Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys headquarters at the Star and Frasco and now your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: Today is April fifteenth, twenty twenty five, and we are nine days away from the NFL Draft in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Welcome into the Draft Show, presented by Miller Light, the only beer of the Cowboys. It is Miller Time. We are officially underneath the single digit mark. Glad you're with us with Zach Walchuk, Brian brought us, Tommy Yarish, Nick Harris with Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 3: I'm Kyle Yeomans. Nine days away, gentlemen.
Speaker 2: It can't come fast enough, and it also can't hold off fast enough. At the same time, we're ready to get to our draft coverage with one oh five three the Fan on Thursday, continue through every single one of the two hundred and fifty seven picks throughout the week, and then get into what is happening with this team and every other team in the NFL after that. So it's getting down to crunch time, which also means it's the last few opportunities that we might have Nick Harris to look at certain players, including one that we've been waiting on for a little bit. Will Johnson working out from Michigan, the cornerback working out. Was it today or yesterday?
Speaker 4: It was on Monday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Monday? Yeah, so yesterday working out anymore?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Me neither working out and getting to see what exactly he's bringing to the table.
Speaker 3: Do you have an update?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So he did work out yesterday for scouts and attendance. He did not run his forty, which that was the big thing we were all asking going into going into the draft process.
Speaker 4: A general is are we going to see Will Johnson run?
Speaker 6: He has all these lower body injuries that he's battled throughout his career. You know, you don't really know what that verified athleticism looks like, but we got some of those other points of athleticism. You can look at vertical jump thirty seven inches that he jumped yesterday a four to three ree short shuttle, which whenever you're comparing it to other corners in the class, it's kind of average, and according to Dane Brugler of The Athletic above or average jeering positional drill drills. One scout told him he Will Johnson looked very smooth, and that's you know, that's that's what jumps off off tape, right, is that Will Johnson is this smooth, transitional corner that can move his hips really well.
Speaker 4: At times and and.
Speaker 6: Cover some of the best players in the Big Ten and some of the top competition that Michigan has faced over the last couple of years. I think back to that National Championship perform and said he had a couple of years ago against Washington, came out in the second half with an interception to open against Michael Pennis and played really well in that game. It was a force in that game, but obviously had a lot of help around it. Now this past year battled injury, and so it's it's a tough eval don't don't get me wrong. And I think you know, guys that have a positive view on Will Johnson and guys that have a negative view on Will Johnson.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's a right or wrong here.
Speaker 6: I think this is going to be something that unfortunately we're just not gonna have a lot of data on, and it's gonna have to be something that you go with on a you know, a really good evl I.
Speaker 4: And this is where you know.
Speaker 6: Having season scouts, having seasoned evaluators really come into play because when you can look at a guy like Will Johnson, what can you factor in? What can you factor out? And how can you make that part of the evaluation process. This is gonna be one of the more difficult ones. I even know we have different opinions on this table about Will Johnson, but he's gonna be a guy we talked about on Night one. Regardless, he's gonna be a guy that does get drafted in the first round. There's just a matter of, you know, where does he get fit, and how does he end up playing early on in his career and can he stay away from injury.
Speaker 2: We're a couple of weeks into the baseball season two, right, There's a saying, whenever you have a pitcher leave the game, you close the book on X pitcher. Right now that you've seen his pro day, you can close the scouting notebook on Will Johnson.
Speaker 3: Right, you can close the most of the book. You've got it all.
Speaker 2: You've got the tape, you've got the numbers, you've got the vertical, you've got the Shuttle and the lack of a forty. So now the book is closed on Will Johnson. Does your opinion changed now that it's closed? No, I mean my opinions pretty much stay the same on him. I'm nervous about the lower extremity injuries that seems to be a constant with him over the last two years. Yeah, is that something that's going to linger into his pro career? Honestly, that's a topic of conversation with a lot of these corners. Benjamin Morrison's a guy that I love the tape. You could argue maybe has some of the best tape of any corner in the entire draft. But the hips Can I trust a guy that's got bum hibs translating the league?
Speaker 7: Is that going to be a problem for years to come? Revel when it comes to the ACL Now, that's one we've seen corners come back from. But how long is it going to take to him to get back to the form he was at East Carolina? But when it comes to Will Johnson, he is at his best in my opinion, playing off coverage where he can read key into the quarterback break on the football. I don't love him necessarily all the time. And run support, and anytime he's got to turn his back to the quarterback, I am now terrified the double moves he can be susceptible to. I just personally have some other corners that I like a little bit more than Will Johnson. But I've had conversations with people that would disagree and say Revel's a little more stiff than Will Johnson.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 7: I think Revel's better than Johnson when it comes to moving down the field. I think the recovery speed, the long speed. Those are questions with Will Johnson, and we didn't get that necessarily answered when it came to the forty times.
Speaker 3: So good player.
Speaker 7: I just personally like some other corners more in this draft class, and he scares me a little bit, especially if we had that conversation at twelve.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 8: To me, this is where you know, and the side that we're on now, the media side of things here that now I think that we have to be less critical of these teams, draft and players, because to me, this is like saying I'm going to give you a thousand dollars for the stock the stock market, and I'm going to ask you to make pick me a stock that you know nothing about the company. You know some things about the company, but you don't know everything about the company here. This is what we're getting into right now is an era where these players. I was just going through Dame Brugler's Beast and just look at it numbers, just seeing you know, where numbers were. I've never seen a Beast that had fewer workouts completed when it came to combine works and pro day workouts. You're asking these scouts now, and I you know, we could all be super critical about these scouts and how they draft and all that, and Nick said it the best You're going to have to have the ability to evaluate just really the tape and hope you get the medical right and hope you get the player right because they're not giving you the whole picture. They're asking you to pick a stock here, but you don't know the company completely and could it could be millions of dollars, it could be it could be lost games. You know, they're now asking you to do things as a scout that's really kind of for years has been a staple of what scouting is. You go to get the numbers. You go to ann Arbor, Michigan with the anticipation of completing the picture for this guy so you can make the best evaluation of him and pick him where he needs to be selected. Me personally, I haven't moved him. I have not moved him on and I've always had him as the second round guy. I think he's the second round guy if you stack him right now on my board, he's the twenty fifth best player on my board. But I bet if there was a time where there was talk that he was the third or fourth or fifth best player on boards, you know, I don't think we could say that anymore about this player. This now has become an error where it's become tougher on scouts to make good selections because of lack of information that they don't get.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you guys hit the nail on the head. Really, I've got him as a second round player too.
Speaker 3: I never moved him.
Speaker 9: I think that long speed, even before the pro day was really kind of the concern with Will Johnson and okay, can he match up against guys who are or are just straight go runners?
Speaker 3: Can he match up against guys who hit the.
Speaker 9: Double move really well? At the professional level. Those are going to be worries that you've got to live with. So that brings into I think the element of, Okay, what scheme does he fit in best? Right, we think about what Matt Aberfluss does. It's pretty zone heavy. I think that's a solid fit for Will Johnson and what he'll be able to do. They ran a lot of it at Michigan. It's an NFL style defense that they ran at Michigan. So you know, in a scheme like that, I could see Will Johnson having success.
Speaker 3: But then you think about, like you.
Speaker 9: Mentioned Walchuk, the lower body extremities, Brian hit the nail and head from a scouting perspective, so all things that you've got to consider. But I haven't moved him. I think he's a really good player. If we're talking tape alone. I mean, you look back even at the freshman tape from twenty twenty two. Obviously he's very fresh back then, but he's one of the best corners in the country, and I don't think he fell off too much in terms of being one of the best in college football from there on out. I think it was just the injuries that kind of lingered on him. You think about the Washington receiver corps that they played at the National Championship Game that you talked about three NFL draft picks and you know, a first round quarterback. He was able to shut it down with that great Michigan defense. They had a great secondary. Two guys like Mikey sand are still out there, but he's a good player. It's just going to be one of those things where, like like Brian said, you got a lot of questions and somebody's gonna have to take a chance and it's going to be one of those that could make or break you.
