Speaker 1: What's popping this, Hurricane Chris, I'm rocking with Bootleg keV gd.
Speaker 2: YO, Bootleg cap Podcast Man special guests in here, Hurricane.
Speaker 1: Chris, what's popping? What's good?
Speaker 3: What's good?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 3: Welcome, Nice to meet you, likewise, bro to meet you. It's crazy because when you started, like your career, I feel like it was around the time I was like interning at the radio station, so like you're and like when I first started like DJ and the club and yeah, so like you you know, like a bay bays and and make it clap and all that, it was very like instrumental and like I like remember where I was in life for them songs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. A lot of people say that, they say my music bring them back to exactly what they was doing when I first came out. You know, it's it really marked a special time right in people lives. You know, like a lot of people kids first words was so crazy, you know, it's it's a blessing.
Speaker 3: I gotta ask you, uh, I saw you, I saw you share your thoughts a little bit about this. But you know, there's been a lot of people who are upset that Lil Wayne did not get to look for the halftime show in New Orleans. Obviously, you know you're in Louisiana. What are your thoughts on on Wayne getting that snub and obviously shot to Kendrick. I think, obviously, if anybody deserves to do a halftime show, Kendrick's one of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with Kendrick heavy, like for sure, they're real golden. But it's a bigger play at hand right now. What's happening is a lot of big entities in large companies are finding places that they can profit and make high profit margins, and they pretend to cater to the community just enough to get the support they need, and then they go with their hitting agenda, which is to make ultimately the most money they can possibly make. So it's a bigger play at hand. In Louisiana, it's always it's been a place that didn't have a lot of resources. So if anybody came from upstate or out of town with a lot of resources, they was kind of able to throw their weight around and and you know, like you know, like put themselves in in positions. So it's it's it's really a bigger player. And we getting to a point in time now where people don't like to pay homage. You got youngsters who say, oh geez right right, like so you got you got a whole new era of disrespect that's coming into play. And it's the same thing in the industry. People have begun to just feel like it's cool to not pay hummage. It's cool to not you know, to to pay their respects that need to be paid. So that's the big thing that I see. I'm not just mad that Wayne ain't get to perform, because let's just be honest, like, you know what I'm saying, it's a it's it's it's it's it's a law much movie that I'm looking at. And this is gonna continue to happen. It ain't just gonna be what's happening in Shreeport. It ain't just gonna be what happened in New Orleans. If we don't stand up and and and and demand that people respect our culture and demand what we want, then we'll never get it. It's the same thing that that that that every other status learned how to do California know how to do it. If you come to Cali, Cali gonna make sure you do some type of catering to Cali or you won't really be accepted, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean when the Super Bowl was here, obviously doctor Dre had the halftime show and he was able to bring out kind of like parts of his tree, you know, right r.
Speaker 1: But the people in position in Louisiana. L. Kendrick came out that the problem is the people in position in Louisiana that that make the decisions instead of instead of loving a culture and and and and embracing their culture, they so they're trying to get relationships with with people in places that they've never been to. So it's leading to them looking over their own people that's right there and honoring people that never done nothing for certain communities, which is not their fault. It's not my fault that somebody choose to honor me in your community. But what we got to do as a people as a whole is make sure that we hold those responsible accountable the people. When I go to do the Super Bowl, I'm talking to somebody in the city from the city somebody who who or somebody from the league. You feel what I'm saying, I'm speaking I'm dealing with some type of official it's a lot of chains of command that these things go through.
Speaker 3: Well, from what I understand, Rock Nation is in charge of the entertainment for the Super Bowl, since I want to say, the first one they did was Rihanna, So I think it was Rihanna, then fifty and then last year was Usher. Okay, well fifty was a doctor j year, but and then last year was Usher, and then this year would be Kendrick. So I think it's a Rock Nation thing, and it seems like but.
Speaker 1: See, it's always been able to be put on companies and entities, and I think that's the easy way out.
Speaker 4: I think that's the easy way out.
Speaker 1: Is to say, oh, such and such makes this decision, and they did it because it is I look at stuff for what it is and what it actually looks like, not like, oh, well, hurricane Chris is doing this because he signed in such and such or such and such as this recorde. But I'm just look at me for for what I look like. And I bag up and I look at the history of what's been happening over the last couple of years, and it's been a repetitive history of not honoring the people from the community that helped build the community, but honoring people outside of the community right there in their face. And if it's the companies that's doing it without having proper knowledge, then it's the people that's that's leaders of the community and involved in the community. It's their job to step up and let the people in power know, Hey, let's let's let's let's let's let's.
Speaker 4: Kind of cater to the culture a little bit.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Because if I was to come into your city as a promoter and I say, I'm finna book all these artists, You're gonna slow me down and make sure I cater to somebody that this city likes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that that would be fair as hell.
Speaker 1: As a friend, I think that.
