Speaker 1: It's I Do Part two. I'm one of your celebrity mentors, Jen Fessler from the Real Housewives of New Jersey and the podcast Two Jersey Jays, and I am once again joined by my dear friend, fellow mentor and housewives along Kelly Bensimon, Hike, Shan Hi, and today we have an incredible guest. You guys have watched her. It's true. It's true. She's giggling, but she knows it's true. You guys have watched her for years on the Real Housewives of Orange County, where she is so loved, she has loved and she has lost, and now she's opening up herself to love again. On Bravo's Love Hotel, of course, we are talking about the one and only Shannon shut the door Door. Wow, Hi, Shannon, Hi, how are you? We're so happy to see you.
Speaker 2: Yellow survive jendad not get the memo.
Speaker 1: It's now it's fun to No, Yes, they're both of these beautiful women are in yellow and yeah, we are so exciting. Kelly and I keep talking about the fact that we are expectations for Love Hotel. For whatever reason, maybe because there are so many dating shows. Love Hotel has far exceeded my expectations. Kelly, you say the same thing.
Speaker 2: And also I was on a dating show and I was and this you guys. First of all, you look like you're having so much fun. You are having so much fun. We had Ashley on. I love her so much. You're obviously with when and you know Giselle, who is dropped dead gorgeous. So you guys are having the best time. And then you have all your friends come on as well, I mean, and then you have like all these different things that happen, you know, episode to episode that are so good. It's really great.
Speaker 1: It's fun, it's fun to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really fun. And you look gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: No really, and I'm not really big with the compliments. You look really really, really spectacular.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I can tell you that first of all, the place I love Grand VELAs. That hotel is beautiful.
Speaker 2: Oh you've been.
Speaker 1: I've been there. I've been there, and they have three different locations. It's an all inclusive. That's all we used to go to with our kids because they're Gavones. I think that is the expression. I'm a govone, I should say. Also, anyway, a bone. When you just eat, They just eat and they have no concept when they were little, like oh, I have a virgin mud slide, and like each virgin mudslide is you know, fifteen dollars. So we'd decided on all inclusives.
Speaker 2: It's so much better.
Speaker 1: But anyway, this is not about my kids. Yes, but we want to talk about what's going on over there, and I am dying to no secrets. I know you're probably not gonna be able to disclose, but what happened with ear All?
Speaker 2: Wait before we talk about what happened with e All? Can I just can I just set the stage. If you have not watched Loved to Hotel, you have to watch Love Hotel because the way that you come across on Love Hotel is spectacular. And I really want to know what happened worth All. We definitely want to know that. But before we get into that, why did you want to go on Love Hotel?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I was asked to go a couple months before, and I think I replaced somebody, so I wasn't in the initial initial cast, but I got a DUI and it was a really difficult year for me, and so I made about to focus on myself and I didn't date, and I'm a relationship girl, like I usually not single and not a big dater, and so I thought, this is kind of like perfect timing. It's been a year. I've been single for a year, and let me try. What I thought too, is like, Okay, who am I going to meet that's going to want to be in our television show. I've been down that road before, whether you say, oh, I don't want to be famous.
Speaker 1: And then you know they want to about that.
Speaker 3: So I said to myself, I'm just going to go and have fun. You really didn't expect to have, you know, a connection with it.
Speaker 1: That's probably the best way to go into any situation. If you're dating, I would say, like is have no experts, expect probably to not meet anyone, and expect to just make friends, and then you become everything is that the stakes are so much lower and you can relax, have a good time and here we are.
Speaker 3: Well, it's it's insane. The friendships that I have maintained since the show. The guys are really tight. They have a regular really I think once a month.
Speaker 2: You can see that they were really Yeah.
Speaker 3: The first eight guys they call themselves the lead eight and.
Speaker 1: That's really cute.
Speaker 3: So I see I see quite a few of them, and the girls especially, we have this bond, you know, we were we called it a little bit of a social experiment because we didn't really know what we were walking into, you know, being the first season.
Speaker 1: Did you know the girls?
Speaker 3: Well, so I did Project Runway with Giselle and Luanne, and of course we've met through the years, right and they met Ashley briefly. So we just you know, we really enjoyed each other. We supported each other, We laughed a lot, and you know, it's we have a great one.
Speaker 1: I think that was part of it is it was so refreshing to see a group of housewives. There was no drama. Drama maybe with the guy whatever, but there was simply camaraderie and like the sisterhood. It was really cool.
Speaker 3: It was fun to watch, Thank you, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It's so different than from what we see normally.
Speaker 3: Well, I think also what I like about the show is that we're older, so we're not just some young people that everyone has a story. So I think there was just a little.
Speaker 1: We talked about that with Ashley. At least, I feel like we are more interested maybe in like as opposed to The Bachelor. We love the Golden Bachelor. Yes, that's a whole other topic. Yes, for a different episode. We did love that show. But I think that I'm loving shows about with dating at my age, even though whatever, I'm not single. But you know, it's I think the characters quote unquote are so much more complex and interesting. And I'm sure that young people don't feel that way, but for someone like me and everybody I know, I love watching you come to the table with all your baggage and all of their baggage and knowing yourself so much better than we did when we were twenty one.