Speaker 4: How many corners do you guys have above Johnson?
Speaker 3: I think four four. I've got Hunter, Baron and Morrison in front. Yeah, I've got Hunter, Baron, Revel and Morrison.
Speaker 8: Gotcha, I've got actually I take the back. I got three because I have Hunters of wide receiver. Yeah, I got three. I've got two, gotcha?
Speaker 3: I had yeah a little high.
Speaker 6: I think it's just going to be a fascinating situation on draft Day. You're gonna see a team fall in love with Will Johnson and take him high. I mean, you look at a team like Miami, right they just put Jalen Ramsey on the trade market. They could be potentially looking for a corner in that first round. You look at the Raiders, maybe they're looking for a trade back opportunity so that they can draft draft a corner in the first round. Their cornerback room looks awful, and so you know, is it gonna be Barren, Is it gonna be Johnson? Will Harriston sneak up in there, Will Trey Ono sneak up in there? Revel is someone going to swing on him in the first round. I think there's a if you're a zone defense and play majority zone, you're a top five in the league as far as zone usage, then yeah, I think it's I think it's worth taking the shot on Will Johnson, But I'm not getting there personally until I'm at pick twenty twenty five, right around where Brian has him on his board.
Speaker 4: I feel the same way, yeah, and feel much.
Speaker 3: Better trade back. He is an outstanding player and there's no question.
Speaker 8: I mean, and I'm not I could say the arguments that I have for him being taken at twelve is I just have better players in my mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's my evaluation.
Speaker 8: And these gentlemen around the table have done their evaluations as well. You know, they they maybe they have guys above him. Everybody's board is a little bit different when it comes to this stuff, you know, and yeah, there's going to be the ultimately what matters that what's done across the hall. If you're a Dallas Cowboys fan, you know what these guys see in the player. Are they comfortable go ahead and not having to forty? Are they are they comfortable not having the complete picture with some of the other corners that they have where they do have. Okay, you're just asking for okay, confirm for me whether your speed is good enough or not. You know, That's that's all I'm asking. And you know, there's there's there's guys, and.
Speaker 3: We're going to see it now more and more.
Speaker 8: And an old guy like me who's been in the scouting world for a long time, this is troubling. It's harder. It's about time for me to go to the lake House and not worry about this anymore. Because I lived in an era where numbers were important to me. It was before metrics and before you know, all these things that people do. The numbers from the combine, the numbers of the pro days. Never have I seen guys say, hey, I'm not going to work out it in any fine, I'll catch you in ann Arbor, Michigan for a workout and then you do two things and drills. I just wasted my time going in ann Arbor, Michigan. But I did figure out those Your short shuttle times not very good, you know, and you're a tall guy.
Speaker 3: There might be some questions.
Speaker 8: You're like in the thirteen percentile when it comes to corners with that shuttle time. Yeh, do you not have quickness?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 8: Is this something? Did I see this on tape? So I think there's some teams. To me, Nick's right, there are going to be some teams that go ahead and just roll the dice and say, you know what, we feel good enough about the player and going forward here. You know, I'm not going to ding him for not running because, like I said, I'm keeping him in the in the exact same spot.
Speaker 3: I just would have liked a more complete picture.
Speaker 7: I'm with you, though, Tommy, I do think he's more scheme specific. We saw Joey Porter Junior, who I think we were all looking a couple of years ago, like why in the world is this guy falling? I had him as the best corner for me. He ends up going in the second round. We find out afterwards teams thought he was scheme specific, so the Steelers end up getting an absolute steal. I think, now you've got to look at the new defense here, and you're right, like maybe Flus looks at him and says, hey, that's more of a fit for what I want to do, Whereas I do think previously, if Al Harris was still in the building, I look at Revel from East Carolina and think that's a corner that I think Al.
Speaker 3: Harris would have absolutely loved. Sure with the.
Speaker 7: Size, the physicality that he would play with, but off coverage more of his own long limbed guy and Will Johnson maybe he fits the profile of what the Cowboys would like to do a little bit more. And they do an excellent job with their scouting department talking with the coaching staff figuring out, Okay, what do you want? What can I get for you to be able to succeed? So maybe there is a marriage there that they like more than we do.
Speaker 2: And it goes back to what Brian has talked about on the show a couple episodes back, is how succinct is that at the moment because it's a new coaching staff, it's a new group, and you're trying to mesh that all together over the co of a couple of months to try and figure it out and try and get to that point. I don't know if it's a perfect marriage right off the top, but everybody's board as different as we're talking about. Yeah, and I think you're gonna have to try and find some level of consistency on a guy like Johnson, and it's tougher to do that without the numbers.
Speaker 3: And that's what we're kind of elluding.
Speaker 8: Well, there's guys in this draft that have not run. I mean, there's so many of them, and you know, and and so you know, we're just we're focusing on Johnson right now because if you're a Cowboy fan, you.
Speaker 3: Your corner is one of your needs.
Speaker 8: You're you're looking at your you're looking at your depth chart and and if you watch our shows on this on this platform, we talk about the different positions and stuff in corners, definitely.
Speaker 3: One of them.
Speaker 8: You know, you could see potentially a corner going at forty four here. You know there there are there are opportunities for the corner to be to be selected here, like I say this, this guy is a very, very good football player. I just wish we would have had the complete package on him to know exactly as comparing him to maybe some guys that we've talked about have played before that have had some success or failed in the process.
Speaker 2: Now, kind of keeping to the same topic of conversation, but switching positions when you mentioned everybody's board is different, Bobby Belt, let us know in our group message that Milroe Jaln Milroe, quarterback from Alabama and Jackson Dart quarterback from Ole Miss will both be attending the draft. We kind of talked about that a little bit last week, but with both of those in attendance, and I guess now the rumor is starting to get out there too that hey, be careful. Who was it that had that quote be careful when it comes to sand This is not a good quarters.
Speaker 3: So it was Snyder.
Speaker 2: John Snyder comes out and says, be careful when you're talking about these quarterbacks and it's not a good draft for quarterbacks. Is this something we need to keep in mind whenever we get to the top of the NFL Draft on Thursday and get to the point where, hey, we've thought Milroe and Dark may be slipping and they may not be there for the second third round, or is this something that they may slip into that first round and QUARTERB still going to be viewed very highly.
Speaker 9: I know that you know that draft invite doesn't always necessarily mean that they're going to be a first round pick, But Jalen Milroe, Man, I've got him as.
Speaker 3: QB four for me.
Speaker 9: Wow, I think this is an incredibly high upside player. I know everybody is very much across the board on him. I think this is a guy who is what a lot of people thought Anthony Richardson was coming out of college in terms of what he could do with his legs. But Milroe is just completely different and he's a game changer in what he can do with a rushing ability. You're not going to see a guy six twenty pounds that's going to be able to move like he does, and that's going to change an offense, especially in a modern day NFL, where you need to have a quarterback that can do both for the most part to be able to, you know, lead an offense down the field. You don't necessarily need a guy who runs as well as he does. But you need mobility, and Milroe gives you that. He's got a heck of an arm. His deep ball is his best attribute. Really, the part that he needs to polish up is the shorts intermediate game. How often do we say that about quarterbacks coming into the draft. So you know, you look at him and it's all things that you can fix with Jaylen Milroe, it's all things where if he gets into the right system and he develops well, like a Pittsburgh for example, you look at them at twenty one. Is that a team that Mike Tomlin could say, Okay, this is a guy that we want to build on and trust to bring our offense forward. I think Milroe would be a great fit in a place like that. I really like his game a lot.