Speaker 3: I just think that the super Bowl is just so massive that it's like the fact that it's like it's going to be in New orleans's bringing so much money to like the economy. So it's like the entertainment aspect of the halftime show is probably just like, well, we'll just leave it up to these guys. And I wonder, like, you know, a lot, you know, there's a lot of speculation that Jay had some sort of issues with Wayne or Drake and that that might have spilled over to the decision. I'm not sure. Yeah, I mean, because but I think that's all speculation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think Jay got no smoke with.
Speaker 3: I think that there's another like like way to look at it, and that's that like if you really kind of see.
Speaker 1: I don't put the blame on Jada. Let's let's get this straight. I don't put the blame on Jay because you gotta think he coming. He doing a million things, so so of course people may get mad at him in the beginning, but when you sit back and you think about it, it's it's one of a million things that he's doing. So I don't I don't look at it like he personally attempting to insult, you know what I'm saying, Like, I'm not looking at it like that.
Speaker 4: Now, if it's something going on on the inside that I don't know.
Speaker 1: About, then I need to should have figged up possibly understand what I'm saying, because if it's that they're just sitting here getting speculating.
Speaker 3: I mean. The other thing is is like I've seen Wayne recently, like he did he did WrestleMania in Philly and his performance was very interesting. He forgot a lot of his lyrics, so it could be ship like that, you know, like, hey, some of the bigger performances, like.
Speaker 1: Maybe if he performed in New Orleans, he wouldn't even have to sing his lyrics.
Speaker 3: I don't disagree. I mean they gonna sing. No, I don't disagree. I would have liked to have seen Wayne or at least like a young money you know, Wayne NICKI Drake thing. I mean, hopefully Kendrick. I mean, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: You got to think about some of these artists, some of us actually reach out to these entities and acts.
Speaker 4: Can we be involved?
Speaker 1: Right? Some of us actually let it be known that we would like to be involved, right, so we can we can kind of try to say, well, it's not a personal thing. But what if what if? What if? What if you call and reach out and you ask to be involved and you still reject it? You know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, look, it could be. And like the other thing is is like like we said, it's like if this is a personal thing that we don't know about and it's just some some grudge that intertwined into this decision. I mean, then then That's just what it is. And then the other thing that sucks is I saw somebody say on Twitter it was like, well if Kendrick, it sucks as if Kendrick plan on bringing Wayne out, now, people are just going to think that he did it because he was pressured to do it, as opposed to he just wanted to do it. You know what I'm saying, Man, Like I think, Nah, Kendrick smart, you gotta bring Wayne Kenja get smart, Kendrick go like Iwayne out, bro Kendrick gets smart.
Speaker 1: He wouldn't be doing that because he's pressured, right to be honest, like, I would think that that's probably something that win in his head immediately, like.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure, like I got to bring Wayne out I'm in New Orleans, or I got to bring something.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like, that's just how we think. Because if I go to a city and I'm performing in a big city and I got a big event, right, I'm gonna try to tap into who popping in that area. So I wouldn't doubt that, you know, Kendrick thing.
Speaker 3: Like that he brings Wayne out, that'd be spech Kendrick Gaylan dumb by far like so recently, Uh, you and fifty have been going back and forth. I know you spoke a little bit about it on Vlad. I'm curious for the people who don't know. Like obviously, fifty opened up his gun the movie studios in your hometown, right, Uh, he had like a weekend. Right, It was like like a whole weekend where people were coming to town and performing events, et cetera. Right, your grudge with him was that he did not necessarily reach out to pillars of the community like you think he should have.
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 3: Am I on track? There?
Speaker 1: You're kind of on track. But it started before that.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: The first thing he did when he came to the city, Trepot, Louisiana has been called ratchet city for a real long time.
Speaker 3: Let's get get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, you know about it, all right, So the first thing he did when he came to the city, everybody opened their arms and welcomed him, right, and then he said, no more ratchet in my city. We're getting this.
Speaker 4: Ratchet shit out of here.
Speaker 3: He said that out of his mouth, out of his.
Speaker 4: Own mouth, with his lips and teeth and tongue.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: And the radio host said, hey, man, you know they kind of crazy about that, you know, that's their thing.
Speaker 4: He said, no, no, no, we got to get that out of here.
Speaker 1: So I reach out immediately like, hey, we need to sit down and have a talk.
Speaker 4: I didn't get no response.
Speaker 1: So now getting calls from my neighborhood and they saying, hey, what's what, what's wrong with fifty saying Ratchet is dead and it ain't no more Ratchett City. Like that's kind of disrespectful, don't you think, right? So I didn't pay no attention. And then I've seen a sign that the news poster that said fifty cent Councilors Ratchett City. I'm like, oh, they going crazy with this ship. Okay, fuck all the money that you, fuck all of that, fuck all this shit up you Now you you being disrespectful.
Speaker 4: This is straight disrespect. So that's how I took it.
Speaker 1: So now when I see you do the event and you don't even involve no Ratchet City artists on the main stage, I'm looking at it like, so it's even more of something that's snowballing in my mind that you're against this Ratchet movement, which.
Speaker 3: If I go to the Baby, it'd be like coming to La and being like no more gangster rap, are.