Speaker 2: Thing I thought too that I really loved is that you were sitting there and you said, I don't like to date. I like to be in relationships. Can you talk to that?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I'm going to say today, I'm liking being single, and that's for me, that's growth because I always identified with the relationship that I was in. You know, I like only having to worry about myself right now and making choices for my.
Speaker 1: Same man's sister.
Speaker 3: So that's kind of nice. Yeah, you know, after the Love Hotel, you know, I well, I can't. I can't say anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you can. As soon as the mics go off.
Speaker 2: Right exactly soon as the myco off, We're gonna have like an after doog. So when you were on the show, was it like going on the show? Was it like a revenge for you? Or you were just like, Okay, now I'm going to show everyone, like, obviously, how great you look. Obviously like you have the most incredible demeanor. You're like the loveliest human. Like I literally I was like almost crying last night when I was watching you. I was like, oh my god, You're just such a giving human, like choked up. I was really impressed. So was it like a revenge for you? Were we trying to prove something like?
Speaker 3: No, no, you know a real house. I was of Orange County last season was airing when we filmed the show, and you know, it was a lot. It was hard to watch back last season for me. So it was an amazing distraction for me to be in Mexico for almost a month.
Speaker 2: Distraction not destruction.
Speaker 3: Distraction. Yeah yeah, So I'm not I'm not focusing on Orange County. I'm just going to have a good Well.
Speaker 1: I will tell you that although you weren't in it for the revenge. I feel like a lot of the viewers that love you, we're very satisfied by this whole experience, and they experience and they got their events, So you did good work.
Speaker 2: I have to go back to that one scene again because it's just like my one of my favorite scenes where you are sitting there with Earl in your bedroom or on the couch, and you know, it seems to the viewer and you're going to be like, here's your note, thanks, but no thanks, and then you dropped this amazing bomb and I just was I just thought that the time and the effort that you put in to that was just so thoughtful.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you, you know.
Speaker 2: And then the dynamic change, it was like a shift. It was like all of a sudden, it was like pivot.
Speaker 3: Right right, because we were kind of in an iffy spot and I feel bad about the vegetables comment. But anyways, but wait why I came across a little bit harsh and Earle and I had a banter like we would tease each other. So in my head when you said I don't eat vegetable, and I'm I thinking, oh, got to add that to the earl list.
Speaker 1: You know, I listen, it came out. It came out like it was just both of you don't at that point, didn't know each other well enough, and so the band to no one knows who's being serious, who's being cutting, Maybe she's not, maybe he's not. And it felt like you guys just missed the mark.
Speaker 3: Well. I mean, he there was much more to the conversation, but he said all he needed to do, and I explained this to him at the table. All you needed to do is lean in and say, hey, I feel like you're criticizing me. I would have said, oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that, and then it would have ended like it wouldn't have got to this big place.
Speaker 1: In you know, you guys were you guys were in it and out of it.
Speaker 3: Though I didn't think that I would be crying on the show, but I do a couple of times.
Speaker 2: So but that's so great too. I thought, you're really let your guard down. I mean, you know, again, like back to Jen's comment about being you know, watching a Real Housewives, is that you know everyone's guard is so up, you know what I mean, Like everyone feels like a cat in the corner. But you guys are really like the camaraderie between all of you guys, like the relationship between like them, like with the way and like how she's befriending these guys and like basically telling them what to do. I feel like you have really good advice though, I feel like you're like the advice girl.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, thank you. I it was when I met Earl. He was not my first choice, but I liked Ralph from.
Speaker 1: Like just like seeing all of them.
Speaker 3: He's more my type. But Earle was so vulnerable and talking about his wife had passed away and you know, and how he'd wanted to have kids. And then as we went on another date when Ralph didn't pick me, you know, he was talking about the step son that he had and all he wanted to do was have children and he wasn't able to and that broke my heart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, I mean that's very you've had that. Actually you're in the middle of this dating show and that's what you're thinking about, right, So which is that is?
Speaker 2: I don't know you, but I love you.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: I'm like everyone knows I'm like Shannon's biggest fan president fan Club.
Speaker 1: I mean i'm vice president.
Speaker 2: Yes, Well do I know her longer? I'm av I know her longer.
Speaker 1: Yes. So I didn't see you with Earl when you guys, when it first started happening, I was like, I'm not I'm not feeling this. I don't see it. I don't understand how this is. I can't see the connection. Not that it matters what I see, but I just wasn't feeling it for you guys. And but I will say that, like.
Speaker 2: It seemed very cold. He didn't. You're very warm, and he seems.
Speaker 1: Just so different, just so different. You and you guys called him simple, which I wonder if he took offense to that.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 1: By the way, Earl, I know you mean the best way.
