Speaker 1: And I think sometimes as we get so fixated on the veterans, the core of the experience that makes up this dynasty, that we sometimes forget that with young players comes growing pains.
Speaker 2: What up, everybody, and welcome to a live edition of Dodger's Territory on this Thursday, June twenty fifth. Alana Rizzo, Katie Wu Climp Asius with you. Appreciate you guys being here. Subscribe to us on YouTube wherever you get your podcast. That could be on Apple, that could be on Spotify. You get the picture. We love you guys being a part of this A lot to get to in the big ticket.
Speaker 3: So let's get right there, Clint, all right.
Speaker 2: Before we move on to today's well today they're off, but before we move on to the San Diego series, let's go back to last night as far as the dult and rushing conversation is concerned. We're going to get to our mid season assessment for the Dodgers momentarily, but we need to address what happened last night. But before we get into our opinions on it, or more over, my opinion on it, and I stand by it, let us talk or let us hear from Dalton after the game in regards to the situation between him and show.
Speaker 4: Hey, yeah, I thought he did a good job. I didn't do a great job start to finish. It was pretty embarrassing. Thankfully he's as good as he is and he could take control of a game. Yeah, it's pretty embarrassing.
Speaker 5: You have so much support, though. I mean, to have the conversations, whether I saw Freddy come up to you, Dave Roberts, I mean, I know that, as you said today, may have felt embarrassing. But to have their support in that conversation, what does that just mean to you?
Speaker 4: It's great. I mean, they always have my back. Once again, it's embarrassing that I need support like that. I'm a grown man. And yeah, it's a pretty tough pill to swallow, both sides of the ball. It was not a great show and hasn't been great as of late. And I'm gonna be better.
Speaker 2: And I can appreciate the fact that Dalton Rushing did stand up like a man does and took all of the questions and answered every single question. And that's exactly what you need to do as a big leader. Now, yesterday, if you were watching the postgame show with Clinton, I Katie was not here, so don't blame it on her. I said he needs to grow up, and I still stand by that, and I think Dalton Rushing, by standing there and taking these questions, has also illustrated that that he knows that he needs to also and that to me, taking the questions and answering them was an indication that he is growing up. And I just think that when you are a big leaguer, and right now, sir, you are the starting catcher of the back to back reigning World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers, you cannot be in the dugout smacking your head around and you know, shaking off show, hey Otani and those types of things.
Speaker 3: And he knows that.
Speaker 2: So, Katie, I'm interested in your viewpoint on this. Met Dalton Rushing in person. We've had him on our show and we appreciate that. My guess is he's not coming on again, and that's okay because I think we need to be objective and critical about this team that I love more than anybody in the world. But the actions that happened yesterday cannot happen when you are the starting catcher of the Los Angeles Dodgers. You know him better than I, So take me through your opinion of what went down.
Speaker 1: Sure well, full of transparency. I was not in Minnesota for that series. I'm here in San Diego. I'm sorry in advance for this beautiful background, the life of living on the road, and from the external perspective. Looking from the outside, it was clear to me that the game just sped up on Dalton and you think about what he's dealing with. This is his first time and we talked about this a lot on the show. First time with a full season, adjusting to a role that he's never really had before. You have showay on the mound, and sometimes the game just seeds up on you. That's true for literally every single player in the big leagues. No big leaguer is going to say, you know what, I had a perfect one hundred and sixty two game season. And we know that Dalton is a passionate player. We know that he likes tore his emotions on his sleep. People in the organization think that's what you know. That shows how he cares helps him play better. And I think there's people in the organization that say he needs to tone it down a little bit and find a way to channel that into a better performance. Last night's game clearly not good. I'll commend Dalton though, for doing exactly what he should have done after the game. Like you said, Alana, he goes up to the media and he answers every single question and it's all accountability. There is no oh, you know, this wasn't going my way or I was dealing with this on the side.
Speaker 6: It was just I wasn't good enough. I need to be better.
Speaker 1: And you see the people in the dugout, whether it's Freddie Freeman or Dave Roberts or Mark pryor coming to Dalton in the middle of the game, they do that because.
Speaker 6: They care about him.