Speaker 1: Gone going going going over. Yeah. And if you listen to my song the Ratchet remix e forty on there, he say a babe Bay. Yeah, I mean he's gonna say he say, he say Ratchet mean high feel like where you stay? Yeah, I mean's so it's something that been understood and it takes somebody like fifty who don't understand the culture of the South. All he see is, oh, I could buy these buildings and make a bunch of money and give a cook.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming the real estate market in Treeport is a lot more affordable to open up a studio than if you were to go to La.
Speaker 1: Super cheap, Yeah, super super duper cheap. And the state the city was trying to like beg somebody to take that building because they built it for purposes of helping the community. It was none profits involved with it. It was supposed to be teaching the community and right and a lot of stuff was supposed to happen and it never happened. So they needed that to be taken off of their hands because it was just sitting and nobody was doing nothing with it. So it was actually a good idea, and it was the perfect idea, you know what I'm saying for him to do that. But I'm down with all of that, but you just we just got off on the wrong foot with him disrespecting his Ratchet shit because my first album was called fifty one fifty Ratchet. I got home boys just named Ratchet Life. That's dead and gone. My partners created a whole record label based off of this, this culture. You know what I'm saying. He got sentenced to life and end up giving a sentence back and coming home to seeing you saying that Ratchett shit is dead. And he just got home this year, like and he thought he was coming home and to get his ship back popping, you know what I'm saying. Like, so you're really just you saying.
Speaker 3: But that was where things got on the wrong foot.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, So now when I when I see the event go down and no, no Ratchett City Artists is involved, and I don't see no you know, like no, no, no hommage being paid to the city. It was a bunch of people Louisiana, Like it was some people from Louisiana, but it was nobody, No, no, it was it was it was a artist from Louisiana, but it was nobody from Streetport. My thing is, you're saying this is your city. You're saying it's what we're gonna.
Speaker 4: Call this city. This is kind of called this city. So put some of your who is the artist in your city?
Speaker 1: That's popping. What's the neighborhoods in your city? Since you're saying this your city and we ain't gonna call it ratch your city, what's the problems in the community. You know what I'm saying. I understand you doing your part and all of that, but what the fuck is they gonna help to youngsters that's out here shooting and killing each other. You could fool a bunch of dummies with oh yeah, I'm finnaar people gonna be able to work for my studios.
Speaker 3: So I'm about to help the community.
Speaker 1: Bro, If you ain't building a big ass industrial company and hiring a thousands and thousands of people, then you're not about to put no significant dent into the problem that's happening with a lack of jobs in the community. So what he got as a marketing agent that I had hired working with me at one time, and what they know how to do is put a message out to the community that and make them really understand the message and take it and put it into the perception. He got somebody that I used to have working for me, and he was the head of marketing, and his whole thing is marketing is perception and what you can make people believe. People so slow they don't see plays happening right inside of their face. I'm the type of person to where I make immediate demands. If you're gonna sell me a dream, I don't want the dream. Tell I'm make immediate demands for for you know you understand that. If I'm doing business with somebody.
Speaker 3: My thing is is, did you attempt to like maybe reach out and like before things got I reach.
Speaker 1: Out a few times, we need to sit down and talk. I never got a response.
Speaker 3: Who did you reach out to that I.
Speaker 1: Reach out to him? And I actually spoke to his right hand man, YAlO Nahnee, a guy that we both know and come and that that that I brought to the city that ended up bringing him to the city.
Speaker 3: Got it. So I guess that's my thing is, like I think two things can be true at the same time. It can't be true that he was a little disrespectful with the getting rid of Raget City. And it also can be true that he's bringing industry and jobs to the city, right.
Speaker 1: I mean a move, he got a he got a studio, so that if you can act and you want to be in the music, I mean, a movie industry is definitely going to be a plus to you.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean with acting like people I live. I live in Burbank where there's studios everywhere, there's light people right, right.
Speaker 1: So it's definated. Do you want to be in the industry, then it's definitely gonna be a good thing for you.
Speaker 3: Right yeah, even if you like can build shit, right.
Speaker 1: Right, involvement in the movie industry is gonna be a good thing.
Speaker 3: And I think, I think, but I just think I think that, like I said, both things can be true. Like he could be he could have approached things differently. But also he also is bringing what seems to be some opportunity to it.
Speaker 1: But I don't matter how much opportunity I bring into your house, I gotta respect the people inside of your house. If I walk into your house just because I'm the person who's finna pay for the food today, that don't mean I get to swing my dick around and talk.
Speaker 3: Do you think he's been disrespectful to the people of the city or do you just think he can just relighted the hip hop culture.
Speaker 1: The culture so and the culture is created by the people. We are the people, you know what I'm saying. So I speak for the people, not the Internet. But I speak for the people who don't even know how to work Instagram, you know what I'm saying, the actual community.
Speaker 3: Like, after you guys got into your uh your dispute, there has there been any conversation outside of the internet back and forth.