Speaker 3: Pearl called himself simple. By the time he would say I'm a simple man, in my response would always be I'm not a not so simple girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, though, I will tell you this, I watched it, and I thought a lot of in a way my own relationship because my husband is also a simple man. I hope he's not listening. He might admit it. I don't know, but he really is. He is simple. He is simple. My husband is so easy to please, So go with the flow. There's no drama. Does that mean I'm interested? No, it doesn't. Sorry, Cal, I have to rethink my whole philosophy. But my point is that, like, sometimes you need just that sort of I think at this point in my life, if something would happen between me and my husband, I would want peace and I would want simple I don't need. I am such a right freaking mess and like in whatever in a nice way, I suppose, but I really am a hot mess, and I'm always my anxieties and my issues, and I would want a man who I could just lean not and who is a rock and solid, And I think that would attract me.
Speaker 2: You're not dating, but you're looking for a relationship. And you have the most beautiful daughters. And I always say, and Jenna and I say this together is like we always judge said, I don't like to judge people, but I judge mothers. Like if you have great kids, then I'm like, Okay, you've put the time and the effort into your children. And your daughters are lovely, thank you, so well mannered, well raised, so ell agaant just beautiful. So they're dating. You're dating, did you guys talk about dating at home over like Sunday dinner.
Speaker 3: Like no, not really. But they were horrified that when I said it was going to be on the show, because they're like, mom, you could embarrass us.
Speaker 1: And listen, those girls have been through a lot. I mean I could see that they are. They probably also want you to pick someone just for the peace of it all.
Speaker 3: Right, right, well they want I think at one point Sophie says, I want someone that will take care of my mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that, which is so sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah about crying.
Speaker 3: You know, they're great. They're great girls, and you know, I I'm sure I did embarrass that might tell them that's my job as a mother.
Speaker 1: They came on the show, I mean they must have had I'm sure that they were amazing. Yeah, they were amazing. And they also they came and they came on though you didn't have to I'm assuming been there in their arm. Did they want to come on the show.
Speaker 3: And I mean, I'm they were appro so they did. I have another daughter that was living in Paris. I was too far for her to count, right, but I would have had all three there.
Speaker 2: So what do you think was like the best question that they asked, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I think it's do you think that you could deal with my mom's world?
Speaker 2: I remember that scene.
Speaker 1: Okay, so how do I put this tactfully? If he was the type of guy who had a six pack and was tan, would it have bothered you? Because in my view, you're on a boat, you know, everybody is takes off their shirt, and I saw that you were a little bothered. And I it's not a nice question, but I can't always be nice. So was it partially that you just you thought that because he was an older man without you know, the bronze or off.
Speaker 3: I'm a little more buttoned up than other people. I'm pretty conservative, so but I Ralph did have his shirt unrettoned as well. Applause to earle that he feels comfortable enough to have a shirt. And I wasn't the only one commenting, but he was also.
Speaker 2: He was he had his shirt open and was dancing. I saw a little yeah movie.
Speaker 1: I mean, I get it. I'm not saying that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, All is a big personality, you know, and I just I didn't want to really, you know, do the moves.
Speaker 1: No, listen, there's cringe. There's always a cringe. Fact when you're getting to know someone and you're on high alert for that. So I do absolutely get that. I think I felt it was a little cringey too. But I'm just asking you because I'm picturing if, like, what's the gorgeous guy that Ashley was, what's his name, walle Walle waleh without his shirt on? Would have seemed very natural to me, you know what I.
Speaker 3: Mean, I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 2: My take was that he felt really comfortable with you at that time, and so he was just like loving life and that's what my take.
Speaker 3: Was, and comfortable with everyone else income to go with the cameras filming.
Speaker 1: And oh my god, and by way be comfortable.
Speaker 3: I didn't remember doing a confessional and saying like whatever, all the stuff that, but making all the comments about it.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny because when you watch back confessionals, I mean, you guys have both done it way more than I have. But I always am like so hard on myself and the stuff that comes out of mind, I shouldn't have, I couldn't have, a wouldn't have, And the truth is, like from I think when I'm watching, like I didn't see it as that harsh at all show like I don't.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just being honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I appreciate that because like in all my confessionals, from like day one, I was I've always been like just totally honest, absolutely, like you know, if you like me or you don't like me, I'm just going to tell the truth.
Speaker 3: This is how it's It's funny. I think it was my third season. We had a new producer and he was asking me the questions for the confessional and I answer right away, and then my right leg would tap and he goes, what's with the leg tap? And the cameraman said, that's what Shannon does. And it's because I answer right off the cuff, I don't think about what I'm saying, and then afterwards I'm like, oh god, what did I say that sentence apart? Sometimes they'll do that.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why you've been a housewife for this long? Yeah, exactly, you have. Well there are many reasons, but you haven't. You know, you don't edit yourself.
Speaker 2: So everyone's watched out for Shannon's leg tap. That's like, let's talk about dating advice. Who gives you the best dating advice? Is it your friends, your daughters, like, who do you think gives you like the best?
