Speaker 1: If you found out your best friend is about to get proposed to, what's the first thing you do?
Speaker 2: What do you do? I don't know which.
Speaker 3: Can you congratulate them.
Speaker 2: Before they get proposed? Yeah, that's a good that's a good rule.
Speaker 1: Just in jail, don't anything. But one of our listeners doesn't want to ruin the surprise. In fact, she wants to stop the proposal from happening altogether. Whoa And she has a pretty valid reason for it, but needs our help.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, don't worry. She's not in love with the guy too. It's not that.
Speaker 1: But it is a delicate situation. Can we assist without destroying their friendship in the process. We're going to try in obtextual healing. Next, Text you will heal, Then.
Speaker 2: Text you will know.
Speaker 1: A lot of the times on this show we try to help people improve their dating lives.
Speaker 2: I love that Well, today is.
Speaker 1: A little bit different. Brook's wishes have finally come true. We're actually going to try and block love today. That's what one of our listeners, Emily, wants us to do.
Speaker 2: I love love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why do you always say that about me?
Speaker 1: Well, you're always trying to stop people from going out. But Emily, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hi, Hi Emily.
Speaker 6: I think Brook, like all of us, tries to help, but we don't end up being very successful.
Speaker 2: Sometimes that's okay.
Speaker 4: Speak for yourself, Emily, what do you need?
Speaker 2: Doesn't that sound so sweet? And help for yourself? What do you need? Emily? Thank you for emailing this show.
Speaker 1: Tell us a little bit about your love situation and how we can help destroy it for you.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Well, I have a really close friend. Her name is Kaylee. I've known her for a long time. I love her like a sister.
Speaker 4: That's so great to have those type of friendships.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, sound like a yes?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: I love Kaylee. She's my best friend. And she's been in a relationship with a guy for almost two years now. She loves how it's going. I mean, she likes the guy. He's very handsome, he treats her right. The only thing is she's not in a place where she wants to settle down with him yet.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's fine. Why is that an issue?
Speaker 5: Well, it wouldn't be, but like the problem is I heard a rumor that her boyfriend was going to be proposing to her tonight.
Speaker 4: Oh wait tonight?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 2: The team.
Speaker 3: They haven't talked about that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, if you're dating for two years, you think it would have come up. Yeah, who'd you hear the rumor from.
Speaker 5: It's from a mutual friend. And it's just I'm in such an awkward situation right now because I've asked Haylee before, like I've said, you know, if Thomas proposed to you, what would you say? And she's not about it, she's not into that. She told me she's not ready.
Speaker 3: Just not yet like someday maybe, but just not right now.
Speaker 7: You're saying that my mom told my dad no, I think four times before she actually they actually agreed to get married.
Speaker 2: So what's the problem.
Speaker 5: You're worried that what she's gonna turn him down? Like he's going to make a fool of himself.
Speaker 3: No, wait, is there an event happening tonight? Like is it friends all getting together or something? Is that how you think it's going to go down?
Speaker 5: Well, I just know that they're going to go out on a date tonight, and I wanted to warn her boyfriend, just like without being very direct about the situation.
Speaker 4: Wait, you want to tell Wait, hold on, you want to tell him? Why wouldn't you want to tell her, give her a heads up.
Speaker 2: I want to ruin it.
Speaker 4: Wait, she doesn't want it.
Speaker 5: I know, my friend, Like, this is so much right now, I don't want to put this on her. I don't want to burden her with this, Like I want to get rid of the situation entirely.
Speaker 6: Well, like behind the scenes, you're doing work, so she has zero stress.
Speaker 3: That's a good friend.
Speaker 4: Move, get rid of the situation.
Speaker 1: So you want you want to text Kaylee's boyfriend and stop him from proposing without alerting him that you know that he's going to propose.
Speaker 2: Oh that's hard to do.
Speaker 5: That's why I turned to you guys, Like this is so tough to navigate, Like, I need your help and I've already started a text message with him.
Speaker 2: Oh you did good?
Speaker 3: Wait, not usual for us.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's good. What did you say?
Speaker 2: Well, it's good because we don't have to do as much work. What'd you say?
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm going to try to read this. So I sent him Thomas, how's it going? He goes, stop, M doing great? Thanks for asking? How about you put Oh you know, just trying to save Kaylee from a lifetime of misery.