Speaker 6: And Tomlin had dinner with Milroe in Tuscaloosa straight before their pro day. The GM was there as well. Steelers have done a lot of homework on.
Speaker 3: Will Howard, another guy that they met with.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they've they've done homework on these quarterbacks. They're in a situation where they're probably going to take a quarterback and a running back early in this draft. They're probably looking at rehauling their backfield, but Yeah, talking about Milroe, you talk about the upside for sure. I mean his athleticism. It's like Debo can sling the pill a little bit, like.
Speaker 3: That's kind of what he's built.
Speaker 6: Like, Yeah, it's a fascinating ev ow. I do wonder if someone's going to take a swing on him in the first round. I will say him getting the green room invite doesn't necessarily mean that that's going to happen, correct, But it is fascinating that he did get the green room invite. I think that probably tells us he's going to go early, second at the latest now, just because of you know, certain teams valuing this guy a little bit more than others. But it wouldn't surprise me if someone swung on this guy before a Jackson Dart or some somebody in this.
Speaker 7: Draft, because at the worst case, he's an offensive package type of weapon that you just want to be able to get on the football field and allow him to use his athleticism. He's just so frustrating, for lack of a better word, to watch because there's moments where I've totally written him off as a passer and then he makes a throw that I'm like, oh my gosh, like the half that he had against Georgia.
Speaker 3: The Georgia Georgia. Yeah, you can watch me, oh my gosh.
Speaker 8: And then you can watch him against Michigan against Wink Martindale, and Wink Martindale went after.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very confused.
Speaker 8: So it's a very very confusing evaluation there. But you know, go ahead and finish. I'm sorry, but you no.
Speaker 7: Well, I wanted to ask about the fifth year option when it comes to quarterbacks. I wonder how much teams value that when it comes to hey, do I trade back into the first round? Maybe a team like Cleveland, the Giants, the Saints, even they don't take a quarterback in the top ten, and then they're looking at the back half. Or we're picking up the phone and saying we want to move up to go get a dart. We want to move up to go get mill Row. Maybe you see a Shador. Sanders start to slide because this thing could either go on a run that could benefit the Cowboys, where maybe Tennessee takes cam Ward one. Maybe the Giants who are having a private workout with Shador, do they end up shocking us all and taking him at three? Or do the Jets end up saying we do actually fell in love with Jackson Dart. He ends up being a surprise pick like Michael Pennix Junior was a year ago. We weren't necessarily projecting him to go in the top ten. New Orleans is hunting quarterbacks. Diyan Orsini had a scoop today talking about that. But do they end up waiting? If they wait, these quarterbacks could end up falling. It could be a Will Levis like situation where they end up going the top of the second round, or maybe you do have teams wanting to secure that fifth year option they try and trade back up into the back end of the first round.
Speaker 8: I think a team that you have to kind of keep an eye on the end this draft would be the would be the Los Angeles Rams at twenty six. You've been in on and I'm a Dart I think I think that if Jackson I think if Jackson darts there for the for the Rams at twenty six, I think that's going to be their selection there. So, yeah, these quarterbacks can go, you know, anywhere. With you mentioned New Orleans the situation there, it doesn't but Pittsburgh, the Rams, I you know, I was on the podcast today with the Giants dot Com, and they kind of seem they were asking me a ton of questions about Hunter, you know, and they're asking me a ton of questions about Carter, you know, not so.
Speaker 3: Much about what the quarterbacks were.
Speaker 8: So, you know, it kind of got that vibe that maybe they they think that they're going to take either Hunter or Carter at three and then kind of worry about the quarterback at the top of the second round. Is you know how how that I think that might play out for them.
Speaker 2: And it's interesting too, because you're talking about the Steelers who are in the mid twenties, You've got the or the early twenties, you got the Rams that are in the mid twenties. If you're talking about trade partners too, right, that might be a little far for Dallas to pop back and to keep going backwards. But if they're trying to come up and get a quarterback and they're trying to maybe leap over each other in order to do so, that's where you can maybe find a dance partner. And there's the premium, the premium pick that you would need to get the right compensation. Because we've talked about the possibility of not getting the right compensation. It all depends on how these guys view quarterbacks, and how these teams look at quarterbacks and how they see how these prospects could possibly fit with their franchise.
Speaker 3: How far.
Speaker 8: If you're in the back of the draft, you think you have to go And I'm not saying I don't think you have to go to twelve. I mean I think you have to get ahead of the Colts. Sure, So to me, then the first team I would call would be Miami. That's the team that I would call. I'd call Chris Greer. You know, you know Dallas thirteen. Yeah, you know they're right behind Dallas there. So I just make sure that I get ahead of if I could get ahead of Indy in case, if you get good intelligence that tells you that Indy is going to take a quarterback here, you know, And really, let's be honest, Chris Ballard is fighting for his job up there. He might not have another opportunity to draft again. This might be his last one. He's got to go get players that can help him win. Can he develop a quarterback. He's tried to draft a quarterback before and it hasn't worked there, So you know they might be in a situation right now where he needs playmakers there to try and win football games, not developing quarterbacks. Maybe try and develop the one he's got. But I would I would say that you know, you're pretty sure that Dallas is not going to take one, Yeah, but if you can, you know, can you get Miami convinced? And see, this is where you have a deal where you say, who's going to offer me the better deal to move up with Dallas at twelve? Or would Miami at thirteen offer me the better deal and then you just take one or the other, whichever one you have to pay the least amount to go up and get.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they could look at Cincinnati at seventeen with Seattle basically saying, hey, maybe we do kind of like some of the quarterbacks in this draft classes John Snyder throw us a curve ball. Pittsburgh obviously at twenty one. Is Sean Payton willing to wheel and deal a little bit at twenty there with Denver and then you mentioned the Chargers or excuse me, the Rams. That is a name, and I love Jackson Dart. Like if you were to go to Sean McVay and the Rams, that would be a perfect fit. You city here behind Matthew Stafford and then he's probably ready to take the keys for the car there.
Speaker 3: That'd be a lot of fun.
Speaker 7: So those were just kind of be some landing spots I try and jump d maybe of those teams if I wanted to move up and go secure that quarterback.
Speaker 2: Always the biggest wild card is the quarterback position in the NFL Draft. It's the hardest one to scout and it's one of the toughest ones to get right at the same time. All Right, when we come back here on the Draft show, got some twitter on the twenty What is one realistic player that if you could guarantee in any round?
Speaker 3: Who would it be?
Speaker 2: That's one of the questions. We're going to talk about it right after this with more talking Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 3: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 10: Overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge.
Speaker 3: Smoothie King has.
Speaker 10: The fuel to help you go all out, build muscle, and boost your recovery. With forty five grams of protein, zero grams of Adage sugar and Delicious customizable ingredients, and the Glad Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie.
Speaker 11: Yeah all right. Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw a hell Mary.
Speaker 3: Go where I went.
Speaker 11: Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys. Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure.
Speaker 1: At Laser Care I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients see.
Speaker 11: Check them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you.
Speaker 3: Hood Hoo.
Speaker 12: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And they snapped the threshout.
Speaker 4: Who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 3: He escapes left.
Speaker 4: He'll pull a pr stout.
Speaker 3: Just like football.