Speaker 3: I don't really, I don't. I don't know because I don't. I don't really date, I mean relationship. You know that. I I know that. For me, I'm looking for someone I don't have a lot this laundry list of things I need. I want to be with someone that has a kind heart, that is intelligent and funny because I like to laugh, and has strong family values and successful. It's not we're too old all of us. My mantra is I can contribute, but I cannot take on any new bodies.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: So you know I'm gonna take that.
Speaker 1: No, listen, in an ideal world, I think, I mean, it'd be great. I'm sure to have the load lightened as well, right, I mean you carry a lot of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean I've been single now for you know, I think eight years so and I take care of myself LANDA seven. You're a yeah, can.
Speaker 1: You fathom like actually enjoy the process of dating like I think if I was single right now, I could I could enjoy it? Oh?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: I have just super outgoing though.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I mean I'm not going with like what your things like, I'm outgoing with things that I have to do. But if it's my choice of all choices, I'll be home like watching Love Hotel like.
Speaker 1: Me too, And I hear that, so what I but like maybe because I feel like I am older and so it's like it's probably not gonna work lists. Just have a good time. Maybe we'll end up friends. Maybe you'll know someone, maybe I'll know someone for you.
Speaker 2: That's what you gave me, that advice. Actually, yeah, it's good advice. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Oftentimes.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, I just I I have never been I don't I don't believe I've ever been a priority in a relationship. So I want to be someone's priority. You know, they can of course have children, but I like that the children.
Speaker 1: That's what you're talking about either. I'm sure you're talking about like being made to feel important and yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I can completely empathize with that. And you know, you're such a beautiful mother, and I'm like, I'm actually it's getting it's making me emotional because you are such a beautiful human and I can tell by your kids, and you know, I also have felt like that for so long, Like I'm always like I just want to be the priority. I want the person to be like you're my person, right like I was always the wife, always taking care of everyone, always making sure everyone had everything, did everything right. So I completely empathize with you, and I'm sorry that you feel like that, and.
Speaker 3: You're a main character. You are a main character, right right, right, thank you. I mean, it's it's all good. And you know, of course I want to grow old with a partner and be part of a team. Of course I want that. But if I don't, you know what my life is. I don't think I've ever been happier, and I've been single, yes, I mean I was in such a dark place after my duy I didn't think that I would crawl out of it. And that's when I know I met you, Jenna. It was like a month or two two months after, just right after it happened.
Speaker 1: And you were almost considered not even going to Brava Kanu or not.
Speaker 3: They didn't want they didn't want me to go okay, and I convinced them I don't want to hide behind a rock. I want to address this head on, which is so and so take accountability for what happened. And I'm again like I say this all the time. There's not a day that goes by where I don't we live that day and thank God that I didn't hurt anyone. You know, I've learned so much about myself and I'm in a good place. So if I don't get that partner, uh, and I spend the rest of my life visiting my three girls and their future families, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no way to manifest when you get that partner. When not, it's like no, no, all positive.
Speaker 3: You know what I like? I as the new year hit, I said, I want to I'm going to focus continue to focus on me and to make for me to feel comfortable in my own skin and feel comfortable being on my own. It's a big deal for me.
Speaker 1: So do you like being alone?
Speaker 3: I didn't before, but it's kind of sometimes it's kind.
Speaker 1: Of nice, welcomed. Sometimes I love being alone. No, I think that that's also part of what the good stuff that comes from aging is like, right, I love.
Speaker 2: On yourself to be spend time with yourself. Yeah, but you know, I've not necessarily alone. It's like loving yourself to like.
Speaker 1: It's like not having anybody to answer to get out of here. Even my kids like there gone by. I like to just like have the house do my thing on my schedule.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll sleep in like, oh, I don't have to get out.
Speaker 1: Or answer to anyone, and nobody's looking at you saying why are you sleeping inso late?
Speaker 2: Or so? Who did you get along with the best? Was it Giselle, Jazelle.
Speaker 3: And Ashley? All of them?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Really all of them, but Gizelle and actually have known each other for years and they have this relationship. So I think that of all the women, I spent most most of my time with Luinn, but I love all all the girls.
Speaker 1: You just had to, Yeah, you had. There's something. There was a great energy between the four of you, and it was devoid of housewives, which was really really cool. Nobody was trying to get anybody, nobody was right. Everybody just seemed to me at least, like it was just love and support.
Speaker 2: And I'm actually glad that you and Luanne spent a lot of time together and got a long while because she is such a great wingman and she's such a great cheerleader as well.
Speaker 1: She is I'm sure she is all of that, but we are. I'm sorry what is going on with her what's with the ring? Shannon?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Come on, come on now, I'm going to see her later. This I can't take it. I have to know the group chats going.
Speaker 2: I have this this Real Housewives group chat. Isn't she on it? So?
Speaker 1: What is going on? Sad?
Speaker 2: I love the ring? It's a stunner.
Speaker 1: Well, Shannon is not going to tell me. You're going to tell me.
Speaker 2: Crickets after that? I just like, I love that ring. It's beautiful.
Speaker 3: No, okay, all right, I don't know she's not engaged.
