so much better.
Speaker 1: You know what the problem is? He has an inning that it all falls apart, like.
Speaker 3: He can have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have like three innings real life, this dude is really good, and then we'll have this one inning where it's like and it just ruins everything, and that's not what you want at this point. So I don't know. I think if you were adding who you had Hawser and Miley, how would you rank those with fought? How would those three rank?
Speaker 3: I have both the Milwaukee pictures over fought personally.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I mean that there you go. That's how are they? Is it a doubleheader? Know?
Speaker 2: Howser pitches Tuesday, Miley pitches Wednesday. Oh, John Manaya is the other Wednesday guy, So I'd probably have it Miley fought Manaya.
Speaker 1: Miley's a little probably safer for like the ratios. But yeah, I mean be if you're not wrong. I mean, Thought's kind of stunk. He's kind of been stinky, a little bit stinky. Last other little questions that we're throwing out here. I actually had put him on the sheet and I took him off just because it felt so out of place. But Richard had said, where does Lane Thomas go and redrafts next year? Because he just locked in a twenty twenty season. I mean Lane Thomas is so trippy. I think fun enough, he will still be a not one hundred player, and that's gonna make him very viable. But I mean, do you think he can break the top one hundred being a twenty twenty guy. I don't. I think he'll be like one twenty five to fifty.
Speaker 3: He'll be a top one hundred. He'll be the Randyo Roseraino in the world.
Speaker 2: This is why he is Statline's very similar to like a Randy Rose arena, which is usually around a round four pickish a round four or five picks. So Lane Thomas will enter the conversation for sure?
Speaker 1: You really think it would be a top one hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I personally do. I think he's got that top one hundred appeal for sure. Give me some time here, I'll try to find it.
Speaker 1: You've said, Lane Thomas or Spencer Steer next year. I think it's got to be Lane Thomas. I love Spencer Steel I like, I actually think like long long term, I might like Spencer Steer a little bit more, but I think it's got to be Lane Thomas.
Speaker 2: I'm with you there too, because my biggest concern with Spencer Steer is when the Reds are healthy. Look at how they opportunity now, that's not going to change next year with all the.
Speaker 1: Talent they have. His name's annoying, Spencer steer Hey, everybody.
Speaker 2: The bright side, if he plays a lot, they can make like some kind of like Hamburger special every time or something because of a steer.
Speaker 1: Yondi DIA's top one hundred player from Richard.
Speaker 2: For me, he's not, but he will be because there are some that really love Yondi Dias and they're full believers in his production.
Speaker 1: That's not me though, Yeah, I agree with that. All right, here is your hint for where Corman, Carroll and myself are this week. This will be a math question for everybody. X plus Y equals one hundred. That math equation will get you to the answer X plus y equals one hundred. Solve for X, sol for Y. That should get you to what the answer is today. So put your guesses in. I'm making it very high. Equals one hundred. Solve for X and Y. Those should get you to what the answer is today. On the injury front, Charlie Morton to the IO with a finger injury, so he will not be eligible for the NLDS. You know one that's not on here as well. I believe is Keim and Arrow going to be eligible now that like Brandon Lao had a whatever with his knee. There's like a fracture or something like, there's a ton of injuries. I think the rays are going to make him eligible, which is wild. So that's another one. Like the whole ineligibility due to injuries and the eligibility that's popping up is kind of getting funky. Mike Trout officially out for the season. No fun fact. Mike Trout in the fifth round of our twenty twenty four early mock draft.
Speaker 2: I'm actually looking at the two early DC WEE did. The fifteen teamer Mike Trout was the first picking round sixth.
Speaker 1: Was he the sixth round? Okay? I thought that was getting a deal when I got I took him in the fifth round.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you probably it's probably even higher, so you've probably got a deal still. And Lane Thomas did not get picked in the first seven rounds. I'm surprised by that. I think that changes. I think stages because Rose Reina was in round three.
Speaker 1: Do you really think they're that close?