Speaker 12: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 13: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 12: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 12: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 14: Cowboys Fans. When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Dallascowboys dot com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: The first ever Lone Star Smoke Out is coming to Arlington. Watchheadliners John Party, Cody Jinks, Midland and more at this three day outdoor country music festival, Plus enjoy barbecue for some of the best pitmasters in the country. Get your tickets today at sea Geek dot com, the official ticket getting partner of AT and T Stadium. Welcome back into the Draft show. Not talking Cowboys. I apologize. We're getting ready for this year's draft with a free event called Draft one oh one with our friends over at one oh five to three the fan talking some cowboys and Cowboys Draft on Thursday. This upcoming Thursday, April seventeenth, seven o'clock in the Fans Showroom. That's forty one thirty one North Central Expressway in Dallas. Free dinner from Waterburger. They're taking care of it, taking care of the Waterburger all the way across the board, giveaways including a sign Dak Prescott Jersey.
Speaker 3: No sign up, just come on out. Love to meet and greet and talk with everybody there. Can't wait.
Speaker 8: I think Ceedee Lamb has a signed helmet involved too.
Speaker 3: Oh baby wow. So there you go and go. I think the Waterburgers were showing up for Yeah, even if you hate the draft, come get some free food. Autis and I are going to throw back some Patti Molts. Yeah, there you go. Hey, yeah, bull Ad Voch handle things. Yeah yeah, thanks, Fox appreciate it. Yeah the man.
Speaker 2: I think we should all get a Ceedee Lamb signed helmet out of this.
Speaker 3: I think that'd be awesome, it'd be fun. Yeah, all right, it's time for some Twitter on the Twitter boy game or midseason for him baby.
Speaker 2: All right, Brady L on Twitter wants to know if you could guarantee one realistic player in any round that would end up a cowboy?
Speaker 3: Who would it be?
Speaker 2: Who would be that one player that you would love to have? Could be any round, could be first round, second round, third.
Speaker 4: Round that I would love to have her that I think is most realistic.
Speaker 2: No, that you would love to have if you could guarantee it, stamp it. Ok he's a cowboy?
Speaker 3: Who is it? It would be your opinion, not really, It's just got to be within reason.
Speaker 2: You can't say Travis Hunter to the Cowboys because I don't know if that's to totally Travis Hunner to.
Speaker 3: The County Okay.
Speaker 7: I think Ashton genty Boise stating that he's pretty good run the card in.
Speaker 6: I think a fun one would be considering positional value and getting this you need this position in this draft, I said, getting this position in the third round I think could work out for you. Base Shell Tutton out of Virginia Tech. I think that would just be a fun one that I think could work on multiple different levels. You know, your first and second round you can go at receiver, slash corner. If maybe you want to go edge in those first two rounds, that's there as well, but you don't have to address the running back position until that seventy six spot. I think Tutten is a guy that would be there at seventy six. He's got the home run speed. We've talked about him on the show five nine to two oh nine. He's got the home run speed, and he's a physical runner that initiates contact, broken tackles all over the place, one of the best in the class when it comes to yards after contact. I think it would be an incredible pairing with Javonte Williams. And if you want to find a game where Tutton is playing at his best, go watch the Boston College tape from last year and he can get it done out of the backfield a little bit too. But I think this would be your early down guy that can, you know, create those home run plays that you haven't had since Tony Pollard before his leg injury.
Speaker 4: It would be a fun one in my eyes.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna go with a different running back earlier in a round two I'm gonna go Travon Henderson from Ohio State. This is a guy you can play on all three downs. He has the home run speed and that's everything that you're looking for in a running back when you look at the complete package, Henderson gives you everything. He can catch out of the backfield. He's an excellent locker room presence. That's something that scouts and NFL folks have been super high on with him.
Speaker 3: And then his speed is a game changer.
Speaker 9: Every year at Ohio State that he was healthy, he was extremely productive thousand yard rushing season, even though he was splitting carries with Quinn Shawn Judkins this year. Two at just an excellent all round player who you can still mix in Javonte Williams and Miles Sanders to take some weight off of his back. But you just look at what he's able to do for you on first, second, and third down. This is a guy that you can lean on. It's a guy that can fit anywhere in this offense and he can do it all for you in the running game and out of the backfield as well. I love Trayvon Henderson. I think people in the NFL are trying to like him.
Speaker 3: Too.
Speaker 9: Don't be surprised if he goes either late in the first round or early in the second.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't be surprised we get three first round running backs if him and Hampton snuck into the back end of the first round. There, I guess al Rock with a defensive lineman, and I've talked about him before on the show, but I'll go Alfred Collins out of Texas, and I got into a battle with vouch here on him, but I love him and you might have to take him at forty four. I don't know if he's gonna make it to seventy six, but I think he fits exactly what they need in terms of being a big, wide bodied run defender. But I think he's slippery as a pass rusher. I don't think he's getting enough credit for what he can do being able to push the pocket, get up field, he understands leverage, He's strong and disruptive.
Speaker 3: To push the pocket. He works the stunts well.
Speaker 7: I love him, and I think just one year starter at Texas because he had to play behind an absolute stud Muffin Into and Andre Sweat the year before, who's been pretty good at Tennessee and then of course Byron Murphy who ended up being a first round pick going to the Seattle Seahawks. But I like Alfred Collins and I think his best football is ahead of him. He's a player at the Cowboys obviously have met with I know there seems to be interest there, So a realistic option that I would also love would be Alfred Collins out of Texas.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm kind of caught between two guys, but I'll go with the one that I've loved really all along, Noel Williams from California, the corner there at six foot one ninety nine. I was thinking about the with Carson Swimming or two from U. C.
Speaker 5: L A.
Speaker 8: But I'm gonna I'm gonna go for the probably the bigger need right now. I think linebacker still is in need, don't get me wrong, but I'm gonna go with Noel Williams. Like I said, I just love the way this this kid competes. He can jam you. He does a really good job of staying connected. He's he's got physicality, He's not afraid of mixing it up, he doesn't shy away from contact. I think you need an edge of physicality for this for this position, and and he does a great job when the ball is in the air, it's his. He puts himself in position to make plays. This guy's a bully, uh, you know, with the way that he goes about his his his game. He plays down hill, there's a burst to him. He's got deep speed to carry routes as you can see here from the clips he's and he returns punts.
Speaker 3: As you see.
Speaker 8: And he's just got that ability when you when you play him, like when he goes on to the field, he does everything in his power to try and win every single snap. I think he will be a guy that might be available for you there in the third round. I think maybe some other teams are looking at him. Maybe he will go a little bit higher than that. But man, he is a tremendous player and he fits a really a need here for this organization.
Speaker 7: If you had to go, no Williams or Parish from k State, I think and I love Parish as the nickel player.
Speaker 8: I'm taking this kid right here. I think that I think I could do. I think I could do.
Speaker 3: A lot more with him.
Speaker 8: I know, I know the nickel stuff is important, but if if I had this kid on the outside, I think I could play I think I could play our guy inside that Bland. Yeah, so I would kind of that's my that would be my plan. But Parish is a heck of a player, don't get me wrong about that either.
Speaker 6: Yeah, former receiver in high school and he uses those ball skills. Yes, and the secondary had seven interceptions last year. Also, he's an aux Star native.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he is to be a homecoming for him for training game some ways.
Speaker 2: Familiarity with him playing on those fields when he grew playing out at the river.
Speaker 4: Ridge Sports Complex, dodging the Gophers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all the time. He does a load of deron Bland to his game. He does Williams.
Speaker 2: And when you look at the first two rounds of cornerbacks, I think there are options there. If you don't come out of the first two rounds with a corner and he's sitting there at seventy six, I think that would be an awesome option.
Speaker 7: There's several corners I think in round three that I'm pretty excited about. Riley from Louisville would be an interesting one that discussed as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the name that I had was a corner in the second was Maxwell Harriston from Kentucky. If he ends up following the forty four Knicks trying to give him away in the first round.
Speaker 3: He's a tremendous athlete. He might end a great player.
