Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 4: This is the Players Loune broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Hecma Harrison, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 5: Plays flounds right here on Monday, Yes, sir, on a Monday, he got Heckma Harrison and he got buried Church on new he scrugs. Cowboys get that win over the weekend.
Speaker 6: Yes, and boy, old boy, old boy, I was all wrong.
Speaker 5: I had Carolina went to by point twenty twenty three. Church, you had Dallas winning twenty one seventeen. Heck, but you had the Cowboys winning seventeen to ten. Cowboys get to win thirty to fourteen. Business dominated the football game second half.
Speaker 6: So the Cowboys on their way with the pick segment.
Speaker 1: Church, you missed four games, oh four? Oh got the cowboy you't doing?
Speaker 5: You went off the rafters. Uh yeah, see you took Cleveland over Kansas City.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was a bad mistake. They benched my boy, j Bo.
Speaker 6: You took You took coach Soul in Miami over Houston.
Speaker 1: In Houston are doing. You know what he's doing. You know what he doing? This attitude?
Speaker 5: This was a two we got going brain scrambled there you got. You took Detroit at home against Buffalo the dust.
Speaker 1: I played a lottery, right, baby? That was with you I took. I took Detroit Campbell tripping. We'll talk about that.
Speaker 6: I messed up taking your charges.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I told you should want with me when I don't pick the charges. You know what's happening is I took the shaking bait. You and I both took Seattle bums up there. So hecking pick everything perfect perfecto.
Speaker 8: Fact, Hey real quick, just get the books cleared. Did Church pick Cleveland?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 8: Yes, okay, so he missed five games.
Speaker 6: Cleveland twenty four twins. What was the other one?
Speaker 8: San Francisco, which was the Thursday night game?
Speaker 6: He missed that one?
Speaker 1: Okay, you started?
Speaker 8: We went, We went in San Francisco, Cleveland, I got Miami, Detroit, Seattle.
Speaker 1: That's five he went five and five? Who who they played? The Ram? The Rams got on Thursday night? Poking the man.
Speaker 5: I gotta come back right here. We got too tonight though we got to tonight tonight. He's got perfection so far.
Speaker 8: I love it when we picked ten games because it makes it much more interesting so far.
Speaker 5: But we're all basically you've seen the games tonight, we're all gonna go to the same We're all going the same place, and we're all gonna.
Speaker 1: Pack the same. Is what it is. He was going twelve.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey, hey, hey, good on your baby, good on you, good on you?
Speaker 1: Good on?
Speaker 9: Hey hey hey hey, I just wonder why y'all y'all voice everything here, y'all praying when y'all talking about my wiz streak that never happened.
Speaker 1: It never I'm one away, it never happened. Hey, you never do say Now he's.
Speaker 3: Night.
Speaker 8: But here's the thing new he went perfect and week thirteen. So yeah, we only picked six games.
Speaker 1: Will picked. I can do.
Speaker 5: All I can do is do with Chris. Chris put out there he six six with ten with ten. But you know, so I have such respect we led.
Speaker 1: To show off.
Speaker 9: That's appreciated that. I appreciate that on behalf of a cliff.
Speaker 1: Cliff in the state, right, Yes, yeah, I like how you put that through.
Speaker 9: And we're talking about this the high school finals and who's going to state?
Speaker 1: But Barry put in the group chat. Dunky Field got upset.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, I only follow up the high school game like that. But when I got up by Tyler School, the.
Speaker 1: North squad, they have ball like goon Goon City. It's a lot of shinty. Okay, that's goon on the fist. Okay, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 5: No Bunkingville, South lay in the state though you know your neighborhood is good.
Speaker 1: You going to the game. I ain't gonna make that one. So with the blonde so I was like, yeah, they're doing automation. You ain't doing that. I'll tell you right now what. Let me see one of the blinds crazy on Sunday. He did it. Tips Frost, the tips Hey Russell. He's in the church. He's saying it now.
Speaker 11: Something going ball this month, doing cowboys ties for the going for the the Uh. He's going for that ball that Jordan looked this month some focus for the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. That's the way you get out of it there.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: Rico dowdle Frost, how about that? Rico twenty five carries one hundred and forty nine yards. Dallas ran the ball forty times to Charlotte four two hundred and eleven yards. On third down, they were six of twelve. So the offense brought what they wanted to. And even more impressive was the offensive line.
Speaker 1: Yeah for this step for the Yetti cool customer, dude, either one. Yeah, I did.
Speaker 9: Okay, I'm sorry, I mean made mixing my weeks up because I know for a few few of those weeks, the Yetti coul.