Speaker 1: And I think sometimes and this is a broader picture for the Los Angeles Dodgers, we get so fixated on the veterans, the core of the experience that makes up this dynasty, that we sometimes forget that with young players comes growing pains, and yesterday was a growing pain for Dalton. Rushing that he learned from it moves forward and we see less of the kind of breakdowns in the dugout or the mental lapses and frustration that's going to be key for him going forward, and Dave Roberts even said this last week, he thinks that maybe you know, Wednesday was an outlier that he's Dalton Rushing is getting better at controlling those emotions. But Shoeyo Tani is a grown man too, and if you know, he's on him to perform better too, I understand I'll never really be able to dive into the dynamic between a pitcher and a catchrom what goes on with every single pitch. But for Dalton to go over and say I need to be better, I think that's exactly the kind of response that he needed to show in that moment. And we continue to chalk it up to growing pains of someone who is honestly still very young in his career.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll piggyback off of that part there. I mean, we saw Will Smith, who, by the way, shoe Hey o Tani works phenomenally with Will Smith this year, and we saw the Memes show Hey wishes Will was back. I'm sure we all wish Will was back for myriad reasons. But when we're talking about Will, when he first came up, there was the narrative that he did not work well with Clayton Kershaw. He kind of saw a little bit of it, a little bit of it on the outside. Looking in takes time. Dalton is still young. He's twenty five years old. I said this earlier where Alan and I were talking about some other things. He is a very young he feels like a very young twenty five years old. He's growing, We're learning some things. I will add that I also appreciate the fact that he stood there he said, Look, I got to be a man about this. This is a huge learning moment, a huge learning curve still for Dalton, but the fact that he's acknowledging I have to do better, not just offensively, not just defensively, but also in wearing and representing the Dodgers' uniform. There are people all note in the chat who have strong opinions as well about what went on. We'll go ahead and pop this up here in nine ninety nine chat from the Enigma in the chat, so obviously there's both sides of it. Tucker is too emotionless and he gets crap about it, and then you have too much emotion from Dalton. He gets crappy. He's disgusted with the fans and the meat. How they've crucified this man. This is the era we live in. Everything gets cranked it up, you know, you crank it up to eleven because we can. Yeah, we came down hard on Dalton last night. For sure, he came down hard.
Speaker 2: And I'll and I'll loan that and that's fine. Like Katie wasn't on the show, Clint was more Uh, we're more protecting him. But I have no problem saying I was the one that did it, and that's and to me, and I'll and I'll stand by it, and I'm okay with that, you know what. And if the Dodgers have a problem with it, then they can call me. They have my number.
Speaker 3: But here's the deal.
Speaker 2: I want Dalton to succeed and I want the Dodgers to succeed. And I'm not saying he can't show emotion. What I'm saying is there's a time and place to be able to have these conversations, maybe behind closed doors or what have you. And again, we're nitpicking at this because this is the only thing we have to nitpick about because the Dodgers have a commanding lead. The Dodgers are going to win the division. The Dodters are going to go to the Postseeds and the Dodgers hopefully win another World Series, and nobody wants that more than this, this trio right here and the Dodgers organization. But that, to me, the fact that we're talking about it is a problem. And again I'm proud of Dalton for going and answering the questions and he knows what he needs to do. But it's not like we like for I don't know, it's not like I'm not going.
Speaker 3: To talk about it.
Speaker 2: And again, when I was with Sports net LA, I couldn't talk about it, Okay, but I'm not with sports NETLA anymore and it was the best seven years of my career. But I can talk about it now. And you could see that show Hay was visibly upset. Show Hay all of a sudden started calling his own pitches. And again, it's not an enviable position for Dalton Rushing to be in. Obviously, we would love for Will Smith to be back. Will Smith. We don't, you know, there's a thing about personal catchers and those types of things, but say what you want to say. I would imagine that show Hay would rather have Will Smith behind the dish, just because of the pedigree in the back of the Baseball card and what he's doing. Not to say that Dalton isn't a bona fide big league catcher, but right now you're our starting catcher. If you go out, or you act like a fool, or you do all these different things than Chuckie Robinson is our starting catcher. There comes responsibility with great expectations, you know, it comes a lot of responsibility, and it is what it is. Sorry, sorry, not sorry, and I'll stand by it. So if anybody has a problem with it with the organization, please call me.
Speaker 1: I think like another thing that we're gonna that's maybe standing out about yesterday is we know that Dalton Rushing has kind of been like a lightning rod for viral sensations and shoeo Tani sneezes and it's.
Speaker 6: All over my Twitter.
Speaker 1: So there were a lot of different kind of videos eyes on this battery. So it doesn't help that Dalton didn't have a good game yesterday. It doesn't help that everything that these two players do is fixated, we're fixating on and is blasted all over social media.