Speaker 2: Just to be like, for twenty twenty production guys. And I think Lane Thomas might have a better battyn vers than Randy Rose Reina.
Speaker 1: Uh Luis Roberts. It'll be interesting to see Louis Roberts Mullens went in round four. H you see Mullens stuck around. Mullens is still around in mind, Mullens is like.
Speaker 2: In the fIF I think Lane Thomas and Cedric Mullens could be a discussion point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and well, and I think also identifying the players that like when you can identify like the similar, the similar statistical guys with like big gaps, that's where you can find the value. So it becomes tough sometimes when you're like, all right, well, I'm not gonna take Certric Mullins because I can get Lane Thomas later. That's true, like inherently that's what it is. But at the same time, it's like it's all if it's all dependent on taking that one singular player, then you're setting yourself up. So I think it's better to like identify, Okay, here's like a couple guys that are better, that are as good as this player that's in the third round, And it really kind of becomes like it is Randy rose Rain a little bit overrated on value if there's like three or four guys that are putting up similar production that are happening a lot later, But that'll be, you know, that'll be the big stuff off season, Luis Robert. And we've had this question come up like multiple times in the episode and the chat Luise Robert day to day with a knee injury after a bad slide into second base. That's the best as we got for you. So I don't know, it's day to day. Hopefully he's going to get in soon. Maybe if it's not, I don't think they play today. I think it's tomorrow. I mean that, I think that actually gives you a good sign for him to play tomorrow. But it is risk if you guys are in your weekly start leagues and you have to eat it. It's a bad slide. Day to day with a day off makes me feel like he could go in on Tuesday. But you know, if you got a better option, maybe go with that. I mean, Brandon fought, he does stink and you're going up against you know, you're going up against him on Wednesday, so that might be good. But I would feel a little could tell Marte day to day with a stomach bug. He's got the bubble guts. He's got the little bubblely guts. I haven't I mean, have we looked. I think he might be in the lineup today.
Speaker 2: No, he's not. He's off on Monday. He's either expecting him back Tuesday. He's back in the clubhouse Monday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he just got to be close to a bathroom.
Speaker 2: He's got that little pretty much. So he's in the dugout next to that little door in the back corner there. That's where he's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little stomach buggie. Three up and three down. Four players had multi home run games yesterday, but they're not all the same. Vlad Bubba choked up Marcus Simeon, Nelson Velasquez in Birdie and I actually I had started to put some hitters on here. Nelson Belaskas is one of those guys if you're looking for a hitter. I mean we've we've talked about this for weeks, but like that's one of those guys that you can if you're looking for those power numbers, you can one hundred percent look at. And he had multi homers and John Birdie had them, which is just like a total again yeah, I mean, yeah, it's a total. Two players had multi stolen base games yesterday. One is a story Ruiz. The other though, Xavier Edwards, who also went three for four, and that's his game. His game is to get on base without really big power and then that is to steal and that's what he's done since he was in high school. So you're looking for cheap stolen bases, Edwards is probably you go three for four, you're going to buy yourself more playing time in the week. That might be somebody to take a look at if you're trying to get some stolen bases. And someone I've been talking about for some time and it got kind of wonky ish because he was put into the weird opener set up guy, you know, like how they're just adjusting all these starters. But Christopher Sanchez, he went seven, gave up two and runs, and struck out ten yesterday, which is a huge performance and also payoff for the conversation that we've had about like, hey, if you can get a guy that is still giving you good ratios and maybe could go four innings and get you the win, well there you go. He was able to do that on the down, Hunter Brown ruined your probably your week if you did it, probably knocked you out. Three innings, six earned runs, gave up four homers. Brian who not whoo, but who was not good. He went three and one third, gave up six earned runs, eleven hits and four homers. And Tristan McKenzie hopefully you didn't put him in coming off a rehab, which really most pitchers don't get that for me, he went one and two thirds, He walked six and gave up three earned runs. Baba, yeah, I was not good numbers.