Speaker 1: I mean it would it would have been like Sarah Page. It would have been like great pr for the show. Right, she's all of a sudden wearing a ring. I mean if I was me and I hadn't watched the show and I saw Lwayne walking around with the ring, I would immediately tune in, right right? I mean it's smart. But I love the one guy that.
Speaker 3: She I forget Mark Mark.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yes, Mark, very sweet, funny yeah from New York to tell us so one with that? Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, So I was with Mark last night and he told me that he asked you, what an aw date? Kelly?
Speaker 2: He did?
Speaker 3: Excuse me?
Speaker 2: Actually, that's incorrect. I took Lewande's advice, and Luanne told me she goes Kelly Darling, when you're going to a bar and you see a lot of gorgeous men, write down in the note a little question and send it with the bartender. So I was like, okay, So I did it, and it was Mark. He comes, get the hell out of here, like literally one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: He went out a couple of times.
Speaker 2: He went at once he came over, he came over to me. We were talking and then he's like, yeah, I'm on Love Hotel. I have, you know, a bevy of children. I lived, and I'm in real estate and my house is pink. And he's a very funny guy on the show. Just like, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Jesus, Well, here's a problem. Also now that he's like, by the way, another spoiler alert here and now and he's gone out with Kelly. We didn't work out with leu Anne.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well next week it'll be pretty clear.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So whenever those airs, well.
Speaker 2: Wait, don't tell me, don't tell me. I'm like, I'm so invested in he is.
Speaker 3: So he's so funny though, when he that couch and said I'm back, and then yes, I love it.
Speaker 1: It was it was so adorable.
Speaker 2: What about when he goes in an interview, They're like, what do you think of Andy Cohen? He goes, who's Andy Cohen?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: He says, the broker, Oh my god, the.
Speaker 2: Broker, outfit, the whole thing like that, but he has great hair.
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 3: And we're friends and you know I I will tell you.
Speaker 2: You saved him though you brought him back.
Speaker 3: I did, and I'm the one that gave James the key. Thank you man. She because right now in the show, she and James are enjoying each.
Speaker 2: Listen, I love Luanne so much, like literally, I am her rider die. But when that she and James saying, I'm just like, no, you.
Speaker 1: Guys, what was it? The one liner? Love love Hotel, Love hotel? You know that's showing up on our cabare when I'm in a bad mood. By the way, if I'm this is true, why can.
Speaker 2: We not sing?
Speaker 1: Well? I don't know what is going on, what the tune was, but I will tell you that when I'm in a bad mood, and that it is oftentimes that I am, I will pick up my phone and I will go to TikTok and I will search Luannella sept and watch her do that cabaret and everything is right in the world when I see her.
Speaker 2: I love what I'm getting. When I were getting ready, I always do like it's the Countess speaking.
Speaker 1: I was telling we did that, TikTok.
Speaker 2: We did?
Speaker 1: We did?
Speaker 2: We did?
Speaker 1: I love watching her do that. Yes, anyway, we even though my name is Kelly, So okay, moving on, we have diverted, Let's talk about Uh, I'm having fun. I always I know it.
Speaker 2: Actually I can just sit here and talk about I know what I know.
Speaker 1: I know, I know it so well. Kelly, I actually want you to take this question right now because we already spoke about you and Mark, and there seems to be something in your life that I know nothing about. And I heard vaguely about something this morning, and I'd like to get to it and maybe you could discuss it with Shannon's. You ain't discussing it with me.
Speaker 2: Jen's like I didn't get the tea, So I again, you know what. I just saw you in the green room and I was just saying, like I just I was very impressed by you, and I just thought that you not only handled yourself well, but you are you have grace. You have a lot of grace.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you know that, but you do, because it seems like you don't, but you do well.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm I'm humble, Like I'm not good with compliments, you know, but.
Speaker 2: So it's like humble on a smoke show. Which way.
Speaker 3: No, but I'm not, I'm not good.
Speaker 2: I just you you have grace, you have a lot of grace.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for you. That's a big deal for me to say thank you, because I.
Speaker 1: Just you want to deny it.
Speaker 3: There's and don't want to deny it. But I just don't want to be like.
Speaker 1: It's hard to be a big shot like oh yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah I am. No, I'm not going to say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you do.
Speaker 1: That also makes you stand apart in terms of housewives.
Speaker 3: Oh, I can't tell you how many times I just said it to Sarah today, which I had the ego, you me both of some of these.
Speaker 1: Give me both kids. Yeah, Kelly, you're not out of the hot seat going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think again, just like that's one reason why, like I think I didn't think that I personally am very invested in your narrative because and I do feel like you. I mean this, I do feel like you're very strong, main character energy because of the things that you've gone through and the way you're handling things and the way you're moving forward. Just like the little things you said, like at the top when we talked about like relationship versus dating, just like the way that you speak about things has it has you know, very a very strong like underpinning of grace, which is beautiful. So I recently have you, I've been single. I the reason that I'm on this podcast is because I called off my wedding four days for us. Remember, there was there was there was a pre nup situation. There were some other situations. Uh, and I just was like, I'm not doing that. Fortunately, I haven't seen him, heard from him, nothing, which is so great. I literally was like Galley, which is amazing, and I'm actually really grateful for that. I I miss his mother, but I don't miss him.