Speaker 6: I work in the media. I know how this works. I get it.
Speaker 1: But I think for Dalton to struggle on both sides of the ball. You know, it didn't have a good night at the plate, certainly did not have a good night behind it.
Speaker 6: And to have all this different.
Speaker 1: Attention on him probably fed into why with the game is sped up on him. He's very aware of the perception of him online.
Speaker 6: It's kind of hard not to be. I mean, tomboy media is like obsessed with this guy.
Speaker 1: Not in a great way, and I like kinds of John Boy, but I think when you're thinking about all the different things that Dalton is dealing with in that moment, again, Shohio Tani best player ever ever going to see he obviously is going to have to take command in the control in the situation.
Speaker 6: It's not that Dalton is immune of any blame or criticism. He's not.
Speaker 1: But I can be empathetic to a young catcher, a young twenty five point I think you're spot on there trying to adjust and recover in real time and knowing the game of spiraling. And then you you know, you get into the clubhouse after the game and you see all these viral clips and everyone's talking about it. I can certainly understand why that was an unfavorable situation for Dalton Rushing to be in.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a tough era to be coming up in this game. For sure. Everything is just amplified with social media. Everybody trying to be the first person to get a clip of just a slight you know, eye movement or whatever, or you have things as radical as Trek Scoogle screaming at the White Sox dugout all that kind of stuff. It is what it is, and you know, again, hopefully this is a massive learning moment. Then it already appears to be massive learning moment for Dalton Rushing. I have a lot of high hopes for the kid and hopefully we can bury this soon enough. Is any any final thoughts there?
Speaker 3: Nope, said my piece.
Speaker 7: So there were piece. We have more super chats, more people also just generally in the chat. Might as well dive into these for a second before we tell folks about our friends at seat Geek. But Latino slant two dollars super chats is why is it an issue when we want men to grow up as a man? I will have no comment. If you guys talk about it, I'm gonna be al. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know that it's about a man growing up. I think it's more of no, the situation that you're in. I mean, this is this is the big boy league now, like this is not like this is not little league where you can you know, toss your bat and you know run the wrong direction like if you if you hit a ball, you run into third like this is.
Speaker 3: You are the starting catcher for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: And I'm not saying just because it was show Hay on the mound, I don't care if it was Mike Bolsinger on the mound.
Speaker 3: You don't show up your pitcher like that.
Speaker 1: You have.
Speaker 2: Conversations in private. This is not only is it a big league club, it's the Dodgers. Yeah, okay, this is the best team in all thirty.
Speaker 8: In the league.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, facts, facts, And it's again it's a different story. Everything gets blown up. The whole league changes. If you look at the new CBA stuff they're trying to pitch. But we're not going to dive into that today. Another one we got nine ninety nine from Richie Floores, our friend. He says, I think Dalton has great control over his emotions. Sincerely, Manny Machado, And there is your daily Manny Machado. Reference from Richie, but he also says it's real life lessons for Dalton. That's the important thing. Some people grow up at Triple A, some grow up at Triple A or Double A. Some are already grown up, all grown up. Right now, we're watching it in real time and it's going to keep getting better. That's it for now on the rushing conversation. We have a lot more to get into, but first we want to tell you but our friends over at the seat Geek, they are today's sponsor of the show, and of course the Dodgers are off today. They do head to San Diego where Katie Woo currently. Is what I'm looking forward to in that series, I guess in particular Alana here is Walker Bueller faces the Dodgers old Pal World Series champion twice over. Walker Bueller faces the Dodgers for the first time in his career unless I missed the start in that weird time when he was with Boston and Philly. But that's gonna be weird. That's gonna be a weird kind of feeling to watch. But Tane in a Padres uniform competing against Dodgers at Dodger Stadium South. But if you guys want tickets to go watch that at Dodger Stadium South, I would highly suggest you go check out our friends at seat geek. They have over thirty five million downloads. See Geek is the number one rated ticketing app. You can get tickets to the Dodger game, you can get concert tickets, festivals, World Cup tickets, all of that and riz you know, Seegeek has your back because each ticket is rated on a scale of one to ten. So you now you're getting a good deal.
Speaker 3: You do you do know that you're getting a good deal. It's like driving. We can talk about this all the time.
Speaker 2: Green means good, red means bad, Green means go, red means stop. Every ticket is backed by their buyer guarantee, not just for Major League Baseball guys, but for everything, World Cup, concerts, you name it, they have it. We have a code for you as well, Territory ten for ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at seat Geek. That's ten percent off any Major League Baseball tickets with promo code Territory ten. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later.