Speaker 2: I wasn't gonna start Tristan anyways, he was starting game this week. They literally just wanted to get some big league reps out there right now. Nothing worth really getting too excited about.
Speaker 1: Not really get excited about. Prize picks right there. You can do that promo code leading off one hundred percent deposit matchup to one hundred bucks. You can prize pick with us. You got lots of options. You can have free money to play with, and maybe you could put together I mean, we do like three legs here, but you can do a six legger that's got huge payouts. They just tied like times, six times, ten times, twenty do it today? Prize picks? What are you prize picking for Monday? There's not a ton to price.
Speaker 2: We have three games to pick from because the Dbacks game starts any minute.
Speaker 1: So I went.
Speaker 2: I went Webins, Snell combined K's over twelve. I like that one a lot. Uh, Marcus Simon over seven and a half Fantasy points first, Patrick Sandoval, and Corey Seeger over eight Fantasy points first, Patrick Sandoval.
Speaker 1: So yeah, not a whole lot of ways to go. Nah, it's not super good. I went with Blake Snell strikeouts seven and a half. I love that. Today I went actually kind of like this one. I went with Luis Castillo and Justin Verlander, no run first any Usually when I do this, though, Verlander screws it, so one of these guys will screw it. And Marcus Simeon two score a run. I believe he's done that in three of his last five. So Marcus Simeon run, Castillo, Verlander nurfy, and Blake Snell over strikeouts, which he has done for four straight weeks. And I'm assuming they think he's just going to be paired back and won't do that. In the betting market, it ain't great. I will tell you it's too late now. But I loved Corby Carrol's total bases. It was one and a half plus one forty today for one and a half total bases. But I also like the well, I guess I have the Diamondbacks two. I'd so be comfortable live bet in the Diamondbacks money line and Blake Snell's strikeouts, I guess is really my only true bet for you podcast listeners with seven and a half over, So that's gonna be my big bet today. And it's not juice too bad? What about you, bubbs.
Speaker 2: I took Houston Seattle first five hunder three and a half plus one ten. You can do a four and a half juice if you like. But I took the plus money and then we'll go on back to targeting. Patrick Sandoval, give me Mitch Garver hits runs and RBIs over one and a half at minus one oh five, saying with Etily's Garcia over one and a half minus one oh five on both.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it might be a night just to sit out type of.
Speaker 1: Thing, speaking of, like are you gonna get into the dfs tonight, No, I will not I mentioned it. There's three games.
Speaker 2: I'm not a big fan of small splits, especially when there're this magnitude. But if you're feeling like you are, Blake's at nine point six should be owned everywhere, Logan Webb at seven point nine. If you want to use both pictures in the same game, zero problem with that at all. And then if you want a cheapy John Gray at six point four, k Stacks got Texas for Sandoval Angels versus Gray, and you could go Seeattle vers Verlander if you want to get sneaky. There really wasn't a ton of value when I looked at you this late year.
Speaker 1: All right, where in the world are Welsh and Corbin Carrol we've had doing the dumb math thing is it is hilarious because everybody is like battling it out and trying to find different equations that make it work. I probably could, I probably should have given you one of the extra the y, but there's a reason that I didn't. So where in the world have we gone out to find out? Traveled so many great places. We're gonna have to have a review on Friday of all the great places that Corbyn and I have traveled. Because our travels are almost done. Season's almost done, they're going off to the playoffs. We're not here to share all the exploits. But I gave you a math problem, and I only gave you one. This is kind of an impossible one, but you had to be really slick with it. X plus y equals one hundred, So you know the outcome number was one hundred. So what were those other two variables? What were those and how does that give us the answer?
Speaker 3: Bubba?
Speaker 1: Well, do you have a guess?
Speaker 2: And why were no like the Giants score or the Dolphins scored seventy points?
Speaker 1: Is where my head had start, But I have no did they did? You're right about that? Well we had we had the mathematicians that were in the chat. Somebody had like the oh they had a forty nine. They had like beef was like sixty steals forty homers. The answer is a kunya. It is not a kunya. Actually, people were going in they were doing Miami Denver. I mean they're doing everything you were talking about, Dolphins, Niners, all of that. But a few of you are gonna have some bad blood when this is all done.