Speaker 1: But that's a first I did.
Speaker 2: I loved his mother. Oh my god, she was beautiful, because I don't my parents are deceased. She was just a beautiful human. So cut to on this podcast, I've been really making a concerted effort to be in therapy and also use the podcast as a way for me to apply what I'm learning. So whether that's talking about relationships, whether that's going on dates, whether that's having jen on some of my days, and so, you know, I've been dating, you know, I've been going out a lot of dates. And I met someone who's amazing, who's a really really great person. And I found out from a fan that he was somewhere kissing a woman, not just kissing, but making out with a woman. And it was really, really really upsetting to me. How long, granted that we're just in the early.
Speaker 3: Stage, how many dates have you been on with him?
Speaker 2: You know, I went with him to Miami. You know, I've gone you know, a couple of many, you know, like probably like ten dates.
Speaker 3: What you went on a trip with him?
Speaker 2: Yes, I want to trip with him. This was like I went to f one with him a couple of weeks ago. He's he's great.
Speaker 1: When did you find out that this happened?
Speaker 2: I found out last weekend during swim week, right before I right before to.
Speaker 1: Me, it wasn't bethany Well he did he did. He did not get away from her and maybe Rachel you just you tell Oh my god. Okay, but anyway, but.
Speaker 3: Did you have a conversation about exclusivity?
Speaker 2: Like, no, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Does that happen?
Speaker 1: It's just like I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, no, that's why I'm asking you. That's why I'm trusting you. So I do not trust you too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't feel like you're on No, I don't.
Speaker 2: But I was asking you what your thoughts are.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I see that is so hurtful. I'm super sensitive, but I'm very sensitive. That's bye bye.
Speaker 2: Plus, I've been in like relationship after relationship. I mean, every single man I've ever dated has cheated on me except for one.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you this, and.
Speaker 2: They're open about They're like, oh, I just cheated on you. I'm like, that's nice for you. Oh, here's a picture of me with this girl. That's so nice.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, guys are awful with me. I'm like you, it's just okay.
Speaker 1: So you obviously started him. You obviously confronted him.
Speaker 2: I confronted him and I said, I said, I just want to be careful because you know, I don't know what's going on. I don't do like, you know, it's.
Speaker 1: Very magnanimous of you.
Speaker 2: You and her, like I don't do that. I don't you know, if you want to be with her, you should be with her, Like I was very I'm an adult, like.
Speaker 1: Did you know who the girl was? No?
Speaker 2: Okay, no idea?
Speaker 3: And what did he say?
Speaker 2: And he just is like really upset, really really to upset, really really upset. But you know, the thing is too, is that like dating, you know, there's there's two questions. So first of all the advice of like what I should do, But the second question is how do you navigate being on a show, of being well known and navigating this brave new world of dating with these fans who are incredibly loyal to me, who are just so lovely and have my back, like you can't go anywhere because there's going to be somebody and it's not you know, we don't just have female fans. We have male fans too, by the way, and a lot of guys are always like, hey, that guy's not good for you, Like I don't know. That also happened to me I had a fan or a friend. I don't like to call them fans because it sounds super disingenuous. But you know a friend who literally said, I know who that person is. That person's not a good person, not this guy, another guy.
Speaker 1: So I was just like, you have but kel you know what, I'm not sure the answer, because yes, I understand ten dates. There's a lot of dates you went away with him. Maybe exclusivity is implied. Having said that, I think that there is probably under the umbrella. Well, we never spoke about being exclusive, so it was a one time whatever. Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 3: I never called to my boyfriend. I never like you think, well, I will just say that the one difference that I had with a couple of the Gala's Unloved Hotel is that like they will be intimate with a man just to be intimate. For me, it's about the person, it's about that connection. So like, I don't I won't just have sex to have sex like that.
Speaker 1: Do you think that's my because I won't either.
Speaker 2: I won't either.
Speaker 3: So that's my if if you're intimate, was if I'm intimate with someone, And so I don't know if you went there, but then we're you're not seeing anybody that's interesting?
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I yeah, because and They all were like, I wasn't an age thing because I think Luanne felt more free in that area. And yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: Was kissing both guy well.
Speaker 1: But then she also freaked out when the one guy had his arms around Cynthia and that was not making out. That was we're on you know, love hotel, right, so obviously she felt like that was disrespectful when James.
Speaker 2: When James, I thought that was weird. I was like, get you get your hands off my friend, right, yeah, and by the way, I was supposed to go, I know Cynthia, Yeah, but I had to do something with iHeart, yeah, which was so much fun too. But yes, luans like you should have come, and I was like, oh so.
Speaker 1: Wait, hold on, So what's the outcome? What happened with the guy? Is he still alive.
Speaker 3: Days ago trying to contact you?
Speaker 2: Yes, sent me beautiful flower.
Speaker 3: So he says him done with this girl? Was it?
Speaker 2: Has he been dating her?