Speaker 3: Thank you for being a partner seat geek good, I'll give it.
Speaker 7: You feel good.
Speaker 6: He's up there.
Speaker 7: So segment, I've leaned on a lot so far this season. Every ten games, every twenty five games, every eighty one games. We got to assess where the Dodgers are at, and if you look at the standings, they're in a pretty good spot. Alana, why don't you set us up well?
Speaker 2: What really stuck out to me? Which I know, let me go back really quick to the mound visit. Could you imagine Tommy Lesorda in this day and age with what went down yesterday?
Speaker 3: Anyway, that's neither here nor there. But look at the Major League.
Speaker 2: Baseball standings in the NLS, ladies and gentlemen. Not only do our Los Angeles Dodgers have the lead by a commanding margin of nine games over the San Diego Padres, in which they started a great series with this weekend, the Padre is still very much in the thick of things.
Speaker 3: There are a half game back in the Wildcard.
Speaker 2: But what really stands out to me, guys, in our division, the Los Angeles Dodgers have a plus one forty four run differential, meaning they have scored one hundred and forty four more runs.
Speaker 3: Than they have given up.
Speaker 2: The rest of the division, Lady and gentlemen, is a negative run differential.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers are the only team in the division that have a positive run differential.
Speaker 2: And as I go through the standings, boys and girls, the Dodgers have the best run differential not only in the NL West, not only the National League, but in all of Major League Baseball.
Speaker 3: That is what sticks out to me.
Speaker 7: That's that's pretty good. It's pretty good. Dodgers are pretty damn good. By the way, the point of this segment, we are gonna sum up the season all you know. I did say during before the show that we were gonna throw Wu under the bus and make her go first, but Riz, you took it. Now I'm gonna take it from here. And then Katie's gonna learn a thing or two. No, no, no, just being weird. But anyways, getting to me what we've learned about this season so far, about this team so far, as yeah, they're they're a very good team. They they are who we thought they were, and we're still not seeing a fully healthy team. We have not seen the expected starting five, a six man rotation. We have not seen Mookie get hot really until now. We still haven't even seen fully consistent Freddy Freeman. Tay Oskar has been missing. How good this team is right now and how far ahead they are in the NL West, And I guess you could say it by best record, run differential, all that stuff in baseball. There's a reason other teams are mad, there's other fan bases are mad. It's a very good baseball team and they're gonna keep getting better. If I spin forward a little bit, you are gonna be adding an all star closer and Edwin Diaz. They're gonna be adding Evan Phillips, who has been a closer for this team in the past. Blakes now maybe maybe Tyler glasnow taa Oscar Hernandez is less than a week away. They are gonna get better. And obviously everybody wants to talk about the trade deadline. I don't know, and we are gonna talk trade deadline a little bit. I don't know that they need to make a lot of moves. They just need time. They need to get better. But it has been a fun season so far. A lot of headlines, some of them not so savory, but it's a good team to watch in Show Hey. Also gotta shout out Show Hey in that cy On conversation. An absolute animal that man is w What do you think about this team?
Speaker 1: I think coming in for my first year in Dodger Land, there were two things I was really excited to see, one being the show Hey two Wai version, first time that he's done this for the Dodgers, and this is pretty much lived up to the expectations in terms of performance and also usage and management and strategy. As a reporter, that's really what I care about, like how does this organization manage and use Otani to make sure that they happen for when it really matters aka October. So it's been fun to kind of walk that line with Andrew Freeman, with Dave Roberts, with Otani and see how this usage is playing out and the long term effects. I mean, it's led to a six man starting rotation for essentially the entire season.
Speaker 6: We've talked about the importance of Eric Blawer coming in to.
Speaker 1: Me, that was like a big light bulb that went off where this six man rotation is so imperative because it means that Shoheyotani can keep doing two way duties. So to be able to find kind of figure that out in real time with the organization, I've enjoyed that. Another thing that I wanted to figure out to see was just how do the Dodgers use their depth because we know throughout the course of a one hundred and sixty two game season, no Twenty six man roster is going to go without a couple of ile stints. Now, the Dodgers have had quite a few, so it's been interesting for me to see because we're all familiar with Mookie Betts and Freddie Freeman and Kyle Tecker go down the list of all of the superstars on this Dodgers roster. But I wanted to see how the Ryan Ward's play in, how Dalton Rushing played in Alex call the role players, and how the.
Speaker 6: Dodgers can use their depth.
