Speaker 1: Wow, it is the end of the week, which means it is time for another edition of the Stardom cit Them show.
Speaker 2: Welcome everybody on Marcus Grand alongside Michael F. Floyer who pins the Start Sidcolm you can find that at NFL dot com slash Start Sit and Lakwan Jones, who does not write to Start sidcommon but he has opinions and so we bring him in to offer his opinions on.
Speaker 3: Some of the things we got here, So looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: We are six weeks through, we are almost to the halfway points of the fantasy regular season. How are we coming? How are things feeling in the Start Sit Arena Florio?
Speaker 4: The last couple of weeks have definitely been better. Last week it helped that like half of the players I wrote to SIT ended up just not playing, which I mean that's an easy correct You're right, yeah, but yeah, overall, so far, so good.
Speaker 3: I would say, sounds good.
Speaker 2: We will dive in with another set of start since this week, starting at quarterback.
Speaker 3: Who do you like? Who do you not like?
Speaker 4: I think you keep starting Jordan Love. I know it's a tough matchup, but I think it could be a potentially high scoring game. With two good quarterbacks in this one. Baker Mayfield is a must start option for me. He's the QB two on the week, and the Ravens have really struggled against the pass this year. Anthony Richardson looks like he is back, and if he's back, I think you play him unless it's in like a really really tough matchup and that is not this against Miami. Kirk Cousins is a fantastic start this week, I think against Seattle, who has been torched in three consecutive weeks by Jared Goff, Daniel Jones, and Brock Purdy, I think kirk Cousins could be the fourth in line for that. And then Sam Darnold in what I think could be a very high scoring game against the Lions, who are elite against stopping the run but really struggle against the pass, and then some six. Look. Patrick Mahomes at this point is just a name. He's averaging fourteen fantasy points per game one QB one finish on this season, and then I think you could sit Brock Purdy potentially depending on your options here, but under fifteen fantasy points in four to six, and the Chiefs outside of Lamar Jackson have kept quarterbacks in check this year, justin Herbert because last week was his best game and he didn't even get fourteen fantasy points. Aaron Rodgers, I know the arrow is trending up, but it's still against the Steelers, so I think you play it safe. And then same thing with Matthew Stafford. The arrow is trending up, but the upside has been too low. Then I need to see more first before I get him back to my lineup.
Speaker 2: LaQuan, I'm gonna ask you, because you are the rams stand here on the show.
Speaker 3: Sure, I mean that in the nicest way possible.
Speaker 2: Stafford, I know, dealing with a little bit of an injury, but Cooper Cup possibly coming back. Would Cooper Cup being in the lineup have an impact on starting Stafford for you?
Speaker 5: I would be hesitant. It's one of those things you have to just kind of just wait and see. It's gonna be a slow walk before we get you know, Cooper Cup back, you know, performing, not just playing, but performing. That's the big thing here. And Matthew Stafford without Cooper Cup and without Pucan Dakota healthy o line, I don't think we could put him in starting lineups until we see this Rams offense just fully healthy and hitting in all cylinders.
Speaker 2: Florida with the Anthony Richardson going against Miami, the Dolphins have been really bad against the run, but they've been fairly tough against quarterbacks so far this year. We know that Jonathan Taylor banged up, maybe playing, maybe not playing. With Jonathan Taylor being on the field, have any impact on Richardson.
Speaker 4: To you, He's not gonna be one hundred percent, so it has a little I think it's possible that Anthony Richardson leads the Colts in rushing yards this week, which is why, like what I wrote, I'm like, yeah, the floor might not be the safest when it comes to Anthony Richardson, but the upside is so high because of what he could do with his legs and the fact that he could turn any pass into like a sixty yard touchdown because he's got that strong of an arm. So yeah, it's one of those things that I'd have to have another pretty good option for me to get away from Anthony Richardson, just because of the upside he brings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like if Richardson succeeds, it will be on the ground, not so much through there. Maybe he does, as you mentioned, hit one of those big throws, but I don't think consistently he's gonna put up a lot of passing yards this week.
Speaker 3: Running back starts and sins. Who you got?
Speaker 4: We're gonna go with Tony Pollard, who is someone that all three of us have spoken up this week about because the Buffalo Bills have just been torched by running backs and Pollard has played very well. Shout out to you guys on this one, Chewba Hubbard. You guys were definitely way higher on him than I was, and he has really paid off. Fifteen plus fantasy points in every game with Andy Dalton this season. And it's a great matchup against the Commanders. On the other side, though, an even better matchup Brian Robinson Junior and Alson Eckler. I think if Robinson plays, he is a must start and Eckler becomes a really good flex play with a safe floor that has a higher ceiling. This week, if Robinson sits Ecklers, they must play James Connor. I know last week was rough, but I still think you continue to start him each week. Joe Mixon is playing far too well to get away from and I think Ramandre Stevenson, as long as he plays, he is in play for me. If he sits, though, I think that puts Antonio Gibson back into play because of the matchup. And then my sits Aaron Jones. He's banged up. We're not sure if he's going to play or not, but whether he does, I think you get away. The Lions are the hardest matchup for running backs. Travis Etn similar situation. Not sure if he's going to play or not this week, but I don't really love the idea of getting him in my lineup. Rashad White, There's no way I want to play him if he plays three headed back committee against the tough one of the toughest matchups for a running back. Devin Singletary. The Eagles are good against the run, and I think Tyrone Tracy is here to stay. Nick Chubb, I think you want to take a wait and see approach with him me personally, at least that is my viewpoint. And then Jalen Warren. I was excited to have him back last week, but he just did not get enough usage in his first game back that I think you could uh, you can get away from him this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely with with the Tampa Bay.