Speaker 1: Did he just meet her exactly that day? What? Thank you?
Speaker 2: He was drinking a lot and it may or may not have been his ex fiancee.
Speaker 1: Now, unfortunately, Kelly, I have to rethink the whole thing. I thought it was like, you're going to say he was wasted.
Speaker 2: They were out this. Well, that's why I'm trying to be the adult about it, because they were together and I said to him, if you want to be together, I support you, like I'm not going to get you and I'm not going to get in the way of someone that's not going to happen if you have a connection with someone that's you know, I care about him. Yes, I do have self respect.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to say now, you just threw up.
Speaker 2: Plus, I've been like cheated on so many times. I'm just like, what's what's different, Like, yeah, you know what, I think, Wait, maybe we should do a show on like all the cheaters together.
Speaker 3: I think that okay, you knowing that he was with someone and then that's okay.
Speaker 2: I'm on Instagram on Instagram she was telling me this, and it just was like I was like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: I just feel like if you were to accept him back and then you're a relationship, you're saying that's okay.
Speaker 1: Listen, I have I was separated for a year and a half. I don't know if you know this, but there were infidelities in my marriage coming from both of us. The first one was not for me having said that, here we are today twenty five years later, twenty six. I think we're twenty six. And I'm not saying that an affair is not something or I believe personally that it depends on the situation and sometimes you can. I'm here to tell you move on. Things will change, and they certainly did for my husband and I. But this kind of thing, it's still so new. He's supposed to be obsessed with you and only you.
Speaker 2: So that's why when you were talking at the beginning and I was like, I was like, oh my god, I'm gonna start to cry. That's why I'm like, I want main character energy.
Speaker 1: No you, no, bit, it's more main character energy than you. Get the hell out of here.
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, I just wanted to ask your thoughts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just like, Jenquar, how many how many years were you married before seven?
Speaker 1: It was the seven year itch? It was the cliche of it all.
Speaker 2: Okay, See, I've been divorced for fifteen and then I dated this guy for two. Then I had to cut that off because that was not good. That was not good for me. And so now I'm like, oh my god, is it again? Am I ever going to meet someone who just like wants to be with me.
Speaker 3: You know, when you're when when you try and when you you know, start and give it your all and it doesn't work out. That's why I got so upset that Earle and I fought. I just felt like it was ruining.
Speaker 1: Everything because you were so impressed in it at this point, it's.
Speaker 3: Like, oh wait, this is so great and what happened Like now it's just blown up into this big ordeal and it really upset me because it's like, just you know.
Speaker 2: But you didn't get upset and talk about how upset you were. You you pivoted and did something kind for him and changed the narrative. And so that's one reason why I also think that you're a great advice person giver, because you know, and just like Jen was saying, it's like, you know, you're so that you're saying it. It's like just because there is no right way to have a relationship, to have a marriage, there's no right way. There's no book, do you know what I mean, There's no like you know, people don't have you know, there's a lot of ways you can move in and out of that that license if you.
Speaker 1: Will although I will tell you that I have much less patience now for friends of mine like at our age ladies, and I think we're all about the same age. Forgive me if you guys are younger than me, But I feel like you got to be a little smarter. You got to sort of see things in a different way that you did, like like, oh, you know, I mean you have to be And I'm not saying you have to be defensive, and I'm not saying that you have to overthink everything, but there are not like Kelly. This to me is a perfect example. If I that happened to me and I was let's say I was crazy about a guy when I was twenty five and he had done that, I would let it go. In about two seconds. I would convince myself and everyone around me that it was that he fell into her mouth like that. That would be like the narric because I wouldn't. I would just feel that desperation and not enough you know, self worth to say wait a second, your ex fiancee to get the fuck out of here. I think now, I hope now I've come a long way from that at age fifty six, and I feel like you guys, we would we have to be a little smarter.
Speaker 3: Now, well, I'm sixty one, so if suprating when look at her, Like, when I do a relationship, I have to know that it is the right relationship because I got one more shot. You know, I'm not gonna I it, just I have to know. So that's not a good way to start.
Speaker 1: When you look back at your other relationships, Like do you see things now, I don't know if we're geting, we're not even the names, but do you see that there were warning signs that you.
Speaker 2: Importantly right from the get really but by the way, like you know, to your point, I'm saying, by the way, to your point. So I'm like, don't have to say anything, uh no, But to your point, when you do something, you set a precedence like okay, I'm doing this. If you let me get away with it's like a kid, it's like you're you. I didn't say no, I'm gonna let you do it. That they're going to keep doing it over again again in different ways. Yeah, they're not going to be doing maybe the same thing, but they're going to do things similar ways. And you know, I'm not like I'm not like, oh my god, here are the rules. I just feel like you should just.
Speaker 3: Know, right. But the good thing, if you want to call it good, the positive that is coming out of this you're the fan reaching out to you and telling you about this ten date guy, is that you've found out now. Yeah, you know, because if you if you meet someone who's a stranger, I think it takes a good two years to get to know somebody, to truly get to know who they are, So you know, you can nip that in the butt.