Speaker 2: Great player, you're talking about a guy who has Deron Bland tendencies. He had five interceptions, which five interceptions which led the sec. Three of those were returned for touchdowns, So he's got the same kind of I think he's your Jordan Lewis replacement with the Doron Bland interception in ball hawking mentality, had success playing both man and zone coverage, fluid movement. He was great at the Senior Bowl. Knows for the football. You can tell he watches a ton of film. He's got a good knowledge for the game. A little bit light in some places. Not a sure tackler at times. I thought that was where he probably lacked the most. But his production stood out and the way that he kind of led that Kentucky defense was impressive, and I think he would be an incredible pick for the Cowboys if he fell to forty four. Here's one of the touchdowns that he ended up returning that was pretty pitch and catch at that point, but I think he's your Jordan Lewis replacement with Deron Bland upside too, which would be really fun overall.
Speaker 6: And I think he's a guy you could trust on the outside until Trevon Diggs.
Speaker 7: He's got good size, his ability to track the ball is pretty rare.
Speaker 2: And versatility too, which you can kind of bank on one way or the other. All right, Tyler wants to know would you rather in your first three round picks? Would you rather draft one All Pro caliber player and two role slash backup players in your first three selections? So one All Pro two role players or would you rather gain three solid starters for the foreseeable future?
Speaker 4: Three solid stars?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: This team, there's no doubt what positions the All Pro player? I mean he doesn't specify, but just let's play.
Speaker 4: Let's go corner?
Speaker 7: Sure, yep for that, No, not so not compared to what about Okay, what about wide receiver?
Speaker 8: Do you feel like do you feel like that you could beat Philadelphia with three solid starters?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think that's going to help you out a lot.
Speaker 4: Again, depends on where the positions are.
Speaker 8: That's why I asked, Yeah, what if the All pros and wide receiver. That's what I'm saying, if you get a guy to All Pro wide receivers because the strength of the Philadelphia Eagles, in my opinion, is the secondary for this. It is with the way that they got you know, with Mitchell. Yeah, and they and they got rid of the one guy that's really They've got rid of a couple of guys, you know, Gardner Johnson. They you know, they got rid of a couple of problems. They're gonna probably get better there.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 8: I was just wondering, like I say, I I think anytime you have an All Pro player that you know, somebody that could tilt the field in your direction. The three solid starters, three solid starters, to me, is is like some of the guys that you've had here, like Chauncey Golston.
Speaker 3: It's three solid starters, isn't it.
Speaker 7: M I mean, he didn't he didn't really start for it until this year, and it was injury related.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I call solid.
Speaker 7: I think it'd be like Anthony Hitchins would get you a solid star.
Speaker 8: Give me, give me, give me a three, give me give me a give me a starter, then that a capable starter or whatever.
Speaker 4: You're solid starter, looking like a Jake Ferguson type.
Speaker 3: That's a solid solid starter.
Speaker 4: Okay, Uh, Cooper bbe solid starter?
Speaker 3: Well, now come on, he's got all Pro potential.
Speaker 4: Uh that's but that's kind of the.
Speaker 2: Even Ferguson made a Pro Bowl in twenty three, so that's I mean, that's even going high end of a solid starter. If you could get three Jake Ferguson's like Jordan Lewis solid starter.
Speaker 8: Or get a I just don't know. I just don't know if you could beat teams. I don't think you could beat the Eagles and the Detroit Lions, you know, some of these teams with just solid starters.
Speaker 7: I just don't think, Well, you've got the two all Pro corners and has that worked well?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: They've barely been healthy now.
Speaker 3: And I just think this team needs just how they build.
Speaker 7: I think I just need the starters to be able to fill out the rocks.
Speaker 3: They're good at getting solid starters. Yeah, they're good. I hear you.
Speaker 8: They're good at that. When this team was really when when they're winning twelve games, what they do they went out they had all pro, they had all pro guards. You know, at all you know they had all pro players. That that to me, that that makes a difference in and I think in this day and age, solid starters, great depth, great you know, gets you nine ten wins? Yeah, you know, But give me the all pros.
Speaker 2: It is a good question because you can look at it either way, and there's a good chance that one or the other happens, or that neither happens.
Speaker 3: And it ends up being a complete wash.
Speaker 2: All right, all's Waldo wants to know, given that there are four big needs, and he listed his four big needs as wide receiver, running back, corner, and one tech. Would you raither use that fifth round pick the first one, the first fifth round pick were traded for an established player at one of those positions. Since you can take three of those positions in the first three rounds and then you first, I'd like to.
Speaker 8: Know from you guys real quick, if you can do it. You've got the three that he named, the four positions he named, give me the positions you would eliminate that you can't take because you've only got you've got, You've got he's got four positions, but you have three premium picks and you got three picks eliminate one.
Speaker 3: Probably those those wide receiver, corner, defensive tackle, one technique, and running back.
Speaker 6: Correct, I'd probably eliminate one tech, but that doesn't mean I'm comfortable at one tech.
Speaker 2: I would agree with that I would take because I would rather have a receiver, running.
Speaker 3: Back, corner. Yeah. I think I'm with you, guys, But man, I I think they need a one tech.
Speaker 7: I really really do.
Speaker 6: But I would say in this scenario, if you're trying to trade a fifth round pick for an established veteran that already exists out there, you'd probably have a better chance of getting a legitimate receiver with the round pick than you would any of those other positions.
Speaker 3: Gave up before. And we're arguing about Mingo right now?
Speaker 6: Yeah, no kidding, right, that's crazy. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we already did that, Oswaldo.
Speaker 8: We can answer this question. I was just curious of which position you guys would say. I got four I got four needs, and I've got only three spots.
Speaker 3: Which one are you going to eliminate?
Speaker 9: I think one, because even if you you need those three other positions, more I think is one and two. I think this defensive tackle class is deep enough to where if you can't use that fifth to trade for an instance, it's pretty deep.
Speaker 3: That's true. But is it deep?
Speaker 9: And the fifth I'm not saying it's not. I'm just saying I know you're not, but I'm just telling you what you're saying. I think though, for what the Cowboys need, just because you still have whether people like it or not, you still have Massi Smith there, who who's an option for you. He needs to take the next step, but he's still there. And I think that this class is deep enough and they've made the moves in free agency enough to where that's the room that you look at and say, Okay, this is maybe one that we can if we decide to not trade for established player or even an earlier pick, you think about if they package maybe some picks to get back on the fourth round or something like that.
Speaker 3: I think that would be the spot.
Speaker 8: Is there any chance that they could go and not draft a of the four and eliminated a wide receiver? Say that again, eliminate a wide receiver? Can you eliminate of the four? In good conscious? Can you eliminate the wide receiver of the four?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I mean it's the momentum is from what they have currently on the roster.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I mean it seems like that could be the pick at twelve right now.
Speaker 7: So if you go from like possibly taking a wide receiver in the first round, I don't think that's going to be eliminated in the first three rounds.
Speaker 2: Well, it goes back to the conversation that I think we'll get deeper into this on Thursday, when is the latest you can take a wide receiver that you automatically feels better than Jalen Tolbert and come see that and mingo, they're going to give a stat where do you feel like there is a guy that's better than those guys right now? Because right now you might have a first or a second round pick that's able to come in and immediately be that number two to see Lamb. But outside of that, you don't take one of the first two rounds. It's not like corner where there's a Noel Williams sitting there and he could possibly be a starting caliber player right off the bat. I don't think I feel comfortable at wide receiver past forty four.
Speaker 3: At what we need that do? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think if you're not just looking for a dude, you've got a bunch of dudes being a toldber Turpin, you got a couple guys there, but I need a guy that's going to come in and immediately be a starter at wide receiver. And if you don't get one at at twelve or at forty four, I don't think seventy six is going to give that to you.