Speaker 7: Wait, what whoa, She put ha ha, it's okay, like you coming out of random.
Speaker 5: This is why I needed your help because I thought it was funny to kind of do this. You know, it.
Speaker 7: Sounds like you're saying that being with him would be a lifetime misery.
Speaker 4: I mean, maybe he doesn't even know that. There's not enough like context there even.
Speaker 2: I mean, marriage is a lifetime of misery.
Speaker 4: What did he say?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, then I tried to play it off cool. I was like, but seriously, how's your day going?
Speaker 4: Oh man, that's a serious time.
Speaker 3: She knows that, you know.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: What did he say?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he goes, my day's going pretty well. Why do you ask? Yeah? I put oh, no reason. I was just wondering if you had any big plans.
Speaker 4: Ok, oh my god, you are.
Speaker 6: So we're kind of like doing more like restoration fixing right now?
Speaker 2: Okay? How did he respond?
Speaker 5: He goes, actually I do, but it's a big secret.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, shut your mouth, that's what he's telling me to do. Keep your mouth shut.
Speaker 1: Or maybe he's kind of a dummy and doesn't know that she's on to him yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. What have you written back to that? Did you say anything.
Speaker 5: No, I didn't because I'm really stuck and I don't know what to say. So I just need help at this point.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, to neutralize the situation, I think immediately for the third time, how is your day going.
Speaker 1: I think one common theme that we go to with these is using humor to try and get people to open up a little bit more, because even though our goal is a little bit serious trying to get him to stop proposing, we need to get him to lighten up a little bit in order to make it there. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean we didn't start well with that whole like saving her from a lifetime of misery things.
Speaker 1: So I mean he's already admitted, like there is something I've planned, but it's a big secret. What if we throw out some horribly wrong guesses to make him laugh?
Speaker 4: Oh, like like, oh.
Speaker 2: Let me guess. Is it a big casino heist tonight?
Speaker 4: Oh that's better.
Speaker 1: That's funny, photographing Spider Man around the city, like just obvious, wrong, that's good.
Speaker 4: I like casino heist.
Speaker 3: Go with that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you what do you think, Emily?
Speaker 5: I think that's good. Like I just want to like not come off to too crazy, like I'm crying into his life.
Speaker 4: But you know, yeah, I like casino heist.
Speaker 7: And then you followed up with because Kaylie's really not ready for that type of commitment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: And why why don't you start typing that out like Ooh, let me guess we're doing a casino heist tonight and with.
Speaker 4: The money bag emoji.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: Are you typing Emily?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, so I'm putting ooh, is it going to be a casino heist tonight? I guess don't get caught or something?
Speaker 4: No, am I close?
Speaker 1: Am I close question mark? We just want him to open up and start talking with us.
Speaker 4: And if you end it with a set, you have to end it with a question, so I'll never respond.
Speaker 5: To okay, am I close question mark?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: That's okay, I got it.
Speaker 7: And are you sure your your best friend isn't like telling you one thing about her commitment level and telling her friends something else.
Speaker 5: No, I swear to gone. She does not want to get married right now?
Speaker 2: That's great? Is that what you were doing with your husband, Brooke? You were telling everybody else like the loser?
Speaker 7: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: I was begging him to propose. What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Well, get on it.
Speaker 3: I remember that because every weekend you'd go away. We're like, this is the.
Speaker 4: Weekend and then fake dropped down on the knee and I'm like, so.
Speaker 2: Emily, you sent that right, Yeah?
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, we're we're running out of time for this first part. We're going to play a song, come back, and we'll see if Kaylee's boyfriend has responded, and then we'll try and stop him from proposing when we continue textual healing next. How do you stop a guy from proposing to your best friend?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Wow, it's usually the opposite.
Speaker 2: How do you get a.
Speaker 4: Guy to do it?
Speaker 1: I know there must be a Cosmo magazine article about this. You must have thrown that issue away. So we're kind of on our own here helping out one of our listeners, Emily, because she knows her friend is about to get proposed, to buy her boyfriend tonight.
Speaker 7: I mean, he a text, he said he had a huge surprise.
Speaker 1: The thing is, Emily's friend isn't ready to get married. Even told her if he proposes, I'd probably say no.
Speaker 2: Oh man.