Speaker 1: Customer was the whole offensive line unit. Whole unit. So I don't remember when y'all did that.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: I did a special team, special team. Okay, I know somebody took the up.
Speaker 5: Well, the whole thing was you know, this is, you know, just message, don't activate anything, don't get nothing back now, hero ball, just you know, just just do a regular job.
Speaker 1: So that's what they said, that's what they do. I love that play.
Speaker 9: I love those plays with Cavante Turpin when he came in on the big, big gainer that he had. Uh but ric o'dado, man, he's look, I'm not on the on the bandwagon all right completely. I'm just saying these last couple of games, ric o'dalla has showed you enough patience and he is running that thing downhill. This offensive line is giving him a two way go and I love the way that they look. I mean they look like the continuity they are jelling running back to offensive line. And Barry Chuck talked about it, how do you get how do you get a guy in a rhythm If you're always pulling him, you're giving two places and you're starting to see when a guy's able to get into a rhythm. Twenty five one forty nine. That's not bad at all. The problem that I have with Rico Daddle.
Speaker 1: Say he only has one touchdown on the season. I mean, you're having all this success, and I.
Speaker 9: Think as we as we've looked down the line at the other running backs that have had success, it's the multiple touchdowns. Then also as to it that one really is kind of like it's okay, it's a good year, it's a bad Where is he following that he only has one touchdown? He got some of those those vultured.
Speaker 12: Awaito a little bit right, didn't didn't Z come in there early on and take a couple of those little keys when you start when he gets out, you know this church, Oh, I know what they're gonna say. It's a free agent to think these papers. Let me compare you over here.
Speaker 3: To the.
Speaker 1: Analytically hurt hurt. You know what's gonna happen. It happens to all of them.
Speaker 5: He's going to get a contract offer in the off season from something. You know, he'll have offers. He's a free agent. He'll have offers.
Speaker 1: But you're going to look. You're going to look at the touchdown numbers and some of hey, when it starts with hey, it's over.
Speaker 5: We'll do this will incentivize over here, Yes, but you know, it's not like you're you know, basically, he's not getting a Josh Jacobs like he got like you know, won't we went for the Raiders to Green Bay. But there's going to be an offer, but not having the touchdowns. It's like being a corner out there, you know, a dB out there without the interceptions behind you.
Speaker 1: You know what they're gonna offer him. I don't know if they Okay, I don't see it. Okay, what do you offer? That's the question. What do they have? I don't know. I don't see I don't know, because I mean, I think it all depends on how you draft.
Speaker 9: I think it depends on how you draft, how you look to that, and I think if if I'm in that draft room right now, I'm prioritizing running back.
Speaker 5: But the thing is, your free agency starts to march tracks to saprils. You've got to make this choice before before you draft.
Speaker 1: And I don't know what.
Speaker 5: I don't know what you're going to offer him because and you're a free agent. Listen, Okay, he got Dad there. Now, George Lewis is going to be up. Also, Diggy Zoo is up. Those are just those are just a couple of your Frock Hoffman is up. So you've got You've got a lot of them guys that you got to think about here, and so you got to ask yourself what is the price tag that you're going to put on Rico Dallaland you bring up the one touchdown that's that's legitimate, of what what where do we place his value at? Because you want a guy that can punch these things in And do you see him as a number one? Because if I'm his agent, I'm coming, hey man number one. And I don't want to pour gasoline or poor poor that. I don't want to pull the fire off on his fire that he's had right now. But the last two games have been against defenses that you know very ain't will Steel curtain now Doomsday and Carolina's bad. That's what you should do to a bad defensive team. Cincinnati is bad. That's what you should do against a bad defensive team. Run the ball this week against Todd Bowles and Tampa Bay. Let's see what you got. Then next week you go to Philadelphia. Let's see what you got. You bust one hundred on Philly. Okay, Sunday night football. Everybody's watching Tampa Bay, Todd Bowles, defensive guy. Let's see what you can do. That's how you get your bread. In my opinion, but right now, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to make.
Speaker 5: Yes, they beat Carolina. They were underdogs. They showed resiliency. All those dudes on the team from from the Carolinas came out, showed it out. Rico o'dollary from North Carolina. Brooks caught touchdown pass. He's from North Carolina. So hey man, going out there, get your bow jangles and get out of there and make me feel good.
Speaker 1: Everybody.
Speaker 6: Man, let's you let you know, just dispersed at your tickets.
Speaker 1: You look good.
Speaker 5: So I'm happy for those guys, man, that that's outstanding. You're six and eight football team. We talked about that, talked a little bit about the chat. How do you look at this team now, six and eight? Here your the six and eight teams. Tampa, Tampa, San Francisco lost in the Super Bowl last year there six and eight banged up.