Speaker 1: No, it ain't been no conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, you know, I think I think think it would it would be who fifty to you know, if he's got a business in a city like Streetport to talk to somebody like you and at the very least clear up and need a disrespect You know.
Speaker 1: I just want you to understand that this is an actual culture. I will never go out here till the Bay Wing calling this debay no more. I will never go to New York and say Win calling this the big Apple no more. You can do the biggest shit in the world, but you can't fucking put respect last.
Speaker 4: You gotta respect.
Speaker 1: First, bro, I don't give a fuck if you're doing billion dollar deal. Showed that you got some fucking respect, bro, show that first. Don't walk in the room with my wallet. Walk in the fucking room and say how you doing?
Speaker 3: Shake your hand you feel.
Speaker 1: I don't walk in and say all this shit on the wall. U. If we need to take this shit down, I might think that, but let me work my way in and talk to the people who did that and let them know my idea.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Hey, man, I know you had a lot of.
Speaker 4: Time that you put into that wall with your face.
Speaker 1: I think it'll be better if we do this like this. But I'm not about to just walk in here and rip this fucking bootleg Camps signed off the wall, right because I'm the new dick swinging in town.
Speaker 3: Would you would you be open to having a conversation and kind of educating him on where he might have missed it. Yeah, Yeah, that's important.
Speaker 1: Definitely.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Talk to me man, like I'm thinking all the way back. Okay, So I'm a heavy hitter. Baby is my boy. That's my brother. I love baby. I know you guys had a falling out, uh, and you know he's doing this thing in Dallas.
Speaker 1: What's crazy is like I've always had a big amount of love, Like, so that's that's that's one thing.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean because when you so for people who don't know, like, Babe is a legendary DJ, He's from Shreveport. He's been fucking killing it in Dallas on the rail forever.
Speaker 1: He's heavier since fucking since before I was eating in the game.
Speaker 3: He's been trying to get me to go down to the South to when it's crawfish season for fucking ever. And so so you started working with Beabe as a kid, right.
Speaker 1: I started working with three feet as a kid, okay, And so that's his right hand man.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what ended up happening Because I saw a little bit of what you said, I'm glad. I think it just came out today. Actually where you were essentially you were a kid and you were just kind of listening to what your big homies were saying at the time, right right, carst rated your mom didn't know much about the business, right right, right, So where did things kind of go wrong? And would you ever be open to sitting down with beabay and kind of leaving that shit in the past.
Speaker 1: What shit went wrong at was? I I signed my idea at around like fifteen, sixteen years old, right, my daddy was locked up. My mama didn't know nothing about this. So she trusted my manager with me, with my safety, with me getting home from school, everything, you know what I'm saying, Like, she trusted these cats to leave me in the right directly, well, my manager, right so bro was my manager, right hand man. I went to the We used to go to the club and they used to turn up. So one night we're in the club and everybody just going crazy, Hey baby baby, he DJing, tan it bitch up and we in the crowd going stupid, Hey, hey baby baby hey. I go to the studio that same night. I said, Man, I'm finna make a song about this shit. I called him. I said, I'm finna, boy, I'm finna make a hit off this ship. He said, make that motherfucker. I already got money and this shit gonna help you musically, so let's do it. I made that motherfucker and it pop blew up. This shit became number one in the fucking universe, like praise, so boom, everything all gravy. Fast forward a label come offer me a deal. College Park. I choose listen. This was mister Parker Collie Park, So I choose to sit down there and listen to the meeting. After the meeting, I ain't want to do the deal. I was ready to walk out. So I walked out the room and they seen it on my face that I wasn't gonna sign the deal.
Speaker 4: That's when baby come.
Speaker 1: And tell me, trust us to make the right decision for you. Jesse listened to us, so I said fuck it and I signed.
Speaker 4: A deal, which was the worst situation we could have did.
Speaker 1: Like my advance to start off with my first deal, the advance was thirty k. This was for a Bay Bay.
Speaker 3: Now now this was just signing the college Park.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: College Park. Took me to Jay Records.
Speaker 1: They gave me the this is where I got my first advance from Okay, Colle Park just connected the situation, got it and got a percentage.
Speaker 3: So your first you did? You signed a Jay. At the time, Jay Records had like Alicia Keys and right right right right right, all that shit right right right.
Speaker 1: So I end up doing the deal, I get out. I get into it with the record label. But when I fall out with the label. I hear brow up and I tell them, hey, this ship ain't going right. I need you to I need you to reach out and I need to try to fix this ship. To see what I need to do to get this ship fixed and resolved. We having problems. We're going back and forth and a grant on shit. He telled me, Hey, man, I don't want nothing to do with that. I still want to be involved and be able to go back and do business with him. Bro, I'm in this situation because you told me, trust me to make the best decision for you. Now that shit fucked up, you telling me you ain't gonna help. So that was strike one boom. I you fast forward Tom and I catch my case. When I catch my case and I bun out and I hit him up and I tell him, I need you to make this move, make this call for me, so I could put this play together and I could take care of all this shit.
Speaker 3: I what year was this?