Speaker 7: So you want to be able to pencil and this is my wide receiver two going into training camps. Yeah, and I hear what you're saying, and I think I think, just looking at my stack, defensive tackle would be the one that I'd wait on because I think in the fifth round I feel better about the D tackles than I do about any of those other positions. I mean, could we end up being able to get a Horde Lee from from Boston College. Could he end up being there? Could JJ Pageese at Ole Miss be a guy that hangs around a little bit and he's kind of starabouts from Georgia yet three h nine, but he's a he's a wide bar either way. They need defensive they need interior help. So I mean there's just a lot CJ. West see a guy that could can maybe be there for you, I'd be the fifth. Yeah, if he's there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, CJ.
Speaker 4: West getting a lot of third round love.
Speaker 8: Get ready, guys, when we're sitting in the fourth round without a pick, get ready for the run. Get ready for the run that we observed last year at running back on these three hundred and twenty pounds defensive tackles and you can see it.
Speaker 3: And you know what.
Speaker 8: And I was on with a game with the Giants on their Probably they're looking for defensive tackle help. Believe it or not, they have one of the best one techniques in the league. They're looking for a one technique and they're looking for a three technique. They need to get better. The Giants might start the run in the second round, you know something, Keep an eye on there.
Speaker 2: Votch is in our YouTube chat, by the way, and he says, are taking over Twitter on the twenty and he's not even here, but he said running back, wide receiver. Excuse me, Yeah, running back, wide receiver, defensive tackle, so one tech. In this conversation, who's playing corner for you? Yeah, that's my question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where are you playing?
Speaker 2: Who's If you can trade a fifth round pick, go get a starting corner. I don't know if that's super available. Teams aren't just shipping off starting cornerbacks out there. I think it's more likely you could trade for a wide receiver two and draft.
Speaker 3: Those other three positions.
Speaker 2: But if we're just eliminating a position, I don't know how you can look at wide receiver, running back, in corner.
Speaker 3: And not use those. And you get a guy in Miami all of a sudden he wants to be traded. Yeah, that's the interesting nick.
Speaker 8: In your fourth round, give me a guy, a wide receiver that might be in the fifth round. Wide receiver, a fourth round on your board, a fourth a fourth round wide receiver, a fourth round wide receiver you think might slide into the fifth because you might have him a little higher than everybody else.
Speaker 4: Uh, Dante Thornton Junior out of Tennessee.
Speaker 3: You go, there's a guy, a big guy that can fly. I got him in the fifth, six, five, fifteen.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, and we all know about Tennessee receivers. We all understand that they're vertical game. They route trees. Not great that kid makes plays, though he does.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like that? Do you feel like that?
Speaker 8: You know, do you feel like and I mentioned wide receiver again, do you feel good enough you have him would you like to pick him if you didn't pick a wide receiver in the first, of the second or the third, would you feel good about him picking him in the fifth.
Speaker 6: To be my wide receiver two on this team. I mean it would be I wouldn't feel good about it, No, but it's what you would have to do. I six', five two oh. Five he certainly got the, size big play. Machine he led THE fbs and yards per reception last. YEAR i put in my notes as, basically IF dk metcalf could just run go, balls, yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: He can only want, catches slants and.
Speaker 4: Stuff, yeah he, does he.
Speaker 6: Does it's just it's the it's it's the over the top stuff that, really it's the short intermediate game he.
Speaker 4: Has, No, no he didn't have a lot of love.
Speaker 3: There he's a little bit of a one pony for. Me they don't run a lot of.
Speaker 8: ROUTES i Think tennessee we know this about When, yeah With hyatt and guys like, that it was a lot a lot of this, game you, Know AND i don't, know man that that, size that. Speed if you get him IN i mean to, me when you watch him run routes AND i like where you have the. Kid by the, Way i'm just saying when you watch him, play to, me if somebody got somebody like that and and coached him to the point where he can do more stuff with the underneath things and stuff with his, speed he should be able to scare corners to, death much like What golden does In. Texas when you get off coverage and that guy's flying at, you and you, know damn good and, well this kid's gonna run four three and run.
Speaker 3: Right by you like this highlight right.
Speaker 8: There you know you're Gonna you're gonna make some people have to play you a little bit differently if you. Understand LIKE i, SAID i Think tennessee's passing game route tree stuff is. Horrendous but this, kid look at this right, here look at that right, there just break inside and set in this instant separation and, yeah it's good To, OKLAHOMA i.
Speaker 3: Believe, yep, yeah six, yeah so six. FIVE i like we got, Him, Nick what does he say he might be going? In he Might you had him in the, fourth you, SAID i.
Speaker 4: Have him been the?
Speaker 3: Fourth, ye, yeah he would have been four to two oh, five and he can run a four to.
Speaker 6: Three he's, yeah, YEAH i mean there's certainly of. Traits could definitely see a team swinging on him because of. TRADES i mean there's so many trades teams out there that really swing on these types of guys earlier than they, SHOULD i. Believe BUT i think this would be one where you can probably justifight a little bit.
Speaker 7: More i'd argue for Type, FELTON i think over him The Miami maryland. Right, Yeah and this is a guy that you talk about being an issue for. Corners he drew three pass interference. CALLS i mean he just finds a way to get behind the defense and can. ACCELERATE i mean his game AGAINST usc was really really. Impressive he is thin, though much Like. Thornton, like this guy's got a very very thin, frame but he finds a way to get. Open it passed the secondary and the second level puts a lot of stress on. Corners so tyfelt AND i liked a little bit more Than Dante Thornton junior From. Tennessee and Then Pat Bryan we've talked about. Before brian out Of. ILLINOIS i Don't i've got him in the FOURTH i might have him higher than other people. DO i Love Pat bryan his ability to win contested. CATCHES i think he's one of the more underrated wide receivers in this.
Speaker 2: Class he torched some guys at the at The Senior bowl specifically a couple of different, times And tommy AND i were watching him ruin careers out there for a little.
Speaker 3: Bit not great for certain. FOLKS U oh, Yeah do you have, Anybody, tommy that you would put on that.
Speaker 9: List at wide receiver in that fourth round picture at four or? Five you know guys That i've got there would Be ristreppo From, Miami horton From Colorado. State i'm higher on. MOST i think that WITH Ja Cory brooks From. LOUISVILLE i think Really brooks would be would be.
Speaker 3: One for me THAT i really.
Speaker 9: Like this is a guy who was a former five, star went To, alabama didn't really work out for him, there but had a good year At. Louisville and you, know you look at it's more of an upside, PICK i. Think but the big body six, two one hundred and eighty four, pounds you know you would have to take a chance on this guy who first team ON acc a thousand yard season nine touchdowns started in twelve games this past year For, louisville and he's kind of a roller coaster when you watch. Him sometimes it'll all be there and sometimes it, won't but you know the frame and the ability to go up and get the. BALL i think it was A Shrine bowl guy, too If i'm not. Mistaken he had a pretty good week over. There so, again a later round. Guy you might even be able to get him later than in the. Fifth but just a guy that watching his TAPE i really.
Speaker 2: Like and he HAD qb two in this draft throwing him the. Football i'm just.
Speaker 3: Kidding i'm. Kidding i'm kidding.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 2: Yeah probably all, right we gotta take second break when we come. Back we've got some tell me more is that the guys are going to bring to the table a couple of guys that we haven't hit. Yet AND i want to tell you more about more of the draft show coming up right after.
Speaker 5: This I'm Darren, woodson Former Dallas cowboy player And Super bowl.
Speaker 3: Champion WHEN i played.
Speaker 5: In THE nfl at a high, LEVEL i relied on my vision to see the. Field AS i started getting, OLDER i noticed my vision wasn't as good AND i.
Speaker 3: Was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all.
Speaker 5: DAY i went To Laser Care Eye center And DOCTOR g talked about all the.
