Speaker 1: There's just a lot of optimisms surrounding Misrowsky. I'm surprised it took this long, but the fact that he's about to make his debut, I think everyone in baseball should be watching.
Speaker 2: Your from fanside at MLB insider Robert Murray where it's Robert, good to see you, and I want to start trades. Then we'll get to some call ups. I want to get right to biz.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: Team that you think will be the most popular for phone calls based on legit assets that can help a team win the World Series is.
Speaker 1: I'll go to the Arizona Diamondbacks, and first of all, good to be here with you boys. It's been a while, but they have so many different pieces here and this season has not gone out they expected it at all. But they have pieces such as like Zach Gallan, they have Merril Kelly, they have Shelby Miller, have a bunch of pieces on offense which are headlined by Suarez there. So they have so many different names that they're already starting to get calls in Arizona. They're not ready to sell quite yet, but if they continue to struggle, and with Corbin Birds's injury, then that could make them a really enticing trade candidate for so many different teams. There's not a lot of obvious sellers right now, so if you can, if they end up deciding to sell, they could really end up dictating the market.
Speaker 2: Here, Robert, where are you at on the Orioles and how far they will go? We talked earlier about Felix Bautista. I actually believe that he won't be dealt based on how many years he has left, what his cost is, and the messaging to Orioles fans.
Speaker 3: Hey, we tanked for half a decade. We lost favor in the area.
Speaker 2: There are fans that probably became Nationals fans, not older fans, but younger fans because they're like, this isn't a serious franchise. They're tanking for years and the window was so short for now they can't just close it. Do you think that if they trade someone like Bautista who has years of control, they're sending the wrong message and they should look more at Sir Anthony Dominguez, Andrew Kittridge, Cedric Mullins, Ryan O'Hearn, etc.
Speaker 1: I think you're spot on with that. If I was them, I would not move Bautista unless you end up getting just a massive haul like we ended up seeing last year with Scott and a bunch of these other relievers who were moved last year. Like the prices on relief pitching, especially high leverage guys, was just so high, and these teams could not necessarily ignore that, Like the value was just too much for them to say no to. And if the Oriols get something like that in return, then I think that conversation could be had. But if you're looking at it from their perspective, they, in my opinion, they can't move guys that are not sign or they can't move guys who are signed long term. They have to move guys who are signed in for only this season. And you can look at Charlie Morton, to me is one of the better value plays. He struggled to start this year. But I think a guy with his history and just how good he's been and how important he's been in clubhouses as well, that guy I would target him if I was a team not looking to necessarily like break the bank for a starting pitcher, just a pitcher in general. But you mentioned some of these other guys as well, like Sigano, like Zach Eflin, Cedric Mullins. There's so many different also relief pitchers as well, Kid Ridge. I mean, although he's signed for next year as well, But they have guys who assigned short term that they can move on from, and they have a core of young players. And you guys were talking about it before I hopped on here. The expectations were just so high in Baltimore and it's just not been that at all, and they have to continue to try to build for next year and going forward. They cannot sell anything too big where it just decreases their chances of winning next season, because then that could end up really impacting Michael Lias's job status, and maybe with them moving on from their manager, that has already happened where it's like the seats starting to get warm. But they're going to be building for next year and going forward, so I expect this to be just a sell off of expiring contracts for this year.
Speaker 4: But isn't that just quinn pro quo from normal teams that are like championship caliber teams. We always talk about how well the Pirates can't trade Paul Skiings, the Orioles can't trade the Mountain like to me teams that don't go out and spend and make that big move. You can't just go quick broke, well like the Yankees would never trade to Paul Skis. They would never trade Like you have to almost like flip the script and be like, wow, how did they do that? Are the Orioles in that position? Or does this new ownership. I think they spent seventy three more million dollars this year, just expect Okay, we're gonna run it back next year, but we're gonna put our money into new things because if they don't go out and get the guy, because all we heard from the Orioles was, Oh, we're gonna go trade for this guy, trade for that guy. Why not make a big move now and get that starting pitcher before the offseason.