Speaker 1: This was matter? Don't make me live about the year Google where Yeah, I got arrested. It was right when I burned it out, like four years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah so this was recently yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So when I burned out, I called him and I tell him a call Seuch and such and tell them I'm trying to do this because at this point, I got a bunch of fucking fees and I need to keep running this bag up. Bro, tell me I ain't fucking with the music. I ain't fucking with none of this shit. I ain't fucking with none of it. I say, brouh, I'm fighting for my life right now. You're telling me some shit about what you ain't fucking with, and I'm telling you I need you to make a call so I could put my own I put my own business together, or his boy, his baby, Okay, after all the shit we'd have been through. I'm like, Bro, you're telling me this, and I'm fighting for my life right now. So I'm good on you, Homy, I'm good. I'm straight. And we ain't talk since then.
Speaker 3: Damn. So that was like four years ago. Yeah that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Man, am I I mean how you feel about that?
Speaker 3: I mean I feel you, I think, especially.
Speaker 1: If we ain't had no situations as to where you feel, no type of way about how many Everything is all good.
Speaker 3: So what I'm thinking is okay, because you had what year did you stop kind of officially working with them or were you always kind of still we was.
Speaker 4: Always still doing here and that Okay, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Even at that point when I hit him about that, we had just had a meeting probably a month ago, where I was sitting him in his right hand man down to try to help them get on the same page and then maybe some out of the good to come for it from, you know, for all of us. We all see some good from from what's from the meeting. Damn, you know, but you know that's what it is.
Speaker 3: So well, hopefully I gotta.
Speaker 1: Keep it g Like if I'm down and I'm fucked up and I'm telling you, hey, people, I need you to do that and it ain't nothing that's gonna.
Speaker 4: Hurt you or take from you, and you refuse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm in a desert and I'm telling you, hey, bring me a glass of water, and you refuse to bring me that glass of water. I ain't never gonna forget how fucking how it was in the desert because now I'm in an ac right now. I don't need a nigga for ship. So it's like, so are you are you?
Speaker 3: Are you independent? Or what you what is your current label situation.
Speaker 4: I'm independent, but I fucked with the Light's global like.
Speaker 3: Good Folk shot to Duney and them yea yea yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. So we got a situation, we're working.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I feel like uh Miguel doing it o G. Yeah for sure. I feel like you know, you've had a I mean ever since obviously you you you were found not guilty of your situation. You got out. I just feel like you've been grinding, bro fucking right working.
Speaker 1: They took so much from me. I had to hit the ground and get that ship back. Yeah, I had to get back what I lost.
Speaker 3: I think too. It's like it's funny too because, uh there was a was it like a Tony Touch freestyle or is there some freestyle.
Speaker 2: You got that back in the day I did, But Bro, you was fucked like you were like a rapping ass full for real, like you could fucking like like, are.
Speaker 3: You like just gifted as a freestyle or because I mean, this ship comes so natural to you, like like do you write like when like think about it started out freestyle. So when you're in the when you're in the booths, a lot of kids are punching in these days. Are you punching in or you writing your ship out? Like? How are you recording now?
Speaker 1: Right? I ain't rolling?
Speaker 3: So you're just saying just off the top running.
Speaker 1: Backs studio with me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Have they ever saw me?
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't even use no, ain't no phone in my hand or none of that ship.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I hear the beat out walk in the boot. That's wow, bro, that you hit his new ship.
Speaker 3: Talk to me about I saw that you had a lawsuit that you were going to be suing the city of Shreveport. Is that still something that's still happening or I.
Speaker 1: Am pressed forward with the lawsuit because I was gonna have to spend like some stupid money on lawyers, and I wasn't guaranteed to even get the paperwork to show me what was saying and what happened in the courtroom, like the records. It's hard to get the paperwork that I need to go forward with my lawsuit.
Speaker 4: They got the right to deny this shit.
Speaker 1: They don't have to give it to me, like the records from the courtroom that I need. They got our long history of denying. And then the lawyer telling me when I spend the money. It's a real big gamble, you know what I'm saying. So I feel like God got me out of the situation. And if I could stop other people from getting into the situation by shedding some light on how fucked up the justice system, if I could let these youngsters know, if you go catch a charge and you ain't got two hundred and fifty thousand and a half a million dollars and a property to put up, your ass gonna be sitting in.
Speaker 3: Jail with some bullshit public defender.
Speaker 1: With a bullshit public defender. Even with a real lawyer, you still get your ass slung. I got a partner with real lawyer, just got two thirty year sentences, got a partner with a real lawyer, just got two like no guarantee sitting in there right now.
Speaker 3: Did they try to push you, like to take a like a plea?
Speaker 1: After my ship was over, my lawyer told me, you know, they came to me and told me that they'll let you take forty years. He said, I know, if I would have bought it to you, you would have faed me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you would have been fucked because you ended up getting free and beating the charge.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 3: But they want you to take well, they want you to take the plea.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't taken five you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, self defense. Yeah, that's what's crazy. Is like in the South. You know, it's very uh possible to defend yourself in California. If someone breaks into your fucking house and you shoot them, you're going to jail. They don't give a fuck out here.