Speaker 2: You mentioned Rashad Why I mean that looks like a mess of a backfield with Todd Bowles basically like, we're gonna use three guys, We're gonna go with the hot hand, and like, why don't you just punch me in the face, Todd Bowles?
Speaker 3: It feels straight up sock me. It just said he just walked. Was like bow Like, you know, we're starting three running backs. Deal with it?
Speaker 2: Like, thanks, man, I appreciate it. Tuba Hubbard going against Washington Lakwan. I mean, Tuba has played really really well this week. I want to ask you, maybe not so much about Tuba, but like Jonathan Brooks, because I think a lot of us were excited about him. You drafted him, you stashed him, waiting for him to come off injured reserve. The practice window is open. But can we trust now that they're actually going to put him in a workhorse role considering how well Tuba has played.
Speaker 5: Uh, I don't think so. I think we just need to just wait and see how this really develops, because I don't think they're having any They really is no rush to kind of just push them out there. I kinda think they're going to give him some touches here and there. But if Tuba Hubber is still running at a high level, putting up yards and being effective in the run game, and it's helping the passing game as well, I feel as though you don't go out there and change things up because you might knock off the chemistry. I mean, Chuba Hubber has earned these touches, So I don't think you just bring in the new toy. Don't get new toy syndrome and just throw them in there. I know you want to see what you have for the future, but there's always later in the season that you could just kind of just throw him in there to see what you got for the future.
Speaker 2: You mentioned Florio Nick Jayleen Warren rather as a sit would you start Najie Harris against the Gets?
Speaker 4: I think Nausey is one of those players that depends on your options. He's floor and the volume he sees each week. Each week have been safe and he has the last couple of weeks just looked the part and look like he's getting back to that Nausey that we used to know and love. But Jets are a decent matchup against him. I do think you start nausey. You just don't be surprised if he gives you like ten or eleven points, because that's what he does in like half his games. But I'm hoping that he finds the end zone and maybe we get a little bit more of a higher ceiling out of him moving forward.
Speaker 2: All right, let's move on to the wide receiver position. Who are your starts and sins?
Speaker 4: Tyreek Hill because he's coming off his best game without Tua, and the Colts are a matchup that has struggled against wide receivers. Zay Flowers is coming off of back to back career games and it's a fantastic matchup against the Bucks. I think he's a must play this week. I think Terry McLaurin is a must play this week against the Carolina Panthers. It's amazing what Terry looks like with an actual legit. NFL quarterback Deontay Johnson is a must start option as long as Andy Dalton is the quarterback. He leads the league and ends on targets with Andy Dalton this year, which is wild. Jamison Williams has brought a safer floor that I think people realize and we know that the upside is there and what could be a high scoring game. And then Jordan Addison. The floor might be low, but the matchup is so good and I think there could be points in this game that I think you take the shot on Addison this week. My sits are George Pickens. I've talked about this a lot this week. Potentially first game with Russ. Could still see fields, could see both of these guys, and he's going to see a lot of Sauce Gardner, which worries me. Michael Pittman Junior because Alec Pearce has led the Colts in yards every game that Anthony Richardson has started and finished, and Pittman and his first three full games this year with Richardson was in single digits and all three of them. Jalen Waddle has not scored double digits since Week one. There's no upside right now with him without TUA, so I think you could get away from him there. And then Calvin Ridley eight targets, no catches last week. I don't see any way you could trust Calvin Ridley this week.
Speaker 2: Covin Ridley obviously he had that postgame rant included a few naughty words that we can't repeat on this podcast. It's been bleak with him, mostly because the quarterback situation is so bad. What can you do with Calvin Ridley? Because it just it seems hard to play him, but you know nobody's gonna trade for him. You can't really drop him. I mean, what are you doing with Ridley?
Speaker 5: You're kind of just letting him just sitting the waistland of your bench like he's on bench row. I mean, honestly, if I'm frustrated enough one day and the injuries are piling up, I'm willing to drop him because honestly, Will Levs is not getting from the ball until the second half, well really the fourth quarter. So it's like, if he is not going to be in your direct game plan, what is he out there doing? Like I feel his frustrations because you went out there and I keep saying this, you you play them, how you pay them, and like he is your best offensive weapon and he's not getting the.
Speaker 4: Ball until like the fourth quarter?
Speaker 5: What are we doing here? So he has a two week notice if he doesn't show up this game out of frustration and you know, the media giving backlash, then you know, he's on a two week notice to where I just dropped him to the wire.