Speaker 1: You're preaching an a choir on that one, because I've been wanting them to make a big move for even since the offseason and they just have not done that. And it's incredibly frustrating because I I'm a covering baseball. I'm ten plus years into this now, which is kind of crazy to think about, but I've never seen a core of like this talent or this much talent of players, even maybe since like the Chicago Cubs, or even more so than that, like they've they have such a like a great collection of young players all across a roster here, and they've just not maximized it. And if there was anything that they were going to go out and spend on, it was starting pitching, like they did it getting Corbyn Burns almost immediately after the ownership change, So I was hoping and thinking that was like a sign of things to come, but it's just been incredibly underwhelming. And whether it's the owner, whether it's MIKEE. Lass being hesitant to make a big move like that, I'm not exactly sure what it is, or even if it's just a mixture of both. But this team, especially with all these guys signed cheap but also long term as well, now has been the time to go out and get those players in free agency or even when you have an infield logjam or even an outfield logjam, trading some of those guys and improving your pitching staff. They've not done that. They did it last year and with the trade with the Marlins, and they moved and got Kyle Stours and Connor Norby, and that trade was easily the worst of last deadline, so they the pressure is on them to get things right both now and in the off season, because if not, then there's gonna be a lot to talk about them looking for both a new manager but also a new GM as well.
Speaker 2: If you're one of those on the go people, or you're skipping meals but you don't want to.
Speaker 3: There's gotta be a quicker solution. We've got one for you. It's called Huel. I'm going to take a swig. Cheers to Hewel.
Speaker 2: This is the black edition, plant based as well. Good for me, But what do you like about it?
Speaker 5: I like the nutrition of it and the replacement meal is great for me. Someone always on the go, like man, I can just grab one of these out of my fridge, lunch, breakfast, whatever it takes, whatever meal I'm not gonna have time to eat. It fills me up and it tastes great. You know why because it tastes like milkshake, ice cream, whatever you want to call it. Whatever flavor you get is delicious.
Speaker 2: Thirty five grams approach, teen six grams of five or twenty seven vitamins and minerals.
Speaker 3: Low sugar.
Speaker 2: You can get yourself fifteen percent off plus a free gift for new customers using the exclusive FT code foul Foul at Huele dot com slash fowl. Please see our description for terms and conditions. Skip the stress, not the nutrition. Try huel today for complete nutrition bottled. While you're mentioning the Marlins, what do you think they'll do? I mean, Sandel Contras put together back to back nice addings. So maybe he goes on a little run here over the next month and gets himself back into the trade conversation for Miami. I'm sure they would like to move him. Pictures are always taking time bombs, even though this one's coming off surgery, And if they're thinking long term, this would be a good year to do it if he gets back on track. And is there anyone else you think that could pop up and be relevant for a Marlins trade conversation?
Speaker 1: I honestly think the Marlins will listen on anyone not named Augustine Ramirez or even Yurie Perez, anyone else I think the listen on. And like I want to make it clear, like listening and shopping are two totally different things. Every team listens on almost every player, Like that's just a part of it. Because you got to know exactly what kind of value is out there and try to make the most informed decisions for your franchise. So when I say that, like they're I just anticipate them listening on essentially everyone on the roster. And I could also see that including a guy like Kyle Stowers. And and my guess is a trade is probably unlikely considering this just the overall year he's had. He signed long term, he signed cheap. I believe he's in his mid to late twenties somewhere in that ballpark, and he's a really valuable piece. But what I said before with the Diamondbacks is, so far this looks like a very limited trade market and a seller's market. And I would not be surprised at all off that Marlin's got plenty of trade calls for a gallic stours And if you can end up having those trade calls turn into offers, and those offers turning into a bidding war, then that could be something where I could see the Marlins trying to take advantage of that. I think Star Wars makes plenty of sense. Sandy al Contra, We've talked about plenty and the year that he's had overall has been extremely disappointing. Like I think his best baseball is easily ahead of him, but this season has been a huge struggle for him, and I would not be surprised whatsoever if the Marlins held on to him and tried to wait for the the offseason or even maybe next trade deadline to try to trade him. So my guess is Sandy stays, but then some of these other guys on the roster they could be had, or even some some bullpen guys as well, because bullpen is always just a huge need for almost every contending team.
Speaker 3: Hold up though on stours.
Speaker 2: I don't know where he's at with service time, but it is very very early in the service time clock. Yeah, free agent listed here. I don't with Baseball Reference that they mean after during the year. It as twenty thirty you mentioned, so after twenty thirty.
Speaker 4: Wasn't he a rookie last year?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think a couple of other times. Yeah, he had been up and down actually for the last few years, but barely. Yeah, Okay, they're going to trade him. He looks like a piece of the future, honestly.
Speaker 3: Okay, there we go.