Speaker 1: To like the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: We lost a lot of geops saw digs going, he's gonna be supsted season now.
Speaker 1: So you got that Indianapolis the quarterbacks, Yeah, he got CINCINNATII.
Speaker 5: The quarterbacks chairble Capital. Sorry sorry, uh. Cincinnati is six and eight. They beat you, they did well. You you had them special teat you the wild special team activating you beat you.
Speaker 1: Go ahead at who's the other ones?
Speaker 5: Miami cos Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, co Sol he's I star quarterback. Then Atlanta is six and seven. They played tonight they beat the Brakes off. So of the other six and eight teams, how do you see the Cowboys and what Mike McCarthy's done. Okay, let's just look at the coaches, because you know one of my guys, yes, he said he's doing a real good job. You think about everything he's lost. You do a real good job.
Speaker 3: I'm just.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, right, you go ahead. What did your good friends say to you?
Speaker 6: So that's what I started to look at.
Speaker 5: Let's look at this because I just said it's Carolina. It's Carolina. Yeah, what about the other six and eight teams? So Kyle Shanahan six and eight right now, what do you think about the job he's done? This hit nobody way that he beat you handle?
Speaker 1: He's matching.
Speaker 5: Okay, you know the Natives are, by the way, they are restless in the West Coast, Kyle Shanahan.
Speaker 9: I mean, and they should be. But at the same time, he's dealing with some significant injuries as well. Hadn't had his running back off season, loses another running back, he's lost. You know, they signed a receiver, one of his top receivers, Silent, got to a contract and he's out. Defensively, they've been beat up. I mean, that's that's a lot. And then it's so crazy when people get this recncy biased thing down with Shanahan. The last five years, the last five Super Bowls, he's been at two of them. What are we talking about. You don't get a chance to reload red something, recalibrate something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: Dan Quinn too. Uh oh see out there for Atlanta. So so that's their six days change Styke in Indianapolis.
Speaker 1: It's a bad team. Yeah, they got quarterback.
Speaker 5: If you did a big time their quarterback issues and your boy Jonathan Taylor gonna run to the end zone and dropped all.
Speaker 1: He's a fact man.
Speaker 9: But I mean, if you're watching the football, you've seen that happen a couple of times. And that don't mean smart. It's the dumbest thing that you possibly could do a football. But I mean it's happened.
Speaker 6: I mean critical because we've been like twenty to seven had he scored.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think what's the what's.
Speaker 5: The celebration, Like, what's the difference between dropping it when you're already in and then just early dropping?
Speaker 1: Like what's the are you saying I'm good? I'm like, I don't get that. That's a defensive player. What would you what would you what would you do if you saw Taylor do that?
Speaker 12: He was If I'm on the same team as Taylor, I'm letting him know that was a dumb, you know what mistake?
Speaker 1: Like, what are you doing? Even though he's.
Speaker 12: Possibly probably the best player on the squad. You're not above everybody else as far as being accountable. But that was a stupid, dumb you know what mistake Like.
Speaker 5: You gotta let him know, so, Shane Stykeen Colts six and eight. Yeah, quarterback issues are crazy, Cincinnati, Jack Taylor, six and eight.
Speaker 1: It's a bad franchise defense trash. This is a bad bad team, soft team.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, but at the same time, you got a quarterback this out there that's putting up MVP numbers, putting up MVP numbers. You know, nobody want to pay attention to Joe Burrow and what he doing out there. Joe Burrows having a hell of a season with a bad team. Tell him that they won't help him. They won't help him.
Speaker 1: He's six and eight. But he is on the boat. He's on the island by himself. We saw it last week. He's not by himself now him and Chase about no, no, no, I fucking it out. They got an A and the King. After that, they got a bunch of got who like the seven. Yeah, this is what he got. Two in the possible depends on the head boys I'm talking about. But that possiblely ain't working.
Speaker 5: Against a good team T six six eight, Wow, all right, but there's six nights better than here, right, We're gonna.
Speaker 1: Yes, is better than here?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 1: It is because they beat you.
Speaker 6: They even if you he was right there coach sold six and eight Miami.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 12: I can't put my finger off because you got the players, and you know, if two was healthy all season, it might have been different.
Speaker 1: But then you look at last week. The two goes out there against Houston, it looks god awful, turns the ball over on a mits clip. Then he got bad.
Speaker 6: Then he got Raheem Morris first year out Atlanta, get Kirk Cousin.
Speaker 1: Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 6: But he beats you, breaks off of you. He did, so he's six.
Speaker 5: So then how do you look at Mike and what's happening? And do you look at these other coaches who are also right there in the same boat.