Speaker 1: Then you go to the pitching side and you can say the same thing about EMMT she and Justin Rableski, and I think Robleski has really stood out to me in terms of someone that probably we should be talking a little bit more in the All Star consideration with, but to see him come in as a depth piece as someone that the organization was looking at like a potential spot star at six starter guy, and now to me has firmly placed himself in this rotation for the rest of the regular season.
Speaker 6: That's been really cool to see.
Speaker 1: Because every year you come in and someone that you're not truly thinking about establishes themselves as someone who is essential. So to be able to see Justin Rombluski do that so early in his career, that's I think the biggest takeaway for me in the first half.
Speaker 7: And we still haven't seen the best of the young dudes yet, or at least best out of these young dudes yet. I mean talked a lot about a Dalton Rushing, who is one of those kind of heralded prospects just a year ago, you know, mentioning our friend of the show, Ryan Ward being out there. You know, we know there's more slug in there. We know there's a little more contact getting him better. But the growth of Andy Poe has, you know, talking about how we spoke about him last year at the start of the season, a lot of a lot of people talking that way when it comes to Andy Poe has now he is a bona fide All Star candidate. Yeah, I don't know, baseball season is better than any other sport. I don't give a shit when anybody says watching these storylines, one hundred and sixty two games is too many. Yeah, probably, but damn is it a lot of fun. It's a blest.
Speaker 3: It's a blast.
Speaker 2: And again, this is the way that we have the opportunity to like nitpick at all the little things and talk about where we are, Like, what could we do better?
Speaker 3: I don't know, we have a nine and a half, gave leen the division? What can we do better?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's silly that we're talking about this stuff, but that is the situation we are in because the team that we cover happens to be this good. So I think, for you know, halfway point eighty one games down, eighty one to go, I think I give you an a Dodgers.
Speaker 3: We're proud of you.
Speaker 2: I know that sounds silly. I know that probably sounds patronizing, but it is what it is. You know, I love this team, Clint, I know you love this team.
Speaker 6: Katie.
Speaker 2: I know you have to be actually a journalist and be impartial, but I can be a homer and that's and it is what it is.
Speaker 3: But this is a team that is incredibly impressive.
Speaker 2: There's no reason, barring any sort of injury or health issues, that they can't repeat.
Speaker 3: So halfway through the season.
Speaker 2: Which by the way, is hard to believe, we've already played eighty one games. Hey, straight up a All right, guys, much more to come on Dodgers Territory.
Speaker 3: But first, a word from our friends at FEUL.
Speaker 4: When my puppy Bella has something wrong, I'm not going to go around googling what to do.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Kratz, Let's have a better plan. Today's episode is sponsored by the ASPCA Pet Health Insurance Program. It offers customizable accident and illness plans that can fit your budget, your life's and even your pets particular quirks. Because, let's be honest, vet bills can add up fast. ASPCA Pet Health Insurance has been around for almost thirty years and has covered over one million pets. And when it's time to submit a claim, it's easy. Just use their app and receive reimbursement for eligible VET bills directly into your bank account, so you can get back to focusing on what really matters your pet. To explore coverage, visit ASPCA Pet Insurance dot com slash foul. That's ASPCA Pet Insurance dot com slash foul. Again, that's ASPCA Pet Insurance dot Com slash foul. This is a paid advertisement. Insurance is underwritten by either Independent American Insurance Company or United States Fire Insurance Company and produced by PTZ Insurance Agency Limited. The ASPCA is not an insurance and is not engaged in the business of insurance.
Speaker 7: You get a little bit of chills. It's almost rumor season. Yeah, this is early. This is definitely very early to be talking about rumors. Trade deadline is a little more than five weeks away, but it is the season where you start looking ahead. You start looking at what the Dodgers can do, what this front office can do to help improve this team at the deadline, And honestly, as we sit here talking about the first eighty one games, it's hard to find ways to improve this team. But I figured we can have a little bit of fun with a bold prediction that probably won't come true. What I'll say, I'll lead us off here my one bold prediction. I think the Dodgers are going to be in the market for an everyday second basement. No slight on Tommy Edmund No slight on Alex Freeland, who has been there for the majority of the games in recent I guess really over the last month, but I think they will look at just kicking the tires around and every day to be Labor Tours is a name that has been mentioned. I'm not one hundred percent certain if he's on the IL right now, but could be a change of scenery guy. We assume Detroit is going to be selling Hey, maybe they throw in Trek Skouble in that deals. Well. Another name I'll mention Luisa Rise, somebody we've talked about on my other my old Dodgers channel as well. The Giants are just miserably bad. Arise is a pretty good baseball player, somebody you could slot in, you know, it's seven lineup, eight in the lineup, maybe even bottom of the lineup here. As much as he might not like it, but the fact that he can move a baseball forward, he could find some grass. He's actually playing a pretty decent defensive second basement second base at the moment as well. I don't know how much of that is on Ron Washington, but I'm pretty sure Dino and Chris Woodward would help him. Out as well. But that's what I think. That's my bold prediction. I don't even know if it's bold. If they're going to be active and it's not Derek Scoogle, it's going to be in the second base market.