Speaker 3: Options thanks to technology And Laser.
Speaker 5: Care Eye, CENTER i can see near far in. Between don't fumble your vision any. Longer visit them at dfwis dot com and tell Them darren sent.
Speaker 3: You they got me back on my.
Speaker 15: Game Star Sports tours is the only efficient fan travel part of The Dallas, cowboys offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame sideline acts and photo ops with current, players cheerleaders And cowboy. Legends want to stay at the team, hotel attend the best tail gay party In, texas.
Speaker 3: Tour The star and talk x'es and ods with Me Everson.
Speaker 15: Walls With Star Sports, tours you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel.
Speaker 3: Package.
Speaker 10: Today life is a, workout And Smoothie king is here to help you power.
Speaker 3: Through whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 10: Overhead, presses push them through chest, flies or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary. Bridge Smoothie king has the fuel to help you go all, out build, muscle and boost your. Recovery with forty five grams of, protein zero grams of added sugar and delicious customizable ingredients in The Gladiator smoothie available in, chocolate, strawberry and vanilla only At Smoothie.
Speaker 13: Kit how about Them cowboys or how about Them Tyson Cowboys. Nuggets as we cheer for the stars on the, field we love that we've also got some stars on our plate thanks To Tyson Brands Star Shape Cowboys NUGGETS nat along with all our other Favorite Tyson foods, products sure make game day. Special score some Delicious Tyson Cowboys nuggets and become a game day star just like Our cowboys as you enjoy your stars on and off the. Plate, remember tailgates and game day have always Been.
Speaker 1: Tyson he is The dallascowboys Dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: Draft your number one hat pick today with the official on stage hat of THE Nfl, draft now available at a pro shop near you or online At shop Dot dallascowboys Dot.
Speaker 3: Com a fanatics. Experience you like that?
Speaker 8: One, NO i like that one BECAUSE i think that this, thing being In Green, bay this, draft with the temperature they make. Me give these people some starter. Jackets instead of a, hat you get a starter, jacket everything cool to wear over the whatever.
Speaker 3: Team you're with At Park.
Speaker 4: Brebanie you know.
Speaker 8: Something To, Beanie it's gonna be a little chilli.
Speaker 2: There did you hold on to any of your uh, Gosh Green bay like throwback?
Speaker 8: Stuff got all my old rain. Suits, yeah you never know when you need a rain suit while you're. Fishing i've fished in A Jacksonville jaguar rainsuit Before Green, Bay. Philly i've done it. ALL i used to give all my clothing, though WHEN i was In philly to the homeless guys on the. STREETS i used To i'd see him And i'd stop My some of my guys had some big old starter those sleeping bag, jackets so AWESOME i. Get i'd get a new one like every week and just give it to a homeless guy out.
Speaker 3: There that's what kind Of.
Speaker 8: YEAH i never kept any of my, eagles SO i did keep my rain. SUIT i did keep my rain.
Speaker 3: Suit Now i'm. Ashamed, yeah that's. Unfortunate that's, okay all right.
Speaker 2: Now uh moving into tell me. More we got a couple of, minutes, yeah real, quickly just want to mention. It Steven jones on the fan just now talking with THE k AND s, masterpiece who's on on the.
Speaker 3: Midday they they asked even about trade up.
Speaker 2: Scenarios he, said he doesn't necessarily And i'm paraphrasing, here doesn't necessarily see a situation where they would trade up because of what the board may look. Like but there is a possibility that they would trade. Backwards and sure kind of what we've talked. About we've hit that a couple times throughout these last few. Episodes if you want to go listen to, those go ahead and click on that and go back and. Listen but we may talk about that more come draft night and what that possibility may look. Like But stephen making it very, clear trading up doesn't sound like it's a huge possibility. Here let's go into some tell me, More. Zach i'll start with. You who's the guy you want to talk?
Speaker 3: About?
Speaker 7: Right SO i put out a, Post, hey who did the fans want to hear? ABOUT i got a lot About Andrew, armstrong the wide receiver out Of. Arkansas now The beast our Buddy Dane bruler had him as an undrafted free. Agent he, DID i do think that he's worthy of a six or seventh round. Pick personally six four to two oh, two big body transferred From East TEXAS a AND m red shirt. Senior he led THE sec in receptions yards and receiving yards per, game and to be, honest that was with a subpark quarterback in my, opinion caught a pass in thirty nine straight games to end his careers in local kids who was A dallas guy visit played At Bishop. Dunn very productive over the last two seasons At. Arkansas he's, long, skinny big, body true possession type of wide. Receiver now he's not going to give you a ton after The, cats, Right he's a little bit, limited you could, say maybe some stiff, hips BUT i like his ability to win off the ball initially at the. Snap he's pretty. Clean not the greatest route runner in terms of creating, separation but he's got tremendous. HANDS i, mean this guy pretty much caught everything THAT i saw thrown his. Way SO i love his ability when you get plays that are broken down and now he's got to play out of. Structure he does an excellent job understanding levels and working himself open to where he can get into the sightline of the. Quarterback, armstrong big bodied. Guy if you're looking for somebody that can play THE, x be a possession, receiver move the chains for.
Speaker 3: YOU i take a flyer on him late day. Three i'm going to say this is a.
Speaker 9: Compliment he is a not as, athletic slower Seed. Lamb that's kind of WHAT i look at the number. Two he doesn't well, yeah well not only does he with you, now but the way that he, get LIKE i, said it's not.
Speaker 3: Polished i'm not comparing him To City lamb.
Speaker 9: Whatsoever but you just look at kind of the route tree that he's gotten and the way that he. Runs it looks a lot like you know What number two At oklahoma looked.
Speaker 3: LIKE i got Some Marquis colston.
Speaker 7: Vibes, yeah when you watched, him just that big boy like that finds a way to just kind of pull make it happen for. You and he is slippery after the. Catch but he's definitely not a. BURGER i, mean this guy doesn't have a ton of.
Speaker 3: Explosiveness all, Right, tommy who you? Got all? RIGHT i got one for, you give me.
Speaker 9: It Ty robinson From nebraska's defensive tackle six, five two hundred and eighty eight, Pounds so he's on the lighter, side but this guy is.
Speaker 3: Really twitching off the.
Speaker 9: Line of scrimmage four eight three and the forty that the fastest amongst all defensive. Tackles the other red. Flag he's gonna be twenty four when the season. Starts but when you turn the film, on LIKE i, said for his, size he's got great.
Speaker 3: Twitch where's the two hundred and eighty eight? Pounds like he's three? FIFTEEN i, mean he is. Yoke just look at.
Speaker 9: The size of his biceps here all the. Film he is, massive plays a lot. HEAVIER i feel like he can line up anywhere on the, line from right over the center to coming off the. Edge he uses his hands really, well throws guys off of him as a great swim move to get into the backfield as a pass, rusher or stopping the run really strong with his. Hands but when the offensive line sets their base and they he can kind of be stopped in his track.
Speaker 3: Sometimes so there are there are.
Speaker 9: There are flashes of that play, strength but there are also flashes where where he, gets you, know stopped up pretty quickly by. It maybe a stock your guy who has a better, base but he's a really smart football. Player he can kind of do it all from a pass rushing perspective and a run stopping. PERSPECTIVE i love the versatility that he brings just in terms of where he can line up on the line of. SCRIMMAGE i think this is going to be a really good. Player i've got him in the third or fourth. Round he plays with some.
Speaker 2: Grit, yeah he's Always he's a true old school his textbook Corn.
Speaker 9: FEDS i, mean this guy always goes after the. Ball when he's going after the, quarterback he's swatting at the, ball trying to punch it.