Speaker 1: Do you sign up for four more years of this?
Speaker 5: Is this a good You've got to measure it, guy, Yeah, Jerry even said we've got to measure it at the end of the year.
Speaker 1: Right now, how are you measuring it?
Speaker 9: I'm measuring it by you not having a good roster coming into this season by you having having a new defensive coordinator that dealt with a ton of injuries.
Speaker 1: I mean, you, what is it doomed from the from the start?
Speaker 9: You know, there were guys like Bear Church that sat in there and he told us that it is a nine and eight team, and it seemed it's starting to kind of look like that.
Speaker 1: But it was based off of the talent.
Speaker 9: H It was the talent on the team looking at the roster, and I mean, the injuries have been the great undoing of this team. When you sent me the text yesterday about Diggs, I could have just threw up.
Speaker 1: Man. It's like, how does this keep happening? I mean, what else? Who else?
Speaker 9: I mean, and you're not just losing you know, you're running the mill player, You're losing your star players. You're losing guys that we finally last week we're talking about getting blayd and Digs on the same field at the same time.
Speaker 1: It's like, we've never seen that. And now you're asking yourself, Hell, will you ever see it? Church?
Speaker 6: You had you had them nine and eight wildcard still had to make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still had them.
Speaker 12: But that's that's making the playoffs that's out the window, playoff wise, soft rebuilt.
Speaker 1: It's just it's wild. They still could go down in eight.
Speaker 5: They ain't going down the man, they still ain't because they ain't gonna beat Philly and depending on what wife Washington clinchers, they might be resting starters.
Speaker 1: So maybe, but I don't. I don't see it anymore. But it's crazy. It's like the roller coaster.
Speaker 12: Because if we're being honest, man dead honest, we look at the whole season, not just these past couple games.
Speaker 5: Before cast was getting injured, then this team didn't look good. Do we forget what the Saints did to this Dean week two? Did we forget what Baltimore came in it did to this team. You got a couple of injuries, and yeah, that's hurt a lot because since Michael Parkson has been back, that defense has picked it up a lot. But overall, I mean, we're looking at this team like, man, they were killing teams until the injury started. That's not the case. I will give Mark Mike McCarthy this credit. The team has not given up on him and they're fighting for him, so I will give him credit when.
Speaker 1: That comes to that.
Speaker 5: Now, as a defensive player. They started off rough new defense, and we spoke about it. The carpenter doesn't have his tools, so Zimmer didn't have his tools. He has figured something out here. You got six sacces yesterday, you get four turnovers against Cincinnati. That was a good defensive job. You've got Micah back here. Clearly we see that he makes a difference. So when you say, hey, man, how did you start here? You're right it didn't start good. But isn't coaching about being able to look at what do I have? Where are my warts? And making making things look better?
Speaker 1: Is it saying no?
Speaker 5: I mean, in my eyes, I think that's okay. Green Bay last year was rough for a minute. Then at the end we saw them get it done. So I look at to me, that's just me. I look at it right there. But six and eight right now? Are you ready to say, let's bring it back with Mike McCarthy. Let's go to a break, marinate on it, man, because I got this man. We talked about, you talk about a start, we talk about all the way the week. Let's let's go ahead with Barry Church or Harrison structs Players Lounge brought to you by a restaurant game on Dallas Cabs dot Com.
Speaker 13: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on a off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Gambling problem.
Speaker 13: Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 14: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 15: Pruscott kitchen slides for the.
Speaker 14: First down, investlate your icons where everyone is a rookiecrypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 15: My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle.
Speaker 14: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 13: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal He's a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wpball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 2: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan.
Speaker 1: Of the Year, Go Cowboys back to the players Lounge.
Speaker 9: The most electrifying event of the holiday season is here. Cowboys Christmas Extravaganz up Howard by relying his back at the Star in Frisco. Join us every Friday and Saturday night from November twenty second through December twenty first for the spectacular holiday show with the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, Rhythm in Blue, Rowdy Santa Claus had a surprise tree lighting appearance from your favorite Cowboys heroes. Best of all, the show is free. For details, visit the Star District dot com. Don't miss out on the holiday match.
Speaker 1: Free pre free, free, free, free, Thank you.
Speaker 5: Hegmherson brought to by Aristocrat gaming heck Ma Harrison, Barry charge Safety. I am new he scrugs. So Cowboys is six and eight. They get themselves a thirty to fourteen win at Carolina. They were underdogs. They are now sixty and eight. They still are mathematically in the playoff race. They will play Sunday Place Sunday Night on NBC No flex you know, flex flex to Mike McCarthy's Big Mike with a shot, got a shot against the first place Buccaneers and Todd Bowsey. They keep trying to fire Todd. They keep trying to run by that Todd is resputing he out here. I'm still winning, Todd, Todd, Baker Mayfield, id your boy Justin Herbert shaking bank first place, Tampa Bay Buccaneers against the Cowboys.