Speaker 2: Had I knew somehow to be Taylor's Swift. I had know the angles to it.
Speaker 1: Because look at us. Hey, we got a selfie, Me, Corbyn and Taylor. We're the best friends that three people have ever had. We're a wolf pack now, the three best friends anyone's ever had, the three best friends. What's up?
Speaker 2: Can you explain to me the expls wy thing? Because I have no idea what Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: Well, Travis Kelsey is eighty seven and Taylor Swift with her number thirteen on everything equals one hundred. I could have given you thirteen. But look at us. She's so happy to see us. She's like, hey, I know that's the Welsh. And Corbyn's like, this is the Welsh. They were so happy to take a picture with me. It's the three of us here. We just stood up. We were right outside the box. We had a great time at Arrowhead. Taylor Swift, Carol Welsh, No, Travis Kelsey, the insight. That's where we went. We were at the Chiefs game. And if you had a couple of people, did get that? Somebody put it in someone new, like one hundred percent got it before I could even say anything today, Where was it just see Michael Well, Michael had said, just ask your pal Corbyn for some Taylor Swift box seats. Richard nailed this. X is Travis? Why is Taylor Swift together? The equal one hundred percent chance of a bad breakup and hit the album in the future. U save oh Kelsey plus Swift.
Speaker 2: So a couple of years I had a feeling you were going Taylor Swift's route, but I didn't know how you were getting there. That's where I was confused. Yeah, vapored Eiffel Tower.
Speaker 1: That's in there. It makes me laugh. Oh, Bud, Yeah, Angela, you said you were the one that you had said it, like right right before, like we hadn't even done anything on the show. So that's where we were a little bit of bad blood final up here, some home run calls. I actually have the home run board and ladies and gentlemen. I don't know if there's anywhere else we can go. I don't know if this is going to adjust. There was no movement this weekend. Wonkey is having a insane season. Wonky is at seven, is one homer away from fifty, which is incredible. Blue Harvester is at sixty in the lead. JJ Tator is behind fifty five, You're gonna have to make it up and JJ Tator's gonna have to have a few homers and hope Harvester gets the misses. Otherwise, Blue Harvester has taken that beautiful custom Fantasy Pros home run champ inscribed Corbyn Carrol helmet courtesy of Fantasy Pros, courtesy of Sidsgrafs and courtesy of me because it is sitting right here and I have to ship it out. So that's all that's going to be going on. So there you go, my friends, What do you think, Bubba? Who are you going for your home run call today?
Speaker 3: My home run call today? Short slate?
Speaker 1: Give me, give me at a least, Cristia, dude, can I just I almost forgot about this. Do you remember the last show when I took Aaron Judge and then I think you shamed me and I was like, oh, screw it, I'll take Corbyn care An. Aaron Judge hit three home runs in that game would have put me at like forty six. Oh my god, what a jummy. I do that. I do that so much. I'm gonna go with Marcus Simeon. Marcus Simon is gonna be my pick for today, going up against Patrick Sandoval. Simeon's hitting three seventy five against him in the career. Let's get a little BVP action. What a brutal blow. Note for Wednesday, we are going thirty minutes earlier this Wednesday at twelve pm Eastern, not twelve thirty pm Eastern, So set your clocks, make sure you're subscribed, make sure you're notified, so you'll know thirty minutes earlier we are going. And then the final show, we are going to be doing awards. We're going to talk about some fantasy awards, might have a little surprise or two ending the Bad Boy out where all did Corbett and I go. It'll be fun, It'll be all the stuff, all the things, and that is the show. Thank you guys for hanging out with us. Thank you to the Peanuts and the cracker Jacks, and thank you guys for spending the final week of the season with us. You can find Bubba on Twitter, feed, the Entric, find me at is It the Welsh. Until next time, friends, We'll talk to you right here on leading off