Speaker 6: So I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't hate the Louisa Rise comp but she finds for the Giants, and I just cannot fathom a Dodgers Giants trade. Maybe this is very like old man yells at cloud Take. You guys know, I have like a very traditional mindset about this, But I don't think division rival should be allowed to trade with each other, don't.
Speaker 6: I don't like it.
Speaker 1: It's not allowed, So I can't remember the last time the Dodgers and Giants even pulled off a trade. But for that alone, I'm going to say no arise, but I think Dodgers fans are probably elated at the state of the San Francisco Giants. But we could send a whole episode talking about that. So I think to go back to your bold predictions, I'm going to be like loser Killjoy, boring reporter for usual, and I'm going to go but history tells us, and it's that the Dodgers aren't going to make any like huge splashes this trade deadline.
Speaker 6: This is not something that Andrew Friedman does.
Speaker 1: He prefers for the big blockbusters to come via the wallet over the off season. But usually the Dodgers treat the trade deadline as a chance to you know, win on the margins or get a little bit better for depths. So I do wonder what they're super deep talented outfield prospect pool. Can they trade one of those to land another you know, not someone that's going to come and benefit like a rental right now, but someone that can bring multiple years of control back to the organization. That's where I think Andrew Freeman does a really nice job at the trade deadline is finding, you know, the small incremental ways to improve the roster. So it's not bold, it's pretty boring. But but that's where I'm standing, Clint.
Speaker 2: To answer your question, Labor Torres is on the I l I'm not certain when he is supposed to come off of the ile. My bold prediction is right now the Dodgers have fifty two wins. They're going to get fifty two more. The Dodgers will end the season at one hundred and four wins.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's nothing else I got to say about it.
Speaker 7: They'll trade for anybody to help, they'll maybe you know what I mean, they don't.
Speaker 3: They don't. They don't need to.
Speaker 2: They don't need to trade for anybody else to help. They're getting Blake Smell back, so they don't. I don't think they need to get anybody. In terms of pitching, They're going to get Evan Phillips back.
Speaker 1: I like.
Speaker 3: I like the addition to the bullpen.
Speaker 2: I think those that have been underperforming will start performing. This is a Dodgers team that is built for October, and they are the taking the NBA term of workload management. That's exactly what they're doing. Uh, they'll do it throughout the course of the regular season and they will be ready to go for the postseason. But regular season, they won fifty two more wins.
Speaker 7: Hey, how about this? This will be for the aggregators. Katie wou weighs in on Tarrek'schooble trade deadline destinations. So I'm sorry already in advance. How active? I mean? We know the Dodgers are never going to be active in the headlines when it comes to any sort of move, but how active do you think you people are going to be about linking the Dodgers to Trekschooble because, as you mentioned, Katie, the Dodgers they have the talent to make literally anything happen. Terrek Scooble is a rental and if it costs you two prospects and maybe another guy who's currently with the big league team, we don't know the status of Tyler Glass now. And if you could plug in Trek Scougble to be your game one, game two, game three, any game starter makes a lot of sense for the Dodgers to want to go out and get them biting was how active? How loud do you think the rumors are going to be with Schoogle and the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: They're going to be loud, But just because they're loud doesn't mean they're always right now, I'm not here to downplay any chance of the Dodgers doing anything with school because it's Los Angeles.
Speaker 6: They're going to be involved no matter what. It's just kind of what they do.
Speaker 1: But to your point, Quinn, because they are one of the few organizations that even have the ability to pull up a trade. You're thinking of teams like the Brewers and the Braves, and of course the Dodgers right next next to him.
Speaker 6: That's why it's not going to go away.
Speaker 1: Anytime there's a chance to break baseball, you're going to see the Dodgers correlated with said situation.
Speaker 6: So I expect the next.