Speaker 9: I can't wait till we talk about this team. Like y'all know, I don't have no other boys. All right, Cowboys my team, But I have some teams that I admire. Tampa is one of them. But you like tam I like Tampa. I like l A the rams La and Tampa's good coaches.
Speaker 1: Your coach out there.
Speaker 5: So back to our conversation, let's talk about these six and eight Cowboys.
Speaker 1: You you want, you want justice for Mike McCarthy. I'm just keeping it anything less, that's not me. Yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: John's coming?
Speaker 6: So yeah, so that Papa John.
Speaker 1: NBC trying to trick you.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I'm trying to look at the you know, how to play the video.
Speaker 5: I was looking at the video of the line because the line breaking was the lines was running back Montgomery for the season defensive coordinator, and then that video hit.
Speaker 1: I had like that and hit anyway, Sorry, what.
Speaker 3: Was you know? You know?
Speaker 1: Shout John Chacarone Charron. That's all like talk team.
Speaker 5: So Mike mccarr the six and eight Barry is apparently wanting justice when you get what you deserve.
Speaker 1: It's just the truth. It's just what it is.
Speaker 9: Like, go ahead ahead, I just do you get any good will from twelve and five seasons?
Speaker 1: Do you get any good will from that? Three of them? Three? Twelve and five?
Speaker 9: Do you get any Does anything in those twelve and five season say to you that Mike McCarthy turned this offense around after relieving Kellen Moore and first in the NFL in offense, he has won a playoff game? Is there any good will there for Mike? Are you just basically saying, even with the injuries, even with the lack of talent on this roster, it's still coaching malpractice and he was the reason and you need a different voice in here now.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna say it's malpractice. I think Mike McCarthy's a hell of a coach.
Speaker 12: Like we're gonna keep it a being, He's a hell of a coach, twelve and five Super Bowl champ. I'm not gonna take any of that away from him. But I go back to what new he told us at the beginning of all this before he came up in here, what was the man here brought here to do? He was brought here to get this team over the hump and get him past a divisional round because he is a super Bowl winning coach and he was supposed to lead a guy that's going to be able to take this roster who had multiple opos. WA ain't talking about he took over a roster like Chicago's or something like that. This guy got a roster and was supposed to be able to get this team over the hump. And it just hasn't happened yet. I mean, that's just just just what it is.
Speaker 1: What it is. It hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 5: You've had those twelve and five seasons, you had those shots to be able to get over the hump, and it hasn't happened yet yet.
Speaker 12: It hasn't happened yet. Now that's when it came down to five year contract. It is up, so it's like, do you want to run it back and see what can happen?
Speaker 9: And you're saying, if you run it back, you're gonna run it back to a little bit of the same from what you see in the Dallas Cowboys this year are from the Dallas Cowboys in those twelve and five seasons.
Speaker 5: I think you'll even when he runs it back, he'll have a better roster next year, for I believe so he'll have a better roster next year.
Speaker 12: So he may get back to those twelve and five teams. He may get back to having all those all pros.
Speaker 5: But what evidence do we have that once this team gets to the playoffs that he can be able to get what other coaches haven't been able to get out of this team. Do we have the evidence of that? No, We've gone to the playoffs multiple times, and what has happened. You stepped into the playoffs. You won against Tampa Bay.
Speaker 1: I'll give you that. You have to win against Tampa Bay.
Speaker 5: But other than that, it's been it's been a no shown like you're going into these games and it's not like, man, you lost by field goal or man, it was hard fought contest and this, that.
Speaker 1: And the other.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: Now, great, okay, so you stand on that then right now, so Church is standing on it's not good enough.
Speaker 1: Make a chance.
Speaker 5: Contract is up. Thank you very much, or appreciate your five years. Let's go different well place. Therein lies the challenge for all these teams where we see six to seven openings every year, where do you go, because oh, by the way, it can and usually does get worse, usually does yeah before better Because it's hard, it is. Hiring a coach is one of the hardest things to do in business. It just as you go by every sport, Hey we made this change, and now we're better off of me. For most teams, the improvements almost never happened, that is true.
Speaker 9: I just like I look at Mike McCarthy and I look at where he is and the games that he's won, and the guys that are currently coaching, and where he ranks amongst his peers, and he's tops amongst them, and it's like even those things don't get brought up. Even you talk about the playoff win against Tampa Bay. That was the Tampa Bay team that won the Super Bowl the year before your de thrown the champion. That doesn't get talked about and Tampa You could talk about the guys that you drafted that didn't work out in the first round and some of those other picks, but you don't come back to the All pros and the other guys.