Speaker 3: Out. Uh he's lined up at fullback. Here he's just throwing guys out of the. Way so this this guy can do it.
Speaker 9: All he's uber. ATHLETIC i love the film a, lot AND i love the player a.
Speaker 2: Lot now he kind of reminds me a little bit just from watching some of these tapes Of John ridgeway a couple of years. Better you, know that nasty, grit kind of a back and forth, player old, school like you, said defensive tackle who gets active in the passing.
Speaker 3: Game he never really panned out In, dallas.
Speaker 2: But he's had a decent career With Washington commanders over the last few. Years so a Little John ridgway to his. Game brian who's your.
Speaker 3: Guy i'm gonna stump beam on this. One you didn't have film on this, guy guarantee.
Speaker 13: You.
Speaker 8: Oh Jackson slater center guard tackle from Next Sack, state and this guy he played. It he played left. Guard if he, does, MAN i will be. Amazed but he played left. Guard he's lined up.
Speaker 3: Some tackle.
Speaker 8: Boy sorr all these, YEARS i should have should not not to play that, game but this guy.
Speaker 3: Has he's. Played he's when you when. You the REASON i like this kid is he's six, three he's three.
Speaker 8: Eleven the thing about him is though he's played all the offensive line, POSITION i think he's going to be a.
Speaker 3: Center this guy is kind of a pull a pinned poll. Expert and If.
Speaker 8: Dallas is going to go to with scheme where they play with lead blockers and they play with pulling getting guys on the second, Level Jackson slater From Sack state can buy can be a. Guy this guy's got a, burst he's got some he's got, range he's got quickness out of his. Stance he's one of these guys that's got he's got some stoutness to. Him, though when he gets guys head up on, him he could sit down on him and see right there he's looking look at. That that was a nasty player right. There he's able to kind of help his center a little. Bit they get that secured there Against fresno and then they punish the. Edge that's the kind of demeanor this kid. Has he is a four year starter here At Sack. State this is very similar to we're talking About. Bland you know That fresno got. This they Got. BLAND i think somebody in The pac twelve at the TIME i missed this. KID i think he's got that kind of. ABILITY i have him in the fifth round. Though but if you're looking for penn and pull athletic offensive, Lineman Jackson slater's your.
Speaker 3: GUY i love. IT i love. It me, Wrong quick was?
Speaker 11: Wrong all?
Speaker 3: Right you said you're gonna stump.
Speaker 4: Him, Nick, Yeah well let's see two minutes left to.
Speaker 2: Stump, Okay So Texas, baptist So East TEXAS a AND.
Speaker 3: M now they've.
Speaker 6: Switched there is An East texas better see there a new don't even know about. That back in twenty twenty, one The, broncos they took a swing in the third round On Quine On quinn minors and he is he has ended up being one of the best guards in THE, nfl and they're really looking strong about that. One they got him from The division three ranks At Wisconsin. Whitewater, granted that's one of the Best division three programs in the, country But i'm gonna go back TO d three. Country let me take it to The Green Mountain. State we're gonna go take a look At Thomas perry out of out Of Middleburg college and and, Yeah thomas the tank they they got used to call. Him During Shrine bowl, WEEK i had asked a couple of offensive line d damn, It, yeah called theo's.
Speaker 3: This guy's here we.
Speaker 7: Go he's A duke many Many weather special right. Here, Yes duke is working with. Him And i'm with. You this is a hell of a play, Here, NICK i love this pick for.
Speaker 4: You, yeah he's a he's a.
Speaker 6: Mauler he played a left guard for three, years three year, starter and, uh whenever he had that uptick in competition from The Shrine, bowl he. Shined and it was a week offensive line. Class in my, opinion at The Shrine, BOWL i thought he was the standout throughout the week from from those, guys but talking to offensive line, people last week and also kind of reading the teele he's as far as visits he's.
Speaker 4: Taken this guy's gonna get.
Speaker 6: Drafted he's gonna get Drafted day, three and someone's gonna take a swing on him to be to be A day three type. Selection but uh, yeah this is a this is a guy THAT i think could end up being pretty pretty dominant at the next. Level he's got uh he's got the, strength he's got the. Finish he's dominant against these guys in THE d three, level which is what you want to. See could be a little bit, longer could be a little bit, bigger BUT i mean at six two and a half threeh nine he Could he could definitely fill out and add a couple of pounds to his game and be. Fine but the one big question THAT i have, is, like the most of what he did At, middlebury.
Speaker 4: He was lining up in a two point.
Speaker 6: Stance BUT i think IF i think you just get the right offensive line coach in his, development he'll be ready to. Go and again he showed that he can stand up at The Shrine. Bowl and these these offensive line trainers really like this. Guy they think he's going to be a sleeper in the straft and he's gonna he's gonna come out on.
Speaker 7: Top he was dominant in every single rap at The Shrine, bowl getting to cover those, practices and he went up against some really good defensive tackles that were. There we're talking To Jordan, Phillips Santa maryland And.
Speaker 3: COMPANY. Cj west was there out Of.
Speaker 7: Indiana and his ability to sit down and hold his own against those with a really strong anchoring base and the heart that this dude plays, with that's a hell of a call right, There thomas The.
Speaker 3: TANK i love that.
Speaker 2: Dude i've got one That I'm i've switched my guy completely BECAUSE i just want to try and see IF i can Stump beam before.
Speaker 3: We end out. Here, look good, luck everybody's over for right.
Speaker 2: Now i'm gonna go with out Of, Miami Ohio Brian, UGWU i believe is how you say his name transferred From, rutgers six foot, three two hundred and fifty plus.
Speaker 3: Pounds he was first Team All mac last.
Speaker 2: Year The mac attack played really well Against Notre, dame had a couple tackles for loss in that, matchup played well in multiple sacks Against Eastern. Michigan Against ohio as. WELL i like his bend off the. Edge he's a little slow on his get off a little. Bit i'm waiting for.
Speaker 9: The for the b roll to step, up And i'm staring number.
Speaker 3: Eight he wore number Eights beamer in the red For, Miami. OHIO i may have gotten. THEM i don't.
Speaker 2: Know but either that or he's not in the draft AND i just missed him on my list AND i put him on. There edge rusher is what he is is in the. Draft edge Rusher Chris. Beam all, right here we. Go now only WATCHED i only watched The Notre dame. Game he's stuck out a little bit and that's WHERE i. Say he had two tackles for lost in that. Game BUT i thought he was. FUN i would probably take a flyer on him late day, three but if you're hunting, trades he's got long, arms got some good bin to.
Speaker 3: Him wasn't a, combine.
Speaker 2: But overall a pretty solid player out of THE mac and had some production throughout his team the last couple of. Years was second Team ALL mac in twenty twenty.
Speaker 9: Three you still still SORRY i.
Speaker 2: WAS i was actually picking it BECAUSE i thought since he had been An All All conference.
Speaker 3: Player you would have come up with, it but sorry to end on a. Loan he'll get him, in he'll get him in the system before the. Draft it'll be here On. Thursday we'll get, drafted all, right.
Speaker 2: Guys that's gonna do it for us here on The Draft. Show we'll be back On thursday when we'll be one week. Out can't wait for next week's. Coverage Remember draft one on one On thursday. Evening will remind you again On thursday during our. Show but make some. Plans get out there to THE Uh North Central expressway in the fans, showroom get to meet us and get to talk a little bit of.
Speaker 3: Draft have to have some waterburger as well For.
Speaker 2: Nick, Harris Tommy, Yars brian brought Us Sack, Wolchuck Chris beam doing some incredible work in the. Back I'm Kyle yeoman saying so long from The Draft. Show we'll see you On. Thursday this has been a.
Speaker 1: Production Of dallascowboys Dot com and The Dallas Cowboys Football.
Speaker 3: Club