Speaker 1: Bro like, and they going to hell.
Speaker 3: They're going to go to hell, and you're going to jail.
Speaker 1: Pick one jail a hell no.
Speaker 3: But but it is interesting.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I'm glad. I'm glad you beat your charge. And I think, uh, you know, I think it's important that you, uh you shed light on like kind of what happened, because, like you said, a lot of a lot of people man with no resources, they get put in that room and the lawyer says, look, we could either fight this and there's a chance you go to prison for the rest of your life, or you could take this plea deo even though you know you're innocent, and it's eight years or it's ten years, and then you're like, well, fuck, if.
Speaker 1: You ain't got no bag, put up as you to chill out, you know, lay back, don't jump out here here first, like.
Speaker 3: That random question. There's a show called True Detective. Did you ever watch it? Okay, so it was based in Louisiana, some of it in treport. It's with Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson. It's pretty it's a pretty gnarly show. But I was just I wanted to get your take on, like how accurate of a depiction it was of because there's like parishes and shit, which is like what.
Speaker 1: We got parishes?
Speaker 3: Would you say a parish is like a city or like a zip code or like it's like a county a county. So if there's a parish, like, is there like a parish police department.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a kettle parish police plum.
Speaker 3: So why why like, what is a fucking parish compared Like, why there is there only parishes in Louisiana.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what with how that ship is set up.
Speaker 3: I'm like, it's the only fucking place with parishes.
Speaker 1: Because in Houston you got counties.
Speaker 3: Right, we got counties everywhere else?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ain't never, I don't understand it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it's interesting. Who are some of the young up and coming artists out of Streetport that you would have, like, you know, you obviously mentioned fifty didn't kind of is there anybody who's on the come up that you want to shut somebody on? Hell?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got you got a lot of these boys. You got do Wop green eyes. It's so de little man, they're gonna be mad at me. You gotta be with There's a lot of young cats that's popping right now, Like Streetport got some heat. We got legends as well that's been popping for a long time, like people that was popping a long time ago that's still rock big heavy crowds like big Popper. You know what I'm saying, KP. Streetport got a music history, and we actually got artists that's been rocking crowds of seven eight thousand people locally.
Speaker 3: That's great. That's a lot of fucking. That's a lot of fucking.
Speaker 1: Half of like, we got people that have been filling up whole sections of football stadiums and rocking that shit. And you see, you might see ten fifteen thousand people out here saying this shit word for words like Streetport got a history of music and that's why I feel like it's important that people pay homage and respect to that shit when you come there, you understand what I'm saying? What is uh?
Speaker 3: Give me kind of like geographically Streetport the Baton Rouge in New Orleans? Like where like how far is where you're from? From those two places?
Speaker 1: New Orleans? Probably you probably end up taking like four and a half five hours to get there.
Speaker 3: That's a serious mission.
Speaker 1: Ben Rudge, like four.
Speaker 3: Hours and then you guys are pretty close to Dallas.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, we like two and a half hours from Dallas, right, So would you say that about a good three hours max?
Speaker 3: Would you say that? Like Shreveport and Dallas have more in common musically.
Speaker 1: Streetport and Dallas don't have more in coming musically, they got more, They got a lot in common culture wise because Streetport is so close to Texas, so is North Louisiana, So it ain't they don't have the accent that Badon Ruoge got. We ain't got the accent that New Orleans got. Like it, right, we got our own accent. But it's different. You know what I'm saying. You'll be able to tell the difference, Like you guys.
Speaker 3: Aren't saying WOADI in h Streetport.
Speaker 1: Nah, we don't say Woday. I don't even think New Orleans say that.
Speaker 3: Noing was that was the thing when I was like Woaday whenever you were listening to the master p True albums. Shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't even think I think they upgraded. They hold Lingo and Dialect.
Speaker 3: You and Boozye put out a dope record recently. He obviously if you go all the way back to the Ababay remix, he was on that. He was one of the thirty eight rappers that was on the remix. What was on that rebax?
Speaker 1: It was game Boozy forty Kiss jadakiss Uh. It was a lot of people, bro it was Coloratcher remix, the game for the jade ki is Boosy Birdman.
Speaker 3: Birdman was on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a lot of people.
Speaker 3: It was like how long was I just remember it being too long to play on the radio?
Speaker 1: Man? That shit was crazy. I think I broke remix eight minutes or something. The hardest remix in rap history. Yeah yeah, what what was I mean?
Speaker 3: Obviously at that time the hottest joint out, Like, was that something that like you were were you were some of those like features favors, some of them the label had to pay.
Speaker 1: For Nah, the record got so big bro that everybody just said they just wanted to get on it. Everybody just started flooding. They was like gonna beef with me. I had people telling me, man, if you take me off of this regular, we ain't friends no more. Wow.
Speaker 3: Was there anybody who didn't make it to try to get on it?