Speaker 1: That you pick like it's to me, is it is?
Speaker 9: It is so curious to me how people in the in the national, in the Dallas media disrespect Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 1: They don't.
Speaker 9: He's not getting the mulligan for this year at all. And everything that he does. And the thing that to me that may be his great undoing is the penalties that team. Last look, you said they hadn't quit on them. But when I see these penalties, I go, I know, if anybody's driving crazy's got to be driving Mike crazy, because that's not something that he's coaching. Like those things he knows they're drive killers. It's making you look bad as a coach when you get down into the red zone and you.
Speaker 1: Turn the ball over.
Speaker 9: I mean, who what team you know lacks concentration and execution when you get into the red zone.
Speaker 1: That's usually a coaching thing.
Speaker 9: And so to me, like I'm saying, like even in this position that he's in with the musical chairs at the offensive line, this running game is starting to turn this way around. Like he is doing the best of whatever he has in the cupboards right now. He's doing the best damn job he can with what he has, and I think as you go through you narrate this whole entire season, the injuries that he's had to deal with is going to be his great doing.
Speaker 1: If he's not here, that's where you look for the mercy.
Speaker 6: You're providing mercy Church, you want justice.
Speaker 5: And my question always is with these anyone who's trying to make a move, where are you going to go next?
Speaker 1: Jets? Where are you going next? Saints?
Speaker 5: Where are you going to go? What's the strategy? Because it's easy just fire people? Where do you go next?
Speaker 1: And I don't know what.
Speaker 5: Who's the obvious candidate? And if you want to bring up Ben Johnson, the coordinator with Detroit and you talk about his list of what he wants fifteen million dollars and the person that's not here, Bill Belichick, is now coaching in North Carolina Brad Poardyve Bill, are you.
Speaker 1: Going to yes?
Speaker 6: Are you going to hire a first time head coaching Aaron Glenn?
Speaker 5: Are you going to say you know what, Hey, Mike Zimmer, we like what you did from defense, Go ahead, become the head coach because I know you.
Speaker 1: Why do you say no to them? Yeah? It's out of the football. Ain't even top dodge now isn't.
Speaker 5: So why don't we move that up once again? You didn't get a carpenters tools?
Speaker 1: What you mean? So he so he wasn't the guy that brought in Phillips. He wasn't a guy that brought in That's how they had. They gave him a stipend. They gave him. They said, look, you can find everything that you can, but it's got to be with this number on it. So they didn't give They didn't give McCarthy his tools. What makes you think they're gonna give you some of his tools next but the next the next No, that's boom, that's my bag. I'm with you, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I just.
Speaker 9: They're gonna have to give somebody this tools that they expect for him to be successful.
Speaker 1: Somebody gonna have to give him.
Speaker 5: Let's dive in a couple of topics here, and then after this break, Michael Parson's addressed poss with trade rumors. Mmm, how do we feel about the Heisman Trophy vote? And we got to pick the Monday night game here he was right, Okay that game, will y'all don't see me?
Speaker 3: Hey, Danny mccrane here for Smoothie King. You know, every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut, and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey.
Speaker 1: Drizzle with two new flavors.
Speaker 3: It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after.
Speaker 1: You leave the track.
Speaker 3: Scoop up new coconut smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 16: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gearing enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yetti's insulated Colster Kingkuler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. Yetti Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 17: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a Boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash hugo Boss, Hugo Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag Beer Own Boss.
Speaker 15: Raising Caines presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cutfries, texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation, and Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of canes when it comes to winning game day Canes rules Raising Canes Chicken Fingers one.
Speaker 1: Love Go Cowboys to the players, Loude.
Speaker 9: Capture a frameworthy family holiday photo with Santa at the Star presented by Monument Realty. Santa will be spreading holiday chair at his Cowboy themed cottage in the Star District from November twenty second through the December twenty fourth. For more information and to book your visit, head to the Stardistrict dot com slash Santa.
Speaker 5: Heg Maharrison in the house He's Bury Church instructs players linchpot you by Richard rat gam So. After the game, Michaeh Parson was asked about an NFL Network report saying that the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Could trade him in the off.
Speaker 5: Season, and Micah said, this business. He understands wants to be here. Obviously, we all know he's up for a massive contract. Steven Jones said, you know what, we want Michael here.
Speaker 1: We like him.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: One of my reporter buddies.
Speaker 6: Said, hey, man, Jerry's the last one holding on.
Speaker 1: And I just laughed and I just said this.