Speaker 2: But maybe I'm just too open. Maybe I'm just too but maybe honestly, maybe it's.
Speaker 1: Beginning now it's z ex fiance, so like Kelly, you don't need that.
Speaker 2: But then what about the other guy that I was that you know, it was like we had to get married, he had to get engaged, he had to do all these things, Like what is it about not them? What is it about me that I'm longing? I don't have my main character, grace Shanon.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you mean whether they want to lock you down, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Yes, they're like, okay, you now good? You want that je you can't pull me. I may or may not be wearing extensions like please do not I.
Speaker 1: Wish I hope that continues for you and for Shannon. Yeah, I mean I like for them to want to lock you guys.
Speaker 3: I would like take charge person.
Speaker 2: Well, not calling me and saying like we're getting married tomorrow.
Speaker 1: But guess what. You're strong enough at this point you're like to say, guess what, No, we're not getting married tomorrow. And that's the maybe you would have been, you know, a different person when you were even in your forties.
Speaker 2: Like listen, it's like a high school musical song, strong.
Speaker 1: You all, Yeah, don't ever do that again, please, I beg of you.
Speaker 2: Everyone can sing, no, not everyone. Yes, anyway, everyone's a singer.
Speaker 1: All right, you guys, So all right, So anyway, Shannon, like, just is there any takeaway from love hotality advice you want to give to our listeners in terms of, like you put yourself out there again? And which is I think you know that's the gift of you. But anything you'd want to you know impart.
Speaker 3: Well, I just think that as far as dating goes it, you should be vulnerable and you should be honest. Like I was criticized a bit for like why are you telling everybody that you got a duy because it's part of me. Let's just get it out of the way. I love that.
Speaker 1: I just love that. That is the key, I think one of the keys to being successful in housewives. Also, you got to own your you can't.
Speaker 2: But it's interesting because I was raised to like not talk. Oh now, you don't talk about anything. Everything's fine, everything's perfect, it's all great news.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Oh, you want to hear the good news. That's like my father would say, I want to hear the good news. Want to hear the great news. It was always great, great, good, good, good good. There was no bad. There's something Oh my god, that's that's no, no, no, no, we don't talk about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I actually sat down with Earle and I brought him up to my room and I played him clips from the Real Housewives of Orange County Cool so he would have kind of an understanding of there's the door shon door.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I showed him that scene and he was like, you've got to be kidding me.
Speaker 1: Well, that wasn't embarrassing for you.
Speaker 2: That was just funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, but I but I showed him that and a couple others, and you know, he kind of got it a little bit. It was just so refreshing for us to have the men not like none of them had seen the House I shows before, so that was really nice that they were getting to know us for us, you know, is it?
Speaker 2: The guys were great. The guys were really great.
Speaker 1: I really hope. I don't know what. I know. You're not going to tell me, but I was still waiting on the last episode. I really hope you, guys, even if it's not romantic, end up, like you know, being friends and having some relationship because I loved I did really grow to love the two of you together.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Very sweet.
Speaker 3: I will say that there is one of the ladies of the four that is still dating someone Lunne.
Speaker 1: Holy shit, you heard it here first. No, I know they're all nodding there.
Speaker 2: No, No, don't know, just say wrong to figure it out.
Speaker 1: I could figure it out, Shannon. I would like to to be you, Jelle.
Speaker 2: I love, I love.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to read her eyes, you guys.
Speaker 2: But she, Shannon is an ice queen.
Speaker 1: God, she's not letting it go.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Tell us, tell us, tell us, it's just too strong. We can't break her all right? Three more?
Speaker 2: Wait, I have to ask one more question. I have to one more question. Kissing on camera and how was that?
Speaker 3: You know what? Like at a certain point, you know, you just forget that microphone is on your back and that you've got cameras. I forgot that they have those robotic cameras in the room so early. And I did have like a little makeout session, but I don't think. I don't think i've seen it yet.
Speaker 1: I don't seen it. I don't remember see it. I do, and I remember very well the makeout sessions because I can't stand on TV when you hear the noises. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I love Ashley, but he was like the I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: I was like, right, the one lizard kissing or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, whoa, yeah, nothing alse him.
Speaker 2: He's very good God, no, no, he's he is very good looking. But just like the yeah, I'll be like, oh my god, you scare me.
Speaker 1: If you're with Ashley Darby, you're gonna oh too.
Speaker 2: It's hard not to maybe do something else with maybe not with the volume.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It is funny because after my first date with Earle, we were at the elevators and you're not supposed to be alone, you know, not on camera, and he kissed me and we got in a little bit trouble. Yeah, because it wasn't on camera. Wow.
Speaker 1: Well I love that you did it off camera though. That's cool. Take yeah, take charge, Take charge all right? Guys?
Speaker 2: Well, we love you.
Speaker 3: We love you, guys.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 2: Are you like Shannon and ready to open yourself up to love again after divorce? We can help you point you in the right direction. Email us or call us, follow us on socials. Make sure to rate and review the podcast I Do Part two, an iHeartRadio podcast. We're falling in love is the main objective.