Speaker 1: So to prevent all that drama, Emily wants to get ahead of it and tell the boyfriend please don't do it without letting him know that she knows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's tricky.
Speaker 1: There's been a whole conversation in the lead up, and our suggestion was let's throw out some wrong.
Speaker 4: Guesses and about what the secret is.
Speaker 1: But what the secret is and we guess big casino heist? Am I close? And has he responded to that?
Speaker 2: Emily?
Speaker 5: Yes, he has?
Speaker 2: Okay, what do he say?
Speaker 5: So he put OMG, no casino heights. Ah, what I've planned is kind of bigger than that. There will be cameras and maybe some roses.
Speaker 4: No, this guy is the worst at secrets ever. By the way, could you give a way more clues?
Speaker 7: I'm probably got a camera person though, honestly, Yeah, yeah, God.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, now he's really confirming that something romantic is about to go down.
Speaker 7: I think we need to like deterret right now. I don't think we need to do anymore back and forth, Like I don't know, like, is there any way like your friend Kaylee's like going through like other life changes and maybe we could be like, you know, Kaylee's going through so much, she just really needs a steady, non changing relationship it's.
Speaker 1: Not idea, like, is she going through like a changing careers. Did she get a new pet, like something really stressful?
Speaker 4: She got a hamster. She just really is space to propose.
Speaker 1: The hamster was pregnant and so now she's got twenty hamsters.
Speaker 3: Ever since she got buttons, it's been rough for her.
Speaker 2: Is anything going on like that?
Speaker 5: Well, her wax person quit pretty recently, and she's been looking for a new one, like.
Speaker 1: The person who doesn't Bikiti way, is that taking a big toll on her mentally exactly?
Speaker 5: He loved before. She'd been going for her for years and she just doesn't need more stress.
Speaker 4: Okay, she's really sad about wax lady.
Speaker 2: Well, let's go with that, I think.
Speaker 7: Are you just say I hope Kaylee's not involved in this surprise. She's not in the right head space since her wax woman left.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she really can't can't handle more stress on her plate.
Speaker 5: Okay, so Kaylee can't handle more stress on her plate.
Speaker 7: Just say I hope she's not involved in the surprise. That right, because Kayleie is not in the right head space.
Speaker 1: Because we're still trying to play dumb like we don't know the proposals about to happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, so I put I hope Kaylee is not involved in this. She doesn't need more stress. She's already stressed out about finding a new wax. Person.
Speaker 7: To fair, you want to get a wax before you're propose to, So it's stressful.
Speaker 3: You want to look your best.
Speaker 2: Come on and look.
Speaker 1: That's not stressful to us, but for her friend, clearly it's causing some mental anguish and that should be enough.
Speaker 7: And no wonder Kaylee's not ready for a proposal or an engagement if she's that fragile.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we've sent that text, right Emily, Okay, now he's.
Speaker 4: Do you think he's freaking out?
Speaker 2: Un waxed body, If you got that.
Speaker 7: Text saying the person you're about to propose to is like super freaked out, would you be like, oh my god, I should do it another night.
Speaker 6: As a guy, to be honest, I would be like, wax lady, that's nothing compared to what I'm about to. You know, well, I don't know if it's gonna stop's doing.
Speaker 4: A good thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe I'll get her mind.
Speaker 1: Off of it, but that makes it about you Tonight. The proposal is all about her.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: So you want her to.
Speaker 1: Be on the list the best headspace that she possibly can be to guarantee you yes.
Speaker 7: I well, especially because it sounds like they haven't even talked about it. If he's proposing tonight and Kaylee is so not on board the communication in this relationship, he's.
Speaker 1: Probably super nervous flying blind on this anything, Emily.
Speaker 5: Something just came in.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: It says, if you think I'm proposing tonight, that's one hundred percent not true.
Speaker 7: Oh right?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: What so he finally clicked in his head.
Speaker 2: I thought you confirmed with the rumor.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait, and what's all the roses and cameras about?
Speaker 3: There's more?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's sending something else. He's typing.
Speaker 2: Wait what is going?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? What if he's breaking up with her with a cameraman?
Speaker 1: Right, it would make a pretty devastating TikTok video that would go viral.
Speaker 4: He'll be a friend proposed instead of him proposing himself.