Speaker 6: Anybody think Khalil Max a good football player?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a damn good football player.
Speaker 5: Does he want to player d you the Player of the Award? What did the Raiders get for him? And have they done anything since he left ten not I.
Speaker 1: It's the Khalil Matt curse.
Speaker 9: Ain't nothing, you know, Okay, so you get rid of it. Good, MaTx Crosby is good. Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Mats s. Crosby is good too. I'm just I'm just I just want to make sure I say that, because that's that's Gotta says.
Speaker 5: It was, Hey, we don't want to pay this man, John Grews, And we don't pay this man, and go move and go trade?
Speaker 1: What did you get with it?
Speaker 5: So people have to say, I know, if you're you've seen yours, your your social media pages, Oh trade him and get picks.
Speaker 1: What do you need? What's the guarantee that those picks are going to be anything?
Speaker 14: Like?
Speaker 12: If they you might get a starter or two. But you're talking about a guy that's he's on a legendary arc right now. I mean, this is a guy that you saw as soon as he gets back from those injuries, how much he impacts the game and turns it over for your.
Speaker 1: Defense like this.
Speaker 12: We're not talking about a guy that you know is a flash player up and down, he's you know, great ceiling low for We're talking about a guy that's a game changer at one of the Markey positions on the football field. Not you know, a safety or a linebacker. This is a guy that rushes the passer and does it. I'd say top three in the National Football League. So that's a guy that you build around, like an age rusher or a quarterback. Those are the two guys, in my opinion, that you want to build your franchise around. And you got a special one in Michael Parsons. Is the tab going to be outrageous, of course it is. It should be the guy. He deserves it, so you don't trade that for possibilities which you never know. You never know, so to me, it would make no sense to trade partiers. He's just too much of an impact player. This is a waste of oxygen.
Speaker 9: And this is what they call dumb sports talk when you talk about trading Michael Parsons, it is Yeah, look seventeen multi sack games and when you look at the trajectory of other guys' careers, these are amongst the greats that have played the game. He has won away from Tying Richard didn't played for the Chicago Bears. You don't remember him. He was really good, Uh, and it's also and also a Hall of Famer. But this is what happens, man, when you give people, you know, fantasy football, man, fantasy football, it's it's some guy and nowhere Nebraska that's on his phone talk about trade Mazie and trade Micah and get these tracks.
Speaker 1: Trade. I'm telling I'm just his PFF grade is dumb. Dumb man, I'm.
Speaker 5: Telling you right now, these reports and some of the people who are coming up with them, as I talk to other folks, they're saying, there are folks in this building who are saying this about openly talking about So it's not some dude in the basement these this is being picked up from some folks in the building. I go back into the simple thing. Michael Parsons is a blue chip player. How many blue chip players are on this team? After Michael Parson one?
Speaker 1: Your kicker? But yeah, kicker, man, that's it.
Speaker 9: Did you know he was anybody talking about that with Zach Martin when Zach Martin was in his prime? Did anybody talk about, you know, trading Zach Martin. Was there ever any trade rumors for Zach Martin during this time? Any Tyrems Smith when Tyron Smith was in his prime. Was anybody saying it.
Speaker 1: You know, I just I think it's weird.
Speaker 9: I think it's weird that you find the player, you go into the draft, you draft a guy, he turns out to be exactly what you need him to be. Oh and by the way, he's a force multiplier. Here's a guy that can play anywhere on the defense. And every team in the NFL that comes up against the Dallas Cowboys are trying to find where number eleven is. It's not fifty, is the mic. It's saying there's number eleven. It's not the mic. It's not fifty is the mic. There's number eleven. Eleven is over here. Okay, that's because you gotta know where he is. Every game plan when you play against the Dallas Cowboys is to stop Micah on defense. Now, the problem is is we talk about free agents and all of this stuff. We can't waste any money on players that are maybe we need guys that can actually do it. And that's why I'm saying Jay Lou has to come back because he's a bona five piece who can play with Micah is the question.
Speaker 5: So we're all in agreement, We're all in agreement, Heisman trophy goes to Travis Hunt of Colorado.
Speaker 1: Are we in agreement? I saw the man.
Speaker 5: I saw the man play the first game in Colorado. Came out to TCU. I talked to Dennis Thurman, who was with them at Jackson State and was his defensive coordinator and then he was a college Lado and he just said, yeah, and I remember this kid, Josh Newton played for the Bengals. Now, they had the old press confers beforehand, and at the press conference end, he looks around and says the media, Oh, you're not gonna ask me about it?
Speaker 1: Oh Travis Hunter? Yeah yeah, let's talk about Trav. I'm ready.