Speaker 1: I gotta make sure I don't think. I don't think they're going to trade him, but I think there's any teams call. So that's that's what I want to say there.
Speaker 5: Peter Bendix will trade anybody we make the right right, you know what they could You know what if you call Peter Bendix right now and you offer him the bat dog that just got called up, he'd be like, you know, we could save a couple of bucks by making that trade. Maybe we could do that and the dog, but the bat dog could.
Speaker 1: Also do something.
Speaker 5: We could also save money on a bat boy.
Speaker 1: So he's like.
Speaker 2: Maybe, yeah, see Robert would never trade his pot. But I get what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Not available, he's untouched category for me exactly.
Speaker 3: There you go, crack you go, all right.
Speaker 4: The Rockies they've always been willing to like make big moves at the trade deadline when they wait.
Speaker 1: No, not the Rockets.
Speaker 4: Literally they have some pieces. Are they going to be able to move or want to move the pieces that are actually good or are they just going to be a team that tries to move like a Kinley who's I think he has a six plus ra or even finally move McCann who I mean McMahon who now isn't having a great year when they could have traded him other years and gotten something for him.
Speaker 1: There is a reason why the Rockies are always bad, and I mean that's just one of many reasons for them. And it's unfortunate because that ballpark is beautiful and they somehow have a bunch of people in the stands on every night, but yet the product on a field stinks. And that's not the player's fault. That's just an organizational problem and it starts at the trade trade deadline because they've had they've had players in the past, and Ryan McMahon it really is just the prime example of that. He is someone they should have sold when his value was a lot higher. I know myself and so many others were really like adamant that they should absolutely listen. But yet Dick Mumfort and that organization put their foot down and we're just like, Nope, that's a guy we're not moving. He's a fan. He's a favorite of Muntfort as well, and that's gotten in the way of this, and also I believe some other other things in the past as well. But if they listen on him right now, which I think Ken Rosenthal even reported today like there's no real sign that there or there's no real like they haven't decided exactly what they're going to do here. But if they do listen on McMahon or even some of their relievers or just anyone on that roster in general, they should absolutely consider moving McMahon, even though his values not at what it once was, But shedding out or shedding that big contract would be ideal for them. But just they could have gotten so much more even a year or two ago. And the fact that they've waited this long and might move him now, I just the Rockies are going to Rocky.
Speaker 4: But the whole Momford family works for the Rockies, don't they.
Speaker 5: It's like the dad, the brother, the son, the other song on this Guy's Sister. It's like the whole family works with the Rockies. So they can't sell. They can't move on because they then they would have to find a whole new family business. Besides, I get what my mom for someone to sell. All right, let's go to a team in their division of the Padres. What's a bigger need for the Padres left field? Which is they do have Hayward coming back? Or is it Catcher which one, do you think they have a better chance and more maybe a better need of filling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a that's a good question, and I think you can make the case for both. And you could even see it in spring training with the Potters at the catcher position because last Diaz was struggling there and they were really they were trying to figure out exactly what they were going to do. And they even kicked the tires I believe at some point in the spring or somewhere in there on that ballpark on Yasmina Groundal who actually was just released from the Red Sox. But I would not be surprised if Grundhal ended up retiring there. So if that is the case, heck of a career by Grundal. But catching that's always tricky, what like what exactly they can end up targeting, like who's to be available, Like Gary Sanchez could make sense if the if the Oriels end up moving on from him, So I could see that being a potential fit in there's history there as well. And then you could also look at left field and there's gonna be plenty of different options for them to consider. But the thing I would actually put ketcher ahead of that, just because I think ketcher's just you obviously know AJ like and also Cratzy there as well. You guys a team of Ketchers today. I didn't even think about that, but ketching is such like a is such an important position, so I would put that ahead of that for sure. I would think that's probably the top priority for them. But at the end of the day, I don't think they're gonna be spending too much money because they've had a pretty limited budget in years past, even so in the offseason and and getting Jackson Merrill's deal done was it was. There was a lot of pushing and shoving that had to go into there to make that happen. So I'm not gonna I'm not banking on a big aj Preller move. Although that being said, he's proven me wrong before with Luis Hariz and some of these other things. I'm not gonna doubt them, but I'm kind of skeptical of that right now.