Speaker 1: Five weeks to be very painful for me personally, and for there to be a lot of you know, schoobl and the Dodgers because like theoretically they could do it.
Speaker 6: They can do pretty much anything they want, which is why they are so scary, you know.
Speaker 1: And again it goes back to Andrew Freeman not wanting to make huge splashes at the deadline.
Speaker 6: Historically that's not how he's operated.
Speaker 1: But though my personal feeling is that this is a low likelihood of happening, I also said that.
Speaker 6: About Kyle Tucker, So what do I know.
Speaker 1: Basically, the reason why media reporters keep linking the Dodgers and Schooble together, even if it's so early on, is because they are again one of the very few teams that can even entertain this notion, and because, as we've seen before, nothing is out of the realm of their possibility, and with.
Speaker 7: The state of the CBA, you know, pushing all your chips in one more time before things potentially get broken or we don't have baseball for a while in twenty twenty seven. That's a different conversation for a different show. It feels like the right time to use your assets and go for that three peat and then you know, send everybody. I'm not even flipping the birds. This is the old Sufi here. What's that guy's name, Dane Cook? You guys remember him? No exactly, His career went to crap. Anyways, there is a little bit more DT coming up for you, Katie. We won't have her room ready in time for that, but we are going to be back and talk about that Padre series after Riz tells you about Fan Duel.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by Fan Duel Baseball Fans, the MLB season is in full swing and fan Duel is giving you a chance to call your shot with daily dingers.
Speaker 3: Joining the action is easy.
Speaker 2: Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home run in their game, and if you're right, you'll get a pro boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. It's just another reason why FanDuel is the home of home runs. So are you ready to play your game, Head over to FanDuel dot com slash podcast to get started. That's FanDuel dot com slash podcast.
Speaker 3: To opt in for daily.
Speaker 2: Dingers and make your free pick on who's hitting a homer, playball and swing for the fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball. No purchase necessary, opt in required. Bonus issued as non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager amount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem call or text one eight hundred gambler. All right, guys, we have a great opportunity to get four amazing seats. In fact, they are field level seats with free parking in lot I. This is for the July thirty first game, so about a month and change today. The Boston Red Sox are coming to town. The Los Angeles Dodgers are the host again. Four tickets, four seats rather and free parking, great seats. Every single cent goes to dogs in need. I want to thank Anita Olsen. She's a big time Dodger fans. She's a big time gidrith Gardian Foundation supporter. She donated this ticket package. You can go to thirty two auctions dot com slash MLB Baseball. You can create a free account and bid. You can do it in increments of one dollar. Right now, the high bid is at six seventy five, which is still a bargain for four seats at Dodger Stadium for this game and free parking. So again, every single cent goes to dogs in need. We appreciate your support very much.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's that's a huge series right there, that's a huge well, I mean, Red Sox are bad, but still for fans to be helping the doggos, well.
Speaker 2: It's two historic franchises, right like, you can always appreciate what the what the Red Socks have done in their career. Obviously, just go back, just like channel that energy, that angry energy from twenty to eighteen and bring it to Dodger Stadium and say boo Red Sox boo on to you.
Speaker 7: Booh Red Sox get to say boo oh. Sorry, go ahead, No.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure it's right before the trade deadline. And while the Red Sox have made like no definitive announcements, they by all means should be selling and I always just think.
Speaker 6: I think it's so interesting to watch these teams.
Speaker 1: Come in right before the deadline and you're like, are you gonna be here tomorrow?
Speaker 6: Probably not.
Speaker 7: Longtime future Dodger Jared Duran will be there. He's also having a pretty bad year in his own right. But another team that's having a mid year at best, Padres. Dodgers face the Padres coming up. Taking a look ahead. A lot of good storylines in this series, and Katie, I'm sure your editor is already looking ahead at those. You have Roki Sasaki facing the Padres at what I call Dodger Stadium south there Petco Park, And I thought Buehler was going to be the later game. I thought he was gonna be Saturday. I guess they moved Bueler up to Sunday or sorry, Friday, just like MOOKI is almost fifty thirty four. Yeah, Sasaki bull her Yamamoto versus Vasquez. Uh for those first two games, I don't know because it's not on here. I don't have the the probables for Sunday. But this is gonna be a pretty fun little series.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: Padre's starting to heat up a little bit. Fernando Tatista has actually hit a homer now this season, Manny's heating up a little bit as well.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 7: And they always want to like annihilate the Dodgers best they can, and this would be one of those series. Hopefully, you know, they hopefully the Dodgers don't lose Game one because it seems to have worked out that way and then something dumb happens and then the Dodgers just go out there and Dodger. But uh, Alana, what are you looking forward to in the series? Before we get the professional take from Katie of what she has to look at, I.