Speaker 5: Then then that's like, hey, guys don't know that he went out there and gave it to him Son gave it David to them. Dude play both ways on a hot day, hot day.
Speaker 1: And then watched chandel More trying to test it because they were up there.
Speaker 6: So these kids was up there and you know, letting kids get all drunk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, you had over Randy watch this.
Speaker 6: It was right there goal line.
Speaker 1: He threw it. Travis, Travis picked that thing. He got up who said it? I saw that everybody got Hunting. It was thirsty, he said. It put on the sews.
Speaker 5: They live here, and in the press conference they asked, Sonny Dikes, you know, was your team cramping up?
Speaker 1: Travis Hunaway cramping up? Went both ways.
Speaker 5: I never seen nothing like that. So that was the first time I saw this man play, and he's continued to do this. He won the Heisman trophy. I know ast Gent said, I felt like I should have walked away with it. But when's the last time we've seen anyone play both ways like that? And by the way, the Thorpe ward should be embarrassing, ashamed of them. Write an apology letter.
Speaker 9: Every year every year, the Thorpe, the Balitnikov, all of the somehow they find a way to fumble these situations right here.
Speaker 1: But this is bad, and this is bad.
Speaker 9: And I told y'all before I called Ashton Genty's games when he played it at Frisco Long Star, he was amazing as a running back.
Speaker 1: Should have never left the state. I don't know how he ended up going to Boise.
Speaker 9: His his loyalty in the transfer of portal Era Era kept him at Boising. Kudos to him because he could have gone somewhere else. His numbers are astronomical and crazy, but people are always gonna say who did you play against? And not many people are up watching boys football when he's playing his games. But there's nothing not to take anything away from Travis. I just want to say how great this year has been. But I ain't never seen anything like Travis Hunter, and that's he is something different when it comes down to playing the game.
Speaker 1: Of football and being able to play on both sides of the field. Now you being a form of pro do you think that he could do that in the pros? Yes? Man, he can have packages packed all you know.
Speaker 12: I get you some package here on offensive side of football, like Dion back in the day.
Speaker 1: But you can't tell me.
Speaker 12: You're gonna go from hitting Derrick Henry one playing and then two seconds later you got lineup and plays.
Speaker 1: That's not That's not gonna happen.
Speaker 12: I mean, guys in this league are too good, so he can have packages in lead. But I personally I think he could be an unreal corner.
Speaker 1: He just has.
Speaker 5: He has the ball skills already, athleticism. He just got to get somebody to fine tune his technique. Other than that, this guy's limbited at the corner position. From me, I mean he got all the athletic ability, long rangey strong, not afraid to put his nose in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. To me, it's spot gotta be corner.
Speaker 5: All right, money football, Let's go Chicago at Minnesota. Give me Minnesota thirty one sixteen Church, Yeah.
Speaker 12: Give me Minnesota. I need a huge came out of Sam darnald Man Fantasy on the ropes.
Speaker 1: This might be my time's going.
Speaker 9: Oh, I need a bit. I'll get me forty five twenty eight in my time. This might be I can show a little brilliance here, Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Show me.
Speaker 9: I'm going I'm going twenty eight. I'm going twenty eight thirteen, you go twelve.
Speaker 5: Atlanta Kirk Cousins. They lost four in a Vegas against Antonio Pierce.
Speaker 1: Hecma, mister under twelve. This is this is it right here. This is the game. This is the game, the game.
Speaker 9: It's the one right Vegas got show me, Noah, I'm gonna go ahead and go with Atlanta on this.
Speaker 1: Can folk.
Speaker 9: Anna give me? Go ahead, ki, folks, and I'm gonna go. I'll go twenty, I go twenty to nine, twenty nine.
Speaker 5: On the Folk's in Vegas, Vegas. Yeah, yeah, give me Kim folks. He needs it bad magazine. They already perpendix. Man, boy, give me, give me Kim folks. Do it twenty one to fourteen.
Speaker 1: Do it twenty four to sixteen Falcon So God told you, yo, man, I told you was only rushed for thirty.
Speaker 6: Two yards because that obio.
Speaker 1: That's why.
Speaker 3: O. No, you.
Speaker 1: This guy right here, he's something he's talking about. O yo with your size clean YEO. I thought I thought roll Tied have something for he ain't had that.
Speaker 5: Oh that's why you go bring me coffee back Bil Brazilien rooted, carpeted with the tools, the slow, the slogan, rooted, rooted.
Speaker 6: It is bable Harrison here on a Monday.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's why. That's why you enjoy the show. Wow, enjoyed the show. It's a wild show, wild show. New he strikes the next thing you know about Cole years.
Speaker 4: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club