Speaker 5: Okay, I have another message. It says, wait, do you know already?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 7: I no?
Speaker 2: Wait is this good or bad?
Speaker 4: But I don't know proposing?
Speaker 2: So what is he what is going on?
Speaker 3: Do you know what you have to text about?
Speaker 1: Do I know what?
Speaker 2: Just maybe you fake like you do know?
Speaker 7: I totally know.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Times that works and then he'll ease up and go, oh you know fine, I'll spill the bean.
Speaker 4: No, say this, tell him I know something. Tell me what you know first? Okay, you first.
Speaker 1: Into a game, maybe it's like you play it kind of cool, Like, I mean, I have a pretty good idea of what's going on tonight.
Speaker 4: But he just said that he's not proposing. Do we have a good idea anymore?
Speaker 1: Well, Brook, we have no idea, but we're just trying to get him to tell us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know. It's like, let me know how I can help.
Speaker 4: Give me the details.
Speaker 2: That's a Jeff. What do you think, Emily?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I'm very confused right now. I'm just thinking just playing along kind of telling.
Speaker 2: Him text it there, let's send it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I am like dying.
Speaker 7: Wait, so does he mean that he's not Like was he being sarcastic when he was saying not proposing or was he being serious? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Now it's like what is he going to and what does he think?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 5: This is what I wrote? I put I do have a good idea happening. If there's any way that I can help, and that's great.
Speaker 4: Just give me the details.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, so I'm putting please give me the details and I put a heart emoji.
Speaker 3: And now you're being a supportive friend.
Speaker 4: But that's not what she wants to be.
Speaker 2: We got no time. We got to send this send okay, I sent it all right? Oh boy, Now I'm really curious.
Speaker 4: What do you think it is.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's going to give her like an extra kidney or something that would bomb them.
Speaker 7: I think that her biggest life issue right now is not having a proper waxer.
Speaker 4: So I don't know that kidney donation is on there.
Speaker 2: Kidney swap is pretty romantic, though a romantic wait wait wait what I just.
Speaker 5: Got her response? Yeah, okay, it says l O L you want to help with your own proposal?
Speaker 2: What no way?
Speaker 5: Because I don't think Shane would be cool with that. L O L just actur prized when he asked, Oh my god, posed to what no way?
Speaker 2: Wait about me? I thought you said that.
Speaker 1: I thought you said that your friend has plans tonight, not you.
Speaker 4: They probably don't throw off Oh my, are you so excited.
Speaker 7: I'm freaking Oh wait, hold on, are you are you like your friend?
Speaker 3: Are you ready for this?
Speaker 4: Do we need to text your boyfriend?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to know this.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: Snooped around and then we went back and she just kind of said it.
Speaker 3: She thought that she knew acted like when they shouldn't have.
Speaker 7: Whose idea was that, Well, at least you're gonna look great for the video because you know there's gonna be a photographer that get your nails done.
Speaker 1: Now, hopefully you got a good wax or too, I mean, quickly practice your shocked when he asks it.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, let's see that.
Speaker 2: A congratulations, get married. Let us know how it goes. Emily, good luck. That was a shocking addition to textual healing.
Speaker 1: If you'd like some help with your text conversations, d m us on our socials at Brook and Jeffrey, we can ruin your friends engagement and get you married instead.
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffery in the.
Speaker 4: Morning, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: You know, it feels good to be the radio station that tried to stop one marriage proposal and also ruined the surprise of another one. That's what we bring to the entertainment industry. We are the worst thing to happen to marriage since ninety day fiance, and I am proud of that.
Speaker 4: If it makes you feel better, If it makes you feel better.
Speaker 7: On our YouTube page African Jeffrey, it looks like Calvin stu One is actually blaming the guy.
Speaker 5: Not us.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: He says he sucks with secrets, especially at the end.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, I mean we didn't know that that was gonna unfold like that.
Speaker 1: No, but we were willing to try to stop a marriage.
Speaker 2: Proposal, Okay, and I love that about us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so whatever, we're encouraging one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have no morals.
Speaker 1: So if you ever have issues with your personal life, if you want us to intervene, let us make it messy for you.
Speaker 2: Yes, we'll get in there at it email the show.
Speaker 1: We can help you out and for more cringe content, don't forget to follow our socials if you haven't already. Find us at Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.