Speaker 2: I mean, Florio, could we see a squeaky wheel game? I know you've said repeatedly that the strength of the Bills defense is the secondary.
Speaker 3: Could you see a squeaky wheel game? And will it matter?
Speaker 2: Because Levis is the quarterback going against a good defensive backfield.
Speaker 4: That part like, we could see a squeaky wheel game, But it's not like Calvin Ridley had two targets last week, Like they threw him the ball eight times and they just couldn't connect. So I'm not sure it matters. Like I'm hoping. I am a big Calvin Ridley fan. I have him on fantasy teams. I hope this connection gets better and a squeaky wheel game comes. But yeah, tough matchup, and I mean last week was a great matchup on paper and they couldn't connect on one. So yeah, I cannot trust Calvin.
Speaker 3: Ridley this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was the part because last week they're playing the Colts and you figured, Okay, if there's ever a chance for the Titans offense to take off, this is it.
Speaker 3: And it didn't happen.
Speaker 2: So now we're sort of wondering like, Okay, it just might not happen this year, at least with Will Levis at quarterback.
Speaker 3: Finally tight ends who is up and who's down?
Speaker 4: In Week seven, brock Bauers is an absolute must start every single week, but especially this week against the Rams defense, who have struggled against tight ends. Evan Ingram had ten targets last week. Yeah, ear muffs the squad. Sorry, Evan Ingram had ten targets last week and that's e lead volume at the tight end position, so you start him. Kyle Pitts double digits in two straight weeks and in half of his games. That upside is good enough to start. I thought David and Joku was worth starting when Amari Cooper was still a Brown without him, though, I expect him to see even more volume now, which keeps him in play at the tight end position. And then Kate Auten. Don't look now, but the last three four weeks Kate Auten has been highly involved in this Bucks passing attack. More of a safe floor than high upside tight end. But still we're talking about tight ends here, so Kate Outen is in play. Isaiah likely averaging less than three targets per game since Week six. You just cannot trust that the two touchdown game was nice. But without a touchdown, this guy could give you like less than three fantasy points. TJ. Hawkinson has a chance to return this week.
Speaker 3: I just think you.
Speaker 4: Plan on being without him. You got by this far without him first came back from a severe knee injury. I like to take a wait and see approach with players like that. Pat Fryermooth, I know the arrow is pointing up with if it is Russ, but quarterback questions, tough matchup. I think it's okay to take a wait and see approach there. It's just not happening for Dalton Schultz. Even with Nico Collins sidelined right now, and then Mike Issecki was fun, Walt Higgins was sidelined. The Bengals used four different tight ends last week. That means you can trust none of them in fantasy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was really trying to see if Eric All was going to become a thing in Cincinnati. But if they're gonna use that many guys, it's kind of hard to rely on any of them.
Speaker 3: L quote.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you about Brock Bowers because the matchup obviously is good, but I want to look sort of long term. He starts comes into week seven as the tight end two, behind only George Kittle with note DeVante Adams. Now for the rest of the year, could Broock Bowers finish the year as the tight end one overall?
Speaker 5: Yeah, just based on the volume. Honestly, I think this was like such a home run hit for you know, people that went out there and got brock Bauers in those later rounds as their tight end one, and I feel like, man, he's just been playing amazing ball. He's really the only swark that the Raiders have on offense right now that I can feel confident about. Jacobe Myers has banged up right now, Trey Tucker, he's kind of sharing that role with DJ Turner where they're kind of like being gadget players, rushing attempts out the backfield, jet sweeps, etcetera, etc. So I'm not too confident in that department there. But brock Bauers, he's putting that cape on, might be the tight end one, man, I mean it really might.
Speaker 2: Be at this point. Player, did I all my Pat Fryarmouth shares? Can I just light them on fire or is there is there hope that it's going to get better.
Speaker 4: I think there's hope that maybe with Russell Wilson, this team starts passing a little bit more in their higher quality targets. Although the passing numbers between Fields and Russ last year were close, like Russell was the better passer of the two, but they were a little bit closer than I think some people might think. But yeah, I would say the arrow is pointing up, but not against the Jets defense Like that is not in Russ's potential first start. That is not a place where I want to go. But yeah, I mean, it can't get any worse.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I can't imagine it gets any worse. I really, Look, I didn't spend huge numbers out of firing mouth. I didn't think he was gonna get you, you know, George Kittle, you know Trey McBride kind of numbers. But I thought he'd be a nice, steady present at tight end. You were gonna get late in drafts for a nice, nice draft price. That hadn't really happened. I think in part because again when I when I think we were drafting like that, we were all assuming Russ was going to be the starting quarterback ever week won and that hasn't happened yet, So maybe maybe things are gonna turn around, and maybe I should just be patient and stop whining.
Speaker 3: There you go. H four more of Florio starts and sich.
Speaker 2: You can go to nfl dot com slash start sit check it out with a little bit more in depth analysis on a lot of these names. But in the meantime, that will do it for this edition of the Startup in Them Show. We appreciate you hanging out with us. As always, stay have yourself in safe and healthy, do good and live well. Enjoy week seven, putting on some solid line ones everybody, and we will talk to you again real soon.