Speaker 1: Like a lot of versus that I think. I think I had a verse from Ludacris. Pimpsey was on it. The label made the worst decision ever when they cut Pimps off of it, like that's and he to kill everybody from the regular Abel to.
Speaker 3: Pimpc. Pimpsy was on a Hey Baby remix.
Speaker 1: His DJ caught me like two weeks ago telling me he got the verse, So I'm gonna get that verse.
Speaker 3: Oh, you gotta get that verse even if you like you know what's crazy is you could probably like reproduce the song and reperform it and do like a fucking twenty twenty four, because you know that's what Taylor Swift did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she re recorded all the music.
Speaker 3: That'd be crazy if you got the Pimps verse. Did you have a good relationship with PIMPC when he was a Liveye.
Speaker 1: I just tried to PIMC like every day, like for probably like at least an hour on the phone. We talked daily. Bro.
Speaker 3: He was so fucking ahead of his time. And I just think if he still was with us, he would have one of the most fire podcasts of all time. Like I think how Drake Champs is cracking. Can you imagine if Pimpsy had a fucking podcast in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Man, they try to cancel his ass already, you couldn't cancel him. They had to cancel him.
Speaker 3: I'd be like Pimps and Boozie are the same, Like you could never cancel boo It don't matter what Boozy does or says.
Speaker 1: He's kind of come from that umbrella, you know for sure, kind of was affiliated with So it's a lot of affiliation there, but that that definitely was a good friend of mine. Like Pimp ain't give a fuck what he said, when he said it, how he said it. If Pimp was alive right now, a lot of this ship that's happening wouldn't be happening. He'll be speaking up on it for sure.
Speaker 3: Uh. I feel like just because of the tempo of your records, Like the West Coast has always had a place for your ship in the club.
Speaker 1: The West Coast was like when I first popped, this is where I lived at. Where were living in l An Like I was here, So you were lived here, bro Like I had an apartment here and everything Like I was here here?
Speaker 3: Was it like the getting out to the Bay a lot too?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was in a bay lot too. I shot a video in the in the Bay with Bobby Valentino. Mm hmm, yep, so I was. I was really playing the Cali scene real heavy. A lot of people from my label lived out here, so I had heavy resources out here. You know. I still fuck with it out here to for real still to this day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like just just with the temple of your shit.
Speaker 1: I used to pull up on the game all them every day, like I'm tapped in out here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, talk to me about uh this new record with Boozy. It's crazy at Murder Murder Murder. I mean, you guys have dealt with.
Speaker 1: K four seven on the side of my bed. You should have cross housed. You drew in your head rolling with me. Didn't need us have a body, but that on my mama paint the city red. They tried to take me away from my family and nigga. Just imagine the feeling the district could turn and yell and then my face. We're gonna do life if we'll give you this sentence. I was protecting myself. I ain't never walked out of my house looking for no issues. Nigga put my life in danger. The detectors ain't even go question the witness. I stayed on the scene telling what happened, looked dead in his eyes. I really ain't capping now. I'm in this hot ass call. Had a panic attack in the back of the bitch crazy.
Speaker 4: My life on the line. It's a legal burner.
Speaker 1: How to fuck They still hit me with a murder like I'm supposed to let a nigga step on me then hop on the ground trying to rap on me. This's a dirty game. Ain't no referee, Crazy go go YouTube didn't murder me and Buoso.
Speaker 3: Yeah videos out right now. I think it's too up too, because like we gotta listen. Side note, just a quick side note, all of the icons from Louisiana have all had extremely high profile legal situations. Whether it's you, Wayne back in the day, fucking free young boy who's just twenty seven months boozy. I mean, I feel like they just stay trying to lock Boozy up.
Speaker 1: Man, it's hard on us, bro, Like, I don't know what the fuck it is. I don't know what it is, bro, Like, all the Louisiana artists have to go through this shit, and it ain't just Louisiana. It's really a lot of artists all over the world right now.
Speaker 4: They just it's the lifestyle. We come from.
Speaker 1: A lot of us really, you know, come from certain type of environments, so we prone to the shit that happened in those environments. Like you know, that's why a lot of people, you know, they don't go back to their community. I go back, you know, like, yeah, it's just me.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's important that you you because we see so many artists losing their life in their hometown, is it? Do you think it was imperative for you to kind of try to get out in terms of just like where you live.
Speaker 1: I ain't get out for that reason. I got out to do more business and handle more and have more opportunities in bigger cities, Like I never had to leave for that reason. I've been here my whole life, and it's only one hundred some thousand people. It ain't. This ain't a random place.