Speaker 2: Love I love that I went from somebody that was like self, like like esteemed and seven time Emmy Award winner too. Let's get to Katie, who's now the professional.
Speaker 6: Sweatsuit.
Speaker 2: What do I like about this series? I can't wait to see Bueller. I hope, I honestly like, I hope Bueller has a really good outing because I I hate that there was kind of a fall from grace with him. I really thought that he was going to have a much longer along gie. I thought he was going to be a Dodger for life. To be honest with you, I hope that he has success, but not to the point where the Dodgers lose, if that makes any sense. I love the fact, and somebody said this in our chat over a little bit ago, the fact that we're not talking about Roki Sasaki means that Roki Sasaki is.
Speaker 6: Doing his job.
Speaker 2: So we really haven't had that constant Roki Sasaki conversation, like we need to see this, we need to see that. I'm really looking forward. So a very long answer to your short question is I'm really looking forward to seeing this pitching matchup tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Kind of in verse.
Speaker 2: In terms of the numbers, Roki Sasaki is three and four in terms of win lost, Walker Buehler is four and three. Roki an Era. That's not sexy, but that's because of some struggles early on in the season. He's really gotten much better throughout the season as it's gone along. Seventy strikeouts, the whip of one two nine. He's given up twenty five walks. Bueller not so different, right, and Era just south of four at three point ninety six strikeouts, five fewer than Roki. The whip almost identical. He's at one two nine, Bueller's at one three to two. Roki has given up twenty five free passes. Bueller has given up twenty three, so.
Speaker 3: It's just it's a very.
Speaker 2: I think it's a very even type of pitching matchup. I'm looking forward to seeing.
Speaker 7: That both of them before we go to U, Katie. Both of them also having very you know better kind of stretches over the last month and change. Buehler has a two seven sixty ARRA over his last week. We had eight starts right now, so he's kind of locked in. Roki not as good because of a couple of little like blow ups in there, but still trending. And I love the fact we don't have to talk about Roki as much. Katie. What are you looking forward forward to in.
Speaker 1: The series as a certified Roki enthusiast, Tamila, you know, whereas I need him to do a little bit better so I can go back to bragging rights, But I'm also not prepared to sit here and eat it if he doesn't pitch well on Friday. So Rookie, my livelihood is relying on you here this weekend, but likely Ulana, I'm looking at the pitching matchup, but I'm looking at Sundays because we know this is going to be a big one for emt she and Dave Roberts said as much after his last start Sunday against Baltimore. Where and it's going to take this next star and we'll see where it goes. And for all the hype over River Ryan, again we've discussed why it's important that the Dodgers are patient with his production down in Triple A and also the production from it. She just hasn't been where the team needs it to be. So I'm looking at on what Shean can do Sunday. It'll be a good test against the San Diego Padres to see if he can take some steps forward, because we.
Speaker 6: Saw flashes of this in May and then June. Like we've said, last episode took a couple of pegs back.
Speaker 1: But when you're looking at what Ebbitt Sheen can do in the six man rotation, there's got to be some sort of progress here, and I think this will be very important as the Dodgers kind of loom their first legitimate potential rotation change depending on how Shean performs.
Speaker 6: So that's what I'm looking at.
Speaker 1: It should be another just three guys that you're you're always excited to Seeyamamoto on there, and I haven't had a Yamamoto start in probably three weeks, so I'm ready.
Speaker 6: Should be good, my guys, It.
Speaker 3: Should be a good.
Speaker 2: Why I'm a little nervous about Sunday though, was she? And because he's going up against Michael King, so again he's had some he's had some hiccups. Not that Michael King is you know showway or Mason Miller coming out of the bullpen. But still, anyway, guys, thanks for letting us be with you guys today, Thank you for your comments and concerns and all of the things. This might be my last show ever, but just you know, I love the Dodgers. We will be back on Monday. Me, Katie and Clint will be back on Monday for our regularly scheduled programming.
Speaker 3: Have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Take at least two of three from the padres at Dodgers Stadium South. Don't forget to like subscribe all of the things to the Dodgers' Territory podcast on the Foul Territory Network. Don't forget to go to our store, Dodgers Territory Shop dot com and uh, all right, we'll see you.
Speaker 3: Then go dodger ye