Speaker 4: And catching moved at the trade deadline is rare, rare, rare, rare moves so it's barely But let's talk about a call up. A call up that happened in both of our old stomping grounds Jacob Mizerowski. Is this guy's ascension to the big leagues gonna be culminated in him being pulled out in the fifth inning? Or is this one hundred and three going to be something that we're going to see night or not night in and night out every five days and really solidify that second spot in the Brewers' rotation, especially with Savali going to the bullpen.
Speaker 1: I think he's going to make an immediate impact. And you might think I'm crazy for what I'm about to say, a cratsy, but I we've seen the Brewers. They've they've had Freight Prawlta, they've had Corbin Burns, they've had Brandon Woodruff. If everything goes right for Mizerowski, I could see him being better than all of those guys. He has all the tools in his body. He's typically averages about ninety seven to ninety eight, can top out at one oh three, got a really good slidder, really good curveball, and his big problem that he's had has been his control, and he's figured it out. It's been moving in a better direction for him. And if everything ends up working out, and I know that's easier said than done, but He's got all the tools in his body to be better and better than all of those guys. So if I'm the Brewers should I would be incredibly optimistic about what's to come for him. He's going to make an immediate impact there and both now and going forward, he's gonna, if my guess, he's going to be in the ace of that rotation, maybe as soon as next year if Freddie Peralta becomes a trade possibility for them in the offseason. So there's just a lot of optimism surrounding Miserowski. I'm surprised it took this long, but the fact that he's about to make his debut, I think everyone in baseball should be watching because he is easily one of the best pitching prospects to come up for the Brewers and just in general with although Bubba Chandler is he should be up now, but he's also a very good one as well.
Speaker 2: When do you think Bubba Chandler gets called up for the Pirates to give them something else to watch for fun since the team's not a contender again.
Speaker 1: I was open like a month ago. He's he's so good and if he ended up getting called up earlier, he was my pick to win nationally Rookie of the Year. He is an awesome, awesome, awesome player. And the Pirates, I mean, they played better since moving on from their manager there. And if if you call him up, you're gonna have Paul Skins, You're gonna have Bubba Chandler, you're gonna have Mitch Keller, You're gonna have a bunch of these other guys. I wish Jared Jones was healthy because having all those guys together would have been a really really, really cool thing and given fans a reason to come to the ballpark. And it's a shame to see that ballpark as empty as it is. But Chandler is he is the best pitching prospect in baseball, and it like the Pirate should have call him up, like even a month ago. They should call him up now. I don't know exactly what they're waiting for. If it's like a service time thing, I have no idea. But Pirates fans ever ever, have every reason to be optimistic about him because between him and Paul Skeins, you have maybe the most talented one two punch in baseball with those guys.
Speaker 4: And Harrington coming up too. But Ken Ken Bubba Chandler hit because that's the case, and the Pirates fans will really come out.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, if only he was shoe Otani. He can't play for his base. Yeah, that would be yeah, yeah, that would be fun. That'd be fun.
Speaker 3: Good, Hey, bring me in for a sec.
Speaker 2: So you remember you got to go way back twenty twenty four, the Pirates called up this big deal pitching prospect name Paul Skeens. They called him up on May eleventh, which is too late for them to get that extra draft pick that reward for calling someone up right, but not too late for that player to get a full year of service time if he finishes in first or second place for a now Rookie of the Year. So they got nothing out of a system that is essentially created for an organization like that. Yep, some smart people on the screen right now. Do we think that has anything to do with it?
Speaker 4: I'm I'm killing handling.
Speaker 3: I know you're handling. I'm going here, Robert, no offense, I have there's a special surprise coming.
Speaker 2: That's okay, Former Pirate aerocrats, do you think that has anything to do with it?
Speaker 4: Yes, fool me once. Whoops, we didn't think Schemes was going to pitch like he did, or they knew he was gonna pitch like we did. We didn't think he was going to win Rookie of the Year. Oh wait, we let him keep pitching then he won it. We're not going to make that mistake again with a guy who our great Robert Murray just said is one of the best pitching prospects in baseball. I saw him in spring training.
Speaker 3: I dude, can sling nast exactly.
Speaker 1: He's so good.
Speaker 3: Robert. We appreciate the time, thanks for stopping by.
Speaker 2: Obviously we'll talk again as your hot time of the year is coming up here with the trade deadline, I think about fifty days away, I think about six weeks.
Speaker 3: Good catching up, man
Speaker 1: No, I appreciate you guys, thanks for having me, have a good rest of your day, and as always, go birds.