Speaker 3: One hundred thousand people is not a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Over It's like one eighty. Now, yeah, but this ain't a place where. This ain't the type of you know what I'm saying, Like you have random shit happened, But everybody know everybody. Right, if I'm somewhere, I'm where I supposed to be. We in our neighborhood, We were at our spots. You know what I'm saying, I ain't and I go and I deal with the whole city, like I go in every neighborhood, and I know people. I could walk in any house, you know what I'm saying, Like I could walk through any neighborhood and find a door I can knock on where they're gonna let me in. It's gonna be my cousin or something. You know what I'm saying. Like I'm rooted in the community. So I ain't never felt like I need to get out of here for my safety, Like right, I ain't never made no bunch of enemies like that, you understand what I'm saying. So it's different from me, like I ain't never been. I ain't never really just made no bunch of enemies. I've kind of just been cool with everybody, you know what I'm saying, even the cats that don't fuck with like that, I keep it quadroing. I don't even don't make too much out of shit. You know what I'm saying. Everybody know me is that's little Cane. Ain't nobody like that nigga did this to such and such a no shit like that. That's little Cane, right, That's it since I was I've been there since I was a little boy. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Did you ever like find out if halle Berry ever heard your record?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Hell yeah, she danced to the record.
Speaker 3: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: Ellen, did they did the dance?
Speaker 3: Ellen? What man?
Speaker 1: You could hook me up with him?
Speaker 3: I don't know halle Berry from when I.
Speaker 1: Gather color somebody color.
Speaker 3: I don't know. If you want that smoke, I want the smoke. She just got divorced again. I'm like, who divorces? And it was the dude that divorced her. I'm like, yo, who's divorced? She must be, That's what I'm saying. She must be kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't give a fuck, Eric, it could be crazy Aale Barry No, but it's until you hit it.
Speaker 3: We wanted the right to be crazy.
Speaker 1: Let her be crazy.
Speaker 3: About halle Berry or wears off and you're like, oh, she might be crazy.
Speaker 1: Your girl crazy anyway?
Speaker 3: Your girl crazy, my girl. You ain't lying about that girl's crazy. That's a fair point.
Speaker 1: Just pick one.
Speaker 3: That's a fair point. What you got on the way man? Obviously the new videos.
Speaker 1: Out Hurricane season two hours to drop that mix tape. I got a whole nother project we're working on. Wantin Luther Kines Junior. Okay, that's a mix tape off Martin Luther Kine Junior, Wantin Luther Kine Jr.
Speaker 3: I like it. Can we just not put MLK on the cover?
Speaker 1: Nah, I ain't gonna, you know, I just you.
Speaker 3: Know how there you know, there's those club flyers that go viral every MLK day. There's the club flyer where Martin Luther King's with some bel air on the front of a flyer.
Speaker 1: Now, I ain't doing it like that. Ain't doing it like that. It might not aven't be nobody on the cover.
Speaker 3: Would you and Boozye do a joint project. He's he's noted.
Speaker 1: We got a project. Oh yeah, we got a project bad as hurricane too. We just got to finish it.
Speaker 3: That shit, oh fire, it's.
Speaker 1: Probably like probably got like like twelve songs done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what's up man, Shot to Boozie, Shot to you man, So when is uh?
Speaker 1: I got a non profit to the Lawyer Foundation leading now you their life. So I'm working on that to be able to help kids after school. And I'm gonna have like three different people from three different career paths to try to guide kids and.
Speaker 3: All career paths. And that's fucking awesome.
Speaker 1: And some direction and motivation, has some counselors there for him as well. That's gonna be in Streeport Streetport and Atlanta.
Speaker 3: That's big man, that's big. Well, look go follow this guy. Appreciate you pulling up man, fuck with me. Hopefully we can get you in fifty cent to chat and you know, do some dope shit. And I hope one day you and baby chat because I love Baby, and you know, I feel like you know you guys will you guys will put that behind you one day. I think I think it's gonna have to be him to reach out to you, though. But if Baby reached out, would you answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got an unblack as number. I was mad than the motherfucker.
Speaker 2: W Bro ain't block his number, Man Bro did. When Bro did that, I got a call. See now I gotta call him and be like yo. I talked to Hurricane Chris. From what he described it sounded a little fucked up. You should call him man and squash it. Because Baby is a good man. I know him to be a good man.
Speaker 3: I love Baby, so I would just love to see y'all.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't like to keep grudges going and shit like that.
Speaker 3: That you always on and then you guys are so tied together.
Speaker 4: I always like for understanding and be had.
Speaker 3: For sure, even if it's even if it's agreeing to disagree.
Speaker 1: Right right, right right. What I'm saying, yeah, ain't. When you sit down with somebody, you ain't looking for them to just adopt your opinion.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 1: The sit down is to show that at least we have, at least we could speak, and it showed the effort from both sides, for sure. You know.
Speaker 3: That's that's what I feel like we need more of that in general right now, just in America.
Speaker 1: You know a lot of people got it in their mind that when shit goes so far that it ain't no talking. Somebody got shot, it ain't no talking, right, bro, How many walls didn't happen that had to end eventually?
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 1: Somebody got hurt in every war, but they still had to end eventually.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: So that's what I'd be wanting people to understand that you got to leave room for conversation with sure.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's why a lot of the street shit never ends, because it's like it's like bloodshed happens and then somebody has to say, Okay, that was the last blood to shed. I gotta get one now, you know what I'm saying. So I appreciate you pulling up man, Hurricane Chris, thinking for your time. Brother, you dig there it is